Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 18, 2012
    Diablo, Lord of Error (37) reigned for about a day and a half at launch. Since then it's been smooth sailing and the game itself is super fun. Act I is pretty much standard Diablo-esque encounters. After that the landscapes get more interesting and the enemies more challenging. Like Diablo 2, the first run-through is designed so anyone can get through the game - the "real" game startsDiablo, Lord of Error (37) reigned for about a day and a half at launch. Since then it's been smooth sailing and the game itself is super fun. Act I is pretty much standard Diablo-esque encounters. After that the landscapes get more interesting and the enemies more challenging. Like Diablo 2, the first run-through is designed so anyone can get through the game - the "real" game starts after you unlock the higher difficulty levels. I *like* the new skill system as it lets you experiment with different builds without rerolling. The game in general oozes quality. I'm enjoying my time in the game a great deal. Expand
  2. May 18, 2012
    Based on all the negative reviews I'm lucky that upon purchasing this game I had never played Diablo 1 or 2. Most of those negative reviews seem to be based on comparison or expectation. I will give my opinion with neither of those issues as I have no comparison for this game coming into it, nor have I followed it enough to have any expectation. The only reason I picked it up is cause myBased on all the negative reviews I'm lucky that upon purchasing this game I had never played Diablo 1 or 2. Most of those negative reviews seem to be based on comparison or expectation. I will give my opinion with neither of those issues as I have no comparison for this game coming into it, nor have I followed it enough to have any expectation. The only reason I picked it up is cause my friends wanted me to join in their festivities. So I did. Twice lucky, I missed launch day, so I never had any issues with errors or connections at all. I have only played this game mulitplayer thus far and have put about 7 hours into it. So far I am enjoying it. Its a great Hack & Slash RPG. Simple story, simple control, simple graphics, great art style and great music. This is the type of game you pick up and play when you want that mindless fun. Brought me back to the days of playing the original Gauntlet. (Obviously enhanced) but a great feeling of classic gaming for sure. It seems at the time of writing this (User score 3.8 on 3000+ reviews) that the average user score reflects the launch day madness and not the game itself. For those that say this is not as good as 1 or 2, thanks, just means I better go back and check those out now too. Expand
  3. May 18, 2012
    As a big fan of the series I adore this game! :) It's so addicting and I love playing it with my bf. It is so far my goty and we just can't put it down. The level design is beautiful, the music very goth like as you would expect, and the best gameplay in an action RPG to date. While the game does feel streamlined compare to the second everything just works and works well. Everyone shouldAs a big fan of the series I adore this game! :) It's so addicting and I love playing it with my bf. It is so far my goty and we just can't put it down. The level design is beautiful, the music very goth like as you would expect, and the best gameplay in an action RPG to date. While the game does feel streamlined compare to the second everything just works and works well. Everyone should give this game a try. Expand
  4. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game, loads of fun. Didn't have a SINGLE error with servers and i don't mind the online requirement.
    Well spend 60$! I'm in Act 2 now on Nightmare.
  5. May 18, 2012
    I love this game. Graphics are fine as hell I don't know what people are complaining about, gameplay excellent and story well scripted. Overall GOOD GAME! Although the internet problem is not a problem for me cause I'm constantly on the internet.
  6. May 19, 2012
    The irony is that none of the raged nerds that's giving this game zero points wouldn't be able to show us a better action-rpg. Blizzard nailed this game by making D2 more fun, more convenient and more polished. I remember being bored sh*tless when I was trying to clear act 2 & 3's massive emptiness maps in D2. No map feels boring in this game. It's flowing seamlessly. Loot is out of thisThe irony is that none of the raged nerds that's giving this game zero points wouldn't be able to show us a better action-rpg. Blizzard nailed this game by making D2 more fun, more convenient and more polished. I remember being bored sh*tless when I was trying to clear act 2 & 3's massive emptiness maps in D2. No map feels boring in this game. It's flowing seamlessly. Loot is out of this world. Comparisons are much more easier. Witch Doctor is hilarious and crazy fun to play with. It's simply the best action-rpg there is and even angry nerds will tell you they're currently playing D2 or Torchlight 2, you'll know they're secretly playing D3 and loving it. Expand
  7. May 19, 2012
    For background, I have played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 to an extent. I completed both games multiple times, and although it has been a while since I played the titles, I was completely distraught when I started my character on Diablo 3. The game-play was completely dumbed down to the point that a trained chimpanzee could complete the game without any problems, the graphics look as thoughFor background, I have played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 to an extent. I completed both games multiple times, and although it has been a while since I played the titles, I was completely distraught when I started my character on Diablo 3. The game-play was completely dumbed down to the point that a trained chimpanzee could complete the game without any problems, the graphics look as though they were taken out of WoW and darkened slightly. As I feared, Blizzard have forgotten how to make a game that is not the hugely successful WoW. Diablo 3 is a huge let down for anyone who has ever played either Diablo or Diablo 2, and I, in all honesty, cannot see how it would attract new players (aside from those who fell into the hype). I won't be a fool and say Blizzard "owned us" a great game, after this long of a wait, but after waiting for eleven years, expectations were high. They were met with Starcraft II, and they were simply destroyed with Diablo 3. It is as disappointing a game as you will ever find, and there is absolutely no way I am ever going to fall in love with it. For those reasons, my rating is a solid zero. Expand
  8. PL3
    May 20, 2012
    Drm is sh1t.

Still, this game is awesome. Level desing awesome, a lot of replay value, good story line, cinematic are just crazy, the gameplay is good, I wanna see the future of this game so bad. I dont like the fact that you have to leave your game to check the AH, then go back in a game and lost your MF Bonus. 4 players is perfect. I just can't imagine 8 players play in the same game.
    Drm is sh1t.

I was septical first because i'm a big fans of the diablo series, but now I will be a fans forever and ever.

9 is a good note, connection issue at the launch was freaking stupid but the game is great so. I hate people here say crap because they can't play for like 3 hours. Stop crying you noobs.
  9. May 20, 2012
    As an Australian player, this game is nearly unplayable. I'm stuck with a ping that averages 600, which makes combat sluggish, ugly, and playing multi-player with friends causes severe lag spikes which are absolutely disgusting.

Blizzard used to be a company I had a bit of respect for, but their abuse of everyone that isn't American paints them as a bunch of elitist pigs that the world would be better without.

I mean, EA included Australian servers for SWTOR, but Blizzard? Blizzard are now scum of the gaming world. **** Blizzard.
  10. May 20, 2012
    Fun game, but with dumbed down skill system. I vote for 8 if blizzard can handle server request, but with all these isues i set for 6. I play Torchlight 2 beta and it is almost same fun but with better skill systems and good characters and finnaly game is with lan support and non-online single.
  11. May 22, 2012
    This game is a solid 8 out of 10. Nothing too innovative or amazing in terms of its deviation from Diablo 2. That being said, it is a really good game. To me, it's like having that first experience of playing Diablo 2 again, and I can tell the replay value will be high. The atmosphere is much more similar to the original diablo than D2... the music, the Gothic themes and maturity gives itThis game is a solid 8 out of 10. Nothing too innovative or amazing in terms of its deviation from Diablo 2. That being said, it is a really good game. To me, it's like having that first experience of playing Diablo 2 again, and I can tell the replay value will be high. The atmosphere is much more similar to the original diablo than D2... the music, the Gothic themes and maturity gives it a great feel. The graphics aren't amazing, but it works, anything more would cause lag or require a top of the line PC. It's more streamlined, somewhat more simple but there is a lot of room for having unique builds. I understand from these user reviews that there was a lot of trouble on release, but I bought it a week later and usually play 2-4 hours at a time nearly every day and haven't had a single error or bug. I think some people set their expectations way too high. Expand
  12. May 27, 2012
    Blizzard obviously spent more time developing the monetization scheme of this mediocre game than they did focusing on the player experience. What should be a stellar Single player/ Coop action RPG experience feels more like a cheap free 2 play/ pay to win MMO treadmill. Farming and crafting are worthless as you level. Everything you find or craft at a given level is pathetic compared toBlizzard obviously spent more time developing the monetization scheme of this mediocre game than they did focusing on the player experience. What should be a stellar Single player/ Coop action RPG experience feels more like a cheap free 2 play/ pay to win MMO treadmill. Farming and crafting are worthless as you level. Everything you find or craft at a given level is pathetic compared to what you will buy on the AH. The game is designed to herd frustrated players to the real money auction house where you can give your money to hackers, gold farmers, and exploiters to get the gear you need to get to the next act...and Blizzard will take a cut. Story, gameplay, and graphics are mediocre- really uninspired.
    Server issues and security issues should be an embarrassment to Blizzard, which has had more than enough time and resources to sort things out. Really shabby work and a waste of the Diablo name. Blizzard continues to disappoint.
  13. May 28, 2012
    The game's alright with some flaws.

The game's alright with some flaws.

The good: For normal and nightmare difficulties, it's a lot of fun blowing up mooks. No more stupid skill trees, just a set of skills with options you unlock as you level. The bad: Higher difficulties suck. You pretty much need the best gear from the AH or you will be one-shotted. Inferno is pretty much unplayable for a middle-core player. Lots of boss combinations are really frustrating. The 30s cooldown on potions and long cooldown on defensive skills means every fight is pretty much do-or-die. You can't run away, you can't stock up on potions. Monsters will hit you even though on-screen you're far apart. If you die to a story-boss you need to start over. Lots of frustration/

Speaking of story, it's atrocious and hammy. Everyone carries the idiot ball, and most of the plot dialog is really poor. There's a lot of pointless GRIMDARK things too, like when you save a soldier and then he immediately explodes. Why? Because diablo is GRIM and MATURE, I guess.

The campaign is also really short, even though you replay it for each new game+ mode. Like, if you play at a moderate clip you'll probably finish normal mode in 10 hours or so. There aren't many side paths to explore, and the side-caves that are present tend to have minimal rewards.

So overall it's kind of fun, but it's also really frustrating and kind of hollow. They should rebalance the higher difficulties and add some sort of infinite dungeon. Otherwise, all that's left is farming for loot so you can farm for better loot.
  14. May 31, 2012
    Everybody knows that the launch was shameful but even at 2 weeks in the Forum is overflowing with complaints, personally I have not been able to log in and play on 2 out of 3 occasions so far.

For a single player game that is criminal and this is not the only reason for my low score. Not only is it a horrible example of failure on a technical a level for the company with the most

Not only is it a horrible example of failure on a technical a level for the company with the most successful online game but most of all Blizzard should be ashamed of what they have done with this once great game Franchise.

It has been "World of Warcrafted" . Dumbed down to the lowest level of skill required. Real money auction house? Really? Skills I cant even chose? No attributes? And beyond that its a crappy graphics level which looks like WoW in small.

I cant tell you how much this is the LAST time you have received money from me. Way to piss off a loyal fan from back in the Lost Viking days.

You shovel money in boatloads over 10 years and this is how you treat the fans that made it happen.

The game is not great. Its just well funded and well marketed, if they would have simply updated the graphics on D2 it would have been a better game. Story is not interesting enough to cover the fact that you are reduced to moronic monotony due to the limited and pre-prescribed skillset you choose from. Such a shame and the fact that the "critic" reviews loved this game just shows that nobody has the balls to tell it how it is.
  15. Jun 1, 2012
    I did a review, and a problem occur and i give mistankely 10 to Diablo ha ha ha ha. Impossible, i give 3 to this **** I try actualy to recover my money and i discuss with the support for the moment.
  16. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is in no way an improvement to Diablo 2. It fails in every way possible. And for the record I didn't buy this game BECAUSE of all the problems with it.

Always online DRM require you to be at Blizzards mercy, play with their buggy servers, with severe lag. Diablo 3 has no LAN, No open net because Blizzard is scared hackers will use the files to destroy their new cash cow auction

Diablo 3 has no LAN, No open net because Blizzard is scared hackers will use the files to destroy their new cash cow auction house.

Diablo 3 has No skill trees, No skill points, copy & paste characters with only gear differences making the only difference between your character and the next the gear you got at the cash cow auction house.

Diablo 3 is being hacked relentlessly by the second week. With over 28,000 threads (not posts THREADS!) worth of hacked players on Blizzards own forums. Blizzard is outright denying all of it, It's so bad two games journalist have been hacked one of them a eurogamer reviewer who gave the game a score it didn't deserve.

Blizzards Greed driven answer to this was to make a buck out of the hackings and aren't interested in helping people, only selling their broken and bypassed authenticators.

Meanwhile Blizzard just keeps on denying the problems with their game. While trying to spoon feed their customers garbage.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!

Go over have have a look at Torchlight 2 by the actual Devs that made Diablo 2. They're giving the fans everything that they ever dreamed of in a looting and hack n slash RPG .
  17. Jun 4, 2012
    Blizzard treats you, the paying customer, as guilty until proven innocent and disguises it with a weak excuse involving the inventory system. Enough said.
  18. Jun 5, 2012
    The game is definitely NOT a 0 I can assure you, nor is it a perfect 10. This review will probably help fans of DII (LoD inclusive). The game isn't the Diablo we loved: it is far less complex and takes less character planning. I find this detracts from my overall experience as I can't customise a character like I used to. I used to be able to level up my attributes and skills to tweak aThe game is definitely NOT a 0 I can assure you, nor is it a perfect 10. This review will probably help fans of DII (LoD inclusive). The game isn't the Diablo we loved: it is far less complex and takes less character planning. I find this detracts from my overall experience as I can't customise a character like I used to. I used to be able to level up my attributes and skills to tweak a character the way I wanted. That's all gone now. You won't be short of customisation options however with the 'rune' system, I was a fan of the DII style heavy character planning and investment type of customisation however.

Furthermore, if you create a hardcore character you are STILL at risk of losing your character if you disconnect because of a choppy network on your part or if the servers over at Blizzard go down/lag. This is even while playing in singleplayer (yes, you have latency while in singleplaer mode).

The auction house is a great addition and there's a good economy going atm, it's much easier to get the gear you want if you farm and sell your gear through this feature.

I don't like the over-emphasis on replaying the game to get bad ass looking loot. Basically, you get worthless and crap looking gear in Normal mode and it gets progressively better through each playthrough. This isn't because I can't get through Normal or anything, no no, normal is piss easy in fact. It's just that it feels like I'm treadmill gaming right from the very beginning of the game, where-as in DII I felt like I was treadmilling when I had to farm my Stones of Jordan.

Now we come to the story.... The story in Diablo 3 is presented terribly. Remember how the story of DII was told through both Marius' recounts and our own character trailing behind? Remember how we'd have to consult the wikis to learn subtle little lore tid-bits? Well that's gone. Now you have Blizzard trying to actively and without any subtlety whatsoever, force you to emotionally attach to 'Leah'. You will be killing monsters and suddenly she'll interject with how she wants to make an inn so she can help weary travellers. While I'm in the middle of killing and looting. Oh yeah that's another thing - You are forced to escort Leah and a few other annoying characters A LOT. In DII you were the lone saviour who occasionally received help but not nearly as much as this. The story is presented as if it were written for 5 year olds.... Seriously, remember Izuall from DII? Well he's back, and BOY does he want to remind you who he is after we just got told who he was. The 'Lord of Deceit' (Belial) is perhaps the worst deceiver I've ever seen: there's absolutely no subtlety to his 'master deception'. The twist in the plot can be seen from about 100 miles away it's that obvious. I think Chris Metzen needs to take a break from writing stories: it's the same old recycled **** over and over again, and every iteration of story he writes becomes more and more obvious. The Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft stories USED to have subtlety and were told and presented in an interesting way. Now it's just "HEY I'M A MAIN CHARACTER, I AM LIKE A PERSON BECAUSE I HAVE FEELINGS, CONNECT WITH ME, PLEASE CONNECT WITH ME, OMG PLOT TWIST I SOOOO DID NOT SEE THAT COMING DID YOU?!". Just awful writing.

Sometimes when you come home after a long day at work or uni and you just want to relax and play some Diablo with friends you won't be allowed to, because the servers will be down for maintenance or patching, or some useless reason like that... Even if you want to play singleplayer you won't be allowed to - it's quite a disturbing trend for singleplayer games actually.There's really not much else to say: the game isn't at all like the Diablo of old and that may be good or bad depending on what your preferences are. It's a lot simpler and there's no real character pre-planning required, but it still has quite a bit of variety to it. It's very fun to play with friends but gets quite stale in singleplayer. It is online only and thus latency is a big problem if you live in a country like Australia with terrible net speeds and you won't be able to log in during 'maintenance'. The story is terribly written AND terribly presented. The plot twists are obvious and terrible. The game is decent.. It is neither a perfect score (it HAS objective problems: like server maintenance and ping/latency in singleplayer hardcore), nor is it a 0 (it's impossible, it's decent, but that's all - nothing special). If you're a fan of Diablo II you may be disappointed; if you're quite young and have never played a point and click RPG this will probably be for you. It does feel like they're pandering a lot to a younger audience than ever before... And I think its success stems from the WoW market share. Ah well, it seems the old Diablo is gone.
  19. Jun 6, 2012
    The main problem with this game is that it's just boring. Mobs, items, story...all are just goddamn boring.
    Second major problem is the always online requirement. **** that for a joke for a single player game (and don't tell me this is a multiplayer game - single play is a major component). Server down for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance? Too bad, you can't play the game. **** you Blizzard. At least Dawnguard is coming out soon and I can get back to a proper game.
  20. Jun 10, 2012
    An incredibly fun, addictive, and generally satisfying dungeon-crawling ARPG that is quite unfortunately hindered by an absence of stat point customization, a frustratingly unrewarding loot system, and endless online connectivity issues. One will doubtlessly find themselves being slaughtered by groups of common enemies at higher difficulty levels because lag spikes tend to render theAn incredibly fun, addictive, and generally satisfying dungeon-crawling ARPG that is quite unfortunately hindered by an absence of stat point customization, a frustratingly unrewarding loot system, and endless online connectivity issues. One will doubtlessly find themselves being slaughtered by groups of common enemies at higher difficulty levels because lag spikes tend to render the player effectively blind for non-negotiable lengths of time-- even in single player. If Blizz fully comprehended the server expense of having all games run entirely on the server's side, it's disappointing at best and infuriating at worst that Battle.net's capacity for demand doesn't cut the mustard. Expand
  21. Jun 11, 2012
    Diablo III is cheesy, soulless and seems to be made for ten-year-olds. Still, it's an okay game gameplay-wise -- on harder difficulties. However, and this is a big however, you have to start the game on Normal, play through the entire game on Normal, before you get there. And Normal is way to easy. It presents no challenge -- just keep clicking on the screen around your character and youDiablo III is cheesy, soulless and seems to be made for ten-year-olds. Still, it's an okay game gameplay-wise -- on harder difficulties. However, and this is a big however, you have to start the game on Normal, play through the entire game on Normal, before you get there. And Normal is way to easy. It presents no challenge -- just keep clicking on the screen around your character and you win every encounter. This is truly boring, and it's a 40-hour introduction to the game that you're forced to take. Not really worth it in my opinion. Expand
  22. Jun 12, 2012
    Have played for about ~130 hours of total on three different characters and I can firmly say that Diablo 3 was a mistake. Blizzard, in the past, has not released a mechanically bad video game EVER. Battle.net 2.0 made SC2 a overall bad experience for me but the game itself was good. WoW has it's balance issues in terms of DPS in PvE and class issues in PvP. They are constantly patchingHave played for about ~130 hours of total on three different characters and I can firmly say that Diablo 3 was a mistake. Blizzard, in the past, has not released a mechanically bad video game EVER. Battle.net 2.0 made SC2 a overall bad experience for me but the game itself was good. WoW has it's balance issues in terms of DPS in PvE and class issues in PvP. They are constantly patching those and it is a work in progress just like any MMO. Getting down to it Diablo 3 did not have promised features and for a time the development team was not doing anything in the pre-release. I waited over 10 years for this game that had been redone more than once by Blizzard and I can firmly say that it was worth the wait. From PvP not being in game even though it says it is on the box, to the RMAH requiring you buy a device, along with the game you already bought, so you can use it. It has been a terrible ride. The first week's launch and the whole idea of being online to play a single player game was and is a slap in the consumer's face. Hardcore is out of the question as you are always online and lag is always an issue. I would never even think of making a character in that environment as the frustration of farming gear is already too much. Blizzard built the game so people would get to inferno and hit a brick wall. Only way to topple that brick was is to farm gear for hours on end or you can spend money at the RMAH. This is good for business but who the hell wants to pay more money on to something you already bought to do well in? Who the hell wants to farm for hours on end so you can progress through content you have already done? I am a hardcore gamer but I don't see artificial challenge worth doing. There is not anything in it for me. Lastly, the story was written by a guy who got hired on for his artistic abilities. CGI scenes and dialog should be skipped at all times it is just that bad. The plot does not line up to anything that happened in the previous games and should have been aborted by any normal human being. Service maintenance, consumer always being wrong, terrible customer representatives, and a grindfest is all that awaits the willing and able Diablo 3 fanatic. I would recommend playing D2 as even with the duping it is still more "fun" than this trainwreck. Expand
  23. Jun 12, 2012
    Diablo III is the biggest setback in gaming history. I am writing this review, in hope of gaming directors waking up. This is a true copy of WoW. The quests, the dialog and even the grouping. Its the same UI as wow, and thats just terrible. Diablo II is one of the best games ever made, and Blizzard totally ruined it. We need offline play. We want randomized scenery as the old. We want noDiablo III is the biggest setback in gaming history. I am writing this review, in hope of gaming directors waking up. This is a true copy of WoW. The quests, the dialog and even the grouping. Its the same UI as wow, and thats just terrible. Diablo II is one of the best games ever made, and Blizzard totally ruined it. We need offline play. We want randomized scenery as the old. We want no cartoony Graphics, but dark and spooky stuff like in the II. This is just sad. I give it a 4.0, because its fun to play with friends. But it was 12 hours to Hell, and now its just pure poo.

GG
  24. Jun 16, 2012
    I'm not the biggest RPG gamer around, but I daresay I know my way around a few. This is my first time playing a Diablo game, so storywise, I can't really judge. Gameplay however is lacking severely in replay-ability. The only real replay value present is dungeons are formed in randomization. Furthermore, the dungeon layouts are predictable, specifically the side quest ones. TheI'm not the biggest RPG gamer around, but I daresay I know my way around a few. This is my first time playing a Diablo game, so storywise, I can't really judge. Gameplay however is lacking severely in replay-ability. The only real replay value present is dungeons are formed in randomization. Furthermore, the dungeon layouts are predictable, specifically the side quest ones. The scripted dungeons become monotonous very quickly and if you're a thorough dungeon clearer like myself, enemies pose little to no threat on the lower difficulties. What good I can say for it is that I have enjoyed walking through the story with my friends. Having ranged, melee, and healer in a single party with some of your closest friends is truly fun no matter the game. All the basic team elements can be found in this game but the higher difficulties may bring down the enjoyment. Expand
  25. Jun 17, 2012
    Absolutely pathetic, Blizzard. Christ, if this is what gaming is coming to I may have to opt out. Coach purse wielding, croc wearing fad followers are destroying this entire industry.
  26. Jun 20, 2012
    Why this game is the worst game ever ? Because Diablo 3 is not fun. Because rewards are so bad (very bad random affixes, very bad loot tables), because Diablo 3 constantly break players motivation. In term of game design : http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/129852/designing_for_motivation.php?page=3
    Diablo 3 is an one-arm-bandit which make we lose each time. I'm tired to lose and i never pay one cent more for this (neither gold).
    AH and RMAH are Diablo's cancer.
    AH and RMAH are Blizzard's cancer.
    AH and RMAH could be entire industry cancer.
    Financial things are still our world cancer. Don't insert this on our games.

Help gamers and create an account to say this to Blizzard (because we have better chance to be read here than on their censored forums). I hope they'll focus on fun on their next games.
  27. Jun 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. TheDiablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2 in each and every way but one. Cheating. And not just small cheats such as maphacks. You got bots, duplication of items etc. Diablo 3 has been out for 2 months by now, the game is already completely ruined by the cheating and Blizzard stands by the sideline watching, incapable of fixing their own mess. Other than that the game itself is quite good. The story was decent, the gameplay alright. How ever there is something that has been bothering me. Why is it called Diablo 3? This game is nothing like Diablo or Diablo 2. This game should be called World of Diablo.

To sum it all up, I'm glad I traded a f2p mmo account for a D3 key. Otherwise I would have felt ripped off.
    Do yourself a favour. Don't pay for this game, trade something equally useless for it, such as a used paper towel.

In conclusion. This is a Blizzard "Entertainment" product and as such it is highly overrated garbage praised solemnly because it has been developed by Blizzard.
  28. Jun 24, 2012
    This is not Diablo! Theres no old atmosphere, unique atmosphere of Diablo world. Music is not even close to the previous games. Graphic is like in LoL. Poor RPG elements.

Big disappointment!
  29. Jun 29, 2012
    Blizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling notBlizzard should have stuck with Blizzard North. Diablo 3 is a disgrace to the original first two games (and extra expansion) of this series. After completing the game on inferno there's nothing else to do, no re-playability it's insanely boring to farm compared to the first two games. The itemization is so linear, just like WoW, you can't get through act 1 inferno without struggling not having a high end weapon from the end-game. I'm not saying the game is too hard, but the game all depends on the elites that are so unbalanced that it makes the whole game boring to play and you only rely on kiting. The boss fights are great, really fun but after playing it a couple times you just know the rotation of the attacks and again it gets boring.

I've never waited for a game so much in my life, this is really the worst game by Blizzard so far. This game relies way too much on World of Warcraft and not on the actual series. I'm not even gonna start with the auction house where I somehow lost items like a stormshield and never retrieved it because it was lost in the nether and admins couldn't do anything.

I rate this a 0, I'm entirely serious about this score, the game is trash, not fun to play, you can't skip quests, the story is pushed in the gameplay ruining it and it looks like they made everything for mentally disabled players, you can't discover anything by yourself without having something popping up to ruin everything (act 3, Azmodan telling you every single thing that's happening at no particular important moment).

One thing that really bothers me, the wizard teleport, 3 out of 4 times it's gonna glitch on the ground, but worst, there's a cool down on it, so if you use it and it somehow doesn't work you're dead.
  30. Jul 2, 2012
    4 is probably unfair, but I hoped for so much from this game. After less than a month, I entirely stopped playing. I think the short explanation why is the meaningless random loot and the repetitive nature of the end game. The game is pretty and it is easy to drop in and out of games with friends, but it just lacks that loot-crack element to keep me coming back. Fun for a while, but4 is probably unfair, but I hoped for so much from this game. After less than a month, I entirely stopped playing. I think the short explanation why is the meaningless random loot and the repetitive nature of the end game. The game is pretty and it is easy to drop in and out of games with friends, but it just lacks that loot-crack element to keep me coming back. Fun for a while, but not staying power. Expand
  31. Jul 5, 2012
    People expected a new reference for a good dungeon crawler and hack'n'slash game and renewal of the old item hunt formula. Unfortunately this is not what Diablo 3 will represent, instead people will get a game which will keep them entertained for a while until they stumble over the many shortcomings of its design and either continue to play until Blizzard has addressed them
  32. Jul 14, 2012
    Has lots of potential but fails to reward the player enough. Needs more random maps and less random loot. Sound, graphics and general mechanics are good enough.
  33. Jul 15, 2012
    How can anybody give a game a 0/10? I can understand a 1/10 if you hate the game and it is annoying, but a ZERO?!?!? To many, that means it's not a game at all. And my friends, that is exactly what I intend you to hear. Diablo 1 was revolutionary! Diablo 2 was great! What happened?
    Well, shortly before development of this game began, Activision took over Blizzard and a man named Mr. Kotick appeared. Now, anybody who remembers Blizzard remembers that their slogans were "Done when it's ready/SOON" and "By gamers, for gamers." When Kotick took over, they changed their company motto to "A culture of thrift" (Google it), and killed off the real Blizzard.
    So now, we have a "game" that requires internet in all modes, including single player? No big deal! Except, you can't play the game on camping trips, airplanes, business breaks, or anywhere where you can't connect. But, it will get worse when Blizzard eventually decides to discontinue their servers, which they can do at any time and for any reason. So, if you are thinking about buying the game, you had better buy it before they pull the plug. It's not a matter of "if", but WHEN!
    So, why would they do this? They say it was to prevent hacking, but not one hacker I've met has been able to hack a system in offline mode, while several have been able to hack Diablo 3. They say it prevents piracy, but the game has been ripped as well, so that doesn't fly. The real reason that this single player game is not playable offline is because of their Real Money Trading Auction House(RMT.)

So now, Blizzard has implemented the RMT, what does this mean? Well, for them it means money and money and money. They are constantly patching the game in ways to make it harder, thus forcing people to need the RMT items. Every class in the game has been nerfed in short order. Smashing items now increases repair cost, forcing you to buy gold from RMT. The endgame gets so hard in Act III that players who were invincible on the previous act have to revamp their entire character, thus forcing you towards the RMT.
    Diablo 3 is not a game at all. Diablo 3 is Blizzard's boiling frog experiment. You know, where you can boil a frog inside a pot, and the frog doesn't jump out if you raise the temperature slowly enough? If they increase the buying temperature of the endgame by one degree at a time, can they boil you before you notice? I don't know man, but a fool and his money are easily parted. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
  34. Sep 21, 2012
    worst game ever the critics are as full of @*#^ as Blizzard is MAJOR FAIL Blizzard your company needs better writers and a overhaul. if i could do one thing with this game it would be to get my MONEY BACK or PUBLICLY BURN it so that no one will make the same mistake i made.
  35. Sep 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game launched with a lot of problems. A LOT of problems. Broken servers, broken AH, weird performance issues. I play on a heavily overclocked 2500k with Crossfire 6950 GPUs. Day one, horrible stuttering when entering games. I even had stuttering on pre-rendered cinematics, and that bug still exists today. There is a bizarre bug with v-sync that if I ever drop below 60 FPS even for half a second, my FPS either gets cut in half to 30 for several seconds, or keeps going at 60 FPS as if v-sync was suddenly turned of. This turns the game into a juddery piece of s*** when it occurrs and totally ruins the experience. That bug STILL EXISTS TODAY and has been well-documented. How do things like this happen with a game that had the budget they did? I really don't get it.

The game itself is okay. In general the classes are fun to play. The 'story' is a complete travesty. I don't know who wrote this thing, but the story and delivery are on par with something like..."The Room". How many times does Kulle have to telegraph that he's going to betray you by laughing maniacally every time he finishes talking? What really killed the game was itemization. You basically have to win the lottery to find an item that is any good or even worth selling. Inferno was so challenging at launch that most people never made it past act 1. People depended on broken specs and exploits to get through. Botters and exploiters have absolutely ruined the gold economy. Items that would be a solid upgrade for me now cost 50 million gold or higher. There is something truly effed when I can't buy an item that would really be a good upgrade when I'm sitting on 35 million gold. And guess what. You can't gain a lot of gold unless you sell a really kickass item. But wait, remember that the loot rolls are so random that I play a few hours every day with a good amount of MF and find an item that sells for around 10 million gold...oh, about once a month.

Lately, Blizzard has shown some interest in making things better. The 1.05 patch and 1.04 really seem to put forth some effort to improve the experience. However, for many players it's just too little, too late. Seriously, it's months later, and the changes in these last 2 patches should have been what the game launched with. Still no PvP or even word when it should be expected.

I actually still have fun with the game, so that's something. They seem to be committed to fixing the problems and what players don't like. But until that really happens, I can only give this game an average rating. Maybe with the expansion (and we all know one is coming) they will get it right from the start. After the utter s***fest that is Mists of Pandaland, I'm not holding my breath.
  36. Dec 2, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, nice first impression. Very careless changes and maintenance by Blizzard turn the game into a constant source of frustration.
    Every week, your long hours boosting a character, turn to waste due to 'engine balance'.
    Then you spend hours of farming getting awesome items just to login in and see they halved the power of your equipped items. The only way to like this

The only way to like this game is start playing it now; or stop playing after finishing it on easy mode.
    If you, like me, started playing on the release date, that's not possible anymore.
  37. Dec 31, 2012
    Obligatory 0 for online-only DRM. An unforgivable offence. There might be something worth playing under the DRM, but I'd have to pirate it to find out.
  38. May 10, 2013
    I don't think I need to repeat what the whole internet is saying. Some points for the graphics, cinematics and soundtrack. This game took me to the highest highs and the deepest lows (in a very specific segment of my life, of course): most excitement I ever felt about the launch of a game, then gradually but surely descending to the most disappointment I've ever had from a game. Now I justI don't think I need to repeat what the whole internet is saying. Some points for the graphics, cinematics and soundtrack. This game took me to the highest highs and the deepest lows (in a very specific segment of my life, of course): most excitement I ever felt about the launch of a game, then gradually but surely descending to the most disappointment I've ever had from a game. Now I just don't care, uninstalled it. Expand
  39. May 19, 2013
    This is I believe the worst video game of all time, because of its failure to live up to its potential. The game is just NOT FUN. All your upgrades must come from the auction house or crafting.. boring!!!!!!!!!! Its a boring money pit.
  40. Jun 9, 2013
    if you want to buy this game because you enjoyed diablo 2, don't do it.
    diablo 3 is a pretty solid action game (not arpg) and is enjoyable until a certain point, but it suffer from major design flaws.
    if you want to buy this game because you enjoyed diablo 2, don't do it.
    resistance and armor are the same thing, the damage of EVERY skills (physical attack, spell, minion) is based on the main hand weapon dps, if you want to upgrade you gear (after a certain amount of time) you can rely solely on the auction house.
    i would not recommend anyone from buying it, and the reason i give it a 6, is because the gameplay (smashing monsters face) is very good, indeed the only thing that's good about it.
    if i have to describe diablo 3 in one word, it will be: casualfest.
  41. Jul 25, 2013
    After playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game isAfter playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game is frustrating to play. The terrible repetition makes me really sick. Poor game design. The game looks like only for elemental school kids. Expand
  42. Aug 6, 2013
    yes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other coloredyes, sure a bunch of negatives are from the day 1 release issues, but compared to diablo 2, the immersion and spooky elements like fighting the A2 boss are gone. The fckd up the loot, when you find a yellow the first time it's a good feeling, soon you will begin to realize the only times you get good feelings will be when legendaries drop. Thats really all you count on, any other colored items are most likely vendor cash, please don't support Diablo 3, the only reason why it sold so many copies is because it's Blizzard Ent. if anybody else released this same game it wouldn't have sold as much. The title sold, not the game. Game is garbage Expand
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    this game does not deserve a zero 1 or so on this wasnt that bad but was my most dissapointing game ever
    honestly when i finished this game i cried from the dissapointment i loved daiblo 2 so much i had lvl 98 druid i loved every time i killed the cows in the cow lvl but here i had nothing but dissapointment wimsyshire was crap compared to cow lvl boring drops the ending was sloppy aswell i miss the talents the old abilitys and the old hero's the new sorc was so dissapointing no druid just some random guy that looks like he is on crack everything in this game is easy as well the typing is laggy the second bossfight was a random spike all tho was still too easy if i were to say 1 good thing about the game it would be the cutscenes were so good it felt and looked real nothing in this game wants me to keep playing and the comunity is being lost to the better path of exile so 7/10 not good but not bad either
  44. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention thatWow! 3.8 user score........ people be raging... Well let me start off by saying that i played this game from closed beta then played it for about 6 months after release, Blizzard did make some bad decisions, with the Real money AH and making it pay to win... but they did learn the hard way it seems, because they are taking it out of the game entirely. I would also like to mention that diablo 2 had a lot of flaws in it as well and it was much more popular when LOD came out, Reaper of souls is addressing just about every issue that people below have wined and complained about. Even after all the frustration and let downs diablo 3 today is still a game that i play and have over 600 hours of time logged in and i will continue to enjoy for years to come! Expand
  45. Mar 10, 2014
    It has gotten much better with the new patch. Lots of new uniques and no need to ever visit AH. Loads of fun now. Userscore on the site is no longer accurate
  46. Mar 24, 2014
    i was a day one buyer and the game was a disaster even without the online problems, so i try again 21 months later with regret and frustration building up before i play and try again and well i am surprised to find things are much better, loot drops are way better, enemies scale to your level now, jumping into higher difficulties with new games, paragon levels to keep you playing afteri was a day one buyer and the game was a disaster even without the online problems, so i try again 21 months later with regret and frustration building up before i play and try again and well i am surprised to find things are much better, loot drops are way better, enemies scale to your level now, jumping into higher difficulties with new games, paragon levels to keep you playing after L60-70 and some other small things. i still detest always online (most of all), overall short campaign, standard textures, and no camera settings still but things have improved with the more major issues i had with the game ROS i think will be pretty good content even without act V . D3V would have gotten a 2/10 from release but today its 8/10. Expand
  47. Jul 23, 2015
    1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's all I can say about this game. I'm a huge Diablo fan, but even after over a year of fixing, this game isn't as good as D2. The whole time I'm playing it, I feel like I'm playing a tablet game that's trying to sell me gold, or berries, or whatever. Heroes of the Storm has more tactical depth. They DID do a few things right. The mini-boss battles1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's all I can say about this game. I'm a huge Diablo fan, but even after over a year of fixing, this game isn't as good as D2. The whole time I'm playing it, I feel like I'm playing a tablet game that's trying to sell me gold, or berries, or whatever. Heroes of the Storm has more tactical depth. They DID do a few things right. The mini-boss battles are more varied and interesting. The monster abilities are cooler. The monster AI is better. The controls are tighter. It's clear that they were trying. It seems like they were on their way to a good game when management stopped them halfway through and asked them to turn it into Candy Crush.

I had all sorts of trepidation when I heard about the real-money auction house. I knew what they would have to turn the game into in order for the AH to be a big money maker. It turns out those fears were true. I hope now that Blizzard is no longer under Vivendi they can go back to making good games rather than running an elaborate online slot machine.
  48. Feb 18, 2016
    I never was a big fan of Diablo or Blizzard in general, but with all the hype surrounding this game I finally decided to give it a try... and I will probably never return to this series again. It was a linear grind fest. The only good thing is the combat, because that's what you're gonna do all the time - clicking your enemies to death, so the developers had to make sure there's enoughI never was a big fan of Diablo or Blizzard in general, but with all the hype surrounding this game I finally decided to give it a try... and I will probably never return to this series again. It was a linear grind fest. The only good thing is the combat, because that's what you're gonna do all the time - clicking your enemies to death, so the developers had to make sure there's enough customizable abilities to not bore you to death after the first hour. The DRM and unnecessary always-online restriction made it feel like it's a wannabe MMO, I'd rather play Path of Exile if I want that. Exploring the maps felt like a chore, the looting is not rewarding most of the time, 75% of interactive objects are empty, there's no pay off for checking every corner. To me Sacred 2 (which came out 4 years before D3) is far better than this. Some fanboys will argue that it's not the same genre, cause S2 has an open world and D3 is a "dungeon crawler" even though everything else works in almost the same way - from camera angle, tons of loot, hordes of enemies, to combat and skills. I won't be playing future Diablo games for sure if they're gonna stick to this formula of randomly generated areas, **** all your progress on the map if you quit the game" and "always be logged in online to play a singleplayer". What year is this? Expand
  49. May 15, 2012
    Terrible DRM that requires you to be online and then terrible support from Blizzard at keeping the servers online and actually allowing people to play, or better said not allowing since they did piss poor job at making descent servers. No character customization in 2012, arguably Diablo 2 looks better/less blurry at times, no lan, no pvp or proper pvp after they add arena.
    Not a good game.
  50. May 15, 2012
    Really the RMAH kills the game.
    It's the justification for the always online killing modding and LAN.
    The game really isn't long because of this, it may be alright for the 10 or so hours you play, but accept that the RMAH almost directly kills longetivity. I'd wait until the game is piratable or something, because right now it's not worth the money. It's a shame that blizzard has
    Really the RMAH kills the game.
    It's the justification for the always online killing modding and LAN.

I'd wait until the game is piratable or something, because right now it's not worth the money. It's a shame that blizzard has completely turned it's back to the real fans for more money.
  51. Oct 9, 2012

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around theWell after 60+ hours of playing the game I think I can finally conclude that there are way too many problems that are ingrained into the game due to design choices made by Blizzard. The first 10 or so hours were fun, it was new, it was shiny new, but after that it simply went downhill.

It's biggest and most unforgivable flaw is of course the loot drops. They are geared around the entire player population and no longer (like Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2) geared around the individual player, so what you get is total junk loot most of the time which then forces you into their gold or real money auction house to get items that are appropriate for your characters level just so that you can move on in the game.

Sure, some players may have the luck (somebody has to right?) and those items in the auction houses have to come from somewhere, and they do, from the lucky players or the players that have no life and do nothing but grind for hundreds of hours in D3, or from bots that grind just as mercilessly so that they can sell the good loot to real live players for gold (or real money) which they then turn around and sell the gold to the fool players that are willing to buy from 3rd party sites. Anyway, my point is that the loot is geared to drop around the entire population of players else their auction house wouldn't even work for them. So you can either grind for tens or hundreds of hours in hopes that you'll get a decent upgrade or go to the auction house and buy it with some gold or real money.

This directly conflicts with all of the ARPG's that I've ever played and I've played a lot, the whole auction house deal basically takes away the one guilty pleasure of these types of ARPG's which is to find new loot that are upgrades for your character.

Next we have the total respec, where you have no perminence with your character as you can change the skills as often as you change your socks (actually, probably more often) which means there's basically no reason to reroll a new character, just go to the auction house to buy some new gear to accompany your new chosen skills.

All in all this game has been a total and complete let down to both my wife, myself and about 75% of our friends that also bought it. Both my wife and I had been wanting a D3 since Diablo 2 LOD was released and have waited patiently for the past I don't know how many years, 7 or 8 years now. Unfortunately the game is so seriously flawed by poor design decisions by Blizzard developers and there's just no way to fix it as it's prime function for Blizzard is to make a revenue stream out of the auction house. As long as the auction houses remain, the loot drops will be based on total player population and the game will never have that feeling of achievement that you would normally get in games like Diablo 2, Titans Quest, Torchlight 1 & 2, Sacred etc etc etc, the list goes on and on an don.

I originally scored this game a 10, that was 4 hours and 54 minutes into play, it's now Oct, almost 5 months after release and the grind is still there and that is ONLY in HOPES that you might get an upgrade. please take my word for it when I tell you that it's simply not worth it, especially at the $60.00 price tag.

If on the other hand you hurry down to Toys r Us you can pick up Diablo 3 right now for only $9.99 If you buy it for under a 10er, then you'll likely get your moneys worth out of it with one play through, assuming you get loot that let's your character keep moving forward.

I can no longer in good conscience recommend this game to family or friends or even my worst enemies. Expand

52. May 15, 2012
    Regardless of the outdated graphic and gameplay. The worst is 11 hours past , still cant play. Blizzard, you make this game for nine years, nine years! And here comes an unplayable online game? Shame on you!
  53. May 15, 2012
    Can't even install the game after it's been out for a day, It could be understandable from someone else, but for a game that was beta tested for months not to mention an open beta stress test. This is complete BS from one of the "Top" gaming companies, I'm done with blizzard, i charged D3 back on my card and am just done, IDC if they freeze my account they are a **** company.
  54. May 15, 2012
    I'll give this game a 6. Because its a wonderful game, but you can't launch a RPG nowadays that does not let you customize your character's appearance. Preset characters? WTF I expected more from this game in this aspect.
  55. May 15, 2012
    Bad launch, but while playing, I was having a blast! Very Pretty graphics, true to Diablo sounds. Sucks no LAN play, but that's the way of the world these days. When torrenting dies, maybe videogame companies won't be so protective of their property to require always online connection.
  56. May 15, 2012
    I purchased Diablo 3 on the launch and expected a fully functional product at the release. What I got was a game that wasn't working. I spent hours trying to play the game, but it seems like it's impossible to login and play the game, which I payed 60USD for. This is the first time I've purchased a product which I can't use. I am very surprised that Blizzard haven't spent more time withI purchased Diablo 3 on the launch and expected a fully functional product at the release. What I got was a game that wasn't working. I spent hours trying to play the game, but it seems like it's impossible to login and play the game, which I payed 60USD for. This is the first time I've purchased a product which I can't use. I am very surprised that Blizzard haven't spent more time with this game, since it's been a what? 8 year development cycle? How can you release a game filled with bugs and crashes and a non-functional login which makes it impossible to play the game? Oh don't let me start with the PvP and customization aspects they've removed from the game. Expand
  57. May 15, 2012
    Worst diablo i ever played, short and booring. "fail blizzard has so mutch time to make this game good i but they chose their time to makes it boring "
  58. May 15, 2012
    After a few hours of gameplay, I can safely say that Diablo 3 is a fun, minor distraction. It takes me back to my days of playing Gauntlet with my pals. D3 is a mindless, crazy-go-nuts hack-and-slash with some semblance of strategy. Really, it has about the same amount of challenge as its predecessors. I doubt it will keep me amused for long (certainly not as long as I'd hoped), but maybeAfter a few hours of gameplay, I can safely say that Diablo 3 is a fun, minor distraction. It takes me back to my days of playing Gauntlet with my pals. D3 is a mindless, crazy-go-nuts hack-and-slash with some semblance of strategy. Really, it has about the same amount of challenge as its predecessors. I doubt it will keep me amused for long (certainly not as long as I'd hoped), but maybe the future content will be mildly interesting. Of course, given its shaky start, there is simply no telling when exactly that content will come. The connectivity issues are inexcusable; in no way does Blizzard deserve leniency in that regard. It might have been okay with their MMORPG eight years and many millions of dollars ago, but now? No. No, Blizzard. Unacceptable. However, I feel that once that's hammered out this game will equate to several movie's worth of entertainment (about $60) for the average gamer. Mind you, I feel the average gamer isn't going to pay out of pocket for gold and top-of-the-line pvp gear, but then I'm no marketing strategist. I -have- considered the underwhelming customization options and I've concluded that it's an improvement. Sure, they've taken away the skill points, but they have given each skill a lot of variants with which to mix and match. Now that I think about it, how in-depth was D2's skill point system REALLY? I don't know about you, but I always ended up maxing four or five skills and concentrating on those; you see the exact same thing here only they've taken skill-management-regret out of the equation. As per the Diablo design, D3 has a lot of loot variations with randomly generated dungeons and increasing difficulty for future tours. Mechanically, it works. Is it revolutionary? Nah. I was not expecting it to be. Blizzard isn't in the business of 'revolutionary'. BUT... once you sift through the mire of technical issue, you're left with a decently-executed dungeon crawl with potential for fun with groups of friends. Considering that Diablo 3 is free to play (for the most part), there's no harm in checking back in later months to see how patching has improved the experience. Sadly, it's no surprise that the deplorable launch has spread psychotic rage throughout the community, and despite there being a smorgasbord of stats, gear, challenges modes, and difficulty levels, hardcore gamers will not appreciate all the stream-lining. Some attitudes may change when they finally release their pvp content, but, again, who knows when that will be? For me, Diablo 3 would be in-the-green with a 7/10, if not for the incompetent launch and missing features. Certainly not the worst thing I've seen, though, and it may improve over time. Expand
  59. May 15, 2012
    You know, I hate to give this a 1/10... I LOVE Diablo 2, and the original Diablo.... But the sad fact is that this game is really fun.... when you can play it....Attempting to get onto a game that you bought when you first get home... and you cant.. is sad, but okay they want to open the server... even if i want to play single player, i have to wait on the server.
    Next I finally wait to
    Next I finally wait to get online, and cannot... for 2 hours... this even I expected, it was the giant DDOS attack from users spamming the "login" button.
    Sign on this morning, its what I hoped it would be, it has everything Diablo had, and is fun overall, the crafting system, loot, and everything has been improved.
    Next the servers go down after 2 hours of play.... okay fine they are fixing things... so for the next 5-6 hours I wait, and finally get back online, things are great again....
    Then again, server is offline after 2 hours of play.... Seriously? It is only the American server being affected by what they do.
    This is just beyond words. they need to enable us to play offline if we want for SINGLE PLAYER only if this is the way it will be. If we want to play online, then fine, let us have access to the online auction house only with those characters....
    Id say avoid buying this game for a couple weeks to a month until they fix the issues... but its just beyond words with frustration on everything we have to go through as PAYING CUSTOMERS....
  60. May 17, 2012
    This is a console hack and slash on the PC. The story line (Because I loved D1 and D2) is amazing, the cinematic are great, but the game play is really bad. You can use up to 6 spells (I'm guessing this is to make the port to console better?) and the builds have little customization. Mix this with the fact 3 days after launch the servers are still unstable and you get a game that shouldThis is a console hack and slash on the PC. The story line (Because I loved D1 and D2) is amazing, the cinematic are great, but the game play is really bad. You can use up to 6 spells (I'm guessing this is to make the port to console better?) and the builds have little customization. Mix this with the fact 3 days after launch the servers are still unstable and you get a game that should have been a 30 dollar arcade buy on Xbox. I have seen better game play from indy companies after a year of development. Expand
  61. Jul 14, 2012
    When I lost my fourth hardcore character due to d/c I had enough, crappy "always online" in a single-player game. Now I uninstalled Diablo 3 for good, and this was the last time I got a Blizzard game directly at the launch.
  62. May 16, 2012
    Worst Part of the series. Will not work offline, a huge flaw. No innovation, too easy and horrible skill system. Graphics is not state of the art, low textures low animation. There is no innovation in the combatsystem.
  63. May 16, 2012
    Looks like the ragemeters are rising...Trolls abound and impatient people who cant wait a few days to iron out the kinks migrating from a SMALL BETA TO A LARGE, RECORD-BREAKING SALES OF GAMERS CONNECTING TO THE SERVERS!
  64. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 got so much love, it's fun. Just few seconds and you are already in action. You can never get bored. The graphic is polished, always a delight of colours and lights. You can choose to level up your crafting skill, but it's not mandatory.
    If there is a little bad point is the chat not visible while not playing. I loved chatting in D2 or WC3 while out of the battle, I don't get why they changed it.
  65. May 16, 2012
    Great game, really awesome graphics. Countless hours of replay. Love the sound and voice acting. Very fun. I can understand why it's so popular. GAME OF THE YEAR.
  66. May 16, 2012
    Unlike past games in the Diablo series, you as a player are left completely out of Blizzard's equation. Your money, however, is not. With the design of the auction house, and the 60 dollar price tag for an incomplete game (11th hour removal of PVP to be released later. Granted, PVP in Diablo was never that great, but, huh?) it's pretty obvious that they're trying to take as much of yourUnlike past games in the Diablo series, you as a player are left completely out of Blizzard's equation. Your money, however, is not. With the design of the auction house, and the 60 dollar price tag for an incomplete game (11th hour removal of PVP to be released later. Granted, PVP in Diablo was never that great, but, huh?) it's pretty obvious that they're trying to take as much of your money possible with as poor of a product that they can feasibly manage. Aside from a monthly subscription, this game was constructed from beginning to end out of a playbook to maximize addiction and minimize reward. In other words, Koreans will love it.

So you've already spent your money? That's fine. You get to click things, and, like Diablo 1 and 2, the first few sections are actually quite fun. However, by the time you've reached the second act, the world will have grown stale, and the old monsters you were clicking on will be replaced by new monsters to click on. It's a gameplay style that grows old fast, and even though I haven't played a point-and-click hacknslash for years, it felt just as boring as the day I put down the last one.

In conclusion, Diablo 3 is a boring game meant to take your money if you have an addictive personality. There is no fun here, only grind.
  67. May 16, 2012
    Its amazing to see this battle of near perfect scores vs. reviews of zero. This fourm dosen't actually rate diablo 3, but seems to suggest to me more of the caliber of person that posts their review on Metacritic. I know that your frustrated that you had to wait on game release day to play online, but really? Go for a walk and realize that these are just temporary problems that will beIts amazing to see this battle of near perfect scores vs. reviews of zero. This fourm dosen't actually rate diablo 3, but seems to suggest to me more of the caliber of person that posts their review on Metacritic. I know that your frustrated that you had to wait on game release day to play online, but really? Go for a walk and realize that these are just temporary problems that will be fixed in a few hours. I experienced the same problem, and logged on later at night. So far, i'm really impressed with Diablo 3. The gameplay is quite engaging and the new weapons damage indicating the spell power system is quite rewarding. I find that finding that perfect damage dealing weapon is ever more emphasized than is making sure a large number is in a spell stat that might not even be useful in later levels. Please, people. Get back on track. Despite a hickup in the launch this game is a lot of fun and will continue to serve as a great sequel for years to come. Expand
  68. May 16, 2012
    The graphics and audio are good, the game is fun to play. The game is well balance and I will replay it Diablo 3 several time like I did for 1 and 2, good job !!!
  69. May 16, 2012
    A nicely balanced hack and slash dungeon crawler. The graphics aren't anything special though and the gameplay has been seen before quite a lot of times. Though if you enjoy this genre of games, you'll enjoy this.
  70. May 16, 2012
    I find it amusing how everyone gave it horrible ratings because of opening night and not being able to log in. Was expected in my book. I absolutely love the game. The new skills are a change from Diablo 2, but I didn't come here to play Diablo 2's overpowered skill sets and I am not going to compare this game to World of Warcraft or Starcraft like the other idiots do.

Anyways, the

Anyways, the story is great so far and keeps me wanting to play more to see what happens. I like the flow of the game and the mechanics seem quite balanced. The graphics are not too shabby for a side scroll top down sorta thing mode and are improved slightly from the engine they used for Starcraft 2.

Overall, I am very pleased to have gotten my collectors edition and can't wait for any expansions to be following the D3 line or any other Blizzard game line. Keep up the good work and next time, be more prepared on opening night so you get better user rating :P
  71. May 16, 2012
    I am a huge Diablo fan but I refuse to buy Diablo 3 because off the draconian DRM. I live in South Africa. Blizzard won't put up a server here so I have to play on EU where I get a latency of 250ms on good days. This isn't how the game was meant to be played. If I could authenticate online and then play offline I would have bought the game. But Blizzard didn't give me this option and asI am a huge Diablo fan but I refuse to buy Diablo 3 because off the draconian DRM. I live in South Africa. Blizzard won't put up a server here so I have to play on EU where I get a latency of 250ms on good days. This isn't how the game was meant to be played. If I could authenticate online and then play offline I would have bought the game. But Blizzard didn't give me this option and as such they lost my sale. Expand
  72. May 16, 2012
    The game is good, but feels way too carebear. Instead of having like 50 people having 50 different types of characters in the same class, you have 50 people having more like 3 types of characters in the same class. Most of the blame lies with how much this game generation tries to hold the player's hand while they play the game. This one is no different in that regard. Apart from thatThe game is good, but feels way too carebear. Instead of having like 50 people having 50 different types of characters in the same class, you have 50 people having more like 3 types of characters in the same class. Most of the blame lies with how much this game generation tries to hold the player's hand while they play the game. This one is no different in that regard. Apart from that though, it is still a fun game. Servers were messy the first couple days, but that is to be expected in such an anticipated game like this. People are way too quick in whining about the servers being down as you can't predict how stable servers are going to be no matter how much you prepare for it which is what people fail to realize. They probably could have kept the open beta going longer and got more data for it to use for release day, but I'm sure after a week of it being released, everything will settle down and will be fine from there on out.

I don't like how the game is only 4 acts long. For a game that has been in development for this long, you would think they would try to squeeze as much as they could into this game and throw in at least 5 total acts. Hopefully an expansion won't be too far off and we won't have to wait too long for it.
  73. Jun 6, 2012
    Been playing for a while now. Long story short, core gameplay is brilliant. Sadly that's it. The story is woeful, the game runs like an mmo, but unlike wow, this isn't transparent, and also has frequent 'scheduled' server maintenance. Gameplay is often effected by lag. The most offensive failure of this game though is the loot system. Just like wow, the gameplay is very loot sensitive.Been playing for a while now. Long story short, core gameplay is brilliant. Sadly that's it. The story is woeful, the game runs like an mmo, but unlike wow, this isn't transparent, and also has frequent 'scheduled' server maintenance. Gameplay is often effected by lag. The most offensive failure of this game though is the loot system. Just like wow, the gameplay is very loot sensitive. Drops in the game however are pretty much always below your level, and don't have your stats. Instead, the only practical place to get in game loot is via the AUCTION HOUSE, which is not even in the main game. And will allow real money soon. Go figure. The fact that loot that drops while you're playing is effectively pointless apart from selling on the ah is unforgivable given that its a core system of gameplay.. enough to bring down 11/10 gameplay to a below average title of crap. With strings attached. Expand
  74. May 24, 2012
    DRM is pathetic, im was not mad on DRM im ok with little lags i think they fix that but when my account and lot other people got HACKED because of Diablo 3 security foult this end here payed 69$ for what ? 4 days of waisting time and get HACKED ? DRM is just ridiculous and need single-player, changed my 10 score to 1
  75. May 17, 2012
    hmmm 88/100 critic and 3.7 user, this is obviously because of the servers. BUT, Diablo 3 is actually a sub-par game. It didn't go through as what it was meant to be, if it takes a game company 11 years to develop they obviously had no passion for making the game, and it shows
  76. May 17, 2012
    Ben playing it for 9 hours now and is on Act 3 now, and I have to say that I really like this game and also hate it in some regards. The game itself is fine, but when it comes to the "always online" system then it fails. Lets say you have a bad internet connection, then you will start to have small problems when it comes to lag.. Anway 7/10
  77. May 17, 2012
    Ignore the low user scores, the majority of players are too busy enjoying this great game to correct the haters who have been trying to destroy the name of the awesome universe that is Diablo 3. Message to haters: Read the minimum system requirements before purchase! Thankyou Blizzard for yet another masterpiece, now it's time for me to log back in!! :)
  78. May 17, 2012
    The reviews that have come in so far are awfully repetitive. Like they've all been coached on the same OCD aspie game forum. The game, quite simply, isn't nearly a 3.8. Gamers will literally shoot down anything today, no matter how finely polished and well made. I don't think PC gamers deserve good games anymore. After the fiasco whiny gamers made in the wake of the Mass Effect 3The reviews that have come in so far are awfully repetitive. Like they've all been coached on the same OCD aspie game forum. The game, quite simply, isn't nearly a 3.8. Gamers will literally shoot down anything today, no matter how finely polished and well made. I don't think PC gamers deserve good games anymore. After the fiasco whiny gamers made in the wake of the Mass Effect 3 release, I finally get it; the games will never be good enough. The aspies will always complain. "Not enough ridiculous attributes and skill points for me to obsess over!" "I can't make my character look just like my furry acceptance forum avatar!" "People with lives, jobs and money can afford to participate in auctions that my horded lunch money can't match!"

This is insane. I've played the game as a Barbarian up to level 10 so far and it has been absolute blast. Diablo 3 is just like the old school dungeon crawlers where you just run around smashing skeletons and barrels and boosting your loot. That's it. So your screen isn't almost completely full of little buttons with unique spells or skills or whatever-the-hell. Who cares? It's a lot more fun that way for the rest of us "casuals", or basically 90% of the burgeoning game market.

And guess what? The "consoletards" that prefer a more streamlined, intense gaming experience are not wrong. The "decline" of PC gaming as seen by aspies who prefer clutter and lots of variables to obsess over, can easily be seen as a new era of awesome by those of us who prefer a cinematic experience without a lot of BS.

There are a few things that make me groan: the always-online DRM, the graphics are a little plain. But those things haven't hindered my experience wasting zombies en masse one bit. Get over yourselves, nerds.
  79. May 17, 2012
    Was not really excited with this game after playing the beta but boy was i wrong. This is the most fun and addictive rpg i have played in a while. I was hoping for maybe a slightly longer game, but the difficulties and future expansions will keep me playing this game for a long time .

I will probably get hated for writing this, but i am GLAD for the DRM. The worst part about diablo 2 for me was all the hackers/modders making bots while they are at work. The DRM should help prevent alot of haacking and bots which will save the auction house :) LOVE THIS GAME
  80. May 18, 2012
    This game is average at best and I don't count the problems caused by the always-online play. First as an ordinary RPG it is really short, linear and too simple. Character customization is next to none, then there are no skill trees. The cinematics are good, but the in-game graphics are not impressive. The plot in general is good, but characters and dialogues are quite bland. The UI isThis game is average at best and I don't count the problems caused by the always-online play. First as an ordinary RPG it is really short, linear and too simple. Character customization is next to none, then there are no skill trees. The cinematics are good, but the in-game graphics are not impressive. The plot in general is good, but characters and dialogues are quite bland. The UI is surprisingly mediocre, given that Blizzard are also the makers of WoW. The multiplayer is supposed to be a big selling point, but it is really lacking. All the things that are well done in WoW are bad in Diablo - there is no voice chat, the chat system is extremely limited, the AH interface is lacking. There is no PVP as of yet, they say it'll be added at a later date, but why the hell, they had plenty of time. There is no synergy between the hero classes, you all just dish out your damage and try to stay alive. Add to that the little content this game has I can't really see the replay value. Yes, on higher difficulties mobs will be a bit stronger and you will get a bit stronger items to be able to fight them, but where is the fun in that? It is still the same 10-hours-of-playtime content you already know.
    I think Blizzard really just wanted to cash-in on the franchise and did half-assed job on this one. There are much, much better RPGs and Online RPGs out there.
  81. May 18, 2012
    There is nothing wrong with Diablo when you look it at for what it is. It's a basic hack slash, looting, RPG. In that respect, it can be fun. The problem with it lies in the fact that its predecessors, the ones that generated all the fans, sport a superior RPG model. The lack character customization may help casual gamers who purchased the title out of hype, but majority of playersThere is nothing wrong with Diablo when you look it at for what it is. It's a basic hack slash, looting, RPG. In that respect, it can be fun. The problem with it lies in the fact that its predecessors, the ones that generated all the fans, sport a superior RPG model. The lack character customization may help casual gamers who purchased the title out of hype, but majority of players buying this game day one are not casual, or were actively looking for a great RPG based on the pedigree of the series. Also, lack of customization limits how invested a player will be in the game. Combine that with dated visuals, and repetitive game play, you have an easily forgettable title that many will drop after a month of play. Simply put, this game was in development so long that the gaming industry blew by it. Expand
  82. May 18, 2012
    It's drastically simplified from Diablo 2. Many complicated but interesting features from 2 have been taken out. So I guess beginners can have more fun while hardcore players would have less. It's still quite fun and addicting, though it didn't fully live up to my expectation.
  83. May 20, 2012
    Most of us are acting on emotion while reviewing Diablo 3. We need to take in consideration that DRM is a bit like Politics. We hate it sometimes, but it's there for a reason. I play games off-line, I play single player. Sure, I spent quite a lot of time online as well, but I do not like being forced to play online. It's a matter of personal preference. So, let me put it out of the way,Most of us are acting on emotion while reviewing Diablo 3. We need to take in consideration that DRM is a bit like Politics. We hate it sometimes, but it's there for a reason. I play games off-line, I play single player. Sure, I spent quite a lot of time online as well, but I do not like being forced to play online. It's a matter of personal preference. So, let me put it out of the way, Blizzard made a huge mistake with their online-only stance, but with their pedigree, I'm sure they will iron out the problems in due time. Now, on to the review of the actual game (error 37 not included).

Diablo 3 brings something new to the table for ARPGs. A complete reworking of the RPG part in your ARPG. When your character level up, the stats are applied automatically, and you unlock new abilities or runes which change how these abilities work. And since you can only use 1 ability of each tree (varies according to your class), you have usually 6 abilities at your disposal and a huge amount of combination that can change the type of character you are. For example, the Demon Hunter can be a beast when fighting swarm of enemies with one combination or a boss killer with another combination.

Graphics and Sounds are below average in my honest opinion. The music is not memorable, the combat sound is great, the graphics well it's decent but could have been better, and the combat animation just fail horribly. Animation varies according to your ability rather than which weapon is equipped. So don't be surprised to see a wizard wield a 2h sword like a golf club when casting spell. Also, it doesn't make any sense for a lot of characters to be able to use some weapons, when they don't even have the ability or animation to use them like the Monk.

Gameplay is amazing thanks to the revamped RPG system. Dungeons are grim (Act 1 had some of the best dungeons in the game), the world is beautifully designed though a bit small compared to the likes of Sacred 2 or Titan Quest. The boss fights are amazing; Act 2's end boss is just a runner up for one of the best boss battle in an ARPG. Loot are plentiful to find, and with a little bit of help from equipment with X% of finding magical items, you bet your gold coins you will pick up some wonderful things on a regular basis.

Now the story. First, let me say this. I don't like Leah. She looks like a little girl from an japanese cartoon or anime. Are you telling me that's the best character design blizzard could come up with for the woman that grew up with Deckard "Stay a while and Listen" Cain? Also, why is she not a be more, you know, badass having to live with that old man since her childhood? Tyrael is awesome, Adria is one milf, the side kicks are fun to have around except for that sorceress who suffers from innocent-flower-syndrome, and Lyndon is just too awesome for his mustache. Overall, the story doesn't let you down provided you pay attention to all the details so that you don't end up asking silly questions like "is Diablo a lady?".

To conclude, it's a good game. It has awful DRM. And probably deserves the 0 it's receiving, but it's unfair towards the people who designed this game to just rate down the game based on strong emotions. It's justified. We paid for a product, we expect to be able to use said product. But that said, think of the developers. They are not our enemies; corporate greed is.
  84. May 19, 2012
    Look at all the sheep defending always online drm bleeting that angry consumers are entitled whiners. Tell me, if pokemon, halo or GTA had always online drm would you bend over and let them ass rape you as long as they put in an auction house? Screw D3 and the blizz fanboys. Enjoy your server crashes, connection failures, lost game progress, gold farmers and lag monsters.
  85. May 19, 2012
    just to clarify,this is diablo,it feels exactly the same,you'll hate it at the end of the night and then load it up first thing next day,(although some bosses actually require you to move the player about).good choice of characters and lots of drops,only bad thing to say is graphics are a bit underwhelming but if you like diablo 2 you will enjoy.

also reeading reviews i thought it would

also reeading reviews i thought it would be a totally linear follow a track on smal maps,this isnt true,the cathederal is bigger than any diablo 2 map.
  86. May 19, 2012
    I am rating this game FAIRLY, but 6/10 means I probably won't buy any more Activision products. Another great company corrupted by humongous mega-corporations with all their "focus groups" and "market research".

The game itself was unplayable the first 3 days of launch even single player. That is absurd. To make matters worse, the game is a super easy snoozefest up until you fight

To make matters worse, the game is a super easy snoozefest up until you fight Diablo, and they made him ridiculously hard to kill. Boy, getting snared, then have diablo instantly teleport to you with no animation and 1 shot is fun??

So thanks for ruining another great franchise, activision / EA.
  87. May 20, 2012
    Well... It had been a lng time since I pre-ordered a game before... now I remember why !
    The game itself is pretty average, good looking without being astonishing, gameplay is like previous Diablos, you know what to expect.
    But the glitches linked to in permanent Internet connection required are not acceptable (and I haven't even tried to play for the first 4 days) : - 6 hours to change the language of my game (french dub is just bad) - a pre-configuration on US servers while I'm in Europe (oh you can't add me as a contact... crap I'm on US, I'll change my server... oh I need to restart my character, yay !)
    - Can't load my game (6 days after the release)
    - Laaaaaggggg ! Even in solo game ! I often experience freezes, with my character restarting a few steps behind, and in coop it's even worse !
  88. May 20, 2012
    Gameplay wise, Diablo 3 definitely achieves what it set out too. The combat is fast, visceral and an awful lot of fun. The character classes are diverse and the abilities and loot come as thick and fast as you could wish. Areas and enemies alike are diverse and it is constantly a pleasure to gaze upon a new environment as you peel away at the fog of war.
    The Acts of the game are enjoyable
    The Acts of the game are enjoyable and while the story is certainly formulaic, it provides enough traction to keep you going through the thousands of demons you will slay.

Multiplayer and the various difficulty levels also give great incentive to come back, although ultimately the majority of game owners are not likely to keep going with the game past a couple of play through's.

It's such a shame then that such a compelling package has been forced into a completely flawed distribution system. While the game its self is great, the fact that it is completely unplayable without being logged into Blizzards battle.net system ruins the immersion. For a single-player game at it's heart, to have lag and even be kicked out of your ongoing game because of a connection issue is not acceptable in this day and age.

What truly is the straw that breaks the camels back however, is the very poor customer service from Blizzard. Since launch the game has been plagued by lack-luster server stability and poor resource management meaning thousands were unable to play. Furthermore at time of writing the Blizzard servers are down again and the official word on the forums is "no word yet on a fix". For a company that runs the most successful MMO in history, such poor infrastructure and customer service can only be the result of poor management. While these problems may be fixed in the future; as a game it works but right now Diablo 3 is a resounding failure as a product.
  89. May 20, 2012
    I'm just shoking by this game... The gameplay and the background are cool and the game really addictive.But com on what's wrong with Blizzard... Online DRM? no possibility to play offline??? And worst unstable server.

You can't have a day without a maintenance, a shut down and more again. Blizzard has lot of money , lot of teammates and they re not able to find an issue to that. I m really disappoint by them and will think before buy another game product by them
  90. May 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Did I buy the "My little pony" edition? If you want a good diablo game, do yourself a favor and forget this one existed. The difficulty settings are ridiculously easy, my first 3 intense days of gaming didn't meet any significant challenge ; the environment and enemies seem to come straight out of a disney movie. The only thing it has in common with its predecessors is part of its name. Expand
  91. May 21, 2012
    I had mixed experience during and after playing. It's not as perfect as previous Blizz games. Too expensive for 15 hours of play for finishing main plot on normal. Game play is linear without any freedom. Almost none of off main plot quest. Next difficulty levels are almost the same with boosted item stats. I don't think I'm willing to go through all the same again and again to finishI had mixed experience during and after playing. It's not as perfect as previous Blizz games. Too expensive for 15 hours of play for finishing main plot on normal. Game play is linear without any freedom. Almost none of off main plot quest. Next difficulty levels are almost the same with boosted item stats. I don't think I'm willing to go through all the same again and again to finish inferno. It's rather for no lives game without any sense for me (maybe for PvP in future). Game play is addicted for sure especially with friends but I'm not sure if it is enough for keeping players base for long. Graphics and music are quite good, wow - like style - if one likes WoW and other Blizz games this style is for him. For games being under development for so long time it is first Blizz fall down. Expand
  92. May 21, 2012
    OK, first off, ignore the bad user review. All of those people are complaining because of DRM, launch day server issues and inferiority for Diablo 2, not to do with the game at all.

The game runs very smoothly, and while the graphics aren't ground-breaking, the effects are nice looking and the game generally looks very good. The sound and the story, and especially the multiplayer functions are also very good.

The game is just fun. while it may not be as in-depth Diablo 2, it's still a great game, with a lot of replayability
  93. Jul 6, 2012
    Huge disappointment. Game is severely lacking on content & story. The amount of item affixes is absolutely pathetic. There are only a handful of useful skills the rest are complete rubbish on inferno difficulty. This was a total money grab on Blizzard's behalf. The addition of the RMAH destroyed this game. Want a upgrade? Look forward to spending 60+ hours farming gold, or spendingHuge disappointment. Game is severely lacking on content & story. The amount of item affixes is absolutely pathetic. There are only a handful of useful skills the rest are complete rubbish on inferno difficulty. This was a total money grab on Blizzard's behalf. The addition of the RMAH destroyed this game. Want a upgrade? Look forward to spending 60+ hours farming gold, or spending $250.00 in real life money on digital pixels. Save the $60.00 folks. Blizzard's reputation is permanently blemished after this catastrophe. Expand
  94. May 21, 2012
    Hey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the gameHey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the game requiring internet connection and rates the game with zero (he probably didn't even get in yet O.o). Why does he buy a game when it expressly says all over the internet for yeaaaaaars that this is gonna be the way that D3 is. Another guy rates with 1 because of graphics AND sounds? O.o Graphics are amazing, it's Blizzard style, so yea, it's a little cartoonish, if you don't like it, your loss. Again, you shouldn't have purchased the game in the first place, videos and images are all over the internet. Not that graphics were really ever any issue if the game is fun, right? And Diablo III is funny as HELL! When it comes to sounds, few games sound better, really. I must admit that soundtrack ain't no Elder Scrolls style nor quality, it's not bad, it doesn't bother but you'll barely notice the music except for a few exceptions. The sound effects on the other hand are fabulous! Every bash and smash (talking 'bout Barbs here), every meteor and blizzard (guess;) sounds just how it should sound and more. There's one thing you have to keep in mind, Diablo III is still a loot-oriented action RPG, right? So if you never enjoyed Diablo II, chances are you won't like D3 either, although it's not a rule in this case. Diablo has seriously evolved in the last twelve years and you'll notice right as you jump into the game. Each level feels rewarding, you have nearly unlimited skill customization options, you steer your character's stats through gearing differently instead of manually distributing points each level. All in all, although I had had my doubt before they released the game, it's better. Every character of a certain class is absolutely the same at the top level, if standing naked with no skills assigned. But when gear and your preferences with spells kick in, you get a completely different character than others have. You can easily switch between solo oriented skill set and party set. There's so much to explore that one playthrough is never enough. Then there is a guy here claiming that normal mode playthrough takes 2 hours, well... even the first act takes double that time if you're rushing, if you're taking it leisurely to actually have some fun along the way, it takes about 6 hours. Anyway, for all of you who aren't retarded and don't buy games that don't suit you when you know they won't, Diablo III is out there, go play and see for yourself. Blizzard did it again! :) Expand
  95. Fix
    May 21, 2012
    This game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected toThis game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected to the internet regardless. Also, playing solo isn't nearly as fun as playing in a group. Expand
  96. X19
    May 22, 2012
    I won't lie. This game has issues that shouldn't exist. It is overpriced for what you're getting, especially when comparing it to other titles in the genre. The graphics don't fit the game's theme. Voice acting is sub-par for the most part. The story holds little interest. The leveling makes Skyrim's leveling look complex, meaning it's really really linear. It takes up +10 GB on your HDDI won't lie. This game has issues that shouldn't exist. It is overpriced for what you're getting, especially when comparing it to other titles in the genre. The graphics don't fit the game's theme. Voice acting is sub-par for the most part. The story holds little interest. The leveling makes Skyrim's leveling look complex, meaning it's really really linear. It takes up +10 GB on your HDD or SSD. It REQUIRES constant internet connection to play. Not to mention the fact that it's prone to crash due to so many random errors. So why buy it? There's no reason to buy it. You're not missing any anything. I don't recommend this for anyone. But why did I give it a 6? Because it's still fun. Mindless fun, but fun all the same. The loot is still there and it's still addicting. I enjoyed my time with this game despite it's flaws and Blizzard's paranoia for using extreme measures to stop pirating. Would I buy it again? No. Do I wish I could get my money back? Absolutely. Expand
  97. May 22, 2012
    I don't get it why this game get such low scores of users.The game's story is all right, battling enemies is fun (especially in co-op) and it has a high re-playability. Sure, the server has been down some times and the single player requires an internet connection (which is somewhat stupid) but I just don't get the low scores. Maybe a lot of D1 + D2 fans did expect far more from thisI don't get it why this game get such low scores of users.The game's story is all right, battling enemies is fun (especially in co-op) and it has a high re-playability. Sure, the server has been down some times and the single player requires an internet connection (which is somewhat stupid) but I just don't get the low scores. Maybe a lot of D1 + D2 fans did expect far more from this sequel, but I (as a new player to Diablo but not to Blizzard games) rate this game an 8 because it looks good and plays good, with just some damn small issues... Expand
  98. May 22, 2012
    This is a huge disappointment for all hardcore gamers.The major problem is simplified casual gameplay oriented on non-gamers. And its complement with lots of minor issues from absurd DRM policy to outdated graphics and step back in terms of general design.
  99. May 23, 2012
    Fantastic game. Beautiful graphics, story, voice acting and gameplay. Less than perfect due to the DRM affecting ongoing gameplay (network lag when I'm playing single player... seriously?).

These zero scores make me laugh.
  100. May 25, 2012
    I was willing to give this game a fair score...until my account was breached and charcater and all progress deleted...they say it's the users fault, i disagree. if i'm compromised that means my bank account, email accounts, facebook, paypal, ebay, other mmo's, etc, etc. should also be compromised right? as far as i know diablo 3 is the only game for this to happen to me. even my emailI was willing to give this game a fair score...until my account was breached and charcater and all progress deleted...they say it's the users fault, i disagree. if i'm compromised that means my bank account, email accounts, facebook, paypal, ebay, other mmo's, etc, etc. should also be compromised right? as far as i know diablo 3 is the only game for this to happen to me. even my email account wasn't compromised for the hacker to get into my account because it's been 3 days after the incident and my computer and personal info is doing just fine. i just love how it's always the users fault right?

the game's ok, fun but since day 1 release there's been nothing but server problems, auction house problems, and 40+ hours of gameplay was deleted from my account due to a hacking...that's lovely for paying $60.

Game's too short, not even an infinite dungeon, story is bland and graphics resemble WoW which is so lame and childish.

1. Aug 31, 2012