Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jul 31, 2014
    After the newest patch and the closure of the auction-house, Diablo 3 is finally playable! (at least when they don't screw with their servers and you are not allowed to play the game you payed for).

The Drop-Rate is ... now more fluid. I don't know if its really better, there are too much golden Items in my opinions and I had a run where I found 3 legendaries in a simple run. Rewarding? Yes, of course but it lessens the worth of it.

The game itself deserves a good 8.0 or at least a 8.5. Its addicting like you would expect and the interactions between the characters (the dialogues) are often nice to hear. THe rest ius common and masterful created addiction for slay and loot.
    The "new" implemented "Paragon-Level" allows you to set your skill-points freely and the rune-Skill-system is still a very nice Idea for switching and testing a mindblowingly number of Skill-Sets!

The music is... unfortunately very forgettable and boring. It sounds like the Soundtrack to a Michael-Bay-Film without the extreme fine nuances and atmosphere-pumping originality of the Diablo 2-Tracks.
    It is even more a regrettable decision by blizzard to implement this trumped-flat-bore-Music-track (that you will hear in every other "big bugdet"-title nowadays), because ALL people I know turned the music down after max 2 weeks. It's a shame that there is no way to implement the great Soundtracks of Diablo 2 or Warcraft (yes, these fit surprisingly well!).

Like I said: The game itself deserves a nice amount of applause. The rest of it - especially the poor support! deserve a hateful middlefinger!
    Direct Support for Connection-Errors, Suggestions or Mod-Support (I know... what where I thinking?) or other simple questions are IMPOSSIBLE to get!
    the "Support"-Site is a Joke, you are always redirected to the forums where other people already opened similar questions and waiting for help until no help arrives and their Topic gets closed! Critical topics are getting deleted of course. In one word: Censorship.

It's sometimes hilarious to watch how the community gets shat in the face and foced to eat the dump, but rages against the people who don't want to get treated like cattle. So, the community and the company are nearly the worst I have met in my entire lifetime (nearly horrid as the CoD-Kiddies).

I am very glad the game was a gift and it didn't cost that much.

Oh wait... did I mention the overprized DLC?! A DLC that is MORE EXPENSIVE than the main-game?!
    Unbelievable!

And the award to the most hostile and greedy Company goes to... EA.. .. I meant: Blizzard!
    **** YOU **** No more money from me!
  2. Aug 4, 2015
    While not as good as Diablo Hellfire, and not being the evolution i was hoping for, the game still vastly improves upon the 2nd part, and scores with a completely overworked Skill system, that doesnt rely on numbers anymore. Additionaly, a selection of passive skills, a crafting feature, more comfort and improved mercenaries, which are really useful now, have been added to the game.While not as good as Diablo Hellfire, and not being the evolution i was hoping for, the game still vastly improves upon the 2nd part, and scores with a completely overworked Skill system, that doesnt rely on numbers anymore. Additionaly, a selection of passive skills, a crafting feature, more comfort and improved mercenaries, which are really useful now, have been added to the game.

Where the game still fails, is level design, more significant improvements and changes, and especially: a dark, terrifying atmosphere...

All in all, while not outstanding, still a very funny game and solid 8 points!
  3. Nov 12, 2015
    The only way to understand what's wrong with Diablo 3 is to play Diablo 1 and 2.

For its time Diablo 1 was a revolutionary game that came to define the hack-n-slash-RPG. What many seem to forget however is that what held the game up was its story and character progression. You arrived in Tristram as a lowly adventurer, and not like in Diablo 3 as a cocky seen-it-all. There really is

You arrived in Tristram as a lowly adventurer, and not like in Diablo 3 as a cocky seen-it-all. There really is something to be said for starting out at the bottom and working your way up.

In Diablo 1 our adventurous explorer always felt in over his head as he delved deeper into the hidden catacombs below the church. He never mocked the evil he was up against, he realized he was a simple human taking on the forces of hell. Which isn't something to be sneezed at.

In Diablo 3 you always feel "all powerful" and it just takes the joy out of the game for me. For me Diablo 3's story falls flat on this single reason alone, if our hero does not fear Hell why should I?

Then there's the fact that the story is mass market trash designed to hit you over the head with a sledgehammer. Main story characters will die, others will betray you. It's like a bad soap opera and designed to force you as a player to feel something. Sometimes it works but most of the time it's just over the top ridiculous and insulting.

Diablo 2 was a vastly different game than Diablo 2, a real hack-n-slash instead of a hack-n-slash-RPG. But even so I think I actually preferred the story in Diablo 2, it had a quieter and less forceful way of progressing the story.

I will admit that I enjoyed Diablo 3 in Act 1, 2 & 3 - but then it fell apart completely for me in Act 4. What was done with the story and gameplay there was simply to forceful for my liking.

I like to take my time, explore, enjoy the story, read the lore and soak up the surroundings. But those elements of the game just went completely out the window towards the end of Diablo 3.

I will also blame the game for this:

1. Act 4 doesn't feel like Act 4, feels more like a big end game level.

2. I think the replay value is servery hurt by the story being so heavy-handed in Act 4. I can't see myself having fun replaying that.

3. Main story characters are killed and there is no explanation of what happened to them. I smell cash-cow-milking and expansion. Come on - a game is suppose to stand on it's own merit. If it's great we'll buy the expansion, but now I'm not so sure.

4. This may be a personal thing but I still prefer it the way Diablo 1 was. That is - once a level has spawned it stays that way and doesn't change. I prefer my explored maps to remain explored and I prefer my slain enemies to remain dead. Until you go to the next difficulty of course. Then it may change.
  4. May 7, 2016
    Lacks all the features that made diablo 2 great. Hardly any randomization in levels, boring stat system where only one stat per character class is important, no real character builds with skills and so on, dumb boss fights with cutscenes, no nice loot runs and it had a stupid real money auction house at launch as well which is just moneygrubbing.
  5. May 16, 2012
    I have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over theI have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over the other. Unlike most ARPG's the story really interests me and the world has a host of back story that's a joy to discover, the lore is very well crafted. I'd be tempted to give the game a 10, however the always-online aspect slightly tarnishes its otherwise flawless image for me, but this is only a minor issue and I'd recommend the game to anyone. All these negative reviews are beyond me, I've not had a single issue since buying the game, it's so unjustified giving a game 0 because you got an error message, these reviews are meant to be about the game itself surely? Expand
  6. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complainGreat game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  7. oso
    May 20, 2012
    Most disappointing Game ever. I have to admit expectations were extremely high, maybe couldnt even have been fullfilled. There are failures in every way you look at the game.
    The server management (even expected though) is a joke... i had issues every single day since release. Also entire game elements don't really work properly. The auction house must have been developed by a genius - its bugged, has incredible stupid layout and most annoying - can't be accessed while ingame.

Worst of all is the itemisation. 99% of your loot is crap. You are forced to buy items on the auction house. Without them you simple stand no chance on inferno mode. I suppose thats how Blizzard wants to rob the customers money in near future instead of letting them pay monthly fees. (Yes you pay incredible high taxes on auctions which go directly into their purse)
    Leveling the artisans seems to be also a waste of gold. Prices are ridiculously high and the results of your effort is simply not worth it - better buy on the a.h.

I have to admit the gameplay is relatively good. Playing with friends still is fun - but simply not fun enough. Game difficulty is defined by random enemy attributes which can vary from freeloot to impossible. That factor has a high potential of frustration because from a certain point on your progress dos not depend on your skill anymore - its simply luck and gear. That would be okay - has been with D2 too but not if all (yes ALL) items are randomly created by the game. So you might imagine how frustrating it will be when you find a barbarian set item with stats like intelligence and dexterity. I mean how stupid can it be?

At the begining i loved to play this game (so far as i was able to because of server restrictions) but with every day i beginn to dislike it more and more. I miss so many elements of Diablo 2 i just can't understand how Blizzard failed so greatly. The game is simply not finished after a ridiculously long development time. I don't even mind the outdated graphics (which are really **** outdated).

Blizzard Y U NO LIKE CUSTOMERS??
  8. Jun 12, 2012
    This is a good game,with many fixable problems(servers/loot/diff). But! This is not a diablo game,it lost its atmosphere,its feeling,it turned into a grind game with roles, Yes just like wow.I'd rather had 5 more diablo 2 expansions thans this gam,and i want Jay wilson to gtfo of diablo and these guys come back!( The game, with its dark fantasy and horror themes, was conceptualized andThis is a good game,with many fixable problems(servers/loot/diff). But! This is not a diablo game,it lost its atmosphere,its feeling,it turned into a grind game with roles, Yes just like wow.I'd rather had 5 more diablo 2 expansions thans this gam,and i want Jay wilson to gtfo of diablo and these guys come back!( The game, with its dark fantasy and horror themes, was conceptualized and designed by David Brevik and Erich Schaefer, who with Max Schaefer acted as project leads on the game. The producers were Matthew Householder and Bill Roper.) - taken from wikipedia - Diablo 2 Even if i played like 120hrs now,i will play more but it bores me now,diablo 2 never bored me for 4 years, Everybody say that D2 became good after lod and patches,in my opinion if this is true why couldn't they bring those goodies in D3. If this game hadn't been called Diablo it would be a 10+++++ rated game,but because it bears the name diablo,and cant exceed the minimum for it,it gets only 7. Expand
  9. Jul 7, 2012
    This is a game made by Satan himself(Bastard even got his generic name in the title) that summons an horde of demons to torture our kids while playing it, and make them too attached to money with the evil Auction House. All christian games should stay away from this game if they want to be saved.
  10. Jul 8, 2012
    PROS = Art style is nice. Environments are colorful and varied. Simple to-the-point gameplay. Visual and audio FX are nice. Skill and rune system works for the most part. Good for RPG newcomers who want to jump in and kill things quickly. CONS = Repetitive gameplay. It becomes a grind for better gear after the first playthrough. If you find this fun, then knock yourself out. AlwaysPROS = Art style is nice. Environments are colorful and varied. Simple to-the-point gameplay. Visual and audio FX are nice. Skill and rune system works for the most part. Good for RPG newcomers who want to jump in and kill things quickly. CONS = Repetitive gameplay. It becomes a grind for better gear after the first playthrough. If you find this fun, then knock yourself out. Always on-line requirement. There is no justification for this in a largely single player game. Even with a kickass machine and good internet connection, you are at the complete mercy of Blizzard's servers. Lag spikes. Get used to the sight of your character running around with everything else on the screen frozen, then suddenly dying. The story is abyssmal. Characters are two dimensional, no sense of pacing, predictable plot twists, and lack of any emotional undercurrent. In-game cutscenes are cartoonish and fail to convey any gravitas. Forgettable music and sound. Your character screaming "I require aid", "not enough discipline" and other such nonsense becomes aggravating, especially at higher levels. Lack of character customization. Skills/rune system is extremely limited and funnel you into a few builds per class. Many of the skills are useless. VERDICT = I was on stage 3 of the Diablo boss fight on Hell, doing very well after 12 attempts, and got a server disconnect. I uninstalled the game 15 minutes ago and am officially done. The always-online requirement destroys the core functionality of the game. Losing all your map progress due to server connection problems is UNACCEPTABLE. Again, there is NO REASON for a single player game to have an always-online requirement. If you wanted to hop into a co-op game or do online trading, fine, connect to the servers at that time. But if you're soloing by yourself, there is absolutely no reason. This, and the realization that the game is nothing more than a grind for more powerful (and ultimately meaningless) gear, has led me to quit. There are better and more meaningful games to waste your time on. Expand
  11. Jul 11, 2012
    So you beat the game that should take you maybe 8 hours and you think hmm pretty good story kind of fun combat. You'll beat it again you'll think same old but combat was much better. You'll beat it again same old combat once again better. You'll try miserably to beat it again for what reason you do not know but what you do know is you need to grind ever better gear just so you can beat aSo you beat the game that should take you maybe 8 hours and you think hmm pretty good story kind of fun combat. You'll beat it again you'll think same old but combat was much better. You'll beat it again same old combat once again better. You'll try miserably to beat it again for what reason you do not know but what you do know is you need to grind ever better gear just so you can beat a game you have already beaten 3 times and you begin to wonder what exactly am I doing? I have already experienced all this game has to offer nothing new is coming and yet I am grinding gear to accomplish what? You will stand their puzzled and confused because this does not make sense.
    You will than say to yourself am I missing something? The answer you will later realize either by yourself or by reading reviews is No.
    So do I recommend this game? No.
  12. Sep 20, 2012
    I give this game a one because of the always on DRM and having to be online all the time. My problem with this is because I work in afghanistan and before here in Iraq since 2008. The internet here is horrible (depending on where your at) but overall it is unreliable and very slow. I like to play my games offline with singleplayer, but because of this issue of always being online i amI give this game a one because of the always on DRM and having to be online all the time. My problem with this is because I work in afghanistan and before here in Iraq since 2008. The internet here is horrible (depending on where your at) but overall it is unreliable and very slow. I like to play my games offline with singleplayer, but because of this issue of always being online i am unable to play. I tried it once, but it was so laggy when i was playing by myself i could not continue. Due to this terrible experience i have to say that, though Diablo 3 may be great, i am unable to determine because of the constant internet connection requirement. Please do not forget about the people over here, we love to play games too! Expand
  13. Feb 7, 2013
    This game failed to improve on Diablo 2. The game has way too many changes from its predecessor. In addition, D3 lacks an end game as the Auction house renders the item hunt short lived. Also, the content (Acts only 4) are quite short and after you complete the game on normal (only option at first) that is all the content and sanctuary completed. So basically Diablo 3 is rinse and repeatThis game failed to improve on Diablo 2. The game has way too many changes from its predecessor. In addition, D3 lacks an end game as the Auction house renders the item hunt short lived. Also, the content (Acts only 4) are quite short and after you complete the game on normal (only option at first) that is all the content and sanctuary completed. So basically Diablo 3 is rinse and repeat in terms of content. Other issues include a very poor non competitive dueling system played on only 1 small map/arena. In conclusion this is a game that failed in terms of content and providing suitable end game options e.g. pvp/ custom games/map editor not existing. Expand
  14. May 11, 2013
    Potential was wasted, game is currently destroyed by bots, ah/rmah. PvP is a mockery of the players. Randomness map? no such thing exists. Maybe Expansion will repair this destroyed game. Now waiting for PS3 version. Playing is wasting the time its Pay2Win. Only 3 for initial good impression.
  15. May 27, 2014
    Review as of May 2014 by a non-fanboy who never played Diablo nor Diablo 2. I think maybe the closest game I've played to this was Dungeon Siege I & II back in the day.

In Diablo 3 you only have 1 AI follower at a time, except if you play with friends, but even then, the gameplay boils down to INFINITE grinding and looting. The different classes have some depth, but you'll eventually find your favourite 4 active skills and 3 passive skills and there's little incentive to change your play style, especially on higher difficulties where you need to be fast and precise and not be burdened by experimenting around. Nevertheless, the combat is ok, the 4 active skills you can choose at a time (from a wider offer which you keep unlocking as you level up) provide some strategy opportunity, but really it comes down to either you can kill the monsters or you need to escape and lower the game difficulty. The different locations are really not particularly interesting, and the progress through them is very linear. The story and its presentation is SHOCKINGLY poor! It's basically a poor excuse to allow to unlock new paths (always very linear, btw) and keep progressing. Progressing? I should say keep grinding and looting. And the allure of looting better stuff can only motivate you so much.

There is not much lore, interesting side quests, characters or really RPG elements other than combat stats. If you expect an adventure with an interesting story and characters, you'll find none of this, I fear. Instead, this boils down to infinite grinding of monsters. Even if you play with friends, which I haven't, I don't know that you'll get much out of it other than keep grinding to get loot in order to keep grinding and keep getting loot... Frankly, I finished the single player out of spite for the money I spent, which was not a cheap amount... I was not left with good memories.
  16. Mar 14, 2015
    I m a single player gamer. Don't care for co op or other related build&trading stuff so to me this is a great H&S as it is NOW (don't know how it was in 2012. only recently bought the game and expansion)
    I have played first 2 games when they came out. Liked the first for what it was, never give into the hype of second, it was ok H&S even if a little bit too long. (probably because grind is not my thing).
    As a single player experience, Diablo 3 is an improvement as much as I can see it- the voice acting smoothens the story progression, its fun. The art style and dedication to details in this regard is top notch. The music is ok. Overall atmosphere is almost there as previous games.
    Of course there are some cons: limited leveling options, auto level stats, graphic is dated even for 2012.,real zoom and 360 camera rotation should be norm by now for this kind of isometric clickfeast.
    Overall im having fun I like the atmosphere and for people critiquing that its linear, please....the first 2 were go-kill-end quest. Now at least there is a little bit of dialogue to make it more interesting.
  17. Jun 22, 2012
    gonna have to come back for a new review here; normal through hell are a fairly pleasant gaming experience; it wont last very long and its only fun your first time through. but the heart of the game; where all the loot tables are best; where 90% of all items are located; inferno mode. its a mess. designed around needing gear you could never ever ever hope to possibly get in less than 10000gonna have to come back for a new review here; normal through hell are a fairly pleasant gaming experience; it wont last very long and its only fun your first time through. but the heart of the game; where all the loot tables are best; where 90% of all items are located; inferno mode. its a mess. designed around needing gear you could never ever ever hope to possibly get in less than 10000 hours played. itemization is **** for a game that is all about the loot.

every single part of the "end-game" is directed to try and get you to use the RMAH; the game has no offline mode and the always online is frequently down and always laggy.
  18. May 15, 2012
    It has been a horrible nightmare trying to get this game downloaded and then to get logged in. They let you go through an 8gb download only to find at the end there's a corrupted file and you have to reinstall. They give you a line of bunk that you have to reset your modem and turn off your firewall and all this other crap that doesn't do squat.

Then when I finally get into the game I

Then when I finally get into the game I am shocked at how it plays compared to Diablo 2. No more stat customizations, no more skill choices, no more anything customized by the player to make his character unique. It's just a romper room game of hack n slash. The 8 year olds out there will love this. Look Mommy Look I beat up dah bad guy, I rock.....can I have some juice now peeze.

It is so simple easy and linear it's just not worth playing. Gawd I hate getting ripped off in the computer gaming industry but you know how they work NO REFUNDS SUCKAH.

So, I'm just telling you DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS! It's just not worth it and the headaches will be horrible because you'll be sitting looking at the screen to login more than you'll actually be able to play
  19. May 16, 2012
    I'm shooting down a lot of points for DRM. I have never played diablo 1, I played the 2nd one though and I was somewhat satisfied with diablo 3 but as far as todays standards go for graphics/story/or anything such as character development, this game doesn't really hit a high mark, in fact, it falls a bit short.

Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 had fantastic dialogue and Starcraft 2 had

Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 had fantastic dialogue and Starcraft 2 had surprisingly AMAZING character development in my honest opinion, and i say surprisingly because I never expect that in RTS or Turn based strategy games but that doesn't seem to be a strength in D3, I mean it's not that bad (keep in mind I have only beaten the first act so my review will change this is just temporary) so far, its just,,,, average,,, the gameplay itself is good, it hasn't gotten tedious for me, but for a price tag of 60 bucks,, this game really isn't worth it.

Finally, DRM, what a load of @$$, i would have given this game an 8 or an 8.5 (considering price, lowered would be a 9 maybe) i'm sick of this, it seems that companies want to ban piracy yet it becomes more popular as the same companies release DLC that should have been in the game.

One thing my friends, Nintendo will rise again with the Wii U coming above all this DRM crap (hopefully) and Nintendo will rain once more!

Because i think people that hate DRM so much, would go to the length of buying a whole new console for their games.
  20. May 17, 2012
    Its not the expected loot fest because of the way they are now handling stats and there is so much gold laying around its easy to pick up something in the AH that will outshine the loot drops for hours. There is also the fact that it is a single player game suffering from disconnections...it beggers belief.
  21. Jun 21, 2012
    Mkay so I'm 100 hours into the game and i dislike it more with every hour played. Its not about difficulty lvl - fresh after getting to 60 i geared up from ah with like 1 mil gold and act 1 was easy mode. First time i did it died maybe few times entire act, had to skip one elite pack that had too nasty skills for my class. Constant connection? Meh, dced few times in total so its not aMkay so I'm 100 hours into the game and i dislike it more with every hour played. Its not about difficulty lvl - fresh after getting to 60 i geared up from ah with like 1 mil gold and act 1 was easy mode. First time i did it died maybe few times entire act, had to skip one elite pack that had too nasty skills for my class. Constant connection? Meh, dced few times in total so its not a biggie . But cant imagine playing in hardcore. One dc/lag and you're done... Increased repair bills ? As i said i don't die that much. What i REALLY HATE is how I'm forced to use ah all the time. During leveling if you don't use ah then you will find yourself running in gear thats for 20-30 lvls lower. Good luck with that. As lvl 60 i have ONE item that dropped from monster i killed. Other then that every single piece of equipment came from ah. Is that how games suppose to be played? I don't think so. I don't mind farming, played Korean mmo for almost 3 years ... but i need to know that there's some reward waiting for me in the end. What diablo offers? Ability to sell my gear at rmah once I'm done with it? I don't need to make money out of games, it suppose to be fun not work. If i spent 10 hours in game killing monsters and in the end i don't have even one item i can equip then whats the point. Why as lvl 60 in highest difficulty 80% of my drops are for low lvls? Another 19 has some messed up stats. Maybe 1% is worth selling in ah... Diablo feels to me more like on line market simulator than action RPG. Sure you can play the market, get rich, buy best stuff available in game but ... I rather play something else. Expand
  22. May 27, 2012
    All you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit anyAll you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit any situation, though you will find that you will stick to a general build most of the time. It would be nice to have definable presets that you could switch between. I laugh at the haters on here whining about it getting boring after 50 hours... 50 HOURS!! that's already way more than you can expect to get out of the current line up of non-MMORPG blockbuster titles. Like any game, it isn't perfect but what it offers is worth every cent. Why break the mold if you're already onto a winner? Expand
  23. Jun 1, 2012
    i bet people rating this game more than 7.0 is just either little fanpet of bizz or on its pay roll. i wait till i finished hell mode to write this review, and i am not going to compare this game with diablo2. First of all, Graphic is dated. Audio is just bad, i am not saying the music is bad, but the way they deliver is just stupid. Combat and mixing skills for different mob seems freshi bet people rating this game more than 7.0 is just either little fanpet of bizz or on its pay roll. i wait till i finished hell mode to write this review, and i am not going to compare this game with diablo2. First of all, Graphic is dated. Audio is just bad, i am not saying the music is bad, but the way they deliver is just stupid. Combat and mixing skills for different mob seems fresh for a hack'slash game at first. but eventually u will find that there are no need to mix skill and stick with one set of skill. a lots of my frd told me the real fun starts at hell mode. (was busy these days so i m a little bit behind) but, the way i see it, it is just stupid. there is absolutly no point of scouting the map for rare monster, because the drops are bad. u will end up buying all ur eqiupment from AH and run striaght to the boss, in which it takes away all fun for the rpg experiences. i literally felt asleep while i was click, click , clicking. this isnt a sign of a good game, i remeber when i played a new GOOD game, i will stay up just to say whatelse the game is offering even when i have a early morning meeting. Diablo 3 do not give me that at all. **and one more reminder for all u fanboy, the new patch nerf some skill and the reason of it is that u are not suppose to beat the inferno mode at this time. WT..F?????????? Expand
  24. Jul 24, 2012
    Got to say, massive WoW and SWToR fan, love Mass Effect, Dark Souls, SkyRim etc, so massive RPG type fan.

This game is just click the left button at baddies, no skill required bug ridden game, GFX are dull, gameplay is so basic, it predates pong. Quite shocked how well rated by the real critics this game is.
  25. Aug 24, 2012
    I'm glad I got my refund for this game back in early June of this year. I played diablo and diablo II, for YEARS. This piece of crud doesn't even have pvp.
  26. Mar 1, 2013
    Diablo is a girl and Cain gets killed by a Power Rangers villain who uses butterfly magic. Boring items based around the same 3 stats. No build diversity at all. Auction house sucking the life out of the game as predicted. Terrible voice acting and dumb quests that you can't skip. Can't skip between acts. Only one act is viable for farming. Why would you even farm at all you into S&M orDiablo is a girl and Cain gets killed by a Power Rangers villain who uses butterfly magic. Boring items based around the same 3 stats. No build diversity at all. Auction house sucking the life out of the game as predicted. Terrible voice acting and dumb quests that you can't skip. Can't skip between acts. Only one act is viable for farming. Why would you even farm at all you into S&M or something? Even the games lead dev and head CM know the game is bad. They quit rather than try to fix it! LOL If you like torturing yourself and get off on watching the Diablo franchise fall dead at the feet of the corporations then buy this game. Expand
  27. Dec 6, 2016
    Nothing new, nothing PvP, now DLC... Really this is the good strategy for this game? I think if this game dont have the awsome brand seal is Blizzard, and don't have the increible name that is "Diablo" this game would had closed. This thought makes me very sad, because you have a product that is incredible, only with some changes in strategy ... Diablo still can! We will wait for you
  28. May 15, 2012
    The little of the game I was able to play was horribly squandered on dealing with lag for a SINGLE PLAYER game. Since disbanding Blizzard North, Activ-Blizzard has really gone -south-. The DRM makes this game honestly not worth it, for something with a $60 price tag, you would think the game would be a complete product. I'll be getting Torchlight 2 and wishing about what could have been.
  29. May 16, 2012
    very dissapointed blizzard. i was once a very loyal fan of you. but ever since starcraft 2 there has been a missing spark about your games. starcraft 2 had poor voice acting, poor story and the characters seem hollow and empty. diablo 3 on the otherhand felt more like a WoW title with the diablo 3 brand superglued to it. the lack of gothic feel, the cartoony character models, lack ofvery dissapointed blizzard. i was once a very loyal fan of you. but ever since starcraft 2 there has been a missing spark about your games. starcraft 2 had poor voice acting, poor story and the characters seem hollow and empty. diablo 3 on the otherhand felt more like a WoW title with the diablo 3 brand superglued to it. the lack of gothic feel, the cartoony character models, lack of stat point allocation and set unlocks of skills combined with the linear progression is highly dissapointing. i guess this is what you get when blizzard north go packing. Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2012
    The only and the best online-ARPG now.
    There is a huge amount of hate from gamers, but game is still the best hack'n'slash.
    Major flaw is lack of music (putting music from D2 for example give it great feeling). But aside of external music player is needed the game is great. Yes, it has high price. Yes, it requires an internet connection. Yes, it lacks storyline and music. Yes, normal
    The only and the best online-ARPG now.
    But aside of external music player is needed the game is great.
    Yes, normal mode is boring...
    But... What is the reason that almost everyone who played it on nightmare mode continues to play it more and more (like hundred of hours or more)??? The answer is: D3 is still great game. simple.
  31. May 21, 2012
    Whats with the hate ? jezus kids this days. graphics is not important the game that is important. The storyline is great so many background story`s lore and more. Dont know why people complaining that there is no storyline wtf. Oke compare to the old style this is just bigger and better. Why ? because its easy to play hard to learn how to control your skills and how you team up. Its moreWhats with the hate ? jezus kids this days. graphics is not important the game that is important. The storyline is great so many background story`s lore and more. Dont know why people complaining that there is no storyline wtf. Oke compare to the old style this is just bigger and better. Why ? because its easy to play hard to learn how to control your skills and how you team up. Its more like league and legends the same element have been use. Now compare the game to this century its old school so many kids dont like this type of game play. So for more negative post **** off please. complain some where els please. So in short the game is what it is easy (normal mode) the rest is damn hard. Even bit to hard. Is this game right in this century ? no its not people dont like this art of gaming. The only want 3D models and 3D game play. So a 9 for diablo 3 why not a 10 because its only online. And there is no offline mode. People love to cheat hack and changing game elements and mods but know its not possible . Expand
  32. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3. A game i had a lot of hopes for. When diablo 2 was still new and shiny, it was a MUST for me and many of my friend's, i remember before going to school at morning i stopped by a classmate...We played some cow runs and then went to school together, chatting all the way about how good the game is. Enough of that. I'll go trough some pointers about the game.

Story - Most important factor for me when choosing a singleplayer (This game does not have community and playing with friend's is not a benefit since you can only fit few of em)...Well story was bad, very bad...Not just a favorite "good" guy got turned into human like in B-Type Hollywood movie "You guys suck, i save humanity by going weak!" and other one died.

Gameplay & Difficulty - Gameplay was very nice for a while. After i hit lvl 60 i realized i was playing a very polished experience of "run trough everything". It was fun to get exp and unlock new stuff. After 60 rapidly everything is dumbed down. You don' get experience, you don't get new skills, no attributes and only way to progress you'r character is to get more items. I reached act 3 inferno. It was pretty challenging...It did not test my skills how i can time my spells or how can i ditch damage before an object hits me. It tested how good i can run and do few hits, then run even more...Do enough dmg in 5min's or start over.

Items & AH - Items...Legendary/Set item's has nice stats. Some of em has quite nice affixes...They are not very useful though...This game revolves around having very high dps weapon and as much of main stat you can muster. Then it's same old critical chance, critical damage and attack speed. So when you look for an item, you need same stat's you are having on you'r character right now, but with improved versions. Blizzard said that you don't need to go to ah/Rmah in order to progress...Well on my quest to find awesome items that will carry me trough inferno act 2...I farmed a lot and only found several good item's...For someone else. So natural progression...It's doable...If you'r butt can hold enough to farm same act for hours and hours...

My real review:

This game is made for people who like's to grind same thing over and over without having no benefit if possibility for some real money cash is not counted for. You'r character wont progress and character will never be a unique in ways it was in Diablo 2. Everything is set the second you create an character and there is no customization (You can ink you'r gear, unless you like legendary quality....). I highly recommend for a person who isn't looking a game that last's long. Play the game trough and forget the thing...You will be satisfied, as a person who was looking for a game to play long time....Well let's just say i was stupid enough to fall for the trick that Blizzard can make awesome sequel. Graphics are okay in my opinion, sadly it's 2012 when they could push harder for better quality. But it's known fact that blizzard sacrifices graphics quality in order to get more people into the games. I learned my lesson...I will not buy a another blizzard product unless i see all fact's about the game. This game was unplayable for some time and looking at it's future it wont be a game most of us hoped it would be.
  33. Jul 10, 2014
    When I played, Diablo 3 was a greedy auction house fest, with loot algorithms designed to force people to buy items from each other while giving Blizzard a cut of the money spend. Considering the price of the game and the impact it had one quality of game play, this was extremely unacceptable.

They supposedly fixed these issues and removed the auction house in the mean time, so my review from back then is no longer valid. Not gonna waste more money or time on the game though, so I'll just set my score as close as possible to the average player score and then clearly state that I have no idea if the game still sucks in the current version.
  34. Jun 25, 2012
    Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25 meg connection... but in Diablo 3 it is just a frustrating fact that you have to endure. Without the lag I would give the game a solid 8, but with the lag... a 3 at best. Diablo 3 will be the last Blizz game I ever purchase. I have been a loyal customer since Warcraft 2 and have spent hundreds of dollars on their games. Too bad... their loss. Expand
  35. Jun 5, 2014
    Updating my review past all of the changes.
    Finally they did what players wanted. They made the game about loot. It still gets tedious very quickly solo player, but the new Adventure mode is great to play with friends
  36. Aug 28, 2012
    The game is great to play with friends from lvl 1 to lvl 60 (about 3-4 days). It has nice effects, appealing graphics, dynamic combat. However, it becomes boring at lvl 60, as it gets repetitive and turns into a grinding game. Bots own the game economy, the difficulty level is mostly inadequate. Maybe future patches will change this: who knows?
  37. Sep 23, 2012
    The game tries a lot of new ideas not seen in its previous game. The rune system is unique and is a great replacement for synergies. However, build diversity is quite low unfortunately with only a few viable builds in the Inferno endgame. Itemization differs player to player. Its a lot more luck based then aiming for that Runeword combo or unique, making it a good experience when you findThe game tries a lot of new ideas not seen in its previous game. The rune system is unique and is a great replacement for synergies. However, build diversity is quite low unfortunately with only a few viable builds in the Inferno endgame. Itemization differs player to player. Its a lot more luck based then aiming for that Runeword combo or unique, making it a good experience when you find that item with the right combo of stats, but a terrible experience if you arent. Big improvement on boss fights. Constant connection is good or bad depending on where you live. If you are looking for a little flavour in your ARPGs but nothing revolutionary, this game has got it. Expand
  38. Nov 17, 2012
    Diablo III doesn't even deserve a review, it just doesn't. It's quite bad after your first playthrough.

Not only is the lead designer (Jay Wilson) a total douche who should get his nutsack torn off by chainsaw-wielding killer sharks, but his "masterpiece" (as he calls it) single handedly destroyed the Diablo series (and this is coming from a fan of D1. I'm not even a hardcore fan either). All I can really say is that it was created as a cash cow because of the Real Money Auction House. Why do I claim this? There's no other reason they would completely obliterate a specialization of playstyle every single patch, expecting players to buy a whole new set of gear. The Increased Attack Speed nerf as well as multiple nerfs to special Wizard builds are a testament of this. Rather than making the speccs still playable, they nerfed them to the ground completely. Why? MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I could go on an on about how the game itself actually sucks, but I think the 4.7k+ negative reviews would tell you this. While I'll admit at least 2k or so are from nerd-raging, hardcore, D2 fans, many of them are new players of Diablo, and they too will admit this game is garbage. I feel ripped off and I got this game for FREE.
  39. Sep 16, 2013
    After several hundreds of hours of gameplay I find myself regretting a large chunk of it. A sliver of the game is enjoyable while the rest is boring and dull.
  40. Nov 17, 2013
    Lots of people think that this game is a complete disaster and I can't agree with them. Yes, in comparison with its ancestor the game isn't so good, but it's still worth playing. It' just good hack'n'slash. Graphics and music are okay. the greatest minus is has is the length, every act is about 2-2.5 acts length. But still it's a good game. And I don't regret buying it.
  41. Jul 7, 2015
    A lot of the mistakes with this game have been fixed. Some are still outstanding however. The foremost of these is the draconic use of DRM. Not being able to play even single player durning server maintenance is beyond stupid.
  42. May 15, 2012
    Overall the game does not meet up the standards in Graphics of today games, the story is kinda good and the gameplay is repetitive and boring, somewhat of a dissapointment.
  43. May 15, 2012
    Why so many Negative reviews? Just because they changed it to be more user friendly and more entertaining? Sad to see the people give up on it totally and give it a 0, O wait, they are probably still playing it with their grumpy attitude. Sorry to say but if you want to review a game, at-least give it your best and don't only point out the things you think should not have been removedWhy so many Negative reviews? Just because they changed it to be more user friendly and more entertaining? Sad to see the people give up on it totally and give it a 0, O wait, they are probably still playing it with their grumpy attitude. Sorry to say but if you want to review a game, at-least give it your best and don't only point out the things you think should not have been removed without not giving at-least some Positive feedback.

I give it an 8.

I overall like the graphics, the gameplay and how user friendly they made the game! It may be downgraded a bit for that part but oh well, it is still enjoyable.

The only problems I see so far that most people(not the sore raters) see is the lack of character customization and the server's launch problems but that isn't too big of a issue, they WILL get it fixed and working in no time!
  44. May 15, 2012
    Probably the worst game I've ever played. Does anyone else remember those fine, fine days of hours and hours of playing nothing but Diablo II back in the day? There was nothing better. Now, all of those days are ruined forever with Diablo III, which could quite possibly be the worst game I've played in the past ten years. For starters, the servers are completely broken and flawed, withProbably the worst game I've ever played. Does anyone else remember those fine, fine days of hours and hours of playing nothing but Diablo II back in the day? There was nothing better. Now, all of those days are ruined forever with Diablo III, which could quite possibly be the worst game I've played in the past ten years. For starters, the servers are completely broken and flawed, with absolutely no way to get into the game until you've waited more than 30 minutes and blown your brains out with a shotgun from the stress of yelling at your computer screen. On top of that, even when you do get into a game the gameplay is basically just a broken mess and a complete shadow of what Diablo II was. It's weak and unbearable, just sad to say the least. Do yourself a favor and never touch this pile of flaming bear crap. Instead, you might as well just burn down your local gaming retailer for simply stocking the game in the first place. Expand
  45. Nov 11, 2012
    Welcome to your next job, courtesy of Blizzard, except the neat twist is that you pay. A lot of people might complain about the always online aspect of the game, but chances are you still will play a game with DRM if it is a good game. Diablo 3 is a decent game, but it will eat your soul as advertised, perhaps it's better not to be lured in this time.
  46. May 21, 2012
    What can I say about Diablo 3? Well, it did a good job gettng me hyped, too bad it doesn't quite live up to it. How could it really? About 10 years in the making, it almost became Duke Nukem Forever, in quite a literal sense too... Too many bad choices by the devs, always online DRM, the dumbed down skill-system and the far to linear levels... Which by the way, aren't that interesting.What can I say about Diablo 3? Well, it did a good job gettng me hyped, too bad it doesn't quite live up to it. How could it really? About 10 years in the making, it almost became Duke Nukem Forever, in quite a literal sense too... Too many bad choices by the devs, always online DRM, the dumbed down skill-system and the far to linear levels... Which by the way, aren't that interesting. This game called Diablo 3 just doesn't feel like Diablo, it feels like a chore to play this game. I want to play Diablo 3 by myself, that's what I like to do, so having to log into servers to play singleplayer just feels wrong. The game in itself feels lacking anyway, I can't help to wonder what they've been doing all this time. The only really fun thing about this game is the skills and costumizing them, even though they are quite few compared to Diablo 3. Actually, I can't quite grasp the fact that it's this dumbed down, now town portal scrolls or identify scrolls are needed, just wait a bit. I was actually surprised when I found a piece of armor I had to identify, since I didn't know how I figured I'd learn it later but then I saw the icon, "click to identify", I clicked and after a sec it was identified, I was amazed... What was the point of even having unidentified items to begin with? To make it a surprise what you picked up? I don't know why this game was released this way, new devs mixed in with the fact that it's been touched by Activision? Who knows, but all I know is that it's hard to recommend it even to fans, I'd say those who are most likely to enjoy it is people wanting a gateway into RPG's, but if you want something deeper and more meaningful then just keep looking since even Skyrim has this beat in complexity. I have no choice but to give this the score of 4/10, I'll keep playing it, but I won't feel that good about it... Only good thing about this is the Music and the few Skills there are, if that's enough then go right ahead and buy it. It's more mindless fun than a deep experience, which disappointed me atleast. Expand
  47. May 21, 2012
    Ignore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challengeIgnore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challenge come in Hell and Inferno modes. No problem there. The graphics are phenomenal, each class is fun to play and unlike Diablo 2, gold is actually a currency as opposed to gems, Stone of Jordan's and poison runes. My best advice is to ignore the idiots who are giving negative reviews -without even playing the game- and looking to rage about really frivolous things. If you're a Diablo fan, or a newcomer, I strongly recommend this game. Expand
  48. May 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a polished but ultimately empty experience, I think the main question here is what the hell (pardon the pun) Blizzard spent the last 5 years doing, because it certainly wasn't producing any form of innovation. Much like Starcraft 2 D3 is simply a lazy rehash of it's predecessor. Add to that the always on DRM via Battlenet and all in all D3 is a decidedly mediocre experience.Diablo 3 is a polished but ultimately empty experience, I think the main question here is what the hell (pardon the pun) Blizzard spent the last 5 years doing, because it certainly wasn't producing any form of innovation. Much like Starcraft 2 D3 is simply a lazy rehash of it's predecessor. Add to that the always on DRM via Battlenet and all in all D3 is a decidedly mediocre experience.

...oh, and it has one of the worst plot 'twists' I've seen in a long while.
  49. May 28, 2012
    Huge disappointment. Story was meh. Servers are crap (I love lag in a single player game...) and are constantly being brought down/restarted. AH still doesn't work. PvP isn't even in the game. Act 4 was never actually finished. Nothing is remotely balanced. Endless bugs (from pathing/jittering to stupid follower AI to item stats that don't even work to boss abilities that bug out, IHuge disappointment. Story was meh. Servers are crap (I love lag in a single player game...) and are constantly being brought down/restarted. AH still doesn't work. PvP isn't even in the game. Act 4 was never actually finished. Nothing is remotely balanced. Endless bugs (from pathing/jittering to stupid follower AI to item stats that don't even work to boss abilities that bug out, I could go on for pages...) End game revolves around the AH, as there's no feasible way to grind or farm the gear needed to progress without buying off the AH (the one the doesn't work). With the RMAH in the works blizz made sure that the only way to succeed was to buy your way through inferno. In the end its a 60$ bug fest that is pay to win... Oh how the mighty have fallen. Expand
  50. Jun 30, 2012
    If you are a fan of the Diablo series, buy this game and play it. Despite some of the negative you may find on here; the game is a good game worth several play-throughs. That cannot be said for most games.
  51. Jun 8, 2012
    This is a serious and objective review from a person who played many pc games.
    First of all: connection problems. Worst service (even after a month since release!!!) of many online games I played - GW, WoW, Diablo2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, FPS shooters(Quake, Unreal, Counter-Strike), Starcraft 1 and 2... you name it.
    Graphics - far too bad for a 2012 game! Sound effects - decent.
    This is a serious and objective review from a person who played many pc games.
    Graphics - far too bad for a 2012 game! Sound effects - decent. Music - bad and repetitive. Gameplay is about decent the first three difficulties. The last difficulty is very boring. Players need to collect gold for hundreds and hundreds of hours to be able to progress. Then they spend it in an Auction house where they buy item upgrades for their hero. In Diablo 2 players were progressing on their own with just a bit of trading. In Diablo 3 good item drops are extremly rare - like 1 to billions chance to get such an item yourself so the Auction House does not get flooded. Logical, yes, but it turns the game to Auction House manager, where players farm gold the whole week and then lie for a day or two in front of their PC, scanning the millions of deals, hoping for a fair upgrade. So dumbed down. This takes all the pleasure from the item hunting which made Diablo 2 such a great and replayable game.
    Skill system cannot be more broken. Everyone ends up using the same skill setup. Scarcity of good items forces them to do so. Many GREAT features (it will take more than an hour to list them and you to read them) from Diablo 2 were just cut from this game. 10 years in development and we get this?! What a shame. I wont even mention the Real Money Auction House where players give real $ to Blizzard. Pay to Win! Take this from a serious Diablo 2 player - do not touch this game it will dissapoint you badly. Enjoy other games.
  52. Jun 20, 2012
    I've put about 150 hours into game with 3 high level characters so you know that i have played this long enough to tell you DO NOT BUY THIS GAME:

The game was exciting although repetative up until inferno (last difficulty). In order to get past where i'm at i need millions of gold because of the broken economy in Auction House. In order for me to get that gold i either have to grind for one hour per 100 thousand gold or i can just buy from the "real money auction house" for 1 dollar per 100k gold. So basically grinding becomes extremely boring and repetative and makes you almost forced to pay real money to continue. If not, you're literally grinding for 1 dollar an hour. In order to get the gear i need to finish with second act of inferno I need min 15 million gold which means i either grind 120 to 160 hours the same damn part of the game or pay out of pocket 150 dollars. Than it gets worse in act 3 and 4. This game is cheap in the fact the content is so short only made harder several times over (they did that in diablo 2 which was fine cuz of limited space on CDs , now its just an excuse of being lazy in order to not make further game content). The art is pretty, but the graphics are terrible at least a good 10 years out of date.
  53. Sep 29, 2012
    I was profoundly disappointed with Diablo III. I played several weeks AFTER release day, so my review is based on the game itself, not the customer service nightmare that was release day. I played the original Diablo and Diablo II, and unfortunately, 10-12 years of development (or however long it took them) didn't result in a marked improvement. On the positive side, I will say thatI was profoundly disappointed with Diablo III. I played several weeks AFTER release day, so my review is based on the game itself, not the customer service nightmare that was release day. I played the original Diablo and Diablo II, and unfortunately, 10-12 years of development (or however long it took them) didn't result in a marked improvement. On the positive side, I will say that gameplay feels more organic, and each class feels more unique than in previous installments. I admit, I loved the unique feel of the different classes, the animation for their various abilities and being able to tailor these abilities to my individual play style. I also like the fact that I can choose a gender for each class, whereas in previous games your gender depended upon the class you chose, so that was a definite improvement. My main gripe with this game is that, after an hour or two, it's BORING. After you get past the "OMG it's D3!!!" feeling and actually play the game for a few hours, this is what the experience comes down to for me: Run Around. Kill Mobs. Loot. Run Around More. Kill Mobs. Loot More. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Previous installments of the game felt darker and instilled actual fear in me while I played, as the atmosphere and story engaged me and made the experience feel less grindy. The story in D3 seems more in the background than D1 and 2, and the repetitive gameplay and the relegation of the lore to the backburner greatly decreased my engagement in the game. It felt too easy, too repetitive and lacked the depth that was an integral part of Diablo I and II. Some would argue that Diablo I and II had very little depth, but I disagree. Yes, the story of Diablo didn't have the same complexity of the Warcraft or Starcraft franchises, but the lore was still rich and evoked a sense of fear and darkness that I simply didn't feel in D3 - even with the added cinematics, which felt hollow somehow. All in all, I was profoundly disappointed in Diablo III. Though it looks great and the classes were unique and fun to play for a short time, Diablo III felt repetitive and fell flat. It sadly lacks heart, and felt more like a generic hack-and-slash money-grab than a high-quality, complex universe that Blizzard was known for producing in the past. Expand
  54. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  55. Dec 6, 2012
    I really wish I hadn't even given blizzard anymore of my money. That dark feel from Diablo 1 & 2 is completely gone and this installment is annoyingly colorful and vibrant as if it isnt about a fictional Armageddon. There are no longer meaningful skill choices, you can change anytime. The story is an absolute joke. I really miss the dark atmosphere of diablo 2. Gone are the days of walkingI really wish I hadn't even given blizzard anymore of my money. That dark feel from Diablo 1 & 2 is completely gone and this installment is annoyingly colorful and vibrant as if it isnt about a fictional Armageddon. There are no longer meaningful skill choices, you can change anytime. The story is an absolute joke. I really miss the dark atmosphere of diablo 2. Gone are the days of walking in jungles surrounded by cauldrons of cooked people or claustraphobic tombs with frightening waves of undead. This installment has colorful massive underground caverns with a plethora of Dr. Seuss monsters. And I think its been said enough how stupid the always having to be online thing is. In short, its a shadow of what the series used to be and I after starcraft 2 and this, I will not give blizzard any more of my money. They are a shadow of what they used to be and deserve to fall apart for **** products like this. Expand
  56. Aug 26, 2013
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat + Good sound effects + Easy to learn... - easy to master - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious - Skill system is pure **** - Doesn't offer any real customization - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad - Horribly designed skills - Horrible itemization - General
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible:

+ Fluent gamplay and fun combat
    + Good sound effects
    + Easy to learn...

- easy to master
    - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious
    - Skill system is pure ****
    - Doesn't offer any real customization
    - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad
    - Horribly designed skills
    - Horrible itemization
    - General design of important game aspects underwhelming

All in all: 4/10 would not buy again.

As a Diablo fan you will find the story is an insult to the genre and to its fans. The itemization is just terrible and everybody who was tasked with the job should leave the gaming industry forever. As should the designers of the skill system it offers no customization at all. It is obvious that the D3 developers don't understand what makes a good aRPG because this game is an arcade game that caters to less than casual players.

As a Diablo fan this game is a: -1 10
  57. Nov 17, 2013
    Probably the most disappointing game release of my life. I spend days weeks months in total game play, playing Diablo 1 and 2. I waited years for this master to return and what a disappointment it was.

They took something evil, mysterious, challenging and dark and turning it into a Walt Disney click fest for kiddies. Gone are the half naked sprites and up side down crucifixes. Instead you are met with animated characters in bloom, which inspire not fear of death but more of a scene of Alice in Wonderland.

What a tragic end to one of the best titles ever.
  58. May 27, 2012
    After seeing those so called critic reviews that keep praising and buffing products for markets. Had to write second review because i am really worried about unprofessionalism of critics. They are not making any comment about games features just raising the product to almost godhood. That's mainly because good name of company, 2 of those so called professional critics gave mixed review.After seeing those so called critic reviews that keep praising and buffing products for markets. Had to write second review because i am really worried about unprofessionalism of critics. They are not making any comment about games features just raising the product to almost godhood. That's mainly because good name of company, 2 of those so called professional critics gave mixed review. This is really worrying effect how critics are not having critical reviews only marketing speeches.

So lets get to the actual review played this game through with one character. Second play though with harder difficulty found game to be boring. As for even wanting to level any character again to level 60 whats the point in that skills come as progress levels. So there is no reason for that. This is mainly because really none of customization you can do talent or attribute wise its just all about gear you wear.

Also because they actually released "online or no play game" i keep getting constantly dc:t from game which actually shows how greedy this Blizzard company actually is. Game is just basically unplayable for those that get disconnected about every 5 mins to 30 minutes. I have actually done more tweaking to my security firewalls etc for this game than to any other games and it still has serious issues. Almost always when you actually try to get answers from technical support problems are on your side not their precious servers or product. They start "you could try..." its not consumers job to make game work. There should be some pride for game developers to make working game.

So good advice for all that are playing games around world never ever pre-order game, never buy those cheesy priced collectors editions or limited (luckily i did buy only standard edition) and most off all always wait about 6 to 12 months after release to get actually patched up game. Mainly never read what these so marketing critics write about game they tend to go overboard praising the series or company that made game.

In old good days of gaming we did not have DRM only cd-keys to check your games legality. All gamers suffer because too protective developers making every even single/ multiplayer games requiring internet connection. This game should had some kinda offline mode for that cannot have access to internet 24/7.
  59. May 15, 2012
    I can usually find a redeaming feature in just about anything and never cast straight zeroes (and very rarely straight 10s), but if value returned for money paid is exactly zero, what can I say?
    Being unable to use the product I bought because of a feature I did not want, IS a straight zero.
    Another company brought down by greed, incompetence and unacceptable business practises. Why was it
    Why was it possible to play Starcraft in offline mode once I logged in, and why isn't it in D3? If I'm FORCED to be online all of the time, there is NO excuse for not enough servers in use or the software not working. I refuse to be cheated and patronized by companies that take my money and THEN treat me like a criminal. No more games with forced online mode in single player for me. Period.
  60. euu
    May 16, 2012
    Not even the most drooling blizztards can defend this one. Not only is the game dumbed down from its predecessors, removing all kind of character building and strategy from the game, not only do the graphics look like something from 2007, not only did they abandoned the dark tone of D1 and D2 and instead added flashy anime attacks and WoW characters but the game is basically unplayable.Not even the most drooling blizztards can defend this one. Not only is the game dumbed down from its predecessors, removing all kind of character building and strategy from the game, not only do the graphics look like something from 2007, not only did they abandoned the dark tone of D1 and D2 and instead added flashy anime attacks and WoW characters but the game is basically unplayable. DRM doesn't stop pirates, at best it delays them. The only ones really affected by DRM are the actual buyers who need to wait hours, even days to play their game. Unfortunately, Blizzard had us in their pockets. They took advantage of our nostalgia and presented us with tedious, badly-written and just plain silly game. Hell, the game isn't even made by Blizzard North, the company that made the first two. You're better off playind Diablo 2 for the twentieth time than this. Expand
  61. May 21, 2012
    I'm new to the Diablo franchise and I know part of its appeal is replaying on harder modes with different player types but I can't really recommend this game to anyone who doesn't know exactly what they are expecting. Its a short game that seems like it should be on the IPad not the PC and has some serious serious technical flaws. Onto my main complaints. First is its very short, ComparedI'm new to the Diablo franchise and I know part of its appeal is replaying on harder modes with different player types but I can't really recommend this game to anyone who doesn't know exactly what they are expecting. Its a short game that seems like it should be on the IPad not the PC and has some serious serious technical flaws. Onto my main complaints. First is its very short, Compared to something like Witcher 2 or Skyrim this game just seems so tiny, it really feels like an IPad game you'd pay £6 for. Even though its short much of the content isn't varied or interesting, particularly in the dungeons.

Also the graphics aren't great, its not even that they're unattractive but rather its that they don't fit in with the dark sinister feel of the story. Finally, despite my rock solid network connection which I play games on regularly, I kept getting kicked out of my own single player game because it claimed it has lost my connection. Each time it did it I lost my progress, starting at the last checkpoint. If it wasn't for this very frustrating nonsense I'd have been completed even quicker.
  62. May 18, 2012
    Since my first review was deleted(didn't contain any spoilers, nor inappropriate language), I'll keep this brief.
    If you loved D2, prepare for disappointment.
    If you've never played anything else in this genre, play anything else in this genre. Artstyle: grimdark cartoony(think WoW:Cataclysm) Writing: As regards quality of writing, nothing can be called good when it retcons so much from
    If you loved D2, prepare for disappointment.
    Artstyle: grimdark cartoony(think WoW:Cataclysm)
    Writing: As regards quality of writing, nothing can be called good when it retcons so much from the previous games
    Gameplay: standard gameplay of this genre, with the exception that character customization has been axed in favour of gear progression. Higher difficulties just mean bigger numbers.
  63. May 18, 2012
    While Diablo 3 isn't perfect it is still a GREAT game. I was worried that the skills trees and stat points were removed. BUT the rune system really allows you to differentiate your play style and the stats are now WAAYYY more straight forward which is actually nice. There are some problems with the story and some of the lines are hilariously bad. Overall I love this game though and willWhile Diablo 3 isn't perfect it is still a GREAT game. I was worried that the skills trees and stat points were removed. BUT the rune system really allows you to differentiate your play style and the stats are now WAAYYY more straight forward which is actually nice. There are some problems with the story and some of the lines are hilariously bad. Overall I love this game though and will probably be smashing up demons for a while. Also it seems like people who didn't buy the game are reviewing here which is ridiculous... drm! servers! rabblerabblerabble! Expand
  64. May 23, 2012
    I didn't expect to be so disappointed from this game. I give 2 because I kind of like the graphics, but mainly that is all I like. My review is based on the idea, that I loved Diablo 2 and was really looking forward for Diablo3. I can't understand how can they make such huge changes to the game, at least they should have put a survey for the beta. You can't distribute attribute points andI didn't expect to be so disappointed from this game. I give 2 because I kind of like the graphics, but mainly that is all I like. My review is based on the idea, that I loved Diablo 2 and was really looking forward for Diablo3. I can't understand how can they make such huge changes to the game, at least they should have put a survey for the beta. You can't distribute attribute points and skills. Really? This made Diablo 2 unique and enjoyable for a long time. For example, there is no sense having now 2 barbarians. With this "strategy" people will play far less this game. What was the logic, thinking that young "modern age" kids playing mmorpgs will join this game? You also know that everyone has all the skills that you have (if they are your level), and it's just a matter choice, depending on what has been put in the short-key bar. There are "runes" for the skills, which are a kind of upgrade, they are also unlocked by leveling-up. The game has been made so easy. Even no identification scrolls/town portals. You deleted so many things, which were the uniqueness of this great series! The voices are not even barely similar to Diablo 2, and are so so bad. All in all, if you are not a fan of Diablo 2, and if you enjoy games from this type - Sacred, Titan Quest, you may like Diablo 3. But if you are a fan of the old ones, I strongly suggest to look at the "innovations" first, whether you will like them. Expand
  65. May 24, 2012
    No unique character development - auto-levelling, which means every character of the same class is the same, except gear. And surprise, there is a PayToWin shop in game. For gear. See connection? That would be ok for F2P, but an absolute NO for a game costing around 60$. Plus AlwaysOnlineDRM, which forces you to bow to every whim of Blizzard. Short single player campaign. Launch problemsNo unique character development - auto-levelling, which means every character of the same class is the same, except gear. And surprise, there is a PayToWin shop in game. For gear. See connection? That would be ok for F2P, but an absolute NO for a game costing around 60$. Plus AlwaysOnlineDRM, which forces you to bow to every whim of Blizzard. Short single player campaign. Launch problems and conection issues at day one. All in all - a very very bad direction in gaming. For its current price and state, it is definately a 0. Expand
  66. May 26, 2012
    Disappointment in every way, full of bugs, hackers, bad gameplay, and only partly finished. I've been a gamer for 20+ years and this is the worst product release I have seen.

The game has a decent story line and mediocre graphics and thats about it, there is no groundbreaking innovation in gameplay wether online, multiplay or single player. And thats just the start, Bugs galore, even though the graphics are medicore it slows down the most powerfal machines, Online public gameplay is full of bugs and security holes where hackers can steal your account, been hacked already.

The Auction house barely works and is full of bugs, you'll search for items and have random items or no items show up based on your filters, sometimes when you sell items you never get the gold, also the real money system just ruins the value of items and the economy, because money is cheap super powerful items are easy to acquire just ruining the difficulty curve, the game is horrendously easy and not a challenge.

This game is only partly finished, they never included the pvp system, and when you get to the last Act in the game it is plainly horribly obvious from the level design, graphics, monsters, storyline, even items where just missed mashed together at the last moment. I swear the last part of the game is so horrible you find it hard to finish, let me iterate again it so plainly and horribly obvious at the low level or horrible quality of work at the final act that this game is not finished.

Do not buy this until its $30 because thats what your paying for a half a game full of bugs and hackers.
  67. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to maturePlayed both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  68. Jun 10, 2012
    So, along with everybody else, server blah blah, pain in the ass blah blah, should be offline blah blah.
    That being said, just finished on normal difficulty. It took me about 22 hours ( I like to grind a little). I thought there was nothing wrong with the story, possibly could have done more but didn't need to. Cut scene graphics were great. In game graphics I thought were pretty ordinary to start with but as I grew accustomed to the art style I found myself thinking how good it looked on several occasions. The gameplay for the most part is fairly polished, lag issues sometimes causing minor problems. Special skills ( demon hunter) seem to annihilate whilst the ordinary attack seems underpowered in comparison. I sometimes got the feeling of repetitiveness but this was probably part due to over-tiredness. Probably my biggest frustration was the loot. I seemed to get plenty of rare drops but they were rarely any better than the standard magical items I was carrying, or they were for the wrong class. Even killing the big bosses was a disappointment in loot. By the end of the game I had 75% rare items equipped. I got my weapon from the auction house because with all my grinding couldn't get anything worth using ( perhaps that's blizzards plan). In conclusion, this is one of the rare games that I was interested enough to see through to completion so I definitely don't think it worth the score it's attracted. There are plenty of achievements to go back for etc if you don't have anything better to do. 8/10
  69. Jul 31, 2012
    This game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generationsThis game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generations definately do not have the appreciation for the amount of work that these works of art take. Try playing what was out there 15-20 years ago. See how far we have come. But not to become sidetracked, I must address another very important element of the game and that is balance. The game is so refined, you can tell that they worked tirelessly to make a game that would provide for a lot of continuous play. I myself leveled up two characters, 1 monk and 1 wizard to the high 50's. However, at this point it became very very difficult. That is the reason why I made the Wizard. This would be the only downside that for many is an upside, which is the difficulty. I believe that a little more of a gradient curve is needed concerning difficulty so that players do not give up. Because one thing is for sure in the video game world, if you put down a game for more than 2 weeks there is a good chance that you won't be playing it much more in the future. Thats just the simple truth. Would I recommend this game? Of course, Dollar for Dollar I still don't think that there is a better purchase for lovers of classic dungeon crawling action. I am guilty of buying my cousin and my friend this game for gifts. Needless to say the gifting went over well.
    There is no denying that Blizzard still makes among the most polished games on the market, and I feel that we often come to expect perfection from them which is unrealistic. At some points games cannot live out all your fantasies in life. You have to get up out of the chair and walk outside.
  70. Sep 22, 2012
    Weak game, no skills points, no permanent character choices, insane grinding required, very very very laggy even now in September. Just not a very fun game, still addictive in a way but not worth even a quarter of its cost, lucky I got mine as a gift :P
    The game would be ok with end game content (current none exists), less grinding required, less gold farmers ruining economy, not having to play through 4 times per char, a skills or talent system, a bit more difficulty (currently difficulty is an item check, no player skill required) and offline mode!!!
  71. Mar 6, 2013
    TL;DR A quick cash-in on some nostalgia and the genre defining previous game, nothing but a sign of the state Blizzard has slumped to.

If you want an Korean Grindfest MMO with a paid auction house, then you might enjoy this. Welcome to "Grind through the game 3 times on easy until you get to Inferno: The Game". Always Online, dumbed-down classes and gear system, lackluster story, gameplay and art design that hits a brick wall after Act 1, ridiculous gear gap between Hell and Inferno that will force you into the AH, Always Online also basically denying you your game if you have internet problems or LOL BLIZZARD SERVERS on your damn SINGLE PLAYER GAME. The fact that Hardcore mode can be influenced by the state of your internet/Blizzard's servers is almost downright sickening. The couple good things I will mention at least are the graphics, art design in Act 1, enemies that do feel like relentless hordes on occasion, animations, and the gear design is alright but definitely borrowed from WoW.

I can't argue though if you enjoy the MMO style grindfest that Diablo has now become. Overall, this was simply an Acti-Blizz cash cow that they had to milk, at the expense of all the hype and fans.
  72. May 22, 2013
    Probably the worst gaming experience I've had, or should I say let down, in years. Forced online game play. Repetitive unoriginal gameplay. Uninspired graphics. And let's not forget the auction house blizzard money grab. Blizzard is on a downhill slope.
  73. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is a shame. It betrays the atmosphere of previous episodes,which were much darker. Cooldowsns in skills, forced internet connexion, real money device, seriously. Blizzard has gone completely wrong and is destroying so many ips...
  74. Oct 11, 2014
    This game was ... Good. But (and lets all be honest with ourselves) it could never live up to the Hype. Unfortunately it didn't even live up to other games in the Genre. Torchlight 2 at launch had game play elements and abilities that were only recently added in patches 2.5 years after launch. Diablo 3 only trumps Torchlight 2 on graphics and cut scene/story quality...

If you are a die

If you are a die hard dungeon crawler fan, this game isn't bad... now (2.5 years later)... but if you are looking to get into dungeon crawlers go for Torchlight 2. Cheaper and better.
  75. May 15, 2012
    It is all about choices. Blizzard chose poorly: No offline mode, no staggered release, poorly updated customer service, and servers incapable of the capacity even on a Tuesday morning. Anytime I buy a game that I cannot play they get a zero, I will re-evaluate when I can play but this is your score for now Blizzard and you're decisions are why this review will get averaged in with the realIt is all about choices. Blizzard chose poorly: No offline mode, no staggered release, poorly updated customer service, and servers incapable of the capacity even on a Tuesday morning. Anytime I buy a game that I cannot play they get a zero, I will re-evaluate when I can play but this is your score for now Blizzard and you're decisions are why this review will get averaged in with the real review once the game actually releases. Poor choices Blizzard, very poor Collapse
  76. May 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The leveling of characters through 60 in normal, nightmare, and hell modes is quite enjoyable, which is enough to keep players occupied for many hours. Unfortunately this game falls short in the end game, story, itemization, and lack of offline play.

The story itself is uninspired with terrible dialogue. Anyone who was a fan of the previous games will literally cringe at the death of Deckard Cain, who is killed by a character attempting to get him to reconstruct a magic sword for her master. How exactly was he going to do that while dead? Why does she leave without the broken sword allowing him to reconstruct the sword? Why did this scene only warrant terrible dialogue and no real cut scene? Why does she abduct Tyraal instead of Cain? It makes no sense, and like the rest of the plot, reads like it was written by a 12 year old. Inferno mode is tedious and not fun. It consists of massive damage boosts to all mobs resulting in 1 shots to most characters attempting to enter it. Act 1 is playable because the zombies which dominate the act are slow moving, but upon entering act 2 be prepared for constant and unavoidable deaths no matter how well you play unless you spend tons of time farming or pay to win in the new real money Auction House, which allows players to turn an already paid for game into a micro transaction game. This feels like a way to milk the players for cash after they already spent 60 dollars on a retail product.

The statistics for your character are poorly explained in the interface, and some of them are not even accurately displaying what occurs in the tooltip, resulting in players gearing the wrong stat. Along with the poor explanations of statistics the itemization for legendary and set items is so terrible that most players choose common blue drops for weapons instead of legendaries. It makes the attempt to acquire gear feel boring and stale because the most rare drops are not even close to the most powerful. Players should not have the best chance of finding good gear when they look through their bags and read all of the stats on their found items, they should be excited as soon as they see the color of the very rare drops on their screen.

One last problem is the lack of an offline mode. This game could easily be played as a single player game and the previous Diablo games from 12-16 years ago allowed players to still experience the game without their internet connection being active. This removal of a key feature is obviously done in an attempt to prevent piracy, but is done so at the expense of their own paying customers.

If you want a good hack and slash leveling experience and to try out the customization of all 5 character classes then you'll have fun with this game, but in its current state the vast majority of players will not want to play this game for more than a few months once they've had their fill of the overly punishing and more importantly tedious end game.

Enjoyable leveling and character customization but poorly designed end game, bland and poorly executed story, incorrect itemization choices and explanation of statistics, and the removal of offline play hold this game back from being anything but just another fun but flawed game. This should not have been the case from a company as highly regarded as Blizzard.
  77. May 16, 2012
    Even without the server issues (which I did not experience)... the game was just bland, boring, and certainly not the diablo I've grown to know and love
  78. May 17, 2012
    This would have been a fun addition to the series 5 or 6 years ago, but nostalgia for the series can only carry me along in a game so far. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, it just feels like a game going over old ground, there was nothing new or surprising added. 10 years in the making and yet it feels like it should have come out in 2005. It has got all the ingredients that madeThis would have been a fun addition to the series 5 or 6 years ago, but nostalgia for the series can only carry me along in a game so far. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, it just feels like a game going over old ground, there was nothing new or surprising added. 10 years in the making and yet it feels like it should have come out in 2005. It has got all the ingredients that made the earlier games great and it still pulls you along with hunter-gatherer desires, but simply put there are other more modern games that do this with more style and newer innovations.

The graphics and sound should have been much better, there should have been more varied things to do in the game, it just needed to add something, otherwise what have they been doing with it for 10 years?

Games have advanced, Diablo hasn't.
  79. May 20, 2012
    I only got this game because it came with WoW's annual pass feature. Otherwise, this is far from worth the sixty dollar retail price. Diablo 3 has become extremely simplified. Attributes are adjusted by themselves, talents become available as the character levels up, no talent trees to choose from. Blizzard put emphasis on using the environment to kill enemies, that players will likelyI only got this game because it came with WoW's annual pass feature. Otherwise, this is far from worth the sixty dollar retail price. Diablo 3 has become extremely simplified. Attributes are adjusted by themselves, talents become available as the character levels up, no talent trees to choose from. Blizzard put emphasis on using the environment to kill enemies, that players will likely never use.This game needed heavier system requirements to obtain a darker atmosphere. Knowing Blizzard, they gotta make an engine that can run across many computers as possible. Story-line? I never really cared for Diablo's story. Probably the worst part is the DRM. There is no offline play or LAN play. The music is great! Diablo 3 is still a solid game with all of it's shortcomings though. Expand
  80. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are appliedDiablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are applied automatically unlike it 's predecessor Diablo 2. Having to be online to play results in the occasional connection problems

.... So in conclusion i give diablo 3 [ 8/10] ... worth buying but i still prefer Diablo 2
  81. May 30, 2012
    Up Yours Blizzard. Up yours with my copy of this short, poorly designed game. Online only? Phsck you for that as well. The only possible reason that it's online only is for the DRM that you're refusing to admit to, nothing to do with the poor excuse of an auction house! It's no wonder you're giving this heap of crap out for free with the year long subscription to WoW. It's just that badUp Yours Blizzard. Up yours with my copy of this short, poorly designed game. Online only? Phsck you for that as well. The only possible reason that it's online only is for the DRM that you're refusing to admit to, nothing to do with the poor excuse of an auction house! It's no wonder you're giving this heap of crap out for free with the year long subscription to WoW. It's just that bad and you dorks know it!.. What the hell were the BETA TESTERS DOING IN THIS GAME!?!?!?!?!?!? Not telling us how poor it was going to be, that's for one sure thing... Expand
  82. Jun 3, 2012
    Diablo 3 is maximum boring and redundancy. Diablo 2 is a better installment in the series, while Diablo 3 loses any semblance of seriousness in the environment and characters. I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it, it totally does not live up to the previous games, and is nothing but a total snore fest. Blizzard and gameplay are like oil and water, they just don't go together. Same thing is toDiablo 3 is maximum boring and redundancy. Diablo 2 is a better installment in the series, while Diablo 3 loses any semblance of seriousness in the environment and characters. I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it, it totally does not live up to the previous games, and is nothing but a total snore fest. Blizzard and gameplay are like oil and water, they just don't go together. Same thing is to be said for Blizzard and dialog, as Blizzard just seems to suck at it in every game they make. If you're thinking about buying this game, save your money. Diablo 3 won't cure your boredom, it'll just make you kick yourself that you're down $60 as well. Expand
  83. Jun 8, 2012
    Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.
  84. Jun 8, 2012
    Tedious, extremely easy, popcorn trash. The cynical uber-greedy business model surrounding this plague is also utterly sickening. People with minds and souls avoid.
  85. Jun 12, 2012
    A decent game made worse by the fact that I can't play it when I want to.

A decent game made worse by the fact that I can't play it when I want to.

1. Regarding the online requirement: I thought that this concern was hogwash at first. However, the game is often down. I have limited windows of time to play, and more-than-rarely am I unable to play my f*cking game because the servers are down. This is structured as a single-player game with an option to co-op, so this really pisses me off. Really.
    2. The game itself is merely ok. First of all the story is weak and seems to become seriously rushed in the second act. Worse than the story is the dialogue which is terrible. I also don't care for the fact that your heroes have all sorts of irritating remarks and one-liners. I preferred the stoic types from the first two games. The gameplay is fun, but not the least bit revolutionary. Thematically the game is vastly inferior to its predecessors. Using the D3dark mod helps the atmosphere, but nothing about the game installs that sense of dread and creepiness that the first two games had.
    All that said, there's no reason to give it a 1. I don't know why it took this long to make a game that begins rushing through the plot less than halfway through and contains a very limited number of Blizzard's signature cut scenes. Meh. Swing and a foul ball, Blizz. Not nearly as good at Starcraft 2.
  86. Jul 28, 2012
    I remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find outI remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find out that the game is awful. Terrible story, totally screwed up loot, lots of bugs and bad graphics. I can't express how tricked I feel.

This game is by far not worth its name. Maybe our mind would be different if this game was just a no-name, it's still not that bad after all, but this is not an ordinary one - it's descendant of one of the most important series in all time and as such, we had right to expect something much, much better. Shame on you Blizzard!
  87. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) Come on guys, the game is good or at least it's "ok" (3/5), but I understand the negativity around it. Do you remember the FIRST time you played Diablo? and the feeling of reaching yet another "section" of the "main dungeon", where everything was new and dangerous (and you where DEFINITLY closer to hell)? How about the first time you played Diablo 2? I remember playing the DEMO4/5 (Good) Come on guys, the game is good or at least it's "ok" (3/5), but I understand the negativity around it. Do you remember the FIRST time you played Diablo? and the feeling of reaching yet another "section" of the "main dungeon", where everything was new and dangerous (and you where DEFINITLY closer to hell)? How about the first time you played Diablo 2? I remember playing the DEMO where you play the Barb for the first two quests, and think: "Wow, this is... nice!" --- WHERE IS THAT "FEELING" IN D3? It's not there. So the game is good, but is NOT the game we were waiting for. Expand
  88. Feb 21, 2013
    So they decided to release the console version finaly, well now we know that beta testing is over so you can enjoy it on console (with off line mode and local co-op) Without Error 37 and other things. This game was made for console and that is just like spiting on consumer face. Even before Diablo 3 release (with all those ui changes)people where speaking about but i never wanted toSo they decided to release the console version finaly, well now we know that beta testing is over so you can enjoy it on console (with off line mode and local co-op) Without Error 37 and other things. This game was made for console and that is just like spiting on consumer face. Even before Diablo 3 release (with all those ui changes)people where speaking about but i never wanted to believe, god damn greedy bastards. Expand
  89. Jan 3, 2013
    I bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not thatI bought this game and was faithful to it for the first 3 months but finally gave up. The developers just plain failed at launch to know what made Diablo 1 and 2 so good, almost as if they never played these games themselves and just tried to mimic it by watching some youtube videos of gameplay. I came back to the game 6 months later and it was definitely better, but still just not that enjoyable and to be honest, they just missed the boat. The game is not worth your money, skip it. Expand
  90. Jul 26, 2013
    When you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too manyWhen you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too many console-friendly mechanics choices.

Diablo 3 wants to be plug and play for the masses, but that is never the game it was intended to be from part one. Fun for single playthrough on a day off, as eight to nine hours should do the job. Easily. The game does not deserve a single hour more, though.
  91. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game!! People need to stop crying that they can't get on been playing it for 4 hours now its incredibly fun, good graphics amazing sound and the combat is fun and challenging, already compiled some cool rare items and look forward to more treasure hunting :D
  92. May 15, 2012
    If you want an immersive ARPG, you've come to the wrong place. The design for this game doesn't lead to much. Artistic design, plot, game design, everything seems to be under par. Its impressive how they managed to through down the drain all that money, when an indie studio creates Path of Exile, a free to play ARPG. Go try it, and you will feel what immersion really is.

click the Ok

click the Ok button in the popup window "The game has ended"
  93. May 15, 2012
    I'm severely disappointed by the horrible DRM, and the laughable disorganization of Blizzard servers. This game should've wait at least a month before seeing the light of day. Blizzard should have expected this situation: i suspect they olny care about money, not customers. The game itself, is nothing more than Diablo2 with today tecnology. I miss the attribute points, the scrolls ofI'm severely disappointed by the horrible DRM, and the laughable disorganization of Blizzard servers. This game should've wait at least a month before seeing the light of day. Blizzard should have expected this situation: i suspect they olny care about money, not customers. The game itself, is nothing more than Diablo2 with today tecnology. I miss the attribute points, the scrolls of identification, i feel the series ha completely departed from rpg elements, and it's now pure mindless moronic hack n'slash.
    Do yourself a gift: do not buy a clone, and a mediocre one.
  94. May 15, 2012
    Step 1. Take Torchlight
    Step 2. Add voiced dialogues
    Step 3. Release as a whole new game

This game gets the same score Torchlight got, since it's practically the same game just with slightly different graphics and voiced dialogues.
  95. May 15, 2012
    wow what is this i paid for?? so bad, cannot log in or do anything without a stupid internet connection. thank god amazon let me return it. diablo one was awesome, diablo 2 was ok, but this is crap. no more blizzard games ever!
  96. May 15, 2012
    The game itself is fun and gorgeous, everything you would expect D3 to be--even though there are some saying they finished the entire game in six hours. I'm not even out of act 1 yet, just got kicked offline after playing from 10 am EST, so either the posters saying this are full of it or they ran through the game like a monster on crack.

But--and this is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE but--having

But--and this is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE but--having to be online to play is absolute, utter nonsense. Blizz made a big mistake with this and in the end the lack of LAN and offline is going to hurt this game; maybe not in the pocketbook, but through word of mouth. We know, we know, piracy and DRM is the wave of the future and whatever. You have billions of our hard-earned dollars at your disposal, Blizz. There are ways around this that even forum posters have suggested, and you ignored them. So handle the anger coming your way, I can't say that you don't deserve it.

A five. Would have been a ten or close to it, if there were offline and LAN offered.
  97. Jun 26, 2012
    After playing D3 for close to 70 hours now, I have to say that while it has fun moments, it has overall been quite a disappointment. I absolutely loved D2, and logged hundreds of hours playing it over a decade ago. D3, unfortunately, does not live up to the legacy of D2. I feel as though I got my money's worth in the time I played and a somewhat enjoyable story.. But as a Diablo game, itAfter playing D3 for close to 70 hours now, I have to say that while it has fun moments, it has overall been quite a disappointment. I absolutely loved D2, and logged hundreds of hours playing it over a decade ago. D3, unfortunately, does not live up to the legacy of D2. I feel as though I got my money's worth in the time I played and a somewhat enjoyable story.. But as a Diablo game, it falls very short. Expand
  98. May 15, 2012
    1d6

1-3 The servers are down
    4-6 the servers are up

It's a coinflip at this point.

The launch has been a disaster. I thought this kind of crap was over?
  99. May 16, 2012
    This is the first game in many years which absolutely will not let me play it. Two days of trying to install it, patch it and launch it to no avail. I've gotten it fully installed twice, only to sit at the welcome screen, unable to play because the servers are maxed out. I've had about 40 or 50 failed attempts to install it, and then maybe 20 attempts to patch it without success. IThis is the first game in many years which absolutely will not let me play it. Two days of trying to install it, patch it and launch it to no avail. I've gotten it fully installed twice, only to sit at the welcome screen, unable to play because the servers are maxed out. I've had about 40 or 50 failed attempts to install it, and then maybe 20 attempts to patch it without success. I must say that I fell for the hype and pre-ordered the game, only to be unable to play it. I'm going to park it for a month or two and come back to it in time. I'm quite disappointed - this is Blizzard, not EA. I expect Blizzard to release it when it's ready, not when they have to. Rookie mistake by Blizz, and clearly a lot of miffed customers. Expand
  100. May 16, 2012
    It is Diablo III. No matter what you get out of the other reviews, it is a great hack and slasher and my favorite since Titan Quest. It's a lot of fun to play (when you can play it) and the skill system is pretty well done. I will say that the game seems to be (at least on my first playthrough) stingy with good loot and it probably won't get as many replays out of me as it could have.It is Diablo III. No matter what you get out of the other reviews, it is a great hack and slasher and my favorite since Titan Quest. It's a lot of fun to play (when you can play it) and the skill system is pretty well done. I will say that the game seems to be (at least on my first playthrough) stingy with good loot and it probably won't get as many replays out of me as it could have. Sound is great, spells look great and feel great. All that being said I regret my purchase because this game is not worth $60. The RMAH and always on DRM (that prevents legal purchasers from playing) is patently anti-consumer and has bumped Blizz out of my personal pantheon of greats. This should have been distributed F2P because it is monetized like a MOBA and you have no real ownership at the end of the day. Buy on sale. Expand
  101. May 15, 2012