3.9

1. Sep 23, 2012
    I think its time for a new 'critic' website. I think people should have to give specific reasons why they gave a '0', because when they don't, it lets them get away with 'zero' scores. There is no way, you can assign a 'zero' score, to every component of Diablo 3. To try to do so, shows the level of idiocy and immaturty and lies that those assign 'zero' scores possess. It's utterlyI think its time for a new 'critic' website. I think people should have to give specific reasons why they gave a '0', because when they don't, it lets them get away with 'zero' scores. There is no way, you can assign a 'zero' score, to every component of Diablo 3. To try to do so, shows the level of idiocy and immaturty and lies that those assign 'zero' scores possess. It's utterly laughable, to suggest that a game of the depth and visual splendor that Diablo 3, deserves a 'zero' score. We all know that metacritic allows you to RIG the system, by now forcing people to 'explain' their scores. If someone doesn't explain their score, we should be allowed to force their score off the system, and without that option, this system is just simply rigged, and metacritic should be ashamed of themselves for offering such a pety, chlidish rating system and user ratings offering. Places like Gamespot, which I dont agree on all things with ( where is that even possible) has a decent system at least, as other similar sites do, where they MUST explain their scores for each component, or obviously be seen as INCOMPETENT and just lying. That is the problem with metacrtiic, and I refuse to come here anymore and see a rigged system in place, allowing people to post riciculously low scores. It doesn't hurt the game in the SLIGHTEST, and all it really does is show the hateful, childish immature remarks by some 'teenies' on here. It's that obvious LOL. Expand
  2. Sep 23, 2012
    Save your money or think twice before buy this game, too many bot inside the game, worst drop, boring gameplay, good graphic, good music but. RMAH is bad idea and no offline game play. After 360+ hours game play srsly this game make me sick.
  3. Sep 23, 2012
    I enjoy(not love it) the game before Inferno, but after that you can see why people is against RMAH, there is no way that you can do it if you don't buy items because. And always online is a real pain if you lose connection just for 1 second(for example if you have a Router and it assigned a new IP) you are out. And it has a real story problems! In my opinion it doesn't worth $60
  4. Sep 23, 2012
    When you play this game you feel that a lot of work was put to release it, but still it's pretty boring to play & repetitive. i started playing in late July, so I didn't get to know the Server problem - everything worked just fine. Some interesting parts start from the end of Act II. The plot is OK (for an Action-RPG), the movies among the Acts are great. The main problem for me is theWhen you play this game you feel that a lot of work was put to release it, but still it's pretty boring to play & repetitive. i started playing in late July, so I didn't get to know the Server problem - everything worked just fine. Some interesting parts start from the end of Act II. The plot is OK (for an Action-RPG), the movies among the Acts are great. The main problem for me is the ruined gloomy/gothic atmosphere of the previous games. It just looks like you're playing Torchlight, but, to be honest, Torchlight was more addictive. Everything is so bright and cartooney, sometimes you can't even see your character. About the monsters design - I liked it. But the Diablo with **** was not so cool. Playing together with someone makes the game more fun and if I tried to walk it through by my own the user Score would be lower for sure. Summing up I'll say that this is an average game, not bad, not good, but still a lot of people will be playing it just because it's Diablo III. Expand
  5. Sep 23, 2012
    Ok, I put a 5 /10 like two months ago, I really thought that review I did was balanced. Many people found my last review helpful, but I was completely wrong. I will explain why I now think I what I wrote is completely off the mark.Here was my last review:

I will try to be objective. First of all I think it is unrealistic to give this game a 0 or a 10. It is neigther a total disaster or a masterpiece. I will try to explain the score I ahve given. First of all I consider myself a casual gamer. The games I buy I usually do from Steam and I wait for special offers. I do not mind playing old games and I do so for the fun. Diablo III is an exception. Diablo II was probably the game I most enjoyed playing in my teen years and I was willing to pay 60$ for Diablo III. I think the game is fun and a nice way to keep distracted when you are bored, but I am a bit dissapointed at what it offers given its price. Maybe its my expectations given the fun I had with Diablo II are the reason for my dissapointment. First of all, I do not like that all characters will eventually have the same skills... There is no room for thinking out new builds and try them out. Also, beeing a solo player, I was very surprised at the fact that I will need to play always online. I think that is a deal breaker for many people. First of all beacause I share my internet connection, secondly becasue if I pay 60$ I will want to have access to the game whenever I want. Online playing really is not necessary I think. As for the game itself, I am half way trough nightmare difficulty and it starts to feel like the level of difficulty of diablo II. Normal difficulty was a breeze but I am happy to see that the level of skill required and plannification of fights is required in the next levels. I am not really fussed about the story, but I have to say that after 12 years in development it feels a bit empty. As for the good aspects of the game, I think it all comes down to if you are having fun or not. I am having fun at the moment. I expected more for for 60$ though...... The game feels like a diablo game, the dungeons are a bit smaller than before, but the monsters are very similar, you can even recognice many of them from Diablo II. The boss fights aren't as challenging though.... Anyway, just to sum up. I am giving this game a 5 out of 10. The biggest deduction comes when taking in mind the relation of what you pay and what you really get. The game is simply not worth that price, and it really does feel as a game that could have been created in 2005 or 2006.... It surprises me from a company like Blizzard who usually delivers good products. The internet connection is simply not fair for solo players, and I don't really think it is needed. Anyway, if you want to spend your money in a Dungeon crawler I advise to anyone who is not sure about buying the game or not to wait for Torchlight 2, created by the same developers of Diablo II. You will get a very similar product for 1/3 of Diablo III price. Just don't rush to buy this game just because it says Diablo in its tittle. It is not terrible, but you will hardly have the fun you had with the previos games. Overall I am dissapoint, but will try to make teh best of it and have fun. I hope this review helps you make a decision. Have fun everyone!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After playing Torchlight II, I have to say that it delivers much much more than Diablo 2, which I only managed to play for 1 month before quiting. Getting what you get for Torchlight II at 1/3 of the price of Diablo III is just outstanding, its even hard to believe. The rewards, the progression, the customization, the atmosphere, the balance, but above everything else THE FUN!!!! All these things not only make Torchligh II an excelent game, but make Diablo III with 10 times the budget than Torchilight II a complete and utter failure 3 times as expensive and 3 times less polished.
    Really. If you read this do not buy Diablo 3. Do not make that mistake. The mistake I and many others made because we had a nice time playing Diablo II and thought Diablo 3 would be its continuation. It is not. Do not bother. Go for Torchlight. You can buy 3 copies and its still cheaper than diablo... I feel so stupid now... Hope this helps you! Have fun everyone!
  6. Sep 23, 2012
    Review reduced from 1 to 0 after playing Torchlight 2. This game is bad, but in comparison to TL is it down right horrible. Torchlight... Thank you...
  7. Sep 23, 2012
    Looks nice, plays like poop Avoid like the plauge. If you insist on playing it, at least play the free trial first so you can find out what a disappointment it is.
  8. Sep 22, 2012
    This was an ok game. The combat was good and the co-op online was fun. I also liked some of the art for the items. I enjoyed playing with my wizard until about halfway through NM. However, the negatives imo just avalanche the positives. The art style does not fit the series. It's too cartoony for the medieval, gothic theme of Diablo. I will say it is done well, but it does not fit. TheThis was an ok game. The combat was good and the co-op online was fun. I also liked some of the art for the items. I enjoyed playing with my wizard until about halfway through NM. However, the negatives imo just avalanche the positives. The art style does not fit the series. It's too cartoony for the medieval, gothic theme of Diablo. I will say it is done well, but it does not fit. The itemization is the biggest flaw in this game. A combination of your weapon and your main stat for your character, are how damage is calculated. All other affixes on items are meaningless unless you have your main stat + vitality on items. This is a major flaw, because there is less space for fun attributes when the spot is filled by your stats, that D2's stat system handles. The affixes are boring on items. While as in Diablo II you had interesting and fun items with attributes like cast firebolt on hit, or a 12% chance to blind enemy on hit, in Diablo III, you are stuck with +stat, +stat+, .001 chance to freeze. Blizzard has taken their need to control and balance characters way too far, forgetting the fact that the Diablo series has always was been about being overpowered and slaughtering enemies. That was the fun part. I'll put it this way- in Diablo II, I felt like a God slaying all demons in my path and pillaging villages for tremendous loot. In Diablo III I felt like a miner hacking away in a coal mine all day, with a pickaxe, hoping to eventually find GOLD. Also, I find that the skills system and the removing of the stat system really annoyed me, in this game. I like to be able to customize my character and carve my own path through a game. This game does not give me the freedom to do that, when I am using the same build as everyone else. My final complaint with this game is the Auction House (Gold or RM). This was the worst decision ever for an ARPG. When I could buy items easily in the auction house that are much better than anything I could ever have a chance to find (because of the extremely low drop rates), what reason do I have to actually enjoy hunting for loot? I don't have fun looting in D3 and that is a major issue with the game. I am extremely opposed to the idea of play to win. I feel like you should have to play the game to benefit from the rewards. Maybe I'm crazy lol. Anyway, I would not recommend this game, but I would recommend Torchlight 2. It is a fantasic game, that you will love if you enjoyed Diablo 2 and can look past graphics. Expand
  9. Sep 22, 2012
    +Decent graphics. -Always online DRM, -Lack of skill diversity, -Connection errors, -Play to win, -Short story. This game is a step back from Diablo 2, so I recommend avoiding it.
  10. Sep 22, 2012
    The game is a failure of epic proportions. Never before had game industry seen such a huge discrepancy between expectations and final result. The expectations were high because the game was in development like 6 years with huge budget and Blizzard seemed to be a trustworthy company.

But in the end what we've got is a primitive skill and item system and abysmally small amount of content. You run 3 times through the same short acts, it gets boring after seeing them once, and then comes the whooping inferno mode where you see all the same stuff for the 4th time, only this time you have to run more around the elite enemies and the only point of your repetitive actions is the hope of getting a better equipment so you can kill things faster and die less often. This chance is not just small, it is negligible, only people with no life can get something good from killing mobs 15 hrs a day, others have to use the auction. The bad item drop is probably the main problem for most people judging by the battlenet forums, but those people aren't actually seeing the whole picture - even if we were given D3 without the auction house, the game still won't lose its crappy mechanics where the powerful builds become obvious pretty fast and you are doomed to use the same 6 skills without even changing them slightly on occasion (against different type of mobs, for example). If you do, you lose a very important magic finding buff. What's even more important is that weapon and equipment system is intentionally designed to be boring, so that only a few of possible affixes are useful. This leads to a situation where they are hard to get (Blizzard wants people to become frustrated and use RMAH), but also there is no such thing as different possible types of the same gear, there is only ONE possible good option and others are inherently bad, you can't choose a different direction in accumulating bonuses on equipment.

Fortunately, we have Torchlight 2 now, so we all can forget about this miserable failure and never play it again. Jay Wilson is not the guy who can make great games, he is just a stupid and arrogant fat guy. I hope karma punishes him hard for ruining the great franchise and crushing our dreams and hopes.
  11. Sep 22, 2012
    What a complete let down, and i have spent prob over 10,000 hours playing D1 and D2 but this game is just awful a shame of a game to carry the diablo name...........Diablo 1 was all about the atmosphere.....Diablo 2 was all about the grind and the magicfind.........Diablo 3 was all about the $$$$$$.......
  12. Sep 22, 2012
    Superbad game. Boring, money-making, over and over boring game. Blizzard, what have you done? Where is the spirit of the old "Blizzard North" of the original Diablo? Where? Oh, wait a minute...? It's runic's game "Torchlight II".
  13. Sep 22, 2012
    The gameplay is well known to everybody. I mean: it's quite the same as the other Diablos, with better graphics. That said. Constant connection? Incredibly bad. Because it's no use to gamers: just to Blizzard, so they can avoid piracy. I can understand wanting to keep your hands on the stuff you created, but if this means being unable to play far from home, and having constant lags andThe gameplay is well known to everybody. I mean: it's quite the same as the other Diablos, with better graphics. That said. Constant connection? Incredibly bad. Because it's no use to gamers: just to Blizzard, so they can avoid piracy. I can understand wanting to keep your hands on the stuff you created, but if this means being unable to play far from home, and having constant lags and server queues/crashes, I call it a scam. Especially if it's being sold at a higher-than-usual price. Also: Real Money Auction House. Oh this is almost worse than constant connection. Do you really want competitive online gaming to become a matter of who is the richest? We have enough of that in real life. I say at least our games should play even, and be ruled by skill and experience. Expand
  14. Sep 22, 2012
    This is not a single player game. It's an MMO without the MM. Do NOT make the mistake to think that this game has a single player mode - it has a "play alone given that you have < 50ms latency on your constant on internet connection"- mode.

Want to play on the train? Forget it.
    Want to play on 3g connection? Forget it.
  15. Sep 22, 2012
    Diablo. The one game we all once loved (and still love) gone utter trash (d3) due to the blatantly idiots from blizzard. Total WoW system. Basically its World of Diablocraft. Only with a hack and slash system.
    Every true D1&D2 player knows that this is NOT diablo 3. I'm sad that this great title got ruined into bottomless void....
  16. Sep 22, 2012
    Why does Metacritic have a 10-point system. A simple "Did You Like It? Yes or No?" would suffice. The user-reviews in here are so rediculous it makes me smile. There is absolutely no way in hell this game is worth 0 (zero) points. But that is what everybody gives it when they have one or two gripes with it. I liked the game a lot btw, and had my fun throughout. I got an extremely polishedWhy does Metacritic have a 10-point system. A simple "Did You Like It? Yes or No?" would suffice. The user-reviews in here are so rediculous it makes me smile. There is absolutely no way in hell this game is worth 0 (zero) points. But that is what everybody gives it when they have one or two gripes with it. I liked the game a lot btw, and had my fun throughout. I got an extremely polished game with a great single-player experience, and even better with friends. I dont play it anymore, because I got tired of it. I will however play the expansions to come.

If this score-system had any real thought behind it, I would have rated Diablo 3 av clean 8/10. But since everything said on here is angry kids with problems with their internet connections, I'll give it a 10 to compensate.

0 points? Are you people kidding me?
  17. Sep 22, 2012
    The more you put into a game, the more rewarded you should feel. Right? Not in Diablo 3...The game makes me feel like the more I put into it, the more punished I feel. Also, it is hard to get past the poor design and story, lackluster abilities, and that world of warcraft touch that shouldn't be overlapping into a Diablo game. I will be very hesitant and cautious when it comes to newThe more you put into a game, the more rewarded you should feel. Right? Not in Diablo 3...The game makes me feel like the more I put into it, the more punished I feel. Also, it is hard to get past the poor design and story, lackluster abilities, and that world of warcraft touch that shouldn't be overlapping into a Diablo game. I will be very hesitant and cautious when it comes to new titles from the company. Expand
  18. Sep 22, 2012
    Weak game, no skills points, no permanent character choices, insane grinding required, very very very laggy even now in September. Just not a very fun game, still addictive in a way but not worth even a quarter of its cost, lucky I got mine as a gift :P
    The game would be ok with end game content (current none exists), less grinding required, less gold farmers ruining economy, not having to play through 4 times per char, a skills or talent system, a bit more difficulty (currently difficulty is an item check, no player skill required) and offline mode!!!
  19. Sep 22, 2012
    Waring: In this score, I'm not taking into account the Auction House, nor the always online requirement, nor the numerous technical problems with the game (including the fact there there is even lag in single player game, even now in September 2012). If I had taken this into account, it would have earned a 0.

However, even with not taking this into account, it is still a boring game.

However, even with not taking this into account, it is still a boring game. They boasted about the story, but it's almost incomprehensible at start, and when you begin to understand something, the fact that they always shove it in your throat at every occasion does not make it better.

Destructible environments: it's just a gimmick, nothing of value there.

The graphics : in fact not as good as was advertised everywhere

Gameplay: Just plain boring. It's a thing to make the enemies explode for each of your blows, but ater 15 minutes, you begin to understand that it's like blooming effects in bad FPS: just something to mask that under this, this is really shallow.
  20. Sep 22, 2012
    Compare to Diablo 2 this game is just a farm field for making cash, using the most boring skill system ever being released,doing over and over same annoying events and quests, listening the most boring and annoying Music. The only Act that really really makes sense to Diablo game is first, rest are boring and annoying, Act 4 was released with Rush, feels very empty and boring.
  21. Sep 22, 2012
    Tell me the point of a loot based game with no loot? Oh yeah, there is no point. As such, Diablo III is a failure and no sane person should waste their time on it.
  22. Sep 21, 2012
    This game is a complete failure, read the other comments to know why as almost all of them point to the same reasons. This is what happens when companies are too greedy.
    Do not waste your time in Diablo 3.
  23. Sep 21, 2012
    I really tried to like this game but when it comes down to it the devs tried to make their version of Diablo that fails in content, creativity and in listening to the community. Furthermore, if they don't like how the game is going they will change something in a quick fix with out telling the customer what they are changing and why. The game they released is practically a beta stillI really tried to like this game but when it comes down to it the devs tried to make their version of Diablo that fails in content, creativity and in listening to the community. Furthermore, if they don't like how the game is going they will change something in a quick fix with out telling the customer what they are changing and why. The game they released is practically a beta still since they are having to balance this, fix that, remove this and that which was thought to improve. Expand
  24. Sep 21, 2012
    I gave up on Diablo 3, i really dislike the direction that the series moved in with the addition of the auction house, the always online connection needed, and the way they simplified the RPG aspects. I ended up removing it from my hard drive.
  25. Sep 21, 2012
    I was the biggest diablo and blizzard fan... diablo 3 released... I hate blizzard and diablo
    They pretty much butchered the whole series and the company in everyones eyes.
    This is the worst game release ever and tehy should all get fired and never develop a game ever again!
  26. Sep 21, 2012
    worst game ever the critics are as full of @*#^ as Blizzard is MAJOR FAIL Blizzard your company needs better writers and a overhaul. if i could do one thing with this game it would be to get my MONEY BACK or PUBLICLY BURN it so that no one will make the same mistake i made.
  27. Sep 21, 2012
    +good combat

-auction house -developers and management -itemization -lack diversity and character identity -feels like an action adventure game God of War style and not an action rpg Diablo II style -bots dupers and exploiters -spam -nerf bats -$60 beta -false advertising -boring and dragging to reach inferno -linear and on rails -awful story, villains, heroes -rubber
    +good combat

-auction house
    -developers and management
    -itemization
    -lack diversity and character identity
    -bots dupers and exploiters
    -spam
    -nerf bats
    -$60 beta
    -false advertising
    -boring and dragging to reach inferno
    -linear and on rails
    -awful story, villains, heroes
    -rubber banding
    -always online and weekly maintenance for a single player game
    -diablo reboot, not sequel
  28. Sep 21, 2012
    Really doesn't feel worthy of the Diablo title. Just way too disappointing. Feels like yet another development pushed forward only because the developers knew it would rake in the dough almost as much as a new cod game. The creativity and feel of adventure is gone in place of a cheap thrill that wasn't even at all cheap. I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player... ItReally doesn't feel worthy of the Diablo title. Just way too disappointing. Feels like yet another development pushed forward only because the developers knew it would rake in the dough almost as much as a new cod game. The creativity and feel of adventure is gone in place of a cheap thrill that wasn't even at all cheap. I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player... It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back! Expand
  29. Sep 21, 2012
    This game is probably the most epic let-down of all gaming history ever. With the recent patch they actually stole the idea of a famous gamer fan and they did not even credit him for saving their lousy-ass game. Stupid blizzard thinks all about getting more money, what douche bags eh. Stick all that money up yo ass guys next time no one is buying your game!
  30. Sep 20, 2012
    I'm still waiting for an apology from Blizzard and I'll probably continue waiting. I waited for years, only for them to not even BOTHER to write a login queue. So there I was, for hours, typing my username and password in only to get "Error 34".

Once I got in, the next few hours were sweet... until I hit Inferno. Now, I thought, was a great time to play with others. So I joined a group of players and attempted Act I. We failed, I accepted that. I logged off for the night and went to bed, to try another day.

When I logged back on, my Character was stripped bare. All my money was gone. I had been hacked.

I contacted Blizzard only to get a reply blaming ME for their security flaws. I have NEVER been hacked in ANY game or account. They claimed my e-mail had been accessed, but this was untrue, I checked my Google logs and no-one had logged in overnight. I had no "password reset" e-mail.

I'm still waiting for an apology. I guess I'll just keep waiting.
  31. Sep 20, 2012
    This just might be the biggest let down and over hyped game of the decade. I wish i had waited to buy to it and had not gotten digital or i would have returned this months ago. Some may like the simplistic grind till you progress game play and the real money AH, but when you really look at the game and the classes you are left disappointed and just sad that the series could end up like this.,
  32. Sep 20, 2012
    Everything that make Diablo and Diablo 2:LOD fun was removed from Diablo 3. This is essentially a front end for the Real Money Auction House. Don't bother with this crap title. All the reviewers who gave it anything about a 70 were probably paid for their opinion.
  33. Sep 20, 2012
    I give this game a one because of the always on DRM and having to be online all the time. My problem with this is because I work in afghanistan and before here in Iraq since 2008. The internet here is horrible (depending on where your at) but overall it is unreliable and very slow. I like to play my games offline with singleplayer, but because of this issue of always being online i amI give this game a one because of the always on DRM and having to be online all the time. My problem with this is because I work in afghanistan and before here in Iraq since 2008. The internet here is horrible (depending on where your at) but overall it is unreliable and very slow. I like to play my games offline with singleplayer, but because of this issue of always being online i am unable to play. I tried it once, but it was so laggy when i was playing by myself i could not continue. Due to this terrible experience i have to say that, though Diablo 3 may be great, i am unable to determine because of the constant internet connection requirement. Please do not forget about the people over here, we love to play games too! Expand
  34. Sep 20, 2012
    I wanted to love this game. I really did. But the loot is abysmal and they patch so slowly that by the time they fix the broken loot system it could be 2014!!! I have hundreds of hours logged. Spent a small fortune on the RMAH (Yes I am a complete and utter fool for this decision). My only defense for doing so was after 250 hours and still having a crappy character with terrible gear II wanted to love this game. I really did. But the loot is abysmal and they patch so slowly that by the time they fix the broken loot system it could be 2014!!! I have hundreds of hours logged. Spent a small fortune on the RMAH (Yes I am a complete and utter fool for this decision). My only defense for doing so was after 250 hours and still having a crappy character with terrible gear I thought maybe the RMAH was my salvation. That's what's called desperation folks. And as I played into my Paragon Levels (20) I realized things weren't getting better. No good drops, laggy servers, a dead friends list from all the quitters, I give up, throw in the towel. D3 is a huge time and money sink. And the only reason you keep logging in is to hopefully catch that carrot that's always just out of reach. Don't waste your time or your hard earned money. Check out Torchlight II, that's a game that will give you your ARPG fix for years, and not get you into obnoxious credit card debt just so you can complete the game. Expand
  35. Sep 20, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game, great in every aspects which can keep you not to be addictive. I got tons of legendarys, only 2 after patch 1.04. 1 out of hundred rares is useful. It is a challenging game that tesing your EQ. With billions of skill combination, you rather stick with one build, and with NV buff, you won't change your skill(lose buff). Conclusion: Piece of crap
  36. Sep 20, 2012
    The game runs smoothly and looks pretty good but that's about all the it has going for it. It's extremely repetitive and the loot that you get just isn't enough to make the game enjoyable. Don't waste your money on this game.
  37. Sep 19, 2012
    This game is not that bad. DRM really sucks and we all know that DRM is not because of piracy but because of that fu....g auction house. On the other hand you can complete even onn inferno without using RMAH without too much trouble. If i wont look at DRM and RMAH Diablo 3 is worse than Diablo 2, but it is not that terrible. Main problem is totally 0 difficulty until inferno and even onThis game is not that bad. DRM really sucks and we all know that DRM is not because of piracy but because of that fu....g auction house. On the other hand you can complete even onn inferno without using RMAH without too much trouble. If i wont look at DRM and RMAH Diablo 3 is worse than Diablo 2, but it is not that terrible. Main problem is totally 0 difficulty until inferno and even on inferno with good team you can kill any mob or any boss without too much trouble. This game does not deserve 10 but it also does not deserve 0. I just expected more from Diablo. Expand
  38. Sep 18, 2012
    The Good: fun Beta, first runs through normal-nightmare-hell ok. Game mechanics ok. The Bad: Worst loot drop QUALITY ever! High rates, but all crap loot. Botters, friends of botters/dupers or people with fat credit cards have the good gear - no hope for others. Inferno Act 3 is a wall unless you purchase gear, which brings us to the AH/RMAH(see"ugly")
    The Ugly: Auction House & Real Money
    The Ugly: Auction House & Real Money Auction House dominated by botters but required to get to end game which doesn't really exist, yet. High expectations from Diablo 2 may have been unfair, but D3 has been a disappointment & seems to drive players to the AH/RMAH. More recently server lag has made the game almost unplayable. Title should have been: "Grand Theft Diablo 2"
  39. Sep 18, 2012
    The game is fun at first but after 10-15 hours it gets extremely boring. Drops are to simplistic and random. For example, a drop specific to a Monks or Wizards can roll Strength. That just doesn't make sense to me. I can see why it's possible to roll a crappy item, but to roll a item that there is no point using doesn't make sense to me? Make it roll like 10 intelligence or somethingThe game is fun at first but after 10-15 hours it gets extremely boring. Drops are to simplistic and random. For example, a drop specific to a Monks or Wizards can roll Strength. That just doesn't make sense to me. I can see why it's possible to roll a crappy item, but to roll a item that there is no point using doesn't make sense to me? Make it roll like 10 intelligence or something instead of 50. Don't make it roll the complete opposite stat that makes it absolutely useless to the point where you won't pick it up or pick it up solely to vendor for 200 gold.

Stay clear and invest your money elsewhere. I'm still experiencing buyer's remorse. I purchased the game even though I saw many bad reviews from users. I just figured they were die hard fan boys that wanted the game to be exactly like Diablo 2. I took a chance and was hoping I'd like it even though it wasn't similar to Diablo 2. Change isn't always bad. However, in this case the game has changed drastically, Again, not always bad, but this case it was for the worse. I feel like this game should never have been released. It should have definitely been beta tested further than Act 1 Normal and had the AH implemented. This game was not nearly tested enough by the public. The game was only played through by the Development team who was obviously blinded by their own thoughts of what constitutes a good game. One which is obviously not shared by 90% of the gaming population. I hope this game gets better but I have a feeling the reason why changes such as drop rates and such have not been changed yet is because they are directly tied to the core of the game (hate to say it because everyone does but the RMAH). Therefore, to change such a feature in the game would require the game to be completely restructured (i.e might as well create Diablo 4). Hope this helps guys,
  40. Sep 18, 2012
    Diablo 3: A Soulless Soul .

The last game I really played was D2.This was as a student and I felt like (now I am a grown up" adult) I could relive a part of that magical experience again, with the D3 release. Now several months later after the release and many hours it is V E R D I C T T I M E: . I REALLY REALLY TRIED to like it, but Diablo is no more......... I feel
    Diablo 3: A Soulless Soul .

I could relive a part of that magical experience again, with the D3 release.

I feel very bad for my characters, but they ARE Oversimplified ANDROIDS and they LIVE in a COMIC WORLD for 6 year OLDS that is based upon the Auction House MONEY Engine . I wish my Windforce Ama and my Vengeance Diablo Clone killer PALA could express to Blizzard how SAD they are.........
    how their offspring transmutated into this macTasteless de la Soulless Console Soup..... One good thing: Ninja Looting is no more. But they forgot how to make a good thing even better: shared loot should be an option that could be turned on... I'm crying now because It feels like an era of great gamedesign (D2, Baldurs Gate2 & Fallout 2 FTW) is gone forever...
  41. Sep 17, 2012
    If the abysmal user score and the fact that the game lost 65 percent of its player base in 3 months didn't tell you enough, I don't know what to say to you. The game basically forces you to buy everything using the Real World Auction House and the lack of end-game content makes it worth about six hours. Jay Wilson is an idiot and he should be fired and forever denied a job at Blizzard forIf the abysmal user score and the fact that the game lost 65 percent of its player base in 3 months didn't tell you enough, I don't know what to say to you. The game basically forces you to buy everything using the Real World Auction House and the lack of end-game content makes it worth about six hours. Jay Wilson is an idiot and he should be fired and forever denied a job at Blizzard for what he did to an incredible series. Expand
  42. Sep 17, 2012
    El drop es el alma del juego, y en este diablo la cagaron, se jactan de hacer mejoras que a nadie les importa, lo unico que quieren hacer es llenarse los bolsillos de plata, son unos sinverguenzas
  43. Sep 17, 2012
    So I like the general art style, the rework of some of the more tedious game mechanics like clicking to pick up gold/restocking on potions, the idea of the blacksmith/artisan, and drops unique to the player. The in-game cinematics were new for the series and had potential. However, the art still feels too cartoony and outdated. Even from the initial screenshots they released years ago ISo I like the general art style, the rework of some of the more tedious game mechanics like clicking to pick up gold/restocking on potions, the idea of the blacksmith/artisan, and drops unique to the player. The in-game cinematics were new for the series and had potential. However, the art still feels too cartoony and outdated. Even from the initial screenshots they released years ago I was disappointed, but perhaps the transition from sprites to 3D actually lost some of what I liked about the style.

Some game mechanics were oversimplified and the "advanced" option when it comes to picking skills was not explained and hidden away in the game options. I did like how the skills worked in advanced mode, probably one of the better ways to transition from a skill tree. However, once you get to Infernal difficulty you have to stick with the skillset you picked or lose the extra magic find gained from killing elites... so that pretty much ruined experimenting and the versatile skillset. As for town portal and identify scrolls, I dont think I really miss them much, though being forced to kill monsters to get a scroll to go back to town was kinda fun since it made you change your playstyle a bit, especially if you were out of potions.

When I started, I used the blacksmith to build equipment that was better then what I found... however I soon realized it was a waste of money, it was cheaper to just buy stuff on the auction house. The stat rolls are random, so you would potentially have to build several pieces through the blacksmith before getting one that applied to your character, so instead you just picked what you wanted the stats to be on the auction house. And as for the auction house... I have somewhat mixed feelings on it. It seems like yet another thing they changed where it is convenient, but actually removes some of the fun and challenge. In diablo 2, you either went to trade games to show people your items, spammed trade channels, traded with people in the game you were in, or just played more to find items. Some may think that was tedious, but I think it encouraged players to start a new class for the items they found. Also, the real money auction house just makes it all seem like a ploy to get micro-transactions.

The in-game cinematics, although a step above what diablo 2 did in some ways, they were horrible in visual quality, dialog, and did little for character development. Also, if you play with others online, people just skip them... I still am not sure if I have seem them all. Not to mention horrible bosses like the butterfly Magdah and predictable Zoltun Kulle. Also, the bosses taunting you and saying how insignificant you are while u are on the way to them destroying their stuff is dumb, and seems only like a play to the younger audience.

The random map generation in diablo 2 was also a big feature lost in diablo 3... perhaps it is technically difficult to accomplish, but is a big win when it comes to re-playability.

Also, many people I know didn't play all the way to inferno... I think that is because they should have removed normal or nightmare difficulty and just stuck with 3. There really isn't much of a change from normal to nightmare and it just turns away people that are already bored with the ease of normal difficulty.

And speaking of inferno, what a joke. The elites are just ridiculous. You either have ones that are relatively easy to kill or are impossible. Perhaps this wouldn't have been so annoying if there was a steady progression of difficulty, allowing you to adapt and change item and skill builds, but the damage from elemental stuff is just super spiky. Stand in fire for a second or get hit by a lazor turret (which doesn't fit into the diablo universe btw), you are dead from full hp. And perhaps the worst part is if you are fighting elites for too long they get an aura that drains your life more and more quickly while also dealing more damage. So if you go tank build with less damage you will die anyways... or your damage dealers will die while u sit there tickling the monsters.

I did play over 160 hours, but that is just a show of how much I wanted to like the game. So if you want to play something that starts fun (mostly because of nostalgia) and then gets boring, and then punishes you while your love for a genre of game slowly dies, then get this game. Otherwise, wait and hope for the next Diablo or a series of big patches.

**SPOILER**

Finally, whoever thought it was a good idea to kill off an iconic character to the series, should be fired. At the very least kill Cain off in a highly detailed cinematic... perhaps while he is killing Diablo himself. The only surprise in the story was Cain died to a butterfly... come on!
  44. Sep 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm very disappointed with the game. I paid 55 euro and I get nothing for that money. You don't get anything new or different than an updated Diablo 2. I have played only a few hours with the game and that's it. It's boring and there is no fun at all. This is the worst game of the decade. Expand
  45. Sep 13, 2012
    This game is great until you get to the hardest difficulty. Once you hit that the game becomes so hard its unbearable. If you don't plan on replaying it over and over then its a good (not great) dungeon crawler but if you are like me and expected something close to Diablo 2 with the hardest difficulty actually being possible then don't be surprised when you are forced to use the auctionThis game is great until you get to the hardest difficulty. Once you hit that the game becomes so hard its unbearable. If you don't plan on replaying it over and over then its a good (not great) dungeon crawler but if you are like me and expected something close to Diablo 2 with the hardest difficulty actually being possible then don't be surprised when you are forced to use the auction house to advance any further in the game. I put likely hundreds of hours into Diablo 2 over multiple years, that will not be the case with this game as I have no desire to ever go back and play it. Expand
  46. Sep 13, 2012
    Thx Blizzard for ruining my favorite franchise. No offline play, no PvP, horribly short campaign and difficulty scaling that was not properly beta tested.

Good thing Guild Wars 2 is out now. D3 = Uninstalled.
  47. Sep 13, 2012
    I'm not going to lie, I had high hopes for this game and it turned out to be the biggest anticlimax of my life. If the game was as brilliant as the marketing used to sell it, then I and millions of other people would still be playing. Unfortunately the repetitiveness and lack of addictive gameplay forced me to uninstall the game after 6 weeks and has changed my view of Activision Blizzard forever.
  48. Sep 13, 2012
    There is no replay value. The game starts out great and fades quickly! I have not logged in for months and refuse unless an expansion is released. Playing the same missions over and over is not what I want to do. If I could I would return the game.
  49. Sep 13, 2012
    What a boring piece of crap, there's nothing to do but farm generic looking lousy stats having items. You want godly items? Too bad, you ain't gonna have them unless you use 1 of the auction houses. No matter who you kill on what difficulty the drops gonna suck more than porn stars. Graphics make the game look like some retarded cartoon, the music...Hell. What music? There's no music, justWhat a boring piece of crap, there's nothing to do but farm generic looking lousy stats having items. You want godly items? Too bad, you ain't gonna have them unless you use 1 of the auction houses. No matter who you kill on what difficulty the drops gonna suck more than porn stars. Graphics make the game look like some retarded cartoon, the music...Hell. What music? There's no music, just some monotonous below average generic melody playing but it can be hardly qualified as music. Voice acting would probably impress WOW virgins(due to their low standards)and casuals, gameplay isn't bad but there's nothing innovative about it. Game is as short as a midget on all fours playing twister. No depth, no character customization, only few skills are worth using while others are utterly useless. Lots of effects but they aren't necessary since the skills you use are weak as anorexics left hook. I piss in a zig zag pattern on this game and if I saw that ugly chubby gnome Gay Wilson I'd beat him up with a keyboard. Expand
  50. Sep 12, 2012
    The game is **** its nothing good, don't play it. I even heard Diablo II is better. WAY to repetitive, nothing new, and i feel like i was in the 96s when diablo first released.
  51. tdc
    Sep 12, 2012
    The story is very cliche and predictable. The graphics are incredibly lackluster based on both the release date and the development time. The game play feels okay; the combat isn't bad. The constant patches keep changing loot and skills and etc. which grows tedious. After you reach the maximum level, re-roll and do it again, and realize that grinding at 60 is still boring, all that remainsThe story is very cliche and predictable. The graphics are incredibly lackluster based on both the release date and the development time. The game play feels okay; the combat isn't bad. The constant patches keep changing loot and skills and etc. which grows tedious. After you reach the maximum level, re-roll and do it again, and realize that grinding at 60 is still boring, all that remains is a shell of what used to be Diablo; it leaves you feeling just so,
    empty.
  52. Sep 12, 2012
    So, 12 years later, Diablo 3... I've spent quite some time on this one now, and i have very mixed feelings. Let's say it straight, I'm really disappointed. Most of what I'll say won't have any sense for those whose Diablo 3 is the first game from the Diablo series to be played, because it heavily relies on the game experience i had with its predecessor So, let's explore how the successorSo, 12 years later, Diablo 3... I've spent quite some time on this one now, and i have very mixed feelings. Let's say it straight, I'm really disappointed. Most of what I'll say won't have any sense for those whose Diablo 3 is the first game from the Diablo series to be played, because it heavily relies on the game experience i had with its predecessor So, let's explore how the successor of Diablo 1 and 2, two games that were big hits and set as references for the H 'n S genre, is, after around 200h :
    - Maniability : It's as easy to control as it seems.it's instinctive if you played any H n' S game correctly done before. - Graphics : I'd distinguish 2 parts of the graphical parts of the games : The Art and The Engine. The artistic part is solid, coherent, event if i think the visibility is too much open to give any sense of vigilance, you'll rarely be surprised by what is coming. The Engine... Would it be 2004 i'd say "woaaah", but seriously, for nowadays standards... Good thing the art team did a good job coming up with a very nice result which doesn't require very detailed objects, cause the engine have random frame rate dropouts on computers which are able to run it with 20% of their capacity. The detail level of monsters is low but fine considered they are fitted for their display at screen. It could be better, but the difference wouldn't be that great. The nearly unacceptable point is the players' characters detail. Kind of thing you expect from, let's say, warcraft 3, not a game which was released 10 years later. But otherwise, it's quite pleasant to look at.
    - Music : The music isn't bad in itself. It's about, -standard-. I can't really remember it right now that I'm not in front of the game, not a proof a real quality, but it's ok. Yet, that's one of the biggest let down i had : where's the creepy, heavy atmosphere that was genially crafted by matt uelman? Without the tense atmosphere, and the open views, the dark themed diablo universe loose its purpose, that is, well, being dark, oppressive. It now feels as empty, soulless
    - Scenario : There was one? I couldn't force myself to pay it attention : Since the atmosphere of the game is gone, so is any "immersive" credibility of it's story. It's not it's not here, i just couldn't help being not interested in it. It sounded stereotypical anyway, but whatever, that's not what you search first in that genre. And if you really wonder, most review confirm it as being bad/previsible
    - Gameplay : The most important part of the game. As going on and on with the game, i wished to reach the point when it becomes good. In the end, that point didn't exists. Well, It's flawed in so many ways. I'll just list most impactfull ones. Absolutely no char customisation except items. Ridiculous damage system : All damages are based on the weapon's damage, even wizard's spells. Yea spells with an good humungous 2 handed axe are better than your average wand... There was a tear in my eye once i realized it worked that way in this opus. Reduced and barely chosable skills, because once you eliminate inefficient or useless skills, your builds are quite limited. In fact, the gameplay can be reduced by : "items, items, moar items". That's about it. By time you get what you need, any so called challenge or required strategy will be acquired by stupid griding needed to get your gear up to the requirements. And then comes in all the other things that don''t go in any of theses categories : from the vastly criticised always online system (impossibilities to play sometime, can't play without network, plus i had my share of deaths due to lag in solo games, a stupid thing in itself), the ethically questionable EULA which say you pay for a right of use, and don't own absolutely anything (seems trivial, go search forums and you'll see it's not as soon there's a disagreement with Blizzard), unresellable game, the Pay2Win system with Real Money Auction House, if you don't want to do endless grind in the game.
    To tell you my feel with this game : it's like it was designed in a reverse order : We want a RMAH, so let's design the game so you rely solely on items. Just exping could be waste of that item economy, let's just put a low level cap, and remove any exp loose, and all characters the same, so very soon all the players have to care about are items. Yea that design kind of works. But when you dig it, it sucks. Really. I wish i didn't continue to play for so long trying to find a game experience this game just doesn't have, I could have tried to get a refund then, because thinking i gave them money for an about below average game apparently designed solely around the idea of making money and even depriving the customers from the right to even own what they bought just really doesn't make me happy. Please blizzard, you now earn enough money as it is, now start again to make the awesome games you used to ...
  53. Sep 12, 2012
    Everything i have dreamed for last ten years come true. I dont rely on opinions of people who didnt play diablo 2 hardcore and neither dont understand reviews like "its boring to kill same monsters for months". Huh, i know hundreds of people who like their job and do same things for years! I dont mention diablo 3 is like a favorite job. Opposite, its a favorite hobby for me, and trulyEverything i have dreamed for last ten years come true. I dont rely on opinions of people who didnt play diablo 2 hardcore and neither dont understand reviews like "its boring to kill same monsters for months". Huh, i know hundreds of people who like their job and do same things for years! I dont mention diablo 3 is like a favorite job. Opposite, its a favorite hobby for me, and truly shows what i waited for, and what i live for at the moment. Best game in genre, (action-rpg without expansion pack). Expand
  54. Sep 11, 2012
    The visuals are very good and the overall look is very inspiring, but that's all. The gameplay is quite the same as the other Diablos and other hack and slash games. There are not too many classes and few customization options.
    The major downside is the constant connection required to play the game. It's bad, very very bad. I understand that you cannot play when there is no network available, but the worst is that you need a very fast and stable broadband connection to play smoothly. And that's for the solo part as well as the multiplayer part of the game. So, I can't play solo at home because of the 2000ms lag, which cause my character to attack many seconds after I clicked or be teleported several meters before. A nightmare to play.

No pleasure at all. Avoid at all costs.
  55. Sep 10, 2012
    The game looks great, I love the dark spooky vibe it gives off. The environments are amazing and the game has a truly remarkable story. My first play-through I was excited to see the story unfold, it truly had me captivated. The world is large enough to take you a few hours to see everything. Except the content is much more linear than the previous games in the Diablo series. Once youThe game looks great, I love the dark spooky vibe it gives off. The environments are amazing and the game has a truly remarkable story. My first play-through I was excited to see the story unfold, it truly had me captivated. The world is large enough to take you a few hours to see everything. Except the content is much more linear than the previous games in the Diablo series. Once you beat the game on normal you soon realize how repetitive it will become. Unfortunately end-game is a HUGE grind for gear / gold and paragon levels. I would have to say it's a great game when compared to the competition out there, but I hate the way blizzard is taking their games, especially with the online-only DRM system they have adopted. Expand
  56. Sep 9, 2012
    I've seen a lot of "0" user score and I really don't think that's fair. Diablo 3 got many good features and visuals but lacks in gameplay, end-game and variation. Though the negative clearly beats the positive, I still feel that a solid "4" is a good score for Diablo 3. They simplified too much, we don't have many choices when it comes to spells and stats. The difficulty was horribly done,I've seen a lot of "0" user score and I really don't think that's fair. Diablo 3 got many good features and visuals but lacks in gameplay, end-game and variation. Though the negative clearly beats the positive, I still feel that a solid "4" is a good score for Diablo 3. They simplified too much, we don't have many choices when it comes to spells and stats. The difficulty was horribly done, no extra mechanics, no tactic was needed because it was only a gear-check. And by that I mean, if you had good enough gear, you could just slaughter your way through with ease. And because an Action House existed, the gameplay changed. Now people farmed GOLD to use in the Action House to get the best gear. This game fails on so many levels compared to Diablo 1 and 2. They are releasing some patches which is good don't get me wrong, but I don't think any patch can save Diablo 3. They failed and they know it. Too bad because I was looking forward to this game, but disappointment was all I got. Expand
  57. Sep 9, 2012
    Sept 9 - still a poor game. The problem is you still have to gear up from the auction house or spend real money for it. There is no end game. The drops are itemization is poor for a loot based game. They will never get rid of the constant internet connection which results in rubber banding happening in the game. These negative scores are the real scores the game should of gottenSept 9 - still a poor game. The problem is you still have to gear up from the auction house or spend real money for it. There is no end game. The drops are itemization is poor for a loot based game. They will never get rid of the constant internet connection which results in rubber banding happening in the game. These negative scores are the real scores the game should of gotten instead of the ones by these so called "critics" that gave it an 88. Expand
  58. Sep 9, 2012
    After playing the game it seems like a simplified version of Diablo 2, why has it been dumbed down I dont know but surely they should have just tacked a 3d engine onto Diablo 2 and make more of the same.

We done need World of Diablo we need more of Diablo not a child like cashin.
  59. Sep 8, 2012
    I was always a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, so I went ahead and purchased Diablo 3 for 60 Euro. I found the game rather enjoyable (but repetitive) and hit 60 with a Witch Doctor. Sadly, within a few days of purchasing the game, my account was suspended until 2037 after buying an item off the RMAH. I contacted Blizzard, who didn't respond for 7 days, and they informed me that because I hadI was always a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, so I went ahead and purchased Diablo 3 for 60 Euro. I found the game rather enjoyable (but repetitive) and hit 60 with a Witch Doctor. Sadly, within a few days of purchasing the game, my account was suspended until 2037 after buying an item off the RMAH. I contacted Blizzard, who didn't respond for 7 days, and they informed me that because I had made a purchase with a credit card from a country other than the country registered on the account, my account had been locked. They didn't refund my card though - they kept the money I had loaded onto my account. I have never had such a problem in 25 years of gaming and I feel like they robbed me without a care in the world. I hope their next MMO is a flop and the company dies out after being treated like this. Their support, policy and procedures really lets the game and the company down. Expand
  60. Sep 8, 2012
    - This game is overall ok to play. I would say for a slash and hack style it is the best one out there. But once you get to the last difficulty the game isn't fun anymore.

- The highest level in the game is 60 and the game has 4 difficulty levels, Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno. When I started I started playing I though levelling to 60 is spread onto the difficulty levels and I was shocked that I finished the game at level 30. That means to reach level 60 you have to finish the game 4 times. So boring ..

- This game requires you to have an internet connection,yes for single players ... Meaning if you have a bad internet connection you'd be lagging ... More interestingly if you playing the hardcore mode where if you die you cant recover your hero back. In hardcore mode you need to pray you dont lag or you dont lose your internet connection in serious game encounters. Lag you die you lose your progress .. how sad.

- This game requires you to kill monsters to find better items in order to make ur hero stronger. I spent approximately 400 hours playing this game since release. Where 200 hours I've been playing to find items for my hero at the last level so that it is easier to get better item by killing harder monsters. So 200 hours of nothing, which means you really have to be lucky playing this game. Getting a good item is like winning lottery.. After playing for this long I realised there is no point for me to keep going. I am sure others who are being lucky are having fun though as it is rewarding and you'd want to keep up.

- If you go onto the forums there is really poor support of the game staff where they dont really care about your opinion. - Last suggestion play the game on hardcore mode, but once you finish the it in the Normal Mode that is the first difficulty level, consider you are done.
  61. Sep 7, 2012
    I am forced to give this latest installment of the beloved Diablo series a 2 due to one simple failure: THE ITEMS. They deviated too far from the items we stayed up nights grinding for... The random generator is horrible, the graphics are too WoW-like, and even the pixels on the items are YAAAWWWWN. It doesn't give the same excitement to see the gold letters lying at your feet. TheI am forced to give this latest installment of the beloved Diablo series a 2 due to one simple failure: THE ITEMS. They deviated too far from the items we stayed up nights grinding for... The random generator is horrible, the graphics are too WoW-like, and even the pixels on the items are YAAAWWWWN. It doesn't give the same excitement to see the gold letters lying at your feet. The constant internet connection that is required to play this game is a huge disappointment so I would probably take a point or two off for that if my score wasn't already so low. The game doesn't deserve a 1 or 0 although my frustration certainly makes me want to give it one. Until they do something (else) to make the items more appealing, this game will simply suck to me. After the 10th time getting a "legendary" drop only to find out that because of cruel RNG it sucks beyond what most blue items would be... I have realized this game is just a genuine flop. Too bad it took what, 12 years to get here? Maybe after a couple of years of complaining from their loyal fan-base, Blizzard will listen and make the changes to the game that are truly needed. For this gamer, it's all about the items. Expand
  62. Sep 7, 2012
    The game looked nice, played fantastically, and was very addictive for the first 100 hours or so. Considering I can play through most campaign based games in under 20 hours. After I hit about 200 hours I can't even think about playing. Its core mechanics are overall very great but where Diablo fails is keeping itself new and refreshing. Randomized layouts of the various dungeons is notThe game looked nice, played fantastically, and was very addictive for the first 100 hours or so. Considering I can play through most campaign based games in under 20 hours. After I hit about 200 hours I can't even think about playing. Its core mechanics are overall very great but where Diablo fails is keeping itself new and refreshing. Randomized layouts of the various dungeons is not enough to make this game seem like anything more than running through the same enemies multiple times for items (Although I understand that is the point for some people). The newly added paragon system actually turned me away from the game even more. Patch 1.0.4 added something like 1000+ more hours of gameplay just to reach max level. I don't have the time or the patience to farm some act on some mission for 1000 hours. Having to use the Auction House to progress can also be slightly annoying as it takes away any self reliance. All in all, you'll probably get your money's worth in time played but something about the game makes you feel like you just wasted your time. Expand
  63. Sep 7, 2012
    While I did play the other Diablo games, I honestly tried to look at this game as a separate entity which was made impossible by the continual nods and unnecessary/nonsensical additions of NPCs from previous games. The graphics were cartoony, which didn't fit with the game's theme and storyline (heaven versus hell doesn't scream kiddie to me), the soundtrack was average, the builds wereWhile I did play the other Diablo games, I honestly tried to look at this game as a separate entity which was made impossible by the continual nods and unnecessary/nonsensical additions of NPCs from previous games. The graphics were cartoony, which didn't fit with the game's theme and storyline (heaven versus hell doesn't scream kiddie to me), the soundtrack was average, the builds were oversimplified and rendered making multiples of the same class pointless, the voiceacting sucked for the most part, the storyline was abysmal, there are way too many goddamn cutscenes and I strongly resent someone delegating my stat points for me. The bottom line is that this game has no substance to it and requires essentially no thought to play.

I gave it a good chance, I got a monk to level 60 and nearly maxed out a wizard because I really wanted to like this game. I haven't played for two months and I have no intention of ever playing again regardless of what Blizzard does or does not change.
  64. Sep 6, 2012
    It's obvious that the "professional critics" who wrote this game as favorable are in blizzards pocket. Unless you actually want to repeatedly kill bosses for the .000013 percent that they'll actually drop loot that will benefit your progress, you'll have to buy items in the RMAH. It's a treadmill with a carrot on a stick. Do not buy it or support Blizzard products until they stop rapingIt's obvious that the "professional critics" who wrote this game as favorable are in blizzards pocket. Unless you actually want to repeatedly kill bosses for the .000013 percent that they'll actually drop loot that will benefit your progress, you'll have to buy items in the RMAH. It's a treadmill with a carrot on a stick. Do not buy it or support Blizzard products until they stop raping their own player base. Expand
  65. Sep 6, 2012
    A classic example of trying to build upon a IP, but get lost in the process. It tries to do many things differently but in the end looses what made prior diablos special. Loot and character development.
  66. Sep 6, 2012
    I think any veteran diablo 2 player will spit this game out. It's hardly worth being called diablo in the first place. The story was bad, cain dying was bad. The game simply isn't rewarding at all. Overall the game feels like you being a chinese farmer. I played diablo 2 for years i stopped playing this game after 2 weeks. The fact that you can't go through every act in a single game makesI think any veteran diablo 2 player will spit this game out. It's hardly worth being called diablo in the first place. The story was bad, cain dying was bad. The game simply isn't rewarding at all. Overall the game feels like you being a chinese farmer. I played diablo 2 for years i stopped playing this game after 2 weeks. The fact that you can't go through every act in a single game makes the world very small. The AH completely ruins the game. All my friends have quit diablo 3 cause it feels like hitting a brick wall. I don't understand the buffs and nerfs to all the classes. This is not wow it's ok to be godly. then again perhaps blizzard got some plans for PVP like arena in wow (ruining the game even more) Expand
  67. Sep 6, 2012
    Gave me around 150 hours of "fun" so it was worth its money i guess. But i will never play a game for longer than 2 weeks when i see it IS build around an Auctionhouse and espcially not when it is build around a REAL MONEY ACUTION HOUSE! And the fact is... this game is build around that, anyone who can't see this is just blind.
  68. Sep 6, 2012
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great. - Couple of new features which never did exists on other convention RPG/HnS series before. - Well tested game as it contains almost no bug (at least non which renders the game unplayable) The Bad - Boring leveling system where character skill customization and stats is pretty much next to nil.
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great.

The Bad
    - Unbalanced game play and character progression where is it quite impossible to play the game till Inferno mode without using the auction house (well maybe if you play in groups).
    - Has an in-game economy system which should not exist on Single Play RPG games (I will emphasize on this very often because Blizzard did not market the game as MMORPG as it should be).
    - Item drop rates are very low which leads to dull constant farming run.
    - Once you reach max level on your character you lose purpose to play on (even with the new paragon system). - Low level legendary items have almost no impact to the game because it's somewhat impossible to find, thus you can only acquire them mostly on AH again. This makes the items meaningless unlike DII where you will constantly change gears which you find on your own.
    - Quests are very linear, guided and not very rewarding. One simple accomplish them to progress the game unlike DII where you get unique services (item imbue) or items (stat books)
    - Part of the game story and monsters are very much retold/reuse from previous games in the series which is extremely dull because players would want something new and surprising. Even map themes are a copy from DI and DII.
    - Requires constant internet connection to play (sometimes lag spikes appears and kills you)
    - Blizzard controls and locks players freedom to play. Gives players pressure to farm for items and gold for progression itself alone which is annoying and no fun for a game! All these should be optional on how a players wants to play. This is a problem with Blizzard these days. They simply dishes out how things should be and expect everyone to follow blindly. - Open maps are very static and even though dungeons are random generated each time it's relatively very similar.

Tonnes of other stuff which I find difficult to put into words but this game just doesn't have what it takes to attract me to play at all. Even the achievements are ridiculous. It just feels dull and have no purpose unlike it's predecessor.

To sum everything up (for those who are lazy to read), this game is definitely not worth the price/time and it is simply living on the legacy of its predecessor. I can't say the game is repetitive because I once did a 4 hours run on Mephisto in DII. No idea why I did that (for items or for the sake of leveling) either way, this game just don't seem to have the same attraction.
  69. Sep 5, 2012
    I made a account on Metacritic ONLY to make a rating for diablo 3. I usually come to Meta critic before purchasing a game just to see how it was rated in the gaming industry. Time to get down to business. The games graphics are great. When I mean great. Amazing physics, amazing design. That is the only thing this game has going for it. The auction house is garbage. The filters for findingI made a account on Metacritic ONLY to make a rating for diablo 3. I usually come to Meta critic before purchasing a game just to see how it was rated in the gaming industry. Time to get down to business. The games graphics are great. When I mean great. Amazing physics, amazing design. That is the only thing this game has going for it. The auction house is garbage. The filters for finding items blow terribly. The group making is disgusting. You find your self leaving parties left and right because the players are extremely rude or retarded. ( That is essentially in any game though... ) The game is extremely repetitive. You will be doing the same thing for hours after hours and YOU WILL GET BORED. The only way to beat the hardest parts of the game are by grinding easier difficulties for hours for drops or using the RMA ( Real Money Auction House ) The internet connection around peak hours on Sun and Sat are laggy. There is poor skill selection 2-4 skills will be all you ever use for each class. You can beat the story in about 6 hours of hard play. Long story short.. Dont buy this game they made the game to keep their company from going into the red. You will feel as if you wasted money after purchasing this game. Dont do it. I beg you.

I give this game a 1 raiting just because the graphics are very nice everything else about this game spells a 4 letter word that a dog leaves on your carpet.
  70. Sep 5, 2012
    What's good about it:
    -solid game in the traditional isometric-view rpg style PC sense (if you like torchlight, dungeon siege series, fate, or titan quest, then this is the game for you. you can't go wrong with that if you are a fan of those series)
    What's bad about it: -real money auction house (it's quite obvious Blizzard wants to make tons and tons of money off it, as if the
    What's good about it:

What's bad about it:
    -real money auction house (it's quite obvious Blizzard wants to make tons and tons of money off it, as if the initial game sales are not enough to please their greedy corporation!)
    -unfinished. even at the time of this writing (3 months after game is deployed), a lot of aspects of the game continues to be changed. it is likely the game will be better over time with the changes, but as of this moment, i feel a lot of the aspects in the game is not finished, like i'm still playing some kind of beta.
  71. Sep 5, 2012
    Disappointed to say the truth. To have lag and login issues ina single player game it's just terrible. DRM for this game is insane. very boring gameplay . Especially when it's not that great a game. It almost looks browser based. I tried to like it, but since I can't even play it when I want to, it lowers the score even more for me. the story is short and not engaging at all.
  72. Sep 4, 2012
    There isn`t much to add to what have been said here. The game overall deserves a 7 tops. But, there are so many wrongdoings, that the player base cannot pass over. I have borrowed a friend`a account, that went berserk after spending 60 euros on a game which offers mediocre game play and a slightly above average story. The 3.8 user score vs the 8.8 critic score says a lot about the PR thatThere isn`t much to add to what have been said here. The game overall deserves a 7 tops. But, there are so many wrongdoings, that the player base cannot pass over. I have borrowed a friend`a account, that went berserk after spending 60 euros on a game which offers mediocre game play and a slightly above average story. The 3.8 user score vs the 8.8 critic score says a lot about the PR that blizz have (also the money they sit on). After Starcraft 2, I made the right decision not to buy any other blizz games until the prove themselves to be worthy of my money. I was right with D3. And we want the option to play sp offline if we want to. We aren`t borrowing the game from the designers, we are buying it. That entitles us to use it offline too. A long fall for blizz 4/10 Expand
  73. Sep 4, 2012
    Overall this game feels really lacking, and let me down on my high expectations. The only reason I wont rate it 1 is because I still believe Blizzard can improve the game by +2/3 points and make it a "time killer" game. No offline mode (always online DRM), unresponsive servers which wont let me play for a game I payed, repetitive mechanics and no depth. The only thing that would add isOverall this game feels really lacking, and let me down on my high expectations. The only reason I wont rate it 1 is because I still believe Blizzard can improve the game by +2/3 points and make it a "time killer" game. No offline mode (always online DRM), unresponsive servers which wont let me play for a game I payed, repetitive mechanics and no depth. The only thing that would add is Inferno which would make your all the time decisions important, but is totally turned to a pure gear farm with no skill required but having money to buy them on the auction or try grinding them on the same bosses over and over again. I score it a 2 because the first impression was good for me (didnt buy game on release and was lucky to not have server issues... initially), which totally changes after playing a few hours. Also the tree skill system has been "replaced" for a rune system which does not make over it, and feels like a small impact on each individual skill. Skip this game, there are way better options for the same price. Expand
  74. Sep 4, 2012
    The game is not bad it is great the first couple of hours then it gets really boring, The music is great, the graphics look awesome on max settings, the combat is great even though the game favors ranged classes over melee, all classes are fun to play, the dungeons are random so you at least get something different every time you visit one. Those are the strong points of the game, now forThe game is not bad it is great the first couple of hours then it gets really boring, The music is great, the graphics look awesome on max settings, the combat is great even though the game favors ranged classes over melee, all classes are fun to play, the dungeons are random so you at least get something different every time you visit one. Those are the strong points of the game, now for the bad ones, the story is very predictable, the game feels so short... you have to play on higher difficulties to get your money's worth, so you have to go back and play the same story until you get to Inferno, when the game becomes a grind for gear or for money to buy gear.

I had a lot of fun my first play-through which lasted around 2 days, it started to get boring after that, i don't see a reason to play this game anymore, it's a lot of fun to play with friends but other than that it gets boring soon. If you are expecting an experience like the one D2 delivered, you will not find it here, they stripped the game of all the difficulty, even on Inferno, i've found myself dying to enrage timers more than lack of skill, the game forces you to grind for gear or buy from the real money auction house. Unless you don't have anything to do and like spending all your time doing mindless unrewarding farming don't buy the game, even with the new paragon system the game feels like a chore, really boring.
  75. Sep 4, 2012
    Not very good. I found diablo 2 rather boring but I thought diablo 3 would be different. It's not though. usually in most games you follow a story until you reach max level and then have some endgame content. Well, in Diablo 3 the only thing you can do is replay the same story FOUR TIMES! Exact same story, exact same monsters, areas, etc. Then there is the gameplay, also very boring, aNot very good. I found diablo 2 rather boring but I thought diablo 3 would be different. It's not though. usually in most games you follow a story until you reach max level and then have some endgame content. Well, in Diablo 3 the only thing you can do is replay the same story FOUR TIMES! Exact same story, exact same monsters, areas, etc. Then there is the gameplay, also very boring, a complete spam fest Expand
  76. Sep 4, 2012
    I'm rating 1/10 because that's the general consensus of most players who bought this game. Yes, D3 to date is the fastest selling PC game but it has also had the retention rate of a prostitute with herpes. If you're looking for a quality title in the ARPG genre check out "Path of Exile" which, even in it's closed beta state, is still much more enjoyable than Diablo III ever was.
  77. Sep 4, 2012
    What a let down... After playing the first two iterations of Diablo, the entire world paused on bated breath for the release of Diablo 3. Blizzard released an incomplete game. They are using their customers as beta testers for a game that shouldn't have been released until it was actually finished.

First and foremost, it has been 4 months. The promised player vs player functionally is still missing. Where are the arenas and leader boards we were told of? Blizzard has put all their attention towards the Auction House, more specifically the Real Money Auction House (RMAH. More on this later). Any type of competitive play is now secondary. We have not been given any timeline or date to when this will be available.

Blizzard has strategically prepared the Auction House so players who can't find the right equipment for their character have a means to get such equipment. Since less than 1% of the equipment dropped from enemies is actually useful, you'll be using the Auction House for everything. Herein lies one of the fundamental problems of the game. Unless you are ridiculously lucky or willing to gold "farm" hours on end, you will be unable to pass the latter parts of the game. Of course Blizzard has a solution. Just enter your credit card number. For the reasonable fee of $250.00(USD) you can be the proud owner of a virtual weapon/armor that would normally drop 0.00001% of the time. Blizzard made sure one of first features to go online was the RMAH. They are more concerned with lining their pockets than actually making a game that is playable.

Another major flaw in the game is that there truly is no point to play the game. There is absolutely no end-game. Aside from hours of repetitive gold farming or hoping for that one in a million item drop, there is nothing to do. They could have implemented some type of endless dungeon, added some leader boards (total game time to pass Inferno), provided some type of player vs player or a boss rush mode.
  78. Sep 4, 2012
    The luster begins to quickly fade as the game's soul seems to be as absent as it's namesake's. While a great attempt at recreating what made it's predecessors so successful, this game is bogged down ultimately by one thing, the Auction House.

What made Diablo fun, was the excitement of finding new and unique gear, and the auction house has taken that hunt away from players. The best gear is flooded into the market and players are transported far beyond what they normally would find. Then, instead of a major upgrade every few hours of play, all the player has to look forward to is a minor one, every few days.

The real money auction house has done even worse. It has made balance more important to the developers than the feeling of power that made Diablo so much fun to play. If you find a great way to slaughter the denizens of evil within the world of Diablo, you can count on the developers "fixing" it, to protect the balance of the auction house.

Perhaps it can be salvaged into something close to it's predecessors, but not likely while the auction house remains.

Let's hope that it becomes clear to the developers. Lets hope they are humble enough to listen and hear. The game has potential, but it hasn't reached it yet.
  79. Sep 3, 2012
    Unfortunately, the vast potential this game had and still has, got wasted without care by Blizzard.

This review is written on my impressions since release until now. (Patch 1.0.4) Even though Jay Wilson himself stated that "D3 is a loot based game", 99% of the items you find are not usable. This goes to the point where you play the game for over 250 hours and haven't found any

This review is written on my impressions since release until now. (Patch 1.0.4)

Even though Jay Wilson himself stated that "D3 is a loot based game", 99% of the items you find are not usable. This goes to the point where you play the game for over 250 hours and haven't found any upgrade for your character. The implementation of a in-game auction house was not a bad idea in general. Due to the lack of finding good items yourself you are forced to use this machinery, but unfortunately there are big flaws in it, too. Every item you sell on the gold AH receives a 15 % fee, thus even if you find an item to sell, Blizzard takes 15 % of it away. Furthermore, the prices suffered from a severe inflation, which was caused by countless botters that are still botting without enough reaction of Blizzard. Countless websites sell gold now for about one dollar per million, while the starting price for a million was at about 50 dollars. The addition of the real money auction house is nothing but a rip-off. I somewhat understand that Blizzard wants their part of the cake in a game without monthly subscriptions, but when the best items in game can only be afforded with real currency it goes too far. More about the game itself: Boring and repetitive. You have to play 3 different difficulties before you can finally reach the highest difficulty where, in theory, the best items can be found. The funny thing about this is that all different difficulties have the absolute same storyline. Dull and tedious as that is, there is not even more alteration when you finally reach Inferno, the highest difficulty. There you can finally farm for items, but also only one specific chapter in the game for the best efficiency. (Time-input compared to loot quality)

A player VS player option or an endlesshuge dungeon with increasing difficulty could outcome this dullness, but none of these exist until now. The game literally got released in an unfinished state with insane amounts of bugs and possible exploits. Last but not least a huge and unacceptable problem is the lack of communication between developers and players. The diablo forum is literally filled with thousands of posts either complaining about flaws in the game or providing great ideas to improve the game. The feedback is simply ignored. Sometimes easily a week goes by until a Blizzard official posts in the forums, and most of the time the threads that are answered are of no real concern while very important ones that could benefit the game are simply ignored. The lack of communication is also reflected when it comes to game balancing. There were several instances in the game's history where patches were announced that the majority of the community didn't want. Never did Blizzard reconsider their decision or maybe try to find a compromise between player wishes and their plans. When they decided something, it had to be; play the game like they want or don't play it, it seems. The problem with this is, that players, who put a lot of time, effort and in many cases even real money into their characters, one day woke up with a character that has been nerfed to complete uselessness. (When they nerf something, they don't make it fair, the destroy it completely.) In the current state there is one class (Barbarian) which is far superior to all classes in terms of farming efficiency, all other classes have either been nerfed to the ground or were not as good from the beginning. This also encourages players to play only one class and makes the game even more monotone.

All in all I can only give this game a 4 out of 10 in it's current state. There is still potential, alterations like buffing all classes to the state of barbarians, increasing loot quality, implementing content providing variety and listening to the community could help this game reach the state of a all time classic like Diablo 2 was, even exceed this classic. But to be honest, even though I still hope for a change, I highly doubt there will be one, as the new developer team just doesn't seem to care.
  80. Sep 3, 2012
    This game gets old fast. D2 was an amazing game and very much of it's time. D3 manages to get nowhere near it's predecessor. The game is extremely repetitive, more so than other games around at the moment. The model may have worked for Diablo and Diablo 2, but players have come to expect more from video games these days. Once you have played through the game once, like the previousThis game gets old fast. D2 was an amazing game and very much of it's time. D3 manages to get nowhere near it's predecessor. The game is extremely repetitive, more so than other games around at the moment. The model may have worked for Diablo and Diablo 2, but players have come to expect more from video games these days. Once you have played through the game once, like the previous games, you are expected to start again but on a harder difficulty but for me, once I've seen the story, the game is over. It's not something that I can keep doing again and again when I know exactly what's going to happen. Ok game, but probably should have left the series alone. Expand
  81. Sep 2, 2012
    Massive disappointment. In my opinion, the game is centred on the Auction system rather than actual play. If you have a wish to repeat the same actions over and over without reward or have a desire to 'bot'/pay your way to success then this game is for you.
  82. Sep 1, 2012
    I thought the game was pretty good in the start, but the end game content is just sooo boring!
    I still had fun with my friend in the first 10~15 hours.
  83. Sep 1, 2012
    Diablo III is a nice game... but it falls short when compared to its predecessors. The spooky atmosphere is gone, replaced by a cartoonish WOW environment. It guess it was supposed to appeal to a broader audience, but i'm not sure it worked.
  84. Sep 1, 2012
    Horrible horrible horrible. This is not a diablo game, this is a ripoff to make some quick money (that succeeded) off the diablo name. I feel like I've been scammed. I am never trusting blizzard again. If I ever do buy a blizzard game again, which is very unlikely, I will definitively read the user reviews first. Notice I said user reviews and not the bought and paid for "critic" reviews.
  85. Sep 1, 2012
    I played Diablo 2 and much anticipated this game. I loved the single player element, the visual effects and story cinematic's were something magnificent that I will never forget. As a fan I enjoyed this game however I felt it was too short amongst other things which have ultimately left it on the shelf gathering dust whilst Diablo 2 was still being played at this point. In my opinionI played Diablo 2 and much anticipated this game. I loved the single player element, the visual effects and story cinematic's were something magnificent that I will never forget. As a fan I enjoyed this game however I felt it was too short amongst other things which have ultimately left it on the shelf gathering dust whilst Diablo 2 was still being played at this point. In my opinion the fundamental downfall of Diablo 3 was that the developers didn't take enough of the right risks. If there was a focus on more features rather than the testing aspect I would probably be looking forward to logging in tonight. Final word: Fantastic artistic and entertaining game lies within this, its too short and very few will remain to play on, the real money auction house is a bad idea and the normal auction house has the same pitfalls it did in Diablo 2 but its worth the time and money for a short lived cinematic experience to the extent of buying avatar on DVD however very few will remain interested in this dust gatherer. Expand
  86. Sep 1, 2012
    save your money and buy torchlight 2 on steam 15 pounds for torchlight 1 and 2..........................................................................
  87. Aug 31, 2012
    If there is one thing that Diablo 3 can be compared to D2, it's that there is no player versus player. For me, a large amount of time was focused on PvP in D2. As I know there will be PvP in a future update, lack of this installment right limits the replay value of Diablo 3 right now.

That said, all the character classes are different once you are able to use their max potential of skills.
    There is the sadistic barbarian there tears foes apart 1on1 or in the center of crowds.
    The Demon Hunter is an assassin that deals high criticals while lurking in the shadows.
    The Wizard uses arcane magic to freeze, incinerate, or stun the forces of evil.
    The Witch Doctor raises the dead (dogs, bears, frogs, zombies) to provide defense and offense.
    And the Monk focuses on speed and dexterity, making them a very hard target to kill in close combat.

The Boss fights provide a good challenge that requires thinking where the bosses next move will be and watching what traps are on the floor. It can be difficult, but it's not impossible to beat them perfectly

With an already great co-op experience, the only thing left is to have Blizzard let us kill each other with our favorite characters and best gear!
  88. Aug 31, 2012
    On 1st brush, Diablo 3 is a brilliant game. The art work was great. The game engine works great and playing it was fun.

They are however 2 things that I think was the downfall for Diablo3. 1) Persistent internet connection: Server problem, maintenance, lag deviate from the experience. 2) Real money auction house: This is I think its biggest problem. Blizzard tries to hide this. But the

2) Real money auction house: This is I think its biggest problem. Blizzard tries to hide this. But the loot system continuously get nerfed when they see a reduction in real money auction house transaction. Instead of having a game with a fun loot system with reasonable legendary drop rate, you have to really either play for a extremely long time to get decent drop or buy it from the auction house. Since loot is really 80% of the game, it has lost it's appeal. The game is no longer design for maximum fun, but maximum profit.

Diablo 2 had so much heart and soul put into it even though it's dated. You know when you are playing the game that the developer's sole purpose was for you to have fun. Diablo 3, not so much.
  89. Aug 30, 2012
    After playing 300 hours I would have to say that this game is a major letdown. How did I get to 300 hours? Well luckily I have friends to play with online. Don't get me wrong, I didn't play the game because I thought the content was amazing ... I played because I wanted somethign to do while hanging out with friends online. This game is not the successor of Diablo 2 (D2). I've played D2After playing 300 hours I would have to say that this game is a major letdown. How did I get to 300 hours? Well luckily I have friends to play with online. Don't get me wrong, I didn't play the game because I thought the content was amazing ... I played because I wanted somethign to do while hanging out with friends online. This game is not the successor of Diablo 2 (D2). I've played D2 for many years and only recently stopped to pick up D3 in hopes that it would be a worthy successor. In short, it is not. The always online DRM kills the experience if you need to take the game with you somewhere. Good items are impossible to find and botters have caused the price of gold to become near worthless, which means you'll only be farming forever to get a good drop. Legendaries don't drop as much as uniques did in D2 and you'll be hard pressed finding them at all. Content is extremely repetitive and I felt that I wasn't really playing the game because it was fun and this is especially true of the new inferno mode. Although I was able to clear all the content prenerf in early June, it still left much to be desired. The game resembles somewhat of a WoW style game and not the D2 we remember. Gone are the days of stat allocation and good builds. Now its all about having THE efficient build and farming as much as possible because you never know when you'll get a piece of acceptable gear. I should mention that in the 300 hours of playtime, I've never found a single upgrade on my barbarian or "hit the jackpot" so to say. In fact all of that gear had to be bought from the AH in order to clear inferno at all. Be wary of this game and if the user scores don't warn you already. Well, you've been warned by my review hopefully. Expand
  90. Aug 30, 2012
    Combat and character progression is fun and make you don't want to stop playing, but it's only until Hell. Inferno is a really repetitive play with objection of finding gears to be sold in Real Money Auction House. The fun is stop until Hell for me. Paragon level update doesn't work well with me, still boring. Crafting is very useless, you better spend money on auction house rather inCombat and character progression is fun and make you don't want to stop playing, but it's only until Hell. Inferno is a really repetitive play with objection of finding gears to be sold in Real Money Auction House. The fun is stop until Hell for me. Paragon level update doesn't work well with me, still boring. Crafting is very useless, you better spend money on auction house rather in crafting. PvP is not implemented yet. If you seek for hack and slash game, I recommend you to wait for Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile, or at least until Diablo 3 release the PvP if you still want. Do not be tricked with the Diablo franchise, Diablo 2 and 3 are different. Expand
  91. Aug 29, 2012
    Diablo 3. Where do I begin? When you first start the game, you're immediately greeted by a reminiscent from the World of Warcraft, the login screen. And like in WoW or other MMOs, with the login screen you also get the various login errors. Error 37, Error 3005, and the usual problems with an online game launch...

"Wait! What's that about MMOs? Wasn't this supposed to be a single player

"Wait! What's that about MMOs? Wasn't this supposed to be a single player game?", you ask. Yeah, except you need an always-on internet connection at any time you play the game. "Why?", you ask. Because of the online DRM, and the Real-money Auction House, and... "Wait, what?!" Exactly, but let's not even go there just yet. The point is, Blizzard had 9 (that's nine) years to develop this game, several stress tests during the beta, and their experience with WoW launch - one would think, to hone and polish everything. Turns out nothing went as expected because even two weeks(!) after the launch, the servers were still having problems and people couldn't log in or play the game they had paid for, two weeks ago. Okay, the worst problems were fixed afterwards, but that was a good reminder of why you should not have an online DRM forced into a game, unless it's really, really necessary. But in a single player game!? That's madness!

Ok, we get it. Because Blizzard decided to implement the Real-money Auction House into Diablo 3, they needed a way to secure their asses and make sure the game or items sold in the AH would not get tampered or changed in any way. That's alright - if this was a MMO online game! But it's not! Diablo has always been a single player game (featuring a co-op mode). We don't need to be online at all times. We don't need the Real-money Auction House (What kind of idiot would pay real money for virtual game items, anyway?), and we don't need the always online DRM! Madness! That's madness, and greed!

But wait, that's not all of it. The worst part is, the game is boring! Yeah, it's hack-n-slash dungeon crawling, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the story, and the content. It's boring, predictable, and short! You can finish the game in 4 hours and it starts to repeat itself really fast. Everything after the Act 1 is just bad. There simply is not enough things to do! No character to customize, because the choices are made for you. No skills to choose, because you unlock them all with no effort. Nothing to achieve, nothing to gain, except farm better items... No, wait! You can buy them from the Real-money Auction House... Sigh!

There is also the graphics thing, and many more design flaws.. eh, choices, where Blizzard could've and should've improved the game, but they didn't. Instead, they took away all those things that made Diablo and Diablo 2 fun and challenging, and added things we didn't need in the first place. I guess that's what happens when you kick out the original developers and make a whole different people with no experience or proper vision of the previous games to design a sequel to one of the best game franchises ever. (And this is not to put down or belittle the developers skills, only to say the game you made was not the one the customers expected, or were made to expect.) Or, perhaps it could be because nowadays at Blizzard, it seems, the people who get to decide about things, are more interested in whole lot of other things (namely, money) than the enjoyment and excitement for games and entertainment, they once did. Things have been going downhill ever since the Blizzard became the ActivisionBlizzard.

I honestly in my right mind can't imagine how the majority of professional game critics gave this game a 9 or 10! Were you paid or are you just mindless ass-kissers? I'm giving it a score of 1, for the Act 1. Everything else was crap. (Nine years, Blizzard!)

TL;DR: It looks like a Diablo, it plays like a Diablo, but it is not a Diablo! This game might just be the biggest scam in modern video game history. If you love Diablo and value your time and money, avoid this game. If you are looking for a spiritual successor to Diablo, try Torchlight 2 (from the original Diablo team) or even a free game, called Path of Exile.
  92. Aug 29, 2012
    The first playthrough of this game is all you need. There is nothing new after you have played through normal mode except numbers are tweaked higher per difficulty to provide more of a "challenge". Normal mode for a new player might take 10-15 hours to complete. For an experienced player, this can be done in less than 4 hours, which shows you how small the game really is.

I forced

I forced myself into a mindless grind upon reaching Inferno mode. The quest for "epic gear" is addictive, but it is NOT FUN. If you persevere at this level, you will find yourself constantly asking yourself "why am I doing this?". I farmed probably 200m worth of gear, yet every piece of gear that you will wear comes from the auction house - the odds of you finding something useful for your class are so incredibly low that after 500 hours of forcing myself to play this game, I have not found a single item that is useful to my Demon Hunter.

Endgame can be summed up as: -Repeat Inferno [Act you comfortable with] over and over (maybe an hour worth of content) until your eyes bleed and your brain begs you to stop.
    -Every 5-10 hours you might find a semi useful item to sell on the Auction House
    -Acquire enough gold through sales to upgrade 1/13 slots in your inventory. If you are expecting longevity, stay away from this game. It boggles my mind that I played as long as I did, hating nearly every minute of it.
  93. Aug 29, 2012
    The connection to battle.net drops constantly, forcing unwanted replay. I can't imagine how people feel who have potentially lost hundreds of USD in real money in lost rare loot because of this. This is absolutely unacceptable for an online-only game. By way of comparison, I have lost connection with Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers maybe half a dozen times over the last two YEARS. I'veThe connection to battle.net drops constantly, forcing unwanted replay. I can't imagine how people feel who have potentially lost hundreds of USD in real money in lost rare loot because of this. This is absolutely unacceptable for an online-only game. By way of comparison, I have lost connection with Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers maybe half a dozen times over the last two YEARS. I've been dropped from battle.net at least 20 times so far, and I've been playing Diablo 3 less than a week. Note that EA and Dice haven't been profiting from BFBC2 for about a year and a half, but their servers still function.

Even at the highest settings, the graphics look like they are from circa 2004. The visual art direction does a decent job of painting over this most of the time. This is not really a point of contention for me, because the dated visuals are presumably a tradeoff for rendering 100 baddies on the screen at once. So I can accept the low res.

The voice acting is passable, but the plot and dialogue are retarded. Cretinish. How humiliating must it have been for the voice actors to even pronounce the words in the script? Did the developers write this garbage in their (nonexistent) spare time? Maybe they should have focused on the netcode. And if professionals did write this... just stop. It's 2012. The majority of gamers are grown-ups. We were children when Diablo 1 came out. Now we have discretion and taste, so make art. Let Michael Bay make explosions. I am no Diablo fanboy - Diablo 3 is my first encounter with an action RPG ("RP" used loosely here - more like "limited character progression"). I wanted this to be awesome. Instead it was $60 of lost connections and interrupted games.
  94. Aug 29, 2012
    what can i say...worst have already been pointed out by everyone. being a long time diablo 2 fan, this abomonation came as a huge shock. shame on you blizzard you greedy cash cows
  95. Aug 29, 2012
    About my last review of this game, I did not mean to score it 10. I think around 6 or 7 would be more appropriate, it's a good game, it just doesn't live up to the hype of Diablo 2. Look for Torchlight 2.
  96. Aug 28, 2012
    It's painfully obvious that nobody who worked on Diablo 2 was involved with Diablo 3. Diablo 3 to Diablo 2 is what Terminator 3 is to Terminator 2. It's really sad that this game is so critically acclaimed. Definitely raises questions about the possibily of critic reviews in the gaming industry actually being nothing more than paid advertising.
  97. Aug 28, 2012
    A lot of people seem to hate this game, and I agree with the masses. Truly, truly terrible. It is a pointless clickfest, where you run around killing stuff for no apparent reason. Some "pointless clickfest" games can be really, really fun, but Diablo 3 is not one of these games.
  98. Aug 28, 2012
    The game is a garbage and a disgrace to the original Diablo from Blizzard North, the WoW devs that made it strip the game from all the elements that make so enjoyable the first 2 games, my advice? avoid at all cost!
  99. Aug 28, 2012
    Alot of people knock this game because it's not D2 with updated graphics... Game has some flaws but every new patch addresses these issues and the game only is getting better.

The people rating this game a 0 are WoW players and console gamers who have no clue what the Diablo series is about....
  100. Aug 28, 2012
    I was and still am a huge Diablo fan. This game called Diablo 3 however is not what i was expecting. On my first play through through Normal difficulty it felt like what I wanted and waited for. When I realized a new difficulty was coming I started thinking about what i had achieved. A few levels and some skills. I hadnt found anything and didn't really find anything worth noting. "This isI was and still am a huge Diablo fan. This game called Diablo 3 however is not what i was expecting. On my first play through through Normal difficulty it felt like what I wanted and waited for. When I realized a new difficulty was coming I started thinking about what i had achieved. A few levels and some skills. I hadnt found anything and didn't really find anything worth noting. "This is just norm so I cant expect much anyways" so on I went. through nightmare, and hell... still nothing? Ok so maybe inferno is where its at... problem is I cant find anything there either. Stuck in act 1 inferno and still nothing? Come on you cant be serious. Grind a 20 hours in inferno difficulty and still nothing? Really? Auction house? Really? So many rare drops and none are useful? Nephalem Armor for a Magic Find buff and still nothing? Magic find caps? Attack speed cut in half? Limits on how I want my Character to work? What happened to our Diablo? Surely the man who's brainchild Diablo was didn't screw me over did he? Nope he did not, some new dick and his team did. Yes I had fun just rushing through the easy norm, though I had fun because I had hoped that when it got really difficult I would be able to really customize, learn some tricks from others and/or develop my own. Get my hands on some decent gear and learn my way through it. Not auction house my way through it. This is a hack and slash game but it isn't Diablo. Its something else entirely. It can be fun, until you realise you are completely dependent on someone ELSE finding or buying what YOU need and selling it for cheap. The skills are awesome, pretty, and explosive. Satisfying to unleash though not all are even worth a second glance. If you know this type of game then you know just by reading the skill's description whether you want it or that you will never consider it. You kinda just wonder *Why would I use that?* Graphics are acceptable but not the type of graphics I would think a 12 year in-the-making game would sport. They do get the job done. After many many hours of playing and realizing over time how unlike Diablo this new *Diablo* is I have to give this a 1. I feel like I'm playing a Diablo 2 knock-off. My respect for the franchise was High. My Dislike for this game runs so much deeper than *how hard it is to find items*. I enjoyed years of Diablo 1, 2, and LoD. They made you feel like that one Item that would turn you into a god was one Baal run away and you were driven. This game drives me nowhere. I'm uninspired and unimpressed. Now that I know what I know now, I will follow David Brevik's path. Jay can suck it. Thanks for nothing dick. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012