3.9

1. Jul 30, 2012
    Ah product where all the work is for the ah.
    i doesn't deserve the "name" game.
    In the past, blizzard was Blizzard. Today, it's just a common company which is selling videogames because it gives more money than a broom.
    Biggest disappointment in my gamer's life.
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    I got lots of fun out of this, playing hardcore and only hardcore. But after round about 500 hours i cannot find any motivation to even log in.
    Now, that is an aweful lot of time. So the game can't be bad, can it ?

No, but it could've been on hell of an uber-game with some little tweaks.
    If they had only realized, what made D2 so succesful in the first place, like diversity in builds,
    no stupid free respecc, no real hard lvl cap, smart itemization and the list could go on for quite some time.
    Everything here is just way too simplified to be fascinating in the long run.
    Bummer.
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a mediocre hack and slash game with little to no character customization and an insultingly short campaign offering nothing out of the ordinary. Neither the gameplay nor the presentation brings anything new to the table, if anything the game brings less then you would expect from a hack and slash game since the game is devoid of any kind of pvp or characters customization that we have come to expect from the genre. The fact that i completed the entire campaign in a day with my friends could be forgiven if 10 hours it took was quality time. But no, the level design is pretty generic except for a few impressive backgrounds and a big part of the main quest feels like filler if anything. So in the end what you get from Diablo 3 is a mediocre action rpg with one of the worst drms i have ever had the misfortune to use. There is some serious problems when i cant advance in my single-player campaign because of stressed out blizzard servers. Stay away from this one. The sound-effects is pretty good though, i give them that. Expand
  4. Jul 30, 2012
    After a couple of month of playing I have to re-review the game. Total score 5. The game is the least fun of the 3 games of the saga, with very poor plot - linear and very simple game mechanics - decent graphic - decent music (nothing extraordinary) - very short story. In summary nothing to compare to its predecessors. In a view month it became tedious.
  5. Jul 30, 2012
    After 200 hours of playing, I extremely disapointed bye that game. Big fan of the number 1 and 2, this opus is just made for let Blizzard earn more money with the auction house. All the spirit of the serie is broken with that game and the communication of blizzard is awfull...
  6. Jul 30, 2012
    The game that will have caused me to boycott all future Blizzard products, whereas I bought all of them + expansion packs since Warcraft 1 : - Underdimensioned network infrastructure at start while Blizzard knew it : they did not want to invest too much in infrastructure thinking of the fact that some people would leave after a few months
    - Hidden DRM with the obligation of playing online
    while playing alone - hence making hardcore mode subject to disconnections
    - Obligation of buying a Blizzard Authenticator to take part to the RMAH : hidden cost that wasn't stated at the beginning
    - Awful communication from a company who clearly have seen its level of attention for the community with the increase of its bank account.

I planned to buy heart of the swarm + mists of pandaria, my money will now go to smaller and independent game companies who care for their customers.
  7. Jul 30, 2012
    Que dire sur Diablo 3 ? Un jeu qui avait des possiblités et dont certains espèrent qu'il en a encore. Il faut dire que le jeu avait pas mal de qualité : license diablo, d'assez bon graphismes, une ambiance pas trop mal, des sorts sympas, 5 perso assez différents. Mais passé les 10 premières heures de jeu, le charme commence à s'estomper.

Arrivé en cauchemar, les mobs ne lootent plus rien, en enfer, c'est pire et en armagedon, c'est juste risible.

Le petit quelque chose qui faisait que le farm était gratifiant dans la série diablo n'est plus. On en est réduit à farmer de l'or. Il y a bien plus de déception que d'excitation à identifier un objet. Et je ne parle même pas de la quasi déception de droper un item épique. Quant aux items de set, n'en ayant jamais dropé, je ne peux pas vraiment dire quel sentiment cela inspire ...

Les loots ne suivent pas la progression du personnage ce qui rend l'HV obligatoire si on ne veut pas très vite s'ennuyer. Toute leur stratégie est malheureusement basée sur cet HV qui induit un drop rate très bas et des items totalement incohérents. Mais sans ce système, l'HV regorgerait de trop bons items et n'aurait pas de sens ... L'HV a donc pourri le jeu et le plaisir de farmer.

Autre problème de taille selon moi, ce sont les maps presque vides ... Il m'arrive très souvent de parcourir 20, 30 sec de la map non découverte sans croiser un seul monstre. Et quand on en trouve, ce sont de **** packs de grand maximum une dizaine de monstres. En voir plus à l'écran nécessite un event. Jouant barbare dps, c'est un peu frustrant de rencontrer si peu de monstres.

Bien sur la réalisation remplie de bug, les lags, les retours arrière, les cheats, les exploits, les patchs dignes d'un jeu non testé préalablement n'arrangent pas vraiment le tableau noir du lancement ... Bref, voila, ce jeu en lui même ne mériterait certainement pas un 3/10 s'il n'avait pas été un diablo. Mais vendre un jeu sous une license implique forcemment d'être jugé par rapport à celle-ci. J'attendais bien mieux de diablo 3, je regrette mon achat.
  8. Jul 30, 2012
    This game is a debacle, the obliged focus on the Auction House exponentially increased the effect of the early bugs & cheats, destroying the economy and the Game. The content is VERY limited for a license of such importance and 4 levels of difficulty add just to the "repetitive side" of it. Also, limiting the progress of the character so early kills the interest.
  9. Jul 30, 2012
    Diablo III will remain for me as a potential great game, but a complete fail in fact.
    Transformer's scenario seems good in comparison. I know this is an HnS, but why so bad? Visually correct, not ugly and not beautiful.
    Sound effects are great. Explosion, damages are really impressive. For the music
  10. Jul 29, 2012
    I made an account just to review this steaming pile of S*** of a game. I started playing a few weeks after release, unfortunately I had pre-ordered and was out of the country during launch. I knew the problems people were having but it was too late for my wallet. Well I didn't have too much of the error 37. But wth, this game is so boring, the gameplay is stale, it has hardly any replay-ability. And the auction house absolutely ruins everything, you are wed to it now. There is no reasonable way to progress the higher levels with the AH. Blizzard whored themselves out to cash in on all us devoted fans. 11 years to make this pile of trash! Seriously, if was near Blizzard studios, I would love to just throw my damn boxed edition through a window. Please save your damn money, go get something on steam, at least Valve seems to still do right by gamers. And seriously wtf with the 'Metascore' or score based on Critic reviews, the only useful thing about your website is the fact that users/players can give their score. Either most of these critics are in bed somehow with some gaming companies and favorably review them, or you haven't got a damn clue as to what gamers think, they've missed so wide of the mark on so many of their reviews that I don't think the critic reviews are worth a damn Expand
  11. Jul 29, 2012
    It's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributes you have to exit the game and restart the quest and pray the next lot won't be as ridiculous. Seriously! That's not good game design. Also, some of the poor dialog left me feeling a little let down. The constant over-the-top monologuing by the villains leaves you thinking you are watching a bad anime cartoon and in Act IV Diablo gets a weird metro-sexual accent that leaves him sounding more like a dandy-boy than a bad guy. If he had told me my armor was "fabulous" I would not have been surprised. Very un-Lord-of-Terror like. Maybe Princess of Terror would be more fitting. I know there is an explanation in the story for it but it still sounds quite bad.

My biggest disappointment with the game is not really with Diablo 3 itself but in the way Blizzard treats it's customers and their insane security policies. Diablo 3's game description boasts a RMAH (Real Money Auction House) but neglects to inform potential buyers that you MUST have a cell phone with a contract in order to use it unless you just want useless "Blizzard Bucks". You can't even use the "Blizzard Bucks" to pay for Blizzard services like a WoW subscription. That's not real money. That's utterly useless. Pre-paid phones won't work and Blizzard doesn't even maintain the databases that tell them if you have one or not. My phone is on a contract but the number was once on a pre-paid plan years ago (with a completely different carrier no less) and neither carrier claims they can change the database to reflect the contract status. Blizzard hits that database when I try to tie my phone to SMS Protect and blindly assumes I'm lying and simply tells me I'm out of luck unless I buy a new contract with AT&T. Even then it might not work if I get another number with the same problem (extremely common judging by the posts on hundreds of message boards including their own). Their customer service is useless and all but told me outright I was a loser and needed to get a real phone with a contract (IT IS YOU IDIOTS!). Blizzard relying on third party databases that they don't even control for my account security does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling at all. In fact that's about as stupid as you can get and still convert oxygen to carbon dioxide. The ONLY data they need to reference in regards to my account security should be the data I give them when I set up my account and my authenticator. Period.

Overall I am very disappointed with Diablo 3 and Blizzard in general. They used to be a great company with great games but now they have devolved into something seemingly designed to develop trash and alienate their customers.
  12. Jul 29, 2012
    I played this game for a month solid, I got my money's worth. I plan to play it again when they fix witch doctor pets to be viable in inferno and on PVP release. This game has a future. On line support with no monthly fee is awesome.
  13. Jul 29, 2012
    A. There is no off-line game. I understand why Blizzard did it but I don
  14. Jul 29, 2012
    I would give this game no more than a 6. I have played many diablo games and this one was a cluster F starting with the AH debachle which cost me thousands of real life dollars by delaying it. Screw this game.
  15. Jul 28, 2012
    No offline mode, shallow, repetitive. Too many essential features that should be in at launch are "delayed", coming who-knows-when. Trite, hackneyed plot, boring. Nothing of value here.
  16. Jul 28, 2012
    I must say, rarely do I ever pick up a game for $60 and within a few hours put it down and never play it again, simply because it just hurts to much to do such a thing. So I always try and look for a few positives in a game; however, Diablo III is just that bad. I was a huge fan of the first two games in this series, but this game wrecked it...no wait, take that back, obliterated it. This is quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever played. It's linear as hell, the story is terrible, the graphics are...I'm not even quite sure you can call those graphics by today's standards...I mean honestly guys, there's pixelation in the character selection screen..., the characters have no appearance customization at all...WTF even WoW has that..., and you get bored of the game before you even get to the point of the game, the loot. But wait...there is no point if you can just buy the loot...I mean WTF Blizzard is this a job or a video game, because I don't remember an interview. I mean hell, even cookie cutter CoD I wouldn't give a zero, at least I get to shoot at **** to ease my pain and frustration from having to play it. Expand
  17. Jul 28, 2012
    I remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find out that the game is awful. Terrible story, totally screwed up loot, lots of bugs and bad graphics. I can't express how tricked I feel.

This game is by far not worth its name. Maybe our mind would be different if this game was just a no-name, it's still not that bad after all, but this is not an ordinary one - it's descendant of one of the most important series in all time and as such, we had right to expect something much, much better. Shame on you Blizzard!
  18. Jul 28, 2012
    Very good game up till Inferno. Story Sucked major balls bad voice acting Character depth isn't even there you really don't care what happens to them.. End game is just a fat gear grind with Poor loot very poor loot. Graphics are OKAY not top notch but they are a bit pretty the keyword is BIT

Too much of a WoW clone really awful don't buy it.
  19. Jul 28, 2012
    I will not complain: 200 hours of playing were every cent of this game worth. But I have to admit, that everyone who loved D1 or D2, actually will hate this game. It's not because of any graphics, sounds or even the balance. It's simply because of the feeling, being punished for playing. The loot is horrible, some of the monsters are pretty unfair - not difficult to solve - simply just unfair. Won't buy the next Blizzard game for sure, D3 is just a big disappointment. For people who don't know D1 or D2 and don't want to play inferno, it may be a good game but even then just rated a 6, maybe 7. Expand
  20. Jul 28, 2012
    Honestly diablo was a big let down for me, it really felt like blizzard was rushed by the heads of activision to sell this game on time and so they cut corners. it seems like i spent 60$ on a beta.
  21. Jul 27, 2012
    Let me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven't released any plans for any other endgame yet... But they have stated they have some prospects. I wouldn't get my hopes up given their track record since release.

Item grinding, at ridiculously low drop rates (lower than d2), is their current version of endgame and the drop rates have taken into account their RMAH and GAH (real money auction house; gold auction house) systems. What's even worse is that upon the low droprates of say, a legendary, you also have to hope RNG shows you love on property rolls on that item.... For EACH property. With that being said, don't plan on progressing in this game alone.... And with that being said don't plan on playing this game in multiplayer, because the game becomes heavily lopsided so punish multiplayer games, unless you and your team are ridiculously geared and skilled and have plenty of time to waste. Instead of progressing yourself, you will mainly find yourself farming gold, not items, for auction house progression.

The game was released in online mode only to protect the players from botting, hacks, etc but that promise fell through as bots have already ruined the economy and continue to run rampant, exacerbating inflation. Simply put, the online mode only, that is required, only protected Blizzard from people playing with pirated copies instead of protecting all parties involved.

The dev team is very poor about the implementation of fixes, the game is riddled with bugs and exploits from an extremely limited beta testing phase. Truth be told, this game is in a paid beta state and that's me being nice.

To make matter worse, Blizzard upholds their reputation to cater to the general playerbase skill level, so hardcore people and elites need not apply. Inferno mode, the original difficulty intended for "the few skilled and dedicated players" was nerfed less than a month after release. And not a well thought out nerf either, a "everyone can now do this" type nerf. Nerf nerf nerf, that's all this game has been so far. Simply put, this game is fun for maybe 100 hours. Anything more is a job. You can be the judge of if you want to spend 60$ on it for that kind of time. However, past that the game is quite terrible. Other than having nice graphics it has nothing really going for it. It's just a game with multiple WoW systems implemented and a Diablo name stamped on the box (for sales).

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  22. Jul 27, 2012
    Diablo 3, beautiful game, captures the Diablo 2 experience with smoother game and leveling. However, it keeps dropping the connection. Even after opening the ports that they tell you, you may find yourself having to repeat the game OVER and OVER again. Why, in a single player mode game, you need ot be online and subject to disconnects that cause you to repeat a map is beyond me.
  23. Jul 27, 2012
    Apart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the right to sell it at all ! ! not even at 1$. Probably the worst Blizzard product ever. Stay away. Expand
  24. Jul 27, 2012
    Bad uniques, bad set items, no crafted items, no eth items, no jewels, no runes, no charms, no runewords, generally bad loot tables, smith not balanced, juwel guy not balanced, enemies not balanced, kite n run instead of hack n slay gameplay, no gameflow at all between act 1 and 2 inferno, bad balance of classes and skills, no pvp at all, steady serverproblems combined with no offline singleplay mode, chat bots, ingame bots, auctionhouse bots, exploiters that made billions and billions of gold worth ten thousands of dollars ruining the auctionhouse market. Take this list. Apply it to a game. Rate the game. Do it honest. Expand
  25. Jul 27, 2012
    Terribly disappointed: the game is too simplistic. Would be ok for 10 year old casual gamers, but I'd like to be able to customize my character, rather than having it auto-level, auto-skill building, auto-upgrading, auto-everything.

For Diablo4, program an option to auto-move, auto-attack and auto-loot, and I'll go have a beer while my computers plays on its own.

Besides, Blizzard is
    working much more on their auction house than on improving the quality of the game. Greed everywhere. Bye bye Blizzard, you just lost a customer (several thousands if not millions, actually).

Graphics are good, by the way...
  26. Jul 27, 2012
    I was really looking forward to playing this game, installed it, and I pressed play. Now, the cinematic videos are visually spectacular, but, the thing that really does bother me is the click this, click that style of controls, and I can't change it. Unfortunately, really addictive, I could barely move my index finger for hours after I stopped playing. A true disappointment, it lacks some things from its previous titles. I have not a clue how this sold 3.5 million copies when it was released on its first day. I don't think their next title will do so well... Expand
  27. Jul 27, 2012
    After roughly 100 hours game play I can say D3 is a huge disappointment. Blizzard did nothing to innovate game play or graphics and instead focused on a money making machine. Playing through the same exact tedious storyline to get your character to max level then once more to get the max level gear is mind numbing. The real money auction house wouldn't be so bad if GOLD SALES weren't legal causing non cash spenders like myself to feel HUGE inflation. All in all I think this game was an atrocity to the title and to gaming in general. Expand
  28. Jul 27, 2012
    Server Issues aside, this game lacks the "game"

Normal/Nightmare are a mindless faceroll against mindless AI, with boring items dropping all the way,
    that is, each item has 1-3 stats on it. To increase your damage, you need your class's primary stat; there's really no need for any amount of defensive stats in these "difficulties". Delves on stats are so low that Critical Hit Chance,
    Critical Hit Damage, Thorns, and Increased Attack Speed are irrelevant

The story bland, while that is not a big deal, it becomes one when it is forced upon the player repeatedly. There are no options to automatically skip the cinematics or the numerous ingame scripted events that play. For some time I wasn't even aware you could skip the scripted ones. That said, the play is very, very linear, and the area you ocupy is completely dependent on the quest you choose to do. The free roaming aspect is just about completely removed from Diablo, as well as randomized maps gone. The only aspect of "random" left, is the placement of entrances on a static zone, and monster spawns.

Each Act is literally half the size of previous, so I have to question what they were doing for 10 years...

Many things shown in videos prior to release, such as PvP, currently are not present in the game, Patches and hotfixes are biased towards the AH/RMAH, while anything they do throw at the game itself is Nerfs to beneficial mechanics, such as Magic Find working on enviromental objects, the spawns of Treasure Chests, gold drop amounts, even a flat 50% cut to the Attack Speed bonus on items....ONE DAY AFTER THE RMAH GOES LIVE. What they did buff was repair costs .

Inferno itself is bad design; the "difficulty" is artifical, in that your ability to complete the content is 95% gear based, without exaggeration. It is even announced on the official forums that the hitboxes of your character are oversized, because they did not want you dodging things, because it "is not fun", and is intended by desgin not to be possible to weave in and out of attacks. That said, the range on melee from monsters is rediculous. Once an animation starts, you can expect to be regardless of where you are on screen when it lands. This particular issue is worsed by latency, which yes, is attributed to server issues, but I suppose I make this more in reference to Always Online, and the lack of availability of a suitable connection to many.

Many of the supposed reasonings behind making the game Online Only failed, among them being stopping botters, or preventing hacks .

More on the Gear Check issue, once you meet the requirement, Inferno is Hell all over again, literally.
    It wouldn't be such a large issue if Inferno really was optional, which technically it is, except the only reason left to play the game is to make money off of the RMAH or continue gearing up, both of which lead you to Inferno, which in turn has deplorable drop rates on decent gear. I refer to decent gear as gear which is sustainable to getting you through the content of Inferno, and it does not drop at a practical rate, at all.

To progress through Inferno, you rely on the AH, because you cannot obtain your gear on your own without devoting obscene amounts of time into the game. This would be acceptable, if it were limited to Godly/High Tier items. But this is for stuff just to clear the content, it does not drop on a typical set of runs.

Moreover, when Blizzard announced the droprate increase to higher item level gear, they didn't bother to mention they completely gimped the chances of it being useful; that is, minimum values on given Affixes were lowered, and the likelyhood of rolling more Affixes themselves was reduced.

Following 1.03, there have been many unannounced changes to the game, such as the reworking of Magic Find; an updated page on said stat was located on 7/21, but it was unannounced

Now assuming this was not a change, then their claims that Magic Find worked exactly as it had from Diablo 2 were lies.

Back to the issue with Inferno, there are bizzare combinations of Affixes on Elite/Champion packs, that are outright horrible design.

From CC locking to being Invulnable, naturally fast mobs having a Fast affix, Jailer locking you in pools of hazards, running from an enemy only to be Vortexted straight back to it, mash your cooldown to escape only to have it Teleport straight to you

There are many problems, but there are over 3000 other reviews available here that cover all thse things are better than I am willing to.

As a typical game, I'd rate 4/10, but since they slapped "Diablo" on it, and continue to run it into the ground with each new patch, 1/10
  29. Jul 26, 2012
    Playing over 300 hours, and most of the time is replaying act 1 Inferno for better loots or gold. Seriously replay value is only to find way to beat all kind of affixes monsters @ different act. Multiplayer is terrible with rubberbanding lantency. And the musics remind me SC1........seriously.....
  30. Jul 26, 2012
    Don't buy this game. This game was released incomplete and improperly tested. Story/characters/dialogue is corny, cheap, and cheesy. Loot is boring and unrewarding. You'll farm for hundreds of hours for 99% trash. The "Player-driven" economy has been completely destroyed by cheaters. Exploits, bots, hacks, and scams are widely used, and Blizzard does little to nothing to discipline these cheaters. Technical support is almost non-existent. If you are hacked or scammed, Blizzard will write you a generic e-mail claiming there is nothing they can or will do. Graphics and music are mediocre at best. Game mechanics have been completely dumbed-down to a 12 year old's level. You'll breeze through the first 3 difficulty levels then hit a brick wall in "Inferno Difficulty". You'll then be forced to farm for gold for countless hours to use the Auction House where the economy is completely inflated and corrupted. It will influence some to use Blizzard's "Real-money auction house", where you'll literally have to spend hundreds of dollars just to get an edge. CO-OP play is greatly discouraged because of flawed game-play mechanics. Chat channels are completely flooded with spammers trying to sell gold for real money. Community is horrible; forums are filled with angry, disappointed customers; rightfully so. Game-play is only smooth in between "rubber-banding", you'll start walking and it will glitch, pulling your character back to it's original position. Random disconnections take place. No offline single-player mode. No character customization besides gender and dye. Has no replay value what-so-ever. Looked forward to this game for 8+ years; HUGE disappointment. I am simply flabbergasted that Blizzard was capable of releasing such a poor quality game. This game would not have sold so many copies if it wasn't for Diablo 2. Diablo 3 is fun for a short amount of time at first; play long enough and you'll reach all the same conclusions. None of what I said is exaggerated in the least bit. Save yourself the money, the disappointments, and the frustrations. Expand
  31. Jul 26, 2012
    I've had multiple moods throughout this game and I honestly still don't know where I stand on the game. After getting nearly every character to 60 but playing a level 60 of each class I was able to get a fairly good idea of what each class offered and really, this was disappointing. None of the classes really stood out to me in what they specialized in, it just felt more like you were either a glass cannon, a tank, or a bad hybrid until you had a good funding going on. Builds didn't stand out as they once did in Diablo 2, too many useless runes, even useless skills. A high lack of personality in the characters really. That combined with the fact that you were constantly checking out the auction house, it just felt like a soulless game. I tried farming for hours, getting nothing, the odd item I could sell for a decent price but nothing spectacular. Then I tried playing the market, buying good deals and selling them for slightly less than what they were worth and I made good money. I averaged about 2mil a day with maybe an hour of total time put towards it and it was nothing more than checking up on my auctions and looking for deals when I had less than 10 auctions running. I bought my gear and progressed through the game and it was boring. I felt no accomplishment. I still felt vulnerable even though I was fairly over geared for the game. The repair cost change made playing too uneasy. I didn't want to play because I didn't want to risk dying, or should I say, die without a chance. The majority of the time I did die in this game I felt as though it wasn't so much my fault, but more the games fault for throwing too much at me. Too many special affix's going off at once, too many champions right beside each other. Too many overpowered abilities or passives in monsters. It never felt like I had the chance to defend myself and instead it was 'my fault' for not having the gear. The skill system makes it too difficult to react. I don't want to dedicate 2 buttons/skills to a defense when 90% of the time I'm using just 1, but for that 10% when I need the 2nd skill,' I'd rather have Diablo 2's system where that 2nd skill was always available to me if I needed it and kept it hotkeyed near the end. As most people have said, the story is an embarrassment and really I would have preferred to have none at all. The waypoint system is annoying, the stale multiplayer is boring, the chat channels are spammed to hell and empty. To say one is nitpicking is really just an excuse, the game has flaws, many of them. Just because a game is 'decent' doesn't mean we should judge it just on that. The game has a company name, and previous games to back it up that this game should have been great. My call of duty comparison: For those that have played call of duty, this is how I feel they raped diablo. Instead of having 10 custom classes that you can change each time you die, you can only use 1 and have to quit the game to change that class around.

Instead of playing a random map pool, you are forced to play each and every map in a pre-defined order. Instead of many different viable guns in each category, you didn't end up with 1 overpowering one. You ended up with only 1 gun even doing damage while they rest just had flashy affects.

Instead of being able to jump into the game at any point and enjoy yourself, you are at great risk at all times and if you die too much in a match, you will be forced to take a break from the game for 24hours.

Instead of being able to unlock all the guns by leveling up, you must instead pay for the guns with real money and can only get ammo by picking up people with the same gun as yours leftover ammo on the ground.

and I'm sure I could think of more. This is what I feel if call of duty did to it's next game, would be basically an exact example of what happened to Diablo.
  32. Jul 26, 2012
    I was more excited for this game than anybody, waited over a decade for it. Blizzard kept promising how epic and amazing the game was going to be and made it look like they were really interested in making the game the best ever at any cost, and we waited for several years for them to do this. Now that the game is released, we all know that the game is complete crap. I tried to like it so hard that I deluded myself into wasting many hours playing it hoping it would be good. I didn't enjoy any of this time. I still had hope that Blizzard wanted to make it the best game ever at any cost though, and they would just like theyve been saying right? WRONG 34 days after release, just after the 30 day money back guarantee expired Blizzard pulled a bait and switch and then took a poor game and purposefully turned it into one of the most boring games of the decade in an attempt to force you into using the real money auction house and spend more money if you want to enjoy yourself in the game. They nerfed 90% of all item drops in the game, nerfed magic find, removed magic find from chests, nerfed boss drops, and changed the drop quality so it would be almost guaranteed that you won't find anything of value so you can't even farm in a farming game, in an attempt to force you into spending thousands of dollars of more money if you want to get any item at all of value. The game feels like working in a chinese sweat shop now, it was a pure money grab and Blizzard just revealed themselves to the millions of customers that they are shady crooks trying to rob you. Believe every negative review you see this game is the worst of the worst, driven by pure greed. Don't let the title fool you, Diablo 2 was the best game of all time, but this isn't a real Diablo game, it's just a game disguised as Diablo devoid of any and everything fun and wants to rob you of your money so you can enjoy playing it right? Wrong. Even people with good gear are quitting because the game is just horrible. Now almost 3 months after release, the game is completely dead, there are seriously 1-4 people playing in public games in inferno quests. That's not a joke noone is playing. It's a ghost town. And the company that wanted to make the best game ever at any cost? Theyre nowhere to be found in response ot this game. They honestly dont care about it at all it was just a show and a money grab. We've been robbed.

I am a huge Diablo fan, it's my favorite franchise out of every game, book or movie out there. I can't honestly give this game anything higher than a 1 out of 10. It's just so poorly done, was falsely advertised, and they removed all the selling points of the game so they can charge you again for expansions to include what was promised to already be in the title.

If you're a fan of Diablo 2, just realize that Diablo 3 has less than 10% of the content available in Diablo 2 LoD, the story is crap, the writing is crap, gameplay is crap, theres not much to like about the game at all. You're gonna feel deeply unsatisfied if you purcahse this game. I recomend noone goes near this game especially if you are a fan of Diablo. They just want your money, they dont care about their customers. Look into buying Torchlight 2 which comes out soon, made by the developers of Diablo 2. It is a quality game for only $20. Guild Wars 2 comes out soon as well and has no monthly subscription fee I highly recomend this game as well if you want a game you can actually enjoy which wasn't developed strictly to get your money and nothing else. Blizzard is dead. Runic games and ArenaNet are the new Blizzard, support them.

Boycott all Blizzard and Activision games, don't support them with a single dollar ever again. I've never felt this ripped off by a company before The way they pulled this off was just so shady and disrespectful to the intelligence of their customers. They really are crooks dont let them get away with this.

Theres actually hundreds of cons I could list to this game's design but I wont even bother, just dont buy this game period it's the biggest dissapointment in gaming history. The only pro is the graphics look good. Doesnt look like a Diablo game though. Worst game ever.
  33. Jul 26, 2012
    This game is a decant game overall, but not well thought out. It has way to many flaws in the game. The safety of the players is just not there. People have lost loot and real money not only from other players but also from blizz as well. They cover their butts with rules so no one can sue them. There is no skills needed to play this game at all. Don't waste your money nor your time, unless Blizz will fix stuff in the next patch. Expand
  34. Jul 26, 2012
    I hate doing this... I waited a decade for this game to come out. All Blizzard had to do is take D2, update the graphics, create new story and maps, NOT touch the mechanics, and release. I would have gladly played that D3 for another decade... but this... this I stopped playing after 1 month. True, in the grand scheme of gaming, this would make the game a success. Keeping a player playing for 100+ hours is great for an RPG, but not a Diablo game. I should have been able to count my hours played on this game up to the thousands if not ten thousands. Neither I, nor any of my friends are still playing this game. Expand
  35. Jul 26, 2012
    If you loved Diablo 2 then you will hate this game. Top 10 Problems With Diablo 3 -Targeting issues/Hitboxes are too big -No hostile toggle/PK'ing -No pvp at release -max lvl 60, no ladders -No stat or skill points -Battlenet 2.0 -4 player max per game -Cartoonish graphics -real money auction house -Skill user interface -Bad voice acting, outdated chat system, shared magic find

Avoid this game at all costs.
  36. Jul 26, 2012
    Absolutely defiled the Diablo franchise with a failure money-making scheme that modern gamers dread. I grimace at the thought of logging on once again after 300+ hours of game time to just look at the auction house and log off again. The game is stale, boring, has no replay value, no competitive aspects, no linear gear progression, no customization. All of the character builds are pigeon-holed to be completely defensive with 1 or 2 bland offensive spells. Even the maps are boring. This game is extremely poorly made, and what's worse is the staff is completely arrogant and thinks it couldn't be any better. It's an atrocity. Expand
  37. Jul 26, 2012
    To say this game is the best thing ever is completely ignorant. But so is giving it a zero or one because while its greatly flawed it is still a decent but not great game. Especially playing it online with mates. Unengaging story , uninspiring design and pretty dull and repetitive gameplay. Graphics despite the games design i thought were pretty good, generic blizzard games music, didn't quite live up to the series. Expand
  38. Jul 26, 2012
    This game promised so much, but delivered on so little. The first few hours of the game are fun, you feel tremendous slaying all sorts of demons, but after a fairly short time it becomes boring, and at a certain level, it feels more like working than playing a game. There is 0 end game to speak of, the item drops are determined based on the AH, which makes it near impossible to find anything of use if you do not spend countless hours farming. The countless hours I would not mind, if it were fun, like it was in this games predecessor, Diablo 2. The game also currently lacks any form of pvp, and the pvp they intend on adding (4v4 unranked arena pvp) does not sound promising. Any pvp in a game where you can just charge up your credit card to win is bound to have pointless and unfair pvp, even if the games are not ranked. Blizzard really disappointed me with this game. Expand
  39. Jul 26, 2012
    When I first played this game I thought it was quite interesting but after a couple hours later the game became quite repetitive. Although you get skills as you level but its sooo stupid that the characters have so little potential and quite limited. Blizzard should make alternative storylines as you approach different chapters in the game to increase replay. I was hoping that it could give me some challenge but unfortunately it never happened. Expand
  40. Jul 25, 2012
    Game was great until the nerfs started coming in; don't need some faceless corporation telling me how the game should be played andor enjoyed. What's next on the nerf list? Crit damage? Crit chance? Running too fast? Gold pickup radius too wide? Stacking a particular stat too high?

Crafting is a waste of time. I think every aspect of the game is somehow pointing you to the direction of
    the RMAH. Buy with real money to win. Ever heard of a "useless legendary"? Play this game and you will know what it means. Expand
  41. Jul 25, 2012
    Can't say I'm surprised that Diablo 3 turned out to be such a failure. That's what happens when you put a douche like Jay Wilson as director of something as huge as Diablo. Nothing personal against the guy or his double-chin (couldn't resist, sorry), but instead of humbling himself before the previous games of this once reputable franchise, Jay Wilson openly discredit Diablo 2 and its mechanics, alleging that "it was not fun" and that he could make it much better. Kinda unethical talk trash about a product made by your own company I would say, but whatever. Because of his bias towards Diablo 2, most features that made that game entertaining were cut out and we, gamers, received a poorly and uninspired hack&slash loaded with a Auction House made for the sole purpose of filling Blizzard's pockets even more. Now, the game is ruined and there's no patch that could fix the damage. Expand
  42. Jul 25, 2012
    I can't in good conscience recommend this game to casual fans on the previous games. After Blizzard finally addressed the launch connectivity issues, I was eager to get playing. What awaited me was tedious combat, a shallow skill system, and boring loot drops. I spent countless hours playing around with Diablo II, experimenting with the various classes, enjoying the endlessly randomized dungeons. Diablo III has already bored me after 10 hours. I have no interest in trying out the other classes. The dungeons are tedious. The always online requirement is as insulting as the server lag it inspires. I used to think Blizzard could do no wrong, but this title sadly proved otherwise. No amount of updates will change the fundamental nature of the game. Expand
  43. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3. A game i had a lot of hopes for. When diablo 2 was still new and shiny, it was a MUST for me and many of my friend's, i remember before going to school at morning i stopped by a classmate...We played some cow runs and then went to school together, chatting all the way about how good the game is. Enough of that. I'll go trough some pointers about the game.

Story - Most important factor for me when choosing a singleplayer (This game does not have community and playing with friend's is not a benefit since you can only fit few of em)...Well story was bad, very bad...Not just a favorite "good" guy got turned into human like in B-Type Hollywood movie "You guys suck, i save humanity by going weak!" and other one died.

Gameplay & Difficulty - Gameplay was very nice for a while. After i hit lvl 60 i realized i was playing a very polished experience of "run trough everything". It was fun to get exp and unlock new stuff. After 60 rapidly everything is dumbed down. You don' get experience, you don't get new skills, no attributes and only way to progress you'r character is to get more items. I reached act 3 inferno. It was pretty challenging...It did not test my skills how i can time my spells or how can i ditch damage before an object hits me. It tested how good i can run and do few hits, then run even more...Do enough dmg in 5min's or start over.

Items & AH - Items...Legendary/Set item's has nice stats. Some of em has quite nice affixes...They are not very useful though...This game revolves around having very high dps weapon and as much of main stat you can muster. Then it's same old critical chance, critical damage and attack speed. So when you look for an item, you need same stat's you are having on you'r character right now, but with improved versions. Blizzard said that you don't need to go to ah/Rmah in order to progress...Well on my quest to find awesome items that will carry me trough inferno act 2...I farmed a lot and only found several good item's...For someone else. So natural progression...It's doable...If you'r butt can hold enough to farm same act for hours and hours...

My real review:

This game is made for people who like's to grind same thing over and over without having no benefit if possibility for some real money cash is not counted for. You'r character wont progress and character will never be a unique in ways it was in Diablo 2. Everything is set the second you create an character and there is no customization (You can ink you'r gear, unless you like legendary quality....). I highly recommend for a person who isn't looking a game that last's long. Play the game trough and forget the thing...You will be satisfied, as a person who was looking for a game to play long time....Well let's just say i was stupid enough to fall for the trick that Blizzard can make awesome sequel. Graphics are okay in my opinion, sadly it's 2012 when they could push harder for better quality. But it's known fact that blizzard sacrifices graphics quality in order to get more people into the games. I learned my lesson...I will not buy a another blizzard product unless i see all fact's about the game. This game was unplayable for some time and looking at it's future it wont be a game most of us hoped it would be.
  44. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is reasonably entertaining for the first 20 hours or so (time for a run through normal->hell)

but after that it has quite literally 0 end game except for farming gold and buying from ah. In addition the combat is frustrating and progression is even more frustrating. Yes this is an ARPG that uses the term progression to describe you going through content. This game is
    essentially a single player top down version of WoW, Sounds like your kind of thing? Good, but not what the majority wanted from the successor to the greatest ARPG of all time.

Gets a 0 for taking money under false pretense of this being a sequel to diablo.
  45. Jul 24, 2012
    Got to say, massive WoW and SWToR fan, love Mass Effect, Dark Souls, SkyRim etc, so massive RPG type fan.

This game is just click the left button at baddies, no skill required bug ridden game, GFX are dull, gameplay is so basic, it predates pong. Quite shocked how well rated by the real critics this game is.
  46. Jul 24, 2012
    Played for 350 hours, used $100 on RMAH. I can finally farm act 3/4 without many problems except for idiotic elite comps. However, I did not get a SINGLE loot which gives me an upgrade.

Done.
  47. Jul 24, 2012
    List of bad things about D3: Loot drops are horrible 99.8% of the time Game is forces you to repeat the same content over and over and over Auction house makes farming seems pointless Game forces you to re-watch cutsceneses and re-listen to dialogues over and over Game forces you to wear all resist No build diversity Random affix generation creates stupidly irritating combinations on elites
    Game is hacked
    Game is run by bots
    Economy is ruined
    Latency issues
    Game is full of scammers
    Co-op is pointless
    Forums will ban you for negative responses
    Blizzard has lost peoples transactions on RMAH
    No endgame goals. Nothing to strive for.
    Pay to win
    Story is boring
    Too difficult unless you spend real money
    Spam bots have hijacked the chat channels
    Blizzard is slow, and unprofessional keepin the community informed
    Technical errors, login problems, disconnects
    No way to reclaim lost or stolen items/$
    Bosses have worse drops than elites
    No skill points
    Skill UI no good
    AH UI no good
    No way to conveniently swap gear
    DRM - No offline play
    Broken gameplay mechanics
    No lasting appeal
    User feels empty and robbed at the end of the experience
    Jay Wilson
    Activision
    Greed
  48. Jul 24, 2012
    What can I say? DRM, 6 hours gameplay (easy at that) and no real feel to it like the previous two... Sorry, but this is the worst game Blizzard made in it's history (one of the worst I've played). I've played flash games on AG that are better and LONGER than this overpriced piece of 5h17. If you are a millonaire and don't know what to do with your money, don't spend it on this game, spend it on Blizzard so you make them stop the next time they even THINK about selling something like this again. Expand
  49. Jul 24, 2012
    Nos han vendido un proyecto de Beta. Lo de los últimos exploits descubiertos me parece hasta denunciable. El parche de reducción 50% vel. ataque, para aquellos que días antes hubieran gastado dinero real... grrr solo de pensarlo me entran ganas de tirar una bomba nuclear a Blizzard. COMO NO PUEDO HACER OTRA COSA APARTE DE VENDER MI CUENTA OS COMEIS UN PUTO 0 !!!!!
  50. Jul 24, 2012
    Simply put, AVOID this game. Don't be fooled by Blizzard's big name, they just plain failed with this game. The AH is an insult to this type of game, the crafting is a waste of time, drop rates are absurd and the likelihood that you get something for your class is abysmal. If I wanted to grind I'll play WoW, and the worse part of all this was Diablo was almost made into an MMORPG but then they changed that to the game we know and hate. In THAT game the AH would have worked fine, NOT in this game. And then with the Real Money AH, honestly WTF were they thinking, or what were they trying to accomplish here. All I see that was accomplished was tarnishing the good name the was Diablo. Blizzard is dead to me, Diablo is dead to me. 70 Hours played and nothing to show for it, thanks Bliz, and F&%K You. Expand
  51. Jul 24, 2012
    A leggere le riviste pare che sia un bellissimo gioco.. si, per chi non abbia mai giocato a Diablo in vita sua questo è un bel gioco ma comunque secondo me, rimene nettamente inferiore a un qualsiasi Dungeon Siege..

Nessuna crescita dei pg, solo un banalissimo sistema alla gods of war..
    Aste coi soldi veri O_O
    Storia piatta, un qualsiasi ragazzino l avrebbe scritta meglio.

Livelli di difficoltà STUDIATI ed ELABORATI per il PAY FOR WIN, vuoi andare avanti? Bene comprati i set altrimenti ti killano con 1 colpo.

Per concludere i 60
  52. Jul 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that deserves a solid ZERO. People might say "you're stupid if you're going to rate like that" and stuff, but Blizzard worked hard for this zero. Simply put, the game is the biggest money grab that ever existed. Unless you open your wallet and spend some dolla on the Real Money Auction House (in which Blizzard charges a 15% fee), the game is very unrewarding and, consequently, annoying. Furthermore, it's been 2 months since the release of the game and players still have to face unsolved bugs and gameplay issues that prevents the game from being fun. However, when something happens to the Auction House, Blizzard seems to take immediate action.
    So, the problem is not only the dumbed down skill system, the awful story, the cheesy dialogs, the 2006 graphics, the WoW-like gameplay, the horrible loot, the Auction House' centered economy, the lack of world randomization, the always online DRM, the server maintenance, no PvP, no end game, etc.: incompetence and neglect from Blizzard also play a big role in this failure called Diablo 3.
  53. Jul 23, 2012
    Game is fun for about 20-30hrs.
    Once you max character level the game becomes very shortsided. You stop having reason to grind except to get gold and buy SLIGHTLY better gear with SLIGHTLY better stats. Gear all looks the same and is a boring way to bring variables to statistics. Basically, it is a free game, but those who pay to play and buy gear/gold have the advantage...
    Of course you
    can grind it out and TRY to find decent gear.. but you'll find your self not farming for gear but for LARGE amounts of gold to buy 1 piece of gear... then rinse and repeat cycle. Graphics are good. Gameplay fundamentals are good. No replay value... nothing fun about it after the first 20-30hrs or when you max character.. Real money AH is a cool feature and you have the opportunity to make money. But its rare because most people don't buy gear for money, they buy GOLD for money, and then use the Gold to buy better gear on the AH. It's just a lame and vicious cycle that grows cold quickly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BLIZZARD, Every game they have ever made I love. NOT THIS ONE THOUGH! REALLY BIG disappointment. Game flat out sucks after 20-30hrs. GG but try again Blizz. Expand
  54. MVP
    Jul 23, 2012
    As a die hard D2 fan I was extremely disappointed by this game. The lack of variability in attributes and skills makes each class homogeneous with its equivalent level (I remember beating people in PvP when they were 20+ levels higher - that was the fun!). You no longer drop you body when you die, so there is no real reason to worry about it. You don't really get to the "good stuff" until level 60+. The game is also too short, the areas are not particularly big and always the same. The side quests are boring and often make little or no sense. Levelling up makes enemies that were impossible suddenly extremely easy. To add insult to injury, the storyline is awful. The game no longer feels scary like D2, but cartoon-esque. The auction house also ruins the game by offering items better than you ever find.

This is such a shame for a game that could have been so great. Really really disappointed with it. The Diablo franchise is dead (thankfully the D2 servers are still up!).
  55. Jul 23, 2012
    The game play until normal to hell difficulty (in other words, up to level 60) is quite fast paced and fun. However, there are numerous problems you will face once step into Inferno. The difficulty leaps oblivion which causes many late comers to visit AH. Yes, you can FARM to play Inferno, but it will take eons of time due to the patch 1.0.3 itemization. So, once you hit the AH and get knocked out by horrendous price which caused by botters and pre 1.0.3 exploiters. So, yes, you will be ripped off by no-lifers and gold farmers. Ok, some people are patient enough to get these hardship through to face critical exploits(including the invulnerable Wizard) breaking the game play up from base. I do not care about graphics, storyline, sound effects if they are descent enough for current year. But, the game play mishap ruined everything to be scored zero. THIS GAME MUST HAVE BEEN RELEASED BETA LEVEL!!! Expand
  56. Jul 23, 2012
    This game isn't as great as the previous. The actual gameplay is OK, a standard dungeon-crawling, hack and slash system. However, Blizzard butchered the skill system, but that isn't a huge deal its still ok. The worst part is the constant internet required, which makes NO sense for a primarily single player game, there is no offline mode. This is weird because Starcraft II has offline mode against bots, and is primarily multiplayer. ALSO, the real money auction house basically throws the whole inferno grinding in the drain, whoever pays the most money wins at this. The story is also trash. Expand
  57. Jul 23, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the fan boys and critic reviews. Diablo 3 is a monetized scheme to get players to spend real money (Real Money Auction House) for virtual gear. Admittedly the game is quite fun from levels 1-59, but each difficulty level is an exact repeat of the previous level except that the mobs hit for more damage and are more difficult to kill. However, the endgame is nothing but a gold grind to buy the necessary gear for completion of Inferno level. Another MAJOR issue with D3 is account hacks. Only a fool would spend real money on a virtual item just to have it ripped off. Finally, players are forced to use servers, there is not a client based platform. So when D3 servers are down you cant play. Expand
  58. Jul 23, 2012
    Okay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. Then you reach the brick wall that is known as Inferno (the hardest difficulty) and you realize what Blizzard has been planning all along.

The mobs in Inferno suddenly become godlike and all your gear becomes instantly obsolete. Elites and even regular mobs will kick your ass unless you upgrade your very quickly. To make matters worse the game PUNISHES YOU for playing co-op on Inferno, the already disgustingly difficult mobs become near godly and unless you and your friends are supremely geared it's going to be an excruciating exercise in futility. Problem is that 95% of the loot you get in Inferno is literally garbage, so bad that even the NPC vendors will be reluctant to accept them. Magic find increases the chances of getting yellow items, but chances are they are still crap. There are far too many possible attributes during item rolls, so as a result you will almost always get items which make no sense whatsoever (example: Wizard hat with Strength, or Barbarian sword with Intelligence, etc.) and weapons in Act 4 of Inferno with 200 DPS. It's infuriating. It is so bad that when I killed Diablo on Inferno he dropped only blues, and not just any blues but TERRIBLE blues, stuff so bad you wouldn't even use it on Hell difficulty.

So you're thinking to yourself, WHY WHY WHY would they do this?! Why make the mobs so difficult and the gear so bad?!?!

WELL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE REACH THE GOAL OF BLIZZARD'S GAME DESIGN IN DIABLO 3: THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE!!!

As stated Inferno is so ridiculously difficult and the loot generally so bad that the ONLY WAY to progress is to use the Auction House. I only managed to beat the game by bidding low gold on items and shopping intelligently, but it took wayyyy longer than it should have. Not only this, I was BASICALLY FORCED TO USE THE AUCTION HOUSE TO BEAT THE GAME. Trust me this isn't just unique to me because I suck, 90% of my friends gave up at Inferno Act 1, those that stayed have had no choice but to use the Auction House as well. The game isn't skill dependent, it is only gear based.

PROBLEM IS that the gold prices of items have flown through the roof due to inflation, botters, and exploiters. So expect to see any half decent weapon for at least 10 million gold, which is no small amount of money. So a lot of people have resorted to using the Real Money Auction House and it's absolute chaos. I've seen people spending over $500 (yes real cash) on a SINGLE ITEM, a virtual item folks that will probably be obsolete in the next patch or expansion. I personally don't believe in spending real money on video game items (especially absurd amounts like stated above) but to each his own. -----

So I really can't help but feel like the entire game was designed to revolve around the Real Money Auction House. The difficulty is absurd at inferno, many of the bosses are basically gear-checks (can only be beaten with certain amounts of DPS) and the loot is so bad that you have no choice but to use the Auction House.

This game is a money grab, it's pay to win, and I'm not sticking around for when they implement Player vs. Player where it's going to be the battle of the credit cards.

I will admit that I got more than my money's worth and it was fun at times, but this franchise has been ruined and this is by FAR the worst Blizzard game I have ever played. I will not remember this fondly like I do Diablo 2 or the Starcraft Series.

SHAME ON YOU BLIZZARD, THIS GAME IS A SCAM

59. Jul 23, 2012
    I hate being negative but sometimes a man´s gotta do what a man´s gotta do. This game sucked big time. There are of course a lot of arguments that can be used and I´m sure my fellow critics have done so already so I´ll keep mine short and explain the thing that bothered me the most. But first of, the positive things.

I like the artwork and the story isnt half
    bad. I didn´t care all that much about the story because western RPG always suck compared to eastern (japanese) RPG:s. To complain about the story is thus a waste of time.

But I have witnessed the ultimate sellout of fans by a company with this game. Vivendi/Activision/Blizzard have lost all track of what made Blizzard such a successful company in the first place. Their hardcore fans, the gamers. With the release of this game, they spat on the face of every gamer out there. They made us buy a game that first of was incomplete, secondly it was unbeatable by default.

Who in their right minds releases a single player game in which a single player cannot finish the game?

Apparently Blizzard does.

This game is impossible to beat on inferno level (which is the endgame) without having to use the auction house. Keep in mind, this is a single player game. Why do I even have to use the Auction House?

For one reason, RMAH (Real Money Auction House).

It´s a great idea for the company, make players buy and sell gear whilst Blizzard makes cash without actually having to work. But for the players this means that the best gear will always sell for cash and that the ingame gold AH (Auction House) gets depleted of the best items.

RMAH is however acceptable even though it´s tacky as hell. If they wanna be greedy, sure go right ahead.

But in this case Blizzard has made the game so hard on inferno level that the usage of the AH was impossible to avoid. If AH is unavoidable then RMAH automatically becomes the next step.

But, don´t you get drops in the game?

Well of course you do, nothing usable but of course you do.

The loot system is innovative, the first game I have ever encountered where the highest item level (ilvl) on drops doesn´t mean that youre getting the best gear. I have gotten alot of the ilvl 63 which is the highest possible and yet I have nothing to show for it. My best gear is actually an ilvl 61 (it´s the best drop I have gotten and it beats my ilvl 63 bought gear), this after 250 hours of gameplay. "Then why do you even have item levels Blizz?", should be the first question they should answer.

Diablo 3 is the biggest pyramid scheme since the pyramids themselves:p and for this Blizzard should take a timeout in the corner and reflect on their shameful behaviour. Standing next to them should be the corrupt media that has given this game a good reviews. Shame on you, the free press, bought and paid for by lazy and greedy developers. I´m still giving this game 3/10 because of the artwork and the 250 hours of gameplay it gave me. But this was the last time Vivendi/Activision/Blizzard get´s a dime from me and I used to be a big fan.
  60. Jul 23, 2012
    I beg my fellow user Metacritics to stop rating generally very good games below a 6. Diablo III is clearly, generally, a very good game. But this score would indicate that many of you think it's worse than, say, Postal. It's not. For this reason, I think the user ratings system here is completely useless. For me, Diablo III gets a solid 7. It's a technically well-crafted, slick game, and it's fun. The biggest problem it's got going for it is the 12 years between Diablo II and III. In that time, we've seen copycats "do" Diablo over and over and over and over, with varying levels of success. What made Diablo I so amazing was that it was really a new, frenetic style of playing an RPG game. Kind of a "ramped up" Roguelike game that was instantly addictive. Ridiculously addictive. Diablo II carried the torch a few years later and raised the bar significantly. All the fun of the first, plus tons of new innovations. Diablo III doesn't add or subtract much from Diablo II, and that's pretty disappointing given the 12 years in-between. If anything, Diablo III has indeed carried on the HORRIBLE pit of hell gamer-makers have fallen into of "dumbing down" their games and making it accessible to the least-common denominator. They don't understand, I guess, that hardcore gamers are the fan base, and that what the hardcores say translates well into the general public. In other words, a series like the Elder Scrolls caught on and became hugely popular almost strictly because hardcore gamers went on and on about how great it was. Instead of appealing to the hardcores and making games more intricate and more complex, with more features, and more moving parts, they seem to strip away and streamline and make console-friendly, and yada yada yada. Diablo III is a prey to this mentality as well, and the aggravation is reflected with such low (too low, absolutely too low) scores.

In the end, what Diablo III is is a continuation of a legendary series of games. Unlike the first two, III doesn't really raise any bars or add any innovations that we will now see replicated in dozens of copycats, and that's too bad. Instead of opting for trend-setting, Diablo III plays it relatively safe and stands as a solid, fun, addictive, nice-looking, stable game, a decent addition to the series, but nothing terribly mindblowing. I tired of it after about 2 weeks, and I can absolutely not say that about the first two Diablos. The difference? Having stripped all of the customization out of the game (attributes, skills, etc.), I never really felt all that connected to my characters, which have a definite "pre-made" feel to them. The hallmark of any role playing game is the role playing part of it. This is action and it's clearly designed more for the unwashed masses than the hardcore gamers.
  61. Jul 23, 2012
    This could've been a masterpiece,but sadly, it's only very good. There's always hope Blizzard will polish it further, until it reaches the level of it's prequel.
  62. Jul 22, 2012
    After played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left this review for anyone who has not bought the game yet. DON'T DO IT. It is not 200hr of fun, it is 200hr thinking "it will get better later." I feel really bad getting all my friends playing D3 since all of them quite already. So if I can just save one person from buying this awful game, I will feel much better. Expand
  63. Jul 22, 2012
    the people that down-rate this game do so for personal vindictive reasons, the game itself is fantastic, after well over 150 hours of play time so far i can honestly say it is a well made game, the art style while different from previous installments Fits the game, the skill systems make for an ever changing environment and while the story is short, it completes what diablo 2 left off, the complaints of others are really just pointless raging. The game should NOT be rated poorly for its launch day problems, they where not the worst thing to happen with gaming. Expand
  64. Jul 22, 2012
    I am struggling to understand all the negativity regarding Diablo 3. The story is far more pressing and fleshed out than either of the first two games. The graphics are far better than people are giving credit for - as for it looking like a WoW clone, I don't even know what to say, the setting can be both bright as well as violent and disturbing. The new "skill unlock" system is fantastic - you can finally play the game how *you* want to play it. No two builds will be the same. Look up ANY Diablo 2 build and if you don't see the words "put as many points into strength as needed for equipment, enough in dex for max block and dump the rest in vit" then I'll stand utterly corrected.

The only negative point I can give is the always online system, while i'll never agree with it, it hasn't affected my personal enjoyment of the game. If I lived somewhere with a less stable ISP, then maybe my tune would change a bit, but as it is - can't fault it.
  65. Jul 22, 2012
    I don't describe myself as someone who enjoys torturing himself, but after playing Diablo 3 for 150 hours I'm having second thoughts.

I pre-purchased the game and thankfully did not spring for the collectors edition, as this game is a monumental failure. When patch 1.03 was released, around 65% of players stopped playing the game, with good reason. There is nothing more I can add to
    the previous negative reviews, but to sum up what I think are the worst problems, consider the following:

1: The drops are terrible.
    2. The only point to picking up items, realistically, is to sell them for gold so that you can either (1) repair your gear that apparently evaporates over time and gets constantly obliterated by inferno elites that one shot your glass cannon character that the game apparently had in mind when it presented you with the option of a "glass cannon" skill, OR (2) buy items from the auction house so that you can HOPE to kill elite monsters so that you can HOPE that they will drop something worth owning (which is, unfortunately, wishful thinking). 3. There is no endgame.
    4. "Developer" Jay Wilson is almost as big a failure as the game itself. Nothing warms the heart of a customer more than hearing the company tell you that you are wrong and they are right. 5. It's just not fun. "Grinding" in D2 was fun, because you could just go into a cow level, PWN everything, do some meph runs, and trade items with people instead of Blizzard and its 15% fee. "Grinding" in D3 is a joke, because the elites in inferno are designed to one shot even the best-equipped characters. And the drops are awful. It is so easy to get sucked into a perpetual cycle of endless frustration... At least with "grinding" in D2 you didn't get one-shotted while wearing good gear. And if you did, you could at least kill some stuff before you died. People like killing things. 6. So many other better games out there for $60. Even for $40. Or $20. 7. Graphics and interface are...unexpectedly outdated. The graphics issue is self explanatory. . . but the chat interface is just bad. People are constantly chatting "private" messages into the general channel because it is so clumsy. The list really goes on and on, and on, and on. . . I was able to sell all of my gear before 1.03 and made some money on this game, but I absolutely do NOT recommend this to any of my friends. Don't even buy it to complete your "Blizzard" collection of games. This is an embarrassment.
  66. Jul 22, 2012
    I'll sum Diablo 3 up in a single word. Disappointing. After more than 10 years you'd think they'd be able to come up with something that doesn't feel like Diablo 2.5, if that. Game play is lackluster, graphics have lots of shiny features, story is boring. Don't get me started on the always on-line requirement.

Save your money, pick up a copy of Diablo 2, and have fun. This game isn't.
  67. Jul 22, 2012
    Ok I'm not even going to touch the abysmal dialogue or the bland characters or the storyline that's something out of Disney mixed with Power Rangers. This is a loot game, on with the gameplay.

Itemization sucks. It's very bland, nothing interesting. You're hunting for mainly 3 of the same stats for all your gear slots in order to be successful. If an item doesn't have one, most of the
    time it's complete garbage. The odds of an item rolling said 3 stats along with good value rolls on those stats are infuriating.

The difficulty is okay for Normal->Hell. Pretty easy. But the best stuff drops in Inferno, the gear-check difficulty. And if you don't have the gear with those 3 stats in all your slots you will get slaughtered. And chances are you won't have the gear. This is where the fun with the AH starts. You start buying gear for stats in order to progress, and that's where it stops being fun.

Inferno is not a challenge for the sake of challenge, it's a progression difficulty - a means to an end with cheap MMO mechanics built in like enrage timers and rez timers to make you either pull your hair out grinding earlier difficulties or use the AH. On that note, the loot that drops is not quality loot most of the time because of the sole existence of the AH.

Basically, it's a chore. A second job with no real rewards. You're grinding for uninteresting loot for that marginal .5% mitigation and 1% dps increase in order to progress to a later act. Once you do that, you face another brick wall. Gear doesn't enforce build diversity, and the cheap mechanics of "difficulty" shoehorn you into a certain build, narrowing build diversity even further.

Diablo 3 is not the wors game I've ever played. Diablo 3 is the worst letdown of a game from such a trusted company like Blizzard Entertainment. And I thought FFXIII was a letdown.
  68. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everything has been said already. This is not a Diablo game. It is a playstation game with cutscenes, long talking cartoony monsters, and no character growth. The gameplay is horrible when compared. If you liked D1 & D2: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. You will lose $60. P.S. DIablo is now a skinny alienlike creature who just talks to you while you fight regular monsters. Weakest ending ever. Expand
  69. Jul 22, 2012
    I write this having nearly finished normal mode. Most of the content is in later difficulties some tell me, and I would love to check it out before reviewing if I could. Sadly though, Blizzard banned my account for hacking/using bots. This is strange because, well I haven't. But because my account information was stolen and used simultaneously on the European server, I didn't even know! Oh and they ban me per say. all I have to do is re-buy their game. That is poor customer service. I just had 60 USD stolen from me because I was hacked. No company should treat loyal customers this way. The game was pretty good- not the best, it seemed a bit dated, but it was solid. But if they can bully and steal from the people who pay them to make games, there is no point anymore.

That is my warning guys. Somewhere between the real money auction house, the always online, and the blatantly exploitable servers, this game isn't worth the risk.
  70. Jul 22, 2012
    i just got ripped off 60 bucks from blizzard, they don't deserve my money for this type of game, never gonna buy another blizzard game... jesshh wish i can have my money back...
  71. Jul 22, 2012
    This is just such a bipolar game it is hard to review. One one hand, the gameplay is fun for awhile, the loot system is predictable, and the unlock system is nice. One the other hand, the sheer lack of customization makes you feel like your character isnt your own, but a clone of thousands others. It really left me, and others dissapointed from this game.
  72. Jul 22, 2012
    this is sad. I'm rly disappointed. Game is very short...and very weak. I dont know why blizzard cut half of content. On gamescone 2011 they show us great content i mean sockets, talismans etc.. and they cut all these things and give players damn beta for 60eu or 60 bucks... jesus christ. FIRST TIME Bli$$ard is a liar! D2 eat on breakfast D3 - and they make this game near 12 year?! this is sad.
  73. Jul 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a little over 60 hours into the game, and I will be the first one to tell you that while it is very good, there are a lot of things that just leave me scratching my head. The biggest problem is that the elite items you need to even be able to play in Inferno difficulty never drop. In the time I have played, I have yet to see a SINGLE legendary or set item drop. Part of me wonders if they've done that to try, and get people to spend money in the RMAH (if that's their plan it's worked on me). One of my favorite things about Diablo 2 is that you would be rewarded somewhat regularly by getting good items. I think that was why it was so addictive. This is more akin to playing a slot machine that won't pay out. The only legendary and set items I've been able to get my hands on were from the auction house. It's a very good looking game. Especially when comparing it to Diablo 2, it's obviously a vast improvement. It's not nearly as cartoony as WoW, but it just doesn't feel as evil as D2 or even D1. I'm pretty disappointed that the graphics don't support SLI. Maybe they will in a future patch, but I wish they would have spent less time making cinematics that everyone will watch a exactly once and skip them going forward, and more time making the game run better. It can get choppy, and the framerate can slow to a crawl if there's too much going on at once (even with a new computer). I did a Witch Doctor, and while it's definitely fun to rain toads down on my enemies, there are a lot of flat out WORTHLESS skills that they put in there. Toad of Hugeness? Spider Queen? Snake to the Face? Comical skills at best, but they feel like filler material to me. Zombie dogs were useful until about halfway through nightmare when they started dying instantly. WD needs some serious buffs because right now, you can just about guarantee that every other elite monster is going to kill you about a dozen times in inferno (and probably break all your items). Speaking of magic enchanted monsters, I'm a little confused why they're so much more powerful that the unique ones you run into. I can kill monsters with purple names and act bosses easily enough, but the champion ones with 3-4 magical enchantments? Wait til you run into your first pack of, oh I don't know, vampiric, extra health, plagued, waller zombies. I can't believe there's people who play hardcore mode...

Despite my gripes though, it's still a good game. Though I'm not sure if I'm playing it because I truly love it, or if I'm playing it trying to relive my Diablo 2 nostalgia. Time will tell. It's definitely more linear, and you really don't have that sense of community like you had in D2. I think that's because there's really no interface anymore for you to chat in outside games, or even pick the games you want to play in (currently if you join a public game, you pick what quest you want to play, and it puts you in a random game with other people on that same quest). Hopefully Blizzard will be diligent about making meaningful improvements to the game. I've been playing the Diablo series since the last 90's, and would hate to see it end like this. At the end of the day it's a fun hack and slash game, but it doesn't feel as much like a Diablo game as it should.
  74. Jul 21, 2012
    After waiting over a decade for this game I could not of been more disappointed. The story is short, the grinding is long, viable builds are nerfed as quickly as people find them, you have to buy your high level gear in the Real Money Auction House, and gold/item farmers run the Auction Houses. It's a money grab by blizzard, and just a travesty of a game.
  75. Jul 21, 2012
    Wow... there isnt much more I can say about this game that hasnt already been said. So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it. I have been on the Diablo 3 forums from day 1 reading and commenting on constructive criticism because I really wanted the game to be successful. The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game in general. Even when I requested a refund from blizzard they asked me to comment on the reasons I was leaving in their forums.

Well... I have been banned from the forums twice now for what they claim to be "Trolling".

What I did was post inside treads that offered constructive, and well worded feedback, and criticism. Most of these posts even without ToS violations get censored and deleted. It doesnt really matter what you say on thier forums, as long as its not something they agree with.. they simply remove it.

I made a very good post the other day about the difference between F2P and P2P, and based on the fact that Diablo 3's business model is to make residual income from its MicroTransaction using the RMAH, I said that Diablo 3 should convert to F2P to get the majority of the players back.

There was a lot of comments some negative and some very constructive that brought up many good points.

This is what blizzard considers trolling. I did not slander blizzard, I did not say their game sucks, I did not make any negitive comments about the game. I simply showed two arguments on how it should be F2P instead of P2P, and got banned for it.

This company is going down hill, and fast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how things are going for not only their parent company but blizzard itself.

So to sum it all up:

Diablo is indeed a very bad game. If you need reasons.. just visit any site that provides user feedback.

Blizzard is a bad company and ppl should not buy games or any products from them. It just allows them to keep doing what they are doing. They will ask you for your opinions and then they will censer you, and then they will ban you for them. This company does not like free thinking ppl, and this is even more obvious if you look at how they totally dumped down the game because they think all you consumers are morons.

Just ask Jay Wilson.
  76. Jul 21, 2012
    avarage story and avarage graphics. A way too brief game for it's price. It's not even worth half the money. I mean, i won this so quickly, it felt like a joke to play it. I personally do not recommend the game to anybody, unless you can get it for free. I said to my friend, don't buy this, he tried mine through normal and he couldn't agree more. Blizzard needs to freshen up a bit. It's getting old. Expand
  77. Jul 21, 2012
    The game doesn't reward you at all. You have to play like 50 hours just to get a decent item you can sell for 20$. This is below the minimum wage in China. Blizzard want to turn their player base into a slave labor, so they can make out like a bandit. This game is work, it's not a game it's work.
  78. Jul 21, 2012
    Very disappointed by the game. I bought it being sure it will be great as Diablo2 but after a while I found that game is too short, requires constant internet connection even in single player game which a game breaker for hardcore mode, and too casual in character builds. On a positive side the graphics and world details are very good. Combat dynamic is good too.
  79. Jul 21, 2012
    Gigantic let down of recent years. All anyone can stipulate is that under a different name it would have not been such a let down. It would have been seen as what it is then, an auction house rpg economic simulator (with war torn Europe as a base line for it's current currency stability, awful to say the least, LOL), but as a supposed successor to Diablo 2 it fails on ALL accounts and expectations possible. after almost a decade they crap out this excuse for a game. I even have the exact same problem with the game's launcher that I had in beta, 3 months after its release and had reported back in beta then, that they never even fixed! I personally managed to figured out a complex specific routine of killing the agent.exe process in task manager at certain visual queues of the launchers inane progression. (which is anywhere from stuck at 0% loading or 100%, both with the play button grayed out, and or sometimes flat out showing an error box with absolutely nothing helpful as to what may be the problem, forcing me to relaunch 1 second later and have no error like what usually occurs) A fair minority have had this problem and posted on the forum about it, but still nothing. In the error it says contact customer support... Let me tell you about customer support, they can't help you with the most prevalent problems like you losing items on the auction house, especially right after a patch, which happened to me, thankfully only on trash I was trying to peddle on the AH. Support cited having "no logs" for verifying whether or not I actually received the items even though one of them was a weapon I bought out and re-uped to get a profit, which appeared on the log that I CAN SEE. (which is flipping, learning a specific gear market, buying out gear you know for a fact could sell for higher, and then hopefully selling it for more than what it cost to buy it. Which is exactly why this game is an auction house simulator because you need to do things like that if you hope to get ahead an--- OH WAIT, gold just devalued a couple more million over night due to botters, nevermind that, we're never going to afford that gear for act 3-4 inferno now without using real money auction house, which is another reason things are as bad as they are in this game, ActiBlizz's greed and stupidity.
    Stupidity because they could actually make WAY more money by actually making the game fun and work instead of REQUIRING THE AUCTION HOUSE FOR EVERYTHING. Oh right, did i forget to mention you will never see a drop of gear that you actually want or need? Legendaries are all USELESS. (supposed to be their answer for uniques from diablo 2) I had 3 legendaries drop in over about 300+ hours played, a recipe for a useless level 50 legendary crossbow called starburster or w/e, which I have no idea how people hope to use to draw a profit (with its typical, high resource cost to craft) OR use on their character for more than 2 levels until already seeing better gear. (on auction house) Somehow it sold for a meager 450k at the time, probably all suckers who actually think they know what their doing with their time or money, pro tip: they don't and I BET they all quit the game soon after realizing their loss and was the final nail in the nail filled coffin for this despicable excuse for a diablo game. ActiBlizz strikes again with another mediocre game that takes so much from its cash crop game WoW. IF, IF... IF, they hadn't lost ALL, ALL, ALL of their ORGINAL DIABLO DEVELOPMENT TEAM... THEN, they may have had their priorities set. Instead, they throw money at vain safe devs

* Players need progression, skill progression, experience level progression, and gear progression all combine to make the player feel the character is theirs and theirs alone. By the end game, my character should feel completely different than another character of the same class.

* Smooth out the difficulty. The only reason inferno is so tough, is because is was implemented as an afterthought. Gear checking between acts, is painful, even for the biggest D2 geek.

* Here's one that I really can't understand, make each difficulty level, a little different - Open up new areas, add new monsters, add unique events, add people to the towns. There is no difference in the world of Diablo between difficulties, every run through is exactly the same, except the monsters get tougher. * The legendaries (uniques) are a real head scratcher. There are two possibilities here. Either legendaries didn't have enough time to be implemented, or someone actually thought it would be a good idea to make them completely unusable. In either case, this really scares me.

* The Story - Just terrible, with such cheesy voice acting and dialogue. Possibly the most shocking part for me. There are no characters I feel any connection to. I have zero reason to hate, or want to destroy the bosses. Plus they're mostly remakes of old bosses, brought back for absolutely no reason.
  80. Jul 21, 2012
    I have played for about 150 hours and while my desire to play now dwindles I got 150 hours of joy for 60 bucks. That is a darn good rate for entertainment in my mind.. I personally think much hate is overrated and while the game is not perfect to me it is fun and I want fun.
  81. Jul 20, 2012
    I have fun playing D3. I wish the story line was a lot longer though. The world feels a bit small and linear. The classes I've played are fun and the classes I've watched look fun. Normal is so easy I wish you could skip it. I like the skill system in general, its obvious that some options are better than others but you can always mess around (at least at easier difficulties) I'm not concern that you have to be online to play all the time. I really don't get the fuss. Anyway, have fun playing but its not likely you'll be blown away. Expand
  82. Jul 20, 2012
    Diabl-WoW 3 : When a great game becomes a great chore. Grind grind grind. Well, grind again! Faster, you need money to buy stuff and you can sell stuff to make money. Money, money,money, bots, everywhere! Oh wait, where the fun again? Fun? What are you talking about, this is not a game this is a business. Forget about deep character devellopement and stiry, no time for that! Grind grind grind festival baby. Ah well, might just go back to D2 for some good fun. Waited all these years for that. What a shame. Randomized dungeons? Are you kidding me!? Not even close to D2. I played about 30 hours, Ive had some fun but not much. Time to go back to Indie Games. Big companies dont get it anymore, its all about money. Expand
  83. Jul 20, 2012
    A long-time Diablo fan, I am very disappointed by D3. I was expecting a game that would keep me interested and playing for a long time, but instead, I hit max level on several characters, and the only way to progress through Inferno is to purchase items from the Auction Houses. I like to farm, and was looking forward to farming and upgrading my characters when I max leveled them, but it turns out that this game is not the Diablo I once knew. This is supposed to be a gear farming game, and for many people (myself included, and I have over 200+ hours in the game) post patch 1.03, getting your own upgrades to drop is almost impossible. I'm stuck in Act II Inferno, and being a hardcore gamer, I want to progress, but can't because I didn't have the game prior to the patch that nerfed the quality of the gear dropping. Upgrades in the gold AH are too expensive for me to afford, and I refuse to spend real money in the RMAH, so I'm stuck farming and never getting anything of value, and never progressing. Not fun at all. Now I login every couple days to check the gold AH, but don't really play anymore. Until drops are fixed so that people can actually get their own upgrades without having to use the AHs, this game is broken. Other issues include: always online makes hardcore frustrating (I won't play HC because I don't want to rubberband to my death), multiplayer is limited to four players (and you get punished for playing with friends as they take a cut of your magic find), builds are cookie-cutter or you won't survive in Inferno, almost every class has to kite monsters to survive in Inferno (the exception at the moment being a WW barb, but even they must kite at times, and given Blizzard's track record, expect this build to be nerfed), Blizzard customer service is horribly inattentive and they seem out of touch with their player base, patch 1.03 was a horrible disaster, and the CEO has promised us we'll get more of the same in 1.04.

My hopes for this game are all but dried up. If you loved earlier Diablo games, you probably will suffer the same disappointment I have. Avoid for now, but don't hold your breath that anything will get better. It's looking like this might be the beginning of the end of great games from Blizzard.
  84. Jul 19, 2012
    After 150 hours, i can say it's an excellent game. I really don't understand people with a low score: ok the expectations were very high, and the game is not perfect..but it is a very very good game !
  85. Jul 19, 2012
    I gave D1 and D2 high scores on another site, but this game is hands down the worst Diablo I've played, don't let some of the decent reviews fool ya, if you played D1 or D2 you're gonna most likely hate this game, if you haven't played either you might enjoy it. I am seriously at a lose for words on this game that is how disappointed I am with it.
  86. Jul 19, 2012
    This Game ist Very Bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  87. Jul 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a huge fan of the Diablo series (was 1 of my favorites) & logged countless hours playing the 1st 2 Diablo games. D3, however, is a terrible game in almost every imaginable way. Here's why not to buy D3:

1)Maps: essentially not randomly generated (as they have been in past games). Most areas are static (e.g. the overworld), & some are 'randomly generated' & have 2-4 possible layouts - these areas could be more accurately described as 'randomly chosen' from predetermined layouts. This is a big change from the infinite map layouts previous Diablo games could have.

2)No open world exploration/free play option. In addition to no random maps, gameplay is locked into quest progression. In D2, a player could start a game in any act & travel anywhere in that act or any other act. In D3 a player chooses a quest & creates a game based on that quest, having progressed through the act as if you were still on that quest. If you already killed a boss in the act, they remain dead. To travel to another act, the player must exit the game & create a new 1 by selecting a different quest.

3)The game is linear/mechanical/repetitive. Diablo games have previously been designed to be played for years after release (D2 online community is still sizable ). D3's lack of random maps quickly leads to areas becoming tedious/boring as they are so repetitive. Worse yet, quest objectives are shown as blinking dots on the minimap (as if you couldn't remember your way around after playing identical areas many times over) so you never have to think about what the objective is or which direction you should be heading. For the most part, all RPG elements have been removed from the series (which is supposed to be an action RPG).

4)Auction house: Many people argue it has ruined the game's economy, or that it promotes a pay-to-win playstyle. It is also the main way to trade in-game items & the UI is so terrible that it takes a very long time to do so.

5)Nephalem Valor: forces people to stick with a build for a long time or be punished - being forced to choose between more loot/rewards or more freedom/fun (i.e. being rewarded for having less fun - a game should promote fun). 6)Significantly increased item repair costs strongly discourage people from attempting difficult content which makes the game boring/monotonous. The repair costs don't affect people who already have lots of good gear & are farming acts 3/4 & punish people who don't have much gold & are just starting to gear up.

7)Elite mobs: designed to be what players farm for end-game items. These mobs have the same 25 randomly chosen abilities (up to 4 different affixes each encounter) across all 4 acts. For the most part every fight is similar/easy & it feels like you are running all over all 4 acts just so to engage in the same boss fight over & over again - there is little diversity between acts.

8)Story: absolutely terrible.

9)No end game content - nothing to keep players interested/playing for years to come.

10)Itemization/characterization: boring - classes are not unique/use the exact same items. Item affixes have been simplified/dumbed down. Affixes such as fire, lightning, holy, etc. damage no longer has secondary effects such as crits adding DoT, stunning targets, dealing extra damage to undead - they are instead completely cosmetic.

11)The game has a very cheesy/cartoony/family friendly art style (not referring to content) & has abandoned the more mature look of its predecessors. D3's artistic direction does not really allow for interesting/scary/whatever models of demons. 1 of the better models, Azmodan, was still less scary than Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Blizz said they think the game has a timeless, stylized, aesthetic (like they say about WoW.. but it's not suited to D3).

13)This game borrowed too much from WoW rather than from previous Diablo games.

12)No open world PvP. Diablo I & II had fun open world PvP. D3 will feature only arena PvP (whenever Blizz decides to finally add PvP).

14)The game looks, feels, & plays like a game from around 2005 - it's dated.

15)The game just generally feels rushed/incomplete (& in many ways is incomplete, e.g. no PvP at launch & no date set for when it will be implemented).

If you're not a fan of the Diablo series/looking to waste 20 hours or so - this game should keep you adequately entertained for that long. If you played Diablo I/II & are looking for another game to spend countless hours playing over many years, this is definitely not your game. D3 does not seem broken beyond repair, but I'm not sure Blizz is prepared to put in the necessary work. Some issues (e.g. map randomization) would be far too difficult to change at this point - developers have specifically said they will not be correcting this. Recommendation: check out D3 after it has seen a year or 2 of patching - it may be in a good state by then.
  88. Jul 19, 2012
    It started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is a mega grindathon. And lets be honest, grinding is boring. You need better gear, so you grind to get it to allow you to grind faster which allows you to get a better item so you grinding further improves. There really isn't a place for a short game with no end in the world. We don't need it. I finally turned it off and went back to WoW. Expand
  89. Jul 19, 2012
    They totally destroyed the diablo franchise!! I was so hyped and really gave it a go... Was waiting for patches to fix the game, but it only got worse.. Especially when RMAH was introduced- pay to win.. No way!! My friend list was booming with people playing the first weeks, now nobody out of the about 20-25 ppl play it! Stop making games so kid friendly! Wish I could give you lower than a 0!
  90. Jul 19, 2012
    I have completed Diablo 3, it took me 16 hours, the game was fun from start to finish. The biggest problem with Diablo 3 is that it is very easy to complete and it has no end game content. Once I complete a game I typically do not replay it unless it has been many years and the story was exceptional. So I have a character that is level 30 and I'm done. There seems to be 30 more levels and an auction house but I'm not sure what the point of those are since I have completed the game. Although what I experianced of D3 was fun and entertaining it was surprisingly short and lacking in end game content. I was expecting more from Blizzard, I don't imagine it would have been to hard to create 10-15 end game maps where players could spend sometime fighting a few new bosses to finish the level cap. The games seems like it was rushed to market. Game play is simple and old school... all you are getting are the cut scenes that continue the Diablo story. Expand
  91. Jul 19, 2012
    I just decided to stop playing this game, after 70 hours of playing - and only for this there is 1, not 0. Story is too short, you finish normal difficulty level after few hours and then you have to repeat same things for next hours. Yeah, it's quite fun, but after reaching Inferno whole fun dissapears. Game begins to be only about farming and looting cracked items - to loot a good rare is to win a national lottery. Bosses are to annoying - not hard, just overpowered and annyoing - and defeating them is totally lack of fun, because there simple are no prize for it. More of that, you must spend your own money to repair your gear. Cmon, I should be payed for winning fight, not be forced to pay myself! Game is crashed on mechanic design level and therefore is not worth buying. Expand
  92. Jul 18, 2012
    I've given this game a good month to review since purchasing it. Back then it had all the normal launch date problems so I excused it and was looking forward to an awesome new installment to the Diablo series.
    The combat is simple, always good in a hack n slash game. Not in the "easy to learn, difficult to master" way that perfect games achieve, but it does its job. People have spoken
    ill of graphics but I pretty much liked the style they went for. I can run it on a multitude of systems, laptops and desktops included. The nail in the coffin for this otherwise fun game is the forced single player online requirement put in by Blizzard that is yet another example of a developer trying to curb pirates by shooting their customer's feet several times. I have yet to play a 30+ minute session without the connection dropping or losing connection with the Blizzard servers. I rarely play with friends, so this is especially off putting.
    I would say Fable is not quite as good as Diablo 3, but it's just as much if not more fun and the developer/publisher of the game isn't outright hostile to those of us who paid for the game precisely so we wouldn't have to put up with garbage user experience such as this.
    I'm never buying another Blizzard game ever. Ever. There is no excuse for Diablo 3 and there's no way I'm ever going to support publishers that do this to us.
  93. Jul 18, 2012
    D3 was certainly not what I expected. The game has become to focused around the Auction House, which unfortunately seems to be the primary focus around the Blizzard updates. Gameplay is meh at best, and after the first few playthroughs you may realize that it will not provide the sustained longevity that made D2 such a big hit. The graphics are decent, the interface is intuitive, but to me those are primarily aesthetic and don't necessarily make for a good game I was hoping that I would get a lot more play out of this game but unfortunately I've already moved on. Expand
  94. Jul 18, 2012
    The newest Diablo is somewhat shallow and repetitive with the main focus being on collecting loot rather than progressing through a storyline or using the slightest hint of strategy beyond the odd kite or dodge mechanic. The randomly generated dungeons do little to add to the replay of the game as the short scripted events remain constant throughout all playthroughs and the obstacles or randomly generated mobs differ little throughout all four acts. The story itself is standard gaming fare. It doesn't try to redefine the genre and I don't really feel it has too. The classic good vs evil tone and predictable character turns are a staple for this genre and there's just something fun about the melodramatic tones throughout the story.

The difficulty level is a little low for those who just want to playthrough the story once and move on. When set to normal the game will only take a day to see from start to finish and while newbies may die from time to time you never really get to a point where anything seems impossible. Seasoned veterans of the genre will laugh as they make it to the end. The real difficulty actual comes from rare spawns on later difficulties who may leave you frustrated from to time as they seem to have the perfect combination for nullifying a particular classes strengths. So why is Diablo getting a seven from me? The game is polished and I personally enjoy the classic art style. As shallow as the game maybe, I also found myself inexplicably spending hours playing through the different difficulties while attempting to upgrade my character and keep up with my friends. I'd actually say the game warrants closer to a 6.5 but for the sake of bumping up the overall score that I feel is far too low for the effort put into the title I feel a 7 is more than fair compared to say a 6. Finally I feel the need to restate that everything about the game is done server side. This means the game requires a constant connection and uses quite a bit of data compared to other titles. I found the game actually used more data than WoW overall and this should be considered by all gamers who live in areas where bandwidth caps are a concern. It's not going to push you over your cap on its own but all know little things like this add up and a couple hundred mbs for a multiple hour sitting is a lot to swallow.
  95. Jul 18, 2012
    Taken by itself, out of the Diablo "universe" this game would still not be a "blockbuster." But it has/had big shoes to fill and it isn't filling them very well.
    From a very poorly constructed story-line to it's basic and simplistic character management, this game just isn't really all that fan after a few hours and has very little replay value to me. The loot drops generally aren't
    upgrades, and the fighting mechanics are pretty weak. Add to that Blizz's new business model to make a single player capable game still REQUIRE an internet connection, along with their not-so-quiet desire for the player to use the Real Money Auction House (an auction house where you buy equipment with real money, which Blizz gets a percentage every-time you buy or sell something off their. This game just feels like it's another money grab whose only success can be measured by how much they can make on a weekly or monthly basis. 1 million players at 60 bucks a game, is 60 million. Blizz says they sold over 5 million copies. That's over 300 million dollars. Yes that isn't enough; they want to nickel and dime the players too. Just a poor idea from a very very rich company.
    That said, it does have some redeeming qualities. It can be fun at times, for short periods of time. But the lasting appeal is really only going to be for those who sell things for real money, and those who are huge fans of Blizzard. If you played any of the previous versions of Diablo, however, buy at your own risk. Most of the "veteran" Diablo players are very unhappy - and understandably so.
  96. Jul 18, 2012
    This game is amazing. It is the best game ever that requires you to exploit, cheat and bot until it's fun. The inferno difficulty curve is punishing. All the good gear on the AH costs 50-100 mil per piece and the repair costs are astronomical. Blizzard could have had something great here, but given the current state of things... it is looking grim.
  97. Jul 18, 2012
    If you like Hack'n'Slay games you will have fun. As said before there picks up where it ends in Diablo 2 LoD. The Skill System is less individual than in Diablo 2. One of the great Problem is the long term motivation.
    Once i killed Diablo in Inferno-difficulty my motivation said goodbye and i didn't play it since then.
    But the Game itself is fun, the skillsystem is intuitive and easy to
    understand, i had 200+ hours of fun with friends or alone on the itemhunt. Another point i don't like is the auction house for obvious reasons. Expand
  98. Jul 17, 2012
    I have played 340 hours in total. The game is playable but just. The design is so far removed from Diablo 2 that it should not be called Diablo. Diablo 3 is better described as a mini-WOW arcade clone where no class is allowed to be truly unique and the player does not feel like a Hero. Remember how in Diablo 2 you'd Frozen Orb, Multishot, Knockback, Freeze, Whirlwind whole screens of demons? Well, not in Diablo 3. All class skills are on long cooldowns making all classes boring and uninteresting. There are no skills to distribute, no attributes to play with, no variety on gear, no reason to experiment at all. With no crowd control abilities, but with elite monsters now able to make you lose control of your character in many ways and for many seconds at a time, all builds become the same by necessity : very high resists, very high defense, very high life - in that order. It does not matter if you play a Wizard or a Barbarian, the fact that you will be regularly frozen standing on fire means you have to build and play like a melee class. In terms of class animations there are some very bad ones. We have a Monk invoking a large bell that drops from the sky. There is a Demon Hunter that shoots with what looks and sounds like a machine gun from CoD4. We have a Wizard who shoots red laser beams, and her best "free" skill is Spectral Blades - a melee attack. Atmosphere: one of the most pathetic I have seen in a game. You are supposed to be fighting the prime evils and their cohorts, but the prime evils keep talking to you, in plain English, with dialogue lines seemingly taken out of a "bully schoolmaster" script. Nothing more pathetic than to hear the Prime Evil demon saying "while you were trying to destroy my ballistas I was attacking the base of your keep". I was expecting to hear the demons roar, screech, yell incomprehensible things. Many players on the official forums feel betrayed for what Diablo 3 was promising to be and what it really is, and I am one of them. Expand
  99. Jul 17, 2012
    300 Hours played and 5000+ elite kills. My general review is below: Pros: Beautiful graphics Smooth combat/animations Excellent camera angle and "feel" Cons: +No replay value +Poor itemization +At a certain breakpoint due to useless mods and poor system design, you basically stop having any chance of upgrading +300+ hours of gameplay and 9 Legendary | 1 set item - all Worthless!
    +Poor tuning in Inferno - one shot mechanics and unimaginative scripted fights
    +Heavily WOW influenced
    +No realism in the context of a dark tense dungeon crawl
    +Crafting system is absolutely broke - no value in crafting items at max level
    +Poor if not criminal communication from Blizzard with its player base
    +DRM (always online) requirement
    +Your purchasing a license not a game
    +Real Money Auction House
    +Gold Auction House
    +No PVP

I could continue to go on but the game, beyond being successful at a gorgeous game environment, is a complete failure.

Sure - buy this game but if your a ARPG fan do not expect a game that is engaging and encourages replay value with its farm game and different classes. The skill system is weak and requires no intelligence. The farm system is boring and sad.

At best this game is a 3.0 and after playing Blizzard games for 13 years, I will no longer purchase any future Blizzard games. I've already sold the majority of my gear and will shortly be selling my bnet account as I refuse to play crap and then wait around for Blizzard to make effective changes that improve the game experience.
  100. Jul 17, 2012
    I think the current metascore of 88 on the game is not right, and totaly biased. I had some fun for the first 2-3 weeks of playing, having a good time with friends. THEN, it's when you arrive at inferno that something's not right. The drop rate is terrible, it's totally not made for casual gamers (even though they stated the game is made for elite and casual players). Consequence of the bad drop rates? We are forced to use Auction House, BUT, to use Auction House you need gold, and you have gold, you need to sell stuff to people OR farm 24/7 to get that one good item... In fact, you are forced to use Auction House if you don't want to waste a big part of your life... Then, even with the current bad state of the game, they released the REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE, what bull****. Now, if you're a casual player, and even some intense gamers, have to pay to get better gear since they don't want to waste their time farming all day long. The whole game is a nothing but a cheap way to get money. Also, Blizzard lacked on player support on that game. We asked them to ban/stop those hackers/bots since they were ruining the economy of the game. NOPE. They wait like 2 month before actually moving a finger, but it's too late, the economy is already ruined, and now we're at a point where 1 MILLION gold is only worth 25 cents - 2 dollars. In fact, that 1 MILLION takes a bit less than a week to get, if we're legit players, and only farm with full gold find gear. Selling valuable items, which we farmed for weeks, gives tons of gold, but that's the only way to do get gold for legit players now...

TL;DR: They missed the ball on that one. Terribad game. Don't waste 60$... If Torchlight II is about the same, or not as good as Diablo 3, at least it only costs 20 bucks. D3 is a bad repetitive game based around real money, and has bad player support as well.
  101. Jul 9, 2012
    After playing this for 100+ hours I can say I really do not like the game. My desire to play it has gone to the negative. Everything in the game is super dumbed down. There really is no customization for your character and the story is so predictable. A HUGE disappointment.

-No Skill points to distribute.
    -No Stat points to distribute.
    -All the dungeons FEEL the same, they don't feel
    randomly generated at all.
    -No PvP.
    -No talent tree.
    -VERY short game.
    -Less gems to use (there's like a total of 4).
    -Feels TOTALLY like World of Warcraft. Take the world of warcraft out of this game for god sakes. I don't want to play WoW in my Diablo!

1. Aug 31, 2012