Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jul 19, 2012
    It started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is aIt started off ok. Ok ish graphics, quite fun. Like the old one but modern. Then it started to go wrong. It is such a short game. REALLY short. SO I completed it, then the next level, then the next level. SO far I played the game through three times. And my reward is to play an ultra hard level. But it's so hard you need awesome equipment that you can only get by grinding. The game is a mega grindathon. And lets be honest, grinding is boring. You need better gear, so you grind to get it to allow you to grind faster which allows you to get a better item so you grinding further improves. There really isn't a place for a short game with no end in the world. We don't need it. I finally turned it off and went back to WoW. Expand
  2. Jul 21, 2012
    avarage story and avarage graphics. A way too brief game for it's price. It's not even worth half the money. I mean, i won this so quickly, it felt like a joke to play it. I personally do not recommend the game to anybody, unless you can get it for free. I said to my friend, don't buy this, he tried mine through normal and he couldn't agree more. Blizzard needs to freshen up a bit. It'savarage story and avarage graphics. A way too brief game for it's price. It's not even worth half the money. I mean, i won this so quickly, it felt like a joke to play it. I personally do not recommend the game to anybody, unless you can get it for free. I said to my friend, don't buy this, he tried mine through normal and he couldn't agree more. Blizzard needs to freshen up a bit. It's getting old. Expand
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    Okay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. ThenOkay, this game is just AWFUL. And this is coming from someone who spent over 100 hours on it and beat the game on Inferno with my Wizard so I've given the game more than its fair chance. The first couple of times of beating the game are very fun, especially with friends, I will hand it to Blizzard. The art is nice, the music is not bad, and the environments are somewhat interesting. Then you reach the brick wall that is known as Inferno (the hardest difficulty) and you realize what Blizzard has been planning all along.

The mobs in Inferno suddenly become godlike and all your gear becomes instantly obsolete. Elites and even regular mobs will kick your ass unless you upgrade your very quickly. To make matters worse the game PUNISHES YOU for playing co-op on Inferno, the already disgustingly difficult mobs become near godly and unless you and your friends are supremely geared it's going to be an excruciating exercise in futility. Problem is that 95% of the loot you get in Inferno is literally garbage, so bad that even the NPC vendors will be reluctant to accept them. Magic find increases the chances of getting yellow items, but chances are they are still crap. There are far too many possible attributes during item rolls, so as a result you will almost always get items which make no sense whatsoever (example: Wizard hat with Strength, or Barbarian sword with Intelligence, etc.) and weapons in Act 4 of Inferno with 200 DPS. It's infuriating. It is so bad that when I killed Diablo on Inferno he dropped only blues, and not just any blues but TERRIBLE blues, stuff so bad you wouldn't even use it on Hell difficulty.

So you're thinking to yourself, WHY WHY WHY would they do this?! Why make the mobs so difficult and the gear so bad?!?!

WELL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE REACH THE GOAL OF BLIZZARD'S GAME DESIGN IN DIABLO 3: THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE!!!

As stated Inferno is so ridiculously difficult and the loot generally so bad that the ONLY WAY to progress is to use the Auction House. I only managed to beat the game by bidding low gold on items and shopping intelligently, but it took wayyyy longer than it should have. Not only this, I was BASICALLY FORCED TO USE THE AUCTION HOUSE TO BEAT THE GAME. Trust me this isn't just unique to me because I suck, 90% of my friends gave up at Inferno Act 1, those that stayed have had no choice but to use the Auction House as well. The game isn't skill dependent, it is only gear based.

PROBLEM IS that the gold prices of items have flown through the roof due to inflation, botters, and exploiters. So expect to see any half decent weapon for at least 10 million gold, which is no small amount of money. So a lot of people have resorted to using the Real Money Auction House and it's absolute chaos. I've seen people spending over $500 (yes real cash) on a SINGLE ITEM, a virtual item folks that will probably be obsolete in the next patch or expansion. I personally don't believe in spending real money on video game items (especially absurd amounts like stated above) but to each his own. -----

So I really can't help but feel like the entire game was designed to revolve around the Real Money Auction House. The difficulty is absurd at inferno, many of the bosses are basically gear-checks (can only be beaten with certain amounts of DPS) and the loot is so bad that you have no choice but to use the Auction House.

This game is a money grab, it's pay to win, and I'm not sticking around for when they implement Player vs. Player where it's going to be the battle of the credit cards.

I will admit that I got more than my money's worth and it was fun at times, but this franchise has been ruined and this is by FAR the worst Blizzard game I have ever played. I will not remember this fondly like I do Diablo 2 or the Starcraft Series.

SHAME ON YOU BLIZZARD, THIS GAME IS A SCAM

4. Jul 27, 2012
    Apart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the rightApart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the right to sell it at all ! ! not even at 1$. Probably the worst Blizzard product ever. Stay away. Expand
  5. Jul 31, 2012
    I give this a 4 points score. Why ?
    1) The story is toooooo obvious.
    2) The technical issues, (error 37, disconnection in European Realms, lag, stuttering because hard drive trouble) are too numerous. I have the feeling to play in a beta test stage. 3) Then, permanent connection requirement, drop rate stupid, and looting table are just not balanced for that kind of game. EVERYTHING is
    I give this a 4 points score. Why ?
    1) The story is toooooo obvious.
    3) Then, permanent connection requirement, drop rate stupid, and looting table are just not balanced for that kind of game. EVERYTHING is designed to use the AH ... This is ruining the game in my opinion.

I have tried to rise 5 kind of characters. 3 of them are already 60 capped. My main feeling is that i am looting things this is needed for a class when i am using an opposite one. Once again, this is frustrating.

I am truly disappointed by Blizzard choices, and in the future i will consider their next games with a lot of care before buy or not it. To my eye, Blizzard is no more a good game maker. Just a business company with the following goal : make sure that people is addicted and make the maximum profit thanks to that kind of players.
  6. Aug 1, 2012
    I gave them a score of 1.
    and that just because of the graphics and smooth action/walking part.
    the rest sucks big time in this game. i do not recommend it to anybody. they just want to fill their pockets with money. blizzard agreed with activision and turned to greed over fun. this comes from a 15 year long EX blizzard fan who played every single blizzard game untill now. I'm is
    I gave them a score of 1.
    and that just because of the graphics and smooth action/walking part.

blizzard agreed with activision and turned to greed over fun.

I'm is realy dissapoined how they destroyed the legacy by giving us this HALF completed dumbed down game.

i repeat: YOUR NOT SMART IF YOU BUY IT!!!
    if you like repeating the same 5 inches of the game for 10000 hours, have fun.
  7. Aug 5, 2012
    Diablo 3 launch was a complete failure. The game lags even on good PC, i7-860 with GTX 670 and 8 GBs DDR3 2000 MHZ. The game is dull and very boring. Now I know why a lot of the original developers have been leaving Blizzard. Blizzard no longer provides quality products it once did! This is the crappiest game in the whole series even Diablo 1 is a million times better than this Garbage!Diablo 3 launch was a complete failure. The game lags even on good PC, i7-860 with GTX 670 and 8 GBs DDR3 2000 MHZ. The game is dull and very boring. Now I know why a lot of the original developers have been leaving Blizzard. Blizzard no longer provides quality products it once did! This is the crappiest game in the whole series even Diablo 1 is a million times better than this Garbage! One word to describe Diablo 3 would be Boring! Not only that this game lags a lot and always online DRM does not make anything better. People still cheat, hack and steal! Dear Blizzard close your doors you are done as a developer! I hate Diablo 3 it just pisses me off on so many level. I just gave up on this crappy game and Blizzard! The fun factor of this game is zero so it gets a 0 out of 10 from me. Because I would never play this crap ever again! Expand
  8. Aug 6, 2012
    Total disappointment. I was expecting a quality game from Blizzard.
    Total disappointment. I was expecting a quality game from Blizzard.
    The game-play is incredibly boring and dull. Graphics are outdated and un-innovative, gameplay is tedious, the storyline is ridiculously bad and way too short and the character classes simply suck. You cannot modify you characters so apart from their armor they all look the same. The character mechanism have been retooled to the point of irrelevance. Blizzard had eight years to master one of the most anticipated games of all time. But there really is no improvements, and the game-play is cliché: you keep clicking hordes of demons, loot them and gain experience. I know that this is the basic mechanism of RPG's and the original Diablos, but it's just getting old.
  9. Aug 17, 2012
    the ridiculously overpowered monster packs and elites, mean you are forced to play with others, which are most the time clueless under geared noobs that make playing a nightmare. The lucky few who have dedicated friends and play in organised groups probably enjoy the game enormously. Unfortunately none of my friends decided to play which meant that I never managed to enjoy the game, a partthe ridiculously overpowered monster packs and elites, mean you are forced to play with others, which are most the time clueless under geared noobs that make playing a nightmare. The lucky few who have dedicated friends and play in organised groups probably enjoy the game enormously. Unfortunately none of my friends decided to play which meant that I never managed to enjoy the game, a part of which contributes to me being envious and ultimately the expression of this review. However that could have been avoided should blizzard have decided to make the whole game doable for solo players, which is probably not very difficult from a designers point of view. They just have to scale the monster abilities accordingly.
    From the start the game put me on the USA servers without any confirmation of questions. This was due to the fact that I had played the beta, which was on USA servers and I hadn't switched the account back after buying the game, so after my char was lvl 47, I found out I was on the wrong server, and refused to remake my char. I am therefore unable to use the real money auction house, which is one of the biggest selling points of D3. Blizzard still hasn't done anything about this problem which has been in shock, and I refused to play another 100 odd hours to get to where I am now.
    The always on connection requirement adds to this problem. My connection constantly lags and disconnects. I have had to kill countless monsters twice or even three times. Sure I understand that you want to provide a safe and secure and uncrackable system, but to stretch this to an extent where the regular players must update every move they make onto an extremely laggy server is beyond all explanation. Even if it is stable nowadays, there are still problems like when your computer crashes, and you find yourself in the middle of a massive monster pack at the front of the entrance immediately after you log back in. That's right you have been successfully farming with your friends, you dc'ed and they all died and kept dying and now noone can get away because there's a ridiculous waller / fast / arcane minion pack that one shots everyone. now you have to remake and go without any of your nephalem valors from scratch.
    This game is crap in ways that boil my very bones. I played wow for such a long time, and every patch all my efforts were completely pointless, it was as though I was a noob once again. I vow to never buy a blizzard game again.
  10. Sep 9, 2012
    Sept 9 - still a poor game. The problem is you still have to gear up from the auction house or spend real money for it. There is no end game. The drops are itemization is poor for a loot based game. They will never get rid of the constant internet connection which results in rubber banding happening in the game. These negative scores are the real scores the game should of gottenSept 9 - still a poor game. The problem is you still have to gear up from the auction house or spend real money for it. There is no end game. The drops are itemization is poor for a loot based game. They will never get rid of the constant internet connection which results in rubber banding happening in the game. These negative scores are the real scores the game should of gotten instead of the ones by these so called "critics" that gave it an 88. Expand
  11. Sep 13, 2012
    Thx Blizzard for ruining my favorite franchise. No offline play, no PvP, horribly short campaign and difficulty scaling that was not properly beta tested.

Good thing Guild Wars 2 is out now. D3 = Uninstalled.
  12. Sep 20, 2012
    Everything that make Diablo and Diablo 2:LOD fun was removed from Diablo 3. This is essentially a front end for the Real Money Auction House. Don't bother with this crap title. All the reviewers who gave it anything about a 70 were probably paid for their opinion.
  13. Sep 21, 2012
    I really tried to like this game but when it comes down to it the devs tried to make their version of Diablo that fails in content, creativity and in listening to the community. Furthermore, if they don't like how the game is going they will change something in a quick fix with out telling the customer what they are changing and why. The game they released is practically a beta stillI really tried to like this game but when it comes down to it the devs tried to make their version of Diablo that fails in content, creativity and in listening to the community. Furthermore, if they don't like how the game is going they will change something in a quick fix with out telling the customer what they are changing and why. The game they released is practically a beta still since they are having to balance this, fix that, remove this and that which was thought to improve. Expand
  14. Sep 22, 2012
    The more you put into a game, the more rewarded you should feel. Right? Not in Diablo 3...The game makes me feel like the more I put into it, the more punished I feel. Also, it is hard to get past the poor design and story, lackluster abilities, and that world of warcraft touch that shouldn't be overlapping into a Diablo game. I will be very hesitant and cautious when it comes to newThe more you put into a game, the more rewarded you should feel. Right? Not in Diablo 3...The game makes me feel like the more I put into it, the more punished I feel. Also, it is hard to get past the poor design and story, lackluster abilities, and that world of warcraft touch that shouldn't be overlapping into a Diablo game. I will be very hesitant and cautious when it comes to new titles from the company. Expand
  15. Sep 23, 2012
    Looks nice, plays like poop Avoid like the plauge. If you insist on playing it, at least play the free trial first so you can find out what a disappointment it is.
  16. Sep 24, 2012
    People who like juice boxes, being told what to do, who have no self respect, and enjoy products that break all the time for no reason will love this game. Please, buy it, support Blizzard and their mentality that you are lucky to play this **** game.
  17. Oct 9, 2012
    I cannot find anything good to say about this game. I wanted to like it, but it has no lasting end game. I played D2 for 11 years. D3 = 1 month. Too much hype; an insanely long development time that shows nothing other than perhaps legal issues regarding the auction house. Very poor story. I cannot fathom an expansion based on the ending. I prefer having the ability to make customI cannot find anything good to say about this game. I wanted to like it, but it has no lasting end game. I played D2 for 11 years. D3 = 1 month. Too much hype; an insanely long development time that shows nothing other than perhaps legal issues regarding the auction house. Very poor story. I cannot fathom an expansion based on the ending. I prefer having the ability to make custom games not the auto-assigning. Inferno prior to the latest patch as of this writing was as a friend called it, "utterly ridiculous and a cheap gimmick" and stopped upon completing Hell difficulty. I persisted, but it was not until I found richer friends who could use the auction house could I progress past Act 2. I have a long list of friends who I played with (and I started on launch weeping through error 37), and none of them have logged in for over a month now. Most went back to WoW or some other game. I recently started playing D2 and Torchlight II; I can live without awesome graphics.

All I care about are things like end game, replay-ability, more diversity, less grinding, and an attempt by a company to maximize the development time listening to the community.

I get it. I'm a veteran and my eyes are clouded by nostalgia. Still, I put in my time. I tried all classes. Tried Hardcore. It doesn't work. I don't think the game can be patched to fix the issues. It was a colossal mistake from all angles. I don't care about SP. That bothers older players, but I didn't play D2 for the single player. The critics obviously did not play the game; they need to actually play these games before reviewing. I mean there is something seriously wrong with such a massive disparity 3.7 vs 88? Personally, I wish I never bought the game. I really thought it was going to be keeping me up night after night for months. I got into the beta, and I thought it was just a random area for us to test. In no way did I find elements of the teaser gameplay released in 2008 that was 10x better than what I was given.

All in all, do yourself a favor and play anything else or if you really want to play wait until it is on sale or a certain man in charge of this game gets fired for making abusive remarks and/or the company gets off the high horse and goes back to its garage days where it has to think about the gamers and not instant profit, residual income, and other gimmicks that failed to keep me and lots of others away. Yes, that was a run-on. Terrible....so terrible.

I give it a 1 out of 10. Nothing can save this franchise. SC2 has more hope. Warcraft will always be their baby. I got that much out of the 20 year anniversary they posted on the website. 75% Warcraft, 20% Starcraft, 5% (barely a mentioning) Diablo. Fin.
  18. Oct 14, 2012
    I get sad when I think of what the game could have been but isn't. Everything from launch issues that kept me from playing for the first week to the fact that you have to trudge through every single difficulty level in order before the game gets anything close to challenging - I don't know what Blizzard had in their minds with this game and I'd be curious to know if even they did.

Most

Most everything has been simplified and randomized to such an extent that nearly no drops you get are good, almost forcing you to go to the in-game auction house which completely nullifies the purpose of a dungeon crawler in the first place. Diablo 2 was about grinding for loot, slowly getting better and more exciting items. Diablo 3 has no exciting items and you rarely find anything better than what the AH has to offer. Your best bet is to just grind gold and spend it on the market. They made a game with features completely contradictory of its purpose, which is very sad indeed.

Is it a bad game? Not per se. Combat is fun once you get to Inferno and enemies finally are difficulty, but then again you have to grind through the same content 3 times before you get there which is simply not worth it. Class design is quite good, the classes feel unique and complete, but again you only get to feel that in Inferno. They just borked this game completely, so many bad decisions must have taken place during the development of the game.

Other points of interest: Despite big names voice acting is mostly horrid, but I'd wager that the god awful script is at fault here. Not easy to perform when the material you have sucks. The story is so predictable and generic that at no point during the game was it a surprise when **** turned into *****. No epic twist, no interesting storytelling. Blizzard dropped the ball monumentally on this game which is nothing but an utter shame.
  19. Dec 14, 2012
    The art department did a good job. The setting, graphics and animations are all up to the Blizzard standard. The rest of the game, however, is really poor. Of course there's no offline single player. Then there's a complete lack of map randomization, something that even Diablo II in 2000 had. You can basically run through the game blind, because except for the underground parts it's alwaysThe art department did a good job. The setting, graphics and animations are all up to the Blizzard standard. The rest of the game, however, is really poor. Of course there's no offline single player. Then there's a complete lack of map randomization, something that even Diablo II in 2000 had. You can basically run through the game blind, because except for the underground parts it's always exactly the same. The story is boring and predictable, even for an ARPG. There's no replayability, because you can change your skills whenever you like and attributes are not customizable. Item hunting is boring, because you're always looking for the same stats in items. The promised PvP is still not there. The game lobby is terrible (can't make custom games). Level limit at 60 (ho ho, addon anyone?). I really gave the game a fair chance. I played 100+ hours and TRIED to like it, but even with the latest patches, I just can't. There's still too much wrong. Blizzard really tried to suck the money out of the fan base with this one. I guess they succeeded, but they lost a lot of fans. Was that worth it? Expand
  20. Jan 4, 2013
    I will not write that this Game is all Bad, it gave me 80-100 hours of fun, then i was 60 and the next 150h i never found something thats either worth something (more then 4 mill) or that i could wear myself in the endgame (except of 1 ring that wasnt that good as i thought)

The AuctionHouse and the very bad drops (too random) are the reason this Game is bad, i always tried to see the good aspects in Diablo3 (my friends quit much earlier then me) but after 300 hours i realized it just make no sense to play this Game after getting 60...the Paragon level give you nothing, the Hellfire Ring is always crappy...the drops are 99,999999% trash...and the Auction House kills everything D3 should be...dont play this game its waste of time
  21. Jan 24, 2013
    I'm writing this review just now, I bought it with high expectations the same day it has been released and I was and I am still disappointed. Lot of features missing (PvP ofc), game is too short, no interactions with npc, no interactions in cooperative mode, repetitive, too much repetitive (and after hours and hours of farming, not even good items). Really happy Wilson left Diablo3, heI'm writing this review just now, I bought it with high expectations the same day it has been released and I was and I am still disappointed. Lot of features missing (PvP ofc), game is too short, no interactions with npc, no interactions in cooperative mode, repetitive, too much repetitive (and after hours and hours of farming, not even good items). Really happy Wilson left Diablo3, he failed everything. Just saying, I bought TorchLight2 for play with friends and yes, it's chaotic, in cooperative mode you do not understand what's going on on the screen but it's still more enjoyable than Diablo3. Expand
  22. Feb 27, 2013
    Changed my mind. I was one of the suckers defending this game, and the game itself is not so bad, except for one thing. Through "coincidence" I happened to stop the slider for one of their videos at around 10-13 seconds, and saw some guys sticking out their tongues at the camera and giving devil horns. Then a group of people standing behind the camera with trophies in their hands likeChanged my mind. I was one of the suckers defending this game, and the game itself is not so bad, except for one thing. Through "coincidence" I happened to stop the slider for one of their videos at around 10-13 seconds, and saw some guys sticking out their tongues at the camera and giving devil horns. Then a group of people standing behind the camera with trophies in their hands like laughing and glaring at the camera. If these guys want to play like this then they can go "screw" themselves. I hope these guys choke on their success. I'm boycotting their products, until this issue gets solved. The last thing we need is a group of bullies and jerks disrespecting their fans. Bye Blizzard. Have a nice fall. "Pricks." I would personally like to punch each one of these guys in the face now. Expand
  23. Mar 11, 2013
    This is propably the worst game Blizzard has ever released. It was clearly rushed into release. The game has no end content what so ever. This game is an insult to the previous games on the franchise. There is no world pvp, the actual "pvp" is called brawling now which is a complete joke. Diablo 3 is no longer the Grim world as it should be, now its all colorful. The itemization isThis is propably the worst game Blizzard has ever released. It was clearly rushed into release. The game has no end content what so ever. This game is an insult to the previous games on the franchise. There is no world pvp, the actual "pvp" is called brawling now which is a complete joke. Diablo 3 is no longer the Grim world as it should be, now its all colorful. The itemization is horrible, and the game is run by bots controlling the economy. RMAH is also a complete failure. they decided to get rid of skilltrees/stats which really are the essence of the games on the genre. The chatrooms and social side of the game is non-existant Players no longer can make their own games. The story is like from a cheap hollywood movie. Diablo is a girl, cool stuff. You can no longer swap between acts. Party size decreased from 8 to 4. If you think this game is a worthy successor for Diablo 2, I can guarentee you its not, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  24. May 8, 2013
    Just the worst game I ever played in the whole world. The story suck as hell really and gameplay sucks like the story. The graphics.... Every thing just suck in this game (I want my money back).
  25. Jun 29, 2013
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    If they made diablo 2 lod with better graphic i think more would buy that game, than diablo 3. Everything that made diablo 2 good, is now missing, What i miss the most are the rune words, and the skill system. And i never had one decent drop, with over 200 hours gameplay. And yes, i do have mf and a budy of mione gave me items that i only could have been dreaming on getting myslef. I can play monster lvevl 5 all acts easy
  26. Sep 7, 2013
    Diablo 2 was such a great game. So much detail and fun. Not like this rushed piece of crap. The skills are so lame and the graphics make me wonder if bush is still president. This is a downgrade. U would think with such an amazing game like d2 they would put the best they had into this but ohhhhh no they wanna just get a quick buck off of us. Lame lame lame. Guess when they keep cancellingDiablo 2 was such a great game. So much detail and fun. Not like this rushed piece of crap. The skills are so lame and the graphics make me wonder if bush is still president. This is a downgrade. U would think with such an amazing game like d2 they would put the best they had into this but ohhhhh no they wanna just get a quick buck off of us. Lame lame lame. Guess when they keep cancelling the release of a game there's a good reason. Epic fail. Expand
  27. Dec 29, 2013
    Diablo 3 was good for about 7 days of gameplay, and that's it. Tremendous disappointment, stay far, far away from this and its upcoming expansion.

Here's a list of the major issues: 1) Online DRM. Leads to you not being able to play your single player game when servers are frequently down. Also you get some lag hiccups which can cause character deaths and slow down in the action.

Here's a list of the major issues:

2) Loot drops terrible. Blizzard's goal seems to be to have all players buy their gear on the real money auction house. Loot drops are plentiful garbage, with next to nothing being something you would use. 99% of my gear came from the gold auction house. This is basically an E-bay simulator, not an ARPG. I suspect Blizzard creates loot and posts it themselves on the RMAH to make more money.

3) Minimal randomization. Most of each map is the same everytime, have a few minor variations on sections.

4) Very short game. You can do a run through in a few hours of all four acts. Add point #3 to this and it makes the game boring.

5) Next to no character customization, again what's the point in playing this again?

The combat system is good, but sadly the rest of the game is not. We waited 10 years for this?
  28. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is the definition of instant gratification, no complexity, no challenge and no depth. No permanent meaningful choices, change your mind at any point. It's a shame really because visually it looks good and it has the quality of a Blizzard game in terms of how it runs, they just made some very poor design decisions.

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay

On top of it all they added the Real Money Auction House pay real money for success instead of putting in the time and effort. Why did Blizzard turn their backs on the previous games and still decide to call this game Diablo? This game doesn't deserve to be called Diablo.

Let this game be an example to other developers of what to avoid when developing a game.
  29. Feb 26, 2014
    Putting aside the issues a game launch for the moment : Any game that requires always online DRM to play what is essentially a single player game should be avoided at all costs. In the case of Diablo III, this is nothing but a cynical ploy to get players hooked up to the Auction House so Blizzard can replace some of the revenues they are losing from WOW.

As to the issues at game launch:

As to the issues at game launch:

1. Blizzard was aware of the number of games sold by preorder and presumptively capable of being able to calculate sales at launch. This is one of the primary functions of their marketing department.
    2. Blizzard did not adjust download capacity at launch to meet these requirements.
    3. Blizzard did not adjust server capacity to meet the on-line play requirements at launch or subsequent to launch.

Conclusion:

1. Blizzard deliberately launched a game which they knew they could not fully support.
    2. Blizzard deliberately sold a game which they knew its customers would not be able to play in full or in part for some period of time after launch.
    3. As many have pointed out in the past, this is effectively fraud. Deliberately selling a product that does not work is unacceptable in almost any industry, and should be considered criminal.
    4. These actions show that Blizzard views and treats its customers with complete contempt.

Solution:

1. Do not buy this or any other games from this Blizzard.
    2. Do not buy this or any other game requiring on-line play for single player games.
  30. Mar 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Biggest Fail game of the century.

Sucks so bad it has over 5k zero ratings.

Enough said

Diablo 3 is so boring you would have more fun at a bingo hall. Also the connection problems at launch are awful and show how incompetent Blizzard is. The graphics in game are also not close to what a Diablo game should look like.

1. Aug 31, 2012