Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Feb 8, 2014
    you can call it **** or scam. This game ruined diablo's franchise, turning it into a cheesy pay2win for coach junkies or beliebers. Stay away and keep the money
  2. Feb 20, 2014
    What have you done, Blizzard? Nobody likes the story not even the whole game. All you do is stacking 5x Nephalem in Festering Wood then you enter a prepared crypt in mp10 and you level the same character class up to 100 all over again to get a paragon 1000 toon in the next expansion. All you do is clear the same lame crypt tapping 1-1-1-1-1 like a retard in Archon form and beam while rightWhat have you done, Blizzard? Nobody likes the story not even the whole game. All you do is stacking 5x Nephalem in Festering Wood then you enter a prepared crypt in mp10 and you level the same character class up to 100 all over again to get a paragon 1000 toon in the next expansion. All you do is clear the same lame crypt tapping 1-1-1-1-1 like a retard in Archon form and beam while right clicking everywhere. Here is my score infinite 0-0-0-0-0! Expand
  3. Mar 3, 2014
    I write my review nearly 2 years after the game release, so I wasn't there for the game day release woes. Though I can understand the vitriol when coupled with the game itself.

-There wasn't a great deal of innovation on the series. I've played all the the Diablo games and enjoyed them for what they were. That being said, it seems reasonable to have slightly higher expectations for a game that was released after a 10 year gap in the series.

-My most immediate turn off was the boring loot. In a game that's literally about collecting loot, the items were terrible. Armor sets that match for bonuses, cool proc effects, legendary items that grant fun abilities...all gone and replaced with stat sticks. Even the stats on the legendary items were bad.

-Customization was gone. I liked being able to distribute my stats. Even if each point gave me improvement measured in some tiny percentage, it was satisfying to do so.

-Pay to win. This is completely ridiculous. I'm not a competitive player, so I ignored the auction house completely. Though the fact that it exists is very, very wrong.

-Price. At the time of release the game was $60. It had dropped when I bought it and is due to drop again. Though I suspect a $40 expansion is in the works. This just seems a little over the top when similar games are so much cheaper. (Torchlight 2 $15, Path of Exile FREE)

What the game gets right are great looking graphics, the always high quality Blizzard cinematics, and bug free gameplay. The voice acting, though cheesy, is done by some of the best in the business. It just wasn't enough though. I've rarely felt "cheated" by a game, but for the price, Diablo III just wasn't worth it.
  4. Mar 16, 2014
    I will not rate a game that has always-online a 1, let alone what Blizzard said about why offline mode will not be implemented. For Blizzard to say that they didn't make that game but made it offline on console for one, and for two they claim that gamers don't remember how angry they were by Diablo 2 being offline. I was without internet for about 8 days and I couldn't even load it to aI will not rate a game that has always-online a 1, let alone what Blizzard said about why offline mode will not be implemented. For Blizzard to say that they didn't make that game but made it offline on console for one, and for two they claim that gamers don't remember how angry they were by Diablo 2 being offline. I was without internet for about 8 days and I couldn't even load it to a login screen let alone anything else. If the auction house is closed then what's the point of it being online. If there was an offline mode for PC then I would rate this a 6 out of 10 Expand
  5. Mar 28, 2015
    Diablo 2 is my favourite hack and slay game on PC, so i just can give Diablo 3 a 0 out of 10. Blizzard made everything wrong in this game. Especially in 2012 at release. Servers not reachable and no possibilty to play offline. Real Money AH.... Skillsystem for 5 year old kids.... The things that i like in Diablo are not in the game. For example, a great Offline Single Player, well thoughtDiablo 2 is my favourite hack and slay game on PC, so i just can give Diablo 3 a 0 out of 10. Blizzard made everything wrong in this game. Especially in 2012 at release. Servers not reachable and no possibilty to play offline. Real Money AH.... Skillsystem for 5 year old kids.... The things that i like in Diablo are not in the game. For example, a great Offline Single Player, well thought out skill system with synergies, dark depressing and grown up look, a Diablo-boss Model thats worthy. When i saw Diablo as a boss in Diablo 2 the first time, my heart beat was 200 and i was afraid of being killed. But when i saw Diablo in Diablo 3 i thought, are you **** kidding me??? Thats it? looking like **** Andariel in Diablo 2. There are People who payed 60 bucks at release and 40 for reapers of souls. Blizzard tryed to make it better over the years. But they aren't able to make the diablo 3 that it should be. skill System has got paragon System, that makes it a Little better. but still no offline mode and loot is still not as good as it could be. It's a pity that they didn't take the things that are good in diablo 2 to diablo 3 and make better graphics and a few things new or things that were bad in diablo 2 better. Instead of this they made everything different and in my opinion thats no longer a diablo game. =( Expand
  6. May 15, 2012
    Horribly awful. No point in this game and it's pretty clear this was made just to cash out with the Diablo name so that retarded fanboys would shove more money into the direction of Activision-Blizzard.
  7. May 15, 2012
    Getting disconnected from single player all the time. Very buggy, unfinished with dumbed down customization and cartoon graphics. Just terrible. And to top it all off over-intrusive DRM; because you know, its not like I planned on playing it later on in life when the servers are shut down.
  8. May 15, 2012
    I am so angry that I can't get enough of it!! With extreme exasperation I am telling that I like what I am seeing so far however my anger can't suppressed any longer so I am going ahead and be blunt and very harsh: It exceeded all my expectations! How dare you, Blizzard, for making a game actually fun to play, I really hoped you would never be capable of doing it even after these longI am so angry that I can't get enough of it!! With extreme exasperation I am telling that I like what I am seeing so far however my anger can't suppressed any longer so I am going ahead and be blunt and very harsh: It exceeded all my expectations! How dare you, Blizzard, for making a game actually fun to play, I really hoped you would never be capable of doing it even after these long years of waiting and then this!? Unbelievable! What were you thinking when you created this gem and possible piece of new reference for this genre!? A thousand curses upon you for actually making an intuitive interface and learned from the clunky approach you exposed us to in Diablo 2! Don't get me started with the skill and rune system, with madness troubling my mind I have to yet to find out the many more choices and dynamics it has to offer, you didn't even dare to gamble, you outright tossed the old cookie-cutter-inducing skill system out of the window!? With fiery rage coursing through my veins I am having troubles of expressing the sheer ingenuity of creating this annoyingly well-thought out crafting system. At least my ill temper I should not overlook the graphical aspect which while not sporting the highest fidelity makes me seethe with incredible anger about it still looking well-crafted and could you please not try to lower yourself a bit, why does it always have to be the highest quality when it comes to sound!? Such indigenously good quality shall not be left unmentioned to the world! With unfathomable hatred I am looking forward of spending many times playing this game! I am through with waiting, I've had enough of it, finally it is done and too much dismay it didn't disappoint. Wrathfully yours, Mr.Unbiased. Expand
  9. May 15, 2012
    As others have said, launch day server failures are an embarrassing but enlightening example of exactly how bad DRM is for gamers. Add that to boring, casualized gameplay and you have a shining (or should I say reeking) example of the state of the gaming industry today.
  10. May 15, 2012
    Game is a absolute, utter, disappointment. The entire BETA was spend fixing their paid auction house and it shows. The gameplay it self is horrible, dumbed down, and hand holding. The framework is terrible, not only requiring a constant internet connection to play single player, but the game dials home and waits for a response every. single. attack. Any attack that hits more then 3Game is a absolute, utter, disappointment. The entire BETA was spend fixing their paid auction house and it shows. The gameplay it self is horrible, dumbed down, and hand holding. The framework is terrible, not only requiring a constant internet connection to play single player, but the game dials home and waits for a response every. single. attack. Any attack that hits more then 3 things lags with micro stutter. Expand
  11. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has handled the whole thing very poorly. First off, I have to mention the DRM. What a **** absolute disgrace!!! I have to stay connected to the internet at all times?! To play the game?! In SINGLE-PLAYER?! WHAT. THE. **** Please don't give any reason to support their DRM. Please don't say it stops scammers and hackers, because if you do so then you're the biggest moron that everBlizzard has handled the whole thing very poorly. First off, I have to mention the DRM. What a **** absolute disgrace!!! I have to stay connected to the internet at all times?! To play the game?! In SINGLE-PLAYER?! WHAT. THE. **** Please don't give any reason to support their DRM. Please don't say it stops scammers and hackers, because if you do so then you're the biggest moron that ever lived and should go die in a gutter somewhere. I BOUGHT THE **** GAME, WHY MUST I REMAIN CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET TO PLAY THE GAME IN SINGLE-PLAYER???!!!

And if your internet connection sucks, give up all your hopes of ever playing this game. Besides that, there are many game-breaking bugs that will prevent you from logging into your account and playing the game. And how long has this game been in development?! Why the **** didn't they fix all the bugs?!

I bet even the pirates give better service, and for FREE. So thanks, Blizzard, for releasing this huge steaming pile of **** I hope you all rot and burn in hell and go bankrupt. Adiós, mother****ers!
  12. May 15, 2012
    So, this is it. This is how Blizzard falls. First, they mutilate World of Warcraft with Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria (WoTLK was pretty boring though not as bad). Now they crank out this turd, Diablo 3. Where do I even start? Constant online DRM, no character customization, poor cartoony graphics, real money auction house, 6 hour long campaign (and that's when paying attention to theSo, this is it. This is how Blizzard falls. First, they mutilate World of Warcraft with Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria (WoTLK was pretty boring though not as bad). Now they crank out this turd, Diablo 3. Where do I even start? Constant online DRM, no character customization, poor cartoony graphics, real money auction house, 6 hour long campaign (and that's when paying attention to the story). This is a joke! I think if I were put in charge of Diablo 3 even I could do a better job.

No excuses Blizzard. This is your worst release yet. This game took nearly as long as Duke Nukem Forever and is even worse than that game. You are disappointing fans across the world and you will lose tons of money and fans. I hope this sprouts your death, because you're killing the gaming industry with such garbage.

Do not buy this game!
  13. May 15, 2012
    Game had a bery bad launch. The graphics looks like they took WoW and turned it into an isometric game and slapped the name Diablo 3 on it. Very disappointing.
  14. May 15, 2012
    Don't waste your time and money on this game. It's not even close to Diablo 2 or even Diablo 1. Blizzard is just trying to use it's famous title to milk customers.
  15. May 15, 2012
    Within the first few hours, it is obvious to see why so many are disappointed with something that was hyped up so much. Even if you ignore the DRM, the lag and the disconnections (as it is the first day), the game lacks any rpg substance that made the previous titles so good. Among other things, there is no depth in the way skills are managed, no attribute points, no customization what soWithin the first few hours, it is obvious to see why so many are disappointed with something that was hyped up so much. Even if you ignore the DRM, the lag and the disconnections (as it is the first day), the game lacks any rpg substance that made the previous titles so good. Among other things, there is no depth in the way skills are managed, no attribute points, no customization what so ever (and by this I mean in any way, as everyone will have the same build as you),, and you can't even use your primary weapon to attack (that's right, it's just for show). Even if we ignore these, the game itself it just boring relative to other RPGs. Diablo 2, a 13 year old game, is actually much funner to play than this. If you're looking for a good sequel to Diablo, a true rpg game, or even a game that has any play value, I would highly recommend to look past this, it is definitely not up to scratch. And if you don't know where to go after reading this, I urge you to try the game dark souls, it is a brilliant rpg. Expand
  16. May 15, 2012
    Just not that impressed. Auto-leveled character with little to no choices to make each level. Can't really customize my stats to play different ways like in 2. It doesn't look all that much different than 2, which is disappointing for a game released this many years apart. But something is hogging resources, as it doesn't run that well on a 2012 machine.

Persistant internet

Persistant internet connection required for single player is the biggest offense. I can deal with the other shortcomings, but this one is a giant pain. Also, the in game 'tutorial' is really bare bones, there's so much that isn't explained. I shouldn't have to go to a wiki to learn the basic concepts of the game.
  17. May 15, 2012
    Just completed normal, and half of nightmare, its boring and all about crafting, no fun, no cool items, noo cool monsters, music is boring, graphics are old. Giving one for old blizzard reputation.
  18. Jul 7, 2012
    Story is simple, easy, cheap!
    Gameplay is from the early 2000s... simple mechanics, simple game... everything is simple... It's just not worth the name diablo just because it has the context in it.
    No open world pvp, crap character customization, no skill points, no attribute points... everything is set by your gear, which you can buy with real money... Another game wasted by a
    Story is simple, easy, cheap!

Another game wasted by a company that turned WoW into kung fu panda... sure they'll make good money from it but... with a ruined experience, compared to Diablo 2.
    well done!
  19. May 15, 2012
    Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think this game is horrible. There is no LAN, no World PvP, no PvP, no Mods It's Pay2Play and has a Cash Shop that is Pay2Win and has to be Online all the time, and there is only single player. Coupled with the cartoonish graphics, feminization of Diablo, misandric armors for male, not enough sexy armor forAllow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think this game is horrible. There is no LAN, no World PvP, no PvP, no Mods It's Pay2Play and has a Cash Shop that is Pay2Win and has to be Online all the time, and there is only single player. Coupled with the cartoonish graphics, feminization of Diablo, misandric armors for male, not enough sexy armor for the females, and casulized gameplay. This is a shameful display of the Diablo franchise and unacceptable. This is the end of line, Blizzard. I'll stick with Guild Wars 2 and Tribes Ascend. Expand
  20. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely horrendous. I bought a single player game and I have to be online to play offline mode? What kind of wizardy is this **** I mean for christ sakes man if I buy a beer I don't expect an apple juice.
  21. May 15, 2012
    Why is this game named Diablo? The have successfully destroyed what made Diablo 1 & 2 great. They should have named it Call of Demon. This is like Call of Duty meets Diablo. Garbage game... I beat it in 3.5 hours. This is the most dumbed down game ever. Took the week off work for nothing...
  22. May 15, 2012
    Got it and cannot play, even with me trying to play solo. And that's if the game even starts up for me. I don't understand how a solo game requires me to log into their servers.
  23. May 15, 2012
    Cant log in.You would think Blizzard or I should have learned by now. So be it...Ive learned. Not buy next Starcraft. I'm pirating it so I can actually play the game
  24. May 15, 2012
    It's essentially more of the same, nothing new, kind of a dumbed down version of Diablo 2, all features that had interesting promise in the development were removed since Blizzards target group apparently either are in preschool or are too stupid to understand skillpoints.

Such a shame... don't understand the Hype.. what is new? Storyline is **** compared to other blizzard titles
  25. May 15, 2012
    Blunder of the century. Instead Blizzard investing money in game making, they decided to invest in aggressive viral marketing campaign. The game itself is total mess, however well suited for Zynga audience. Zero replay value. Game obviously designed with 4 year olds and quadruamputees in mind. I honestly think that was my worst decision in gaming life to buys such pile of actiblizzard.
  26. May 15, 2012
    -unable to play on launch
    -requires constant connection (no offline single-player)
    -dumbed down and simplified
    -terrible story, mass effect 3-tier ending
    -it's like im really playing world of casualcraft
  27. May 15, 2012
    I am Blizzard's complete and utter incompetence. I am many closed betas, an open beta, and a stress test that all amounted to nothing. I am the customer's disappointment, frustration, and wasted time. I am the reason why every single person who purchased Diablo 3 should be able to attain a refund if they so please.
  28. May 15, 2012
    I still don't know why they spent last 4 years making that ridiculous skill system. And now I'm not even able to connect to their servers. The game looks like a bad cartoon movie. I'm totally disappointed
  29. May 15, 2012
    Here is a series of bad decisions and inexcusable failure. Whoever thought always online DRM should be a requirement is an idiot and should be fired . Never mind that the company doing it runs the largest and most successful MMO in the world but they can't handle the login servers for a single player game. Up until now my only actual experience with the game has been attending a midnightHere is a series of bad decisions and inexcusable failure. Whoever thought always online DRM should be a requirement is an idiot and should be fired . Never mind that the company doing it runs the largest and most successful MMO in the world but they can't handle the login servers for a single player game. Up until now my only actual experience with the game has been attending a midnight release to pick up a collectors edition, finding out I need to wait three hours anyway until they decide to open the servers, entering my password for two hours, giving up and going to sleep and waking up to find I still can not log in. If this is "fun" then the hell with Blizzard. I used to be a massive Blizzard fan but I won't be buying any more of their products by the look of it, they're no longer trustworthy and their "when it's done" attitude has just become and excuse to take years to release what amounts to a shabby and inferior product anyway. Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    RAZOR, SKIDROW and all the other warez groups, unite and crack this dumb DRM! show Blizzard that we wont take thier **** death to DRM! Ubisoft failed with it, and Blizzard shall fail too!
  31. May 15, 2012
    stupid game,GO TO HELL!. oh wait, it's already in hell. All about it is disappointing. I've been a Diablo fan for a long time but then you give me this.. What the hell Blizzard? This all errors things and your stupid DRM giving me a headache. Why no in steam? money whoring company
  32. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is obviously inferior to Mists of Pandaria. Models are reduced in poly, server firsts were replaced with casual achievements, story stinks with misogyny. Satan is a woman? Really, Activision? Environment has become much more childish-like with happy colors, lots of light and even ponies (!). And this all is for 60$, a price big enough even for standard game, let alone WoWDiablo 3 is obviously inferior to Mists of Pandaria. Models are reduced in poly, server firsts were replaced with casual achievements, story stinks with misogyny. Satan is a woman? Really, Activision? Environment has become much more childish-like with happy colors, lots of light and even ponies (!). And this all is for 60$, a price big enough even for standard game, let alone WoW expansion.

If you want good and mature WoW I recommend you to stay in Mists of Pandaria and do not touch this casual babyfest.
  33. May 15, 2012
    What a mess. Mediocre beta. Horrible release. No character customization, no more attribute points. story is terrible. Finished in 3 hours. Repetitive tripe, IMO. There is a reason there are hundreds of negative reviews which is why I think they spent so much cash on splashy TV commercials. I wish there were lemon laws for video games.
  34. May 15, 2012
    Man, I can log into the game. First I could then I couldnt and then I could again and now its down so long it aint funny! They knew what was going to happen and still they blame us paying customers for their crap!
  35. May 15, 2012
    Utter rubbish. It's been hours now since EU launch and the servers aren't working and there's absolutely no response from any EU Blizzard reps. Don't buy this game.
  36. May 15, 2012
    How can you give this game a 10 when its unplayable you got jokes, this game has been up for three days in asia yet all we get is nonstop problems in America

jokes
  37. May 15, 2012
    Unplayable, and I really mean unplayable as I have yet to successfully login to play a for the most part singleplayer game. I only have a few hours a day I could spend on gaming and to be unable to play this game makes it worthless and it therefore earns the zero I'm giving it.
  38. May 15, 2012
    This is the most disappointing moment of my gaming career. The idea of playing a game in single player mode whilst having to be constantly connected to a server if the most ridiculous concept anyone has ever come up with to fight piracy. I hope they pirate the life out of this game. I'm a paying customer and I've been spat on, and then told to suck it up. I really want to support theThis is the most disappointing moment of my gaming career. The idea of playing a game in single player mode whilst having to be constantly connected to a server if the most ridiculous concept anyone has ever come up with to fight piracy. I hope they pirate the life out of this game. I'm a paying customer and I've been spat on, and then told to suck it up. I really want to support the gaming industry. I really, really do, but this is insulting. If you're going to force me to stay connected to your servers, at the very least ensure they're up for when I want to play. To hell with you Activision, and Blizzard, you should have known better. Expand
  39. May 15, 2012
    Haven't been able to play yet at all...been sitting for hours getting error messages and unable to log in. You HAVE to log in to the server even if you just want to play single player, so literally have not played ANY yet.
  40. May 15, 2012
    ... After all this years, for this much money, and i cant login... no single player offline, but you cant login to play alone... this is a bad joke for this much money.
  41. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard does not posses the technology to ensure their servers are able to handle this amount of traffic. Either that or the technology does not exist. Regardless of the actual reason, this game isn't playable at launch like every Blizzard product released. We can all be glad that Blizzard doesn't manufacture things that are important like cars, airplanes, space-shuttles, nuclearBlizzard does not posses the technology to ensure their servers are able to handle this amount of traffic. Either that or the technology does not exist. Regardless of the actual reason, this game isn't playable at launch like every Blizzard product released. We can all be glad that Blizzard doesn't manufacture things that are important like cars, airplanes, space-shuttles, nuclear reactors, power plants or anything where lives are at stake. Bravo Blizzard, bravo. Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard had 12 years time, extensive beta tests and considerable ressources - and they decided to make a single player game into a online necessity - no excuse - most people cant even download the game properly or install it! let alone play it! dowloader cant patch the game - people trying for 15 hours for solutions (myself allready for 12 now), errors over errors, - and the dumbestBlizzard had 12 years time, extensive beta tests and considerable ressources - and they decided to make a single player game into a online necessity - no excuse - most people cant even download the game properly or install it! let alone play it! dowloader cant patch the game - people trying for 15 hours for solutions (myself allready for 12 now), errors over errors, - and the dumbest possible - administrator issues, firewall issues, anti virus issues, account control issues etc. etc. and than the game tells me my os is to old (win 7 64)....12 hours and havent even been on the character screen - am i getting payed for playing technical support for blizzard? dont buy this game - dont support a company that spitts in your face! 1 month down the road maybe (but then comes gw2 out soon so who care about diablo3)...shame on you blizzard Expand
  43. May 15, 2012
    Ill try to point out what bothers my, cause we all know the things that this game does correctly. We've been told by journalists, ads, developers etc.
    1/ No connection. Seriously? The biggest MMO company and i cannot play single player at all (even if it was achievmentless, or limited, or just a class try-out). They had 2 000 000 preorders so they had to see this coming. As I was logging in I saw D3 ad sayin "available now". Trust me, its not.
    2/ Graphic style. A bit to WoW-y for me. Of course we all saw the game videos before the premiere, still i have this feeling that Diablo's atmosphere is fading away with every minute i play ( if log in is possible of course). If I wanted Torchlight I'd wait for Torchlight 2. 3/ Tech. It's old. textures suck. And the graphics aren't biggest issue for me. Have You tried Drakensang online? It's a BROWSER GAME that looks pretty similar to this 15GB monster. And I'm saying this as a big SC2 fan - the graphics should serve the gameplay, and in this case they're not helping and i still can see all the slips. Oh, a game 12 years in making and some weapons look like copied from WOW. 4/ Voice acting. I'm in act 2 and it's not event close to deep, charismatic voices from D2. I can still remember characters from Diablo 2, and i cannot enumerate even one char from act1 except for Cain.
    5/ It just doesnt feel Diablo that much...
  44. May 15, 2012
    The game when available is highly polished. Day 1 they realized constant internet tethering and no offline single-player's major flaw. Most of NA hasn't been able to play at all while EU players are already in hell mode act 2.
  45. May 15, 2012
    Seriously, can I get my money back? Why would it be acceptable to charge $60 for essentially an unusable product? I was able to get in for a little bit, and based on that experience, even if I could log in, I would still want to try to get my money back. No skill point assignments, total handholding, a game that nowhere resembles the greatness of D1 and DII - Back to my originalSeriously, can I get my money back? Why would it be acceptable to charge $60 for essentially an unusable product? I was able to get in for a little bit, and based on that experience, even if I could log in, I would still want to try to get my money back. No skill point assignments, total handholding, a game that nowhere resembles the greatness of D1 and DII - Back to my original question, can someone at Blizzard please contact me about getting my refund? Expand
  46. May 15, 2012
    This game is inexcuseable. Nothing, absolutely nothing, can justify this tripe that Blizzard brands as Diablo 3. I wont even get into the DRM, Auction House or connection issues, they're well and truly taken care off, but instead focus on the level cap. Does anyone in Blizzard even remember Diablo 2 any more? Sure you replayed the game repeatedly for drops, but also to get xp for thatThis game is inexcuseable. Nothing, absolutely nothing, can justify this tripe that Blizzard brands as Diablo 3. I wont even get into the DRM, Auction House or connection issues, they're well and truly taken care off, but instead focus on the level cap. Does anyone in Blizzard even remember Diablo 2 any more? Sure you replayed the game repeatedly for drops, but also to get xp for that extra level...for those extra few abillity points. And as your level went up and the game scaled, you had to put in a LOT of time to gain more and more levels, and if you died you had to retrieve your stuff in a non too friendly dungeon. I can't tell if you still have to retrieve your stuff manually, because I completed the game without dying, and without even coming close. Level 60 level cap shows PRECISELY what this game is: A VERY poor WOW imitation, with even less character customization than the afore mentioned.
    This game is in essence a game for kids. There is no balancing the skills, balancing the abillity scores or collecting those butch weapons. Thats all gone. Instead you get a game where everybody will end up as clones. My 3 year old boy has a game called "Bunny goes camping" where you solve puzzles and get awarded gear for a big party. Diablo 3 plays exactly like that game, and I am being perfectly honest. The game just isn't worth it.
    Then there's all the counter BS about how you can't give a game a "0". I can and I will, and I'll tell you why. Blizzard has advertised this game in a big way. So much so that they were setting them self up to fail. Imagine Lord of the Rings shot in a University dorm, with the outside shots on the campus park grounds, all with shaky videocamera. Wouldn't be LOTR now would it? By the same standards, Diablo 3 completely bombs and for that reason it deserves a 0.
    Do NOT buy this game. Not now, not later(after they've patched it), not ever. Steer well clear of this title unless you're a WOW fan, in which case you'll love it.
  47. May 15, 2012
    The game is really good........if you actually get to play it. **** up login system. **** way to go Failzzard with your **** servers and single player online crap. I wish I hadn't bought it.
  48. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3, finally after 12 years this game is released. When I preordered this game I expected to play it the moment the servers were open. So I try to login and get a "Error 37" message. I try for about half an hour and finally I can enter the realms of Diablo. Within the first hour of Diablo 3 I find out that there is no character customization at all and no attribute points at all. TheDiablo 3, finally after 12 years this game is released. When I preordered this game I expected to play it the moment the servers were open. So I try to login and get a "Error 37" message. I try for about half an hour and finally I can enter the realms of Diablo. Within the first hour of Diablo 3 I find out that there is no character customization at all and no attribute points at all. The "deepness" of the first two games are all thrown out of the window. Instead we are greeted with a simplified version of Diablo 2 with cartoony graphics which look quite outdated, however I would like to add that the sound effects are great.
    Now I see what Blizzard did here. They used the name Diablo and made a casual game to get some quick cash. As expected a lot of people (2 million+) bought it even though this game doesn't deserve all the hype it got. It's not a great game, if anything it's mediocre.
    Now another problem I have with this game is the DRM. I can't believe that people put up with this... Gamers should boycott game companies that do this and not let them get away with it.
    You remember when single-player games didn't require an internet connection? I do, but apparently Blizzard doesn't. This game requires a internet connection .. yeah. A single-player game that requires DRM.. So just imagine for a second Blizzards Diablo 3 servers being Ddos attacked. It would mean that you wont be able to play Diablo 3, even though it's a single-player game.

SO because of all of this, I would rate this game a 3. 12 years waiting for a alpha clone of Diablo 2.. No thanks
  49. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard's biggest flop yet. All good things must come to an end, they were very successful with their previous games but they were bound to release a flop sooner or later and Diablo 3 is that flop. I can't believe a company like Blizzard has so many problems on launch day with Diablo 3. You can't login, can't create character, and if you manage to get in then you get errors at characterBlizzard's biggest flop yet. All good things must come to an end, they were very successful with their previous games but they were bound to release a flop sooner or later and Diablo 3 is that flop. I can't believe a company like Blizzard has so many problems on launch day with Diablo 3. You can't login, can't create character, and if you manage to get in then you get errors at character creator. You can't play because of constant DC's and lag. They should've thought about how much stress always online drm would put on their servers before making the decision. There is no complexity to the game, you just follow a path to the end game with no freedom. Occasional choppiness even at a constant 110 fps. The game is not finished. I think this is all a part of Blizzard's plan..to release an unfinished game and then release 50 DLCs and Expansion packs that will cost 49.99-59.99 ea. Do yourself a favor and wait for something like a free trial or something, or try the game on your friend's account before buying. Everyone has their own taste and opinions and this one is mine. Expand
  50. May 15, 2012
    After development for more than a decade, this game is a complete downgrade from Diablo 2. Personally the biggest disappointment of the year. It's basically a simplified, toned down version of the highly successful D2. It's playable and fun for a while, but has nearly zero replayability due to no skilltrees, customization and overly scripted gameplay. A graphically updated D2 would beAfter development for more than a decade, this game is a complete downgrade from Diablo 2. Personally the biggest disappointment of the year. It's basically a simplified, toned down version of the highly successful D2. It's playable and fun for a while, but has nearly zero replayability due to no skilltrees, customization and overly scripted gameplay. A graphically updated D2 would be miles better than this. Expand
  51. May 15, 2012
    In order to play this single-player game, you have to be logged into the Diablo 3 servers online. When those servers are down, you don't get to play the game. Period. This is how it has been most of the first day of launch. Single player games need an offline mode. Yes, the game has co-op, but I don't want to use that functionality, then I shouldn't need to sign into Blizzard'sIn order to play this single-player game, you have to be logged into the Diablo 3 servers online. When those servers are down, you don't get to play the game. Period. This is how it has been most of the first day of launch. Single player games need an offline mode. Yes, the game has co-op, but I don't want to use that functionality, then I shouldn't need to sign into Blizzard's servers to play. 1/10 for a game that is all but unplayable at launch and doesn't include a LAN mode. Expand
  52. May 15, 2012
    Disregard the trolls... that are giving this game more than 2. As always Blizzard-Activision is showing us how much they don't care about us, but about our money. The game is plainly bad, and it's made for the WoW audience, instead of the original Diablo fans. Even if you feel like you may enjoy the game (that you'll have problems even playing because of forced internet connections), doDisregard the trolls... that are giving this game more than 2. As always Blizzard-Activision is showing us how much they don't care about us, but about our money. The game is plainly bad, and it's made for the WoW audience, instead of the original Diablo fans. Even if you feel like you may enjoy the game (that you'll have problems even playing because of forced internet connections), do NOT buy it, don't give any amount of cash to Blizzard, do not feed the beast that is killing gaming. Expand
  53. May 15, 2012
    Great job Blizzard. Just got my Collectors Edition in the mail and I can't play it because of the DRM that you've implemented. If you're going to put DRM in a game, you sure as well better be able to handle people logging in. Can't even play offline.

I'm sure the game is good, but you can't rate what you can't play on launch day.
  54. May 15, 2012
    Graphics: Disappointing, I was expecting something better. The cartoony look does not justify the sub-par graphics.

Storyline: Boring, boring, boring Character creation: zero customization, all same-class characters will be exactly alike Biggest gripe: Can not play single player without server support (then is it really single player?). Blizzard took DRM to a level that screws over

Storyline: Boring, boring, boring

Biggest gripe: Can not play single player without server support (then is it really single player?). Blizzard took DRM to a level that screws over customers. With such a large revenue from pre-orders you'd think Blizzard would do more to ensure a a launch where players could at least play by themselves.
  55. May 16, 2012
    I was finally able to get on today...pretty smooth on the first act...until...i get to the skeleton king, server reset 3 times....then the servers went down. had to fight my way to him three times...never to get to him due to the servers. I hate the fact you have to rely on there servers to be able to play this game...very annoying
  56. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is out. It took 11 years to make. The graphics look 10 years old and its only 6 hours long. But don't worry kids you can buy hats with moms credit card!
  57. May 15, 2012
    5 hours to install...another 5 hours troubleshooting cause of errors in the folders...and another 5 now 6 hours of waiting to enter the server that keeps going in maintenance...buyer beware! you are at the mercy of blizzards online server!
  58. May 15, 2012
    I'll skip the already-covered areas of DRM, server availability and pay-to-win auction houses. What prompted this review is Blizzard's customer service and absolute lack of forethought about simple aspects of the game.

Case in point: I accidentally mistyped by BattleTag and opened a ticket to reset it. The reply? "Sorry, we didn't code for that." Seriously? From crashy servers to

Seriously?

From crashy servers to generic, unchangeable BattleTag IDs, there is no part of the technical infrastructure that Blizzard executed properly. Since I can't play the game itself without the servers, my only frame of reference is what I saw during the beta test phase:

* The artwork is okay, if somewhat "toony."
    * The story is okay, if somewhat generic.
    * The Witch Doctor class feels entirely out-of-place, as if it belongs in some other game.
    * The skill and rune systems have been dumbed down from Diablo 2.

Overall, Diablo 3 is an average-to-mediocre experience at a premium price. The game plays more like an Activision title than a Blizzard one. Let the buyer beware....
  59. May 15, 2012
    Can't even log in to play the game. Blizzard makes billions of dollars, and you'd think they would have learned some lessons about launching new online games and the stress created on their servers from millions of players. Oh, and we're playing a beta version of the game with bugs that absolutely SHOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH TO LIVE. $60? Are you **** kidding me? Not in this day andCan't even log in to play the game. Blizzard makes billions of dollars, and you'd think they would have learned some lessons about launching new online games and the stress created on their servers from millions of players. Oh, and we're playing a beta version of the game with bugs that absolutely SHOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH TO LIVE. $60? Are you **** kidding me? Not in this day and age, completely unacceptable. Expand
  60. May 15, 2012
    Taken objectively this game is barely passible, and that's extremely disappointing for something in the Diablo series. Instead of a dark, gritty, evil, game with realistic graphics that we wanted, we got a cross between WoW and Spiral Knights with the Diablo lore for flavor.

The graphics look like a 90s comic book with a blur filter. As others have said this is what WoW would look if they ever updated it for 2006. The best I can say is that they're uniformly bad instead of intermittently bad, so the game doesn't give you hope that it will get better. There is no offline or LAN play. Blizzard's misguided attempt to limit piracy by forcing users to log in is backfiring by hurting legitimate customers. Add to that the fact that the servers keep going offline and you get a taste for how it will feel in 10 years when you're nostalgic, but find that you can't play the game ~at all~ because Blizzard has removed the servers for it.

The gameplay itself is pretty standard hack and slash action RPG, but the character development has the depth of Wee Man's kiddie pool. Spells/Abilities are automatically unlocked as you level. There are runes that give them slightly different properties, but nothing that really changes how you use them in practice. Attributes and other passive skills are completely automated, so you have zero ability to mix and match with your skills to find interesting combinations.

The final shovel on the grave of this game is the real money auction house. Like the servers, it's not even ready at "launch", but it's basically planned to make pay-to-win an ever stronger reality than it already is in the illegal item markets in WoW and other games. I'll be playing Path of Exile instead. The graphics in PoE aren't perfect, but they're the style we wanted from D3. The depth of character build options in PoE are *amazing*. Best of all, PoE is free! The things you can buy are ALL completely cosmetic, and the company is very vocal about their own dislike for pay2win. Try it instead of paying for any of the BS that Blizzard is trying to feed us with D3.
  61. May 15, 2012
    i actually got in for about 20 min before servers went to hell.not bad but not great.average at best.there is no excuse for the game not being playable considering the amount of time it toolk to get released.the irony is that people giving this game a 10 and calling the rest of us trolls for being pist at the lack of polish for a game thats been in development for 12yrs are in fact trollsi actually got in for about 20 min before servers went to hell.not bad but not great.average at best.there is no excuse for the game not being playable considering the amount of time it toolk to get released.the irony is that people giving this game a 10 and calling the rest of us trolls for being pist at the lack of polish for a game thats been in development for 12yrs are in fact trolls themselves.60$ in this economy is alot for pc game,shame on you blizzard for treating your fans with such little regard. :( Expand
  62. May 16, 2012
    I thought i brought Diablo 3 not another copy of WoW?
    I love how blizzard decided to dumb this game down, no attribute points, no skill trees?? /end sarcasm.

Very very dissapointed.
  63. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 2 with updated graphics, a real money auction house and DRM that prevents people from playing equals one bad game. It's a shame what's happened to Blizzard. Terrible, stay away from this one.
  64. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo. This is a bad clone of the game that we knew and loved. Blizzard removed from the game are good things, and added a useless. I do not advise buying this game, it is the failure of Blizzard.
  65. May 15, 2012
    So I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 & 2. Played them for years. Was excited for Diablo 3 - never got in the beta. Decided to buy it anyway. After hours of connection problems and frustration I finally got in. I finished the entire story in 3 hours. Was not even a fun experience. Decided to just uninstall and sell my account. What an awful, awful, short game. I'm embarrassed this shares theSo I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 & 2. Played them for years. Was excited for Diablo 3 - never got in the beta. Decided to buy it anyway. After hours of connection problems and frustration I finally got in. I finished the entire story in 3 hours. Was not even a fun experience. Decided to just uninstall and sell my account. What an awful, awful, short game. I'm embarrassed this shares the "Diablo name". Expand
  66. May 15, 2012
    How can they call this an RPG?!?! No stats, abilities, character customization, no nothing. Streamlined, 10 year old WoW cartoon candy graphics that I played through in 5 hours. I have absolutely no interest in playing it again, i only managed to keep my interest up for 5 hours (it took that long to finish because I was constantly interupted by stupid mini-movies that I hadnt asked to see,How can they call this an RPG?!?! No stats, abilities, character customization, no nothing. Streamlined, 10 year old WoW cartoon candy graphics that I played through in 5 hours. I have absolutely no interest in playing it again, i only managed to keep my interest up for 5 hours (it took that long to finish because I was constantly interupted by stupid mini-movies that I hadnt asked to see, the actualy gameplay was probably less than 3 hours) because it felt surreal how bad it was. So bad that I had to keep playing it as some ironic devine joke.
    This is an action game for mentally challanged kids with attention problems. FU blizzard...
  67. May 15, 2012
    Lag in a single player game - really terrible and unplayable if you are Oceanic or not in the USA with 180ms lag. Not to mention bad indicators of where the monster is on your screen vs where you can clearly see the spell hitting.

The error 37 and other network crap to get on are just icing on the cake of fail that this is.
  68. May 15, 2012
    Craptastic. Played closed beta right up until release. Realized they were shipping a game nothing like the predecessors wrapped in Diablo packaging. Realized early on that only the biggest fans and those not paying attention would go for it. Advised friends not to go for it. Just read their reviews and my 2/10 looks good in respect. At least I'm not out $60 to $120. This game is to DiabloCraptastic. Played closed beta right up until release. Realized they were shipping a game nothing like the predecessors wrapped in Diablo packaging. Realized early on that only the biggest fans and those not paying attention would go for it. Advised friends not to go for it. Just read their reviews and my 2/10 looks good in respect. At least I'm not out $60 to $120. This game is to Diablo what Dawn of War 2 was to that franchise, a spinoff more than a sequel. Oh, and the story itself (I finished it through hell mode in the beta) appears to have been written by a fanfic lemon writer who really wanted old characters to hook up. Strike that, fanfiction is better. *shudder* Expand
  69. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is Dungeon Siege 3 with an always online DRM.
    No stat points, just like Dungeon Siege 3
    Automatically get every skill instead of opting for customized builds, just like Dungeon Siege 3 Items are the only way to affect stat points, just like Dungeon Siege 3 Health/Mana orbs, just like Dungeon Siege 3 Dungeon Siege 3 was terrible and got boring real quick, Diablo 3 has many of the
    Diablo 3 is Dungeon Siege 3 with an always online DRM.
    No stat points, just like Dungeon Siege 3
    Items are the only way to affect stat points, just like Dungeon Siege 3
    Health/Mana orbs, just like Dungeon Siege 3

Dungeon Siege 3 was terrible and got boring real quick, Diablo 3 has many of the same inferior mechanics, some aspects that are better, but one aspect that is much much worse. Always online DRM... even play the single player game.

Given these limitations and the overall game length the launch price should have been $30.
  70. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard are the biggest gaming company in the world (11 billion dollars) with over 4000 employees and they still cant launch a game right. Ain't this one big fail? They wanted to be cheap about all of this so they didn't buy bigger servers that could hold all of the players. Now because of their greed every legitimate player is suffering. The real money auction house is one of the manyBlizzard are the biggest gaming company in the world (11 billion dollars) with over 4000 employees and they still cant launch a game right. Ain't this one big fail? They wanted to be cheap about all of this so they didn't buy bigger servers that could hold all of the players. Now because of their greed every legitimate player is suffering. The real money auction house is one of the many things that have ruined this game. Now every kid with their parents credit card at hand can become stronger than people who play for a much longer time. I wouldn't mind it if there was no PVP. But there is, so its not going to be fair at all. Another point - there is no single player and no LAN. Which is just absolutely retarded, even for Blizzard. I just played a bit of single player right now and it was LAGGING MASSIVELY. I just cant express my feelings with words alone. Blizzard failed in so many ways... Expand
  71. May 15, 2012
    This game is such a disappointment after Diablo 2. They completely removed any form of character customization. Every single hero of a class is the same as any other hero of that class. There are no more unique builds both attributes and skills are automatically gotten for you as you level up. It tries far too hard to hold your hand and made it impossible to make your character unique.
  72. May 15, 2012
    I would love to write a full review, but I can't log into my single player game. Nice intro though. The issues will be mostly resolved within a week or two, but this shouldn't need to be an issue.

Customers shouldn't be penalised for buying a game. As Gabe Newell said, publishers need to offer a better deal than the pirates do. Blizzard are failing at this right now.
  73. May 15, 2012
    Come on, we can't EVEN review the game you know!?!?!?

Its pretty obvious, Blizzard is how old? How many patch day crashes, launch day crashes, and other things have they dealt with? Don't you think, with what could be their hugest release ever, they maybe should get it right? Vanilla Wow BC WOTLK Cata SC2 Any major wow patch All of those have been marred by issues. When I buy a game, I
    Come on, we can't EVEN review the game you know!?!?!?

Vanilla Wow BC WOTLK Cata SC2 Any major wow patch
    All of those have been marred by issues. When I buy a game, I want to go play it, right **** now. I gave you your $60, now let me play my **** game. Now, not in three hours when you decide to pull your heads outta your asses.
  74. May 16, 2012
    I don't care about the server lag and maintence but to people who say those people are whiners it's not like we paid sixty bucks for this game ohhh yeah we did so yeah we may whine but at least we do it without blizzards dick in r mouth, there's this thing called Stockholm syndrome and I feel bad for u people's who obviously have it So on to the review no customization of cosmetic choicesI don't care about the server lag and maintence but to people who say those people are whiners it's not like we paid sixty bucks for this game ohhh yeah we did so yeah we may whine but at least we do it without blizzards dick in r mouth, there's this thing called Stockholm syndrome and I feel bad for u people's who obviously have it So on to the review no customization of cosmetic choices because u no black people, love pllaying as white people, This is bad but forgivable no stats or attributes okay so was this game designed for a 7 year old come on this is a f-ing point and click adventure now? also limited skills really because that's what every gamer wants, and not only that all people choose the same skills which will only get worse as people learn the best ones same goes for runes. On a sidenote this game from what I can tell does not have random loot as when my game crashed I reset and played through a dungeon again and found much of the same loot but this might be a bug. Also finished game on normal explored and did some side quests in about nine hours and a friend is already on hardcore end of act 2 hasn't died yet and unless he got skills over night means this game is too easy so yeah awesome bliz really sets the standards for how to not make a game Expand
  75. May 15, 2012
    Yea I could probably score it more than a 1 if I could actually play it. I liked the idea of the multiplayer, and I like it when the monsters go splat. But for goodness sake you should be able to play a single player game on launch date. 10 years to prepare and you can't even launch the most anticipated game in the last decade. I can't believe it.
  76. May 15, 2012
    Two nights in a row of trying to log on. Any failure of this magnitude would utterly destroy another game, but since its got the Diablo name, people keep "trusting" that blizzard will deliver. Blizzard is owned by Activision folks. You can't rely on them to deliver anything but something to please the Activision stockholders.
  77. May 15, 2012
    Worst thing Blizzard could have done, this game would be really cool if I could play it. The videos look really cool, but all I get is a chance to practice my typing over and over again as my login attempts get rejected by Blizzard's anemic battle.net. Good news, I am adjusting to my new keyboard, so THANKS, BLIZZ!
  78. May 15, 2012
    Very disappointing game. I was fortunate enough to have the game work alright, however the combat was dull and uninteresting. It felt more like wow then a diablo game and the story was abysmal even for blizzard. I would not recommend this game to anyone. The game play was best suited for casual gamers, but I doubt that they would want to jump through all the hoops to play this game.
  79. May 15, 2012
    Disappointed to say the least. Got to play it for about 30 min and now servers are down again. DRM for this game is insane. Especially when it's not that great a game. It almost looks browser based. I tried to like it, but since I can't even play it when I want to, it lowers the score even more for me.
  80. May 15, 2012
    Can't play a single player campaign without the servers up. Inexcusable. The graphics are average, but the game play is fun...if you can play it. There is no customization with your characters, which is also a minus.
  81. May 15, 2012
    Unable to login to play the game. Online-only DRM. Real money auction house. Terrible technical issues, terrible customer service, extreme hype machine, no respect for their customers. Blocking twitter accounts that are critical of their incompetence, censoring / banning complaints on their forums, no sufficient response to legitimate complaints. ActiBlizzard jumped the shark mid-WoW andUnable to login to play the game. Online-only DRM. Real money auction house. Terrible technical issues, terrible customer service, extreme hype machine, no respect for their customers. Blocking twitter accounts that are critical of their incompetence, censoring / banning complaints on their forums, no sufficient response to legitimate complaints. ActiBlizzard jumped the shark mid-WoW and has only gotten worse. They have no respect for the people who pay their salaries and put food on their tables: their own paying customers. The company is greedy, technically semi-incompetent, and overly focuses on marketing hype and spin at the expense of sound design. They are all about maximizing profits at the expense of their integrity. A fundamental re-evaluation of their priorities and thorough cleaning of house is required. Expand
  82. May 15, 2012
    I wanted to love Diablo III. I'm writing this review based on my first day of playing the game. Ohh wait, I haven't been able to log in for more than 30 minutes at a time. There is no offline option. Given that Blizzard had 2,000,000 beta testers and managed 300,000 online simultaneously during the beta test they should have known the issues they would face at launch. They have aI wanted to love Diablo III. I'm writing this review based on my first day of playing the game. Ohh wait, I haven't been able to log in for more than 30 minutes at a time. There is no offline option. Given that Blizzard had 2,000,000 beta testers and managed 300,000 online simultaneously during the beta test they should have known the issues they would face at launch. They have a rough idea of their pre orders. Expand
  83. May 15, 2012
    1. Always on-line DRM, no option to play single player or Lan hosted.
    2. Skill tree offers limited options of unique builds.
    3. A real money action house. 4. Unimpressive graphics. 5. Short plot with limited replay-ability enticed only by a WoW style achievement system Highest Praise: Entertaining the first play through in a dark room with good speakers Biggest Let Down: No offline
    1. Always on-line DRM, no option to play single player or Lan hosted.
    2. Skill tree offers limited options of unique builds.
    3. A real money action house.
    4. Unimpressive graphics.
    Biggest Let Down: No offline single player, an option dearly missed from its predecessors.
  84. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 will go down in history as yet another example of why Always-Online DRM is unforgivable in game design. If this game let you play single player offline like Diablo 2, it would be getting decent reviews. But it's DRM design is preventing that. Blizzard got greedy and went too far, and it blew up in their faces.

In addition to the unforgivable DRM flaw. * The lack of skill

In addition to the unforgivable DRM flaw.

* The lack of skill customization or choices makes character creation too linear and lacking diversity or choice.

* Frame rate seems poor. This would be understandable if the graphics were particularly impressiveâ
  85. May 16, 2012
    After 4 hours in a 24 hour span of nothing but error messages I finally was able to play Diablo III for about six hours. The game is nothing like what I had hoped. Every character of the same class is identical, except for equipment. There's no deviation in skills/abilities because their unlock is not strategically chosen by the player but unlocked based on level achieved. There are noAfter 4 hours in a 24 hour span of nothing but error messages I finally was able to play Diablo III for about six hours. The game is nothing like what I had hoped. Every character of the same class is identical, except for equipment. There's no deviation in skills/abilities because their unlock is not strategically chosen by the player but unlocked based on level achieved. There are no stat points to spend to customize your ascension, there are no talents you can choose from a tree - it's just a skill choice + a rune choice for your attack, and every single player has the exact same options available to choose from, all of the time.

The AI has been very buggy, with my followers just standing around watching as I fight. They sometimes just get stuck, unsure of how to reach me when standing just 10' away up a flight of stairs. There is no path finding to speak of - if I click on a point on the screen to move to, and there isn't a beeline path to reach it my character does nothing. Several times my character has lagged and jumped around on screen, and not due to the use of an ability.

I hear the story is remarkably short compared to the previous Diablo games. So far the cinematics have been good (but HEAVILY compressed, and very messy with a lot of blocking/blurring during high-movement scenes, which seem common) and the in-game graphics look like you're playing World of Warcraft with a slightly different camera angle. The UI is improved from Diablo II, so Blizzard can tout that benefit from their mandate that all players remain connected to BattleNet ALL of the time. However, that could have been done without the draconic DRM that disconnects you the second your internet connection flakes out. I have yet to try the Auction House feature.

I intend to keep playing, to see the game through to the end but so far Diablo III is a real letdown as a followup to Diablo II and Diablo II: LoD.
  86. May 15, 2012
    My score will remain 0 till server are stable. With all the server down time how can anybody give a proper review. Fix your servers Blizz staff. This launch is was horrible.
  87. Oms
    May 15, 2012
    Disappointing sequel to an otherwise excellent franchise. I waited in line for 4 hours to pickup my CE copy for $115. The packaging is excellent and the art book is beautiful. The additional "behind the scenes" footage is also well put together and enjoyable to watch. The game itself however is far from being a game of any kind. Vast majority of my game time was spent staring at the sameDisappointing sequel to an otherwise excellent franchise. I waited in line for 4 hours to pickup my CE copy for $115. The packaging is excellent and the art book is beautiful. The additional "behind the scenes" footage is also well put together and enjoyable to watch. The game itself however is far from being a game of any kind. Vast majority of my game time was spent staring at the same screen as the bugs and problems with the game make it impossible to proceed beyond the initial login screen. If you are lucky enough to make it into the game you are quickly booted out and taken back to the login screen. I'm not sure how this game made it past quality assurance but this game is anything but a game. If you are looking for a login screen simulator this is an excellent choice; if you are looking for the sequel to the diablo series you have come to the wrong place. If you are really interested in a login screen simulator; I can save you $100. Hit the Windows logo key and the L key on your keyboard for a totally free login screen simulator that comes included with your copy of Windows. If you have any doubts about my review; please read the rest of the reviews. Blizzard has a few of its people posting positive reviews to trick people into buying the game, because they do not give refunds, but hopefully the gaming audience is smart enough to avoid that. Expand
  88. May 15, 2012
    alright, enough is enough. If you are going to release a game online only, make sure u know what u are doing. If you are unsure, then release an offline mode that syncs with servers every so often with online as the main. But this is rediculous
  89. May 15, 2012
    Why did I pre-order Diablo 3 if it is 24 hours post launch and Blizzard is still having connectivity issues? "Single player" mode lags in the rare occasion that I can actually play (usually the servers are down and overcrowded and I am prevented from logging on)

Character customization is illusory if not altogether gone, the game looks and feels like a console port, and the ambiance is boring. The graphics are pathetic, even Tropic III looks better than this. I gave it 2 stars for reminding me how awesome Diablo II was.
  90. gtb
    May 15, 2012
    Diablo clone. Nothing new, nothing unique. You would think that with as many years as it has been since 2 came out, Blizz would have done something better. You would be wrong.

- Online-only is ridiculous. I haven't had the may problems that others have had but its still ridiculous. - Graphics are good, ran very smooth on my medium-level machine. - No problems with install though I understand others had issues. Overall: Just kind of meh.
  91. May 15, 2012
    Having a game launch as unplayable after months and months of extensive beta testing is just bad form. Not to mention, the game is half finished and will have the pvp features completed "later". If the game doesn't work, don't ship it. The people responsible for this joke of a game should be sacked. The little bit that we have seen prior to release looks exactly like the first twoHaving a game launch as unplayable after months and months of extensive beta testing is just bad form. Not to mention, the game is half finished and will have the pvp features completed "later". If the game doesn't work, don't ship it. The people responsible for this joke of a game should be sacked. The little bit that we have seen prior to release looks exactly like the first two with graphics that are about a decade behind. Just terrible. Do not buy this game. Expand
  92. May 15, 2012
    This game is basically the first Diablo with the Diablo II characters a tad revamped, and the only real perk is you can choose your gender. Zippeedoodah. There is little new here. Am I alone in being sick and effin' tired of hearing Jennifer Hale's voice in every damn game? Also, the DRM for this game is completely ludicrous. It's basically "You play it when we want you to", andThis game is basically the first Diablo with the Diablo II characters a tad revamped, and the only real perk is you can choose your gender. Zippeedoodah. There is little new here. Am I alone in being sick and effin' tired of hearing Jennifer Hale's voice in every damn game? Also, the DRM for this game is completely ludicrous. It's basically "You play it when we want you to", and apparently they don't want you to - at least not very often. I'm sure they'll fix their servers eventually, but who's gonna care by then? Expand
  93. May 15, 2012
    DRM. I want to be able to play this game when I don't have an internet connection, which happens FREQUENTLY. Now there are MILLIONS of people who can't play the game because of this limitation. Did you know that ~30% of the population of the world has an internet connection, and ~70% of the population of the world are gamers.
  94. May 15, 2012
    To everyone saying "you can't judge the game by the server troubles..." Let me tell you, you can.

Blizzard made a KEY decision to put Diablo 3 as an "online only" game, despite it being a capable game for LAN / single player. With that decision comes both positives and negatives, and I'm sure reviews will cover the positives in great detail. You can't make a cool auction house without

With that decision comes both positives and negatives, and I'm sure reviews will cover the positives in great detail. You can't make a cool auction house without server authority/validation. You can't make it an eSport with awesome PvP without a server authority on gear and other stuff.

But there are also negatives, and the big one is the one we're experiencing tonight. If you insist on using a server, you're going to screw players over with server problems.

So yes, remember that this was a key decision, and that Blizzard should be called out on it, because there's really no excuse.
  95. May 15, 2012
    Log in servers unavailable to play the single player game.

That's pretty much the sum of my experience - 45 minutes of my 9 hours of free time since the game has been available have seen the servers actually be online. From what I have briefly seen, it's basically Diablo 2, but the online DRM for single player trend in video gaming has to stop, unless the company actually has the
    Log in servers unavailable to play the single player game.

From what I have briefly seen, it's basically Diablo 2, but the online DRM for single player trend in video gaming has to stop, unless the company actually has the capability to support this online verification, which at this point Blizzard (of all companies) simply doesn't possess.

Wait to buy, for sure (maybe only a week, but at present the game is mostly unavailable).
  96. May 15, 2012
    Unbelievably bad first of all I was a little angry that people who had original copies of Diablo 1, 2, and the expansion were unable to play the beta. After purchasing this game and only being able to play for about 30 minutes before getting kicked off I was already somewhat disappointed in nearly every aspect. There is no grinding as well as not being able to add points to skill trees andUnbelievably bad first of all I was a little angry that people who had original copies of Diablo 1, 2, and the expansion were unable to play the beta. After purchasing this game and only being able to play for about 30 minutes before getting kicked off I was already somewhat disappointed in nearly every aspect. There is no grinding as well as not being able to add points to skill trees and to strength, dex, vit, energy. I was more let down by this game than any game I've ever purchased. Expand
  97. May 15, 2012
    Never played it. And now thanks to all of your reviews i will never buy it and play it. Thanks for saving my money. I don't usually follow what people say but the majority is overwhelming.
  98. May 15, 2012
    To be honest i like the game very much. I'm not sure if i can ever be objective about a Diablo title. BUT... Blizzard ruined not the game but the player experience with this online DRM nonsense! This is an absolute insult to loyal fans. Nobody should be forced to be connected to play single player all the time. I preordered the game as soon as it became available. I bought collectorsTo be honest i like the game very much. I'm not sure if i can ever be objective about a Diablo title. BUT... Blizzard ruined not the game but the player experience with this online DRM nonsense! This is an absolute insult to loyal fans. Nobody should be forced to be connected to play single player all the time. I preordered the game as soon as it became available. I bought collectors edition. And when the time comes what did i get? I COULD NOT PLAY THE GAME EVEN FOR A SECOND! WE PAY THE MONEY YOU GIVE US A GOOD GAME. "Servers are full at the time" is not an excuse. You could make it capable then! BY FORCING GAMERS TO ONLINE DRM YOU ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO USE PIRATED COPIES. Expand
  99. May 15, 2012
    The first test of a game is being able to play it. Diablo 3 has utterly failed this very simple test. Say what you will about other company's DRM schemes, for blizzard to require an pointless internet connection and then not even have enough servers to support it is serious armature hour game design.

1. Aug 31, 2012