4.0

1. May 20, 2012
    Well... It had been a lng time since I pre-ordered a game before... now I remember why !
    The game itself is pretty average, good looking without being astonishing, gameplay is like previous Diablos, you know what to expect.
    But the glitches linked to in permanent Internet connection required are not acceptable (and I haven't even tried to play for the first 4 days) : - 6 hours to change the language of my game (french dub is just bad) - a pre-configuration on US servers while I'm in Europe (oh you can't add me as a contact... crap I'm on US, I'll change my server... oh I need to restart my character, yay !)
    - Can't load my game (6 days after the release)
    - Laaaaaggggg ! Even in solo game ! I often experience freezes, with my character restarting a few steps behind, and in coop it's even worse !
  2. May 20, 2012
    Gameplay wise, Diablo 3 definitely achieves what it set out too. The combat is fast, visceral and an awful lot of fun. The character classes are diverse and the abilities and loot come as thick and fast as you could wish. Areas and enemies alike are diverse and it is constantly a pleasure to gaze upon a new environment as you peel away at the fog of war.
    The Acts of the game are enjoyable
    The Acts of the game are enjoyable and while the story is certainly formulaic, it provides enough traction to keep you going through the thousands of demons you will slay.

Multiplayer and the various difficulty levels also give great incentive to come back, although ultimately the majority of game owners are not likely to keep going with the game past a couple of play through's.

It's such a shame then that such a compelling package has been forced into a completely flawed distribution system. While the game its self is great, the fact that it is completely unplayable without being logged into Blizzards battle.net system ruins the immersion. For a single-player game at it's heart, to have lag and even be kicked out of your ongoing game because of a connection issue is not acceptable in this day and age.

What truly is the straw that breaks the camels back however, is the very poor customer service from Blizzard. Since launch the game has been plagued by lack-luster server stability and poor resource management meaning thousands were unable to play. Furthermore at time of writing the Blizzard servers are down again and the official word on the forums is "no word yet on a fix". For a company that runs the most successful MMO in history, such poor infrastructure and customer service can only be the result of poor management. While these problems may be fixed in the future; as a game it works but right now Diablo 3 is a resounding failure as a product.
  3. May 20, 2012
    I'm just shoking by this game... The gameplay and the background are cool and the game really addictive.But com on what's wrong with Blizzard... Online DRM? no possibility to play offline??? And worst unstable server.

You can't have a day without a maintenance, a shut down and more again. Blizzard has lot of money , lot of teammates and they re not able to find an issue to that. I m really disappoint by them and will think before buy another game product by them
  4. May 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Did I buy the "My little pony" edition? If you want a good diablo game, do yourself a favor and forget this one existed. The difficulty settings are ridiculously easy, my first 3 intense days of gaming didn't meet any significant challenge ; the environment and enemies seem to come straight out of a disney movie. The only thing it has in common with its predecessors is part of its name. Expand
  5. May 22, 2012
    This is a huge disappointment for all hardcore gamers.The major problem is simplified casual gameplay oriented on non-gamers. And its complement with lots of minor issues from absurd DRM policy to outdated graphics and step back in terms of general design.
  6. May 25, 2012
    I was willing to give this game a fair score...until my account was breached and charcater and all progress deleted...they say it's the users fault, i disagree. if i'm compromised that means my bank account, email accounts, facebook, paypal, ebay, other mmo's, etc, etc. should also be compromised right? as far as i know diablo 3 is the only game for this to happen to me. even my emailI was willing to give this game a fair score...until my account was breached and charcater and all progress deleted...they say it's the users fault, i disagree. if i'm compromised that means my bank account, email accounts, facebook, paypal, ebay, other mmo's, etc, etc. should also be compromised right? as far as i know diablo 3 is the only game for this to happen to me. even my email account wasn't compromised for the hacker to get into my account because it's been 3 days after the incident and my computer and personal info is doing just fine. i just love how it's always the users fault right?

the game's ok, fun but since day 1 release there's been nothing but server problems, auction house problems, and 40+ hours of gameplay was deleted from my account due to a hacking...that's lovely for paying $60.

Game's too short, not even an infinite dungeon, story is bland and graphics resemble WoW which is so lame and childish.
  7. Jun 1, 2012
    Utter garbage. Terrible story, graphics look about 7 years old, half-baked gameplay mechanics and absolutely no atmosphere. Looks and plays like a Saturday morning cartoon for 4 year olds. The whole thing is just a thinly-veiled cash cow with the real money auction house just a glorified pay-to-win institution. Looks like almost every critic reviewer has been paid off by Activi$ionUtter garbage. Terrible story, graphics look about 7 years old, half-baked gameplay mechanics and absolutely no atmosphere. Looks and plays like a Saturday morning cartoon for 4 year olds. The whole thing is just a thinly-veiled cash cow with the real money auction house just a glorified pay-to-win institution. Looks like almost every critic reviewer has been paid off by Activi$ion Bli$$ard as well. RIP Bli$$ard. Expand
  8. Jun 12, 2012
    I've gotten my wizard well into Inferno. (Despite being female myself, I picked the male wizard because the woman's voice was incredibly grating. Hers was the only voice acting that I actively loathed.) When asked about the game overall, I'd say, "eh, ok." The story is painfully short, and your character makes virtually no difference, and has no choices to make. At this point, I expectI've gotten my wizard well into Inferno. (Despite being female myself, I picked the male wizard because the woman's voice was incredibly grating. Hers was the only voice acting that I actively loathed.) When asked about the game overall, I'd say, "eh, ok." The story is painfully short, and your character makes virtually no difference, and has no choices to make. At this point, I expect games to offer me some choices, even in a survival game. On the other hand, I found my character likable and sometimes witty. (I felt stuck with the templar companion - and he's intensely irritating. The Scoundrel grew on me, but was useless by Inferno, & the Enchantress was like nails on a chalkboard. Pink nails.) Blizzard asks you to replay the same story over and over and over - which I assume everyone knows & expected, but it got VERY old for me. As for game play & challenge, Hell was the most fun - it was fine solo. (I also played with friends & family - never the public games.) Inferno is hard, as everyone says, but mainly, annoying. Mobs have random spells - wasps buzz around bubbled & linked & spitting flames (if they did this in real life, I'd be off the planet.) I felt very limited trying to balance health & damage - it just wasn't fun, & didn't feel like using the character to the fullest - at the very time you WANT to be using all your abilities. Auction House - I hate that you have to buy gear, can't earn it other than gathering gold. Worst of all - recently they made General Chat mandatory. Before I can type "/leave general," I'm hit with gold spam. (I assume they're selling the items stolen off hacked accounts?) Every time you log in, you get hit with this, and have to leave chat (this gives plenty of time for gold sellers to spam you.) If battle.net changes this, good, but too late. Even so, after round 3, the auction house was still more interesting than the game. By the end, I felt the first round should have been optional. Nightmare felt utterly pointless and should have been either the first round, or nothing. Hell was the best - inferno is just a pain. The strategy seemed to be - "Well, I can't kite here - have to reload." I didn't mind the old fashioned styling, really - it felt like being back in an old Ultima. The armor dyes were pretty lousy, though. In conclusion - I don't hate the game - I surely don't love it. I might fiddle around on my wizard if I'm bored, but nothing could inspire me to run another character through. For one thing, the classes aren't all that different - even between ranged & melee. For another - I couldn't face cycling through that story again. Most of all, I don't want to be focused solely on buying-selling gear, and that seems to be the utter core of the game. And real money? Ha! I don't THINK so! In all, it held my attention for about a week. Expand
  9. Jun 16, 2012
    After a few weeks of play now, the end feeling is disapointment. The game is a total relentless grind with little OMG moments to make the journey really worth it. They should have tweaked the difficulty levels more so that as you progress into harder modes, you got something for your efforts - extra content? something that is more than just a mirror run with harder mobs. The way the elitesAfter a few weeks of play now, the end feeling is disapointment. The game is a total relentless grind with little OMG moments to make the journey really worth it. They should have tweaked the difficulty levels more so that as you progress into harder modes, you got something for your efforts - extra content? something that is more than just a mirror run with harder mobs. The way the elites get extra nastier abilities is kinda cool - but in the end to defeat those just becomes a 'die a few times -> learn the tactic -> repeat X times till dead' process.
    I've mainly been playing the Monk class, and at each level up - i check the new skills available - total disapointment there. I've not changed my toons spec for a long time. For all the effort of grinding levels, i'm still using skills gained from my first run through (below lvl 30). There seems little reward for gaining levels (hopefully different for other classes).
    I did like the story, the first time around, but that hardly matters after your first play through - there is no connection to the story after you've seen it once, it just comes down to progressing your toon.
    Loot - the stat assignment is just so random that again most loot pickups are annoying. Any non-magical loot is just wasted bag space and not worth carrying and again is annoying to continually keep dumping it from you bag. The loot part of the game really feels under done. DRM - sigh.... if this is a sign of things to come for PC games then that really makes me sad. I really do enjoy the social side of the game when online but there MUST be an OFFLINE mode available with any game (of this sort).
  10. Jun 18, 2012
    The only thing I found fun about this game was farming the auction house sniping great deals and power leveling... Now power leveling has been nerfed to hell and AH will crash soon enough since there will be more useful lvl 60 items up in the coming months which... blah too lazy to explain the rest but if you have basic knowledge of supply and demand you see where I'm going with this.The only thing I found fun about this game was farming the auction house sniping great deals and power leveling... Now power leveling has been nerfed to hell and AH will crash soon enough since there will be more useful lvl 60 items up in the coming months which... blah too lazy to explain the rest but if you have basic knowledge of supply and demand you see where I'm going with this.

This game has GREED written all over it, everything about it.
    I got my refund but I'll never think of blizzard the same after playing this atrocious game.
  11. Jun 20, 2012
    It is a Diablo game where after normal mode all of the loot that drops is terrible and the only way to progress is to buy a gear set in the Auction House for hell and inferno. Heck I would buy new gear in the auction house every 20 lvls or so and be completely overpowered until I hit inferno act 2.

What is the point of a dungeon crawler when you don't get any gear out of it. They want to make everything so rare that people will be tempted to spend real money on items. A complete scam......
  12. Jun 27, 2012
    Very boring and repetitive game. I doubt Blizzard will fix this.. Don't get it.. you have been warned.. Game play is good though so I give a 3 but still it's not worth 60.
  13. Jul 1, 2012
    I am very dissappointed from what i've expected Blizzard, one of the richest if not THE richest game company, will deliver to me. But I bought a very expensive game that got a REALLY SHORT STORY. The action house destroyed the collecting experience which was one of the most important parts of the Diablo series.
  14. Jul 6, 2012
    A terrible, repetitive, money grab. Uninspiring art/graphics, quite possibly the worst video game sequel of all time. The ridiculous high praise from professional reviewers really goes to show you these people are either paid off or only played the game briefly. Made me lose faith in the industry.
  15. Jul 8, 2012
    Great gameplay, but completely overshadowed by everything else. Game is designed around the auction house, and item are completely boring and uncreative.
  16. Jul 13, 2012
    NOTE: i have played 400 hours, 3 level 60's (barb with 100k+ dps, 1100 all resists, 60k hp, 58.5% crit), and made $1500 dollars off RMAH. for that reason, if D4 was released, i would buy it and sell items for real money until the economy dies like it has.

However, this game is horrible. Absolutely garbage. I have played hundreds of hours of D2 up until D3 came out and I have to say that I am severely disappointed. The game itself wasn't developed by ANYONE from the original development staff that made starcraft, warcraft, D1, and D2. The original dev's left to ArenaNet and Runic games to make Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2, respectively. This throws up a red flag already. Jay Wilson who has ZERO ARPG development experience is given head designer of D3.

The game is a joke. The difficulty they speak of in Inferno is CHEAP difficulty and not executed properly. There are situations that your character can NEVER escape from (no matter how geared you are), which always result in death. As stated before, my barbarian is MAD geared. I roll through Inferno ACT 3 in less than an hour every time. However, I cannot stand dying to stupid situations like when my barb's only CC breaking skill (WotB) is on cooldown and an elite decides to vortex me into a frozen along with 10 arcane orbs on me.

furthermore, the loot is garbage. if they are going to force inevitable death upon us, they might as well have made the quality of the loot better. loot is uninspired, uninteresting, and unrewarding to find. D2 had a LOT better loot system. in D3 legendaries are total garbage and most of it gets NPC'ed. Yes, legendaries are being sold to merchants ALL THE TIME in D3.

on top of all this, they made hundreds of millions of dollars yet skipped on improving their servers. the servers still lag and rubberband and causes lots of people to die constantly for no reason. If you're on hardcore, you lose your character if you die. this is just unacceptable for any company.

plus, the RMAH makes the game pay-to-win and the drop rates ARE affected by the auction house as confirmed by blizzard staff. this just makes the game disgusting and causes people to quit even more.

they promised a ton of things that they never kept, just do some googling and you'll see what i'm talking about.
    blizzard dropped the ball this time and i hope they pick up the slack again... they need better devs and higher-ups that make a good game to make well deserved money.
  17. Jul 18, 2012
    Taken by itself, out of the Diablo "universe" this game would still not be a "blockbuster." But it has/had big shoes to fill and it isn't filling them very well.
    From a very poorly constructed story-line to it's basic and simplistic character management, this game just isn't really all that fan after a few hours and has very little replay value to me. The loot drops generally aren't upgrades, and the fighting mechanics are pretty weak. Add to that Blizz's new business model to make a single player capable game still REQUIRE an internet connection, along with their not-so-quiet desire for the player to use the Real Money Auction House (an auction house where you buy equipment with real money, which Blizz gets a percentage every-time you buy or sell something off their. This game just feels like it's another money grab whose only success can be measured by how much they can make on a weekly or monthly basis. 1 million players at 60 bucks a game, is 60 million. Blizz says they sold over 5 million copies. That's over 300 million dollars. Yes that isn't enough; they want to nickel and dime the players too. Just a poor idea from a very very rich company.
    That said, it does have some redeeming qualities. It can be fun at times, for short periods of time. But the lasting appeal is really only going to be for those who sell things for real money, and those who are huge fans of Blizzard. If you played any of the previous versions of Diablo, however, buy at your own risk. Most of the "veteran" Diablo players are very unhappy - and understandably so.
  18. Jul 20, 2012
    A long-time Diablo fan, I am very disappointed by D3. I was expecting a game that would keep me interested and playing for a long time, but instead, I hit max level on several characters, and the only way to progress through Inferno is to purchase items from the Auction Houses. I like to farm, and was looking forward to farming and upgrading my characters when I max leveled them, but itA long-time Diablo fan, I am very disappointed by D3. I was expecting a game that would keep me interested and playing for a long time, but instead, I hit max level on several characters, and the only way to progress through Inferno is to purchase items from the Auction Houses. I like to farm, and was looking forward to farming and upgrading my characters when I max leveled them, but it turns out that this game is not the Diablo I once knew. This is supposed to be a gear farming game, and for many people (myself included, and I have over 200+ hours in the game) post patch 1.03, getting your own upgrades to drop is almost impossible. I'm stuck in Act II Inferno, and being a hardcore gamer, I want to progress, but can't because I didn't have the game prior to the patch that nerfed the quality of the gear dropping. Upgrades in the gold AH are too expensive for me to afford, and I refuse to spend real money in the RMAH, so I'm stuck farming and never getting anything of value, and never progressing. Not fun at all. Now I login every couple days to check the gold AH, but don't really play anymore. Until drops are fixed so that people can actually get their own upgrades without having to use the AHs, this game is broken. Other issues include: always online makes hardcore frustrating (I won't play HC because I don't want to rubberband to my death), multiplayer is limited to four players (and you get punished for playing with friends as they take a cut of your magic find), builds are cookie-cutter or you won't survive in Inferno, almost every class has to kite monsters to survive in Inferno (the exception at the moment being a WW barb, but even they must kite at times, and given Blizzard's track record, expect this build to be nerfed), Blizzard customer service is horribly inattentive and they seem out of touch with their player base, patch 1.03 was a horrible disaster, and the CEO has promised us we'll get more of the same in 1.04.

My hopes for this game are all but dried up. If you loved earlier Diablo games, you probably will suffer the same disappointment I have. Avoid for now, but don't hold your breath that anything will get better. It's looking like this might be the beginning of the end of great games from Blizzard.
  19. Jun 7, 2015
    After so long, this review can be free of the technical problem which marred this game at launch, and for several months. But even without them, the game is still not very good. The story is utterly cheesy and boring, the gameplay is really boring too, and the difficulty curve is completely wrong (killing Diablo on Hard is easy beyond all expectations for example ). There are far betterAfter so long, this review can be free of the technical problem which marred this game at launch, and for several months. But even without them, the game is still not very good. The story is utterly cheesy and boring, the gameplay is really boring too, and the difficulty curve is completely wrong (killing Diablo on Hard is easy beyond all expectations for example ). There are far better H&S than this one on the market today. Expand
  20. Oct 5, 2012
    I spent 132 hours playing this garbage game! O yeah it deserves a score of 0 because this game is all about money. and I used to be a Diablo 3 fanatic, then I took an arrow to the knee.
  21. Jan 12, 2013
    This game is repetitive, not rewarding, and just centered around the RMAH. Also all the characters look the same and if you want to be any good you are forced to use certain equip and certain skills, another thing that contributes to destroy the fun.
  22. Mar 8, 2013
    Extremely repetitive and more importantly BORING! Good graphics but that is it. They designed the game around an auction house instead of designing it around the player. Check out their website they have finally admitted how bad the auction house has been for the game. If you want to use the auction house all the time might as well get into stocks.
  23. Jun 4, 2013
    All Blizzard had to do was remake Diablo 2 with updated graphics and no RMAH. Always online for single player mode? What a waste of $60 this game was!
  24. Jun 9, 2013
    Launch was a disaster. Over 400 hours of playing and found nothing good. Sold items in RMAH to cover the cost of the game and quit. Never again blizzard. Waited over 10 years for this sequel and what a disappointment.
  25. Jul 14, 2013
    One giant pile of garbage. They pretty much destroyed the Diablo Lore and did nothing but create a boring game based on making from the auction house for Blizzard. Possibly the dumbest and biggest failure in video game history. Avoid this game like the plague.
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    the core of a arpg is gone in this game look for it to get better in 2014 with the rmah an the gah leaving the game everything in this game is well done but the core of the game is gone so i give it a 4.
  27. Sep 29, 2013
    This game just seems extremley outdated. Back when developers and designers had very limited resources it made sense to have fixed cameras and extremely linear paths, but for today standards of a full priced action rpg the it seems archaic.

For example, at first is seems fun walking linear paths using simple button presses to perform actions over and over, but of course this will get old very fast. So in order to stay immersed in the game and not get bored you may try exploring, but the game is to linear, (with limited backtracking and small paths), to have much fun exploring.

Then you may try to just appreciate the visuals, but as stylized as they are (which is not always a bad thing though very diffrent and much more cartoon then it's roots) with a fixed camera there is not a lot of flexibility when it comes to appreciating the scenery.

Then theres the hole level progression and loot motivator, but the game feels so streamlined and limited in these areas as well. I still wanted to enjoy this game despite all these flaws, and there is still fun to be found in the game, but sadly, the game is also extremely short. As much as I wish to enjoy this game, it sadly feels far to much like a chore playing it.
  28. Oct 24, 2013
    3 points for decent graphics and smooth mechanics, but that is all Diablo III really offers unless you're looking to make a good buck by ripping off the fools in the real money auction house. which is incredibly easy since most are kids stealing their parents' credit cards.
  29. Oct 31, 2013
    Just accept that they don't get what is fun anymore, and they don't care! The console release only FURTHER proves that all Activision cares about for Blizzard is retail sales and profits. The fact that the AH are being completely removed all together just PROVES TENFOLD that we were all completely right since the beginning and let's not forget the 3 search field AH for items with 7+Just accept that they don't get what is fun anymore, and they don't care! The console release only FURTHER proves that all Activision cares about for Blizzard is retail sales and profits. The fact that the AH are being completely removed all together just PROVES TENFOLD that we were all completely right since the beginning and let's not forget the 3 search field AH for items with 7+ affixes, real smart 'design'. Now they are trying to introduce a "Loot 2.0" system which is a f*****g b****slap to the ENDLESS plethora of players (including myself) who could not get past the fact that the itemization in this game is 100% absolutely wrong and altogether functionally a pile of s**t.

How can you deliver a game with ABSOLUTELY NO customization whatsoever on any character class and have the "Unique" and "Set" items be the WORST items in the entire game!? Where is any shred of logic or reason here? Not to mention how unbelievably ridiculously difficult it is to even get a "unique" item to even drop with 400%+ MF, it makes not one bit of difference because as soon as you ID that item it is useless salvage garbage. The best weapons in the game were blue items, the best item affixes you could find were rares. So basically in the beginning of the game all of the "elite" players had high dps blue weapons and most likely full rare equipment besides maybe 1 unique jewelry.

There was absolutely no end game content right from the get go and then they tried to introduce the key drops system and monster power as well as infernal machine. The entire game and all of these patches just felt like obvious panicked 'hotfixes' to try and keep more of the player base around for longer. This just proved again and AGAIN how ridiculously completely unfinished the game was with all of the aspects added that should have been there from before even a pathetic beta test.

Whether they will ever outright admit all of their mistakes and apologize to players they told were wrong but proved 200% right remains to be seen but at this point means nothing. Because even after they try to roll out as many changes as they want to try to remedy a completely broken s**t game, the structure of the game and character progression is COMPLETELY wrong and is still MOST of the problem for 'Diablo' franchise players. They are willing to accept change or "progression" in your eyes but COMPLETELY STRIPPING the game franchise of any character, attribute or skill customization is ridiculous and downright condemning to the point of dissolving the company if you ask me.

For some reason since the 'justin bieber' success of WoW, Blizzard/Activblindness decided it would be a good idea to completely and utterly destroy the 'Diablo' franchise and release a apathetic chin-drool dribbling braindead watered down streamlined bastard child that was "Diablo 3". When did they higher game designers that are ridiculous "Macintosh" retards? This game and all aspects of it's design reek of a putrid stomach curdling "Machintosh" or "iphone" design in that it is a plain piece of crap that everyone has exactly the same one and it looks nice on the surface but underneath it all everything is a nonfunctional piece of crap that can accomplish absolutely nothing except for chatting, and handcuffing you with hordes and HORDES OF POINTLESS UNNECESSARY DRM.

If you are a non-Mac PC user then you should steer 100% clear of D3 because the design makes little to no sense just like an iphone or any other macintosh product. Also for you loser fanboy mac retards "Apple" Records Corps was founded before the modern age of digital electronics so you are MACINTOSH. You don't even have the remote amount of respect deserved to be called "Apple" which actually represents a MUCH more important part of history. Also if you just listen to any true PC gamer they will give you an actual REALISTIC review of this p.o.s. game.

ALL of the BS "major media" game reviewers gave this game high reviews WHICH IS A COMPLETE LIE! And what is the point of EVEN HAVING a review system at all if you can just be bought off so easily?!? That means that your grading scale is ridiculously inconsistent and falsified because it marks down great games repeatedly and then HUGE HOLES AND MISTAKES in broken junk bastard child garbage like this just somehow go unnoticed?!?! How can anyone take these game review outlets seriously anymore? If you are just BLATANTLY outright lying to people's faces in print and online why should anyone ever both to pay attention to anything that comes out of those diarrhea ridden jokes for "publication".

D3 was a complete unfinished joke, WoW D3 End of Blizzard Beginning of Bastardvison

PoE is out now and 100% free to download and play 'not-for-profit' through Steam. PoE offers you EVERYTHING and MORE that you wanted to see out of a modern ARPG inspired by and evolving on the D1 & D2 style that PC gamers truly loved and enjoy to play.

GO DOWNLOAD PoE!!!
  30. Mar 13, 2014
    Just awful, was kind off enjoyable for the first few hours it took to run through the game. Then you realize it's always going to be the same linear piece of **** and you get a sour taste of hate and regret in your mouth.

After about a month I had entirely forgotten about it, and so had most other people. It's not memorable at all, it's bad. It has little to no replayabilty and is dumbed down so much that it doesn't even make sense to continue after you've tried out all your abilities. Not to mention the stupid DRM and what ever stupid decisions Blizzard decided to implement, I don't remember exactly what they were but I remember them being the dumbest thing I had heard in a long time at the time.

Goes to show that you cannot trust professional game reviewers.

Avoid at all cost