4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    you loved Diablo and Diablo II, you'll definitely enjoy avoiding this game. Made by none of the crew from D2 and feels like it. The lack of lan ou could play it whenever you want, for as long as you want. I know the internet is taken for granted this days, but the problem here is not just my internet connection,blo 3 years ago expecting a masterpiece but instead got a master disaster ofyou loved Diablo and Diablo II, you'll definitely enjoy avoiding this game. Made by none of the crew from D2 and feels like it. The lack of lan ou could play it whenever you want, for as long as you want. I know the internet is taken for granted this days, but the problem here is not just my internet connection,blo 3 years ago expecting a masterpiece but instead got a master disaster of massive proportions. Due to blizzards underestimatin Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    Poor planned launch, with a game severely lacking in certain areas. Would have been acceptable for an average priced game. Not worth any more than 50% of it's current price tag.
  3. May 15, 2012
    Haven't been able to play yet at all...been sitting for hours getting error messages and unable to log in. You HAVE to log in to the server even if you just want to play single player, so literally have not played ANY yet.
  4. May 15, 2012
    Wank poor performance by Blizzard/Activision. Force us to be always be connected to their servers to combat, "Piracy", but fail to have enough servers to cope. I guess they all ready have our money, so they win and we lose. Should not be allowed.
  5. May 15, 2012
    rubbish game, and as per usual blizzard has failed when it comes to server and stress testing. In other words..... PRE ORDER GAME..... CANT EVEN PLAY 2 DAYS LATER
  6. May 15, 2012
    I'd give this game -10 is I could. Whether or not the game is any good I couldn't tell you. Servers though...what a fail....Blizzard deserve everything they get for this one. Bunch of amatuers. Hopefully they learn in future that having a single player game = online only is not a good idea.
  7. May 15, 2012
    I'd love to write a review on this game, but as per usual, Blizzard is such a failure of a company when it comes to getting new games up and running it's not funny. Been trying to log in now for.....no idea....too long.
  8. May 15, 2012
    The Lord of Error 37 has taken my cash and ran away with it. Long live legally bought games that DON'T WORK! Hooooooray Blizzard! You PWN! I have been waiting more than a decade for this game and now can't even connect. FU HARD!
  9. May 15, 2012
    The only score you can give a game that doesn't work is a ZERO. 12 hours after launch, I can't log in. Emergency maintenance is being performed, maybe that will fix it. If you want people to like your product, your product better be able to handle the load created by those people. Blizzard failed extremely bad with this product. Not only was it late, by about 6 months, when it finallyThe only score you can give a game that doesn't work is a ZERO. 12 hours after launch, I can't log in. Emergency maintenance is being performed, maybe that will fix it. If you want people to like your product, your product better be able to handle the load created by those people. Blizzard failed extremely bad with this product. Not only was it late, by about 6 months, when it finally does release, it doesn't work. Beyond that there are a lot of little bugs and inconsistencies in game like FPS problems and stuttering (if you manage to get in which I did for a brief period last night) that were reported when beta began yet never fixed, bartenders repairing gear but the blacksmith (who actually makes gear) can't, inaccurate tooltips and information in game and other various bugs. This is not a smooth release, this is not a finished product and hell, right now, it's not even a product at all since you can't play it. Expand
  10. May 15, 2012
    I cut and pasted my review from Gamsepot, so take that for what you will, but my review remains the same:

Diablo 3 may be one of the most disappointing games of my lifetime. I am an avid fan of Diablo 2, and the fact that the game still sells to this day shows how popular it is. When I was in the Navy I brought 1 copy onto our submarine and (despite having access to modern games) it was all anyone played for 3 months solid. What a shame to see that Diablo 3 is a pale and simplistic shadow of its predecessor.

Customization: This is my biggest point of contention with the game, that there is zero character customization. As you progress you unlock skills and your stats automatically increase, exactly as in a game like WoW, but wildly different than the Diablo series (particularly part 2). There is no skill point allocation, no stat choosing, etc. Instead you will play the exact same cookie-cutter character as everyone else. By the time you are a level 50 barbarian you will have the same stats, runes, skills, and even look the exact same as every other level 50 barbarian there is. The only differentiating factor is your gear, but this is a shallow way of making people feel like they've made a unique character. The notion that you get to "pick" your runes/skills is a joke. They are unlocked in a specific order, you always have access to the same skills/runes, there is nothing customizable about it. In other words, your barbarian will be the same as the other 2,000,000 barbarians out there without one tiny lick of difference.

Simplicity: I have not played the game on Inferno difficulty yet, so take that for what you will, but everything else has been ridiculously simplistic. How simplistic? I have yet to die. I'm not kidding or exaggerating, I literally have yet to die in this game and I have played for hours.

DRM: The always-online feature is abhorrent and inexcusable. That people are seriously defending the inability to play a single-player game they paid for because a server is down is mind-boggling. There is no reason for this kind of garbage. Blizzard is treating its customers like enemies and rendering people incapable of playing the game that they bought. And what of those without a reliable and strong internet connection? Left out in the cold, I suppose. Companies like CDProjekt and GOG.com have managed to eliminate DRM entirely from their games and profit wildly. Hell, Diablo 2 has no DRM whatsoever and is easily pirated, yet it's still bought en masse 12 years after its release. A huge negative for the game.

Subpar Standards:
    The graphics in the game are barely acceptable. I would say they are akin to the first Torchlight's graphics except with a slightly darker palette. However you also lack the ability to zoom (except while in your inventory, and then only if you select the option from a menu). The details on your character are nonexistant and the camera angle is pretty poor. Given that they managed to have a zoom function in Warcraft 3 while still having the same camera-style I can't even fathom this decision making, except for the fact that the graphics look pretty 2008, at best.
    The sound is actually fairly decent, but the voice acting is atrocious. The stilted and wooden voice actors sound like something out of a made-for-tv SyFy movie, and that's being kind. The one exception is the man who voices Deckard Cain, who is a huge cut above the rest of the cast. I have not played every iteration of character/gender but the 5 that I have tried all sounded abysmal (with the absolute low point being a female monk).
    From what I have read numerous features were cut from the final game and it really shows. The crafting feels pathetically shoe-horned and is akin to the most dumbed-down MMO crafting you can imagine. The "runes" you get to differentiate your skills were apparently supposed to originally be loot you'd find, but that went away as well. There's no PvP out of the box, there's no LAN, and there's no more than 4 players to a game. Ultimately this all feels like a rush-job, which sounds absurd given how long this game has been in development, but it seems that is precisely what happened.

Ultimately, the terrible design decisions, the lack of any character customization whatsoever, the subpar standards, the rushed feeling, and the godawful DRM hold this game back from being anything other than straight-up mediocre. I could not be more disappointed.
  11. May 15, 2012
    This is the most disappointing moment of my gaming career. The idea of playing a game in single player mode whilst having to be constantly connected to a server if the most ridiculous concept anyone has ever come up with to fight piracy. I hope they pirate the life out of this game. I'm a paying customer and I've been spat on, and then told to suck it up. I really want to support theThis is the most disappointing moment of my gaming career. The idea of playing a game in single player mode whilst having to be constantly connected to a server if the most ridiculous concept anyone has ever come up with to fight piracy. I hope they pirate the life out of this game. I'm a paying customer and I've been spat on, and then told to suck it up. I really want to support the gaming industry. I really, really do, but this is insulting. If you're going to force me to stay connected to your servers, at the very least ensure they're up for when I want to play. To hell with you Activision, and Blizzard, you should have known better. Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    Staring at a login page for hours and hours is not a game... If Blizzard developers are so stupid that they can't predict the massive load on the login servers they deserve to all die horribly from herpes.
  13. May 15, 2012
    Unplayable, and I really mean unplayable as I have yet to successfully login to play a for the most part singleplayer game. I only have a few hours a day I could spend on gaming and to be unable to play this game makes it worthless and it therefore earns the zero I'm giving it.
  14. May 15, 2012
    Big Fail for blizzard. 24 hours after launch day and playing is also impossible. Pathetic !!!
    Diablo 2 was the best game ever, but for diablo 3 ... no comment
  15. May 15, 2012
    Paid 60 bucks for something that doesn't work due to their servers being overloaded. Seriously, with all the money Blizzard has, they couldn't afford more servers? How greedy are they? EPIC FAIL. Never buying another Blizzard game again.
  16. May 15, 2012
    Not good after 2 and half years wainting... its becaming really anoying not being able to play the game... but how cares they already made 80% of the money, that they will ever made with this game, just in 24 unplayeble hours (for most people).
  17. May 15, 2012
    It is now just under 12 hours since launch and I have not been able to successfully log on yet. I actually called work and canceled my time off because there was no need to stay home when you can't log in. Now I have been a fan for years and would have been happy with the game, IF I could play. You can't please everyone but you can alienate Everyone by simply taking their money and thenIt is now just under 12 hours since launch and I have not been able to successfully log on yet. I actually called work and canceled my time off because there was no need to stay home when you can't log in. Now I have been a fan for years and would have been happy with the game, IF I could play. You can't please everyone but you can alienate Everyone by simply taking their money and then not letting them use the game you have made. Expand
  18. May 15, 2012
    If you get to play this game you are lucky! Seriously overloaded servers on the day 1... They run a stress test weeks before release date and still they can't get it right. This is embarrassing even for a indie studio and we are talking here about a world wide giant gaming company and they have so much failz!
    Seriously if have not bought the game yet DON'T not for at least a month let
    Seriously if have not bought the game yet DON'T not for at least a month let them get their stuff in order first.
    A serious disappointment i have had a chance to play for about 20 mins today and I paid good money for this game. Frankly you could get a hooker for longer than this cheaper than this.
  19. May 15, 2012
    I'm giving this a 10 just to balance stuff out. This game is fantastic, it's just having some hiccups at launch.. just like every other massively anticipated online-only game. Everyone will forget about server issues by tomorrow. Anyone giving a 0 based on that is just being incredibly silly. A 0 is like.. worst game of all time. You honestly think Diablo 3 is worse than Miley CyrusI'm giving this a 10 just to balance stuff out. This game is fantastic, it's just having some hiccups at launch.. just like every other massively anticipated online-only game. Everyone will forget about server issues by tomorrow. Anyone giving a 0 based on that is just being incredibly silly. A 0 is like.. worst game of all time. You honestly think Diablo 3 is worse than Miley Cyrus sing-a-long for Game Boy Advance. I swear, gamers these days are insufferable. Come at me Blizzard anti-fanboys. Expand
  20. May 15, 2012
    How can you give this game a 10 when its unplayable you got jokes, this game has been up for three days in asia yet all we get is nonstop problems in America

jokes
  21. May 15, 2012
    This isn't a game. It's a login screen with nice music. I'm sure there is a pretty good game behind that login screen. It's just too bad that I'll never see it because of the draconian DRM.
  22. May 15, 2012
    Way to kill the franchise, Blizzard!
    Diablo 3 NEVER needed to be online only. It was a single player experience, with LAN play optional.
    Diablo 3 is online so that players can buy items with real money, and game together with friends all over the world.. and stop piracy.. errm.. Hey Blizzard, making this game run on your servers exclusively, may block "piracy" but will also block fans of
    Way to kill the franchise, Blizzard!
    Hey Blizzard, making this game run on your servers exclusively, may block "piracy" but will also block fans of the series, and make this into the worst reviewed game since "Big Rigs".
  23. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely unnacceptable...they had stress tests....they had the open weekend beta...they had FEEDBACK!!! And it seems they didn't do anything, they saw the problem and they just took the money. Blizzard is all about the money and not the fans...alt that talk about "they care about the fans" is alot of BULL**** ...how about all EU players just file a lawsuit against them ?
  24. May 15, 2012
    Bought the digital copy to get access right at launch. Error, error, error, error. Finally give up and go to bed at 2 am. Wake up, boot up pc, try to log in.... error error error error. Why did I pay 70 dollars again? WTF are you doing Blizzard? Haven't you learned from EVERY, SINGLE WOW RELEASE? Also, not staggering the release times to alleviate server load is a HUGE FAIL. SWTOR didBought the digital copy to get access right at launch. Error, error, error, error. Finally give up and go to bed at 2 am. Wake up, boot up pc, try to log in.... error error error error. Why did I pay 70 dollars again? WTF are you doing Blizzard? Haven't you learned from EVERY, SINGLE WOW RELEASE? Also, not staggering the release times to alleviate server load is a HUGE FAIL. SWTOR did LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than this garbage and they had a sketchy launch. Expand
  25. May 15, 2012
    Cliche story. You are able to see what is going or who is who right from the beginning, which are signs of terrible story writing. Poor in-game cutscenes. Average graphics. Below average music (with Matt Uelmen gone - the name behind Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks, it just feels unoriginal & boring). Terrible level designs, very limited procedural generation which gets boring real fast. BeingCliche story. You are able to see what is going or who is who right from the beginning, which are signs of terrible story writing. Poor in-game cutscenes. Average graphics. Below average music (with Matt Uelmen gone - the name behind Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks, it just feels unoriginal & boring). Terrible level designs, very limited procedural generation which gets boring real fast. Being locked to 6 skills at a time, very few skills, automatic stat allocation. Etc... etc...

But my biggest problems are: EU is completely broken, login servers are down, game servers are heavily loaded & busy... Can't you add login delays & queue to keep login servers up? And how come game servers are loaded & busy? What was that stress test for? These are just amateur mistakes from Blizzard. It gets my rating down to 2 from 6.
  26. May 15, 2012
    Story was amazing, and just enough change to make it interesting. I do NOT factor launch issues into the score as every online game has them. People need to suck it up and deal with that part. Someone said the game is short...but I felt D3 was longer than D2 and much more of a challenge. D2 was a cake walk and the acts were over in a gust of wind. This game has such a rich story comparedStory was amazing, and just enough change to make it interesting. I do NOT factor launch issues into the score as every online game has them. People need to suck it up and deal with that part. Someone said the game is short...but I felt D3 was longer than D2 and much more of a challenge. D2 was a cake walk and the acts were over in a gust of wind. This game has such a rich story compared to the others and it keeps you actually involved in it. The game feels like Diablo with some no twist "quest/ability system" But overall, i am in love with the game personally :D Expand
  27. May 15, 2012
    Game launch is a disaster, Blizzard had beta test for stress test, 3 hours waiting time for character creation and i was kicked out after. If you did not bought this game yet DON'T !
  28. May 15, 2012
    This game is so bad.... Blizzard very disappointed me. It cost almost 100$, so they are fat guys, who making money from famous franchise. This game looks type of games, like pay-to-win
  29. May 15, 2012
    Freaking online mode for singleplayer, sucks. Blizzard should make a very good statement for this super fail of them. Freaking BLIZZARD!!!!You have got to be kidding me, Blizzard
  30. May 15, 2012
    Even if this game was playable, it would still get a negative rating. Sadly, as bad as it is, it will (has) still sold in its millions. The Real-Money trading system is abhorrent, and the gameplay has been pretty **** Blizzard seem to have tunnel vision focus on turning everyone into HARDCORE playesr...what about the normal guy who just wants to play a bit for fun. This takes all the BadEven if this game was playable, it would still get a negative rating. Sadly, as bad as it is, it will (has) still sold in its millions. The Real-Money trading system is abhorrent, and the gameplay has been pretty **** Blizzard seem to have tunnel vision focus on turning everyone into HARDCORE playesr...what about the normal guy who just wants to play a bit for fun. This takes all the Bad things about World of Warcraft and uses them to taint what SHOULd have been a great game. But it isn't.

The very worst part is, you can't even play it, not even after you've paid your money. It just sits there, taunting you, promising much and delivering nothing. Maybe it's better this way.
  31. May 15, 2012
    great game. diverse and different in all the best ways from the original. few clunky issues with interface and server issues on first day, but overall, great.
  32. May 15, 2012
    The game is not currently playable. I am sure that at some point in the future it will be, but I am not very optimistic. There will likely be server issues for a long time yet, so don't bother picking this up until long after they get everything ironed out. Out of the few minutes that I could play, I was not impressed, but again who knows how long it will be before this game is experiencedThe game is not currently playable. I am sure that at some point in the future it will be, but I am not very optimistic. There will likely be server issues for a long time yet, so don't bother picking this up until long after they get everything ironed out. Out of the few minutes that I could play, I was not impressed, but again who knows how long it will be before this game is experienced the way it was intended. Expand
  33. May 15, 2012
    Aweful game, dont buy ! They get a 1 for anticipation i had in regarding the release but a 0 for the actual release. Cant even play the game !! Be warned
  34. May 15, 2012
    call of demon/gears of demon is what this game is. everything what was awesome about the second installment of diablo has been taken away and replaced with pure **** DRM, bad servers, boring gameplay very similar to me3, bad voice acting and so on. everything about this game sucks. this game isn't even worth the time and bandwidth to pirate. just leave it and pretend it never existed.
  35. May 15, 2012
    If only they had put in half the amount of time/effort into their infrastructure and backside design required to support this game rather than hype it, it may have not flopped on release day...
  36. May 15, 2012
    Might be fun. Dunno cause errors non-stop and I cant play it. They take a million years to launch this game and no one can log in. Stayed up till 3am to log in at launch, couldnt. Try to play the next day, servers down, couldnt play...
  37. May 15, 2012
    Steaming pile of pay2win garbage. Linear questing, no stat customization and no commitment to skillset. The glory that is Diablo II wasn't even made by the same studio as this Kotick cashout.
  38. May 15, 2012
    This catastrophic pile of **** made me rage so hard that I killed my roomate. I'm serious, he's dead. This game is called Diablo because it was made in hell, where Lucifer and Hitler collaborated on this **** of sadness and unbridled **** They're literally laughing at me while torturing innocent souls. What in the absolute **** I think blizzard hates me. They took my money and now they'reThis catastrophic pile of **** made me rage so hard that I killed my roomate. I'm serious, he's dead. This game is called Diablo because it was made in hell, where Lucifer and Hitler collaborated on this **** of sadness and unbridled **** They're literally laughing at me while torturing innocent souls. What in the absolute **** I think blizzard hates me. They took my money and now they're all driving away in their flying Yachts laughing so hard that their dicks have now inverted. They have inverted dicks. Seriously. I can't even duel my friends in game. Are you ****ing kidding me? Some **** ass noob will think he's on MY level, because I can't put him in his place. Do you even care about my feelings, Jeff Blizzard?! DO YOU?! I was in act 1 and some **** hacker just spawned 13 diablos and teabagged my corpse until I had to remake my character. SEriously, it's THAT broken. I also accidentally rolled a female character. This level of blasphemy left me gasping for air. I almost died. It was ****ed. This game is ****ed, I hate it. Monks don't even use their weapons. **** it all. The greeks invented anal. Expand
  39. May 15, 2012
    Despite the launch problems which are the source of most people's complaints, Diablo 3 is an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding game that lives up to it's expectations.
  40. May 15, 2012
    Been working on it at least 4 years, did alpha, then beta tests, then open beta stress test ...
    spent tons of money on the commercials ... and this is what they achieved ! This is what we get for that extra huge price ! Gj Blizzard ! You should be proud !
  41. May 15, 2012
    You get the game (sure looks good wherever you find out about it). Then you install it on your computer (It takes the whole day to get through with all the errors with the installation). AND THEN you can't login. And whatever you try, even if it taked you hours, - You Can't Login. Don't plan on this mutch.
  42. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely stunning (after you manage to log in, that is, but the server issues will pass soon, and the game will stay). Beautiful sceneries, classes are pretty fun to play. I don't think there's anything that didn't improve over Diablo 2. Definitely worth the money.
  43. May 15, 2012
    No char customization, no attributes, pretty looking game, isometric view.
    Oh yes, the other flaw,........NO ONE CAN PLAY IT.
    There seems to be another issue now with the "servers"
    Blizzards attempt at stopping "piracy" hoses us all.
    GG
  44. May 15, 2012
    Let's see, who are the fanboys? the people that realize this is the evolution of the Diablo series, just as D2 was the evolution from D1, and accept this game as Diablo Evolved, not D2.5. This game is amazing. If you can't take off the nostalgia glasses for a second and see that, yes, this game is different, but it is still Diablo, and not only that, it is one damn fine game. SimplyLet's see, who are the fanboys? the people that realize this is the evolution of the Diablo series, just as D2 was the evolution from D1, and accept this game as Diablo Evolved, not D2.5. This game is amazing. If you can't take off the nostalgia glasses for a second and see that, yes, this game is different, but it is still Diablo, and not only that, it is one damn fine game. Simply amazing, in fact. Mindblowing. Blizzard Nostalgia fanboys, if you want to keep playing D2, then go play D2. D3 is evolutionary, and the future of ARPGs. TL2, PoE, nothing touches D3. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    With all the hype people put behind it you expect something...more = I haven't waited this long but there people waited over 10 years for this game and for it to be pretty much reskin of D2 with some of the stuff people enjoy the most taken out is meh =
  46. May 15, 2012
    Utter rubbish. It's been hours now since EU launch and the servers aren't working and there's absolutely no response from any EU Blizzard reps. Don't buy this game.
  47. May 15, 2012
    Overall the game does not meet up the standards in Graphics of today games, the story is kinda good and the gameplay is repetitive and boring, somewhat of a dissapointment.
  48. May 15, 2012
    Man, I can log into the game. First I could then I couldnt and then I could again and now its down so long it aint funny! They knew what was going to happen and still they blame us paying customers for their crap!
  49. May 15, 2012
    An unmitigated disaster. Expensive and broken. Unable to login to the game server, like so many others. Played for ten minutes this morning and it was a simple point and click experience with no soul.
  50. May 15, 2012
    I've tried regularly for about 20 hours, and have not been able to log in.

I'm about to get a withdraw, and never buy the game again... Pathetic launch by a multimillionaire company like Blizzard/Activision
  51. May 15, 2012
    What a mess. Mediocre beta. Horrible release. No character customization, no more attribute points. story is terrible. Finished in 3 hours. Repetitive tripe, IMO. There is a reason there are hundreds of negative reviews which is why I think they spent so much cash on splashy TV commercials. I wish there were lemon laws for video games.
  52. May 15, 2012
    Really fun game. Ignore the troll reviews, this is a great addition to Diablo franchise. Some of the best game play and story telling I have ever seen in a game!
  53. May 15, 2012
    Purchased, unable to log in even once in 12 hours. This would be counted as fraud in any other industry but for some reason on this game I intend to play single player it's 'to be expected', just terrible.
  54. May 15, 2012
    Piracy and console gaming has truly destroyed the PC gaming industry and Diablo 3 is just a horrific example of developers greed for making money.Diablo 3 is absolute piece of crap and i'd prefer the original diablo 2 billion times over it.Firstly the always online drm truly deprives you to even start that game and once luckily you get to play the SP then you for sure shed tears thinkingPiracy and console gaming has truly destroyed the PC gaming industry and Diablo 3 is just a horrific example of developers greed for making money.Diablo 3 is absolute piece of crap and i'd prefer the original diablo 2 billion times over it.Firstly the always online drm truly deprives you to even start that game and once luckily you get to play the SP then you for sure shed tears thinking "THERE GOES MY 60$" Gameplay is repititive,most of the customization elements found in diablo 2 are gone.The game is just a crappy remake of diablo 2 to satisfy developers money greed. DIABLO 3 IS A COMPLETE FIASCO.Stay Away from this one! Expand
  55. May 15, 2012
    I can't believe what a colossal disaster and complete waste of money this was! The richest, most powerful gaming company cannot supply adequate servers for players!? What a joke!!!
  56. May 15, 2012
    Not as good as Diablo 2, but damn near close. In fact I think it's growing on me more and more and may indeed surpass d2 for me at some point. Not really sure what all the (not-so-objective-and-thinly-vieled-trolling) is about, but this game is awesome.
  57. May 15, 2012
    How do you code 12 years on a game and **** it up? The only other game that screwed up this bad was duke nukem forever but even that failure is nowhere close to how bad diablo is play 10 seconds discconnect log back in play 30 seconds with that little area can't open stash can't go nowhere also don't uninstall it and reinstall to fix becuase once uninstalled forget it it's notHow do you code 12 years on a game and **** it up? The only other game that screwed up this bad was duke nukem forever but even that failure is nowhere close to how bad diablo is play 10 seconds discconnect log back in play 30 seconds with that little area can't open stash can't go nowhere also don't uninstall it and reinstall to fix becuase once uninstalled forget it it's not reinstallaing again due to some localization thing. congrats blizzard even clowns code better than this you have officially set a floor for the gaming industry to laugh at. Expand
  58. May 15, 2012
    I admit this review is unfairly high, as I have only experienced ~3 hours of content so far. However, I rank the game this high because Blizzard has never disappointed me before and the masses of self-entitled jerks skewing the rankings with a 0 need to be counteracted.

The only reason people are ranking the game so low is because the servers were over-whelmed on launch. What do you expect with a global launch of Amazon.com's most pre-ordered game EVER?

I too had trouble logging in last night, as well as the ~4 million other people trying to log in. So I went to bed, and 6 hours later the game functioned perfectly.

TL;DR - Whiny self-entitled kids gave a great game an unfairly low score.
  59. May 15, 2012
    The game requires a permanent internet connection to connect to servers that Blizzard didn't bother to scale correctly, although the problem was quite obvious from the open beta. Why force online play on a singleplayer game, and then not provide enough server capacity? And this for a premium priced game. Just disgusting.
  60. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the story is truly compelling and it keeps you feeling like you are enjoying great book that you just can not put down. I am only through the first difficulty level however the combat system is incredibly satisfying even having only experienced about 1/2 of it. Great game well worth the money with great replay value.
  61. May 15, 2012
    I am going to be fair on Blizzard, no can expect the exact number of people that is going to logon. Same with mobile networks on new year they can be prepared but no psychic.

The answer someone said before that D3 has "no builds, or talents" that is completely inaccurate playing I have enjoyed the new leveling system its simplified yes but with more options to become available i like it the ability to fundamise for different equations.

I disagree with the comments "simplified for 13 year olds" the game is meant to be targeted so everyone enjoys it, simplified means less frustrating.

Graphics are extremely good considering the fact it is the only game that generates its own maps and dungeons.

Don't be spiteful because its having teething problems, its a game that these designers have spent years putting together unless you can state you can do better dont be harsh.

So in all fairness i will give Diablo 3 a 8 not a 10 as i do recognise the mishaps on the game.
  62. May 15, 2012
    stupid game,GO TO HELL!. oh wait, it's already in hell. All about it is disappointing. I've been a Diablo fan for a long time but then you give me this.. What the hell Blizzard? This all errors things and your stupid DRM giving me a headache. Why no in steam? money whoring company
  63. May 15, 2012
    just awful !!! don't buy this game because it is complete **** Graphics are **** story is **** everything is **** really. You may wish to purchase 10 expensive beers, give them to homeless people and then watch them drink your money than giving 60 dollars to blizzard.
  64. May 15, 2012
    I would love to rate the game higher but it appears Activisions Blizzard is unable to correctly implement the right infrastructure in order to load people in, heavens forbid I don't know how Google etc manage so many concurrent users logging in several times a day from various devices where blizzard can't even manage the one device. I'm not sure if there's a video game or that the game isI would love to rate the game higher but it appears Activisions Blizzard is unable to correctly implement the right infrastructure in order to load people in, heavens forbid I don't know how Google etc manage so many concurrent users logging in several times a day from various devices where blizzard can't even manage the one device. I'm not sure if there's a video game or that the game is just made up of various Error Messages. Expand
  65. May 15, 2012
    So Blizzard makes us wait for 10+ years charges a hefty sum and then puts **** DRM? How can a game this size can fail on launch day. This is not a MMORPG, so I shouldn't be bothered with all this "server is too busy" errors and actually be able to play the game. I respected the devs and paid for the game; in return I expect the same treatment and not this. Returning the game. End of diablo 3.
  66. May 15, 2012
    Graphics are a VERY slight update from Diablo2, yet it runs nowhere near as smoothly on a computer with well over 4 times the processing power. The game play is literally only about 5 hours long, with some completing the game start to finish in just over 2 hours. Character system is dull and unimaginative. Skills are entirely too WoW-based. Bottom line, this game is fanfare. It only passesGraphics are a VERY slight update from Diablo2, yet it runs nowhere near as smoothly on a computer with well over 4 times the processing power. The game play is literally only about 5 hours long, with some completing the game start to finish in just over 2 hours. Character system is dull and unimaginative. Skills are entirely too WoW-based. Bottom line, this game is fanfare. It only passes because it is "Diablo" and people accept it for nostalgic purposes. It costs about $60; and this is for a game that is 2-5 hours long. many indie games I purchase on steam have more than 2-3 times the play time for a play through, cost about 1/4 - 1/3 as much, and have originality to them.
    Bottom line- it is a bland, unfinished, ill conceived game. I would wait at the bare minimum 9-12 months and buy the GOTY edition for $30 and it is fully patched.
  67. May 15, 2012
    Have been trying to connect for the last 3 hours without success.. I used to be an adventurer, but then i took an error to the knee...

quoted Dodger
  68. May 15, 2012
    Sweeet!
    Sweeet!
    A company that's been around doing exactly these kind of games for 100 years release a game that I can't play, because the they don't give a ++++ about me enough to provide the servers their game REQUIRES TO RUN? When I get some server-time it's a lame, bland, Torchlightish experience. Everything good from D2 is GONE (with the original development team?). I feel hate brewing friends, must be Diablo at work. At least Bizarre got that right.
  69. May 15, 2012
    This game is so awesome.. If you like a game where the only thing you can do, is sit back and look at a login screen, then this is for you!!!
  70. May 15, 2012
    I haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. I haven't ran into a single bug myself, which is rather incredible for a game that just came out, though bugs do exist. I can't really think of any ways to make the game better. It's incredibly fun and addicting. They did a great job with this one. I'llI haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. I haven't ran into a single bug myself, which is rather incredible for a game that just came out, though bugs do exist. I can't really think of any ways to make the game better. It's incredibly fun and addicting. They did a great job with this one. I'll probably be playing this game for many, many years to come.

Also, why are people reviewing this game that haven't even played? Regardless of how good/bad you think it is, nobody cares about reviews from someone that hasn't played the game.
  71. May 15, 2012
    Amazon's highest ever level of pre-orders for a game
    Singleplayer game
    DRM : force players to be logged onto their servers full time "to prevent piracy" - translation = to force you onto their items for real cash auction as sponsored by Chinese gold sellers.
    result: not enough servers available to log on to play game
    consequence: this crap score & massive loss of respect
  72. May 15, 2012
    Couldn't stay online for more that 5 minutes during the day, can't even log in now. Great launch Blizzard. Especially great job with requiring connection to your crappy servers for SINGLE player. A big fat zero.
  73. May 15, 2012
    They promised I could play on release... Now 24 hours laters still unable to login or play anything what so ever.
    Beta had problems and they did not learn a damn thing.
  74. May 15, 2012
    Awful launch from Blizzard. They have launched the game in an unplayable state where I can't even play the single player mode because the servers are woefully inadequate
  75. May 15, 2012
    Got to play it a bit earlier today, but completely fails now. The fact that they don't bother to prepare for this launch is disturbing and shows complete lack of respect for their customers.
  76. May 15, 2012
    If you thought ubisoft had a **** drm, wait until you try this. It's already almost 24 hours after the launch and i still have trouble logging in .
  77. May 15, 2012
    I can't believe what they did to this game, Who in a normal state of his mind would plan to make this game an "always connected game"? This is not even a MMO, MMO sets those kind of things because it's obvious, you will play with many many people. But this game is a SINGLEPLAYER (featuring coop).
    Suffers a lot of connection problems and all that stuff. Aside from that, the mechanics are simplified compared to Diablo2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, etc... This game is not as deep, the hack n' slash feels easier (and fun some times) but it doesn't have the same feeling as the last game of the franchise.

It's a perfect example of what corporates companies want to steal from the fans and customers. I'm a big dissapointed fan. Please stop buying Activision things, they think they're the masters of the world and have the rights to **** people whoever they want with their money. I'm gonna wait for Torchlight 2.
  78. May 15, 2012
    The game is unplayable, so the rating is 0. As easy as that.
    Whenever I should be able to play this game in the far future, I might change this rating.
  79. May 15, 2012
    The login problems are simply unforgiveable. Leaving aside how stupid the always online system is the simply fact is that Blizzard have the resources and know-how to insure these kind of login issues dont occur. They dont get a pass because its launch day, nor do they deserve our sympathy they are a large corporation and the only relationship between us is that I purchased a product theyThe login problems are simply unforgiveable. Leaving aside how stupid the always online system is the simply fact is that Blizzard have the resources and know-how to insure these kind of login issues dont occur. They dont get a pass because its launch day, nor do they deserve our sympathy they are a large corporation and the only relationship between us is that I purchased a product they sell, a product which does not work as intended, you wouldnt accept this with any other consumer product, why accept it with this one? Expand
  80. May 15, 2012
    Unplayable. they took my money and now they don't let us play . Basically a scam instead of a game. Don't buy it , you will regret it , disconnects every 5 min and 20 min relog time . Worst fail game this year.
  81. May 15, 2012
    seriously didnt think it would fail so bad but defo get the lowest review from me epic fail didnt play anything the last 6 months and was really looking forward to this -1 thing to do turn it back in and get a refund see Blizz still fails like this was the first release they ever did !
  82. May 15, 2012
    Well, apart from the horrible queue, what is new about this game? It looks dated, I don't see any improvement in the game play. So they added The Auction House? Why do you need that in the first place? This is a game a 4 year old could play (if they were allowed to play it).
  83. May 15, 2012
    Wait a month after release, the game will be great I'm sure. Can't really feel sorry for Blizzard, though. They should know better than requiring an online connection for single player. The nature of evil is to destroy. Even though the aggressor may gain a lot very quickly, the result will eventually be destruction of both the victim and the aggressor. Last time I checked, greed isWait a month after release, the game will be great I'm sure. Can't really feel sorry for Blizzard, though. They should know better than requiring an online connection for single player. The nature of evil is to destroy. Even though the aggressor may gain a lot very quickly, the result will eventually be destruction of both the victim and the aggressor. Last time I checked, greed is evil, and Blizz is guilty of it in this case. Expand
  84. May 15, 2012
    Here is a series of bad decisions and inexcusable failure. Whoever thought always online DRM should be a requirement is an idiot and should be fired . Never mind that the company doing it runs the largest and most successful MMO in the world but they can't handle the login servers for a single player game. Up until now my only actual experience with the game has been attending a midnightHere is a series of bad decisions and inexcusable failure. Whoever thought always online DRM should be a requirement is an idiot and should be fired . Never mind that the company doing it runs the largest and most successful MMO in the world but they can't handle the login servers for a single player game. Up until now my only actual experience with the game has been attending a midnight release to pick up a collectors edition, finding out I need to wait three hours anyway until they decide to open the servers, entering my password for two hours, giving up and going to sleep and waking up to find I still can not log in. If this is "fun" then the hell with Blizzard. I used to be a massive Blizzard fan but I won't be buying any more of their products by the look of it, they're no longer trustworthy and their "when it's done" attitude has just become and excuse to take years to release what amounts to a shabby and inferior product anyway. Expand
  85. May 15, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune systemThis is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune system from 2. The graphics engine is dated and inefficient, I wish they had put little more time into exploiting the high end hardware and maybe even DX11 support. I you Like DIablo 2 and Torchlight, you will love this. Expand
  86. May 15, 2012
    Paid the premium to get this game at launch. So far not been able to log in at all or play a single moment of it. Absolutely disgusted.

The always online system is clearly a joke designed to suck more cash from players and it doesn't even work - the servers in the EU are overloaded. After such a build up and a wait this is really terrible.
  87. May 15, 2012
    Exelent game, but kids should learn how to wait for something, how to fix their crap PCs to avoid errors, and how to calm the **** down when Blizz having a maintenance.
  88. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely abysmal. To pay £45 for a game and be unable to play the single player mode because they are an imbecile company who learn nothing from their previous highly anticipated launches.

Disgraceful fail. They don't even deserve to take on the Diablo legacy - it's not like any of hte same designers are involved anyway.
  89. May 15, 2012
    Fun game, never played 1 or 2 but have been a long time WoW fan. I have not run into the same logon issues many people complain about so my experience has been a bit different.
  90. May 15, 2012
    What a beautiful loading screen i paid £40 for, please make an expansion pack soon featuring not one but TWO all new background images*! *Additional fees apply.
  91. May 15, 2012
    Until they fix the issues, this game does not deserve a proper review. No one pays for their games to have it snatched away from them in the first few hours, FOLLOWED BY THE SERVER BEING DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY. Online Only for Single player is a complete joke, they could've kept SP and MP completely severed, but they claim it was for anti-piracy and duping. News flash, you can prevent dupingUntil they fix the issues, this game does not deserve a proper review. No one pays for their games to have it snatched away from them in the first few hours, FOLLOWED BY THE SERVER BEING DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY. Online Only for Single player is a complete joke, they could've kept SP and MP completely severed, but they claim it was for anti-piracy and duping. News flash, you can prevent duping by not making SP and MP CONNECTED. Expand
  92. May 15, 2012
    I still don't know why they spent last 4 years making that ridiculous skill system. And now I'm not even able to connect to their servers. The game looks like a bad cartoon movie. I'm totally disappointed
  93. May 15, 2012
    I am Blizzard's complete and utter incompetence. I am many closed betas, an open beta, and a stress test that all amounted to nothing. I am the customer's disappointment, frustration, and wasted time. I am the reason why every single person who purchased Diablo 3 should be able to attain a refund if they so please.
  94. May 15, 2012
    This is what happens when you add unnecessary, ludicrous DRM to any game. You've had years of beta, you had open beta, you've had experience with large game launches, and you knew the pre-order numbers; and yet you ignored all this data.
  95. May 15, 2012
    pay 45 euros, install it and just keep staring at your greyed-out login button. This seems to be the standard for blizzard games so you would think they'd be prepared...no. better wait a few weeks before buying this game.
  96. May 15, 2012
    Regardless of the outdated graphic and gameplay. The worst is 11 hours past , still cant play. Blizzard, you make this game for nine years, nine years! And here comes an unplayable online game? Shame on you!
  97. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the attention to detail is amazing. Love the new skill customisation. One of the best games I've played in a while. The lore from previous games is expanded and lots of answers are finally revelled. The voice acting is good enough, sometimes a little bit cheesy. The cinematics are awesome. 10 out of 10.
  98. May 15, 2012
    Bad enough that they added crippling online only DRM to a single-player game, worse that the DRM doesn't even work.

Rating of 0 because if you purchase this game at the time of writing it simply doesn't work in any form.
  99. May 15, 2012
    Trying to log in for 12 hours now... it is just not working. I mean its a single player only game, and they know how much copies are reserved, they could have easily avoided it. And worst case, while diablo 3 is being raped on login, you can't log in WoW neither. Thanks for combining 2 services into 1 , so then both are not working
  100. May 15, 2012
    an absolute shambles of a release, even having hosted an open beta weekend to ascertain concurrency and stress testing of servers Blizzard and Activision completely dropped the ball on this one. Millions of people can't play the game on release. Disgraceful, do not buy!

1. Aug 31, 2012