3.9

1. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo 3 was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it gives a sense of fun and entertainment.
  2. Nov 12, 2014
    It's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it's original state I would have given it a 7/10, so it's obvious that those giving it anything below a "4" have the typical "gamer butt hurt syndrome". Some gamers have no sense of responsibility and just want to rag on a decent game because of one or two mistakes. Disgusting. In this day and age people listen to those reviews and act accordingly. Why bother posting an inaccurate review?

This game as it stands today is highly addicting, fast-paced, loot-gathering fun. The only thing I missed was not being able to assign attribute points, but I understand the reasoning behind taking it away. Thank god finally everyone gets their own loot drops! That was my major gripe about Diablo 2.

Any fan of Diablo games needs to pick this up...now! And everyone else should strongly consider giving it a try.
  3. Oct 22, 2014
    Many of the poor reviews on this game are from launch era gamers. The game has since improved and with the new expansion the game is finally where it needed to be. Everything that fan of the series could want and more. Great for avid and casual gamer's alike. Simple game dynamic for casual players and complex crafting with a very smooth learning curve and excellent game world make this a no-brainer if you're in the market for an adventure game. It make catch flak from the hardcore stat crunchers of the World of Warcraft players but this game has a nostalgia and honesty that cannot be truly hated by any level of gamer. Plenty of action once the game ends unlocking new modes and challenges while getting to keep your character. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2014
    I'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in they throw at them but this time have made the game exceptionally easy to keep them playing to milk them for more money with the ridiculous ingame cash shop. The cash shop being the biggest reason this game is getting a big fat zero from me. Cash shops are only allowed in games that didn't cost anything to play in the first place and even then should only sell cosmetic items while with Diablo 3 not only are they over charging for a PC game they're going to push players into continuously spending a lot of money to buy the best weapons which will kill any fun or motive to dungeon crawl to find loot which is exactly what these games are all abou Expand
  5. Sep 29, 2014
    very good gameplay and the graphics are realy good, beter than any other hack and slash like poe. enough classes with lott of different skills to try to find the one you like for different situation, and the game isnt repetitive like other games like you just kill 1 single boss for days to get some items
  6. Aug 8, 2014
    Short serious review-opinion: (First about me) I have played Diablo 2 Lod for about 10 years, played every character, loved story and its feel. I am truly hardcore fan.
    (REVIEW:) THIS GAME IS FLAWLESS. Except - DRM, and thankfully, it is GONE. Now, nothing can compare to it, because it is child of Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction and gentlemen, it is true child and hold up its name despite
    haters all around... Long Live the Diablo! Expand
  7. Jul 28, 2014
    Blizzard, as it was in the past, is probably the best developer in understanding the market trend and taste of players all around the world. Diablo 2 is the master piece in its era, and I would say, Diablo 3 is the master piece of ARPG nowadays.

Some will complain about the simplified mechanics in this game. Let's just look at the success of Skyrim, it rocks because it dumps the
    over-complicated RPG elements, so that fans of Call of Duty and other action gamers can join the community without frustration, so the game becomes a fantastic game highly praised by everyone.

The same logic applies here. In fact, Blizzard has a much better vision here. I will help everyone here to see it. With the booming of mobile phone or tablet gaming markets, there are strong requests from the causal gamers to have a pay-to-win model.

By introducing pay-to-win model, the profit of developers rises so they have more resources dedicated to make a perfect game. This is why Diablo 3 is perfect when comapred to Diablo 2. And the pay-to-win models finally give causal players the competitive edge to work against the hardcore gamers, achieving the balance of power among players. This explains the prosperity of Diablo 3 community, in which it probably will grow even faster in the future 10 years.

Unfortunately, many players here can not see the future foreseen by Blizzard. Blizzard is indeed trying hard to advance the gaming atmosphere to a new era with everyone will soon realize and enjoy in future.
  8. Jun 21, 2014
    It seems like nobody can enjoy classic genres like ARPG's (Action Role-Playing Game) anymore. People think that these games are too repetitive but I like it and people may complain about how Diablo 3 had ruined its Diablo franchise but its new expansion, RoS (Reaper of Souls) has made improvements to the game by a long run. People who played this game awhile back when the game was released should really consider trying it again and give it a better review. Expand
  9. Jun 4, 2014
    Since I originally scored this game a 1 since I couldn't play it for weeks after I paid good money for it, I thought I would update my opinion of the game. I have played through a few times with each getting more difficult and it is a good game and runs smoothly. I don't play it anymore, but I got my time out of it. I liked the story the first run through. Games like this tend to get repetitive, but the fact that I played through 3 times means its not terribly so (I usually don't replay games). Expand
  10. May 15, 2014
    I've had Diablo III for a very long time but after seeing concerns raised by many other gamers worldwide; I decided to only play it when it was in an acceptable state. Two years since release and finally this game is of a very satisfying standard thanks to the new patch and work done on DRM issues from Blizzard. For some, this is too late in the day particularly after the apparent 10 year development.

Fans of the series may have mixed emotions about this game; it has lost it's dark and gritty feel and is now more artistic with colour with a bright pallet and plenty of color. Some areas are often sparse but you're not too far from a battle here and there. The main story is fairly short which is a shame but you can replay the game with the different classes which offer enough diversity particularly in the inventory aspect. Developing characters, leveling up and completing the game multiple times is an extremely enjoyable experience and bumping up the difficulty adds some spice and extra XP+gold which helps ranking up.

The Story is nothing special and any side missions are fairly simple though. Combat is clean and fun but everything is very repetitive in time. Hunting for loot and building your hero adds much to what is at times a bland game.

Activison Blizzard have thankfully closed the Auction House which was something of some debate. Now more legendary items are dropping in game rather than you having to cough up with gold or real money just to improve your character this way. I found the ethics behind this practice terrible especially considering the shape this game has been in for the past 24 months. I have had no issues in connecting to matches or when playing which is amazing considering how many problems were reported with the DRM feature since release. The game is finally at a satisfactory standard now.

If you are a fan of Diablo or the genre; this game is definitely worth a purchase now. Don't expect the feel of previous games. This is more of a modern take which may put some people off. It's a solid title with a good inventory backbone and character development feature but it doesn't take long to finish and the game may be too linear for some.
  11. May 9, 2014
    UPDATE: I had hopes for RoS but in the end it still did not deliver as everyone had hoped for. The major problem D3 still suffer from is the replay value because there is a severe lack of END GAME content. The current end game content is mostly just grind, grind and grind until the RNG gods grant you the best gear.

The devs are arrogant and think they know what's best for us when they DO NOT!
  12. May 7, 2014
    Just ignore all the haters, this is an awesome game. Great gameplay, nice story and I love the new skill system. Definitely the best game in the series and now that all the connection errors are gone it's definitely a 9/10
  13. Apr 13, 2014
    This game isn't a step up from Diablo II, but is in NO means a step down. Beautiful graphics, voice actors, and cinematics make this game look like a masterpiece. Buy it.
  14. Apr 5, 2014
    However this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of this game. The changes Blizzard has made since release, really adds more playability and fun to the game. I consider this a worthy successor to Diablo II, however most people won't agree with me. Perhaps that is because despite playing all of the Diablo games, I started with Diablo III first. Expand
  15. Apr 1, 2014
    I'm confused by the bad reviews. I mean, I understand why people hated on it BEFORE the fixes, but now? There's no justifiable reason to it. It's fun, addicting, has a favorable graphic style and interesting lore. Oh, and the loot is magnificent. This will get down-voted most likely, but just know that with every dislike this gets, it's just an ignorant hater's jimmies being rustled. Great game, don't listen to the haters! Expand
  16. Mar 21, 2014
    When Diablo III first released it was quite a let down. The loot system was broken, it was a slog to level up characters through the far too easy normal and nightmare settings, and the auction house sucked the soul out of what Diablo is at its core. However, since patch 2.0 it's a whole new game. The smart loot system actually drops useful gear that is tailored to your character, the revamped difficulty system lets you get down to the right challenge immediately and many boss encounters have been revamped to add more variation and challenge. This is the Diablo III that should have been released day one. Expand
  17. Mar 17, 2014
    Reduced my rating from 3 to 0. D3 no longer exists in it's original form. Blizzard killed the game with patch 2.0 for worse. All they needed to do was give us simple things like more acts/areas to play, events, etc, not revamp and facelift the entire game balance and mechanics. Barbarian class is garbage now, whilst Wizzard is godly. Main stats are on steroids, life steal buried, AH buried, BOA and no trading possible. PvP still doesn't exist as was promised >3 years ago. Blizzard/Activision is a garbage company still trying to ride on their past glories from decade ago. Expand
  18. Mar 6, 2014
    This is one of the best single player games of all time. Plain and Simple if you have internet then you should try it.

The only reason why this game has so many negative reviews is because it requires internet and the fact that when it first came out there was a lot of issues but they have all been fixed and a lot of improvements have been made to that game that make it really good now.
  19. Mar 4, 2014
    Since Loot 2.0 this game is cracking good fun. It took a while (perhaps too long) to iron out the creases. The haters gonna hate. But it is now close to perfection. I still can lose hours to it no worries.
  20. Feb 10, 2014
    Atleast we can know now that Poe and Torchlight has 5,3K fanboys . Like some1 gives a sh1t about their reviews. This is not Diablo or Diablo 2 deal with it . We are in 2014 and things change.
  21. Jan 8, 2014
    Diablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's the whole purpose of the game. Its an enjoyable experience overall when approached without overwhelming expectations. Expand
  22. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention that diablo 2 had a lot of flaws in it as well and it was much more popular when LOD came out, Reaper of souls is addressing just about every issue that people below have wined and complained about. Even after all the frustration and let downs diablo 3 today is still a game that i play and have over 600 hours of time logged in and i will continue to enjoy for years to come! Expand
  23. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been over a year since the release of this game and as all the dust has for the most part settled from the initial fiasco of the internet connectivity issues and a solution for the terrible idea that was the real money auction house (just get rid of it entirely). All in all I've got to say, this game is one of the best dungeon crawlers I've experienced in a long while. I do believe that despite Blizzard being a very successful company, they sure do have a horrible fanbase. The community is some of the worst cases of self-entitlement I've ever seen. They really just feel that the longer they play a game they hate the more Blizzard will break down and do something...in actuality most of us actually enjoy Blizzard's games very much (this one included) and really those who hate it are a small minority who seem to enjoy torturing themselves with "mediocre" games until someone fixes it, which really never happens in their mind. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    The best action rpg out there so far. It might not be as challenging as diablo 2 but hey you have to think about everyone when you are playing a game.
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    All of the negative feedback for this game is a joke. I am an oldschool diablo 2 player and seriously diablo 3 just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Sure there are a few bugs sometimes, yet I am now on level 43 nightmare absolutely loving the online play in this game. It also go great guns single player.

Hurray blizzard.
  26. Oct 15, 2013
    3.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-3 months of lvling/grinding BUT those 2-3 months are well worth it, the graphics are simply great, mechanics, animations, voices... all of those are topnotch even the story isnt all that bad, hell i would buy this game for the cinematics alone... i mean NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE this game doesn't deserve 0/10 or are you telling me there is at least 1 person that thinks the graphics are bad? Give me a break. If you rate rate reasonably... taking in consideration ALL of its flaws AND beauties. Expand
  27. Oct 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 in it`s base form is troughfuly crafted game. That`s the base to build better loot system, balance, possibilities, fun. You can hate this game if you played Diablo 2, but mostly is because you never understand what Diablo 3 is. And you`re hater of course. But you also can love(!) the game. And thats something what hater never want let go. I love this game to death. I wish it better and glory future. Game it`s funy, epic, with greatly optimized control, combat system, amazing world, atmosphere of battle against evil itself, Also has great interface, item system and easy way to play with friends. And what is absolutely astonishing is creating a builds. I`m absolutely hot about this thing. It`s funny, variable and hard to learn. Expand
  28. Sep 5, 2013
    I bought this game the day it came out and I have been playing it ever since, and I must say I love every minute I spend playing it. Even when you complete the game you can just keep going (unlike diablo 2 with a level 99 cap), and the fun never ceases. I would highly recommend this game to other gamers looking for a great RPG to get addicted to.
  29. Aug 31, 2013
    The only regret is that I waited all this time to play Diablo 3. That game isn't comparable to other h&s in the market. The details, the structure of the map, battles, story,graphics effects, etc. all to a higher level.
  30. Aug 25, 2013
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. This is my favorite overhead game of all time, yep better than Diablo II in my opinion. This is the best looking games ive ever played. The cinematics the best looking ive ever seen. The gameplay is simply fantastic although gets repetitive later on.

1. Aug 31, 2012