Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Just accept that they don't get what is fun anymore, and they don't care! The console release only FURTHER proves that all Activision cares about for Blizzard is retail sales and profits. The fact that the AH are being completely removed all together just PROVES TENFOLD that we were all completely right since the beginning and let's not forget the 3 search field AH for items with 7+Just accept that they don't get what is fun anymore, and they don't care! The console release only FURTHER proves that all Activision cares about for Blizzard is retail sales and profits. The fact that the AH are being completely removed all together just PROVES TENFOLD that we were all completely right since the beginning and let's not forget the 3 search field AH for items with 7+ affixes, real smart 'design'. Now they are trying to introduce a "Loot 2.0" system which is a f*****g b****slap to the ENDLESS plethora of players (including myself) who could not get past the fact that the itemization in this game is 100% absolutely wrong and altogether functionally a pile of s**t.

How can you deliver a game with ABSOLUTELY NO customization whatsoever on any character class and have the "Unique" and "Set" items be the WORST items in the entire game!? Where is any shred of logic or reason here? Not to mention how unbelievably ridiculously difficult it is to even get a "unique" item to even drop with 400%+ MF, it makes not one bit of difference because as soon as you ID that item it is useless salvage garbage. The best weapons in the game were blue items, the best item affixes you could find were rares. So basically in the beginning of the game all of the "elite" players had high dps blue weapons and most likely full rare equipment besides maybe 1 unique jewelry.

There was absolutely no end game content right from the get go and then they tried to introduce the key drops system and monster power as well as infernal machine. The entire game and all of these patches just felt like obvious panicked 'hotfixes' to try and keep more of the player base around for longer. This just proved again and AGAIN how ridiculously completely unfinished the game was with all of the aspects added that should have been there from before even a pathetic beta test.

Whether they will ever outright admit all of their mistakes and apologize to players they told were wrong but proved 200% right remains to be seen but at this point means nothing. Because even after they try to roll out as many changes as they want to try to remedy a completely broken s**t game, the structure of the game and character progression is COMPLETELY wrong and is still MOST of the problem for 'Diablo' franchise players. They are willing to accept change or "progression" in your eyes but COMPLETELY STRIPPING the game franchise of any character, attribute or skill customization is ridiculous and downright condemning to the point of dissolving the company if you ask me.

For some reason since the 'justin bieber' success of WoW, Blizzard/Activblindness decided it would be a good idea to completely and utterly destroy the 'Diablo' franchise and release a apathetic chin-drool dribbling braindead watered down streamlined bastard child that was "Diablo 3". When did they higher game designers that are ridiculous "Macintosh" retards? This game and all aspects of it's design reek of a putrid stomach curdling "Machintosh" or "iphone" design in that it is a plain piece of crap that everyone has exactly the same one and it looks nice on the surface but underneath it all everything is a nonfunctional piece of crap that can accomplish absolutely nothing except for chatting, and handcuffing you with hordes and HORDES OF POINTLESS UNNECESSARY DRM.

If you are a non-Mac PC user then you should steer 100% clear of D3 because the design makes little to no sense just like an iphone or any other macintosh product. Also for you loser fanboy mac retards "Apple" Records Corps was founded before the modern age of digital electronics so you are MACINTOSH. You don't even have the remote amount of respect deserved to be called "Apple" which actually represents a MUCH more important part of history. Also if you just listen to any true PC gamer they will give you an actual REALISTIC review of this p.o.s. game.

ALL of the BS "major media" game reviewers gave this game high reviews WHICH IS A COMPLETE LIE! And what is the point of EVEN HAVING a review system at all if you can just be bought off so easily?!? That means that your grading scale is ridiculously inconsistent and falsified because it marks down great games repeatedly and then HUGE HOLES AND MISTAKES in broken junk bastard child garbage like this just somehow go unnoticed?!?! How can anyone take these game review outlets seriously anymore? If you are just BLATANTLY outright lying to people's faces in print and online why should anyone ever both to pay attention to anything that comes out of those diarrhea ridden jokes for "publication".

D3 was a complete unfinished joke, WoW D3 End of Blizzard Beginning of Bastardvison

PoE is out now and 100% free to download and play 'not-for-profit' through Steam. PoE offers you EVERYTHING and MORE that you wanted to see out of a modern ARPG inspired by and evolving on the D1 & D2 style that PC gamers truly loved and enjoy to play.

GO DOWNLOAD PoE!!!
  2. Mar 13, 2014
    Just awful, was kind off enjoyable for the first few hours it took to run through the game. Then you realize it's always going to be the same linear piece of **** and you get a sour taste of hate and regret in your mouth.

After about a month I had entirely forgotten about it, and so had most other people. It's not memorable at all, it's bad. It has little to no replayabilty and is dumbed down so much that it doesn't even make sense to continue after you've tried out all your abilities. Not to mention the stupid DRM and what ever stupid decisions Blizzard decided to implement, I don't remember exactly what they were but I remember them being the dumbest thing I had heard in a long time at the time.

Goes to show that you cannot trust professional game reviewers.

Avoid at all cost
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    when I picked up the demo I thought I was going to be given a new experience, not a generic hack and slash from 1997 with colorful dialog thrown in the the fun of it. besides all of the hours put into abilities and voice overs this game doesn't fly too far from generic, generic holy trinity click fest garbage. Where is all this hype about the expansion coming from? its the game thing butwhen I picked up the demo I thought I was going to be given a new experience, not a generic hack and slash from 1997 with colorful dialog thrown in the the fun of it. besides all of the hours put into abilities and voice overs this game doesn't fly too far from generic, generic holy trinity click fest garbage. Where is all this hype about the expansion coming from? its the game thing but with more things in it besides new innovative game-play. Expand
  4. Apr 4, 2014
    I think its fair to say that this game tanked bad, and their is no coming back to the high score that Diablo 2 set back in the day. In fact the only game now that comes close to that type of game play is Path of Exile. This game deserves only a zero anyone else who score above that has no respect for themselves and like have not played since the First Diablo. The game Has gotten better nowI think its fair to say that this game tanked bad, and their is no coming back to the high score that Diablo 2 set back in the day. In fact the only game now that comes close to that type of game play is Path of Exile. This game deserves only a zero anyone else who score above that has no respect for themselves and like have not played since the First Diablo. The game Has gotten better now since the roll out of ROS and I rated it a 6 for fixing many issues with the game. In all I feel that the game has been ruined and they need to move on and retire all three of these giant titles. Lets do somethings fresh Blizzard I think many would agree that we are getting tired of **** games being released from big vendors like yourself. Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2014
    In first place (in terms of gameplay) Diablo 3 has NOTHING in common with its "predecessor" more than the point & click isometric system. Diablo 2 is ARPG while Diablo 3 is Hack'n Slash, i.e. has banished all "RPG content" from the game, so at max level your character will be exactly the same of all characters in the entire game only differentiated in items like each kind of non-rpg games.In first place (in terms of gameplay) Diablo 3 has NOTHING in common with its "predecessor" more than the point & click isometric system. Diablo 2 is ARPG while Diablo 3 is Hack'n Slash, i.e. has banished all "RPG content" from the game, so at max level your character will be exactly the same of all characters in the entire game only differentiated in items like each kind of non-rpg games.

The game itself is absolutely CASUAL in each possible level, you can use all your skills at any time and they are not leveled, new features as paragon and such are only extensions of a boring and unrewarding game system in which if you "end" any possible progression obtaining certain items, that closes the opportunity to make builds playing with stats and skill trees...

But maybe the worse is its "DRM" system without offline mode, so you can't play it without a connection even in single player campaign, and of course you can't improve it with mods, so, you has a "successor" of a game with Offline, LAN and Online, but without two of its game modes, is one of the few times in which a successor has LESS than its predecessor...

I will not mention the "Pay2Win" from earlier version but shame of you Blizzard for convert the best ARPG franchise in a parody at each possible level, shame!

I finish my disclaimer pointing that its "expansion" (that is not an expansion but a different game, should be named "Diablo 4"), has changed almost ALL of the gameplay confirming (directly from Blizzard itself) that the original Diablo 3 sucks.

Blizzard, I will never forgive you, you can be awesome in the rest of your games but converting Diablo 3 in a MMO like WoW (and its "expansion" confirms this tendency) is a crime against the people who made this franchise famous.
  6. Oct 3, 2015
    An absolute abomination in the Diablo franchise. Websites and magazines gave it high scores almost entirely out of hype, and also because of a rush to get scores out as soon as possible, which gave them no time to actually extensively play the game, which is what is required to see it for what it truly is. Diablo 3 is a small, shallow game that strips away most everything that made DiabloAn absolute abomination in the Diablo franchise. Websites and magazines gave it high scores almost entirely out of hype, and also because of a rush to get scores out as soon as possible, which gave them no time to actually extensively play the game, which is what is required to see it for what it truly is. Diablo 3 is a small, shallow game that strips away most everything that made Diablo great. The combat and polish to the game feels absolutely fantastic, however, so on a quick play through you might swear you are trudging through a fantastic game. It's only skin deep, though, and the fanbase knows it.

Please, do not buy and support this game. It represents everything that is wrong in the gaming industry. The development team was madly out of touch with the player base. It disrespected the Diablo lore, franchise and game mechanics, and it just flat-out has no real depth... Player-dealt Elemental damage is purely aesthetic with no actual nuanced function, Itemization is simplified down to "get more strength to deal damage" or "get more dexterity to deal damage" or "get more intelligence to deal more damage." Depth is just nonexistent. A horrible death sentence to a game that is supposed to thrive on its replayability.

Go play Path of Exile instead. The combat is clunkier and it lacks the polish of a Blizzard game, but it is free and if you stick with it, you will be rewarded with a wildly deep game that demolishes Diablo 3.
  7. May 9, 2016
    No depth, all grind

lategame turns into paragon grinding, and TONS of your power simply comes from that. almost no customization whatsoever because there is hardly any real character "builds" to speak of in this game. there is no stat leveling, it's auto there is no skill leveling, you can swap them out at any time gear is all sets at end game, so instead of choosing 7-8 pieces of
    No depth, all grind

there is no stat leveling, it's auto
    there is no skill leveling, you can swap them out at any time
    gear is all sets at end game, so instead of choosing 7-8 pieces of gear catering to your build or play style you basically choose ONE piece of gear then go the play style blizzard wants you to play.

Honestly this game is just straight up INSULTING to actual lovers of the action-rpg genre
    this is not diablo
    this is not a real action rpg
    at BEST and if you take it for what it is, it's a decent isometric arcade beatem up.
    it was basically the next gauntlet game.

Only good a-rpg I can see coming maybe lineage eternal or lost ark. A real drought lately.

Grim dawn was pretty fun.

Torchlight 2 was great, could have been perfect with just a tad bit more content but overall awesome game.

Wasn't a fan of POE

Blizzard please never touch a diablo game ever again, let someone else develop the next one.
  8. JLF
    May 15, 2012
    As was expected, the game is way below it's predecessor. Constant connection requirement, real money auction house, 4 player maximum, cartoonish art style, bans for using display sharpening software and 2 hour short game are only the tip of the iceberg.
    With this installment, ActivisionBlizzard have finally secured themselves a spot in my top 5 most hated developer list.
  9. May 15, 2012
    What a disappointment.
    After over a decade of waiting this is what we get?
    What a disappointment.
    After over a decade of waiting this is what we get?
    A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the gameplay has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use the Auction House, increasing Blizzard's revenue.
    The voice acting is horrid, on par with a bad B grade movie at the best of times while the story is such a joke Stephanie Meyer could have written a better piece of fiction in 3 months and this took then 6 years.
    The always online DRM is the icing on the cake.
    I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by something I was looking forward to in my entire life.
  10. May 15, 2012
    This game is just bad.
    You can't log in due to **** servers.
    It is only 2-6 hours long.
    Real money auction house
    Graphics that are just appalling.
    Retcons its own ending.
    No Pokemon like in WoW.
  11. May 15, 2012
    Lol Don't speak out on the General Forums about Diablo 3. they will BAN you without a moments notice. I got banned and have no idea why I was even banned. With that said.. game is failure. The fact of the matter is if the servers go down. you no longer have access to your single player game. ALSO the game can be BEAT, DONE, FINISHED in LESS than 5 HOURS! i mean Holy crap. 5 hours REALLY?!Lol Don't speak out on the General Forums about Diablo 3. they will BAN you without a moments notice. I got banned and have no idea why I was even banned. With that said.. game is failure. The fact of the matter is if the servers go down. you no longer have access to your single player game. ALSO the game can be BEAT, DONE, FINISHED in LESS than 5 HOURS! i mean Holy crap. 5 hours REALLY?! First Person shooters have longer single player modes than that. and about the same amount of replay-ability in multiplayer. but Diablo 3 which took YEARS to develop they deliver a 4 to 5 hour game. Pffft Save me. I wish i could get my money back. but this review will have to do. Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    If you get to play this game you are lucky! Seriously overloaded servers on the day 1... They run a stress test weeks before release date and still they can't get it right. This is embarrassing even for a indie studio and we are talking here about a world wide giant gaming company and they have so much failz!
    Seriously if have not bought the game yet DON'T not for at least a month let
    Seriously if have not bought the game yet DON'T not for at least a month let them get their stuff in order first.
    A serious disappointment i have had a chance to play for about 20 mins today and I paid good money for this game. Frankly you could get a hooker for longer than this cheaper than this.
  13. May 15, 2012
    I'm not sure who at Blizz/Activision thought it was a good idea *cough* Bobby Kotick *cough*, but loot is the reason for this game! It's not a lie or point of opinion, if you played as much D2 or Diablo 2 knock offs as me you know that's the drive, hell back when D3 was first previewing Blizzard at the time said so themselves ( I also got to play the game back then it was WAAY better andI'm not sure who at Blizz/Activision thought it was a good idea *cough* Bobby Kotick *cough*, but loot is the reason for this game! It's not a lie or point of opinion, if you played as much D2 or Diablo 2 knock offs as me you know that's the drive, hell back when D3 was first previewing Blizzard at the time said so themselves ( I also got to play the game back then it was WAAY better and way more hectic). So adding a real money auction house is just nonsense, for any other game it'd be like buying the end of the game, or being able to pay money to get a max lv character in WoW. Expand
  14. May 15, 2012
    Pros: Clean polished game that has a good progression tempo
    Cons: online DRM! No character customization! Poor story so far! Unstable launch!
    Pros: Clean polished game that has a good progression tempo

Comments: This reminds me more of Diablo 1 and Gauntlet (arcade game from the 80's) than anything more recent and innovative. Blizzard is stagnating! 10-15 years ago the company was all about innovation, but now we see the likes of Starcraft and Diablo that harken to the old days and bring nothing fresh and new to the table. This is how companies die, by sitting back on their laurels. Blizzard = RIM? Time will tell...
  15. May 15, 2012
    Pre-purchaces the game for 60 euro only forr look for main screen for a whole day. Bunch of errors prevent me for playing the game. So bad servers and support that i hardly believe it.
  16. May 15, 2012
    If you buy this game, the only thing you purchase is the ability to give blizzard even more money through the in-game auction house which they tax all transactions on despite owning everything that goes through it in the first place.
  17. May 15, 2012
    A sad game for gaming. It is a shame they had to ruin a great franchise just for milking the name for money. The intrusive access control known as DRM(Digital Rights Management) is hurting the game the most here here.
  18. May 15, 2012
    I think I know why they didn't want to allow people to play single player without connecting to their servers. They must have been afraid no one would want to buy it if they tried it out first. The new style of the game is crap, the awesome dark mood of diablo 2 has been done away with and replaced by wow graphics and artistic style. People complained about this very often on blizzardI think I know why they didn't want to allow people to play single player without connecting to their servers. They must have been afraid no one would want to buy it if they tried it out first. The new style of the game is crap, the awesome dark mood of diablo 2 has been done away with and replaced by wow graphics and artistic style. People complained about this very often on blizzard forums, especially after trying the beta. Many suggestions were made on how to improve the game but went by ignored by the developers. They also went through and removed as much choice from the game as possible. Sure there were problems in the previous iterations of the game but the new developers did not handle them correctly. Expand
  19. May 15, 2012
    Lack of character customization, wow like graphics, gameplay about 6 hours long, couple that with the fact that you can't even log in because of the stupid drm. God forbid people pirate games so you have to have a constant internet connection EVEN FOR SINGLE PLAYER.
  20. May 15, 2012
    Graphics - 3/10 Looks like a game from 2004.

Art - 3/10 Everything is foggy and gray, you can barely see any details. The characters don't look too good, kinda like WoW. Animations - 5/10 my monk has an axe and a shield, but when he attacks he puts them aside and punch, since currently there are no animations for the monk for anything except staff and fist weapons... Music - 5/10 Basic
    Graphics - 3/10 Looks like a game from 2004.

Music - 5/10 Basic background tunes.

Voice Acting - 2/10 Horrible.

Game play - 5/10 Dumbed down Diablo 2 game play. The mobs walk up to you and smack you, you hit them, they die, you win. While in D1&2 I'd make sure I cleared the entire level before moving on, in D3 I'm just glad I found the way to the next level already. No innovation whatsoever, totally mediocre.

Stability - 3/10 Logging in takes about 30 min because of error messages due to high server load. Whispers fail, party chat is broken.

I cannot believe this is a Blizzard game, it's like something I'd expect from EA. Do not buy, unless it's sold for under 8$.
  21. May 16, 2012
    Servers are finally working and this game is amazing. I'm going to be playing this for months, if not years. The gameplay is fast and action packed, the story is really cool and the graphics are pretty, while still keeping true to the Diablo series.
  22. May 15, 2012
    Been gaming for a long time. 30 years. This is one of the first times i can remember getting a game that isn't an mmo that will not allow me to play without being logged into to some fantasy account. Dying in Single player because of internet lag is definitely a step in the wrong direction.
  23. May 16, 2012
    Oh dang, I just wasted $80. It's like you bought a Big Mac Meal at drive through, and opened the bag at home to find only a half-eaten Cheeseburger with no pickles.
  24. May 16, 2012
    This game is about an 8 or a 9 when you can play it, but as a single player game with an always on connection it thus far deserves no better than a 1. Single player games which you get lagged out of, or can't log in because servers are too busy aren't single player games at all. If Blizz wanted to make this always on, they should have just made this World of Diablo and called it an MMO.
  25. May 17, 2012
    This is a disgrace. Would have though Blizzard of all companies could have handled this well. Very disappointed. The customer service is crap. I mean what the hell, you can't change your character's server region when the game chooses the wrong for you in the beginning? FU blizzard. You deserve nothing from me anymore.
  26. May 17, 2012
    Causalized game with too short campaign, server side singleplayer, it's ridiculous. I've never heard before that you have to be in queue for a singleplayer game. This is just a milking of the franchise, go buy Torchlight 2 instead.
  27. May 18, 2012
    Its a bad dungeon crawler with the Diablo name on it. The game is actually less than its predecessors. I'd rather play Dungeon Hunter Alliance and that's sad.
  28. May 18, 2012
    D3 has reduced the series to something else, its not the game it should be. Its overly simplified to the point where you could most likely teach a chimpanzee to play it. On the opening day, its riddled with errors, which normally would be expected but not from blizzard who run the biggest MMOs in the world. SC2 and WoW. This is a game which was developed for 10 years, I feel I could haveD3 has reduced the series to something else, its not the game it should be. Its overly simplified to the point where you could most likely teach a chimpanzee to play it. On the opening day, its riddled with errors, which normally would be expected but not from blizzard who run the biggest MMOs in the world. SC2 and WoW. This is a game which was developed for 10 years, I feel I could have gotten a degree in software writing, rendering, modelling and texturing and made a better game in the same timeframe. The lack of single player feels stingy and irritating, as the previous 2 games were primarily based on single player. The cash shop allows players to pay to win, the annoying thing is of course that you cannot choose to not play with these people as there is no singleplayer, playing the game requires you remain online. Similarly, the feel of the game, that is, the music, the texturing etc isn't in a unique style. Personally it feels cartoonish and unrealistic, so much so that the 128 colour graphics of d2 are more realistic. The music feels like they were trying to improve on a masterpiece by rewriting Tristram's theme. If you have played Diablo 1 or 2. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. If you haven't and this is your first game ever, there's a good chance you may enjoy it. Expand
  29. May 19, 2012
    I waited for a long time for starcraft 2 to be released and when it did I was not dissapointed not at all. To be honest I expected exactly the same when I played Diablo 3. Same attention to detail, better graphics and an amazing story line. I thought that there was no ways Blizzard would ever dissapoint me, but shockingly they have. Diablo looks and plays almost exactly like Titans Quest,I waited for a long time for starcraft 2 to be released and when it did I was not dissapointed not at all. To be honest I expected exactly the same when I played Diablo 3. Same attention to detail, better graphics and an amazing story line. I thought that there was no ways Blizzard would ever dissapoint me, but shockingly they have. Diablo looks and plays almost exactly like Titans Quest, a game thats how old now? Although it must be said that Titans Quest did allow you alot more variety when it came to character customization. Can I get my money back? If anyone is thinking of buying this game expecting something great yourâ Expand
  30. Sep 23, 2012
    Review reduced from 1 to 0 after playing Torchlight 2. This game is bad, but in comparison to TL is it down right horrible. Torchlight... Thank you...
  31. May 20, 2012
    Problem whit connection in a single player game? ROTFL. If you give a game that requires being online you have to be prepared for that. Blizzard went back in development, and be able to apply solutions from StarCraft 2. Achivments only online, is a sick idea. = 3/10
  32. May 20, 2012
    Extremely expensive game with poor graphics and a bad story. It requires constant connection to the internet to play and the servers are always busy/down.
  33. May 20, 2012
    Game itself is nice - nothing revolutionary as compared to Diablo 2, but still lots of hack-n-slash fun (if that's your thing).

Always-online DRM is the worst decision Blizzard could make, since they are clearly unable to keep server part of Diablo online. Why not give people ability to create "offline-only" characters for people who don't plan to use auctions? And as one of the people

And as one of the people with unstable internet connections I honestly cannot understand, why I should be having lags and disconnects while playing a 80-Euro single-player game?

At the moment of the writing this it is Sunday afternoon - and Battle.net servers are hopelessly down, with official response "we cannot tell you when they will be back online, we do not know it ourselves" from Blizzard.

So yeah, 1 point for the effort.
  34. May 20, 2012
    Terrible servers. Completely obscure patching - in a day where company transparency is key, Blizzard is hellbent on letting players in the dark (no official patch until now either). Graphics look ok (even though they're outdated the art direction is good) but the engine is beyond bad. Better looking games run smoother and with less memory leaking.

The game itself is a mess. Writing is

The game itself is a mess. Writing is beyond terrible, plot is predictable, no immersion, itemization is poor and created to force you to use the auction house. Game is incredibly easy and scripted bosses have absolutely no change in their AI or move sets in the higher difficulties. Game is also very short. Did I mention the always online-DRM?

There's pretty much no redeeming quality to this game.
  35. May 20, 2012
    Fellow Diabloers, my warm heart goes out to you. For we cannot be one when this game is such a poor connection. Could blizzard please show mercey? Us gamers cannot be in the diablo realm when the story is so poor, and the graphics are so bad!!! Oh, Blizzard! Have merceeeeeeeey!!!!!!
  36. May 21, 2012
    Scoring this game has two components: this game itself and its online part. First: the game is not bad at all, a quality dungeon crawler. If you like that sort of game you wouldn't be disappointed.

But what makes this game barely bearable is its online cluster **** First days error 37 is known even by many who don't play that game. Even more annoying than that are the lag spikes if you managed to get online. And now even my account is being compromised, gone is all equip and gold farmed in the last 40 hours of playtime.

So, what remains is simply a unplayable experience. I don't bother with CS to restore my account and just let it be. After all it's not that ground breaking that it's worth it ...
  37. May 22, 2012
    What a disappointment! Blizzard showed they do not give two $hit$ about their fans or what we want. After all this time they could have easily given us a masterpiece but they opted for the easy money. Blizzard will forever be synonymous with greed after this eff up. Shame on you.
  38. May 23, 2012
    One word: DATED.

I can't believe all the positive reviews from "estbalishment" sites. This game is dated in plot, execution, and all sorts of peripherals. Can't change camera angle, graphics are dated and yet hog resources, there is 0 replayability unless you want to redo the one main storyline multiple times... This was a good game 15 years ago, and unfortunately nothing has changed.
    One word: DATED.

I was shocked by how dated this game is, and I don't even have to mention the online issues.
  39. May 30, 2012
    Terrible game, end game is pointless and broken. The game has been abused from the beginning and a exploited to where a select group have free reign over the entire Auction House. The demand is only getting larger for act 3/4 items, whilst the supply is staying the same because the people who abused/exploited the game in the early stages are the only people who can obtain the gear.
  40. Jun 1, 2012
    I honestly don't know where to begin. The game fails on every level that the previous Diablo's built that their successes upon. The loot system is terrible and the drops are designed in such a way that you cannot progress without buying things from the Auction House. Melee like in almost every single game is terrible.

Loot Progression is horrible. Most Skills and Runes are unused.

Loot Progression is horrible.
    Most Skills and Runes are unused.
    Melee vs Ranged is unfair.
    Skill points blow.
  41. Jun 1, 2012
    At the surface, Diablo 3 is much better than most give it credit for. It has beautiful action, randomization enough to feel fresh, and a streamlined system. Even the lack of skillpoints will quickly be revealed to work wonderfully.

As you put some time into Diablo 3, you will start to see a bigger problem: a lack of variation. Not in the vistas, or models of your characters, or even abilities. The lack of variation instead stems from the core of the game: dungeons and items. Dungeons quickly become predictable despite randomization, and items all feel the same. Sure there are different stats, but all you really care about is DPS, followed by the single predefined stat for your character, and then perhaps some health or defense.
    The problem lies in the lack of impact items have on your character. Your wizard doesn't care if he uses a staff, sword, or crossbow: only what DPS the weapon gives. There are less secondary effects than in previous games, and they mean less. In the end, the item hunt is the same no matter what class or build you are playing, and all gameplay feels the same.

The above points only makes the game mediocre at worst. The real reason for the low score is the shoddy online mechanics. Weeks after the game launched, players still run into overloaded servers, lag, and extended downtime, with no real end in sight. A game is only a game if it can be played, and on this count, Diablo 3 stands on shaky ground.
  42. Jun 3, 2012
    Let me just play single-player without network problems! I'm seriously not buying anything with this DRM in the future. Sure, this is just a game, but that's precisely why you shouldn't frustrate your goddamn customer!
  43. Jun 7, 2012
    1 word: Boring.
    I played for about an hour and a half when I first got the game. I was only touched by 1 monster.
    How is that fun? In theory, if I play for 10 or 20 or however many dozens of hours... I can turn up the difficulty. great... fantastic even. Wake me when I get there.
  44. Jun 11, 2012
    A poorly balanced game that lacks everything that made the series fun. In order to get upgrades from loot drops, you have to kill monsters above your current level of gear, this becomes more and more impossible as you progress, and by Inferno becomes impossible. This makes the game eventually turn into "Auction House Tycoon" instead of Diablo. The auction house becomes as optional toA poorly balanced game that lacks everything that made the series fun. In order to get upgrades from loot drops, you have to kill monsters above your current level of gear, this becomes more and more impossible as you progress, and by Inferno becomes impossible. This makes the game eventually turn into "Auction House Tycoon" instead of Diablo. The auction house becomes as optional to game progression as a keyboard is option to using a computer, and basically drains all the fun from the game. You stop hunting for items and quickly start farming for gold to buy them from others instead.

Always online DRM is lag filled and further ruins the experience. I've literally lost track of the number of times I have died directly due to server lag. In a game like Diablo, thats ALL action, where every tenth of second matters...having a constant 150-200 ms connection ruins the game.

I would recommend avoiding, save your $60, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration, far too many bad choices made during development.
  45. Jun 13, 2012
    I honestly can't understand why people giving negative reviews are being called whiners and idiots.
    I was awaiting for this game with much anticipation, because I liked very much D2 and Titan Quest. Does love for D3 predecessors not count as main reason of anticipation? Am I an idiot just because D3
    does not stand to my expectation? Previous reviewers already mentioned main flaws of
    does not stand to my expectation?
    Previous reviewers already mentioned main flaws of Diablo 3. So I'll just make an accent on what made D3 very disappointing game for me.
    1. I can't play this game in the evening hours after my work, because of lag issue. I have good broadband internet connection and in the morning hours game was running OK. But in the evening I just can't play. Yes, I'm ashamed of throwing 60 bucks into waste basket. But we learn on our mistakes.
    I will never, ever buy another DRM game.
    2. We rate everything in our life compareing to previous experiences. So I don't understand why comparing D3 to its predecessors is not legitimate. In my opinion D3 is almost not replayable, which I cannot say about D2 or TQ., I played those games for a long, long time.
    3. Getting sword with intelligence stat in a game, where there is no cross-classing is not fun !!
    4. Being robbed of really good loot in a game that is mostly about loot - is not fun !!
    5. I don't whan't all this real money stuff, I just want good single player gaming experience

I'm very frustrated.

I'm
  46. Jun 16, 2012
    After a few weeks of play now, the end feeling is disapointment. The game is a total relentless grind with little OMG moments to make the journey really worth it. They should have tweaked the difficulty levels more so that as you progress into harder modes, you got something for your efforts - extra content? something that is more than just a mirror run with harder mobs. The way the elitesAfter a few weeks of play now, the end feeling is disapointment. The game is a total relentless grind with little OMG moments to make the journey really worth it. They should have tweaked the difficulty levels more so that as you progress into harder modes, you got something for your efforts - extra content? something that is more than just a mirror run with harder mobs. The way the elites get extra nastier abilities is kinda cool - but in the end to defeat those just becomes a 'die a few times -> learn the tactic -> repeat X times till dead' process.
    I've mainly been playing the Monk class, and at each level up - i check the new skills available - total disapointment there. I've not changed my toons spec for a long time. For all the effort of grinding levels, i'm still using skills gained from my first run through (below lvl 30). There seems little reward for gaining levels (hopefully different for other classes).
    I did like the story, the first time around, but that hardly matters after your first play through - there is no connection to the story after you've seen it once, it just comes down to progressing your toon.
    Loot - the stat assignment is just so random that again most loot pickups are annoying. Any non-magical loot is just wasted bag space and not worth carrying and again is annoying to continually keep dumping it from you bag. The loot part of the game really feels under done. DRM - sigh.... if this is a sign of things to come for PC games then that really makes me sad. I really do enjoy the social side of the game when online but there MUST be an OFFLINE mode available with any game (of this sort).
  47. Jun 18, 2012
    sweet jesus this game is bad, 12 years huh. what did they dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm soooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaste gaaaaaaaaaaah goood thing you could get a reeeeeeeeeeeeefunddddddddddddddddddddddddddd rip blizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardddddddddddddddd 1998
  48. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is a piece of crap. It forces you to be online even when playing SINGLE player. It lags like hell and disconnects you several times an hour.
  49. Jun 28, 2012
    I am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now thatI am a Blizzard fanboy, I buy whatever they made ever since Warcraft II. I was so eager for this title, awaiting it's darkness, it's evil undertones, it's epicness....I have met a wall. I did not find this in Diablo 3, actually I found a PRODUCT instead of an adventure. Blizzard has yet again made a game that it's HYPE outshines anything else. I actually enjoy D2 much more than D3 now that I have been camping inferno. There is nothing I enjoy in blizzards games anymore. I was disappointed in WoW Burning Crusade, Lich King, and now Cata. SC2 delivered with a fair game, fun pvp. D3 is now the nail in the coffin. I no longer will await anything from Blizzard. The games are just not fun anymore, they have been coporatized into a product for me to purchase instead of the drug i needed. Good luck in your future blizzard, and seriously consider taking a look at what D&D wizard is doing for the NEXT version. Notice how they are starting in a good direction. Take note, Expand
  50. Jul 11, 2012
    I feel the same as all the other negative reviwers. so not gonna repeat it. Dont like it, not Diablo worthy.
    Played it through ones and that was more than enough. Only finnished it becaouse it felt wrong not to
  51. Jul 18, 2012
    Taken by itself, out of the Diablo "universe" this game would still not be a "blockbuster." But it has/had big shoes to fill and it isn't filling them very well.
    From a very poorly constructed story-line to it's basic and simplistic character management, this game just isn't really all that fan after a few hours and has very little replay value to me. The loot drops generally aren't upgrades, and the fighting mechanics are pretty weak. Add to that Blizz's new business model to make a single player capable game still REQUIRE an internet connection, along with their not-so-quiet desire for the player to use the Real Money Auction House (an auction house where you buy equipment with real money, which Blizz gets a percentage every-time you buy or sell something off their. This game just feels like it's another money grab whose only success can be measured by how much they can make on a weekly or monthly basis. 1 million players at 60 bucks a game, is 60 million. Blizz says they sold over 5 million copies. That's over 300 million dollars. Yes that isn't enough; they want to nickel and dime the players too. Just a poor idea from a very very rich company.
    That said, it does have some redeeming qualities. It can be fun at times, for short periods of time. But the lasting appeal is really only going to be for those who sell things for real money, and those who are huge fans of Blizzard. If you played any of the previous versions of Diablo, however, buy at your own risk. Most of the "veteran" Diablo players are very unhappy - and understandably so.
  52. Jul 23, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the fan boys and critic reviews. Diablo 3 is a monetized scheme to get players to spend real money (Real Money Auction House) for virtual gear. Admittedly the game is quite fun from levels 1-59, but each difficulty level is an exact repeat of the previous level except that the mobs hit for more damage and are more difficult to kill. However, the endgame is nothing but aDon't be fooled by the fan boys and critic reviews. Diablo 3 is a monetized scheme to get players to spend real money (Real Money Auction House) for virtual gear. Admittedly the game is quite fun from levels 1-59, but each difficulty level is an exact repeat of the previous level except that the mobs hit for more damage and are more difficult to kill. However, the endgame is nothing but a gold grind to buy the necessary gear for completion of Inferno level. Another MAJOR issue with D3 is account hacks. Only a fool would spend real money on a virtual item just to have it ripped off. Finally, players are forced to use servers, there is not a client based platform. So when D3 servers are down you cant play. Expand
  53. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is reasonably entertaining for the first 20 hours or so (time for a run through normal->hell)

but after that it has quite literally 0 end game except for farming gold and buying from ah. In addition the combat is frustrating and progression is even more frustrating. Yes this is an ARPG that uses the term progression to describe you going through content. This game is essentially a single player top down version of WoW, Sounds like your kind of thing? Good, but not what the majority wanted from the successor to the greatest ARPG of all time.

Gets a 0 for taking money under false pretense of this being a sequel to diablo.
  54. Aug 17, 2012
    Oh Blizzard, you really screwed this one up. It is to be expected though, now that you have merged with those developer-killers, Activision. Your games have been going downhill since WoW: The Burning Crusade and this is just another nail in your coffin as far as a huge chunk of your fan base is concerned.
  55. Aug 18, 2012
    Why give this game a 0? Because it is sooo bad that Blizz has ruined PC Gaming for me. I played 150+ hours and NEVER once did I have anywhere near as much fun as the previous Diablos.. It is uninstalled now. Sadly Blizzards now possesses a deep seated contempt for us gamers.. Every patch that has been release has further enhanced the sucky elements of the game and made it less fun. IWhy give this game a 0? Because it is sooo bad that Blizz has ruined PC Gaming for me. I played 150+ hours and NEVER once did I have anywhere near as much fun as the previous Diablos.. It is uninstalled now. Sadly Blizzards now possesses a deep seated contempt for us gamers.. Every patch that has been release has further enhanced the sucky elements of the game and made it less fun. I started having more fun reading the forums and hearing other gamers complain rather than playing the game.. I CALL THIS A ZERO QUALITY GAME! If you had given the Titan's quest crew Diablo 3's budget we would be looking at a perfect 10 game. It is just criminal making a game this bad with this kind of budget. Now Blizzard is threatening people in the forums to stop complaining about the game or face account penalties. This game just feels like a conspiracy against gamers. Take something fun, and militarize into a money making job. So not fun, and terribly designed. Expand
  56. Aug 22, 2012
    A piece of s*** . No really. If you played in 1996 - this is the same game only worse.
    Graphics are bad, gameplay is bad, support is bad. Its terrible. DO NOT WAS YOUR MONEY ON THIS
  57. Sep 6, 2012
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great. - Couple of new features which never did exists on other convention RPG/HnS series before. - Well tested game as it contains almost no bug (at least non which renders the game unplayable) The Bad - Boring leveling system where character skill customization and stats is pretty much next to nil.
    The Good
    - Great background music and voice acting.
    - Graphic details are pretty great.

The Bad
    - Unbalanced game play and character progression where is it quite impossible to play the game till Inferno mode without using the auction house (well maybe if you play in groups).
    - Has an in-game economy system which should not exist on Single Play RPG games (I will emphasize on this very often because Blizzard did not market the game as MMORPG as it should be).
    - Item drop rates are very low which leads to dull constant farming run.
    - Once you reach max level on your character you lose purpose to play on (even with the new paragon system). - Low level legendary items have almost no impact to the game because it's somewhat impossible to find, thus you can only acquire them mostly on AH again. This makes the items meaningless unlike DII where you will constantly change gears which you find on your own.
    - Quests are very linear, guided and not very rewarding. One simple accomplish them to progress the game unlike DII where you get unique services (item imbue) or items (stat books)
    - Part of the game story and monsters are very much retold/reuse from previous games in the series which is extremely dull because players would want something new and surprising. Even map themes are a copy from DI and DII.
    - Requires constant internet connection to play (sometimes lag spikes appears and kills you)
    - Blizzard controls and locks players freedom to play. Gives players pressure to farm for items and gold for progression itself alone which is annoying and no fun for a game! All these should be optional on how a players wants to play. This is a problem with Blizzard these days. They simply dishes out how things should be and expect everyone to follow blindly. - Open maps are very static and even though dungeons are random generated each time it's relatively very similar.

Tonnes of other stuff which I find difficult to put into words but this game just doesn't have what it takes to attract me to play at all. Even the achievements are ridiculous. It just feels dull and have no purpose unlike it's predecessor.

To sum everything up (for those who are lazy to read), this game is definitely not worth the price/time and it is simply living on the legacy of its predecessor. I can't say the game is repetitive because I once did a 4 hours run on Mephisto in DII. No idea why I did that (for items or for the sake of leveling) either way, this game just don't seem to have the same attraction.
  58. Sep 22, 2012
    The game is a failure of epic proportions. Never before had game industry seen such a huge discrepancy between expectations and final result. The expectations were high because the game was in development like 6 years with huge budget and Blizzard seemed to be a trustworthy company.

But in the end what we've got is a primitive skill and item system and abysmally small amount of content. You run 3 times through the same short acts, it gets boring after seeing them once, and then comes the whooping inferno mode where you see all the same stuff for the 4th time, only this time you have to run more around the elite enemies and the only point of your repetitive actions is the hope of getting a better equipment so you can kill things faster and die less often. This chance is not just small, it is negligible, only people with no life can get something good from killing mobs 15 hrs a day, others have to use the auction. The bad item drop is probably the main problem for most people judging by the battlenet forums, but those people aren't actually seeing the whole picture - even if we were given D3 without the auction house, the game still won't lose its crappy mechanics where the powerful builds become obvious pretty fast and you are doomed to use the same 6 skills without even changing them slightly on occasion (against different type of mobs, for example). If you do, you lose a very important magic finding buff. What's even more important is that weapon and equipment system is intentionally designed to be boring, so that only a few of possible affixes are useful. This leads to a situation where they are hard to get (Blizzard wants people to become frustrated and use RMAH), but also there is no such thing as different possible types of the same gear, there is only ONE possible good option and others are inherently bad, you can't choose a different direction in accumulating bonuses on equipment.

Fortunately, we have Torchlight 2 now, so we all can forget about this miserable failure and never play it again. Jay Wilson is not the guy who can make great games, he is just a stupid and arrogant fat guy. I hope karma punishes him hard for ruining the great franchise and crushing our dreams and hopes.
  59. Sep 27, 2012
    My god... did I really wait this long to write my review? I guess it bummed me out that much. Anyway, fond memories brought me to Diablo at which point I woke up and wondered what the heck I was doing. I wasn't having fun. I should have understood that when I didn't have the urge to log in (urgh permaonline), I guess I was a bit of a welltrained humanbot. Congrats to Blizzard on thatMy god... did I really wait this long to write my review? I guess it bummed me out that much. Anyway, fond memories brought me to Diablo at which point I woke up and wondered what the heck I was doing. I wasn't having fun. I should have understood that when I didn't have the urge to log in (urgh permaonline), I guess I was a bit of a welltrained humanbot. Congrats to Blizzard on that account. They actually made me play something I didn't enjoy. Expand
  60. Sep 28, 2012
    After putting in several hundred hours in this game i feel absolutely disgusted with myself for wasting so much of my time and money on game made by developers who don't care about anything but $$. If you enjoy games with inflated economies filled with botters, hackers, and day traders (like runescape), this may be the game for you. Unfortunately most of the time you will find your selfAfter putting in several hundred hours in this game i feel absolutely disgusted with myself for wasting so much of my time and money on game made by developers who don't care about anything but $$. If you enjoy games with inflated economies filled with botters, hackers, and day traders (like runescape), this may be the game for you. Unfortunately most of the time you will find your self with a lacking feeling of reward or fun.

Also for an ARPG the randomization in this game is absolutely horrible. Very little replay value, and an incredibly unintelligent and boring story line.

Your time is better spent just playing its predecessors.
  61. Oct 1, 2012
    As an old Diablo 1 and 2 player, i can't believe this game was made. From an interesting story with amazing fights it ends to be a game designed to be an endless item farming game. With the ambitious plan by blizzard to implement the RMAH (Real money auction house), the game became an item hunt game. The acts are boring, the only one you may enjoy is Act3 but with a lot of lackingAs an old Diablo 1 and 2 player, i can't believe this game was made. From an interesting story with amazing fights it ends to be a game designed to be an endless item farming game. With the ambitious plan by blizzard to implement the RMAH (Real money auction house), the game became an item hunt game. The acts are boring, the only one you may enjoy is Act3 but with a lot of lacking gameplay. Too many old mobs & bosses appearances making it really lacking on creativity. It's a clear disaster from blizzard, trying to revive an old game that wasn't needed to bring back. Expand
  62. Oct 19, 2012
    Good until I reached level 60...After level 60 game became extremely repetitive, I mean i get it, this game is about getting better and better stuff isnt it? well my hope to loot a legendary or a set item kept me playing this game and finally....FINALLY got my 1rst legendary:

a crossbowvery good stats but...543dps, price in AH = 50k gold It's been almost 2 months since the last time

a crossbowvery good stats but...543dps, price in AH = 50k gold

It's been almost 2 months since the last time I logged in, I played this game 183 hours so I know what im talking about, being a Wizard I suffered patch 1.0.4 nerf, when I read about another nerf to my CM build in the upcoming 1.0.5 patch which took me those 183 hours to get the items I just stoped playing

And that's about the gameplay, I won't get started on the low fps/stuttering issues but to resume that problem:

I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW ALIENWARE AND GUESS WHAT? I CAN'T GET MORE THAN 25FPS IN COMBAT. I opened a ticket in customer support but they couldn't help me

My hope in this game is dead. Don't even try the demo, this crap is not worth it
  63. Nov 4, 2012
    How can you take the Diablo franchise and turn it into this? I loved the original, like Diablo II even more, but this falls flat. (how many years did I wait for this?) Yes lots of clicking and killing things, but the story, or lack of it is a big issue. They took everything special out of the game and made it feel mechanical.. Not the Diablo I remember and love.
  64. Dec 8, 2012
    Game is horrible..and patch by patch is going down to the bottom! At least when it was without a nerf at the start the game was a bit good...but later on, they were complaining about drops and then it came the disaster! Its an auction house game so if you multiply by 10x the item drops, the prices are going down so you left with only 2-3 good items to make gold-money. I'm not talking aboutGame is horrible..and patch by patch is going down to the bottom! At least when it was without a nerf at the start the game was a bit good...but later on, they were complaining about drops and then it came the disaster! Its an auction house game so if you multiply by 10x the item drops, the prices are going down so you left with only 2-3 good items to make gold-money. I'm not talking about the other hand negatives - internet connection issues-graphics-skills... after all its based on pay to win... So many years of waiting and many old school gamers dissapointed including me. Expand
  65. Dec 25, 2012
    When you look at a trilogy of games and think to yourself, "The first one was better than this." you have to stop and really start to think. I played Diablo 3 for about 250 hours with a single character and around 30 hours on every other character. The vast majority of that was begrudging game play. Mind you all but the last 48 hours of play was before the implementation of the RMAH ...When you look at a trilogy of games and think to yourself, "The first one was better than this." you have to stop and really start to think. I played Diablo 3 for about 250 hours with a single character and around 30 hours on every other character. The vast majority of that was begrudging game play. Mind you all but the last 48 hours of play was before the implementation of the RMAH ... and in the last 6 months - maybe 10 hours if i'm (extremely) generous with the estimation. I was willing to accept that this was a new era in RPGs and though some of the core elements were the same - this was going to be a glorified hack and slash when compared to it's predecessors. But wait, weren't D1 and D2 just hack and slash games by that standard? Well, yes and no - did you do a lot of hacking and slashing? yup! did you get penalized for changing up your strategy when you hit an overpowered group of mobs? nope! I mean, they talk about the skill systems versatility, but penalize you for changing skill sets per encounter ... which is very counter-intuitive for the type of game that it is. What about the areas? Well, they're really pretty - but rather than side quest tunnels and pits being a sizable sprawl of enemies they're way too succinct. Going through them seems like an interruption to the linear quest rail rather than an exploration mechanism. It might feel better if you went into a side area and actually found a unique or rare monster, and even better if you would get something good (or at least valuable in gold) - but there's obviously a major disparity between good items and useful items. The sound is great! The cinematics are beautiful! The story was filled with horrible cliched characters and poor story telling (including but not limited to plot holes, continuity problems, incorrect lore, and a heavy reliance on technology over substance). The game's engine is solid but the multiplayer is almost enough to make me want to quit playing any other game online! As a whole it is definitely not greater than the sum of it's parts ... very much the opposite unfortunately. Other games released this year have done much better in capturing the essence of Diablo's game play and story telling. Expand
  66. Mar 8, 2013
    Extremely repetitive and more importantly BORING! Good graphics but that is it. They designed the game around an auction house instead of designing it around the player. Check out their website they have finally admitted how bad the auction house has been for the game. If you want to use the auction house all the time might as well get into stocks.
  67. Mar 12, 2013
    Repetitive, boring, no imagination, terrible dialog, horrible technical issues early on, pay to win ingrained in its DNA. This game was made for another time. AVOID AT ALL COST.
  68. Apr 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Biggest game disappointment in my life. The most fun I had playing this game was chatting with people while playing, the game is so bad it has more value of a chat room than a game. After 6 hours I wasn't having fun anymore, tried to give it a chance to 12 hours before giving out. The only thing I was impressed with was the seamless exit and retry from the auction house to the game. Too many negatives to list off, so I'll just hit the low points, the games graphics, style and control are archaic they belong in the past 10 years ago so lets start with that. The auction house ruins the joy of finding loot. O yes and the fact I per-ordered my $60 game and couldn't play for the first week. Ok I can't waste anymore of my life on Diablo 3 this review is over!!! Expand
  69. Jun 19, 2013
    Reasons to avoid like the plague: ERROR 37. Real Money Auction House. Itemization. Class Balance. Repetitive. Ugly. Candy colours designed for children. Incredibly clichéd and poor plot.

Just buy Torchlight 2, you're better off playing that game... on so many levels.
  70. Aug 18, 2013
    Totally disappointed: graphic style copied from wow, and totally opposed to the dark environment in Diablo 1&2 gameplay absolutely unbalanced: it is too easy,and that makes it utterly boring.
    No PVP,internet connection required to play offline; real money auction unbalances even more the games mechanics.
    The player stats are now fixed WHY ?!
    After 12 years... Such a failure.
  71. Mar 24, 2014
    I do not know why Blizzard work with the Diablo so many years, but Diablo 3 is just a misunderstanding. Boring, uninspired and without any interesting innovations. After a 4 hour session I was sick - I was thinking whether to buy a DLC "reaper of souls", but no, never!. The conclusion is simple, if you want to modern "Diablo" experience buy a Dark Souls series - This games have exactlyI do not know why Blizzard work with the Diablo so many years, but Diablo 3 is just a misunderstanding. Boring, uninspired and without any interesting innovations. After a 4 hour session I was sick - I was thinking whether to buy a DLC "reaper of souls", but no, never!. The conclusion is simple, if you want to modern "Diablo" experience buy a Dark Souls series - This games have exactly feeling like Diablo should have. Expand
  72. Apr 8, 2014
    I came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There isI came from the originals. Diablo and Diablo 2. Played the crap out of both those games. This game though, is a total failure. I can't even justify giving it a partial score, it's just a broken game! Lets start with the basics. The storyline? Very linear and bland. The graphics? Way too cartoon-like. The mechanics? Poorly executed and poorly driven. The overall action element? There is none. You feel like you're watching your character instead of playing. And the big kicker... ONLINE ONLY PLAYING! WHY???

Blizzard needs to learn a lesson about this game. You cannot make a fan of the series wait this long for a game and then shovel tons of brown gunk down their throats. I paid full price for this game, $69.99. It was way way way WAY over priced and was not worth my time in the long run.

Blizzard also needs to learn that capitalism does not work in the gaming industry. You only trap STUPID people when you jack up the price of crap. The smart people will eventually avoid you as a developer in the long run.

The next thing to break me away from Blizzard completely will be when they introduce micro-transacting. That will be the point at which Blizzard is no longer in it for making good games, they are in it totally for the money.

Shame that a developer has to go down this path...Shame...
  73. Oct 4, 2014
    Everything has been already said. Fortunately i have not bought this game, just played beta and in 1 free beta weekend and i knew this game is gonna be bad. Released 11 years after D2 LOD, and it's cut. It doesnt even contain half of old game features, and these are the most important things like skill tree, attributes points and so on. D3 is designed just to GRIND, just like WOW, you walkEverything has been already said. Fortunately i have not bought this game, just played beta and in 1 free beta weekend and i knew this game is gonna be bad. Released 11 years after D2 LOD, and it's cut. It doesnt even contain half of old game features, and these are the most important things like skill tree, attributes points and so on. D3 is designed just to GRIND, just like WOW, you walk milion times to kill the same bosses and get items, yeah i know D2 was about this too, but there you could build characters in milion diffrent ways, playing sorcerer with two-handed axe if you want. This was freedom, And what about D3? Click on monster, kill it, get items and thats basicly it, nothing more. It maybe fun to play with friends, beat all levels and stuff, but what then? Uninstall. I have not been that disappointed in a loong loong time. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    +Decent graphics. -Always online DRM, -Lack of skill diversity, -Connection errors, -Play to win, -Short story. This game is a step back from Diablo 2, so I recommend avoiding it.
  75. May 15, 2012
    The game is great, but with the error37 and the constants internet "check in" make this a bad game" Why this blizzard?? We bought your game, we want have it.
  76. May 15, 2012
    Huge disappointment. The game is boring like hell. It's not diablo, it's a casual game like Actimoney knows how to make... Blizzard is definitively dead. Really sad.
  77. May 15, 2012
    So i get the game today and the servers are full so ive just paid £30 to not be able to play a game. Brilliant...classic blizzard, no doubt i wont be able to play the game for the next week due to server instability. Just another example of DRM ruining everything for the gaming community led by blizzard! Also the beta was uninspiring and boring, im hoping that the game willSo i get the game today and the servers are full so ive just paid £30 to not be able to play a game. Brilliant...classic blizzard, no doubt i wont be able to play the game for the next week due to server instability. Just another example of DRM ruining everything for the gaming community led by blizzard! Also the beta was uninspiring and boring, im hoping that the game will change my view but so far its putting up a rather poor attempt Expand
  78. May 15, 2012
    I want to know how people are writing reviews as the servers have been off/on (mostly off) since launch, about 15hrs ago and aren't scheduled to be back online for another 2 hours. When I got to play this game was good. Graphics are decent, but really it is DIABLO...LOOTFESTFTW is still awesome and getting new gear still drives this slasher!!!
  79. May 15, 2012
    I bought this game after never having played Diablo 2 or 1. I am a new PC gamer, I usually play on consoles. After this experience I can safely say I will never pay for another PC game again that has always on DRM. I bought into the hype against my negative judgement, and after trying, and trying, and trying I can't login to play this game, a SINGLE PLAYER game. This is not okay. PunishingI bought this game after never having played Diablo 2 or 1. I am a new PC gamer, I usually play on consoles. After this experience I can safely say I will never pay for another PC game again that has always on DRM. I bought into the hype against my negative judgement, and after trying, and trying, and trying I can't login to play this game, a SINGLE PLAYER game. This is not okay. Punishing paying customers is not alright. I gave them my money, and they delivered a broken product. This is my first, and definitely last try with a Blizzard game. Expand
  80. May 21, 2012
    Blizzard is having a good laugh at our expense. A complete disappointment and ripoff. Retail version was terrible to install, invasive registration process, and servers were painfully unresposive. Boxed version weighed down with a blank notepad to give the customer the "illusion" of value. My instincts were to avoid this game, but I gave in to temptation. Avoid this total waste of money,Blizzard is having a good laugh at our expense. A complete disappointment and ripoff. Retail version was terrible to install, invasive registration process, and servers were painfully unresposive. Boxed version weighed down with a blank notepad to give the customer the "illusion" of value. My instincts were to avoid this game, but I gave in to temptation. Avoid this total waste of money, I'm ashamed to have fallen for this scam. Shame on the "professional" reviewers who give this an absurd 100. !f nothing else Diablo 3 indicates which gaming sites are not trustworthy. NO way possible this game deserves a perfect score. **** YOU Joystiq! Reviewers/gamers awarding Diablo 3 with inflated scores are giving game companies the green light to r@pe consumers in the future. My rating: 5/10 for Native Mac OSX support, -5/10 everything else. Total score = 0/10. Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    Played 1 and 2, and waited and waded through the hype for a game that feels mechanical, stale and sadly offers less than the previous games. Graphically lovely, it just doesn't grab me by the balls. Something is badly lacking. If anyone has experienced WoW pug PvP, it kinda feels like that. I'll explain, I started playing earlier and joined a few parties, not one person spoke and it feltPlayed 1 and 2, and waited and waded through the hype for a game that feels mechanical, stale and sadly offers less than the previous games. Graphically lovely, it just doesn't grab me by the balls. Something is badly lacking. If anyone has experienced WoW pug PvP, it kinda feels like that. I'll explain, I started playing earlier and joined a few parties, not one person spoke and it felt as though I was being simply carried along. No one picked up anything (gold/items) or even stopped to fart! I couldn't help but feel like a low level vacuum cleaner running behind Dysons. Overall, I think the game is average (esp after the wait) and it is further spoiled by the sad fact that modern gamers seem too eager to pursue end game glory and have forgotten, or better yet (given their ages), never known the pleasures and satisfaction of the in-between. Everyone's in a hurry to be no.1 and the game suffers as a consequence. 4/10 - By today's expectations/standards, and in view of what had gone before it, a real let-down. Expand
  82. May 15, 2012
    I do not even know how people can even gave 2/10 for this game. This is most overhyped and biggest let down of all time. Blizzard fail to deliver, no wonder they fired so many people. Their games no longer has the factor of quality and polish. Always online-DRM and then no capcity to handle all pre-orders and known retail and digital sales? Buying a product you can't use.
  83. May 15, 2012
    A game that cant be played is no game at all, How can you give a good score to a game that cant be played.

That would be like giving a good review for food that was never served or a movie that was never shown.

Blizzard messed this one big time and unfortunatly they have to pay for that with a bad review
  84. May 15, 2012
    I was so excited to play, and I did for like 30 minutes, now for the past few hours I can't connect. I have a real life and job, so I can only play for an hour, maybe 2 tops at a time. I can't do anything with this game due to errors. If you are going to do an always online requirement, you better have your act together and prevent this from happening. First impressions are everything.I was so excited to play, and I did for like 30 minutes, now for the past few hours I can't connect. I have a real life and job, so I can only play for an hour, maybe 2 tops at a time. I can't do anything with this game due to errors. If you are going to do an always online requirement, you better have your act together and prevent this from happening. First impressions are everything. The game looks promising, but I can't review on promise, only on what is, and right now, that is I have a $60 paper coaster on my desk. Expand
  85. May 15, 2012
    I'd love to give this game a better score...IF I COULD PLAY IT. Stupid decision to insist on constant internet connection. Also not a fan of watered down skill customization and other elements designed to cater to the casual player. The fans of D1 and D2 expected more of the same or better...not less. Gaming seems to be taking a turn for the worst these days. I'm looking at you EA/Bioware.I'd love to give this game a better score...IF I COULD PLAY IT. Stupid decision to insist on constant internet connection. Also not a fan of watered down skill customization and other elements designed to cater to the casual player. The fans of D1 and D2 expected more of the same or better...not less. Gaming seems to be taking a turn for the worst these days. I'm looking at you EA/Bioware. If it wasn't for Dark Souls and anything Valve spits out, this would be the worst time for gaming for me. Expand
  86. May 16, 2012
    Extremely disappointed. Bought it mainly to play alone and even if it lets me log on the always-online requirement kills it for me due to a huge lag. Yes, even if you play alone the lag will sometimes make you unable to move your character. The story is bland and the overall art direction and style is not something worthy to be called a successor to the Diablo series. A huge letdown for meExtremely disappointed. Bought it mainly to play alone and even if it lets me log on the always-online requirement kills it for me due to a huge lag. Yes, even if you play alone the lag will sometimes make you unable to move your character. The story is bland and the overall art direction and style is not something worthy to be called a successor to the Diablo series. A huge letdown for me as a Blizzard fan. Expand
  87. May 17, 2012
    Voice actor for Cain sounds like a badly done cartoon goat

Almost all other voice actors throw on some stupid Irish-Scottish-Welsh sounding twangs and roll with their pitiful poorly written scripts Throw back stereotyped African accent for witch doctor Check points, no custom skills, spend real money for loot, no pvp, meaningless plot-line What a gut punch this steaming pile is
    Voice actor for Cain sounds like a badly done cartoon goat

What a gut punch this steaming pile is considering it is f**king DIABLO!!, seriously WTF were you thinking Blizzard? Your corporate desk jockeys ran this project into the ground, and I serious hope they are standing in the unemployment line right now

Yet the multiplayer coop is fun, mindless fun, but still fun, hence it gets a 4/10
  88. May 16, 2012
    Only pain I see here is that much people paid that money for this DRM and WoW Clone crap. I didnt buy the game, and will not buy after all those comments and videos.
  89. May 16, 2012
    I'm giving it a 1. It would be a 9-10.....IF I could play it single player without having to worry if the servers are going to go down and kick me out of the game. I'm so upset about it that I'm planning on returning what I consider a 9-10 game. Only because I'm able to only get a hour, two max of playtime without being kicked off due to server issues...for a SINGLE player game that is terrible.
  90. May 16, 2012
    Purchased the digital copy to be able to play a 4player coop game as soon as 12:01am PDT passed... from Blizzard, the copy with the largest amount of MMO subscribers, and I could not play it for a couple days due to network-server issues occurring at off-work hours.

I understand launches MMO launches, but this is not an MMO, it is a 4 player coop game where items-characters are saved server side. People could play if u were lucky to get in early, the game worked, you just could not log in. A 1 score for requiring Battle net, which was a failure, to play a single player game as a DRM solution.
  91. May 17, 2012
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

D3 is a horrible game. Do not purchase it.

If you get it as a gift, eBay it for half price unopened, then take the money and buy a real game like Endless Space.
  92. May 17, 2012
    how a game doest have offline mode is ridiculus what hapeen if I live in a place wheres the acces to the internet is restricted and I what to have some fun whit diablo 3 but aI cannot play whitout the internet is simply stupid hope no more companies do this atrocius decision in a future
  93. May 18, 2012
    Honestly, I think "2" is being overly kind. However, I figured it would be fitting since I'm uninstalling the product, reloading Diablo 2, and will be waiting for Torchlight II to launch. Thankfully, I didn't spend a damned cent on the game personally. I mean, come on, why go through and change one of your storyline's histories AGAIN? Blizz, you screwed up Warcraft "lore", and somehowHonestly, I think "2" is being overly kind. However, I figured it would be fitting since I'm uninstalling the product, reloading Diablo 2, and will be waiting for Torchlight II to launch. Thankfully, I didn't spend a damned cent on the game personally. I mean, come on, why go through and change one of your storyline's histories AGAIN? Blizz, you screwed up Warcraft "lore", and somehow managed to screw up Diablo "lore". Thank you for the games you made prior to 2000, now do us all a favor and retire, mmkay? Expand
  94. May 18, 2012
    Connection errors, no SP, and a good amount of bugs. Played it for 3 hours after I finally got back on to their bad servers.... thank God they didn't actually put SP in. The gameplay overall is just bad and so far the story is worse than the others. Overall so far it is just trash with the Diablo name on it. No offline? No good game...
  95. May 18, 2012
    The game has looked the same for years, it's not even developed by the same people who made D1/D2, and why assume that new gamers are complete morons? Why Blizzard? Why must new gamers get the child treatment? Your games reaching the younger generation are alienating to people with suitable problem solving skills. Aside from the lack of intellectual and visual developments to the gameThe game has looked the same for years, it's not even developed by the same people who made D1/D2, and why assume that new gamers are complete morons? Why Blizzard? Why must new gamers get the child treatment? Your games reaching the younger generation are alienating to people with suitable problem solving skills. Aside from the lack of intellectual and visual developments to the game I feel like the horror ARPG has been turned into a badly voice acted gamble to win people's money. Too much of the game revolves around owners spending GOBS of cash. Practically encouraging real money to be used as currency in game is how iPhone games trick parents into buying virtual trinkets for their kids. GOSH I can rant about this while staying objective and every sentence further I get the lower my score goes.... so I'm going to leave it at a 2. 2 points were for the dev staff that just got the mechanics worked out. I assume that's difficult enough they deserve some credit, but who knows if they were fired or laid off so many umpteen years ago when the project was started and obviously near completion. Good day sirs. Expand
  96. May 24, 2012
    This game is OK but the always-on DRM absolutely ruins it for me. DRM for multiplayer games is to be expected, but forcing you to always have a connection to the blizzard servers in order to play a single player game is ridiculous. What if you have a laptop and want to play it somewhere with poor/unreliable wireless signal quality or no wireless signal? You can't. When playing a singleThis game is OK but the always-on DRM absolutely ruins it for me. DRM for multiplayer games is to be expected, but forcing you to always have a connection to the blizzard servers in order to play a single player game is ridiculous. What if you have a laptop and want to play it somewhere with poor/unreliable wireless signal quality or no wireless signal? You can't. When playing a single player game on my desktop I'll be running through a field and then in a flash my position will reset to where it was a second or two ago when the server last synched, its totally jarring. Sometimes when this happens I'll be surrounded by monsters and instantly die. I'll be pretty far into a dungeon and my connection will get dropped and I'll get booted back to the game lobby and have to repeat the level. All this is even if blizzard allows you to log in to their servers to begin with, hope you don't want to play your game when their servers are down or at capacity! I'm still having lag issues on my desktop over a week after release, I'm not whining about the launch-day issues that they improved upon over the first couple days, and this may in fact be my ISPs fault rather than Blizzard's. Blizzard really should have given you the choice of an open or closed system like they did in Diablo 2, this design decision to require a constant high quality internet connection at all times killed my enjoyment of this game. As to the gameplay, its pretty much what you'd expect, an updated version of diablo with new classes and skills. Graphics are decent, voice acting is good and the monsters the game has allowed me to see so far have been interesting - I like some of the vomiting zombies and giant bloated corpses that explode into a mass of worms, I like how you see monsters climb up the sides of cliffs and climb in through windows before joining the combat, creative stuff like that is good. Story is decent, kind of a rehash of the original story so far but it makes me nostalgic when they drop names like "king leoric" in the story. I'm one who doesn't really want a long story in an action rpg so the story is at just about the right level for me. Gameplay however seems dumbed down from predecessors, not nearly as much character customization as I would like and my only deaths so far have been due to lag. $60 for this is an insult, should be $20. Expand
  97. May 20, 2012
    Servers are down 80% of the time, average graphics, poor animations, average sound, no character customization, too pricely, dumbed down talent trees, dumbed down inventory, no pvp (although promised), "always online even when playing single" bull-poop, average story, average voices, poor support and many, many other reasons that force me to slam this game (and the producing company) withServers are down 80% of the time, average graphics, poor animations, average sound, no character customization, too pricely, dumbed down talent trees, dumbed down inventory, no pvp (although promised), "always online even when playing single" bull-poop, average story, average voices, poor support and many, many other reasons that force me to slam this game (and the producing company) with a well deserved 0 (zero). Maybe they'll do better next time. Expand
  98. May 20, 2012
    Hugely overrated. Not worth 60$, not only because of the drm thing, but also because of the childish story and repetetive gameplay. On the bright side, when stuff pops out of chest the animation is very cool.
  99. May 20, 2012
    I love this game. I really do. But Blizzard CAN'T get away with the way they are running the game. The launch was a giant epic fail. Nobody could log-in, people lost achievements, someone even lost the character. For all the week, there were huge lag spikes (even playing in single-player mode with no other player allowed) and disconnection. And now the ice on the cake: sudden maintenanceI love this game. I really do. But Blizzard CAN'T get away with the way they are running the game. The launch was a giant epic fail. Nobody could log-in, people lost achievements, someone even lost the character. For all the week, there were huge lag spikes (even playing in single-player mode with no other player allowed) and disconnection. And now the ice on the cake: sudden maintenance on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON for EU (the FIRST Sunday after the poor release on a TUESDAY). I love this game, but I hate Blizzard for what they are doing. And they will probably get away with this, with a simple "We're sorry.". No, WE are sorry, you aren't. You got your money, after all. Expand
  100. May 20, 2012
    bad, very. A half decent game spoilt by always online DRM.
    bad, very. A half decent game spoilt by always online DRM.
    Game is ok, but its damm short, under 4 hours of actual content. Then you get to repeat it ad nausem. Sure grind is in the Diablo series, but the amount of content is laughable. The randomised maps are not really random, as there are far too few tilesets to make them feel different (I had the exact same room complex 5times in one dungeon....).
    A pretty easy, hack and slash game, would be good for a casual clickfest, but alway online DRM and **** servers spoil that.
    Feels more like a F2P browser game than a AAA title,and its way over priced for what it is.
  101. Jul 2, 2012
    4 is probably unfair, but I hoped for so much from this game. After less than a month, I entirely stopped playing. I think the short explanation why is the meaningless random loot and the repetitive nature of the end game. The game is pretty and it is easy to drop in and out of games with friends, but it just lacks that loot-crack element to keep me coming back. Fun for a while, but4 is probably unfair, but I hoped for so much from this game. After less than a month, I entirely stopped playing. I think the short explanation why is the meaningless random loot and the repetitive nature of the end game. The game is pretty and it is easy to drop in and out of games with friends, but it just lacks that loot-crack element to keep me coming back. Fun for a while, but not staying power. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012