Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 16, 2012
    The game is awesome. I feel enchanted, addicted and not going to have enough of it for a looong time.
    A lot of 0's for 1st day's high server traffic. Today - second day - no problems connecting at all.
    Haters gonna hate..
  2. Jun 4, 2012
    Great update to a legendary franchise. All of the Diablo 2 hack and slash action in a more streamlined package. My only complaint is the addition of the DRM. It's a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. Pirates are always going to find a way to pirate games and all DRMs do is frustrate paying customers.
  3. May 16, 2012
    The game launch had issues. They were annoying. Yet all massive multiplayer games like this have those issues. They will be resolved quickly...and in a year no one will remember. I won't focus on those issues.

The game itself is fantastic - very reminiscent of Diablo II. Much of the game seems to be a shout-out to the first two. I find myself loving the new skill system even though I was critical of it pre-release. The lore is a lot more front and center than it was in the previous entries...but it still doesn't overshadow the gameplay. The graphics could be a little more dark and gritty - but they aren't terrible, and the visuals "pop" in many areas. I wish textures were a little higher quality, but Blizzard wants the game to be accessible to a lot of players.

So far I've gotten to level 21 on a Monk (mid-way through Act II I'm guessing) and I also have a level 10 Barbarian. I haven't encountered any in-game bugs...the only issues seem to be with the servers.

Either way, I highly recommend this game. My one reasonable review won't counter the hundreds of "rage 0 scores", but hopefully someone will read it and realize it isn't as big of a deal as it is made out to be. This game will be played for years and years, one bad launch day should not affect a thing.
  4. May 21, 2012
    -1 point for constant connection. This should not be a standard. You CAN have games like Demon/Dark Souls which allow for both a constant online mode AND offline mode. -1 point for the graphics. You can say they were "going" for that look, I say it still looks like muddy crap. Beyond that, i'm having a lot of fun. Hopefully they will release some texture packs or something.
  5. May 16, 2012
    Really am shocked most of these negative reviews are not talking about the actual game. Lets all just give it 0's or 1's based on that first day problem. Firstly I have played Diablo since the beginning. I remember picking up the original many years ago and being surprised and excited at just how good it was. Diablo 2 was no exception. My favorite game ever made, it surpassed everythingReally am shocked most of these negative reviews are not talking about the actual game. Lets all just give it 0's or 1's based on that first day problem. Firstly I have played Diablo since the beginning. I remember picking up the original many years ago and being surprised and excited at just how good it was. Diablo 2 was no exception. My favorite game ever made, it surpassed everything that I thought when it was released. Still have my collector's edition of that. Everything about Diablo 2 improved upon the first game and made it a hell of a lot of fun. Especially the environments and story. With Diablo 3 the bar was pretty high I must say. At first glance I was unsure about the whole thing. The graphics, the story, the new talent system. I really was hoping it would go in the same way as Diablo 2, keeping those dark environments, traditional heaven and hell graphic style, and improve upon the story and talents. Well finally Diablo 3 is released and to my surprise its actually very very good. At first I admit I was a troll, always putting it down for the typical view on the graphics. But actually playing it for quite a while I noticed that it exactly does what it was meant to do and that is improve upon each game and make it unique in its own right. The environments are fantastic. Act 2 being my favorite. The combat I especially love. Its fast paced and the powers each class gets are really enjoyable to use. So has all this time that has passed been good to us fans then in the form of this game? I would say absolutely. However what makes me give it an 8 is a few minor things and one major thing. First the minor things.. the graphics can be a bit uneven because of physics involved..I noticed it did slow down my computer sometimes. This can be adjusted of course in the graphics menu. Next the chat window font size really hurts the eyes and could use a font size option. Next gripe is not having a main capital area for players to hang out in. This would give players a chance to communicate and check out gear etc. Another minor gripe is a few graphical glitches and bugs that sometimes spring up, I had my toon jump back a few times (hopefully not from lag) and a few visual problems. Finally Diablo looks skinny as a rail...what happened to the lord of terror?.

The major gripe is the online connectivity and these errors we got on launch day. No game where you pay 60-100 dollars should lock you out. Blizzard has been irresponsible for changing an original single-player game into a game where you HAVE to be connected constantly. When I first started playing I want to play solo so not giving players the option is a really bad move. This also brings up those problems we all had trying to connect. Error after Error. Blizzard who are one of the richest developers has no excuse for allowing this to happen. While other countries have no problems we are left sitting at home being forced to enter our password a million times. Its just appalling to say the least. Give us a offline mode please!. All in all Diablo 3 has met my expectations greatly and I am so far loving every minute of it. Customization of character looks would have been nice but once you start wearing armor its no big deal. The combat is fast and furious. Dialogue really interesting (female monk is in my opinion the best character in the game and her voice actress does a terrific job) and story continuing Cain's fairytale. I also have to say the collector's edition is one of Blizzards best. They did a fantastic job on it. I would definitely recommend the game. Its one of the best titles so far to come out this year. Were all annoyed by the launch day problems and this stuff really shouldn't happen but if we can get by that you will realize a game that is a joy to play and continues the Diablo tradition.
  6. May 24, 2012
    This game is beast, most of the bad reviews are from noobs who couldn't get on the first night and nerd raged. I never thought I would find a game that was more insanely fun than WoW but this game is it!
  7. May 18, 2012
    Heyyo, The witch Doctor is definitely an amazing addition to the game and I love how it's not the same **** repeated. Also? the game doesn't deserve a user score of 0 just because you didn't like the DRM or Graphics. The storyline is ok for a hack and slash... still more storyline than Diablo 1... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the game is going to be about Diablo so how much difference did you guysHeyyo, The witch Doctor is definitely an amazing addition to the game and I love how it's not the same **** repeated. Also? the game doesn't deserve a user score of 0 just because you didn't like the DRM or Graphics. The storyline is ok for a hack and slash... still more storyline than Diablo 1... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the game is going to be about Diablo so how much difference did you guys really expect? The only way they could drastically change the story is to change the location or time... and then you'd **** if they made a game like Diablo 40k or such and it wasn't just Diablo with different character models. Yeah the skill tree is really basic, but it makes fights more strategic since you have to think about what skills you want beforehand instead of being able to just cast as you please (btw check into the "Elective mode" setting ya n00bs) and if you try to rebind on the fly you get pwned.

The server issues is by far the lamest thing about the game yes, but Steam had a rocky start... same with each new COD yearly game but you don't hear anyone ****ing about those anymore do ya? Same thing will happen here.

I find this game more entertaining than Diablo II mainly for the fact it so far hasn't gotten boring after the half way point (I always get bored of D2 in the Jungle part and uninstall). Diablo III seems to be more of a homeage to Diablo 1&2 than it is a completely new experience, so treat it as that, and if you want a different experience? Try a game like Magicka, Torchlight or Silverfall. They are plenty good as well. :P
  8. May 21, 2012
    After completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more funAfter completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more fun i'm sure. Gameplay - 10/10
    The sound is really as good as Diablo II although the music is very different, but still very good. Voice acting is also great although I was a bit disapponted with Diablo's voice. Sound - 10/10
    The graphics are also very nice, but of course the new art direction sometimes reminds us about Warcraft too much. I hoped that it would be a bit darker, but it is possible to change the colors and contrast with a kind of a "mod". The character models are really interesting (although again, it would have been nice if there was more effort put in Diablo's ingame model) and all the places also look really great. Graphics - 9/10
    And finally the story. I will try not to spoil anything by only writing abstract thoughts about some storyline decisions. Unfortunately, it is the weakest aspect of Diablo III. It was really predictable and some characters are just not right for Diablo universe. It seemed as if there was not a lot of effort put into it. Especially the storyline about the Black Soulstone was a bit too simple I think. The main chracters were all interesting, although the scoundrel and the jeweler were kind of annoying. Also I didn't really like what was done to Tyrael. The ending was good but it left some trivial and more serious unanswered questions. I think that there could have been a bit more explaining about what happened after the last boss fight. With that been said I think the story (and Diablo's voice) was the only thing that disapponted me a bit, but it wasn't bad of course - it just could have been better. Story - 8/10
    So my final rating would be 9.25/10 but I am giving it 10 because the majority of bad ratings here were given just because these people couldn't log in to the game or just couldn't pirate it because of constant online connection. Of course, it had serous launch problems, but those angry with this should't have come here and rate the game 0, they should wait for Blizzard to fix them. So, thank you, Blizzard for going away from WoW a bit and giving us a sequel to one of the best games of all time, not ruining it in the process. People are definitely going to play Diablo III for years to come.
  9. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo 2. It is not the same as Diablo 2. however, it is a worthy successor, keeping the engaging and addicting gameplay while tweaking a few things here and there. Give it a try before dismissing it. This will certainly be a wild ride!
  10. Jun 5, 2012
    I've read some of the more negative comments about how amazingly bad the graphics are in this game. How amazingly bad the sound is in the game. How horrible it is that Blizzard makes you log in for the experience! It's ridiculous when you can't find one thing to say about even the worst game that has some positive spin on it. This game has reasonable graphics and a reasonable story line toI've read some of the more negative comments about how amazingly bad the graphics are in this game. How amazingly bad the sound is in the game. How horrible it is that Blizzard makes you log in for the experience! It's ridiculous when you can't find one thing to say about even the worst game that has some positive spin on it. This game has reasonable graphics and a reasonable story line to follow. You all might as well get used to the format of logging on to play a game. It's a model you are exposed to a lot more than you realize when you gen up just about any game these days. I do have problems with Diablo...After 12 years, this game should have been better in several respects (including graphics, storyline and character creation). However, the pacing of the game is something that no one else has ever been able to replicate or even come close to. The second I let my guard down, then a giant mob enters the story. It's very well done in that regard. Torchlight was horribly paced and completely predictable and for the life of me I'll never understand what people see in it unless your IQ is below 80 (which I'm pretty sure also applies to most of the incredibly negative reviewers or they are under 15). Also, this is NOT an RPG but is an action RPG which is a whole 'nother ballgame. I was disappointed in its length but I must say that it is another game in nightmare and hell modes. Finally, the cinematics are great but way to short. Hopefully, the inevitable expansion will greatly enhance the play of the game. Expand
  11. May 22, 2012
    I'm completely puzzled by all the negative reviews for this game. While it isn't a perfect game, it is an extremely enjoyable representative of the genre.

Graphics: The graphics have a cell-shaded look similar to Torchlight. If you don't like that style of graphics, then you will not like this game. If you do like that look, then the graphics are fantastic. While you cannot zoom in -

Graphics:

The graphics have a cell-shaded look similar to Torchlight. If you don't like that style of graphics, then you will not like this game. If you do like that look, then the graphics are fantastic. While you cannot zoom in - probably to balance performance - the animations, effects for the various attacks are incredibly well done. If you have a weapon with a poison effect - pools of green fog will appear around dead mobs. The monk has various animations associated with his attacks that clearly convey the power of his fist and foot based attacks.

There is a lot of skill, craftsmanship and love put into the graphics in this game. So I would rate graphics as 9.5 out of 10.

Gameplay:

Nothing new or different here - this is a hack-n-slash game. Click, click, click, click, right-click, etc. That said, the controls are responsie and well thought out. As you level up, you will unlock various skills and you can change the active skills any time you aren't in combat.

The games consists of exploring areas, killing mobs, and picking up loot. And you are always hoping for better weapons or armor.

While there is nothing "new" under the covers - what is here is rock solid, if repetitive - and earns a 9.0 out of 10.

Customization:

I've seen a lot of comments about the lack of customization. I'm not sure that I understand why being able to customize the "look" of the character is so important to some people. If this was a Skyrim type game, yes that would matter. But, given the fixed perspective of the game - I agree with the developer's decision to limit you to selecting the gender, class and name of your character. Anything more would have been pointless window dressing.

As your level progresses - you do have limited control of your skills - which fall into broad categories such as: Active, Defensive, Passive, etc. While there is a set path , limited options as you level - you will need to switch out skills at various points.

I would rate this area an 8.0 out of 10.

Stability and Performance:

I've played the game about 25-30 hours so far, playing across 4 different classes: Wizard, Demon Hunter, Barbarian and Monk. The game has hard-locked my system once. Otherwise, it has been perfect and rock-solid. I'm also playing on an older Dell XPS 8100 - and have everything set to high-detail. The games loads quickly, transitions as you change areas are fast, so no complaints here.

I would give a 9.0 out of 10 rating.

Loot & Leveling

Loot and leveling are the areas where I have some qualms about the game. With regard to loot - so far the game seems pretty stingy. You find a lot of magical items, but none of it has had a WOW, TFA factor. And, the rare / epic items are extremely infrequent and also kind of ho-hum.

You spend a lot of time picking up trash items, and selling them. And, for some reason, I seem to be getting a lot of items that are restricted to a different class than the one I'm playing. I.e. my Demon Hunter keeps getting a lot of Barbarian only gear.

In short, there seems to be something slightly "off" and underwhelming in the area of loot.

On the positive side, you unlock an Blacksmith NPC - and if you spend gold training him you eventually get access to some nice items.

Leveling - because of the fixed path for the various skill areas - also is a little less satisfying than I might like.

While these are gripes - when balanced against the overall game they are relatively minor. No game is perfect, and these are the two areas where Diablo 3 shines the least.

I will give both loot and leveling (unlocking new skills) a 7.5 out of 10.

Overall Score:

This game is a definite 9.0 out of 10. There are a lot of lessons that other developers could learn from Blizzard and this game. The overall polish and design are extremely high-quality. I've had no problems connecting to servers, with performance, etc.

I would like better loot, and more of a sense of freedom when it comes to unlocking and selecting skills when leveling - but these are really minor quibbles with an otherwise excellent game. A lot of people have complained about not having scrolls - but given the limited inventory slots I applaud the design decision to eliminate the scrolls and just provide a town portal and identify unknown items skill. This is a fun, addictive games with an extremely high-level of polish and artistry. If you like the genre, and don't mind the graphics style - this game is highly recommended. I paid full price, and feel that I'm getting my money's worth. Will that change when Torchlight 2 comes out - at $20 - maybe. But, until then, this is a fantastic hack-n-slash. Highly recommended.
  12. May 21, 2012
    I'm going to start this off by saying PLEASE DISREGARD ALL THE NEGATIVE USER REVIEWS. 98% of them are either copy-pastes of each other, or the people who wrote them provide no valid support for their arguments about the graphics, sound, gameplay, or the online interactions. Or they're just totally over-reacting over the rough launch the game had (server issues, basically). Those are prettyI'm going to start this off by saying PLEASE DISREGARD ALL THE NEGATIVE USER REVIEWS. 98% of them are either copy-pastes of each other, or the people who wrote them provide no valid support for their arguments about the graphics, sound, gameplay, or the online interactions. Or they're just totally over-reacting over the rough launch the game had (server issues, basically). Those are pretty much smoothed out now. Also, people really need to understand that going by hype when it comes to games is ALWAYS a mistake, no matter how good the game really is. Diablo 3 is made by BLIZZARD, so of course it's going to get way over-hyped. More importantly, the previous Diablo games were made back during the golden age of games, which is sadly gone now. This type of game was very unique in those days, so OF COURSE the first two Diablo games had that awesome wow-factor that games these days rarely match. Diablo 3 came out a DECADE after its predecessor. That's a very long time. You can't expect it to be an instant cult classic. Actually, the very fact that it's this good after a whole decade of other loot games coming out and watering the genre down is pretty impressive. Anyway, regarding the details. Diablo 3 looks great. If you compare it to Diablo 2, it's light years ahead in visuals. Spell effects are awesome looking (though tend to be expensive to render, even with the limiter enabled). The big open fields and dungeons you get to explore have a very awesome painterly look to them and it can be very hard to tell where polygons are even at sometimes (this is a very good thing).. Diablo 3 looks great, despite not having super high tech shaders, high poly models, and high resolution textures. Blizzard did a fantastic job budgeting the visuals so they were relatively inexpensive to render while looking great. People complain about it looking too cartoony and I guess they expected Blizzard to go for a realistic look. Quite frankly, Diablo 2 never even had a realistic look to it to begin with, so the mindset that Blizzard screwed up with the visuals is pretty convoluted in my opinion. Diablo is a fantasy after all. Cartoonish and surreal visuals are practically a staple amongst the genre. Regardless, Blizzard maintained a level of grittiness suitable for the Diablo series, while giving the art style a deft touch. That's a win in my books. And sounds? I think the ONLY thing I could possibly complain about is the occasional iffy voice acting on certain characters. Decard Cain's "feeble Sean Connery-sounding" voice gets a bit annoying at times, but he's only in the first act, so it's not a big deal. A few random skills have weak sound effects I guess. The impact sound for the Barbarian's leap ability is a bit odd, for instance. Other than that, the soundtrack is fantastic and the voice casting is overall pretty solid. As for plot and story. Yes, it's not the strongest and some things are predictable, but it's there and it's presented in a way that isn't intrusive to gameplay at all. It's there to give you a sense of direction; why you're in this dungeon and what your primary goals are throughout each act. The pre-rendered cinematics are absolutely incredible to watch too. something Blizzard has always done incredibly well (just make a movie already). There's minor cut scenes which are just sketched art on books, with your character narrating events and whatnot. Those are surprisingly painless to watch. Overall, Diablo 3's story just flows with the gameplay nice and simple, even if it's not riveting or totally original. On to animations. This is one thing that's somewhat weak regarding Diablo, and is one of the reasons I'm giving the game an 8. Animations aren't HORRIBLE but they're not perfect either. In-game cutscenes are rather awkward to watch because what TECHNICALLY goes on in cutscenes is so misguided and poorly emphasized in the character animations. Blizzard didn't really bother to do any extensive choreography for characters, so they simply look like NPCs moving around in the game world rather than characters acting on a stage. It's a very common thing in video games and it's not a HUGE letdown or anything, though if Blizzard had done some serious choreography, it would have gone a very long way and made experiencing the actual story a lot more enjoyable. As for combat and whatnot, animations look fine to me. Monster mobs look menacing at times, and your abilities LOOK like they pack a punch (especially if you go Monk or Barbarian). Character movement animations are solid, and the basic attack animations are well-done. Essentially, combat encompasses all the strong points of Diablo 3's animations as whole. Lastly, the gameplay is fantastic. Simple controls, overhauled inventory system, skills are very intuitive. Combat is very fun and fast-paced. I miss the customized attribute system, but the new system works great, even if you get less customization. Not a HUGE deal though. Expand
  13. Jul 2, 2012
    Disappointed overall. Expected the game to have much more depth and ground breaking concepts. Errors and exploits have killed the online market. Graphics and designs were exceptional but still could have improved even more, especially with the time they had to develop it. The gold duplication exploit has destroyed the gold and real money market. There is no real point in buying/selling onDisappointed overall. Expected the game to have much more depth and ground breaking concepts. Errors and exploits have killed the online market. Graphics and designs were exceptional but still could have improved even more, especially with the time they had to develop it. The gold duplication exploit has destroyed the gold and real money market. There is no real point in buying/selling on the market any more. A small % of people have huge amounts of gold which wouldn't be possible, even if u played 24/7. The item's attributes and stats are a little off. Certain normal/uncommon items are better than rares and legendaries . The game overall is very linear and repetitive. Disappointed in the final product and hope an expansion will further the games experience. But i have that feeling that it will just be an expansion that will raise the level cap and still the same repetitive item hunting with no other real goals to aim for. Expand
  14. May 31, 2012
    A lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. TheA lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. The graphics wont blow you away but they get the job done and allow great visual design for a top down view game. There is so much going on you need all the bright and dark difference in color to follow the action and act fast and accordingly. Music in a headset is just right and dosnt try to rock you out and become annoying. Play control may take a bit of getting used to for some but is second nature once you just except it and practice. It takes the kind of player who really enjoys the lure of power and progression with a true sense that you earn it as it becomes harder and harder to grab that great gear. If your just a casual gamer looking for a story or some kind of game that changes gaming forever than you may not find the appeal of D3, but for all of you who are min maxers and loot whores who love that challenge and satisfaction of becoming the most powerful player you can be, than this game will drive you forward with the promise of power better than any game that has come before. Expand
  15. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is theI totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  16. May 20, 2012
    This game are so awesome. I still waiting for 12 years ago for this game, and this is perfect for me.
    The history and the gameplay is true to the Diablo series, and the development for the Characters, is very special. It's true. We don't can assign points in strength, dexterity, vitality and Intelligence. but, In this time, We'll have to see objects and statistics of our luggage, to get what we want. With ability to do many builds of combat. This game is no longer suffering from the error 37 or 75. Not even the Templar and bug shield.
    Thus, enjoy this game, start to shut up and good luck in your fight against Diablo.
    As one would say in my country:
    ¡ A VICIARSE ! :D
  17. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  18. May 15, 2012
    I'm going to start by addressing DRM and the online nature of this game, since that seems to be what most people here want to discuss. Whether you live in Asia, Europe or "the Americas," Diablo 3's midnight launch (and unless you were lucky enough to live in certain time zones, wasn't actually midnight launch). The servers were unable to handle the traffic, and a lot of people couldn'tI'm going to start by addressing DRM and the online nature of this game, since that seems to be what most people here want to discuss. Whether you live in Asia, Europe or "the Americas," Diablo 3's midnight launch (and unless you were lucky enough to live in certain time zones, wasn't actually midnight launch). The servers were unable to handle the traffic, and a lot of people couldn't play. That said, WoW and Starcraft 2 experienced the same issues at launch, and today they are recognized as some of the best games within their genres. The day of launch is the WORST day to play these games, as they have historically been very rocky due to the absurd amount of people trying to connect. I understand why people are upset at the always-online requirement of these games, but for me they are by no means a deal-breaker. That said, if you have a decent computer and a good internet connection, you owe it to yourself to try Diablo 3. It is one of the easiest games to play and yet one of the most satisfying. The art in this game is fantastic, it's moody and at times looks painted onto the screen. Although the environments are linear and restrictive, Blizzard has done a lot of nice things visually to make the places you explore seem vast and epic. There are huge vertical drops and lots of detail everywhere to keep the places you explore nice places to be. The combat is very simple, but the large amount of skills and modifications for those skills keep you looking forward to the next level up. The skills themselves also feel incredible to execute. Bashing things as a barbarian has never felt so right, and there is something righteous about throwing a giant jar of spiders at your enemy as a witch doctor. Killing elite monsters and watching as loot with different colored fonts showers from their corpses is still one of the most elating feelings in gaming, even if your left mouse button is doing the bulk of the work.

In short, I've been waiting for Blizzard to make this game for 12 years, and already the game has delivered beyond my expectations. Do think, buy.
  19. May 17, 2012
    I can't in good faith award this any other score than zero. Ignoring the hype, ignoring the pedigree that is Blizzard, ignoring Diablo I and II, ignoring all of that, approaching this game without any of those hang-ups. I am disappointed, nay, extremely disappointed. This is marketed and priced as a AAA game and it is anything but. If you are lucky enough to get past the the log-in screen,I can't in good faith award this any other score than zero. Ignoring the hype, ignoring the pedigree that is Blizzard, ignoring Diablo I and II, ignoring all of that, approaching this game without any of those hang-ups. I am disappointed, nay, extremely disappointed. This is marketed and priced as a AAA game and it is anything but. If you are lucky enough to get past the the log-in screen, a somewhat amusing game awaits you. Highly linear and taking zero risks, Diablo III has the distinct feeling of being utterly uninspired and serves more as a money making machine rather than a labor of love. Adding a black eye to the whole affair, the always-online DRM increasingly adds to the frustration of the Diablo III experience. Had I known nothing about the developers of this title, I would have assumed that it was a browser game as that is it's true competitor. This is certainly no AAA title. Expand
  20. May 18, 2012
    Excellent game. They have reworked all game mechanisms that needed to be reworked and now the game is far better than diablo 2.
    In addition, the level design is just impressive and so beautiful.
  21. May 16, 2012
    The game is good, but feels way too carebear. Instead of having like 50 people having 50 different types of characters in the same class, you have 50 people having more like 3 types of characters in the same class. Most of the blame lies with how much this game generation tries to hold the player's hand while they play the game. This one is no different in that regard. Apart from thatThe game is good, but feels way too carebear. Instead of having like 50 people having 50 different types of characters in the same class, you have 50 people having more like 3 types of characters in the same class. Most of the blame lies with how much this game generation tries to hold the player's hand while they play the game. This one is no different in that regard. Apart from that though, it is still a fun game. Servers were messy the first couple days, but that is to be expected in such an anticipated game like this. People are way too quick in whining about the servers being down as you can't predict how stable servers are going to be no matter how much you prepare for it which is what people fail to realize. They probably could have kept the open beta going longer and got more data for it to use for release day, but I'm sure after a week of it being released, everything will settle down and will be fine from there on out.

I don't like how the game is only 4 acts long. For a game that has been in development for this long, you would think they would try to squeeze as much as they could into this game and throw in at least 5 total acts. Hopefully an expansion won't be too far off and we won't have to wait too long for it.
  22. May 16, 2012
    Extremely addictive...almost like D2 - whitch is great! Yes, i had connection issues, but once i got in the game, i could stop playing. IT IS ALMOST THE SAME GAME AS D2...so... 9/10 :)
  23. May 25, 2012
    This game does not deserve a 10 nor 0...

People really have to leave biased opinion out of a game review, if it has errors it isn't perfect, therefore is shouldn't get a 10, on the oither hand giving a game a 0 is complete retardation. I've never been a fan of Diablo, but decided to give it a shot and I was pleasntly pleased. It has many good features and can keep one amused for hours on
    This game does not deserve a 10 nor 0...

I've never been a fan of Diablo, but decided to give it a shot and I was pleasntly pleased. It has many good features and can keep one amused for hours on end. The story I found somewhat lacks, maybe due to the fact I didn't play previous diablo's but the gameplay more than makes up for that.

I encountered many of the game breaking glitches as others have mentioned, some were fixed, but rushed development and releasing an unfinished game has to have some consequence against the final score.

A solid 8, hopefully with patches the game can climb into a 9, I consider anybody giving this game a 10 a "fanboy" there are issues that can't be overlooked, it is far from perfect. I wonder how much Blizzard pays the gaming companies to score so many 10's when fans playing the game looks seriously upset.
  24. May 16, 2012
    People can say what they want, but most of the changes are for the best. If you played all the Diablo's it is easy to see within about 5 minutes that it is more fun, more depth, and takes more skill to play. Diablo 3 is amazing.
  25. May 15, 2012
    Connection issues suck but they are a very temporary issue. Core game play is solid and everything we have come to expect in the Diablo franchise. Way to go Blizzard, good job.
  26. May 18, 2012
    Regardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it evenRegardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it even more addicting, it will definitely leave you wanting more, it is a true Blizzard masterpiece. Expand
  27. May 17, 2012
    The best hack 'n' slash I've ever played. Really immersive. I don't know, why there's lots of negative comments- IT IS A GREAT GAME! About servers: I don't have problems. Once I can't log into the game, there is no problems afterwards.
    I trully recommend this game, it's perfect!
  28. May 17, 2012
    fter giving the game some time and ignoring the problems with the servers on launch day i got to say that this game is amazing.People are giving this game a 0/10 here because they couldnt connect on launch days...they give it a bad rating because it uses a different stats/skillsystem then diablo 2 but havent yet seen how much more options this system gives later on.In fact u are STILLfter giving the game some time and ignoring the problems with the servers on launch day i got to say that this game is amazing.People are giving this game a 0/10 here because they couldnt connect on launch days...they give it a bad rating because it uses a different stats/skillsystem then diablo 2 but havent yet seen how much more options this system gives later on.In fact u are STILL managing your stat points later.You dont do it @ lvl up anymore but with GEMS and ITEMS.They are the MAIN SOURCE of stats point later in the game and you can place them as free as you want.If you want an barb full of int for some fancy fun build you can do it.The stat points given from items/gems is ALOT higher the the one from lvl ups.(iam a lvl 42 with around 700 dex.My char gains 3 dex per level.You can do the math yourself of how important the few stat points from lvling up are compared to gems and items.) And the best thing u can ADJUST them when u feel that u need to change your playstyle/build.And i dont even want to start about skills an skill runes...millions of possibilities there. After really understanding the mechanics of this game you will see that it in fact offers u ALOT more possibilities to play your char your own way then diablo 2 ever could.So before u keep judging the game you should really understand it first. Expand
  29. May 16, 2012
    People need to really calm down. There are a ton of 0s and 1s and 2s, scores I would reserve for games which are actually defective and don't work. Yeah I was pissed about launch, that wasn't very good of them, but IMO it shouldn't be considered when you're writing a tantrum review. The graphics aren't anything special, but the art direction is pretty decent. I'm not sure what theirPeople need to really calm down. There are a ton of 0s and 1s and 2s, scores I would reserve for games which are actually defective and don't work. Yeah I was pissed about launch, that wasn't very good of them, but IMO it shouldn't be considered when you're writing a tantrum review. The graphics aren't anything special, but the art direction is pretty decent. I'm not sure what their thinking on graphics was, possibly it was a concern about requirements. Now the key is similarities and differences to d2. The skill system is far more simple which is a shame, since I enjoyed really growing as a character and having the skills stack up. However, this does save me the tens of hours I had to spend reading guides on exactly what skill point allocation you needed to use at every level. This leads to more viable builds, and simpler character progression, but it removes the coolness of things like the hammerdin which took advantage of the stats system to make a spell initially thought to be useless an incredible killing machine. I do like the rune system, which seems like it will allow for some interesting combinations of spells and usages. I think character variety will be mostly about items, and what passives/runes you run with, more than any kind of skill build. The crafting system is intriguing, but I haven't used it enough to comment on how it relates to the endgame. I think the world structure is very similar to Diablo in terms of town and interconnected monster areas. Any complaints of increased linearity I think are due to the fact that you have more story tying together your quests, and actual map marker. You will see a number of people expressing their displeasure by using what I call "review centric cusswords", as in reviews that are their equivalent of cursing out the game; "wow inspired", "linear" "pay to win" etc etc. Is this the greatest game I've ever played? No. Is it a horrible abomination such that diablo would use in his own army? Also no. Since its about impossible to find an unbiasesd review on this page, I would suggest watching gameplay footage and deciding for yourself.

As for you guys writing 0s and 1s, do you really think you're doing anything to the game sales?
  30. May 15, 2012
    A very polished and fun game - make no mistake about that. Diablo 3 is hardly original, but who really expected it to be? The core gameplay is intact and very fun, and I think that's all most people wanted. However: the "always online" aspect of the game is extremely frustrating. This does not justify giving the game 0 for failing to log in, I feel... but it still sucks. The item system isA very polished and fun game - make no mistake about that. Diablo 3 is hardly original, but who really expected it to be? The core gameplay is intact and very fun, and I think that's all most people wanted. However: the "always online" aspect of the game is extremely frustrating. This does not justify giving the game 0 for failing to log in, I feel... but it still sucks. The item system is fantastic and the storytelling is quite enjoyable too, although it's sad to see skill trees go. Still, there are tons of skills to experiment with and once the server issues are resolved, good times are ahead. :) Expand
  31. May 16, 2012
    When you can get connected the game is pretty cool. Especially if you are long time fan of the franchise. I just wish I could consistently connect. I may post an updated review later after I can get more play time. I bought the collector's edition and have to admit I was pissed on launch not being able to play for the first 24 hours or so. Here is hoping I like it more next week.
  32. May 16, 2012
    IDK why everyone is **** I spose you can say launch wasnt terribly smooth, who really would have expected otherwise? Gameplay is simplified... agreed, its more about the combat then actually designing a character. But still the skills work well, the combat is good, they have provided everything I need to in a convienient manner to slay hordes of demons. I dont have to think about things asIDK why everyone is **** I spose you can say launch wasnt terribly smooth, who really would have expected otherwise? Gameplay is simplified... agreed, its more about the combat then actually designing a character. But still the skills work well, the combat is good, they have provided everything I need to in a convienient manner to slay hordes of demons. I dont have to think about things as much as in D2. Kinda suites the semi casual gamer like me who doesnt wanna crunch numbers to gain an edge. Im currently in act 2 cruising through, so it runs the risk of becomming repeditive. Aslong as the difficulty increases it will keep me interested. It is lacking in depth however, I think they over simplified a bit too much, therefore its not a 9 or 10. But for the polish and attention to detail it deserves a decent score. Expand
  33. May 17, 2012
    Personally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how itsPersonally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how its handled, and there are definitely alot of changes compared to d1 and d2 but overall this game is a solid continuation of the franchise. Expand
  34. May 29, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I've had some problems with the AH, but they fixed it (for now...). If anyone gets bored with the game, make a hardcore character, it's MUCH funner.
  35. May 17, 2012
    Overall D3 is a great game with a big flaw. Diablo is not WoW, so it's a sin to force online game for single player campaign. It's not tolerable that I can't play the game I paid for if I'm not connected!! I live in an island and this would be perfect for my weekends away!
    I also can't stand that their are changing the software license concept. I have payed 60â
  36. May 27, 2012
    Constant internet connection and battle. net requirements aside, the game is a solid dungeon crawler. The graphics (while appearing dated) give a solid atmosphere, and the sound design and musical score are very well done and engaging. The story is pretty typical, but it gives what you're doing a purpose and that's good enough. The gameplay, for the most part, is solid. It's disappointingConstant internet connection and battle. net requirements aside, the game is a solid dungeon crawler. The graphics (while appearing dated) give a solid atmosphere, and the sound design and musical score are very well done and engaging. The story is pretty typical, but it gives what you're doing a purpose and that's good enough. The gameplay, for the most part, is solid. It's disappointing you can no longer distribute attribute and skill points to your own liking, as this was the staple of the previous diablo's. While this makes customization almost a literal no-go, they replay value of the game is still pretty high. It's fun to try and beat the game on a higher difficulty setting (which gets pretty hard), and there are five very different classes to choose. And, despite you having no controls over what skills you learn, the skills themselves are numerous and interesting. All in all, Diablo III is a good game, it's just hampered by poor decisions that were probably made to "streamline" the game. If you try to please everyone, you only disappoint everyone. Take notice, Blizzard. Expand
  37. May 19, 2012
    Excellent Game...one of the most amazing games I've ever played...DRM sucks but talking just about the game I have to say that this game makes it a lot better than plenty games I played before...all the people giving low scores I think they should buy the game instead of having "problems" with DRM :D
  38. May 18, 2012
    I've waited for this game for a while, and I really like it. Graphics are great and the story is pretty "meh", thought that doesn't really matter because it's all about the click-click-click anyway. Also, thanks to Blizzard for making their games so damn scalable. By that, I mean it works on my 5 year old iMac, smooth as hell. Great!

And so what about the DRM. Everyone has the internet

And so what about the DRM. Everyone has the internet these days, so it's not really a pain in the ass. Remember playing Diablo 2 and getting killed by hackers all the time? Well, that won't happen as easily now that all of our characters and items are stored on the Blizzard servers. Get over it, I say. If you're into it, it's a good game. Play it and have fun.
  39. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to maturePlayed both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  40. Mar 10, 2014
    It has gotten much better with the new patch. Lots of new uniques and no need to ever visit AH. Loads of fun now. Userscore on the site is no longer accurate
  41. May 15, 2012
    They took Diablo 2, streamlined it and removed all the nonsense, they dumped the constant need to farm that made Diablo 2 stale quickly, they removed all the inventory issues by making items a set size. Then they dumped the requirement to have identify item scrolls and town portal scrolls.

The skills are better because now you're set using 6 of them, instead of Diablo 2 where you only used 1-2 of them that you maxed out. Alot of people are upset about this but it comes down to the fact you cannot exploit this game like you could Diablo 2 (Sorcerer with Frost Orb maxed soloing the entire game) This requires teamwork, or at the very least a strategy, tactics and an escape plan because it does get hard and you will die.

They took Diablo 2 and made it require skill to play it, not to troll or rage or be rude, but alot of people were expecting "Skill" games (copy/ paste builds, grind gear, exploit game, be stupid OP) and got a game where if they're dumb they're getting smacked around.

Aside from the crappy Blizzard/ Battle.net service right now I would highly recommend this game to anyone that's looking for a great CO-OP/ Strategy- Action game.
  42. Nov 2, 2012
    I don't understand all that negative comes from launch, when servers wasn't ready enough to hold all that numbers of players, and the game still doe's not ready to be finished, but Blizzard doing all what they think is right to get it done, when i start to play (almost after release tho) i had the feelings that i still play beta, but with patches games come better.

I don't know is it

I don't know is it better then Diablo 2 or not, these are different games, but i 95% sure that games does not deserve that kinda of negative responses that it gets.

All that i see now, is that game get some additions and changes all over the patches, same as was with previous part of franchise. And you must to know that game have plenty of space to progress: arenas not out yet,more random events can be added to game in any time, normal items can get some use, crafting system can be improved, new cases, act, areas can be added. Only one negative thing about game is AH and RMAH, cus all game work around it, but hey it better that blizzard get some cut of real money (or gold, hehe) paid for items (if some one want to pay, and can, why not?) than some creepy illegal shops get it.

So for now game is 7 of 10 but i put 10 to get some heads up for the good developers.
  43. May 21, 2012
    Hey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the gameHey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the game requiring internet connection and rates the game with zero (he probably didn't even get in yet O.o). Why does he buy a game when it expressly says all over the internet for yeaaaaaars that this is gonna be the way that D3 is. Another guy rates with 1 because of graphics AND sounds? O.o Graphics are amazing, it's Blizzard style, so yea, it's a little cartoonish, if you don't like it, your loss. Again, you shouldn't have purchased the game in the first place, videos and images are all over the internet. Not that graphics were really ever any issue if the game is fun, right? And Diablo III is funny as HELL! When it comes to sounds, few games sound better, really. I must admit that soundtrack ain't no Elder Scrolls style nor quality, it's not bad, it doesn't bother but you'll barely notice the music except for a few exceptions. The sound effects on the other hand are fabulous! Every bash and smash (talking 'bout Barbs here), every meteor and blizzard (guess;) sounds just how it should sound and more. There's one thing you have to keep in mind, Diablo III is still a loot-oriented action RPG, right? So if you never enjoyed Diablo II, chances are you won't like D3 either, although it's not a rule in this case. Diablo has seriously evolved in the last twelve years and you'll notice right as you jump into the game. Each level feels rewarding, you have nearly unlimited skill customization options, you steer your character's stats through gearing differently instead of manually distributing points each level. All in all, although I had had my doubt before they released the game, it's better. Every character of a certain class is absolutely the same at the top level, if standing naked with no skills assigned. But when gear and your preferences with spells kick in, you get a completely different character than others have. You can easily switch between solo oriented skill set and party set. There's so much to explore that one playthrough is never enough. Then there is a guy here claiming that normal mode playthrough takes 2 hours, well... even the first act takes double that time if you're rushing, if you're taking it leisurely to actually have some fun along the way, it takes about 6 hours. Anyway, for all of you who aren't retarded and don't buy games that don't suit you when you know they won't, Diablo III is out there, go play and see for yourself. Blizzard did it again! :) Expand
  44. Nov 4, 2012
    1.05 Patch has Brought life back to a game that should of been great but had a very very very terrible start. Now we await the long need of the next step to this game, PVP.
  45. May 15, 2012
    Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact,Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact, anyone that says it isnt anything like diablo 2 is mentally handicapped and should seek help. I am an avid diablo 2 fan (over 700 hours, 7 lvl 99 characters, over 100 playthroughs) I can honestly say that this game is better...you may think that because there are no skill or stat points that it is streamlined but I assure you it is not. There are over 1000 more character combinations with the available 30+ skills and 130+ runes and 16 passives that there is no way that everyone (unless they follow a guide) will be the same...The story is not rubbish, in fact they did a hell of a lot better conveying their message than diablo 1 and 2 did combined. Bottom line, if someone gave it below a 7 they are obviously trolling...If you are a fan of diablo 2 like I was then you MUST, I don't mean it lightly, pick up this game. In my honest opinion it is much better than diablo 2, and definitely lived up to the hype. Additionally for those looking to troll the real money auction house let me remind you of what it was like in diablo 2 when you would create a game and 9 gold spammers would join the game and spam your chat log to the point it would cover your screen, and those few unfortunate individuals that happened to buy gear from an unknown site with real money and got their identities stolen or never recieved their items...yeah remember that? I 100% agree with the real money auction house...additionally DIABLO IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME! since diablo 2 it has had a focus on multiplayer, so suck it up get over that it doesn't have a single player portion...that is my opinion...for those of you that troll, please uninstall the game and give it to someone that does care, or stop playing altogether so that we can log in quicker...thanks Expand
  46. May 26, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing aI really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing a monch is not comparable with playing a demonhunter and the dungeons are randomly generated which means that you will never think :"Uh, I've seen this one before, boring".

The game has an amazing repayablity, I will definatly be hooked for month as I've not tested out the warlock and sorcerer yet. Every class has its own cutscenes... so you basically get different stories per class. I give it a 10 because it is my first hack and slay game and I like it very much.
  47. May 16, 2012
    Honestly these user reviews are useless. Bunch of whiney nerds crying about the price, DRM, and day one server issues. The game is a lot of fun...granted its no Diablo II but its still more than worth playing and enjoying.

48. May 15, 2012
    Thank you for the Beta Blizzard. No thanks for the retail copy. Always online to fight piracy? Auction house for real money? Medium quality graphics on a high end PC? I know graphics aint everything but what else is on the table? A deep engrossing story? Complex gameplay with deep mechanics? I hear those are all missing. I think Torchlight 2 is where its at, where it's more about makingThank you for the Beta Blizzard. No thanks for the retail copy. Always online to fight piracy? Auction house for real money? Medium quality graphics on a high end PC? I know graphics aint everything but what else is on the table? A deep engrossing story? Complex gameplay with deep mechanics? I hear those are all missing. I think Torchlight 2 is where its at, where it's more about making fun games instead of making a profit. Expand
  49. May 19, 2012
    Game is good, a little innovation on the ARPG genre which was terribly needed. Battle.net server issues only thing hurting it at the moment. Addition of offline single player (even if a connection is needed to DRM check every 30-60 days or something) would go a long ways towards solving the complaints.
  50. Jun 15, 2012
    a good game deserves a good mark for great graphics. Optimal optimal gameplay of the series continued good characters and good dialogues blizzard had seven years of production
  51. May 18, 2012
    This game is a lot of fun. I am not normally into games like these, or really most co-op games like this (borderlands is my other example), but so far, I am really enjoying myself. The graphics are up to par with WoW and the story is thoughtful and interesting. It is very straight forward, with no character customization outside of gender and class, and the class abilities are more basedThis game is a lot of fun. I am not normally into games like these, or really most co-op games like this (borderlands is my other example), but so far, I am really enjoying myself. The graphics are up to par with WoW and the story is thoughtful and interesting. It is very straight forward, with no character customization outside of gender and class, and the class abilities are more based on play style rather than WoW's ability to give you dozens of abilities for a wide array of play options. That being said, someone looking for a hardcore game like the older Diablo or vanilla WoW should more so veer away from this title, however, those more casual and looking for a fun game to play with friends or even just a challenging world to explore at your leisure, will find endless hours of life-sucking fun. I give this game a 9 out of 10, being that it has proven to me that a co-op loot-grabbing game can be just as fun as anything else when put together in a way that cuts down the elitists and allows casual players to enjoy without feeling like lesser gamers. My only gripe is probably the graphics being sub-par to most games in this era, outside of Blizzard's famous CGI cut scenes, which would make anyone interested in a movie of anything Blizzard makes full of hope. Very enjoyable, with minor cosmetic short-comings. (And for those of you pulling a CoD on reviews for this game, try to review it as Diablo 3 and not say things like, "This game isn't Diablo 2 and I hate it!". The story is a sequel to the D2, and that is what sequel means, not that it is an exact copy.) Expand
  52. May 20, 2012
    I think the game is very good, a masterpiece tbh. However like many others i realy dislike the dependability of the blizzard servers. Beside that i think the hosting party is doing a real bad job. 1) Was not prepared for the early storm 2) patching on sunday 3) lag issues which realy suck in deathmatches. Deciding to make it a online game was bold and gave some benifits to the game,I think the game is very good, a masterpiece tbh. However like many others i realy dislike the dependability of the blizzard servers. Beside that i think the hosting party is doing a real bad job. 1) Was not prepared for the early storm 2) patching on sunday 3) lag issues which realy suck in deathmatches. Deciding to make it a online game was bold and gave some benifits to the game, however this will only succeed if the hosting party does a good job. The fact that people grade this game so low is imo justice for the poor hostingjob. Strange from a party that has so much experiance with onlinegaming.

PS;) Softwaredevelopers you did a great job and i feel sorry that ur hardware collegues messed it up for you ;)
  53. Jun 29, 2012
    Good game, Better than Diablo 2 when it came out , Yes the game is not a masterpiece at the moment, but the development team is still adjusting minor flaws and trying to make it a game enjoyable for everyone. I recommend it for every hack and slash enthusiast and the haters are going to hate anyway so have fun and you won't be disappointed. If you want to make sure your gonna have a realGood game, Better than Diablo 2 when it came out , Yes the game is not a masterpiece at the moment, but the development team is still adjusting minor flaws and trying to make it a game enjoyable for everyone. I recommend it for every hack and slash enthusiast and the haters are going to hate anyway so have fun and you won't be disappointed. If you want to make sure your gonna have a real masterpiece, you can wait for the expansion, by then the game will be entirely perfect, by then see you in-game :) Expand
  54. May 20, 2012
    The game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play theThe game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play the game. I'd recommend this to everyone who likes to play a game where, co-op, single-player and pvp is mixed together into awesomeness. Remember guys this isn't Diablo 2, it's Diablo 3. Expand
  55. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  56. May 15, 2012
    I felt the need to write this because of how many trolls and haters there are. They're being completely unreasonable and just want to vent on the internets. I have played up to what I think is almost the end of Act 2 and I'm absolutely loving this game. The combat is so satisfying, the story is engaging, the graphics are great (I'm a graphics whore). The graphics aren't perhaps theI felt the need to write this because of how many trolls and haters there are. They're being completely unreasonable and just want to vent on the internets. I have played up to what I think is almost the end of Act 2 and I'm absolutely loving this game. The combat is so satisfying, the story is engaging, the graphics are great (I'm a graphics whore). The graphics aren't perhaps the absolute best they could be, but I don't even care because it has an awesome style that almost looks like it's been hand painted. The art style of the game is great. The GUI, like all Blizzard games, is fantastic. There were server issues at first. It took me 1.5 hours just to be able to log on. That was frustrating, but now that it's working, the game is amazing. Can't wait to try co-op, PvP and the Real-money auction house. Don't listen to the idiots giving this 0 or 1, the game is amazing. Expand
  57. May 17, 2012
    I played this game for 10 minutes and it's the most amazing game I've ever played!!! I know, that sounds ridiculous... but it's no more ridiculous than those giving the game a zero simply because they can't play offline. I have to balance out the stupidity. I'll put up a real review when I actually play the game... unlike all these knee jerk reviews.
  58. May 15, 2012
    Worth sequel well worth what I paid & waited for. Everything is improved upon, fun and bloody. Already spent hours just being nostalgic and slaughtering tons of demons. I can't wait for more of the end game bosses, the classes are extremely bad ass to play with, my personal choice Barbarian.
  59. May 18, 2012
    Haven't touched the Diablo Series. This game is everything I wished and hoped for, it has the most interface-friendly RPG menu I've seen. It's simple, yet more complex in the matter of dmg and survival. Having my 2 brothers across the country, Diablo 3 has the most fluid friend/invite option. I can log into Diablo 3 and in a matter for 5 seconds I can be fighting by my friends side. TheHaven't touched the Diablo Series. This game is everything I wished and hoped for, it has the most interface-friendly RPG menu I've seen. It's simple, yet more complex in the matter of dmg and survival. Having my 2 brothers across the country, Diablo 3 has the most fluid friend/invite option. I can log into Diablo 3 and in a matter for 5 seconds I can be fighting by my friends side. The bosses are challenging, the ENEMIES! Let's talk about the enemies. There are so many variations of enemies you encounter in the Diablo 3 universe. There are scrolls you find that have little back stories to the demon/monster which I found appealing. The enemies are mean, and will surround you if you don't pay close attention. There are so many spells, you wouldn't know what to do. The environment is AMAZING! Lots of details everywhere, I'm an explorer so I scale the whole map. You find so many intricate items, and backgrounds. Maybe a forest, with a little watermill by the waterfall. The ambient sound in this game is out of this world! Trust me on this one, you will not want to miss this game. Expand
  60. May 28, 2012
    Having actually been able to play through the game with little server issues (I was disconnected once and lost a lot of progress in one of the later dungeons). I'm happy to say that Diablo 3 doesn't disappoint. It's a polished experience that is every bit as addictive as Diablo & Diablo 2.
  61. May 27, 2012
    before you reading an user review, see when it was posted. the most bad reviews are made on 15 may, when the game came out and "nobody" could play it because the servers capacity was not enough.

now my oppinion about d3: it makes fun to play, to get better items, to play with other people. the story is good for a hack n slay game. the new classes are interesting. the difficulty hell and beyond forces you to have good equipment and techniques.

but iam not sure about the online single player without an offline mode. not good in my eyes.
  62. May 18, 2012
    After such a long, long wait Diablo 3 is finally here and I am enjoying my time with it so, so much. It's fast, fun, gorgeous, and everything it sets out to do does it flawlessly. The game had server issues the first day and a half but ever since then it's been flawless. My connection has been perfect and I am already addicted to the game. If you are a fan of ARPG's do not miss this game.
  63. May 17, 2012
    Great game. Don't be fooled by the low user score, the majority of the negative reviews are due to no offline mode and launch issues. If you're not bothered by the fact that you need a constant internet connection to play, go ahead and get it...it's a great game.
  64. May 16, 2012
    Great game, really awesome graphics. Countless hours of replay. Love the sound and voice acting. Very fun. I can understand why it's so popular. GAME OF THE YEAR.
  65. May 17, 2012
    Stupid noob haters, the game is amazing.. if you don't like the graphics just use the Darkd3 mod and it will become amazing. This is the funniest game after Diablo 2 and me and my friend are in love with it.
    Giving 0 to this game mean that you should go play Call of Duty or The Sims.
  66. May 16, 2012
    everyone here who is saying that this game is bad is just in a bad mood because he is addicted to the computer and couldnt play diablo 3 so he needs to flame. shut up scrubs you got no idea about this game you are just bad players nothing else play wow or whatever u think is worth to play and dont noob around on our awesome diablo 3 servers kiddies
  67. May 15, 2012
    So far, so good for me. Every bad review on here is complaining about either the first nights poor launch (fixed), or no offline mode (it's 2012.. do you really not have a constant connection?)

The gameplay is great, the environment is great.
    Don't believe the hate : if you enjoy Blizzard games, buy it.
  68. May 23, 2012
    This is a casual noobs perspective - I never played previous Diablos. I've cleared Normal in about 25 hours and I had an awesome time. The graphics are great, the cut scenes are extremely good, the scenery is cool. The mob fights can get really heavy and frantic at times. I enjoy the robust auction house. Upgraded gear is available very cheaply so you can control the level ofThis is a casual noobs perspective - I never played previous Diablos. I've cleared Normal in about 25 hours and I had an awesome time. The graphics are great, the cut scenes are extremely good, the scenery is cool. The mob fights can get really heavy and frantic at times. I enjoy the robust auction house. Upgraded gear is available very cheaply so you can control the level of difficulty (get yellow rare gear to your level if you want to make it easier). This game has massive replay value - you're likely going to put in 50 hours just to clear the first two levels of difficulty with one character. I'm surprised that the game feels so different running through the storyline again on the next difficulty level. Mob aren't just a little more difficult overall, they also can come with new abilities that force you to react differently. The last part helps reduce the potential for monotony. I fing the game slightly more difficult when grouping but of course it's more fun to play with others. You can drop in and out of doing things with friends easily and painlessly - even if you're only doing co-op for 5 mins with a friend there's no harm done by leaving (difficulty adjusts automatically based on party size). Other than the first day, I have had no issues logging on. Giving the game a 0 rating for those problems is short-sighted. THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME. Period. Regarding on-line access for a single-player game, the downside is well documented (read the zero ratings). The upside for me is that I can play on multiple computers easily (which I do). Regardless, not a reason to avoid purchase because the value for $60 is tremendous. PVP has been delayed which I don't have a problem with - my hands are full working on progressing through the difficulty which will take me a while. When PVP arrives, it will feel like a free expansion pack. There aren't many games worth $60, but DB3 is epic fun! I dinged them to a 9 for the initial troubles with servers because I hold Blizzard to a higher standard than others. The game itself is 10/10. Expand
  69. May 17, 2012
    This is another prime example of how to make a game that´ll addict millions of players worldwide. Though the game is very fun and entertaining to play, it´s easy to find mistakes. D3 is an evolution of D2, exactly like a lot of people wanted it. They took D2 and polished the game, removing some things and improved others. Like the stat trees. A lot of peopleThis is another prime example of how to make a game that´ll addict millions of players worldwide. Though the game is very fun and entertaining to play, it´s easy to find mistakes. D3 is an evolution of D2, exactly like a lot of people wanted it. They took D2 and polished the game, removing some things and improved others. Like the stat trees. A lot of people complained that it was more fun to customize the game that way, but we all know, we´d have the same stats/ optimized stats for every class in the end. The skill tree is so much better. It has a lot more customization and gives more spells at the same time to work with. The interface is nice to look at, but those things were all something we just expected to be there anyway. Leveling... If it aint broke, dont fix it. I honestly think this was a step back. It feels like I´m doing quests in WoW. The game doesnt have the same feeling of freedom as D2 did. You´re bound to following a path and have no options to skip anything, unless you´ve already done it. Boosting also seems to have died with D3, which some might think is good, but I feel like it takes too much time to reach lvl 60. Once you´ve gone through it all, if your friends need you on a new class or you just wanna play something else, you´d want the option to make it fast to the content you wanna be at (inferno, right?). The gameplay. Well it´s almost flawless, except for the few times where a monster's target frame is too big and you cant move your hero. The combat is fluid and for some reason its just so much fun to watch your hero tear through creep after creep. They got it right and they can fix what they didnt. This is the part of the game people are looking for and will be what keeps us playing it for years. A thing I´d like to see implemented is the option to use "WASD". This is mainly for the arena pvp to come, cause it is the best way to move your hero around while having maximum control. They used it in Bloodline champions, so yes it is possible to work very well.

The crafting. Crafting feels boring. You just buy your skill levels. There is no market to sell crafting mats on ah for people to level their profession, which is a missed opportunity. The story is relatively long, compared to most other single player campaigns that are accompanied by a big multiplayer. But it still feels short. It feels rushed. When I played through it, I wasnt trying to guess what happened next, like I usually do. The story didnt really put much effort into getting to know the characters very well. The story and plot had a lot of potential, but missed out. The sound and graphics are great. I see a lot of people complaining, saying the graphics should be much better. But this is a game, that runs so smooth and without any kind of errors, while still looking good. Like SC2, Blizzard delivered a game with rock solid performance. Most of the errors are serverside and will most likely go away with time. Not like Skyrim, which looks good, but the first google result on it is how to fix crash errors. Overall they got the gameplay right and they´ll make a lot of money. The game isn't perfect and a lot of people seem unhappy, but in the end they´ll still be Bli$$ard.
  70. May 15, 2012
    People giving this game a negative review simply based on launch day quality of service are retarded. There has never been an online game that launched flawlessly. People giving this game a negative review because it isn't a copy cat of Diablo II character customization are also retarded. You should be ashamed to even call yourselves gamers. Innovation and change is what keeps the gamePeople giving this game a negative review simply based on launch day quality of service are retarded. There has never been an online game that launched flawlessly. People giving this game a negative review because it isn't a copy cat of Diablo II character customization are also retarded. You should be ashamed to even call yourselves gamers. Innovation and change is what keeps the game industry moving and keeps gamers interested. The game is an amazing sequel. The interface is a bit rough, but I have faith that Blizzard will polish it up eventually. The gameplay is exactly what I want and expected out of a Diablo sequel. When PvP gets implemented later this year it will simply be icing on an already amazing cake. Expand
  71. Xon
    Jan 25, 2013
    IGNORE THE HATERS

There is much to enjoy and admire in this game, if this is your cup of tea. personally, I've spent countless hours replaying the game with different characters. I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun,
    IGNORE THE HATERS

I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun, perhaps you will too.
  72. May 24, 2012
    This is an excellent game with exactly the production values you have come to expect from Blizzard. I have not encountered significant problems logging on, the lag spikes have been short and tolerable, and other than that I have no complaints. The game itself is exactly what I expected and I expected great things.
  73. Oct 21, 2012
    Way better than Diablo 2. Blizzard thankfully took all the annoying things in D2 and changed them. The story is fine, but the dialogs and the whole screenplay is terrible. The skill system is simply amazing, the items are way better and the stat screen although not perfect is at least informative compared to the random numbers in D2 char screen.
  74. May 19, 2012
    Especially good game. Some kind of a relief among Call of Duty, Battlefield and other shooters. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't play Diablo I&II, but that doesn't interrupt the gameplay.

P.S. I live in South Africa, so, I don't have any problems with Error 37. 10 out of 10.
  75. IMN
    May 16, 2012
    The King is back! And He is even more awesome than ever before! It is really clear to see where all those years have gone - every little thing in this game is brilliant! Game of the year so far.
  76. May 21, 2012
    Plenty of hack-n-slash antics and piles of shiny loot, just another day in Sanctuary. I don't really understand the always-online uproar, generaly speaking most computers are on a constant connection these days anyways. I think there is a knee-jerk reaction to all DRM these days, it reminds me of the people who whinned about Steam when it made the scene. And I don't mind the lack ofPlenty of hack-n-slash antics and piles of shiny loot, just another day in Sanctuary. I don't really understand the always-online uproar, generaly speaking most computers are on a constant connection these days anyways. I think there is a knee-jerk reaction to all DRM these days, it reminds me of the people who whinned about Steam when it made the scene. And I don't mind the lack of modding, as many people tend to use it just for farming items (or just straight up cherry picking them into thier inventory). Finally, to people complainning about graphics I don't think we're playing the same game. Expand
  77. May 16, 2012
    Brilliant game, exactly what i was expecting it to be, better than diablo 2, the people whining are because they haven't caught up with the times and need to let go of their rose tinted goggles
  78. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely stunning (after you manage to log in, that is, but the server issues will pass soon, and the game will stay). Beautiful sceneries, classes are pretty fun to play. I don't think there's anything that didn't improve over Diablo 2. Definitely worth the money.
  79. May 21, 2012
    Very entertaining game tainted by always online drm and linear leveling. Though I don't understand all the people complaining regarding graphics. It is a hack'n'slash game, not a fps, hence why we have the isometric view. The graphic style is impressive and Blizzard did not go overboard so a wide range of people can enjoy this game. The sound is also above average. The classes are variedVery entertaining game tainted by always online drm and linear leveling. Though I don't understand all the people complaining regarding graphics. It is a hack'n'slash game, not a fps, hence why we have the isometric view. The graphic style is impressive and Blizzard did not go overboard so a wide range of people can enjoy this game. The sound is also above average. The classes are varied and the plethora of spells and runes (spell modifiers) offer a wide range of customization. With that in mind, the enjoyment gets a bit tainted by always online drm and a very linear system of leveling. While on the first glance it seems you have limited choices regarding spells, the system is satisfying and lets you modify your characters abilities as well as spells. Blizzard has tried something new, and I applaud them for it. It seems that most people wanted Diablo 2 with better graphics, or were expecting a WoW 2. I for one enjoy the game tremendously - though I do feel for the people that can't play due to lag or hacking issues. Expand
  80. May 16, 2012
    Personally, I think all the negative reviewers are going too far. This is Diablo 3, not Diablo 2. Blizzard never promised Diablo 3 to be identical to its predecessor and they just wanted to make the game more open to players new to Diablo by simplifying the skill system. Sure, it's a downgrade but there are many casual gamers out there that aren't used to something like this. These changesPersonally, I think all the negative reviewers are going too far. This is Diablo 3, not Diablo 2. Blizzard never promised Diablo 3 to be identical to its predecessor and they just wanted to make the game more open to players new to Diablo by simplifying the skill system. Sure, it's a downgrade but there are many casual gamers out there that aren't used to something like this. These changes were already shown in the beta and the developers talked about them already. Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    Bad launch, but while playing, I was having a blast! Very Pretty graphics, true to Diablo sounds. Sucks no LAN play, but that's the way of the world these days. When torrenting dies, maybe videogame companies won't be so protective of their property to require always online connection.
  82. May 18, 2012
    Once people get past the launch issues the game itself is quite good and an improvement to diablo 2 but since that game was 12 years ago it should be. A lot of people really need to just relax and get over the fact they had to wait an extra day or two to play the game because sometimes sh*t happens. The only things I'd say the game really could use is an offline mode, more scaling forOnce people get past the launch issues the game itself is quite good and an improvement to diablo 2 but since that game was 12 years ago it should be. A lot of people really need to just relax and get over the fact they had to wait an extra day or two to play the game because sometimes sh*t happens. The only things I'd say the game really could use is an offline mode, more scaling for multiplayer games and an increased level cap to keep the game going longer. Expand
  83. May 15, 2012
    I've played the game for about 6 hours now and played co-op and single player both. The game has only provided constant enjoyment and it keeps getting better. People complaining about lack of skill points and customization need to give it a rest. There are PLENTY of customization options relating to skills. Thousands of total combinations. Half of the people complaining seem to have onlyI've played the game for about 6 hours now and played co-op and single player both. The game has only provided constant enjoyment and it keeps getting better. People complaining about lack of skill points and customization need to give it a rest. There are PLENTY of customization options relating to skills. Thousands of total combinations. Half of the people complaining seem to have only played the beta or not even played the game at all yet. Reviewing the game based off of server stability at launch is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in a review. Expand
  84. May 16, 2012
    The negative reviews of this game are interesting. There are complaints about the story and character customization as if there was a brilliant story and a wide array of character customization in the first two. The Diablo series has never been about story or character customization, it has been about spam clicking your mouse and watching hordes of enemies die as you get loot and level up.The negative reviews of this game are interesting. There are complaints about the story and character customization as if there was a brilliant story and a wide array of character customization in the first two. The Diablo series has never been about story or character customization, it has been about spam clicking your mouse and watching hordes of enemies die as you get loot and level up. In Diablo 2 a player would drop 20 skill points into the same skill in order to maximize its effectiveness. Now, that skill just levels on its own. Blizzard realized dropping 60 skill points into 3 skills for synergy was redundant, and changed it for the sequel. I even saw a complaint about town portal and identify scrolls being removed. You can still town portal and identify all you want, you just don't have to horde scrolls in your inventory now. I saw a complaint about stamina potions. Really? It is really upsetting to some Diablo 2 fans that you have unlimited stamina now? Blizzard essentially took Diablo 2 and streamlined it while preserving the style of game play that kept everyone addicted before. This is a very fun game if you enjoy hack n slash RPGs. If you enjoyed Diablo 2, it's likely you'll enjoy this game...unless you have absurd expectations that include either an identical game with no changes or a game that is nothing like Diablo 2. It seems like the majority of the negative reviews take that extreme. Why is this game not identical to Diablo 2? Why is this game not drastically different than Diablo 2? Blizzard definitely failed to prepare their servers on launch day, but other than that the game plays fine and is just as addicting as the first two. Expand
  85. May 20, 2012
    Aside from the constant online connection. The game is beautiful. It is like meeting an old friend after not seeing them for 11 years. The game structure is more accessible. The way the new skill and rune system keeps things fresh as multiple characters of the same class could function differently. This is a simpler yet more streamlined version of what you got in Diablo 2. Overall a veryAside from the constant online connection. The game is beautiful. It is like meeting an old friend after not seeing them for 11 years. The game structure is more accessible. The way the new skill and rune system keeps things fresh as multiple characters of the same class could function differently. This is a simpler yet more streamlined version of what you got in Diablo 2. Overall a very enjoyable experience, sadly the constant online connection requirement is a big downer. If you don't mind that Diablo has returned in all its glory. I am very happy that they stuck to their roots and remained faithful to what made Diablo a fantastic hack/slash game to start with. Expand
  86. May 16, 2012
    Had a lot of issues with the servers, But when I did get to play I had tons of fun! I played all the diablo titles and This one so far is my favorite.
  87. May 28, 2012
    Great game, i really enjoy playing diablo 3, for people giving a 4- to this game, you probably had issues on launch day or even a week after, but what do you expect if more than 4 million people try to log in at the same time? I was also very annoyed by the issues, hence it doesn't deserve a 9 or 10 just yet, but it's certainly a really really good game when it does work(Which it does now,Great game, i really enjoy playing diablo 3, for people giving a 4- to this game, you probably had issues on launch day or even a week after, but what do you expect if more than 4 million people try to log in at the same time? I was also very annoyed by the issues, hence it doesn't deserve a 9 or 10 just yet, but it's certainly a really really good game when it does work(Which it does now, i don't seem to have any more problems and im really enjoying the game) Expand
  88. May 15, 2012
    Some of the best servers in the world. Game runs like butter on bread!! yum yum. If you really like stable games with lots of good servers and butter then get this game omg!!!!
  89. May 15, 2012
    People shouldn't rate the game of how the server crashe, rate it as how it played. For me, I rate it a 10 because it is doesn't try to present something too new, not trying to depart what was in D2, but rather bring nostalgia to the Diablo fanbase.
  90. May 15, 2012
    Exelent game, but kids should learn how to wait for something, how to fix their crap PCs to avoid errors, and how to calm the **** down when Blizz having a maintenance.
  91. May 15, 2012
    Moving aside the typical blizzard launch crap in which you can never log on during the first day I was lucky to get in 2 hours after launch and so did 3 of my other friends. So off we went in a 4 man party and played the game for 12 hours straight with no issues. This hands down is the best gaming experience I've ever had. I mean the game play was perfect, the cut screen were spot on andMoving aside the typical blizzard launch crap in which you can never log on during the first day I was lucky to get in 2 hours after launch and so did 3 of my other friends. So off we went in a 4 man party and played the game for 12 hours straight with no issues. This hands down is the best gaming experience I've ever had. I mean the game play was perfect, the cut screen were spot on and after completing the game I was happy to crack on for more at a higher difficulty. Of course the blizzard servers craped out again today (15th), but once things settle down I'm sure everyone will enjoy this game. p.s As as open note to blizzard, sometimes we as gamers get the feeling that you really don't care about launch days as from my experience since wow 1 through to SC2 and DB3 you have never had enough servers or whatever you need to actually cope with the massive number that your games ALWAYS generate. I mean this can't be a surprise to you so for christ sake, fix it so we can actually play the game that we paid for and not sit watching title screens for hours. Best video game company in the world should have the best service in the world. Expand
  92. Jun 6, 2012
    blizzard is trying some very exciting new things with their character building system. It's unlike everything I've ever seen before, with only one flaw: they didn't pull it off 100%. Theoretically, this system would allow for infinite and flexible builds and unlimited diversity (a very cool concept) but because certain skills don't scale well or are outright useless for the absurdlyblizzard is trying some very exciting new things with their character building system. It's unlike everything I've ever seen before, with only one flaw: they didn't pull it off 100%. Theoretically, this system would allow for infinite and flexible builds and unlimited diversity (a very cool concept) but because certain skills don't scale well or are outright useless for the absurdly difficulty inferno difficulty endgame, player builds become homogenized. Sure there'll be a few minor variances, but I challenge you to find a wizard without venom hydras, or a demon hunter without hungering arrow, or a witch doctor without zombie bears. Supposedly this is being worked on as we speak, but in the meantime it's enough to taint the endgame a bit. Also the always online requirement is a big of a nuisance, though I forgave it after I finally caved and started playing the auction house.

In addition to having an unexpectedly amazing physics engine, murdering demons (something you'll be doing a lot of) is incredibly satisfying. Enemies die in different ways depending on the methods used to kill them. Poisoned enemies begin to rot and peel away on the ground, burned enemies are charred husks, victims of arcane magic continue to glow with magical residue, and enemies struck with enough physical force can sometimes have their bodies completely separated from their skeletons. And just to be completely clear, I am not exaggerating what I just said in the slightest bit. You can LITERALLY hit a zombie so hard, his skeleton detaches and flies away while his body liquifies into a bloody smear. Even the smear is dynamically generated.

So much has been poured into the fine details of this game to make it incredibly satisfying, so it honestly makes me a little sad to see so many people rating it with zeroes because of things like "it's more colorful than diablo 2"

All in all, this new ARPG is doing some crazy new things, things I fully expect to see copied by competitors in the future.
  93. May 20, 2012
    LVL60 Monk @ Act 4 Hell Difficulty

1. This isnt an FPS so the graphics arent supposed to be on par with BF3. Compare D3 to D2 and theyre worlds apart. The animations is what makes this game amazing in the "graphics" department as well as the environments. 2. This isnt an RPG, its a dungeon crawler. 3. I cant stress this enough, you havent BEATEN the game until youve beaten the game
    LVL60 Monk @ Act 4 Hell Difficulty

2. This isnt an RPG, its a dungeon crawler.

3. I cant stress this enough, you havent BEATEN the game until youve beaten the game on INFERNO difficulty. Normal and Nightmare are a breeze to beat and it only starts getting hard when you get to HELL difficulty. 4. Problems playing? Well its a newly released game, and now works perfectly fine after 2 days of updating from blizzard. I cant believe all these scrub gamers who know nothing about video games (yea i said it, you all probably just casual gamers) can complain about launch issues. I wonder how many people were trying to access the servers within the first few days all at the same time.

This game works like its supposed to be and im looking forward to what they do with a PvP system.

-fuzz
  94. May 15, 2012
    This game may not be another series to tie me over for 6+ years like WoW did but just like the original two titles of the Diablo series the third is a great game. Aside from the release day problems this game is going to give me hundreds of hours of gameplay. The reason the rating is so low is because of the hipster trend to down-rate games in mass, the server problems contributed to this.
  95. Aug 21, 2012
    I am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. GoldI am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. Gold was a mock in D2 time, you may have 50kk gold which worth literally **** nothing, and now even 100k of gold worth a lot in D3. Etc, etc, every point that D2 has, was fixed, re-thinked or made from scratch in better way.
    It was definitely worth to wait 12 years for D3 release, this is superior gem in every aspect offering both excellent single and coop modes experience.
  96. Dec 20, 2012
    Looking at the pages and pages of 0's, 90%< of them say "couldn't log in for 12 hours, rubbish". Now that is fixed, all these reviews should be removed so that this game can get a proper rating from people taking it seriously.

Great game, endless hours of fun, especially with the big patches, getting better all the time.
  97. May 18, 2012
    don't listen to the people giving it a low score the game is excellent just as good as diablo 2 yes there is less customization yes they simplified it but it is still an amazing game that deserves full attention the story is better in my opinion because there is simply more mystery to it its a lot more fun even though you might not be able to create the character you wanted it is still andon't listen to the people giving it a low score the game is excellent just as good as diablo 2 yes there is less customization yes they simplified it but it is still an amazing game that deserves full attention the story is better in my opinion because there is simply more mystery to it its a lot more fun even though you might not be able to create the character you wanted it is still an awesome game 9/10 Expand
  98. May 26, 2012
    First off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out IFirst off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out I decided to try out the trial version by purchasing a guest pass on Ebay. After trying it out I decided to buy it immediately. They have outdone themselves with attention to detail, an endless array of monsters, animations, artwork, and an overall superior product to anything that has come out in many years. Not sure what all the complaints are about.. the game retains the intense atmosphere, writing and superb voice acting of its predecessors and creates a visually stunning experience which is also superb in the performance department. My computer is somewhat last generation and it runs on max settings at a steady 60 fps and only slows down when you are surrounded by an obscene amount of enemies on screen.. all with an amazing array of effects. Its truly a masterpiece. Expand
  99. May 17, 2012
    When you say that Diablo 2's graphics looks the same as Diablo 3's?... Either you need to get your eyes check or you need to quit crying that you could not login to the servers on launch. All these negative reviews are completely ridiculous. I read some and it gets boring reading about how you impatient f***ks can't wait to play the game. I waited 2 days to get this game, because i didn'tWhen you say that Diablo 2's graphics looks the same as Diablo 3's?... Either you need to get your eyes check or you need to quit crying that you could not login to the servers on launch. All these negative reviews are completely ridiculous. I read some and it gets boring reading about how you impatient f***ks can't wait to play the game. I waited 2 days to get this game, because i didn't reserve a collectors edition. If anybody should be raging its me not having the damn game at launch and not being able to play with all my friends. So quit your damn crying. Anyway aside from the trolling idiots, the game lives up to the hype. The graphics are really nice, animations are awesome, and it is a huge upgrade from Diablo 2. Everything looks nice and finely crisp. Game play is really fun and it gets even more fun when the difficulty is turned up a notch especially when you are playing with friends. Everything is balanced and really the only disappointed is not being able to pvp yet but thats fine. Plus if this is supposedly "WoW inspired clone" I'd much rather play this than pay $15 a month to fight with pandas...just saying. Anyway like said this game does live up to the hype and is really fun to play. Overall I'm happy that i got my copy of the collectors edition, and the negative reviews are just plain unnecessary and childish. Expand
  100. May 16, 2012
    Before I state anything I would like to say that the DRM is pretty bad, so beware that there may be some issues initially. Also, you need constant online connection to play this. The game is a very stream lined version of Diablo 2, and while that may sound bad in reality it is not. For the most part I hacking and slashing my way to loot heaven, and I am not worried about some silly skillBefore I state anything I would like to say that the DRM is pretty bad, so beware that there may be some issues initially. Also, you need constant online connection to play this. The game is a very stream lined version of Diablo 2, and while that may sound bad in reality it is not. For the most part I hacking and slashing my way to loot heaven, and I am not worried about some silly skill tree that is to complicated. Also, being so accessible you are more likely to find some one to play co-op with you.

The visuals are great and I am not sure what so many are complaining about. Hell I wish world of warcraft looked likes this instead of 3D. I really like it, and it sets the mood so very well. I think this art style has staying power, and this game years from now will be attractive to look at. It is very water color styled. This game has nearly a never ending amount of replay value to it. I highly recommend this game, but wait a week or two after the launch.

1. Aug 31, 2012