3.9

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Ridiculously terrible and sad game. Biggest disappointment of a decade. The only good thing about this game is nice art in game. The bad is no randomly generated maps, server down time, ping problems, end game is pay to win this list an go on and on. Also, dumbed down game play due to being ported for consoles doesn't do any good to the game either. Even though most people did already I suggest that you do not waste your money on this game. Expand
  2. Aug 26, 2013
    I will try to be as unbiased as possible: + Fluent gamplay and fun combat + Good sound effects + Easy to learn... - easy to master - Horrible story, really the writing is atrocious - Skill system is pure **** - Doesn't offer any real customization - Graphics are always blurred and even highest setting looks bad - Horribly designed skills - Horrible itemization - General design of important game aspects underwhelming

All in all: 4/10 would not buy again.

As a Diablo fan you will find the story is an insult to the genre and to its fans. The itemization is just terrible and everybody who was tasked with the job should leave the gaming industry forever. As should the designers of the skill system it offers no customization at all. It is obvious that the D3 developers don't understand what makes a good aRPG because this game is an arcade game that caters to less than casual players.

As a Diablo fan this game is a: -1 10
  3. May 15, 2012
    wow what is this i paid for?? so bad, cannot log in or do anything without a stupid internet connection. thank god amazon let me return it. diablo one was awesome, diablo 2 was ok, but this is crap. no more blizzard games ever!
  4. Jun 26, 2012
    After playing D3 for close to 70 hours now, I have to say that while it has fun moments, it has overall been quite a disappointment. I absolutely loved D2, and logged hundreds of hours playing it over a decade ago. D3, unfortunately, does not live up to the legacy of D2. I feel as though I got my money's worth in the time I played and a somewhat enjoyable story.. But as a Diablo game, it falls very short. Expand
  5. May 15, 2012
    It has been a horrible nightmare trying to get this game downloaded and then to get logged in. They let you go through an 8gb download only to find at the end there's a corrupted file and you have to reinstall. They give you a line of bunk that you have to reset your modem and turn off your firewall and all this other crap that doesn't do squat.

Then when I finally get into the game I
    am shocked at how it plays compared to Diablo 2. No more stat customizations, no more skill choices, no more anything customized by the player to make his character unique. It's just a romper room game of hack n slash. The 8 year olds out there will love this. Look Mommy Look I beat up dah bad guy, I rock.....can I have some juice now peeze.

It is so simple easy and linear it's just not worth playing. Gawd I hate getting ripped off in the computer gaming industry but you know how they work NO REFUNDS SUCKAH.

So, I'm just telling you DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS! It's just not worth it and the headaches will be horrible because you'll be sitting looking at the screen to login more than you'll actually be able to play
  6. May 15, 2012
    1d6

1-3 The servers are down
    4-6 the servers are up

It's a coinflip at this point.

The launch has been a disaster. I thought this kind of crap was over?
  7. May 16, 2012
    This is the first game in many years which absolutely will not let me play it. Two days of trying to install it, patch it and launch it to no avail. I've gotten it fully installed twice, only to sit at the welcome screen, unable to play because the servers are maxed out. I've had about 40 or 50 failed attempts to install it, and then maybe 20 attempts to patch it without success. I must say that I fell for the hype and pre-ordered the game, only to be unable to play it. I'm going to park it for a month or two and come back to it in time. I'm quite disappointed - this is Blizzard, not EA. I expect Blizzard to release it when it's ready, not when they have to. Rookie mistake by Blizz, and clearly a lot of miffed customers. Expand
  8. May 16, 2012
    It is Diablo III. No matter what you get out of the other reviews, it is a great hack and slasher and my favorite since Titan Quest. It's a lot of fun to play (when you can play it) and the skill system is pretty well done. I will say that the game seems to be (at least on my first playthrough) stingy with good loot and it probably won't get as many replays out of me as it could have. Sound is great, spells look great and feel great. All that being said I regret my purchase because this game is not worth $60. The RMAH and always on DRM (that prevents legal purchasers from playing) is patently anti-consumer and has bumped Blizz out of my personal pantheon of greats. This should have been distributed F2P because it is monetized like a MOBA and you have no real ownership at the end of the day. Buy on sale. Expand
  9. May 21, 2012
    I'm new to the Diablo franchise and I know part of its appeal is replaying on harder modes with different player types but I can't really recommend this game to anyone who doesn't know exactly what they are expecting. Its a short game that seems like it should be on the IPad not the PC and has some serious serious technical flaws. Onto my main complaints. First is its very short, Compared to something like Witcher 2 or Skyrim this game just seems so tiny, it really feels like an IPad game you'd pay £6 for. Even though its short much of the content isn't varied or interesting, particularly in the dungeons.

Also the graphics aren't great, its not even that they're unattractive but rather its that they don't fit in with the dark sinister feel of the story. Finally, despite my rock solid network connection which I play games on regularly, I kept getting kicked out of my own single player game because it claimed it has lost my connection. Each time it did it I lost my progress, starting at the last checkpoint. If it wasn't for this very frustrating nonsense I'd have been completed even quicker.
  10. May 17, 2012
    First I will say to people that this isn't an MMO. If you never played Diablo 2 then your lost. This is an action RPG limited to 4 player coop. I'm glad I didn't purchase this game because of so many reasons. 1)Back in 2008 there was that artistic direction petition. 2)The people who did DIablo 2 were not doing this game. 3)DRM in 2011 which there was also a petition on the single player portion of the game.
    4)Real Money Auction House.
    5)WOW player who subscribed a full year got the game free. I played WOW for 5 years and I wasn't eligible for this so I cancelled my subscription when I heard of this.
    6)No Druids or Paladins
    7)What they made Tyreal into.-saw youtube video
    8)The story and voice overs-read about it
    9)The length of the game which is shorter than Diablo 2-someone told me they beat it in 5 hours.
    10)The COW level-smh

As for the servers not working I say thats BS. Back when Diablo 2 was released I had 56k modem and a pentium 733 with a 20 gig harddrive and I played the game fine with my other friends. We are in 2012 where people have pentium 4 and terabyte drives and fast internet connection. There is no excuse for this crap. None. Everyone should be able to play the game with no problem whatsoever. I'm done with blizzard crap and I will never buy anymore of there products again.
  11. May 20, 2012
    For the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and the voice acting is top notch. Sound in general are nearly perfect. The auction house (just started using it) is great, just used my gold from the game (I would never use real money to buy virtual things, sorry Blizzard) to pick up some freaking awesome armor and two axes. Throw in randomly generated maps, and characters that are wildly different means I will be playing this at least one more time (whenever I finish the Barbarian, that is, already about 30 hours in, probably half way through?). Super fun game. Sorry to the folks with bad internet connections. That does suck, and feel for you (I do not like this DRM type either), but when used in the environment Blizzard forces you to use it in, it is a kick butt game. Expand
  12. May 21, 2012
    What can I say about Diablo 3? Well, it did a good job gettng me hyped, too bad it doesn't quite live up to it. How could it really? About 10 years in the making, it almost became Duke Nukem Forever, in quite a literal sense too... Too many bad choices by the devs, always online DRM, the dumbed down skill-system and the far to linear levels... Which by the way, aren't that interesting. This game called Diablo 3 just doesn't feel like Diablo, it feels like a chore to play this game. I want to play Diablo 3 by myself, that's what I like to do, so having to log into servers to play singleplayer just feels wrong. The game in itself feels lacking anyway, I can't help to wonder what they've been doing all this time. The only really fun thing about this game is the skills and costumizing them, even though they are quite few compared to Diablo 3. Actually, I can't quite grasp the fact that it's this dumbed down, now town portal scrolls or identify scrolls are needed, just wait a bit. I was actually surprised when I found a piece of armor I had to identify, since I didn't know how I figured I'd learn it later but then I saw the icon, "click to identify", I clicked and after a sec it was identified, I was amazed... What was the point of even having unidentified items to begin with? To make it a surprise what you picked up? I don't know why this game was released this way, new devs mixed in with the fact that it's been touched by Activision? Who knows, but all I know is that it's hard to recommend it even to fans, I'd say those who are most likely to enjoy it is people wanting a gateway into RPG's, but if you want something deeper and more meaningful then just keep looking since even Skyrim has this beat in complexity. I have no choice but to give this the score of 4/10, I'll keep playing it, but I won't feel that good about it... Only good thing about this is the Music and the few Skills there are, if that's enough then go right ahead and buy it. It's more mindless fun than a deep experience, which disappointed me atleast. Expand
  13. May 21, 2012
    Ignore all the butt-hurt idiots whining the game sucks because they couldn't log in day one, or because it made a drastic change of game mechanics from Diablo 2. This is a fantastic game. It has captured the look, sound and feel of Diablo and then some. For veterans of the series, you'll find yourself flying through Normal mode while utterly destroying everything, having the real challenge come in Hell and Inferno modes. No problem there. The graphics are phenomenal, each class is fun to play and unlike Diablo 2, gold is actually a currency as opposed to gems, Stone of Jordan's and poison runes. My best advice is to ignore the idiots who are giving negative reviews -without even playing the game- and looking to rage about really frivolous things. If you're a Diablo fan, or a newcomer, I strongly recommend this game. Expand
  14. May 24, 2012
    No unique character development - auto-levelling, which means every character of the same class is the same, except gear. And surprise, there is a PayToWin shop in game. For gear. See connection? That would be ok for F2P, but an absolute NO for a game costing around 60$. Plus AlwaysOnlineDRM, which forces you to bow to every whim of Blizzard. Short single player campaign. Launch problems and conection issues at day one. All in all - a very very bad direction in gaming. For its current price and state, it is definately a 0. Expand
  15. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3. A game i had a lot of hopes for. When diablo 2 was still new and shiny, it was a MUST for me and many of my friend's, i remember before going to school at morning i stopped by a classmate...We played some cow runs and then went to school together, chatting all the way about how good the game is. Enough of that. I'll go trough some pointers about the game.

Story - Most important factor for me when choosing a singleplayer (This game does not have community and playing with friend's is not a benefit since you can only fit few of em)...Well story was bad, very bad...Not just a favorite "good" guy got turned into human like in B-Type Hollywood movie "You guys suck, i save humanity by going weak!" and other one died.

Gameplay & Difficulty - Gameplay was very nice for a while. After i hit lvl 60 i realized i was playing a very polished experience of "run trough everything". It was fun to get exp and unlock new stuff. After 60 rapidly everything is dumbed down. You don' get experience, you don't get new skills, no attributes and only way to progress you'r character is to get more items. I reached act 3 inferno. It was pretty challenging...It did not test my skills how i can time my spells or how can i ditch damage before an object hits me. It tested how good i can run and do few hits, then run even more...Do enough dmg in 5min's or start over.

Items & AH - Items...Legendary/Set item's has nice stats. Some of em has quite nice affixes...They are not very useful though...This game revolves around having very high dps weapon and as much of main stat you can muster. Then it's same old critical chance, critical damage and attack speed. So when you look for an item, you need same stat's you are having on you'r character right now, but with improved versions. Blizzard said that you don't need to go to ah/Rmah in order to progress...Well on my quest to find awesome items that will carry me trough inferno act 2...I farmed a lot and only found several good item's...For someone else. So natural progression...It's doable...If you'r butt can hold enough to farm same act for hours and hours...

My real review:

This game is made for people who like's to grind same thing over and over without having no benefit if possibility for some real money cash is not counted for. You'r character wont progress and character will never be a unique in ways it was in Diablo 2. Everything is set the second you create an character and there is no customization (You can ink you'r gear, unless you like legendary quality....). I highly recommend for a person who isn't looking a game that last's long. Play the game trough and forget the thing...You will be satisfied, as a person who was looking for a game to play long time....Well let's just say i was stupid enough to fall for the trick that Blizzard can make awesome sequel. Graphics are okay in my opinion, sadly it's 2012 when they could push harder for better quality. But it's known fact that blizzard sacrifices graphics quality in order to get more people into the games. I learned my lesson...I will not buy a another blizzard product unless i see all fact's about the game. This game was unplayable for some time and looking at it's future it wont be a game most of us hoped it would be.
  16. May 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a Blizzard fan since they were making console games. It was a long time ago. I have seen over the time amazing game after amazing game come out from them. Until now. Don't get me wrong. Diablo 3 from a game play stand point is amazing. But thats were the good things end. Everything else is surprisingly average. The sound, the music, the voice acting, the graphics. All fail to impress in any way. There are glimmers of great in the sea of mediocrity but that doesn't make up for all the mess.

Speaking of a mess. The story is a disaster. It is so bad there is just no place to start. So i will just make a list of things it fails at: It fails:

- at creating atmosphere
    - at creating scary villains
    - at making any kind of sense for the game
    - at making the player feel anything

So it pretty much fails across the board. All the things a story should do in a game context the Diablo 3 story doesn't do.

So what do we have in the end. A game with great game play, mediocre sound, music, voice acting and graphics and a story so bad it laughable. Buy it according to what matters to you in a game.
  17. Jun 8, 2012
    Tedious, extremely easy, popcorn trash. The cynical uber-greedy business model surrounding this plague is also utterly sickening. People with minds and souls avoid.
  18. Jun 12, 2012
    A decent game made worse by the fact that I can't play it when I want to.

1. Regarding the online requirement: I thought that this concern was hogwash at first. However, the game is often down. I have limited windows of time to play, and more-than-rarely am I unable to play my f*cking game because the servers are down. This is structured as a single-player game with an option to
    co-op, so this really pisses me off. Really.
    2. The game itself is merely ok. First of all the story is weak and seems to become seriously rushed in the second act. Worse than the story is the dialogue which is terrible. I also don't care for the fact that your heroes have all sorts of irritating remarks and one-liners. I preferred the stoic types from the first two games. The gameplay is fun, but not the least bit revolutionary. Thematically the game is vastly inferior to its predecessors. Using the D3dark mod helps the atmosphere, but nothing about the game installs that sense of dread and creepiness that the first two games had.
    All that said, there's no reason to give it a 1. I don't know why it took this long to make a game that begins rushing through the plot less than halfway through and contains a very limited number of Blizzard's signature cut scenes. Meh. Swing and a foul ball, Blizz. Not nearly as good at Starcraft 2.
  19. Jun 14, 2012
    Good combat system, a fairly well-designed skill system that leaves you juggling constantly, and decent presentation. For me, that's where it stops. The storyline and voice acting are verging on spoof, the difficulty levels of late game are nowhere near challenging enough, and it's incredibly short. Once you've finished it two or three times there really is no need at all to ever play it again. Overall a big letdown, in fact I'd hugely recommend Diablo 2 over this, regardless of technical advances. Expand
  20. Nov 4, 2012
    1.05 Patch has Brought life back to a game that should of been great but had a very very very terrible start. Now we await the long need of the next step to this game, PVP.
  21. Nov 21, 2012
    For a game that has been postponed for 10 years Diablo 3 left much to be desired. From a short campaign to the online. Act I - II were decent lengths whilst, Act III and IV seemed to be rushed and left more to be desired. The amount of hot fixing that has been made to the game shouldn't have if Blizzard would have originally listened to the community. The legendary drops were mediocre compared to that of rares. Diablo 3 becomes a grinding mess after finishing Hell mode. It seems it was set up to prevent the player from advancing through inferno mode keeping them to do endless runs trying to obtain decent gear. Many players found ways to make this easier and Blizzard either changed or nerfed their methods. It also seems classes were and possible are not balanced. While a hunter could take out enemies in inferno mode with one or two hits, another player using any other class could have much more difficulty on doing so. It made the player base just run around with DH characters instead of actually offering variety. No PvP upon release is another reason why this game has failed and the overpowered DH must be the reason why. The combat system is basic and not as complex as the other Diablos and falls far behind them. The only plus to this game is the RMAH and AH where players can sell items for real money or player money. I have to say after playing Diablo for 3 months I left the game and never looking back. It can continue be the failure mess Blizzard made it to be. Expand
  22. Feb 27, 2013
    One of the best auction house simulators currently available.
    Though the whole thing is tied to a game, so only 4/10, without the game this simulator would have gotten 10/10 from me.
    The games outdated graphics, idiot-proof gameplay and no depth at all combined with a very very bad and short story sadly drag the simulation down.
    I wish that there was an auction-house-simulator as good
    as this without an unnecesary game atached to it. Expand
  23. Feb 9, 2014
    Not really good remake of Diablo 2 which looks like cartoon. This game is cheap as dad from Transformers movie. Frankly, I want my money back as this is not "Diablo" as I (and many) expected, it's a different game that speculate on Diablo name. Don't seems like I'm buying any other Blizzard games, not before a lot of good USERS reviews at least, as Blizzard reputation is non existing for me anymore. Expand
  24. Jan 8, 2014
    Diablo 3 is a good game. It disappoints in some aspects and really appeals in others. The start up bugs are ironed out and the experience is enjoyable but flawed. The plot has serious flaws and the game progress feels very rigid. Its fun how you can change your skills quickly as you choose but the game comes down to being an item grind. Best gear makes the best character and that's the whole purpose of the game. Its an enjoyable experience overall when approached without overwhelming expectations. Expand
  25. Feb 17, 2014
    Not as good as Diablo 1 or 2 or even Torchlight 1 or 2. Basically 4 things drag it down HARD. 1. Worst of all it is pay to win (but not even close to free to play). Inexcusable for a game you pay for. Obnoxiously so for a game you pay this much for. 2. Story. This story is weak. Some of the characters are fun (I'd like to learn more about many of the followers), but the demon of lies is a horrible liar (being obvious from the get-go) and the boards/missions/quests are not varied or exciting enough.

3. Loot/drops. Because they decided to make it pay to win, Loot and drops are not worth grinding, on the whole. Merchants are useless, and even legendary drops are unexciting given that they are almost always not even worth selling on the auction house. Its basically this: there is one correct way to play without real money. Grind gold, go to AH, buy items, grind more gold. Alternatively, you can, instead of playing the actual game, play the auction house to make money.

I don't think anyone bought Diablo 3 to play "stock market, fantasy style" but that's one of the two viable ways to do well in the game. Awful.

4. Online only DRM (with sweet, sweet server management. Honestly, if the game were good, I could probably/possibly excuse this. I think/hope that it prevents haxx, which sorta ruined any pvp or multiplayer in prior Diablos (especially 1). Given that I primarily want to play with my family, I'd be more than happy to lose this in favor of LAN based play.
  26. Feb 21, 2014
    I played a ton of Diablo 2 growing up. I had high hopes for Diablo 3. The game is really fun, but suffers from replayability issues. I quickly got every class to max level and geared well enough to pile drive the hardest difficulties. I was able to do this much faster than I did in Diablo 2 by using the new Auction House feature. The Auction House feature made it extremely easy to cherry pick the best gear in the game for your characters. In a game where the carrot on the stick is the gear grind... having a Auction House negated the carrot. I'm hopeful that the future expansion's overhaul of the legionaries, shut-down of the Auction House, and new character class will spark my interest. Expand
  27. May 15, 2012
    It could have been great after so many years, but Blizzard just wants to fleece us: destroying single player and LAN play, and forcing everybody to play online so we spend money in their Auction House just destroys the game, however good it can be.

Shame on you, Blizzard.
  28. May 15, 2012
    If you want an immersive ARPG, you've come to the wrong place. The design for this game doesn't lead to much. Artistic design, plot, game design, everything seems to be under par. Its impressive how they managed to through down the drain all that money, when an indie studio creates Path of Exile, a free to play ARPG. Go try it, and you will feel what immersion really is.

click the Ok
    button in the popup window "The game has ended" Expand
  29. May 15, 2012
    I can usually find a redeaming feature in just about anything and never cast straight zeroes (and very rarely straight 10s), but if value returned for money paid is exactly zero, what can I say?
    Being unable to use the product I bought because of a feature I did not want, IS a straight zero.
    Another company brought down by greed, incompetence and unacceptable business practises.
    Why was it
    possible to play Starcraft in offline mode once I logged in, and why isn't it in D3? If I'm FORCED to be online all of the time, there is NO excuse for not enough servers in use or the software not working. I refuse to be cheated and patronized by companies that take my money and THEN treat me like a criminal. No more games with forced online mode in single player for me. Period. Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    The little of the game I was able to play was horribly squandered on dealing with lag for a SINGLE PLAYER game. Since disbanding Blizzard North, Activ-Blizzard has really gone -south-. The DRM makes this game honestly not worth it, for something with a $60 price tag, you would think the game would be a complete product. I'll be getting Torchlight 2 and wishing about what could have been.
  31. Apr 24, 2013
    The game is a soulless version of what it was supposed to be. This is not Diablo 3, this is a sham. Maybe it was never supposed to happen? Maybe it was dead all along and that is okay, what was given was glorious in its day and it will always have that place in history. Let Diablo die one final time, lay it to rest and say goodbye.
  32. May 16, 2012
    very dissapointed blizzard. i was once a very loyal fan of you. but ever since starcraft 2 there has been a missing spark about your games. starcraft 2 had poor voice acting, poor story and the characters seem hollow and empty. diablo 3 on the otherhand felt more like a WoW title with the diablo 3 brand superglued to it. the lack of gothic feel, the cartoony character models, lack of stat point allocation and set unlocks of skills combined with the linear progression is highly dissapointing. i guess this is what you get when blizzard north go packing. Expand
  33. May 18, 2012
    don't listen to the people giving it a low score the game is excellent just as good as diablo 2 yes there is less customization yes they simplified it but it is still an amazing game that deserves full attention the story is better in my opinion because there is simply more mystery to it its a lot more fun even though you might not be able to create the character you wanted it is still an awesome game 9/10 Expand
  34. May 18, 2012
    First the bad, then the good...

Connectivity issues, as others have noticed, do occasionally interrupt gameplay. Stuttering during single player left me somewhat perplexed, since I was playing single player. On one occasion I was disconnected from the server with the only explantion being, "The server will shut-down in 4 minutes." I think a more detailed explanation could be given,
    perhaps the employees at Blizzard could work on that. After the forced log-out I immediately logged back in and found all my progress on that level had been lost and I was inserted back at the beginning of the zone. That is obviously unacceptable. A proper game should always save your progress in the year 2012, pretty much any online game does this including Blizzards own Warcraft. -1 point.

Companions return, yet are slightly dumbed down. You can choose their jewelry and weapons but that is it- no options to equip them with armour which is a shame given the wide-selection of armour and the crafting possibilites. In my opinion... absolutely shameful given the amount of time and development Blizzard put into this game, especially since Diablo 2 had already incorporated armour with companions. This ommision leaves me rather perplexed at Blizzard. Additionally, companions repeat their speech patterns multiple times, resulting in strange repeated conversations. -1 point.

Another perplexing aspect of the game: the bank, player gold, and crafting equipment level is shared amongst all of your characters. The bank no longer has a shared section, it is simply omitted. Everyone simply has everything. Now, this is a vast change from Diablo 2, since each new character you created had to be built from the ground up. It was at your option to share gear and gold through the shared bank which made the game more realistic. In Diablo 3, your top-level toon could upgrade all of the bank slots, crafting gear, and puts 100's of components for crafting gear into the bank, and by default your lvl 10 toon has full access to everything. All in all, I find this improper and completely unrealistic. -1 point.

Now for the good: Diablo veterans will have no problems starting the game without reading the game manual. Hard-copy purchasers will need an internet connection to download a game patch (it took me about 5 minutes to download with a 1MB/sec connection), as well as play the game in any form since game progress is saved on Battlenet servers. HDTV users should have no problems, as the game detected the appropriate resolution for my wide-screen 720p television, which is probably one of the more unorthodox resolutions for a game to render.

Players can have up to 6 different abilities ready to cast at a moments notice. While that is nothing new in modern gaming, is does allow for more advanced combat compared to previous Diablo games. Environments are now destructable to include doors, chairs, and containers. When objects and enemies are destroyed they will show battle damage from the type of weapon that struck them- electricity fries, fire burns, slashing weapons slice and decapitate, etc.

The crafting system is an interesting way to get above-average magic armour and weapons, and is a useful addition.

Actual gameplay is very fun and exciting at times. The music and sound effects are great, some of the FMV's are so-so but the major plot advancing ones are very good. I found the plot a little bit better than Diablo 2, but it was a little predictable.

Which leaves me at a score of 7. Otherwise, this is an fun and addicting game, but for some reason Blizzard made some obviously silly ommisions and changes which made the game less realistic and more annoying than it needed to be.
  35. May 18, 2012
    I was a fan of Diablo, actually it was the first game i've played online and i was waiting Diablo 3 for many years. But what did i get? Copy of Dungeon Siedge III, LOL! Diablo has the same graphics and gameplay. DSIII is a pretty good game, but it was released a year ago...
    Take Dungeon Siedge III, add always-online DRM to it and terrible service and you'll get Diablo 3.
  36. May 19, 2012
    I've played this game for a couple of days now and I must admit that it doesn't come close to the expectations I had before release. After playing through normal and ACT 3 on Nightmare the game still stinks of a grind-fest. I haven't even once had to stop and think on how to defeat a mob/boss. So I think I would rather let this game takes its place in the bookshelf and gather dust for the rest of time cause this game was a let down. Expand
  37. oso
    May 20, 2012
    Most disappointing Game ever. I have to admit expectations were extremely high, maybe couldnt even have been fullfilled. There are failures in every way you look at the game.
    The server management (even expected though) is a joke... i had issues every single day since release. Also entire game elements don't really work properly. The auction house must have been developed by a genius - its
    bugged, has incredible stupid layout and most annoying - can't be accessed while ingame.

Worst of all is the itemisation. 99% of your loot is crap. You are forced to buy items on the auction house. Without them you simple stand no chance on inferno mode. I suppose thats how Blizzard wants to rob the customers money in near future instead of letting them pay monthly fees. (Yes you pay incredible high taxes on auctions which go directly into their purse)
    Leveling the artisans seems to be also a waste of gold. Prices are ridiculously high and the results of your effort is simply not worth it - better buy on the a.h.

I have to admit the gameplay is relatively good. Playing with friends still is fun - but simply not fun enough. Game difficulty is defined by random enemy attributes which can vary from freeloot to impossible. That factor has a high potential of frustration because from a certain point on your progress dos not depend on your skill anymore - its simply luck and gear. That would be okay - has been with D2 too but not if all (yes ALL) items are randomly created by the game. So you might imagine how frustrating it will be when you find a barbarian set item with stats like intelligence and dexterity. I mean how stupid can it be?

At the begining i loved to play this game (so far as i was able to because of server restrictions) but with every day i beginn to dislike it more and more. I miss so many elements of Diablo 2 i just can't understand how Blizzard failed so greatly. The game is simply not finished after a ridiculously long development time. I don't even mind the outdated graphics (which are really **** outdated).

Blizzard Y U NO LIKE CUSTOMERS??
  38. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are applied automatically unlike it 's predecessor Diablo 2. Having to be online to play results in the occasional connection problems

.... So in conclusion i give diablo 3 [ 8/10] ... worth buying but i still prefer Diablo 2
  39. May 23, 2012
    I didn't expect to be so disappointed from this game. I give 2 because I kind of like the graphics, but mainly that is all I like. My review is based on the idea, that I loved Diablo 2 and was really looking forward for Diablo3. I can't understand how can they make such huge changes to the game, at least they should have put a survey for the beta. You can't distribute attribute points and skills. Really? This made Diablo 2 unique and enjoyable for a long time. For example, there is no sense having now 2 barbarians. With this "strategy" people will play far less this game. What was the logic, thinking that young "modern age" kids playing mmorpgs will join this game? You also know that everyone has all the skills that you have (if they are your level), and it's just a matter choice, depending on what has been put in the short-key bar. There are "runes" for the skills, which are a kind of upgrade, they are also unlocked by leveling-up. The game has been made so easy. Even no identification scrolls/town portals. You deleted so many things, which were the uniqueness of this great series! The voices are not even barely similar to Diablo 2, and are so so bad. All in all, if you are not a fan of Diablo 2, and if you enjoy games from this type - Sacred, Titan Quest, you may like Diablo 3. But if you are a fan of the old ones, I strongly suggest to look at the "innovations" first, whether you will like them. Expand
  40. May 25, 2012
    More than a week on and I'm still rather disappointed. Game feels rather shallow compared to previous iterations and is selling on name alone.

Decent, but nothing more.
  41. May 28, 2012
    Huge disappointment. Story was meh. Servers are crap (I love lag in a single player game...) and are constantly being brought down/restarted. AH still doesn't work. PvP isn't even in the game. Act 4 was never actually finished. Nothing is remotely balanced. Endless bugs (from pathing/jittering to stupid follower AI to item stats that don't even work to boss abilities that bug out, I could go on for pages...) End game revolves around the AH, as there's no feasible way to grind or farm the gear needed to progress without buying off the AH (the one the doesn't work). With the RMAH in the works blizz made sure that the only way to succeed was to buy your way through inferno. In the end its a 60$ bug fest that is pay to win... Oh how the mighty have fallen. Expand
  42. Jun 8, 2012
    Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.
  43. Jul 4, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that is a lot of fun depending on what class you play. I researched the different classes before the game was released and believed that I would love the Barbarian class. I did for awhile. Once I reached Inferno mode the game sucked. This game gets a 9/10 until you play Inferno as a melee class. Even with elite gear I believe that it would still be difficult to play as a barbarian. Since the melee classes are almost unsaleable in the last game mode it greatly effects this game overall. I have beaten the game three times as my barbarian just to find out I picked the wrong class. Cool story. Since I am not going to level another character to 60 I am basically done with this game. Expand
  44. Aug 24, 2012
    I'm glad I got my refund for this game back in early June of this year. I played diablo and diablo II, for YEARS. This piece of crud doesn't even have pvp.
  45. Oct 13, 2012
    After 100 hours with my demon hunter i just can say that Diablo 3 is an awesome game that some nerds hate. everything that makes a good game is there but some decisions like DRM or the loot system for lvl 60 players are just crap, i'm glad that blizzard is fixing these issues, when they polish the game we may be can call Diablo 3 one of the best games on pc history
  46. Sep 24, 2012
    Oh...what to say that hasn't been said already by hordes of angry disappointed fans. This is the First BAD game that Blizzard releases. Plain and simple, that's how everyone will remember Diablo 3, (hopefully the first and last). Why?? How a company with so many resources, virtually unlimited for the gaming industry, and so much time could've got it this wrong? I kept asking myself and coming with the same answer every time: "Lack of talent". This new Blizzard Diablo 3 team and specially their lead designer are simply not good enough to make a game that lives up to the expectations of the Diablo fans. Aside the fact that the game was developed around the single and main purpose of serving as Cash-Cow for Blizzard, and the internet always requirement, No LAN support, horrible launch, etc etc...You could've still made a great game out of Diablo 3...if you didn't fail in the next 50 aspects of it. Some of which are Looting system (they simply didn't get the point of it), character progression through talents/spells/attributes (they gutted them in favor of simpler/streamlined game play), the removal of random map generation, and the lack of understanding on how to properly design a grind based point-click Action RPG' mobs (boring easy to One shotted and nothing in between). They just never got it. My opinion is this is due to their lead designer and Blizzard's greediness. I call what happened to Diablo 3: "FPS mentality". Their lead designer's FPS background clearly shows in every step of Diablo 3, and it's sad, because he could Expand
  47. Nov 8, 2012
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe way,The RMAH turn this game in a simple pay 2 win. thx god that i could rollback the charges in my CC. DOnt waste ur money in this crap....
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe
  48. Dec 6, 2012
    I really wish I hadn't even given blizzard anymore of my money. That dark feel from Diablo 1 & 2 is completely gone and this installment is annoyingly colorful and vibrant as if it isnt about a fictional Armageddon. There are no longer meaningful skill choices, you can change anytime. The story is an absolute joke. I really miss the dark atmosphere of diablo 2. Gone are the days of walking in jungles surrounded by cauldrons of cooked people or claustraphobic tombs with frightening waves of undead. This installment has colorful massive underground caverns with a plethora of Dr. Seuss monsters. And I think its been said enough how stupid the always having to be online thing is. In short, its a shadow of what the series used to be and I after starcraft 2 and this, I will not give blizzard any more of my money. They are a shadow of what they used to be and deserve to fall apart for **** products like this. Expand
  49. Jul 26, 2013
    When you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too many console-friendly mechanics choices.

Diablo 3 wants to be plug and play for the masses, but that is never the game it was intended to be from part one. Fun for single playthrough on a day off, as eight to nine hours should do the job. Easily. The game does not deserve a single hour more, though.
  50. Aug 21, 2013
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Always online DRM. Hosting own game in D2 worked just fine. No reason for this garbage except No single player mode incredibly insulting. Screams of greed.

-Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to
    spend money on top of the $60 full price you spent on the game itself.

-Storyline absolutely abysmal. I thoroughly enjoyed the Medieval Gothic themes of D1 & D2. Here we have bright colors, non-dark environments and no gothic art style to be found anywhere. Instead we get Starcraft Protoss heaven. Literally everything about the storyline was terrible to me. Tyreal going from this mysterious, cool sounding rebel archangel to a random black guy. Deckard Cain killed for literally no reason. Diablo and all other major act bosses are simply generic villain clones that look like something out of WoW raid dungeons. Game forces you on rails through each quest in order so no skipping quests once you've already beaten the game.

-5+ years on development would have given sufficient time for a good team of industry veterans to create a deep, huge game world with interesting mechanics and things to do. Instead you can beat the game in less than 12 hours.

-No skill/talent trees from D2. Can't make interesting builds. Instead you have a limited skill pool to choose from, which is easier for casuals to understand but don't as much customization as D2 skills tree did.

-Server and lag issues that exist solely because of always online DRM. Hardcore players regularly killed because of lag and coding.

Perhaps one of the most sad aspects of this whole experience is there are still legions of die hard, fanboy zealots that absolutely adore being spoonfed this kind of extreme From a gameplay perspective and a business perspective D3 is absolutely a ripoff when one has at least a tad of experience under their belt. Do you think other companies could get away with this Imagine all car companies required their cars to be logged in & connected to wi-fi internet in order to work in order to stop automobile thefts. Do you think that kind of business model would work? No. People would be outraged and actually spam them with letters telling them just where they can shove it.

In the game industry however, I'd wager to say most gamers are between ages 12-28 and as such these people are less likely to have experience in business, thus the industry can still make a profit ripping people off. They get away with it because young people in that age group usually don't care or lack the knowledge to make informed decisions. When you buy Diablo 3, you are literally using your wallet to tell Blizzard to make more games like this. Companies will always trail what was successful in the past. Every gamer should NEVER pre-order a video game and instead read many reviews and watch many raw gameplay footage of said game after release before deciding to buy.

Thus sadly, Diablo 3 style games will continue to be pumped out by blizzard such as their "Reaper of Souls" expansion pack. Diablo 3 no doubt was commercially successful despite it clearly being an inferior experience to its predecessors that are a decade old. The people to blame for this mess are the gamers who wasted their money on this and encouraged this rotten business behaviour.

I should know, I was regretfully one of them.
    Never again however. I haven't touched Heart of the Swarm and never will. However the cinematics quality was high, but the way the story played out was laughable.
  51. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game!! People need to stop crying that they can't get on been playing it for 4 hours now its incredibly fun, good graphics amazing sound and the combat is fun and challenging, already compiled some cool rare items and look forward to more treasure hunting :D
  52. May 15, 2012
    Piracy and console gaming has truly destroyed the PC gaming industry and Diablo 3 is just a horrific example of developers greed for making money.Diablo 3 is absolute piece of crap and i'd prefer the original diablo 2 billion times over it.Firstly the always online drm truly deprives you to even start that game and once luckily you get to play the SP then you for sure shed tears thinking "THERE GOES MY 60$" Gameplay is repititive,most of the customization elements found in diablo 2 are gone.The game is just a crappy remake of diablo 2 to satisfy developers money greed. DIABLO 3 IS A COMPLETE FIASCO.Stay Away from this one! Expand
  53. May 15, 2012
    I was already extremely disappointed from the start because of the overall "WoWification" (which I probably don't need to go into detail about; read the other 500 reviews about it), but with the whole unplayable part I am officially mad. I regret buying this
  54. May 15, 2012
    They took Diablo 2, streamlined it and removed all the nonsense, they dumped the constant need to farm that made Diablo 2 stale quickly, they removed all the inventory issues by making items a set size. Then they dumped the requirement to have identify item scrolls and town portal scrolls.

The skills are better because now you're set using 6 of them, instead of Diablo 2 where you only
    used 1-2 of them that you maxed out. Alot of people are upset about this but it comes down to the fact you cannot exploit this game like you could Diablo 2 (Sorcerer with Frost Orb maxed soloing the entire game) This requires teamwork, or at the very least a strategy, tactics and an escape plan because it does get hard and you will die.

They took Diablo 2 and made it require skill to play it, not to troll or rage or be rude, but alot of people were expecting "Skill" games (copy/ paste builds, grind gear, exploit game, be stupid OP) and got a game where if they're dumb they're getting smacked around.

Aside from the crappy Blizzard/ Battle.net service right now I would highly recommend this game to anyone that's looking for a great CO-OP/ Strategy- Action game.
  55. May 18, 2012
    Having 11 years of hype and expectations behind it. Blizzard could only go so far to deliver a half-decent product with very little lasting appeal, bland combat mechanics and some very lackluster aesthetic design.
  56. May 20, 2012
    Barb is Sonic the Super Saiyan, I will never play game that is so simplified that it takes me for a retard. Automatic Attributes, Skills, now even Runes you unlock automatically, I dont see a reason why does it just play automatically and you just watch... Stupid game big disappointment. I dont like new plastic fancy fairy tale design, diablo is about gothic-demons-gore
  57. May 20, 2012
    I only got this game because it came with WoW's annual pass feature. Otherwise, this is far from worth the sixty dollar retail price. Diablo 3 has become extremely simplified. Attributes are adjusted by themselves, talents become available as the character levels up, no talent trees to choose from. Blizzard put emphasis on using the environment to kill enemies, that players will likely never use.This game needed heavier system requirements to obtain a darker atmosphere. Knowing Blizzard, they gotta make an engine that can run across many computers as possible. Story-line? I never really cared for Diablo's story. Probably the worst part is the DRM. There is no offline play or LAN play. The music is great! Diablo 3 is still a solid game with all of it's shortcomings though. Expand
  58. May 26, 2012
    I have been following this series since day one, when i was twelve years old and tore open my first copy of Diablo back in 1996, and i immediately fell in love. Click and kill. That doesn't sound too fun, but throw in some demons, creepy environments, and harsh punishments and ill be glued for hours. Diablo 2 perfected this formula, and i found myself on every single day, every hour i could get just to do another "Diablo run". Diablo 3 has improved on EVERYTHING, destructible environments, more varieties of monsters, achievements, more classes, etc. But one thing fell short.... The atmosphere. In Blizzards previous games, i this overwhelming fear of death always hung above my head like a cloud. The sounds, the looks, the monsters, the more "gothic" like atmosphere. In Diablo 3 the creepiest thing was the templars, but that was it. I was more afraid of a monster in act one, than i was with diablo himself. I am sure, blizzard will release expansion sets to this game, and i hope they concentrate more on the atmosphere and variety of drops and making "runs" relevant again with the new "Marketplace". Expand
  59. Jun 6, 2012
    This is not a "0" game, though it only deserves about a 6 for the "no single player without internet" and the micro-transaction AH, and a horrible story that destroys its own franchise (Cain dies, the girl dies, Tyrel is castrated...who is left to care about?). Why did I mention AH? Because you can't get drops your own level that enable you to complete the game without buying something there, or leveling up to 60 (why is it capped?) and grinding forever to equip other lower end chars. Expand
  60. Jun 23, 2012
    As always in Blizzard releases, the visual impact is stunning. Colors, models, music, interfaces are just perfect. The average customer reaction is too influenced by early servers issues and does not even closely reflect what you experience in the game. Who accuses the plot to be predictable or puerile plot, maybe has forgot that Diablo has always been about some brave hero wandering and killing demons. If you look for something more intriguing, then the whole franchise is not what you need, not just this third episode. Try some german literature, maybe. Collapse
  61. Jul 24, 2012
    List of bad things about D3: Loot drops are horrible 99.8% of the time Game is forces you to repeat the same content over and over and over Auction house makes farming seems pointless Game forces you to re-watch cutsceneses and re-listen to dialogues over and over Game forces you to wear all resist No build diversity Random affix generation creates stupidly irritating combinations on elites
    Game is hacked
    Game is run by bots
    Economy is ruined
    Latency issues
    Game is full of scammers
    Co-op is pointless
    Forums will ban you for negative responses
    Blizzard has lost peoples transactions on RMAH
    No endgame goals. Nothing to strive for.
    Pay to win
    Story is boring
    Too difficult unless you spend real money
    Spam bots have hijacked the chat channels
    Blizzard is slow, and unprofessional keepin the community informed
    Technical errors, login problems, disconnects
    No way to reclaim lost or stolen items/$
    Bosses have worse drops than elites
    No skill points
    Skill UI no good
    AH UI no good
    No way to conveniently swap gear
    DRM - No offline play
    Broken gameplay mechanics
    No lasting appeal
    User feels empty and robbed at the end of the experience
    Jay Wilson
    Activision
    Greed
  62. Sep 22, 2012
    Superbad game. Boring, money-making, over and over boring game. Blizzard, what have you done? Where is the spirit of the old "Blizzard North" of the original Diablo? Where? Oh, wait a minute...? It's runic's game "Torchlight II".
  63. Oct 3, 2012
    You can't play offline even if you solo, No lan support, 90% of the loots have stats that don't make sense.

For a loot driven game, i find the treasure hunting in this game extremely frustrating. Graphics are good, story is simple but effective, voice acting however is very cheesy.

In short, this game doesn't encourage to play with your in co-op, and the loot system is so messed up
    you kinda wonder if bli$$ard didn't do it on purpose to "motivate" you to use their new auction house.

This game is a failure and a disappointment. Specially with TL 2 that just came out. It's just 20$ and delivers more than D3. Hell, TL 2 feels even closer to the spiritual successor of D2 than D3 itself.

D3 is pretty to look at, but that's about it!
  64. May 22, 2013
    Probably the worst gaming experience I've had, or should I say let down, in years. Forced online game play. Repetitive unoriginal gameplay. Uninspired graphics. And let's not forget the auction house blizzard money grab. Blizzard is on a downhill slope.
  65. Apr 5, 2014
    However this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of this game. The changes Blizzard has made since release, really adds more playability and fun to the game. I consider this a worthy successor to Diablo II, however most people won't agree with me. Perhaps that is because despite playing all of the Diablo games, I started with Diablo III first. Expand
  66. May 15, 2012
    This game is perfect in very aspect, the cinematics are incredible the graphics are amazing , its the best hack'n'slash of all time, try it and you will love it
  67. May 20, 2012
    I previously scored this an 8, but after having played it some more I can honestly say that it doesn't deserve such a high score. The game is based item hunting, however the more common items are usually better than the rarer items, and the Auction House makes it so that you'll be getting most of your upgrades from other people rather than finding them yourself. Item affixes are a problem too, they are terribly uninspired compared to D2:LoD.

I give this game a 6, the combat is good but the game has no longevity with one of its most fundamental systems in such a broken state.
  68. May 15, 2012
    It is all about choices. Blizzard chose poorly: No offline mode, no staggered release, poorly updated customer service, and servers incapable of the capacity even on a Tuesday morning. Anytime I buy a game that I cannot play they get a zero, I will re-evaluate when I can play but this is your score for now Blizzard and you're decisions are why this review will get averaged in with the real review once the game actually releases. Poor choices Blizzard, very poor Expand
  69. May 15, 2012
    The game itself is fun and gorgeous, everything you would expect D3 to be--even though there are some saying they finished the entire game in six hours. I'm not even out of act 1 yet, just got kicked offline after playing from 10 am EST, so either the posters saying this are full of it or they ran through the game like a monster on crack.

But--and this is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE but--having
    to be online to play is absolute, utter nonsense. Blizz made a big mistake with this and in the end the lack of LAN and offline is going to hurt this game; maybe not in the pocketbook, but through word of mouth. We know, we know, piracy and DRM is the wave of the future and whatever. You have billions of our hard-earned dollars at your disposal, Blizz. There are ways around this that even forum posters have suggested, and you ignored them. So handle the anger coming your way, I can't say that you don't deserve it.

A five. Would have been a ten or close to it, if there were offline and LAN offered.
  70. May 16, 2012
    huge disappointment, and an unworthy sequel.. no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up.
    Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win, WoW inspired skills, cheesy text, cliché, uninspired dialog, story and scenes.
    DRM that requires you to be constanly online LEVEL 60 CAP Surely to be raised to 70,80,90 and so
    on with yearly expansions that consists of cut content for only another $60.

Also I know for a fact blizzard datamines WoW players, so I probably was too with D3. Now just what do they feel so entitled to take from players?...
  71. Nov 9, 2013
    No feel of "Diablo". Feels like a juvenile adventure game, not a gothic horror. Disappointed to say the least. Hopefully the expansion breathes new life into it.
  72. May 18, 2012
    WTF is wrong with games these days!!
    Everybody wants another good sequel to our arguably one of the best game franchise, but what blizz gave to us fans and gamers, a **** OF CRAP!! We fans deserve better than this! **** THIS ****
  73. May 18, 2012
    Okay so I am coming into this having never played a Diablo game...which I really regret now because this game is sooooo addicting. I just can't put it down. Everytime I say okay I'm done I just think of killing a few more things, getting some more quests done, and grabbing a few more loot. It nails the formula so perfectly and Blizzard has again outdone themselves. Now bring on Warcraft IV! =)
  74. May 19, 2012
    Well i have DRM issues, as many other do, i can't agree with that policy of constant internet connection, of auctions with real â
  75. May 29, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I've had some problems with the AH, but they fixed it (for now...). If anyone gets bored with the game, make a hardcore character, it's MUCH funner.
  76. May 28, 2012
    At the end of the day, Diablo 3 has little life in it. Casual players will be put off by how much the game hates you, hardcore players will be left unsatisfied by it's lack of depth, and everyone will be annoyed with the constant and unrelenting battle.net issues. The story uninteresting with weak, stereotypical characers, the graphics are unimpressive for a 2012 game and most of what made Diablo 2 the success it was has been pissed away to service the almighty real money auction house. If you're OK with paying the unusually high price for about 20-30 hours of OK gameplay followed by as much as your patience can handle of unpleasant, frustrating and ultimately - pointless, grind, then go for it. Personally I don't know what I was thinking when I pissed away my money on this. Expand
  77. Feb 12, 2013
    If I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel that randomized to me as well, it did feel like I was playing the same game all three times I played it. The point of these games is the loot and what you can do with it. Blizzard nailed that IMO. Expand
  78. May 31, 2012
    Here goes a sincere review from a veteran fan of the series (been playing since 1st version on 1997). At the time of this review I have more then 100 hours played and 3 characters lvl 60 so you can trust me when I will say the things I will say. I wish I could give a higher score for this game (I always loved Diablo series), but sadly I can't. My english is not so good, so I'll go simple on this review: Good and Bad. GOOD: - COMBAT/GAMEPLAY. The combat and gameplay is a vast improvement - GRAPHICS/ENGINE. Despite colorful (matter of taste), the graphics and engine are beautiful, and physics are fun: slaying horde for monsters is really pleasant (on 1080p max settings). That's it for the good points, now for the bad points: - BAD: STORY. Diablo's lore has so much potential, however they managed to give us a REALLY bad storyline with weak characters and everything else you can think of about BAD in terms of history. Be prepared for a ridiculous and horrible experience in this matter. - ONLINE DRM. You can't play the game without a flawless constant internet connection. This means: its impossible to play whenever you want (you only can play when they let you play), you can't play anywhere you wish, you have to deal with constant latency (even when playing single-player), servers being constantly down, and constant connection problems. Any single problem mentioned earlier makes the game completely unplayable and you're stuck on the logon screen. - SIMPLIFICATION OF GAME MECHANICS. This goes for a huge list of things. I won't post everything here. The first thing you'll notice is the simplification of item affixes. - VOICE ACTING. The voice acting sometimes leave much to desire. - WORLD OF WARCRAFT INFLUENCE. One of the bosses on the game is a colorful fairy. Need to say more? - LACK OF EXTERIOR MAP RANDOMIZATION. Indoor dungeons are OK (not great, but ok), however exterior areas are always the same with variations on what you find inside them. Basically, you will always know which way to go and where is the next exit. CLOSING COMMENTS: Compared to D2, this is a inferior game. Compared to other games on the market, it's a "Okay" game. If you're a newcomer, there's plenty of joy to have here, but if you're a long-time player, be warned: you can become seriously dissapointed. Don't go thinking this game will have the same "blast-effect" Diablo 2 made on you at his time, because chances are this may not happen. Expand
  79. Jun 1, 2012
    I think one of the comments on IGN was "I just love clicking the gold and items on the screen and how it has never been so much fun!". That would be fun if it was five years ago and the first iphone came out. Then I would click and slide my finger across a tiny glass little screen. Diablo 3 looks like an ipad game that forces you to connect to the internet to play. The only problem is you're still alone in your room, but wait a second I'm connected to the internet? I'm guessing they are trading your information to other sites to make a little cash on the side while you play one of the most dissapointing sequels of the decade. The problem started when they decided to make the game. Hack & Slash games aren't very good to begin with. We all played Diablo and Diablo 2 because we were waiting for Starcraft, or the next Warcraft RTS game. Probably the same reason why Blizzard eliminated the studio after the mediocre interest of Diablo 2. Then instead of coming up with a new ip, which I believe was rumored, they brought back their B franchise. Think of Warcraft without 90% of the lore. It's like the mouse for the PC just came out and they are showing you what it's capable of doing. I thought Blizzard shifted from making games this bad and wanted to build mmos and advanced rts esports games, the next age of gaming, instead they wanted to release another Diablo with half the content, no PVP, a gimmicky way to rip players off with a store that should be illegal. They forced it to be on the internet so that they wouldn't have cheating. The problem is no serious players are going to play this for long, so cheating might even add a bit of interest to the game after people have nothing else to do which happens after two days and beat it. Hey now try it but the enemies have a lot more health and the same artificial intelligence. Expand
  80. Jun 2, 2012
    Blizzard did not meet the minimum requirement for this game: playable. At launch, you literally could not play the game because the servers were down. On the second day, all the servers were down for another 8 hours. Even a week after its release, servers would go down occasionally during random times of the day. This could have all been avoided if Blizzard simply made a single player offline mode, none of these problems would be an issue. Blizzard is blaming hacking on the victims. I know a handful of friends who have been hacked and Blizzard did absolutely nothing for them. I found out that my friends who got hacked did not have an authenticator. I got an authenticator after those incidents. Days later, I was hacked and Blizzard isn't doing a damn thing about it. Poor customer service and a veritable plethora of bugs make this game an unenjoyable experience. Expand
  81. Jun 2, 2012
    I expected more from Diablo III. The gameplay is great and the overall quality of the game is top-notch but there are a few things about the game I find disapointing. First of all the skill tree does not allow for a great deal of customization and when leveling up we don't even get to choose which skill we want to unlock, it's already determined. Also we no longer get to spend attribute points, they increase automatically as we level up. Personally if there is one mechanic I like about RPGs is deciding where I spend my points. The story is not really engaging and the campaign is quite short, I know that this game is designed to be played more than once to unlock every skills and runes but I think the campaign could have been a little longer for those of us who enjoy storytelling. I am not going to comment about connection issues as this is something that Blizzard will fix soon no doubt.
    Another thing that is a little strange to me is the damage system, the base damage of a weapon will increase your overall damage. I can understand this makes sense for the barbarian but for a wizard it seems bizarre to run around with a mace and a shield to increase spell damage and protection. In most RPGs caster are inefficient with melee weapons and shields and it makes sense like that.
    This is still a very good game... but not awesome. Blizzard could have innovated a little bit more... it's not like they didn't have time! I really wish they would start taking more risks when developing a game, they have to get out of their comfort zone. With the money they are making they have to push innovation and stop sticking to what simply works.
  82. Jun 3, 2012
    Diablo 3 is maximum boring and redundancy. Diablo 2 is a better installment in the series, while Diablo 3 loses any semblance of seriousness in the environment and characters. I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it, it totally does not live up to the previous games, and is nothing but a total snore fest. Blizzard and gameplay are like oil and water, they just don't go together. Same thing is to be said for Blizzard and dialog, as Blizzard just seems to suck at it in every game they make. If you're thinking about buying this game, save your money. Diablo 3 won't cure your boredom, it'll just make you kick yourself that you're down $60 as well. Expand
  83. Jun 6, 2012
    blizzard is trying some very exciting new things with their character building system. It's unlike everything I've ever seen before, with only one flaw: they didn't pull it off 100%. Theoretically, this system would allow for infinite and flexible builds and unlimited diversity (a very cool concept) but because certain skills don't scale well or are outright useless for the absurdly difficulty inferno difficulty endgame, player builds become homogenized. Sure there'll be a few minor variances, but I challenge you to find a wizard without venom hydras, or a demon hunter without hungering arrow, or a witch doctor without zombie bears. Supposedly this is being worked on as we speak, but in the meantime it's enough to taint the endgame a bit. Also the always online requirement is a big of a nuisance, though I forgave it after I finally caved and started playing the auction house.

In addition to having an unexpectedly amazing physics engine, murdering demons (something you'll be doing a lot of) is incredibly satisfying. Enemies die in different ways depending on the methods used to kill them. Poisoned enemies begin to rot and peel away on the ground, burned enemies are charred husks, victims of arcane magic continue to glow with magical residue, and enemies struck with enough physical force can sometimes have their bodies completely separated from their skeletons. And just to be completely clear, I am not exaggerating what I just said in the slightest bit. You can LITERALLY hit a zombie so hard, his skeleton detaches and flies away while his body liquifies into a bloody smear. Even the smear is dynamically generated.

So much has been poured into the fine details of this game to make it incredibly satisfying, so it honestly makes me a little sad to see so many people rating it with zeroes because of things like "it's more colorful than diablo 2"

All in all, this new ARPG is doing some crazy new things, things I fully expect to see copied by competitors in the future.
  84. Jun 26, 2012
    This is a fun game, dont get me wrong: It's a solid hack-n-slash game, lots of clicking with your mouse, fast-paced, lots of looting. Overall though, I guess I'm just not as impressed as I thought. This could be due to all the hype and high expectations associated with D3, but it's alot different than its predecessor D2. This newer game has graphics more like Warcraft, more colorful but still "Hell" themed. I personally dont mind that the entire skill tree is unlocked by level, The game definitely has good CO-OP mode, you can join automatched public games. The story isn't that good, or maybe I wasn't paying attention... And overall, I feel like the game is too short. but I've only played on normal, and currently nightmare. Its a good game, sometimes I like Skyrim better. Expand
  85. Jun 28, 2012
    This game might have been good 12 years ago. The gameplay is extremely outdated, there is very little content, and everything is designed to get you to spend money on the real money auction house. Steer clear of this stinker.
  86. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.

When you Score the
    Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay Expand
  87. Jul 31, 2012
    This game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generations definately do not have the appreciation for the amount of work that these works of art take. Try playing what was out there 15-20 years ago. See how far we have come. But not to become sidetracked, I must address another very important element of the game and that is balance. The game is so refined, you can tell that they worked tirelessly to make a game that would provide for a lot of continuous play. I myself leveled up two characters, 1 monk and 1 wizard to the high 50's. However, at this point it became very very difficult. That is the reason why I made the Wizard. This would be the only downside that for many is an upside, which is the difficulty. I believe that a little more of a gradient curve is needed concerning difficulty so that players do not give up. Because one thing is for sure in the video game world, if you put down a game for more than 2 weeks there is a good chance that you won't be playing it much more in the future. Thats just the simple truth. Would I recommend this game? Of course, Dollar for Dollar I still don't think that there is a better purchase for lovers of classic dungeon crawling action. I am guilty of buying my cousin and my friend this game for gifts. Needless to say the gifting went over well.
    There is no denying that Blizzard still makes among the most polished games on the market, and I feel that we often come to expect perfection from them which is unrealistic. At some points games cannot live out all your fantasies in life. You have to get up out of the chair and walk outside.
  88. Aug 1, 2012
    A lot of money was spent on this 'Arcade RPG' and 0 is an unplayable mess and I rate this game a 0 because:

Most Clicked this game is playable one hand with your eyes closed. This is a Zero because it isn't a game.

It is an experiment. A meta test on gold selling, auctions worth real money, and loot grinding. Please don't let games become Casinos online RPG....
  89. Aug 12, 2012
    What. Is. This.
    Issues according to me:
    1. Internet connection to play offline
    2. Lag in offline (seriously?)
    3. Very plane, you play an hour you have seen it all, I know its H&S but, the monster just get tougher, that's it.
    4. Gets boring after 3/4 hours.
  90. Sep 4, 2012
    There isn`t much to add to what have been said here. The game overall deserves a 7 tops. But, there are so many wrongdoings, that the player base cannot pass over. I have borrowed a friend`a account, that went berserk after spending 60 euros on a game which offers mediocre game play and a slightly above average story. The 3.8 user score vs the 8.8 critic score says a lot about the PR that blizz have (also the money they sit on). After Starcraft 2, I made the right decision not to buy any other blizz games until the prove themselves to be worthy of my money. I was right with D3. And we want the option to play sp offline if we want to. We aren`t borrowing the game from the designers, we are buying it. That entitles us to use it offline too. A long fall for blizz 4/10 Expand
  91. Sep 12, 2012
    The game is **** its nothing good, don't play it. I even heard Diablo II is better. WAY to repetitive, nothing new, and i feel like i was in the 96s when diablo first released.
  92. Sep 17, 2012
    If the abysmal user score and the fact that the game lost 65 percent of its player base in 3 months didn't tell you enough, I don't know what to say to you. The game basically forces you to buy everything using the Real World Auction House and the lack of end-game content makes it worth about six hours. Jay Wilson is an idiot and he should be fired and forever denied a job at Blizzard for what he did to an incredible series. Expand
  93. Sep 22, 2012
    Weak game, no skills points, no permanent character choices, insane grinding required, very very very laggy even now in September. Just not a very fun game, still addictive in a way but not worth even a quarter of its cost, lucky I got mine as a gift :P
    The game would be ok with end game content (current none exists), less grinding required, less gold farmers ruining economy, not having
    to play through 4 times per char, a skills or talent system, a bit more difficulty (currently difficulty is an item check, no player skill required) and offline mode!!! Expand
  94. Feb 21, 2013
    So they decided to release the console version finaly, well now we know that beta testing is over so you can enjoy it on console (with off line mode and local co-op) Without Error 37 and other things. This game was made for console and that is just like spiting on consumer face. Even before Diablo 3 release (with all those ui changes)people where speaking about but i never wanted to believe, god damn greedy bastards. Expand
  95. Nov 17, 2012
    Diablo III doesn't even deserve a review, it just doesn't. It's quite bad after your first playthrough.

Not only is the lead designer (Jay Wilson) a total douche who should get his nutsack torn off by chainsaw-wielding killer sharks, but his "masterpiece" (as he calls it) single handedly destroyed the Diablo series (and this is coming from a fan of D1. I'm not even a hardcore fan
    either). All I can really say is that it was created as a cash cow because of the Real Money Auction House. Why do I claim this? There's no other reason they would completely obliterate a specialization of playstyle every single patch, expecting players to buy a whole new set of gear. The Increased Attack Speed nerf as well as multiple nerfs to special Wizard builds are a testament of this. Rather than making the speccs still playable, they nerfed them to the ground completely. Why? MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I could go on an on about how the game itself actually sucks, but I think the 4.7k+ negative reviews would tell you this. While I'll admit at least 2k or so are from nerd-raging, hardcore, D2 fans, many of them are new players of Diablo, and they too will admit this game is garbage. I feel ripped off and I got this game for FREE.
  96. Dec 15, 2012
    A lot of people says the game sucks. Well, it doesn't, it is just not the best game ever made. Although the gameplay is fun and the graphics are good, the story is boring and predictable. The game repeats itself from time to time and the lack of PvP is disturbing, but no that much.
    The loot system is fantastic and the voice acting is solid.
    The game is good but it is not Diablo 1 or
    Diablo 2 in ANY way. worth the money if you are not a Diablo fan Expand
  97. Mar 16, 2013
    The gameplay, while amusing the first time through, isn't good or varied enough to warrant repeat playthroughs, which definitely hurt a game that is about loot grinding. No randomization, and an absolutely broken launch also brought this one down. Things are smoothed out now server-wise, and they've dragged the game up out of the gutter with the inclusion of a new secondary leveling system, but it's still 'tacked-on' feeling. They still have a way to go before this becomes something that keeps people playing. Expand
  98. Sep 8, 2013
    Terrible Titan Quest clone that requires you to install the game onto a flash drive just to prevent the framerate stutter. Or splash out on an SSD hard drive. Either way is a little awkward for those of us with normal hard drives.
  99. Jan 12, 2014
    Avoid it at all costs!! I got this title free from Blizzard because of a WoW subscription promotion and even paying for WoW and getting a special mount it DID NOT worth it. It cannot be compared to Diablo I and II. The end was something that most players will feel more painful that ME3 and DA2. Not even for free I got satisfied. You have been warned!!
  100. May 15, 2012
    Step 1. Take Torchlight
    Step 2. Add voiced dialogues
    Step 3. Release as a whole new game

This game gets the same score Torchlight got, since it's practically the same game just with slightly different graphics and voiced dialogues.
  101. Jun 23, 2012