3.9

1. May 15, 2012
    In order to play this single-player game, you have to be logged into the Diablo 3 servers online. When those servers are down, you don't get to play the game. Period. This is how it has been most of the first day of launch. Single player games need an offline mode. Yes, the game has co-op, but I don't want to use that functionality, then I shouldn't need to sign into Blizzard's servers to play. 1/10 for a game that is all but unplayable at launch and doesn't include a LAN mode. Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    Disregard the trolls... that are giving this game more than 2. As always Blizzard-Activision is showing us how much they don't care about us, but about our money. The game is plainly bad, and it's made for the WoW audience, instead of the original Diablo fans. Even if you feel like you may enjoy the game (that you'll have problems even playing because of forced internet connections), do NOT buy it, don't give any amount of cash to Blizzard, do not feed the beast that is killing gaming. Expand
  3. May 15, 2012
    Great job Blizzard. Just got my Collectors Edition in the mail and I can't play it because of the DRM that you've implemented. If you're going to put DRM in a game, you sure as well better be able to handle people logging in. Can't even play offline.

I'm sure the game is good, but you can't rate what you can't play on launch day.
  4. May 15, 2012
    Graphics: Disappointing, I was expecting something better. The cartoony look does not justify the sub-par graphics. Storyline: Boring, boring, boring Character creation: zero customization, all same-class characters will be exactly alike Biggest gripe: Can not play single player without server support (then is it really single player?). Blizzard took DRM to a level that screws over customers. With such a large revenue from pre-orders you'd think Blizzard would do more to ensure a a launch where players could at least play by themselves. Expand
  5. May 16, 2012
    I was finally able to get on today...pretty smooth on the first act...until...i get to the skeleton king, server reset 3 times....then the servers went down. had to fight my way to him three times...never to get to him due to the servers. I hate the fact you have to rely on there servers to be able to play this game...very annoying
  6. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is out. It took 11 years to make. The graphics look 10 years old and its only 6 hours long. But don't worry kids you can buy hats with moms credit card!
  7. May 15, 2012
    A very disappointing game for a hardcore D2 fan like me. Customization is very boring compared to D2, and the cartoony feel of the game is just horrible. For me D1 and D2 had a dark, gritty feel, and a realistic feel even though the graphics of the time were incapable of producing "real" realism. I expected this game to look and feel great, but the soundtrack is the only thing that is good. How come FPS games are becoming more and more realistic, but hack & slash RPG's are going in the opposite direction? I hoped for a serious and dark game, but D3 vs D2 is like Batman from 1966 vs The Dark Knight. Expand
  8. May 15, 2012
    5 hours to install...another 5 hours troubleshooting cause of errors in the folders...and another 5 now 6 hours of waiting to enter the server that keeps going in maintenance...buyer beware! you are at the mercy of blizzards online server!
  9. May 15, 2012
    I'll skip the already-covered areas of DRM, server availability and pay-to-win auction houses. What prompted this review is Blizzard's customer service and absolute lack of forethought about simple aspects of the game. Case in point: I accidentally mistyped by BattleTag and opened a ticket to reset it. The reply? "Sorry, we didn't code for that." Seriously? From crashy servers to generic, unchangeable BattleTag IDs, there is no part of the technical infrastructure that Blizzard executed properly. Since I can't play the game itself without the servers, my only frame of reference is what I saw during the beta test phase:

* The artwork is okay, if somewhat "toony."
    * The story is okay, if somewhat generic.
    * The Witch Doctor class feels entirely out-of-place, as if it belongs in some other game.
    * The skill and rune systems have been dumbed down from Diablo 2.

Overall, Diablo 3 is an average-to-mediocre experience at a premium price. The game plays more like an Activision title than a Blizzard one. Let the buyer beware....
  10. May 15, 2012
    Can't even log in to play the game. Blizzard makes billions of dollars, and you'd think they would have learned some lessons about launching new online games and the stress created on their servers from millions of players. Oh, and we're playing a beta version of the game with bugs that absolutely SHOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH TO LIVE. $60? Are you **** kidding me? Not in this day and age, completely unacceptable. Expand
  11. May 15, 2012
    Taken objectively this game is barely passible, and that's extremely disappointing for something in the Diablo series. Instead of a dark, gritty, evil, game with realistic graphics that we wanted, we got a cross between WoW and Spiral Knights with the Diablo lore for flavor.

The graphics look like a 90s comic book with a blur filter. As others have said this is what WoW would look if they
    ever updated it for 2006. The best I can say is that they're uniformly bad instead of intermittently bad, so the game doesn't give you hope that it will get better. There is no offline or LAN play. Blizzard's misguided attempt to limit piracy by forcing users to log in is backfiring by hurting legitimate customers. Add to that the fact that the servers keep going offline and you get a taste for how it will feel in 10 years when you're nostalgic, but find that you can't play the game ~at all~ because Blizzard has removed the servers for it.

The gameplay itself is pretty standard hack and slash action RPG, but the character development has the depth of Wee Man's kiddie pool. Spells/Abilities are automatically unlocked as you level. There are runes that give them slightly different properties, but nothing that really changes how you use them in practice. Attributes and other passive skills are completely automated, so you have zero ability to mix and match with your skills to find interesting combinations.

The final shovel on the grave of this game is the real money auction house. Like the servers, it's not even ready at "launch", but it's basically planned to make pay-to-win an ever stronger reality than it already is in the illegal item markets in WoW and other games. I'll be playing Path of Exile instead. The graphics in PoE aren't perfect, but they're the style we wanted from D3. The depth of character build options in PoE are *amazing*. Best of all, PoE is free! The things you can buy are ALL completely cosmetic, and the company is very vocal about their own dislike for pay2win. Try it instead of paying for any of the BS that Blizzard is trying to feed us with D3.
  12. May 15, 2012
    i actually got in for about 20 min before servers went to hell.not bad but not great.average at best.there is no excuse for the game not being playable considering the amount of time it toolk to get released.the irony is that people giving this game a 10 and calling the rest of us trolls for being pist at the lack of polish for a game thats been in development for 12yrs are in fact trolls themselves.60$ in this economy is alot for pc game,shame on you blizzard for treating your fans with such little regard. :( Expand
  13. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 2 with updated graphics, a real money auction house and DRM that prevents people from playing equals one bad game. It's a shame what's happened to Blizzard. Terrible, stay away from this one.
  14. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo. This is a bad clone of the game that we knew and loved. Blizzard removed from the game are good things, and added a useless. I do not advise buying this game, it is the failure of Blizzard.
  15. May 15, 2012
    So I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 & 2. Played them for years. Was excited for Diablo 3 - never got in the beta. Decided to buy it anyway. After hours of connection problems and frustration I finally got in. I finished the entire story in 3 hours. Was not even a fun experience. Decided to just uninstall and sell my account. What an awful, awful, short game. I'm embarrassed this shares the "Diablo name". Expand
  16. May 15, 2012
    How can they call this an RPG?!?! No stats, abilities, character customization, no nothing. Streamlined, 10 year old WoW cartoon candy graphics that I played through in 5 hours. I have absolutely no interest in playing it again, i only managed to keep my interest up for 5 hours (it took that long to finish because I was constantly interupted by stupid mini-movies that I hadnt asked to see, the actualy gameplay was probably less than 3 hours) because it felt surreal how bad it was. So bad that I had to keep playing it as some ironic devine joke.
    This is an action game for mentally challanged kids with attention problems. FU blizzard...
  17. May 15, 2012
    Lag in a single player game - really terrible and unplayable if you are Oceanic or not in the USA with 180ms lag. Not to mention bad indicators of where the monster is on your screen vs where you can clearly see the spell hitting.

The error 37 and other network crap to get on are just icing on the cake of fail that this is.
  18. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard: Online mode is fine. You'll still get to play.
    Reality: Error 37, Error 3006, Error 30008 at login. After getting in, 400-1000ms latency, disconnections with Error 3007 every 5-10 minutes. Unplayable.

Blizzard: Connection issues are completely client-side. Our servers are fine. It just happens that tens of thousands of players happen to have bad ISPs when they started playing
    Diablo 3. Clearly those ISPs secretly improve their service when other games are being played.
    Reality: Excuse for one of the worst launches in history, and the most broken and unpolished title ever released by Blizzard.
  19. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is Dungeon Siege 3 with an always online DRM. No stat points, just like Dungeon Siege 3 Automatically get every skill instead of opting for customized builds, just like Dungeon Siege 3 Items are the only way to affect stat points, just like Dungeon Siege 3 Health/Mana orbs, just like Dungeon Siege 3 Dungeon Siege 3 was terrible and got boring real quick, Diablo 3 has many of the same inferior mechanics, some aspects that are better, but one aspect that is much much worse. Always online DRM... even play the single player game.

Given these limitations and the overall game length the launch price should have been $30.
  20. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard are the biggest gaming company in the world (11 billion dollars) with over 4000 employees and they still cant launch a game right. Ain't this one big fail? They wanted to be cheap about all of this so they didn't buy bigger servers that could hold all of the players. Now because of their greed every legitimate player is suffering. The real money auction house is one of the many things that have ruined this game. Now every kid with their parents credit card at hand can become stronger than people who play for a much longer time. I wouldn't mind it if there was no PVP. But there is, so its not going to be fair at all. Another point - there is no single player and no LAN. Which is just absolutely retarded, even for Blizzard. I just played a bit of single player right now and it was LAGGING MASSIVELY. I just cant express my feelings with words alone. Blizzard failed in so many ways... Expand
  21. May 15, 2012
    I would love to write a full review, but I can't log into my single player game. Nice intro though. The issues will be mostly resolved within a week or two, but this shouldn't need to be an issue.

Customers shouldn't be penalised for buying a game. As Gabe Newell said, publishers need to offer a better deal than the pirates do. Blizzard are failing at this right now.
  22. May 15, 2012
    Come on, we can't EVEN review the game you know!?!?!?

Its pretty obvious, Blizzard is how old? How many patch day crashes, launch day crashes, and other things have they dealt with? Don't you think, with what could be their hugest release ever, they maybe should get it right?
    Vanilla Wow BC WOTLK Cata SC2 Any major wow patch
    All of those have been marred by issues. When I buy a game, I
    want to go play it, right **** now. I gave you your $60, now let me play my **** game. Now, not in three hours when you decide to pull your heads outta your asses. Expand
  23. May 16, 2012
    I don't care about the server lag and maintence but to people who say those people are whiners it's not like we paid sixty bucks for this game ohhh yeah we did so yeah we may whine but at least we do it without blizzards dick in r mouth, there's this thing called Stockholm syndrome and I feel bad for u people's who obviously have it So on to the review no customization of cosmetic choices because u no black people, love pllaying as white people, This is bad but forgivable no stats or attributes okay so was this game designed for a 7 year old come on this is a f-ing point and click adventure now? also limited skills really because that's what every gamer wants, and not only that all people choose the same skills which will only get worse as people learn the best ones same goes for runes. On a sidenote this game from what I can tell does not have random loot as when my game crashed I reset and played through a dungeon again and found much of the same loot but this might be a bug. Also finished game on normal explored and did some side quests in about nine hours and a friend is already on hardcore end of act 2 hasn't died yet and unless he got skills over night means this game is too easy so yeah awesome bliz really sets the standards for how to not make a game Expand
  24. May 15, 2012
    Yea I could probably score it more than a 1 if I could actually play it. I liked the idea of the multiplayer, and I like it when the monsters go splat. But for goodness sake you should be able to play a single player game on launch date. 10 years to prepare and you can't even launch the most anticipated game in the last decade. I can't believe it.
  25. May 15, 2012
    Two nights in a row of trying to log on. Any failure of this magnitude would utterly destroy another game, but since its got the Diablo name, people keep "trusting" that blizzard will deliver. Blizzard is owned by Activision folks. You can't rely on them to deliver anything but something to please the Activision stockholders.
  26. May 15, 2012
    A game that cant be played is no game at all, How can you give a good score to a game that cant be played.

That would be like giving a good review for food that was never served or a movie that was never shown.

Blizzard messed this one big time and unfortunatly they have to pay for that with a bad review
  27. May 15, 2012
    Worst thing Blizzard could have done, this game would be really cool if I could play it. The videos look really cool, but all I get is a chance to practice my typing over and over again as my login attempts get rejected by Blizzard's anemic battle.net. Good news, I am adjusting to my new keyboard, so THANKS, BLIZZ!
  28. May 15, 2012
    Very disappointing game. I was fortunate enough to have the game work alright, however the combat was dull and uninteresting. It felt more like wow then a diablo game and the story was abysmal even for blizzard. I would not recommend this game to anyone. The game play was best suited for casual gamers, but I doubt that they would want to jump through all the hoops to play this game.
  29. May 15, 2012
    Disappointed to say the least. Got to play it for about 30 min and now servers are down again. DRM for this game is insane. Especially when it's not that great a game. It almost looks browser based. I tried to like it, but since I can't even play it when I want to, it lowers the score even more for me.
  30. May 15, 2012
    Can't play a single player campaign without the servers up. Inexcusable. The graphics are average, but the game play is fun...if you can play it. There is no customization with your characters, which is also a minus.
  31. May 15, 2012
    Unable to login to play the game. Online-only DRM. Real money auction house. Terrible technical issues, terrible customer service, extreme hype machine, no respect for their customers. Blocking twitter accounts that are critical of their incompetence, censoring / banning complaints on their forums, no sufficient response to legitimate complaints. ActiBlizzard jumped the shark mid-WoW and has only gotten worse. They have no respect for the people who pay their salaries and put food on their tables: their own paying customers. The company is greedy, technically semi-incompetent, and overly focuses on marketing hype and spin at the expense of sound design. They are all about maximizing profits at the expense of their integrity. A fundamental re-evaluation of their priorities and thorough cleaning of house is required. Expand
  32. May 15, 2012
    I wanted to love Diablo III. I'm writing this review based on my first day of playing the game. Ohh wait, I haven't been able to log in for more than 30 minutes at a time. There is no offline option. Given that Blizzard had 2,000,000 beta testers and managed 300,000 online simultaneously during the beta test they should have known the issues they would face at launch. They have a rough idea of their pre orders. Expand
  33. May 15, 2012
    1. Always on-line DRM, no option to play single player or Lan hosted. 2. Skill tree offers limited options of unique builds. 3. A real money action house. 4. Unimpressive graphics. 5. Short plot with limited replay-ability enticed only by a WoW style achievement system Highest Praise: Entertaining the first play through in a dark room with good speakers Biggest Let Down: No offline single player, an option dearly missed from its predecessors. Expand
  34. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 will go down in history as yet another example of why Always-Online DRM is unforgivable in game design. If this game let you play single player offline like Diablo 2, it would be getting decent reviews. But it's DRM design is preventing that. Blizzard got greedy and went too far, and it blew up in their faces.

In addition to the unforgivable DRM flaw.

* The lack of skill
    customization or choices makes character creation too linear and lacking diversity or choice.

* Frame rate seems poor. This would be understandable if the graphics were particularly impressiveâ
  35. May 16, 2012
    After 4 hours in a 24 hour span of nothing but error messages I finally was able to play Diablo III for about six hours. The game is nothing like what I had hoped. Every character of the same class is identical, except for equipment. There's no deviation in skills/abilities because their unlock is not strategically chosen by the player but unlocked based on level achieved. There are no stat points to spend to customize your ascension, there are no talents you can choose from a tree - it's just a skill choice + a rune choice for your attack, and every single player has the exact same options available to choose from, all of the time.

The AI has been very buggy, with my followers just standing around watching as I fight. They sometimes just get stuck, unsure of how to reach me when standing just 10' away up a flight of stairs. There is no path finding to speak of - if I click on a point on the screen to move to, and there isn't a beeline path to reach it my character does nothing. Several times my character has lagged and jumped around on screen, and not due to the use of an ability.

I hear the story is remarkably short compared to the previous Diablo games. So far the cinematics have been good (but HEAVILY compressed, and very messy with a lot of blocking/blurring during high-movement scenes, which seem common) and the in-game graphics look like you're playing World of Warcraft with a slightly different camera angle. The UI is improved from Diablo II, so Blizzard can tout that benefit from their mandate that all players remain connected to BattleNet ALL of the time. However, that could have been done without the draconic DRM that disconnects you the second your internet connection flakes out. I have yet to try the Auction House feature.

I intend to keep playing, to see the game through to the end but so far Diablo III is a real letdown as a followup to Diablo II and Diablo II: LoD.
  36. May 15, 2012
    My score will remain 0 till server are stable. With all the server down time how can anybody give a proper review. Fix your servers Blizz staff. This launch is was horrible.
  37. Oms
    May 15, 2012
    Disappointing sequel to an otherwise excellent franchise. I waited in line for 4 hours to pickup my CE copy for $115. The packaging is excellent and the art book is beautiful. The additional "behind the scenes" footage is also well put together and enjoyable to watch. The game itself however is far from being a game of any kind. Vast majority of my game time was spent staring at the same screen as the bugs and problems with the game make it impossible to proceed beyond the initial login screen. If you are lucky enough to make it into the game you are quickly booted out and taken back to the login screen. I'm not sure how this game made it past quality assurance but this game is anything but a game. If you are looking for a login screen simulator this is an excellent choice; if you are looking for the sequel to the diablo series you have come to the wrong place. If you are really interested in a login screen simulator; I can save you $100. Hit the Windows logo key and the L key on your keyboard for a totally free login screen simulator that comes included with your copy of Windows. If you have any doubts about my review; please read the rest of the reviews. Blizzard has a few of its people posting positive reviews to trick people into buying the game, because they do not give refunds, but hopefully the gaming audience is smart enough to avoid that. Expand
  38. May 15, 2012
    alright, enough is enough. If you are going to release a game online only, make sure u know what u are doing. If you are unsure, then release an offline mode that syncs with servers every so often with online as the main. But this is rediculous
  39. May 15, 2012
    Why did I pre-order Diablo 3 if it is 24 hours post launch and Blizzard is still having connectivity issues? "Single player" mode lags in the rare occasion that I can actually play (usually the servers are down and overcrowded and I am prevented from logging on)

Character customization is illusory if not altogether gone, the game looks and feels like a console port, and the ambiance is
    boring. The graphics are pathetic, even Tropic III looks better than this. I gave it 2 stars for reminding me how awesome Diablo II was. Expand
  40. gtb
    May 15, 2012
    Diablo clone. Nothing new, nothing unique. You would think that with as many years as it has been since 2 came out, Blizz would have done something better. You would be wrong.

- Online-only is ridiculous. I haven't had the may problems that others have had but its still ridiculous. - Graphics are good, ran very smooth on my medium-level machine. - No problems with install though I
    understand others had issues. Overall: Just kind of meh. Expand
  41. May 15, 2012
    Having a game launch as unplayable after months and months of extensive beta testing is just bad form. Not to mention, the game is half finished and will have the pvp features completed "later". If the game doesn't work, don't ship it. The people responsible for this joke of a game should be sacked. The little bit that we have seen prior to release looks exactly like the first two with graphics that are about a decade behind. Just terrible. Do not buy this game. Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    This game is basically the first Diablo with the Diablo II characters a tad revamped, and the only real perk is you can choose your gender. Zippeedoodah. There is little new here. Am I alone in being sick and effin' tired of hearing Jennifer Hale's voice in every damn game? Also, the DRM for this game is completely ludicrous. It's basically "You play it when we want you to", and apparently they don't want you to - at least not very often. I'm sure they'll fix their servers eventually, but who's gonna care by then? Expand
  43. May 15, 2012
    DRM. I want to be able to play this game when I don't have an internet connection, which happens FREQUENTLY. Now there are MILLIONS of people who can't play the game because of this limitation. Did you know that ~30% of the population of the world has an internet connection, and ~70% of the population of the world are gamers.
  44. May 15, 2012
    To everyone saying "you can't judge the game by the server troubles..." Let me tell you, you can.

Blizzard made a KEY decision to put Diablo 3 as an "online only" game, despite it being a capable game for LAN / single player.

With that decision comes both positives and negatives, and I'm sure reviews will cover the positives in great detail. You can't make a cool auction house without
    server authority/validation. You can't make it an eSport with awesome PvP without a server authority on gear and other stuff.

But there are also negatives, and the big one is the one we're experiencing tonight. If you insist on using a server, you're going to screw players over with server problems.

So yes, remember that this was a key decision, and that Blizzard should be called out on it, because there's really no excuse.
  45. May 15, 2012
    Log in servers unavailable to play the single player game.

That's pretty much the sum of my experience - 45 minutes of my 9 hours of free time since the game has been available have seen the servers actually be online.

From what I have briefly seen, it's basically Diablo 2, but the online DRM for single player trend in video gaming has to stop, unless the company actually has the
    capability to support this online verification, which at this point Blizzard (of all companies) simply doesn't possess.

Wait to buy, for sure (maybe only a week, but at present the game is mostly unavailable).
  46. May 15, 2012
    Unbelievably bad first of all I was a little angry that people who had original copies of Diablo 1, 2, and the expansion were unable to play the beta. After purchasing this game and only being able to play for about 30 minutes before getting kicked off I was already somewhat disappointed in nearly every aspect. There is no grinding as well as not being able to add points to skill trees and to strength, dex, vit, energy. I was more let down by this game than any game I've ever purchased. Expand
  47. May 15, 2012
    Never played it. And now thanks to all of your reviews i will never buy it and play it. Thanks for saving my money. I don't usually follow what people say but the majority is overwhelming.
  48. May 15, 2012
    To be honest i like the game very much. I'm not sure if i can ever be objective about a Diablo title. BUT... Blizzard ruined not the game but the player experience with this online DRM nonsense! This is an absolute insult to loyal fans. Nobody should be forced to be connected to play single player all the time. I preordered the game as soon as it became available. I bought collectors edition. And when the time comes what did i get? I COULD NOT PLAY THE GAME EVEN FOR A SECOND! WE PAY THE MONEY YOU GIVE US A GOOD GAME. "Servers are full at the time" is not an excuse. You could make it capable then! BY FORCING GAMERS TO ONLINE DRM YOU ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO USE PIRATED COPIES. Expand
  49. May 15, 2012
    The first test of a game is being able to play it. Diablo 3 has utterly failed this very simple test. Say what you will about other company's DRM schemes, for blizzard to require an pointless internet connection and then not even have enough servers to support it is serious armature hour game design.
  50. May 15, 2012
    I walked an hour in the rain last night to get the game at 12am. I come home to findout I cannot play til 3am, so I go to sleep. I've waited 10 years for this game, so I took off work. Wake up, servers are down. Play for an hour, servers go back down. Take a nap, servers went up, and are back down by time I wake up. As I write this, the servers are still down. Blizzard is greedy, and threw on a DRM so that 1% of people cannot pirate it, if even that percentage. Blizzard is the wealthiest gaming company in the industry. Yet they continue to screw over their customers for an extra cent. I feel screwed out of my $65. Expand
  51. May 16, 2012
    I've only owned this game for three hours and already I NEVER want to see it again in my life. Despite all the problems with trying to connect, it was when I lost ALL MY PROGRESS in the game when it disconnected. You end up losing interest very fast. OH and the story....bleh
  52. May 16, 2012
    I would fine if Diablo3 were just a Diablo2 with updated graphics. Unfortunately it's not. Every single PvP aspect has been left out (the ones that made Diablo 2 so addictive and dangerous), co-op has been taken down from 8 players to 4 and the hardcoreness and grittiness are nowhere to be found.Graphics have been updated...to the standards of year 2005. Add to that microtransactions and DRM and you have a game that is more Farmville than Diablo. Expand
  53. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a boring and brainless game for fanboy of the "Activision Blizzard Company". I list the things I hate about this game 1) permanent internet connection like ubisoft drm 2) auction-house, like games pay4win 3) does not require skill by the player, it's totally brainless 4) graphics below average or poor compared to the other actionrpg 5) very short singleplayer campaign 6) no pvp
    7) locations, characters, abilities boring, and not connected to the universe of Diablo I and II
    8) Low bitrate scenes cinematic
  54. May 16, 2012
    This game is a piece of **** Remember everything fun about Diablo 2?

This game has none of it.

If you haven't bought it yet, do yourself a favour and don't. Buy Skyrim if you don't have it already.
  55. May 16, 2012
    Bizzard North is gone and the quality of Diablo games sure went out the door with them. Since blizz is now a foreign owned company and they have decided to spew out casual/junk games lately, I think I'll take a pass at future games...only played 2-3 hours and Act 1 is over..seriously? Act 1 use to be so awesome and now it's 2 hours....I honestly think there are indie games that have more content that are free! Expand
  56. May 16, 2012
    fun, but not good enough. i loved diablo 1 + 2. this game does not feel like its actually part of the diablo series. it feels like a dumbed down hack and slash. left click the whole time, drink a potion here or there...not enough skill is involved. when (if) you die, you just respawn at the last "checkpoint" with all of your gear, so it doesn't feel like a challenge. the game lacks the great art direction and music that diablo 1 + 2 had. the whole feel of the game is cartoony is cheesy. terrible voice acting, crappy cinematics that look like sketches on coffee stained paper...
    ill keep playing it for a little bit out of boredom, and to see how the story ends. but seriously, this isn't diablo. this is some crap made by people who had NOTHING to do with the original diablo games. they're just in it for the money. why else would they KILL DECARD CAIN?
  57. May 16, 2012
    The games cinematics for when they exist are awesome and Leah is hot. DRM is fine no issues there. The game has no PVP though and clearly is WoW as you can see it has a WoW login screen and banners are straight from WoW. 0/10 missing PVP which stops me from showing my skillz.
  58. May 16, 2012
    The took everything that made diablo diablo and removed it. theres basically no character customization, you cant spend talent points, you cant choose which talents you want as you just get the next one available when you level, theres no button customization. They even took out the scrolls of TP and identify.....thats like not having your presents wraped at christmas time....essentially its an easy mode version of the game made for 12 year olds instead of the die hard fans like it should have been Expand
  59. May 16, 2012
    The internet need to play single player game is what killed the game.
    I don't have internet access all the time, so I can't play whenever I want to.
    Blizzard fails!
  60. May 16, 2012
    Just terrible. Graphics is outdated, no storyline and gameplay... bleah, pure grind with a bit of farm. No skill required, no building options, boring skill tree and so on.
  61. May 16, 2012
    Just doing this because it happened to Mw3. I rather enjoy Diablo 3, and have had 0 problems. Everyone knew going in that it required internet connection. They didn't have to buy it, and Blizzard didn't need their money. All in all, they simplified most of the game, but games need to change. We cannot continue to have the same stale video games over and over again. Blizzard did an amazing job with this game. Expand
  62. May 16, 2012
    I am not jumping on the hate bandwagon, this is honesty pure and simple. This game, is, the BIGGEST let down, EVER. The DRM in this game has ruined it for me. I can kind of understand Starcraft 2, what being a competitive RTS, so, you need to protect players, but, this is just ridiculous. The game play is incredibly mundane and the environments/textures are bland. Epic EPIC letdown.
  63. May 16, 2012
    It's probably the best of the hack&slash..... But it's just a hack&slash. If you love this type of game, you'll probably get an orgasm. But if it's the story and the alternatives in the gameplay wich are moving you one, just a word will come in your mind : boring. This game is ........... boring. Oh yeah, the loot is great, your player is growing up in the strength ....... and that's all. I've played it for 6 hours, and there were 5 pain hours. Seriously , how can someone stay and click click click for hours, without strategy, without story, without anything just a little laughable. It's like work, and what a want when i touch a game, it's to play, not to farm hours after hours for a **** sword Expand
  64. May 16, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 1. The ONLY reason it gets a 1 is because I paid $60 and Blizzard actually gave me the disc. I'M SURPRISE THOSE JAGONS EVEN DID THAT!@!!@!!!! it's like - what in the world are they thinking? You don't wait this long, beta test and even have PRE-ORDER NUMBERS and go into your launch unprepared. It amazes me what money can do these days.

Thanks for robbing me blind
    Blizzard! Looking forward to "Project Titan" you jagons. Expand
  65. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 requires a constant internet connection in order to play the game. This means if your net goes down, you are somewhere without internet, Blizzard's servers are down, you are unable to play the game you paid money for and while you are unable to play, the pirates will be playing. Paying customers get the shaft again while the pirates are given the superior version of the game.

Better games in the Genre include Grim Dawn (though it wont be out until next year) and Torchlight 2 (should come out soon, unfortunately it requires an internet connection along side limited installs or Steam, but better than a constant internet connection).
  66. May 16, 2012
    Note - the negative reviews, hysterical as they may be, sound more like actual customers and less like paid posters than the postive ones, while the "professional critic" reviews are either glorified european blogs with a grand total of two or three on the staff or bigger outfits that live in fear of having their ATVI advertising money cut off.

The reality is that it is a game with a
    talented team behind it, but zero experience in the genre. I'd advise checking out Torchlight II if you want to experience a game at a fair price made by people who have done it a few times before. Expand
  67. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a wow clone. I got a bad feeling when they have named the dark wanderer to "aldrict", when the dark wanderer really was yourself the adventurer who smacke dthe soulstone in your own face at diablo 1 end cinematics.
    And yet still claims that the doings in Diablo 2 was "brave adventurers" whilst just backstabbing all the Diablo 1 gamers by calling them all "Aldricgt" som of king
    leoric.
    Man the game itself sucks big time and is a hughe wow clone in sheep clothing, but to whack up the diablo storyline to more resemble WOW lore, that is low.
    And whats with the cinematic looking like papermachie from a flash game, stills floating around and a voice in the background.
    no i am very dissapointed, i give a 1 just not to dissapoint someone that spended money on a usless product, like all those who baught WOW in the beginning, paying 60euros and some months later just realizing that they spent 60 euros on something they never can play anymore.
    Why will D3 be the same? Because when people start hitting infernal, everyone is forced to buy gold because the inflation will look like always in mmos, the best item will cost u a staggering 10 million gold.
  68. May 16, 2012
    0 not because it is unworthy of merit, but rather because it is not actually a game. it is a profit generating machine and nothing else. no character customization leaves gear the only point of differentiation. this is overly convenient for their cash auction house. watch what happens every time they release a new piece of gear into the 'economy'. this isn't designed to be fun. its designed to make blizzard a ton of money.
    as an industry artist: what blizzard has done offends me greatly.
    they are damaging the industry. blizzard is the wal-mart of gaming.
  69. May 16, 2012
    I hate DRM so much, that aside.

Yet another nothing game. Thanks Blizzard, but you realize why people liked Diablo II and for that matter are even playing games not watching movies? They enjoy a challenging interactive experience. Once again, as is happening more and more now these great games which made these companies stand out originally, are being remade as simplified versions. Who
    are these people Blizzard think are out there that are incapable of abstract thinking? For starters we are PC users so no need to bring a game down to console standards. Secondly, I was a young teenager when I was playing Diablo II and I loved it, I had no difficulty adapting to a challenging game, and that's what made me keep coming back.

Also, for those reviewers saying people are too hard on this game for not being like Diablo II and it should be considered a new game on it's own, that's complete rubbish, if they intended it as a new game or a reinterpreting of an old one Blizzard could have given it a different name.
  70. May 16, 2012
    got a 'starter key' from a friend. downloaded it and got stuck in 'updating setup files'. fixed it after an hour and then got a 'corrupted data' when the installer ran. started the downloader again and it started from 5% to download the whole game again. i'm so happy that i did not waste 60 bucks on that piece of ****.
  71. May 16, 2012
    So, this is a review from someone who has not played the previous 2 Diablo games. I can definitely tell that a lot of time was put into it. The lore, the art style, the music, it all fits together well and looks great. The graphics look a bit sub-par, but this could be due to the art-style chosen. The graphics are by no means bad though. The gameplay get a little repetitive sometimes, but this is made up for by different environments and enemies to fight. I love anything with loot, this game delivers. There's plenty up for grabs after defeating enemies, smashing things, and so on. I have used the auction house, I personally don't think I'll use it much but it's a great extra feature to have. Now, all that said, that all applies to when the game actually works.

Every time I have tried to play the game, I am plagued with login errors. I have had the game itself lag out due to connection issues. Blizzard has taken the servers down a few times for maintenance as well, which prevents you from playing the single-player at all because you cannot login. I have been, and am only interest in, playing single-player. Having to be online, logged in to their servers just to play the game is an extremely huge issue for me. This is the first game I have purchased with DRM as such, and I will NEVER make that mistake again. This feature, to me, renders the game broken. I cannot give a broken game a good rating. All that said, if they patch the game with an offline mode I would gladly give this something upwards of an 8... It's current state only deserves about a 3. I would not recommend this game to a friend because they would then want to fight me for making them spend $60 on something they cannot even use, and cannot return. You would honestly be better off waiting for a "cracked" version of the game that you can play offline, any time, anywhere. I do not agree with piracy at all, but in this situation I would almost encourage it. I own the game and if a pirated version gets out that I can play offline, I would download it immediately and give it more play than the version that I paid full price for.
  72. May 16, 2012
    thanks blizzard, I cancel to buy this game until your stupid DRM is erased, look at CDP, they dare to remove the DRM, and their game sales still good.

and the server has no SEA region, and I have to connect to the server via US server, man it's shame, I get around 300 - 1000 ping from my region to reach US server, hahahaha
  73. May 16, 2012
    All i can say about this game is CABBAGE! It's total CABBAGE!! How you gonna make a game as epic and groundbreaking as Diablo and Diablo II then release this CABBAGE?! Did they even try? This is a slap in the face to all PC elitists!
  74. May 16, 2012
    Average Hack'n Slash game, but a really bad Diablo game. Complete failure, and the user reviews speaks for itself. What bothers me the most, is the game itself, not the login difficulties. Below average graphics, pretty nice soundtrack, but HORRIBLE voice acting. Poor story, there is no Diablo feel to the game at all. No RPG elements, such as character levling, it's all automated.

(0/10) DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS, wait for a crack/private server!
  75. May 17, 2012
    At the end of the day, without letting all connection issues and initial bugs even touch my rating, this game offers FAR TOO LITTLE CONTENT for its hefty price. Combat is kind of fun and gets more interesting once you got the choice of different skills and runes. Enemies are varied and have a wide array of attacks. The campaign feels awfully linear, lifeless and rushed though, especially if you get to the later acts. I can only imagine how much money was burnt in the process (over ten years) of creating this game - Blizzard desperately wants to have this $$$ back. So they force you to be online at all times and invented the auction house crap, the idea being to make (infinite) money (the % they charge for every transaction is more than ridiculous) with virtual items. Problem for them will be, the available content is JUST NOT WORTHY OF BEING PLAYED OVER & OVER AGAIN - all those random dungeons and pwnzer items aren't gonna change that. This will destroy the auction house revenue for Blizzard not too far after real money auctions are enabled. I for one regret buying this unworthy successor to D1 & D2 and look forward to Torchlight 2. Expand
  76. May 17, 2012
    Comment peut-on demander une connection permanente a un jeu solo ?! Ceci est tout juste une arnaque,2 jours que j'essaye de me connecter et je n'arrive toujours pas à lancer le jeu!
  77. May 17, 2012
    Thank you to all the BETA Testers that paid to help Blizturd beta test this piece of crap. Hopefully in 4-6 months yall will be able to play. I dont buy Blizturd games anymore, I learned my lesson many years ago.
  78. May 17, 2012
    First off I am happy that Blizzard finally came out with a new addition to the Diablo series. Unfortunately my review isn't going to be very positive when it comes to the overall score of the game. Starting off, the graphics for the game aren't even on par with today's standard. The main issue of this game is that it doesn't contain an offline mode or even a single player for that matter. That being said, me being a service member and being at sea quite often, I'm unable to play the game in my downtime. I feel this game is going to be just like Duke Nukem Forever, highly anticipated and blown out of proportion with how awesome the game is going to be. I feel also that this game will follow the same path as Blizzard's "World of Warcraft", level caps and expansions following in the upcoming years with additional payments required. The game is also set to and extremely casual level with checkpoints all throughout the game. What happened to the old way? I truly hope they address a lot of these issues with upcoming updates and perhaps redesigning the game( Expand
  79. May 17, 2012
    Game does nothing new, it's just a rehashing of d2 without all the stuff the original devs added in over time. Even the graphics appear exactly the same to the naked eye. Not that they needed to change much, but the changes they did do made the game worse as a whole.

Combined with the fact that A-B has been lying about many features of the game from the start, I would give this just a
    below average rating. Not worth the price at all, wait on the game to sit on shelves for a few months and it will drop below 30 bucks. It's worth about 20, same as D2. Expand
  80. May 17, 2012
    A huge disappointment. Blizzard what is that? What a f*** is that?! I must pay 60$ for this? I must pay 60$ for errors? The only problem is, I can't even play because of all the damn connectivity issues on Blizzard's end. So close....
    From Russia with love....
  81. May 17, 2012
    The rating is 0. I can not even start a single player! For what I paid?! What exactly is on that disc?! I am disappointed.. I will wait for Half-Life3.
  82. May 17, 2012
    The game is unplayable because the online stuff does not work despite me having a broadband internet access. Up until now I was a satisfied customer of Blizzard but this is a big disappointment.
  83. May 17, 2012
    I should have known better, I really should have. I played the demo, I knew about the constant-online requirement and yet I ignored it. Why? I was a massive Diablo fan and when Diablo II came out I played that for months... I was actually playing it again last year when I heard the announcement for this game. I cannot express my deep disappointment in the absolute horror of a product they have released here. I thought I would be okay with the "dumbed down" character leveling, I am not, I thought that I would be okay with the online requirements, I am not; I thought that the leveling progression and story would grab me as the first two did... they have not. Perhaps it is because I am so much older now and my maturity has gotten in the way of being awestruck, perhaps it is because I had such high, high hopes for this game that there is no way my expectations could have been met.

Regardless, I do not blame Blizzard or the developers who made this game, they are running a business and I am sure the gaming industry reviewers will give this game an overwhelmingly positive score and this game will make the company millions. I blame myself for not listening to the red flags that warned me to stay away. I truly regret buying this game, it is simply not fun and a sham for the great series that was Diablo, I will not be purchasing any DLC for this game at all, I will not be buying Diablo 4, 5 or 6 when those eventually come out. I will learn from this mistake and definitely never pre-order a game again.

If this review could help anyone, I implore you to save your money and not purchase this game. There are a couple of other games of this genre coming out that I could look forward to, hopefully they will not disappoint me as this game has.

I signed up for Metacritic just to warn others about this game... that is how upset I am.

Good luck.
  84. May 17, 2012
    This is a great game. No question. However, Blizzard have effectively and intentionally excluded a good portion of their fans, some of us lifelong fans, from enjoying the game. How have they done this? With the INCREDIBLY RETARDED DRM system that requires a constant log in to play. All save data is stored in a persistent online system, making this effectively an MMO. There is NO Diablo 3 single player. And so for those of us who cant afford super fast internet, Diablo 3 is unplayable. UNPLAYABLE! No matter what Blizzard says or those who CAN play cos they have fast internet say. So unless you have a minimum of a 1 MB ADSL connection, don't bother buying this. You won't be able to play it. The server lag will frustrate you into smashing your own PC.

PS: I believe Blizzard have achieved a first in gaming. SERVER LAG IN A SINGLE PLAYER GAME.
  85. May 17, 2012
    Take a look at the conflicting "Official Critic" reviews yet they still managed to pull off an attractive score no doubt from some sort of attractive offer from the Blizzard propaganda department. Such is the way with an booming industry, "leading authorities" on games. Most "leading authorities" in all aspects are becoming redundant on the free internet. I played open beta and couldn't stand it for more then 20 minutes, say all you want about not giving it a fair shot but i'm not going to force myself to play a piece of crap, a polished turd is still a turd, I waited for this game like everyone else. The writing is on the wall and all the indications are there that Blizzard and parent companies are now just lifeless corporations looking to churn out a quarterly profit by providing incomplete products and throwing you a bone once in a while at a premium price thus requiring you continue paying money for a never ending beta. Kind of like tying a dollar bill to a string and pulling it away from your victim as soon as they get close. Very few companies once successful stick to quality standards and seek for never ending ways to exploit and sucker their customers once pleased with their offerings into bloating their coffers. Enjoy dishing out quarterly payments to these big gaming corporations to complete the forever incomplete product you are essentially buying. EA has been doing it for years, adding a few useless features or features that were already there or very easily could of been utilized in previous year titles. Maybe its just bitterness towards the lack of quality in games these days or playing too many and expecting more, maybe the gaming industry is in need of something revolutionary and innovative. Expand
  86. May 17, 2012
    Congrats! I bought something I can't play Single Player because their servers are jacked up. Why am I having to connect on-line to play Single Player? This is just hack and slash World of Warcraft...Which frankly with how WoW is today, very much the same. Skip this, stay with Valve and the Steam platform for games. I will continue to try to get my money back from Blizzard, but I doubt I'll even get it. Need a class action lawsuit against publishers for their illegal EULAs. Expand
  87. May 17, 2012
    Simply the largest flop of 2012. No character development, overly simplistic grinding gameplay, overly simplistic skill system, terrible graphics and no replay value. No innovation and buggy as all hell. Bring on GW2.
  88. Jun 22, 2012
    ok so the new patch is out an it is clear all blizzard is trying to do is milk the players for more money not to mention they change the stats on the items on your character even if you payed $$ for them witch renders them useless so i had to re-review this game an its content an give it what it deserves a 0 never buy or play another blizzard activision game
  89. May 17, 2012
    So, after finally getting through the multitude of errors stopping me from playing the game i payed for, the games a dud. It doesn't feel like diablo. I loved, and still love d2, so much i beat nightmare on hardcore. But you have no customization. Every other witch doctor has more or less the same skills as you, your choices simply do not matter.

Oh and heres a bit of news that will
    probably piss some people off. The always on DRM failed. So while i am unable to play the game due to internet outage, or "Scheduled downtime" The people who stole the game are playing singleplayer without blizzard hovering over their shoulder. First you try to rip me off selling me 3 copies of SC2, and now this? Whatever blizzard, you've lost a customer. Expand
  90. May 17, 2012
    Played the demo of this game, thought it was pretty good until I got booted offline and I realized that I could not decide on my own when I could play the game. I will not pay for a product that I cannot use unless I am allowed. This is not an mmo, this is a single player game. It's too bad they made the decision to not include an offline mode. Hopefully this isn't an omen for the future of gaming. Expand
  91. May 17, 2012
    The end of an era. Though Diablo 3 can be seen as an improvement in many ways, it is has lost the advantage to games of the time that it's predecessors had. The graphics, monster ai, and user interface feel like the best 2006 has to offer, but are all better then the previous iteration. The bad: complete lack of character progression, auction house can sell you loot that makes game too easy, auction house has not worked properly since release, loot has been dumbed down and different weapon types are just for show, game servers are constantly down and laggy, story is by far the worst blizzard has ever written, and core gameplay is essentially the same.

The good: cutscenes!
  92. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a rehash of Diablo 2 game mechanics wise, all that has changed is the progression has been simplified for people and the art style has changed towards WoW. There has been no innovation, even after a decade. Diablo 2 had it's flaws, absolutely none were fixed and although very few, more were introduced.
    This game is as shallow as they come. The only thing it does well is give
    you a great sense of progression, blizzard has captured how to do this exceptionally, and I hate to put it like this, but essentially the game provides fake fun On top of this, they promised the new way of progression would leave us with all kinds of builds and unique ways to end up. This is not true, all people have been building the same as they level up, then when it gets to 30-60 you have only 2-3 builds to choose from per character (unless you want to choose something... thats obvious nonsense....)
    This game is worth $60 if money is literally dirt to you.

[Server lag and AFK timeouts in my single player experience]
  93. May 17, 2012
    Graphics - Below Expectation
    Game Play - Below Expectation
    Music - Average
    Story - Disappointing...

Broke my heart... Diablo 3 is not a bad game, it just fails to live up to the expectations...
  94. May 18, 2012
    All I can say is this is...The game is unplayable. it disconnects all the time. It looks like this game was the beta for always-online gaming. the game looks great, and i got to play it for a few seconds...after getting disconnected several times it finally says some data doesn't match and i cant log back in. now i am told i may need to re-install the game again....so i did....then it gave me the same error. where do i go to get my open-box refund? If my product doesn't work, shouldn't i get a refund? What do you mean the terms and conditions i accepted so i can play the game voids my rights as a consumer? Expand
  95. May 18, 2012
    The software quality of this game really does deserve a 0, whatever the fanboys say. In short, a team of supposedly professional developers with a multi-million dollar budget cannot accomplish in terms of accessibility and availability what a small group of programmers can achieve on little to no budget (eg indie-games, torrent sites). Game world synchronization is a severe problem. Oftentimes, there's upwards of a full second lag between an animation completing and syncing with the game world (for example, the magic missile is fired). The UI feels rushed and seems to lack even basic customization options. You can enable hit-statistics and numbers, which is a good thing and a nod to the gamers as opposed to those looking for an interactive entertainment experience. Micro-stuttering is extremely severe for many players, myself included. The game is an absolute resource hog and seems to be hideously inefficient-- my rig _does_ play Crysis (with all its volumetric glory) at around 60 fps, but can't handle Diablo 3 @ 1920x1080. Go figure. The dismal software quality notwithstanding, there are some very strange design choices in the game itself that detracts alot from the value. For example, my Wizard runs around with a Vampiric 2-handed axe, which beats the crap out of any wand/ord combo I have seen in the game. I don't understand this at all from a gameplay perspective. The only reason I can think of for this design choice is that more items are likely to be sold on the RM auctions. It makes no stylistic, artistic or gameplay sense.

Both the Monk and the Wizard handle their weapons in a really awkward fashion, not to mention the sloppy animations involved for these two classes. The Monk at least has some class-restrictions, so I won't be using that 2-handed axe for him; opting instead for a club/axe combo that so far has beaten any knuckles or other Monk specifics I have seen in the game. Since they don't actually use their weapons in the animation, why do they hold them in ready positions while running around? It looks terrible and feels rushed. The Demon Hunter and Barbarian seem to suffer less from this problem, but not the Witch Doctor -- the two primary weapon-using classes seem to be what the entire game has been designed around. Since the Demon Hunter was added so late in the process, I would say that the Barbarian is the class that the game has been designed for.

Auto-levelling is probably an attempt to consolify or casualize the game, but a MUCH better option would be an "auto-level" button in the character screen. The current system feels cheap, a cop-out from actual game design and an attempt to provide a more "cinematic" experience, in other words less interactivity and fewer game rules. The overall feel is that of a remake, not a sequel or continuation. This is a Diablo 2 remake, rushed out the door. I find it very hard to believe this game had more than an 18-24 month development cycle. If it did, it doesn't reflect well at all on Blizzard.

At its price-point, a '4' is a strong score for a game like this, in my opinion. If you take software quality into consideration, a '2' would be overly generous. In summary: * If you didn't play Diablo 1 and/or 2, this is a prime and gentle introduction to the franchise. If you can find the game for around 20-30â
  96. May 18, 2012
    Played through it with a friend in a couple of hours - a great disappointment. The graphics are nice, the controls are good but the depth of the original Diablo games just isn't there - you do not care about the story at all.
  97. May 18, 2012
    **** the online DRM system!! I just want play my game by myself. Let the single player gamers play this game blizzard! This will not be a solution for pirate games...
  98. May 18, 2012
    I told myself I'd enjoy this game no matter how much they ruin it. We've waited over 11 years, and let's face it, it's nearly impossible to live up to the hype. But when you go back and look at the screenshots of the first 'revision' of diablo3 you wonder, was it worth re-doing? Blizzard dropped the ball firing blizzard north staff and telling them to scrap d3. Then they merged with activision and had a huge cash cow called WoW. Honestly, this isn't blizzard that we loved anymore. As many have said, a lot is wrong with this game, and I fear for the future.
    1. stats: Diablo 2 had an issue, you had no reason to not pump up one stat. Except for the fact you know, it wasn't that huge of an issue. There was simple fixes that could of took place, reducing the hp scaling per vitality point and increasing the scaling of other stats for example. There was always builds will max vita, but there was also max str and max dex (titan baba and glasscannon zons) and even max energy sorc.

2. DRM: while this upsets me, it isn't the hugest issue. If there is maintenence, as there has been. You can't play. If the servers are far away, you lag. If you have a bad connection (such as my friend) you get a constant 2k ping. A lot better ways of preventing cheats such as client side with server side authentication could have been used to at least reduce the dependence on servers. What if in 5 years they don't want to keep the servers up? This isn't d2 where the servers can be run on a small little think for a few bucks a month. Once they are down, we have no where to go, because there is no offline/single player.

3. MMO. This isn't the same genre as d2. There is no replay value in this game, there is no clear and understood method of farming, there is no game channels, there is no future. You level a character once, do all the town and back talk to this person talk to that person quests. Then you're sitting there trying to figure out what to do. The level cap is 60, so there is no high goal of trying to hit 99. Any gear you want can easily be bought, so what is the point of grinding mobs? You're stuck, do you wait for pvp? Wait for an expansion, just to give more cash to a company that could lock you out of this game forever in two years? Or do you do the exact same back and forth talk and grab item quests and level another char?

Let's face it, this game has some fun hidden in it. But that's only with friends, and from what I can see, only the first run through. I hope blizzard does something quick, before they lose the diablo fanbase and is left to die.

ps. don't even get me started on the water-color graphics, while a few acts seem better then others. The art direction is horrible. I don't want a post-processing effect slapped in my face.
  99. May 18, 2012
    age of empires is way better than this. really age of empires is way better than this trust me age of empires is way better than this,once again age of empires is way better than this, seriously age of empires is way better than this
  100. May 18, 2012
    Constant online DRM is the most scummy thing I can imagine. You can try and justify it all you want, but under no circumstance should I have to wait to be able to log on to my own SINGLE PLAYER game that I payed full price for. Aside from this, the game just showed a lot of lost potential to begin with. Koticks grubby hands are all too apparent with the inclusion of a micro transaction based auction house placed in game, effectively removing all skill necessary to do well. Skill point distribution is all but simplified as much as possible, once again removing from the game's enjoyable complexities, and the game is ridiculously short. You can defend it all you want, but in the end, no person who enjoys video games should sit there and take this sort of abusive DRM restrictions. Let Blizzard know that what they're doing is wrong. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012