Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 18, 2012
    Diablo 3 would have been acceptable years ago, but games and their players have advanced since the last update in this series. Seems odd that it took so long for a game that seems essentially a higher-resolution version of D2 to become reality. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, but I've seen better versions of this genre from smaller developers, at a lower price, and without theDiablo 3 would have been acceptable years ago, but games and their players have advanced since the last update in this series. Seems odd that it took so long for a game that seems essentially a higher-resolution version of D2 to become reality. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, but I've seen better versions of this genre from smaller developers, at a lower price, and without the always-connected limitations. Expand
  2. May 18, 2012
    Diablo is definitively not to be purchased at 50 or 40$. Mandatory internet connection is just wrong. We need solo player. Automatic skills selection is wrong. Tested on a friend PC, I will buy it when it is 10$. Does not deserve more. If you want a real great sequel to Diablo 2 go and support Path Of Exile which is what Diablo 3 should have been.
  3. May 19, 2012
    This game is unplayable because of DRM. I have 6Mbps ADSL Internet connection and pings in other games like 80-120ms. In D3 my average ping is of 600-1000. This is incredibly unplayable even at single player campaign.
    I've wasted 60 euros just because Blizzard was a trusted company for me till here. I don't care about graphics and sound, i don't care about many years of development of that game. I simply log in, watch my hero "jumping through space" in lags and i quit.
  4. May 19, 2012
    this is an absolute joke. even if it was the most beautiful and engaging game released ever (which it is not) it is still inexcusable to only be able to play the SOLO part of the game ONLINE. what if i don't have wireless in my house? what if i want to play on my laptop in my room where the signal is poor. what if i want to play it in the car? what if i want to play it on my lunchthis is an absolute joke. even if it was the most beautiful and engaging game released ever (which it is not) it is still inexcusable to only be able to play the SOLO part of the game ONLINE. what if i don't have wireless in my house? what if i want to play on my laptop in my room where the signal is poor. what if i want to play it in the car? what if i want to play it on my lunch break at work where i don't have internet access? i have paid good money for this product and expect to be able to play it wherever and whenever i want. this is DRM gone mad and i hope someone gets fired for this joke of a release Expand
  5. May 19, 2012
    I give one point for Diablo 3 for changes for the skill system, which is way better than in the D2 (personally liked the D1 system better). I must give second point for Diablo 3 for the non-featured ability to make other games more interesting. Haven't played games for a long time with such vigor! Good job Blizzard. Every time I start playing Diablo 3 a compelling feeling forces me to goI give one point for Diablo 3 for changes for the skill system, which is way better than in the D2 (personally liked the D1 system better). I must give second point for Diablo 3 for the non-featured ability to make other games more interesting. Haven't played games for a long time with such vigor! Good job Blizzard. Every time I start playing Diablo 3 a compelling feeling forces me to go back to old games or by a new one from Steam! Never felt better! Still I payed too steep price for such revelation.

Consider carefully for buying this game. Read reviews and make up your own mind.
  6. May 20, 2012
    Okay, Diablo 3's quite good, but the download and login problems are bloody chronic. I think this low rating gives a nice little warning that making single player games require login, then **** up the login servers just isn't acceptable. Giving 3/10 to push it closer to 3.3 (as in Error 33).
  7. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III does not reach my expectations, but they were extremely high and unreachable. Diablo III is a great followup from Diablo II. It's downside is that the music does not create the same athmosphere as diablo II's music did. They have relied much on nostalgia when creating the music, and not succeeded with creating fresh and new awesome diablo music. Also the game is short. I wasDiablo III does not reach my expectations, but they were extremely high and unreachable. Diablo III is a great followup from Diablo II. It's downside is that the music does not create the same athmosphere as diablo II's music did. They have relied much on nostalgia when creating the music, and not succeeded with creating fresh and new awesome diablo music. Also the game is short. I was expecting a 20~ hour playthrough and it took me 10 hours to complete and i listened to all the lore and went into all the caves i found while exploring. I mean, about 6 years development, come on! The new fresh skillsystem is welcome though. Delete's the possibility to fail your character and still maintains alot of customization options.

Also the launch issues were annoying. Achievements has not been working, In my first playthrough i did not recieve any achievement at all. Nevertheless it's a great game and it's easily worth the money. I will spend hundreds of hours playing it.
    If you like bashing skulls on a bazzilion amount of monstrous creatures, Do not hesitate!
  8. May 20, 2012
    Diablo has been Kotified. No more farming items, you have to farm cash to spoend in the Auction House. With real life money AH coming next week no surprise the whole game is designed to push you into using it.
  9. May 20, 2012
    Single player has all the worst features of a MMo, first of all server availability. Europe severs offline on sunday: no single player, no game, only the sensation of the worst work in blizzard history.
  10. May 20, 2012
    so many blizzard fanboys giving a 10 to a very bad game,and the critics that gave this game a 88 must be in payrole,but we have seen this in a lot of other poor games just to sell a couple more games.
    good luck to play this game when the servers die and at this rate it wont take long to blizzard close the servers,keep buying games with drm and online activation and the future is a very bad place for all the players.
  11. May 21, 2012
    Everything you loved about Diablo 1 and 2 where removed in this game. No more custom stats. No more skill trees. No more character customization. Graphics are okay at best. The storyline is horrible. The only well-done thing is the cinematics. I'm afraid Blizzard has totally and completely become Activision. Where their motto is: "Gamers don't know what they want - we know whatEverything you loved about Diablo 1 and 2 where removed in this game. No more custom stats. No more skill trees. No more character customization. Graphics are okay at best. The storyline is horrible. The only well-done thing is the cinematics. I'm afraid Blizzard has totally and completely become Activision. Where their motto is: "Gamers don't know what they want - we know what gamers want." They completely and utterly ignore what their customers state they want in a game. Oh . . . and no Cow Level. Expand
  12. May 22, 2012
    Overall a poor effort by ActivisionBlizzard.

The initial server stability problems were terrible but forgivable. Unfortunately, this game just isn't very good. To begin, the actual campaign is very short. Acts 1 & 2 come in at a reasonable size, but Acts 3 & 4 just feel terribly rushed. This should be offset by the replayability of facing multiple difficulty levels in new procedurally
    Overall a poor effort by ActivisionBlizzard.

To begin, the actual campaign is very short. Acts 1 & 2 come in at a reasonable size, but Acts 3 & 4 just feel terribly rushed. This should be offset by the replayability of facing multiple difficulty levels in new procedurally generated zones. The generated levels just don't work; they compare poorly even to the decade-old Diablo 2. Typically there are few if any variations to the level structure, and randomization is achieved by dropping objectives and monsters haphazardly over this template. It feels completely entirely the same as when you cleared it the last time.

The game's story is weak. Admittedly, no one really plays an ARPG for the story, but this one just feels very lazy. In Diablo 2 events happened because you were chasing Diablo. It drove the story and events happened within that framework. In Diablo 3 it's not really clear what you're doing; you simply react to a series of events. One thing happens and you investigate, and once you finish off one antagonist a brand new one pops up to advance the game. There's little sense of continuity from one mission to the next. The one surprise built into the story is utterly predictable.

Of course, the important part of an ARPG is going to be in the characters, combat and actual gameplay.

Combat is a mixed bag. The developers have really tried to make fight more tactical at all levels of the game. When it works it really *works* and produces a fun and exciting experience. This really isn't made to scale properly with level difficulty. Rather than monsters acting more intelligently or providing more varied encounters, higher difficulties just tack on more hitpoints and damage to everything. There is a sweet spot where technique and character build really matter, but for most of the game you either crush everything without a thought or just die to your foe without even the chance to react. Champion mobs get special modifiers which can produce unique fights, but once again turn into a situation whereby they are completely easy, or impossibly difficult. There is definitely a spot where characters and difficulty match up perfectly. If Blizzard could manage to match these up more consistently then this could be a great game. For most of the game, they just miss. The place where this is most apparent is in the end game. It is apparent that Inferno mode was never properly playtested. Because the AI doesn't become any smarter as you advance, Inferno mode was made difficult by simply piling damage onto monster. The practical result is that classes that can avoid damage and attack from range can move straight to the end, whereas classes that were meant to mitigate damage and get close to the enemies cannot participate at all. In summation: poorly tuned, lousy story, and repetitive.

3/10.
  13. May 23, 2012
    My experience with Diablo III hasnâ
  14. May 23, 2012
    Aside from technical difficulties and the need to be connected online to be able to play in single player the game doesn't shine at all. No class customization, very bland gameplay and really outdated graphics. This game is beyond casual and I find myself having a hard time playing it since there so many better games out there. And I'd rather still play Diablo 2 then the new one. NoAside from technical difficulties and the need to be connected online to be able to play in single player the game doesn't shine at all. No class customization, very bland gameplay and really outdated graphics. This game is beyond casual and I find myself having a hard time playing it since there so many better games out there. And I'd rather still play Diablo 2 then the new one. No real innovations and the game feels like a step back from Diablo 2. Really disappointed I would not recommend buying the game. I really hope they release major updates to include more class customization.... Expand
  15. May 23, 2012
    The game may be good, I cant tell however, because there is TOO MUCH LAG IN MY SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Sloppy execution, who the **** knows about story, cant get 10 minutes in at a time.
  16. May 23, 2012
    The tuning in Inferno is the dumbest game design decision I have ever seen. What was blizzard thinking? Missing half the features at launch with a social system worse than D2's is just icing on the turdcake.
  17. May 23, 2012
    Cannot believe how disappointing this game has been to me. Blizzard completely missed the mark.

And yet they literally remain silent, hundreds of thousands of accounts are being hacked every single day because of a server loophole and they say and do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in

Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in due to the 5000 exploitable chests/bosses etc that are in this game, its not about grinding gear for inferno it's about grinding money for buying gear from the AH that people have exploited to farm inferno.
  18. May 25, 2012
    I was willing to overlook the connection problems, the poor itemization, the terrible story, and the general dumbing down of characters. What I'm not willing to overlook however, is that my account has been hacked half a dozen times now, without my account itself being compromised. Blizzards servers themselves are vulnerable to attack, effectively destroying any effort put into the game.I was willing to overlook the connection problems, the poor itemization, the terrible story, and the general dumbing down of characters. What I'm not willing to overlook however, is that my account has been hacked half a dozen times now, without my account itself being compromised. Blizzards servers themselves are vulnerable to attack, effectively destroying any effort put into the game. Activision Blizzard keeps ignoring the problem, blaming players who "must have" given up their login info somehow, when I'm absolutely certain that is not the case. Do not buy this game. I wanted to love it, but I can't. Activision has effectively destroyed any reputation for quality Blizzard had with the release of this game, and it's so incredibly sad. Expand
  19. May 25, 2012
    I have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can'tI have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can't "use" melee/ranged items.... The list goes on and on. After hours of giving the game a chance to impress me and moving all the way to Act 3, I was absolutely disgusted how boring, childish, and overall fake everything came out to be. The atmosphere of the game isn't dark enough and I don't feel like I have any control over the outcome of the character. This game does not deserve the word Diablo in its title!! Honest to God I went out and sold the game to someone my cousin knew and helped them change the blizzard account information. YEAH.. IT WAS THAT TERRIBLE.... Blizzard, you honestly blew it. SOOOO Disappointing....... Expand
  20. May 25, 2012
    D3 totally the worst game this year, less than half of characters' skills are usable, classes unbalance, and bugs (item copying, directly open treasure chests), and WTF the boss Diablo's attack pattern is completely copy form D2!!!! Also the game difficulty, most people beat the game at launch day and they now tune the game harder / nerf characters, do dev think this is fun?? fxxk you blizzard
  21. May 26, 2012
    A big let down can play single player with out being logged in. graphics are ok nothing big. If they wanted to make a good game then they should have done away with the log in stuff for a single player game i can care less about co-op
  22. May 27, 2012
    I am just going to state the facts.

Diablo2, everybody just spammed Baal Throne room, Diablo sanctuary runs, and Andreal runs but the loot you could get off them had a higher chance of dropping good rares and uniques. Diablo3, Blizzard took the concept of Ball Throne room mobs, spread them out across the map, force players to fight mobs before reaching the big bosses, and even when
    I am just going to state the facts.

Diablo3, Blizzard took the concept of Ball Throne room mobs, spread them out across the map, force players to fight mobs before reaching the big bosses, and even when you win, you had no guarantee that the drops were going to be good.

Diablo3, gave elites too much "annoying power" that forced players to kite mobs back to the entrance of the dungeon or around in circles. Playing co-op has its advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes you have a group with bad geared people who can't take down elites, sometimes you have one person who has good gear and the rest bad which always results in the good geared person leaving the game because he can kill faster in solo than in co-op, the last scenario is a game were everybody has good gear but the point is gear grinding is very dull and item rolls and augments are random meaning that 1/16 of the time you will get a level 60 weapon that has the +XP augment which is totally useless since the level cap is 60 anyway.
  23. May 28, 2012
    A lot of parts of the game feels untested (especially Inferno) . Class balance is non
    existent, few classes is making insane amounts of gold by farming inferno act 3-4 while other cant earn a dime , progress beyond act 1. Itemization seems vastly inferior to one in Diablo 2.
  24. May 28, 2012
    Gameplay/fun = 7.5 - (When playable)
    Server/support = 0 - Game is not playable in current form - spend some money on Australian servers
    RPG elements = 5 - little customisation no way to make a great (or bad) character as all players are the same if leveled up Graphics = 5 - ok but from 5 years ago Story = 7 - what you expect for this type of game Verdict = Simplified but fun game when
    Gameplay/fun = 7.5 - (When playable)
    Graphics = 5 - ok but from 5 years ago
    Story = 7 - what you expect for this type of game
    Verdict = Simplified but fun game when playable, should have been better. Recommendations - don't buy it in Australia at the Aussie price - at peak hours you may not be able to play the game you paid for or it will lag sooo much you will smash your computer in frustration. Wait for Torchlight 2 at half the price and double the fun. If the game was playable wih decent server support then score would be 6/10 but after buying a game I would like to play it and I can't. Might be ok if another company did this too me but Blizzard should give us better with their multiplayer history and amounts of money from making the game.
  25. May 29, 2012
    Over a decade in the making - Blizzard presents you with the most fantastic game release failure in recent memory. The game, is ok - however - with the anticipation of D3, the huge resources of Blizzard - the end product is unforgivable.

The game, has potential, if it worked. In the spirit of other Blizzard titles - we have whining players, constant changes to classes, mechanics, gameplay - and inconsistent application of stats. It just has this sour taste ... reminiscent of another Blizzard title. This is Diablo, not World of Whinecraft. Diablo fans want what they expect, not an unfinished, untested game that is flawed, broken in many ways - and still a work in progress. As a Diablo fan - who has played all 3 Diablo I'm soundly disappointed by this mediocre release. Even the auction house doesn't work. Nothing works in game! I didn't expect to play a half-finished beta - served as a final product. Pathetic.
  26. May 31, 2012
    This game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want andThis game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want and you will still pay them Expand
  27. May 30, 2012
    At best this is Malibu Stacy with a new hat, The the game itself is quite polished and the world, is very refined, special effects, lighting, character models, sound and atmosphere are all nicely put together. The story and cinematics are bland and not at all entertaining, making grinding for loot the only reason to play the game. after that much time and that much money spent BlizzardAt best this is Malibu Stacy with a new hat, The the game itself is quite polished and the world, is very refined, special effects, lighting, character models, sound and atmosphere are all nicely put together. The story and cinematics are bland and not at all entertaining, making grinding for loot the only reason to play the game. after that much time and that much money spent Blizzard only come out with a John Carter of a game. Expand
  28. May 30, 2012
    Poor search functions on the AH
    Unstable servers - Stupid always online DRM. Today, 2 weeks after launch it still isn't working properly.
    Poor search functions on the AH
    The story has big plot holes and it is anticlimactic. The lack of stat and skill points is stupid, and it prevents the existence of heavier armors for melee characters. That every class uses the same armor is stupid. The game is way too simplified for my liking. The loot drops for characters 10 levels below your actual character, and it is usually completely useless, like wizard hats with strength on.
  29. May 31, 2012
    Enhanced graphics and great cinematics. That are the two cool points of Diablo 3.
    The rest is a crappy version of Diablo 2. Bad story, bad character development, awfull loot system, obligatory use of AH to get decent stuff for inferno mode, unsatisfactory play experience after normal mode... 'nough said.
  30. May 31, 2012
    This game is unplayable. Its great, graphics are superb, sound, etc, but its unplayable. Dont waste money. You will just sit and keep logging in for hours only to get kicked from the game to long in again. Play free offline version - you save money and can actually enjoy it!

1. Aug 31, 2012