4.0

1. May 16, 2012
    This game is great but it misses the little something Diablo 2 had. no customization (skill pts), no rune words (so far), and everything was nerfed. It feels like WoW but with gore. Graphics are ok but not awesome, they look like 5 years old. The game play is pretty easy to get. I think the weakest point of this game is the multiplayer : Random games... Seriously? This is Diablo III, notThis game is great but it misses the little something Diablo 2 had. no customization (skill pts), no rune words (so far), and everything was nerfed. It feels like WoW but with gore. Graphics are ok but not awesome, they look like 5 years old. The game play is pretty easy to get. I think the weakest point of this game is the multiplayer : Random games... Seriously? This is Diablo III, not CoD! Bring me back my server creation system! Somethimes I want to Trade my stuff, not absolutely sell it to the AH! This is a Beat em' all, not a MMO. And the AH thing is a terrible idea. Do you know how many koreans are gonna control this market. Guys, let us create custom games with custom names, let us trade freely. You can let the AH but please, I want to be able to create a game like in D2. Enigma4Fort, you know? Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    You know, I hate to give this a 1/10... I LOVE Diablo 2, and the original Diablo.... But the sad fact is that this game is really fun.... when you can play it....Attempting to get onto a game that you bought when you first get home... and you cant.. is sad, but okay they want to open the server... even if i want to play single player, i have to wait on the server.
    Next I finally wait to
    Next I finally wait to get online, and cannot... for 2 hours... this even I expected, it was the giant DDOS attack from users spamming the "login" button.
    Sign on this morning, its what I hoped it would be, it has everything Diablo had, and is fun overall, the crafting system, loot, and everything has been improved.
    Next the servers go down after 2 hours of play.... okay fine they are fixing things... so for the next 5-6 hours I wait, and finally get back online, things are great again....
    Then again, server is offline after 2 hours of play.... Seriously? It is only the American server being affected by what they do.
    This is just beyond words. they need to enable us to play offline if we want for SINGLE PLAYER only if this is the way it will be. If we want to play online, then fine, let us have access to the online auction house only with those characters....
    Id say avoid buying this game for a couple weeks to a month until they fix the issues... but its just beyond words with frustration on everything we have to go through as PAYING CUSTOMERS....
  3. May 15, 2012
    I am so very disappointed with Blizzard now. How could they ruin the legendary DIABLO series?
    To me, this game is just not fun. It is made to bring cash only, not to stay true to the series and to millions of old fans and supporters. Gothic series got butchered. Dungeon Siege got butchered. Elder Scrolls gets duller with every game. Dragon Age got butchered and now finally, even Diablo gets the quick cash treatment. (how can we make this game so easy and simple that even grandmas and babies will give us cash to play it....)
  4. May 15, 2012
    I've got to say , it's really hard for me to even give this game a 1. For those people that have never played a diablo game before , this game may be passable. For anyone who played diablo 2 with the gritty, satanic environment then you will be sorely dissapointed. For anyone who wanted any kind of character customization or building , you will be sorely dissapointed. (There are noI've got to say , it's really hard for me to even give this game a 1. For those people that have never played a diablo game before , this game may be passable. For anyone who played diablo 2 with the gritty, satanic environment then you will be sorely dissapointed. For anyone who wanted any kind of character customization or building , you will be sorely dissapointed. (There are no skill trees or attribute choices) For those of you who have played either of the previous games , I'm feeling dissapointment along with you. My hat is off to blizzard activision for getting millions of lemmings to buy this game. well played sirs, you got your money, but have lost all dignity. Expand
  5. May 16, 2012
    I had to force myself to continue playing. This sentence sums up the playability of this game. Diablo 3 fails to offer an exciting and compelling experience, which is extremely disappointing considering the amount of time and money that went into its development. As a long time fan of the genre I was absolutely appalled at some of the decisions Blizzard made. They can be forgiven for notI had to force myself to continue playing. This sentence sums up the playability of this game. Diablo 3 fails to offer an exciting and compelling experience, which is extremely disappointing considering the amount of time and money that went into its development. As a long time fan of the genre I was absolutely appalled at some of the decisions Blizzard made. They can be forgiven for not incorporating visual customisations to the characters but the removal of skill trees and manual stat distribution is unacceptable. There is some degree of skill customisation with the addition of "Runes" which can alter the properties of a particular spell or ability but this feature is still ridiculously limited. The evil and gritty atmosphere of the previous instalments is no where to be seen, and it's place we have what is best described as a Halloween cartoon special. Long time fans of the Diablo series and dungeon crawlers in general will be disappointed with this entry. However, if you are a newcomer to the genre then there is a limited amount of entertainment on offer. Expand
  6. May 16, 2012
    The graphic is old, very old, like a 10 years ago game, the gameplay is too easy and casual and the DRM are really frustrating. Bad work at all, after 12 years Blizzard should do something really better than this!
  7. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard, how could you do this to us? This game is not worthy of the Diablo name. Utter disappointment ! :-( Just about everything in this game is uninspiring and sub-par of what I expected of Diablo 3 and from a Blizzard game that has been developed for 8-10 years(?) This is what happens when you start out by asking yourself, HOW CAN WE MAKE DIABLO 3 THE BIGGEST CASH-COW EVER when youBlizzard, how could you do this to us? This game is not worthy of the Diablo name. Utter disappointment ! :-( Just about everything in this game is uninspiring and sub-par of what I expected of Diablo 3 and from a Blizzard game that has been developed for 8-10 years(?) This is what happens when you start out by asking yourself, HOW CAN WE MAKE DIABLO 3 THE BIGGEST CASH-COW EVER when you should have been asking yourself, HOW CAN WE BRING THE DIABLO SERIES TO A NEW EPIC HIGH AND DELIVER SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.------------ I'm shocked, really. I'll go back to Titan Quest now and have some FUN. Collapse Expand
  8. May 16, 2012
    >Charater customization was so confusing, so they removed it (no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up)
    >Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win auction houses
    >Scripted **** EVERYWHERE >GETTING KICKED OUT OF YOUR SINGLEPLAYER GAME FOR BEING AFK >Bland, one dimensional, WoW inspired skills >World PvP removed and the
    >Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win auction houses
    >Scripted **** EVERYWHERE
    >GETTING KICKED OUT OF YOUR SINGLEPLAYER GAME FOR BEING AFK
    >Bland, one dimensional, WoW inspired skills
    >World PvP removed and the only PvP options is a WoW-clone arena (REMOVED TILL LATER, LOL)
    >Voice acting is **** HORIBBLE compared to D2
    >Timed log-outs in a game which its gameplay is based on being fast-paced (even on hardcore mode)
    >CHECKPOINTS that revive you from where you are left off (how much more casual can they make a diablo game I wonder)
    >region lock, DRM that requires you to be constanly online
    >blizzard 'promising' not to put any items in the RMAH Gee, I **** wonder what's gonna happen
    >LEVEL 60 CAP Surely to be raised to 70,80,90 and so on with yearly expansions that consists of cut content for only another $60!

Retarded **** that butcher the whole atmosphere such as:

â
  9. May 16, 2012
    This game sucks. Can't even play single player when the servers go down and they go down often. When they do come back there are rollbacks where ive lost several levels.
  10. May 16, 2012
    This isn't a very good game. If you aren't a hardcore Diablo fan, do yourself a favor and pass. The gameplay is incredibily repetitive. All it is constant left clicking of your mouse. The grind is soulcrushingly bad at best. Put simply fans of the game waited 12 years for what amounts to a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with early PS3 graphics attached to it. The voice acting is painful,This isn't a very good game. If you aren't a hardcore Diablo fan, do yourself a favor and pass. The gameplay is incredibily repetitive. All it is constant left clicking of your mouse. The grind is soulcrushingly bad at best. Put simply fans of the game waited 12 years for what amounts to a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with early PS3 graphics attached to it. The voice acting is painful, the combat system is uninspiring, and the game as a whole is a complete let down for all but the most hardcore of Diablo fans. Expect once the hype of a new Diablo game wears off for it to completely fall off the radar. TL;DR If you are on the fence, don't buy it, it's made for a very niche audience and if you haven't already picked it up you aren't that niche. Terrible game and shame on you Blizzard for milking a cash cow. Expand
  11. May 16, 2012
    It is really an strange position. The Diablo II was an good game with a consistent desolate and dark theme and solid difficulty balance. It was never too easy but never impossible also. Diablo III tries to 'fix' the best things in Diablo II and the result is a... trainwreck. See the game itself is not too bad but the heart wrenching pain and numerous hoops you have to jump to just login toIt is really an strange position. The Diablo II was an good game with a consistent desolate and dark theme and solid difficulty balance. It was never too easy but never impossible also. Diablo III tries to 'fix' the best things in Diablo II and the result is a... trainwreck. See the game itself is not too bad but the heart wrenching pain and numerous hoops you have to jump to just login to play is a very very cruel joke by Blizz. I am stuck as I (along with 2 million peoples) was idiot enough to preorder it. I have played it for almost 10 hours and for that I had to either wait to login or backtrack for lost savegame due to connection loss for almost 2 hours total! Mind blowing I know! Every big company makes a product that marks the downfall of its fanbase and slow but steady decline. I am sure that Diablo III is that product as it has alienated me, an 6 years devoted fan of Blizzard. Perhaps I will get that Torchlight game others are talking about. I heard that game actually lets you play! Expand
  12. May 16, 2012
    Elitism, absurd hardware specs to run a game at his "full potential", DRM, poor game design and many other issues have almost killed pc gaming. Why should i bother about Diablo 3 when i can get Dark Souls on console?
  13. May 16, 2012
    Well this game sure sucks. Had it been just a random game from an unknown developer I would not be this hard on it. In fact it would be somewhat respectable, but this is Diablo 3. Turns out it is a bastard mix between Diablo 2 and WOW, but without the parts that made the Diablo prequels great. Dumbed down, cartooned up and absolutely uninspiring to me. This is what I feared since theWell this game sure sucks. Had it been just a random game from an unknown developer I would not be this hard on it. In fact it would be somewhat respectable, but this is Diablo 3. Turns out it is a bastard mix between Diablo 2 and WOW, but without the parts that made the Diablo prequels great. Dumbed down, cartooned up and absolutely uninspiring to me. This is what I feared since the first images and info from this game emerged years ago. Blizzard was the gaming company I held above all other, now I just despise them. F U Blizzard! Expand
  14. May 16, 2012
    This game is garbage.
    Challenge is non existent, you can beat it in around 9 hours. And if theres a server issue, you won't get any loot for beating the game.
    Buggy as hell, if you give a templar a shield it boots you out of the game and you can't get back in. (But who would ever think of giving a shield to a knight, thats just silly) Also the DRM prevents people who have purchased the
    This game is garbage.
    Also the DRM prevents people who have purchased the game from playing if theres a server issue. I'm not talking just multiplayer, that would be fine, but if the servers are full or down you can't play single player.
    You'll spend most of your time with this game either seeing error 37 or 3003.
    My advice avoid it.
    Vote with your wallet, if you don't like the idea of a company not letting you play a game single player at your leisure, that you can only play when its ok with them, then do not buy this game.
  15. May 16, 2012
    Remember that time when you ordered a pizza but it was bad, and you excreted diarrhea all over the house? That, figuratively speaking, is exactly the kind of impression Diablo 3 leaves you with. Basically, the gameplay is overlly simplified and linear, you cant even play offline, and the story and graphics are laughable.The saddest part though, is that our noble efforts to reveal the TRUTHRemember that time when you ordered a pizza but it was bad, and you excreted diarrhea all over the house? That, figuratively speaking, is exactly the kind of impression Diablo 3 leaves you with. Basically, the gameplay is overlly simplified and linear, you cant even play offline, and the story and graphics are laughable.The saddest part though, is that our noble efforts to reveal the TRUTH is being written off as "mindless trolling". If preventing people from buying rubbish is trolling than I think real "trolls" are the capitalist garbage who get peoples hopes up only to smash them later just for some cash. Diablo now joins the ever growing list of dead or dying game franchises. Expand
  16. May 16, 2012
    Terrible game. Awful connection problems have ruined this launch. They should have put more effort into reviving this title. You have got to get launches right!
  17. May 16, 2012
    This is a highly anticipated sequel with a premium pricetag that is in no way justified.

The graphics are fair at best and already feel somewhat dated on release. The stat skill assigning has been replaced by az system that allows for far less customization and which feels completely dumbed down. No more assigning stat points, they game does it for you every level. Skill trees have beenreplaced by a runes system that is completely uninteresting.

The game itself doesn't do nearly the job of drawing you into the game as Diablo 2 did. The game is also ridiculously short for an RPG - 7-10 hours for a playthrough is not uncommon. It's so short that it feels like a long overdue 2nd expansion for Diablo 3 with a graphics overhaul at a full game's price. The always-on DRM even for a single player playthrough means that you MUST log in to Blizzard's servers to play. If you can't log in for whatever reason or your connection drops out, you are not permitted to play the game you bought and paid for.

Blizzard has dropped the ball on this game big time. Do not buy until it hits the bargain bin. At least that way you're not paying a premium game's price for less content than is in some expansion packs.
  18. May 16, 2012
    Game dont work man. Whats worse is that it seems fairly fun and addictive, kinda ruined when you can play for about an hour and the servers go down. From my count Ive had approximately 4 interruptions in about 6 hours of play over 2 days. Im sure there have been many more for others.
    The online only is frankly ridiculous for a single player game, and having latency in a point/twitch game like this is just awful.
  19. May 17, 2012
    With years of experience Blizz couldn't figure out that the massive amounts of people logging in at the same time would cause many problems? Like you didn't know how many people would be trying to sign in on launch day right? rofl
  20. May 17, 2012
    I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS GAME. I don't know what I expected but this was not it. Same game play monotony, but I was hoping for some more RPG style play. Twelve years in the making, AND THIS IS IT?
  21. May 17, 2012
    Always on DRM and only 3 different server regions severely hampers my ability to play this game . had to change server twice due to lag issues the game itself is underwhelming with little new features or innovation
  22. May 17, 2012
    Seems more like Diablo 2.5 then a new game. Graphics aren't all that great (they seem very muted to me - no contrast) and the game play is mostly the same as Diablo 2. Not sure why this took 10 years to come out.
  23. May 17, 2012
    Very poor. Cannot log into the game after having for about 24 hours, far too simplified combat, not nearly as memorable for monsters or characters as Diablo 2, and nearly no customization.
  24. Jul 3, 2012
    I do enjoy the story of the game, but it seems weighed down by the heavy-handed loot system. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't stay focused on this game. I logged in today after two weeks of non-activity and was surprised at General Chat being constantly filled with gold spammers and no one talking.
  25. May 17, 2012
    I was a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, but this is just ridiculous. The game is a fine addition to the Diablo series, even though it is horribly dumbed down for the casual gamer masses. It's apparent that Blizzard doesn't care about their customers and are just another greedy corporation. The invasive DRM kills it for me. WHY THE HELL DO I NEED TO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS FOR SINGLEPLAYER? So, ifI was a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, but this is just ridiculous. The game is a fine addition to the Diablo series, even though it is horribly dumbed down for the casual gamer masses. It's apparent that Blizzard doesn't care about their customers and are just another greedy corporation. The invasive DRM kills it for me. WHY THE HELL DO I NEED TO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS FOR SINGLEPLAYER? So, if my internet dies, I can't play my game? Cool... I wish I could return it, this game really wasn't worth $60. Expand
  26. May 17, 2012
    I'll keep it short and simple. There is no way for people to really express discontent with the gaming industry as a whole. If we don't buy the games people say we shouldn't have a voice, but if we buy the games we only support what we don't agree with.

I fall into the first category. I was very interested in buying Diablo 3 having played both 1 and 2 numerous times over. However, as a single player type gamer, and a person that doesn't have the best internet connection or desire to socialize I find it disheartening that few companies allow me to play games on my terms. Diablo 3 is just the next installment of software hating customers like me.

Always online DRM is something I'm just not going to support. A grind game where users can pay to advance faster. Both things I just can't and won't support. I still haven't bought Diablo 3. And unfortunately I never will. Bye Blizzard. You now are a member of the ranks of EA, Activision (yes I already knew you were part of them) and Ubisoft. Take your games and go screw yourself with them.

I'm buying and playing Torchlight 2 and other games developed for me as a consumer.
  27. May 17, 2012
    D3 Asia's server can't login for 3 days, effect millions asia players and official still do nothing for it, I've never seen such a bad customer service like this.
  28. May 18, 2012
    So I'm actually not basing my score on the server/DRM issues (even though they're unacceptable), if DRM helps put an end to all the cheating (and piracy) then I can live with an outage here and there. Unfortunately, this game still has a lot of significant problems. In terms of gameplay, there's nothing wrong with the basic formula: kill stuff , get loot, etc., and there's some funSo I'm actually not basing my score on the server/DRM issues (even though they're unacceptable), if DRM helps put an end to all the cheating (and piracy) then I can live with an outage here and there. Unfortunately, this game still has a lot of significant problems. In terms of gameplay, there's nothing wrong with the basic formula: kill stuff , get loot, etc., and there's some fun mechanics to learn for each character. The major problem is that the addition of the auction house has totally ruined the scaling of the game, and I'm talking about the normal (legitimate) one, not the one that uses real money. When you put millions of people online at the same time and let them share every single item with each other, the "mega rare" items aren't so rare anymore, and competition drives the prices down...at the end of Act II I decided to spend about 45 minutes buying AH items (which was actually the most engaging and fun part of the game so far), and ended up with a maxed-out gear set for next to nothing. This was awesome at first, but then I proceeded to waltz through the second half of the game in a few hours. After a certain point it's just boring when you walk into the final boss's room without any preparation and beat him in a single try. I'm halfway through Nightmare difficulty and it hasn't really been any more difficult, although I expect at some point it might cross my mind to recruit a friend for some backup. Regardless, claiming that "the game only really starts on the second playthrough" is honestly one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard, and I'll never know why it flies for Blizzard when it wouldn't fly for any other developer on the face of the earth...for 60 bucks, there is a very distinct lack of content here.

The game being too short or too easy wouldn't be so bad if the game's story or graphics held up, but this isn't really the case either. The graphics are...well, unimpressive (even on max settings), and if you liked the whole "dark fantasy" feel of the series, prepare to be very disappointed because the art direction of this game is much closer to WoW than any Diablo game (there's even a few scenes that feel ripped out of SC2, but that's another story). Granted I was 14 when D2 came out, but I remember some of the areas being pretty creepy and grim...this is much more cartoony and vibrant. The sense of dread and loneliness is gone, there's NPC's everywhere and they really hurt the tone of the game. There's even awkward moments of attempted humor (I don't remember the exact wording, but a major boss literally says some variation of "I hate vegetables" as you fight him). It's very tame, if they removed the small amounts of blood in this game it could easily be rated Teen. Combine this with sub-par voice acting and a routine storyline, it makes for a bland experience.

So...obviously Blizzard did not spend all their time and money to deliberately make a mediocre game, so I only have one explanation for why this game is so disappointing: to me, every decision made throughout the development process seems to be about getting a mass audience involved in the Diablo franchise at the expense of the depth and artistic integrity that the hardcore fans love. They will make a killing on this game, especially when the real-money auction house hits. Some people might even claim to love it, but at the end of the day it's really hard to consider it anything other than a blown opportunity, and a sad way to conclude a wait of over 10 years.
  29. May 30, 2012
    My previously review is good but after yesterday I got all day patch, today I have got error 37 all day, cant play at all. This is ridiculous. Wish I better spend money.
  30. May 18, 2012
    This is what the Call Of Duty games are to FPS games, The Michael Bay of action films - Totally dumbed down to appeal to as many people as possible. Diablo was one of my most replayed and loved games when I was younger due to its core RPG elements presented in a simple style. This dreadful offering only expands on one of those elements - the simple. Blizzard only seem to be bothered aboutThis is what the Call Of Duty games are to FPS games, The Michael Bay of action films - Totally dumbed down to appeal to as many people as possible. Diablo was one of my most replayed and loved games when I was younger due to its core RPG elements presented in a simple style. This dreadful offering only expands on one of those elements - the simple. Blizzard only seem to be bothered about money these days and watering down their content to appeal to as many people as possible (Warcraft being a prime example & real world money ???). I must be getting old as all games these days seem to only care about the cinematic quality of their games. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game based simply on the game play mechanics. I think I'll dig out my old Diablo 2 CD's and just play that again. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012