Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jan 15, 2014
    This is more of a review on the official critics, both here and on other sites. When you google Diablo 3 review, you see ridiculously high ratings across the board, some teetering on the edge of 10/10...

What game were they playing? IMO, they were playing greedy buggers. Marking down a Blizzard game seems almost sacrilegious. Having an honest opinion seems to require too much competency, or moral fiber, or some other factor, because I haven't seen one yet in regards to this game.

It's a glaring insult to this site's readers when the official critics have a this turd at 8.8/10. Right beside it is a far more honest take on Diablo 2's retarded step child. With laughably bad story, dialogue, cinematic boss fights *ugggghhh -_-*, terrible balancing issues, melee hatred, a need for A2 inferno items to complete A1 Inferno, moronically bad legendaries, a requirement to rely on the AH to get 95% of your end game gear, the AH in and of itself... The list goes on, markedly worse being the most ignominious demise of one of gaming history's most beloved characters, Deckard Cain....death by dominatrix slutterfy *shudder*

What good points this game has are few and far between; not even the atmosphere is remotely near the mark! For many, seemingly most, fans of the Diablo franchise, this game was a terrible, decade late blow. I, personally, don't even consider it to be canon, preferring to hold out hope that the D3 team will be eradicated with extraordinary prejudice and replaced by a team who will release a truly worthwhile successor to one of the most heavily awarded and best loved RPG series of all time. For free. I can dream, can't I?

I rarely take official reviews under consideration as fluffing up crap games is just one of the many tools video game companies use to sell their games. This, though, is just so unabashedly rotten that I feel disgusted. Blizzard hasn't been Blizzard for years, and these glowing reviews are terrible attempts at adding shine to a turd.
  2. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is a shame. It betrays the atmosphere of previous episodes,which were much darker. Cooldowsns in skills, forced internet connexion, real money device, seriously. Blizzard has gone completely wrong and is destroying so many ips...
  3. kpc
    Jan 13, 2014
    An unmitigated disaster.

An unmitigated disaster.

I've tried evaluating the game on its own merits, though doing so is merely an exercise in reality denial for etiquette's sake. On that level, it lacks very basic RPG replayability features like skipping through dialogue, story variation, meaningful choices, environment randomization, and bosses more difficult than trash packs. On the plus side, Diablo has boobs. If this were brand new IP, I'd consider giving it 1 or 2 out of 10 for the fine graphic detail if nothing else.

As a chapter in the hallowed Diablo franchise, it goes from bad to unquestionably the biggest disappointment in the history of gaming. And I'm not even one of those who holds up D1 or D2 as the greatest games ever. Both had many flaws I considered gamebreaking and exasperating. But they both had that "it" factor. D3 has a variation of that... prefixed by "sh". The eerieness and danger of the previous games is completely absent. Godlike demons mock the player using taunts befitting a third grade playground. The whole experience feels cheap and rushed, especially the inane dialogue and awful voice acting. The only thing I can truthfully call an improvement over the prequels would be the cutscenes... too bad you have swim thirty laps through an olympic size pool full of raw sewage to get two minutes of fresh air.

I won't go so far as to cast aspersions on the pro reviewers over there regarding whether they were paid for that 88 metascore, but I do highly doubt they bothered playing the game more than a few hours before rendering their verdict. Indeed, D3 seems designed to let a reviewer check items off their rubric in Act 1, intentionally obscuring the fetid fecal matter lurking beneath. Act 1 even occasionally drops some useful, well-itemized loot, hinting that the rest of the game will follow suit. If only it were so.

What about that "Blizzard polish"? Wasted... on a micro transaction system of all things. I mean, if you're going to bollucks up something this badly, at least go for broke trying to innovate something people actually want. If you screw up trying to make it work with gesture control, or make too many abilities to choose from, or introduce a never before seen game mechanic, that's forgivable. But using paying customers and your most beloved brand to focus group test Bobby Kotick's microtransaction wet dream is just despicable on all levels.

So the game has just enough of that Blizzard polish to make it distinguishable from a Chinese F2P translated into broken English... great job team. Unfortunately the polish was spread unevenly, and it is abundantly clear that the lion's share of the development effort in this game went toward driving people to the RMAH after selling them a title undeservedly bearing the Diablo franchise name at full retail price. Not that it matters; the game is terrible with or without the RMAH. No amount of polish will bail you out if the core product is lacking the fundamentals. Ask the FFXIV developers... whose first attempt was still many orders of magnitude better than D3 and they were all fired.

I would be remiss if I did not address the always online DRM, the icing on this failcake. Those with satellite internet, rural DSL, or basically anyone outside of big cities in the first world with sub-50ms latency need not apply. Sounds like a good business plan to me. No, let's let everyone lag to hell because it's easier to not have to actually fix exploits and regulate the online community. But yeah, let's still have hardcore mode... nothing says skill like a reliable internet connection and dodging lag spikes. D3's sole innovation in the genre... showing the world to what extreme DRM brute force can be taken and still sell games on name recognition alone.

So let's pretend for one minute that the game isn't terrible. Let's pretend that it is the most awe-inspiring artwork of a game ever created or ever even imagined. Guess what... it still gets a 0. A Ferrari gets a 0/10 as a car, no matter how pretty it is or how fast it can theoretically go, if it won't bloody start. No one, and I mean no one, will ever make a single player RPG so good that they get to dictate how I play it or require that I let them watch my activity, lest I might try to steal something, AFTER I GODDAMN WELL PAID FOR IT. Arrogant, authoritarian nonsense like this makes me want to START botting and hacking just to piss them off, and I have never been even mildly tempted to do either.

D3 has succeeded in one thing however: converting a formerly wide-eyed, kid-in-a-candy-store, diehard fan of Blizzard's game craftmanship into a "never again" cynic, instantly suspicious of anything Activision (let's face facts... there is no Blizzard any more) will ever produce.

TLDR: You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.
  4. Jan 13, 2014
    Seriously, this game fail everywhere that diablo 2 succeeded. Now they are killing the game by removing the economy system. Good luck to find items now.
  5. Jan 12, 2014
    Avoid it at all costs!! I got this title free from Blizzard because of a WoW subscription promotion and even paying for WoW and getting a special mount it DID NOT worth it. It cannot be compared to Diablo I and II. The end was something that most players will feel more painful that ME3 and DA2. Not even for free I got satisfied. You have been warned!!
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is one of the most boring games I have ever played. Now I don't look for bad games and almost every game i've played has had something fun about it. the only game I have ever played and had no fun what so ever is this one. there is no character customization, no variation in what skills you can learn and no variation in the game aside from what class you choose. Its game-play isThis game is one of the most boring games I have ever played. Now I don't look for bad games and almost every game i've played has had something fun about it. the only game I have ever played and had no fun what so ever is this one. there is no character customization, no variation in what skills you can learn and no variation in the game aside from what class you choose. Its game-play is that of a line walking button mashing experience. Expand
  7. Jan 1, 2014
    Diablo 3 has been one of the greatest disappointments for me since I play Video games. The main reasons are:
    1: The game is pathetically easy. On my first run though I played a monk. In the entire game I used a single health potion and I died one single time, mostly because I wasn't paying attention anymore due to an overdose of boredom. I am NOT a hardcore gamer.
    2. With the
    2. With the introduction of dragonball z-like fighting sequences the game has received a touch of ridiculousness (e.g. is the daemon hunter firing bolts with mounted miniature-nuclear-warheads??)
    3. Extremely boring gameplay: Just left click the mouse and hordes of monsters will die, often even accidently while to try to walk from A to B.
    4. The dialogues are no good. Most annoying are those when the heroes pat themselves on the back noticing how powerful and strong they are. And why do your main opponents need to appear to you in a vision every time you achieve a victory to mock you?? (Kiddy Junk!)
    5. The game developers paid zero dedication to small but important details which give a story (or game) an air of sinisterness, gruesomeness or fearfulness, in short, there is absolutely no horror element in the game anymore.
    6. Boring story.
    In summary blizzard did remarkably well in creating a game so close to industry standards in any regard that there remains nothing unique and special about it anymore, it is a game without flavour. A game for kids.
  8. Jan 1, 2014
    One of the most anticipated games of the decade that turned out to be one of the biggest gaming disappointments of the decade. Aside from the game play everything that made Diablo an awesome game is removed from Diablo 3. Their reason for this is clear they wanted to create and easy to port console game which had to be a watered down version of the original Diablo series. The story lineOne of the most anticipated games of the decade that turned out to be one of the biggest gaming disappointments of the decade. Aside from the game play everything that made Diablo an awesome game is removed from Diablo 3. Their reason for this is clear they wanted to create and easy to port console game which had to be a watered down version of the original Diablo series. The story line makes no sense and the items are boring and horrible. Do not buy this game. Expand
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is the definition of instant gratification, no complexity, no challenge and no depth. No permanent meaningful choices, change your mind at any point. It's a shame really because visually it looks good and it has the quality of a Blizzard game in terms of how it runs, they just made some very poor design decisions.

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay real money for success instead of putting in the time and effort. Why did Blizzard turn their backs on the previous games and still decide to call this game Diablo? This game doesn't deserve to be called Diablo.

Let this game be an example to other developers of what to avoid when developing a game.
  10. Dec 30, 2013
    I just wished and got this title as a Christmas gift. I was going away to and was really excited to play it on my laptop when i´d have alone time. I install the game and I´m hit with an incredible disappointment, I never thought I´d care so much about offline playability but now i know. Sure it was me who did´nt know this before i wished for D3 but why o why would a gaming company denyI just wished and got this title as a Christmas gift. I was going away to and was really excited to play it on my laptop when i´d have alone time. I install the game and I´m hit with an incredible disappointment, I never thought I´d care so much about offline playability but now i know. Sure it was me who did´nt know this before i wished for D3 but why o why would a gaming company deny this freedom of choice. For a title like this i mean... from me it´s gonna be a low score, not being able to even access the game unless stationed i cannot give it more. Expand
  11. Dec 29, 2013
    Worst RPG ever. Beautiful artwork but the mechanics and the endgame sucks hard. Reaper of souls is gonna be even worse than the vanilla. The new Crusader class is boring. Most of the skills are copied from the other ones. Act5 is cool but one act doesn't fix the game. Now the only end game is going to be rifts and bounties which are boring and not enough rewarding. Everything is accountWorst RPG ever. Beautiful artwork but the mechanics and the endgame sucks hard. Reaper of souls is gonna be even worse than the vanilla. The new Crusader class is boring. Most of the skills are copied from the other ones. Act5 is cool but one act doesn't fix the game. Now the only end game is going to be rifts and bounties which are boring and not enough rewarding. Everything is account bound. Public games sucks, no benefits for being in a clan. I played the closed beta of the expansion and I am really disappointed. It doesn't worth the money. Expand
  12. Dec 29, 2013
    Diablo 3 was good for about 7 days of gameplay, and that's it. Tremendous disappointment, stay far, far away from this and its upcoming expansion.

Here's a list of the major issues: 1) Online DRM. Leads to you not being able to play your single player game when servers are frequently down. Also you get some lag hiccups which can cause character deaths and slow down in the action.

Here's a list of the major issues:

2) Loot drops terrible. Blizzard's goal seems to be to have all players buy their gear on the real money auction house. Loot drops are plentiful garbage, with next to nothing being something you would use. 99% of my gear came from the gold auction house. This is basically an E-bay simulator, not an ARPG. I suspect Blizzard creates loot and posts it themselves on the RMAH to make more money.

3) Minimal randomization. Most of each map is the same everytime, have a few minor variations on sections.

4) Very short game. You can do a run through in a few hours of all four acts. Add point #3 to this and it makes the game boring.

5) Next to no character customization, again what's the point in playing this again?

The combat system is good, but sadly the rest of the game is not. We waited 10 years for this?
  13. Dec 27, 2013
    Diablo II is one of my favorite games and certainly the game I spent most time on, so I had certain expectations for this game and sadly it disappointed many of those.

The good: * The graphics and in-game interface are great. There's really not much to complain about here: The game looks good and the interface has many comfort features that make managing the items and character very

The good:
    * The graphics and in-game interface are great. There's really not much to complain about here: The game looks good and the interface has many comfort features that make managing the items and character very easy.

The bad:
    * Always online. There's no point in making a game that can be played alone need an internet connection. Also, the servers (Europe) have a very poor performance, even a year after the release.
    * No character customization. No stat points, no skill points. Once you're level 60, there's no reason to play the same character class again. Which leads directly to the next point:
    * No replayability. If you want your character different, you can just change the skills and items. The story is boring and the maps are always the same, too, so that doesn't exactly help.
    * Max level is too low. Absolutely stupid decision to make 60 the max level. They tried to fix it with the paragon levels, but that's just a small patch for a completely broken leveling system. Of course there will be higher levels in the expansion, why else would players buy it? Totally sad marketing strategy.
    * No ladder. Seriously? The ladder and the competition and friends that came with it was one of the greatest things about Diablo II.
    * Only 4 players per game and no open PvP.
    * No custom game names and very bad lobby interface (thanks to consoles). To create or join a game, you need to select difficulty, monster power, act and quest. That gives you about a million different combinations and with only a few thousand players online, chances are your game will be empty. All that, because consoles don't have a keyboard. Great.
    * Boring and predictable story. Not that an ARPG needs a great story, but they f*cked it up nonetheless by trying too hard.
    * No random outdoor maps. I can run through most of the game with the eyes closed by now, because the maps are always the same, except for a few randomized spots.
    * Real money auction house. The auction house is great, but including real money was a bad and greedy choice by Blizzard. Players didn't like it so instead of just removing the real money part, they will remove the whole auction house (no doubt because database queries require many servers and now that they don't make any more money with the auction house...). Greedy f*cks.
    * Removal of auction house in March 2014. Now players will get scammed on websites again when they trade items. Great.

All I really wanted was Diablo II with better graphics and interface. Diablo II had millions of fans for a good reason, but that wasn't good enough for Bli$$ard, so they went ahead and casualized the game to squeeze out every dollar they possibly can. I hope they noticed that it's going to bite them in the *ss in the long run.

The metacritic ratings tell the real story. Almost 9000 reviews. Average score 3.8. Yeah. Good f*cking job.
  14. Dec 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. one word: boring.
    ok good multiplayer and servers. no bugs. good matches numbers.
    but...
    farming with almost no results for hundreds hours, flipping in ah, spending real money when frustrated by no valuable drops.
    everybody with same builds, same items, same map path to grind. no variety. little rewards.
    and now...a addon at a high price adding features that should simply be a free patch...trying to fix the game deleting the ah, after more than a year.
    i won t buy RoS. that's for sure
  15. Dec 24, 2013
    Once you reach level 60 and you get good gear game gets booooooring. Specially when u play over and over again on same acts, Act 1 is the best in my oppinion, 2 was ok, 3 was mixed feelings and 4 is disaster, short and crap. first 2 acts has a bit of a story the rest was kill kill kill and kill the diablo done. It is way easier to get a good gear now then it was published. Now there's anOnce you reach level 60 and you get good gear game gets booooooring. Specially when u play over and over again on same acts, Act 1 is the best in my oppinion, 2 was ok, 3 was mixed feelings and 4 is disaster, short and crap. first 2 acts has a bit of a story the rest was kill kill kill and kill the diablo done. It is way easier to get a good gear now then it was published. Now there's an expansion coming out which will make game more interesting and probably more fun to play but the price is way overpriced 40$ 40€ which is worst for EU). Anyway I don't think this game scored more then 3/10 with expansion 7/10 probably. Blizzard is kinda rip of with their pricing strategy and turned a "OK" game into "Disaster". I wont recommend players purchasing much money on expansion, maybe wait for its price to drop then purchase. Expand
  16. Dec 15, 2013
    It would make a very solid hack & slash RPG except that all of the content other than equipment runs out in under four hours of gameplay.

I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Especially not a Diablo fan.
  17. Dec 14, 2013
    Fun if you are a first timer to this genre, repetitive mindless hack slash otherwise. I liked this game a lot until I noticed that I had to be connected to the internet to play it even single player. So this game has lot of DRM (digital rights mgmt), which means that you may pay full price for the game, but the game is never truly yours to own, because it is constantly dependent on aFun if you are a first timer to this genre, repetitive mindless hack slash otherwise. I liked this game a lot until I noticed that I had to be connected to the internet to play it even single player. So this game has lot of DRM (digital rights mgmt), which means that you may pay full price for the game, but the game is never truly yours to own, because it is constantly dependent on a valid log in to the developers servers. One day someone hacked my game acct. and they closed the game down on, after-which Blizzard (game developer) sent me an email stating that if I want to keep playing I have to but a completely new copy of the game. I thought that was very disrespectful considering that game security is their responsibility. I advise buying a similar game on steam or origin to avoid it getting taken away from you, because as it turns out Blizzard gets hacked a lot and therefore shuts down many innocent costumer's accts. but keeps all royalties for themselves. Expand
  18. Dec 10, 2013
    I bought D3 on the ps3 with the intention of receiving a new and refreshing gameplay experience but unfortunately after putting several hours in, I discovered that the game is super repetitive. D3 involves doing a lot of the same thing without having any real change and doesn't reward exploration due to the maps linear progression... but anyway you can invest in another video game thatI bought D3 on the ps3 with the intention of receiving a new and refreshing gameplay experience but unfortunately after putting several hours in, I discovered that the game is super repetitive. D3 involves doing a lot of the same thing without having any real change and doesn't reward exploration due to the maps linear progression... but anyway you can invest in another video game that feels great and doesn't waste your time or moneys. Expand
  19. Dec 3, 2013
    After playing the game until inferno at release i can safely say that that this games only redeeming factor is the loot system and still during that time it wasn't without its issues. Now for the bad, this game took over 10 years to make and yet somehow they managed to significantly dumb down the game play and limit builds in the process, they also made the huge mistake of patching theAfter playing the game until inferno at release i can safely say that that this games only redeeming factor is the loot system and still during that time it wasn't without its issues. Now for the bad, this game took over 10 years to make and yet somehow they managed to significantly dumb down the game play and limit builds in the process, they also made the huge mistake of patching the game as if it was is an mmo completely nerfing many character builds into the ground multiple times and forcing people to re-roll their characters due to the lack of a re-spec system, whilst i agree their shouldn't be a need for one if they couldn't get the balance right after all the closed beta it should have been a no-brainier.

Greed seems to be the root of a majority of this games issues, the always online nasty as DRM was only implemented because blizzard wanted to cash in on their real money auction house, similar to what steam does with their market transaction by taking a fixed of each sale.Obviously if cheating isn't controlled then this system wont be able to make money hence the always online DRM. My problem with this is that the game isn't and was never meant to be an mmo and blizzard offers absolutely no benefit to the game being online, they even promised PvP and it took them over a year to implement, still in its current form it's a complete joke and not what anyone expected. The server issues that the game still has to this day (added latency in single player for no reason, hc characters dying due to lag-spikes) and had during launch aren't worth mentioning because it should have never had the requirement to be online in the first place or there should have at least been an option to play with an offline and local lan only character ie; a ranked and non-ranked system.

Even if you can look past all of the above and still want to play the game because like me you loved diablo 1 and 2 and have waited 10 years for this shiny new rendition (obviously not the case or you would have played it by now) you will still be disappointed by the limited game play, severely dated and cartoony graphics and animations ripped straight from wow that completely kill the dark atmosphere the first games did so well to create. At no point in the game was there ever a remotely scary or creepy moment, if anything it felt childish and while the musical scores were ok they matter little in the grand scheme of things and do nothing to wash away the foul stench of this colossal failure.

I have not met a single dungeon crawler fan who would be willing to give this game a positive review.
  20. Nov 29, 2013
    Blizzard just want your money, they spend millions on advertisement and game-trailers to make you buy the game, once you get it? BAM! All the things they advertised on is gone, and now they have another DLC to drain more of your money, just get Path of Exile if you like A-RPGs and want to enjoy it without dumb pay to win and boring storytelling grinds
  21. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There’re so many failings with this travesty of a Diablo game that it's difficult to know where to start, I'll start with my biggest gripe about this game:

1) The necessity to farm items to stand even the slightest chance against certain enemies: you will, pretty often, run up against groups of 3 or 4 champion enemies that will teleport to surround you then wall you in then multiply so for each one you engaged there is now six then use a spell like decimate or poison and hey presto you're dead in the blink of an eye (this could be fixed if blizzard did one of the following: made the enemies spells less powerful, reduced the total number of possible powers an enemy can have or stopped some effect pairings), this gets compounded by the never ending lag: you go to engage an enemy, the picture judders a bit and all of a sudden you're waiting to re-spawn.

2) Did I mention the ever present lag? I’m pretty sure it did.

3) The characters are all pretty standard, there is very little difference between them past their active attributes: only 2 stats are worth bothering with for each character type, the rest are pretty much useless.

4) The items are much of a muchness, even with 1.4 patch it’s still a world of nerf away from being any good.

5) The story line is pretty boring and unoriginal.

6) The lesser evils you face off against are clichéd, two dimensional and don’t really fit their reputations: Azmodan, according to the game’ lore, is hell’ chief strategist yet can’t stop himself from telling you his whole plan, Belial can’t lie for s**t, is transparent, predictable and massively boring. Even Diablo sucks and in this title he’s supposed to have all the powers of the 7 evils for f**k sake.

7) This game loses all playability after the first time round, to be honest it was a struggle to even get through the first play through.
  22. Nov 27, 2013
    as a hardcore gamer my expectations were short lived when things on this game just seemed more overpowered, many over redundant, many skills obvious in choices and end game items narrowed down to the ONE and ONLY strongest Axe (skorn) in the game.
  23. Nov 25, 2013
    Diablo 3 is lite-WOW game very boring, simple, poor graphics, with lots of bugs and online problems.
    Don't waste your time and money on this and ROS addition.
  24. Nov 25, 2013
    Incredibly underwhelming. Not worth your time or money. Cartoony, lacks depth, lacks character, storyline was terrible, zero replayability, the dullest ARPG I've picked up in a long time about as bad as Space Siege.
  25. Nov 23, 2013
    I want to give the game a zero but I did play and enjoy the game at launch for the first few weeks which is something. The problem is the game was no depth, no length and no width. The graphics and content look doesn't match the subject matter. It plays like a 1-2 day console game when it's predecessor was a never-ending dungeon crawling masterpiece. The items and skills system is soI want to give the game a zero but I did play and enjoy the game at launch for the first few weeks which is something. The problem is the game was no depth, no length and no width. The graphics and content look doesn't match the subject matter. It plays like a 1-2 day console game when it's predecessor was a never-ending dungeon crawling masterpiece. The items and skills system is so painfully simple and dull there is no customization or separation between builds. Everyone uses exactly the same skills and stats because the rest are terrible.

There is really not much else to say and nothing adding an adventure mode, removing the AH and more levels can do to save this game. RoS is another cash grab for Blizzard by telling gamers what they want to hear, there is no potential here.
  26. Nov 21, 2013
    Horrible. I haven't played the game in a year and I am still offended how Blizzard conned me out of my 60.00 for their POS-10-year-in-the-making follow up to D2. The number of things that are bad about this game are many but surely the pay-to-win auction house was the worst, most offensively greedy thing in the gaming world ever. I will never buy a Blizzard game again.
  27. Nov 21, 2013
    The huge disparity between the "professional" reviews and the user reviews you tell you enough... This game has the money and backing and is being sold in every direction possible but ask any fan of the diablo franchise what they thought about this game and they will hold back their tears as they tell you about the single most disappointing event in their gaming careers.
  28. Nov 19, 2013
    I loved Diablo 2 and the LoD expansion, but this game is just a flimsy shell of a once great franchise. Removal of LAN mode and offline single player mode, all in the name of reducing piracy rates, is just appalling. I have constant lag while playing alone, and the servers are down for maintenance nearly every weekend when I want to play (2am-5am). PS3 version has offline mode, why can't the PC?
  29. Nov 18, 2013
    Its just not the game I was expecting. They shouldn't have even called it Diablo. This could be its own game with how different it is from D2.
    I like deep immersive game play, and Diablo 3 just runs short. The game feels scheduled, and I don't like that.
  30. Nov 17, 2013
    Expensive and disappointing.DRM sucks, graphics suck, too easy on normal difficulty.
    Would have been a more engaging if the difficulty progression was something just like Nightmare followed by Inferno. Gameplay is absolutely and completely lacks innovation.
    When I say it lacks innovation, I mean this is what I expected: Imagine every class has a skill that rapidly moves them from

When I say it lacks innovation, I mean this is what I expected:

Imagine every class has a skill that rapidly moves them from one location to another, for the wizard it could be teleport, barb could jump, demon hunter could cartwheel etc. There are certain enemies in the game where that skill is necessary, otherwise you cannot defeat them, or they instantly kill you, or there are places in the environment from which you cannot progress unless you use that skill. Likewise, each class has a skill that makes them temporarily invulnerable for a short period of time (again mage could phase to another dimension, barb could harden his skin, demon hunter could drop dead then come back to life a few seconds later) otherwise certain enemies will kill you instantly, or the environment will kill you unless you use that skill, and you cannot progress through the game unless you use it properly. Then the game could throw several enemies at you simultaneously where you have to use diverse skills to overcome varied obstacles.

Instead, every enemy can simply be killed with regular old damage. And you always suffer from regular old damage. You can walk the entire world from beginning to end, and the "puzzles" that you solve do not rely on reaction time or playing skill, just grab-and-go. Click click click.

Boring.