3.9

1. May 18, 2012
    Its a bad dungeon crawler with the Diablo name on it. The game is actually less than its predecessors. I'd rather play Dungeon Hunter Alliance and that's sad.
  2. May 18, 2012
    D3 has reduced the series to something else, its not the game it should be. Its overly simplified to the point where you could most likely teach a chimpanzee to play it. On the opening day, its riddled with errors, which normally would be expected but not from blizzard who run the biggest MMOs in the world. SC2 and WoW. This is a game which was developed for 10 years, I feel I could haveD3 has reduced the series to something else, its not the game it should be. Its overly simplified to the point where you could most likely teach a chimpanzee to play it. On the opening day, its riddled with errors, which normally would be expected but not from blizzard who run the biggest MMOs in the world. SC2 and WoW. This is a game which was developed for 10 years, I feel I could have gotten a degree in software writing, rendering, modelling and texturing and made a better game in the same timeframe. The lack of single player feels stingy and irritating, as the previous 2 games were primarily based on single player. The cash shop allows players to pay to win, the annoying thing is of course that you cannot choose to not play with these people as there is no singleplayer, playing the game requires you remain online. Similarly, the feel of the game, that is, the music, the texturing etc isn't in a unique style. Personally it feels cartoonish and unrealistic, so much so that the 128 colour graphics of d2 are more realistic. The music feels like they were trying to improve on a masterpiece by rewriting Tristram's theme. If you have played Diablo 1 or 2. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. If you haven't and this is your first game ever, there's a good chance you may enjoy it. Expand
  3. May 18, 2012
    It's drastically simplified from Diablo 2. Many complicated but interesting features from 2 have been taken out. So I guess beginners can have more fun while hardcore players would have less. It's still quite fun and addicting, though it didn't fully live up to my expectation.
  4. May 20, 2012
    Well... It had been a lng time since I pre-ordered a game before... now I remember why !
    The game itself is pretty average, good looking without being astonishing, gameplay is like previous Diablos, you know what to expect.
    But the glitches linked to in permanent Internet connection required are not acceptable (and I haven't even tried to play for the first 4 days) : - 6 hours to change the language of my game (french dub is just bad) - a pre-configuration on US servers while I'm in Europe (oh you can't add me as a contact... crap I'm on US, I'll change my server... oh I need to restart my character, yay !)
    - Can't load my game (6 days after the release)
    - Laaaaaggggg ! Even in solo game ! I often experience freezes, with my character restarting a few steps behind, and in coop it's even worse !
  5. May 20, 2012
    Terrible servers. Completely obscure patching - in a day where company transparency is key, Blizzard is hellbent on letting players in the dark (no official patch until now either). Graphics look ok (even though they're outdated the art direction is good) but the engine is beyond bad. Better looking games run smoother and with less memory leaking.

The game itself is a mess. Writing is

The game itself is a mess. Writing is beyond terrible, plot is predictable, no immersion, itemization is poor and created to force you to use the auction house. Game is incredibly easy and scripted bosses have absolutely no change in their AI or move sets in the higher difficulties. Game is also very short. Did I mention the always online-DRM?

There's pretty much no redeeming quality to this game.
  6. May 20, 2012
    Fellow Diabloers, my warm heart goes out to you. For we cannot be one when this game is such a poor connection. Could blizzard please show mercey? Us gamers cannot be in the diablo realm when the story is so poor, and the graphics are so bad!!! Oh, Blizzard! Have merceeeeeeeey!!!!!!
  7. May 21, 2012
    Scoring this game has two components: this game itself and its online part. First: the game is not bad at all, a quality dungeon crawler. If you like that sort of game you wouldn't be disappointed.

But what makes this game barely bearable is its online cluster **** First days error 37 is known even by many who don't play that game. Even more annoying than that are the lag spikes if you managed to get online. And now even my account is being compromised, gone is all equip and gold farmed in the last 40 hours of playtime.

So, what remains is simply a unplayable experience. I don't bother with CS to restore my account and just let it be. After all it's not that ground breaking that it's worth it ...
  8. May 22, 2012
    What a disappointment! Blizzard showed they do not give two $hit$ about their fans or what we want. After all this time they could have easily given us a masterpiece but they opted for the easy money. Blizzard will forever be synonymous with greed after this eff up. Shame on you.
  9. May 23, 2012
    One word: DATED.

I can't believe all the positive reviews from "estbalishment" sites. This game is dated in plot, execution, and all sorts of peripherals. Can't change camera angle, graphics are dated and yet hog resources, there is 0 replayability unless you want to redo the one main storyline multiple times... This was a good game 15 years ago, and unfortunately nothing has changed.
    One word: DATED.

I was shocked by how dated this game is, and I don't even have to mention the online issues.
  10. Jun 1, 2012
    I honestly don't know where to begin. The game fails on every level that the previous Diablo's built that their successes upon. The loot system is terrible and the drops are designed in such a way that you cannot progress without buying things from the Auction House. Melee like in almost every single game is terrible.

Loot Progression is horrible. Most Skills and Runes are unused.

Loot Progression is horrible.
    Most Skills and Runes are unused.
    Melee vs Ranged is unfair.
    Skill points blow.
  11. Jun 1, 2012
    At the surface, Diablo 3 is much better than most give it credit for. It has beautiful action, randomization enough to feel fresh, and a streamlined system. Even the lack of skillpoints will quickly be revealed to work wonderfully.

As you put some time into Diablo 3, you will start to see a bigger problem: a lack of variation. Not in the vistas, or models of your characters, or even abilities. The lack of variation instead stems from the core of the game: dungeons and items. Dungeons quickly become predictable despite randomization, and items all feel the same. Sure there are different stats, but all you really care about is DPS, followed by the single predefined stat for your character, and then perhaps some health or defense.
    The problem lies in the lack of impact items have on your character. Your wizard doesn't care if he uses a staff, sword, or crossbow: only what DPS the weapon gives. There are less secondary effects than in previous games, and they mean less. In the end, the item hunt is the same no matter what class or build you are playing, and all gameplay feels the same.

The above points only makes the game mediocre at worst. The real reason for the low score is the shoddy online mechanics. Weeks after the game launched, players still run into overloaded servers, lag, and extended downtime, with no real end in sight. A game is only a game if it can be played, and on this count, Diablo 3 stands on shaky ground.
  12. Jun 7, 2012
    1 word: Boring.
    I played for about an hour and a half when I first got the game. I was only touched by 1 monster.
    How is that fun? In theory, if I play for 10 or 20 or however many dozens of hours... I can turn up the difficulty. great... fantastic even. Wake me when I get there.
  13. Jun 16, 2012
    After a few weeks of play now, the end feeling is disapointment. The game is a total relentless grind with little OMG moments to make the journey really worth it. They should have tweaked the difficulty levels more so that as you progress into harder modes, you got something for your efforts - extra content? something that is more than just a mirror run with harder mobs. The way the elitesAfter a few weeks of play now, the end feeling is disapointment. The game is a total relentless grind with little OMG moments to make the journey really worth it. They should have tweaked the difficulty levels more so that as you progress into harder modes, you got something for your efforts - extra content? something that is more than just a mirror run with harder mobs. The way the elites get extra nastier abilities is kinda cool - but in the end to defeat those just becomes a 'die a few times -> learn the tactic -> repeat X times till dead' process.
    I've mainly been playing the Monk class, and at each level up - i check the new skills available - total disapointment there. I've not changed my toons spec for a long time. For all the effort of grinding levels, i'm still using skills gained from my first run through (below lvl 30). There seems little reward for gaining levels (hopefully different for other classes).
    I did like the story, the first time around, but that hardly matters after your first play through - there is no connection to the story after you've seen it once, it just comes down to progressing your toon.
    Loot - the stat assignment is just so random that again most loot pickups are annoying. Any non-magical loot is just wasted bag space and not worth carrying and again is annoying to continually keep dumping it from you bag. The loot part of the game really feels under done. DRM - sigh.... if this is a sign of things to come for PC games then that really makes me sad. I really do enjoy the social side of the game when online but there MUST be an OFFLINE mode available with any game (of this sort).
  14. Jun 18, 2012
    sweet jesus this game is bad, 12 years huh. what did they dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm soooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaste gaaaaaaaaaaah goood thing you could get a reeeeeeeeeeeeefunddddddddddddddddddddddddddd rip blizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardddddddddddddddd 1998
  15. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is a piece of crap. It forces you to be online even when playing SINGLE player. It lags like hell and disconnects you several times an hour.
  16. Jun 24, 2012
    This is not Diablo! Theres no old atmosphere, unique atmosphere of Diablo world. Music is not even close to the previous games. Graphic is like in LoL. Poor RPG elements.

Big disappointment!
  17. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now thatI am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now that I have been camping inferno. There is nothing I enjoy in blizzards games anymore. I was disappointed in WoW Burning Crusade, Lich King, and now Cata. SC2 delivered with a fair game, fun pvp. D3 is now the nail in the coffin. I no longer will await anything from Blizzard. The games are just not fun anymore, they have been coporatized into a product for me to purchase instead of the drug i needed. Good luck in your future blizzard, and seriously consider taking a look at what D&D wizard is doing for the NEXT version. Notice how they are starting in a good direction. Take note, Expand
  18. Jul 11, 2012
    I feel the same as all the other negative reviwers. so not gonna repeat it. Dont like it, not Diablo worthy.
    Played it through ones and that was more than enough. Only finnished it becaouse it felt wrong not to
  19. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is reasonably entertaining for the first 20 hours or so (time for a run through normal->hell)

but after that it has quite literally 0 end game except for farming gold and buying from ah. In addition the combat is frustrating and progression is even more frustrating. Yes this is an ARPG that uses the term progression to describe you going through content. This game is essentially a single player top down version of WoW, Sounds like your kind of thing? Good, but not what the majority wanted from the successor to the greatest ARPG of all time.

Gets a 0 for taking money under false pretense of this being a sequel to diablo.
  20. Jul 29, 2012
    It's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributesIt's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributes you have to exit the game and restart the quest and pray the next lot won't be as ridiculous. Seriously! That's not good game design. Also, some of the poor dialog left me feeling a little let down. The constant over-the-top monologuing by the villains leaves you thinking you are watching a bad anime cartoon and in Act IV Diablo gets a weird metro-sexual accent that leaves him sounding more like a dandy-boy than a bad guy. If he had told me my armor was "fabulous" I would not have been surprised. Very un-Lord-of-Terror like. Maybe Princess of Terror would be more fitting. I know there is an explanation in the story for it but it still sounds quite bad.

My biggest disappointment with the game is not really with Diablo 3 itself but in the way Blizzard treats it's customers and their insane security policies. Diablo 3's game description boasts a RMAH (Real Money Auction House) but neglects to inform potential buyers that you MUST have a cell phone with a contract in order to use it unless you just want useless "Blizzard Bucks". You can't even use the "Blizzard Bucks" to pay for Blizzard services like a WoW subscription. That's not real money. That's utterly useless. Pre-paid phones won't work and Blizzard doesn't even maintain the databases that tell them if you have one or not. My phone is on a contract but the number was once on a pre-paid plan years ago (with a completely different carrier no less) and neither carrier claims they can change the database to reflect the contract status. Blizzard hits that database when I try to tie my phone to SMS Protect and blindly assumes I'm lying and simply tells me I'm out of luck unless I buy a new contract with AT&T. Even then it might not work if I get another number with the same problem (extremely common judging by the posts on hundreds of message boards including their own). Their customer service is useless and all but told me outright I was a loser and needed to get a real phone with a contract (IT IS YOU IDIOTS!). Blizzard relying on third party databases that they don't even control for my account security does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling at all. In fact that's about as stupid as you can get and still convert oxygen to carbon dioxide. The ONLY data they need to reference in regards to my account security should be the data I give them when I set up my account and my authenticator. Period.

Overall I am very disappointed with Diablo 3 and Blizzard in general. They used to be a great company with great games but now they have devolved into something seemingly designed to develop trash and alienate their customers.
  21. Aug 18, 2012
    Why give this game a 0? Because it is sooo bad that Blizz has ruined PC Gaming for me. I played 150+ hours and NEVER once did I have anywhere near as much fun as the previous Diablos.. It is uninstalled now. Sadly Blizzards now possesses a deep seated contempt for us gamers.. Every patch that has been release has further enhanced the sucky elements of the game and made it less fun. IWhy give this game a 0? Because it is sooo bad that Blizz has ruined PC Gaming for me. I played 150+ hours and NEVER once did I have anywhere near as much fun as the previous Diablos.. It is uninstalled now. Sadly Blizzards now possesses a deep seated contempt for us gamers.. Every patch that has been release has further enhanced the sucky elements of the game and made it less fun. I started having more fun reading the forums and hearing other gamers complain rather than playing the game.. I CALL THIS A ZERO QUALITY GAME! If you had given the Titan's quest crew Diablo 3's budget we would be looking at a perfect 10 game. It is just criminal making a game this bad with this kind of budget. Now Blizzard is threatening people in the forums to stop complaining about the game or face account penalties. This game just feels like a conspiracy against gamers. Take something fun, and militarize into a money making job. So not fun, and terribly designed. Expand
  22. Aug 22, 2012
    A piece of s*** . No really. If you played in 1996 - this is the same game only worse.
    Graphics are bad, gameplay is bad, support is bad. Its terrible. DO NOT WAS YOUR MONEY ON THIS
  23. Sep 6, 2012
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great. - Couple of new features which never did exists on other convention RPG/HnS series before. - Well tested game as it contains almost no bug (at least non which renders the game unplayable) The Bad - Boring leveling system where character skill customization and stats is pretty much next to nil.
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great.

The Bad
    - Unbalanced game play and character progression where is it quite impossible to play the game till Inferno mode without using the auction house (well maybe if you play in groups).
    - Has an in-game economy system which should not exist on Single Play RPG games (I will emphasize on this very often because Blizzard did not market the game as MMORPG as it should be).
    - Item drop rates are very low which leads to dull constant farming run.
    - Once you reach max level on your character you lose purpose to play on (even with the new paragon system). - Low level legendary items have almost no impact to the game because it's somewhat impossible to find, thus you can only acquire them mostly on AH again. This makes the items meaningless unlike DII where you will constantly change gears which you find on your own.
    - Quests are very linear, guided and not very rewarding. One simple accomplish them to progress the game unlike DII where you get unique services (item imbue) or items (stat books)
    - Part of the game story and monsters are very much retold/reuse from previous games in the series which is extremely dull because players would want something new and surprising. Even map themes are a copy from DI and DII.
    - Requires constant internet connection to play (sometimes lag spikes appears and kills you)
    - Blizzard controls and locks players freedom to play. Gives players pressure to farm for items and gold for progression itself alone which is annoying and no fun for a game! All these should be optional on how a players wants to play. This is a problem with Blizzard these days. They simply dishes out how things should be and expect everyone to follow blindly. - Open maps are very static and even though dungeons are random generated each time it's relatively very similar.

Tonnes of other stuff which I find difficult to put into words but this game just doesn't have what it takes to attract me to play at all. Even the achievements are ridiculous. It just feels dull and have no purpose unlike it's predecessor.

To sum everything up (for those who are lazy to read), this game is definitely not worth the price/time and it is simply living on the legacy of its predecessor. I can't say the game is repetitive because I once did a 4 hours run on Mephisto in DII. No idea why I did that (for items or for the sake of leveling) either way, this game just don't seem to have the same attraction.
  24. Sep 22, 2012
    The game is a failure of epic proportions. Never before had game industry seen such a huge discrepancy between expectations and final result. The expectations were high because the game was in development like 6 years with huge budget and Blizzard seemed to be a trustworthy company.

But in the end what we've got is a primitive skill and item system and abysmally small amount of content. You run 3 times through the same short acts, it gets boring after seeing them once, and then comes the whooping inferno mode where you see all the same stuff for the 4th time, only this time you have to run more around the elite enemies and the only point of your repetitive actions is the hope of getting a better equipment so you can kill things faster and die less often. This chance is not just small, it is negligible, only people with no life can get something good from killing mobs 15 hrs a day, others have to use the auction. The bad item drop is probably the main problem for most people judging by the battlenet forums, but those people aren't actually seeing the whole picture - even if we were given D3 without the auction house, the game still won't lose its crappy mechanics where the powerful builds become obvious pretty fast and you are doomed to use the same 6 skills without even changing them slightly on occasion (against different type of mobs, for example). If you do, you lose a very important magic finding buff. What's even more important is that weapon and equipment system is intentionally designed to be boring, so that only a few of possible affixes are useful. This leads to a situation where they are hard to get (Blizzard wants people to become frustrated and use RMAH), but also there is no such thing as different possible types of the same gear, there is only ONE possible good option and others are inherently bad, you can't choose a different direction in accumulating bonuses on equipment.

Fortunately, we have Torchlight 2 now, so we all can forget about this miserable failure and never play it again. Jay Wilson is not the guy who can make great games, he is just a stupid and arrogant fat guy. I hope karma punishes him hard for ruining the great franchise and crushing our dreams and hopes.
  25. Sep 25, 2012
    I purchased the CE. Honestly felt like somebody ran up to me and stole my wallet with $130 AU in it. My review does not take in to account any of the login issues and is based of the gameplay experience.

The first day or so of this game was fun as it took me back to the old days of playing Diablo 1 and 2. A lot of friends and colleagues were playing the game. After a week most of them had dropped off without even hitting max level. I continued playing with the 1 or 2 friends left in the game and hit inferno. After that the fun experience came to an end. I failed to see any motivation to grind on act 1 and then eventually act 2 over and over just to get to act 3 and maybe act 4 to well... just keep on grinding. If people want to grind a game to may a few $$$ that's up to them. Personally I go to work for $$$ and play games for fun. Just another great example of what Bli$$ard has now become. Sure they might be rolling in cash at the moment from all the suckers out there but are people dumb enough to keep paying for this rubbish... some may be but I hope the intelligent people out there will teach them not to bite the hand that feeds them over and over or they will eventually go without food.
  26. Sep 27, 2012
    My god... did I really wait this long to write my review? I guess it bummed me out that much. Anyway, fond memories brought me to Diablo at which point I woke up and wondered what the heck I was doing. I wasn't having fun. I should have understood that when I didn't have the urge to log in (urgh permaonline), I guess I was a bit of a welltrained humanbot. Congrats to Blizzard on thatMy god... did I really wait this long to write my review? I guess it bummed me out that much. Anyway, fond memories brought me to Diablo at which point I woke up and wondered what the heck I was doing. I wasn't having fun. I should have understood that when I didn't have the urge to log in (urgh permaonline), I guess I was a bit of a welltrained humanbot. Congrats to Blizzard on that account. They actually made me play something I didn't enjoy. Expand
  27. Sep 28, 2012
    After putting in several hundred hours in this game i feel absolutely disgusted with myself for wasting so much of my time and money on game made by developers who don't care about anything but $$. If you enjoy games with inflated economies filled with botters, hackers, and day traders (like runescape), this may be the game for you. Unfortunately most of the time you will find your selfAfter putting in several hundred hours in this game i feel absolutely disgusted with myself for wasting so much of my time and money on game made by developers who don't care about anything but $$. If you enjoy games with inflated economies filled with botters, hackers, and day traders (like runescape), this may be the game for you. Unfortunately most of the time you will find your self with a lacking feeling of reward or fun.

Also for an ARPG the randomization in this game is absolutely horrible. Very little replay value, and an incredibly unintelligent and boring story line.

Your time is better spent just playing its predecessors.
  28. Oct 1, 2012
    As an old Diablo 1 and 2 player, i can't believe this game was made. From an interesting story with amazing fights it ends to be a game designed to be an endless item farming game. With the ambitious plan by blizzard to implement the RMAH (Real money auction house), the game became an item hunt game. The acts are boring, the only one you may enjoy is Act3 but with a lot of lackingAs an old Diablo 1 and 2 player, i can't believe this game was made. From an interesting story with amazing fights it ends to be a game designed to be an endless item farming game. With the ambitious plan by blizzard to implement the RMAH (Real money auction house), the game became an item hunt game. The acts are boring, the only one you may enjoy is Act3 but with a lot of lacking gameplay. Too many old mobs & bosses appearances making it really lacking on creativity. It's a clear disaster from blizzard, trying to revive an old game that wasn't needed to bring back. Expand
  29. Nov 4, 2012
    How can you take the Diablo franchise and turn it into this? I loved the original, like Diablo II even more, but this falls flat. (how many years did I wait for this?) Yes lots of clicking and killing things, but the story, or lack of it is a big issue. They took everything special out of the game and made it feel mechanical.. Not the Diablo I remember and love.
  30. Jun 7, 2013
    I'm really shocked that this is a release from Blizzard Entertainment. It feels more like some sort of free to play cash shop game, where they design it to be mind-numbingly boring and hope that you'll buy things from the cash shop to improve your experience.

Unlike the vast array of other ARPG's I've played, this game just absolutely refuses to let you find your own gear upgrades. The intent was obviously to try to herd players to the auction houses to buy items, but considering ARPG's are largely about finding items, this design really ruins the experience. In fact, there's nothing else really to this game other than an incredibly boring, frustrating and defective item system. There (was) no pvp, the social system is basically non-existent--so I guess we are supposed to buy items from the cash shop so we can just log in and stare at our awesome character.

Blizzard removed a lot of things from the previous Diablo games, saying that these elements essentially constituted bad game design, but then they replaced these elements with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So there's now no reason to kill bosses in Diablo 3, (farming bosses was bad design, apparently), there are no skill trees, (skill trees are bad design, apparently), there (was) no pvp, (no pvp is apparently better design than imperfect pvp), not to mention various other elements that were removed from the series.

There's not much of a game here after the first play through, I'd spend my money on another title.
  31. Dec 25, 2012
    When you look at a trilogy of games and think to yourself, "The first one was better than this." you have to stop and really start to think. I played Diablo 3 for about 250 hours with a single character and around 30 hours on every other character. The vast majority of that was begrudging game play. Mind you all but the last 48 hours of play was before the implementation of the RMAH ...When you look at a trilogy of games and think to yourself, "The first one was better than this." you have to stop and really start to think. I played Diablo 3 for about 250 hours with a single character and around 30 hours on every other character. The vast majority of that was begrudging game play. Mind you all but the last 48 hours of play was before the implementation of the RMAH ... and in the last 6 months - maybe 10 hours if i'm (extremely) generous with the estimation. I was willing to accept that this was a new era in RPGs and though some of the core elements were the same - this was going to be a glorified hack and slash when compared to it's predecessors. But wait, weren't D1 and D2 just hack and slash games by that standard? Well, yes and no - did you do a lot of hacking and slashing? yup! did you get penalized for changing up your strategy when you hit an overpowered group of mobs? nope! I mean, they talk about the skill systems versatility, but penalize you for changing skill sets per encounter ... which is very counter-intuitive for the type of game that it is. What about the areas? Well, they're really pretty - but rather than side quest tunnels and pits being a sizable sprawl of enemies they're way too succinct. Going through them seems like an interruption to the linear quest rail rather than an exploration mechanism. It might feel better if you went into a side area and actually found a unique or rare monster, and even better if you would get something good (or at least valuable in gold) - but there's obviously a major disparity between good items and useful items. The sound is great! The cinematics are beautiful! The story was filled with horrible cliched characters and poor story telling (including but not limited to plot holes, continuity problems, incorrect lore, and a heavy reliance on technology over substance). The game's engine is solid but the multiplayer is almost enough to make me want to quit playing any other game online! As a whole it is definitely not greater than the sum of it's parts ... very much the opposite unfortunately. Other games released this year have done much better in capturing the essence of Diablo's game play and story telling. Expand
  32. Jan 3, 2013
    I bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not thatI bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not that enjoyable and to be honest, they just missed the boat. The game is not worth your money, skip it. Expand
  33. Mar 12, 2013
    Repetitive, boring, no imagination, terrible dialog, horrible technical issues early on, pay to win ingrained in its DNA. This game was made for another time. AVOID AT ALL COST.
  34. Apr 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Biggest game disappointment in my life. The most fun I had playing this game was chatting with people while playing, the game is so bad it has more value of a chat room than a game. After 6 hours I wasn't having fun anymore, tried to give it a chance to 12 hours before giving out. The only thing I was impressed with was the seamless exit and retry from the auction house to the game. Too many negatives to list off, so I'll just hit the low points, the games graphics, style and control are archaic they belong in the past 10 years ago so lets start with that. The auction house ruins the joy of finding loot. O yes and the fact I per-ordered my $60 game and couldn't play for the first week. Ok I can't waste anymore of my life on Diablo 3 this review is over!!! Expand
  35. Jun 19, 2013
    Reasons to avoid like the plague: ERROR 37. Real Money Auction House. Itemization. Class Balance. Repetitive. Ugly. Candy colours designed for children. Incredibly clichéd and poor plot.

Just buy Torchlight 2, you're better off playing that game... on so many levels.
  36. Aug 18, 2013
    Totally disappointed: graphic style copied from wow, and totally opposed to the dark environment in Diablo 1&2 gameplay absolutely unbalanced: it is too easy,and that makes it utterly boring.
    No PVP,internet connection required to play offline; real money auction unbalances even more the games mechanics.
    The player stats are now fixed WHY ?!
    After 12 years... Such a failure.
  37. Feb 26, 2014
    Blizzard had time, money, people and experience – everything they needed to make another great Diablo game. So nothing can justify this fiasco. And things like online-only DRM and RMAH were just pure, plain and obvious trolling. They deliberately chose to spit on their fanbase repeatedly because they knew they would get away with it.

Some may think that patches made D3 better. Nothing

Some may think that patches made D3 better. Nothing could be further from truth. It’s still the same fetid puke puddle it was two years ago. D3 doesn’t even have PvP (and again for those who think it was added in 1.0.7 – Diablo 3 DOES NOT HAVE PvP).
  38. Mar 13, 2014
    Just awful, was kind off enjoyable for the first few hours it took to run through the game. Then you realize it's always going to be the same linear piece of **** and you get a sour taste of hate and regret in your mouth.

After about a month I had entirely forgotten about it, and so had most other people. It's not memorable at all, it's bad. It has little to no replayabilty and is dumbed down so much that it doesn't even make sense to continue after you've tried out all your abilities. Not to mention the stupid DRM and what ever stupid decisions Blizzard decided to implement, I don't remember exactly what they were but I remember them being the dumbest thing I had heard in a long time at the time.

Goes to show that you cannot trust professional game reviewers.

Avoid at all cost
  39. Apr 5, 2014
    This game became the victim of DRM and microtransaction greed. dont buy it.
    I loved diablo 2, and i naievely expected diablo 3 to be an improvement on the diablo 2 system. i was painfully disappointed. I got this game free and i still want a refund.
  40. Apr 8, 2014
    I came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There isI came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There is none. You feel like you're watching your character instead of playing. And the big kicker... ONLINE ONLY PLAYING! WHY???

Blizzard needs to learn a lesson about this game. You cannot make a fan of the series wait this long for a game and then shovel tons of brown gunk down their throats. I paid full price for this game, $69.99. It was way way way WAY over priced and was not worth my time in the long run.

Blizzard also needs to learn that capitalism does not work in the gaming industry. You only trap STUPID people when you jack up the price of crap. The smart people will eventually avoid you as a developer in the long run.

The next thing to break me away from Blizzard completely will be when they introduce micro-transacting. That will be the point at which Blizzard is no longer in it for making good games, they are in it totally for the money.

Shame that a developer has to go down this path...Shame...
  41. Oct 4, 2014
    Everything has been already said. Fortunately i have not bought this game, just played beta and in 1 free beta weekend and i knew this game is gonna be bad. Released 11 years after D2 LOD, and it's cut. It doesnt even contain half of old game features, and these are the most important things like skill tree, attributes points and so on. D3 is designed just to GRIND, just like WOW, you walkEverything has been already said. Fortunately i have not bought this game, just played beta and in 1 free beta weekend and i knew this game is gonna be bad. Released 11 years after D2 LOD, and it's cut. It doesnt even contain half of old game features, and these are the most important things like skill tree, attributes points and so on. D3 is designed just to GRIND, just like WOW, you walk milion times to kill the same bosses and get items, yeah i know D2 was about this too, but there you could build characters in milion diffrent ways, playing sorcerer with two-handed axe if you want. This was freedom, And what about D3? Click on monster, kill it, get items and thats basicly it, nothing more. It maybe fun to play with friends, beat all levels and stuff, but what then? Uninstall. I have not been that disappointed in a loong loong time. Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    +Decent graphics. -Always online DRM, -Lack of skill diversity, -Connection errors, -Play to win, -Short story. This game is a step back from Diablo 2, so I recommend avoiding it.
  43. May 15, 2012
    The game is great, but with the error37 and the constants internet "check in" make this a bad game" Why this blizzard?? We bought your game, we want have it.
  44. May 15, 2012
    Huge disappointment. The game is boring like hell. It's not diablo, it's a casual game like Actimoney knows how to make... Blizzard is definitively dead. Really sad.
  45. May 15, 2012
    Pre-purchaces the game for 60 euro only forr look for main screen for a whole day. Bunch of errors prevent me for playing the game. So bad servers and support that i hardly believe it.
  46. May 15, 2012
    So i get the game today and the servers are full so ive just paid £30 to not be able to play a game. Brilliant...classic blizzard, no doubt i wont be able to play the game for the next week due to server instability. Just another example of DRM ruining everything for the gaming community led by blizzard! Also the beta was uninspiring and boring, im hoping that the game willSo i get the game today and the servers are full so ive just paid £30 to not be able to play a game. Brilliant...classic blizzard, no doubt i wont be able to play the game for the next week due to server instability. Just another example of DRM ruining everything for the gaming community led by blizzard! Also the beta was uninspiring and boring, im hoping that the game will change my view but so far its putting up a rather poor attempt Expand
  47. May 15, 2012
    A sad game for gaming. It is a shame they had to ruin a great franchise just for milking the name for money. The intrusive access control known as DRM(Digital Rights Management) is hurting the game the most here here.
  48. May 15, 2012
    I bought this game after never having played Diablo 2 or 1. I am a new PC gamer, I usually play on consoles. After this experience I can safely say I will never pay for another PC game again that has always on DRM. I bought into the hype against my negative judgement, and after trying, and trying, and trying I can't login to play this game, a SINGLE PLAYER game. This is not okay. PunishingI bought this game after never having played Diablo 2 or 1. I am a new PC gamer, I usually play on consoles. After this experience I can safely say I will never pay for another PC game again that has always on DRM. I bought into the hype against my negative judgement, and after trying, and trying, and trying I can't login to play this game, a SINGLE PLAYER game. This is not okay. Punishing paying customers is not alright. I gave them my money, and they delivered a broken product. This is my first, and definitely last try with a Blizzard game. Expand
  49. May 21, 2012
    Blizzard is having a good laugh at our expense. A complete disappointment and ripoff. Retail version was terrible to install, invasive registration process, and servers were painfully unresposive. Boxed version weighed down with a blank notepad to give the customer the "illusion" of value. My instincts were to avoid this game, but I gave in to temptation. Avoid this total waste of money,Blizzard is having a good laugh at our expense. A complete disappointment and ripoff. Retail version was terrible to install, invasive registration process, and servers were painfully unresposive. Boxed version weighed down with a blank notepad to give the customer the "illusion" of value. My instincts were to avoid this game, but I gave in to temptation. Avoid this total waste of money, I'm ashamed to have fallen for this scam. Shame on the "professional" reviewers who give this an absurd 100. !f nothing else Diablo 3 indicates which gaming sites are not trustworthy. NO way possible this game deserves a perfect score. **** YOU Joystiq! Reviewers/gamers awarding Diablo 3 with inflated scores are giving game companies the green light to r@pe consumers in the future. My rating: 5/10 for Native Mac OSX support, -5/10 everything else. Total score = 0/10. Expand
  50. May 15, 2012
    Played 1 and 2, and waited and waded through the hype for a game that feels mechanical, stale and sadly offers less than the previous games. Graphically lovely, it just doesn't grab me by the balls. Something is badly lacking. If anyone has experienced WoW pug PvP, it kinda feels like that. I'll explain, I started playing earlier and joined a few parties, not one person spoke and it feltPlayed 1 and 2, and waited and waded through the hype for a game that feels mechanical, stale and sadly offers less than the previous games. Graphically lovely, it just doesn't grab me by the balls. Something is badly lacking. If anyone has experienced WoW pug PvP, it kinda feels like that. I'll explain, I started playing earlier and joined a few parties, not one person spoke and it felt as though I was being simply carried along. No one picked up anything (gold/items) or even stopped to fart! I couldn't help but feel like a low level vacuum cleaner running behind Dysons. Overall, I think the game is average (esp after the wait) and it is further spoiled by the sad fact that modern gamers seem too eager to pursue end game glory and have forgotten, or better yet (given their ages), never known the pleasures and satisfaction of the in-between. Everyone's in a hurry to be no.1 and the game suffers as a consequence. 4/10 - By today's expectations/standards, and in view of what had gone before it, a real let-down. Expand
  51. May 15, 2012
    I do not even know how people can even gave 2/10 for this game. This is most overhyped and biggest let down of all time. Blizzard fail to deliver, no wonder they fired so many people. Their games no longer has the factor of quality and polish. Always online-DRM and then no capcity to handle all pre-orders and known retail and digital sales? Buying a product you can't use.
  52. May 15, 2012
    I was so excited to play, and I did for like 30 minutes, now for the past few hours I can't connect. I have a real life and job, so I can only play for an hour, maybe 2 tops at a time. I can't do anything with this game due to errors. If you are going to do an always online requirement, you better have your act together and prevent this from happening. First impressions are everything.I was so excited to play, and I did for like 30 minutes, now for the past few hours I can't connect. I have a real life and job, so I can only play for an hour, maybe 2 tops at a time. I can't do anything with this game due to errors. If you are going to do an always online requirement, you better have your act together and prevent this from happening. First impressions are everything. The game looks promising, but I can't review on promise, only on what is, and right now, that is I have a $60 paper coaster on my desk. Expand
  53. Jul 14, 2012
    When I lost my fourth hardcore character due to d/c I had enough, crappy "always online" in a single-player game. Now I uninstalled Diablo 3 for good, and this was the last time I got a Blizzard game directly at the launch.
  54. May 16, 2012
    Extremely disappointed. Bought it mainly to play alone and even if it lets me log on the always-online requirement kills it for me due to a huge lag. Yes, even if you play alone the lag will sometimes make you unable to move your character. The story is bland and the overall art direction and style is not something worthy to be called a successor to the Diablo series. A huge letdown for meExtremely disappointed. Bought it mainly to play alone and even if it lets me log on the always-online requirement kills it for me due to a huge lag. Yes, even if you play alone the lag will sometimes make you unable to move your character. The story is bland and the overall art direction and style is not something worthy to be called a successor to the Diablo series. A huge letdown for me as a Blizzard fan. Expand
  55. May 16, 2012
    Worst Part of the series. Will not work offline, a huge flaw. No innovation, too easy and horrible skill system. Graphics is not state of the art, low textures low animation. There is no innovation in the combatsystem.
  56. May 17, 2012
    Voice actor for Cain sounds like a badly done cartoon goat

Almost all other voice actors throw on some stupid Irish-Scottish-Welsh sounding twangs and roll with their pitiful poorly written scripts Throw back stereotyped African accent for witch doctor Check points, no custom skills, spend real money for loot, no pvp, meaningless plot-line What a gut punch this steaming pile is
    Voice actor for Cain sounds like a badly done cartoon goat

What a gut punch this steaming pile is considering it is f**king DIABLO!!, seriously WTF were you thinking Blizzard? Your corporate desk jockeys ran this project into the ground, and I serious hope they are standing in the unemployment line right now

Yet the multiplayer coop is fun, mindless fun, but still fun, hence it gets a 4/10
  57. May 16, 2012
    Only pain I see here is that much people paid that money for this DRM and WoW Clone crap. I didnt buy the game, and will not buy after all those comments and videos.
  58. May 16, 2012
    I'm giving it a 1. It would be a 9-10.....IF I could play it single player without having to worry if the servers are going to go down and kick me out of the game. I'm so upset about it that I'm planning on returning what I consider a 9-10 game. Only because I'm able to only get a hour, two max of playtime without being kicked off due to server issues...for a SINGLE player game that is terrible.
  59. May 17, 2012
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

D3 is a horrible game. Do not purchase it.

If you get it as a gift, eBay it for half price unopened, then take the money and buy a real game like Endless Space.
  60. May 17, 2012
    how a game doest have offline mode is ridiculus what hapeen if I live in a place wheres the acces to the internet is restricted and I what to have some fun whit diablo 3 but aI cannot play whitout the internet is simply stupid hope no more companies do this atrocius decision in a future
  61. May 18, 2012
    Honestly, I think "2" is being overly kind. However, I figured it would be fitting since I'm uninstalling the product, reloading Diablo 2, and will be waiting for Torchlight II to launch. Thankfully, I didn't spend a damned cent on the game personally. I mean, come on, why go through and change one of your storyline's histories AGAIN? Blizz, you screwed up Warcraft "lore", and somehowHonestly, I think "2" is being overly kind. However, I figured it would be fitting since I'm uninstalling the product, reloading Diablo 2, and will be waiting for Torchlight II to launch. Thankfully, I didn't spend a damned cent on the game personally. I mean, come on, why go through and change one of your storyline's histories AGAIN? Blizz, you screwed up Warcraft "lore", and somehow managed to screw up Diablo "lore". Thank you for the games you made prior to 2000, now do us all a favor and retire, mmkay? Expand
  62. May 18, 2012
    The game has looked the same for years, it's not even developed by the same people who made D1/D2, and why assume that new gamers are complete morons? Why Blizzard? Why must new gamers get the child treatment? Your games reaching the younger generation are alienating to people with suitable problem solving skills. Aside from the lack of intellectual and visual developments to the gameThe game has looked the same for years, it's not even developed by the same people who made D1/D2, and why assume that new gamers are complete morons? Why Blizzard? Why must new gamers get the child treatment? Your games reaching the younger generation are alienating to people with suitable problem solving skills. Aside from the lack of intellectual and visual developments to the game I feel like the horror ARPG has been turned into a badly voice acted gamble to win people's money. Too much of the game revolves around owners spending GOBS of cash. Practically encouraging real money to be used as currency in game is how iPhone games trick parents into buying virtual trinkets for their kids. GOSH I can rant about this while staying objective and every sentence further I get the lower my score goes.... so I'm going to leave it at a 2. 2 points were for the dev staff that just got the mechanics worked out. I assume that's difficult enough they deserve some credit, but who knows if they were fired or laid off so many umpteen years ago when the project was started and obviously near completion. Good day sirs. Expand
  63. May 18, 2012
    Lets play touchlight....
  64. May 24, 2012
    This game is OK but the always-on DRM absolutely ruins it for me. DRM for multiplayer games is to be expected, but forcing you to always have a connection to the blizzard servers in order to play a single player game is ridiculous. What if you have a laptop and want to play it somewhere with poor/unreliable wireless signal quality or no wireless signal? You can't. When playing a singleThis game is OK but the always-on DRM absolutely ruins it for me. DRM for multiplayer games is to be expected, but forcing you to always have a connection to the blizzard servers in order to play a single player game is ridiculous. What if you have a laptop and want to play it somewhere with poor/unreliable wireless signal quality or no wireless signal? You can't. When playing a single player game on my desktop I'll be running through a field and then in a flash my position will reset to where it was a second or two ago when the server last synched, its totally jarring. Sometimes when this happens I'll be surrounded by monsters and instantly die. I'll be pretty far into a dungeon and my connection will get dropped and I'll get booted back to the game lobby and have to repeat the level. All this is even if blizzard allows you to log in to their servers to begin with, hope you don't want to play your game when their servers are down or at capacity! I'm still having lag issues on my desktop over a week after release, I'm not whining about the launch-day issues that they improved upon over the first couple days, and this may in fact be my ISPs fault rather than Blizzard's. Blizzard really should have given you the choice of an open or closed system like they did in Diablo 2, this design decision to require a constant high quality internet connection at all times killed my enjoyment of this game. As to the gameplay, its pretty much what you'd expect, an updated version of diablo with new classes and skills. Graphics are decent, voice acting is good and the monsters the game has allowed me to see so far have been interesting - I like some of the vomiting zombies and giant bloated corpses that explode into a mass of worms, I like how you see monsters climb up the sides of cliffs and climb in through windows before joining the combat, creative stuff like that is good. Story is decent, kind of a rehash of the original story so far but it makes me nostalgic when they drop names like "king leoric" in the story. I'm one who doesn't really want a long story in an action rpg so the story is at just about the right level for me. Gameplay however seems dumbed down from predecessors, not nearly as much character customization as I would like and my only deaths so far have been due to lag. $60 for this is an insult, should be $20. Expand
  65. May 20, 2012
    Extremely expensive game with poor graphics and a bad story. It requires constant connection to the internet to play and the servers are always busy/down.
  66. May 20, 2012
    Hugely overrated. Not worth 60$, not only because of the drm thing, but also because of the childish story and repetetive gameplay. On the bright side, when stuff pops out of chest the animation is very cool.
  67. May 20, 2012
    I love this game. I really do. But Blizzard CAN'T get away with the way they are running the game. The launch was a giant epic fail. Nobody could log-in, people lost achievements, someone even lost the character. For all the week, there were huge lag spikes (even playing in single-player mode with no other player allowed) and disconnection. And now the ice on the cake: sudden maintenanceI love this game. I really do. But Blizzard CAN'T get away with the way they are running the game. The launch was a giant epic fail. Nobody could log-in, people lost achievements, someone even lost the character. For all the week, there were huge lag spikes (even playing in single-player mode with no other player allowed) and disconnection. And now the ice on the cake: sudden maintenance on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON for EU (the FIRST Sunday after the poor release on a TUESDAY). I love this game, but I hate Blizzard for what they are doing. And they will probably get away with this, with a simple "We're sorry.". No, WE are sorry, you aren't. You got your money, after all. Expand
  68. May 20, 2012
    Forgetting for a moment the fact that you couldn't play a game you played money money for and always have to have an internet connection to play this game, which is god damn ridiculous by the way, This is still the worst Diablo game ever made. It's amazing you could release a worse product 12 years after the last one. Seriously the graphics are sub par, the story is vomit worthy, the musicForgetting for a moment the fact that you couldn't play a game you played money money for and always have to have an internet connection to play this game, which is god damn ridiculous by the way, This is still the worst Diablo game ever made. It's amazing you could release a worse product 12 years after the last one. Seriously the graphics are sub par, the story is vomit worthy, the music is pretty good, and the leveling structure is crap, with all the personalization removed. Seriously, don't buy this tripe. Last Blizzard product I pay money for. Expand
  69. May 20, 2012
    If I was just scoring on the mediocre game play/graphics and the average story then I'd probably give it a 5, throw in the always on DRM for a single player game (WTF?) and the fact that getting on for a week after its release you still can't consistently log in and play whenever you like, the best I can say is a 2. Seriously put me off Blizzard games and will be voting with my wallet inIf I was just scoring on the mediocre game play/graphics and the average story then I'd probably give it a 5, throw in the always on DRM for a single player game (WTF?) and the fact that getting on for a week after its release you still can't consistently log in and play whenever you like, the best I can say is a 2. Seriously put me off Blizzard games and will be voting with my wallet in the future. Expand
  70. May 21, 2012
    Always online-DRM and then no capcity to handle all pre-orders and known retail and digital sales? Buying a product you can't use. Last time I bought a Blizzard product or EA game.
  71. Jun 26, 2012
    User score on this site is getting lower and lower. To be honest, Diablo 3 deserve that low score. Come to think of it, it has been 5 weeks since diablo 3 was released and their server fixing arent finished yet. I hope that blizzard company will simply rot.
  72. Cuz
    May 22, 2012
    Game was bad enough that I asked Blizzard for a refund. Fortunately, their customer service was stand-up and they gave me one within a couple days of submitting a ticket. Character customization was weak, story was uneventful, graphics were mediocre, but what really pushed me over the edge was lagging out and rubber-banding in a single-player game. I'm assuming the connectivity issuesGame was bad enough that I asked Blizzard for a refund. Fortunately, their customer service was stand-up and they gave me one within a couple days of submitting a ticket. Character customization was weak, story was uneventful, graphics were mediocre, but what really pushed me over the edge was lagging out and rubber-banding in a single-player game. I'm assuming the connectivity issues will get resolved in a few weeks but there just isn't enough there to wait for. I'm giving it a 4 based on the quality customer service I got from Blizzard.... which probably saved me as a customer on future games from them. Expand
  73. May 23, 2012
    The game is actually good. VERY good. Extremely perfect art direction which makes those other art directors want to quit their job for ever and same quality with everything else. (I just didn't much liked the UI actually. It feels like it was rushed a bit)

Whether agree or not the game is actually extremely 'old-school'. When playing oldschool games, when you beat the game you start from beginning right from beginning. The most primive example for this fact ('the oldschool gaming') is goddamn mario. You beat it like a boss but nintendo still makes you play the same game over and over. And I believe MOST of those low point submitters are still playing diablo 3 like right now. So, how does this does not make this game 'old-school' in your terms. This game is more and more hack and slash then the previous games. and believe me, I've played them both A LOT. Even if you had what you wanted you'd still vote this game low because one little glitch would make you vote 0 on anything. And the what I've noticed you guys don't get the 'old-school' gaming and you babble it alot. Because you did the same with portal 2. And this review also applies to portal 2 too.

About the constant internet connection, I should admit I'm not cool with this too. But that's the future of the games. And Blizzard showed some balls (and greed ofc) and stepped in to a new age of privacy protection. Blizzard explained more then 3 trillion characters made on the first release of diablo 3. That's close to population of f*cking earth. And WHOLE earth was trying to connect their servers. And not even 1 week after their servers now running perfectly. That's something google can handle and a for a game company they over come the situation goddamn smoothly. Bliz tries to cover up what the offline playing took with online content and other social stuff. Although I'm still not %100 ok with constant internet connection but I guess they'll come up with a patch for offline playing for a few patch later. (greedy bastards lol)

with all my sincerity, I was hoping something more like diablo1, and I'm sure I'm going to play diablo 1 again after finishing diablo3 on hell. wandering in claustrophobic dungeons and taking ladders with infinite steps which goes RIGHT in to hell. I realise they tried to get the feeling of the first one but they fused it with the second one. and fusing stuff to each other never has a perfect result. Anyway this game is 2012's metal slug! I just can't wait for upcoming patches, expansions, characters, pvp etc.
  74. May 24, 2012
    Boring! There is nothing new that wow hasn't done before (aside from the story). Same graphics, same gameplay, same missions, etc. I'm also bored of the lack of real action just click click and loot.
  75. May 24, 2012
    The story is dull. Just generic dark fantasy blah that goes in one ear and out the other.
    The characters aren't very interesting. Constantly running through dark caves/tunnels/dungeons becomes way too monotonous.
    The soundtrack isn't memorable, or at least, I don't remember any part of it the way I do with Starcraft 2. The gameplay is supposed to be the main attraction but it's just a lot
    The gameplay is supposed to be the main attraction but it's just a lot of click click clicking on zombies, and clicking even harder on the tougher enemies.
    Looting isn't much fun either. You scoop up belts and swords, most of which is worth almost nothing and occasionally upgrade to something a little better.
    I don't get it, what is the appeal? Nothing about this game stands out as memorable or addictive or fun.
    Pretty boring stuff.
  76. May 26, 2012
    A huge step backwards from Diablo 2. All internet issues aside, lack of skill customization. Sure there's more skill combinations that the previous game, but, you can't use 95% of them because you WILL die. So, everyone has the same build. No need to level multiple characters as you can change skills instantly at no charge. The story is unimaginative and is full of cheesy lines.A huge step backwards from Diablo 2. All internet issues aside, lack of skill customization. Sure there's more skill combinations that the previous game, but, you can't use 95% of them because you WILL die. So, everyone has the same build. No need to level multiple characters as you can change skills instantly at no charge. The story is unimaginative and is full of cheesy lines. Bored of it already and am only at Hell Act 3. WHY THE HELL IS THERE A LEVEL CAP? Expand
  77. Oct 10, 2012
    Cons: Auction House plays for you. Items are boring, repetitive, and other than your main stat / vitality the affixes are irrelevant. Linear Gameplay + only 5% f the maps are randomized. Online only. Matchmaking only, no custom games. Max of 4 people per game. Pros: Nice Graphics. Summary: I wouldn't bother with D3 unless Blizzard makes some serious, fundamental changes to it
  78. May 29, 2012
    Well I have to applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very pleased.

You've taken a game with so much hype built around it, a game with a rabid and wildly large fan base, a game vaulting off of the massive success of the previous generation - and you've turned it into your sacrificial lamb.

I understand that WoW is dying. The cash cow that you have been able to depend on to fill your coffers is finally drying up. It had a great run. MoP is not likely to defibrillate the failing heart of what was once the WoW empire, and you know this. Starcraft 2, while an amazing game, cannot replace this cash cow - then again it wasn't meant to. How could it? Your business foresight is very attuned. Because of this you carefully planned your next chess move: Diablo 3.

What better way to birth another golden goose than to bank an entire game off of the most addictive part of what Diablo 2 was: the item grind. Pure brilliance. And so, from the ground up, you formed this game to be solely about item exchange - this would be the titan built to replace WoW's subscription based bankroll in the form of micro transactions.

Except one thing: you're boring.

On May 15th 2012, after nearly a decade of anticipation, we were given Diablo 3! Except, it's not quite Diablo 3. It's a slimmed down, cut up version of the Diablo 3 everyone was taught to expect. Except, it wasn't given to us, we still had to pay you full price for it: $60.

My how the mighty hath fallen. Why is it not Diablo 3, you say? Well let's see. Anyone remember all those teaser videos spoon fed to the community over the past 3 years? Videos slowly leaking to us glimpses of the content we could expect to experience? I do.

From nearly FOUR years ago:

@2:10 "These current weapons just won't do!":

I guess scrapping this idea all together was more developmentally cost effective.

@6:30 "Let's see what a real fight looks like."

Indeed, lets. I'm still waiting, actually. Is it just me or does that environment look entirely more engaging than the atmosphere we've purchased at release?

@2:00 Did he say randomized, dungeons, quests and encounters?

If their idea of newly generated fights, quests and environments is a continuous cycle of the same things from a pre-conceived list, he's spot on!

So where's the beef? - some might say. The beef is that this is not Diablo 3, this is an imposter. A hologram. An artificial replacement. A lame duck substitute for what hype built it up to be. A cut up and slimmed down version of what should have been. In essence: a slaughtered, sacrificial lamb.

That leaves myself and thousands of others saying indeed, where is the beef? Blizzard's answer: there is no cow level. But hey, we got rainbows and unicorns!

Is anyone still in complete denial about how truly boring this game is or have people started to shake off the honey moon dust?

You eliminated enchanting, PvP, pet companions and other things from the release version so that you could market it as part of a later expansion for more money. (This is a trend in gaming that several developers have been following; withhold content you've been advertising for the past two years and charge a premium for it at a later date. I shouldn't have expected Activision-Blizzard to be any different, shame on me.

You didn't include a single player mode because you can't make money off of people if they aren't using the AH in a multiplayer format. Less work for you in the development stages, and forces people to engage in the micro-economy that your bankroll is based on. Again, brilliance. Which leads me to my final point

There is so LITTLE dynamic to this game I cannot believe it took this many years to create it. In fact, I don't. So why the long wait? I'll tell you: economic law. Years to iron out the legal details for a global launch of RMAH.

It doesn't take an overly intelligent mind to figure WHY they would want to use a RMAH and get a cut of (a lot of) the transactions. That's fine. Here's the problem: you built the entire game around a pure gear grind, and then force that gear grind to revolve around the AH, specifically the RMAH. There is literally no other dynamic. When you build a game from a purely business stand point, you're not building a great game - and a great game this is not.

In conclusion, gamers, do you really want to spend your time on yet another slave-like gear grind? If so, eat your heart out. You'll find no better place to do it! If not, there are a plethora of other games out there much more deserving of your $60, I promise
  79. May 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The hardest part of Diablo 3 isn't Inferno difficulty, it's actually getting on the game and playing for any decent bit of time due to Blizzard's DRM enforcement. It was released two weeks ago and even now, the game's being taken offline for "Emergency Maintenance", which seems to come up on average, once every 1-2 days for several hours. Most drops are random and I would not at all be at odds with buying gear, in fact, I have. Buying it is the whole problem however - even when the game IS up and running, the Auction House may or may not be. The game itself seems to suffer from a few Warcraftian influences. One trait it shares with WoW is stand, click and shoot. If you're playing a ranged class, this can and often will have you hurting, if not just flat-out dead much of the time. A lot of the monsters come at you in droves and if you're shooting, they can and will catch you because you have to stand still. If you're moving, there's little you can do offensively. This is lessened to an extent if you play alongside a human player or 3. Whoever felt that ranged classes would better be played with a stand, click and shoot control scheme must have been on something. Imagine if Call of Duty or Battlefield were played in such a way. I know all too well that this is in NO way an FPS, but to have a ranged class with low armor only be able to play offensively while rooted to the spot is bad design choice to say the least. Another huge, gaping flaw in this game is the way that Blizzard decided that instead of a point-based system, they would go into dumbed-down mode where you can just pick premade talents for yourself and not have to worry about tinkering with your character very much (Another WoW trait). Some of the controls feel awkward and out of place, such as Demon Hunter's Vault ability. With Evasive Fire, Vault is really just not needed, as they both cause you to flip away from monsters. It seems outright lazy that Blizzard would add 2 very similar abilities, although, as it stands, Tauren Paladin in WoW has 2 stuns and a sleep ability, all are more or less forms of stop spells, so it's obvious that Blizzard outright will NOT innovate their games at all. The story in Diablo 3 becomes nearly insultingly atrocious at times; Leah's soul's status is unknown, her mother's whereabouts are unknown and by the end of the game, Diablo and the Black Soulstone tumble to earth. This all serves to become obvious vehicles to warrant future expansion purchases. The story becomes incredibly obvious at others points; AI buddy becomes trapped just before you face Diablo and urges you to go on alone. How did I not see this comming?? /endsarcasm. Boss battles for the most part are simple and unispiring as there is NO real tactic other than to shoot, run, dodge one or two random things, rinse, repeat. Finally, a good portion of the story is not very involving, you really can't care about characters who give little or no thought to a girl who had been traveling with them, city-to-city, (presumably for what seems to be weeks, if not months, in game time) only to be possessed by some iteration of Satan, and to have her body burned away and destoryed by an iteration of Michael. It seriously detracts from the story and shows Blizzard's ineptitude for writing a good story. Good stories don't have to be complex to be great. They can be as simple as Lunar Silver Star Story or as complex as Final Fantasy X, it all comes down to the writers. Not to mention that the game has 5 acts and can be completed in a day or two. As slow as I am, it only took me 4 days to finish it, and I actually explored the levels and did the side quests and so on (playing roughly 4-5 hours a day). The game is not horrible (aside from the online issues), on the other hand, it's not that great. It is however a mediocre title from a gameplay perspective and below average title from a story perspective. With as much time as Blizzard had to develop this game, in some senses, it's as bad if not worse than what Square dumped on us with Final Fantasy 14, if you look at it from a time vs product standpoint. At least Square didn't take 10 years to create an embarrassment of coding. This is simply embarrassing for Blizzard. They have had many games under their belt and many years in the industry. The only conclusion I am forced to come to is that it was all done in order to get the RMT auction house up and running as quickly as they could because World of Warcraft's sub numbers are beginning to falter and with recent layoffs, the time was "right" to recoup what few losses they have sustained. This game should have come with a title which was more true to life, such as; Diablo 3: The Quest For More Cash. Maybe the title will make it into a future expansion, which they WILL make. If you really want to play this game, and are still on the fence over the $60, wait and get it out of the bargain bin later . I pity those who bought the collector's edition. Expand
  80. May 29, 2012
    I am not going to give this game one of those bottom out 0/1 reviews, because honestly it is better then that. The always on DRM is... annoying. I'd live with it, though honestly its only going to get better because people stop playing due to disappointment in the game.

Beyond that, there are some major not-fun-factors of the game. I have to say, the first 12 hours or so on normal difficulty are fun. The second 12 hours on the next difficulty are providing the challenge I was looking for. Then after that the game stops being fun. I'm going to give blizzard a couple weeks to fix the fun factor.

If you want to say a $20 game gets 40 hours of gameplay out of replaying the same missions over and over, but on harder difficulties thats one thing. If you want to say a AAA title gets 40 hours of gameplay out of 12 hours of game that you play over and over again... well that's a bit disappointing.
  81. May 30, 2012
    Terrible game, end game is pointless and broken. The game has been abused from the beginning and a exploited to where a select group have free reign over the entire Auction House. The demand is only getting larger for act 3/4 items, whilst the supply is staying the same because the people who abused/exploited the game in the early stages are the only people who can obtain the gear.
  82. Jun 1, 2012
    Most of reviews were published before actually playing the full game. Here's a serious review if you are interested in playing this game. As many other games, this game is another example of good game design with poor execution. My best guess regarding all this anger towards Blizzard is because Blizzard has been hyping Diablo fans for years. Whenever asked when they would release the gameMost of reviews were published before actually playing the full game. Here's a serious review if you are interested in playing this game. As many other games, this game is another example of good game design with poor execution. My best guess regarding all this anger towards Blizzard is because Blizzard has been hyping Diablo fans for years. Whenever asked when they would release the game they kept saying "When it's done". In order to get things done they had to cut a lot of stuffs from their original ideas and rush development to the point of changing important game mechanics few months before release, lacking on class balance testing and server reliability. The game not only came out without things they've promised but also poor implemented at certain aspects. Blizzard has clearly release an incomplete game after so many years of development. Overall the game is good but lacks on some important aspects of performance, class balance ( Melee vs ranged in Inferno, the highest difficulty of the game), customization and story. Fortunately has the reputation to maintain its games for years to come and that's the only reason why Diablo 3 was not a complete fail. Any other game in the industry would be crucified. Jay Wilson said: "No one will remember if the game is late, only of it's great". Problem is: everyone will remember that the game was late if the game is not that great Expand
  83. Jun 3, 2012
    Let me just play single-player without network problems! I'm seriously not buying anything with this DRM in the future. Sure, this is just a game, but that's precisely why you shouldn't frustrate your goddamn customer!
  84. Jun 8, 2012
    Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares maybe sell 1 decent rare on auction house, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares, buy gear on auction house, Farm, vendor crappy rares, Farm, vendor crappy rares.

That's pretty much the

That's pretty much the game. I strongly suggest skipping this one folks.

***********************************60 Barbarian 180 hours played, 25 million gold spent on gear, currently in act 3 inferno, not really getting anywhere
  85. Jun 8, 2012
    This is a serious and objective review from a person who played many pc games.
    First of all: connection problems. Worst service (even after a month since release!!!) of many online games I played - GW, WoW, Diablo2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, FPS shooters(Quake, Unreal, Counter-Strike), Starcraft 1 and 2... you name it.
    Graphics - far too bad for a 2012 game! Sound effects - decent.
    This is a serious and objective review from a person who played many pc games.
    Graphics - far too bad for a 2012 game! Sound effects - decent. Music - bad and repetitive. Gameplay is about decent the first three difficulties. The last difficulty is very boring. Players need to collect gold for hundreds and hundreds of hours to be able to progress. Then they spend it in an Auction house where they buy item upgrades for their hero. In Diablo 2 players were progressing on their own with just a bit of trading. In Diablo 3 good item drops are extremly rare - like 1 to billions chance to get such an item yourself so the Auction House does not get flooded. Logical, yes, but it turns the game to Auction House manager, where players farm gold the whole week and then lie for a day or two in front of their PC, scanning the millions of deals, hoping for a fair upgrade. So dumbed down. This takes all the pleasure from the item hunting which made Diablo 2 such a great and replayable game.
    Skill system cannot be more broken. Everyone ends up using the same skill setup. Scarcity of good items forces them to do so. Many GREAT features (it will take more than an hour to list them and you to read them) from Diablo 2 were just cut from this game. 10 years in development and we get this?! What a shame. I wont even mention the Real Money Auction House where players give real $ to Blizzard. Pay to Win! Take this from a serious Diablo 2 player - do not touch this game it will dissapoint you badly. Enjoy other games.
  86. Jun 8, 2012
    click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell clickclick click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell click click click click click click click click click click click click Sell - dont waste your life thinking this game has any purpose Expand
  87. Jun 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to admit when I saw this game preview for the first time, I was like this is going to be an awesome game! Being a player of Diablo Series I was very excited to get my hands on D3, but it really only turned out to being a disappointment. For as long as this game was held back, I believe 10 years or so in development, the game is quite bad. Sure the graphics/sounds/abilities are an upgrade from the old Diablo.....but that's really not saying much. The talent system is your typical cookie cutter system that will be in WoW MoP and to me is garbage because it lacks creativity and customization of your own character. ***Edit*****Lets face it we don't look into talent trees really to gain stats....it's to gain bad ass abilities! Players, and hey I may be old fashion, want to jump, break the ground, shake the earth, do massive dmg in a fun way. Not to the point where the game is face roll but where it is enjoyable to the player (It's a fine line I know) Diablo doesn't deliver on many levels to me. The story line is absolutely horrendous, (*spoiler* ) seriously, one of the most iconic people in the history of gaming...Tyrael you make human, and not only did you make him human blizz, you made him human in the "final chapter" of the game. I mean that's cool; that's like taking Predator and making him look like Bambi. I really do wish they took the time to not make your toon look like a cartoon character, I mean come on blizz this series plateaued you guys to the next level before WoW, you really could not do this game "Justice" (no pun intended) and take this game to the next level! One thing that was completely unacceptable to me was the lack of effort put into the multi-player aspect of the game. I mean normally we all expect there to be some errors don't get me wrong, but man holy cow there were a lot. Now typically you'd expect this from other companies, but come on not one that runs two of the biggest Mmorpgs in the world (WoW / SC 2). Also, the legalized selling of gold is sad, that means to me that people have gotten so lazy that they can no longer play the game and achieve gear but they have to buy it, please stop spoon feeding people everything blizzard. I am sick and tired of making classic challenging games from, well I'll say the majority of people who write reviews here, childhoods and allowing them to be played by infants. There is absolutely no skill involved in this game and the fighting system in this game is a joke. Also, when you played Diablo way back when, there was a level of creepiness to it. You know, it was dark you couldn't see what was in front of you, the world had been plagued into the abyss, and there were cows with scythe's trying to beat you down. Needless to say I am very disappointed with the installment of the series, shame on you blizz for letting an amazing legacy of game fall by the waste side. Expand
  88. Jun 11, 2012
    A poorly balanced game that lacks everything that made the series fun. In order to get upgrades from loot drops, you have to kill monsters above your current level of gear, this becomes more and more impossible as you progress, and by Inferno becomes impossible. This makes the game eventually turn into "Auction House Tycoon" instead of Diablo. The auction house becomes as optional toA poorly balanced game that lacks everything that made the series fun. In order to get upgrades from loot drops, you have to kill monsters above your current level of gear, this becomes more and more impossible as you progress, and by Inferno becomes impossible. This makes the game eventually turn into "Auction House Tycoon" instead of Diablo. The auction house becomes as optional to game progression as a keyboard is option to using a computer, and basically drains all the fun from the game. You stop hunting for items and quickly start farming for gold to buy them from others instead.

Always online DRM is lag filled and further ruins the experience. I've literally lost track of the number of times I have died directly due to server lag. In a game like Diablo, thats ALL action, where every tenth of second matters...having a constant 150-200 ms connection ruins the game.

I would recommend avoiding, save your $60, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration, far too many bad choices made during development.
  89. Jun 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, I'm not from Battle.net fourms. I'm speaking from my heart. I started to play diablo 2 about 4 months ago and decided to buy diablo 3 for the hell of it a couple of weeks ago. I don't listen to gamespot, etc. Basicly in today's industry the publishers are starting to buy for their "10/10" Scores *COUGH*EA*COUGH*.

Well enough about that. Let's move on!

I keep hearing how Diablo 3 is the quote and quote "BEST RPG EVER". You know what? This game was just over-hyped to **** It tells a story when a game is forced to go into a redesign phase in development possbily twice by the publisher. Plot: Way too short. Only about 5-6 hours if your playing on Normal for the first time. Also Obvious plot twist.

Graphics:
    Good god, I wasn't impressed. I've seen games with better graphics. These graphics look cel-shaded. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's not right for this type of game. To be honest, the atmosphere is not as good as diablo 2's. I was going for the impression that Blizzard was going to add more detail to this game.

Gameplay: Mainly my biggest problem is the gameplay. It's boring as **** There is nothing new. It's just Diablo 2's gameplay with a new engine in my point of view.

- Replay Value: Once you play it with your friends once or twice, It gets boring. BLizzard had a chance to change some stuff in development. Why didn't they take the chance?

I also noticed from a couple of friends of mine (One who is also a writer for MMO.org, Paragustrants) had an issue with Act 3 in Inferno. Your basicly hitting a brick wall at this point. And it is said the blizzard testers didn't even finish Inferno. Wow.

Music: Okayish. It's not bad in any way!
    Some of my other complaints,

Servers:
    Yes, Even after about a month after release this game is still having connection issues. Lag outs every 15 minutes. Unable to login, etc. Blizzard is a huge company. Shouldn't they have the funds to buy more servers instead of swimming in their bathtub of greed? If I was a developer, My mindset for a bad launch would be to clear up the connection issues and bring in more and faster servers for the players. Blizzard had a stress test for this game I believe. What the hell was that for? Was it for people who could brag about how they were in the first closed beta for this game? 8 years and Blizzard wasen't expecting to be a big turn out? Seriously?

Botting: Blizzard knew about this problem since Diablo 2. Go look at the online for Diablo 2. It's filled with bots. Nothing was done. Blizzard just turned a blind eye to them. And now in Diablo 3, They don't. You should have been more prepared for this. Again, They had 8 years to plan an idea to stop this. Also note: I love how they **** over people with the new patch that was "SUPPOSE" to fix botting. FYI: These guys are f**king smart. They make a living off of this. I know they will just work their way around this.

Real-Money AUction House: This is my biggest complaint. Out of all the stuff blizzard could work on, They decide to work on this. Now prices will be insane for the item market in this game. Theres no cap for selling items. So people can put a price of over 500$ on an item. Skillpoints:

Blizzard missed a great chance to pull up the replay value if they let players create their own builds like in Diablo 2. Pretty bad move on their part.

The "ONLINE" DRM:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please take a moment to look at Ubisoft's SHINING EXAMPLE of why this was a horrible idea to begin with. Now, I can understand Blizzard was trying to cut down on piracy. But who in development thought this would solve the problem? Private Servers are already starting to appear to be worked on from I understand.
  90. Jun 13, 2012
    This game is a total disappointment. I am a long time Diablo 2 Fan and had great expectation for Diablo 3.
    Since it's release I never had a day that I played that went without a connection error, or deconnection , or a server maintenance. Server maintenance can last from 4 to 8 hours! Thank God I paid whit paypal and could get my money back.
    Diablo 3 is the MW3 of 2012. Total letdown.
  91. Jun 18, 2012
    I have spent the last eight hours farming a random drop item to get into whimseyshire, a farming area. I still have not seen the npc pop that has a random chance of letting me get the item I need. this is one of six items required. Is this an asian MMO or what? It is also becoming increasingly clear that you cannot beat the game on the hardest difficulty without using the in-gameI have spent the last eight hours farming a random drop item to get into whimseyshire, a farming area. I still have not seen the npc pop that has a random chance of letting me get the item I need. this is one of six items required. Is this an asian MMO or what? It is also becoming increasingly clear that you cannot beat the game on the hardest difficulty without using the in-game Auction House(which is now shifting into real money sales). Steer clear of this game, Blizzard has finally put out a dud. Expand
  92. Jun 19, 2012
    The game is fun but it's nothing groundbreaking. If you played Diablo 2 (D2) then you've played this game. The only improvement in my eyes is that you now pick up gold by walking over it instead of having to click on every single pile. The addition of forcing you to have a constant connection to the servers is annoying and should never have been implemented. I was never one to play D2The game is fun but it's nothing groundbreaking. If you played Diablo 2 (D2) then you've played this game. The only improvement in my eyes is that you now pick up gold by walking over it instead of having to click on every single pile. The addition of forcing you to have a constant connection to the servers is annoying and should never have been implemented. I was never one to play D2 online and I only ever played with friends when we were on a LAN so forcing me to connect to Blizzard servers is extremely annoying. They have issues, have maintenance, or any other issues and all of a sudden I can't play a game I paid for. I honestly think that D2 is a better game solely because I can play it without an internet connection. Expand
  93. Jun 20, 2012
    Always online DRM, gold farmers, must buy an authenticator if you don't want to be hacked, bad music, real money auction house designed to exploit consumers, insane repair costs introduced in the 1.03 patch designed to cripple your game (who knows what crippling patches Blizzard will have in the future), Deckard Cain's anticlimactic death, looks more like WOW than previous Diablo games,Always online DRM, gold farmers, must buy an authenticator if you don't want to be hacked, bad music, real money auction house designed to exploit consumers, insane repair costs introduced in the 1.03 patch designed to cripple your game (who knows what crippling patches Blizzard will have in the future), Deckard Cain's anticlimactic death, looks more like WOW than previous Diablo games, generic cash grab, horrible story, you probably won't be able to get a refund if you buy it, bad loot distribution, game is buggy and unfinished, overpriced compared to other PC games. If you decide to ignore all the warnings and buy this game and have buyer's remorse, don't complain, because by then, Blizzard and Activision will already have your money. Expand
  94. Jun 24, 2012
    at first i was, YAY a D3 this rox and stuff but after a month of playing i'm looking for a better game? Something is not right and that something is the stupidest design of the game ever made this is not a ARPG it's a kill everything that moves, there are no skills there are no attribute points, they auto distributed, and there is no way you will have the time to get a good item in gameat first i was, YAY a D3 this rox and stuff but after a month of playing i'm looking for a better game? Something is not right and that something is the stupidest design of the game ever made this is not a ARPG it's a kill everything that moves, there are no skills there are no attribute points, they auto distributed, and there is no way you will have the time to get a good item in game without the use of the AH this game is a fail and i feel scammed by #1 company that i always trusted to bring me what i need.
    Well Blizz another customer left i hope you have fun with dump games.
  95. Jun 27, 2012
    I played for about 100 hours on my main character and about 20 hours on the rest of my characters. Unfortunately, as is the standard with Blizzard games, you need to put this amount of time into the game in order to see anything relevant to the actual game. At about Act 4 Hell I discovered that the balance of the game is worked around the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). The reason this isI played for about 100 hours on my main character and about 20 hours on the rest of my characters. Unfortunately, as is the standard with Blizzard games, you need to put this amount of time into the game in order to see anything relevant to the actual game. At about Act 4 Hell I discovered that the balance of the game is worked around the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). The reason this is an issue is because pieces of gear are sold for around 100k minimum yet it takes around 2 hours to farm that amount prior to level 60. At 60, the rates increase a bit, but not enough to carry you to gear that will allow progression through Inferno; this gear is sold upwards of 300k gold each piece. All of this would be moot, except that as many others have also noted, the itemization is abysmal. I understand that not every piece is going to be usable, but over the course of 60 levels I managed to find only 2 or 3 pieces of relevant "rare" gear. This means that you end up playing a Chinese Gold Farming Simulator or opting into the Pay 2 Win (p2w) model. The story is definitely not worth playing for. However, the one saving grace for the game is Covetous Shen. Absolute gold. At least I was lucky enough to never have any connection issues like other players. Happy I got my refund though, as they (developers) severely broke the game. Expect D2 and be incredibly disappointed. Expand
  96. Jul 3, 2012
    It's a good enough game to be worth your $60 if you liked Diablo 2. Long term though, there's not much reason to keep playing after you level up a character or two. Given all the rebalancing and changes, and despite the long wait, it clearly was not playtested enough prior to launch. The ability to buy everything you need on the auction house means you won't often find items you can use,It's a good enough game to be worth your $60 if you liked Diablo 2. Long term though, there's not much reason to keep playing after you level up a character or two. Given all the rebalancing and changes, and despite the long wait, it clearly was not playtested enough prior to launch. The ability to buy everything you need on the auction house means you won't often find items you can use, cheapening the item search experience quite a bit. Expand
  97. Jul 6, 2012
    Ugh. Played it for about two weeks on and off, then everything just became extremely boring. Nothing to make you want to keep going, nothing to make you want to level every class, and I'm pretty sure i could say about 100 other bad things.
  98. Jul 6, 2012
    Diablo III can only be described as a step (or many, rather) backwards from Diablo II. Twelve years after Diablo II's release, Diablo III fails in many ways. The story is banal, forgettable, and completely lacking. The graphics are not on par with many other modern releases. The game play becomes too repetitive, too quickly. The game has little to no re-playability. The always online DRMDiablo III can only be described as a step (or many, rather) backwards from Diablo II. Twelve years after Diablo II's release, Diablo III fails in many ways. The story is banal, forgettable, and completely lacking. The graphics are not on par with many other modern releases. The game play becomes too repetitive, too quickly. The game has little to no re-playability. The always online DRM makes for a laggy experience in single-player. It kept me entertained for less than two full playthroughs only thanks to my interest in other classes. The game is not worth $60 dollars. I would only recommend this game if it were worth less than $10. Save your money for something better. Expand
  99. Jul 6, 2012
    The game, though fun for a while does begin to degrade into grinding at times.I personally believe that it is a horrible idea to put in an actual real money auction house, which could lead into exploitation, and hacking.
    Though I still feel immersed by the story. Though I find it very redundant to make a Single player game still on a server
    Generally: Wait either there's a sale on Steam
    Generally: Wait either there's a sale on Steam or other.
  100. Jul 13, 2012
    I've been playing this game since day one. I accepted the bad launch and plague of problems that followed, thinking it would be worth it in the end. I waited and waited for the patch which made inferno remotely possible for players to enjoy. At every turn I was disappointed. The game lacks the character and ambiance of Diablo 2 and the fact that it was produced by the creators of WoW,I've been playing this game since day one. I accepted the bad launch and plague of problems that followed, thinking it would be worth it in the end. I waited and waited for the patch which made inferno remotely possible for players to enjoy. At every turn I was disappointed. The game lacks the character and ambiance of Diablo 2 and the fact that it was produced by the creators of WoW, not the original Diablo 2 team, really shows. The game is built around the real money auction house. Even the gold auction house is a farce because people can buy gold from Blizzard which in turn bumps up the gold prices to up to unattainable heights. I would not recommend this game to anyone hoping for a continuation of the game play or feel of Diablo 2. The story sucks, the voice acting is bad, characters feel hollow and music is a massive downgrade from it's predecessor. The only way to succeed in the endgame is to purchase your items. Terrible game from a greedy developer - stay away from this one. Expand
  101. Jun 22, 2012
    Aaah, Diablo... Whatever this is, it ain't diablo. If blizzard would still care about what it's customers want from a game i'd remind them of the following self-evident things : 1) These things do NOT belong in an ARPG : - Cooldown timers on skills - Enrage timers on monsters - A limit on the number of skills that can be used equal to the number of available slots of an action bar -Aaah, Diablo... Whatever this is, it ain't diablo. If blizzard would still care about what it's customers want from a game i'd remind them of the following self-evident things : 1) These things do NOT belong in an ARPG : - Cooldown timers on skills - Enrage timers on monsters - A limit on the number of skills that can be used equal to the number of available slots of an action bar - Frustating progression based gameplay with constant gear-checks and lots of kiting - A constant stream of badly animated cutscenes that can't be auto-skipped - Bland itemization by using an MMO-like stat system and basing damage output on weapon base damage - A RMAH to which players are forced in various ways to find the gear upgrades necessary to progress in-game in any reasonable amount of time - Lack of a singleplayer as well as a LAN-play option. And on top of all that 2) These things do NOT belong in a Diablo game : - Colourful "happy sunshine" graphics - A ridiculously stupid story - The death of Deckard Cain - Tons of breakable objects with NO purpose whatsoever. The Diablo franchise has forever been ruined. The only things done right are the sound effects and the basic gameplay, which should be and still is the most important, but it just doesn't cut it, sadly enough... Congratulations Blizzard, you achieved the unimaginable. Rip Blizzard North. Back to LOD for me. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012