4.0

1. Sep 8, 2012
    - This game is overall ok to play. I would say for a slash and hack style it is the best one out there. But once you get to the last difficulty the game isn't fun anymore.

- The highest level in the game is 60 and the game has 4 difficulty levels, Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno. When I started I started playing I though levelling to 60 is spread onto the difficulty levels and I was shocked that I finished the game at level 30. That means to reach level 60 you have to finish the game 4 times. So boring ..

- This game requires you to have an internet connection,yes for single players ... Meaning if you have a bad internet connection you'd be lagging ... More interestingly if you playing the hardcore mode where if you die you cant recover your hero back. In hardcore mode you need to pray you dont lag or you dont lose your internet connection in serious game encounters. Lag you die you lose your progress .. how sad.

- This game requires you to kill monsters to find better items in order to make ur hero stronger. I spent approximately 400 hours playing this game since release. Where 200 hours I've been playing to find items for my hero at the last level so that it is easier to get better item by killing harder monsters. So 200 hours of nothing, which means you really have to be lucky playing this game. Getting a good item is like winning lottery.. After playing for this long I realised there is no point for me to keep going. I am sure others who are being lucky are having fun though as it is rewarding and you'd want to keep up.

- If you go onto the forums there is really poor support of the game staff where they dont really care about your opinion. - Last suggestion play the game on hardcore mode, but once you finish the it in the Normal Mode that is the first difficulty level, consider you are done.
  2. Sep 7, 2012
    I am forced to give this latest installment of the beloved Diablo series a 2 due to one simple failure: THE ITEMS. They deviated too far from the items we stayed up nights grinding for... The random generator is horrible, the graphics are too WoW-like, and even the pixels on the items are YAAAWWWWN. It doesn't give the same excitement to see the gold letters lying at your feet. TheI am forced to give this latest installment of the beloved Diablo series a 2 due to one simple failure: THE ITEMS. They deviated too far from the items we stayed up nights grinding for... The random generator is horrible, the graphics are too WoW-like, and even the pixels on the items are YAAAWWWWN. It doesn't give the same excitement to see the gold letters lying at your feet. The constant internet connection that is required to play this game is a huge disappointment so I would probably take a point or two off for that if my score wasn't already so low. The game doesn't deserve a 1 or 0 although my frustration certainly makes me want to give it one. Until they do something (else) to make the items more appealing, this game will simply suck to me. After the 10th time getting a "legendary" drop only to find out that because of cruel RNG it sucks beyond what most blue items would be... I have realized this game is just a genuine flop. Too bad it took what, 12 years to get here? Maybe after a couple of years of complaining from their loyal fan-base, Blizzard will listen and make the changes to the game that are truly needed. For this gamer, it's all about the items. Expand
  3. Sep 7, 2012
    While I did play the other Diablo games, I honestly tried to look at this game as a separate entity which was made impossible by the continual nods and unnecessary/nonsensical additions of NPCs from previous games. The graphics were cartoony, which didn't fit with the game's theme and storyline (heaven versus hell doesn't scream kiddie to me), the soundtrack was average, the builds wereWhile I did play the other Diablo games, I honestly tried to look at this game as a separate entity which was made impossible by the continual nods and unnecessary/nonsensical additions of NPCs from previous games. The graphics were cartoony, which didn't fit with the game's theme and storyline (heaven versus hell doesn't scream kiddie to me), the soundtrack was average, the builds were oversimplified and rendered making multiples of the same class pointless, the voiceacting sucked for the most part, the storyline was abysmal, there are way too many goddamn cutscenes and I strongly resent someone delegating my stat points for me. The bottom line is that this game has no substance to it and requires essentially no thought to play.

I gave it a good chance, I got a monk to level 60 and nearly maxed out a wizard because I really wanted to like this game. I haven't played for two months and I have no intention of ever playing again regardless of what Blizzard does or does not change.
  4. Sep 6, 2012
    It's obvious that the "professional critics" who wrote this game as favorable are in blizzards pocket. Unless you actually want to repeatedly kill bosses for the .000013 percent that they'll actually drop loot that will benefit your progress, you'll have to buy items in the RMAH. It's a treadmill with a carrot on a stick. Do not buy it or support Blizzard products until they stop rapingIt's obvious that the "professional critics" who wrote this game as favorable are in blizzards pocket. Unless you actually want to repeatedly kill bosses for the .000013 percent that they'll actually drop loot that will benefit your progress, you'll have to buy items in the RMAH. It's a treadmill with a carrot on a stick. Do not buy it or support Blizzard products until they stop raping their own player base. Expand
  5. Sep 6, 2012
    A classic example of trying to build upon a IP, but get lost in the process. It tries to do many things differently but in the end looses what made prior diablos special. Loot and character development.
  6. Sep 6, 2012
    I think any veteran diablo 2 player will spit this game out. It's hardly worth being called diablo in the first place. The story was bad, cain dying was bad. The game simply isn't rewarding at all. Overall the game feels like you being a chinese farmer. I played diablo 2 for years i stopped playing this game after 2 weeks. The fact that you can't go through every act in a single game makesI think any veteran diablo 2 player will spit this game out. It's hardly worth being called diablo in the first place. The story was bad, cain dying was bad. The game simply isn't rewarding at all. Overall the game feels like you being a chinese farmer. I played diablo 2 for years i stopped playing this game after 2 weeks. The fact that you can't go through every act in a single game makes the world very small. The AH completely ruins the game. All my friends have quit diablo 3 cause it feels like hitting a brick wall. I don't understand the buffs and nerfs to all the classes. This is not wow it's ok to be godly. then again perhaps blizzard got some plans for PVP like arena in wow (ruining the game even more) Expand
  7. Sep 6, 2012
    Gave me around 150 hours of "fun" so it was worth its money i guess. But i will never play a game for longer than 2 weeks when i see it IS build around an Auctionhouse and espcially not when it is build around a REAL MONEY ACUTION HOUSE! And the fact is... this game is build around that, anyone who can't see this is just blind.
  8. Sep 6, 2012
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great. - Couple of new features which never did exists on other convention RPG/HnS series before. - Well tested game as it contains almost no bug (at least non which renders the game unplayable) The Bad - Boring leveling system where character skill customization and stats is pretty much next to nil.
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great.

The Bad
    - Unbalanced game play and character progression where is it quite impossible to play the game till Inferno mode without using the auction house (well maybe if you play in groups).
    - Has an in-game economy system which should not exist on Single Play RPG games (I will emphasize on this very often because Blizzard did not market the game as MMORPG as it should be).
    - Item drop rates are very low which leads to dull constant farming run.
    - Once you reach max level on your character you lose purpose to play on (even with the new paragon system). - Low level legendary items have almost no impact to the game because it's somewhat impossible to find, thus you can only acquire them mostly on AH again. This makes the items meaningless unlike DII where you will constantly change gears which you find on your own.
    - Quests are very linear, guided and not very rewarding. One simple accomplish them to progress the game unlike DII where you get unique services (item imbue) or items (stat books)
    - Part of the game story and monsters are very much retold/reuse from previous games in the series which is extremely dull because players would want something new and surprising. Even map themes are a copy from DI and DII.
    - Requires constant internet connection to play (sometimes lag spikes appears and kills you)
    - Blizzard controls and locks players freedom to play. Gives players pressure to farm for items and gold for progression itself alone which is annoying and no fun for a game! All these should be optional on how a players wants to play. This is a problem with Blizzard these days. They simply dishes out how things should be and expect everyone to follow blindly. - Open maps are very static and even though dungeons are random generated each time it's relatively very similar.

Tonnes of other stuff which I find difficult to put into words but this game just doesn't have what it takes to attract me to play at all. Even the achievements are ridiculous. It just feels dull and have no purpose unlike it's predecessor.

To sum everything up (for those who are lazy to read), this game is definitely not worth the price/time and it is simply living on the legacy of its predecessor. I can't say the game is repetitive because I once did a 4 hours run on Mephisto in DII. No idea why I did that (for items or for the sake of leveling) either way, this game just don't seem to have the same attraction.
  9. Sep 5, 2012
    I made a account on Metacritic ONLY to make a rating for diablo 3. I usually come to Meta critic before purchasing a game just to see how it was rated in the gaming industry. Time to get down to business. The games graphics are great. When I mean great. Amazing physics, amazing design. That is the only thing this game has going for it. The auction house is garbage. The filters for findingI made a account on Metacritic ONLY to make a rating for diablo 3. I usually come to Meta critic before purchasing a game just to see how it was rated in the gaming industry. Time to get down to business. The games graphics are great. When I mean great. Amazing physics, amazing design. That is the only thing this game has going for it. The auction house is garbage. The filters for finding items blow terribly. The group making is disgusting. You find your self leaving parties left and right because the players are extremely rude or retarded. ( That is essentially in any game though... ) The game is extremely repetitive. You will be doing the same thing for hours after hours and YOU WILL GET BORED. The only way to beat the hardest parts of the game are by grinding easier difficulties for hours for drops or using the RMA ( Real Money Auction House ) The internet connection around peak hours on Sun and Sat are laggy. There is poor skill selection 2-4 skills will be all you ever use for each class. You can beat the story in about 6 hours of hard play. Long story short.. Dont buy this game they made the game to keep their company from going into the red. You will feel as if you wasted money after purchasing this game. Dont do it. I beg you.

I give this game a 1 raiting just because the graphics are very nice everything else about this game spells a 4 letter word that a dog leaves on your carpet.
  10. Sep 5, 2012
    Disappointed to say the truth. To have lag and login issues ina single player game it's just terrible. DRM for this game is insane. very boring gameplay . Especially when it's not that great a game. It almost looks browser based. I tried to like it, but since I can't even play it when I want to, it lowers the score even more for me. the story is short and not engaging at all.
  11. Sep 4, 2012
    There isn`t much to add to what have been said here. The game overall deserves a 7 tops. But, there are so many wrongdoings, that the player base cannot pass over. I have borrowed a friend`a account, that went berserk after spending 60 euros on a game which offers mediocre game play and a slightly above average story. The 3.8 user score vs the 8.8 critic score says a lot about the PR thatThere isn`t much to add to what have been said here. The game overall deserves a 7 tops. But, there are so many wrongdoings, that the player base cannot pass over. I have borrowed a friend`a account, that went berserk after spending 60 euros on a game which offers mediocre game play and a slightly above average story. The 3.8 user score vs the 8.8 critic score says a lot about the PR that blizz have (also the money they sit on). After Starcraft 2, I made the right decision not to buy any other blizz games until the prove themselves to be worthy of my money. I was right with D3. And we want the option to play sp offline if we want to. We aren`t borrowing the game from the designers, we are buying it. That entitles us to use it offline too. A long fall for blizz 4/10 Expand
  12. Sep 4, 2012
    Overall this game feels really lacking, and let me down on my high expectations. The only reason I wont rate it 1 is because I still believe Blizzard can improve the game by +2/3 points and make it a "time killer" game. No offline mode (always online DRM), unresponsive servers which wont let me play for a game I payed, repetitive mechanics and no depth. The only thing that would add isOverall this game feels really lacking, and let me down on my high expectations. The only reason I wont rate it 1 is because I still believe Blizzard can improve the game by +2/3 points and make it a "time killer" game. No offline mode (always online DRM), unresponsive servers which wont let me play for a game I payed, repetitive mechanics and no depth. The only thing that would add is Inferno which would make your all the time decisions important, but is totally turned to a pure gear farm with no skill required but having money to buy them on the auction or try grinding them on the same bosses over and over again. I score it a 2 because the first impression was good for me (didnt buy game on release and was lucky to not have server issues... initially), which totally changes after playing a few hours. Also the tree skill system has been "replaced" for a rune system which does not make over it, and feels like a small impact on each individual skill. Skip this game, there are way better options for the same price. Expand
  13. Sep 4, 2012
    Not very good. I found diablo 2 rather boring but I thought diablo 3 would be different. It's not though. usually in most games you follow a story until you reach max level and then have some endgame content. Well, in Diablo 3 the only thing you can do is replay the same story FOUR TIMES! Exact same story, exact same monsters, areas, etc. Then there is the gameplay, also very boring, aNot very good. I found diablo 2 rather boring but I thought diablo 3 would be different. It's not though. usually in most games you follow a story until you reach max level and then have some endgame content. Well, in Diablo 3 the only thing you can do is replay the same story FOUR TIMES! Exact same story, exact same monsters, areas, etc. Then there is the gameplay, also very boring, a complete spam fest Expand
  14. Sep 4, 2012
    I'm rating 1/10 because that's the general consensus of most players who bought this game. Yes, D3 to date is the fastest selling PC game but it has also had the retention rate of a prostitute with herpes. If you're looking for a quality title in the ARPG genre check out "Path of Exile" which, even in it's closed beta state, is still much more enjoyable than Diablo III ever was.
  15. Sep 4, 2012
    What a let down... After playing the first two iterations of Diablo, the entire world paused on bated breath for the release of Diablo 3. Blizzard released an incomplete game. They are using their customers as beta testers for a game that shouldn't have been released until it was actually finished.

First and foremost, it has been 4 months. The promised player vs player functionally is still missing. Where are the arenas and leader boards we were told of? Blizzard has put all their attention towards the Auction House, more specifically the Real Money Auction House (RMAH. More on this later). Any type of competitive play is now secondary. We have not been given any timeline or date to when this will be available.

Blizzard has strategically prepared the Auction House so players who can't find the right equipment for their character have a means to get such equipment. Since less than 1% of the equipment dropped from enemies is actually useful, you'll be using the Auction House for everything. Herein lies one of the fundamental problems of the game. Unless you are ridiculously lucky or willing to gold "farm" hours on end, you will be unable to pass the latter parts of the game. Of course Blizzard has a solution. Just enter your credit card number. For the reasonable fee of $250.00(USD) you can be the proud owner of a virtual weapon/armor that would normally drop 0.00001% of the time. Blizzard made sure one of first features to go online was the RMAH. They are more concerned with lining their pockets than actually making a game that is playable.

Another major flaw in the game is that there truly is no point to play the game. There is absolutely no end-game. Aside from hours of repetitive gold farming or hoping for that one in a million item drop, there is nothing to do. They could have implemented some type of endless dungeon, added some leader boards (total game time to pass Inferno), provided some type of player vs player or a boss rush mode.
  16. Sep 3, 2012
    Unfortunately, the vast potential this game had and still has, got wasted without care by Blizzard.

This review is written on my impressions since release until now. (Patch 1.0.4) Even though Jay Wilson himself stated that "D3 is a loot based game", 99% of the items you find are not usable. This goes to the point where you play the game for over 250 hours and haven't found any

This review is written on my impressions since release until now. (Patch 1.0.4)

Even though Jay Wilson himself stated that "D3 is a loot based game", 99% of the items you find are not usable. This goes to the point where you play the game for over 250 hours and haven't found any upgrade for your character. The implementation of a in-game auction house was not a bad idea in general. Due to the lack of finding good items yourself you are forced to use this machinery, but unfortunately there are big flaws in it, too. Every item you sell on the gold AH receives a 15 % fee, thus even if you find an item to sell, Blizzard takes 15 % of it away. Furthermore, the prices suffered from a severe inflation, which was caused by countless botters that are still botting without enough reaction of Blizzard. Countless websites sell gold now for about one dollar per million, while the starting price for a million was at about 50 dollars. The addition of the real money auction house is nothing but a rip-off. I somewhat understand that Blizzard wants their part of the cake in a game without monthly subscriptions, but when the best items in game can only be afforded with real currency it goes too far. More about the game itself: Boring and repetitive. You have to play 3 different difficulties before you can finally reach the highest difficulty where, in theory, the best items can be found. The funny thing about this is that all different difficulties have the absolute same storyline. Dull and tedious as that is, there is not even more alteration when you finally reach Inferno, the highest difficulty. There you can finally farm for items, but also only one specific chapter in the game for the best efficiency. (Time-input compared to loot quality)

A player VS player option or an endlesshuge dungeon with increasing difficulty could outcome this dullness, but none of these exist until now. The game literally got released in an unfinished state with insane amounts of bugs and possible exploits. Last but not least a huge and unacceptable problem is the lack of communication between developers and players. The diablo forum is literally filled with thousands of posts either complaining about flaws in the game or providing great ideas to improve the game. The feedback is simply ignored. Sometimes easily a week goes by until a Blizzard official posts in the forums, and most of the time the threads that are answered are of no real concern while very important ones that could benefit the game are simply ignored. The lack of communication is also reflected when it comes to game balancing. There were several instances in the game's history where patches were announced that the majority of the community didn't want. Never did Blizzard reconsider their decision or maybe try to find a compromise between player wishes and their plans. When they decided something, it had to be; play the game like they want or don't play it, it seems. The problem with this is, that players, who put a lot of time, effort and in many cases even real money into their characters, one day woke up with a character that has been nerfed to complete uselessness. (When they nerf something, they don't make it fair, the destroy it completely.) In the current state there is one class (Barbarian) which is far superior to all classes in terms of farming efficiency, all other classes have either been nerfed to the ground or were not as good from the beginning. This also encourages players to play only one class and makes the game even more monotone.

All in all I can only give this game a 4 out of 10 in it's current state. There is still potential, alterations like buffing all classes to the state of barbarians, increasing loot quality, implementing content providing variety and listening to the community could help this game reach the state of a all time classic like Diablo 2 was, even exceed this classic. But to be honest, even though I still hope for a change, I highly doubt there will be one, as the new developer team just doesn't seem to care.
  17. Sep 2, 2012
    Massive disappointment. In my opinion, the game is centred on the Auction system rather than actual play. If you have a wish to repeat the same actions over and over without reward or have a desire to 'bot'/pay your way to success then this game is for you.
  18. Sep 1, 2012
    Horrible horrible horrible. This is not a diablo game, this is a ripoff to make some quick money (that succeeded) off the diablo name. I feel like I've been scammed. I am never trusting blizzard again. If I ever do buy a blizzard game again, which is very unlikely, I will definitively read the user reviews first. Notice I said user reviews and not the bought and paid for "critic" reviews.
  19. Sep 1, 2012
    save your money and buy torchlight 2 on steam 15 pounds for torchlight 1 and 2..........................................................................
  20. Aug 31, 2012
    On 1st brush, Diablo 3 is a brilliant game. The art work was great. The game engine works great and playing it was fun.

They are however 2 things that I think was the downfall for Diablo3. 1) Persistent internet connection: Server problem, maintenance, lag deviate from the experience. 2) Real money auction house: This is I think its biggest problem. Blizzard tries to hide this. But the

2) Real money auction house: This is I think its biggest problem. Blizzard tries to hide this. But the loot system continuously get nerfed when they see a reduction in real money auction house transaction. Instead of having a game with a fun loot system with reasonable legendary drop rate, you have to really either play for a extremely long time to get decent drop or buy it from the auction house. Since loot is really 80% of the game, it has lost it's appeal. The game is no longer design for maximum fun, but maximum profit.

Diablo 2 had so much heart and soul put into it even though it's dated. You know when you are playing the game that the developer's sole purpose was for you to have fun. Diablo 3, not so much.
  21. Aug 30, 2012
    After playing 300 hours I would have to say that this game is a major letdown. How did I get to 300 hours? Well luckily I have friends to play with online. Don't get me wrong, I didn't play the game because I thought the content was amazing ... I played because I wanted somethign to do while hanging out with friends online. This game is not the successor of Diablo 2 (D2). I've played D2After playing 300 hours I would have to say that this game is a major letdown. How did I get to 300 hours? Well luckily I have friends to play with online. Don't get me wrong, I didn't play the game because I thought the content was amazing ... I played because I wanted somethign to do while hanging out with friends online. This game is not the successor of Diablo 2 (D2). I've played D2 for many years and only recently stopped to pick up D3 in hopes that it would be a worthy successor. In short, it is not. The always online DRM kills the experience if you need to take the game with you somewhere. Good items are impossible to find and botters have caused the price of gold to become near worthless, which means you'll only be farming forever to get a good drop. Legendaries don't drop as much as uniques did in D2 and you'll be hard pressed finding them at all. Content is extremely repetitive and I felt that I wasn't really playing the game because it was fun and this is especially true of the new inferno mode. Although I was able to clear all the content prenerf in early June, it still left much to be desired. The game resembles somewhat of a WoW style game and not the D2 we remember. Gone are the days of stat allocation and good builds. Now its all about having THE efficient build and farming as much as possible because you never know when you'll get a piece of acceptable gear. I should mention that in the 300 hours of playtime, I've never found a single upgrade on my barbarian or "hit the jackpot" so to say. In fact all of that gear had to be bought from the AH in order to clear inferno at all. Be wary of this game and if the user scores don't warn you already. Well, you've been warned by my review hopefully. Expand
  22. Aug 29, 2012
    Diablo 3. Where do I begin? When you first start the game, you're immediately greeted by a reminiscent from the World of Warcraft, the login screen. And like in WoW or other MMOs, with the login screen you also get the various login errors. Error 37, Error 3005, and the usual problems with an online game launch...

"Wait! What's that about MMOs? Wasn't this supposed to be a single player

"Wait! What's that about MMOs? Wasn't this supposed to be a single player game?", you ask. Yeah, except you need an always-on internet connection at any time you play the game. "Why?", you ask. Because of the online DRM, and the Real-money Auction House, and... "Wait, what?!" Exactly, but let's not even go there just yet. The point is, Blizzard had 9 (that's nine) years to develop this game, several stress tests during the beta, and their experience with WoW launch - one would think, to hone and polish everything. Turns out nothing went as expected because even two weeks(!) after the launch, the servers were still having problems and people couldn't log in or play the game they had paid for, two weeks ago. Okay, the worst problems were fixed afterwards, but that was a good reminder of why you should not have an online DRM forced into a game, unless it's really, really necessary. But in a single player game!? That's madness!

Ok, we get it. Because Blizzard decided to implement the Real-money Auction House into Diablo 3, they needed a way to secure their asses and make sure the game or items sold in the AH would not get tampered or changed in any way. That's alright - if this was a MMO online game! But it's not! Diablo has always been a single player game (featuring a co-op mode). We don't need to be online at all times. We don't need the Real-money Auction House (What kind of idiot would pay real money for virtual game items, anyway?), and we don't need the always online DRM! Madness! That's madness, and greed!

But wait, that's not all of it. The worst part is, the game is boring! Yeah, it's hack-n-slash dungeon crawling, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the story, and the content. It's boring, predictable, and short! You can finish the game in 4 hours and it starts to repeat itself really fast. Everything after the Act 1 is just bad. There simply is not enough things to do! No character to customize, because the choices are made for you. No skills to choose, because you unlock them all with no effort. Nothing to achieve, nothing to gain, except farm better items... No, wait! You can buy them from the Real-money Auction House... Sigh!

There is also the graphics thing, and many more design flaws.. eh, choices, where Blizzard could've and should've improved the game, but they didn't. Instead, they took away all those things that made Diablo and Diablo 2 fun and challenging, and added things we didn't need in the first place. I guess that's what happens when you kick out the original developers and make a whole different people with no experience or proper vision of the previous games to design a sequel to one of the best game franchises ever. (And this is not to put down or belittle the developers skills, only to say the game you made was not the one the customers expected, or were made to expect.) Or, perhaps it could be because nowadays at Blizzard, it seems, the people who get to decide about things, are more interested in whole lot of other things (namely, money) than the enjoyment and excitement for games and entertainment, they once did. Things have been going downhill ever since the Blizzard became the ActivisionBlizzard.

I honestly in my right mind can't imagine how the majority of professional game critics gave this game a 9 or 10! Were you paid or are you just mindless ass-kissers? I'm giving it a score of 1, for the Act 1. Everything else was crap. (Nine years, Blizzard!)

TL;DR: It looks like a Diablo, it plays like a Diablo, but it is not a Diablo! This game might just be the biggest scam in modern video game history. If you love Diablo and value your time and money, avoid this game. If you are looking for a spiritual successor to Diablo, try Torchlight 2 (from the original Diablo team) or even a free game, called Path of Exile.
  23. Aug 29, 2012
    The first playthrough of this game is all you need. There is nothing new after you have played through normal mode except numbers are tweaked higher per difficulty to provide more of a "challenge". Normal mode for a new player might take 10-15 hours to complete. For an experienced player, this can be done in less than 4 hours, which shows you how small the game really is.

I forced

I forced myself into a mindless grind upon reaching Inferno mode. The quest for "epic gear" is addictive, but it is NOT FUN. If you persevere at this level, you will find yourself constantly asking yourself "why am I doing this?". I farmed probably 200m worth of gear, yet every piece of gear that you will wear comes from the auction house - the odds of you finding something useful for your class are so incredibly low that after 500 hours of forcing myself to play this game, I have not found a single item that is useful to my Demon Hunter.

Endgame can be summed up as: -Repeat Inferno [Act you comfortable with] over and over (maybe an hour worth of content) until your eyes bleed and your brain begs you to stop.
    -Every 5-10 hours you might find a semi useful item to sell on the Auction House
    -Acquire enough gold through sales to upgrade 1/13 slots in your inventory. If you are expecting longevity, stay away from this game. It boggles my mind that I played as long as I did, hating nearly every minute of it.
  24. Aug 29, 2012
    The connection to battle.net drops constantly, forcing unwanted replay. I can't imagine how people feel who have potentially lost hundreds of USD in real money in lost rare loot because of this. This is absolutely unacceptable for an online-only game. By way of comparison, I have lost connection with Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers maybe half a dozen times over the last two YEARS. I'veThe connection to battle.net drops constantly, forcing unwanted replay. I can't imagine how people feel who have potentially lost hundreds of USD in real money in lost rare loot because of this. This is absolutely unacceptable for an online-only game. By way of comparison, I have lost connection with Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers maybe half a dozen times over the last two YEARS. I've been dropped from battle.net at least 20 times so far, and I've been playing Diablo 3 less than a week. Note that EA and Dice haven't been profiting from BFBC2 for about a year and a half, but their servers still function.

Even at the highest settings, the graphics look like they are from circa 2004. The visual art direction does a decent job of painting over this most of the time. This is not really a point of contention for me, because the dated visuals are presumably a tradeoff for rendering 100 baddies on the screen at once. So I can accept the low res.

The voice acting is passable, but the plot and dialogue are retarded. Cretinish. How humiliating must it have been for the voice actors to even pronounce the words in the script? Did the developers write this garbage in their (nonexistent) spare time? Maybe they should have focused on the netcode. And if professionals did write this... just stop. It's 2012. The majority of gamers are grown-ups. We were children when Diablo 1 came out. Now we have discretion and taste, so make art. Let Michael Bay make explosions. I am no Diablo fanboy - Diablo 3 is my first encounter with an action RPG ("RP" used loosely here - more like "limited character progression"). I wanted this to be awesome. Instead it was $60 of lost connections and interrupted games.
  25. Aug 29, 2012
    what can i say...worst have already been pointed out by everyone. being a long time diablo 2 fan, this abomonation came as a huge shock. shame on you blizzard you greedy cash cows
  26. Aug 28, 2012
    It's painfully obvious that nobody who worked on Diablo 2 was involved with Diablo 3. Diablo 3 to Diablo 2 is what Terminator 3 is to Terminator 2. It's really sad that this game is so critically acclaimed. Definitely raises questions about the possibily of critic reviews in the gaming industry actually being nothing more than paid advertising.
  27. Aug 28, 2012
    A lot of people seem to hate this game, and I agree with the masses. Truly, truly terrible. It is a pointless clickfest, where you run around killing stuff for no apparent reason. Some "pointless clickfest" games can be really, really fun, but Diablo 3 is not one of these games.
  28. Aug 28, 2012
    The game is a garbage and a disgrace to the original Diablo from Blizzard North, the WoW devs that made it strip the game from all the elements that make so enjoyable the first 2 games, my advice? avoid at all cost!
  29. Aug 28, 2012
    I was and still am a huge Diablo fan. This game called Diablo 3 however is not what i was expecting. On my first play through through Normal difficulty it felt like what I wanted and waited for. When I realized a new difficulty was coming I started thinking about what i had achieved. A few levels and some skills. I hadnt found anything and didn't really find anything worth noting. "This isI was and still am a huge Diablo fan. This game called Diablo 3 however is not what i was expecting. On my first play through through Normal difficulty it felt like what I wanted and waited for. When I realized a new difficulty was coming I started thinking about what i had achieved. A few levels and some skills. I hadnt found anything and didn't really find anything worth noting. "This is just norm so I cant expect much anyways" so on I went. through nightmare, and hell... still nothing? Ok so maybe inferno is where its at... problem is I cant find anything there either. Stuck in act 1 inferno and still nothing? Come on you cant be serious. Grind a 20 hours in inferno difficulty and still nothing? Really? Auction house? Really? So many rare drops and none are useful? Nephalem Armor for a Magic Find buff and still nothing? Magic find caps? Attack speed cut in half? Limits on how I want my Character to work? What happened to our Diablo? Surely the man who's brainchild Diablo was didn't screw me over did he? Nope he did not, some new dick and his team did. Yes I had fun just rushing through the easy norm, though I had fun because I had hoped that when it got really difficult I would be able to really customize, learn some tricks from others and/or develop my own. Get my hands on some decent gear and learn my way through it. Not auction house my way through it. This is a hack and slash game but it isn't Diablo. Its something else entirely. It can be fun, until you realise you are completely dependent on someone ELSE finding or buying what YOU need and selling it for cheap. The skills are awesome, pretty, and explosive. Satisfying to unleash though not all are even worth a second glance. If you know this type of game then you know just by reading the skill's description whether you want it or that you will never consider it. You kinda just wonder *Why would I use that?* Graphics are acceptable but not the type of graphics I would think a 12 year in-the-making game would sport. They do get the job done. After many many hours of playing and realizing over time how unlike Diablo this new *Diablo* is I have to give this a 1. I feel like I'm playing a Diablo 2 knock-off. My respect for the franchise was High. My Dislike for this game runs so much deeper than *how hard it is to find items*. I enjoyed years of Diablo 1, 2, and LoD. They made you feel like that one Item that would turn you into a god was one Baal run away and you were driven. This game drives me nowhere. I'm uninspired and unimpressed. Now that I know what I know now, I will follow David Brevik's path. Jay can suck it. Thanks for nothing dick. Expand
  30. Aug 28, 2012
    I like hack 'n' slash games but in 2012 you cannot expect to make a game like you were used to do over 10 years ago and expect it to be a success. Players have evoluted a lot and requests more. Randomizing is silly, most of the items you get from drops are useless for any character and can't be sold in AH. Then, when you reach inferno level, the only way to complete this game is byI like hack 'n' slash games but in 2012 you cannot expect to make a game like you were used to do over 10 years ago and expect it to be a success. Players have evoluted a lot and requests more. Randomizing is silly, most of the items you get from drops are useless for any character and can't be sold in AH. Then, when you reach inferno level, the only way to complete this game is by grinding gold and buying every piece of gear you need in the AH. The game is too lineal (yes ok, it is Diablo but it is also 2012 instead of 2000... they could have added some more maps and choices) and there is a lack of customization. The only good thing is the achievement system, which is account realted instead of character related, which avoid you needing to do the same thing with everycharacter. One of the worse games I have ever seen released. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012