Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Aug 28, 2017
    very good gameplay and the graphics are realy good, beter than any other hack and slash. enough classes with lot of different skills to try to find the one you like for different situation, and the game isnt repetitive like other games like you just kill 1 single boss for days to get some items. when th game came they had ruined the game that it was too difficult and you had to buy gearvery good gameplay and the graphics are realy good, beter than any other hack and slash. enough classes with lot of different skills to try to find the one you like for different situation, and the game isnt repetitive like other games like you just kill 1 single boss for days to get some items. when th game came they had ruined the game that it was too difficult and you had to buy gear from auction house. good they updated the game now its the bbest hack and slash there is Expand
  2. Aug 19, 2017
    Blizzard lost conscience for so much that they sell the game in micro pieces, and in fact at the start the game still gave hope for something good, this game is just a mistake of the universe, like all the games from Blizzard.
  3. Aug 17, 2017
    This game has problems. A few big ones. But all these people on meteoritic are giving this game a 0/10?? Its a fun way to pass time at the very least, and it has some obnoxious issues, but Diablo 3 by no means deserves a 0/10.

Cons: - No promised pvp - Auction house sucks - Meh story - Always online - Connection is horrendous Pros: - Great combat system - Good variety of

Cons:
    - No promised pvp
    - Auction house sucks
    - Meh story
    - Always online
    - Connection is horrendous

Pros:
    - Great combat system
    - Good variety of classes
    - Fun loot and crafting system
    - A+ cinematics
    - Graphics and environments look amazing
    - Lots of content and replayability
    - Repetitiveness is somewhat satisfying
    - Looting enemies is satisfying
    - Good overall gameplay

This game does not deserve a zero. While it may be inferior to Diablo 2 in some ways, it does improve upon Diablo 2 with its art style, graphics, gameplay, and combat system. Because of its major issues though, I cannot give it any higher than an 8.

One thing I would like to complain about - (The biggest issue in my opinion) - is the fact that you always have to have pristine connection in order to play. I cannot connect to the server at all past 8:00 PM because too many people are online. I can only play it in the morning and afternoon. I don't know if this goes for everybody, but Diablo 3 ALWAYS messes up my entire houses internet connection.

While it is overall fun and addictive, Blizzard could fix these problems. Please Blizzard. Just do it.

8/10.
  4. Aug 10, 2017
    If you loved Diablo II, you will completely dislike this one. The great of the series was the multiplayer game mode.

They stripped out all the essential part that made the Diablo series a masterpiece. What is left is a simple hack and slash. If you play Diablo III for the first time and you don't know anything about Diablo series it could be an average game, but if you expect the

If you play Diablo III for the first time and you don't know anything about Diablo series it could be an average game, but if you expect the true successor of Diablo II and the old battlenet multiplayer mode then you will be greatly disappointed.

I give it 0 and have to say that Jay "f... that loser." Wilson is not by David Brevik who invent the series.
    The real Diablo, made by Brevik, exudes passion while this last one, just easy money.
  5. Aug 6, 2017
    What a miserable unmitigated disaster! And to think that Blizzard - once one of the most competent developers in the whole industry - was responsible for it. And all those "professional" critics giving it perfect scores - what a joke! Bloody shills didn't know when to quit. And then they acted all surprised when they found out video game journalism had become a laughing stock.

Anyway,

Anyway, if you're new to this genre and want to know what a true action-RPG looks like, try Diablo 2 and steer clear of this toxic puddle of puke.
  6. Jul 30, 2017
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  7. Jul 15, 2017
    No where as good as Diablo II, as it truly lacks that dark moody tone. The gore seems to have been toned down and the gameplay progress is extremely linear. There aren't really any side quests and the only incentive for replay is to use the other characters and higher difficulty/loot. Honestly, the game got boring halfway through, but I still played this all the way through twice.No where as good as Diablo II, as it truly lacks that dark moody tone. The gore seems to have been toned down and the gameplay progress is extremely linear. There aren't really any side quests and the only incentive for replay is to use the other characters and higher difficulty/loot. Honestly, the game got boring halfway through, but I still played this all the way through twice.

This is less about dungeon crawling and more about grinding, so if thats your thing, you'll love this.
  8. Jun 18, 2017
    Diablo 3 doesn't quite live up to the legacy of its predecessors but it succeeds in many areas and it is well worth at least a couple play throughs. While its story is mediocre at best its visual design is exceptional and its gameplay is well above average. Admittedly Diablo 3 should have been better and suffers from some pretty big flaws but that isn't to say it doesn't do a lot of thingsDiablo 3 doesn't quite live up to the legacy of its predecessors but it succeeds in many areas and it is well worth at least a couple play throughs. While its story is mediocre at best its visual design is exceptional and its gameplay is well above average. Admittedly Diablo 3 should have been better and suffers from some pretty big flaws but that isn't to say it doesn't do a lot of things really well.

Gameplay is mostly great. Each class is unique and there are tons of spells to choose from. I found playing as a Witch Doctor to be very different from playing as a Barbarian or Wizard and that variety makes playing with friends that much more fun. Whether it be summoning exploding dogs or raining poison toads on your enemies there are tons of fun and creative abilities to unleash upon your enemies. Throughout the entire campaign I was always unlocking new and interesting abilities and getting to try them in different situations. Almost all the abilities seemed fairly well balanced and useful. All of the menus were intuitive and navigation throughout the game was simple. I would have liked to see a bit more interactivity in terms of using abilities to solve puzzles though. While combat is fun it does eventually get quite monotonous and in a game where you are expected to play through many times it should have offered more variety. Being able to easily change the build of my characters also seemed dumb down the experience of trying to optimize your characters. Looting was also undermined by a system that almost forces you to buy equipment with real money, largely killing the reward of finding good loot in game.

The story is definitely worse than past Diablo games. It starts off pretty good but the further it gets the more it starts to seem like something a teenager would write. The Angels and Demons who seemed to be deep and complex in Diablo 2 now seem like a bunch of petty children. Tyrael, who once epitomized the idea of a wise, idyllic being, has now been reduced to a whiny directionless stereotype who is incapable of doing anything without the help of humans who should be far less experienced and less capable than he is. I could have understood that take on the character at the start of the game but once he regains his memories he becomes even more pathetic. The story also has huge inconsistencies. For example, the final boss is supposed to have the power of nearly all the other bosses combined, yet it is actually one of the easier battles. It was like no thought was put into how powerful each demon should be from a story perspective. None of the characters seem to have any motivation beyond saving the world or destroying it. Diablo 2 had pitch perfect story telling full of intrigue, horror and implied depth. Diablo 3's story is a generic B movie by comparison. The story is no worse than a Mario game but only a little bit better which is terribly sad.

The visual design is top notch. Everything is clean, the models and textures are all appealing and interesting. There are dozens of cool looking monsters and spells. Every environment looks great and the cinematic are easily among the best I have seen. What else can I say, Blizzard does great art and this is one of their best looking games.

The Sound Design is also quite good. Some of the voice acting seemed a bit cartoony but that was more a problem with the script than it was with the voices themselves. The music and sound effects were both solid. It's not one of the best soundtracks I have heard but all of the music fit nicely and in never took me out of the experience even after multiple playthroughs.

Ultimately I think Diablo 3 is a really fun game that just failed to fulfill the vision that its predecessors inspired. While there were many things about the game that I thought could have been better, I enjoyed playing it enough that I played through it multiple times. The story certainly wasn't great and seemed to have a totally different tone than Diablo 2 but with that said it isn't a worse story than that of most action games.

I give Diablo 3 a 78%
  9. Apr 21, 2017
    The original Diablo was a lot of fun. Diablo II was a blast; I played it for years. And then...this.

I wasn't crazy about it when I started playing. Nothing about it was particularly interesting except for the Witch Doctor skill that lets you throw jars of spiders. I played it for a couple of weeks. It was never engaging, just a grind. I missed everything that Blizzard removed from the game's predecessors and despised everything that they added (except for the jars of spiders). I thought perhaps that maybe I just didn't like ARPG's anymore. And then I played Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn and absolutely loved them.

This game felt dumb-downed to find a low common denominator. Imagine you were waiting for the next Civilization game, but when it was released, it played like Mobile Strike for your phone. Instead of Farming Simulator 17, you get Facebook Farmville. Instead of Diablo III, you get...this.

Pros: I never encountered any problems with the servers or glitches with the game. Also, you can kill adversaries by throwing jars of spiders on them.

Cons: The game is a thoughtless grind lacking any sense of motivation or heart. You'll reminisce about the great games before it, or leave it to play something much better, like Grim Dawn or Torchlight 2.
  10. Apr 11, 2017
    Este juego es un retroceso en la franquicia de tener casi 60 habilidades en su predecesor para a tener 4 con 5 diferencias leves que se cambian con runas, todo un fiasco, luego aañadieron el mercado co dinero real, un acierto que mas tarde lo quitaron, error. Era lo unico que me hacia jugar la verdad.

Las animaciones de 10 como siempre, graficos buenos pero me deja sin ganas de jugar por lo de las habilidades, gracias a dios pude recuerar lo que costo el juego con el mercado que quitaron
  11. Apr 9, 2017
    Pourquoi avoir inclus cette connexion obligatoire alors que le précédent était un jeu "normal" qui se jouait normalement hors ligne ? résultat des courses : erreur 37 pendant un bout de temps. Vous avez payé 60 euros mais vous jouerez plus tard. Peut-être. Bon, bien sûr c'était au lancement mais quel mépris de la part de Blizzard ! ou quelle incompétence... je ne sais ce qui est le pire.Pourquoi avoir inclus cette connexion obligatoire alors que le précédent était un jeu "normal" qui se jouait normalement hors ligne ? résultat des courses : erreur 37 pendant un bout de temps. Vous avez payé 60 euros mais vous jouerez plus tard. Peut-être. Bon, bien sûr c'était au lancement mais quel mépris de la part de Blizzard ! ou quelle incompétence... je ne sais ce qui est le pire.

Et tout ça pour une usine à clics, Guantanamo des souris, répétitive et abrutissante... et d'une rare laideur. . Sans parler de "l'hôtel des ventes" et de cet infâme modèle free to pay appliqué à un jeu assuré de se vendre par millions. Quelle honte. Même les moutons habituels ont fini par se rebeller. Enfin presque.
  12. Mar 14, 2017
    As a Diablo series lover, when I see a title named '' Diablo '' I always have a positive feeling.
    Diablo III is not as good as Diablo II or the original Diablo, Blizzard did a lot of mistakes and didn't release new content or even new items for a long period of time making the game's hardcore funs angry as there is nothing new and it's the same and the same stuff.
    Diablo III seems that
    Diablo III seems that doesn't make enough profit for the company as OverWatch or Heroes of the Storm. It seems they took a multiplayer/esports direction and it doesn't feel like the old Blizzard for sure.
    They will be adding a new class to the game, the Diablo II, Necromancer, and it takes for them almost 1 year ...
    Can't give a negative review as I respect Diablo series, but Blizzard is ignoring this title.
  13. Feb 24, 2017
    I would give it -100 if I could, for ruining (for me) the best franchise in gaming.
    There are no words for disappointment and saltiness..
    People who made this game had no grasp of the theme nor any idea of what made diablo series so good. I couldn't stand Jay Wilson's smug hamburger face bragging how well the game sold and thus how good it must be. And no, they didn't fix it in
    There are no words for disappointment and saltiness..
    And no, they didn't fix it in patches, it's still completely broken and as fun as blending a bunch of frogs.

You may enjoy this game for a bit if you didn't waste your childhood on d1 and d2, but it will ultimately become devoid of fun very fast.
  14. Feb 5, 2017
    The game isn't bad. WHEN IT WORKS! I have experienced MULTIPLE crashes at random points! I would be standing in town, doing nothing. Crash. There is no way for me to fix it. I dumbed down the graphics to next to an 8-bit pixel game and it will still crash. I would have NO background applications running, still crash. De-fragged, fixed, re downloaded, I have literally done EVERYTHING thereThe game isn't bad. WHEN IT WORKS! I have experienced MULTIPLE crashes at random points! I would be standing in town, doing nothing. Crash. There is no way for me to fix it. I dumbed down the graphics to next to an 8-bit pixel game and it will still crash. I would have NO background applications running, still crash. De-fragged, fixed, re downloaded, I have literally done EVERYTHING there is to do to "Fix" the game that they have told me to as well as what the forums suggest. After five years there is absolutely no reason there should be this big of a problem on crashing with no solutions. Do NOT buy this game if you haven't already! Expand
  15. Dec 13, 2016
    Blizzard betrayed Diablo fans, if you want an action RPG play Diablo 2 LoD or POE. This game is junk.

D3 devs "know best" and give no cares what mostly the entire community wants. This game is now a shell of D2 greatness, pick up this game if you want a WoW art inspired arcade brawler with poor itemization, matchmaking, character development and planning. This game is disgusting and makes me angry.
  16. Dec 6, 2016
    Nothing new, nothing PvP, now DLC... Really this is the good strategy for this game? I think if this game dont have the awsome brand seal is Blizzard, and don't have the increible name that is "Diablo" this game would had closed. This thought makes me very sad, because you have a product that is incredible, only with some changes in strategy ... Diablo still can! We will wait for you
  17. Dec 3, 2016
    Jesszus, de sok negatív kritika. Nem tudom, nekem nem volt vele semmi bajom, bár nem tartozom a hardcore Diabló fanok közé. Szódával elment és várom az első résszel felújított változatot!
  18. Nov 6, 2016
    Diablo III is a great RPG game with an interesting story and excellent gameplay. I am not too experienced at playing RPGs, but DIII made my day. The graphics is great in the game. I love how they created gameplay, it makes the game interesting not only in the matter of plot. To put it simply, just play it.
  19. Nov 3, 2016
    Very few positive things to say about this title. So much expectation for an expensive title with so limited content, missing variety, options, built according to feedback years after release, absence of real multiplayer , terrible balance during first 2 years. Nonsense storyline. Development based only on items

Graphics are good for 2012
    Many similar titles have more to explore
  20. Oct 31, 2016
    Ok i finished this game and while I didn't get off to a good start and gave it a low score, I'm going to raise it because it's actually not that bad (now, after all the patches and changes to the game). Right off the bat if you want any challenge at all, you should crank up the difficulty to torment 1 atleast. The game is stupidly easy on anything lower. They got rid of a lot of thingsOk i finished this game and while I didn't get off to a good start and gave it a low score, I'm going to raise it because it's actually not that bad (now, after all the patches and changes to the game). Right off the bat if you want any challenge at all, you should crank up the difficulty to torment 1 atleast. The game is stupidly easy on anything lower. They got rid of a lot of things which made diablo 2 great, but they did put in other gameplay mechanics which are pretty good too. Anyway it's highly addictive so beware :) It has tons of replay value. Expand
  21. Oct 14, 2016
    The single player campaign is bad. Story and ending are terrible. Not a lot makes sense here. There is one rather outstanding cut scene, but also this one is pure hogwash after you continue the story. Other characters are just fillers. By standing people have a lot to say, but most if it is just for clicking away.

Played until max Level 70 + Paragon 50. Completed single player and

Played until max Level 70 + Paragon 50. Completed single player and adventure mode, hoping for the game to become more interesting. Game play can be fun at times, but it's really all about mindless mouse button holding, hardly any of the enemies are special, including bosses, and challenge is non existent even on hardest difficulties.

Maybe if you like grinding for items you can have fun.

To me Blizzard has finally given in to making money with cheap, inexperienced designers, stringent project leadership knowing a lot about budget management, but where there is no interest in life and soul of a good game. It's all about marketing now.
  22. Sep 10, 2016
    I don't know why this game has that huge amount of bad ratings/reviews. My own experience was great, the campaign is short so you can repeat it easily to grow up in level. But the thing that maked me to buy this game is the multiplayer mode. With friends you can make this game a very enjoyable adventure.Also the scenes before and after acts are just amazing
  23. Aug 16, 2016
    I was confused, don’t understand why is no offline mode, it is not a MMO, you are alone or with few people that don’t know and don’t care, and leave, very similar to Path of Exile (but at least in PoE you meet more people at town!), in Diablo 3 you plays as a single player game feeling that is not necessary to be connected at all, while the game forces to it, in resume, it has all theI was confused, don’t understand why is no offline mode, it is not a MMO, you are alone or with few people that don’t know and don’t care, and leave, very similar to Path of Exile (but at least in PoE you meet more people at town!), in Diablo 3 you plays as a single player game feeling that is not necessary to be connected at all, while the game forces to it, in resume, it has all the online problems (login, lag, server down, etc), without none of its benefits (meetings, ambushes, invasions, big parties, etc), a poor experience for me. Expand
  24. Aug 12, 2016
    Look at the date of the negative reviews. This game certainly had issues when it launched, but with the expansion and a ton of patches with new content the game has actually become quite good. 6 different unique classes to play with, tons of cool gear that changes how abilities work, and much more end game content made Diablo 3 able to take the number 1 spot as the worlds best farming simulator.
  25. Aug 7, 2016
    I have never get into D3 end game content, it is just not enough to get me hooked in. But the story and gameplay of D3 are quite good. I think D3 is pretty good game but it is not for everyone. If you like graphics of D3 and like toon of farming, have friends to play with I believe you can fully enjoy it. If you dont like farming like me, I think you can still enjoy the main story of theI have never get into D3 end game content, it is just not enough to get me hooked in. But the story and gameplay of D3 are quite good. I think D3 is pretty good game but it is not for everyone. If you like graphics of D3 and like toon of farming, have friends to play with I believe you can fully enjoy it. If you dont like farming like me, I think you can still enjoy the main story of the game and maybe even a little bit of end game content.

Graphic - 8
    Gameplay - 7
    Lasting Appeal - 5
    Execution - 7

Overall - 6,75
  26. Jul 31, 2016
    I've played all previous Diablos, and I like this one, too. It might be a bit too simple and too easy, but I still like it more than some other games in the genre (excluding Torchlight II).
    As I've seen it, almost everything people was complaining about this game was either removed or fixed now, so you can ignore the current score, and give it a try :)
  27. Jul 17, 2016
    This game is not diablo at all, i dont know what the heck happened, its like they took a historical building and promised to jazz it up, but simply demolished it and built a new condo instead..
  28. Jun 24, 2016
    Its like they looked at everything I liked from diablo 2 and removed it to make this game. The graphics are nice but it's a repetitive grind game....
  29. Jun 11, 2016
    Una tremenda decepción, no veo por donde cogerlo.

Podía pararme a hablar de sus puntos fuertes y débiles, pero es que no tiene puntos fuertes.

Blizzard... ¿qué ha pasado?
  30. May 9, 2016
    No depth, all grind

lategame turns into paragon grinding, and TONS of your power simply comes from that. almost no customization whatsoever because there is hardly any real character "builds" to speak of in this game. there is no stat leveling, it's auto there is no skill leveling, you can swap them out at any time gear is all sets at end game, so instead of choosing 7-8 pieces of
    No depth, all grind

there is no stat leveling, it's auto
    there is no skill leveling, you can swap them out at any time
    gear is all sets at end game, so instead of choosing 7-8 pieces of gear catering to your build or play style you basically choose ONE piece of gear then go the play style blizzard wants you to play.

Honestly this game is just straight up INSULTING to actual lovers of the action-rpg genre
    this is not diablo
    this is not a real action rpg
    at BEST and if you take it for what it is, it's a decent isometric arcade beatem up.
    it was basically the next gauntlet game.

Only good a-rpg I can see coming maybe lineage eternal or lost ark. A real drought lately.

Grim dawn was pretty fun.

Torchlight 2 was great, could have been perfect with just a tad bit more content but overall awesome game.

Wasn't a fan of POE

Blizzard please never touch a diablo game ever again, let someone else develop the next one.
  31. May 7, 2016
    Lacks all the features that made diablo 2 great. Hardly any randomization in levels, boring stat system where only one stat per character class is important, no real character builds with skills and so on, dumb boss fights with cutscenes, no nice loot runs and it had a stupid real money auction house at launch as well which is just moneygrubbing.
  32. May 6, 2016
    I have played Diablo and Diablo 2 also d2 LOD, I have been a loyal fan to the Diablo series for a long time so as soon as Diablo 3 was released I bought the game and immediately started playing, to my surprise the dynamic of the game has completely changed, so much it actually became boring, so boring it's beyond believe. To begin with Trading has been completely removed, also characterI have played Diablo and Diablo 2 also d2 LOD, I have been a loyal fan to the Diablo series for a long time so as soon as Diablo 3 was released I bought the game and immediately started playing, to my surprise the dynamic of the game has completely changed, so much it actually became boring, so boring it's beyond believe. To begin with Trading has been completely removed, also character customization (by that I mean being in control of the character you're making), Boss drops, questing, skill trees, I mean what the hell is this game anyway? is not really part of the Diablo series is just some WoW style crap mashed up with some elements from the old diablo games, hell Diablo 2 is still more fun than this crap, I actually had to switch to Path of Exile since it's actually very similar to how D3 should have been, far more in-dept in all aspects of d2.

I do pity blizzard, I mean I used to like how fun they used to make games with their creative expansions and patches but lets be honest, even WoW has become extremely Boring!!!, and I have played WoW since Vanilla but that's not relevant. What I would like to know is when are they going to listen to 60% of the Diablo fan franchise and make the game more fun instead of listening to the 40% who enjoys this hollow shell of what "Diablo" once was.
  33. Apr 7, 2016
    The overall increase in technical performance goes paradoxically accompanied by a decline of the imagination and intelligence of the people. Stanislaw Lem
  34. Apr 6, 2016
    I originally disliked this game but after picking it up again and seeing the auction house gone, I fell in love with it. I love attaining new loot and just adventuring around. I also liked that they got rid of having to be online the entire time to play.
  35. Mar 27, 2016
    Disappointing is the word. 10 years waiting after the release of Diablo II and we get a game with terrible story-line, terrible characters, terrible classes and talent/skill system, it's boring to level up and the Acts are no interesting at all, no pvp at all even 4 years after release... Honestly, even if this game is 10 years newer, Diablo II is 10 times better.

With that said, this

With that said, this isn't a completely terrible game. It's a Blizzard game and thus there's a lot of work into it and you can feel that in the cutscenes, the music, the ambientation, and keeps the essence of hack and slash and slaying monsters in huge groups and the controls are quite nice, it would be an ok game if it wasn't named Diablo, but it is just so disappointing to the saga involving in this way after how good Diablo I and Diablo II were.
  36. Mar 23, 2016
    After all the patches and endgame extensions the game really became what it deserved to be: a good game. After Blizzard fired Jay Wilson and deleted the ingame auction, the game really felt like diablo again. No game will ever be as good as Diablo 2, we all know that. But this updated version of this game (2016) is really worth playing. Highly recommend the expansion though.
  37. Mar 19, 2016
    Diablo III

Game-Play: Great game-play with random regenerated levels and lot of loot to make your character just as you want to make him or her. With six different classes like the barbarian, Templar witch doctor and more and great boss fights. Story: I found the story good but not great but the 2 final acts really make up for the first 2.It will take you about 20 hour to complete.
    Diablo III

Graphics: Good graphics but with the top down game-play of the diablo series is difficult to notice them.

Notes:The game had some bugs and glitches but is fine now ad you ca really enjoy it . Also you had to try the hardcore mode. A great game every RPG fun should have it.
  38. Mar 13, 2016
    I loved Diablo 1 and 2, but this game wasn't in the same family. It feels slapped together, and kicks me out of a single player game if my isp glitches. I've had to replay levels just because my Internet hung for a second. It feels lazily made.
  39. Mar 5, 2016
    I was never a dungeon crawler kind of gamer. I like my first person shooters and MMO style games. The third-person God view always disappointed me. I didn't get the way above the action combat. I really couldn't see the details I wanted to see and never felt like I was really "there". Then, by serendipity, I played Torchlight 2 and realized that a distant 3rd person dungeon crawler wasI was never a dungeon crawler kind of gamer. I like my first person shooters and MMO style games. The third-person God view always disappointed me. I didn't get the way above the action combat. I really couldn't see the details I wanted to see and never felt like I was really "there". Then, by serendipity, I played Torchlight 2 and realized that a distant 3rd person dungeon crawler was actually fun and you could see more details than expected. Somehow, life interfered and I kind of forgot about that fun. Then, after watching a "let's play" Diablo 3, my interest was rekindled. By luck, I discovered that Blizzard had a demo and I decided to try it. Here's the bottom line- when the demo ended, I I was "offered" the chance to buy the game if interested. I was so blown away by the game and the graphics, not only did I buy the game, I bought the Reapers of Soul expansion! I swear to God and Devil, I was hooked on Diablo! This game is really fun and the graphics are so awesomely detailed. I came in to this not a fan of this genre, and now I'm a Diablo addict- and completely into the dungeon crawler genre. Get this! Expand
  40. Mar 4, 2016
    I've never been so disappointed in a game. The complete opposite of everything I loved about Diablo 2. Just putting the Diablo name on this is false advertisement. The least proactive character development imaginable. No atmosphere. Seems to prefer catering to kids at the expense of others. There is nothing here for me. $60 down the drain. Booo !!!
  41. Feb 29, 2016
    I could give this game a 10 because I've been playing it so much lately and Blizzard somehow managed to make the endless grinding of this game less painful than ever before. But ... 5 minutes ago I was playing a Great Rift and I just had my session disconnected in it's last seconds, meaning that for the 20th time I've lost my progression, my exp bonus pool streak, and a Great RiftI could give this game a 10 because I've been playing it so much lately and Blizzard somehow managed to make the endless grinding of this game less painful than ever before. But ... 5 minutes ago I was playing a Great Rift and I just had my session disconnected in it's last seconds, meaning that for the 20th time I've lost my progression, my exp bonus pool streak, and a Great Rift keystone. That makes me want to give it a 0 score.

This introduction pretty much sums up my experience with this game and how it can be extremely frustrating at times, but can be enjoyable as well.

Pros:
    - Super modern gameplay. Some may argue but I think Blizzard makes the most smart combat systems on the market. And Diablo is probably the best of them. The gameplay is fast, and brutal. There's many builds to choose from in many classes and they finally are getting them to decent balance. This is definitely the strongest point of this game.

- Also, after many patches and updates, Blizzard finally found a enjoyable endgame mechanic. You play bounties to farm gear and craft materials. You play Rifts for Greater Rift keys also gear farm. And you play Greater Rift's to test your character progression and compare them to other players through Leaderboards and also to Level Up the almost infinite Paragon Levels. It's a funny cycle that can be tiresome after so many hours, but I've been playing this game a lot in this 5th Season. It's a sign that it is getting better and better. Somehow the gears feels easier to farm, I got the sets for my character build much faster then ever before so I could try all of them and choose what to use. In previous seasons It took me a lot more time and I got tired even before I could complete a decent set.

Cons
    - The story is horrible and terribly cheesy. The only character worth mentioning is the Scoundrel;
    - The art style is nice but I think it's too colorful for a game about demons. I wish the atmosphere were darker.

- I know it adds to the gameplay lifecycle, but I wish the game wouldn't depend on RNG so much. It's OK to have space to different item and affixes rolls but I'm sure they could've coded a smarter way to make it less frustrating. Today, to find an usable item you have to hope for a legendary, then hope for it to be the kind you need (set), then hope for 5 out of 6 affixes to be what you need, then hope to all affixes to roll good numbers, and then hope for the item to be Ancient, because regular items are useless (especially now that you can only enhance Ancient items with Caldean Cube). That's a lot of hope for a single item. Now multiply that for 13 pieces of equipment. Now you know why the endgame of this game is infinite. You'll can play this game for the rest of your life and you probably won't ever see a perfect item.

- Sometimes the rotation of random maps in rifts are pretty annoying. I know this should be RNG doing, but have this feeling that the game favors stupid Act 5 maps. I almost never see other maps that I like. It could be my imagination, but I've been playing a lot and I rarely see those Act 1 or 2 big open areas.

- The endgame EXP grinding was designed to be performed in groups, but playing in group can be a pain for people too far away from each other, because internet connection. That forces you to play with a limited number of people. Not to mention I like to play by myself. But that's out of the question if I want to be on the Leaderboards. This is bad design. They should separate the Paragon you acquire in group from the solo Leaderboard Great Rifts. I'm not sure how, I'm not a game designer, but the clear focus on group play is broken.

- Which brings me to the worst of all mistakes in Diablo 3: the online aspect. As I mentioned by the start of this review, I get disconnected a lot in this game for no reason, and I often loose precious progression. This is frustrating beyond words. I would never touch a Hardcore character in a game this broken and that makes me forsake a lot of content too (many achievements are Hardcore only and sometimes they unlock goods).
  42. Feb 18, 2016
    I never was a big fan of Diablo or Blizzard in general, but with all the hype surrounding this game I finally decided to give it a try... and I will probably never return to this series again. It was a linear grind fest. The only good thing is the combat, because that's what you're gonna do all the time - clicking your enemies to death, so the developers had to make sure there's enoughI never was a big fan of Diablo or Blizzard in general, but with all the hype surrounding this game I finally decided to give it a try... and I will probably never return to this series again. It was a linear grind fest. The only good thing is the combat, because that's what you're gonna do all the time - clicking your enemies to death, so the developers had to make sure there's enough customizable abilities to not bore you to death after the first hour. The DRM and unnecessary always-online restriction made it feel like it's a wannabe MMO, I'd rather play Path of Exile if I want that. Exploring the maps felt like a chore, the looting is not rewarding most of the time, 75% of interactive objects are empty, there's no pay off for checking every corner. To me Sacred 2 (which came out 4 years before D3) is far better than this. Some fanboys will argue that it's not the same genre, cause S2 has an open world and D3 is a "dungeon crawler" even though everything else works in almost the same way - from camera angle, tons of loot, hordes of enemies, to combat and skills. I won't be playing future Diablo games for sure if they're gonna stick to this formula of randomly generated areas, **** all your progress on the map if you quit the game" and "always be logged in online to play a singleplayer". What year is this? Expand
  43. Feb 10, 2016
    its not as bad as people state it is. but its also not a good game. its the easiest 5/10 to give to a game.
    it has improved a lot lately. but still a 5/10 nothing more , nothing less.
  44. Jan 30, 2016
    Diablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep itDiablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep it fresh. Worth your time, especially at the current price. Expand
  45. Jan 11, 2016
    I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd like a Diablo game. When Diablo III first came out I didn't have the money to buy it, and even after I had the money, I still didn't buy it. These style games never were really my forte. I'm more of a third person behind the character camera, using WASD to move type of gamer, but when I actually played this game I was kind of swept away. It was easy toI'll be honest, I didn't think I'd like a Diablo game. When Diablo III first came out I didn't have the money to buy it, and even after I had the money, I still didn't buy it. These style games never were really my forte. I'm more of a third person behind the character camera, using WASD to move type of gamer, but when I actually played this game I was kind of swept away. It was easy to get into, and right from the beginning the lore grips you and sucks you in. My friends always told me Diablo lore was better than Warcraft lore. I didn't believe them. I'm now a believer.

I've only played the starter edition, which is enough to get your feet wet... and leaves you wanting to buy the game to continue your journey. I'm giving it a 7 not because it was bad, hell, it was an amazing experience (what I experienced), but I've got to take some points off because I was expecting a more cinematic experience.
  46. Dec 18, 2015
    this is not diablo this is a game with no fun like diablo 2 . what a waste of money and time to play this crap game. battlenet never again. tetris is better
  47. Dec 9, 2015
    The game itself isn't that bad for people who haven't played the previous titles in Diablo, but if you've played them... you're in for a big disappointment.

The graphics weren't bad, the environment was and still is spectacular and also animations, its soundtrack is admirably good and helps giving consistency to the game. The gameplay is good, the first time you play it the main campign you see it's very easy, the second time you play it you level up the difficulty... still too easy. But if you play Inferno... Oh Good Lord! It's just a complete waste of time. The backstory was mediocre, lots of cinematics but not it won't enthrall you at any point.

I didn't like at all the auction house, I found it a very poor way of pay2win and I don't support at all those games, Blizzard got confused in a very big way creating it.

As for the game issues... Pffff, what say? At this point there will be no problems, in fact on PS4 has had many good reviews, but in its day it was awful on PC: Constat frame-drops, the always-online DRM, lagg and online errors, no PvP at launch date...

I was really hyped with this game, and it just let me down. If you're whiling to buy it, don't spend more than 30-35€, I paid the original 60€ myself and it didn't deserve it.
  48. Dec 5, 2015
    My friend recently give me his battle.net account since he wasn't using it anymore. I was really excited to try out Diablo 3 since Diablo 2 is the very first major game I've ever played. I would consider myself a Diablo 2 veteran since all my main characters could solo hell baal. But when I tried Diablo 3, I felt that D3 was better than D2 in a lot of aspect. The gameplay was better,My friend recently give me his battle.net account since he wasn't using it anymore. I was really excited to try out Diablo 3 since Diablo 2 is the very first major game I've ever played. I would consider myself a Diablo 2 veteran since all my main characters could solo hell baal. But when I tried Diablo 3, I felt that D3 was better than D2 in a lot of aspect. The gameplay was better, endgame content was much better than D2. In D2, once you get to level ~75 (max level being 99), you don't have much to do except grinding the same boss over and over again to get good loot. While in D3, getting to max level is pretty easy, and that's when the fun really start. There's a lot more item variety in D3 than D2. Honestly as a D2 lover, I felt that D3 right now is much better than D2. Expand
  49. Nov 30, 2015
    Loved Diablo 2. Diablo 3 was a great letdown. The 11 NETWORK DISCONNECT's to fight one boss fight yesterday, plus the no mods. Like all too many games they are playing the game for you and it really lessens the fun where the disconnects are all too much. The game would have been much better if the fans had able to mod the game thereby creating a lot of choice in gameplay. The game isLoved Diablo 2. Diablo 3 was a great letdown. The 11 NETWORK DISCONNECT's to fight one boss fight yesterday, plus the no mods. Like all too many games they are playing the game for you and it really lessens the fun where the disconnects are all too much. The game would have been much better if the fans had able to mod the game thereby creating a lot of choice in gameplay. The game is insipid with the gameplay strangled on the server connection stranglehold. It is not FUN to play like Diablo 2, that the problem. Expand
  50. Nov 29, 2015
    I remember what a hype was when this game came out. We played every day, go through the same map every day, and play thousand and thousand hours. It wasn't bad, but now it's boring.
  51. Nov 28, 2015
    I bought diablo 3 and its expansion set ,created a battle.net account but when i get into the game it wont go past the skeleton king the story just stops.
  52. Nov 17, 2015
    Opinions, opinions. Many of the reviews here are judging the game based entirely on the past. Granted, the launch was not very good - arguably one of the worst in PC gaming history, but a few days of crazy does not a bad game make. Changes have been made, and if you really are dedicated to the Diablo franchise and a fan of hack-n-slash games, then you stuck around to witness the evolution.Opinions, opinions. Many of the reviews here are judging the game based entirely on the past. Granted, the launch was not very good - arguably one of the worst in PC gaming history, but a few days of crazy does not a bad game make. Changes have been made, and if you really are dedicated to the Diablo franchise and a fan of hack-n-slash games, then you stuck around to witness the evolution. Those patient enough are now experiencing patch updates being released as large chunks of a would-be expansion pack that the developers decided to give the players for free, because they're grateful that through all of the craziness, we stayed.

I urge all of you who are on the fence about this game to take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. I have played this game since day 1 as a pre-purchaser, and I still play this game...more than any other game currently in my catalog. If you're curious about Diablo 3 - the time to get is now. On the schedule of roughly every 90 days, we've received fresh, new content updates and patches. Albeit terrible to some but exceptional to others - but how will you ever know who is right if you never play?

Diablo 3 continues to improve, and the game is much different than its original release - in scope and in game play. I suggest you give it a shot.
  53. Nov 12, 2015
    Updated review 11-12-2015: I feel my first review was unfair because I didn't spend enough time playing this game (based my initial review from part of Act 1). I heard patches and the expansion fixed a lot of the major problems. They did away with the real-money auction house. I'll give it try sometime and give it the same rating as the critics because I really have no room to talk. GoingUpdated review 11-12-2015: I feel my first review was unfair because I didn't spend enough time playing this game (based my initial review from part of Act 1). I heard patches and the expansion fixed a lot of the major problems. They did away with the real-money auction house. I'll give it try sometime and give it the same rating as the critics because I really have no room to talk. Going to give it try later on with the expansion. Expand
  54. Nov 12, 2015
    Some gay neck **** That Shannon Sims would probably play with his Fat fucccking ass. He is a fuccking Dweeb ass neckbeard who lives in his Moms basement
  55. Nov 12, 2015
    The only way to understand what's wrong with Diablo 3 is to play Diablo 1 and 2.

For its time Diablo 1 was a revolutionary game that came to define the hack-n-slash-RPG. What many seem to forget however is that what held the game up was its story and character progression. You arrived in Tristram as a lowly adventurer, and not like in Diablo 3 as a cocky seen-it-all. There really is

You arrived in Tristram as a lowly adventurer, and not like in Diablo 3 as a cocky seen-it-all. There really is something to be said for starting out at the bottom and working your way up.

In Diablo 1 our adventurous explorer always felt in over his head as he delved deeper into the hidden catacombs below the church. He never mocked the evil he was up against, he realized he was a simple human taking on the forces of hell. Which isn't something to be sneezed at.

In Diablo 3 you always feel "all powerful" and it just takes the joy out of the game for me. For me Diablo 3's story falls flat on this single reason alone, if our hero does not fear Hell why should I?

Then there's the fact that the story is mass market trash designed to hit you over the head with a sledgehammer. Main story characters will die, others will betray you. It's like a bad soap opera and designed to force you as a player to feel something. Sometimes it works but most of the time it's just over the top ridiculous and insulting.

Diablo 2 was a vastly different game than Diablo 2, a real hack-n-slash instead of a hack-n-slash-RPG. But even so I think I actually preferred the story in Diablo 2, it had a quieter and less forceful way of progressing the story.

I will admit that I enjoyed Diablo 3 in Act 1, 2 & 3 - but then it fell apart completely for me in Act 4. What was done with the story and gameplay there was simply to forceful for my liking.

I like to take my time, explore, enjoy the story, read the lore and soak up the surroundings. But those elements of the game just went completely out the window towards the end of Diablo 3.

I will also blame the game for this:

1. Act 4 doesn't feel like Act 4, feels more like a big end game level.

2. I think the replay value is servery hurt by the story being so heavy-handed in Act 4. I can't see myself having fun replaying that.

3. Main story characters are killed and there is no explanation of what happened to them. I smell cash-cow-milking and expansion. Come on - a game is suppose to stand on it's own merit. If it's great we'll buy the expansion, but now I'm not so sure.

4. This may be a personal thing but I still prefer it the way Diablo 1 was. That is - once a level has spawned it stays that way and doesn't change. I prefer my explored maps to remain explored and I prefer my slain enemies to remain dead. Until you go to the next difficulty of course. Then it may change.
  56. Nov 9, 2015
    I play the game from launch and I must say it has become a different game.. Many problematic aspects of the game (like the Auction House) removed, many new and fun content added and blizzard still try to make the game even better.
  57. Nov 1, 2015
    Waste of MOOOOONEY.

If you are looking to relive the fun days of Diablo 2. Look else where.

Along with poor launch and security issues with accounts being hacked. The game is riddled with bugs and issues when it original launched.

At this current state, the game is boring. Repetitive. Lacks content and skills/build to keep you remotely interested.

Not even worth spending money on.
  58. Oct 23, 2015
    Matar, matar, matar, matar... Y matar? No tiene mucho más, las recompensas vienen solas y la campaña no tiene prácticamente sentido a no ser que te hayas pasado el juego de hace muchos años ya... Y la única rejugabilidad que tiene, es pasártelo con más nivel, y si no tienes internet amigo mío... Me da que no juegas!
  59. Oct 15, 2015
    This game has improved so much from launch. The balance between classes, and build diversity could be improved upon, but overall this is a great game. I've been playing on and off since it came out, and have put in 500+ hours.

This game was made for the casual gamer, but can be competitive when trying to get ranked by completing the highest Greater Rift you can manage. It becomes

It becomes more fun when playing with friends, but your 'party' should be geared up to approximately the same level in ideal circumstances (especially when trying to push Greater Rifts together).
  60. Oct 6, 2015
    Very disapointing.
    I couldn't resist Blizzarads "greater than life" hype, so I bought this "epic" game.
    Gameplay was way too easy and boring even on Expert, which is highest available at start. I don't know if game is forcing me to play harder, but first playtrough should also be fun on it's own. Graphics took a detour, but it's the only aspect of the game that is fine. Graphical
    Very disapointing.

Graphics took a detour, but it's the only aspect of the game that is fine. Graphical imagery and themes although less grim is nice and with some memorable moments.

Music isn't even worth mentioning. They tried to emulate Matt Uelmen ambiental pieces at times, but author signature country licks just pop in the middle of it. Giant fail for a product of this suposed level.

Story is as artificial as it get, they just piled some almost random goals to drive gameplay, way overusing damstel in distress situation.(like 4 times) .. and "find some artifact" several times.
    Couple of quests (in the whole damn game) are actually fun.

It's maaaybe worth a single playtrough for the pretty 3D graphics, if you can, borrow from a friend. Not sure if it's worth the price.

People seem to have fun with builds, but I don't feel like investing that much time so it eventually get good.

And yeah, it's my first review, it's such a big dissapointment. It's like a facebook click to win game, I've had more fun with some flash games.
  61. Oct 6, 2015
    GRAPHICS
    PRO:
    -movies 10/10 Blizzard quality -environments: 10/10 -monsters/effects: 8/10 CON: -Monsters jump around so quickly or simply appear from everywhere, move at ridicilous speed and die even quicker, often overlapping with multiple graphical effects. The end result is that I often can't really see what the monsters I'm killing even look like. -The art style of the game
    GRAPHICS
    PRO:
    -movies 10/10 Blizzard quality
    -environments: 10/10
    -monsters/effects: 8/10
    CON:
    -The art style of the game moved a big step towards world of warcraft's. Blizzard is sacrificing the identity of the franchise (diablo in this case) for the identity of their company (blizzard). They make a conscious move away from ip's that have a unique feel and atmosphere, towards ip's that feel like 'a blizzard game'.

SOUND
    No comment. Pretty much neutral. Nothing really stood out to me as good or bad.

GAMEPLAY
    PRO:
    -Endless replay through endless levelling, some item abilities that level with you and nearly endless difficulty options.
    -The skill system is different from the previous games. So it's a new experience.
    -Endless item variety. The same unique items can drop at any level. A level 5 nagelring will simply have lower stats than a level 50 nagelring. Some unique items even have unique abilities that no other item posesses. These abilities often grow with you as you level up.
    CON:
    -The game is ridicilously easy and thus very boring. Those higher difficulties? You have to play through the entire game first before you can choose them. The highest difficulty you can choose at the moment of writing -without completing the game first- was just clicking and holding the right mouse button every time I saw monsters. At some points I had to kite a little bit or use a frost nova to stun enemies when I was fighting some of the elite monsters. After act 3 I got a unique item that made me even more op. It spawns suicide minions that explode and kill any boss in 5 seconds. Izual died in LITERALLY 5 seconds.
    -Item diarhea. Even so called 'rare' items get spilled over your character in truckloads. Even finding a unique item doesn't feel special. As the game is very easy and monsters, elites and bosses drop in droves, you amass items at ridicilous speed. Every ten minutes of playing I had to spend 10 minutes in town sorting through all the useless items that filled my inventory. You're encouraged to keep every item, because those you don't need can be broken down in their base components. These components can then be used by the blacksmith to craft new items. However, even this feature felt broken. During the first 20 levels or so, the blacksmith could make quite a few usefull items that bumped my damage considerably. Later in the game, the blacksmith could make nothing significantly better than anything I had already found on monsters; even though I had to pay lots of gold to level him up so he could craft those higher level items. Maybe I just found a lot of very good items? I don't know.
    -Lag spikes, in a single player game.
    -"Your connection has been lost" frequently, in a single player game. After finishing the game, you can choose a higher difficulty (finally!) and you can play a different game style: adventure mode. You can move freely around the world collecting bounties, performing specific missions and get big rewards for them. However, more than once, I was clearing out an area (as the mission stated) when suddenly "connnection lost". You lose all your progress and can start those missions from scratch again ...in ...a ...singleplayer ...game.

STORY
    PRO:
    -There are many books scattered throughout the game, fleshing out the backstory in an interesting way. There are many different storytellers and thus many different viewpoints.
    CON:
    -Too bad they didn't keep those backstories in one piece. Maybe their target audience's attention span is too short to listen/read 5 pages of text. So they cut all those stories up in 10 pieces or so and the recordings are often playing while you're fighting monsters. If you click on them the written text appears on screen and you can read it after the fight is over. Then 2 minutes later you find the next part. Rinse and repeat.
    -Childish, dragonball Z level writing. "Mwahahaa, you cannot stop me, my armies are swarming the city." 5 sec later "Mwahahaa, you stopped my monsters but my siege weapons will still lay waste to the city." 5 sec later "Mwahahaa, you destroyed my siege weapons, it matters not, in the meantime, I snuck monsters in through the basement." After clearing the basement "Mwahahaa, you are only delaying the inevitable BLAH BLAH BLAH" etc. Before him, the spider lady spills the same crap. Kill the bastard and the next act Diablo does it again. The mighty angels of heaven are dumb, enormously dumb. I will not waste any more words about this. I noticed this in other Blizzard games too. In terms of storytelling they move further away from complex stories and more towards clichés and childishness.
  62. Oct 4, 2015
    Blizzard destroyed the glorious Diablo franchise with this title, the same way Ubisoft is butchering Heroes of Might and Magic. Diablo 3 feels bland, boring, grindy. There is no atmosphere, no terror, it's just a dumb game aimed at casual players.
    If you played and enjoyed Diablo I and II, then beware: DO NOT buy this generic crap!
    I could be forgiving with indie developers, but
    I could be forgiving with indie developers, but Blizzard... seriously? There is no excuse for this disaster.
    A sad, angry, frustrated ZERO from a long-time fan of the series.
  63. Oct 3, 2015
    An absolute abomination in the Diablo franchise. Websites and magazines gave it high scores almost entirely out of hype, and also because of a rush to get scores out as soon as possible, which gave them no time to actually extensively play the game, which is what is required to see it for what it truly is. Diablo 3 is a small, shallow game that strips away most everything that made DiabloAn absolute abomination in the Diablo franchise. Websites and magazines gave it high scores almost entirely out of hype, and also because of a rush to get scores out as soon as possible, which gave them no time to actually extensively play the game, which is what is required to see it for what it truly is. Diablo 3 is a small, shallow game that strips away most everything that made Diablo great. The combat and polish to the game feels absolutely fantastic, however, so on a quick play through you might swear you are trudging through a fantastic game. It's only skin deep, though, and the fanbase knows it.

Please, do not buy and support this game. It represents everything that is wrong in the gaming industry. The development team was madly out of touch with the player base. It disrespected the Diablo lore, franchise and game mechanics, and it just flat-out has no real depth... Player-dealt Elemental damage is purely aesthetic with no actual nuanced function, Itemization is simplified down to "get more strength to deal damage" or "get more dexterity to deal damage" or "get more intelligence to deal more damage." Depth is just nonexistent. A horrible death sentence to a game that is supposed to thrive on its replayability.

Go play Path of Exile instead. The combat is clunkier and it lacks the polish of a Blizzard game, but it is free and if you stick with it, you will be rewarded with a wildly deep game that demolishes Diablo 3.
  64. Sep 18, 2015
    Well, everything is said already. This game is trash. I bought it at 60$us almost the day it was released. I don't regret because I was a huge fan of Diablo 2.

I'm giving 2 points, 1 for the great graphics, and another for the rebuild of abilities. Everything else is trash. You have to be connected to Internet to play single player, sometimes the server is down, you have a limit for

Everything else is trash. You have to be connected to Internet to play single player, sometimes the server is down, you have a limit for heroes created, etc, etc.

So disgusting the level of greediness Blizzard achieved with this title.
  65. Sep 10, 2015
    I am a fan of the Diablo series and I can say I very much enjoy what Diablo 3 has to offer. The game play is great and stays true to the hack and slash RPG I fell in love with years ago. I would say 80% of the negative reviews on here are the launch day server issues. While understandably frustrating for many, it is no reason to pout and make a good game look horrid to future players.
  66. Sep 1, 2015
    Horrendously disappointing and borderline unplayable at launch, but fair play to Blizz, they really turned this one around with later patches and the expansion. Always online still sucks.
  67. Sep 1, 2015
    I never saw a Linear Story Line as Much as Diablo III, This Sequel is made to sell only, Blizzard Forgot that they should design an Enjoying Game, Making a Single Player game requires Internet 100% of time is a huge rip off,
  68. Aug 21, 2015
    I did not like D3 when it first launched. After Reaper of Souls and the removal of the Auction House, I must admit that I love D3 now. Only 2 points off for having to be online all the time. It would be a 10 with offline mode.
  69. Aug 4, 2015
    While not as good as Diablo Hellfire, and not being the evolution i was hoping for, the game still vastly improves upon the 2nd part, and scores with a completely overworked Skill system, that doesnt rely on numbers anymore. Additionaly, a selection of passive skills, a crafting feature, more comfort and improved mercenaries, which are really useful now, have been added to the game.While not as good as Diablo Hellfire, and not being the evolution i was hoping for, the game still vastly improves upon the 2nd part, and scores with a completely overworked Skill system, that doesnt rely on numbers anymore. Additionaly, a selection of passive skills, a crafting feature, more comfort and improved mercenaries, which are really useful now, have been added to the game.

Where the game still fails, is level design, more significant improvements and changes, and especially: a dark, terrifying atmosphere...

All in all, while not outstanding, still a very funny game and solid 8 points!
  70. Aug 3, 2015
    I just don't get how people are sooo angry with D3... I actually hardly believe they really played the game more than 10 minutes...

I played Diablo II thousands of hours. I played Median XL Hardcore up to the point I was bored loosing 200h+ character and starting again at Act 1 with the possibility to die level 10 in the first quest... In what is Diablo 3 so sub-par? I don't see in

In what is Diablo 3 so sub-par? I don't see in any of those red dots providing any real reason.

Let's think about it for a second...

You cannot attribute skill points: SO WHAT? You play a Mage in D2? You put everything in Vitality and Mana and that's it. You save some points in case of a looted item requires some strenght or dexterity. Ok... Is that mineblowing experience? NO IT'S NOT, IT'S JUST USELESS.C'mon... Let's stop joking. It was just boring... Miserable argument.

"Naaah Diablo 3 suxxxx, You only have 6 skills + 3 passive while in Diablo 2 you had so many (from F1 to F12)". You NOOBS!!!! In Diablo 2, you had 120 skill points (a bit more with the quests). If you put points here and there, you die. You had to put all the points in, guess how many skills since you can put maximum 20 points in one skill?? 6 Skills!!! Oh my God!!!!! It is less than Diablo 3... So again a miserable argument... And actually Diablo 3 skill system is much better. According to your loot you will change your skills and you actually REALLY use your 6 active skills, which is far more than Diablo 2 where you used maybe 2 or 3 active skills, the rest being passive.

What more???? "ho it's not challenging". Ok, vanilla D3 wasn't at all. Got a point. However since the 2.2 patch it is challenging. As a Hardcore player, it really is... As in Diablo 2 Median XL, make a single mistake, you're just dead. It is as challenging as Diablo 2 Median XL, the challenge just comes a couple of 10 hours later.

"Yeah yeah, you can choose your difficulty", but in Nephalem Rifts you cannot... And the whole point in the game is that one. Nephalem rifts, getting harder and harder, as in Diablo 2.

"Diablo 3 is just like farming over and over". C'moooon BULL***T!!!!! Diablo 2 it was the same. With all of my friends we did hours of farming since Median XL is extremely difficult... I remember farming the Sewers in Act 2 (in Normal difficulty already...) for hours: even less rewarding than Nephalem Rifts.

The game however is not perfect. You can play max at 4 which is really something they could avoid. You cannot trade objects, even if playing a private game. However it still makes sense, since D3 can be very challenging the affixes of the items are made so that it fits with your class. No reason to trade then. In the end, yes, you play the way Blizzard wants you to play. But I'm fine with it.

I love opening the game when I have 20m free, opening a rift, empty it with the same adrenaline rush I had in Median XL. Kill the boss, feel relaxed, looking at the loot, optimize, shut down my computer. In this, Diablo 3 is just perfect. It reallt fitts my needs.

Yes hardcore players play 2000h+ do rifts level 50+, but there really is place for casual gamers as I am now, as I just mentionned, you can play for 20m and go. Which something you couldn't do in Diablo 2. You start playing Diablo2, you need to play hours.
  71. Aug 1, 2015
    used to be a decent game rpgs are not my style but the story was ok. it had decent classes that were kinda interesting and i enjoyed my first play through. but now blizzard has updated the game and broke it for basically all AMD graphics cards. it can be fixed by using old graphics drivers but not everyone can use old drivers and i also found out this has been a problem for more than aused to be a decent game rpgs are not my style but the story was ok. it had decent classes that were kinda interesting and i enjoyed my first play through. but now blizzard has updated the game and broke it for basically all AMD graphics cards. it can be fixed by using old graphics drivers but not everyone can use old drivers and i also found out this has been a problem for more than a year so i doubt it will be fixed any time soon

THIS GAME IS BROKEN FOR ALL AMD USERS UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH HELL TO FIX IT
  72. Jul 23, 2015
    1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's all I can say about this game. I'm a huge Diablo fan, but even after over a year of fixing, this game isn't as good as D2. The whole time I'm playing it, I feel like I'm playing a tablet game that's trying to sell me gold, or berries, or whatever. Heroes of the Storm has more tactical depth. They DID do a few things right. The mini-boss battles1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's all I can say about this game. I'm a huge Diablo fan, but even after over a year of fixing, this game isn't as good as D2. The whole time I'm playing it, I feel like I'm playing a tablet game that's trying to sell me gold, or berries, or whatever. Heroes of the Storm has more tactical depth. They DID do a few things right. The mini-boss battles are more varied and interesting. The monster abilities are cooler. The monster AI is better. The controls are tighter. It's clear that they were trying. It seems like they were on their way to a good game when management stopped them halfway through and asked them to turn it into Candy Crush.

I had all sorts of trepidation when I heard about the real-money auction house. I knew what they would have to turn the game into in order for the AH to be a big money maker. It turns out those fears were true. I hope now that Blizzard is no longer under Vivendi they can go back to making good games rather than running an elaborate online slot machine.
  73. Jul 22, 2015
    After playing another ARPG with a huge array of characters to choose from, this game just doesn't cut it. It's completely lost my interest and I see no need to play it again.
  74. Jul 18, 2015
    My score is more of my grade for Blizzard itself,

How do I even start this? I guess I can start by saying I LOVED Diablo, and Diablo 2. I still go back and play those games all the time! So naturally like most other gamer's who have been following the Diablo story line, I couldn't WAIT for Diablo 3. Diablo 3/Starcraft 2 is the start of a new era for blizzard, Money>Quality of
    My score is more of my grade for Blizzard itself,

Diablo 3/Starcraft 2 is the start of a new era for blizzard, Money>Quality of games. And yes, the goal is to make money, you're a business. But Diablo 1 was a far more innovative game in 1996 than Diablo 3. But Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank because they advertise these games but once you've bought the game you realize you were have been rolled! I never thought I would ever feel that way about blizzard!!!! nOoOoo!

Diablo 3 takes about 50,000 steps back from where they began with the first game, okay sure it's a different game. but don't call it Diablo 3, because your fan base is going to think you are building off what you've started! It is very misleading!

My suggestion to Blizzard is: Come up with a new idea... Please. "Heroes of the Storm?" Really? SC2 was the EXACT same game as SC1 with some minor tweaks in graphics.... Diablo 3:

1. RMAH

2. Terrible loot system

3.You can only play with 4 people online as opposed to diablo 2's whopping 8! That made for amazing game play!

4. Your skill damage is dependent on the damage of your equipped weapon... what? what does your sword have to do with you shooting lightning out of your hands????!!!!!

5. I found the lvl 1-6 skills to be better than the higher level skills you unlock later on. so you're stuck just doing the same combo. from lvl 1-99,

6. All the numbers in Diablo 3 are so inflated, 6000000000000000000 damage? super sayaN? INFERNO DIFFICULTY X50000000000000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

7.When playing online, you can't use your mercenary while playing with other players???? wtf?

8. I played with my cousin split screen on the XBOX because apparently on the console, "It's a totally different game." you have a total of 4 skills X,Y,A,B, in Diablo 2 I used F1-F12 and sure in D2 you could just be a spammy Hdin, But you had the ability to go beyond that. In diablo 1 you had the freedom to mix it up as well! "Sword and Shield Rogue mixed with some nuke spells, throw on the bow against those sexy succubus" ;)

9.ETC ETC ETC It goes on and on and on and on.

It's a falling from grace: Blizzard is no longer the company that it was, they have taken on the Activision CoD mentality.

The good news is. So many people STILL play D2, no joke at all ! LOL! Hope this was helpful.
  75. Jul 7, 2015
    A lot of the mistakes with this game have been fixed. Some are still outstanding however. The foremost of these is the draconic use of DRM. Not being able to play even single player durning server maintenance is beyond stupid.
  76. Jul 1, 2015
    - Good: Gameplay, Multiplayer, Setting
    - Mixed: Story, Atmosphere/Mood, Soundtrack
    - Bad: ---

Very enjoyable game, solid and polished gameplay with mediocre story.
  77. Jun 22, 2015
    This game is really cool, i give it a 9,5

The characters are so badass, they are so powerfull and their skills are amazing, i had lots of fun playing this with my friends, You can set traps, kill big bosses that seems impossible to kill at the first momments of fighting. I really had fun with the story and the fighting, items variety, and co-op. This game is short, you can do the
    This game is really cool, i give it a 9,5

This game is short, you can do the story in 8-10 hours, but is worth your time
  78. Jun 7, 2015
    After so long, this review can be free of the technical problem which marred this game at launch, and for several months. But even without them, the game is still not very good. The story is utterly cheesy and boring, the gameplay is really boring too, and the difficulty curve is completely wrong (killing Diablo on Hard is easy beyond all expectations for example ). There are far betterAfter so long, this review can be free of the technical problem which marred this game at launch, and for several months. But even without them, the game is still not very good. The story is utterly cheesy and boring, the gameplay is really boring too, and the difficulty curve is completely wrong (killing Diablo on Hard is easy beyond all expectations for example ). There are far better H&S than this one on the market today. Expand
  79. May 29, 2015
    With its flawed RNG system, dumbed down mechanics, WoW developers behind the scenes, and always online requirement comes Diablo 3 from Activision Blizzard. Enjoy the mystical disconnection adventures while rubber-banding throughout Sanctuary in your quest for (not)epic loot. Feel the power through sets and not from your character. Forget about too difficult to understand skill treesWith its flawed RNG system, dumbed down mechanics, WoW developers behind the scenes, and always online requirement comes Diablo 3 from Activision Blizzard. Enjoy the mystical disconnection adventures while rubber-banding throughout Sanctuary in your quest for (not)epic loot. Feel the power through sets and not from your character. Forget about too difficult to understand skill trees because Diablo 3 has none of that. And as always, don't forget to test your skills with the amazing PvP system... Oops, well... forget about that. Don't worry, you can still trade with your friends! Oops, I forgot about that one too. Well, never mind! Because there still so much stuff to do on Diablo 3! You have rifts, greater rifts where you will die no matter what because of the amazing infinite scaling damage that no one can mitigate and the one shot mechanics from monsters! And let's not forget about the little quests in every act.

After finishing the story you will see its greatness, mindblowing!

And as always, never get too attached to a build because the wonderful dev team might break it completely in future updates! But don't worry, I'm sure you can find spare time to rebuild your character. And if your are into min-maxing well, be prepared because Blizzard wants you to dedicate 1000-3000h of playtime. Absolutely amazing!

Diablo 3 is the new definition of ARPG and Activision Blizzard know what they are doing. You are just a player, so go and play, they will dictate you how to do so, so don't worry, you won't have to use your abilities or skills to do so!

Oh, and maybe microtransactions are coming. Is there anything that this company couldn't excel at?!

Best game ever! A title worth if the Diablo tag.

I rate this 0/10. The highest this game can ever get!
  80. May 24, 2015
    So I currently play Torchlight 2 and I'm having a good time. It was years since I played a real, full fleshed out hack'n'slash (I don't count PoE, which over few months since its release turned into Festung Grind). I was wandering, if it's me liking hack'n'slash even in a subpar title (Torchlight 1 was really boring, so I didn't expect 2 to be better), or is Torchlight 2 that good.
    I've
    I've decided to try Diablo 3 free pass.

Holy cow.

And guess what, it turned out to be Torchlight 2 being good, since Diablo 3 is just terrible. My brain is still boiling from astonishment how bad Diablo 3 is in its core. It gave me a bad feeling right from the start with the terrible opening cinematic and a tutorial segment that is way too long and teaches the most basic things (click to kill an enemy! If you loose all your heal points, you die!). I know that making things accessible to even the most exceptional individuals is THE thing right now, but almost any other game does it more subtly, without "You're most probably a total idiot, let me show you how to poop". I don't know what target audience of Diablo 3 Blizzard decided to be, I personally felt insulted by the introductory segment.
    Also, Blizzard mistook "accessible" with "dumbed down". The acessibility is achieved by explaining the mechanics to the player - the mechanics still can be pretty complicated and the character build up require a lot of thinking and looking forward (hey, isn't it what h'n's are all about in THE FIRST PLACE?). Torchlight 2 despite being accessible as one could imagine, still requires some knowledge and skill with constructing your character, where Diablo 3 builds character for you, basically. You don't spend any character points, skill points. You will just choose the most optimal skill from a limited pool of skills accessible all the time (with instant runes, what?). The only freedom of building your character is... choosing an item. Holy **** So, there are no builds at all and everyone playing one class is basically playing the same build.
    Over the course of recent years, since Wrath of the Lich King was released, Blizzard seems to lost the touch with reality and probably forgot what made their past games great. The real difference between pre-Wotlk Blizzard and post-Wotlk Blizzard is that Diablo 2, vanilla WoW, Starcraft, Warcraft will be considered to be absolute classics that build up a great chunk of PC gaming's history, and that the later Blizzard games (recent WoW expansions, Hearthstone, Diablo 3 and Overwatch) are basically milking machines (or tried to be milking machines - Diablo 3's real cash auction house) made with a little thought whatsoever, extremely basic at their cores, suited up for the lowest possible denominator, with a toxic pay-a-lot-to-enjoy tactics (Hearthstone is basically a virtual casino).
    It's not how sequel to Diablo 2 should look like, not at all. It should be bigger, more complex, more polished, it should be Diablo 2 x 2. Diablo 3 is a handicapped version of Diablo 2 that failed to capture the basic feel of the series - the grim enjoyment of mowing down hordes of demons with your gothic character.
    Now you have World of Warcraft cartoon witch hunters hunting Torchlight's blobs... There are games where visuals and overall art direction matters a lot. Diablo is one of them. And Diablo 3 failed miserably at recreating previous games' soul. It's really disturbing how Tristam doesn't feel like Tristam at all, how Deckard Cain feels absolutely off his character, and how Diablo from a lord of hell hordes became an anime kawaii monster with **** and with them sexy hips for nerds. EVERY OTHER CONCEPT ART OF DIABLO WAS BETTER, why did they decided to pick the most terrible one?!

It's a really subpar h'n's game and one of the worst Diablo clones I've ever played. Torchlight 1 is better. And Torchlight 2 feels more like Diablo 2 gameplay wise, although it's set in a totally different environment (the ripped off music is there, though).
    Diablo 3 could be fine, if it was called "Hell Fight" or something like that, and was sold for 10$ at the release. It really doesn't offer enough to justify any higher price tag. But it's called Diablo 3.
  81. May 17, 2015
    The graphic of this game is simply amazing, like the atmosphere of the game. Longevity and gameplay are really high, and the multiplayer is well organized. I think this game is really really good and it's probably almost perfect! :)
  82. May 7, 2015
    This review is long overdue. Long time Diablo fan - until the release of Diablo 3. The most shameful, audience-hateful, blatant fleecing of a fanbase to ever occur. I hope to god almighty that the people responsible for destroying this great franchise are forever haunted by just how many people they let down. If I were on the team responsible for this debacle, I would never touch a gameThis review is long overdue. Long time Diablo fan - until the release of Diablo 3. The most shameful, audience-hateful, blatant fleecing of a fanbase to ever occur. I hope to god almighty that the people responsible for destroying this great franchise are forever haunted by just how many people they let down. If I were on the team responsible for this debacle, I would never touch a game again. My sins would be too great to atone for. What an embarrassment to the once-hallowed Diablo series. For shame, you limp, flaccid and money-hungry nuggets. For shame. Expand
  83. May 3, 2015
    This game is personally the biggest letdown in my life as far as gaming goes. Always online extreme piracy measures. Failure to implement the arena pvp. What irks me the most about the game is all the high reviews by "The most trusted names in gaming". Imo this game is a steaming pile of garbage.
  84. Apr 26, 2015
    "diablo 2 converted to casual audience with enhanced warcraft 3 graphics".

* no option to set strength/vitality/dexterinty/inteligence - AUTOMATIC * no option to set skills - AUTOMATIC * half of items in equipment is "legendary" just after 1st act * no more random levels. you have arrow showing you where to go * super easy. I play D3 first and 3rd difficulty level its so easy. i
    "diablo 2 converted to casual audience with enhanced warcraft 3 graphics".

* no option to set strength/vitality/dexterinty/inteligence - AUTOMATIC
    * no option to set skills - AUTOMATIC
    * half of items in equipment is "legendary" just after 1st act
    * no more random levels. you have arrow showing you where to go
    * super easy. I play D3 first and 3rd difficulty level its so easy. i kill all bosses, enemys, everything with two spells

so basically you dont create character AT ALL, you can only find items, that's it

In D2 everyone had to read various character builds, guides, save skills up to level 30 and many more.

And in D3 everything is dumbed down completely. D2 also had great replayability value as HUGE levels was randomly generated. Now levels are same and ultra samll.

surely Diablo 3 still nice game but its not really Diablo anymore.

+ not bad graphics + sound, translation, story - dumbed down for casual to obvilion
  85. Mar 28, 2015
    Diablo 2 is my favourite hack and slay game on PC, so i just can give Diablo 3 a 0 out of 10. Blizzard made everything wrong in this game. Especially in 2012 at release. Servers not reachable and no possibilty to play offline. Real Money AH.... Skillsystem for 5 year old kids.... The things that i like in Diablo are not in the game. For example, a great Offline Single Player, well thoughtDiablo 2 is my favourite hack and slay game on PC, so i just can give Diablo 3 a 0 out of 10. Blizzard made everything wrong in this game. Especially in 2012 at release. Servers not reachable and no possibilty to play offline. Real Money AH.... Skillsystem for 5 year old kids.... The things that i like in Diablo are not in the game. For example, a great Offline Single Player, well thought out skill system with synergies, dark depressing and grown up look, a Diablo-boss Model thats worthy. When i saw Diablo as a boss in Diablo 2 the first time, my heart beat was 200 and i was afraid of being killed. But when i saw Diablo in Diablo 3 i thought, are you **** kidding me??? Thats it? looking like **** Andariel in Diablo 2. There are People who payed 60 bucks at release and 40 for reapers of souls. Blizzard tryed to make it better over the years. But they aren't able to make the diablo 3 that it should be. skill System has got paragon System, that makes it a Little better. but still no offline mode and loot is still not as good as it could be. It's a pity that they didn't take the things that are good in diablo 2 to diablo 3 and make better graphics and a few things new or things that were bad in diablo 2 better. Instead of this they made everything different and in my opinion thats no longer a diablo game. =( Expand
  86. Mar 26, 2015
    the Game itself can make much fun but the Champions,Bosses and Portal Guards are just unfair und a Pain to fight against. i don't know why i need to play as Demon Hunter against a group of 6 champions which can Teleport me and themself, block my way and pull me every time to them and they got more Abilities.... This makes no fun, is just unfair and bring me several ingame Deaths.. if theythe Game itself can make much fun but the Champions,Bosses and Portal Guards are just unfair und a Pain to fight against. i don't know why i need to play as Demon Hunter against a group of 6 champions which can Teleport me and themself, block my way and pull me every time to them and they got more Abilities.... This makes no fun, is just unfair and bring me several ingame Deaths.. if they would remove such unfair Abilities or just the Combination of such things it may would be fun to play again, like Diablo 2. but in the actual version of this game (date: 26.3.15) this is just a pain to play and this game is the worst Part of the game Series .... take your money and buy Diablo 2 with its Expansion and you will have much more fun ..... Expand
  87. Mar 18, 2015
    It's not as terrible as its reputation for fan-boy rage might suggest, but it's not up to par either. It's merely mediocre. If that's good enough for you, then go hog wild. If not, there are way better games out there to waste your money on.
  88. Mar 14, 2015
    I m a single player gamer. Don't care for co op or other related build&trading stuff so to me this is a great H&S as it is NOW (don't know how it was in 2012. only recently bought the game and expansion)
    I have played first 2 games when they came out. Liked the first for what it was, never give into the hype of second, it was ok H&S even if a little bit too long. (probably because grind is not my thing).
    As a single player experience, Diablo 3 is an improvement as much as I can see it- the voice acting smoothens the story progression, its fun. The art style and dedication to details in this regard is top notch. The music is ok. Overall atmosphere is almost there as previous games.
    Of course there are some cons: limited leveling options, auto level stats, graphic is dated even for 2012.,real zoom and 360 camera rotation should be norm by now for this kind of isometric clickfeast.
    Overall im having fun I like the atmosphere and for people critiquing that its linear, please....the first 2 were go-kill-end quest. Now at least there is a little bit of dialogue to make it more interesting.
  89. Jan 11, 2015
    Wizards and monks can use same weapons and armor as Barb but barb can't use ranged weapons, wands or staffs. In both my groups the barb has become pointless due to overpowering wizard using spear and shield and monk using some sort of polearm coupled with his skills. My barb can't keep up even using a two handed weapon. Doesn't make any sense that the barb is limited while the others areWizards and monks can use same weapons and armor as Barb but barb can't use ranged weapons, wands or staffs. In both my groups the barb has become pointless due to overpowering wizard using spear and shield and monk using some sort of polearm coupled with his skills. My barb can't keep up even using a two handed weapon. Doesn't make any sense that the barb is limited while the others are not in their weapon and armor choices. Who ever heard of a wizard using a shield? I'm sure this is a good game overall but I can't see past the unfairness to the barbarian. If I wasn't committed to two groups right now I probably would stop playing. Couple this with the fact I can't play without an internet connection and this feels like a waste of money. Expand
  90. Dec 16, 2014
    Unfortunately bears little resemblence to Diablo 1 & 2 in concept and execution beneath the glossy surface. What Diablo 3 has going for it, is the fluid and enjoyable combat dynamics, but what's against it is tremendous.

It launched with an Auction House that made it a glorified trading simulator with an Action RPG backend. The Auction House was removed at a point when many had already lost interest in the game, and we were left with a linear, repetitive storyline and a game that needed massive and regular rebalancing, leading me to wonder what Blizzard did all those (10!) years this game was in development?

Beyond the game balance issues, the item issues (a cornerstone to this kind of game), it had a very simple character attribute system put in the game's control, so you had few ways to influence the way your character developed beyond the gear. This made the game become extremely gear focused and dependant -- even a fireball skill would depend on how much damage an equipped axe would do! Completely defying logic.

Most concering of all, was that the original games suffered from none of these issues, and they were likely the result of a game development team having more experience from MMO games and World of Warcraft, than hardcore Diablo gaming.

In short, it looks like a Diablo, but it doesn't play much like one.

The lead game director was later pulled from this project, and a glimmer of hope was lit in its expansion: Reaper of Souls. Unfortunately, few of the redeeming qualities in that expansion (Adventure Mode, the Rift system) trickled down to this poor humpbacked game.
  91. Dec 12, 2014
    If you're a fan of the old games, this will let you down in virtually every way. It's not the classic RPG you know, it's a hack 'n slash. The replayability could be better and the content could definitely be broader considering the amount of time they had to make it. To the credit of all the people crushing this game with negative votes, they have a point if you're a fan of D1 & D2.If you're a fan of the old games, this will let you down in virtually every way. It's not the classic RPG you know, it's a hack 'n slash. The replayability could be better and the content could definitely be broader considering the amount of time they had to make it. To the credit of all the people crushing this game with negative votes, they have a point if you're a fan of D1 & D2.

That being said, this game by itself, without thinking about its forefathers and the style of play they brought to the table, it's not a bad game to play with a bunch of friends that you want to just beat mobs up with and raid dungeons for the #loots. People tend to get on a bandwagon for only one line of thought when it comes to these types of games. The older generation of gamers that played Diablo in the 90s are definitely entitled to ask Blizzard why they would deviate from the recipe of what makes Diablo what it is, but Diablo 3 takes a different turn that players can still enjoy.

I say all this because I don't want people to jump on Metacritic and immediately throw away the thought of getting the game altogether. If I'm to be perfectly honest, I wasn't around to appreciate D1. I was there for a little bit of D2, but when D3 came out, only my older cousins who were diehard Diablo fans had sh*t to talk. I enjoyed and still enjoy to play with my friends in cooperative kickassery of the demon population in whatever randomized dungeon we may encounter on whatever difficulty we may play in however many ways we get royally f*cked and make no mistake, this game can kick your @$$ if you don't know what you're doing. But regardless of what you may see on here, there is still potential for fun to be had regardless of the lack of respect for past games.

All I'm asking you, reader, is to try the game out for free yourself and see what you think. Don't let your mind be clouded by the reviews made by the previous generation. You can still play Diablo for 3 up until level 15 for free with the Starter Edition if I'm correct and you can experience a bit of the game yourself. If you don't like it, no one would blame you. But I urge you not to jump on the bandwagon of reviews that are based on OTHER games and not this one without having had the chance to try it yourself.

Personal Rating: 7/10

Pros:
    Lots of fun with friends (if you don't have a Debbie Downer who's nostalgic about D1 & D2)
    Dungeons are pretty well randomized
    #madlootz
    Story is a little predictable but still enjoyable (It's about the eternal conflict of Angels and Demons, 90s gamers, I don't know why you want your mind blown. It's an epic not Inception.)
    Higher difficulty levels bring loads of challenge to less skilled players

Cons:
    If you're nostalgic, chances are you won't like it
    Character customization can be a little linear and it can be easy to pick out the best abilities
    Not really an RPG it's a Hack 'n Slash
    Online play is required
    You could be spending your time playing other games
  92. Dec 10, 2014
    A shadow of its predecessors. It's not terrible and the recent expansion/patch does a lot to rectify what was originally wrong with it, but it's still not what I was hoping for as a fan of 1 and 2.

Try out the brilliant Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile instead - both of which are superior to this letdown.

Jimbo Rating: 6/10
  93. Dec 1, 2014
    This game don't look like best H&S ever. But it should be after several years of production, previously experience and budget etc. They probably spend most of that time on think how much money get from that "product". It is all reason of where it lead to. This title is not worth any attention anymore.
  94. Nov 30, 2014
    Just take a look to all positive reviews claiming things like: A) This is not like Diablo 2 but a good game, B) Not more mistakes on choosing skills because you have them all! C) How good was simplified, D) Forced online prevents that sometimes you could meet a cheater having to save & exit... etc.

Now look at all negative reviews claiming... exactly the same! So we agree on the same things: A) for good or for bad is not more the Diablo concept, B) is not more A-RPG just Hack'n Slash, C) was dumbed for consoles/casual players, D) has the worse of DRM systems and of course can't be modded.

We're all right: may be a good casual adventure if would be called "World of Diablo", but I bought a game named "Diablo 3", and if also I don't enjoy "casual adventures" this game worth nothing to me, agreed?

Finally I'll avoid talking about the Real Money Auction House present before the expansion because they couldn't maintain such shame for long time, but that explains a bit what happened to Blizzard...
  95. Nov 27, 2014
    The bosses are alright, the itemization is awful, the story is pitiful, the combat is click-click-clicky, and there is no necromancer.

Played for a good while with friends, but it just doesn't have the staying power of Diablo 2. The thing that I probably hate the most is the rage timers. I fondly remember being decimated by some insane, immune to everything, group of hellbeasts on my way to Diablo in hell difficulty and spending the next hour and a half with friends trying to teleport in and out of the Act in a desperate attempt to recover bodies, find gold to repair equipment, and resurrect mercenaries. Yes, it took forever, and it seemed completely broken, but the ability to strive on and not have your way you play dictated to you by the game with silly things like arbitrary timers was one of the fun things about Diablo 2.

96. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo 3 was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it gives a sense of fun and entertainment.
  97. Nov 15, 2014
    Diablo 3 [v2.0.3]

I decided to write a review just now for that only now the vanilla game can be considered "complete". As stated, the review is based on game version 2.0.3, the latest available for the vanilla game. Notice: some comparisons with Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2 will be made. I love them both. Also Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile, and I really like both of them. Skills,
    Diablo 3 [v2.0.3]

Skills, attributes and classes: no more a fixed and permanent skill system but a flexible and fun one, that allows to change skills anytime but while fighting. Fair enough. No more frustration and "start over again and again after having screwed up by wrongly allocating a point into a useless skill" or just "to try out different builds". Madness. Another more than good ARPG, Torchlight 2, didn't satisfied me, even though I should play it again with the latest updates, providing the players with bland, generic skills and an (the) "old" skill system.
    - UP TO LVL 60 - No more spamming of points into vitality. Instead, when leveling up, you receive 3 points for the main stat (depending on the char in use), 2 points to vitality and 1 for the remaining two (secondary) stats.
    - OVER LVL 60 - Paragon system. Now, after reaching the 60th level you'll earn Paragon levels (starting from 1). Each level players gain 1 point to spend among CORE, OFFENSE, DEFENSE and UTILITY, each of them with 4 attributes. Points are gained through a "rotation system", starting with Paragon LVL 1, 1 point to spend into CORE, PLVL 2, 1 point to spend into OFFENCE, and on. After having maxed out OFFENSE, DEFENCE, UTILITY (50 total points each), all the points gained will be available to spend into CORE. Paragon leveling, as of now, is infinite. Paragons are shared through game modes, meaning that every PLVL gained is shared through all of the characters of that mode (being two, NORMAL and HARDCORE).
    Finally, classes worth playing and gender-wise. I enjoy playing every class and I can decide which gender to chose. That dull and limited (though some classes/builds were AWESOME) system in D2 is finally gone. Torchlight's classes are as generic and shallow as the skills.

Randomization, replay value: Mixed. In D3, developers decided to have most of the outdoor areas fixed, with some spots having the chance to spawn "random events". Entrances/exits are also fixed. On one hand, this gave devs the chance to create a more unique and consistent world, on the other one, replay value decreased; indoors are mostly random, though on release some of them presented less variation than intended.. that has been fixed soon after.
    Story and Adventure mode. Players can chose to play through the standard story mode or the latter, where events like Nephalem/Greater Rifts, Bounties and Infernal Machine can be found; seasons and some more competitive adds are also present.
    Itemization: Initially, the game was plagued with a really bad itemization; Legendaries were not only too rare (not so much for me) but also quite weak and plain. Not only, yellows were often a better option. Later patches fixed the issues. The Auction House (which I seldomly used and wasn't again it) has been removed with patch 2.0. It was a good way (along with the ONLINE requirement, which is a good thing, IMO) to prevent scams, bots, illegal trades/traders to ruin and pirate the game.. but with the early (not working) itemization it just served as a destructive mean.
    Customization-wise, the game is clear of junk and offers quite many possibilities to customize and/or improve customization. Compared to MH and PoE, D3's much less confusing and not filled with useless crap.

List of negative points:

- "The Butcher" (from Diablo 1) and "Izual" (from Diablo 2). Merely a commercial/emotional attachment maneuver. Useless. It would have been better to introduce something new as they add nothing and are not story-wise and non-sense.
    - The death of Deckard Cain. I'm not all against the death itself, but him being killed by a (why even bother on creating that char) a silly mob.
    - In-game movies. Why? Useless, pace/atmosphere-killers and ugly.
    - End movie/music too mainstream and not really Diablo-esque.
    - Arena-like fights: Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2 boss fights are, in some way, better as they are not tied to a closed, out-of-the-world place.

Overall:

Graphic: 8
    Art: 9
    Sound: 8
    Music: 9
    Gameplay: 8
    Replay value: 8
    Uniqueness: 9

Partial: 8.4

I find the game a huge improvement compared to the predecessor. People only argue 'cause they expected a D2.5. Also, IMO, it's a step-forward in the genre. People argue just to. If I had to give a score of the game soon after release, I'd give it a 7.4.

*DX9 with improvements from latest versions; good, polished and quite scalable
    **clean, smooth and distinctive
  98. Nov 12, 2014
    A hollow sequel with a punishingly unfair economic system that makes no sense and takes the fun out of playing. How anyone takes that long to make a game worse eludes and confuses me.
  99. Nov 12, 2014
    It's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it'sIt's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it's original state I would have given it a 7/10, so it's obvious that those giving it anything below a "4" have the typical "gamer butt hurt syndrome". Some gamers have no sense of responsibility and just want to rag on a decent game because of one or two mistakes. Disgusting. In this day and age people listen to those reviews and act accordingly. Why bother posting an inaccurate review?

This game as it stands today is highly addicting, fast-paced, loot-gathering fun. The only thing I missed was not being able to assign attribute points, but I understand the reasoning behind taking it away. Thank god finally everyone gets their own loot drops! That was my major gripe about Diablo 2.

Any fan of Diablo games needs to pick this up...now! And everyone else should strongly consider giving it a try.
  100. Nov 8, 2014
    In first place (in terms of gameplay) Diablo 3 has NOTHING in common with its "predecessor" more than the point & click isometric system. Diablo 2 is ARPG while Diablo 3 is Hack'n Slash, i.e. has banished all "RPG content" from the game, so at max level your character will be exactly the same of all characters in the entire game only differentiated in items like each kind of non-rpg games.In first place (in terms of gameplay) Diablo 3 has NOTHING in common with its "predecessor" more than the point & click isometric system. Diablo 2 is ARPG while Diablo 3 is Hack'n Slash, i.e. has banished all "RPG content" from the game, so at max level your character will be exactly the same of all characters in the entire game only differentiated in items like each kind of non-rpg games.

The game itself is absolutely CASUAL in each possible level, you can use all your skills at any time and they are not leveled, new features as paragon and such are only extensions of a boring and unrewarding game system in which if you "end" any possible progression obtaining certain items, that closes the opportunity to make builds playing with stats and skill trees...

But maybe the worse is its "DRM" system without offline mode, so you can't play it without a connection even in single player campaign, and of course you can't improve it with mods, so, you has a "successor" of a game with Offline, LAN and Online, but without two of its game modes, is one of the few times in which a successor has LESS than its predecessor...

I will not mention the "Pay2Win" from earlier version but shame of you Blizzard for convert the best ARPG franchise in a parody at each possible level, shame!

I finish my disclaimer pointing that its "expansion" (that is not an expansion but a different game, should be named "Diablo 4"), has changed almost ALL of the gameplay confirming (directly from Blizzard itself) that the original Diablo 3 sucks.

Blizzard, I will never forgive you, you can be awesome in the rest of your games but converting Diablo 3 in a MMO like WoW (and its "expansion" confirms this tendency) is a crime against the people who made this franchise famous.
  101. Dec 25, 2012
    I registered here, to write this review as a warning for everyone who is using upper/high end hardware.

First of all, the game will be stuttering and run choppy in general if you don´t have the game files either on a SSD or a USB stick. Due to the coding, it doesn´t work as it should if installed on a HDD. Second, the support of high end hardware is horrible. You will not

Second, the support of high end hardware is horrible. You will not get stable FPS no matter what setting you´ll use, new drivers generally made everything worse and it seems it isn´t in both nVidia´s nor Blizzard´s interest to make this game run well. A recent example are random game freezes which happen using the new WHQL nVidia driver 310.70.

The story isn´t worth it. The item system, compared to D2 where it was probably the #1 fun factor of this game, is horrible.
    In the end you´ll find yourself doing runs after runs filling your inventory with countless rares, which 99% of the time will be worth- and useless. Even if you´ll find a legendary, there will be so many RNG rolls on that items that in the end it will most likely turn out bad, let alone that most legendaries are useless anyway. This was very different with the equivalent uniques of D2, and will bore you moreso than give any satisfaction.

The skill cap is so low, especially because you´re restricted to only use 6 abilities at a time. In D2 you had access to ALL your skills anytime.
    You only seem to get dumber playing this game, honestly.

1. Aug 31, 2012