Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jan 30, 2016
    Diablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep itDiablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep it fresh. Worth your time, especially at the current price. Expand
  2. May 24, 2012
    Ok, this is my second review of this game on here and I have to give this a better score than I did before. Now, the issues with this game are still there: The fact that you ALWAYS have to be online to play is the worst sign of the future of gaming bar none. The fact that the developer can control when, how, and what you play is such a terrible idea and really treats the consumer like dirtOk, this is my second review of this game on here and I have to give this a better score than I did before. Now, the issues with this game are still there: The fact that you ALWAYS have to be online to play is the worst sign of the future of gaming bar none. The fact that the developer can control when, how, and what you play is such a terrible idea and really treats the consumer like dirt when they have no say over what they're doing. The fact that your subjected to Blizzard's Battle.net, which I've never been impressed with, is another reason that can make playing this game alot more difficult. However, the bottom line is this: The game is super fun, especially with other people. The fact that every map basically is a randomly generated dungeon adds a fresh element to replaying the story on the harder difficulties. Whatever you think of Achievements, if you actually go out and try to obtain them, it'll make playing this game more fun and give you some goals to shoot for. The best thing, however, is definitely playing with other people. I've had the opportunity now to play through the story once in single-player and once with 3 other people and playing this game with a full party was so much fun. It really adds to everything that this game is and your missing out if you are only playing single player. You can even join public games with random people to see how it is but playing it with people you know and enjoy being around is the best part of this game, especially when everyone is playing different classes and your coordinating with each other especially on the harder difficulties. Yes, there are alot of problems that surround this game in how you get to the point where you are playing it. However, beyond the fairly simple story, this game is easily one of the best of the year and the fact that you can have a fairly old computer, like I have, and still play this without the lag that usually accompanies new releases like this make this a must play. You'll have the issues that I said before but your doing yourself an injustice by not playing this game with your friends. It really is that fun. Expand
  3. Sep 10, 2015
    I am a fan of the Diablo series and I can say I very much enjoy what Diablo 3 has to offer. The game play is great and stays true to the hack and slash RPG I fell in love with years ago. I would say 80% of the negative reviews on here are the launch day server issues. While understandably frustrating for many, it is no reason to pout and make a good game look horrid to future players.
  4. May 30, 2012
    Having played through all character types on normal, I have to say this game feels very close to the original games in terms of gameplay, story and audio quality, okay so the leveling and buffs system is all new but it seems to work pretty well and the auction house is handy for folk that can't be bothered with grinding for that "perfect fit" gear.

Personally I never suffered any timeout

Personally I never suffered any timeout or lost saves or server issues whether in solo or co-op modes but can appreciate how crappy that would be due to its drm method which is a bit over the top, also the huge price by PC game standards (Most games are £25 on release these days, but thankfully I only paid £20 for my D3 2 days after release so can't moan there either).

Will Torchlight 2 be better? who knows but I'll be buying that as well since it's dirt cheap and has most of the missing stuff PC gamers demand.
  5. Apr 4, 2014
    Addictive, repetitive dungeon-crawler - ridiculously easy even on hard level for the first playthrough. Plenty of loot and a wide variety of locations, enemies and bosses to keep you pushing forward relentlessly. There's a familiar story of demons and angels, good vs evil, betrayal and bravery etc .. However there's not much else in terms of strategy or role-playing. This is a fast-pacedAddictive, repetitive dungeon-crawler - ridiculously easy even on hard level for the first playthrough. Plenty of loot and a wide variety of locations, enemies and bosses to keep you pushing forward relentlessly. There's a familiar story of demons and angels, good vs evil, betrayal and bravery etc .. However there's not much else in terms of strategy or role-playing. This is a fast-paced action game that you literally play with one-hand on a mouse if you have some side-buttons for hot-actions. I think I had to press Q for a health potion about three or four times and that was it. Might consider the expansion and another playthrough or two in the future. By the way I had zero problems with the online connectivity requirement, so I don't know what people are moaning about. Expand
  6. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayerFor years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics aren’t the best but they are still great. 8.
    Sound: The sounds good, themes, voice acting. 10.
    Graphics: The graphics aren’t the best but they are still great. 8.
    Sound: The sounds good, themes, voice acting. 10.
    Gameplay: The game is similar to Diablo 2 but with different types of spells depending on the class you choose. The game feels too much of a grind, walk, kill a monster, walk, and kill another monster. As soon as you get to Act 2 it starts feeling like a chore. To hit level 60 you must complete the game on all difficulty settings previous to inferno. After, there are now newly added paragon levels which are just programmed for the dedicated player. I enjoyed the game, it’s something different than what I normally play, but it is very repetitive. 8.5.
    Story: The story is average, I can’t really say much without giving out spoilers. 7.0.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth it, and if you bought the annual pass for WoW like I did, the game is free. 10.
    Overall Score: 8.7 out of 10.
  8. Mar 19, 2016
    Diablo III

Game-Play: Great game-play with random regenerated levels and lot of loot to make your character just as you want to make him or her. With six different classes like the barbarian, Templar witch doctor and more and great boss fights. Story: I found the story good but not great but the 2 final acts really make up for the first 2.It will take you about 20 hour to complete.
    Diablo III

Graphics: Good graphics but with the top down game-play of the diablo series is difficult to notice them.

Notes:The game had some bugs and glitches but is fine now ad you ca really enjoy it . Also you had to try the hardcore mode. A great game every RPG fun should have it.
  9. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that hasExcellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  10. May 17, 2012
    I played this game for 10 minutes and it's the most amazing game I've ever played!!! I know, that sounds ridiculous... but it's no more ridiculous than those giving the game a zero simply because they can't play offline. I have to balance out the stupidity. I'll put up a real review when I actually play the game... unlike all these knee jerk reviews.
  11. Jun 19, 2012
    Diablo III is an action RPG set in a Dante-esque world constantly threatened by the lords of Hell. As far as action RPG's go, Diablo III is definitely a bash-in-the-door dungeon crawler, and it sticks to what it knows best: blasting things, looting, and blasting things harder. Most of the time, you'll be casually destroying weak enemies, but the real fun comes in when tackling the bossesDiablo III is an action RPG set in a Dante-esque world constantly threatened by the lords of Hell. As far as action RPG's go, Diablo III is definitely a bash-in-the-door dungeon crawler, and it sticks to what it knows best: blasting things, looting, and blasting things harder. Most of the time, you'll be casually destroying weak enemies, but the real fun comes in when tackling the bosses or the elite enemies. Some of them are very difficult, and won't be beaten without tight tactical play. The difficulty is curved nicely, for the most part, and if you can't beat an enemy, a switch of skills often does the trick, but sometimes you just need to farm to move past it.

As a casual Diablo II veteran, I really enjoy the new direction Blizzard has taken with the series: no decision is permanent, which means that you can try things out, reverse non-optimal decisions, and switch play styles on the fly to see what works best or you. Character customization is therefore limited to the build you choose to play at any given time. However, many Diablo veterans dislike the more radical changes from previous iterations, so I won't say Diablo III is better, just that I like it a lot more.

The auction houses add the ability to buy/sell items with other players, which can make a huge difference if the random loot you get doesn't leave you with, for example, good armor but a useless pair of pants. The downside is that a lot of the gear needed to perform well at the hardest difficulties can be prohibitively expensive, and isn't much of an improvement over farming.

The always-online restriction does get annoying, especially because I've been in some areas since launch with bad Internet, but it's nice that all of single-player play won't be lost when I decide to play online co-op. It makes things harder, but ultimately doesn't ruin the game if you normally have access to a mediocre or better connection.

All in all, it's hard to beat Diablo if you're interested in a good dungeon crawler. Don't go in expecting it to be like Diablo II, because it isn't. I recommend it, but beware that your mileage may vary, especially for the high cost.
  12. May 15, 2014
    I've had Diablo III for a very long time but after seeing concerns raised by many other gamers worldwide; I decided to only play it when it was in an acceptable state. Two years since release and finally this game is of a very satisfying standard thanks to the new patch and work done on DRM issues from Blizzard. For some, this is too late in the day particularly after the apparent 10 yearI've had Diablo III for a very long time but after seeing concerns raised by many other gamers worldwide; I decided to only play it when it was in an acceptable state. Two years since release and finally this game is of a very satisfying standard thanks to the new patch and work done on DRM issues from Blizzard. For some, this is too late in the day particularly after the apparent 10 year development.

Fans of the series may have mixed emotions about this game; it has lost it's dark and gritty feel and is now more artistic with colour with a bright pallet and plenty of color. Some areas are often sparse but you're not too far from a battle here and there. The main story is fairly short which is a shame but you can replay the game with the different classes which offer enough diversity particularly in the inventory aspect. Developing characters, leveling up and completing the game multiple times is an extremely enjoyable experience and bumping up the difficulty adds some spice and extra XP+gold which helps ranking up.

The Story is nothing special and any side missions are fairly simple though. Combat is clean and fun but everything is very repetitive in time. Hunting for loot and building your hero adds much to what is at times a bland game.

Activison Blizzard have thankfully closed the Auction House which was something of some debate. Now more legendary items are dropping in game rather than you having to cough up with gold or real money just to improve your character this way. I found the ethics behind this practice terrible especially considering the shape this game has been in for the past 24 months. I have had no issues in connecting to matches or when playing which is amazing considering how many problems were reported with the DRM feature since release. The game is finally at a satisfactory standard now.

If you are a fan of Diablo or the genre; this game is definitely worth a purchase now. Don't expect the feel of previous games. This is more of a modern take which may put some people off. It's a solid title with a good inventory backbone and character development feature but it doesn't take long to finish and the game may be too linear for some.
  13. Nov 6, 2016
    Diablo III is a great RPG game with an interesting story and excellent gameplay. I am not too experienced at playing RPGs, but DIII made my day. The graphics is great in the game. I love how they created gameplay, it makes the game interesting not only in the matter of plot. To put it simply, just play it.
  14. Jul 17, 2012
    Having enjoyed both D1 and D2 very much, I was excited for the release of D3. I think that Blizzard did a wonderful job bringing this franchise into the present by removing many of the tedious and dare I say, useless facets of the previous games. Removing the stat points from the game and making characters skill based was brilliant. And to top it off, if I want to change my character, I noHaving enjoyed both D1 and D2 very much, I was excited for the release of D3. I think that Blizzard did a wonderful job bringing this franchise into the present by removing many of the tedious and dare I say, useless facets of the previous games. Removing the stat points from the game and making characters skill based was brilliant. And to top it off, if I want to change my character, I no longer have to start over and grind my way back to where I was. I simply change my skills and keep on slaughtering. Like D2 the game leans heavily on finding loot but has created a system where anyone can jump in and have a very satisfying session without the need to have some special set of armor or purchase items for real money just to compete. And the best part of all is the DRM! Yes I said it and thank the powers that be for making that decision. Good by hackers and dupers. I don't miss you one little bit. Sure you have to have an internet connection but in this day and age if you don't have an internet connection you have more to worry about than playing a game. Get real. Overall, very fun game that has met most of my expectations. I am only giving it an 8 because there is room for improvement (hint hint expansions). Expand
  15. May 19, 2012
    After 50 hours of gameplay in 3 days, I can say only one thing: excellent game, made to last for years and decades. Oh my, so many haters here were probably paid by a company hostile towards Activision and have no idea what they are writing about. This is a great game, with an enormous potential that will make you play it years after you bought it. The gameplay is awesome, th UI is veryAfter 50 hours of gameplay in 3 days, I can say only one thing: excellent game, made to last for years and decades. Oh my, so many haters here were probably paid by a company hostile towards Activision and have no idea what they are writing about. This is a great game, with an enormous potential that will make you play it years after you bought it. The gameplay is awesome, th UI is very well thought. Locations are a delight: vast, varied, vibrant with Diablo 1 gloomy and dark atmosphere. Multiplayer is great, I have never seen so addictive co-op. Looting, crafting and skill systems are full of great innovation and offer tonns of items, millions of skill combinations and an enormous potential where you can sink you gold into. Auction House is a very good feature for those who don't want to think too much about strategies and tactics at higher difficulty levels. So why all this hate? Let's analyze it step by step by looking at some major accusations. INNOVATION. This game IS innovative, but as much as it is necessary not to loose the Diablo style of game. COLORFUL. No, it's a return to good ol' Diablo dark atmosphere, without some colorful elements of Diablo 2. INTERNET ISSUES. Well, the game is out 2 days and some gave it 0 because more than 2 milion people preordered it and maybe another 4 milions bought it and can't log in during the first hour after the servers are up? Come on, give me a break! INTERNET-DRM. And so? If I can play without some stupid hackers and cheaters running by, why not? And what is all about latency? I never ever had any latency issues in D3, except in the beta. NO SINGLE PLAYER... No comments on this. What kind of arguments are these people bringing in? Diablo III is great. Period. For me, it has only one (1, ONE) big flaw: the music is nothing in comparison with Matt Uelmen's. Who played Diablo 1 will know what I mean. Expand
  16. May 16, 2012
    Really am shocked most of these negative reviews are not talking about the actual game. Lets all just give it 0's or 1's based on that first day problem. Firstly I have played Diablo since the beginning. I remember picking up the original many years ago and being surprised and excited at just how good it was. Diablo 2 was no exception. My favorite game ever made, it surpassed everythingReally am shocked most of these negative reviews are not talking about the actual game. Lets all just give it 0's or 1's based on that first day problem. Firstly I have played Diablo since the beginning. I remember picking up the original many years ago and being surprised and excited at just how good it was. Diablo 2 was no exception. My favorite game ever made, it surpassed everything that I thought when it was released. Still have my collector's edition of that. Everything about Diablo 2 improved upon the first game and made it a hell of a lot of fun. Especially the environments and story. With Diablo 3 the bar was pretty high I must say. At first glance I was unsure about the whole thing. The graphics, the story, the new talent system. I really was hoping it would go in the same way as Diablo 2, keeping those dark environments, traditional heaven and hell graphic style, and improve upon the story and talents. Well finally Diablo 3 is released and to my surprise its actually very very good. At first I admit I was a troll, always putting it down for the typical view on the graphics. But actually playing it for quite a while I noticed that it exactly does what it was meant to do and that is improve upon each game and make it unique in its own right. The environments are fantastic. Act 2 being my favorite. The combat I especially love. Its fast paced and the powers each class gets are really enjoyable to use. So has all this time that has passed been good to us fans then in the form of this game? I would say absolutely. However what makes me give it an 8 is a few minor things and one major thing. First the minor things.. the graphics can be a bit uneven because of physics involved..I noticed it did slow down my computer sometimes. This can be adjusted of course in the graphics menu. Next the chat window font size really hurts the eyes and could use a font size option. Next gripe is not having a main capital area for players to hang out in. This would give players a chance to communicate and check out gear etc. Another minor gripe is a few graphical glitches and bugs that sometimes spring up, I had my toon jump back a few times (hopefully not from lag) and a few visual problems. Finally Diablo looks skinny as a rail...what happened to the lord of terror?.

The major gripe is the online connectivity and these errors we got on launch day. No game where you pay 60-100 dollars should lock you out. Blizzard has been irresponsible for changing an original single-player game into a game where you HAVE to be connected constantly. When I first started playing I want to play solo so not giving players the option is a really bad move. This also brings up those problems we all had trying to connect. Error after Error. Blizzard who are one of the richest developers has no excuse for allowing this to happen. While other countries have no problems we are left sitting at home being forced to enter our password a million times. Its just appalling to say the least. Give us a offline mode please!. All in all Diablo 3 has met my expectations greatly and I am so far loving every minute of it. Customization of character looks would have been nice but once you start wearing armor its no big deal. The combat is fast and furious. Dialogue really interesting (female monk is in my opinion the best character in the game and her voice actress does a terrific job) and story continuing Cain's fairytale. I also have to say the collector's edition is one of Blizzards best. They did a fantastic job on it. I would definitely recommend the game. Its one of the best titles so far to come out this year. Were all annoyed by the launch day problems and this stuff really shouldn't happen but if we can get by that you will realize a game that is a joy to play and continues the Diablo tradition.
  17. Jul 30, 2017
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  18. Apr 9, 2013
    I have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels upI have to update my review. Months after release and playing more than 200 hours as well as trying out the other Action RPG competitors, I am glad the direction that Diablo went in. Compared to the previous installment, they did streamline the game to not feel so "nuts and bolts." There are some things that this allows and prohibits. The one major downfall is that every character levels up the same. This limits the dynamics of the characters. Once you have a Barbarian or Demon Hunter already created, creating another is superfluous. However, it allows for a focus on skills and skill selection. Also, there are options to test different builds to one you like. Attributes are automatically distributed when you level, so the game becomes a little more results based.

The drop rates are way better than months ago and Inferno difficulty is manageable than there were even 6 months ago.

Multiplayer can be fun and as time went on, there are more options for those that don't participate. Patch 1.08 will enhance the benefits of multiplayer more.

The RMAH was a bad idea and is now recognized as a bad idea by Blizzard. The auction house can be nice sometimes to open up different options. There is a sense of community that I don't see with the competitors with the online DRM, auction house, multiplayer etc. that I like, but most find these to be the greatest detriments to the game or the areas that need the most improvement.

Unlike many games, this game is continually updated and revised. I've put countless hours into this game. It is a wonderful value since it requires no additional costs.
  19. Oct 30, 2012
    Diablo 3 isn't perfect but it still a great game. I have played for around 125h, finished the game (inferno) with 2 characters and halfway through on a third one. The game's major problem (may be actually fixed, i have played until patch 1.04) is when people actually get to inferno, the game become pointless. There is almost no legendary drops and 95% of the time, they aren't even good.Diablo 3 isn't perfect but it still a great game. I have played for around 125h, finished the game (inferno) with 2 characters and halfway through on a third one. The game's major problem (may be actually fixed, i have played until patch 1.04) is when people actually get to inferno, the game become pointless. There is almost no legendary drops and 95% of the time, they aren't even good. They did add the paragon system which is good but wasn't enough to keep me playing. Also the constant maintenance on the game that may prevent you from playing when you want to is a little turn off. Expand
  20. May 16, 2012
    This title, despite having a botched launch day (with numerous outages), is not a bad game. It is by far nowhere near the hype (as usually that is the case), but still fun to play. The graphics are pretty to look at, the enemies are everywhere, and is massively multi-player. The storyline is predictable, cheesy, and much like an action cartoon script. That is OK, considering the game thatThis title, despite having a botched launch day (with numerous outages), is not a bad game. It is by far nowhere near the hype (as usually that is the case), but still fun to play. The graphics are pretty to look at, the enemies are everywhere, and is massively multi-player. The storyline is predictable, cheesy, and much like an action cartoon script. That is OK, considering the game that it is, and I do not expect an epic tale. I knew the downsides from the outset, such as a no offline mode (which is understandable with the real-world currency feature), no character customization, and the go here, hack-this-slash-that, grab-this routine. Overall, I am satisfied with this game, but it is by far, not the best I have ever played. Expand
  21. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game that is a great addition to the Diablo series.

The gameplay is fantastic, the art design is very well done and most importantly its fun as hell and it has the same old addicting Diablo fun factor. Get a few friends together and this is some of the best gaming in the last 5-10 years. I think Diablo2 fans will love this game, as will new people to the series. Fantastic game!!
    Amazing game that is a great addition to the Diablo series.

Fantastic game!! GOTY so far!
  22. May 22, 2012
    Fantastic game. Great sequel and wrap-up of the Diablo story, excellent gameplay and artistic approach, and definite replayability (if that's a word lol).
  23. Aug 31, 2013
    The only regret is that I waited all this time to play Diablo 3. That game isn't comparable to other h&s in the market. The details, the structure of the map, battles, story,graphics effects, etc. all to a higher level.
  24. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  25. Xon
    Jan 25, 2013
    IGNORE THE HATERS

There is much to enjoy and admire in this game, if this is your cup of tea. personally, I've spent countless hours replaying the game with different characters. I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun,
    IGNORE THE HATERS

I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun, perhaps you will too.
  26. May 20, 2012
    TLDR: Great game, some release issues. Most polished, deep and captivating aRPG ever released. Will be hard for PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 or others to match this one. Not revolutionary in much, but everything it does have works and works EXTREMELY well.

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more: Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more:

Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before I get into Nightmare mode! This is an incredibly fun and addictive aRPG. A lot of depth that will not even become available to you until you are 20+ hrs into the game. I've only played it for 8 hrs but that was enough to get a feel for the barbarian class. If you like these kinds of games then this is more of the same with an added dash of love and awesomeness. The challenge does ramp up and yes it's a clickfest and gear stat driven game, but it works and the story is good enough to pull you along. Voice acting is spot on. Music is incredible. The amount of variation in level design and enemy design is VERY VERY good for how rich and detailed the game world is. especially compared to other aRPGs. I am knocking off 1 point for the painful release servers and another point for the annoying always-online DRM, but would quickly add back 1 point if the latency I was getting wasn't > 200 ms with some noticeable server stutter at times (this is more likely due to me being in Australia and having to play on 'the Americas' servers... than anything wrong with the netcode which seems fine. I actually hardly notice the latency except maybe once or twice an hour).

Auction house is very easy to use, has good search functionality and I was able to sell equipment and buy stuff that I wanted easily. Very fluid system. No issues. I think this adds great replayability and what not to the game. Also the ability to created socketed items and move the gems around is really nice as I'm no longer worried about breaking gems and losing things that took forever to earn. Also this is really good for creating alts as you'll be able to start them with a set of full socketed gear to give them a huge DPS advantage in the early levels and get through it quick.

Achievements are not normally my thing, but in a game like this they feel akin to the achievements in TF2, where you've always got something random to work towards and it's just another fun diversion during the chaos of battle.

Dungeon design - I am IN LOVE with the dungeon design. The worst dungeon design i have seen in my life was Dragon Age 2. Bioware, play this game, they have randomly generated dungeons with repeated art assets and I'm YET to feel like I'm in the same dungeon ever. Nailed it Blizzard! Halls of Agony were EXCELLENT.

Multiplayer - easy enough to get into, found my friends nicely. Works. No issues.

9/10.
  27. Nov 12, 2014
    It's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it'sIt's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it's original state I would have given it a 7/10, so it's obvious that those giving it anything below a "4" have the typical "gamer butt hurt syndrome". Some gamers have no sense of responsibility and just want to rag on a decent game because of one or two mistakes. Disgusting. In this day and age people listen to those reviews and act accordingly. Why bother posting an inaccurate review?

This game as it stands today is highly addicting, fast-paced, loot-gathering fun. The only thing I missed was not being able to assign attribute points, but I understand the reasoning behind taking it away. Thank god finally everyone gets their own loot drops! That was my major gripe about Diablo 2.

Any fan of Diablo games needs to pick this up...now! And everyone else should strongly consider giving it a try.
  28. Jul 1, 2015
    - Good: Gameplay, Multiplayer, Setting
    - Mixed: Story, Atmosphere/Mood, Soundtrack
    - Bad: ---

Very enjoyable game, solid and polished gameplay with mediocre story.
  29. Sep 25, 2012
    Passable as a game, but certainly the downsides hurt every aspect of it. The auction house means you're just grinding for gold to buy better items than you'll ever find, and of course you're stuck with it always being there since always-on DRM doesn't let you play offline. Just play Torchlight 2 if you want the true successor since those are the devs that made Diablo and Diablo 2 anyway.
  30. May 18, 2012
    OK, this is a reworked review from the one I originally posted, although it is still a 10, it is a 10 with much more deserving. Let's begin by putting the horrors of the first two days behind us, and now that we are, for the most, able to login, the game plays very well, with some slight improvement on the latency, it would be fantastic...................Graphically the game is pleasingOK, this is a reworked review from the one I originally posted, although it is still a 10, it is a 10 with much more deserving. Let's begin by putting the horrors of the first two days behind us, and now that we are, for the most, able to login, the game plays very well, with some slight improvement on the latency, it would be fantastic...................Graphically the game is pleasing in the most part, and at some points quite amazing. I game on a 5 year old machine with a trusty old Q6600 cpu at 2.8ghz, just 4GB of DDR2 RAM, and an almost stock 6850 card. I play at 1920x1200 with everything on high but without anti-aliasing. I get 60 FPS pretty much everywhere, with a rare bit of stuttering which players on the very latest equipment are also reporting. I can turn on the AA, but I don't want to push my luck, and the game looks great without it anyway................... As far as audio is concerned, I didn't see much in the way of options for this apart from the usual sliders, I didn't see any settings to accomodate my 5.1 surround headphones, but I'll forgive Blizzard for that..............On to the gameplay. This is pretty much a tried and tested format as far as the basic mechanics go, and anyone who has played previous Diablo games or games like Titan Quest, and other games in the same vein over the years will feel comfortable with the "pick up and play" format that comes with isometric action RPGs........... The encounters in the game are decent enough with a wide variety of mob types, and the random element in the layout of various zones give you a refreshing crawl each time you play through them - and you will want to replay them as with the random layouts come random dungeons with various bosses in most of them. You will need to do these not only for the odd bit of XP grinding if you want to play that way, but also to complete the many, many achievements that come with the game for you to complete...................Last of all the storyline. It's a fairly common story for Diablo games, and your task is basically to destroy the devil to restore peace in the world. The story is told with a lot of panache and style, and you can get a feel for the lore by collecting the various journals lying around which are all fully fleshed out with vocals. Which is a good thing because some of the times you collect them you have no time to read the dialogue with it, and if I did have a gripe with this, then it is the fact that when you pick up a journal, a third of your screen is immediately taken up with the text which is being read out to you, which usually means you have to quickly close it down if you are in the middle of a tough fight...............................So, as far as giving the game a 10 out of 10 goes, well, in this day and age, what does it take to make a game a 10? quite a lot really, and even though the four acts the first time around will give you about 20-30 hours of gameplay for a player who wants to take everything in at a reasonable pace, repeating the game on nightmare and the subsequent crazy difficulty levels will have you coming back for more. Add to this an Auction House for you to trade your unwanted items, or to buy some yourself, provides even more excuses to waste your weekends behing your screen. Blizzard plan to go live with a real currency version of the Auction House in the coming couple of weeks, and you just know there will be people prepared to spend real money for some of the more sought after Legendary Items. So, enjoy the game and make a bit of cash on the side to boot! Lets just hope Blizzard make a few expansion packs like they did with previous incarnations to keep everyone happy..................Diablo 3 is here! It's been 12 years in hiatous, and its great! Go and buy it! Expand
  31. May 25, 2012
    Diablo 3 definitely has some issues, such as connection issues. Lag in single player. No talent trees, and a fairly linear experience but past all of that is a well crafted game with lots of detail and is chalked full of interesting environments and characters to take the roles of. As a fan of Diablo 2 its a worthy successor to the Diablo series, if not a bit linear and it may not the theDiablo 3 definitely has some issues, such as connection issues. Lag in single player. No talent trees, and a fairly linear experience but past all of that is a well crafted game with lots of detail and is chalked full of interesting environments and characters to take the roles of. As a fan of Diablo 2 its a worthy successor to the Diablo series, if not a bit linear and it may not the the mind-blowing, genre defining experience we all expected, there is lots of hack and slash fun to have here. One cool feature is that anybody who is accompanying you in battle like a follower have interesting things to say and talk to your character, making them feel alive and believable. Not just mindlessly following you around. One of the worst parts of the game is constantly having to be connected to the internet to play the game. It is ridiculous that i need to online to play a single player game! What if i go on a trip and i want to take my laptop and play on the way or something? Im just not going to be able to and ill have to deal with it even though its a SINGLE player game, although you can play the game with random people online or your friends so thats good. Overall Diablo 3 is a great hack and slash RPG that is one of the best games to come out this year. Expand
  32. May 18, 2012
    Regardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it evenRegardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it even more addicting, it will definitely leave you wanting more, it is a true Blizzard masterpiece. Expand
  33. Jun 3, 2012
    In a nutshell, Diablo 3 is a well refined Diablo 2 for modern times. Visceral physics-based destruction, awesome monster models, realistic CGI cutscenes, full voice acting and pleasing special effects are all excellent additions to the Diablo franchaise, making the experience that much sweeter.

It seems the nearly 11 years of development wasn't enough - some character voice acting (Female barbarian, for example) is terrible, with a lack of enthusiasm and a poorly imitated accent. The story and setting in the final act felt very rushed - the supposedly epic moment in the game featured very small areas, no main city, few monsters, and very rushed story - a lot happens at once, and it all resolves very quickly.

The gameplay has a lot of much-needed refinements, notably the flexible and open skill talent system, single-potions removes the annoying potion spam and randomized 'events' add replayability and exploration. The combat is very satisfying and addictive, and looting monsters has never been better! Multiplayer features a lot of improvements, such as achievements, an auction house, simple partying, proper 'exclusive loot' system and cloud support. Unfortunately, Blizzard played it safe in this area, and unless you've never played previous Diablo games, you'll find very little new for gameplay.

It's still a click-fest; Blizzard hasn't discovered the wonders of a WASD movement system, though admittedly the 'click area' for monsters is quite forgivable. There were issues around large monsters in trying to move your player instead of attacking - the 'click area' for these demons are usually huge and not very intuitive - I repeat, a WASD movement system would fix this easily. Lastly, the 5 different character classes are vastly out of balance, where the melee classes have very little difficulty, and certain skills are downright trash. Maybe they will be useful in PvP (which was not shipped with the game). Lastly, for $60, Diablo 3 doesn't offer a long game - levels are no longer completely randomly generated a-la Diablo 1, and it only took 17.5 hours to absorb the majority of the game's content! For 11 years of development, a little more substance was expected.
    The controversial 'always-on' requirement, aimed at reducing game piracy, causes solo players to suffer. Players can now suffer from lag and disconnects, and is not playable when the servers are down. Not the best decision by Blizzard, but it's not as bad as some say, since the game works great when the servers are up.

Overall, Diablo 3 is a much-needed refinement to the Diablo games, well deserving of the "III" attached. Highly recommended to Diablo fans, those looking for fast-paced multiplayer co-op mayhem or those interested in the next best PC-exclusive title! Unfortunately, Blizzard played it safe with Diablo 3, with very few major gameplay features added and it still feels like an unfinished product, with a semi-operational auction house, promised PvP and vastly imbalanced gameplay. To end on a high note, Blizzard is known to support their games for years and years, so there's no doubt this review's complaints will become obsolete in the future!
  34. Jun 17, 2013
    This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1,This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1, there is now PVP, the crafting is improved, the drop rates are better, the legendaries and sets are better, the players are genuinely pushed to play together cooperatively through massive bonuses, and players can control their gameplay experience a lot via the monster power settings. Of course the game can get boring after about 200 hours, but what game doesn't? The fact is that this is the best ARPG on the market. I've played the others, and they don't really hold a candle. The design of the skills and the classes is of the highest quality. Compare to Torchlight 2 where the skill balance and class balance is atrocious. Expand
  35. May 20, 2012
    For the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and theFor the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and the voice acting is top notch. Sound in general are nearly perfect. The auction house (just started using it) is great, just used my gold from the game (I would never use real money to buy virtual things, sorry Blizzard) to pick up some freaking awesome armor and two axes. Throw in randomly generated maps, and characters that are wildly different means I will be playing this at least one more time (whenever I finish the Barbarian, that is, already about 30 hours in, probably half way through?). Super fun game. Sorry to the folks with bad internet connections. That does suck, and feel for you (I do not like this DRM type either), but when used in the environment Blizzard forces you to use it in, it is a kick butt game. Expand
  36. May 20, 2012
    The game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play theThe game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play the game. I'd recommend this to everyone who likes to play a game where, co-op, single-player and pvp is mixed together into awesomeness. Remember guys this isn't Diablo 2, it's Diablo 3. Expand
  37. May 7, 2014
    Just ignore all the haters, this is an awesome game. Great gameplay, nice story and I love the new skill system. Definitely the best game in the series and now that all the connection errors are gone it's definitely a 9/10
  38. Dec 28, 2012
    I personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. TheI personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. The worst of them is the introduction of the Auction House that makes it too easy to get much better loot by cash or gold purchase instead of earning it through gameplay like it was in D2 and like it is in Torchlight 2. The difficulty has clearly been tweaked around the idea that the game has to be challenging for people who will buy the best gear right at the beginning of Inferno, and that crippled the game's playability for those wanting to do it the old fashioned way. I think any ARPG fan will have fun up to Inferno difficulty regardless. It's just up to you if it's worth tolerating the problems after that point, but you've already played through the story multiple times to get that far. Expand
  39. Oct 22, 2013
    Its a good game. It's wonderfully cinematic, and I've yet to run into a serious bug. The music is worthy of a Diablo game, mucn of the atmosphere is terrific, and its visually appealing.

That said, it's not as good as Diablo 2 was. I'll spare you the hyperbole, but, I'm an older gamer, and its not rose-tinted glasses as I've gone back to D2. The primary reason that it disappoints is the loot system. Why? It's very rudimentary compared to D2. Skills? Very limited again. Full control over your own build? Gone. Endless variety of builds and supporting equipment? Gone. Sigh.

I'm making it sound like a disaster, it isn't. Just read the TLDR.

TLDR It's good, but it's a disappointment if you hoped it would live up to its predecessor.
  40. Mar 17, 2014
    Reduced my rating from 3 to 0. D3 no longer exists in it's original form. Blizzard killed the game with patch 2.0 for worse. All they needed to do was give us simple things like more acts/areas to play, events, etc, not revamp and facelift the entire game balance and mechanics. Barbarian class is garbage now, whilst Wizzard is godly. Main stats are on steroids, life steal buried, AHReduced my rating from 3 to 0. D3 no longer exists in it's original form. Blizzard killed the game with patch 2.0 for worse. All they needed to do was give us simple things like more acts/areas to play, events, etc, not revamp and facelift the entire game balance and mechanics. Barbarian class is garbage now, whilst Wizzard is godly. Main stats are on steroids, life steal buried, AH buried, BOA and no trading possible. PvP still doesn't exist as was promised >3 years ago. Blizzard/Activision is a garbage company still trying to ride on their past glories from decade ago. Expand
  41. May 27, 2012
    Constant internet connection and battle. net requirements aside, the game is a solid dungeon crawler. The graphics (while appearing dated) give a solid atmosphere, and the sound design and musical score are very well done and engaging. The story is pretty typical, but it gives what you're doing a purpose and that's good enough. The gameplay, for the most part, is solid. It's disappointingConstant internet connection and battle. net requirements aside, the game is a solid dungeon crawler. The graphics (while appearing dated) give a solid atmosphere, and the sound design and musical score are very well done and engaging. The story is pretty typical, but it gives what you're doing a purpose and that's good enough. The gameplay, for the most part, is solid. It's disappointing you can no longer distribute attribute and skill points to your own liking, as this was the staple of the previous diablo's. While this makes customization almost a literal no-go, they replay value of the game is still pretty high. It's fun to try and beat the game on a higher difficulty setting (which gets pretty hard), and there are five very different classes to choose. And, despite you having no controls over what skills you learn, the skills themselves are numerous and interesting. All in all, Diablo III is a good game, it's just hampered by poor decisions that were probably made to "streamline" the game. If you try to please everyone, you only disappoint everyone. Take notice, Blizzard. Expand
  42. Jun 18, 2017
    Diablo 3 doesn't quite live up to the legacy of its predecessors but it succeeds in many areas and it is well worth at least a couple play throughs. While its story is mediocre at best its visual design is exceptional and its gameplay is well above average. Admittedly Diablo 3 should have been better and suffers from some pretty big flaws but that isn't to say it doesn't do a lot of thingsDiablo 3 doesn't quite live up to the legacy of its predecessors but it succeeds in many areas and it is well worth at least a couple play throughs. While its story is mediocre at best its visual design is exceptional and its gameplay is well above average. Admittedly Diablo 3 should have been better and suffers from some pretty big flaws but that isn't to say it doesn't do a lot of things really well.

Gameplay is mostly great. Each class is unique and there are tons of spells to choose from. I found playing as a Witch Doctor to be very different from playing as a Barbarian or Wizard and that variety makes playing with friends that much more fun. Whether it be summoning exploding dogs or raining poison toads on your enemies there are tons of fun and creative abilities to unleash upon your enemies. Throughout the entire campaign I was always unlocking new and interesting abilities and getting to try them in different situations. Almost all the abilities seemed fairly well balanced and useful. All of the menus were intuitive and navigation throughout the game was simple. I would have liked to see a bit more interactivity in terms of using abilities to solve puzzles though. While combat is fun it does eventually get quite monotonous and in a game where you are expected to play through many times it should have offered more variety. Being able to easily change the build of my characters also seemed dumb down the experience of trying to optimize your characters. Looting was also undermined by a system that almost forces you to buy equipment with real money, largely killing the reward of finding good loot in game.

The story is definitely worse than past Diablo games. It starts off pretty good but the further it gets the more it starts to seem like something a teenager would write. The Angels and Demons who seemed to be deep and complex in Diablo 2 now seem like a bunch of petty children. Tyrael, who once epitomized the idea of a wise, idyllic being, has now been reduced to a whiny directionless stereotype who is incapable of doing anything without the help of humans who should be far less experienced and less capable than he is. I could have understood that take on the character at the start of the game but once he regains his memories he becomes even more pathetic. The story also has huge inconsistencies. For example, the final boss is supposed to have the power of nearly all the other bosses combined, yet it is actually one of the easier battles. It was like no thought was put into how powerful each demon should be from a story perspective. None of the characters seem to have any motivation beyond saving the world or destroying it. Diablo 2 had pitch perfect story telling full of intrigue, horror and implied depth. Diablo 3's story is a generic B movie by comparison. The story is no worse than a Mario game but only a little bit better which is terribly sad.

The visual design is top notch. Everything is clean, the models and textures are all appealing and interesting. There are dozens of cool looking monsters and spells. Every environment looks great and the cinematic are easily among the best I have seen. What else can I say, Blizzard does great art and this is one of their best looking games.

The Sound Design is also quite good. Some of the voice acting seemed a bit cartoony but that was more a problem with the script than it was with the voices themselves. The music and sound effects were both solid. It's not one of the best soundtracks I have heard but all of the music fit nicely and in never took me out of the experience even after multiple playthroughs.

Ultimately I think Diablo 3 is a really fun game that just failed to fulfill the vision that its predecessors inspired. While there were many things about the game that I thought could have been better, I enjoyed playing it enough that I played through it multiple times. The story certainly wasn't great and seemed to have a totally different tone than Diablo 2 but with that said it isn't a worse story than that of most action games.

I give Diablo 3 a 78%
  43. Oct 21, 2012
    Way better than Diablo 2. Blizzard thankfully took all the annoying things in D2 and changed them. The story is fine, but the dialogs and the whole screenplay is terrible. The skill system is simply amazing, the items are way better and the stat screen although not perfect is at least informative compared to the random numbers in D2 char screen.
  44. Nov 11, 2013
    Alright, it's time to redo my poor review of this game from a few years ago!

Alright, it's time to redo my poor review of this game from a few years ago!

Alright, Diablo 3 upon launch was a highly controversial game, probablly more so than others. The auction house, always online connection, and numerous changes to the classic formula caused a massive uproar. Even to this day, the uproar is scary and still apparent, with none of the reviews being revised or changed, with many accounts on here clearly made just to give this game an absurd 0 through 2 rating. I hardly consider Diablo 3 to be as bad as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on Nintendo or E.T. for the Atari. Tons of games back then had bugs or glitches that were never fixed for obvious reasons, and the huge deluge of players simply was too much for Blizzard's servers to handle when it comes to Diablo 3. It's been a couple of years now, it's time to stop hating on this game, everybody.

Whether you love it or hate it, Diablo 3's greatest strength is the fluent, visceral gameplay. Ragdoll physics enable enemies to be brutally butchered in a myriad of ways, with tons of gore and fluent attacks/abilities that chain together seemlessly unlike Torchlight 1, Torchlight 2, or Path of Exile which feel stiff or awkward.

Diablo 3's excellent action is accentuated by an awesome, in depth ability system, with room for customization for each ability thanks to "Runes". I find it rather laughable when people constantly whine about "wanting to choose a spec" when they technically can do that now anyway with said abilities or runes. You see, there is a reason for why the ability bar is restricted, and this is to make it more tactical. If given too much freedom (which you can have by turning on the ability to customize the action bar completely), almost every player would choose only the most damaging or "best" abilities. Is this really "fun" to you? If you play online, is it really cool or fun to see everybody using the same god damn abilities over and over again?

While I am on the subject, there is also no reason for there to be a skill "tree" anymore because it can condensed, visually, into something like Diablo 3's current ability system. In many ways, it has the same damn depth as a skill tree, with a lot of room to change. You don't have to change anyway, you can keep your skills as they are now, but having the option to respec is always nice! Also, while I am at it, there is no point to stat points anymore. Each class benefits from EVERY stat now, with Strength giving more armor, Agility adding dodge chance, Intelligence adding elemental resistance (very valuable), and Stamina always important as it adds Health. So, the only real issue is having the classes get more damage output from one stat and one stat only. This is a real problem that hurts the game, but not fatally like all the negative reviews think.

The auction house, well, is about to get removed permanently. Now listen carefully: SOME PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE AH BEING REMOVED. Are you people never pleased?! Seriously, what is going on here? People were complaining about auction house woes one second, and now suddenly people are crying about it being removed soon! Gosh darn it! What I think about the auction house is that in concept, it was a good idea. But, the classic Diablo 2 spirit lies in players trading items to eachother in person, rather than anonymously buying stuff on an auction house. It's a controversial feature that is getting removed pretty soon, which will improve the desire to get good loot from drops alone!

The always online connection. Well, if you have an Internet connection to complain about how Diablo 3 sucks so bad for so long, then why complain about the always online connection? The game was meant to be played with friends or other people. Are you so anti social that you always want to play on your own? Which is the reason to have offline play anyway. But, I don't see why this is a huge problem. I am trying to think long and hard about it... but the only thing I can think of is the always online connection causing game lag and rubberbanding when going solo or playing with others. Which has MOSTLY been fixed, at least for now. As I've said, if you have an online connection very often and rarely get disconnected, then there is no reason to complain about an always online connection. You are able to connect often anyway!

The story. The story in Diablo 3 is CLASSIC Blizzard Entertainment stuff. I do not see how or why it is any different than Diablo 2 or 1. We had cackling villains with loud speeches in THOSE GAMES as well, so what's so bad about the new bad guys? The only reason I hate the story in Diablo 3 is that the villains NEVER GIVE UP, but that's because they are arrogant demons! They do not know defeat! The voice acting is excellent on the main characters as well, and the male Barbarian is just a BADASS overall. So, really, what's the problem?

The visual style. Um, who cares? Moving on!

Anyway, that's all I have to say about Diablo 3.
  45. Aug 28, 2017
    very good gameplay and the graphics are realy good, beter than any other hack and slash. enough classes with lot of different skills to try to find the one you like for different situation, and the game isnt repetitive like other games like you just kill 1 single boss for days to get some items. when th game came they had ruined the game that it was too difficult and you had to buy gearvery good gameplay and the graphics are realy good, beter than any other hack and slash. enough classes with lot of different skills to try to find the one you like for different situation, and the game isnt repetitive like other games like you just kill 1 single boss for days to get some items. when th game came they had ruined the game that it was too difficult and you had to buy gear from auction house. good they updated the game now its the bbest hack and slash there is Expand
  46. May 17, 2012
    This is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, inThis is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, in this modern day, a sequel is no more than an expansion with a high-res texture pack in the guise of a sequel. Since it seems the industry is committed to this formula, here is Diablo III, doing the same things it predecessors did but with a few more features and more glitz. In this sense, it is perfect. However, there was a time where this game would have had to be much more than it is. Expand
  47. May 19, 2012
    Well, to all the people whining about lack of offline play, I really think it is retarded to give a game the lowest possible score for one or two issues. My internet connection is stellar, and I don't mind being online.

As for the lack of skill points, people need to quit looking at Diablo 2 with nostalgia glasses. The new way is so much better, and emphasizes the things that make Diablo Diablo.

The in-depth rune system is amazing, the graphics are excellent, and the gameplay is top-notch. This is the Diablo game I've been waiting for.

People are fickle. I have no respect for the retarded.

11 out of 10.
  48. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is theI totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  49. Aug 4, 2015
    While not as good as Diablo Hellfire, and not being the evolution i was hoping for, the game still vastly improves upon the 2nd part, and scores with a completely overworked Skill system, that doesnt rely on numbers anymore. Additionaly, a selection of passive skills, a crafting feature, more comfort and improved mercenaries, which are really useful now, have been added to the game.While not as good as Diablo Hellfire, and not being the evolution i was hoping for, the game still vastly improves upon the 2nd part, and scores with a completely overworked Skill system, that doesnt rely on numbers anymore. Additionaly, a selection of passive skills, a crafting feature, more comfort and improved mercenaries, which are really useful now, have been added to the game.

Where the game still fails, is level design, more significant improvements and changes, and especially: a dark, terrifying atmosphere...

All in all, while not outstanding, still a very funny game and solid 8 points!
  50. May 16, 2012
    I have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over theI have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over the other. Unlike most ARPG's the story really interests me and the world has a host of back story that's a joy to discover, the lore is very well crafted. I'd be tempted to give the game a 10, however the always-online aspect slightly tarnishes its otherwise flawless image for me, but this is only a minor issue and I'd recommend the game to anyone. All these negative reviews are beyond me, I've not had a single issue since buying the game, it's so unjustified giving a game 0 because you got an error message, these reviews are meant to be about the game itself surely? Expand
  51. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complainGreat game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  52. Mar 14, 2015
    I m a single player gamer. Don't care for co op or other related build&trading stuff so to me this is a great H&S as it is NOW (don't know how it was in 2012. only recently bought the game and expansion)
    I have played first 2 games when they came out. Liked the first for what it was, never give into the hype of second, it was ok H&S even if a little bit too long. (probably because grind is not my thing).
    As a single player experience, Diablo 3 is an improvement as much as I can see it- the voice acting smoothens the story progression, its fun. The art style and dedication to details in this regard is top notch. The music is ok. Overall atmosphere is almost there as previous games.
    Of course there are some cons: limited leveling options, auto level stats, graphic is dated even for 2012.,real zoom and 360 camera rotation should be norm by now for this kind of isometric clickfeast.
    Overall im having fun I like the atmosphere and for people critiquing that its linear, please....the first 2 were go-kill-end quest. Now at least there is a little bit of dialogue to make it more interesting.
  53. May 27, 2012
    All you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit anyAll you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit any situation, though you will find that you will stick to a general build most of the time. It would be nice to have definable presets that you could switch between. I laugh at the haters on here whining about it getting boring after 50 hours... 50 HOURS!! that's already way more than you can expect to get out of the current line up of non-MMORPG blockbuster titles. Like any game, it isn't perfect but what it offers is worth every cent. Why break the mold if you're already onto a winner? Expand
  54. Nov 20, 2012
    The only and the best online-ARPG now.
    There is a huge amount of hate from gamers, but game is still the best hack'n'slash.
    Major flaw is lack of music (putting music from D2 for example give it great feeling). But aside of external music player is needed the game is great. Yes, it has high price. Yes, it requires an internet connection. Yes, it lacks storyline and music. Yes, normal
    The only and the best online-ARPG now.
    But aside of external music player is needed the game is great.
    Yes, normal mode is boring...
    But... What is the reason that almost everyone who played it on nightmare mode continues to play it more and more (like hundred of hours or more)??? The answer is: D3 is still great game. simple.
  55. May 15, 2012
    Why so many Negative reviews? Just because they changed it to be more user friendly and more entertaining? Sad to see the people give up on it totally and give it a 0, O wait, they are probably still playing it with their grumpy attitude. Sorry to say but if you want to review a game, at-least give it your best and don't only point out the things you think should not have been removedWhy so many Negative reviews? Just because they changed it to be more user friendly and more entertaining? Sad to see the people give up on it totally and give it a 0, O wait, they are probably still playing it with their grumpy attitude. Sorry to say but if you want to review a game, at-least give it your best and don't only point out the things you think should not have been removed without not giving at-least some Positive feedback.

I give it an 8.

I overall like the graphics, the gameplay and how user friendly they made the game! It may be downgraded a bit for that part but oh well, it is still enjoyable.

The only problems I see so far that most people(not the sore raters) see is the lack of character customization and the server's launch problems but that isn't too big of a issue, they WILL get it fixed and working in no time!
  56. May 21, 2012
    Ignore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challengeIgnore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challenge come in Hell and Inferno modes. No problem there. The graphics are phenomenal, each class is fun to play and unlike Diablo 2, gold is actually a currency as opposed to gems, Stone of Jordan's and poison runes. My best advice is to ignore the idiots who are giving negative reviews -without even playing the game- and looking to rage about really frivolous things. If you're a Diablo fan, or a newcomer, I strongly recommend this game. Expand
  57. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  58. May 18, 2012
    While Diablo 3 isn't perfect it is still a GREAT game. I was worried that the skills trees and stat points were removed. BUT the rune system really allows you to differentiate your play style and the stats are now WAAYYY more straight forward which is actually nice. There are some problems with the story and some of the lines are hilariously bad. Overall I love this game though and willWhile Diablo 3 isn't perfect it is still a GREAT game. I was worried that the skills trees and stat points were removed. BUT the rune system really allows you to differentiate your play style and the stats are now WAAYYY more straight forward which is actually nice. There are some problems with the story and some of the lines are hilariously bad. Overall I love this game though and will probably be smashing up demons for a while. Also it seems like people who didn't buy the game are reviewing here which is ridiculous... drm! servers! rabblerabblerabble! Expand
  59. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to maturePlayed both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  60. Jun 10, 2012
    So, along with everybody else, server blah blah, pain in the ass blah blah, should be offline blah blah.
    That being said, just finished on normal difficulty. It took me about 22 hours ( I like to grind a little). I thought there was nothing wrong with the story, possibly could have done more but didn't need to. Cut scene graphics were great. In game graphics I thought were pretty ordinary to start with but as I grew accustomed to the art style I found myself thinking how good it looked on several occasions. The gameplay for the most part is fairly polished, lag issues sometimes causing minor problems. Special skills ( demon hunter) seem to annihilate whilst the ordinary attack seems underpowered in comparison. I sometimes got the feeling of repetitiveness but this was probably part due to over-tiredness. Probably my biggest frustration was the loot. I seemed to get plenty of rare drops but they were rarely any better than the standard magical items I was carrying, or they were for the wrong class. Even killing the big bosses was a disappointment in loot. By the end of the game I had 75% rare items equipped. I got my weapon from the auction house because with all my grinding couldn't get anything worth using ( perhaps that's blizzards plan). In conclusion, this is one of the rare games that I was interested enough to see through to completion so I definitely don't think it worth the score it's attracted. There are plenty of achievements to go back for etc if you don't have anything better to do. 8/10
  61. Jul 31, 2012
    This game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generationsThis game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generations definately do not have the appreciation for the amount of work that these works of art take. Try playing what was out there 15-20 years ago. See how far we have come. But not to become sidetracked, I must address another very important element of the game and that is balance. The game is so refined, you can tell that they worked tirelessly to make a game that would provide for a lot of continuous play. I myself leveled up two characters, 1 monk and 1 wizard to the high 50's. However, at this point it became very very difficult. That is the reason why I made the Wizard. This would be the only downside that for many is an upside, which is the difficulty. I believe that a little more of a gradient curve is needed concerning difficulty so that players do not give up. Because one thing is for sure in the video game world, if you put down a game for more than 2 weeks there is a good chance that you won't be playing it much more in the future. Thats just the simple truth. Would I recommend this game? Of course, Dollar for Dollar I still don't think that there is a better purchase for lovers of classic dungeon crawling action. I am guilty of buying my cousin and my friend this game for gifts. Needless to say the gifting went over well.
    There is no denying that Blizzard still makes among the most polished games on the market, and I feel that we often come to expect perfection from them which is unrealistic. At some points games cannot live out all your fantasies in life. You have to get up out of the chair and walk outside.
  62. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are appliedDiablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are applied automatically unlike it 's predecessor Diablo 2. Having to be online to play results in the occasional connection problems

.... So in conclusion i give diablo 3 [ 8/10] ... worth buying but i still prefer Diablo 2
  63. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) Come on guys, the game is good or at least it's "ok" (3/5), but I understand the negativity around it. Do you remember the FIRST time you played Diablo? and the feeling of reaching yet another "section" of the "main dungeon", where everything was new and dangerous (and you where DEFINITLY closer to hell)? How about the first time you played Diablo 2? I remember playing the DEMO4/5 (Good) Come on guys, the game is good or at least it's "ok" (3/5), but I understand the negativity around it. Do you remember the FIRST time you played Diablo? and the feeling of reaching yet another "section" of the "main dungeon", where everything was new and dangerous (and you where DEFINITLY closer to hell)? How about the first time you played Diablo 2? I remember playing the DEMO where you play the Barb for the first two quests, and think: "Wow, this is... nice!" --- WHERE IS THAT "FEELING" IN D3? It's not there. So the game is good, but is NOT the game we were waiting for. Expand
  64. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game!! People need to stop crying that they can't get on been playing it for 4 hours now its incredibly fun, good graphics amazing sound and the combat is fun and challenging, already compiled some cool rare items and look forward to more treasure hunting :D
  65. May 22, 2012
    Writing this review I am around 40 hours into the game, halfway through nightmare difficulty - I feel like I'm ready to review it. I was a teenager when D1 came out and I was blown away by it spending countless hours in the dungeons and hells spawned under Tristram. Diablo 2 was no different for me and God only knows how many nights I spent playing it. I am a long time fan of the seriesWriting this review I am around 40 hours into the game, halfway through nightmare difficulty - I feel like I'm ready to review it. I was a teenager when D1 came out and I was blown away by it spending countless hours in the dungeons and hells spawned under Tristram. Diablo 2 was no different for me and God only knows how many nights I spent playing it. I am a long time fan of the series and I was expecting Diablo 3 with great hesitation - after all can you make a game as good as Diablo 2 13 years later? The answer is simple - Blizzard is a kind of company that knows how to deliver and live up to absolutely crazy expectations... I give this game a 10. And it's not to pump up it's score in view of all the 0 marks given by people pissed off by DRM (I don't question their anger although I'm lucky enough not to have had any major problems apart of initial hours when it was somewhat expected). I give this game a deserved 10 because I haven't had that much fun playing a game for years. Diablo 3 immediately appeals to my nostalgia towards the series reviving all the great memories I have of the previous iterations and yet it brings so many cool new things to the table. The presentation, look and feel of the game are all excellent. Graphics are absolutely beautiful and the landscapes you are going to encounter will leave you breathless. The sound and music suit very well - hellish guitar riffs and ambient music of the desert will make you turn your volume up. The interface is clear, simple and functional. The story is OK, CGI spectacular as always from Blizzard. The skill system is absolutely brilliant - each of your 20 or so skills have several modifier runes often completely changing the skill. The so called Elective Mode lets you mix any combination of those runed skills together which leads to amazing amount of builds... every time you discover a build that works together and pump it up with the right gear it feels like you just invented yet another way to be powerful and is extremely satisfactory. The skill system itself is the big part of the game and one that provides the most fun. It replaced the "gearing game" to some extent - now it's not so much about upgrades of your gear - it's mostly about correct gear for correct set of skills. People see it as "dumbed down" and streamlined, I see it as refreshed and giving the game a whole new aspect. The only negative thing I can say about D3 that it's a bit too short although the replay value is obviously there with increased difficulty levels. I can't wait for the expansion already. So pick your arsenal and start ripping through hordes of demons. If you have a stable connection and patience for occasional down time (which I'm sure will be sorted by Blizzard soon enough) do yourself a favour and buy this game. I guarantee you it will provide you with hundreds of hours of pure fun. Expand
  66. Jun 4, 2014
    Since I originally scored this game a 1 since I couldn't play it for weeks after I paid good money for it, I thought I would update my opinion of the game. I have played through a few times with each getting more difficult and it is a good game and runs smoothly. I don't play it anymore, but I got my time out of it. I liked the story the first run through. Games like this tend to getSince I originally scored this game a 1 since I couldn't play it for weeks after I paid good money for it, I thought I would update my opinion of the game. I have played through a few times with each getting more difficult and it is a good game and runs smoothly. I don't play it anymore, but I got my time out of it. I liked the story the first run through. Games like this tend to get repetitive, but the fact that I played through 3 times means its not terribly so (I usually don't replay games). Expand
  67. Aug 31, 2012
    If there is one thing that Diablo 3 can be compared to D2, it's that there is no player versus player. For me, a large amount of time was focused on PvP in D2. As I know there will be PvP in a future update, lack of this installment right limits the replay value of Diablo 3 right now.

That said, all the character classes are different once you are able to use their max potential of skills.
    There is the sadistic barbarian there tears foes apart 1on1 or in the center of crowds.
    The Demon Hunter is an assassin that deals high criticals while lurking in the shadows.
    The Wizard uses arcane magic to freeze, incinerate, or stun the forces of evil.
    The Witch Doctor raises the dead (dogs, bears, frogs, zombies) to provide defense and offense.
    And the Monk focuses on speed and dexterity, making them a very hard target to kill in close combat.

The Boss fights provide a good challenge that requires thinking where the bosses next move will be and watching what traps are on the floor. It can be difficult, but it's not impossible to beat them perfectly

With an already great co-op experience, the only thing left is to have Blizzard let us kill each other with our favorite characters and best gear!
  68. Oct 13, 2012
    After 100 hours with my demon hunter i just can say that Diablo 3 is an awesome game that some nerds hate. everything that makes a good game is there but some decisions like DRM or the loot system for lvl 60 players are just crap, i'm glad that blizzard is fixing these issues, when they polish the game we may be can call Diablo 3 one of the best games on pc history
  69. Nov 4, 2012
    1.05 Patch has Brought life back to a game that should of been great but had a very very very terrible start. Now we await the long need of the next step to this game, PVP.
  70. Jan 8, 2014
    Diablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's theDiablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's the whole purpose of the game. Its an enjoyable experience overall when approached without overwhelming expectations. Expand
  71. May 26, 2012
    First off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out IFirst off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out I decided to try out the trial version by purchasing a guest pass on Ebay. After trying it out I decided to buy it immediately. They have outdone themselves with attention to detail, an endless array of monsters, animations, artwork, and an overall superior product to anything that has come out in many years. Not sure what all the complaints are about.. the game retains the intense atmosphere, writing and superb voice acting of its predecessors and creates a visually stunning experience which is also superb in the performance department. My computer is somewhat last generation and it runs on max settings at a steady 60 fps and only slows down when you are surrounded by an obscene amount of enemies on screen.. all with an amazing array of effects. Its truly a masterpiece. Expand
  72. May 18, 2012
    don't listen to the people giving it a low score the game is excellent just as good as diablo 2 yes there is less customization yes they simplified it but it is still an amazing game that deserves full attention the story is better in my opinion because there is simply more mystery to it its a lot more fun even though you might not be able to create the character you wanted it is still andon't listen to the people giving it a low score the game is excellent just as good as diablo 2 yes there is less customization yes they simplified it but it is still an amazing game that deserves full attention the story is better in my opinion because there is simply more mystery to it its a lot more fun even though you might not be able to create the character you wanted it is still an awesome game 9/10 Expand
  73. May 18, 2012
    Heyyo, The witch Doctor is definitely an amazing addition to the game and I love how it's not the same **** repeated. Also? the game doesn't deserve a user score of 0 just because you didn't like the DRM or Graphics. The storyline is ok for a hack and slash... still more storyline than Diablo 1... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the game is going to be about Diablo so how much difference did you guysHeyyo, The witch Doctor is definitely an amazing addition to the game and I love how it's not the same **** repeated. Also? the game doesn't deserve a user score of 0 just because you didn't like the DRM or Graphics. The storyline is ok for a hack and slash... still more storyline than Diablo 1... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the game is going to be about Diablo so how much difference did you guys really expect? The only way they could drastically change the story is to change the location or time... and then you'd **** if they made a game like Diablo 40k or such and it wasn't just Diablo with different character models. Yeah the skill tree is really basic, but it makes fights more strategic since you have to think about what skills you want beforehand instead of being able to just cast as you please (btw check into the "Elective mode" setting ya n00bs) and if you try to rebind on the fly you get pwned.

The server issues is by far the lamest thing about the game yes, but Steam had a rocky start... same with each new COD yearly game but you don't hear anyone ****ing about those anymore do ya? Same thing will happen here.

I find this game more entertaining than Diablo II mainly for the fact it so far hasn't gotten boring after the half way point (I always get bored of D2 in the Jungle part and uninstall). Diablo III seems to be more of a homeage to Diablo 1&2 than it is a completely new experience, so treat it as that, and if you want a different experience? Try a game like Magicka, Torchlight or Silverfall. They are plenty good as well. :P
  74. May 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous. I mean i'm sorry but blizzard knows the potential for this game to be pirated and I for one agree with their decision to make it online all the time play. I mean nobody **** about wow being online always. and honestly with the threat of piracy it could literally make this games sales a complete failure. this is because diablo 3 is all about the main story so ifPeople are ridiculous. I mean i'm sorry but blizzard knows the potential for this game to be pirated and I for one agree with their decision to make it online all the time play. I mean nobody **** about wow being online always. and honestly with the threat of piracy it could literally make this games sales a complete failure. this is because diablo 3 is all about the main story so if you could pirate and play the games single player offline.. then you could play the entire game all the way to lvl 60 and play any character you want and experience ALL of the currently available content other than playing with your friends.. then i ask you what would be the point of buying the full game? piracy is a very real threat to gaming companies and i agree with any of them that do something like this to protect what they have created. everyone complains....... BUT ITS OUR FAULT we created this problem by stealing games and now we are paying for it and by god its time to pay the piper (and the mob goes wild with anger at a problem they started). game developers dont pirate their own games WE DO!!!!! ITS OUR FAULT that they have to take extreme steps such as this. I can only imagine how hard it is to make a decision like this and to know how much the community will be angry about it, but what choice have we given them? i mean really think about it for a second. they put a lot of hard work into this game and they dont deserve to have it pirated by millions of people. and for those dissapointed with graphics, they may not be battlefield 3 graphics BUT with the amount of spells and enemies and things going on in the game and especially with multiple players there's no way it could work nor could anyone's rig handle it and that is why the graphics cant be as good as something like battlefield but i think they're great just the same :D. ALL you have to do is look at a game like dwarf fortress or mine craft and see how those games can challenge even the very best PC's to run i mean dwarf fortress is aski script for gods sake and people with quad SLI and 4.6 GHZ processors still feel lag in the later parts of the game ( i dont hear anyone complaining about the graphics in those games). the game is fantastic and everyone is just upset that they have to pay for it.. SO GET OVER IT. spend some of your money instead of stealing other peoples hard work. and i have also heard others say that it is to short and that they beat it. I highly doubt it. maybe they beat one play through. well wake up people that is just the tutorial the real game begins when you are lvl 60 playing through the highest difficulty and that is where the real game takes place and the real challenges begin. each group of enemies is so extremely challenging. the first play through is a walk in the park so why not try playing the REAL game and then tell us what you think. All in all I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone.. and no im not a crazy fan boy.. i dont like diablo 1 or 2 and i only got Diablo 3 because i had the annual pass for WOW.. but oh my was i pleasantly surprised with this GEM of a game. IT IS FANTASTIC. more than ever this game is much better and more appealing to a wider audience than the other two games but still has everything a hardcore fan could want in a sequel. the game is just a great time and with friends its even better, story(8/10)- the story is dark and gritty and doesnt take itself to seriously for the most part. I for one loved it!
    Sound (10/10)- The music is best in series and amazing in every way.
    Graphics (9/10)- the graphics are nice and the spell effects are great i love the feel and look of the world!
    Gameplay (9/10)- Fun and easy to get into yet very difficult, versatile and satisfying as the game goes on
    Multiplayer(10/10)- one of the best coop games to date! FUN AS HELL!
    Interface(9/10)- nice polished and easy to use interface, it works perfectly.

the game is great (DRM or not) and if you want a fun challenge to delve deep into and spend a long time mastering and a great coop experience to have then this game will not disappoint. the story, world and soundtrack are all beautiful in their own right and because of these elements you will quickly find yourself deeply immersed in the dark world of Diablo!
  75. May 15, 2012
    This game is perfect in very aspect, the cinematics are incredible the graphics are amazing , its the best hack'n'slash of all time, try it and you will love it
  76. May 15, 2012
    They took Diablo 2, streamlined it and removed all the nonsense, they dumped the constant need to farm that made Diablo 2 stale quickly, they removed all the inventory issues by making items a set size. Then they dumped the requirement to have identify item scrolls and town portal scrolls.

The skills are better because now you're set using 6 of them, instead of Diablo 2 where you only used 1-2 of them that you maxed out. Alot of people are upset about this but it comes down to the fact you cannot exploit this game like you could Diablo 2 (Sorcerer with Frost Orb maxed soloing the entire game) This requires teamwork, or at the very least a strategy, tactics and an escape plan because it does get hard and you will die.

They took Diablo 2 and made it require skill to play it, not to troll or rage or be rude, but alot of people were expecting "Skill" games (copy/ paste builds, grind gear, exploit game, be stupid OP) and got a game where if they're dumb they're getting smacked around.

Aside from the crappy Blizzard/ Battle.net service right now I would highly recommend this game to anyone that's looking for a great CO-OP/ Strategy- Action game.
  77. May 24, 2012
    This game is beast, most of the bad reviews are from noobs who couldn't get on the first night and nerd raged. I never thought I would find a game that was more insanely fun than WoW but this game is it!
  78. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.
    When you Score the

When you Score the Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay
  79. Apr 5, 2014
    However this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of thisHowever this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of this game. The changes Blizzard has made since release, really adds more playability and fun to the game. I consider this a worthy successor to Diablo II, however most people won't agree with me. Perhaps that is because despite playing all of the Diablo games, I started with Diablo III first. Expand
  80. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo 3 was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it gives a sense of fun and entertainment.
  81. Aug 3, 2015
    I just don't get how people are sooo angry with D3... I actually hardly believe they really played the game more than 10 minutes...

I played Diablo II thousands of hours. I played Median XL Hardcore up to the point I was bored loosing 200h+ character and starting again at Act 1 with the possibility to die level 10 in the first quest... In what is Diablo 3 so sub-par? I don't see in

In what is Diablo 3 so sub-par? I don't see in any of those red dots providing any real reason.

Let's think about it for a second...

You cannot attribute skill points: SO WHAT? You play a Mage in D2? You put everything in Vitality and Mana and that's it. You save some points in case of a looted item requires some strenght or dexterity. Ok... Is that mineblowing experience? NO IT'S NOT, IT'S JUST USELESS.C'mon... Let's stop joking. It was just boring... Miserable argument.

"Naaah Diablo 3 suxxxx, You only have 6 skills + 3 passive while in Diablo 2 you had so many (from F1 to F12)". You NOOBS!!!! In Diablo 2, you had 120 skill points (a bit more with the quests). If you put points here and there, you die. You had to put all the points in, guess how many skills since you can put maximum 20 points in one skill?? 6 Skills!!! Oh my God!!!!! It is less than Diablo 3... So again a miserable argument... And actually Diablo 3 skill system is much better. According to your loot you will change your skills and you actually REALLY use your 6 active skills, which is far more than Diablo 2 where you used maybe 2 or 3 active skills, the rest being passive.

What more???? "ho it's not challenging". Ok, vanilla D3 wasn't at all. Got a point. However since the 2.2 patch it is challenging. As a Hardcore player, it really is... As in Diablo 2 Median XL, make a single mistake, you're just dead. It is as challenging as Diablo 2 Median XL, the challenge just comes a couple of 10 hours later.

"Yeah yeah, you can choose your difficulty", but in Nephalem Rifts you cannot... And the whole point in the game is that one. Nephalem rifts, getting harder and harder, as in Diablo 2.

"Diablo 3 is just like farming over and over". C'moooon BULL***T!!!!! Diablo 2 it was the same. With all of my friends we did hours of farming since Median XL is extremely difficult... I remember farming the Sewers in Act 2 (in Normal difficulty already...) for hours: even less rewarding than Nephalem Rifts.

The game however is not perfect. You can play max at 4 which is really something they could avoid. You cannot trade objects, even if playing a private game. However it still makes sense, since D3 can be very challenging the affixes of the items are made so that it fits with your class. No reason to trade then. In the end, yes, you play the way Blizzard wants you to play. But I'm fine with it.

I love opening the game when I have 20m free, opening a rift, empty it with the same adrenaline rush I had in Median XL. Kill the boss, feel relaxed, looking at the loot, optimize, shut down my computer. In this, Diablo 3 is just perfect. It reallt fitts my needs.

Yes hardcore players play 2000h+ do rifts level 50+, but there really is place for casual gamers as I am now, as I just mentionned, you can play for 20m and go. Which something you couldn't do in Diablo 2. You start playing Diablo2, you need to play hours.
  82. May 17, 2012
    This game has almost everything a good, exciting and fun game needs to have, although it is not perfect. Giving this game a 0 or 1 is ridiculous. Here is the deal: Up to lvl 10 and up to the Skeleton King, the Game is incredible easy and i was somewhat disappointed. But the game gets MUCH (!!!) better after the Skeleton King and if you are getting close to lvl 15. It is almost an entirelyThis game has almost everything a good, exciting and fun game needs to have, although it is not perfect. Giving this game a 0 or 1 is ridiculous. Here is the deal: Up to lvl 10 and up to the Skeleton King, the Game is incredible easy and i was somewhat disappointed. But the game gets MUCH (!!!) better after the Skeleton King and if you are getting close to lvl 15. It is almost an entirely different game compared to the kindergarten up to the first major boss, Skeleton King. DO NOT make the mistake and play "a few hours" or using Guest pass to lvl 10...and then form an opinion based on this. If you didnt play the game to at least lvl 15 you have no idea how good the game could be.

While playing in co-cop (2 or 3 people) proved immense fun so far, i personally have some things which i would like respective dislike.
    I really would wish an ability to zoom-in/out since i think the two, fix zoom levels are very restrictive. Yes, as others i would wish to be able to customize my character as well. I would also wish more emotes (i know, it sounds silly)....but playing with former guildies from WoW and not being able to dance, laugh etc. makes me feel restricted. AFTER ALL, it is still "sort of" an online game and the real fun truly shines playing with mates and friends - this is why i want more emotes.

As for the graphics, as i said above the game gets MUCH better after Skeleton King, also visually. There are some things like over-use of fog..but overall the graphics are GOOD and some/most of the spells and animations (monsters) are fantastic. Seriously, there is not much to complain. The voice acting is also good (IMHO).....sometimes it is cheesy but it fits this genre.

People should stop giving this game a 0 or 1, it's entirely and absolutely uncalled for. It can be a HELL of fun. it's not perfect, no, but good for many, many hours of co-op fun. It's a solid game and people need to realize this. PLAY IT before you trash it.
  83. May 15, 2012
    This game is good - awesome in fact. Everything from the music, animations, story and combat.
    It never made any difference whether you could choose your stats before - why does it now? Weapon choice is amazingly dynamic, likewise with combat.
    Coop play is great and easy to jump in and out of games. My initial drawback was how colourful it was - but as an adult, you tend to get over these things.

Reading most of the negative reviews - most were posted before people even played the game...a useless indication to people wanting to play this game off these reviews. Too many whiny fanboys not getting in 1 second after it's release...but that doesn't do the game justice
  84. May 16, 2012
    First of all, I played diablo 1 for some half hour, and didn't play diablo 2 at all. That's because I really dislike hack and slash games. And then Diablo 3 happened to me, since I play wow and they simply gave it for free for 1 year subscribers. That was first plus in my book. When I finally started 1 hour after 00.00 (yes, everyone tries to connect, and blizz aint gonna spend 3x moreFirst of all, I played diablo 1 for some half hour, and didn't play diablo 2 at all. That's because I really dislike hack and slash games. And then Diablo 3 happened to me, since I play wow and they simply gave it for free for 1 year subscribers. That was first plus in my book. When I finally started 1 hour after 00.00 (yes, everyone tries to connect, and blizz aint gonna spend 3x more money just for players to be able to log on in the 1st hour of launch. On that note, I don't understand the drm runt, you knew its gonna be there, you knew theres gonna be problem in first few days with servers. Blizz doesnt support piracy and actually is investing some money to fight it), pluses just kept showing in my book. Story, lore and dialogues are very good. Its par with much more serious titles, not just hack and slash (bear in mind that I didn't play dibalo 1 and 2). Graphic is not top notch technically, but artistic impression is fantastic. When you're playing multiplayer, and when you gain some levels, and when you came across some 50 monsters with their abilities, its explosion of colors (in good way) from spells, abilities, blood and gore... excellent, and without any graphical hickups.
    there's also good deal of side dungeons (that are not connect to main quest). Another good thing is when you logoff, and then back on later everything resets except main story. Dungeons are not where they used to be (if they are there at all, but there can also be more dungeons than last time), layout is not the same etc., so this adds a lot to replayability . All in all, as someone who didn't play diablo before, and someone who doesn't like hack and slash at all, I have only words of praise for this title. Blizzard didn't disappoint me (again :)). I would give it 9, but seeing all this nerd rage, it's 10, this game deserves much more than 3.6 average
  85. May 18, 2012
    Okay so I am coming into this having never played a Diablo game...which I really regret now because this game is sooooo addicting. I just can't put it down. Everytime I say okay I'm done I just think of killing a few more things, getting some more quests done, and grabbing a few more loot. It nails the formula so perfectly and Blizzard has again outdone themselves. Now bring on Warcraft IV! =)
  86. May 18, 2012
    I find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter isI find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter is Diablo 3 is an extremely fun, highly polished game that's oozing with quality in all aspects of it's design. Expand
  87. May 19, 2012
    The game is fun, I'll say that. The graphics are rather muddy, more from poor lighting choices than anything else, but the gameplay is relentlessly fun and challenging. The connection issues are severe, I admit, but given Blizzard's status as an enormous company with a lot of resources, we can assume those will go away. So if you're really looking at this game to play in the long-term, andThe game is fun, I'll say that. The graphics are rather muddy, more from poor lighting choices than anything else, but the gameplay is relentlessly fun and challenging. The connection issues are severe, I admit, but given Blizzard's status as an enormous company with a lot of resources, we can assume those will go away. So if you're really looking at this game to play in the long-term, and not just to rage at for a week, the graphics are going to be the biggest turn-off. Expand
  88. May 29, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I've had some problems with the AH, but they fixed it (for now...). If anyone gets bored with the game, make a hardcore character, it's MUCH funner.
  89. Feb 12, 2013
    If I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel thatIf I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel that randomized to me as well, it did feel like I was playing the same game all three times I played it. The point of these games is the loot and what you can do with it. Blizzard nailed that IMO. Expand
  90. Jun 6, 2012
    blizzard is trying some very exciting new things with their character building system. It's unlike everything I've ever seen before, with only one flaw: they didn't pull it off 100%. Theoretically, this system would allow for infinite and flexible builds and unlimited diversity (a very cool concept) but because certain skills don't scale well or are outright useless for the absurdlyblizzard is trying some very exciting new things with their character building system. It's unlike everything I've ever seen before, with only one flaw: they didn't pull it off 100%. Theoretically, this system would allow for infinite and flexible builds and unlimited diversity (a very cool concept) but because certain skills don't scale well or are outright useless for the absurdly difficulty inferno difficulty endgame, player builds become homogenized. Sure there'll be a few minor variances, but I challenge you to find a wizard without venom hydras, or a demon hunter without hungering arrow, or a witch doctor without zombie bears. Supposedly this is being worked on as we speak, but in the meantime it's enough to taint the endgame a bit. Also the always online requirement is a big of a nuisance, though I forgave it after I finally caved and started playing the auction house.

In addition to having an unexpectedly amazing physics engine, murdering demons (something you'll be doing a lot of) is incredibly satisfying. Enemies die in different ways depending on the methods used to kill them. Poisoned enemies begin to rot and peel away on the ground, burned enemies are charred husks, victims of arcane magic continue to glow with magical residue, and enemies struck with enough physical force can sometimes have their bodies completely separated from their skeletons. And just to be completely clear, I am not exaggerating what I just said in the slightest bit. You can LITERALLY hit a zombie so hard, his skeleton detaches and flies away while his body liquifies into a bloody smear. Even the smear is dynamically generated.

So much has been poured into the fine details of this game to make it incredibly satisfying, so it honestly makes me a little sad to see so many people rating it with zeroes because of things like "it's more colorful than diablo 2"

All in all, this new ARPG is doing some crazy new things, things I fully expect to see copied by competitors in the future.
  91. Dec 15, 2012
    A lot of people says the game sucks. Well, it doesn't, it is just not the best game ever made. Although the gameplay is fun and the graphics are good, the story is boring and predictable. The game repeats itself from time to time and the lack of PvP is disturbing, but no that much.
    The loot system is fantastic and the voice acting is solid.
    The game is good but it is not Diablo 1 or
    The loot system is fantastic and the voice acting is solid.
    The game is good but it is not Diablo 1 or Diablo 2 in ANY way. worth the money if you are not a Diablo fan
  92. Oct 15, 2013
    3.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-33.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-3 months of lvling/grinding BUT those 2-3 months are well worth it, the graphics are simply great, mechanics, animations, voices... all of those are topnotch even the story isnt all that bad, hell i would buy this game for the cinematics alone... i mean NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE this game doesn't deserve 0/10 or are you telling me there is at least 1 person that thinks the graphics are bad? Give me a break. If you rate rate reasonably... taking in consideration ALL of its flaws AND beauties. Expand
  93. Jun 22, 2015
    This game is really cool, i give it a 9,5

The characters are so badass, they are so powerfull and their skills are amazing, i had lots of fun playing this with my friends, You can set traps, kill big bosses that seems impossible to kill at the first momments of fighting. I really had fun with the story and the fighting, items variety, and co-op. This game is short, you can do the
    This game is really cool, i give it a 9,5

This game is short, you can do the story in 8-10 hours, but is worth your time
  94. May 16, 2012
    It would take this chance to tell 70% of you to finish the game and then express what you think of it. Otherwise STFU and stop complaining. Buhu the servers are not working.. well you try to host servers in 9 locations and have 3million + trying to connect to them within 20 minutes. Blizzard got the problems fixed within 24 hours it took DICE and EA almost 2 weeks to get BF3 working soIt would take this chance to tell 70% of you to finish the game and then express what you think of it. Otherwise STFU and stop complaining. Buhu the servers are not working.. well you try to host servers in 9 locations and have 3million + trying to connect to them within 20 minutes. Blizzard got the problems fixed within 24 hours it took DICE and EA almost 2 weeks to get BF3 working so Blizzard did a great job.

Buhu there is no offline mode. No there's not an offline mode but there is a singleplayer mode that requires you to be online because of the piracy issue and stat tracking. Blizzard isn't the first to do this DICE did it with BF3 and that game is still a game that you guys gave a high score to. You rate it down because you cant steal it yet? so to summon it up.. It's a freaking fu**ing good game so stop complaining have patience and play the game.
  95. May 17, 2012
    I'm sorry. I get that you are frustrated by the online issue. But this game is near perfection in every category. Go drown your heads in ice water, there is steam pouring from your ears.
  96. Jun 4, 2012
    I was really looking forward to Diablo 3, after several years of waiting, I was expecting something amazing. The game is very well done, but I just feel that the story could have been better and the world more immersive (no world map)? PVP will be interesting to see when it comes out. The AH was also done very well. Overall great game, but leaves some to be desired.
  97. Jul 13, 2012
    Alright I just thought i'd give this game a positive review because it deserves one. It does have many problems and is not yet really a worthy successor to one of my favorite games of all time D2. One thing that should be noted is the combat/skills are FAR superior to D2's. The combat is loads of fun and cleaving monsters has never been more fun. The problem is this game just does not haveAlright I just thought i'd give this game a positive review because it deserves one. It does have many problems and is not yet really a worthy successor to one of my favorite games of all time D2. One thing that should be noted is the combat/skills are FAR superior to D2's. The combat is loads of fun and cleaving monsters has never been more fun. The problem is this game just does not have the longevity that D2 had, which is my main gripe with it. Once you get to the highest difficulty it becomes truly impossible to progress without absolute top notch gear. The problem isn't getting your assed handed to you it's that you are punished severely currently for dying with the repair costs. So, in essence you are not encouraged to push for progression at all. Another major problem is not necessarily that the AH has better gear normally than you find yourself, that was to be expected, the problem is that in order to progress, through act 1 inferno you need act 2 gear, and to progress in act 2 you need act 3 gear and to progress in act 3, you need act 4 gear. This is a huge problem and just lends itself to endless farming for gold so you can afford the overpriced items that people who have had enough time or a big enough losers have posted for rediculous sums. The gear that is needed to progress should drop in the act BEFORE the next one, that is the only logical progression. They either need to up the drop rates, or nerf inferno again for this to happen. This game has huge potential make no mistake and blizzard has a great reputation of adding tons of content and balance fixes through patches. The story and atmospher e were compeletely **** in this game compared to the other Diablos and unfortunately this cannot be fixed before the expansion. Expand
  98. Jul 16, 2013
    Diablo 3 is quite excellent hack & slash game, with plenty of loot and battle. Unfortunately the game is fun only the first or the second time, because it changes from exciting story and fun exploration into dull and boring grinding of your characters. There is no raids as in wow, so a max level character is nice to have but utterly useless. With group this game fun and you want to play itDiablo 3 is quite excellent hack & slash game, with plenty of loot and battle. Unfortunately the game is fun only the first or the second time, because it changes from exciting story and fun exploration into dull and boring grinding of your characters. There is no raids as in wow, so a max level character is nice to have but utterly useless. With group this game fun and you want to play it again at least one more time, but alone you just wanna get to the end, and repeatibility doesn't seems like an exciting idea. Expand
  99. Mar 13, 2014
    Blizzards drm system with its internet connection need stuff is an extreme kick in to the fans balls. The game itself is good, the new skill system is okay, many combination is possible. The story entertained me well enough to play it through. The best part is the almost endless replayability.!
  100. Oct 3, 2014
    I'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in theyI'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in they throw at them but this time have made the game exceptionally easy to keep them playing to milk them for more money with the ridiculous ingame cash shop. The cash shop being the biggest reason this game is getting a big fat zero from me. Cash shops are only allowed in games that didn't cost anything to play in the first place and even then should only sell cosmetic items while with Diablo 3 not only are they over charging for a PC game they're going to push players into continuously spending a lot of money to buy the best weapons which will kill any fun or motive to dungeon crawl to find loot which is exactly what these games are all abou Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012