Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jun 30, 2012
    Blizzard Empire have just entered its recession period.
    Diablo 3 alienated me, a loong time fan( going back to the days of Lost Vikings), from Blizzard. I, and many people anxiously waited for the outcome when Activision bought Blizzard, and our worst fears came true.
    Blizzard Empire have just entered its recession period.
    Diablo 3 is simply not fun. Now the fun aspect of games can differ for every gamer, but some core elements are just not there. Online connection requirement for single player... Story? Lamest so far. Granted Blizzard's strongest point have never been exceptional and unique story telling( in terms of originality and creativity ) but I was content thus far. Not anymore. Visuals? Not half bad, though one expected the game to run smoothly on low-end computers, given the toonish visuals and isometric engine, this is not the case. Audio? Disappointment. Compared to Diablo 2( and Diablo 1), music is BAD, it fails to stir emotions, simple as that. As is voice acting. I remember marveling at Kashya's voice, Malah's feeble sounds, good old Ormus and many others. In Diablo 3, I only took a liking to the voice acting of Covetus Shen and Kormac( he's overdone a little though ). Game immersion fails so bad, it isn't even funny. People expected this, as it had been known that the grim and gothic world of Diablo1 & 2 were gone, and it's still a shock to many( including myself ). Not just talking about the graphics, everything is off. Arrogant heroes replaced desperate but determined heroes( "Belial shall tremble before me!" "I will make the prime evils pay!" etc etc), Azmodan is a miserable clown( I never got the feeling he was some mean lesser evil ), excessively retarded animations to make bosses look cool( butcher's roar? I mean, who's he trying to impress? ), and many other elements. The feeling is not there. Characters/Customization? Customization level: NONE. there's no skill distribution, no stat points. Instead you unlock abilities and their effects as you progress, so everyone can use everything. Take out equipment from characters, they're all identical. The feeling of distinctness is gone. And from the given skills, there are only a couple worth using, so you'll end up using the few viable skills( particularly in inferno difficulty ) Skill animations are good but overdone, even monk's hand to hand attacks have that ridiculous animation that makes it look like it belongs to the latest street fighter game. Random content? Almost none, it's a shameless lie that dungeons are randomly generated. %80 of the content is the same. PvP? None as of yet. Gameplay/mechanics? Dumbed down is the perfect definition. There is no skill damage, but all skills use your weapon damage instead. 4 difficulty levels, normal is simply a joke, inferno is too tough to beat( which you'll never manage if you don't use soon to be mentioned RMAH ). Maximum number of party members is 4. No point playing multiplayer( except if you want to play it with friends ). Social grouping is non existent. You can't choose games to join, bnet chooses for you. Unique items are crap, no runewords, flawed crafting, dumb attributes, even dumber repair costs( will suck you dry ), insane elite/champion packs and many many more.

There are many other things that hurt the game but the MOST damaging one is the RMAH( Real Money Auction House ) where you'll end up selling/buying items via real currency and blizzard cuts its "share" This in my opinion is the greatest insult to the long time fans. Inferno difficulty is designed with RMAH on mind, so if you're not buying from there you'll be going nowhere past hell difficulty. The items you farm in hell are simply useless if you want to survive in inferno. This is called pay to win. If you fill the coffers of Blizzard more, you get to finish inferno, if not, sorry, you can fool around in hell. I can't imagine a greater offense to dedicated players( who don't want to spend additional money, I mean why should they? They already paid 60 bucks ), this is where the influence of Activision poisoned Blizzard. Kotick did it again. It's not about fun anymore, it's about $$$. Diablo 3 is a turning point for gamers, I feel sad for us all. If I get to see the demise of Activision, I'll throw a party to celebrate, and maybe drink one or two in remembrance for Blizzard North, the company that I actually miss.
    Do not buy this game, it's simply not worth it.
  2. Jun 30, 2012
    This was fun while you played it... but for a diablo game, which always used to have an unlimited amount of replay ability, this has none. You level up, struggle a bit to get gear until you realize that there isn't any incentive to play anymore. Jay Wilson tried to make it too "original" instead of keeping the tried and tested elements that Diablo had, and STILL worked when D2 came out.This was fun while you played it... but for a diablo game, which always used to have an unlimited amount of replay ability, this has none. You level up, struggle a bit to get gear until you realize that there isn't any incentive to play anymore. Jay Wilson tried to make it too "original" instead of keeping the tried and tested elements that Diablo had, and STILL worked when D2 came out. An extreme leveling grind, easy farm able gear from anywhere in the game.... there was no reason to remove these elements, and it is evident that they did not work. The attitude the game developers have towards the subject, and I quote from their videos "Sometimes gamers tell us what they want, but we know better", an arrogant statement, that proved 100% false. Good work on killing a classic, and my favorite game series of all time. I hope it is fixed in the future so I feel like I can play again. Expand
  3. Jun 30, 2012
    As people have said before; a huge disappointment, literally the only improvement on Diablo 2 is that you can now pick up gold by simply running over it. Play a ranged class? You won't even get hit by an enemy until act 2, won't use a potion 'til nightmare. The rag doll effects are nice but the graphics feel worse, however it's taken 10 years to make this game. It probably would haveAs people have said before; a huge disappointment, literally the only improvement on Diablo 2 is that you can now pick up gold by simply running over it. Play a ranged class? You won't even get hit by an enemy until act 2, won't use a potion 'til nightmare. The rag doll effects are nice but the graphics feel worse, however it's taken 10 years to make this game. It probably would have been less misleading to release this as a spin-off from Diablo; monsters die ridiculously easy, but the pace is interrupted by boss fights that can 1 shot you when you get to higher difficulties. Strongly advise playing with a group of friends until nightmare, the regressive party mechanic which increases monster health significantly, (but not loot or xp) would probably make it a bit more enjoyable by making it at least a game you have to play with half an eye open.
    Referencing to a previous game too much is bad however, so I will say that on its own "merits", it is overpriced; i've purchased better games 9 times cheaper, each class can respec for free wherever they are, meaning everyone is running around with the same spells. I don't see a problem with the auction house, don't use it except for selling if you think it is cheating.

In summary, don't touch if you liked Diablo 2 but it can be fun at points, which is why I have given it a 3, but it is really not a game for PC users. I like console games, HATE (future) console ports. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one, which doesn't bold well for their (shaky) future.
  4. Jun 30, 2012
    D3 is a fail. That's it. Playing D2 was a charm, but when you play D3 you can't throw away a strong feeling that it's just a brand exploiting for bringing more money and have nothing in common with a game and pleasure at all. Always online DRM, pay your money and play as we say you to play or get banned with no comments, servers are down
  5. Jun 29, 2012
    Very fun and entertaining game, until you reach inferno difficulty that is. Everything at that point seems to fall out of place and this is where the true nature of the game you bought will reveal itself: that of a buggy, broken, boring, unrewarding and grindy game, not entirely unlike some of the worst free-to-play games out there. Except you paid for this one.
  6. Jun 29, 2012
    Blizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling notBlizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling not having a high end weapon from the end-game. I'm not saying the game is too hard, but the game all depends on the elites that are so unbalanced that it makes the whole game boring to play and you only rely on kiting. The boss fights are great, really fun but after playing it a couple times you just know the rotation of the attacks and again it gets boring.

I've never waited for a game so much in my life, this is really the worst game by Blizzard so far. This game relies way too much on World of Warcraft and not on the actual series. I'm not even gonna start with the auction house where I somehow lost items like a stormshield and never retrieved it because it was lost in the nether and admins couldn't do anything.

I rate this a 0, I'm entirely serious about this score, the game is trash, not fun to play, you can't skip quests, the story is pushed in the gameplay ruining it and it looks like they made everything for mentally disabled players, you can't discover anything by yourself without having something popping up to ruin everything (act 3, Azmodan telling you every single thing that's happening at no particular important moment).

One thing that really bothers me, the wizard teleport, 3 out of 4 times it's gonna glitch on the ground, but worst, there's a cool down on it, so if you use it and it somehow doesn't work you're dead.
  7. Jun 28, 2012
    Game is absolute trash that boils down to an extremely shoddy product with so many flaws and problems its just not worth playing it. Every single aspect is utter **** Name anything aspect of gaming that is bad and Diablo 3 has it. The whole game is a waste of time faceroll easy until act 2 inferno where they try to force everyone to go to RMAH so blizzard can make money. Its not a matterGame is absolute trash that boils down to an extremely shoddy product with so many flaws and problems its just not worth playing it. Every single aspect is utter **** Name anything aspect of gaming that is bad and Diablo 3 has it. The whole game is a waste of time faceroll easy until act 2 inferno where they try to force everyone to go to RMAH so blizzard can make money. Its not a matter of gaming skill, its just literally goes from something a retarded monkey could do to something that 99% of the gaming population can't. Im in the 1% and I made profit off this game but it doesnt mean the game isn't trash not worthy of what Blizzard was. Also if you post anything that isnt positive about Diablo 3 they ban your account from their forums, I thought only EA did that!

Blizzard is becoming EA... I hope my starcraft is safe...

DO NOT BUY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  8. Jun 28, 2012
    Diablo was always about finding that new item that was better then your last and countless runs to perfect your gear. So to my dismay when i heard they were adding an Auction House (AH) I was like well that could work but surely i can find new items that are better as i go. That was the case up to about level 25. After then its not oh what will drop next for me. Instead it became what willDiablo was always about finding that new item that was better then your last and countless runs to perfect your gear. So to my dismay when i heard they were adding an Auction House (AH) I was like well that could work but surely i can find new items that are better as i go. That was the case up to about level 25. After then its not oh what will drop next for me. Instead it became what will drop next i can sell it on the AH so i can try and afford a new item myself. Diablo then became a game that was about the AH and not finding the next best item. So now you have to worry about over inflation of gold and as time goes on there will be no limit to how high things will cost and what changes will be made due to the constant patching Blizzard now does.

All these changes to skill and how stats effect your characters and this is before PvP is even released. Blizzard focused too much on cashing in and not enough on gameplay and customer experience. I played through to inferno act 3 then realized what a complete waste of time it was. I have since moved on. This is clearly just my opinion and a warning to those of like mind.
  9. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now thatI am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now that I have been camping inferno. There is nothing I enjoy in blizzards games anymore. I was disappointed in WoW Burning Crusade, Lich King, and now Cata. SC2 delivered with a fair game, fun pvp. D3 is now the nail in the coffin. I no longer will await anything from Blizzard. The games are just not fun anymore, they have been coporatized into a product for me to purchase instead of the drug i needed. Good luck in your future blizzard, and seriously consider taking a look at what D&D wizard is doing for the NEXT version. Notice how they are starting in a good direction. Take note, Expand
  10. Jun 28, 2012
    Très beau graphisme, digne d'un blizzard. Gameplay interessant bien que plus simpliste par rapport à ces predécesseurs. Encore beaucoup d'incompréhension, notamment les "élites" parfois intuables. Malheureusement le manque d'effort et de transparence de l'éditeur vis à vis des joueurs est plus qu'inconcevable. L'hvar (hotel des ventesTrès beau graphisme, digne d'un blizzard. Gameplay interessant bien que plus simpliste par rapport à ces predécesseurs. Encore beaucoup d'incompréhension, notamment les "élites" parfois intuables. Malheureusement le manque d'effort et de transparence de l'éditeur vis à vis des joueurs est plus qu'inconcevable. L'hvar (hotel des ventes argent réel) vas à l'encontre du réel plaisir de jouer et le bénéfice que l'éditeur en tire me laisse perplexe, surtout après avoir "subis" plusieurs modifications (mise à jour) importantes.
    Connaissant (maintenant) la politique employé par ce genre d'éditeur (Blizzard/Activision, ubisoft, EA ..), je ne peux que me résigner à arreter de jouer.
    Très deçu par ce jeux si attendu, qui pour moi n'est qu'un casino dissimulé pour joueurs crédules, je lui inflige la note de 1.
  11. Jun 28, 2012
    They completely screwed up the loot system to promote the auction house. Inferno's difficulty curve is too steep, yet the loot rewards aren't exciting AT ALL, you just hope you get an item with good rolls, sell it on the auction house to buy stuff on it. And Diablo is all about the loot, it's the reason why we run higher difficulties.
  12. Kah
    Jun 28, 2012
    The game's story is a joke. Uncharismatic characters, predictable bosses. Do not have an element of suspense as the previous ones. Blizzard promised too much with this game and failed.
    The company seemed much more concerned with the auction system than with the game.
  13. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a big fan of the Diablo series, i still have the original Diablo Boxed version with 3.5" floppy disks,
    i was keen to give this a try. Imagine my disappointment when i realised it was a Digital rights management (DRM) game. Yet another favorite series ruined by DRM just like Silent Hunter V which has now been patched so that you don't have to be online btw, all too late however as the game is now available in most stores for a fraction of its original price. Blizzard and all developers take head, we the users do not want DRM and if you persist i'm sure many of you will be able to discuss the matter with us in the dole queue.
  14. Jun 27, 2012
    Gameplay wise, it seems like a step down from Diablo 2. The early game is fun for a while. I liked the colorful and painterly graphics and thought the art was the best part of the game. However, I've played $5 iPod games with more depth than Diablo 3's endgame which consists just of grinding for gold so you can purchase incrementally better items off the Auction House. High frequency ofGameplay wise, it seems like a step down from Diablo 2. The early game is fun for a while. I liked the colorful and painterly graphics and thought the art was the best part of the game. However, I've played $5 iPod games with more depth than Diablo 3's endgame which consists just of grinding for gold so you can purchase incrementally better items off the Auction House. High frequency of breaking changes in the patches coming from Blizzard indicates they didn't have time to adequately design the gameplay. High cost in order to purchase a "license" to play the game and no way to back up your characters offline. As there is not much variety in the multiple playthroughs due to the lack of procedural dungeons and the game is missing prominent features from the last one like PvP and crafting, it's not clear what they expect you to do when your character is fully geared up. From an objective standpoint it really doesn't seem remotely related to the last 2 games and it really feels like Activision/Blizzard preying on a loyal fanbase with an unfinished and cynical cash grab. Expand
  15. Jun 27, 2012
    $60 for the game... man, my wish for this year xmas would be to get a refund for it... lol, jk
    If you were a Diablo 1/2 fan, and loved all the rises and falls of Diablo... Diablo 3 is probably not for you... Do not expect Diablo 3 to be the same as Diablo 1/2... the only similiarity I found between D3 and D2 was that I had to click with a mouse to move around (obviously Im omiting quite a lot. For that, my apologies to you diehard Diablo fans out there)...
    If you haven't played Diablo series before and just wanted to check out what all the fuse was about... well, if you could endure the connection issues... and also feel like over spending on a game... go for it.
  16. Jun 27, 2012
    I've played about 100 hours of this game. I really tried my hardest not to quit before that, but the further I got the more I missed D2:LoD. There was a lot of opportunity for a good plot, amazing gameplay, unique itemization and character building, but it was lost on the developer team somewhere.

The youtube videos from 2008 have more content that the current game for some reason. It was a great game for a while, but as something I expected to play all summer and having the Diablo namesake, it failed miserably. I would consider this a pretty decent game for $20 on steam, but not for $60. It's not a spiritual successor to D2 nor is it even related imho.

For just one example of these issues with D3 comparable to D2 and other games check out this link:

PS. I'm "the johnny" and I do play Ori... lawlz
  17. Jun 27, 2012
    Very boring and repetitive game. I doubt Blizzard will fix this.. Don't get it.. you have been warned.. Game play is good though so I give a 3 but still it's not worth 60.
  18. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is just awful. Oh wait, truth is, it isn't even a game. Instead it's a 60 dollar economy simulation with some kind of interactive screensaver. Playing the game really doesn't make any sense (more so after the last patch which rised repair costs by a huge amount). Because good ite,s only drop in regions where you will die (and die a lot). So instead save you gold and camp the ahThis game is just awful. Oh wait, truth is, it isn't even a game. Instead it's a 60 dollar economy simulation with some kind of interactive screensaver. Playing the game really doesn't make any sense (more so after the last patch which rised repair costs by a huge amount). Because good ite,s only drop in regions where you will die (and die a lot). So instead save you gold and camp the ah or load a few bugs to your bnet account and camp the rmah instead. Time is surely better invested. Or simply don#t buy this "game" :) Expand
  19. Jun 27, 2012
    Gameplay is OK up until the last level of difficulty, and then Inferno mode is ridiculously difficult. So difficult in fact it is no fun at all, more of like banging your head against a brick wall hoping the wall will break first. Most people who like this game have not reached the final content where the developers state there are 'diminishing returns' which is their way of saying "YouGameplay is OK up until the last level of difficulty, and then Inferno mode is ridiculously difficult. So difficult in fact it is no fun at all, more of like banging your head against a brick wall hoping the wall will break first. Most people who like this game have not reached the final content where the developers state there are 'diminishing returns' which is their way of saying "You won't get almost anything out of it...but keep playing and/or buy stuff from our CASH auction house if it bothers you"... For making this game a drawn out scam to get money from you in the final content, I award this game a 0. Expand
  20. Jun 27, 2012
    The randomised gameplay aspect is just a lie... Theo nly randomised things is fro example wagon switched places with a tree and occasionally popping up "random events", from a pool of like 2 per area. The rest is always same... From old Blizzard and for 60euros i expected to have many random events (come on, its not hard to script such events - players do it all the time in map editor ofThe randomised gameplay aspect is just a lie... Theo nly randomised things is fro example wagon switched places with a tree and occasionally popping up "random events", from a pool of like 2 per area. The rest is always same... From old Blizzard and for 60euros i expected to have many random events (come on, its not hard to script such events - players do it all the time in map editor of warcraft and starcraft games for free) in the pool and really randomly generated maps instead of what Actiblizzard gave us. Replayability is so utterly boring and repetetive that is a "no go".

Now the core: Actiblizzard made it the elite packs hunting. But what they gave us is hunting 4 irrelevant model of monsters with what really matters: totally random and not well thought-trough combinations of traits which are the thing you fight with... for melee characters you always see elite pack as a spinning lazers and for ranged you see them as mortar fireballs flying towards you - all the rest is irrelevant and that makes elite fights utterly boring retro arcade game.

On top of that you are bound to 2 very similiar combinations of one build that is the only way to challenge anything higher in difficulty than an actuall faceroll difficulty level for you AND build gets very boring. When you switch to anything else you wont be able to kill elite packs due to radiculous traits combinations.

Of course there is other way.... bring your credit card numbers (even tho you already paid 60euros).

In short:
    RMAH (real money acution house) is a fantastic feature, a great addition to any game, but sadly D3 was a low budget addon to the RMAH.
  21. Jun 27, 2012
    This is just to warn any new buyers about my experience in Daiblo 3. I have committed my time into this game and having 2 toons that are already at max level and in inferno. What frustrates me the most about this game is the developers and how they sit back behind their monitors just to laugh at us as they update the game with a patch that makes it harder for new players or casual players.This is just to warn any new buyers about my experience in Daiblo 3. I have committed my time into this game and having 2 toons that are already at max level and in inferno. What frustrates me the most about this game is the developers and how they sit back behind their monitors just to laugh at us as they update the game with a patch that makes it harder for new players or casual players. I will admit that inferno is very hard and normal difficulty mode is a joke, but this repetitive game only has 4 levels (acts) that you will constantly play trying to grind levels and gear up your toons until you reach inferno difficulty and realize that all the loot you have farmed up to that level is worthless and weak. Then you go to auction house and buy gear costing 10 to 100 times more in gold than the gold you have collected in game but instead you can buy the gold and equipment for your characters with real money that you worked for when Not playing the game. This is what D3 developers want, for you to commit your time and spend real money, not have any fun when you get to inferno because all you do is die if you are not geared well enough or set/unlock your skills in the option settings. It is very sad that the people buying their gold and gear are the ones better off since this is a very gear dependent game, yet they update the game by making you pay ridiculous amounts of gold in repairs when you die and lower the drop chances of good gear for your toons which drives prices in auction house up since the demand is GREATER than supply Expand
  22. Jun 27, 2012
    Welcome to the future gaming. A real money item shop in the game for 60$, with a feeble diablo-clone attached to it and sweet-fap-advertisements (reviews). An always online single player mode, with queues to play the single player mode.
  23. Jun 27, 2012
    I played for about 100 hours on my main character and about 20 hours on the rest of my characters. Unfortunately, as is the standard with Blizzard games, you need to put this amount of time into the game in order to see anything relevant to the actual game. At about Act 4 Hell I discovered that the balance of the game is worked around the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). The reason this isI played for about 100 hours on my main character and about 20 hours on the rest of my characters. Unfortunately, as is the standard with Blizzard games, you need to put this amount of time into the game in order to see anything relevant to the actual game. At about Act 4 Hell I discovered that the balance of the game is worked around the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). The reason this is an issue is because pieces of gear are sold for around 100k minimum yet it takes around 2 hours to farm that amount prior to level 60. At 60, the rates increase a bit, but not enough to carry you to gear that will allow progression through Inferno; this gear is sold upwards of 300k gold each piece. All of this would be moot, except that as many others have also noted, the itemization is abysmal. I understand that not every piece is going to be usable, but over the course of 60 levels I managed to find only 2 or 3 pieces of relevant "rare" gear. This means that you end up playing a Chinese Gold Farming Simulator or opting into the Pay 2 Win (p2w) model. The story is definitely not worth playing for. However, the one saving grace for the game is Covetous Shen. Absolute gold. At least I was lucky enough to never have any connection issues like other players. Happy I got my refund though, as they (developers) severely broke the game. Expect D2 and be incredibly disappointed. Expand
  24. Jun 27, 2012
    Diablo 3 is just a way to force you to use your real money in order to finish game, like the fremium games out there, with the difference it wasn't free. Add the fact servers go down very often and you find yourself logged out loosing items and buffs. Blizzard this time made a big flop. You're forced to use a constant Internet connection, even if the nature of this game wouldn't need.
    I
    I waited for Diablo 3 for years, now I'd like it was never released, because it's an ugly, farming game. :(
  25. Jun 27, 2012
    I bought the game and at first it was great. Then the RMAH came out. Prices skyrocket in the gold auction house from a few million gold for a real good item to billions for decent stuff. So we started killing a lot of stuff to get gold. A couple of patches later, the gold we get is reduced and the item drops were reduced as well. Repair costs have been multiplied until you actually loseI bought the game and at first it was great. Then the RMAH came out. Prices skyrocket in the gold auction house from a few million gold for a real good item to billions for decent stuff. So we started killing a lot of stuff to get gold. A couple of patches later, the gold we get is reduced and the item drops were reduced as well. Repair costs have been multiplied until you actually lose money if you push yourself too hard for progression. Blizzard has quietly removed any way of making or finding a decent amount of items on your own, but you can go to the auction house and all the gear you need to progress is in there at $250 per piece.

When we go to complain, we are told to be thankful by representatives of Blizzard. If I were you, don't buy this game. Or any other Blizzard product.
  26. Jun 27, 2012
    Crappy story , WoW-ish graphics , and awful itemization .. The game is dumbed down .Almost all choice posibilities are taken from the players .. There is no build diversity in inferno .. Only 2 or 3 builds remain viable .. The game is too auction house centric .. All in the name of greed ..
  27. Jun 26, 2012
    If you want +ITEMS +BUILDS, +CUSTOMIZATION, +FREEDOM, +NON-LINEAR GAME PLAY .....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....if you want to sink in hours upon hours into your character and slowly progress to becoming GODLIKE, you won't be able to do it in this game. 1. Because they will RETROACTIVELY NERF the **** out of your gear. 2. You cannot actually find any gear yourself, you grind for gold.If you want +ITEMS +BUILDS, +CUSTOMIZATION, +FREEDOM, +NON-LINEAR GAME PLAY .....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....if you want to sink in hours upon hours into your character and slowly progress to becoming GODLIKE, you won't be able to do it in this game. 1. Because they will RETROACTIVELY NERF the **** out of your gear. 2. You cannot actually find any gear yourself, you grind for gold.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Take a moment to let that sink in. THEY RETROACTIVELY NERF GEAR YOU ALREADY HAVE!! This is **** Why play the **** game? They have no qualms about **** MILLIONS of players in the ass....by nerfing the gear they already found or worse.....bought for real money. This game is tedium, not fun. You grind for gold, and buy items that others found. A limited amount of trading is healthy and fun. This game is 99% gold grind, and you will NEVER find items that you can actually use.
  28. Jun 26, 2012
    So many people have already expressed how I view this game that any web search will bring up a plethora of sites and commentary to illustrate my negative view on the game.

My history: - I'm a 37 yr old father of four. - I've played the Diablo franchise since it was first released in 1996. - I avidly followed the development of this game since it was announced in 2008. - I was a

My history:

- I'm a 37 yr old father of four.
    - I've played the Diablo franchise since it was first released in 1996.
    - I was a Beta tester, albeit I got in late on the beta testing due to the lottery system that was in place.
    - I have been playing Diablo 3 since it went live 5-15-12.
    - I have over 400 hours on D3 since beta.
    - I am in school currently for software development- gaming software.

I have tried, over and over again, to get past the inherent flaws of the game and have voiced my observations and opinions on the Battle.net forums to no end. I have also went out of my way to play this game despite the issues in the hopes Blizzard would take the necessary steps to fix the game. No such fix has come, and it has become apparent that Blizzard isn't looking to change at all, but to keep the platform as it stands and do little, if anything, about the problems the game has.

Like I have stated, many others have articulated my perspective on the game to such an extent that anything I say will become lost in the chorus of outcry. I can't express how much disappointment I feel when I think about what was Diablo 3 in development and what Diablo 3 is currently.

If you are considering buying Diablo 3, please reconsider. The game is not what is/was advertised and, even though you may find some enjoyment early on, it will quickly dissipate and you will regret your purchase.
  29. Jun 26, 2012
    Maybe after Diablo 2 we expected quiete too much, but even without D3 would be nothing special. Why did D2 had a large community of active players ? Right, because it was close to perfection.
    Why it was decided to change the gameplay nearly from scratch is beyond my imagination... all they had to do was to polish graphics, add a new story and thats it.
    Instead, they kept the worst things
    Instead, they kept the worst things (harcore-mode was complained more than once about... why not giving 3 lives to the char to compensate the occasional "connection-lost" with mabye 1 extra live once for each difficulty level finished ?), removed to best (characters, that were really different to play, but all with their respective strenght... now sorcerer and demon hunter nearly feel the same, as do barbarian and monk) , added more annoyances (how can sometimes champions be more dangerous than the according boss of the act?).
    Though, the worst thing... building your char is now only a matter of time. Even the most stupid player will soon reach the level cap of 60, for there are nor more penalties for dying. And with time (or simply with money) he will also get a good gear... Great idea, no need for intelligence, self-control or caution anymore.
    In a nutshell, D3 is a disgrace to the Diablo-series, an insult to serious gamers and the worst Blizzard game ever.
  30. Jun 26, 2012
    This game is a real insult to the Diablo's saga. Full of bugs. No fun. It only turns around the real money auctioneer house. We are watching the fall of Blizzard.

1. Aug 31, 2012