3.9

1. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  2. May 20, 2012
    For the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and the voice acting is top notch. Sound in general are nearly perfect. The auction house (just started using it) is great, just used my gold from the game (I would never use real money to buy virtual things, sorry Blizzard) to pick up some freaking awesome armor and two axes. Throw in randomly generated maps, and characters that are wildly different means I will be playing this at least one more time (whenever I finish the Barbarian, that is, already about 30 hours in, probably half way through?). Super fun game. Sorry to the folks with bad internet connections. That does suck, and feel for you (I do not like this DRM type either), but when used in the environment Blizzard forces you to use it in, it is a kick butt game. Expand
  3. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  4. May 16, 2012
    Despite an initial hiccup with the login/game servers and a few bugs here and there, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to the series. The graphics are better than on-par for 2012, the skills are creative, the classes astounding, and the storyline entertaining.
  5. May 16, 2012
    This game spooked me like no game since the first Diablo has. The story is epic, the narrative well-integrated with gameplay, which is cutting edge for the genre. I know I'll be playing it for months to come.
  6. Fix
    May 21, 2012
    This game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected to the internet regardless. Also, playing solo isn't nearly as fun as playing in a group. Expand
  7. May 18, 2012
    I played both previous episodes and the 3rd one is no disappointment for me. Gorgeous graphics, beautiful music and very good gameplay. All of this enabled us and our friends to find the exact same pleasure as before when we allied to fight the forces of evil.

Even if there were some connections problems on 1st day, they disappeared on 2nd day.

Good job Blizzard
  8. May 20, 2012
    TLDR: Great game, some release issues. Most polished, deep and captivating aRPG ever released. Will be hard for PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 or others to match this one. Not revolutionary in much, but everything it does have works and works EXTREMELY well.

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more:

Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before
    I get into Nightmare mode! This is an incredibly fun and addictive aRPG. A lot of depth that will not even become available to you until you are 20+ hrs into the game. I've only played it for 8 hrs but that was enough to get a feel for the barbarian class. If you like these kinds of games then this is more of the same with an added dash of love and awesomeness. The challenge does ramp up and yes it's a clickfest and gear stat driven game, but it works and the story is good enough to pull you along. Voice acting is spot on. Music is incredible. The amount of variation in level design and enemy design is VERY VERY good for how rich and detailed the game world is. especially compared to other aRPGs. I am knocking off 1 point for the painful release servers and another point for the annoying always-online DRM, but would quickly add back 1 point if the latency I was getting wasn't > 200 ms with some noticeable server stutter at times (this is more likely due to me being in Australia and having to play on 'the Americas' servers... than anything wrong with the netcode which seems fine. I actually hardly notice the latency except maybe once or twice an hour).

Auction house is very easy to use, has good search functionality and I was able to sell equipment and buy stuff that I wanted easily. Very fluid system. No issues. I think this adds great replayability and what not to the game. Also the ability to created socketed items and move the gems around is really nice as I'm no longer worried about breaking gems and losing things that took forever to earn. Also this is really good for creating alts as you'll be able to start them with a set of full socketed gear to give them a huge DPS advantage in the early levels and get through it quick.

Achievements are not normally my thing, but in a game like this they feel akin to the achievements in TF2, where you've always got something random to work towards and it's just another fun diversion during the chaos of battle.

Dungeon design - I am IN LOVE with the dungeon design. The worst dungeon design i have seen in my life was Dragon Age 2. Bioware, play this game, they have randomly generated dungeons with repeated art assets and I'm YET to feel like I'm in the same dungeon ever. Nailed it Blizzard! Halls of Agony were EXCELLENT.

Multiplayer - easy enough to get into, found my friends nicely. Works. No issues.

9/10.
  9. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is incredible. After 12 years of waiting, I can say without a hint of reservation that this is the one game I've played since Grand Theft Auto IV that has delivered. That being said, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. There have been a number of changes which may polarize diehard fans of the original, but that I think make for a more enjoyable experience. Diablo 3 is a cooperative game. The loot system ensures that everyone gets their own drops. You know longer have to be the fastest clicker to get loot.

The combat is more interactive. You have a set of abilities to choose from that work like a toolkit. You can customize your character on the fly and choose abilities that work better with different classes.

For instance, I play a Barbarian. If I'm grouped with a lot of ranged, I'll use my AoE stuns, and taunts. I also plug in my defensive traits. If I'm running with other melee, I'll use my cleave abilities etc. If I'm soloing, I'll run offensive abilities.

The trait system is like Guild Wars. You have a set of abilities, up to six at any given time which you can swap in and out as well as some passive abilities that add things like extra crit, more health drops, etc.

Also, gone is the potion-spamming **** You can actually play this game. You don't just run into a group of enemies spamming pots, and praying you don't get gibbed. You can actually use your brain to solve problems.

You don't die as much. This isn't a bad thing. Diablo 2 was known for just kind of **** you every now and again. Diablo 3 will still **** you over, but only if you're a derp. In Diablo 3, you can actually use strategy to succeed as opposed to cookie cutter builds, must-have equipment, and button spam.

As for the red scores. I get it. Blizzard's servers were down on launch. They're up now. They're stable, and the game rocks. If you want to play the natural evolution of a genre-creating title, get Diablo 3. You won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for the same old, exploit-ridden derp-fest that is diablo 2. Then just buy Diablo 2. Also, if you want to skip all that real money auction house **** Play on Hardcore.
  10. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  11. May 18, 2012
    Is the perfect game. No other near in the Action/RPG. If you want a great PC game, Diablo III is de PC GOTY. A lot of people put 0 to this game. Those people is subjective.
  12. May 15, 2012
    As an avid D1/D2 player from release, this game is a worthy sequel. I have no clue what is persuading so many people to have such a raging tantrum. It's ridiculous.
  13. May 22, 2012
    Fantastic game. Great sequel and wrap-up of the Diablo story, excellent gameplay and artistic approach, and definite replayability (if that's a word lol).
  14. May 19, 2012
    Diablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a game to rush through, but to savor and enjoy in small, delicious slices. People tend to forget that Diablo's charm lies in its own simplicity. People looking for anything other than compulsive clicking and looting should play different games, fortunately the world is full of alternatives. For me, Diablo III is what I wanted. Thanks Blizzard for sticking to the core of this franchise instead of trying to make it something else. Expand
  15. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  16. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  17. Auz
    May 19, 2012
    I was at first put off by all the changes made, I had wondered to myself "could this be the same people that brought me D2?" but after putting in a liberal amount of time these initially depressing changes became welcome additions. I mean to be honest I loved the skill system in D2, I don't have the time these days to create multiple lvl 99's to fully enjoy a class. The combat is just as fun as ever, the story is just as awesome as ever, and the game plays wonderfully, the longest loading time I had to sit through was about 3 seconds.

Now the reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10.. when mousing over the skills they give you no details about what the ability does, there is no easy way to switch what abilities your using, and well as an older gamer I cannot support the DRM..
  18. May 17, 2012
    That's a great game, and all you haters aren't gonna change it. Flaws with connection to servers at start are fact, but now they are gone, and all it's left is old, good Diablo.
  19. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  20. May 15, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune system from 2. The graphics engine is dated and inefficient, I wish they had put little more time into exploiting the high end hardware and maybe even DX11 support. I you Like DIablo 2 and Torchlight, you will love this. Expand
  21. May 16, 2012
    I find it amusing how everyone gave it horrible ratings because of opening night and not being able to log in. Was expected in my book. I absolutely love the game. The new skills are a change from Diablo 2, but I didn't come here to play Diablo 2's overpowered skill sets and I am not going to compare this game to World of Warcraft or Starcraft like the other idiots do.

Anyways, the
    story is great so far and keeps me wanting to play more to see what happens. I like the flow of the game and the mechanics seem quite balanced. The graphics are not too shabby for a side scroll top down sorta thing mode and are improved slightly from the engine they used for Starcraft 2.

Overall, I am very pleased to have gotten my collectors edition and can't wait for any expansions to be following the D3 line or any other Blizzard game line. Keep up the good work and next time, be more prepared on opening night so you get better user rating :P
  22. May 17, 2012
    Simply put. This game is everything I could have hoped for! It still feels like Diablo while adding tones of new features! The servers went down the first two days, but I feel that should not impact the games over all quality or review. I have played hour and hours of it already and feel that it is one of the best games I have played in a long time.
  23. May 16, 2012
    This game has surpassed my expectations. It is gorgeous, sounds great, is ridiculously fun, and infinitely replayable. It is a much better multiplayer experience than D2. I don't know have anything to complain about except how it's going to monopolize all of my limited free time. Server overloads aside, it's been a flawless experience.
  24. May 27, 2012
    All you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit any situation, though you will find that you will stick to a general build most of the time. It would be nice to have definable presets that you could switch between. I laugh at the haters on here whining about it getting boring after 50 hours... 50 HOURS!! that's already way more than you can expect to get out of the current line up of non-MMORPG blockbuster titles. Like any game, it isn't perfect but what it offers is worth every cent. Why break the mold if you're already onto a winner? Expand
  25. May 15, 2012
    Tons of fun, a couple hiccups at launch but a really enjoyable game. I cant wait to bang my head against the wall in inferno. The changes in the skill system are good, saving up points was not a fun mechanic.
  26. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  27. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    All of the negative feedback for this game is a joke. I am an oldschool diablo 2 player and seriously diablo 3 just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Sure there are a few bugs sometimes, yet I am now on level 43 nightmare absolutely loving the online play in this game. It also go great guns single player.

Hurray blizzard.
  29. May 16, 2012
    I'd realistically rate it somewhere between an 8 or 9... I've played about three hours so far and it's very fun. Only got one error 37... Recommended.
  30. Mar 4, 2014
    Since Loot 2.0 this game is cracking good fun. It took a while (perhaps too long) to iron out the creases. The haters gonna hate. But it is now close to perfection. I still can lose hours to it no worries.
  31. May 17, 2012
    This is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, in this modern day, a sequel is no more than an expansion with a high-res texture pack in the guise of a sequel. Since it seems the industry is committed to this formula, here is Diablo III, doing the same things it predecessors did but with a few more features and more glitz. In this sense, it is perfect. However, there was a time where this game would have had to be much more than it is. Expand
  32. Oct 13, 2012
    After 100 hours with my demon hunter i just can say that Diablo 3 is an awesome game that some nerds hate. everything that makes a good game is there but some decisions like DRM or the loot system for lvl 60 players are just crap, i'm glad that blizzard is fixing these issues, when they polish the game we may be can call Diablo 3 one of the best games on pc history
  33. May 23, 2012
    Fantastic game. Beautiful graphics, story, voice acting and gameplay. Less than perfect due to the DRM affecting ongoing gameplay (network lag when I'm playing single player... seriously?).

These zero scores make me laugh.
  34. May 19, 2012
    This is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like no other game world I've known. The graphics are fantastic as well. 3) The Classes and the Loot: I really like the classes Diablo3 has. Sure, you get the classic Mage, Archer, Warrior type classes but these classes just look really cool and the armour sets are so varied it is insane. It take a lot for me to give a game a 9 but I am really enjoying it. The only thing I would complain about is that it is a very non-open world, but this is really just sticking with the same formula from past Diablo games. Also, in past Diablo games the dungeons were randomly generated which I thought was cool and added to the re-playability. I honestly don't know what all of these haters are thinking. The game is fun, stop nit picking and just chill and play the game. Blizzard has done a wonderful job with the game...video game expert and newbies can play this game which is really great from a marketing standpoint and makes it fun for everyone. Not everybody is a 16 hour a day WoW player, give me a break. Expand
  35. May 16, 2012
    First of all, I played diablo 1 for some half hour, and didn't play diablo 2 at all. That's because I really dislike hack and slash games. And then Diablo 3 happened to me, since I play wow and they simply gave it for free for 1 year subscribers. That was first plus in my book. When I finally started 1 hour after 00.00 (yes, everyone tries to connect, and blizz aint gonna spend 3x more money just for players to be able to log on in the 1st hour of launch. On that note, I don't understand the drm runt, you knew its gonna be there, you knew theres gonna be problem in first few days with servers. Blizz doesnt support piracy and actually is investing some money to fight it), pluses just kept showing in my book. Story, lore and dialogues are very good. Its par with much more serious titles, not just hack and slash (bear in mind that I didn't play dibalo 1 and 2). Graphic is not top notch technically, but artistic impression is fantastic. When you're playing multiplayer, and when you gain some levels, and when you came across some 50 monsters with their abilities, its explosion of colors (in good way) from spells, abilities, blood and gore... excellent, and without any graphical hickups.
    there's also good deal of side dungeons (that are not connect to main quest). Another good thing is when you logoff, and then back on later everything resets except main story. Dungeons are not where they used to be (if they are there at all, but there can also be more dungeons than last time), layout is not the same etc., so this adds a lot to replayability . All in all, as someone who didn't play diablo before, and someone who doesn't like hack and slash at all, I have only words of praise for this title. Blizzard didn't disappoint me (again :)). I would give it 9, but seeing all this nerd rage, it's 10, this game deserves much more than 3.6 average
  36. May 20, 2012
    I'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtime on release day). Further, I'm having a ball! I love this game. It's total fun, and my friends (who are old-time Diablo game players) are loving it, too. I really think the complainers are in a very small minority. Kudos to Blizzard for another incredibly good game! Expand
  37. May 21, 2012
    Really great game. Blizzard have managed to create a game with the gameplay from the second game, and the mood from the first. Only have positive things to say about the game. I see a lot of flaming about downtime etc, but what the hell do people expect? To the flamers that expected 100% uptime after launch, grow some balls and try to understand the issues related to a release this massive. It isnt the latest version of solitare. Great game, great story, awesome overall. Ty Blizzard! Expand
  38. May 20, 2012
    The DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and four difficulty levels and billions of items make for a fantastic game. Diablo 2's failure was that most items were bad, most skills and builds were bad, and online everything was hacked. Diablo 3 has none of those problems. Incredibly disgusting monsters, frightening gangs made chilling by fantastic music and environment. This is a game that will draw you in, if you let it. Expand
  39. May 15, 2012
    I love this game! The art direction the feel and the flavor of the characters is spot on. The story so far has been masterfully told and I find the game is very immersive and hard to put down once you have started. I have not yet used the auction house. I probably will dabble it it a little in the coming days.

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a
    half hours and while that does reflect poorly on Blizzard it is not related to how I score the game. Knowing Blizzard, by the time you read this, server issues will be sorted and we'll enjoy years of trouble free entertainment. Expand
  40. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. Everything about it is a complete improvement over Diablo 2. This game is far more balanced than Diablo 2 ever was. Plus, the difficulty is fun as HELL. Normal mode is a walk in the park, but once you get to Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, the game really starts to kick your ass. The story is nothing radical or great, but it is a clear continuation of the Diablo 1 and 2 story, and that's all I'll say about the story.
    The graphical style, cinematics, and armor and weapon designs are all far better than Diablo 2's (in my opinion), and the only complain I have is that servers can be laggy even when you're playing alone. Hopefully Blizzard will fix this in time.
  41. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.

When you Score the
    Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay Expand
  42. May 17, 2012
    This is just sad; not the game. But these Laymen critics giving D3 0,1,2,3 scores. But you read through them, and i have, not one of them actually rate the game, but rating Blizzard as a company and their shortcomings on the releasedate. "i can't play my game on the releasedate as promised by Blizzard...boohoo..."
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"

With that being said; i really like
    this game (THE GAME! Not Blizzard). Ok, the story may lack a little something, but that i can look passed! I like the fact, that i don't need to make more than one character of the same class to try out all the skills. I like the newest feature, the auction house, which is playerbased and not a third party based. And the fact that each class has both a male and female hero/heroine.
    The skilltree is gone - lovely! No more restrictions on that part.
    The sound and graphics are beautiful!
  43. May 15, 2012
    This game is perfect in very aspect, the cinematics are incredible the graphics are amazing , its the best hack'n'slash of all time, try it and you will love it
  44. Jun 25, 2012
    I could almost swear that there's been a covertly organized smear campaign against this game by some user reviewers. You know something's odd when there's such a huge disparity between the pro and user review averages. Yes, of course the haters will claim that's because the pro reviewers are bought off-- but this is a really unusual disparity.

Diablo III isn't perfect by most
    standards, but so is practically everything in the universe. It's a really well-developed and polished product technically. The graphics are deliberately painterly, almost even impressionistic, in places, and that's not for everyone. The sound and voice acting are exceptional. The biggest flaw, for me, is the story: it's very cliche. Some of the dialogue is good (and very funny) but some is surprisingly juvenile. What really matters about this game, though, is combat and replayability. The combat system is extremely rewarding, as long as you're willing to try a variety of different setups. The six active ability setup is almost infinitely better than Diablo 2. As for replayability, well I've "only" played about 175-200 hours I guess and it gets a bit old sometimes, briefly; but geez people-- this is a game, not a full-time occupation... There are some balance issues, of course, but Blizzard is addressing them. If anyone thinks that they could do a better job of balancing a game (and its loot) with this many variables, I'm sure they're welcome to try. Also, if anyone still seriously thinks they should be given the ability to MIS-assign character statistics, I don't even know what to say. It was a bold and very smart move for Blizzard to remove the illusory choice of skill points. There's still plenty of opportunity to mess up your gear and your actual combat-ready statistics, if that's important to you.

The biggest remaining hurdle for Diablo 3, in my opinion, is for Blizzard to continue balancing skills until more builds are viable in deep Inferno territory. Otherwise, I think it'll have lots of staying power for people who don't already dislike it for whatever reasons. It's not an MMO and won't receive as many updates, until an XP. But it's very fun and replayable if you're open-minded about its similarities and differences from predecessors in the top-down action rpg tradition.
  45. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 got so much love, it's fun. Just few seconds and you are already in action. You can never get bored. The graphic is polished, always a delight of colours and lights. You can choose to level up your crafting skill, but it's not mandatory.
    If there is a little bad point is the chat not visible while not playing. I loved chatting in D2 or WC3 while out of the battle, I don't get why
    they changed it. Expand
  46. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better.
    Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  47. PL3
    May 20, 2012
    Drm is sh1t.

Still, this game is awesome. Level desing awesome, a lot of replay value, good story line, cinematic are just crazy, the gameplay is good, I wanna see the future of this game so bad. I dont like the fact that you have to leave your game to check the AH, then go back in a game and lost your MF Bonus. 4 players is perfect. I just can't imagine 8 players play in the same game.

I was septical first because i'm a big fans of the diablo series, but now I will be a fans forever and ever.

9 is a good note, connection issue at the launch was freaking stupid but the game is great so. I hate people here say crap because they can't play for like 3 hours. Stop crying you noobs.
  48. May 16, 2012
    The graphics and audio are good, the game is fun to play. The game is well balance and I will replay it Diablo 3 several time like I did for 1 and 2, good job !!!
  49. May 18, 2012
    Now Being in Hell, I feel I can finally write my thoughts on this game. I will not cover the DRM, since it is a well known issue.

The game, when elective mode and the advanced tooltips are active, is a very deep and intuitive system. The runes allow each skill to behave in multiple ways, effectively making your skill tree have MANY MANY more options than Diablo 3. The combat is very
    satisfying, the mobs are much more intelligent , requiring strategics to defeat, as simple move spamming will kill you in an instant. They will easy wall you and put molten death under your feet. Despite what people say, it is not an easy game. Yes normal is easy, but it was in Diablo 2 as well. If you understand the Lore, the story of this game is very well done, and provides a very enjoyable experience. My only complaint is the disappearance of the old style MP games, instead of this matchmaking.

50. May 15, 2012
    Most of the bad reviews seem to be because you can't cheat through this game or pirate it. Boohoo! Game is great, even with my bad internet connection. Gets a little laggy at times and at first I was a bit disappointed at the required internet connection, but if it stops cheating and pirating of the game I really couldn't care less. Cash auction house is great addition, EQ2 did it for a few years, and people are going to sell their stuff for real money illegally anyways, so this is an outstanding fix. Quit crying because you can't cheat! Expand
  51. May 15, 2012
    Beware of TL2 and hater Trolls that try to make D3 less than what it is, a great game!!!

D3 surpasses D1 and D2 in nearly every way with nostalgia blinding many fans.The rest of the negative trolls are pissed off because the D3 servers are down due to insane demand and bug fixes on day 1!!! Gamers are laughs!
  52. May 18, 2012
    I find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter is Diablo 3 is an extremely fun, highly polished game that's oozing with quality in all aspects of it's design. Expand
  53. May 15, 2012
    Game's fun as **** Played through Act 1 with 2 friends, taking it kinda slow it took us about 3 hours, but people have work so we'll be starting up again later this evening - can't wait to get back into it!
  54. May 21, 2012
    OK, first off, ignore the bad user review. All of those people are complaining because of DRM, launch day server issues and inferiority for Diablo 2, not to do with the game at all.

The game runs very smoothly, and while the graphics aren't ground-breaking, the effects are nice looking and the game generally looks very good. The sound and the story, and especially the multiplayer
    functions are also very good.

The game is just fun. while it may not be as in-depth Diablo 2, it's still a great game, with a lot of replayability
  55. May 17, 2012
    Having a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those who feel like they can give a game a zero just to whine and complain. Expand
  56. May 17, 2012
    I played through hardcore on my first run through and had an absolute blast. The story was engaging despite being pleasantly cheesy at times. The boss fights were often challenging even in the first Act. More importantly, it was just plain fun.

If you're a fan of hack and slash RPGs and love the retro isometric view, you'll love Diablo 3.

Also, for the record, please take all the reviews
    on May 15th with a grain of salt. That was release day so these reviewers either did not play the game, or had barely progressed through it. There is no way they could give an honest review. Expand
  57. Oct 4, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a fun game that lasts a few hundred hours. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because compared to other loot games I've played, it is the best. Better than Borderlands, Torchlight, and in my opinion, better than Diablo 2, it is the best loot game available right now. On paper it doesn't seem like that should be true. After all, there is very little "actual" content in D3. The story is absolutely terrible, level design is average, and there aren't that many weapon/armor portraits. But what made me want to come back is the gameplay. Beating inferno with a wizard is reasonably challenging, and also a completely different experience from beating it with a witch doctor. So even though I ran through the same content, the game still provided new and interesting challenges when I played with a different class. Also, the gameplay (when your internet is working) is absolutely flawless. You will not find a more polished feeling than in Diablo 3.

I also really appreciate the apparent care with which Blizzard has been patching the game. It's already a less frustrating, more interesting game than it was in May, and future patches along with the big pvp patch should make it even better. It would have been nice if some stuff was fixed beforehand, but honestly it's a little unreasonable to expect Blizzard to foresee every balancing issue that has arisen.
    All that said, do not get this game if you play games more for the world-experience or story, because you'll see everything there is to see in 20 hours and it won't even be that great. If, however, you're like me and appreciate gameplay more than anything else, you'll probably enjoy Diablo 3. I doubt it's anybody's favorite game ever, but it's worth $60.
  58. May 28, 2012
    Maybe not as good as Diablo II & LoD but an excellent game anyway and i'm a hardcore fan !
    But i understand some critics by the players, game is easy in normal mode but there is some challenge in Nightmare mode. Drops are good (even if i never found a legendary drop). The game is done FOR the multiplayer.
  59. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it and play the game without complaining, you might actually enjoy it. Expand
  60. May 15, 2012
    Why I do agree the Always On DRM is crap, Diablo 3 itself is a great game. I haven't had a single issue logging in or playing. This game feels much longer than Diablo 2 or 1 and feels much more complex. Take the negative scores with a grain of salt. Yes, every launch has a rocky start.
  61. May 16, 2012
    Great game! Graphic is neat - not because of high polygons, particle effect and anty-aliasing **** Game looks awesome even on low deails - beacuse o 3d grapics and 2d elemnts - plus brilliant use of perspective. This game wont get old in next couple of years. Gamplay is fun and progresively more challenging. Co-op is a heart of the game, and game forces players to use theri heads and tactics often.

Customisation is great, many viable builde, not only 2-3 ways to spend the points to gest best build... And if you get bored - you change it almost instantly. Story wasn't the important part of Diablo 1 & 2 and even hack'n'slash genre - but in diablo 3 the improved it a lot. All dialogs are read by actors, so you wont get lost in the middle of the game. And the story itself is pretty intresting.

I had small amounts of DRM - related problems, i belive they disappear in couple of days. I like the idea of on-line game, taht you can almost instantly join your friends, with real mony AH (which i can pay for blizz games) and the patches - because i belive that blizzard will work a lot to improve user experience. Worth all the money, dont listen to impatient hater kids. I was playnig thidty minutes after midnight (only couple of times had error 37) and no problems after that.
  62. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game. Diablo 3 has set the bar once again for the dungeon runner genre. Not only is the click, click, loot mechanics extremely responsive and tight but it's sweeping change in how abilities are unlocks and chosen makes this great innovation to the genre. Going from level 1 - 60 you are given at least 1 new ability to try out at no expense to the player. This allows for customization throughout multiple play-throughs of the game.

The graphics aren't that great but you can make them look significantly better by going to this site and downloading the custom directx 9c shaders: http://darkd3.com If you like dungeon runner games centered around loot and re-playability then Diablo 3 is for you. Did I mention the huge amount of random quests and tile sets used to create unique world locations every time you play?
  63. May 24, 2012
    This is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positive one from a game design standpoint. It has made the game more accessible to more people, increased flexibility and customization, improved the community, and overall improved the entire game over its predecessors. I would challenge anyone to find someone new to the series, sit them down, and have the new player compare Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 where the person would not chose Diablo 3 over 2.

Common complaints: The story isn't great. - This is true, the overall storyline isn't bad, but the writing certainly isn't top-notch. I'll admit this is one area Diablo 2 beats Diablo 3. Graphics aren't gritty enough - I don't see this one. There's plenty of bloody bodies all over the place. Piles of corpses, torture equipment and gore aplenty, in some areas more than others. But it's always fitting the setting. And this is true in D2 as well. If you really compare screenshots from both games side by side, you'll find less difference here than many seem to claim. Yes, the art direction did change, and Blizzard Irvine has more of a Warcraft/WoW mentality than Blizzard North had. But even with the change in art direction it's still reasonably true to its predecessor. Others claim it's cartoony, certainly a matter of opinion and up for debate, but I don't find D3 significantly more cartoony than Diablo 2 was.

Always on connection - Considering how full of hacks and dupes Diablo 2 became from it's offline nature. I'm really glad for this. An internet connection is pretty much ubiquitous anywhere you go anymore. Any hotel worth staying at has internet. Any of my friends or family's places have internet. The coffee shop down the street has internet. My supermarket has internet. There's really very few places I could go to get away from it. And certainly anywhere I'd want to play D3, I'd have an internet connection available. This is simply no longer an issue for the vast majority of people in a developed nation. It also comes with the perks of always being able to see your friends' games and being able to hop in and join them. Or chat with friends playing WoW or SC2. I'm not really sure if I'd call it DRM, but as far as DRM goes, this is pretty innocuous. There are many far worse examples of DRM out there to be found.

Skill/Attribute distribution is gone. - Awesome, now people can't screw up their characters because they didn't go to some website to read about strategies that are valid in Hell difficulty. Fact was, even with the skill/stat distribution, by the time you reached the end game, nearly every viable build had the same stat allocation, and most classes only had a couple viable skill allocations. The people who think this was a good idea either never played at the highest levels, or did, and just wanted to stand out as being somehow better than someone new to the game who simply didn't know better. No one should ever have to re-make a character for it to be viable just to play at higher difficulties.

No character customization - This one partially ties in with the last point about abilities and skills. I think I've made my point there. For everything else though, Every Diablo 3 class has more abilities (considering runes for the most part significantly change an ability's effects and visuals), every class can be both genders, Every major piece of armor shows up visually on your character. You can dye your armor. The customization in D3 is terrific, it's just all done through gear and ability selection. There are more viable builds for every class in Hell/Inferno in D3 than there are for each class in Hell in D2.

I like the graphics, I enjoy the music and sound design. I like the art design. I enjoy the game. I enjoy the mechanics of the game. I love the multiplayer, and easily hopping into games with my friends. My wife enjoys the game. My friends all enjoy the game. I've not heard a single complaint from any of them outside of an occasional lag spike. At the time of writing this review the User Score for D3 is sitting at 4.1, and not a single person I know on my friends list (all 20 of them) would rate this at less than an 8. I realize that's anecdotal evidence at best and a statistically insignificant data sample, but I feel it's still pertinent. Ignore the whiners with the sense of entitlement that didn't get what they wanted. Diablo 3 is a lot of fun, and well worth the money.
  64. May 25, 2012
    There have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sure you'll have a great time too. Expand
  65. May 16, 2012
    So after getting over the intial frustration and letting Blizzard fix their issues, I found that Diablo 3 is the most fun of I have had gaming in quite a few years. Now I am only 16 at this point, but I have been taking my sweet time, listening to the lore, and enjoying the timed mini-event, multiple bosses, and trying several different builds with one character. To calm everyones nerves, the game is incredibly long regardless what these other very angry people say about the game because of the servers. I am at the end of Act I and I am over 9 hours in. There is alot of content and alot of variation, crafting has been significantly improved and it gives you a reason to hold on to all the blues you find. Item variation is plentiful and you will find alot of different abilities and stats on different items you find.

The story again regardless what people say is incredibly deep and well thought out, I have enjoyed the cinematics and they done great job with the voice acting and lore. The music and sound is spot on and sounds are crisp and easy to differentiate depending on what skills you are using, who you are attacking, ect. That brings me to the graphics, this a top down RPG, it is not supposed to have mind blowing graphics, it is supposed to be able to handle 300-400 objects on the screen, while particle effects and animations are going on. The gameplay took the best from D2 and eliminated all the unneccessary micro managing and unneccessary attributes, what we are left with here is just a game that is incredibly addicting and fun to play. There will be people who will spend 5+ years on this just like D2 because of the item progression, AH, and crafting alone. There are a few minor bugs and some framerates hiccups, but overall Blizzard has built a worthy sequel and regardless the outlandish and untrue things these other people are saying on here, this is the 100% truth.
  66. May 18, 2012
    Please don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have no opinion whatsoever. They probably never had an original thought in their tiny brains, so by listening to the masses you may as well downgrade your IQ by 60 points. What it is with gamers and their sense of self entitlement? Big bunch of whiney panzie asses, that I'm embarrased to be grouped with these morons who litter gaming and quite frankly should be banned on some trumped up STUPID CLAUSE. I am sure somewhere its a sin to be this dumb. This whole affair is turning into another ME3 (another fine game torn to pieces by Idiots who didn't get what THEY wanted) Anyhow, Diablo 3, whilst isn't going to set the world on fire with originality, is awesome fun solo and fantastic fun with four mates linked in. A worthy purchase, if with the draconian DRM . Expand
  67. May 15, 2012
    Lets review this game based on login errors and not being able to play. Metacritic user scores were always a joke, but this is just the nail in the coffin for this site. Terrible, terrible site.
  68. May 16, 2012
    I have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over the other. Unlike most ARPG's the story really interests me and the world has a host of back story that's a joy to discover, the lore is very well crafted. I'd be tempted to give the game a 10, however the always-online aspect slightly tarnishes its otherwise flawless image for me, but this is only a minor issue and I'd recommend the game to anyone. All these negative reviews are beyond me, I've not had a single issue since buying the game, it's so unjustified giving a game 0 because you got an error message, these reviews are meant to be about the game itself surely? Expand
  69. May 16, 2012
  70. May 18, 2012
    definitely a step up in the franchise. Worried about customization? Just do the math. there is more options in D3 than D2. And end game content, and cheat-free CUZ ITS ONLINE THANKS BLIZZARD.
  71. May 16, 2012
    I just finished the game I can honestly say this game was really worth it. Diablo 3 is really not at all like Diablo 2 and while I do dearly miss such things like the customization of skills and the rune system [for me] is a little bit frustrating since every person can have every skill and such. However, this doesnâ
  72. May 18, 2012
    Great game, it is a shame that the DRM spoiled the whole experience changing so hard the perspective about the game. Even so the game is fine and not a fail like Puke Nukem and StarCrap II.
  73. May 15, 2012
    This game is good - awesome in fact. Everything from the music, animations, story and combat.
    It never made any difference whether you could choose your stats before - why does it now? Weapon choice is amazingly dynamic, likewise with combat.
    Coop play is great and easy to jump in and out of games. My initial drawback was how colourful it was - but as an adult, you tend to get over these
    things.

Reading most of the negative reviews - most were posted before people even played the game...a useless indication to people wanting to play this game off these reviews. Too many whiny fanboys not getting in 1 second after it's release...but that doesn't do the game justice
  74. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  75. May 17, 2012
    Pretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had a bad launch, and if you're a gamer.. you already knew this would happen. The only reason I think a game should be rated 3 and below is if it has a massive amount of bugs that never got patched, along with being an overall terrible game. Expand
  76. May 17, 2012
    Same old gameplay minus the boring / useless parts (like the useless skill builds and char stats). Godly graphics and audio. The servers are back to normal right now and it will probably only get better.
  77. May 21, 2012
    Great game. I was really worried about Blizz efforts to make this game stand out and improve upon the predecessor. But they didn't fail. Suprisingly the new environmental mechanics proved to be extremely fun. Classes are varied and interesting. Story is detailed and captivating. I think I would still prefer talent trees to this strange skill slot sytem, but it is not that big of a deal. One thing I don't like is that I can't play singleplayer due to online server maintanance. But I guess this is the price of living in our times. Generally - really cool game, Blizzard delivered once again, I would recommend this to any hack'n'slash and rpg fun. Expand
  78. May 16, 2012
    The game is awesome. I feel enchanted, addicted and not going to have enough of it for a looong time.
    A lot of 0's for 1st day's high server traffic. Today - second day - no problems connecting at all.
    Haters gonna hate..
  79. Jun 4, 2012
    Great update to a legendary franchise. All of the Diablo 2 hack and slash action in a more streamlined package. My only complaint is the addition of the DRM. It's a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. Pirates are always going to find a way to pirate games and all DRMs do is frustrate paying customers.
  80. May 16, 2012
    The game launch had issues. They were annoying. Yet all massive multiplayer games like this have those issues. They will be resolved quickly...and in a year no one will remember. I won't focus on those issues.

The game itself is fantastic - very reminiscent of Diablo II. Much of the game seems to be a shout-out to the first two. I find myself loving the new skill system even though I was
    critical of it pre-release. The lore is a lot more front and center than it was in the previous entries...but it still doesn't overshadow the gameplay. The graphics could be a little more dark and gritty - but they aren't terrible, and the visuals "pop" in many areas. I wish textures were a little higher quality, but Blizzard wants the game to be accessible to a lot of players.

So far I've gotten to level 21 on a Monk (mid-way through Act II I'm guessing) and I also have a level 10 Barbarian. I haven't encountered any in-game bugs...the only issues seem to be with the servers.

Either way, I highly recommend this game. My one reasonable review won't counter the hundreds of "rage 0 scores", but hopefully someone will read it and realize it isn't as big of a deal as it is made out to be. This game will be played for years and years, one bad launch day should not affect a thing.
  81. May 24, 2012
    This game is beast, most of the bad reviews are from noobs who couldn't get on the first night and nerd raged. I never thought I would find a game that was more insanely fun than WoW but this game is it!
  82. May 18, 2012
    Heyyo, The witch Doctor is definitely an amazing addition to the game and I love how it's not the same **** repeated. Also? the game doesn't deserve a user score of 0 just because you didn't like the DRM or Graphics. The storyline is ok for a hack and slash... still more storyline than Diablo 1... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the game is going to be about Diablo so how much difference did you guys really expect? The only way they could drastically change the story is to change the location or time... and then you'd **** if they made a game like Diablo 40k or such and it wasn't just Diablo with different character models. Yeah the skill tree is really basic, but it makes fights more strategic since you have to think about what skills you want beforehand instead of being able to just cast as you please (btw check into the "Elective mode" setting ya n00bs) and if you try to rebind on the fly you get pwned.

The server issues is by far the lamest thing about the game yes, but Steam had a rocky start... same with each new COD yearly game but you don't hear anyone ****ing about those anymore do ya? Same thing will happen here.

I find this game more entertaining than Diablo II mainly for the fact it so far hasn't gotten boring after the half way point (I always get bored of D2 in the Jungle part and uninstall). Diablo III seems to be more of a homeage to Diablo 1&2 than it is a completely new experience, so treat it as that, and if you want a different experience? Try a game like Magicka, Torchlight or Silverfall. They are plenty good as well. :P
  83. May 21, 2012
    After completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more fun i'm sure. Gameplay - 10/10
    The sound is really as good as Diablo II although the music is very different, but still very good. Voice acting is also great although I was a bit disapponted with Diablo's voice. Sound - 10/10
    The graphics are also very nice, but of course the new art direction sometimes reminds us about Warcraft too much. I hoped that it would be a bit darker, but it is possible to change the colors and contrast with a kind of a "mod". The character models are really interesting (although again, it would have been nice if there was more effort put in Diablo's ingame model) and all the places also look really great. Graphics - 9/10
    And finally the story. I will try not to spoil anything by only writing abstract thoughts about some storyline decisions. Unfortunately, it is the weakest aspect of Diablo III. It was really predictable and some characters are just not right for Diablo universe. It seemed as if there was not a lot of effort put into it. Especially the storyline about the Black Soulstone was a bit too simple I think. The main chracters were all interesting, although the scoundrel and the jeweler were kind of annoying. Also I didn't really like what was done to Tyrael. The ending was good but it left some trivial and more serious unanswered questions. I think that there could have been a bit more explaining about what happened after the last boss fight. With that been said I think the story (and Diablo's voice) was the only thing that disapponted me a bit, but it wasn't bad of course - it just could have been better. Story - 8/10
    So my final rating would be 9.25/10 but I am giving it 10 because the majority of bad ratings here were given just because these people couldn't log in to the game or just couldn't pirate it because of constant online connection. Of course, it had serous launch problems, but those angry with this should't have come here and rate the game 0, they should wait for Blizzard to fix them. So, thank you, Blizzard for going away from WoW a bit and giving us a sequel to one of the best games of all time, not ruining it in the process. People are definitely going to play Diablo III for years to come.
  84. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo 2. It is not the same as Diablo 2. however, it is a worthy successor, keeping the engaging and addicting gameplay while tweaking a few things here and there. Give it a try before dismissing it. This will certainly be a wild ride!
  85. May 22, 2012
    I'm completely puzzled by all the negative reviews for this game. While it isn't a perfect game, it is an extremely enjoyable representative of the genre.

Graphics:

The graphics have a cell-shaded look similar to Torchlight. If you don't like that style of graphics, then you will not like this game. If you do like that look, then the graphics are fantastic. While you cannot zoom in -
    probably to balance performance - the animations, effects for the various attacks are incredibly well done. If you have a weapon with a poison effect - pools of green fog will appear around dead mobs. The monk has various animations associated with his attacks that clearly convey the power of his fist and foot based attacks. There is a lot of skill, craftsmanship and love put into the graphics in this game. So I would rate graphics as 9.5 out of 10. Gameplay: Nothing new or different here - this is a hack-n-slash game. Click, click, click, click, right-click, etc. That said, the controls are responsie and well thought out. As you level up, you will unlock various skills and you can change the active skills any time you aren't in combat. The games consists of exploring areas, killing mobs, and picking up loot. And you are always hoping for better weapons or armor. While there is nothing "new" under the covers - what is here is rock solid, if repetitive - and earns a 9.0 out of 10. Customization: I've seen a lot of comments about the lack of customization. I'm not sure that I understand why being able to customize the "look" of the character is so important to some people. If this was a Skyrim type game, yes that would matter. But, given the fixed perspective of the game - I agree with the developer's decision to limit you to selecting the gender, class and name of your character. Anything more would have been pointless window dressing. As your level progresses - you do have limited control of your skills - which fall into broad categories such as: Active, Defensive, Passive, etc. While there is a set path , limited options as you level - you will need to switch out skills at various points. I would rate this area an 8.0 out of 10. Stability and Performance: I've played the game about 25-30 hours so far, playing across 4 different classes: Wizard, Demon Hunter, Barbarian and Monk. The game has hard-locked my system once. Otherwise, it has been perfect and rock-solid. I'm also playing on an older Dell XPS 8100 - and have everything set to high-detail. The games loads quickly, transitions as you change areas are fast, so no complaints here. I would give a 9.0 out of 10 rating. Loot & Leveling Loot and leveling are the areas where I have some qualms about the game. With regard to loot - so far the game seems pretty stingy. You find a lot of magical items, but none of it has had a WOW, TFA factor. And, the rare / epic items are extremely infrequent and also kind of ho-hum. You spend a lot of time picking up trash items, and selling them. And, for some reason, I seem to be getting a lot of items that are restricted to a different class than the one I'm playing. I.e. my Demon Hunter keeps getting a lot of Barbarian only gear. In short, there seems to be something slightly "off" and underwhelming in the area of loot. On the positive side, you unlock an Blacksmith NPC - and if you spend gold training him you eventually get access to some nice items. Leveling - because of the fixed path for the various skill areas - also is a little less satisfying than I might like. While these are gripes - when balanced against the overall game they are relatively minor. No game is perfect, and these are the two areas where Diablo 3 shines the least. I will give both loot and leveling (unlocking new skills) a 7.5 out of 10. Overall Score: This game is a definite 9.0 out of 10. There are a lot of lessons that other developers could learn from Blizzard and this game. The overall polish and design are extremely high-quality. I've had no problems connecting to servers, with performance, etc. I would like better loot, and more of a sense of freedom when it comes to unlocking and selecting skills when leveling - but these are really minor quibbles with an otherwise excellent game. A lot of people have complained about not having scrolls - but given the limited inventory slots I applaud the design decision to eliminate the scrolls and just provide a town portal and identify unknown items skill. This is a fun, addictive games with an extremely high-level of polish and artistry. If you like the genre, and don't mind the graphics style - this game is highly recommended. I paid full price, and feel that I'm getting my money's worth. Will that change when Torchlight 2 comes out - at $20 - maybe. But, until then, this is a fantastic hack-n-slash. Highly recommended. Expand
  86. May 31, 2012
    A lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. The graphics wont blow you away but they get the job done and allow great visual design for a top down view game. There is so much going on you need all the bright and dark difference in color to follow the action and act fast and accordingly. Music in a headset is just right and dosnt try to rock you out and become annoying. Play control may take a bit of getting used to for some but is second nature once you just except it and practice. It takes the kind of player who really enjoys the lure of power and progression with a true sense that you earn it as it becomes harder and harder to grab that great gear. If your just a casual gamer looking for a story or some kind of game that changes gaming forever than you may not find the appeal of D3, but for all of you who are min maxers and loot whores who love that challenge and satisfaction of becoming the most powerful player you can be, than this game will drive you forward with the promise of power better than any game that has come before. Expand
  87. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  88. May 20, 2012
    This game are so awesome. I still waiting for 12 years ago for this game, and this is perfect for me.
    The history and the gameplay is true to the Diablo series, and the development for the Characters, is very special. It's true. We don't can assign points in strength, dexterity, vitality and Intelligence. but, In this time, We'll have to see objects and statistics of our luggage, to get
    what we want. With ability to do many builds of combat. This game is no longer suffering from the error 37 or 75. Not even the Templar and bug shield.
    Thus, enjoy this game, start to shut up and good luck in your fight against Diablo.
    As one would say in my country:
    ¡ A VICIARSE ! :D
  89. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  90. May 15, 2012
    I'm going to start by addressing DRM and the online nature of this game, since that seems to be what most people here want to discuss. Whether you live in Asia, Europe or "the Americas," Diablo 3's midnight launch (and unless you were lucky enough to live in certain time zones, wasn't actually midnight launch). The servers were unable to handle the traffic, and a lot of people couldn't play. That said, WoW and Starcraft 2 experienced the same issues at launch, and today they are recognized as some of the best games within their genres. The day of launch is the WORST day to play these games, as they have historically been very rocky due to the absurd amount of people trying to connect. I understand why people are upset at the always-online requirement of these games, but for me they are by no means a deal-breaker. That said, if you have a decent computer and a good internet connection, you owe it to yourself to try Diablo 3. It is one of the easiest games to play and yet one of the most satisfying. The art in this game is fantastic, it's moody and at times looks painted onto the screen. Although the environments are linear and restrictive, Blizzard has done a lot of nice things visually to make the places you explore seem vast and epic. There are huge vertical drops and lots of detail everywhere to keep the places you explore nice places to be. The combat is very simple, but the large amount of skills and modifications for those skills keep you looking forward to the next level up. The skills themselves also feel incredible to execute. Bashing things as a barbarian has never felt so right, and there is something righteous about throwing a giant jar of spiders at your enemy as a witch doctor. Killing elite monsters and watching as loot with different colored fonts showers from their corpses is still one of the most elating feelings in gaming, even if your left mouse button is doing the bulk of the work.

In short, I've been waiting for Blizzard to make this game for 12 years, and already the game has delivered beyond my expectations. Do think, buy.
  91. May 18, 2012
    Excellent game. They have reworked all game mechanisms that needed to be reworked and now the game is far better than diablo 2.
    In addition, the level design is just impressive and so beautiful.
  92. May 16, 2012
    Extremely addictive...almost like D2 - whitch is great! Yes, i had connection issues, but once i got in the game, i could stop playing. IT IS ALMOST THE SAME GAME AS D2...so... 9/10 :)
  93. May 16, 2012
    People can say what they want, but most of the changes are for the best. If you played all the Diablo's it is easy to see within about 5 minutes that it is more fun, more depth, and takes more skill to play. Diablo 3 is amazing.
  94. May 15, 2012
    Connection issues suck but they are a very temporary issue. Core game play is solid and everything we have come to expect in the Diablo franchise. Way to go Blizzard, good job.
  95. May 18, 2012
    Regardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it even more addicting, it will definitely leave you wanting more, it is a true Blizzard masterpiece. Expand
  96. May 17, 2012
    The best hack 'n' slash I've ever played. Really immersive. I don't know, why there's lots of negative comments- IT IS A GREAT GAME! About servers: I don't have problems. Once I can't log into the game, there is no problems afterwards.
    I trully recommend this game, it's perfect!
  97. May 17, 2012
    fter giving the game some time and ignoring the problems with the servers on launch day i got to say that this game is amazing.People are giving this game a 0/10 here because they couldnt connect on launch days...they give it a bad rating because it uses a different stats/skillsystem then diablo 2 but havent yet seen how much more options this system gives later on.In fact u are STILL managing your stat points later.You dont do it @ lvl up anymore but with GEMS and ITEMS.They are the MAIN SOURCE of stats point later in the game and you can place them as free as you want.If you want an barb full of int for some fancy fun build you can do it.The stat points given from items/gems is ALOT higher the the one from lvl ups.(iam a lvl 42 with around 700 dex.My char gains 3 dex per level.You can do the math yourself of how important the few stat points from lvling up are compared to gems and items.) And the best thing u can ADJUST them when u feel that u need to change your playstyle/build.And i dont even want to start about skills an skill runes...millions of possibilities there. After really understanding the mechanics of this game you will see that it in fact offers u ALOT more possibilities to play your char your own way then diablo 2 ever could.So before u keep judging the game you should really understand it first. Expand
  98. May 17, 2012
    Personally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how its handled, and there are definitely alot of changes compared to d1 and d2 but overall this game is a solid continuation of the franchise. Expand
  99. May 29, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I've had some problems with the AH, but they fixed it (for now...). If anyone gets bored with the game, make a hardcore character, it's MUCH funner.
  100. May 19, 2012
    Excellent Game...one of the most amazing games I've ever played...DRM sucks but talking just about the game I have to say that this game makes it a lot better than plenty games I played before...all the people giving low scores I think they should buy the game instead of having "problems" with DRM :D

1. Aug 31, 2012