Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jan 30, 2013
    Diablo 3. This game is nothing more than a case study showing how putrid some commercialized AAA sequels have become within the game industry. The sequel to Diablo II you see here today is a game made without respect to the franchise on which it was based. I can`t believe how stupid Blizzard was in forgetting all the hard learned lessons of Diablo 2. That game had almost a decade to beDiablo 3. This game is nothing more than a case study showing how putrid some commercialized AAA sequels have become within the game industry. The sequel to Diablo II you see here today is a game made without respect to the franchise on which it was based. I can`t believe how stupid Blizzard was in forgetting all the hard learned lessons of Diablo 2. That game had almost a decade to be brewed to perfection, then they tossed out the batch tore up the recipe and decided that making D3 from scratch was the best way to move forward. Boy what a mistake that was.

What makes Diablo 3 so bad? It is worse than its predecessor in almost every category. Leveling is thoughtless and one-dimensional, skills are drip-fed to you pre-determined and there no way to spec stats. The class-specific resource pools which replaced mana largely failed to alter gameplay and probably diluted it further. The 6 skill limit feels very artificial and constrictive, especially when you are given skills with 60 sec cooldowns. The 4 player limit per game is laughably behind the times (Diablo 1 anyone?) and completely fails to make Diablo 3 a game with serious online presence. It's fine and dandy they thought 4 players was the max action the screen could handle, but where are the 20+ player trade games? Where are the pvp arena's we were promised? Where are these communal points of interest where people can show off gear, trade, duel and chat as any proper online rpg should have? Where are the endless dungeons? There was a total lack of vision in the online and multiplayer department, Diablo 3 had so much potential! I could go on...the linear itemization system of D3 is far outclassed by the multi-dimensional item library of its Diablo 2. No +skills, set items, mana stat, procs on hit, runewords, socketing quests or horadric cube - D3's items are a desert where only main stat, DPS and vitality exist.

Don't get me wrong. The gameplay is tight and fun while the pastel graphics grow on you eventually. Hopping in and out of games with friends is brisk, but falls short in not allowing you to swap between acts or browse and join games according to your needs. But the flaws outweigh the good stuff by a large margin. And you know what Blizzard did with Diablo 3's inherent design flaws? They doubled it. The last act is just terrible and was obviously made in a huge rush. Then they created the RMAH which destroyed the game before it even had a chance to prove itself. Creating a real money economy and establishing pay-to-win incentives as the only way to beat the games core design (cough; inferno) was a terrible mistake. Letting people buy character power with money was the ultimate cause of D3's downfall - it destroyed trading and turned D3 into an online market simulator. If Blizzard wanted to sell items that bad, they should have sold cosmetic items like wings, dyes, pets, trophies, wings or whatever just like they do in WoW. Then the story - a complete steaming pile of fresh doodoo that trampled upon the awesomeness that was Diablo 2. Chris Metzen single handedly destroyed all premise of the dark and cool which D1 and D2 embodied. For the whole game your "hero" plays second fiddle as you follow a teenage girls brazen whims while the world around you is coming to an end. As an additional slap to the face of fans they turned Diablo himself from a devil who thunders "not even death can save you from me" into a incessantly annoying b!tch who teases you with amateur punch-lines. All the other bosses act the same. Oh and to top it all off the cow level was removed and replaced with a fairyland containing rainbows and skipping unicorns. All this in the world of Diablo - it's embarrassing. This all feels like a real-life horror story. A dark, amazing game franchise cherished by millions has been horridly warped into a teenage chasing, unicorn jumping travesty of its former self. Make no mistake, D3 is a modern failure among AAA games. Nobody would have thought it would come from a company like Blizzard, but it did. Jay Wilson leaving the project offer only a modicum of hope - this game needs 3 expansions and at least 5 years of development before it has any chance of healing its flaws. Blizzard didn't sell 10 million copies of Diablo 3, they sold 10 million copies of the sequel to Diablo 2. I have never seen a franchise so decimated by poor development and handicapped decision-making. RIP Diablo, you will be sorely missed.
  2. Feb 27, 2013
    Changed my mind. I was one of the suckers defending this game, and the game itself is not so bad, except for one thing. Through "coincidence" I happened to stop the slider for one of their videos at around 10-13 seconds, and saw some guys sticking out their tongues at the camera and giving devil horns. Then a group of people standing behind the camera with trophies in their hands likeChanged my mind. I was one of the suckers defending this game, and the game itself is not so bad, except for one thing. Through "coincidence" I happened to stop the slider for one of their videos at around 10-13 seconds, and saw some guys sticking out their tongues at the camera and giving devil horns. Then a group of people standing behind the camera with trophies in their hands like laughing and glaring at the camera. If these guys want to play like this then they can go "screw" themselves. I hope these guys choke on their success. I'm boycotting their products, until this issue gets solved. The last thing we need is a group of bullies and jerks disrespecting their fans. Bye Blizzard. Have a nice fall. "Pricks." I would personally like to punch each one of these guys in the face now. Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2013
    This is propably the worst game Blizzard has ever released. It was clearly rushed into release. The game has no end content what so ever. This game is an insult to the previous games on the franchise. There is no world pvp, the actual "pvp" is called brawling now which is a complete joke. Diablo 3 is no longer the Grim world as it should be, now its all colorful. The itemization isThis is propably the worst game Blizzard has ever released. It was clearly rushed into release. The game has no end content what so ever. This game is an insult to the previous games on the franchise. There is no world pvp, the actual "pvp" is called brawling now which is a complete joke. Diablo 3 is no longer the Grim world as it should be, now its all colorful. The itemization is horrible, and the game is run by bots controlling the economy. RMAH is also a complete failure. they decided to get rid of skilltrees/stats which really are the essence of the games on the genre. The chatrooms and social side of the game is non-existant Players no longer can make their own games. The story is like from a cheap hollywood movie. Diablo is a girl, cool stuff. You can no longer swap between acts. Party size decreased from 8 to 4. If you think this game is a worthy successor for Diablo 2, I can guarentee you its not, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  4. May 8, 2013
    Just the worst game I ever played in the whole world. The story suck as hell really and gameplay sucks like the story. The graphics.... Every thing just suck in this game (I want my money back).
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    If they made diablo 2 lod with better graphic i think more would buy that game, than diablo 3. Everything that made diablo 2 good, is now missing, What i miss the most are the rune words, and the skill system. And i never had one decent drop, with over 200 hours gameplay. And yes, i do have mf and a budy of mione gave me items that i only could have been dreaming on getting myslef. I can play monster lvevl 5 all acts easy
  6. Sep 7, 2013
    Diablo 2 was such a great game. So much detail and fun. Not like this rushed piece of crap. The skills are so lame and the graphics make me wonder if bush is still president. This is a downgrade. U would think with such an amazing game like d2 they would put the best they had into this but ohhhhh no they wanna just get a quick buck off of us. Lame lame lame. Guess when they keep cancellingDiablo 2 was such a great game. So much detail and fun. Not like this rushed piece of crap. The skills are so lame and the graphics make me wonder if bush is still president. This is a downgrade. U would think with such an amazing game like d2 they would put the best they had into this but ohhhhh no they wanna just get a quick buck off of us. Lame lame lame. Guess when they keep cancelling the release of a game there's a good reason. Epic fail. Expand
  7. Nov 29, 2013
    Blizzard just want your money, they spend millions on advertisement and game-trailers to make you buy the game, once you get it? BAM! All the things they advertised on is gone, and now they have another DLC to drain more of your money, just get Path of Exile if you like A-RPGs and want to enjoy it without dumb pay to win and boring storytelling grinds
  8. Dec 29, 2013
    Diablo 3 was good for about 7 days of gameplay, and that's it. Tremendous disappointment, stay far, far away from this and its upcoming expansion.

Here's a list of the major issues: 1) Online DRM. Leads to you not being able to play your single player game when servers are frequently down. Also you get some lag hiccups which can cause character deaths and slow down in the action.

Here's a list of the major issues:

2) Loot drops terrible. Blizzard's goal seems to be to have all players buy their gear on the real money auction house. Loot drops are plentiful garbage, with next to nothing being something you would use. 99% of my gear came from the gold auction house. This is basically an E-bay simulator, not an ARPG. I suspect Blizzard creates loot and posts it themselves on the RMAH to make more money.

3) Minimal randomization. Most of each map is the same everytime, have a few minor variations on sections.

4) Very short game. You can do a run through in a few hours of all four acts. Add point #3 to this and it makes the game boring.

5) Next to no character customization, again what's the point in playing this again?

The combat system is good, but sadly the rest of the game is not. We waited 10 years for this?
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is the definition of instant gratification, no complexity, no challenge and no depth. No permanent meaningful choices, change your mind at any point. It's a shame really because visually it looks good and it has the quality of a Blizzard game in terms of how it runs, they just made some very poor design decisions.

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay real money for success instead of putting in the time and effort. Why did Blizzard turn their backs on the previous games and still decide to call this game Diablo? This game doesn't deserve to be called Diablo.

Let this game be an example to other developers of what to avoid when developing a game.
  10. Feb 26, 2014
    Putting aside the issues a game launch for the moment : Any game that requires always online DRM to play what is essentially a single player game should be avoided at all costs. In the case of Diablo III, this is nothing but a cynical ploy to get players hooked up to the Auction House so Blizzard can replace some of the revenues they are losing from WOW.

As to the issues at game launch:

As to the issues at game launch:

1. Blizzard was aware of the number of games sold by preorder and presumptively capable of being able to calculate sales at launch. This is one of the primary functions of their marketing department.
    2. Blizzard did not adjust download capacity at launch to meet these requirements.
    3. Blizzard did not adjust server capacity to meet the on-line play requirements at launch or subsequent to launch.

Conclusion:

1. Blizzard deliberately launched a game which they knew they could not fully support.
    2. Blizzard deliberately sold a game which they knew its customers would not be able to play in full or in part for some period of time after launch.
    3. As many have pointed out in the past, this is effectively fraud. Deliberately selling a product that does not work is unacceptable in almost any industry, and should be considered criminal.
    4. These actions show that Blizzard views and treats its customers with complete contempt.

Solution:

1. Do not buy this or any other games from this Blizzard.
    2. Do not buy this or any other game requiring on-line play for single player games.
  11. Mar 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Biggest Fail game of the century.

Sucks so bad it has over 5k zero ratings.

Enough said

Diablo 3 is so boring you would have more fun at a bingo hall. Also the connection problems at launch are awful and show how incompetent Blizzard is. The graphics in game are also not close to what a Diablo game should look like.
  12. May 28, 2014
    The worst game ever seen for Bli$$ard+Activi$$ion. Take your Money and RUN.... Seriusly GARBAGE.
    not recommend purchase. Is a BETA version of the biggest crab Diablo III , just a BIG SHAME, the biggest scam of all history of Bli$$ard+Activi$$sion.
  13. Sep 5, 2014
    12 years on and Blizzard is still only able to take a step in the wrong direction.

Perhaps it could be said Diablo 3 is so bad because Diablo 2 was so good, but it seems so much effort was put into recreating a "new" and easy to play version of Diablo 3, that the developers lost sight of what really matters for video gaming, fun. The writing and the story are absolutely terrible, the

The writing and the story are absolutely terrible, the loot was poorly designed, the procedural generation has too many static elements for fun variation, the boss fights aren't particularly exciting, and the advancement skill gap at higher levels is stupidly unbalanced and made the actual viable class/skill choices terribly narrow.

The RMAH ended up not working for them at all, except for the reasonable amount of money it made Blizzard with huge fees. Honestly it was decently fun to use and I'm sure some people farmed, or bought all their items. And maybe the RMAH Gold Hall were used more than was intended, but honestly, trading was always a big part of original Diablo because there were actually items worth getting and things worth crafting.

Now even that's going away. Instead of taking the time to remove a feature, maybe take some more time to make an actual game. 12 years obviously wasn't enough.
  14. Apr 7, 2016
    The overall increase in technical performance goes paradoxically accompanied by a decline of the imagination and intelligence of the people. Stanislaw Lem
  15. May 15, 2012
    There is a lot of people giving the game a bad score because the servers are acting up, I however, will cast my focus on the core aspects of the game.

Diablo 3 is an action RPG where you create a hero to battle the fiends of Hell and in the end kill the final boss Diablo. The game is very well polished, but the game also lack many major elements to create a fun game experience; There is absolutley zero costumization and the game is overly linnear. The lack of innovation makes this game more a money grabber for Blizzard than an actual fun experience. Blizzard is slowly convergning towards EA in greed and Bioware in game design.
  16. May 15, 2012
    Lobotomized stats system; dumbed-down skills system; artistic style in the form of warm, pastel, childrens' story-book illustrations rather than a seedy, musky, murky, dank, dark and cold realistic gothic aesthetic (to win-over their Warcraft customer base, rather than for sensible reasons of coherent artistic vision); no offline-play, no real single-player, dumbed down runes, itemization,Lobotomized stats system; dumbed-down skills system; artistic style in the form of warm, pastel, childrens' story-book illustrations rather than a seedy, musky, murky, dank, dark and cold realistic gothic aesthetic (to win-over their Warcraft customer base, rather than for sensible reasons of coherent artistic vision); no offline-play, no real single-player, dumbed down runes, itemization, and health systems? Overly-easy, banal gameplay? The world lacks feeling; there is a loss of the atmospheric mood of the previous games - and my character doesn't feel like my own, because it's not customizable (in the interests of "accessibility"? I'm out. Blizzard established three new, thoughtful IPs in '94, '96 and '98. It's not 2012 and not only have they done nothing new, but the sequels themselves are even starting to be poor shadows of their legacy. I have no doubt it will sell well, but some of us define success on more meaningful terms. I'm out.

Accidentally rated 10 before...
  17. May 15, 2012
    Briefly this is not Diablo. This is a bad version of WoW. No more darkness and grit. Instead we have a game stripped to the bare bones of simplicity and bright colors. That is if you can even log on. And then hope you do not crash. Something as simple as equipping a shield on your templar companion if you are a DH means game crash. Stay away from this horrid crap. One question to theBriefly this is not Diablo. This is a bad version of WoW. No more darkness and grit. Instead we have a game stripped to the bare bones of simplicity and bright colors. That is if you can even log on. And then hope you do not crash. Something as simple as equipping a shield on your templar companion if you are a DH means game crash. Stay away from this horrid crap. One question to the pathetic money grubbers at Blizzard: You had this same thing happen during the stress test and you knew how many preorders sold yet you still could not devote enough servers to handle it? Expand
  18. May 15, 2012
    Extremely disappointed with the draconian DRM. The "error 37" problems should make obvious what a poor policy this is...especially given the resources put into this project, there's no excuse for this kind of shoddy launch. Publishers and producers need to learn to start respecting their customers, more and more people are rightfully demanding a quality, polished DRM-free final prod
  19. May 15, 2012
    This may be worth a higher score someday but as it's currently unplayable due to the DRM measures Blizzard think "enhance the player experience" at the moment it's right in the unplayable piece of **** category
  20. May 15, 2012
    It is certain that people had great hopes for this game. It's been a decade since the last Diablo game, so the hype has been building up. In addition to that, it's being developed by Blizzard, the company that has thus far produced THE best selling MMO and RTS games. It is unlikely that any company could have delivered on the hype that had built up, so it does not deserve to be rated onIt is certain that people had great hopes for this game. It's been a decade since the last Diablo game, so the hype has been building up. In addition to that, it's being developed by Blizzard, the company that has thus far produced THE best selling MMO and RTS games. It is unlikely that any company could have delivered on the hype that had built up, so it does not deserve to be rated on the basis of "did it deliver?". No, i'll rate it as a stand-alone game, i'll forget that i played Diablo 2 for years and know Blizzard to be a company which usually brings polished games with depth to the table. If i do that guess what we are left with? Right: a pretty bland game that focuses on all the wrong aspects of action RPGs. The story is well delivered, but dull. The gameplay is solid, but casual. The graphics are polished, but dated. The visual style is distinct enough (remember, we forgot that it's a sequel to D1&2, in which case the visual style should have echoed the predecessors). Now how much money are they asking for this mediocre product? Yes, the full AAA title cost: 60$. Taking into account the price point and overall performance of the game, i'd have to say that even the most hardcore Diablo fans should turn away from the company that has none of the original talent that made the previous Diablo games, and look for alternatives elsewhere, keywords:
    Path of Exile (free game in closed beta, buying store credits gives early access to beta, can not buy power)
    Grim Dawn (is on kickstarter and is funded, trying to reach stretch goals)
    Torchlight II (preorder now on Steam)
    All the mentioned games are at least on par with Diablo III, but cost you 20$ or less to play, so you could buy 3 games for the price of 1.
  21. May 15, 2012
    No offline play and the biggest and unforgibable flaw, no LAN option ! I have fond memories of D2 playing with friends in LAN, yet the sequel won't allow me to play with a real friend (not an internet "friend"). I really thought they would implement this before release, but they didn't and that's a shame. In the end, money wins, player looses, because these choices, however they areNo offline play and the biggest and unforgibable flaw, no LAN option ! I have fond memories of D2 playing with friends in LAN, yet the sequel won't allow me to play with a real friend (not an internet "friend"). I really thought they would implement this before release, but they didn't and that's a shame. In the end, money wins, player looses, because these choices, however they are presented, were solely dictated by the willingness (necessity?) to make more profit. Expand
  22. May 15, 2012
    No char customization, no attributes, pretty looking game, isometric view.
    Oh yes, the other flaw,........NO ONE CAN PLAY IT.
    There seems to be another issue now with the "servers"
    Blizzards attempt at stopping "piracy" hoses us all.
    GG
  23. May 15, 2012
    call of demon/gears of demon is what this game is. everything what was awesome about the second installment of diablo has been taken away and replaced with pure **** DRM, bad servers, boring gameplay very similar to me3, bad voice acting and so on. everything about this game sucks. this game isn't even worth the time and bandwidth to pirate. just leave it and pretend it never existed.
  24. May 15, 2012
    This game is so bad.... Blizzard very disappointed me. It cost almost 100$, so they are fat guys, who making money from famous franchise. This game looks type of games, like pay-to-win
  25. May 15, 2012
    Make a potential popular game that requires online connectivity and login and this is what you get.

NOTHING... shame on blizzard epic fail. Even the forums receive Errors. I thought they would have learned from the beta.. but i almost want to go back to store for asking back my money.
  26. May 15, 2012
    I am deeply frustrated by Diablo 3. The game looked so promising. But after all these Years, it came out as a bastard between softcore and hardcore entertainment. It can't decide wether to be dark or colourful. Deep or superstitious. This conflict is present in all aspects of the game. Be it the story, the games mechanics or the character design...

I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the

I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the game. After all its a high standard Blizzard product. But don't expect it to be the cutting edge, dark experience Diablo was 16 years ago.
  27. May 15, 2012
    Worst. Game. Ever. Don't waste your money on this fake Diablo game. At least get something made by the real Diablo crew such as Torchlight II or play something that is similar to Diablo II such as Path of Exile.
  28. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely terrible launch. Blizzard you should hang your heads in shame. Of all the companies I would have expected to be prepared for a large user base it's you. I think you've been poisoned by WoW.
  29. May 15, 2012
    I took the day off from work and still have not played the game for one minute after 14 hours of trying. This is the last time I will ever buy anything from Blizzard.
  30. May 15, 2012
    The game just isn't worth it. It was expensive for an easy easy game. Campaign is over too quickly and what else is left? Go grind for gear. Theres no point to level up, you can't improve skills, they are already unlocked. The worst part about it is that the gear isn't even that varied. The 10's you guys are seeing on here are just paid reviewers, you can tell by the posts. Just likeThe game just isn't worth it. It was expensive for an easy easy game. Campaign is over too quickly and what else is left? Go grind for gear. Theres no point to level up, you can't improve skills, they are already unlocked. The worst part about it is that the gear isn't even that varied. The 10's you guys are seeing on here are just paid reviewers, you can tell by the posts. Just like critic reviews you will see, all paid for a high score. GREAT JOB ACTIVISION. Expand
  31. May 15, 2012
    Unplayable. Pure garbage for a single player game that is forced to be online to have servers that don't work. I know this is the last Blizzard game I'll waste my money on.
  32. May 15, 2012
    I have been one of Blizzard's longest and most stupidly loyal fans. I have bought and played every game they've released with the exception of Warcraft I, and never for anything less than a matter of months. But if they could see how poorly Diablo III is actually functioning on my end, I'm certain they would be professionally embarrassed.

With anything less than an ironclad connection,

With anything less than an ironclad connection, the performance of the game is simply appalling. I played Everquest on a 56k connection in the late 90's, and only the rarest of the worst lagspikes would cause issues like I'm seeing with Diablo III. And unlike that case, I don't mean occasionally: the BEST performance comes with about 3-5 seconds of delay between input and output for ANY action, enemies ghost about half the distance of the screen for every movement, I'm rubberbanded all over the place to the point where my only character deaths have occurred several screens over from what was hitting me, I could go on.

The merits of online-only DRM are one thing; I can honestly, without an ounce of anger or rose-colored nostalgia, say I've never seen any online game function so horribly in my entire gaming history, going as far back as Windows 3.1 and AOL when I was just a kid playing on my parents' dime and phone time. I've never before considered getting a refund from a game, and the fact that I'm considering doing so from a Blizzard title is a bigger disappointment than I can come up with a clever analogy for. I didn't even want my money back for the Star Wars prequels, and I felt physically nauseous from shame as I witnessed those animated first-draft fridge-magnet-quality disasters unfold.

In all fairness, I'm going to give this game two weeks to see if these problems get sorted out. But as bad as it is, I'm seriously wondering if this is a deliberate attempt on Activision's part to kill the brand name. I want to enjoy this game, I really do. But I can't as long as it doesn't actually work. And that's what kills me: up until now, the Blizzard name meant that they took as long as they needed to to release a finished product: and now (undoubtedly due to executive meddling) they've tossed out something that doesn't even work. Flaws I can overlook, (the only other company I'm a bigger unapologetic fanboy for is Bugthesda) but the game has to at least be playable. This... this is simply, unarguably, downright broken.
  33. May 15, 2012
    Review is based upon my current experience, being the fact that I've tried to play the game for 12 hours without any luck.

No information available about the issues. Nothing seems to be done. It simply isn't worth your time and money.
  34. May 15, 2012
    No offline play. Broadband required? If you have Satellite it is unplayable. In other words if you live in a rural area this game is not for you. I don't know if the actual game is any good, because the best internet available to me is too crappy to run the game. Thanks for nothing Blizzard. I used to be a fan of the Diablo games, but since I can't play the new one...
  35. May 15, 2012
    Although the game may have potential I like many cannot judge because it is broken and unusable. I have owned this, like many other honest gamers who have parted with their money, for a day now and I still cannot access. Nothing else but a zero is possible. Very sad.
  36. May 15, 2012
    This game is easily a 7 or maybe 8. It's a pretty fun game in practice, although it's extremely simplified and completely mindless. Where Diablo and Diablo 2 provided choice, 3 takes pains to ensure that every character of the same class is exactly the same - there is zero customization. That aside, it is a fun hack and slash game - or would be, if the DRM didn't prevent the majority ofThis game is easily a 7 or maybe 8. It's a pretty fun game in practice, although it's extremely simplified and completely mindless. Where Diablo and Diablo 2 provided choice, 3 takes pains to ensure that every character of the same class is exactly the same - there is zero customization. That aside, it is a fun hack and slash game - or would be, if the DRM didn't prevent the majority of purchasers from being able to play. A zero for a game that is currently unplayable Expand
  37. May 15, 2012
    Considering Blizzard had nearly a decade to develop this game, it really does not show. The graphics are a bit disappointing for a game released in 2012, but I'll give them the appreciation for trying to be compatible with as many computers as possible while maintaining decent aesthetics. The game has been made way too easy for continuing players of the series (no stat allocation, youConsidering Blizzard had nearly a decade to develop this game, it really does not show. The graphics are a bit disappointing for a game released in 2012, but I'll give them the appreciation for trying to be compatible with as many computers as possible while maintaining decent aesthetics. The game has been made way too easy for continuing players of the series (no stat allocation, you receive every skill, etc.). Blizzard's biggest mistake was creating a real-money auction house. Given the fact that items have many random power-ups and bonuses, a Windforce say might sell for about $20 but then another one with just +1% extra damage would sell for probably 5x that amount. Who is benefiting from this? Blizzard is benefiting by taking significant percentages of each real money transaction. I understand companies are in this business to make money, but this is a pretty bad move by a company trying to take advantage of their fans. If another game company without a great fan base were to do this, lots of gamers would be trying to boycott it for trying to pull this off. Expand
  38. May 15, 2012
    It has been a day and the game at no point has been playable. This is totally unacceptable. I played the beta and it was decent, but having to depend on the random nature of the servers to actually play the thing is intolerable.
  39. Sal
    May 15, 2012
    Incredibly disappointing, putting aside the launch issues (Bad form for a multi billion dollar company to not have adequate servers) The dumbed down skill system, lack of any customisation at all (barring gender) Lacklustre voice acting and all round pointless story lead to a game that had great potential being a sub par run for the genre it's series basically invented. Torchlight 2 andIncredibly disappointing, putting aside the launch issues (Bad form for a multi billion dollar company to not have adequate servers) The dumbed down skill system, lack of any customisation at all (barring gender) Lacklustre voice acting and all round pointless story lead to a game that had great potential being a sub par run for the genre it's series basically invented. Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile are looking like much better choices.

Being forced to be always online is a joke for a game that is mainly a singleplayer run, and solves absolutely nothing. How hard would it be to allow us to create character offline that cannot in any way interract with the online content?

Rated 2, for nostalgia purposes.
  40. May 15, 2012
    I've tried to play four times today. How many times have I been successful? Zero. My rating of 'one' is because I've never actually gotten to play this game. Always on connection sucks, get rid of the RMT and make a great game.
  41. May 15, 2012
    I am not giving it a low score in relation to servers/online/drm none of that...

I am giving them a low score because they have killed Diablo franchise. There is absolutely 0 customization between your maxxed level character and another person's of the same class. No skill points to choose where they go, no nothing. Now with just opening your skill menu and re-slotting, everyone can be the exact same ALA WoW. The amount of work and time spent toward the game to turn it from a unique, skill based, highly customizable character/game process, into a casual gamer who just got off WoW to play for a couple of hours, is very impressive.

The graphics are quite sad. It looks just like a cartoon, very WoWish... I f**king hate WoW. Why is every blizzard game slowly starting to make their games look like crap, I mean seriously...

I have everything on the highest resolution, and trust me, my system can MORE than handle it, and it runs at a flawless 150 fps (more if I set it's max frames up), and it just looks like crap. I could understand if this artwork and what not was done in 2004 alongside of WoW... but it is sadly 2012 and with more recent dungeon crawlers hitting the market with graphics 30 times better than this, it is a sad story.

The game dungeon defenders on Iphone/android has about the same graphics as this, and that is NOT a joke.

Graphics are not everything, I give you that. Gameplay is a big part of it. That is about the only thing this game is close to having, but once you take away any form of customization, skill and talent, and turn it into a 4 button mashfest with whose gear is better than the others, I see no need to grind for days and days, and feel content after 1 run on normal mode. The gameplay is why I gave it a 2. The rest of the problems is what kept the score there.
  42. May 15, 2012
    It's a shame Blizzard would take an amazing series with such a devoted fan base and bastardize it in such a way. No pvp outside of arenas is a joke, real money auction house is a joke, and lack of offline play is a joke. I don't think anyone in the developing team ever even played Diablo 1 or 2. Blizzard went out of it's way to appeal to World of Warcraft players, and it is painfullyIt's a shame Blizzard would take an amazing series with such a devoted fan base and bastardize it in such a way. No pvp outside of arenas is a joke, real money auction house is a joke, and lack of offline play is a joke. I don't think anyone in the developing team ever even played Diablo 1 or 2. Blizzard went out of it's way to appeal to World of Warcraft players, and it is painfully obvious. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ENJOYED DIABLO 1 OR 2!!!! Expand
  43. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard: Online mode is fine. You'll still get to play.
    Reality: Error 37, Error 3006, Error 30008 at login. After getting in, 400-1000ms latency, disconnections with Error 3007 every 5-10 minutes. Unplayable.
    Blizzard: Online mode is fine. You'll still get to play.

Blizzard: Connection issues are completely client-side. Our servers are fine. It just happens that tens of thousands of players happen to have bad ISPs when they started playing Diablo 3. Clearly those ISPs secretly improve their service when other games are being played.
    Reality: Excuse for one of the worst launches in history, and the most broken and unpolished title ever released by Blizzard.
  44. Dai
    May 15, 2012
    The game is decent (though not quite "good"), but is crippled by the inability of the servers to handle the entirely unnecessary online-only requirement. It's a nonfunctional product at this point, and people expect better.
  45. May 15, 2012
    The game looks great plays great and handles great but EVERY SINGLE excellent feature about this game is completely marred and damaged because of this bullsh!t "always online", hyper-DRM requirement (scheme). I would have rated this game MUCH higher were there no DRM scheme present but this one is a doozy. If you are the least be bothered by DRM that will not let you play and prevent youThe game looks great plays great and handles great but EVERY SINGLE excellent feature about this game is completely marred and damaged because of this bullsh!t "always online", hyper-DRM requirement (scheme). I would have rated this game MUCH higher were there no DRM scheme present but this one is a doozy. If you are the least be bothered by DRM that will not let you play and prevent you from using the game you just rightly paid for then SKIP THIS GAME!!!

If you can put up with the bullsh*t then please by all means get this game, it's a lot of fun but you are going to make a sacrifice to play it. F*CK DRM, and f*ck the morons who made blizzard implement this crap and ruin their name in the process.
  46. May 15, 2012
    When I booted up this game I was expecting some awesome loot fest with my bros. I'm talking like better than searching the sorority houses on rush week for chicks with low self-esteem. Instead I got tons of DRM, no PvP, tons of server problems, and a game that broverall needed some extra fist-pounding in development. It's a brotastrophe.
  47. May 15, 2012
    The story and cinematics are great. Gameplay is fun for small sessions but after a while it becomes stale. Always online DRM is inexcusable and connectivity issues just make an appalling situation even worse. My advice: watch the cinematics on YouTube and give this $60 game a miss.
  48. May 16, 2012
    This game is great but it misses the little something Diablo 2 had. no customization (skill pts), no rune words (so far), and everything was nerfed. It feels like WoW but with gore. Graphics are ok but not awesome, they look like 5 years old. The game play is pretty easy to get. I think the weakest point of this game is the multiplayer : Random games... Seriously? This is Diablo III, notThis game is great but it misses the little something Diablo 2 had. no customization (skill pts), no rune words (so far), and everything was nerfed. It feels like WoW but with gore. Graphics are ok but not awesome, they look like 5 years old. The game play is pretty easy to get. I think the weakest point of this game is the multiplayer : Random games... Seriously? This is Diablo III, not CoD! Bring me back my server creation system! Somethimes I want to Trade my stuff, not absolutely sell it to the AH! This is a Beat em' all, not a MMO. And the AH thing is a terrible idea. Do you know how many koreans are gonna control this market. Guys, let us create custom games with custom names, let us trade freely. You can let the AH but please, I want to be able to create a game like in D2. Enigma4Fort, you know? Expand
  49. May 15, 2012
    I am so very disappointed with Blizzard now. How could they ruin the legendary DIABLO series?
    To me, this game is just not fun. It is made to bring cash only, not to stay true to the series and to millions of old fans and supporters. Gothic series got butchered. Dungeon Siege got butchered. Elder Scrolls gets duller with every game. Dragon Age got butchered and now finally, even Diablo gets the quick cash treatment. (how can we make this game so easy and simple that even grandmas and babies will give us cash to play it....)
  50. May 15, 2012
    I've got to say , it's really hard for me to even give this game a 1. For those people that have never played a diablo game before , this game may be passable. For anyone who played diablo 2 with the gritty, satanic environment then you will be sorely dissapointed. For anyone who wanted any kind of character customization or building , you will be sorely dissapointed. (There are noI've got to say , it's really hard for me to even give this game a 1. For those people that have never played a diablo game before , this game may be passable. For anyone who played diablo 2 with the gritty, satanic environment then you will be sorely dissapointed. For anyone who wanted any kind of character customization or building , you will be sorely dissapointed. (There are no skill trees or attribute choices) For those of you who have played either of the previous games , I'm feeling dissapointment along with you. My hat is off to blizzard activision for getting millions of lemmings to buy this game. well played sirs, you got your money, but have lost all dignity. Expand
  51. May 16, 2012
    I had to force myself to continue playing. This sentence sums up the playability of this game. Diablo 3 fails to offer an exciting and compelling experience, which is extremely disappointing considering the amount of time and money that went into its development. As a long time fan of the genre I was absolutely appalled at some of the decisions Blizzard made. They can be forgiven for notI had to force myself to continue playing. This sentence sums up the playability of this game. Diablo 3 fails to offer an exciting and compelling experience, which is extremely disappointing considering the amount of time and money that went into its development. As a long time fan of the genre I was absolutely appalled at some of the decisions Blizzard made. They can be forgiven for not incorporating visual customisations to the characters but the removal of skill trees and manual stat distribution is unacceptable. There is some degree of skill customisation with the addition of "Runes" which can alter the properties of a particular spell or ability but this feature is still ridiculously limited. The evil and gritty atmosphere of the previous instalments is no where to be seen, and it's place we have what is best described as a Halloween cartoon special. Long time fans of the Diablo series and dungeon crawlers in general will be disappointed with this entry. However, if you are a newcomer to the genre then there is a limited amount of entertainment on offer. Expand
  52. May 16, 2012
    The graphic is old, very old, like a 10 years ago game, the gameplay is too easy and casual and the DRM are really frustrating. Bad work at all, after 12 years Blizzard should do something really better than this!
  53. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard, how could you do this to us? This game is not worthy of the Diablo name. Utter disappointment ! :-( Just about everything in this game is uninspiring and sub-par of what I expected of Diablo 3 and from a Blizzard game that has been developed for 8-10 years(?) This is what happens when you start out by asking yourself, HOW CAN WE MAKE DIABLO 3 THE BIGGEST CASH-COW EVER when youBlizzard, how could you do this to us? This game is not worthy of the Diablo name. Utter disappointment ! :-( Just about everything in this game is uninspiring and sub-par of what I expected of Diablo 3 and from a Blizzard game that has been developed for 8-10 years(?) This is what happens when you start out by asking yourself, HOW CAN WE MAKE DIABLO 3 THE BIGGEST CASH-COW EVER when you should have been asking yourself, HOW CAN WE BRING THE DIABLO SERIES TO A NEW EPIC HIGH AND DELIVER SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.------------ I'm shocked, really. I'll go back to Titan Quest now and have some FUN. Collapse Expand
  54. May 16, 2012
    >Charater customization was so confusing, so they removed it (no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up)
    >Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win auction houses
    >Scripted **** EVERYWHERE >GETTING KICKED OUT OF YOUR SINGLEPLAYER GAME FOR BEING AFK >Bland, one dimensional, WoW inspired skills >World PvP removed and the
    >Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win auction houses
    >Scripted **** EVERYWHERE
    >GETTING KICKED OUT OF YOUR SINGLEPLAYER GAME FOR BEING AFK
    >Bland, one dimensional, WoW inspired skills
    >World PvP removed and the only PvP options is a WoW-clone arena (REMOVED TILL LATER, LOL)
    >Voice acting is **** HORIBBLE compared to D2
    >Timed log-outs in a game which its gameplay is based on being fast-paced (even on hardcore mode)
    >CHECKPOINTS that revive you from where you are left off (how much more casual can they make a diablo game I wonder)
    >region lock, DRM that requires you to be constanly online
    >blizzard 'promising' not to put any items in the RMAH Gee, I **** wonder what's gonna happen
    >LEVEL 60 CAP Surely to be raised to 70,80,90 and so on with yearly expansions that consists of cut content for only another $60!

Retarded **** that butcher the whole atmosphere such as:

â
  55. May 16, 2012
    This game sucks. Can't even play single player when the servers go down and they go down often. When they do come back there are rollbacks where ive lost several levels.
  56. May 16, 2012
    This isn't a very good game. If you aren't a hardcore Diablo fan, do yourself a favor and pass. The gameplay is incredibily repetitive. All it is constant left clicking of your mouse. The grind is soulcrushingly bad at best. Put simply fans of the game waited 12 years for what amounts to a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with early PS3 graphics attached to it. The voice acting is painful,This isn't a very good game. If you aren't a hardcore Diablo fan, do yourself a favor and pass. The gameplay is incredibily repetitive. All it is constant left clicking of your mouse. The grind is soulcrushingly bad at best. Put simply fans of the game waited 12 years for what amounts to a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with early PS3 graphics attached to it. The voice acting is painful, the combat system is uninspiring, and the game as a whole is a complete let down for all but the most hardcore of Diablo fans. Expect once the hype of a new Diablo game wears off for it to completely fall off the radar. TL;DR If you are on the fence, don't buy it, it's made for a very niche audience and if you haven't already picked it up you aren't that niche. Terrible game and shame on you Blizzard for milking a cash cow. Expand
  57. May 16, 2012
    It is really an strange position. The Diablo II was an good game with a consistent desolate and dark theme and solid difficulty balance. It was never too easy but never impossible also. Diablo III tries to 'fix' the best things in Diablo II and the result is a... trainwreck. See the game itself is not too bad but the heart wrenching pain and numerous hoops you have to jump to just login toIt is really an strange position. The Diablo II was an good game with a consistent desolate and dark theme and solid difficulty balance. It was never too easy but never impossible also. Diablo III tries to 'fix' the best things in Diablo II and the result is a... trainwreck. See the game itself is not too bad but the heart wrenching pain and numerous hoops you have to jump to just login to play is a very very cruel joke by Blizz. I am stuck as I (along with 2 million peoples) was idiot enough to preorder it. I have played it for almost 10 hours and for that I had to either wait to login or backtrack for lost savegame due to connection loss for almost 2 hours total! Mind blowing I know! Every big company makes a product that marks the downfall of its fanbase and slow but steady decline. I am sure that Diablo III is that product as it has alienated me, an 6 years devoted fan of Blizzard. Perhaps I will get that Torchlight game others are talking about. I heard that game actually lets you play! Expand
  58. May 16, 2012
    Elitism, absurd hardware specs to run a game at his "full potential", DRM, poor game design and many other issues have almost killed pc gaming. Why should i bother about Diablo 3 when i can get Dark Souls on console?
  59. May 16, 2012
    Well this game sure sucks. Had it been just a random game from an unknown developer I would not be this hard on it. In fact it would be somewhat respectable, but this is Diablo 3. Turns out it is a bastard mix between Diablo 2 and WOW, but without the parts that made the Diablo prequels great. Dumbed down, cartooned up and absolutely uninspiring to me. This is what I feared since theWell this game sure sucks. Had it been just a random game from an unknown developer I would not be this hard on it. In fact it would be somewhat respectable, but this is Diablo 3. Turns out it is a bastard mix between Diablo 2 and WOW, but without the parts that made the Diablo prequels great. Dumbed down, cartooned up and absolutely uninspiring to me. This is what I feared since the first images and info from this game emerged years ago. Blizzard was the gaming company I held above all other, now I just despise them. F U Blizzard! Expand
  60. May 16, 2012
    This game is garbage.
    Challenge is non existent, you can beat it in around 9 hours. And if theres a server issue, you won't get any loot for beating the game.
    Buggy as hell, if you give a templar a shield it boots you out of the game and you can't get back in. (But who would ever think of giving a shield to a knight, thats just silly) Also the DRM prevents people who have purchased the
    This game is garbage.
    Also the DRM prevents people who have purchased the game from playing if theres a server issue. I'm not talking just multiplayer, that would be fine, but if the servers are full or down you can't play single player.
    You'll spend most of your time with this game either seeing error 37 or 3003.
    My advice avoid it.
    Vote with your wallet, if you don't like the idea of a company not letting you play a game single player at your leisure, that you can only play when its ok with them, then do not buy this game.
  61. May 16, 2012
    Remember that time when you ordered a pizza but it was bad, and you excreted diarrhea all over the house? That, figuratively speaking, is exactly the kind of impression Diablo 3 leaves you with. Basically, the gameplay is overlly simplified and linear, you cant even play offline, and the story and graphics are laughable.The saddest part though, is that our noble efforts to reveal the TRUTHRemember that time when you ordered a pizza but it was bad, and you excreted diarrhea all over the house? That, figuratively speaking, is exactly the kind of impression Diablo 3 leaves you with. Basically, the gameplay is overlly simplified and linear, you cant even play offline, and the story and graphics are laughable.The saddest part though, is that our noble efforts to reveal the TRUTH is being written off as "mindless trolling". If preventing people from buying rubbish is trolling than I think real "trolls" are the capitalist garbage who get peoples hopes up only to smash them later just for some cash. Diablo now joins the ever growing list of dead or dying game franchises. Expand
  62. May 16, 2012
    Terrible game. Awful connection problems have ruined this launch. They should have put more effort into reviving this title. You have got to get launches right!
  63. May 16, 2012
    This is a highly anticipated sequel with a premium pricetag that is in no way justified.

The graphics are fair at best and already feel somewhat dated on release. The stat skill assigning has been replaced by az system that allows for far less customization and which feels completely dumbed down. No more assigning stat points, they game does it for you every level. Skill trees have beenreplaced by a runes system that is completely uninteresting.

The game itself doesn't do nearly the job of drawing you into the game as Diablo 2 did. The game is also ridiculously short for an RPG - 7-10 hours for a playthrough is not uncommon. It's so short that it feels like a long overdue 2nd expansion for Diablo 3 with a graphics overhaul at a full game's price. The always-on DRM even for a single player playthrough means that you MUST log in to Blizzard's servers to play. If you can't log in for whatever reason or your connection drops out, you are not permitted to play the game you bought and paid for.

Blizzard has dropped the ball on this game big time. Do not buy until it hits the bargain bin. At least that way you're not paying a premium game's price for less content than is in some expansion packs.
  64. May 16, 2012
    Game dont work man. Whats worse is that it seems fairly fun and addictive, kinda ruined when you can play for about an hour and the servers go down. From my count Ive had approximately 4 interruptions in about 6 hours of play over 2 days. Im sure there have been many more for others.
    The online only is frankly ridiculous for a single player game, and having latency in a point/twitch game like this is just awful.
  65. May 17, 2012
    With years of experience Blizz couldn't figure out that the massive amounts of people logging in at the same time would cause many problems? Like you didn't know how many people would be trying to sign in on launch day right? rofl
  66. May 17, 2012
    Always on DRM and only 3 different server regions severely hampers my ability to play this game . had to change server twice due to lag issues the game itself is underwhelming with little new features or innovation
  67. May 17, 2012
    Seems more like Diablo 2.5 then a new game. Graphics aren't all that great (they seem very muted to me - no contrast) and the game play is mostly the same as Diablo 2. Not sure why this took 10 years to come out.
  68. May 17, 2012
    Very poor. Cannot log into the game after having for about 24 hours, far too simplified combat, not nearly as memorable for monsters or characters as Diablo 2, and nearly no customization.
  69. May 17, 2012
    Never played Diablo 1 or 2. They were far too ugly by the time I got into PC gaming. However I have played similar titles and I see no difference between this game and others like Torchlight for example (yes I know Diablo came first though). The no offline mode is inexcusable. I don't want to play with others 95% of the time, I shouldn't be required to be online and hooked up throughNever played Diablo 1 or 2. They were far too ugly by the time I got into PC gaming. However I have played similar titles and I see no difference between this game and others like Torchlight for example (yes I know Diablo came first though). The no offline mode is inexcusable. I don't want to play with others 95% of the time, I shouldn't be required to be online and hooked up through battle.net. If they were worried about hacking and duping then making two seperate modes online and offline and the online component needs connection. The graphics are much improved over 1 and 2 but still meh especially when you zoom in. Controls are weird. I'm using to WASD, clicking constantly hurts my pointer finger after a while. This game would be ideal for a control...but alas the option is not there. Don't get me wrong, it's an ok game, but only ok. 4/10 Expand
  70. Jul 3, 2012
    I do enjoy the story of the game, but it seems weighed down by the heavy-handed loot system. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't stay focused on this game. I logged in today after two weeks of non-activity and was surprised at General Chat being constantly filled with gold spammers and no one talking.
  71. May 17, 2012
    I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, but this is just ridiculous. The game is a fine addition to the Diablo series, even though it is horribly dumbed down for the casual gamer masses. It's apparent that Blizzard doesn't care about their customers and are just another greedy corporation. The invasive DRM kills it for me. WHY THE HELL DO I NEED TO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS FOR SINGLEPLAYER? So, ifI was a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, but this is just ridiculous. The game is a fine addition to the Diablo series, even though it is horribly dumbed down for the casual gamer masses. It's apparent that Blizzard doesn't care about their customers and are just another greedy corporation. The invasive DRM kills it for me. WHY THE HELL DO I NEED TO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS FOR SINGLEPLAYER? So, if my internet dies, I can't play my game? Cool... I wish I could return it, this game really wasn't worth $60. Expand
  72. May 17, 2012
    I'll keep it short and simple. There is no way for people to really express discontent with the gaming industry as a whole. If we don't buy the games people say we shouldn't have a voice, but if we buy the games we only support what we don't agree with.

I fall into the first category. I was very interested in buying Diablo 3 having played both 1 and 2 numerous times over. However, as a single player type gamer, and a person that doesn't have the best internet connection or desire to socialize I find it disheartening that few companies allow me to play games on my terms. Diablo 3 is just the next installment of software hating customers like me.

Always online DRM is something I'm just not going to support. A grind game where users can pay to advance faster. Both things I just can't and won't support. I still haven't bought Diablo 3. And unfortunately I never will. Bye Blizzard. You now are a member of the ranks of EA, Activision (yes I already knew you were part of them) and Ubisoft. Take your games and go screw yourself with them.

I'm buying and playing Torchlight 2 and other games developed for me as a consumer.
  73. May 17, 2012
    D3 Asia's server can't login for 3 days, effect millions asia players and official still do nothing for it, I've never seen such a bad customer service like this.
  74. May 17, 2012
    I am disgusted by grubs that took a winning model (hello, Diablo II is STILL selling well in stores, grubs!) and clamped something down on it so I CAN'T EVEN PLAY SINGLE PLAYER ON A GAME I JUST BOUGHT. Never again. Do you understand me? No Starscraft, no Diablo, no WOW, nothing. I wash my hands of you.
  75. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a rehash of Diablo 2 game mechanics wise, all that has changed is the progression has been simplified for people and the art style has changed towards WoW. There has been no innovation, even after a decade. Diablo 2 had it's flaws, absolutely none were fixed and although very few, more were introduced.
    This game is as shallow as they come. The only thing it does well is give
    This game is as shallow as they come. The only thing it does well is give you a great sense of progression, blizzard has captured how to do this exceptionally, and I hate to put it like this, but essentially the game provides fake fun On top of this, they promised the new way of progression would leave us with all kinds of builds and unique ways to end up. This is not true, all people have been building the same as they level up, then when it gets to 30-60 you have only 2-3 builds to choose from per character (unless you want to choose something... thats obvious nonsense....)
    This game is worth $60 if money is literally dirt to you.

[Server lag and AFK timeouts in my single player experience]
  76. May 30, 2012
    My previously review is good but after yesterday I got all day patch, today I have got error 37 all day, cant play at all. This is ridiculous. Wish I better spend money.
  77. May 18, 2012
    This is what the Call Of Duty games are to FPS games, The Michael Bay of action films - Totally dumbed down to appeal to as many people as possible. Diablo was one of my most replayed and loved games when I was younger due to its core RPG elements presented in a simple style. This dreadful offering only expands on one of those elements - the simple. Blizzard only seem to be bothered aboutThis is what the Call Of Duty games are to FPS games, The Michael Bay of action films - Totally dumbed down to appeal to as many people as possible. Diablo was one of my most replayed and loved games when I was younger due to its core RPG elements presented in a simple style. This dreadful offering only expands on one of those elements - the simple. Blizzard only seem to be bothered about money these days and watering down their content to appeal to as many people as possible (Warcraft being a prime example & real world money ???). I must be getting old as all games these days seem to only care about the cinematic quality of their games. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game based simply on the game play mechanics. I think I'll dig out my old Diablo 2 CD's and just play that again. Expand
  78. May 18, 2012
    Diablo 3... What can I say? DRM ruined you and I can't wait for a pirated version to come out, so that I CAN PLAY THE GAME I BOUGHT! Blizzard are a bunch of greedy c0nts and I will never buy another game from them. This fiasco justifies pirating - just like the annoying anti-piracy ads on Blurays / DVDs that actually encourage me to download "clean" copies of things I can play immediately.Diablo 3... What can I say? DRM ruined you and I can't wait for a pirated version to come out, so that I CAN PLAY THE GAME I BOUGHT! Blizzard are a bunch of greedy c0nts and I will never buy another game from them. This fiasco justifies pirating - just like the annoying anti-piracy ads on Blurays / DVDs that actually encourage me to download "clean" copies of things I can play immediately. I wish I had refrained from purchasing yesterday - speaking of which, why is it that you charge $US60 for a digital download and $AUS80 when $US1 = $AUS1? This will be the last Blizzard game I buy. Torchlight 2 however, I will buy multiple copies of to give to friends and family because they don't treat their customers like dirt. Go die in a ditch Blizzard! To the fanbois whining about people giving a bad review on launch day, and to settle down, It's day 4 and people still can't play a game they bought - oh wait licensed from Blizzard. Greedy c0nts! Expand
  79. May 18, 2012
    My opinion is based solely on the single-player experience, nostalgia and the expectations I had based on what Blizzard have released prior to this game.

The single-player campaign is very unimpressive and the audio logs (journals) that are meant to flesh out the world are more often than not of rather poor quality. The removal of attribute and skill points makes leveling up a trivial and uninteresting event, and it is nothing short of a tragedy for all those who played the two first Diablo games.

I experienced several times (roughly 27 times in a single playthrough) where the game would hang and all combat and actions were "stuck" and after a second or two the game would resume, causing monsters to teleport around based on where they would have gone during the hang. Having this happen on a T1 internet connection in a single-player game is beyond unacceptable.

It was Blizzard themselves who set a new standard of what we could expect from a single-player experience when they released StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty.

Whether or not they release new content, events and modes is entirely unimportant as the only thing that matters is what I think of the game after having played through it... and I am not impressed if this is the quality we can expect from future Blizzard games.
  80. May 18, 2012
    Ok, Diablo 3 is not bad, but I expected more mobility on the screen, hoping one experience of gameplay at least equal to World of Warcraft. I expected more choices of classes and skills, less dull labyrinths which have to explore step by step to find items and paths to the next dungeon. After two hours playing I end up feeling bad about this experience. Unlike Guild Wars 2 that althoughOk, Diablo 3 is not bad, but I expected more mobility on the screen, hoping one experience of gameplay at least equal to World of Warcraft. I expected more choices of classes and skills, less dull labyrinths which have to explore step by step to find items and paths to the next dungeon. After two hours playing I end up feeling bad about this experience. Unlike Guild Wars 2 that although we pay $ 59 like Diablo, in the end we feel quite satisfied. Expand
  81. May 18, 2012
    Diablo 3 would have been acceptable years ago, but games and their players have advanced since the last update in this series. Seems odd that it took so long for a game that seems essentially a higher-resolution version of D2 to become reality. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, but I've seen better versions of this genre from smaller developers, at a lower price, and without theDiablo 3 would have been acceptable years ago, but games and their players have advanced since the last update in this series. Seems odd that it took so long for a game that seems essentially a higher-resolution version of D2 to become reality. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, but I've seen better versions of this genre from smaller developers, at a lower price, and without the always-connected limitations. Expand
  82. May 18, 2012
    Diablo is definitively not to be purchased at 50 or 40$. Mandatory internet connection is just wrong. We need solo player. Automatic skills selection is wrong. Tested on a friend PC, I will buy it when it is 10$. Does not deserve more. If you want a real great sequel to Diablo 2 go and support Path Of Exile which is what Diablo 3 should have been.
  83. May 19, 2012
    This game is unplayable because of DRM. I have 6Mbps ADSL Internet connection and pings in other games like 80-120ms. In D3 my average ping is of 600-1000. This is incredibly unplayable even at single player campaign.
    I've wasted 60 euros just because Blizzard was a trusted company for me till here. I don't care about graphics and sound, i don't care about many years of development of that game. I simply log in, watch my hero "jumping through space" in lags and i quit.
  84. May 19, 2012
    After Completing the NIghtmare difficulty of this game there is little desire left to continue. The story line is not worth following twice. The gameplay is solid, but class imbalnce is quickly being discovered by players. Inferno mode (the final mode Blizzard said would take months to beat) is already begining to be completed four days in. The looting system is fine, but the auction houseAfter Completing the NIghtmare difficulty of this game there is little desire left to continue. The story line is not worth following twice. The gameplay is solid, but class imbalnce is quickly being discovered by players. Inferno mode (the final mode Blizzard said would take months to beat) is already begining to be completed four days in. The looting system is fine, but the auction house is horrible. No option to sort by bid price or time left, only dps and buyout. The graphics are nothing impressive, the cut scenes are nice but over half of them were released by blizzard as trailers! I honestly have no disire to continue to harder difficulties or play a diffrent class. Expand
  85. May 19, 2012
    I give one point for Diablo 3 for changes for the skill system, which is way better than in the D2 (personally liked the D1 system better). I must give second point for Diablo 3 for the non-featured ability to make other games more interesting. Haven't played games for a long time with such vigor! Good job Blizzard. Every time I start playing Diablo 3 a compelling feeling forces me to goI give one point for Diablo 3 for changes for the skill system, which is way better than in the D2 (personally liked the D1 system better). I must give second point for Diablo 3 for the non-featured ability to make other games more interesting. Haven't played games for a long time with such vigor! Good job Blizzard. Every time I start playing Diablo 3 a compelling feeling forces me to go back to old games or by a new one from Steam! Never felt better! Still I payed too steep price for such revelation.

Consider carefully for buying this game. Read reviews and make up your own mind.
  86. May 20, 2012
    Okay, Diablo 3's quite good, but the download and login problems are bloody chronic. I think this low rating gives a nice little warning that making single player games require login, then **** up the login servers just isn't acceptable. Giving 3/10 to push it closer to 3.3 (as in Error 33).
  87. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III does not reach my expectations, but they were extremely high and unreachable. Diablo III is a great followup from Diablo II. It's downside is that the music does not create the same athmosphere as diablo II's music did. They have relied much on nostalgia when creating the music, and not succeeded with creating fresh and new awesome diablo music. Also the game is short. I wasDiablo III does not reach my expectations, but they were extremely high and unreachable. Diablo III is a great followup from Diablo II. It's downside is that the music does not create the same athmosphere as diablo II's music did. They have relied much on nostalgia when creating the music, and not succeeded with creating fresh and new awesome diablo music. Also the game is short. I was expecting a 20~ hour playthrough and it took me 10 hours to complete and i listened to all the lore and went into all the caves i found while exploring. I mean, about 6 years development, come on! The new fresh skillsystem is welcome though. Delete's the possibility to fail your character and still maintains alot of customization options.

Also the launch issues were annoying. Achievements has not been working, In my first playthrough i did not recieve any achievement at all. Nevertheless it's a great game and it's easily worth the money. I will spend hundreds of hours playing it.
    If you like bashing skulls on a bazzilion amount of monstrous creatures, Do not hesitate!
  88. May 20, 2012
    Diablo has been Kotified. No more farming items, you have to farm cash to spoend in the Auction House. With real life money AH coming next week no surprise the whole game is designed to push you into using it.
  89. May 20, 2012
    Single player has all the worst features of a MMo, first of all server availability. Europe severs offline on sunday: no single player, no game, only the sensation of the worst work in blizzard history.
  90. May 20, 2012
    so many blizzard fanboys giving a 10 to a very bad game,and the critics that gave this game a 88 must be in payrole,but we have seen this in a lot of other poor games just to sell a couple more games.
    good luck to play this game when the servers die and at this rate it wont take long to blizzard close the servers,keep buying games with drm and online activation and the future is a very bad place for all the players.
  91. May 21, 2012
    What can I say? It's an online only single player game with lackluster graphics. That's right, there's lag in the single player! Its terrible. There are plenty of indie titles that deliver a better experience.
  92. May 21, 2012
    Everything you loved about Diablo 1 and 2 where removed in this game. No more custom stats. No more skill trees. No more character customization. Graphics are okay at best. The storyline is horrible. The only well-done thing is the cinematics. I'm afraid Blizzard has totally and completely become Activision. Where their motto is: "Gamers don't know what they want - we know whatEverything you loved about Diablo 1 and 2 where removed in this game. No more custom stats. No more skill trees. No more character customization. Graphics are okay at best. The storyline is horrible. The only well-done thing is the cinematics. I'm afraid Blizzard has totally and completely become Activision. Where their motto is: "Gamers don't know what they want - we know what gamers want." They completely and utterly ignore what their customers state they want in a game. Oh . . . and no Cow Level. Expand
  93. May 22, 2012
    Overall a poor effort by ActivisionBlizzard.

The initial server stability problems were terrible but forgivable. Unfortunately, this game just isn't very good. To begin, the actual campaign is very short. Acts 1 & 2 come in at a reasonable size, but Acts 3 & 4 just feel terribly rushed. This should be offset by the replayability of facing multiple difficulty levels in new procedurally
    Overall a poor effort by ActivisionBlizzard.

To begin, the actual campaign is very short. Acts 1 & 2 come in at a reasonable size, but Acts 3 & 4 just feel terribly rushed. This should be offset by the replayability of facing multiple difficulty levels in new procedurally generated zones. The generated levels just don't work; they compare poorly even to the decade-old Diablo 2. Typically there are few if any variations to the level structure, and randomization is achieved by dropping objectives and monsters haphazardly over this template. It feels completely entirely the same as when you cleared it the last time.

The game's story is weak. Admittedly, no one really plays an ARPG for the story, but this one just feels very lazy. In Diablo 2 events happened because you were chasing Diablo. It drove the story and events happened within that framework. In Diablo 3 it's not really clear what you're doing; you simply react to a series of events. One thing happens and you investigate, and once you finish off one antagonist a brand new one pops up to advance the game. There's little sense of continuity from one mission to the next. The one surprise built into the story is utterly predictable.

Of course, the important part of an ARPG is going to be in the characters, combat and actual gameplay.

Combat is a mixed bag. The developers have really tried to make fight more tactical at all levels of the game. When it works it really *works* and produces a fun and exciting experience. This really isn't made to scale properly with level difficulty. Rather than monsters acting more intelligently or providing more varied encounters, higher difficulties just tack on more hitpoints and damage to everything. There is a sweet spot where technique and character build really matter, but for most of the game you either crush everything without a thought or just die to your foe without even the chance to react. Champion mobs get special modifiers which can produce unique fights, but once again turn into a situation whereby they are completely easy, or impossibly difficult. There is definitely a spot where characters and difficulty match up perfectly. If Blizzard could manage to match these up more consistently then this could be a great game. For most of the game, they just miss. The place where this is most apparent is in the end game. It is apparent that Inferno mode was never properly playtested. Because the AI doesn't become any smarter as you advance, Inferno mode was made difficult by simply piling damage onto monster. The practical result is that classes that can avoid damage and attack from range can move straight to the end, whereas classes that were meant to mitigate damage and get close to the enemies cannot participate at all. In summation: poorly tuned, lousy story, and repetitive.

3/10.
  94. May 23, 2012
    My experience with Diablo III hasnâ
  95. May 23, 2012
    Aside from technical difficulties and the need to be connected online to be able to play in single player the game doesn't shine at all. No class customization, very bland gameplay and really outdated graphics. This game is beyond casual and I find myself having a hard time playing it since there so many better games out there. And I'd rather still play Diablo 2 then the new one. NoAside from technical difficulties and the need to be connected online to be able to play in single player the game doesn't shine at all. No class customization, very bland gameplay and really outdated graphics. This game is beyond casual and I find myself having a hard time playing it since there so many better games out there. And I'd rather still play Diablo 2 then the new one. No real innovations and the game feels like a step back from Diablo 2. Really disappointed I would not recommend buying the game. I really hope they release major updates to include more class customization.... Expand
  96. May 23, 2012
    The tuning in Inferno is the dumbest game design decision I have ever seen. What was blizzard thinking? Missing half the features at launch with a social system worse than D2's is just icing on the turdcake.
  97. May 23, 2012
    Cannot believe how disappointing this game has been to me. Blizzard completely missed the mark.

And yet they literally remain silent, hundreds of thousands of accounts are being hacked every single day because of a server loophole and they say and do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in

Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in due to the 5000 exploitable chests/bosses etc that are in this game, its not about grinding gear for inferno it's about grinding money for buying gear from the AH that people have exploited to farm inferno.
  98. May 24, 2012
    Ok, so from the start of the game I was disappointed. I found out that they had styled the game the same way as they did with their new game Mists of Pandaria which is awful in so many ways, but the main is that they did not have any talent trees. Thats right, no talent trees whatsoever. You might ask yourself why they feel the need to take out talent trees and put in this panda styleOk, so from the start of the game I was disappointed. I found out that they had styled the game the same way as they did with their new game Mists of Pandaria which is awful in so many ways, but the main is that they did not have any talent trees. Thats right, no talent trees whatsoever. You might ask yourself why they feel the need to take out talent trees and put in this panda style skill system, and the answer is that they felt like it would be easier to balance... The word "Balance" has ruined this game, they were actually so lazy when making this game that they didnt feel like dealing with any other variables than necessary so they went ahead and made it to what skills you picked had little to no impact on how you play. This alone is a reason for me to say that this game has no replay value whatsoever, and it has even less satisfaction from beating it, the best feeling I got from beating Diablo 2 was to see my weak starting character transform into a heroic Juggernaut through the particular stacking of skills, I remember that I stacked so many points on my druid that I could constantly have 10 or so summoned wolfs helping me at once, this game lacks all of that original diversification therefore making it the retarded offspring of what was Diablo. Expand
  99. May 25, 2012
    I was willing to overlook the connection problems, the poor itemization, the terrible story, and the general dumbing down of characters. What I'm not willing to overlook however, is that my account has been hacked half a dozen times now, without my account itself being compromised. Blizzards servers themselves are vulnerable to attack, effectively destroying any effort put into the game.I was willing to overlook the connection problems, the poor itemization, the terrible story, and the general dumbing down of characters. What I'm not willing to overlook however, is that my account has been hacked half a dozen times now, without my account itself being compromised. Blizzards servers themselves are vulnerable to attack, effectively destroying any effort put into the game. Activision Blizzard keeps ignoring the problem, blaming players who "must have" given up their login info somehow, when I'm absolutely certain that is not the case. Do not buy this game. I wanted to love it, but I can't. Activision has effectively destroyed any reputation for quality Blizzard had with the release of this game, and it's so incredibly sad. Expand
  100. May 25, 2012
    I have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can'tI have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can't "use" melee/ranged items.... The list goes on and on. After hours of giving the game a chance to impress me and moving all the way to Act 3, I was absolutely disgusted how boring, childish, and overall fake everything came out to be. The atmosphere of the game isn't dark enough and I don't feel like I have any control over the outcome of the character. This game does not deserve the word Diablo in its title!! Honest to God I went out and sold the game to someone my cousin knew and helped them change the blizzard account information. YEAH.. IT WAS THAT TERRIBLE.... Blizzard, you honestly blew it. SOOOO Disappointing....... Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012