Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 29, 2012
    Far from the depicted block buster in the marketing campaign, the game manage to reach the minimum compromise between farm investment and enjoyment.
    Regarding the other sides of the game, game-play modification (skill simplification), Auction house introduction (reduced farm and loot satisfaction), the game miss my expectations big time.
    It's really poorly made, when you got in depth with

It's really poorly made, when you got in depth with the game mechanics, flaws are starting to scratch the surface and the game really gets boring.

Add the Real money Auction house to that, and from my point of view, this game turns itself into a big let down as the gaming side itself, and the relation game-gamer. Protection against piracy once again only resume to justify a **** perpetual on-line system, got to love it when you'll lag and lose your progression while playing solo.

Spent 60â
  2. May 15, 2012
    They promised I could play on release... Now 24 hours laters still unable to login or play anything what so ever.
    Beta had problems and they did not learn a damn thing.
  3. May 15, 2012
    When it works, it's a great game although Blizzard are clearly using a modified WoW engine which does not do the atmosphere justice at all. However, Blizzard clearly are unable to support the always on net connection required. Someone needs to be fired over this as retailers would have been able to provide how many users there was going to be on launch. The fact that many people can't logWhen it works, it's a great game although Blizzard are clearly using a modified WoW engine which does not do the atmosphere justice at all. However, Blizzard clearly are unable to support the always on net connection required. Someone needs to be fired over this as retailers would have been able to provide how many users there was going to be on launch. The fact that many people can't log onto a single player came is atrociousness and shows a complete lack of foresight by management. Expand
  4. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Since icannot actually play the game i paid 59 euros for, this gets zero points right off the bat. Its a shocking and appaling how blizzard, a company that has already launched a major mmo title and another multiplayer title is unable to launch a game that was anticipated for over a decade, they KNEW this was a massive storm of players rushing to the servers.
    And they completely ignored it. Hey, industry: you sell us games in this fashion, you made that decision. Its not us asking you to do this kind of crap, especially the online only part. You KNOW when there is launch day and you know people will actually go and play the game they bought. SO **** PREPARE YOU ****

This game gets zero points on the basis that blizzard is a shed full of retard monkeys.
  5. May 15, 2012
    I am deeply frustrated by Diablo 3. The game looked so promising. But after all these Years, it came out as a bastard between softcore and hardcore entertainment. It can't decide wether to be dark or colourful. Deep or superstitious. This conflict is present in all aspects of the game. Be it the story, the games mechanics or the character design...

I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the

I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the game. After all its a high standard Blizzard product. But don't expect it to be the cutting edge, dark experience Diablo was 16 years ago.
  6. May 15, 2012
    It's a scam, pay but you can't play - error 37, error 75, error 30007... They require you to be online to play, but they have no servers for you to play on as everything is dead.
  7. May 15, 2012
    outdated graphics. no character customization. online play only. servers down 50% of the time. linear game play. feels like a grind. ui not customizable.
  8. May 15, 2012
    This game is horrible... its a counsel based based game for the reason of mass appeal!!!! pc gamers be warned! its a shames that we still give blizzard our money and they just sit back and laugh there way all the way to the bank.. its **** greed and its destorying this earth
  9. May 15, 2012
    First, I love the game. It's an awesome game. It's a perfection of what Diablo 2 did well already. There's one small problem though that ruins it: I CAN'T PLAY IT. For an MMO to have a rocky launch is one thing; for a game that I, like a LOT of people, am planning on playing largely solo, it's totally unacceptable. Servers have been down or spotty most of launch day thus far. RightFirst, I love the game. It's an awesome game. It's a perfection of what Diablo 2 did well already. There's one small problem though that ruins it: I CAN'T PLAY IT. For an MMO to have a rocky launch is one thing; for a game that I, like a LOT of people, am planning on playing largely solo, it's totally unacceptable. Servers have been down or spotty most of launch day thus far. Right now I'm sitting in line to get in because the servers are full - FOR A SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Even if they get them up and running, you'll never be able to play the game without an internet connection - so you can't play on a plane, at the airport (unless there's free wi-fi; most are still pay), or anywhere without a connection. Fail. Expand
  10. May 15, 2012
    Last Blizzard purchase I make...This company has really gone downhill in the last couple of years. I know that WoW had a shaky launch and some rough patches, but that game was an MMO! This game is just a DRM logon!

As for DIII: very dated graphics- I understand the desire to sell to a broader audience, but limited animations, single viewpoint, and screen shake?! The enemies all look

As for DIII:
    very dated graphics- I understand the desire to sell to a broader audience, but limited animations, single viewpoint, and screen shake?! The enemies all look like mannequins rather than hellspawn beasts. I was more afriad of Doom 2 monsters than these! No single player/DRM -enough people have mentioned this
    Customization- much like what happened with WoW Cataclysm, there is no more choice in development. I dont want to play like other people; let me choose, let me fail if that is the case. All skills are granted as the character increases in level. There are no attribute or skill points to customize your character.
    Overall just boring- maybe the game will intensify with the the 'higher difficulties' (read: stat padded mobs), but I can forsee this game becoming a very one-dimensional gear farming title. Quests are not at all memorable or exciting, nor are they class specific.
    Now that people can 'play to pwn" with the real money auction house, Blizzard is just sucking the money from gamers who simply do not know better (the ~300 people that have given this game positive reviews thus far).

I was able to quit WoW with ease after how bad Cataclysm let me down, and now I will get a refund for this complete waste of $60. Well done Blizzard, you just lost a customer who had been loyal since 1997. At least there is still Valve!
  11. May 15, 2012
    NOT worth 60 dollars. WAY too short and missing many features that are "promised" by Blizzard as in you've gotta wait who know how many months for them to actually develop said features and implement them. In it's current state the game is just way too expensive for so little play time. No idea why Blizzard decided to release such an unfinished barebones game and decided to charge full price.
  12. May 15, 2012
    A very disappointing game for a hardcore D2 fan like me. Customization is very boring compared to D2, and the cartoony feel of the game is just horrible. For me D1 and D2 had a dark, gritty feel, and a realistic feel even though the graphics of the time were incapable of producing "real" realism. I expected this game to look and feel great, but the soundtrack is the only thing that isA very disappointing game for a hardcore D2 fan like me. Customization is very boring compared to D2, and the cartoony feel of the game is just horrible. For me D1 and D2 had a dark, gritty feel, and a realistic feel even though the graphics of the time were incapable of producing "real" realism. I expected this game to look and feel great, but the soundtrack is the only thing that is good. How come FPS games are becoming more and more realistic, but hack & slash RPG's are going in the opposite direction? I hoped for a serious and dark game, but D3 vs D2 is like Batman from 1966 vs The Dark Knight. Expand
  13. May 15, 2012
    A bland game, shackled with horrendous DRM. Even without the DRM, which prevents you from playing offline, the game is consistantly bland, not nearly worth the generous $60 price tag Blizzard happily slapped the game with. And I don't even need to tell you the login screen errors everyone has been getting. Overall, it is a complete disaster.
  14. May 15, 2012
    Negatives: online DRM and online singleplayer, cartoon graphics and wow style graphics(its like a wow mod), nothing new in gameplay and high price; only positive thing is sounds and musics are from diablo 1-2.

its a big disappointment, i was expecting something different.
  15. May 15, 2012
    So much hype and expectation for a game full of bugs and impossible to play for more than 30 min without errors ,just like bioware did blizzard betray their fanbase
  16. May 15, 2012
    This is the last title that I will ever purchase from this company. Terrible consumer UN-friendly piracy prevention mechanisms they've tried their best to dress up and try to convince us, their customers, that it's for our benefit. It's almost as if they're actively trying to drive their customer's away. The move to make this game an "exclusively online" title, had everything to do withThis is the last title that I will ever purchase from this company. Terrible consumer UN-friendly piracy prevention mechanisms they've tried their best to dress up and try to convince us, their customers, that it's for our benefit. It's almost as if they're actively trying to drive their customer's away. The move to make this game an "exclusively online" title, had everything to do with appeasing shareholders, and absolutely nothing to do with giving the consumers a product they might actually enjoy using. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a disgruntled Blizzard employee to leak the server database and code to some willing party that will come up with an offline workaround for this abortion. Expand
  17. XLX
    May 15, 2012
    MY REVIEW: I will review what I have been able to play today "Nothing" which translated into numbers is 0 (zero) so there you go. The servers may have been up and down but I don't have all day to try to figure out when the servers are up so I can play. When I am ready to play they need to be ready to play or else don't make it online always game. I'm online, Blizzard is not, not myMY REVIEW: I will review what I have been able to play today "Nothing" which translated into numbers is 0 (zero) so there you go. The servers may have been up and down but I don't have all day to try to figure out when the servers are up so I can play. When I am ready to play they need to be ready to play or else don't make it online always game. I'm online, Blizzard is not, not my fault.

The irony of having someone state that your opinion shouldn't count but theirs does is remarkable. Anyways I know the server problems are temporary but they already have my cash so... yeah... I paid for a service I'm not receiving. I know the EULA covers Blizzard greedy and incompetent butt, however as a true consumer and believer in capitalism (The part that allows me to fight a company for bad service not the part that protects the company just because they have something saying bad things might happen and you cant sue us for it) I want to say Blizzard you are dead to me. I will play this game but no more money will be going your way. I weep at the fact that the only industry I ever truly wanted to be a part of has become so bloated with consumers ready to bend over and take whatever the company gives them astounds me. While a lot of others write "What did you expect" I answer "I expected what I have expected since the day I bought my first NES game... To go home put it in and enjoy myself." Times may change, technology sure has. But when I put down my hard earned money on the table, the only time I expect to lose it and not be able to play is at the casino. I don't like gambling on my games on whether they work or not.
  18. May 16, 2012
    This game is great but it misses the little something Diablo 2 had. no customization (skill pts), no rune words (so far), and everything was nerfed. It feels like WoW but with gore. Graphics are ok but not awesome, they look like 5 years old. The game play is pretty easy to get. I think the weakest point of this game is the multiplayer : Random games... Seriously? This is Diablo III, notThis game is great but it misses the little something Diablo 2 had. no customization (skill pts), no rune words (so far), and everything was nerfed. It feels like WoW but with gore. Graphics are ok but not awesome, they look like 5 years old. The game play is pretty easy to get. I think the weakest point of this game is the multiplayer : Random games... Seriously? This is Diablo III, not CoD! Bring me back my server creation system! Somethimes I want to Trade my stuff, not absolutely sell it to the AH! This is a Beat em' all, not a MMO. And the AH thing is a terrible idea. Do you know how many koreans are gonna control this market. Guys, let us create custom games with custom names, let us trade freely. You can let the AH but please, I want to be able to create a game like in D2. Enigma4Fort, you know? Expand
  19. May 15, 2012
    This game is only really popular because of the Diablo title and world. By itself it doesn't stand up. They changed major portions of the established lore, changed the art style and feel of the game, and crammed always online DRM in.

The level design is taken straight out of Torchlight (made by those who made Diablo 1 & 2) and doesn't add anything new to the series that is a positive other than perhaps crafting. In fact, they have dumbed down many of the elements from the two previous games including character customization. The presentation, though an improvement is dated by today's standards and even the standards set in WarCraft III and StarCraft II set by Blizzard themselves. It is a shame. Taken with the horrific Americas region launch, it's Blizzard's weakest game and the only fun that can really be taken from it is that its in the Diablo world; strip that away and this game is nothing special.
  20. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 2 was release June 29, 2000 Blizzard had 12 years to make this game great and better than D2 so I was expecting a new chapter at the least. They had 12 years... and game is missing world PvP. No cash Auction House yet. Everything is dummy down you can't customize your character and the FPS is broken right now. It seems like Blizzard only spent 1 year on this and the other 11 yearsDiablo 2 was release June 29, 2000 Blizzard had 12 years to make this game great and better than D2 so I was expecting a new chapter at the least. They had 12 years... and game is missing world PvP. No cash Auction House yet. Everything is dummy down you can't customize your character and the FPS is broken right now. It seems like Blizzard only spent 1 year on this and the other 11 years was blown in the wind. Blizzard fired 10% of there workforce last year and you can tell the mess it caused. The game is not ready yet. I don't recommend spending 60 bucks on it. Save your money and wait for D4. Expand
  21. May 16, 2012
    Can't play the game when the servers are down. Think about five, ten, fifteen years from now. Is blizzard going to want you to play D3 or their newest iteration that you have to pay $100 for? Someday Blizzard is going to pull the plug and then this game and every other always-online game is going to be dead forever. Don't buy this game or support this practice by greedy developers.
  22. May 16, 2012
    I wish I didn't get to log in, I wish I did have a connection error because this game is boring as hell. I loved Diablo 1, and 2 was my favourite of the franchise but this is pure crap. I can see why it took them so long to release it, the higher ups must have played it and seen what a disgrace it was to the franchise. And at the end they must have given up and just cashed in. I stoppedI wish I didn't get to log in, I wish I did have a connection error because this game is boring as hell. I loved Diablo 1, and 2 was my favourite of the franchise but this is pure crap. I can see why it took them so long to release it, the higher ups must have played it and seen what a disgrace it was to the franchise. And at the end they must have given up and just cashed in. I stopped playing Fallout 3 half way through to go to this and frankly it's like walking through heaven and stepping on **** halfway through. Expand
  23. May 16, 2012
    If you want to play Diablo, play Diablo II. Then you'll be assured to get some quality game time rather than constant connection errors every 5 minutes. Good one blizzard way to screw up a good series.
  24. May 16, 2012
    Always online DRM and less character customization than the previous title... 12 years ago?
    unacceptable. i hope half of the people who would have purchased this game decide not to on the DRM basis alone. paying gamers should not tolerate this inconvenience merely because blizzard is scared that they will only make record breaking sales.
  25. May 16, 2012
    Lets see graphics 4/10 ( charaters look like 2002-2004 dx 6.0.7.0..lame...sound 9/10 specially the barbarian has good ones the weapons and charges gameplay 5/10 kinda lame cant use wasd ( ON PC!, movement is laggy even on a ultra enthusiast rig ) watered down gameplay they say attribites..char customization made the game booring..confusing and KEEPING players from the actionLets see graphics 4/10 ( charaters look like 2002-2004 dx 6.0.7.0..lame...sound 9/10 specially the barbarian has good ones the weapons and charges gameplay 5/10 kinda lame cant use wasd ( ON PC!, movement is laggy even on a ultra enthusiast rig ) watered down gameplay they say attribites..char customization made the game booring..confusing and KEEPING players from the action RIGHT?...riiight...lame so now you get skills at each lvl until lvl 60 and can do a variety of combos with 4 skills and on top of that a lame rune system...and least but not the last CONECTIVITY ...2/10...apart from every huge franchise launch wich is guaranteed to ahve a bumy launch , if you manage to pass the login screen various errors and your cahracter is still there all good and lastly....RMAH well not only you cna aparently and you will sell gold for real cash BUT you can also use real money to buy something but heres the CATCH nobody tells you you need a 1 bnet account 2 paypal account 3 AN MOBILE PHONE (not all carriers are acepted for the secore sms bs ( see bnet account for more details create one for free) 4 an authenticator wich isnt available in all countries in europe AND lastly an max 250$ liit to any item put on the rmah that on top of the 15% fee blizz gets off any item if it sells on teh rmah AND another 15% if the sale goes thru adn you decide to cash in through paypal for ex

And lastly no offlijne mode and no offline singleplayer like starcraft 2 has ( or anythign similar to that)

my score for this mess is 3/10, no diablo atmosphere...( wow more like, booring gameplay, none of that awsomeness d1/d2 had and it took 10 years...right, i wouldnt recommend this game to any rpg fan or action rpg

The rmah isnt such an big deal but for the 'hoops one has to go thru to even sell an item and then cash out its retarded..the black market or 3/4th party sites for this game are in heaven" )
  26. May 16, 2012
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Yeah, there's different icing, but underneath it's the same cake. You still click the mouse button until your fingers fall off, waiting for that one super-drop to make it all worthwhile. Add to that the massive fail of "must always be online" and servers crashing and you get ... my zero rating.
  27. May 16, 2012
    A $20 game at best but sold for $60. Outdated controls, bland gameplay even by hack n slash dungeon crawler standards. Online only really made things worse. There's a lot of negatives about the game and they greatly out weigh the positives. In the end it's a $20 game that they tried to charge top dollar for and that plus some big blunders in design and planning have caused a backlash.
  28. May 16, 2012
    12 hours is not acceptable in the post Skyrim gaming era. They apparently took a year per hour of gameplay. Sad to wait so long and get so little. I get the replay concept, but replaying on harder difficulties does not equal new content or more fun.
  29. May 16, 2012
    First bioware now blizzard ... Sequels to most wanted games keep disaapointing me ... Terrible DRM . I never played Diablo 1-2 online and will not play Diablo 3 online too but the game wants to be connected to server all the time . Middle of the game i recieve error "connection lost" and drop from the game . Are you kidding me ?...
    Game is simple like old commodore games . Just good
    Game is simple like old commodore games . Just good looking then pre diablos but nothing new and no improvement to game play . You can finish the game without reading anything ... click click click ...
  30. May 16, 2012
    Game is fun...when it can be played. If you have lack of internet access for whatever the reason, you can't play. Even when you can miraculously login to the servers without an error of some sort (37 or any of the other hugely common ones) the servers are down way too often. If only they had given the option of single player offline mode all of this problems people complaint about wouldGame is fun...when it can be played. If you have lack of internet access for whatever the reason, you can't play. Even when you can miraculously login to the servers without an error of some sort (37 or any of the other hugely common ones) the servers are down way too often. If only they had given the option of single player offline mode all of this problems people complaint about would have been solved. Forced online to play a single player game is ridiculous. Give us the option to play offline Blizzard. Game is fun so far but no offline kills it. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012