4.0

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Ridiculously terrible and sad game. Biggest disappointment of a decade. The only good thing about this game is nice art in game. The bad is no randomly generated maps, server down time, ping problems, end game is pay to win this list an go on and on. Also, dumbed down game play due to being ported for consoles doesn't do any good to the game either. Even though most people did already IRidiculously terrible and sad game. Biggest disappointment of a decade. The only good thing about this game is nice art in game. The bad is no randomly generated maps, server down time, ping problems, end game is pay to win this list an go on and on. Also, dumbed down game play due to being ported for consoles doesn't do any good to the game either. Even though most people did already I suggest that you do not waste your money on this game. Expand
  2. Apr 11, 2013
    This rating is not based in DRM. Is based in gameplay.... the worst gameplay ever. A point and kill game. I dont know why people can say it has "good graphics". Come on, pixeled characters?, fuzzy grass? shadow trees? Nothing has good resolution or detail or style (and yes, Im playing it in the Highest detail with 3GB in VRAM) Repetitive as hell, you have seen everything in the first 30This rating is not based in DRM. Is based in gameplay.... the worst gameplay ever. A point and kill game. I dont know why people can say it has "good graphics". Come on, pixeled characters?, fuzzy grass? shadow trees? Nothing has good resolution or detail or style (and yes, Im playing it in the Highest detail with 3GB in VRAM) Repetitive as hell, you have seen everything in the first 30 minutes. Since then, just point and kill. A Well deserved 0 for this "game". Expand
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    I have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels upI have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels up the same. This limits the dynamics of the characters. Once you have a Barbarian or Demon Hunter already created, creating another is superfluous. However, it allows for a focus on skills and skill selection. Also, there are options to test different builds to one you like. Attributes are automatically distributed when you level, so the game becomes a little more results based.

The drop rates are way better than months ago and Inferno difficulty is manageable than there were even 6 months ago.

Multiplayer can be fun and as time went on, there are more options for those that don't participate. Patch 1.08 will enhance the benefits of multiplayer more.

The RMAH was a bad idea and is now recognized as a bad idea by Blizzard. The auction house can be nice sometimes to open up different options. There is a sense of community that I don't see with the competitors with the online DRM, auction house, multiplayer etc. that I like, but most find these to be the greatest detriments to the game or the areas that need the most improvement.

Unlike many games, this game is continually updated and revised. I've put countless hours into this game. It is a wonderful value since it requires no additional costs.
  4. Apr 5, 2013
    A Masterpiece of Art, uplifting Mythology, sound, mystery, etc. I LOVE IT NOW PLAYING INFERNO LEVEL. Will play again and again to better understand the mythology and relationships of the STORY which many gamers don't know how to follow.
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    I waited for over seven years for this after playing Diablo 2, I had so high expectations for this but it didn't live up to it. The level up system and the atmosphere wasn't the same and it lacks replayability and the worst was the launch and the "must have internet connection" problem. But it still manages to be a good game.
  6. Apr 1, 2013
    Don't waste 60 bucks on this game, it is not worth it. Aside from DRM, the auction house and all that jazz the game just sucks. A lot of the story feels disjointed and out of place, as if they had all kinds of content and needed a way to mush it all together.
  7. Apr 1, 2013
    Blizzard's really doing a great job in the game, as well as improving it.
    My friends and I still play this game on a very regular basis, and we'll say it's pretty awesome.
    Kudos to Blizzard.
  8. Mar 31, 2013
    After growing up playing Diablo II, and loving it, there simply aren't words for my disappointment playing Diablo III. Everything that could go wrong, did. Diablo II, although its graphics dated, was gruesome and dark. Diablo III looks like a World of Warcraft graphical clone. The in-game shop and auction house, requirement to be connected to the internet, and just general "feel" of theAfter growing up playing Diablo II, and loving it, there simply aren't words for my disappointment playing Diablo III. Everything that could go wrong, did. Diablo II, although its graphics dated, was gruesome and dark. Diablo III looks like a World of Warcraft graphical clone. The in-game shop and auction house, requirement to be connected to the internet, and just general "feel" of the game left MUCH to be desired. Also, my account was banned for someone in China hacking it for in game gold. Good riddance... Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    The game is just plain boring. There is no skill tree, no stats. All classes uses the same stats dps) from itens. Story line sucks, i mean, Leah, really????
  10. Mar 20, 2013
    A game with potential, colourful graphics and cartoony action pack game brings you the fastest selling game of all time. Diablo 3, with its all the time action requires all the time lagging with DRM connection. Play up the 4 players which was a decrease from Diablo 2. Get the best gear from looting or have a better chance of throwing your old weapons and gears away from the Auction House.A game with potential, colourful graphics and cartoony action pack game brings you the fastest selling game of all time. Diablo 3, with its all the time action requires all the time lagging with DRM connection. Play up the 4 players which was a decrease from Diablo 2. Get the best gear from looting or have a better chance of throwing your old weapons and gears away from the Auction House. Very predictable storyline with annoying characters as they guide you through Diablo 3. An attempt of shocking ending makes players want to face palm themselves because Blizzard was trying too hard on making a predictable plot twist. DIABLO 3 brought to you by BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT. Expand
  11. Mar 20, 2013
    This isnt a game, its a cashcow. Pretty disgusting because Diablo II was great. Go to hell ActiBlizz
    Nasty DRM politic, casualized gameplay, everything else is bad, Im very dissapointed.
  12. Mar 18, 2013
    on 12 yeras them make same game :S how can people accept that? I dont buy "next" diablo beacuse them sell bad games for full price better buy torchlight 2
  13. Mar 16, 2013
    The gameplay, while amusing the first time through, isn't good or varied enough to warrant repeat playthroughs, which definitely hurt a game that is about loot grinding. No randomization, and an absolutely broken launch also brought this one down. Things are smoothed out now server-wise, and they've dragged the game up out of the gutter with the inclusion of a new secondary levelingThe gameplay, while amusing the first time through, isn't good or varied enough to warrant repeat playthroughs, which definitely hurt a game that is about loot grinding. No randomization, and an absolutely broken launch also brought this one down. Things are smoothed out now server-wise, and they've dragged the game up out of the gutter with the inclusion of a new secondary leveling system, but it's still 'tacked-on' feeling. They still have a way to go before this becomes something that keeps people playing. Expand
  14. Mar 14, 2013
    First of all i would like to state that i have played this game for 1000 hours. I think you should question my score of 1/10 after 1000 hours of play and would say that why did you play it for 1000 hours then? Well let me explain I never used RMAH while most of my friends used RMAH and spent a great deal of money to really enjoy the game i chose the the other way played to save gold andFirst of all i would like to state that i have played this game for 1000 hours. I think you should question my score of 1/10 after 1000 hours of play and would say that why did you play it for 1000 hours then? Well let me explain I never used RMAH while most of my friends used RMAH and spent a great deal of money to really enjoy the game i chose the the other way played to save gold and loot good items. Never found a good item with the chance of 1/1000000 of course that gave me the ambition and i played more and nothing good...Damn WTF! Cons: -Always online RDM and if you live in 3rd world you *ucked up -No skill tree, leveling is not that much important if you have the money The game is limited to play with 1, 2, 3, 4 which than clearly being verified that this game is made for console! Very little chance to find an item usefeul which is designed on purpose that you have have to use AH&RMAH Simplfied crippled game mechanics short game play, bad plot Meaningless mindless absurd quests! bad graphics bad music (imo) PVP is a joke in the end game you end up with only 3 short maps of Act3 which is called Alkaizer run.

To sum up if the title is Diablo 3 i will give it 1/10 this game is sacrificed to console industry. And i hate the system of RMAH i will never buy a game consisting pay to win system
  15. Mar 13, 2013
    Dull and repetitive, even the carbon copy storyline fails to give anything new. With each level it's only really the graphics that change. I won't even start on the always on-line requirement. AVOID.
  16. Mar 12, 2013
    So I'm forced to be always online just to play the SINGLE player game? Seriously? No thanks. Don't buy this game, because if you do, you're supporting game companies controlling where and when you play the game that YOU purchased. Don't buy this game.
  17. Mar 12, 2013
    Repetitive, boring, no imagination, terrible dialog, horrible technical issues early on, pay to win ingrained in its DNA. This game was made for another time. AVOID AT ALL COST.
  18. Mar 11, 2013
    This is propably the worst game Blizzard has ever released. It was clearly rushed into release. The game has no end content what so ever. This game is an insult to the previous games on the franchise. There is no world pvp, the actual "pvp" is called brawling now which is a complete joke. Diablo 3 is no longer the Grim world as it should be, now its all colorful. The itemization isThis is propably the worst game Blizzard has ever released. It was clearly rushed into release. The game has no end content what so ever. This game is an insult to the previous games on the franchise. There is no world pvp, the actual "pvp" is called brawling now which is a complete joke. Diablo 3 is no longer the Grim world as it should be, now its all colorful. The itemization is horrible, and the game is run by bots controlling the economy. RMAH is also a complete failure. they decided to get rid of skilltrees/stats which really are the essence of the games on the genre. The chatrooms and social side of the game is non-existant Players no longer can make their own games. The story is like from a cheap hollywood movie. Diablo is a girl, cool stuff. You can no longer swap between acts. Party size decreased from 8 to 4. If you think this game is a worthy successor for Diablo 2, I can guarentee you its not, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  19. Mar 11, 2013
    This is mostly looking back review, since I've experienced this game from a very launch till few big patches came. Patches did huge deal with D3, reworked difficulties, totally rebalanced characters, lots of items changes,raising two questions: is really long Alpha and Beta was necessary? And how do I played it daylong back in May? So that's amazing how addictive gameplay could be. NoThis is mostly looking back review, since I've experienced this game from a very launch till few big patches came. Patches did huge deal with D3, reworked difficulties, totally rebalanced characters, lots of items changes,raising two questions: is really long Alpha and Beta was necessary? And how do I played it daylong back in May? So that's amazing how addictive gameplay could be. No Offline (thanks to DRM) made player always suffer every trouble of Blizzard servers or your own connection. Sound and animation is a very positive point of the game, immersive and greatly combined with each other.
    What in summary: There is a thought, that D3 could have good use of an Add-on, like D2 gained its LoD.
  20. Mar 9, 2013
    Let's start with the positive points of the game: it looks great.
    But that's about the only thing it has going for it. I am very disappointed at so many other things, but perhaps my expectations were too high. I'll just name a few examples:
    - The game has been made so dumbed down. Take stats: the primary stats for each class are so important, that stat priority becomes a no-brainer. -
    Let's start with the positive points of the game: it looks great.
    - The story is predictable and too linear.
    - Even for a hack and slash style game, D3 is too simple and repetitive
  21. Mar 9, 2013
    For art this gets a 9, for effort a 10, but for fun it gets a 5 and that is what matters. The story pulls you through about 15-20 hours of play then, your done. Thats right. 15-20 hours and then you will get bored. Nice job blizzard you over polished a game with about 20 hours of play.
  22. Mar 8, 2013
    DRM is the biggest problem, with bad internet I was forced to stop playing. Fast forward to good internet time, a very dumbed down game where there is no skill tree and casual playing is greatly rewarded while time invested nets little to no return. There is definitely fun to be had but filling the shoes of Diablo 2 was simply too much for them. A great game as an introduction to theDRM is the biggest problem, with bad internet I was forced to stop playing. Fast forward to good internet time, a very dumbed down game where there is no skill tree and casual playing is greatly rewarded while time invested nets little to no return. There is definitely fun to be had but filling the shoes of Diablo 2 was simply too much for them. A great game as an introduction to the series/style but a step backwards as far as fans of the series are concerned. Expand
  23. Mar 8, 2013
    Extremely repetitive and more importantly BORING! Good graphics but that is it. They designed the game around an auction house instead of designing it around the player. Check out their website they have finally admitted how bad the auction house has been for the game. If you want to use the auction house all the time might as well get into stocks.
  24. Mar 7, 2013
    What can I say, if this game was to diablo2 what diablo2 was to the first diablo, it would be a perfect 10, but sadly, blizzard doesn't deliver this time.
    Except from the issues at launch, and the always on DRM, the service has been good. Where my main issue lies is with the itemization. Instead of grinding for better gear, you grind for gold so you can buy better gear, and that's nowhere near as fun, even though the combat system is one of the best hack n slash experiences ever.

For an expansion, I'd like to see an option to switch off auction house (with the reward being higher dropchances), I'd like an option to disable all the ingame cutscenes (before bosses etc. they get really annoying after your 100th playthrough). And I'd like better itemization, like runewords, chance to drop all kinds of quality gems (albeit a really low chance), and maybe add charms to the game?
  25. Mar 7, 2013
    Played this game a lot at launch, took a break, and recently picked it up again. Around launch time, things revolved too much around the real money auction house. They still do. Even though the developers continue to make changes to itemization, and while setting the monster power level increases XP gain and magic find chance, finding legendary items is still super rare and requiresPlayed this game a lot at launch, took a break, and recently picked it up again. Around launch time, things revolved too much around the real money auction house. They still do. Even though the developers continue to make changes to itemization, and while setting the monster power level increases XP gain and magic find chance, finding legendary items is still super rare and requires tons of grinding. The auction house is the carrot on a stick tempting you to bypass that grind by paying real money or tons of gold for end game items. End game items are pretty lackluster thanks to the changes in character development. The damage your skills do is now purely based on your weapon DPS which is tied to your character's chief attribute point. So if you're a barb all you'll care about is strength and vitality, a demon hunter or monk dex and vit, wizard int and vit, etc. So when you see a new item, if it doesn't have those bonuses to those attributes, it's essentially useless with a few rare exceptions. You also no longer have control over how to distribute your attribute points narrowing the list of viable builds for each class. Additionally, you unlock skills in order as you level up. "Runes" can be selected for each skill which augment or totally change how it works. Skills can also be swapped out at will once unlocked. This helps maintain some variety in play, but the number of skills are pretty scant compared to Diablo II. PvP was recently implemented, but most people seem to be doing PvE runs for legendaries or unique sets. Very few people are playing compared to Diablo II, a game nearly 15 years old at this point which should tell you something about how long times fans have been receiving it. Unless you're new to action RPGs or have never played a Diablo game, it's hard to recommend Diablo III. Expand
  26. Mar 7, 2013
    Nice, metacritic crashed when trying to submit my review for this. In short online-only was always about the RLAH, game should be LAN, item grinding sucks, bliz pissed on this IP. D2 had two games types, bliz is just lazy. I was let down.
  27. Mar 6, 2013
    TL;DR A quick cash-in on some nostalgia and the genre defining previous game, nothing but a sign of the state Blizzard has slumped to.

If you want an Korean Grindfest MMO with a paid auction house, then you might enjoy this. Welcome to "Grind through the game 3 times on easy until you get to Inferno: The Game". Always Online, dumbed-down classes and gear system, lackluster story, gameplay and art design that hits a brick wall after Act 1, ridiculous gear gap between Hell and Inferno that will force you into the AH, Always Online also basically denying you your game if you have internet problems or LOL BLIZZARD SERVERS on your damn SINGLE PLAYER GAME. The fact that Hardcore mode can be influenced by the state of your internet/Blizzard's servers is almost downright sickening. The couple good things I will mention at least are the graphics, art design in Act 1, enemies that do feel like relentless hordes on occasion, animations, and the gear design is alright but definitely borrowed from WoW.

I can't argue though if you enjoy the MMO style grindfest that Diablo has now become. Overall, this was simply an Acti-Blizz cash cow that they had to milk, at the expense of all the hype and fans.
  28. Mar 6, 2013
    Fundamental flaws on the game system. Absolutely zero customization on your character thanks to the primary stats.
    1000 armor 999999 dex item on barbarian? ****
    1000 armor 500 vit item on barbarian? OMG BEST ITEM EVAR.

Oh. And bad connection disconnects you from your own game.
  29. Mar 5, 2013
    DRM blows. Why do I need to be online to play in single player? Numerous balance issues and problems with maintenance making it difficult to even logon play. The graphics are cartoon-like. Game play is mind numbing repetitive. This is not Diablo! The Real Money Auction House... oh come on I just paid for the game. Blizzard really messed this up. Yet another great series ruined.
  30. Mar 5, 2013
    Look! Hidden footprints! Terrible writing, terrible gameplay (my wizard has to run (kiting) all the time, it's a joke), terribly small and repetitive, but worst of all is the DRM scheme. Go Error 37 yourself Blizzard- your reputation is now destroyed- you'll be gone inside of 5 years.
  31. Mar 5, 2013
    I took a break from the game for 5 or 6 months after release. At that point, several features had been added which made the game very enjoyable to play. I've probably spent 500+ hours playing different classes, and the game seems fairly balanced. I like that Blizzard still takes the time to add features, and hopefully a DLC in the pipeline.
  32. Mar 4, 2013
    The best example yet why marketers should not have a voice in Game Design. Company policy is fine with Customers paying for their mistakes. Also, the game is unreasonably expensive.
  33. Mar 3, 2013
    The graphics are outdated. The first thing I did after about 30 seconds in the game was go into my graphics settings I was shocked to find that they were already set at the highest possible level. Sure didn't look like it. I normally don't place too much emphasis on graphics (having just finished Final Fantasy IX for the fourth time last week), but the game has no redeeming qualities toThe graphics are outdated. The first thing I did after about 30 seconds in the game was go into my graphics settings I was shocked to find that they were already set at the highest possible level. Sure didn't look like it. I normally don't place too much emphasis on graphics (having just finished Final Fantasy IX for the fourth time last week), but the game has no redeeming qualities to save it. The voice acting is over-the-top and detracts from the already poor and non-engaging story the immersion of D2 is replaced by arcade-style flashy emptiness in D3. I returned to this game after I was initially disgusted six months ago the changes aren't noticeable, except for creeping inflation in the Auction House. The game is always online, meaning people with low-quality internet will suffer gamebreaking lag and frequent disconnects, each one erasing up to 10 minutes of progress. Since you can change your skills and abilities at any time with no cost or repercussions, you don't really feel like you're building a character, and since the story is so poor, fast-paced and uninteresting, you don't feel like you're making a difference or that the game world has history and meaning besides being a playground for you your sole purpose, then, is basically to accumulate gear. Don't even get me started on Blizzard's monetization strategy with their Real Money Auction House. About the only good things I can say about this game is that the interfaces and art style are unified, sleek, and polished, and that the game feels very "smooth" (when you're not downloading or otherwise suffering low internet speeds). Blizzard over-hyped, under-delivered, shamelessly monetized, and generally let everyone down. This is unforgivable. I will never again buy a Blizzard title just because it is a Blizzard title I'll do my due diligence and read reviews, watch gameplay videos, etc. The fact that all the mainstream websites and gaming mags liked it just signals corruption, buyoffs, and shady dealings in the industry. Expand
  34. ika
    Mar 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Poor storyline. Some quests are very similar to ones from D1. The whole game is built around the gear for the character and auction house. I was bored after an hour of playing. Not recommended. Expand
  35. Mar 2, 2013
    The visuals are excellent but they can't carry the game. It really should have been held for another year, the lack of content is inexcusable in a rogue-like game. The story falls apart in act 4, the narrative is disjointed, characters poorly constructed, controls and combat overly simplistic, and progression is painfully uneven. Loot drops are excessively random even in full parties withThe visuals are excellent but they can't carry the game. It really should have been held for another year, the lack of content is inexcusable in a rogue-like game. The story falls apart in act 4, the narrative is disjointed, characters poorly constructed, controls and combat overly simplistic, and progression is painfully uneven. Loot drops are excessively random even in full parties with very high MF and max valor stacks. The amount of grinding to progress the story is excessive. Which leads to the assumption that loot tables were adjusted to encourage the use of the real money auction house. Either it's poor game design or something nefarious the effect is the same. The story is too short and poorly explained. Acts 2 and 3 deserved far more exposition than they received and all act 4 needed was Fonzie on a surfboard. The game needed more story content, having a more robust story or better gameplay would have carried it through. Gameplay is too simple and the skills are.....lacking. Reducing a character to 6 skills and the interaction of the skills with enemies and the environments is very limiting. With the new way that health functioned there was great promise for complex combos and action elements that could have evolved the game. Instead they served to make it derivative almost like a flash game with Diablo branding. The ultimate problem with D3 is not it's always on connection nor it's changes to health or even the RMAH that it's design cues come from micro-transaction games. These are games of last resort disposable and only played when we don't have a computer, Game Boy, Vita, console, computer or emulator handy. Diablo 3 teaches us that play medium is important if D3 had debuted on a tablet would have been a fine game and the design changes would have made sense in the context of the devices limitations. Instead it left me with a short hollow and disappointing experience, Diablo 3 has the distinction of being only the second game I have ever regretted purchasing. If you are a fan of Diablo, if you are a fan of Dark Fantasy, if you are a fan of games don't buy Diablo 3. Expand
  36. Mar 1, 2013
    Diablo is a girl and Cain gets killed by a Power Rangers villain who uses butterfly magic. Boring items based around the same 3 stats. No build diversity at all. Auction house sucking the life out of the game as predicted. Terrible voice acting and dumb quests that you can't skip. Can't skip between acts. Only one act is viable for farming. Why would you even farm at all you into S&M orDiablo is a girl and Cain gets killed by a Power Rangers villain who uses butterfly magic. Boring items based around the same 3 stats. No build diversity at all. Auction house sucking the life out of the game as predicted. Terrible voice acting and dumb quests that you can't skip. Can't skip between acts. Only one act is viable for farming. Why would you even farm at all you into S&M or something? Even the games lead dev and head CM know the game is bad. They quit rather than try to fix it! LOL If you like torturing yourself and get off on watching the Diablo franchise fall dead at the feet of the corporations then buy this game. Expand
  37. Feb 27, 2013
    One of the best auction house simulators currently available.
    Though the whole thing is tied to a game, so only 4/10, without the game this simulator would have gotten 10/10 from me.
    The games outdated graphics, idiot-proof gameplay and no depth at all combined with a very very bad and short story sadly drag the simulation down. I wish that there was an auction-house-simulator as good
    One of the best auction house simulators currently available.
    I wish that there was an auction-house-simulator as good as this without an unnecesary game atached to it.
  38. Feb 27, 2013
    Changed my mind. I was one of the suckers defending this game, and the game itself is not so bad, except for one thing. Through "coincidence" I happened to stop the slider for one of their videos at around 10-13 seconds, and saw some guys sticking out their tongues at the camera and giving devil horns. Then a group of people standing behind the camera with trophies in their hands likeChanged my mind. I was one of the suckers defending this game, and the game itself is not so bad, except for one thing. Through "coincidence" I happened to stop the slider for one of their videos at around 10-13 seconds, and saw some guys sticking out their tongues at the camera and giving devil horns. Then a group of people standing behind the camera with trophies in their hands like laughing and glaring at the camera. If these guys want to play like this then they can go "screw" themselves. I hope these guys choke on their success. I'm boycotting their products, until this issue gets solved. The last thing we need is a group of bullies and jerks disrespecting their fans. Bye Blizzard. Have a nice fall. "Pricks." I would personally like to punch each one of these guys in the face now. Expand
  39. Feb 27, 2013
    Serious review, from a fanboy and from a regular person going back to it. I had waited forever for this game, and I loved it so much on the first play-through. The second play-through holes started to form in the story, game play got boring and repetitive. All of a sudden you had to use certain spells from the large list if you wanted to get anywhere, and the grind (especially in acts 3-4)Serious review, from a fanboy and from a regular person going back to it. I had waited forever for this game, and I loved it so much on the first play-through. The second play-through holes started to form in the story, game play got boring and repetitive. All of a sudden you had to use certain spells from the large list if you wanted to get anywhere, and the grind (especially in acts 3-4) made me want to bash my head against the keyboard.

The graphics are fantastic though if you can work past the garbage. Overall this game was highly disappointing, and after this I will never buy another Diablo.
  40. Zyp
    Feb 25, 2013
    This game had a rough start, no one can deny. Nearly 2000 of the negative reviews you see are from the first two frustrating weeks.

It's gotten better in nearly every regard since then, and Blizzard is dedicated still to improving. After the patches released I would say that well over half of the negative reviews Diablo 3 has received here are no longer relevant. It is a great game and deserving of a far higher score than what is reflected here.
  41. Feb 23, 2013
    With the announcement that the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 version of Diablo III will offer offline and LAN play, PC users are left with out the features they have asked for since launch. It's disrespectful to the customer.
  42. Feb 21, 2013
    Unfortunately Diablo 3 fails in every aspect except cinematics. you have to use auction house because after hours and hours of playing you cant even find anything good unless u re very lucky.wheres the thrill of item hunting like diablo 2? always crap items with useless stats.the game forces you to use auction house and after sometime it becomes gold grinding lets say something aboutUnfortunately Diablo 3 fails in every aspect except cinematics. you have to use auction house because after hours and hours of playing you cant even find anything good unless u re very lucky.wheres the thrill of item hunting like diablo 2? always crap items with useless stats.the game forces you to use auction house and after sometime it becomes gold grinding lets say something about gameplay, there is nothing you can manage or control in inferno mode.everthings choatic ,hit and run elite packs and then be one shotted for crap items.
    itemization and stats are really pain in a.. and about talents very shallow and you have to use certain builds for most effective results.
  43. Feb 21, 2013
    So they decided to release the console version finaly, well now we know that beta testing is over so you can enjoy it on console (with off line mode and local co-op) Without Error 37 and other things. This game was made for console and that is just like spiting on consumer face. Even before Diablo 3 release (with all those ui changes)people where speaking about but i never wanted toSo they decided to release the console version finaly, well now we know that beta testing is over so you can enjoy it on console (with off line mode and local co-op) Without Error 37 and other things. This game was made for console and that is just like spiting on consumer face. Even before Diablo 3 release (with all those ui changes)people where speaking about but i never wanted to believe, god damn greedy bastards. Expand
  44. Feb 20, 2013
    after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]]

after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]] after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]] after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]] after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]] after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win ]]

after lvl 60 its just mindless grinding or pay to win
  45. Feb 19, 2013
    Biggest disappointment in PC gaming world. Blizzard took the near-masterpiece of Diablo 2 and dumbed it down for the WoW generation that needs instant gratification in everything. The story is god awful, worse than the trash Hollywood puts out every day. The items system is terrible everyone wants the same main stat/ vit crit crit dmg on every item and there is no choice. The actualBiggest disappointment in PC gaming world. Blizzard took the near-masterpiece of Diablo 2 and dumbed it down for the WoW generation that needs instant gratification in everything. The story is god awful, worse than the trash Hollywood puts out every day. The items system is terrible everyone wants the same main stat/ vit crit crit dmg on every item and there is no choice. The actual amount of content is ABYSMALLY small (about 6-8 hours of gameplay) which is then replayed over and over in higher difficulties. Most classes run the same 2-3 builds because everything else sucks. Maps have almost 0 randomization, putting a huge dent in the replayability value that Diablo 2 and any good ARPG is known for. Game STILL doesn't have a full PvP system as of this writing, outside of gimmicky "brawling". Blizzard tried to dumb the game down and make money, but the players showed them that Diablo 3 is nothing but a polished turd, even after all of the patches to improve the game. For fans of good ARPGs like Diablo 2 I would highly recommend Path of Exile it reminds me of playing Diablo 2 for the first time. Expand
  46. Feb 16, 2013
    The problem with this game is that Blizzard didn't prepare enough for it. Lots of lag problems, bugs that don't allow you to play, always online DRM, laggy servers, bugs making items characters disappear forever, achievements getting bugged. Also the gameplay is not exempt from it too. Because they made some really dumb decisions on this game. Like for example Legendary Items are horribleThe problem with this game is that Blizzard didn't prepare enough for it. Lots of lag problems, bugs that don't allow you to play, always online DRM, laggy servers, bugs making items characters disappear forever, achievements getting bugged. Also the gameplay is not exempt from it too. Because they made some really dumb decisions on this game. Like for example Legendary Items are horrible when compared to Magic Items from Inferno. Lots of dumb design choices too, though some were really improvements to the game, it feels ilke they cut shortcuts on lots of aspects on the game. No Runewords useless common socketed items, action house destroying the game balance and progression, useless hirelings, etc It's just not a Diablo Sequel, and coupled with the horrible problems caused by their design choices leave me with the decision to never purchase another game from Blizzard again Expand
  47. Feb 13, 2013
    People love to HAte games, Diablo 3 is the natural successor of Diablo 2. The story is amazing, the game play improved a lot and patch after patch made awesome. Gameeplay changed from the intial one with the paragon levels introduction, soon other features will be released for free in this game that is simply amazing. As all the hack and slash games it can be ripetitive, but this is whatPeople love to HAte games, Diablo 3 is the natural successor of Diablo 2. The story is amazing, the game play improved a lot and patch after patch made awesome. Gameeplay changed from the intial one with the paragon levels introduction, soon other features will be released for free in this game that is simply amazing. As all the hack and slash games it can be ripetitive, but this is what an hack and slash is, a farming game, you will be required to farm your items or you will need to buy them from other players on the auction house. Expand
  48. Feb 12, 2013
    If I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel thatIf I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel that randomized to me as well, it did feel like I was playing the same game all three times I played it. The point of these games is the loot and what you can do with it. Blizzard nailed that IMO. Expand
  49. Feb 12, 2013
    The Visuals and Combat Mechanics of the game are AAA quality, but that is where Blizzards stamp ends. I just really dislike the skill system. Because your spell damage relies on your weapons DPS, your weapon essentially defines you character, making spell choices secondary. There is something seriously wrong with designing a Diablo game this way. The Item system is even worse. ThisThe Visuals and Combat Mechanics of the game are AAA quality, but that is where Blizzards stamp ends. I just really dislike the skill system. Because your spell damage relies on your weapons DPS, your weapon essentially defines you character, making spell choices secondary. There is something seriously wrong with designing a Diablo game this way. The Item system is even worse. This game comes up several yards short to ever deserving a Diablo name. Until Blizzard fixes the cores problems (Items, Skills, Customization of Characters, stat points/skill points) This game is going to super nova and create a massive black hole within Blizzard. All the hype and anticipation built around this game was undeserving. Ultimately I am very disappointed with the influence of the RMAH and the failed design principles of the game. Blizzard needs to take half of that 12 Million copies sold money, and throw it at the old Blizz North team, and beg for them to fix this fail stain on the franchise. Expand
  50. Feb 10, 2013
    All I can say is that I own the game since it hit the shelves and I still play it from time to time (thanks to that 1-year deal I made, having trust in blizzard, which I will obviously not have in the future).

I will give this game the 4 points just because the artwork and sound really are AAA, nothing to complain about here. The game looks fabulous, although it has some performance issues and there were some nasty bugs, everything is fine from a technical and design viewpoint.

What the game lacks and what many players will confirm is:

A reason to keep playing it.

I have read most of the reviews (positive and negative) on here (and on other places). While the game has *some* positive aspects, almost all the negative critic you can read HERE are true to some degree, so I won't repeat them.

Don't read the battle.net forums. There are many trolls that are willing (for whatever reason) to defend the game and blizzard as if their life would depend on it, while the majority of people just want to say how scammed they feel when they got what they desired after the long(short?) development phase blizzard must have went through when they decided to make the game we all want.. and then decided again and then they re-decided to ..then they decided players should not make decisions... etc.

If you're curious, look up the reactions of the "fans" when jay wilson pronounced he'll leave the party.

Bottom line:

There are other games that really are what they should be, what Diablo (Diablorina?) once was.
  51. Feb 7, 2013
    This game failed to improve on Diablo 2. The game has way too many changes from its predecessor. In addition, D3 lacks an end game as the Auction house renders the item hunt short lived. Also, the content (Acts only 4) are quite short and after you complete the game on normal (only option at first) that is all the content and sanctuary completed. So basically Diablo 3 is rinse and repeatThis game failed to improve on Diablo 2. The game has way too many changes from its predecessor. In addition, D3 lacks an end game as the Auction house renders the item hunt short lived. Also, the content (Acts only 4) are quite short and after you complete the game on normal (only option at first) that is all the content and sanctuary completed. So basically Diablo 3 is rinse and repeat in terms of content. Other issues include a very poor non competitive dueling system played on only 1 small map/arena. In conclusion this is a game that failed in terms of content and providing suitable end game options e.g. pvp/ custom games/map editor not existing. Expand
  52. Feb 5, 2013
    I'm sure people are woundering why so many hate this game or simply why the critics say its so great. Yet almost every gamer is against it, now I'm a fan of the first two diablos, especially the second diablo. Whats happened in diablo three is that blizzard tried to take the series in a new direction. Which is what the second diablo did, but kept with what made diablo one so great and thatI'm sure people are woundering why so many hate this game or simply why the critics say its so great. Yet almost every gamer is against it, now I'm a fan of the first two diablos, especially the second diablo. Whats happened in diablo three is that blizzard tried to take the series in a new direction. Which is what the second diablo did, but kept with what made diablo one so great and that was the ablity to put skill points into verying skill trees which would change how the game played out. How diablo three does it is by using a system like WoW in which most skills and attributes are gained as one levels. So basically to make the game harder and in their minds to create more replay value. Which the only thing it really does is make people either farm for a certain point in the game in which their character gets one shoted at the very beginning of the level. Or to try and play through another few times to see what other loot comes with a higher difficulty. Which leads into the other issue diablo 3 has, its difficulty sittings are for force play. Just like the characters blizzard is trying to make it have more replay value but it doesn't pan out. If you've played the first two games you can plainly see through the story and basically know the ending by the end of the first level. For anyone else who is just now joining the series you probably won't get it until later on. Over all the game in itself is good, the art work that blizzard is known for shines and the game play is good. But it isn't a diablo game. If anything it should have been marketed as a different game since the only real connection between this game and its predecessor is the cookie cuter story. If they had changed the name and created a whole new series then I'd give it a 8 out of 10. But since its supposed to be diablo and the soul of it has been changed so that collections of new players can enjoy it more. It gets a 5 out of 10 Expand
  53. Jan 30, 2013
    Diablo 3. This game is nothing more than a case study showing how putrid some commercialized AAA sequels have become within the game industry. The sequel to Diablo II you see here today is a game made without respect to the franchise on which it was based. I can`t believe how stupid Blizzard was in forgetting all the hard learned lessons of Diablo 2. That game had almost a decade to beDiablo 3. This game is nothing more than a case study showing how putrid some commercialized AAA sequels have become within the game industry. The sequel to Diablo II you see here today is a game made without respect to the franchise on which it was based. I can`t believe how stupid Blizzard was in forgetting all the hard learned lessons of Diablo 2. That game had almost a decade to be brewed to perfection, then they tossed out the batch tore up the recipe and decided that making D3 from scratch was the best way to move forward. Boy what a mistake that was.

What makes Diablo 3 so bad? It is worse than its predecessor in almost every category. Leveling is thoughtless and one-dimensional, skills are drip-fed to you pre-determined and there no way to spec stats. The class-specific resource pools which replaced mana largely failed to alter gameplay and probably diluted it further. The 6 skill limit feels very artificial and constrictive, especially when you are given skills with 60 sec cooldowns. The 4 player limit per game is laughably behind the times (Diablo 1 anyone?) and completely fails to make Diablo 3 a game with serious online presence. It's fine and dandy they thought 4 players was the max action the screen could handle, but where are the 20+ player trade games? Where are the pvp arena's we were promised? Where are these communal points of interest where people can show off gear, trade, duel and chat as any proper online rpg should have? Where are the endless dungeons? There was a total lack of vision in the online and multiplayer department, Diablo 3 had so much potential! I could go on...the linear itemization system of D3 is far outclassed by the multi-dimensional item library of its Diablo 2. No +skills, set items, mana stat, procs on hit, runewords, socketing quests or horadric cube - D3's items are a desert where only main stat, DPS and vitality exist.

Don't get me wrong. The gameplay is tight and fun while the pastel graphics grow on you eventually. Hopping in and out of games with friends is brisk, but falls short in not allowing you to swap between acts or browse and join games according to your needs. But the flaws outweigh the good stuff by a large margin. And you know what Blizzard did with Diablo 3's inherent design flaws? They doubled it. The last act is just terrible and was obviously made in a huge rush. Then they created the RMAH which destroyed the game before it even had a chance to prove itself. Creating a real money economy and establishing pay-to-win incentives as the only way to beat the games core design (cough; inferno) was a terrible mistake. Letting people buy character power with money was the ultimate cause of D3's downfall - it destroyed trading and turned D3 into an online market simulator. If Blizzard wanted to sell items that bad, they should have sold cosmetic items like wings, dyes, pets, trophies, wings or whatever just like they do in WoW. Then the story - a complete steaming pile of fresh doodoo that trampled upon the awesomeness that was Diablo 2. Chris Metzen single handedly destroyed all premise of the dark and cool which D1 and D2 embodied. For the whole game your "hero" plays second fiddle as you follow a teenage girls brazen whims while the world around you is coming to an end. As an additional slap to the face of fans they turned Diablo himself from a devil who thunders "not even death can save you from me" into a incessantly annoying b!tch who teases you with amateur punch-lines. All the other bosses act the same. Oh and to top it all off the cow level was removed and replaced with a fairyland containing rainbows and skipping unicorns. All this in the world of Diablo - it's embarrassing. This all feels like a real-life horror story. A dark, amazing game franchise cherished by millions has been horridly warped into a teenage chasing, unicorn jumping travesty of its former self. Make no mistake, D3 is a modern failure among AAA games. Nobody would have thought it would come from a company like Blizzard, but it did. Jay Wilson leaving the project offer only a modicum of hope - this game needs 3 expansions and at least 5 years of development before it has any chance of healing its flaws. Blizzard didn't sell 10 million copies of Diablo 3, they sold 10 million copies of the sequel to Diablo 2. I have never seen a franchise so decimated by poor development and handicapped decision-making. RIP Diablo, you will be sorely missed.
  54. Jan 29, 2013
    Huge fan of Diablo and Diablo 2. Spent HOURS and HOURS on Battle.net playing DII..

Played about 60 hours of Diablo III and it has collected dust ever since. Gameplay is good, graphics are great - always online killed it for me. They basically ruined a great franchise - and made us wait 10+ years for a piece of junk like this
  55. Jan 27, 2013
    Diablo II set a benchmark and showed us exactly what good games that are still awesome more than a decade afterwards look like. Diablo III isn't even in the same league and will not last 5 years let alone a decade. Diablo II had it all - some improvements were needed - but that was it. Blizzard simply catered to their sheep fans - any criticism of the game - including constructive - isDiablo II set a benchmark and showed us exactly what good games that are still awesome more than a decade afterwards look like. Diablo III isn't even in the same league and will not last 5 years let alone a decade. Diablo II had it all - some improvements were needed - but that was it. Blizzard simply catered to their sheep fans - any criticism of the game - including constructive - is instantly drowned out with insults and dismissals from fanboi's on the forums - and when some complain that they cannot access the game - these fans tell them that "Blizzard do not have an obligation to allow you access to the game read the terms". (The community is part of the package of a game like this - hence why it is in the review)

Because of this - Diablo III became a game where:

Looting is pointless - Everything can be easily purchased in the Auction house and the in game drops are pathetic - if anything you are purely looting for gold. But you may be thinking looting for gold and then buying everything you want is OK? Nope because you can also buy these items with real money.... removing any looting element from the game.

Gear is the only thing that separates different players - Characters all have the same skills. The skill "tree" does not require choice - you simply unlock different skills at certain levels. The only thing you can do is change the effect of the skills you have - but everyone has these effects so it is again pointless.

Difficulty modes - The first three modes range from very easy to easy. Then you go into Inferno - this does provide a challenge - however you will have several encounters with groups of elites that move faster than you, can attack ranged, kill you in one maybe two hits, spawn clones and take little damage. The normal mobs and hordes difficulty on inferno however is good - a challenge but you get a fair chance.

No gameplay incentive - In Diablo II - there were runes, epic gear and secret super bosses - not to mention the very fun group gameplay. In Diablo III there is no Incentive - other than just playing so once you have completed it you see no more point in playing the game - Unless you simply wanna see what all the different classes are like in all difficulty modes....

Online only - This was a stupid thing to do, caused huge problems (still does) and does the developer no favours. Hint: Do not put online only access on a game that should have had single player.

Current fans of the game complain about the those who loved the Diablo series being unhappy. THE GAME WAS A SEQUEL TO DIABLO II !!! - and so Diablo II fans were expecting something at least similar to to the game Diablo III was supposed to be continuing.

The game has some good points - its soundtrack is very good as are the graphics. Fighting hordes in Hell and inferno modes can be entertaining and some of the skill effects are good. However even the story and Lore - another core component of Diablo - is poor. The game doesn't have that dark edge to it that Diablo II had.

If you are looking for a game similar to Diablo II there are (ironically) much better alternatives out there at less than half the price. If however you are looking for a game that is less advanced and more graphically focused - then you may enjoy this game but watch out for the bugs and not being able to access the game on some occasions...
  56. Jan 26, 2013
    Unfortunately, I was unable to fully enjoy Diablo III due to the server side errors. Poor administration aside, the gameplay was incredibly dumbed down -- to WoW levels. No longer can you customize your character's attributes! It's all about GEAR now. Any two members of the same class and level are now 100% identical. Sure, they can change their talents, but you can do that at any time.Unfortunately, I was unable to fully enjoy Diablo III due to the server side errors. Poor administration aside, the gameplay was incredibly dumbed down -- to WoW levels. No longer can you customize your character's attributes! It's all about GEAR now. Any two members of the same class and level are now 100% identical. Sure, they can change their talents, but you can do that at any time. The only separating faction is gear. Blizzard clearly did this to support their real-money auction house. The always-on connection is also very upsetting if you're looking for a single player game. Overall, I'd stay away. It's much closer to WoW than to Diablo II. Expand
  57. Xon
    Jan 25, 2013
    IGNORE THE HATERS

There is much to enjoy and admire in this game, if this is your cup of tea. personally, I've spent countless hours replaying the game with different characters. I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun,
    IGNORE THE HATERS

I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun, perhaps you will too.
  58. Jan 25, 2013
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played!

Innovative skill systems, which let's you adept your way of playing and strategy according to current difficulty and equipment. You can have a challenge on high mp or just be godlike on low mp, just the way you want for your current game session. Polished gameplay. things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played!

Polished gameplay.

things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization for the equipment dyes for sets/legendary more legendary/sets.
    - more levels - there are still some bugs, which are frustrating e.g. monk dashing strike bug

Why 10 and not 9 or 8 even so not everything is perfect?!

Blizzard is constantly improving the game!
    if you played it since release (as I did) you would realize immediately, that this company is keen to satisfy the community!

I understand that some players were frustrated at the beginning because of server problems, but rating a game 0 or 1 because of that is just hilarious.

And yes the game is repetitive in terms of location and enemies If you are not willing to play the same locations over and over again, i wouldn't recommend this game for you!

You can also be sure, they will not transform d3 in d2(part2), what a lot of people here seems to want - but some people like me, are really glad they will never do...
  59. Jan 24, 2013
    Diablo 3 was my first Diablo. I'm not going to compare it to Diablo 2. D3 is a fun hack and slash game. However, you have to play through the campaign 3 times just to get to inferno difficulty. This is PER character! This can be extremely frustrating, when you want to test out different characters. And when you do get to level 60, there is almost no build diversity. Inferno is just simpleDiablo 3 was my first Diablo. I'm not going to compare it to Diablo 2. D3 is a fun hack and slash game. However, you have to play through the campaign 3 times just to get to inferno difficulty. This is PER character! This can be extremely frustrating, when you want to test out different characters. And when you do get to level 60, there is almost no build diversity. Inferno is just simple to strong for the averaged geared players to switch up their skills and try to have fun. The endgame is farming, which I have no problem with, and neither should you. However, the drops are simple terrible, and all Blizzard has done is gone and 'Doubled' pretty much everything! I'm going to stop here and let you form your own opinion, but this is a pretty average game. Diablo 3 will get better the as more patches come out. I'm going to give it a 6/10 because it offers massive replay ability. I got well over 400 hours before it started to feel repetitive. If you want to get Diablo 3 all I can recommend is to stay away from the RMAH. Expand
  60. Jan 24, 2013
    I'm writing this review just now, I bought it with high expectations the same day it has been released and I was and I am still disappointed. Lot of features missing (PvP ofc), game is too short, no interactions with npc, no interactions in cooperative mode, repetitive, too much repetitive (and after hours and hours of farming, not even good items). Really happy Wilson left Diablo3, heI'm writing this review just now, I bought it with high expectations the same day it has been released and I was and I am still disappointed. Lot of features missing (PvP ofc), game is too short, no interactions with npc, no interactions in cooperative mode, repetitive, too much repetitive (and after hours and hours of farming, not even good items). Really happy Wilson left Diablo3, he failed everything. Just saying, I bought TorchLight2 for play with friends and yes, it's chaotic, in cooperative mode you do not understand what's going on on the screen but it's still more enjoyable than Diablo3. Expand
  61. Jan 21, 2013
    I am not sure why there are so many bad reviews. I must agree the stroyline is a bit boring, however the game itself is well made. I like the fact that, there are not too many spells and items, because I personally don't like it when there is an overwhelming amount of spells and items , that you get lost in what is what. I would agree it doesn't beat Diablo 2, but its not that bad to giveI am not sure why there are so many bad reviews. I must agree the stroyline is a bit boring, however the game itself is well made. I like the fact that, there are not too many spells and items, because I personally don't like it when there is an overwhelming amount of spells and items , that you get lost in what is what. I would agree it doesn't beat Diablo 2, but its not that bad to give this game a 0. The graphic standards are up there, the quality is also not too bad, the view from the top has been enhanced. The storyline and more levels could have defenitly helped! Expand
  62. Jan 21, 2013
    Real Money Action House ruined Diablo 3. That simple! Blizzard's greed for money transformed a supposed to be fun, challenging grind game, to a mega nerd / rich kid pay2win game. Not to mention the absence of the promised PVP ...
  63. Jan 20, 2013
    Good game. You can play for about 15-30minutes and go away, and then return. It doesn't need to stare at your PC for hours and hours. Good mechanisms.
    Background could be more gothic.
    It doesn't feel like a full game, but like a beta. It's just good, I thought that a this Blizzard game would be awesome.
  64. Jan 20, 2013
    so the game director is fired... (jay gayson) good news. i laughin so hard to the position they are in. this game born with a malfunction. it is almost dead by now.

where to begin? everything, every decision, every **** step they have made is a mistake about that game. jay "**** diablo killer" wilson got fired and you cant answer his post twice. your answer gets deleted immediately by mods. i mean what the **** it has been said million **** times whats wrong with the game. even now even after rob **** promo said "please make some **** constructive critism" they keep ignore playerbase. drown in your own **** dickheads
  65. Jan 20, 2013
    It has had a terrible launch, no PvP, broken balance, fairly short campaign, mediocre storyline (some enemies have ridiculous combination of powers, like super speed, invisibility, teleportation and high damage attacks and there's completely useless skills in later difficulties), and I'm not even taking into account the *always online* requirement DRM, and modding not being allowed for it.It has had a terrible launch, no PvP, broken balance, fairly short campaign, mediocre storyline (some enemies have ridiculous combination of powers, like super speed, invisibility, teleportation and high damage attacks and there's completely useless skills in later difficulties), and I'm not even taking into account the *always online* requirement DRM, and modding not being allowed for it. One of the things that kept diablo 2 alive is being outright banned? To hell with this franchise. Its obvious Blizzard cares more about WoW. I'm going to find a better hack n slash game. Path of Exile is coming out soon. Expand
  66. Jan 17, 2013
    Hum, where to begin. Well, I guess the only real thing that ia appealing in this game is the graphics, which are excellent. But with that said, it is all down hill.

1. The always being connected on line things really sucks given the fact that the servers are often down for hours at a time which seem to be a common occurrence. I say "which seems to be" because I stopped playing a few weeks after it launched but still follow the forums. In any case, I don't like this trend anyways, especially when it effect the single player component which is central to diablo games as a whole. In fact this requirement is just plain silly when it comes to single player type games.

2. The pay to really play things is just horrible, especially when this game was not billed to be that sort of thing. I can never remember this being advertised. I'll tell you this much, if I had known it was going to be this, I wouldn't had bought it. The fact is I was deceived, and because of it, I won't be buying anymore of their games.

3. The newly announced pvp is going to get no love from blizzard. They, through their forums has stated such. They say it is more or less just a add on and don't really intend to do anything substantial with it. This of course leaves the game with no replay value whatsoever.

4. No build variety, enough said.

5. You can't find good loot unless you spend years grinding for it. This of course plays right into their hand, forcing you to buy from their action house because we all don't have years upon years to do this.

6. The game is not streamlined enough to even allow for proper grinding anyways, which is to say, you must play through the story over and over again, instead of just being able to jump from warp to warp point. This however is kind of a mute point considering you can't find good loot anyways.

With that said, I think I will wrap it up here. I do have one parting thought would like to share, and that is this game still has a lot of potential. That is if they would stop being so money grubbing and just created the game the way they should have from the start. Right now though it lacks so much, and in retrospect, because it does, I feel as if I have been totally ripped off. I paid 60 bucks and got nothing in return, which is what you are going to get if you buy this game. Buyer beware until the fix this game, and I really mean that.
  67. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing but a mediocre game. Blizzard really screwed us all with this game. The first two were awesome, but this is NOT Diablo. First of all, no single player. You need an internet connection to play, meaning when Blizzard put the servers down for maintenance, you can't play. The story of the game is poor and the horrific mood doesn't exist at all. The Butcher of Act I made me laugh rather than having me thinking "Holy **** I'm as good as dead". BAD GAME, DON'T BUY IT! Expand
  68. Jan 16, 2013
    Best game ever made. Simply the best, always so fun and fresh, with friends the best. Kill everything one shoot, dps the best. Haters es no like game because they no demon hunter 300 K dps. I spent 300 euro for gear the best and now I kill diablo 2 times in one time.

Blizzard es never fail, every game the best, I unlog from demon hunter dps and I log in mage on wow and kill panda dps the best. And if I bored kill the panda I login starcraft, buy ultralisk or Thor and destroy enemy every time very fast. ALWAYS.
  69. Jan 15, 2013
    I remember when Diablo 2 had just launched. It was at first sight, like Diablo 3, a great game, but after a while, people found the small chest space, the weak items and un-challenging monsters boring. Then the expansion came and a lot of new content were added. People were really fond of these changes.

I think the same is happening in Diablo 3. It was a broken game when it launched, I agree on that part. But later, with the recent added features; like the 100 extra levels, the increased chance of finding better loot and the overall commitment from Blizzard to smoothen character balance. Diablo 3 has like Diablo 2 a strong foundation to develop and that is happening as we speak.

I admit that some features should have been left out of Diablo 3, like the Real-Money-Auction House, which smells a lot like a money machine to me. When dueling becomes a feature, people doesn't want to duel against crazily geared players who used tons of money from the RMAH, understandable, but I remember the "forum gold" feature in Diablo 2, where the exact same thing happened. People used it as a valuta for gold which had absolutely no value in Diablo 2. The problem began when people bought forum gold for real money to buy better gear, but I guess at that point, Diablo 2 needed something more.

Diablo 3 is a great game. I've experienced tons of randomized events and I still find myself hurling into adventure when exploring a mysterious cave or collecting special objects to open a portal to a rainbow-world, the new secret level in Diablo 3. I think a lot has yet to come for Diablo 3, and hopefully, people will see that.
  70. Jan 13, 2013
    Blizzard spent a decade on this game (not the team that made D1&D2--those guys left ActivisionBlizzard and made Torchlight 1&2) but you'd never know. It seems more like they spent a year or less making a free-to-play that costs $60 and has an in game cash shop. Here are the problems: 1) You must ALWAYS be connected to the Internet, even to play single player. 2) You DO NOT GET ANY skillBlizzard spent a decade on this game (not the team that made D1&D2--those guys left ActivisionBlizzard and made Torchlight 1&2) but you'd never know. It seems more like they spent a year or less making a free-to-play that costs $60 and has an in game cash shop. Here are the problems: 1) You must ALWAYS be connected to the Internet, even to play single player. 2) You DO NOT GET ANY skill points or attribute points - stats and skills auto level/unlock when you hit a certain levels...which means all your stats and skills are determined by your gear, which, if you want something good, you need to spend real life $ at the cash shop...which is always available because you have to always be online to play. 3) The story is crap and predictable. 4) Graphics aren't a huge issue for me but D3 graphics are silly and nothing like what the dark, Gothic fantasy series should look like. 5) No replayability. Every level 20 monk will be the same, except for what skills and attributes are modified by the gear that they're using. Gear is the only way to increase your stats. No attribute points to distribute when you gain a level, remember? 6) The game is 8 hours long. Really? After all those years in development? 7) And finally, on perhaps a lesser note, the music. Not written by the original guy. And it shows. Expand
  71. Jan 12, 2013
    This game is repetitive, not rewarding, and just centered around the RMAH. Also all the characters look the same and if you want to be any good you are forced to use certain equip and certain skills, another thing that contributes to destroy the fun.
  72. Jan 12, 2013
    Diablo one was the best game of them all, The unlimited magic system, the skill trees in 2 were a great improvement, but the levels were boring, Now comes 3 made by Jay **** you Wilson, Hardly 200 people play this game anymore. So i guess **** you Jay, you failed. No one cares about this and it's called the worst in the set, i'd rather play the first game than this one, Everything has beenDiablo one was the best game of them all, The unlimited magic system, the skill trees in 2 were a great improvement, but the levels were boring, Now comes 3 made by Jay **** you Wilson, Hardly 200 people play this game anymore. So i guess **** you Jay, you failed. No one cares about this and it's called the worst in the set, i'd rather play the first game than this one, Everything has been dumbed down. Expand
  73. Jan 11, 2013
    Very very disappointing; many steps back from the original games D1 and D2. PvP promised, not delivered probably due to the financial gains calculated by the company who made this game. People have been writing on the forums of this game (offering solutions to the already existing problems) for months, collect them all and you get a 12-volume encyclopedia; the designers did NOTHING. ReallyVery very disappointing; many steps back from the original games D1 and D2. PvP promised, not delivered probably due to the financial gains calculated by the company who made this game. People have been writing on the forums of this game (offering solutions to the already existing problems) for months, collect them all and you get a 12-volume encyclopedia; the designers did NOTHING. Really unbelievable and unexpected from a company of this caliber. I used to buy their products (even now disgusts me to mention the company's name) without thinking twice in the past, now I do not think I will ever buy anything from them. It is just sad. Even the worst of worst games get improvements in their next releases. After all these months I am still surprised how could they make this game they call Diablo III. Expand
  74. Jan 11, 2013
    Diablo 3 is ok but it is nothing compared to the past Diablo games. There are also other games like torch light 2 which are better and cheaper. Diablo 3 is just a waste of money, the only thing you will be getting is disappointment.
  75. Jan 8, 2013
    In a nutshell its waste of money. Oversimplified development system, screwed up "map builder" (which is actually not "builder" but just "placer" random event and mobs on predefined maps), extremely repetitive gameplay. Looks like a total joke for me.
  76. Jan 7, 2013
    An always online, yet somehow depressingly solitary misadventure of an ARPG with weak incentives for any gamer save the most casual of players.
    Without going into too much detail, I will just list what I feel are the two largest problems with the game:

- A primitive, dated, and pitiful MMO style chat window and random public game finder designed as a substitute for nameable lobbies and a completely customizable public game search engine (both features available upon release in the game's predecessor over a decade ago).

- Drop rates tuned for play in conjunction with an auction house. Put another way: the AH/droprate combo denies players the satisfaction of finding their own gear and thus lowers the incentive to play-to-improve while raising the incentive to pay-to-improve. It's more fun, fair, and addictive to find items (even lower level items of legendary/set/unique quality) at a higher rate than it is to supplement your gaming experience and sense of character development with somebody else's via an Auction House. The "they find an item you want, you find an item they want and the AH is the mediator" argument is valid only because of the volume of players D III currently has. If the game experienced a sharp decrease in players, the AH would experience a sharp drop in items posted, and players would be left with a game where it is near impossible to gear their characters to the standard they expect or deserve for their time investment.

Unless they scrap the AH, overhaul the entire loot system, and re-tune legendary/set droprates to more rewarding levels, then any future updates or expansions will amount to nothing more than polish on a turd.
  77. Jan 6, 2013
    I thought it was pretty good. Character creation needed to be a bit more robust if you were going to keep playing it after the endgame, but I've spent more money on games that were a lot shorter and not as much fun.
  78. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is one of the perfect examples of proof that "professional" reviews often get paid for high reviews. The consumers who actually buy the game have spoken. Broken balance, horrible story, pay2win, lack of hyped features such as PvP, online DRM causing constant offline servers, terrible lag...I really could go on but you have thousands of ratings that are list them all.
  79. Jan 4, 2013
    I will not write that this Game is all Bad, it gave me 80-100 hours of fun, then i was 60 and the next 150h i never found something thats either worth something (more then 4 mill) or that i could wear myself in the endgame (except of 1 ring that wasnt that good as i thought)

The AuctionHouse and the very bad drops (too random) are the reason this Game is bad, i always tried to see the good aspects in Diablo3 (my friends quit much earlier then me) but after 300 hours i realized it just make no sense to play this Game after getting 60...the Paragon level give you nothing, the Hellfire Ring is always crappy...the drops are 99,999999% trash...and the Auction House kills everything D3 should be...dont play this game its waste of time
  80. Jan 3, 2013
    Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me...Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me... people here should realize that giving scores like that basically makes the user score on this website look completely unreliable -- even if you think D2+LoD was better, there's no way that D3 is a 3.8. Expand
  81. Jan 3, 2013
    I bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not thatI bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not that enjoyable and to be honest, they just missed the boat. The game is not worth your money, skip it. Expand
  82. Jan 3, 2013
    I couldn't spend more than just a few hours in this game. I found the storyline ok though - not the best, but not the worst. But the gameplay is boring - if you change the characters for small spaceships, you'll have a decent old school space shooter, but for a so-called adventure rpg? I feel regret of having purchased it.
  83. Jan 2, 2013
    -4 because of such a heavy reliance on an auction house and real money auction house. I have to fill 45 remaining characters. I have to fill nine rema
  84. Jan 2, 2013
    This has been by far the most disappointing game ever. 1- It did not cure cancer.
    2- Does nothing to help against the hunger problem.
    3- I have no idea how is the game supposed to help against global warming.

All in all, a bunch of broken promises.
  85. Jan 2, 2013
    As a long time fan of the diablo franchise I expected a LOT more from this game. It is, by and far, a complete bastardization of everything a diablo game should have been. Couple that with the fact that the dev team can't seem to dig their heads out of their behinds and fix the problems in an orderly manner, and that they have promised features which they have now entirely scrapped andAs a long time fan of the diablo franchise I expected a LOT more from this game. It is, by and far, a complete bastardization of everything a diablo game should have been. Couple that with the fact that the dev team can't seem to dig their heads out of their behinds and fix the problems in an orderly manner, and that they have promised features which they have now entirely scrapped and have no plans of including. Well, you get the feeling that this was a blatant cash grab on the part of blizzard and they flat out lied to their customer base. That doesn't even take into account the horrible "always connected" drm which has lead to nothing but problems, the blatant lack of testing their product on implicitly supported hardware before launch, the terrible bugs caused by awful coding practices, the completely broken loot system in a loot driven game, a laughable implementation of character customization, the almost completely static "random maps", and to top it all off - the entire game is based around the premise of bleeding the player base for even more money through "micro-transactions" which result in anything but a micro amount. This game is a kick in the teeth to anyone with any rpg gaming background. Avoid it like the plague... Expand
  86. Jan 2, 2013
    It would be hard to give this game more than 2/10 back in May 2012, when it was released. The developers worked out most of the bugs and connection problems, unfortunately not all of them.
    The game itself is pretty good, but there are so many problems connected to it that it becomes a rather nerve wracking experience rather than an enjoyable game.
    First of all, you need to be connected
    First of all, you need to be connected to battle.net at all times. A single disconnection caused by overloaded servers during the weekend can lead to losing your hardcore character without any chance to see it again. Another problem is the horrible economy in this game, which is mostly dominated by automatic bots selling gold. And if these huge issues weren't enough, we can take a look at the loot design. The drop rates for good items are so incredibly low that you shouldn't be surprised if you don't find any top-end item even after 500 hours played. After all, if everyone could get the top items eventually, no one would be using the auction house and Blizzard wouldn't make profit. The game currently doesn't even have PvP, which was promised to players shortly after release and it's heavily overdue.
    The actual gameplay is enjoyable for a limited amount of time. If you're into grinding games, you might enjoy D3. For me, this game is not worth its price. I've been waiting patiently for developers to repent themselves after the release fiasco, but to no avail. It's a half-finished game for full price with continuous development slower than I thought is possible.
  87. Dec 31, 2012
    Obligatory 0 for online-only DRM. An unforgivable offence. There might be something worth playing under the DRM, but I'd have to pirate it to find out.
  88. Dec 31, 2012
    This game just isn't good. I was hoping for the best, but I got the worst. They took casual to a whole new level. It took a good 3 hours to die my first time, whereas the previous Diablo games would truly challenge you killing you within 10 minutes if you're not good at it.
  89. Dec 31, 2012
    First of all: game is empty. There is nothing except iterative game passing. The first one will let you .. well, just play the game on a difficulty level different from normal. After that prepare for a long, very, very, damn VERY long grinding while you reach max level. This game is not: frightening, atmospheric, interesting, re-playable, fascinating or even memorable. If you are lookingFirst of all: game is empty. There is nothing except iterative game passing. The first one will let you .. well, just play the game on a difficulty level different from normal. After that prepare for a long, very, very, damn VERY long grinding while you reach max level. This game is not: frightening, atmospheric, interesting, re-playable, fascinating or even memorable. If you are looking for a real diablo spirit, play the first one. Plot? Quests? hi-level content? Pvp? Sorry, guys, you'll have to pay it when next DLC arrive. What can I say? No. Just that simple. Rest in peace, Blizzard the masterpiece-maker. Now it's all about money and trash and soap. in short: yo dawg i heard you like grind so we put a grind in your grind so you can grind while you grind. Expand
  90. Dec 31, 2012
    Terrible game, their are many good asepcts of diablo 3, but ultimately it becomes boring. The skill and character customization was amazing, it encouraged lot's of experimentation, and allowed players to tailor each skill to their preferences. however, the good things end there. I don't even know where to start; boring, short story that they force you to repeat 4 times, lack of characterTerrible game, their are many good asepcts of diablo 3, but ultimately it becomes boring. The skill and character customization was amazing, it encouraged lot's of experimentation, and allowed players to tailor each skill to their preferences. however, the good things end there. I don't even know where to start; boring, short story that they force you to repeat 4 times, lack of character customization, and overall grindfest made this game a failure Expand
  91. Dec 30, 2012
    As a long-time Blizzard fan I am dismayed, disappointed and ultimately shocked that Blizzard could betray its entire long-standing Diablo fanbase. The game is an absolute disgrace and anyone who says otherwise is desperate and is living in denial.

After completing the game with one character you will feel let-down and not bothered to ever touch this game again. Disgrace.
  92. Dec 30, 2012
    If you're a fan of gritty world like Diablo 1 or Diablo II with LOD expansion pack do not waste your money on this piece of junk. Blizzard really screwed the pooch with this game release they are all about money and nothing else, just like John Carmack is now. Where do I start? First of all the game is dependent on auction house because drops are such crap 90% of times they are laughableIf you're a fan of gritty world like Diablo 1 or Diablo II with LOD expansion pack do not waste your money on this piece of junk. Blizzard really screwed the pooch with this game release they are all about money and nothing else, just like John Carmack is now. Where do I start? First of all the game is dependent on auction house because drops are such crap 90% of times they are laughable that's why most people shop in an auction house for items. With auction house comes no modding the game, always online etc which ruins the game even more. The story line is boring and bland compared to Diablo and Diablo II it is completely laughable. Next you are pretty much FORCED to buy the stupid authenticator because hackers have direct connection to Blizzard servers and steal 90% of peoples items from their characters and sell them off on AH (AKA Chinese gold farmers). The game has no PK it applies to care bears and so far it has no PVP either which it should of shipped with right from beginning, it plays like an arcade game instead of an ARPG (action role playing game) like Diablo 1 and 2 did. You will see most people run through maps and completely ignore everything just to rush to inferno difficulty and once they're there they complain about constantly dying. The chat room is completely pathetic, there are no avatars to see in chat and the chat is almost non existent too. To top it all off you will get E-mail from gold sellers every day trying to sell you their services, Blizzard will never have time to ban all of these Chinese gold sellers that just laugh in their faces. If you want a fun game (not for superb dark graphics) that has fun game play and an average story line do your self a favor and skip this piece of junk that isn't worth more than $15. Go buy Torchlight 2 or wait for Path of Exile to go into open beta I assure you, you will have far more fun with both of these games. More reasons not to buy Diablo 3: No rune words, gems are lame and too expensive to make and buy, always online required, art direction of bosses such as The Butcher or Magda is complete crap one of the characters in the game is disposed of in such a pathetic way that it wants to make me cry they are killed by BUTTERFLIES colorful pretty BUTTERFLIES!!!! NO COW LEVEL instead you get some stupid Whimsy shire crap with colorful PONIES and RAINBOWS this is not hello kitty game WTF! Last but not least of reasons not to buy Diablo 3 is Jay Wilsons words towards David Brevik: **** that loser". Save your money and time buy a great game instead, Diablo 3 isn't worth more than $15 it is fun at first but then the fun dies after pretty much first few play throughs I played Diablo 2 for many years and never got bored heck I still go back to it sometimes! Bottom line is this game is pretty damn bad as in it pretty much sucks! Expand
  93. Dec 29, 2012
    The barbarian merchant in Act 3 has told every player the truth: not enough profit, too much pain!

First, Diablo series is definitely loot-hunting games. The fun of playing Diablo games comes from a loop: to hunt greater loots ---> the loots make the heroes the players control become more powerful ---> to challenge more powerful enemies ---> the more powerful enemies drops even greater loots.

Diablo2 did perfect on the loop. How much time you spend on hunting loots, how many good loots you get. Every minute you spend on this game is worth it.

And then look at Diablo3, my friends and I have respectively spent more than 200 hours on Inferno Difficulty, but get no useful loots during such a long gaming time. Then I went to some game forums, and confirmed that my friends and I were not special cases.

I know that very few players can get great loots, but that's completely based on luck, not about gaming skills/time. Even the few lucky players also can't hunt all gears on their character's body, which means, AH/RMAH is a must. And the terrible loot drop rate has raised the prices in AH to a ridiculous level that most players can't afford it by only picking up golds in the game.

So, offline gold trade/AH merchant is the efficient way to power up. Loot-hunting now is a joke.

Can Diablo3 be called a "Diablo" game if loot-hunting is useless in-game?
  94. Dec 28, 2012
    I personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. TheI personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. The worst of them is the introduction of the Auction House that makes it too easy to get much better loot by cash or gold purchase instead of earning it through gameplay like it was in D2 and like it is in Torchlight 2. The difficulty has clearly been tweaked around the idea that the game has to be challenging for people who will buy the best gear right at the beginning of Inferno, and that crippled the game's playability for those wanting to do it the old fashioned way. I think any ARPG fan will have fun up to Inferno difficulty regardless. It's just up to you if it's worth tolerating the problems after that point, but you've already played through the story multiple times to get that far. Expand
  95. Dec 27, 2012
    Diablo 3 was a disappointment for many fans of the Diablo series; however, I feel that it was harshly and unfairly judged. Though it may not live up to the expectations people had for it, it is definitely not deserving of the 0's and 1's it has received. Diablo 3 is a good game. It had a few problems at release, but Blizzard has been making constant changes to improve on the game. The mostDiablo 3 was a disappointment for many fans of the Diablo series; however, I feel that it was harshly and unfairly judged. Though it may not live up to the expectations people had for it, it is definitely not deserving of the 0's and 1's it has received. Diablo 3 is a good game. It had a few problems at release, but Blizzard has been making constant changes to improve on the game. The most common complaints I've read are regarding the loot drops, the real money auction house (RMAH), and the lack of endgame. Efforts have been made to improve loot drops and endgame, as well as the viability/balance of class skills. The RMAH, unfortunately, is here to stay. I understand why Blizzard did it; people were selling loot in Diablo II, so Blizzard probably tried to have it exist in a controlled environment, whilst also making profit from it. Other than the two points I mentioned, D3 is a great game. The rune skill system was a big change from the skill point system, but one that ultimately works. It provides a streamlined leveling system that offers a steady, constant trickle of new abilities as a character levels. The other aspects of D3, such as followers, have also been improved over their D2 counterparts. However, for those who are fans of the older, D2 system, Torchlight 2 provides an excellent hack and slash alternative (with its own host of improvements on the D2 system). Would I recommend Diablo 3? Yes. I think it's a solid game that tries to bring something new to the table, and offers hours of entertainment. Even the game's detractors can often be seen making comments like "... after 300 hours of playing D3, I realized this game sucks..." I would hardly consider any game that offered over 100 hours of entertainment as being bad. At the very least, these people got their moneys worth from playing the game. If you're on the fence about the game, I would recommend it. It may not offer years of entertainment like its predecessor, but it will definitely provide a lengthy amount of fun for most. Expand
  96. Dec 27, 2012
    This game was just really bad. I couldnt feel good about getting any items because people were just buying items with real money. I ruins a game where the main reason to continue to play it is to get better and better gear so that you can make progress end game. I miss having a game where i can work hard to get gear and people cant just buy it with real money. Games: the last frontier wereThis game was just really bad. I couldnt feel good about getting any items because people were just buying items with real money. I ruins a game where the main reason to continue to play it is to get better and better gear so that you can make progress end game. I miss having a game where i can work hard to get gear and people cant just buy it with real money. Games: the last frontier were there were no economic barriers. Now rich people can have everything they want in games as well as in life without working for it. Expand
  97. Dec 26, 2012
    This sequel is a failure of epic proportions! There is NOTHING left of what made Diablo 2 great in this game, other than the story which unfortunately also happen to be really bad. I will never understand how developers can change everything that people loved about a prequel. The rule of making sequels should be that you take what worked in the original(s) and then you improve upon it. YouThis sequel is a failure of epic proportions! There is NOTHING left of what made Diablo 2 great in this game, other than the story which unfortunately also happen to be really bad. I will never understand how developers can change everything that people loved about a prequel. The rule of making sequels should be that you take what worked in the original(s) and then you improve upon it. You don't completely alter a sequel so that you can't even compare it with the original. That's what new franchises or spin-off's are for!

My gripes:

Blizzard must have had only one thing in mind when they made this game. And that thing is MONEY!
    All design choices made in Diablo 3 supports this conclusion. They have removed pretty much all things that would make you consider this a game and replaced it with grinds. This is made so that you're more akin to spend money in the real-money action house. This game shouldn't be called a game when it's more like a part time job. (Or full time for some)

There is no difficulty curve in this game at all. Instead you just mow through all content with ease on the earlier difficulties (which is unbelievable boring) until you're hit by a stone wall the size of Mars when you enter the final difficulty (Inferno). From there you have 2 choices. You grind for several MONTHS, wading through piles upon piles of useless items hoping to find upgrades OR you you simply open your wallet and buy what you need. But why anyone would spend money to get items is beyond me as that would completely remove the point of playing the game in the first place.

No character development what so ever. No skill points or stat points to allocate. Instead everything comes down to items, which happen to be bland and boring. All classes require the same kind of stats and items except for 1 primary stat. So that means that everyone is pretty much looking for the same items. Most skill are useless (especially for the witch doctor) and as un-epic as they can get so everyone not only looks the same but everyone uses the same abilities too. In other words there's no variety at all.

All this makes Diablo 3 the biggest disappointment in my entire gaming "career".
  98. Dec 25, 2012
    When you look at a trilogy of games and think to yourself, "The first one was better than this." you have to stop and really start to think. I played Diablo 3 for about 250 hours with a single character and around 30 hours on every other character. The vast majority of that was begrudging game play. Mind you all but the last 48 hours of play was before the implementation of the RMAH ...When you look at a trilogy of games and think to yourself, "The first one was better than this." you have to stop and really start to think. I played Diablo 3 for about 250 hours with a single character and around 30 hours on every other character. The vast majority of that was begrudging game play. Mind you all but the last 48 hours of play was before the implementation of the RMAH ... and in the last 6 months - maybe 10 hours if i'm (extremely) generous with the estimation. I was willing to accept that this was a new era in RPGs and though some of the core elements were the same - this was going to be a glorified hack and slash when compared to it's predecessors. But wait, weren't D1 and D2 just hack and slash games by that standard? Well, yes and no - did you do a lot of hacking and slashing? yup! did you get penalized for changing up your strategy when you hit an overpowered group of mobs? nope! I mean, they talk about the skill systems versatility, but penalize you for changing skill sets per encounter ... which is very counter-intuitive for the type of game that it is. What about the areas? Well, they're really pretty - but rather than side quest tunnels and pits being a sizable sprawl of enemies they're way too succinct. Going through them seems like an interruption to the linear quest rail rather than an exploration mechanism. It might feel better if you went into a side area and actually found a unique or rare monster, and even better if you would get something good (or at least valuable in gold) - but there's obviously a major disparity between good items and useful items. The sound is great! The cinematics are beautiful! The story was filled with horrible cliched characters and poor story telling (including but not limited to plot holes, continuity problems, incorrect lore, and a heavy reliance on technology over substance). The game's engine is solid but the multiplayer is almost enough to make me want to quit playing any other game online! As a whole it is definitely not greater than the sum of it's parts ... very much the opposite unfortunately. Other games released this year have done much better in capturing the essence of Diablo's game play and story telling. Expand
  99. Dec 25, 2012
    I registered here, to write this review as a warning for everyone who is using upper/high end hardware.

First of all, the game will be stuttering and run choppy in general if you don´t have the game files either on a SSD or a USB stick. Due to the coding, it doesn´t work as it should if installed on a HDD. Second, the support of high end hardware is horrible. You will not

Second, the support of high end hardware is horrible. You will not get stable FPS no matter what setting you´ll use, new drivers generally made everything worse and it seems it isn´t in both nVidia´s nor Blizzard´s interest to make this game run well. A recent example are random game freezes which happen using the new WHQL nVidia driver 310.70.

The story isn´t worth it. The item system, compared to D2 where it was probably the #1 fun factor of this game, is horrible.
    In the end you´ll find yourself doing runs after runs filling your inventory with countless rares, which 99% of the time will be worth- and useless. Even if you´ll find a legendary, there will be so many RNG rolls on that items that in the end it will most likely turn out bad, let alone that most legendaries are useless anyway. This was very different with the equivalent uniques of D2, and will bore you moreso than give any satisfaction.

The skill cap is so low, especially because you´re restricted to only use 6 abilities at a time. In D2 you had access to ALL your skills anytime.
    You only seem to get dumber playing this game, honestly.
  100. Dec 23, 2012
    Wow... I haven't tried the game out but... I'm never going to try it now. Look at the score. It's totally red. Normally people give it 7 or 8 and then you will think about it. But this is too dangerous.
  101. Aug 2, 2012
    Having clocked 500+ hrs into this game I'm beginning to see the shortcomings of it.
    The game is ok up to a certain point. All the annoying stuff from D2 has been removed more or less effectively, but has resulted in the birth of new and worse problems.
    The skillsystem is great, and the removal of manual statpoint allocation doesn't ruin the game, in my opinion. The story is ok, but could have been so much better.
    The gameplay follows the well known recipe from D2. Battle is fast paced and sometimes hectic, especially in the later difficulties.
    But the game fails on two very critical points - item drops and endgame.
    Good loot is hard to come by, by farming and when you happen to get a rare or legendary drop, it's usually worthless. When you've finally given up on farming loot because it's no fun, the interest in the game drops like a rock. That's when you might go to the AH for gear upgrades......and by doing that you lower your chances for decent drops even further....which again might make you go to the AH.
    It's a death spiral of boredom when you hit that point.

As far as endgame...well once you've hit the level cap there's really not much more to do but farm gear.
    And since farming for good gear is like searching for water in a desert, it'll soon stop being fun.

Basicly, the drop system, the AH and the level cap combined secures that the game stops being fun.
    This game can only be saved by buffing the drops significantly, removing the AHs, and removing the level cap, because once you hit 60 it becomes a repetitive wandering in circles with close to ZERO reward for your time.

1. Aug 31, 2012