3.9

1. Jul 11, 2012
    1)It's not Sanctuary, it's **** with rabbits and rainbows
    2)Crafting - useless ****
    3)Items with retarded stats (Crossbow with +for witch doctor skills lol) 4)Auction is very raw atm. 5)RMAH - Official donate, pay to win. 6)Drop chance extremally low and legendary/set items useless 7)Gameplay - very boring gameplay. Again and again cloned mobs in same maps (no random maps 8)Achiv -
    1)It's not Sanctuary, it's **** with rabbits and rainbows
    2)Crafting - useless ****
    3)Items with retarded stats (Crossbow with +for witch doctor skills lol)
    4)Auction is very raw atm.
    5)RMAH - Official donate, pay to win.
    6)Drop chance extremally low and legendary/set items useless
    8)Achiv - Most idiotic achiv what i see
    9)Useless secret level
  2. Jul 11, 2012
    Lag, lag, lag! The requirement to use internet to play the game is ridiculous for single player mode.

If Blizzard thinks that it can use its rep to continue to sell non-innovative games like Diablo3 with draconian measures like this then they are fooling themselves. You are only as good as your last game and this is not looking so good.
  3. Jul 12, 2012
    Blizzard simply screwed up on this one - BIG TIME!

Blizzard simply screwed up on this one - BIG TIME!

- People cleared Inferno after days, due to the completely bugged nature of this game that was never even tested on the highest lvl. - After we learned that it was possible to dupe Gold for several weeks, onle three ppl from my friend list (containing 39 chaps for D3 alone) decided to go on playing. They stopped two weeks ago. Everyone(!) i know stopped playing it, and each and every one of them is correct by stating that this is for sure the worst game Blizzard ever produced. - Edit: You were able to bid on auctions several times, and would get your money back all the time. A simple bug that wasn't corrected for days (!) allowed you to quadripple your money in a matter of minutes. Thats why there are still 500.000.000 GOLD items that sell. Because the gold is still in circulation, blizzard never took measures against it. Oh yeah, well that makes your hard earned 10 Million virtually ... worthless. Congratz! :(
  4. Jul 12, 2012
    I'm disapointed to see how not original Blizzard has been. The game is not really different than its previous versions and it does not worth the bucks. real money auction house is also a joke...
  5. Jul 12, 2012
    I have just created an account just to review this mediocre game.DO NOT trust anyone that says this game is good, i dont know whats wrong with them.Blizzard made an awlful game and put the name Diablo on it to make it sell, this game has so much problems, so much poor desings choice, and so much company greed that is impossible to list them all here as it would take a lot of time that iI have just created an account just to review this mediocre game.DO NOT trust anyone that says this game is good, i dont know whats wrong with them.Blizzard made an awlful game and put the name Diablo on it to make it sell, this game has so much problems, so much poor desings choice, and so much company greed that is impossible to list them all here as it would take a lot of time that i dont want to spent kicking this already dead horse.Just go to the Diablo 3 forums and you will understand.I would give 4 to this game, but because it has a legacy i am giving it 0 cuz it is insulting this game came out the way it came.Really disapointed...PLZ LISTEN TO ME DO NOT BE FOOLED, CHECK THE FORUMS. Expand
  6. Jul 12, 2012
    I would find this game acceptable had they not named it Diablo III. There was no reason to call it this. Diablo II is so much better in just about every way. No real character specialization, just rune gimmicks that can be swapped out on a whim. The limiting of abilities for some reason. They had no business calling this game Diablo III, it is not worthy of that. The game was clearly madeI would find this game acceptable had they not named it Diablo III. There was no reason to call it this. Diablo II is so much better in just about every way. No real character specialization, just rune gimmicks that can be swapped out on a whim. The limiting of abilities for some reason. They had no business calling this game Diablo III, it is not worthy of that. The game was clearly made for babies or something because it just does not resemble the greatness of Diablo II at all. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2012
    This is a dumbed down version of Diablo2. IMHO this game does not deserve the name Diablo at all. For me it was the biggest diasappointment that I have ever expected in a game: Everything you do is bound to a quest and you are forced to listen to the story over and over again, and the story is not complex at all. It is more predictable. Most of the skills are total worthless, most of theThis is a dumbed down version of Diablo2. IMHO this game does not deserve the name Diablo at all. For me it was the biggest diasappointment that I have ever expected in a game: Everything you do is bound to a quest and you are forced to listen to the story over and over again, and the story is not complex at all. It is more predictable. Most of the skills are total worthless, most of the elite groups are just ridiculous strong.
    No real goldsink so the economy is almost nonusable by newer people.
    Auction House is a joke because you are not even able to search for the items you need in an appropriate way
    Only 4 player game limit, with brainless teammaking (e.g. a 4tank game or 4 DD game, both do not work at all)
    No diversity in needed stats so you always look for the same stuff, and if you want to buy it its is very very expensive.
    Pay-2-win game thanks to the RMAH even though this game is not free-2-play.
    All on-hit effects pretty much do the same.
    You are forced to accept what Blizzard thinks is fun for you, this is robbery of fun.
    content is finished pretty fast, only longtime experience would be items but the idemdesign is pathetic, including legendaries, and even more pathetic are set items.
    all in one this game is a waste of money, propably worth being called an alpha-test-status game but there is no legitimation to deliver this product to the customer and ask money for it.

Never did regret something so much. Never been so shocked about a game. Blizzard opened my eyes about who they really are not anymore: good game developpers.
  8. Jul 13, 2012
    I played this for like 60 hours , and it's so annoying and boring, i don't even know where to start from... Lack of end-game, connectivity issues, just plain boring..
  9. Jul 13, 2012
    At the beginning I liked Diablo 3 a lot because there were many things to find.
    BUT after clearing everything except act 4 inferno i have to say i don't enjoy playing this game anymore.
    At the beginning I liked Diablo 3 a lot because there were many things to find.
    It's too much item depending which wouldn't be bad if you could find good items during your solo-runs (YES it's also a SINGLEPLAYER game!). I don't have time to invest 200+++ h just to get semi-decent gear.

Furthermore i want to play the game the way I want it to play and not how Blizzard tells me to play it (because of all the nerf's). Examples:
    - why does MagicFIND not affect chests anymore (nerf; if you can't kill monsters you resort to other things)
    - Why does every goblin has to stand in a group of (elite-)packs (or it's appearance is nerfed)
    - Why do you have to play each character as a tank?

I liked beeing a GlassCannon DemonHunter with high DPS. This is not whining. I'm just thinking about the good old DotA, where agi Heroes were VERY fragile, but hit hard which i liked.
    This applies for all the other classes, too (except barbarians). Either you focus on survivability or on dps (if you only have a limited budget!). Otherwise you're stuck in act1 which gets dull especially with low drop rates for good items.

From what i see the survivability isn't much of an issue for monks/barbs, but monks always have to worry about their cooldowns and don't make enough damage, which is frustrating for them.

I don't know that much about Witch Doctors and Wizards but as far as i can see they are too fragile and you can't enjoy playing them because your damage output is poor. This would be a problem if you were allowed to die - which you aren't because the repair costs has been inreased about 600% (if I'm coorect). Blizzard lowered the repair costs for damage inflicted durability loss by 50% (afterwards) because they wanted to make clear that dying isn't a part of the game, which is ok. BUT that's still 300% more repair costs than before just for playing through the game without dying.

In conclusion (but just for my act3 Inferno game experience):
    If you only have limited resources (Gold and time to play) the only class which you still can enjoy to play are Barbarians. This doesn't mean they need to be nerfed. Instead other classes have to me adjusted so that you can enjoy playing them again.
    Every other class is hard work to play and only makes really fun if you have VERY good gear which isn't possible due to limited resources.
  10. Jul 13, 2012
    This is a good game, but greed has prevented it from being what it could have been. The game delivers in most ways - the classes are diverse and unique, the skillsets are well thought out and it definitely helps to have a wide variety of classes during multiplayer, the graphics are dark and luscious with a hint of the marked blizzard cartoony flair - it is very true to the original DiabloThis is a good game, but greed has prevented it from being what it could have been. The game delivers in most ways - the classes are diverse and unique, the skillsets are well thought out and it definitely helps to have a wide variety of classes during multiplayer, the graphics are dark and luscious with a hint of the marked blizzard cartoony flair - it is very true to the original Diablo style. But, the auction house, and the measures Blizzard takes to make it necessary to use it if you are playing on anything harder than Normal, makes this game very frustrating. For one, the droprate is outrageous. After about 50 hours of farming this month, I have found about 1 item that is useful to my character and 1 more that is actually of any value. With drops like these, it is nothing short of impossible to play this game without friends or without spending north of 500 dollars on gear. The actual transactions themselves are rigged to line Blizzards pockets - every transaction has a very significant fee, and if you are not careful to redeem the money immediately to your PayPal, Blizzard has hold of the money forever. The constant online feature is less to curb piracy [although it has done this quite well], but more to make a paying model out of an essentially single player game, so that Blizzard has a fallback once World of Warcraft starts losing momentum, as is already happening. All in all, if you haven't started playing this game, then I most definitely recommend you stay away, or you will end up either wasting lots of money or lots of time or both, and be completely dissatisfied once the dust cloud settles. Expand
  11. Jul 13, 2012
    Story: 3/10 - very short
    Graphics: 7/10 - pleasing
    Gameplay: 8/10 - was fun until Inferno Act 2 Replay Value: 2/10 - short story, no pvp at launch, progression in inferno hits brick wall and need to grind/farm for gold to buy upgrades in auction house. Unless you enjoy grinding and farming to get better gear, this game is no longer enjoyable post inferno act 1. Even with distinct
    Story: 3/10 - very short
    Graphics: 7/10 - pleasing
    Gameplay: 8/10 - was fun until Inferno Act 2
    Replay Value: 2/10 - short story, no pvp at launch, progression in inferno hits brick wall and need to grind/farm for gold to buy upgrades in auction house. Unless you enjoy grinding and farming to get better gear, this game is no longer enjoyable post inferno act 1. Even with distinct classes, the game's redundancy makes further play-throughs boring.
    Music: 4/10 - Music wasn't as good or dark like previous Diablo titles.
    Sounds: 8/10 - I had no problem with the sound effects/voices
    Cinematics: 10/10 - Blizzard always makes amazing cinematics, and this was no different
    Skill System: 8/10 - I really enjoyed playing around with the skills and creating good combos to work with, unfortunately this was massively hindered in Inferno.
    Requiring connection to internet: minus 1 point (this was very frustrating early on and those of you who played it early on know what I mean)
    Real Money Auction house: minus 1 point (This infuriates me that they are encouraging players to pay real money for in game items, and what's worse is that they are taking a cut of it.) I don't like the philosophy of pay to win.
    overall: 50/80 = 6.25 - 2 = 4.25 (rounded = 4)
  12. Jul 13, 2012
    I gave this game a fair shot. I took two characters to 60 and have a couple mid level ones. It is a very average, probably below average game. You can probably enjoy this game for a month, maybe two. But no way you're going to be playing this for years like Diablo 2.

First the good points. Combat is fun. Graphics are pretty good but nothing groundbreaking. Voice acting is generally

First the good points.

Combat is fun. Graphics are pretty good but nothing groundbreaking. Voice acting is generally good.

Now the bad points and there are a lot.

Itemization is horrible. In 170 or so levels I have on all my characters I have had items drop that were actually an upgrade for my character maybe 4 times, no exaggeration. Drops are almost never higher level then you that you need to grow into. They are almost always 5-10 levels lower then you, IE useless. Even at max level 60 99% of the drops are total crap. For example at 60 you need a weapon that does 1000-1600dps, and you constantly get level 60 weapon drops that have absurd DPS like 250, basically level 30-40 stats on a level 60 item. Pure vendor crap. All the gear is like this.

Because of the poor itemization you are forced to use the in game auction house to gear up buying items that players higher level then you couldn't use. This totally sucks as it's like the main game is an Ebay sim. And it gets worse. Blizzard put in a real money auction house too. So most of the great items are selling for real money.

The economy is screwed beyond belief. There is no bind in equip on items. So there are always more and more items forever. When you finally get a good item to sell you find that there are thousands of the same item already on the auction house. This makes selling anything but the very best stat items nearly impossible. There aren't enough gold sinks in game and Blizzard has done nothing about bots. So gold has so little value that everything endgame costs millions. That's a LOT to a legit casual player. At best a casual is going to make 100k in about a three hour night of playing.

The skill system is dumbed down compared to Diablo 2. There are no more skill trees. You pick your skills from pulldown menus in various categories.You can no longer switch skills on the fly with the function keys. You pick your skills and if you want to change them in the field you have to go into a menu, and there is a cooldown before you can use them. There is no more stat customization. Every class can use the exact same equipment. The only requirement is level. Builds are very limited and boring compared to the huge variety in Diablo 2. You are pigeonholed into using very specific builds just to survive.

The game play.

The game is pretty short.
    You play it through on normal which is absurdly easy and boring.
    Then you play through on nitemare which is also so easy it's boring.
    Then you play through in Hell and it's pretty fun because it's about the right challenge.
    Then you finally get to Inferno level hoping to get some good drops and it is nearly impossible. The majority of what's left of the playerbase is stuck in act two inferno. This is because trash mobs can 1 shot you and many elite packs has absurd affix combinations that are unbeatable. Players are literally forced to quit and restart their game because of this.

Some general stuff.

There is no transparent map overlay that you can leave up while playing like Diablo 2.

You can no longer open a town portal and leave it open for an emergency exit. The town portal is no longer instant cast either. It is channeled and interpretable so you're never gonna escape a bad situation.

You cant skip from all the different acts and waypoints once you beat the game. You are forced to play the quests every time and if you want to switch acts you have to reload the game and choose that quest.

The music is almost non existent. This is a huge disappointment compare to the epic music Matt Uelmen did for Diablo 2.

The story is horrible, I mean REALLY bad. The villains are like cartoon Disney stuff.

The Bosses drop utter crap and are too easy, Blizzard what's you to farm the sometimes impossible to beat elite packs

The game is ONLINE ONLY. Blizzard has created the worlds first single player game that features lag, rubberbanding, and disconnects. Battlenet STILL sucks.

The game is full of duping, gold farmers and bots, just like the previous two Diablo games. Blizzard is either totally clueless on how to stop this or just don't give a damn because there people buy lots of copies of the game.

All in all, you can have fun for a month or two in Diablo 3, but there is NO WAY I would ever recommend someone pay the premium $60 for this game. There are just way too many other better and cheaper games out there. If $60 is no big deal to you check it out and decide for yourself, otherwise stay away from this game. Buyer beware, you have been warned.
  13. Jul 14, 2012
    The art work and tasty little video clips Blizzard revealed led us into thinking that Diablo III would "take us" or is it "plunge us" into new depths of demon spawned darkness and horror where we are mans last salvation. Sadly it does not. Diablo III is not a bad game in terms of "start too end" story line, it's just whats in between those two points, that undoes what could have been aThe art work and tasty little video clips Blizzard revealed led us into thinking that Diablo III would "take us" or is it "plunge us" into new depths of demon spawned darkness and horror where we are mans last salvation. Sadly it does not. Diablo III is not a bad game in terms of "start too end" story line, it's just whats in between those two points, that undoes what could have been a truly epic game. It never was going to be anything but a tedious game doing four, yes four runs to get too Inferno (Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno). The epic fights I looked forward too against what I hoped would be legendary demons with unbridled power and tricks up their sleeves. Sadly it turned out to be attack, run away, attack, run away, attack, oh you're dead. The only thing I like, is my monk's ability to keep everyone bubbled and healed and still being able to deal out damage making my need to be in a group essential. Sadly some players fail to understand monks need monsters too beat on too regenerate their spirit to keep said players alive, and so they kill the monks target and then they die and blame the monk, because they didn't get bubbled or healed. LMFAO at these noobs.

Character development. Skills are great as long as you read very careful exactly what it does and what will be impacted by choosing something else. Monks are very badly screwed over by the need to use spirit to do anything cool let alone helpful. Constantly being drained of spirit and not regenerating it fast enough can lead too alot of deaths. I spent alot of time, circling monsters. singling one out away from the pack, move in, strike a few times, build some spirit up, circle away before the rest of the group has time to land too many blows. The other classes are OP and don't appear to have too much trouble with large groups. You get runes to enhance your skill, each rune adds a different type of effect too your skill. In my case I went with everything that increased my spirit regeneration. I have soloed Diablo and managed to revive my team mates for the final killing strike simply by biding my time, keeping myself bubbled and healing myself and Diablo away from their corpses. Power of the runes.

The story line is not very robust. Receive quest, go here, kill this, get this item, give it too this person, next quest. It's a rush a job. Blizzard seemed to have spent far too much time drawing pretty pictures than filling in the lay of the land, side quests of historical value and creating decent movie sequences. I'm sorry, but cartoon videos indicate you ran out of money, not that you wanted to impact the Asian market place. One decent video sequence is all your going to get folks. Side quests are laughable, some relate to current characters, most seem to be there as part of the achievement system. The storyline should have been carved into atleast three stages and money spent on refining each stage. Instead we are delivered a rip off of Titan Quest. Which again was too damn long but your fighting creatures from antique, which is cool!! I know there is an expansion pack coming, that much is obvious, you will see it if you know what too look for. Value for money. No, not really. Blizzard knows that, that's why they gave it away free for a 1 year WOW subscription. Diablo III gets a 4 out 10. Subsequent expansions won't save it. Better to go straight onto fleshing out the story line for Diablo IV.
  14. Jul 15, 2012
    Game driven by Blizz' greediness . Every change they make reflects it fully .
    I've played D2 a decade ago, but this seems more like a miniature WoW rather than a hack and slash. Where you can just brag about your gear and call anyone with lower stats a noob, other than that not much to do.
    Game driven by Blizz' greediness . Every change they make reflects it fully .
    Also this system of taxes in both GAH and RMAH makes you feel you're some kinda Blizzard employee and in fact you are making money for them . Just like drug dealers do .
  15. Jul 15, 2012
    Is it made in China?Oh, dam* game !(*=n)
    A huge disappointment, no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up, WoW inspired skills.Why is there no LAN?
  16. Jul 15, 2012
    The game is fun until you reach level 60 and inferno. Then it gets boring. Farming the same spot way too many times and only getting **** items isn't my idea of fun. The game is built around tha AH, and when the economy is ruined by bots the RMAH is the only way to go. Diablo 3 should be about killing monsters and finding cool items you could use, but it's not. I'ts repetetive avd it getsThe game is fun until you reach level 60 and inferno. Then it gets boring. Farming the same spot way too many times and only getting **** items isn't my idea of fun. The game is built around tha AH, and when the economy is ruined by bots the RMAH is the only way to go. Diablo 3 should be about killing monsters and finding cool items you could use, but it's not. I'ts repetetive avd it gets really boring really fast Expand
  17. Jul 16, 2012
    I have bought the game together with 2 friends. We have been playing Diablo 2 for years and been waiting for this title ever since.
    I find it to be a boring grind (no different character builds, since every character of the same class gets the same skills; no WEAPON difference, since the weapons differ ONLY IN ANIMATION, not in play mechanics) - there is simply no variety, nothing to look forward, only a monotonic clickfest.

The game also sucks from a technological standpoint - the server connection STILL drops every few hours, months after the launch, and Diablo 3 was stuttering on a computer that ran Mass Effect 3 perfectly in full HD.

And even this is not enough - one of my buddies was informed in a rude e-mail that he was suspected cheating and is now banned. The accusation is false, and what's even worse, there was not even a politely worded warning.

Bottom line - this is no longer the Blizzard that made StarCraft and Diablo 2. This game is not worth your 60 bucks and your time. Find another publisher who makes quality games and does not lace them with obnoxious DRM. Stay away from this title.
  18. Jul 16, 2012
    This game had way too much hype for what it is worth and considering how much time they had to prepare it, it was a major let down. It was almost as if they released LOD, learned from their mistakes and saw what their past developers did on Torchlight and tried to emulate it to make it more user friendly. Torchlight was fun but a little blah. This game's progression is weak in the senseThis game had way too much hype for what it is worth and considering how much time they had to prepare it, it was a major let down. It was almost as if they released LOD, learned from their mistakes and saw what their past developers did on Torchlight and tried to emulate it to make it more user friendly. Torchlight was fun but a little blah. This game's progression is weak in the sense that there is four difficulties and the need for the middle two is completely unnecessary, besides what is the point in replaying the same crap four times over?
    What Blizzard should have done is make it 2 difficulty settings and make it so on the first game-play you get far like lvl 35-40. then on the 2nd play through, you play half of it leveling and the other half endgame, making the end of it dramatically harder.
    Also the fact that this game cannot be played offline mode is complete bs, i mean i can get that they want to encourage people to use it but near the beginning of it all it was doing was encouraging gold farmers and the fact that there is so many random adds from gold farmers that just somehow get your information when you're offline is questionable.
  19. Jul 16, 2012
    Good game until you reach level 60, than the hell begins.

The auction house is horrible, you cant filter more then 3 affix, witch is necessary to find good items needed to progress in the game. Bots, A LOT of bots, creating an inflation of the gold. Required an online connection, witch comes with lag (FROM THE SERVER! WTF). The difficult starts only in Inferno difficult, witch
    Good game until you reach level 60, than the hell begins.

Bots, A LOT of bots, creating an inflation of the gold.

Required an online connection, witch comes with lag (FROM THE SERVER! WTF).

The difficult starts only in Inferno difficult, witch is not superated by skill, but by gear.

Just another pay to win game.

Huge disappointment.
  20. Jul 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What it does good - The combat system is amazing. Great looking particle effects and very fluid all around. Decent customization of your skills. What it does bad - Pretty much everything else. The storyline is terrible. The main "twist" is decent but every big bad was a yawner. Act 4 being 1/4 as long as the other 3 acts makes no sense to me. Seemed very rushed. Normal and nightmare modes are insanely easy if you upgrade your gear regularly on the AH for essentially nothing. Hell difficulty with basic level 60 gear is a good challenge but once you get higher end lvl 63 gear its a breeze. Inferno mode though might as well be impossible. The later acts (2-4) were recently nerfed but it didn't help. My 60 barb who has 80% reduction of dmg for all the resistances and 70% reduction from all dmg because of armor, not to mention every defense passive possible with some good life steal, still gets 2 shot in Act 2 by champion mobs, also forgot the base 50% reduction in dmg because I am a melee character. I can clear act 1 while watching TV and pressing 3 buttons but as soon as I go to act 2 I die all the time. Balancing is a huge issue, my lvl 60 demon hunter that has crap blue that cost about 100K total on ah does 85K dmg. My barb does 12K dmg and has to be up close to do that dmg. Overall just poorly executed game. They are patching it monthly trying to get it balanced but I have my doubts. Not even gonna get into the terrible AH and RMAH in this review. Save your money and listen to the Sub 4.0 user review. Expand
  21. Jul 16, 2012
    Game was essentially ruined by the real money auction house due to bots automatically buying all the good items on the gold auction house and relisting them for ridiculously high prices. Players are left asking themselves whether to bother competing with bots on the AH, or to instead spend hours grinding for gold in order to upgrade their gear.
  22. Jul 16, 2012
    It had everything to be one of the best titles in gaming industry, yet it failed in every aspect.
    The graphics are outdated, the always online thing is a pain, the whole plot is laughable and cheesy, the skill system is dull and, believe me, this is not even the worst! The worst of it is that Diablo 3 is unrewarding. The fun of the game (i.e., getting better and better equipment for your characters) was ruined by a drastic reduction in drop rates of useful/epic gear and by the implementation of an Auction House. So why would you go out there and face hordes of demons if they carry nothing valuable? And why would you do that if everything you may want is already at sale on the Auction House? Totally pointless.
    In addition to that, while most games today are trying to create an innovative and immersive gameplay, Diablo 3 is a step backwards: it offers nothing new and makes you feel like you're not even part of the game. You have no choices, you don't change anything, you just click everywhere the whole time. Sure that was fun back in Diablo 2, but that was 12 years ago.
    Finally, if you're thinking about buying this game, don't get fooled by "professional reviewers" or Wikipedia articles. Diablo 3 is a huge disappointment. But don't take my word for it, just take a look at the Diablo 3 Forum!
  23. Jul 16, 2012
    You can't customize your characters, the spells you gain are automatically given as you level, and a very limited number of them. Each spell can have a rune attached to it, which is the only thing you can customize the problem is that many of the more powerful runes are obtained early on meaning you literally have nothing to look forward to as you level so it becomes very tedious as thereYou can't customize your characters, the spells you gain are automatically given as you level, and a very limited number of them. Each spell can have a rune attached to it, which is the only thing you can customize the problem is that many of the more powerful runes are obtained early on meaning you literally have nothing to look forward to as you level so it becomes very tedious as there are 4 difficulty levels of the exact same game. You also can't customize your controls, as the mouse buttons (left-click and right-click) can't be changed so you have to keep an ability that uses left-mouse click but also causes your character to move, so if you happen to mis-click a fast moving enemy, it causes your character to move which in later difficulty levels can easily result in death. You can't change this either. Once you hit Inferno difficulty, the difficulty ramps up drastically in each act, where "elites" have a set number of affixes they can pull from, with some combinations being ridiculously hard, even harder then the bosses in the game. To further cause problems, some of these abilities can instantly kill you, and are small and hard to see like the Frozen or Arcane ones which can be placed underneath, and hidden by spell effects on the screen, only to result in your instant death. Lag is still a problem several months after release, and the game must be played on-line with at least 1 day of maintenance per week, sometimes 2-3 lasting far longer then other games typically going till mid-afternoon EST. Your character can "rubber-band" due to lag, usually resulting in death and a repair cost for dying. Additional problems include the collision in-game. Some escape abilities used to get you away from dangerous situations like a Wizard's teleport, can be "caught" on tiny things on the map like a crate, or the edge of a wall causing you to teleport to the location that you collided instead of to the location that you clicked to go. As the abilities usually have long-cooldowns, this frustratingly leads to death as these abilities are normally used to escape dangerous situations so it doesn't help if you don't actually get moved from the spot you were trying to move. Another problem is the "queueing" of spells, as certain builds are built around button mashing, the queue routinely gets screwed up and clicking an ability doesn't always fire it off if something you had clicked earlier was still "queued". You move on to your next ability not realizing it never fired off. Lastly, and the worst part about this game is the horrible itemization. Getting an actual upgrade to drop is extremely rare, and I have yet to see a single upgrade in 120 hours of play right now. All of my gear was purchased on the gold Auction House where you can get pretty good items for very cheap because there is literally no market for them (thus, very hard to make any gold in this game because very few items ever sell) but the big upgrades are all priced well out of anyone's range unless they either use real money, or get extremely lucky and find a drop they can sell for millions to be able to afford the items going for 20+ million to upgrade their character and progress. Trying to sell mid-range items on the Auction House is an excercise in futility because there is a mandatory 36 hour posting period, and no way to cancel with a 10 item limit. So the odds are you will place 10 items up there, none will sell, and you can't put any additional Auctions up for another 36 hours. Even once you get a base set of cheap gear on the AH, without using specific min/max builds you will not progress through Inferno difficulty, and even as you do progress, the odds of getting an upgrade are slim to none so advancing your character is akin to winning the lottery, and not a normal path of progression with small, but systematic gains. Many people are botting and exploiting, further screwing the economy for the real players. At the end, you use the same skills through 4 difficulty levels of the same game (no customized levels like previous Diablo games), then are forced to bang your head against a wall trying to get an upgrade to drop (which is rare, considering how many different stats there are and the ridiculous fact that level 51 gear drops in the hardest difficulty, Inferno, which requires level 60 to enter) which makes zero sense. While you're trying to get this needle in a haystick upgrade to drop, you get to deal with horrible customization forcing people to play how they want you to play (using left-mouse for an ability and to move), bad collision engine and a difficulty level, especially on specific elite abilities, that makes little to no sense in Inferno and very quick deaths with repair costs for players. Do not buy this game unless you like torture. Expand
  24. Jul 17, 2012
    This game is terrible. The story is predictable and doesn't hold attention. The end-game is non-existent, and hunting for items is both boring and infuriating due to imbalanced loot and incredibly rare quality drops. Additionally, the fact that there is a real money auction house makes it feel much more like work than play, and there are an incredible number of bots around, which BlizzardThis game is terrible. The story is predictable and doesn't hold attention. The end-game is non-existent, and hunting for items is both boring and infuriating due to imbalanced loot and incredibly rare quality drops. Additionally, the fact that there is a real money auction house makes it feel much more like work than play, and there are an incredible number of bots around, which Blizzard has done nothing to stop as far as I know. Add a huge number of glitches, frequent down times, and almost no character variety, and you have Diablo III. Expand
  25. Jul 17, 2012
    I've played all Blizzard games since Lost Vikings and I must say this is their first major failure. What they are selling looks like developer preview that was done in 2008 and frozen ever since. And it goes for what... $60? I even took a vacation at work to play it and boy how I was dissapointed after a few weeks.

The worst points of the game are: Most of legendary items aren't

The worst points of the game are:
    Most of legendary items aren't legendary at all, considering the drop rate is very seldom;
    You get only 1 type of socketed item in 4 different flavours (I'd like to remind you its year 2012);
    Only a few different random-generated dungeon events;
    Amount of available map "blocks" is very low which results in incredible repetitive dungeons (you can see this even in the first act by looking at the cathedral minimap);
    You can't spec your hero the way you want - all the stats are automatically assigned for you at level up;
    No character customization at all! You don't really need much at this camera angle but it wouldn't hurt;
    Poor interface functionality - comparing item stats at AH is troublesome, only 3 filters and you can't filter by item armor amount or block chance;
    HP+ globe stat doesn't increases healing potions efficiency AT ALL which is really weird.
  26. Jul 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is one of the worst games I have ever played. It earns this recognition because it single handedly ruined the almost-mythical Diablo franchise and tarnished the great name of Blizzard. The story and dialog is written for kiddies and sounds like a dumb cartoon. The quest line is completely linear with no variation or choice. The loot drop quality is terrible, so you don't get theDiablo 3 is one of the worst games I have ever played. It earns this recognition because it single handedly ruined the almost-mythical Diablo franchise and tarnished the great name of Blizzard. The story and dialog is written for kiddies and sounds like a dumb cartoon. The quest line is completely linear with no variation or choice. The loot drop quality is terrible, so you don't get the satisfaction of earning items you worked for. The game is built around funneling users to the auction houses, which Blizzard makes a profit from. This is a greedy and underhanded money grab from Blizzard/Activsion. For shame!

If this was a game with a different name, it would have received a 5 from me. But because this is DIablo 3 and made by Blizzard, the implementation and design choices come as a shock and is extremely disappointing. You've made me very sad Blizz and I will no longer faithfully buy your games without a second thought. And for that, you deserve a big fat ZERO and D3 deserves to be called on of the worst games of 2012.
  27. Jul 17, 2012
    I think the current metascore of 88 on the game is not right, and totaly biased. I had some fun for the first 2-3 weeks of playing, having a good time with friends. THEN, it's when you arrive at inferno that something's not right. The drop rate is terrible, it's totally not made for casual gamers (even though they stated the game is made for elite and casual players). Consequence of theI think the current metascore of 88 on the game is not right, and totaly biased. I had some fun for the first 2-3 weeks of playing, having a good time with friends. THEN, it's when you arrive at inferno that something's not right. The drop rate is terrible, it's totally not made for casual gamers (even though they stated the game is made for elite and casual players). Consequence of the bad drop rates? We are forced to use Auction House, BUT, to use Auction House you need gold, and you have gold, you need to sell stuff to people OR farm 24/7 to get that one good item... In fact, you are forced to use Auction House if you don't want to waste a big part of your life... Then, even with the current bad state of the game, they released the REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE, what bull****. Now, if you're a casual player, and even some intense gamers, have to pay to get better gear since they don't want to waste their time farming all day long. The whole game is a nothing but a cheap way to get money. Also, Blizzard lacked on player support on that game. We asked them to ban/stop those hackers/bots since they were ruining the economy of the game. NOPE. They wait like 2 month before actually moving a finger, but it's too late, the economy is already ruined, and now we're at a point where 1 MILLION gold is only worth 25 cents - 2 dollars. In fact, that 1 MILLION takes a bit less than a week to get, if we're legit players, and only farm with full gold find gear. Selling valuable items, which we farmed for weeks, gives tons of gold, but that's the only way to do get gold for legit players now...

TL;DR: They missed the ball on that one. Terribad game. Don't waste 60$... If Torchlight II is about the same, or not as good as Diablo 3, at least it only costs 20 bucks. D3 is a bad repetitive game based around real money, and has bad player support as well.
  28. Jul 17, 2012
    300 Hours played and 5000+ elite kills. My general review is below:

Pros: Beautiful graphics Smooth combat/animations Excellent camera angle and "feel" Cons: +No replay value +Poor itemization +At a certain breakpoint due to useless mods and poor system design, you basically stop having any chance of upgrading +300+ hours of gameplay and 9 Legendary | 1 set item - all
    300 Hours played and 5000+ elite kills. My general review is below:

Pros:

Beautiful graphics
    Smooth combat/animations
    Excellent camera angle and "feel"

Cons:
    +No replay value
    +Poor itemization
    +300+ hours of gameplay and 9 Legendary | 1 set item - all Worthless!
    +Poor tuning in Inferno - one shot mechanics and unimaginative scripted fights
    +Heavily WOW influenced
    +No realism in the context of a dark tense dungeon crawl
    +Crafting system is absolutely broke - no value in crafting items at max level
    +Poor if not criminal communication from Blizzard with its player base
    +DRM (always online) requirement
    +Your purchasing a license not a game
    +Real Money Auction House
    +Gold Auction House
    +No PVP

I could continue to go on but the game, beyond being successful at a gorgeous game environment, is a complete failure.

Sure - buy this game but if your a ARPG fan do not expect a game that is engaging and encourages replay value with its farm game and different classes. The skill system is weak and requires no intelligence. The farm system is boring and sad.

At best this game is a 3.0 and after playing Blizzard games for 13 years, I will no longer purchase any future Blizzard games. I've already sold the majority of my gear and will shortly be selling my bnet account as I refuse to play crap and then wait around for Blizzard to make effective changes that improve the game experience.
  29. Jul 18, 2012
    This game is amazing. It is the best game ever that requires you to exploit, cheat and bot until it's fun. The inferno difficulty curve is punishing. All the good gear on the AH costs 50-100 mil per piece and the repair costs are astronomical. Blizzard could have had something great here, but given the current state of things... it is looking grim.
  30. Jul 19, 2012
    I just decided to stop playing this game, after 70 hours of playing - and only for this there is 1, not 0. Story is too short, you finish normal difficulty level after few hours and then you have to repeat same things for next hours. Yeah, it's quite fun, but after reaching Inferno whole fun dissapears. Game begins to be only about farming and looting cracked items - to loot a good rare isI just decided to stop playing this game, after 70 hours of playing - and only for this there is 1, not 0. Story is too short, you finish normal difficulty level after few hours and then you have to repeat same things for next hours. Yeah, it's quite fun, but after reaching Inferno whole fun dissapears. Game begins to be only about farming and looting cracked items - to loot a good rare is to win a national lottery. Bosses are to annoying - not hard, just overpowered and annyoing - and defeating them is totally lack of fun, because there simple are no prize for it. More of that, you must spend your own money to repair your gear. Cmon, I should be payed for winning fight, not be forced to pay myself! Game is crashed on mechanic design level and therefore is not worth buying. Expand
  31. Jul 19, 2012
    I have completed Diablo 3, it took me 16 hours, the game was fun from start to finish. The biggest problem with Diablo 3 is that it is very easy to complete and it has no end game content. Once I complete a game I typically do not replay it unless it has been many years and the story was exceptional. So I have a character that is level 30 and I'm done. There seems to be 30 more levels andI have completed Diablo 3, it took me 16 hours, the game was fun from start to finish. The biggest problem with Diablo 3 is that it is very easy to complete and it has no end game content. Once I complete a game I typically do not replay it unless it has been many years and the story was exceptional. So I have a character that is level 30 and I'm done. There seems to be 30 more levels and an auction house but I'm not sure what the point of those are since I have completed the game. Although what I experianced of D3 was fun and entertaining it was surprisingly short and lacking in end game content. I was expecting more from Blizzard, I don't imagine it would have been to hard to create 10-15 end game maps where players could spend sometime fighting a few new bosses to finish the level cap. The games seems like it was rushed to market. Game play is simple and old school... all you are getting are the cut scenes that continue the Diablo story. Expand
  32. Jul 20, 2012
    Diabl-WoW 3 : When a great game becomes a great chore. Grind grind grind. Well, grind again! Faster, you need money to buy stuff and you can sell stuff to make money. Money, money,money, bots, everywhere! Oh wait, where the fun again? Fun? What are you talking about, this is not a game this is a business. Forget about deep character devellopement and stiry, no time for that! Grind grindDiabl-WoW 3 : When a great game becomes a great chore. Grind grind grind. Well, grind again! Faster, you need money to buy stuff and you can sell stuff to make money. Money, money,money, bots, everywhere! Oh wait, where the fun again? Fun? What are you talking about, this is not a game this is a business. Forget about deep character devellopement and stiry, no time for that! Grind grind grind festival baby. Ah well, might just go back to D2 for some good fun. Waited all these years for that. What a shame. Randomized dungeons? Are you kidding me!? Not even close to D2. I played about 30 hours, Ive had some fun but not much. Time to go back to Indie Games. Big companies dont get it anymore, its all about money. Expand
  33. Jul 21, 2012
    Gigantic let down of recent years. All anyone can stipulate is that under a different name it would have not been such a let down. It would have been seen as what it is then, an auction house rpg economic simulator (with war torn Europe as a base line for it's current currency stability, awful to say the least, LOL), but as a supposed successor to Diablo 2 it fails on ALL accounts andGigantic let down of recent years. All anyone can stipulate is that under a different name it would have not been such a let down. It would have been seen as what it is then, an auction house rpg economic simulator (with war torn Europe as a base line for it's current currency stability, awful to say the least, LOL), but as a supposed successor to Diablo 2 it fails on ALL accounts and expectations possible. after almost a decade they crap out this excuse for a game. I even have the exact same problem with the game's launcher that I had in beta, 3 months after its release and had reported back in beta then, that they never even fixed! I personally managed to figured out a complex specific routine of killing the agent.exe process in task manager at certain visual queues of the launchers inane progression. (which is anywhere from stuck at 0% loading or 100%, both with the play button grayed out, and or sometimes flat out showing an error box with absolutely nothing helpful as to what may be the problem, forcing me to relaunch 1 second later and have no error like what usually occurs) A fair minority have had this problem and posted on the forum about it, but still nothing. In the error it says contact customer support... Let me tell you about customer support, they can't help you with the most prevalent problems like you losing items on the auction house, especially right after a patch, which happened to me, thankfully only on trash I was trying to peddle on the AH. Support cited having "no logs" for verifying whether or not I actually received the items even though one of them was a weapon I bought out and re-uped to get a profit, which appeared on the log that I CAN SEE. (which is flipping, learning a specific gear market, buying out gear you know for a fact could sell for higher, and then hopefully selling it for more than what it cost to buy it. Which is exactly why this game is an auction house simulator because you need to do things like that if you hope to get ahead an--- OH WAIT, gold just devalued a couple more million over night due to botters, nevermind that, we're never going to afford that gear for act 3-4 inferno now without using real money auction house, which is another reason things are as bad as they are in this game, ActiBlizz's greed and stupidity.
    Stupidity because they could actually make WAY more money by actually making the game fun and work instead of REQUIRING THE AUCTION HOUSE FOR EVERYTHING. Oh right, did i forget to mention you will never see a drop of gear that you actually want or need? Legendaries are all USELESS. (supposed to be their answer for uniques from diablo 2) I had 3 legendaries drop in over about 300+ hours played, a recipe for a useless level 50 legendary crossbow called starburster or w/e, which I have no idea how people hope to use to draw a profit (with its typical, high resource cost to craft) OR use on their character for more than 2 levels until already seeing better gear. (on auction house) Somehow it sold for a meager 450k at the time, probably all suckers who actually think they know what their doing with their time or money, pro tip: they don't and I BET they all quit the game soon after realizing their loss and was the final nail in the nail filled coffin for this despicable excuse for a diablo game. ActiBlizz strikes again with another mediocre game that takes so much from its cash crop game WoW. IF, IF... IF, they hadn't lost ALL, ALL, ALL of their ORGINAL DIABLO DEVELOPMENT TEAM... THEN, they may have had their priorities set. Instead, they throw money at vain safe devs

* Players need progression, skill progression, experience level progression, and gear progression all combine to make the player feel the character is theirs and theirs alone. By the end game, my character should feel completely different than another character of the same class.

* Smooth out the difficulty. The only reason inferno is so tough, is because is was implemented as an afterthought. Gear checking between acts, is painful, even for the biggest D2 geek.

* Here's one that I really can't understand, make each difficulty level, a little different - Open up new areas, add new monsters, add unique events, add people to the towns. There is no difference in the world of Diablo between difficulties, every run through is exactly the same, except the monsters get tougher. * The legendaries (uniques) are a real head scratcher. There are two possibilities here. Either legendaries didn't have enough time to be implemented, or someone actually thought it would be a good idea to make them completely unusable. In either case, this really scares me.

* The Story - Just terrible, with such cheesy voice acting and dialogue. Possibly the most shocking part for me. There are no characters I feel any connection to. I have zero reason to hate, or want to destroy the bosses. Plus they're mostly remakes of old bosses, brought back for absolutely no reason.
  34. Jul 21, 2012
    The game doesn't reward you at all. You have to play like 50 hours just to get a decent item you can sell for 20$. This is below the minimum wage in China. Blizzard want to turn their player base into a slave labor, so they can make out like a bandit. This game is work, it's not a game it's work.
  35. Jul 21, 2012
    After waiting over a decade for this game I could not of been more disappointed. The story is short, the grinding is long, viable builds are nerfed as quickly as people find them, you have to buy your high level gear in the Real Money Auction House, and gold/item farmers run the Auction Houses. It's a money grab by blizzard, and just a travesty of a game.
  36. Jul 22, 2012
    Ok I'm not even going to touch the abysmal dialogue or the bland characters or the storyline that's something out of Disney mixed with Power Rangers. This is a loot game, on with the gameplay.

Itemization sucks. It's very bland, nothing interesting. You're hunting for mainly 3 of the same stats for all your gear slots in order to be successful. If an item doesn't have one, most of the time it's complete garbage. The odds of an item rolling said 3 stats along with good value rolls on those stats are infuriating.

The difficulty is okay for Normal->Hell. Pretty easy. But the best stuff drops in Inferno, the gear-check difficulty. And if you don't have the gear with those 3 stats in all your slots you will get slaughtered. And chances are you won't have the gear. This is where the fun with the AH starts. You start buying gear for stats in order to progress, and that's where it stops being fun.

Inferno is not a challenge for the sake of challenge, it's a progression difficulty - a means to an end with cheap MMO mechanics built in like enrage timers and rez timers to make you either pull your hair out grinding earlier difficulties or use the AH. On that note, the loot that drops is not quality loot most of the time because of the sole existence of the AH.

Basically, it's a chore. A second job with no real rewards. You're grinding for uninteresting loot for that marginal .5% mitigation and 1% dps increase in order to progress to a later act. Once you do that, you face another brick wall. Gear doesn't enforce build diversity, and the cheap mechanics of "difficulty" shoehorn you into a certain build, narrowing build diversity even further.

Diablo 3 is not the wors game I've ever played. Diablo 3 is the worst letdown of a game from such a trusted company like Blizzard Entertainment. And I thought FFXIII was a letdown.
  37. Jul 22, 2012
    I'll sum Diablo 3 up in a single word. Disappointing. After more than 10 years you'd think they'd be able to come up with something that doesn't feel like Diablo 2.5, if that. Game play is lackluster, graphics have lots of shiny features, story is boring. Don't get me started on the always on-line requirement.

Save your money, pick up a copy of Diablo 2, and have fun. This game isn't.
  38. Jul 22, 2012
    I don't describe myself as someone who enjoys torturing himself, but after playing Diablo 3 for 150 hours I'm having second thoughts.

I pre-purchased the game and thankfully did not spring for the collectors edition, as this game is a monumental failure. When patch 1.03 was released, around 65% of players stopped playing the game, with good reason. There is nothing more I can add to the previous negative reviews, but to sum up what I think are the worst problems, consider the following:

1: The drops are terrible.
    2. The only point to picking up items, realistically, is to sell them for gold so that you can either (1) repair your gear that apparently evaporates over time and gets constantly obliterated by inferno elites that one shot your glass cannon character that the game apparently had in mind when it presented you with the option of a "glass cannon" skill, OR (2) buy items from the auction house so that you can HOPE to kill elite monsters so that you can HOPE that they will drop something worth owning (which is, unfortunately, wishful thinking). 3. There is no endgame.
    4. "Developer" Jay Wilson is almost as big a failure as the game itself. Nothing warms the heart of a customer more than hearing the company tell you that you are wrong and they are right. 5. It's just not fun. "Grinding" in D2 was fun, because you could just go into a cow level, PWN everything, do some meph runs, and trade items with people instead of Blizzard and its 15% fee. "Grinding" in D3 is a joke, because the elites in inferno are designed to one shot even the best-equipped characters. And the drops are awful. It is so easy to get sucked into a perpetual cycle of endless frustration... At least with "grinding" in D2 you didn't get one-shotted while wearing good gear. And if you did, you could at least kill some stuff before you died. People like killing things. 6. So many other better games out there for $60. Even for $40. Or $20. 7. Graphics and interface are...unexpectedly outdated. The graphics issue is self explanatory. . . but the chat interface is just bad. People are constantly chatting "private" messages into the general channel because it is so clumsy. The list really goes on and on, and on, and on. . . I was able to sell all of my gear before 1.03 and made some money on this game, but I absolutely do NOT recommend this to any of my friends. Don't even buy it to complete your "Blizzard" collection of games. This is an embarrassment.
  39. Jul 22, 2012
    After played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left thisAfter played for 200hr (lv 60 wizard and monk, stopped at inferno A3), I realized this is a bad game. Why does it take that long for me to know that? Because I kept telling myself, "Blizzard does not make bad games, there are something better later in the game." I was going to write a long review as to why I think it is a bad game. Then, I just simply don't care about anymore. I left this review for anyone who has not bought the game yet. DON'T DO IT. It is not 200hr of fun, it is 200hr thinking "it will get better later." I feel really bad getting all my friends playing D3 since all of them quite already. So if I can just save one person from buying this awful game, I will feel much better. Expand
  40. Jul 23, 2012
    I hate being negative but sometimes a man´s gotta do what a man´s gotta do. This game sucked big time. There are of course a lot of arguments that can be used and I´m sure my fellow critics have done so already so I´ll keep mine short and explain the thing that bothered me the most. But first of, the positive things.

I like the artwork and the story isnt half

I like the artwork and the story isnt half bad. I didn´t care all that much about the story because western RPG always suck compared to eastern (japanese) RPG:s. To complain about the story is thus a waste of time.

But I have witnessed the ultimate sellout of fans by a company with this game. Vivendi/Activision/Blizzard have lost all track of what made Blizzard such a successful company in the first place. Their hardcore fans, the gamers. With the release of this game, they spat on the face of every gamer out there. They made us buy a game that first of was incomplete, secondly it was unbeatable by default.

Who in their right minds releases a single player game in which a single player cannot finish the game?

Apparently Blizzard does.

This game is impossible to beat on inferno level (which is the endgame) without having to use the auction house. Keep in mind, this is a single player game. Why do I even have to use the Auction House?

For one reason, RMAH (Real Money Auction House).

It´s a great idea for the company, make players buy and sell gear whilst Blizzard makes cash without actually having to work. But for the players this means that the best gear will always sell for cash and that the ingame gold AH (Auction House) gets depleted of the best items.

RMAH is however acceptable even though it´s tacky as hell. If they wanna be greedy, sure go right ahead.

But in this case Blizzard has made the game so hard on inferno level that the usage of the AH was impossible to avoid. If AH is unavoidable then RMAH automatically becomes the next step.

But, don´t you get drops in the game?

Well of course you do, nothing usable but of course you do.

The loot system is innovative, the first game I have ever encountered where the highest item level (ilvl) on drops doesn´t mean that youre getting the best gear. I have gotten alot of the ilvl 63 which is the highest possible and yet I have nothing to show for it. My best gear is actually an ilvl 61 (it´s the best drop I have gotten and it beats my ilvl 63 bought gear), this after 250 hours of gameplay. "Then why do you even have item levels Blizz?", should be the first question they should answer.

Diablo 3 is the biggest pyramid scheme since the pyramids themselves:p and for this Blizzard should take a timeout in the corner and reflect on their shameful behaviour. Standing next to them should be the corrupt media that has given this game a good reviews. Shame on you, the free press, bought and paid for by lazy and greedy developers. I´m still giving this game 3/10 because of the artwork and the 250 hours of gameplay it gave me. But this was the last time Vivendi/Activision/Blizzard get´s a dime from me and I used to be a big fan.
  41. MVP
    Jul 23, 2012
    As a die hard D2 fan I was extremely disappointed by this game. The lack of variability in attributes and skills makes each class homogeneous with its equivalent level (I remember beating people in PvP when they were 20+ levels higher - that was the fun!). You no longer drop you body when you die, so there is no real reason to worry about it. You don't really get to the "good stuff"As a die hard D2 fan I was extremely disappointed by this game. The lack of variability in attributes and skills makes each class homogeneous with its equivalent level (I remember beating people in PvP when they were 20+ levels higher - that was the fun!). You no longer drop you body when you die, so there is no real reason to worry about it. You don't really get to the "good stuff" until level 60+. The game is also too short, the areas are not particularly big and always the same. The side quests are boring and often make little or no sense. Levelling up makes enemies that were impossible suddenly extremely easy. To add insult to injury, the storyline is awful. The game no longer feels scary like D2, but cartoon-esque. The auction house also ruins the game by offering items better than you ever find.

This is such a shame for a game that could have been so great. Really really disappointed with it. The Diablo franchise is dead (thankfully the D2 servers are still up!).
  42. Jul 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that deserves a solid ZERO. People might say "you're stupid if you're going to rate like that" and stuff, but Blizzard worked hard for this zero. Simply put, the game is the biggest money grab that ever existed. Unless you open your wallet and spend some dolla on the Real Money Auction House (in which Blizzard charges a 15% fee), the game is very unrewarding and,Diablo 3 is a game that deserves a solid ZERO. People might say "you're stupid if you're going to rate like that" and stuff, but Blizzard worked hard for this zero. Simply put, the game is the biggest money grab that ever existed. Unless you open your wallet and spend some dolla on the Real Money Auction House (in which Blizzard charges a 15% fee), the game is very unrewarding and, consequently, annoying. Furthermore, it's been 2 months since the release of the game and players still have to face unsolved bugs and gameplay issues that prevents the game from being fun. However, when something happens to the Auction House, Blizzard seems to take immediate action.
    So, the problem is not only the dumbed down skill system, the awful story, the cheesy dialogs, the 2006 graphics, the WoW-like gameplay, the horrible loot, the Auction House' centered economy, the lack of world randomization, the always online DRM, the server maintenance, no PvP, no end game, etc.: incompetence and neglect from Blizzard also play a big role in this failure called Diablo 3.
  43. Jul 24, 2012
    A leggere le riviste pare che sia un bellissimo gioco.. si, per chi non abbia mai giocato a Diablo in vita sua questo è un bel gioco ma comunque secondo me, rimene nettamente inferiore a un qualsiasi Dungeon Siege..

Nessuna crescita dei pg, solo un banalissimo sistema alla gods of war.. Aste coi soldi veri O_O Storia piatta, un qualsiasi ragazzino l avrebbe scritta meglio.

Nessuna crescita dei pg, solo un banalissimo sistema alla gods of war..
    Aste coi soldi veri O_O
    Storia piatta, un qualsiasi ragazzino l avrebbe scritta meglio.
    Livelli di difficoltà STUDIATI ed ELABORATI per il PAY FOR WIN, vuoi andare avanti? Bene comprati i set altrimenti ti killano con 1 colpo.

Per concludere i 60
  44. Jul 24, 2012
    Simply put, AVOID this game. Don't be fooled by Blizzard's big name, they just plain failed with this game. The AH is an insult to this type of game, the crafting is a waste of time, drop rates are absurd and the likelihood that you get something for your class is abysmal. If I wanted to grind I'll play WoW, and the worse part of all this was Diablo was almost made into an MMORPG but thenSimply put, AVOID this game. Don't be fooled by Blizzard's big name, they just plain failed with this game. The AH is an insult to this type of game, the crafting is a waste of time, drop rates are absurd and the likelihood that you get something for your class is abysmal. If I wanted to grind I'll play WoW, and the worse part of all this was Diablo was almost made into an MMORPG but then they changed that to the game we know and hate. In THAT game the AH would have worked fine, NOT in this game. And then with the Real Money AH, honestly WTF were they thinking, or what were they trying to accomplish here. All I see that was accomplished was tarnishing the good name the was Diablo. Blizzard is dead to me, Diablo is dead to me. 70 Hours played and nothing to show for it, thanks Bliz, and F&%K You. Expand
  45. Jul 24, 2012
    Nos han vendido un proyecto de Beta. Lo de los últimos exploits descubiertos me parece hasta denunciable. El parche de reducción 50% vel. ataque, para aquellos que días antes hubieran gastado dinero real... grrr solo de pensarlo me entran ganas de tirar una bomba nuclear a Blizzard. COMO NO PUEDO HACER OTRA COSA APARTE DE VENDER MI CUENTA OS COMEIS UN PUTO 0 !!!!!
  46. Jul 25, 2012
    I can't in good conscience recommend this game to casual fans on the previous games. After Blizzard finally addressed the launch connectivity issues, I was eager to get playing. What awaited me was tedious combat, a shallow skill system, and boring loot drops. I spent countless hours playing around with Diablo II, experimenting with the various classes, enjoying the endlessly randomizedI can't in good conscience recommend this game to casual fans on the previous games. After Blizzard finally addressed the launch connectivity issues, I was eager to get playing. What awaited me was tedious combat, a shallow skill system, and boring loot drops. I spent countless hours playing around with Diablo II, experimenting with the various classes, enjoying the endlessly randomized dungeons. Diablo III has already bored me after 10 hours. I have no interest in trying out the other classes. The dungeons are tedious. The always online requirement is as insulting as the server lag it inspires. I used to think Blizzard could do no wrong, but this title sadly proved otherwise. No amount of updates will change the fundamental nature of the game. Expand
  47. Jul 25, 2012
    Can't say I'm surprised that Diablo 3 turned out to be such a failure. That's what happens when you put a douche like Jay Wilson as director of something as huge as Diablo. Nothing personal against the guy or his double-chin (couldn't resist, sorry), but instead of humbling himself before the previous games of this once reputable franchise, Jay Wilson openly discredit Diablo 2 and itsCan't say I'm surprised that Diablo 3 turned out to be such a failure. That's what happens when you put a douche like Jay Wilson as director of something as huge as Diablo. Nothing personal against the guy or his double-chin (couldn't resist, sorry), but instead of humbling himself before the previous games of this once reputable franchise, Jay Wilson openly discredit Diablo 2 and its mechanics, alleging that "it was not fun" and that he could make it much better. Kinda unethical talk trash about a product made by your own company I would say, but whatever. Because of his bias towards Diablo 2, most features that made that game entertaining were cut out and we, gamers, received a poorly and uninspired hack&slash loaded with a Auction House made for the sole purpose of filling Blizzard's pockets even more. Now, the game is ruined and there's no patch that could fix the damage. Expand
  48. Jul 26, 2012
    This game promised so much, but delivered on so little. The first few hours of the game are fun, you feel tremendous slaying all sorts of demons, but after a fairly short time it becomes boring, and at a certain level, it feels more like working than playing a game. There is 0 end game to speak of, the item drops are determined based on the AH, which makes it near impossible to findThis game promised so much, but delivered on so little. The first few hours of the game are fun, you feel tremendous slaying all sorts of demons, but after a fairly short time it becomes boring, and at a certain level, it feels more like working than playing a game. There is 0 end game to speak of, the item drops are determined based on the AH, which makes it near impossible to find anything of use if you do not spend countless hours farming. The countless hours I would not mind, if it were fun, like it was in this games predecessor, Diablo 2. The game also currently lacks any form of pvp, and the pvp they intend on adding (4v4 unranked arena pvp) does not sound promising. Any pvp in a game where you can just charge up your credit card to win is bound to have pointless and unfair pvp, even if the games are not ranked. Blizzard really disappointed me with this game. Expand
  49. Jul 26, 2012
    If you loved Diablo 2 then you will hate this game. Top 10 Problems With Diablo 3

-Targeting issues/Hitboxes are too big -No hostile toggle/PK'ing -No pvp at release -max lvl 60, no ladders -No stat or skill points -Battlenet 2.0 -4 player max per game -Cartoonish graphics -real money auction house -Skill user interface -Bad voice acting, outdated chat system, shared magic

-Targeting issues/Hitboxes are too big
    -No hostile toggle/PK'ing
    -No pvp at release
    -max lvl 60, no ladders
    -No stat or skill points
    -Battlenet 2.0
    -4 player max per game
    -Cartoonish graphics
    -real money auction house
    -Skill user interface
    -Bad voice acting, outdated chat system, shared magic find

Avoid this game at all costs.
  50. Jul 26, 2012
    This game is a decant game overall, but not well thought out. It has way to many flaws in the game. The safety of the players is just not there. People have lost loot and real money not only from other players but also from blizz as well. They cover their butts with rules so no one can sue them. There is no skills needed to play this game at all. Don't waste your money nor your time,This game is a decant game overall, but not well thought out. It has way to many flaws in the game. The safety of the players is just not there. People have lost loot and real money not only from other players but also from blizz as well. They cover their butts with rules so no one can sue them. There is no skills needed to play this game at all. Don't waste your money nor your time, unless Blizz will fix stuff in the next patch. Expand
  51. Jul 26, 2012
    I was more excited for this game than anybody, waited over a decade for it. Blizzard kept promising how epic and amazing the game was going to be and made it look like they were really interested in making the game the best ever at any cost, and we waited for several years for them to do this. Now that the game is released, we all know that the game is complete crap. I tried to like it soI was more excited for this game than anybody, waited over a decade for it. Blizzard kept promising how epic and amazing the game was going to be and made it look like they were really interested in making the game the best ever at any cost, and we waited for several years for them to do this. Now that the game is released, we all know that the game is complete crap. I tried to like it so hard that I deluded myself into wasting many hours playing it hoping it would be good. I didn't enjoy any of this time. I still had hope that Blizzard wanted to make it the best game ever at any cost though, and they would just like theyve been saying right? WRONG 34 days after release, just after the 30 day money back guarantee expired Blizzard pulled a bait and switch and then took a poor game and purposefully turned it into one of the most boring games of the decade in an attempt to force you into using the real money auction house and spend more money if you want to enjoy yourself in the game. They nerfed 90% of all item drops in the game, nerfed magic find, removed magic find from chests, nerfed boss drops, and changed the drop quality so it would be almost guaranteed that you won't find anything of value so you can't even farm in a farming game, in an attempt to force you into spending thousands of dollars of more money if you want to get any item at all of value. The game feels like working in a chinese sweat shop now, it was a pure money grab and Blizzard just revealed themselves to the millions of customers that they are shady crooks trying to rob you. Believe every negative review you see this game is the worst of the worst, driven by pure greed. Don't let the title fool you, Diablo 2 was the best game of all time, but this isn't a real Diablo game, it's just a game disguised as Diablo devoid of any and everything fun and wants to rob you of your money so you can enjoy playing it right? Wrong. Even people with good gear are quitting because the game is just horrible. Now almost 3 months after release, the game is completely dead, there are seriously 1-4 people playing in public games in inferno quests. That's not a joke noone is playing. It's a ghost town. And the company that wanted to make the best game ever at any cost? Theyre nowhere to be found in response ot this game. They honestly dont care about it at all it was just a show and a money grab. We've been robbed.

I am a huge Diablo fan, it's my favorite franchise out of every game, book or movie out there. I can't honestly give this game anything higher than a 1 out of 10. It's just so poorly done, was falsely advertised, and they removed all the selling points of the game so they can charge you again for expansions to include what was promised to already be in the title.

If you're a fan of Diablo 2, just realize that Diablo 3 has less than 10% of the content available in Diablo 2 LoD, the story is crap, the writing is crap, gameplay is crap, theres not much to like about the game at all. You're gonna feel deeply unsatisfied if you purcahse this game. I recomend noone goes near this game especially if you are a fan of Diablo. They just want your money, they dont care about their customers. Look into buying Torchlight 2 which comes out soon, made by the developers of Diablo 2. It is a quality game for only $20. Guild Wars 2 comes out soon as well and has no monthly subscription fee I highly recomend this game as well if you want a game you can actually enjoy which wasn't developed strictly to get your money and nothing else. Blizzard is dead. Runic games and ArenaNet are the new Blizzard, support them.

Boycott all Blizzard and Activision games, don't support them with a single dollar ever again. I've never felt this ripped off by a company before The way they pulled this off was just so shady and disrespectful to the intelligence of their customers. They really are crooks dont let them get away with this.

Theres actually hundreds of cons I could list to this game's design but I wont even bother, just dont buy this game period it's the biggest dissapointment in gaming history. The only pro is the graphics look good. Doesnt look like a Diablo game though. Worst game ever.
  52. Jul 26, 2012
    I've had multiple moods throughout this game and I honestly still don't know where I stand on the game. After getting nearly every character to 60 but playing a level 60 of each class I was able to get a fairly good idea of what each class offered and really, this was disappointing. None of the classes really stood out to me in what they specialized in, it just felt more like you wereI've had multiple moods throughout this game and I honestly still don't know where I stand on the game. After getting nearly every character to 60 but playing a level 60 of each class I was able to get a fairly good idea of what each class offered and really, this was disappointing. None of the classes really stood out to me in what they specialized in, it just felt more like you were either a glass cannon, a tank, or a bad hybrid until you had a good funding going on. Builds didn't stand out as they once did in Diablo 2, too many useless runes, even useless skills. A high lack of personality in the characters really. That combined with the fact that you were constantly checking out the auction house, it just felt like a soulless game. I tried farming for hours, getting nothing, the odd item I could sell for a decent price but nothing spectacular. Then I tried playing the market, buying good deals and selling them for slightly less than what they were worth and I made good money. I averaged about 2mil a day with maybe an hour of total time put towards it and it was nothing more than checking up on my auctions and looking for deals when I had less than 10 auctions running. I bought my gear and progressed through the game and it was boring. I felt no accomplishment. I still felt vulnerable even though I was fairly over geared for the game. The repair cost change made playing too uneasy. I didn't want to play because I didn't want to risk dying, or should I say, die without a chance. The majority of the time I did die in this game I felt as though it wasn't so much my fault, but more the games fault for throwing too much at me. Too many special affix's going off at once, too many champions right beside each other. Too many overpowered abilities or passives in monsters. It never felt like I had the chance to defend myself and instead it was 'my fault' for not having the gear. The skill system makes it too difficult to react. I don't want to dedicate 2 buttons/skills to a defense when 90% of the time I'm using just 1, but for that 10% when I need the 2nd skill,' I'd rather have Diablo 2's system where that 2nd skill was always available to me if I needed it and kept it hotkeyed near the end. As most people have said, the story is an embarrassment and really I would have preferred to have none at all. The waypoint system is annoying, the stale multiplayer is boring, the chat channels are spammed to hell and empty. To say one is nitpicking is really just an excuse, the game has flaws, many of them. Just because a game is 'decent' doesn't mean we should judge it just on that. The game has a company name, and previous games to back it up that this game should have been great. My call of duty comparison: For those that have played call of duty, this is how I feel they raped diablo. Instead of having 10 custom classes that you can change each time you die, you can only use 1 and have to quit the game to change that class around.

Instead of playing a random map pool, you are forced to play each and every map in a pre-defined order. Instead of many different viable guns in each category, you didn't end up with 1 overpowering one. You ended up with only 1 gun even doing damage while they rest just had flashy affects.

Instead of being able to jump into the game at any point and enjoy yourself, you are at great risk at all times and if you die too much in a match, you will be forced to take a break from the game for 24hours.

Instead of being able to unlock all the guns by leveling up, you must instead pay for the guns with real money and can only get ammo by picking up people with the same gun as yours leftover ammo on the ground.

and I'm sure I could think of more. This is what I feel if call of duty did to it's next game, would be basically an exact example of what happened to Diablo.
  53. Jul 26, 2012
    Playing over 300 hours, and most of the time is replaying act 1 Inferno for better loots or gold. Seriously replay value is only to find way to beat all kind of affixes monsters @ different act. Multiplayer is terrible with rubberbanding lantency. And the musics remind me SC1........seriously.....
  54. Jul 27, 2012
    Server Issues aside, this game lacks the "game"

Normal/Nightmare are a mindless faceroll against mindless AI, with boring items dropping all the way, that is, each item has 1-3 stats on it. To increase your damage, you need your class's primary stat; there's really no need for any amount of defensive stats in these "difficulties". Delves on stats are so low that Critical Hit Chance,
    Server Issues aside, this game lacks the "game"

that is, each item has 1-3 stats on it. To increase your damage, you need your class's primary stat; there's really no need for any amount of defensive stats in these "difficulties". Delves on stats are so low that Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, Thorns, and Increased Attack Speed are irrelevant

The story bland, while that is not a big deal, it becomes one when it is forced upon the player repeatedly. There are no options to automatically skip the cinematics or the numerous ingame scripted events that play. For some time I wasn't even aware you could skip the scripted ones. That said, the play is very, very linear, and the area you ocupy is completely dependent on the quest you choose to do. The free roaming aspect is just about completely removed from Diablo, as well as randomized maps gone. The only aspect of "random" left, is the placement of entrances on a static zone, and monster spawns.

Each Act is literally half the size of previous, so I have to question what they were doing for 10 years...

Many things shown in videos prior to release, such as PvP, currently are not present in the game, Patches and hotfixes are biased towards the AH/RMAH, while anything they do throw at the game itself is Nerfs to beneficial mechanics, such as Magic Find working on enviromental objects, the spawns of Treasure Chests, gold drop amounts, even a flat 50% cut to the Attack Speed bonus on items....ONE DAY AFTER THE RMAH GOES LIVE. What they did buff was repair costs .

Inferno itself is bad design; the "difficulty" is artifical, in that your ability to complete the content is 95% gear based, without exaggeration. It is even announced on the official forums that the hitboxes of your character are oversized, because they did not want you dodging things, because it "is not fun", and is intended by desgin not to be possible to weave in and out of attacks. That said, the range on melee from monsters is rediculous. Once an animation starts, you can expect to be regardless of where you are on screen when it lands. This particular issue is worsed by latency, which yes, is attributed to server issues, but I suppose I make this more in reference to Always Online, and the lack of availability of a suitable connection to many.

Many of the supposed reasonings behind making the game Online Only failed, among them being stopping botters, or preventing hacks .

More on the Gear Check issue, once you meet the requirement, Inferno is Hell all over again, literally.
    It wouldn't be such a large issue if Inferno really was optional, which technically it is, except the only reason left to play the game is to make money off of the RMAH or continue gearing up, both of which lead you to Inferno, which in turn has deplorable drop rates on decent gear. I refer to decent gear as gear which is sustainable to getting you through the content of Inferno, and it does not drop at a practical rate, at all.

To progress through Inferno, you rely on the AH, because you cannot obtain your gear on your own without devoting obscene amounts of time into the game. This would be acceptable, if it were limited to Godly/High Tier items. But this is for stuff just to clear the content, it does not drop on a typical set of runs.

Moreover, when Blizzard announced the droprate increase to higher item level gear, they didn't bother to mention they completely gimped the chances of it being useful; that is, minimum values on given Affixes were lowered, and the likelyhood of rolling more Affixes themselves was reduced.

Following 1.03, there have been many unannounced changes to the game, such as the reworking of Magic Find; an updated page on said stat was located on 7/21, but it was unannounced

Now assuming this was not a change, then their claims that Magic Find worked exactly as it had from Diablo 2 were lies.

Back to the issue with Inferno, there are bizzare combinations of Affixes on Elite/Champion packs, that are outright horrible design.

From CC locking to being Invulnable, naturally fast mobs having a Fast affix, Jailer locking you in pools of hazards, running from an enemy only to be Vortexted straight back to it, mash your cooldown to escape only to have it Teleport straight to you

There are many problems, but there are over 3000 other reviews available here that cover all thse things are better than I am willing to.

As a typical game, I'd rate 4/10, but since they slapped "Diablo" on it, and continue to run it into the ground with each new patch, 1/10
  55. Jul 27, 2012
    After roughly 100 hours game play I can say D3 is a huge disappointment. Blizzard did nothing to innovate game play or graphics and instead focused on a money making machine. Playing through the same exact tedious storyline to get your character to max level then once more to get the max level gear is mind numbing. The real money auction house wouldn't be so bad if GOLD SALES weren't legalAfter roughly 100 hours game play I can say D3 is a huge disappointment. Blizzard did nothing to innovate game play or graphics and instead focused on a money making machine. Playing through the same exact tedious storyline to get your character to max level then once more to get the max level gear is mind numbing. The real money auction house wouldn't be so bad if GOLD SALES weren't legal causing non cash spenders like myself to feel HUGE inflation. All in all I think this game was an atrocity to the title and to gaming in general. Expand
  56. Jul 27, 2012
    Terribly disappointed: the game is too simplistic. Would be ok for 10 year old casual gamers, but I'd like to be able to customize my character, rather than having it auto-level, auto-skill building, auto-upgrading, auto-everything.

For Diablo4, program an option to auto-move, auto-attack and auto-loot, and I'll go have a beer while my computers plays on its own. Besides, Blizzard is

Besides, Blizzard is working much more on their auction house than on improving the quality of the game. Greed everywhere. Bye bye Blizzard, you just lost a customer (several thousands if not millions, actually).

Graphics are good, by the way...
  57. Jul 27, 2012
    Let me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven'tLet me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven't released any plans for any other endgame yet... But they have stated they have some prospects. I wouldn't get my hopes up given their track record since release.

Item grinding, at ridiculously low drop rates (lower than d2), is their current version of endgame and the drop rates have taken into account their RMAH and GAH (real money auction house; gold auction house) systems. What's even worse is that upon the low droprates of say, a legendary, you also have to hope RNG shows you love on property rolls on that item.... For EACH property. With that being said, don't plan on progressing in this game alone.... And with that being said don't plan on playing this game in multiplayer, because the game becomes heavily lopsided so punish multiplayer games, unless you and your team are ridiculously geared and skilled and have plenty of time to waste. Instead of progressing yourself, you will mainly find yourself farming gold, not items, for auction house progression.

The game was released in online mode only to protect the players from botting, hacks, etc but that promise fell through as bots have already ruined the economy and continue to run rampant, exacerbating inflation. Simply put, the online mode only, that is required, only protected Blizzard from people playing with pirated copies instead of protecting all parties involved.

The dev team is very poor about the implementation of fixes, the game is riddled with bugs and exploits from an extremely limited beta testing phase. Truth be told, this game is in a paid beta state and that's me being nice.

To make matter worse, Blizzard upholds their reputation to cater to the general playerbase skill level, so hardcore people and elites need not apply. Inferno mode, the original difficulty intended for "the few skilled and dedicated players" was nerfed less than a month after release. And not a well thought out nerf either, a "everyone can now do this" type nerf. Nerf nerf nerf, that's all this game has been so far. Simply put, this game is fun for maybe 100 hours. Anything more is a job. You can be the judge of if you want to spend 60$ on it for that kind of time. However, past that the game is quite terrible. Other than having nice graphics it has nothing really going for it. It's just a game with multiple WoW systems implemented and a Diablo name stamped on the box (for sales).

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  58. Jul 28, 2012
    Honestly diablo was a big let down for me, it really felt like blizzard was rushed by the heads of activision to sell this game on time and so they cut corners. it seems like i spent 60$ on a beta.
  59. Jul 28, 2012
    Very good game up till Inferno. Story Sucked major balls bad voice acting Character depth isn't even there you really don't care what happens to them.. End game is just a fat gear grind with Poor loot very poor loot. Graphics are OKAY not top notch but they are a bit pretty the keyword is BIT

Too much of a WoW clone really awful don't buy it.
  60. Jul 29, 2012
    A. There is no off-line game. I understand why Blizzard did it but I don
  61. Jul 30, 2012
    The game that will have caused me to boycott all future Blizzard products, whereas I bought all of them + expansion packs since Warcraft 1 : - Underdimensioned network infrastructure at start while Blizzard knew it : they did not want to invest too much in infrastructure thinking of the fact that some people would leave after a few months
    - Hidden DRM with the obligation of playing online
    - Hidden DRM with the obligation of playing online while playing alone - hence making hardcore mode subject to disconnections
    - Obligation of buying a Blizzard Authenticator to take part to the RMAH : hidden cost that wasn't stated at the beginning
    - Awful communication from a company who clearly have seen its level of attention for the community with the increase of its bank account.

I planned to buy heart of the swarm + mists of pandaria, my money will now go to smaller and independent game companies who care for their customers.
  62. Jul 30, 2012
    After 200 hours of playing, I extremely disapointed bye that game. Big fan of the number 1 and 2, this opus is just made for let Blizzard earn more money with the auction house. All the spirit of the serie is broken with that game and the communication of blizzard is awfull...
  63. Jul 30, 2012
    Ah product where all the work is for the ah.
    i doesn't deserve the "name" game.
    In the past, blizzard was Blizzard. Today, it's just a common company which is selling videogames because it gives more money than a broom.
    Biggest disappointment in my gamer's life.
  64. Jul 31, 2012
    Diablo 3 pails as a successor to Diablo 2 in many gameplay respects, however, I'll overlook most of those for this review. Diablo 3 requires always on Internet presence in order to even play the single player game. This makes lag an issue, and with my closest servers being about a third of the world away from me, the game plays like a slideshow, not matter what system on net connection IDiablo 3 pails as a successor to Diablo 2 in many gameplay respects, however, I'll overlook most of those for this review. Diablo 3 requires always on Internet presence in order to even play the single player game. This makes lag an issue, and with my closest servers being about a third of the world away from me, the game plays like a slideshow, not matter what system on net connection I run it on. Always on DRM is not fun, and has not prevented cheaters and scammers on the auction houses or in the game, and don't get me started with the level of discourse in the forums. I would say this is an average action game at best, if you removed the online components (which seems impossible without a complete redesign), or the worst Internet game ever made if you can't. Would not recommend any Blizzard products in the future based on this. Expand
  65. Jul 31, 2012
    Pour ma part j'ai que 60 heures de jeu, je n'avais pas joué à Diablo 2, j'ai fait pas mal le no-life à une époque sur WOW, j'attendais D3 pour tester, je suis déçu.
    J'ai pas pris beaucoup de plaisirs à jouer à Diablo 3, le jeu est assez beau mais sans être incroyable, les cinématiques sont belles, l'histoire et pas très poussée. Le gameplay c'est tu clicks, tu cours, tu clicks, tu cours.
    Il y'a peu de techniques de combat, et si tu veux avancer tu dois t'orrienter vers un Build pas forcément FUN à jouer.
    Je suis bloqué au début ACT4 inferno, j'ai fait environs 40 rushs sur le Boucher & Bellial qui ne m'amusent pas et ne m'ont rien apporté en loot. Et Farm HV ne m'amuse pas non plus. Je vais peut être tester des autres classes pour voir, mais refaire la même histoire, les mêmes quêtes linéaires ne m'enchante guère.

J'ai 32 ans et j'ai commencé à jouer aux jeux vidéos vers 3-4 ans, avec plus de 1'000 jeux sur l'Amiga 500 et ainsi de suite. Je trouve que le monde du jeu vidéo va mal, en tous cas les blockbusters (selon wiki : en anglais « qui fait exploser le quartier ») veulent au final rammasser que du
  66. Jul 31, 2012
    seriously rushed with no consideration for its players and the money we spent on the game. i feel like signing up for RMAH just to get my money back. wish i could have my time back though. the item drops since 1.03 have made a days worth of item grind leaving you with nothing. havent seen a legendary or set in over 20 hours of gameplay.
  67. Jul 31, 2012
    For anyone who is purchasing this game out of the reputation of blizzard or Diablo 2 then this is a flat out robbery. That doesn't even get into the aspect that not only do you pay a premium $60 to get in the door but if you don't end up paying more to purchase in game items then you won't be able to beat the final difficulty.

Aside from the disgusting greed related to their real money

Aside from the disgusting greed related to their real money auction house, aka the RMAH, the gameplay has some elements that simply dive off the cliff as well. The storyline is at the level of a child and does not stay true to the original storyline from diablo 1 and 2. For an RPG game you will find ipad games with more customization. The only thing this game has going for it (if it could only drop the baggage of needing to live up to being a diablo game developed by blizzard) is great graphics and effects. But even those are short lived with a small amount of content in a linear storyline play style.
  68. Jul 31, 2012
    After 2 months i'm finally over it. I'm not sad, angry and disappointed at a rate, where i should not write a review at all. First thing to mention are the awesome CGIs. That's everything positive to say about D3.
    If you're a big fan of Diablo 1 and 2 you start wondering after 3-5h of gaming. The dark, depressing and scaring atmosphere of D2 and especially D1? Gone. Good, fitting backgroundmusic? Gone. Nice and "realistic" graphic which would be appropriate for this era, like it was back in 2000 with D2? Gone. Replaced by unimaginative ugly and unfitting comic-graphics. Well, graphic is not everything, but the atmosphere is totally destroyed.
    Now to the important part: Gameplay!
    Well D3 is no Diablo-Game anymore at all. It is simplified and plain **** No more skillpoints to spend, not even stat-points. Everybody gets the same amount of stats and, depending on your class, the same skills. Most skills and runes are useless and you never ever use them. You just stick to the skills which work best like forever. While you're leveling you won't find ANY good item, like in D2, where you found LVL 60 legendaries while being 48. You only level up to reach LVL 60 and start farming inferno like braindead. You don't farm sets nor legendaries, because they're useless crap, but yellows with rare-stats. But you won't find them at all. Pretty motivating that you dont even gain XP anymore isn't it? What did D2 make a good game and why isn't it implemented in D3? The possibility to create a "unique" character, to have choices, and also to be able to completely choose the wrong skills and start from the beginning. And of course the itemsystem.
    I'm not willing to mention every single screwed up decision and gameplay-detail, it would take like ages.
    Diablo III is definitely the greatest disappointment in my life as a gamer. They couldn't have make it worse. It's a disaster and a shame how they screwed up the sequel of Diablo 2. It is a trash-hack n slay with "Diablo 3" printed on it, nobody would play this for more than four hours if it wasn't for the name. I can not understand why the heck there're people defending it and saying it's a good game. They must be around 12 years old and never have played ANY good game, especially not Diablo 1 nor 2.

Well i think i'm still pretty pissed by this abomination. Last Blizzard-game i bought.
  69. Aug 1, 2012
    In a nutshell - DIABLO 3 is garbage !! I waited 10 plus years for this game to be released and now that it has I won't be playing it anymore. Don't get me wrong I gave it a chance at close to 200 hours of game play. During that time I managed to find 3 Legendary items that were trash and not even useable. My lvl 57 Barb is always under equipped and I could never even find items to balanceIn a nutshell - DIABLO 3 is garbage !! I waited 10 plus years for this game to be released and now that it has I won't be playing it anymore. Don't get me wrong I gave it a chance at close to 200 hours of game play. During that time I managed to find 3 Legendary items that were trash and not even useable. My lvl 57 Barb is always under equipped and I could never even find items to balance him through the auction house. I am sorry that it took me so long to realize just how sh@tty this game really is. The game looks like a clone of Guild Wars and the weapon situation is just as disappointing . I am now another use- to- be Blizzard fan and I WILL NEVER support them with another purchase !! I could go on and on but everyone seems to know exactly what makes this game Sh!t so I won't waste my time and yours !! [elite boss powers --- Jailer, vortex, desecrator, fast ??? WTF !!! boss example Wasps !!! What a joke !! Peace I'm out looking for a better game. Expand
  70. Aug 1, 2012
    Auto-stats. Auto-skills. Auto-pickgold. 2/3 of skills are useless. Intese rubberbanding (because of blizzard servers theres a % that when u move u get "magically teleported" a few meters back). Most legendary items are beaten by rares. Items get random stats so what happens is that 99% of your drops will be worth nothing. Theres a % that you wont be able to play hardcore because of the lagAuto-stats. Auto-skills. Auto-pickgold. 2/3 of skills are useless. Intese rubberbanding (because of blizzard servers theres a % that when u move u get "magically teleported" a few meters back). Most legendary items are beaten by rares. Items get random stats so what happens is that 99% of your drops will be worth nothing. Theres a % that you wont be able to play hardcore because of the lag you get depending on were you live (australia gets 200ms). Its easy to get to lvl 60 and thats the max level. Theres no motivation to level up. Theres no wondering arround having fun, its all about how much gold u can farm per hour. Max 4 players in a game and the monsters scaling makes inferno easyer if you play solo. The maps are smaller than in d2. Theres no ladder. What happens is that the only way to progress inferno is buying items with gold from the auction house. You get gold by farming. Farming gold is boring. Browsing the auction house for an upgrade in your gear is boring. The auction house "search" for items is horrible and tedious. Diablo 3 is repetitive, boring, unfixable, short and not worth 10 dollars. Thank you jay wilson Expand
  71. Aug 2, 2012
    I gave this game a 3 for the effort. It's not unplayable. I've played a lot of it and there are moments where it's fun, and those are the moments where you get Diablo 2 nostalgia. But unfortunately they get further and further apart the longer you play. The drop rate is just bad. You can play hundreds of hours on a character and not be able to get a single usable good drop. Your onlyI gave this game a 3 for the effort. It's not unplayable. I've played a lot of it and there are moments where it's fun, and those are the moments where you get Diablo 2 nostalgia. But unfortunately they get further and further apart the longer you play. The drop rate is just bad. You can play hundreds of hours on a character and not be able to get a single usable good drop. Your only option is farm for gold and buy from the Auction House (or the Real Money Auction House).

Once you play your first time through, you will get the realisation that the game was designed with the Auction House in mind (which, by the way, has a rather limited search capability).

The gameplay itself is initially fine, in normal mode. You feel like a powerful hero stomping through enemies. As you progress to the difficulties, your hero becomes more and more of a wimp as you'll find it extremely difficult to kill things before they kill you. What happened? That just means you need to find time for several farming sessions to gather enough gold so you can buy your next item upgrade from the auction house.

Lastly, I'd like to comment on the story. Sure, some of the cutscenes are impressive and up to Blizzard's standards but then you realise you can't skip them by default. You have to manually skip each and every one of them. While I can forgive the simplistic plot (you don't expect a great story), I cannot forgive the horrible dialogue and script. The majority of the script is poorly written. The NPCs say the darndest things! They tell you what just happened (when you were the one who caused it to happen). They tell you what they did (when you arrived and already know). They tell you what they're going to do (when you will go there next and find out anyway). Some of the lines are very amateurish - I do not believe that the lines were written by a professional story writer. Also, the amount of sexual innuendo is irked me. I'm not a prude, but it feels juvenile to reuse it for so many NPCs in so many situations.

In conclusion, Diablo 3 is a decent game, if it were cheaper. The game lacks polish. Everything from minor display bugs to silly dialogue lines. And a final word to potential players: Beware the customer support and community support. They are definitely not a forthcoming and helpful bunch. Google around for Diablo 3 customer support horrors.
  72. Aug 2, 2012
    well ill tell you where blizzard can jam this game...
    for the last 4-5 afternoons i have farmed act 1 with 270MF for about 8 hours per day.
    in this time i have found 1 sellable pair of gloves. even with my magic find gear i still have 100k dps (ss DH) and chew thru it very quickly. so i have literally id'd hundreds of yellows. Amazing the level 52-53 items that drop also... Even
    well ill tell you where blizzard can jam this game...

Even threw in a few inferno whimsy runs with a friend. Thanks blizzard, i got the hamburger thing for my troubles. I have 100 hours on barb, 100 hours on DH and around 5200 elite pack kills, i dont plan to add one more hour to that until, well until ever because this game sucks. Sure i got my monies worth if you compare cost vs hours played but seriously what a joke of a release this game is. Farming inferno constantly for a ZOMGFTWBBQWTF set or ledgendary item to drop and relise it is utter **** along with all of their "rare" counterparts.

0 Friends online all afternoon, used to be 10+ per day. This is not just real life friends but also randoms met in public games that i have regularly played with. I look at last time logged on and most of them have not been on in days...

PvP will not rescue this game, of course we will return out of curiosity and then see what an even bigger joke that is compared to the rest of the game and quit again.

Anyone who wants to buy some amazing DH dps gear and barb tank gear drop me a line coz thats it for me.

Edit: and that 1 decent item i found.. price it however i like on the AH it never sells, just like everything else. anyone apart from bots use the AH?... o wait we all have to, thats how the game was designed.
  73. Aug 2, 2012
    I want to put 10 for the quality of the videos. It seems that only these guys have done a good job. Unfortunately I can not put even one point in the game because I was very disappointed. Game remade 11 years and every year it got worse until it turned into an arcade. Diablo series was not supposed to die as a Commercial Product.
  74. JPP
    Aug 2, 2012
    Diablo 3 = Pay to Win! Bli$ard you got it ... :(

Portugues:

A Blizard com sua ganancia conseguiu acabar com o melhor jogo ja produzido. Infelizmente é uma triste realidade. Diablo 3 virou um joguinho de Facebook. Quanto mais você gastar (além do que se paga pelo jogo) melhor você vai ficando.

D3 = PAY TO WIN!
  75. Aug 2, 2012
    Too many nerfs and the auction house killed the game. Blizzard could just sll you any items they want throught the real money auction house and control the economy of it. Thank you Activision!
  76. Aug 2, 2012
    Diablo III wasn't like the previous sequel which made me disappointed - a lot. D3 is much more simpler than D2 which made the game less enjoyable, I bet a huge part of D3 players agreed with me. I smelled a rat that the in-game fun factor was a little interfered with some blizzard's monkey businesses. But I'm sure enough if the game were sold at USD 10 instead of 60 , it would be more worth it.
  77. Aug 3, 2012
    The perfect example of how games are going. Less content, no thought process needed from players (removed skill point allocation) and more ways for the company to rake in more cash without having to actually do anything (real money auction house). You are forced to play online and have no way at all to have a bit of privacy from your friends as it will show everyone that has you on theirThe perfect example of how games are going. Less content, no thought process needed from players (removed skill point allocation) and more ways for the company to rake in more cash without having to actually do anything (real money auction house). You are forced to play online and have no way at all to have a bit of privacy from your friends as it will show everyone that has you on their list when you are online without offering you any way of discreetly playing without them knowing. How something as simple as an "appear offline" button was left out of a game that makes you log on every time you want to play is beyond my understanding and just causes me to believe even more that the developers truly didn't give a rats a@# about any of their players and just pushed this out for some quick, easy cash.

Honestly, they put in great effort in to their cut-scene animations but everything else just feels lazy.

Profit at the expense of everything and everyone else.
  78. Aug 3, 2012
    If you enjoy games with a terrible story and annoying dialog, Diablo 3 is what you want.
    Diablo 3 has the diablo title but not the diablo feeling. Diablo 3 should have been named Diablo 1.5, because Diablo 3 offers very little improvement over Diablo 2. Diablo 3 has little to no communication between players, no depth, no story and no pvp or feelings of danger and evil. When you've completed the first difficulty you will soon find yourself bored with having to listen to the terrible dialog again and again and the same boring quests with no reward. Did i mention that theres no pvp or competition of any sort? Something that a game like this desperately needs in order for people to have fun.

Diablo 3 looks and sounds allright and thats about it. I made a 60 Euro mistake.
  79. Aug 4, 2012
    Horrible game combine with horrible customer service. The only fun thing about D3 is the forum, but even the mods are banning people left and right just for complaining about the game.
  80. Aug 5, 2012
    Reading other reviews that call this game a "triumph" makes me wonder if the reviewer even played the game. At any rate, I played the original Diablo and also Diablo 2 and I can say for certain that this game has none of the dark atmosphere of the first, and none of the enjoyable gameplay of the second. It pretty much feels like WoW ported to the ARPG genre. Here are some highlights:Reading other reviews that call this game a "triumph" makes me wonder if the reviewer even played the game. At any rate, I played the original Diablo and also Diablo 2 and I can say for certain that this game has none of the dark atmosphere of the first, and none of the enjoyable gameplay of the second. It pretty much feels like WoW ported to the ARPG genre. Here are some highlights: 1)Always-On DRM was supposed to protect us from hacking and exploits, which did neither. 2)Auction House feels mandatory since it's next to impossible to gear up for inferno based on drops in game. 3)Drops in general are terrible. Most Legendary items are laughable. 4)Enrage timers and gear checks in an ARPG (these things really only belong in an MMO) 5)Limited character builds and uninspired skills. 6)Various fixes implemented to combat the people exploiting the game that ended up punishing the legit players. Very disappointing for such a highly anticipated game. Expand
  81. Aug 7, 2012
    Too linear, too repetitive, too limited, one of the worst leveling systems ever. Single player doesn't work offline.
    Problem with servers.
    Total disappointment.

Although it has gone over 10 years since Diablo 2 was released Diablo 3 is worse.
  82. Aug 8, 2012
    What a let down. Game had so much potential but once you hit inferno the blacksmith has it right when he says "too much work, not enough profit." Can put in weeks worth of gameplay and not get anywhere gear-wise which pretty much puts progression at an either stop or extremely difficult pace. Add the real money AH and this game turns into one of those iphone/android games where the game isWhat a let down. Game had so much potential but once you hit inferno the blacksmith has it right when he says "too much work, not enough profit." Can put in weeks worth of gameplay and not get anywhere gear-wise which pretty much puts progression at an either stop or extremely difficult pace. Add the real money AH and this game turns into one of those iphone/android games where the game is pretty much impossible without purchasing perks and addons from the developer's ingame store. I'm a retired WoW player who played from vanilla to farming LK in WoTLK and for the longest time loved Blizz. But, now that they ruined the Diablo franchise (my opinion), I don't think I can forgive them. Diablo II saved me while I was in Iraq during down time. I played it on a super old Micron laptop that could barely run it. Loved the crap out of that game. I seriously think this game would of been better off as an iPad game for $9.99. Then the expectations wouldn't of been as high after what, 8 years of planning and development? (could be off on that number) In D2 there was a variety of skill builds that were feasable end game. So far in D3 there's 1 for my inferno act2 barb that works decent and 1 for my inferno act2/3ish wizard. Both are slow kill tanks. Fun times. The one part that gets me the most though is that I found my self playing the damn AH waaaay longer than I was playing the actual game! I'd spend hours browsing page after page for affordable upgrades since you're only allowed to have 3 search attributes and limited sorting. Then if you have a bid on something with less than an hour you don't want to start a game since by the time you get your 5 stacks in Act III you don't want to quit and lose them. That's a broken system in my book. I bought the game for the killing, not to play wannabe Ebay master.

Totally unacceptable from a company as big as Blizz and shame on ActiBlizz. Haven't logged in to D3 in almost a month now and probably won't be going back unless there are HUGE changes including being able to progress in a feasable amount of time without the RMAH and making other skills and builds enjoyable and playable. I give it a 2 instead of a 1 for at the very least giving me the first 30-50 hours of enjoyable gameplay where gear that dropped actually helped me progress. Oh wait, I almost forgot. Nevermind on the 2. I'm giving a 1 instead for forcing me to log in to play a solo game. There is tons of cheating and exploits going on in your game as is so, much good that all worked out huh? Took a 8 hour road trip not that long ago, couldn't play cause mobile hot spot was way too laggy. Guess what I did for those 8 hours. Friggin AH ebay master. Horrible.
  83. Aug 8, 2012
    Diablo 3 does more things wrong then right, but you will not really notice them until you reach max level (which is reached very fast, relatively speaking.) For a brand new game coming out the issues that were present on release would not be such an issue if they were addressed, which they were not. Instead, Blizzard decide to patch up multiple play styles that players have in an attemptDiablo 3 does more things wrong then right, but you will not really notice them until you reach max level (which is reached very fast, relatively speaking.) For a brand new game coming out the issues that were present on release would not be such an issue if they were addressed, which they were not. Instead, Blizzard decide to patch up multiple play styles that players have in an attempt to get the player to focus on AH and RMAH. These types of actions by blizzard shows that they would rather make as much money as possible instead of fixing the integrity of the game, aka itemization and playing progression.

Blizzard made a lot of bad choices right after launch in favor to get players to use the AH/RMAH instead of playing the game. Players now have to grind for hours at a time to have any hope of finding gear, while being stuck using the same skills none stop. At the release of the game, this was not true. You could play the game for 30 minutes and feel rewarded. At soon as RMAH was released, the game was destroyed as well as any hope of focusing players on the game inself rather the the RMAH.

If you are looking to play a game for 100 hours for 60 bucks, then Diablo 3 is for you. If your looking for a game that will last a long time, look some where else. Diablo 3's dev team only focus is to take your money and spend it on RMAH.

One final note: This is why this game gets the lowest score possible in my mind. Blizzard will not restore any items lost for any reason at all. Even if you put money on RMAH and a bug occurs and it takes your money, and even if they realize this to be true, they will not restore ANYTHING. FOR ANY REASON.
    If Blizzard wants to do RMAH, they have to go head over heels for the player, not screw them over.
    This game is the biggest disappoint for me then Spore and Black and White 2 combined. Blizzard's team should be ashamed of themselves for ruining something that could of last the ages.
  84. Aug 12, 2012
    This game is boring, dumb, has zero innovation and it's a shameless attempt for Blizzard to earn some "tax" money from people who already payed them for their game. Worst $60 ever spent IMO.
  85. Aug 13, 2012
    It seems to me that Blizzard has so much money to pay critics. It's extremely evident and this is what is wrong with the world we live in. This game is the biggest garbage I've ever played. DRM nuff said...
  86. Aug 13, 2012
    A broken game built around a real-money auction house... a sad attempt to raise revenue through micro-transactions, destroying a great franchise in the process... pathetic.
  87. Aug 15, 2012
    One sentences should sum it up: This game is HUGE disappointment. You have to basically pay to win as NOTHING decent drops in hundred of hours of "farming", or its better to call it "grinding". No upgrades to your gear, no legendaries, no rares, NOTHING. The loot system is broken or extremely mean to players.

MF doesn't work the way it should work. Gives you basically no item-finding

MF doesn't work the way it should work. Gives you basically no item-finding boost at all.
    (Been farming act 3 inferno with 300% MF with mediocre results).

To be able to clear latest act of hardest difficulty you have to buy gold or equipment for real money. The best gear in game is like 250 euro or more.

My advice: Don't buy this game and spare your time and money...
  88. Aug 15, 2012
    Most games you play until you get bored. Diablo 3 I played until I hated it and then some. I played 120 hours, which seems great for $60...but the game is terribly disappointing. I only kept playing because of how much I enjoyed Diablo 2. My single biggest complaint is that every level 60 character is exactly the same. There is absolutely no customization. All that distinguishes theMost games you play until you get bored. Diablo 3 I played until I hated it and then some. I played 120 hours, which seems great for $60...but the game is terribly disappointing. I only kept playing because of how much I enjoyed Diablo 2. My single biggest complaint is that every level 60 character is exactly the same. There is absolutely no customization. All that distinguishes the best barbarian from the worst barbarian is gear, which you can buy on the AH for real dollars of which Blizzard takes a portion. The quests are boring, the dialogue is atrocious, the plot is inane, and the always online requirement is aggravating. And worst of all the items suck. I found 2 legendaries (uniques) over 100 hours. Why is that? Diablo 3 is shallow, boring, and does disgrace to the Blizzard name. Expand
  89. Aug 16, 2012
    The main reason why I hate this game is because it is not the social game I thought it would be. In D2, me and my friends played for years and had fun with the game. In D3, I played with the same exact group of friends, but we have all quit within a couple of months. Every aspect of the game encourages the players to play BY THEMSELVES, and not with their friends. The auction houseThe main reason why I hate this game is because it is not the social game I thought it would be. In D2, me and my friends played for years and had fun with the game. In D3, I played with the same exact group of friends, but we have all quit within a couple of months. Every aspect of the game encourages the players to play BY THEMSELVES, and not with their friends. The auction house encourages people to sell their items instead of sharing with their friends, the four player max splits up groups of friends (unlike the 8 player max in previous games), there is no pvp (yet)...in general the game just simply is not fun. For the player who likes to play by himself, this could be a great game. For the person who wants to play a game with his friends...this is not. Expand
  90. Aug 17, 2012
    I found Diablo 3 painfully boring, repetitive, dated, uninspired and predictable. The boredom factor kicks in right at the beginning of the first act and unfortunately does not subside throughout the entire game. I found my brain completely switching off as I roamed aimlessly through boring dungeons, not caring about my quest or the overall plot. I was merely looking for something toI found Diablo 3 painfully boring, repetitive, dated, uninspired and predictable. The boredom factor kicks in right at the beginning of the first act and unfortunately does not subside throughout the entire game. I found my brain completely switching off as I roamed aimlessly through boring dungeons, not caring about my quest or the overall plot. I was merely looking for something to excite me, but the excitement never came. The game is incredibly repetitive, however, Diablo 2 was also repetitive, yet killing countless beasts in the Arcane Sanctuary was somehow so much more fun than killing anyone in the badly designed sets of Diablo 3. The game looks like it should have been released in 2004, and lets face it, the game was finished and ready to go in 2004, however for obvious marketing reasons, Blizzard held it off until they milked WoW. There's a term for this and it's called product cannibalism. Blizzard were cautious about Diablo 3 as it no doubt would have caused the WoW players to shift games. DIablo 3 looks dated, because it is. This whole Blizzard 'It will be done when it's done' crap is merely hype building. Diablo 3 is uninspired. There is no creative flair throughout the whole game. Anyone could have written the plot, devised the monsters and vomited out that dialogue. It is total tripe. Blizzard has destroyed their own franchise. Do not purchase this game. You have been warned. Expand
  91. Aug 17, 2012
    I will not complain about the connectivity issues and Blizzard's recent trend of fetishism for DRM. Multiplayer SC2 has some of the same faults, and it is a great game. The problems with D3 are numerous and too large to overlook. The most glaring deficiency is the story. Foreshadowing should be subtle. Every villain in D3 tells you exactly what they are going to do and when. The sideI will not complain about the connectivity issues and Blizzard's recent trend of fetishism for DRM. Multiplayer SC2 has some of the same faults, and it is a great game. The problems with D3 are numerous and too large to overlook. The most glaring deficiency is the story. Foreshadowing should be subtle. Every villain in D3 tells you exactly what they are going to do and when. The side dialogue all but explicitly says what is coming up next. The new characters that enter the realm are poorly developed. I do not care at all about them or know their motivations. It is the difference between The Godfather and Avatar. The Godfather has a great story. The characters are developed. There is emotion. The scenes are visually pleasing, but the director does not bash you with action at all times. Avatar sacrifices story on the altar of cool visual effects. It is so predictable and its characters are so vapid that you want to keep watching because you paid the $12 for the ticket, and damn it, you are going to get your full 3 hours because you paid for it.

The game is incredibly item dependent. I suppose that this is by design. Feel like you are getting killed too often? Head over to the auction house and buy some of our items. That is fine. It does not kill the game by itself. WoW did the same thing and it did not break the game. What really peeves me is bringing cash into it. Want to really smash the bad guys? Grab your mother's credit card and use some real life currency. Blizzard gets a cut of the action, of course. On that same point, there are very few times during a playthrough that you feel like you are in the right location for your level. I am usually smashing the baddies or getting manhandled like a boxing match between Mr. T and Michael Cera. The happy medium is difficult to find and fleeting.

Blizzard has been a reliable company over their whole history. I have never been disappointed in any of their previous titles. Players of any skill level could have a blast playing over and over again. They were visually pleasing. At the same time, the gameplay was smooth, and the story was engaging. Yes, D3 is visually pleasing considering that they needed to make a game that would run on a wide range of hardware. Yet, it lacks the essential elements of a good game. It has been dumbed down and destroyed in the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Blizzard used to be a team of artists that were the greatest at their craft. They have lost that slowly since WoW. No amount of bug fixes and balancing can fix that.

As a longtime fan of Blizzard games, I am incredibly disappointed in D3. I wasted $60 and 60 hours of my life. In the future, I will no longer blindly trust in Blizzard's ability to produce a good game. Their reputation has been tarnished so severely for me. It is time to put that silly dream out of its misery like a black powder rifle to old yeller's head.
  92. Aug 18, 2012
    The game as of august 2012 is a disappointment. You start out feeling powerful, gradually facing enemies stronger and stronger, making you feel weak and puny in the end. The opposite of how a game in this genre should feel. Items are lackluster and boring. Character customization is non existent. Re-playability is present, but not enjoyable.
  93. Aug 18, 2012
    OK... where do i start?

I have been a fan of diablo since the very 1st original game which was in my mind one of the greatest games of all time. Where the hell did it all go wrong? This is a far cry from Diablo. The only correlation between this and Diablo is the title and the fact that you have to kill "Something" called Diablo at the end of the game. This is the biggest let
    OK... where do i start?

Where the hell did it all go wrong?

This is the biggest let down of the year for me. This game should easily have been game of the year.

The graphics are good yeah but the plot is basically laughable. The difficulty settings of Inferno basically make it impossible to farm anything unless you are in a group. There are too many stat's too have to worry about when it comes to gearing up, i mean good luck finding gear for a monk that has 1 misc res, 1 All resistance, Dex, Vit, AS, CHC, CHD, socketted, GF/MF etc... The servers are a joke, if you can beat the log in screen you find that the AH crashes on an almost weekly basis, and that you pull your hair out the roots because you get server lag that gets you killed during boss confrontations after which you get a 5K repair bill for something that wasn't your fault.

The builds are ok while you are still learning what to do but once the novelty wears off, you quickly realize that there are only 5 or 6 skills per class worth bothering with anyway. Now that people are leaving the game in massive quantities, it has become harder and harder to gear up. Every item is randomly generated so you could end up with chest gear for a barbarian with INT and DEX on it rather than STR/Vit. Because people are leaving gear on the ah is going up astronomically because there are not as many farmers now as there used to be which has a knock on effect on everything from leveling to AH prices.

There is no suitable upper limit cap on the ah and because of that gear worth 10K is allowed to be sold for 30 Billion... Because of this, arguments in chat are common because people who find an equivocal item automatically think that their item is worth at least 40 Million or some crap like that and some arguments between players almost verge on bullying and harassment.

Blizzard now let people sell gold on the ah at a base value of 0.25p per 100K which is great until you realize that gold sellers are selling gold for 6 euro for 50 Million. Way to go blizzard, what sort of school of economics did you go to when you decided to make it profitable to buy gold from gold sellers rather than price them out? I mean Christ, buy 50 Mill gold off them for 6 euro and sell it on the rmah for ££££'s, yay great plan!.

I guess the last problem is Jay Wilson... turd... Thanks for ruining what should have been an instant classic.

And blizzard really think PVP will save this game? Considering the dps difference with some classes, the resistance of others, no pvp build and no pvp gear... PVP i think will be a total fail.

I honestly don't know where to stop, i feel so dissapointed with this EPIC FAILURE that i feel like i want my money back. The only reason i have not tried to get my money back is because i made the money back off the RMAH.

Honestly.... Wait for torchlight 2, dont buy this utter ****
  94. Sep 20, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game, great in every aspects which can keep you not to be addictive. I got tons of legendarys, only 2 after patch 1.04. 1 out of hundred rares is useful. It is a challenging game that tesing your EQ. With billions of skill combination, you rather stick with one build, and with NV buff, you won't change your skill(lose buff). Conclusion: Piece of crap
  95. bdc
    Aug 20, 2012
    Diablo 3 is not a true successor to Diablo 2, unfortunately we will never get the true successor. This game was engineered by a group of people who no longer try and make fun games, it is an utter disaster and I wish that I had never bought it (launch day), not for the loss of money, but because I unfortunately helped contribute to the game being a commercial success even though it is anDiablo 3 is not a true successor to Diablo 2, unfortunately we will never get the true successor. This game was engineered by a group of people who no longer try and make fun games, it is an utter disaster and I wish that I had never bought it (launch day), not for the loss of money, but because I unfortunately helped contribute to the game being a commercial success even though it is an utter failure in every other way.

The critics that gave this game a good review, either weren't fans of Diablo of Diablo 2, or much more likely they are industry hacks, if ever there was a sign that you simply cannot trust professional reviewers it is with the difference in scores by users vs critics for this game. What a travesty.

I gave this a 1 out of 10, simply because on it's own, this game would have been mediocre, but as a sequel it is an utter betrayal of the design of the series and of the fans who wasted their money on it.

This is the equivalent of a Disney sequel and no, I'm not talking about Toy Story sequels, more like Aladdin: Return of Jafar or Lion King: Simba's Pride, totally undeserving of the name and something that was made merely to cash in on other peoples hard work by appropriating the name.
  96. Aug 21, 2012
    I was a big fan of the Diablo series until this box of promises got dumped into my letter box.

This game is nothing like Diablo 1, or 2 in either feeling of game-play or intelligence needed to play the game. The skill tree is idiot proof and there is no way to make mistakes. The only thing separating characters in this game is the gear and the organization of skills. I played this game for about a month and then promptly just left the game with no feeling of satisfaction what so ever.

All characters have their own set of weapons, but no one uses them because other weapons are better, Wizzards with spears and barbarians with daggers, what was Blizzard thinking?

If i could have gone back in time, i would have never touched this game.
  97. Aug 22, 2012
    One of the worst games I have ever played. Jay Wilson killed the Diablo franchise forever and insulted the original talented creators in every possible way. The game itself would be just ok as a game if it hadn't the name Diablo on it. And that's the problem. As a Diablo game it is unrecognizable, you don't feel like playing a Diablo game anymore. Puke. The new Blizzard sucks.
  98. Aug 23, 2012
    - Always online is a scam. Especially when you pay full price - saving them distribution costs.
    - Real Money Auction house destroyed a core aspect of this genre - that being item find and looting. Legendary item's are anything but. Boss drops nerfed so bad its not worth working toward them. Prices on the AH are ridiculous; in the 100's of million of gold range and inflating constantly.
    - Despite having 5 classes; there is only really two: Sword and board "resist all" stacker; or copious dps get hit once and die nuker. No skill or stat points, and a myriad of skills that become redundant in the endgame.
    - The story is garbage; as if written by committee. The persona's of Tyrael and Diablo forever sullied; the famous Deckard slain by a nobody; pitiful, cringe-worthy ending.
    - Completely disintegrate any respect I had for Blizzard. Where once we could trust them to come out with polished, well thought out, engaging and deep games; too franchise exploiting money grabbers.

I want a refund. But knowing that's not on the cards - I just won't give Blizzard my money again.
  99. Aug 24, 2012
    Once you have reached Inferno, the level at which you are promised the game will actually start, you will realize it has been a scam all along. No item drops makes the game worth your time. Take my word for it.

The game took 11 years to make, the same amount of time was needed to ruin a perfectly viable franchise. Impressive in a sense, but not to the actual customer. Blizzard are getting greedy and stuffy, thank god indie studios are on the rise to replace these worthless behemoths. Don't buy it, it is all hype, no fun.

1. Aug 31, 2012