Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 16, 2012
    Loved the storyline, loved the characters, loved the ambients, loved the music, loved the cinematics, D2 was a totally awesome game, D3 is going to be a relly good game indeed. The only problem in the first 2 days of playing was the login problem... but it's actually solved.
  2. May 16, 2012
    Best game eva. I mean its so good it atleast deserves a 3.7 User score on Metacritic. So yea its real good. Too bad that error keep showing up... uhm what was it? 37 yeah, error 37
  3. May 16, 2012
    Everyone needs to take a breath instead of raging about game systems that have been announced and known for years now. Play through the game and you will see how great it is. Great balance, excellent build variety, amazing gameplay. This will be an all-time classic.
  4. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Some minor server issues that would be expected with any launch of an online game. People are **** about this now because they have no idea what a terrible launch can look like.
  5. May 16, 2012
    All of these negative reviews are simply based on either the fact that the servers frequently had to go down on launch day, or that the game isn't just Diablo 2 with new graphics and quests.

That said, I enjoy the game an incredible amount. As someone who has beaten both Diablo and Diablo 2, I can say that this game improves upon many of the things that would, for lack of a better word, screw you over in Diablo 2, such as the skills and attributes systems. Now the game chooses your attributes for you and you can use any skill that you have unlocked anytime, it's much more intuitive and convenient; you can't destroy a character by choosing a bad skill. The story is excellent, there is a much stronger focus on it than there was in Diablo 2. The new events system also adds some incentive to explore all areas fully and completely. All in all, I would say that this is an excellent game and a brilliant addition to the Diablo franchise.
  6. May 16, 2012
    This game is great, people need to stop giving bad reviews because of the servers being down or slow. A lot of big games have this problem at launch. Played 4+ house so far and no bugs. Haven't played the 1st or 2nd but still love the game and story line. It runs great on my computer avg 100+ FPS on Max settings at 1920x1080. Buy this game you wont be disappointed.
  7. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great dungeon crawler to be remembered. The abilities are scripted throughout the levels to keep the game challenging so you wont auto-unlock the best abilities. Every character has 24 abilities, with 4 for each slot, and each ability has 5 different effects/types through a rune system that is also scripted in leveling up. Many have an issue with this and believe the game hasDiablo 3 is a great dungeon crawler to be remembered. The abilities are scripted throughout the levels to keep the game challenging so you wont auto-unlock the best abilities. Every character has 24 abilities, with 4 for each slot, and each ability has 5 different effects/types through a rune system that is also scripted in leveling up. Many have an issue with this and believe the game has no customization. There are still passives to choose from and PLENTY of items to find or even make. The real thing people are overlooking is the gameplay. They complain about less customization, and even more aggravating to give a game a bad review for, the day one servers (which will never be good on day one). The singleplayer/online is only a minor flaw, which to blizzard is protecting the game from torrents. What is the true gem here, is the gameplay! Truly PHENOMENAL gameplay that most are too arrogant to realize. TL;DR great abilities, gameplay, and plenty of customization Expand
  8. May 16, 2012
    TO BE FAIR: I have only played this game for about 10 hours so far. However, I have been consistently frustrated by the over-simplified mechanics of the game-play experience. The skill system is a very flawed construct when compared to other titles, including this game's direct predecessor. I receive many arguments from fans stating that Blizzard aimed for simplification to allow aTO BE FAIR: I have only played this game for about 10 hours so far. However, I have been consistently frustrated by the over-simplified mechanics of the game-play experience. The skill system is a very flawed construct when compared to other titles, including this game's direct predecessor. I receive many arguments from fans stating that Blizzard aimed for simplification to allow a wider diversity of players to enjoy the game. I don't accept this. If you look at recently-release titles such as Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and even Modern Warfare 3, all skill-learning and upgrade systems allow much more freedom of customization of the players character/s and (despite some issues with Skyrim's UI ease-of-use) the games are extremely enjoyable by an extremely wide range of players.

Another frustration to consider is the side-effects this being network-dependent... Such a side-effect I seem to suffer from repeatedly is server lag in a single player game... Think about that. I've had moments during solo-play where my character jumps around the map, counter-strike-style, when my connection to the server suffered. On a positive note, the improvements in the audio/visual realm are very much appreciated, but it's nothing impressive when compared to the majority of titles on the market.

Overall, despite being a relatively short distance into the game, I feel that Blizzard has made some shocking mistakes with the design of the game-play mechanics, and their choice with making this an exclusively network-dependent game. I sincerely hope that Blizzard listens to it's customers complaints and releases some significant improvements to the game.
  9. May 16, 2012
    Wonderful game ! Long time expected and finally here ! Great fun ! Just some traffic jam at the authentication server but the game worths the wait !

The universe is still great, the lore has been renewed... Enjoy !
  10. May 16, 2012
    Note: Keep in mind that this is coming from a person who has only gotten around halfway through act 2. I'll also say this right now, I think a lot of the negativity surrounding this game has less to do about the actual game than people would like you to believe. A lot of people, myself included, have been upset about the immense amount of downtime on the Diablo 3 servers. This has leftNote: Keep in mind that this is coming from a person who has only gotten around halfway through act 2. I'll also say this right now, I think a lot of the negativity surrounding this game has less to do about the actual game than people would like you to believe. A lot of people, myself included, have been upset about the immense amount of downtime on the Diablo 3 servers. This has left a lot of people very frustrated, and I believe a lot of that frustration at the servers turn into very negative, and in my own opinion inaccurate, reviews for the game itself.

Character customization - very good, once you get to higher levels. While you lack the skill and attribute points used to customize your characters like in the previous games, you instead get runes to customize your skills, and powerful passive skills as well. Gemming is also still around, but only available after you've beaten act 1. While you won't spend nearly as much time customizing your character, the runes you select for your skills, along with the 6 skills you decide to use, have a large impact on your gaming experience, and allow your character to play the way you'd like to. Want to stunlock enemies into nonexistence? Go for all the stunning runes for your abilities. Want to become amazingly tanky? Barbarians can spec in a way to receive a lot of self heals, and damage reduction.

Difficulty - Playing through normal mode so far (on act 2) and its been pretty easy so far. However, it does get a lot harder on coop mode. Not to mention, I've heard of people on inferno difficulty already (yes, not even 2 days after the game came out). However, at that difficulty level a LOT of people are having problems, even after level capping (the level cap is currently set at 60). Overall, it seems like they undertuned the game a bit, as act 1 was very very easy to beat, even with the server lag that we all experienced on day 1.

Story line - The story line was probably the most disappointing aspect of the game thus far. The plot is fairly linear, and if you've played through Diablo 1 and 2 then the identity of the stranger in act 1 won't surprise you much. This is definitely an area that could have used more work. After act 1, the story does pick up a bit, but even at that point its not exceptional.

Game play - If you enjoy fast paced, chaotic action, this game definitely delivers. Combat is mostly very fluid, but there are a few clunky mechanics. Since I play the barbarian class, and haven't tested out the other classes, I'll only talk about him. Your Leap ability doesn't always work the way one would like, sometimes it hits some of the terrain and won't keep going, instead you'll drop a few feet from where you originally planned to land. You also can't leap up edges, which while making sense gameplay wise (as you'd be able to skip through content much faster) it doesn't look right with the animation. You CAN however sometimes use your grappling throw ability on enemies on a ledge higher than you. Whether this is intentional or not I have yet to determine, as the skill doesn't always want to go over the ledge. As I talked about earlier, the difficulty level of the game does need some work, so I'd definitely recommend that you find some friends to play with, as the game gets a little bit harder with more people. While I do say a lot of negative things about the gameplay, these are all mostly minor issues.

PVP - While there is no world PVP, there will be an arena style PVP system. While some people are complaining about this, I feel this is an awesome change. Since the beginning of the Diablo series, people who wanted to PVP were left with very few options. You could either duel, or participate in world PVP. World PVP was always a risk, as in the old games you dropped your items when you died. This new PVP system allows for those who hate PVP to not have to take a part in it, and for the hardcore PVPer's out there (I am one of them) it will promote a more competitive atmosphere. While arena's haven't been released yet, Blizzard has let us know quite a bit about them. While I won't go into detail how they work as you can just look that up yourself, I will say that there will be a matchmaking system in place to match up teams of approximately the same skill level to fight against each other.

Since I'm running out of room, I'll just end my review with a quick talk about the server issues people have been complaining about. I am 100% in agreement with people about how Blizzard mishandled their launch. However, since day 1 of the game should determine how I permanently rate the game, I didn't include this in my scoring of the game. Yes, it really sucked, but anyone who reads this review after day 1 will never run across the server issues we did, and if I talked exclusively about it it would render my review completely unhelpful.
  11. May 16, 2012
    I am still in the process of playing the game, and I would say I am about half way through. Generally I think that Blizzard did an excellent job. The game reclaims the original "feeling" of it's older counterparts such as Diablo II, but at the same time, puts a fresh new spin on the franchise and supports more modern day visuals. The story is very interesting, as are the variousI am still in the process of playing the game, and I would say I am about half way through. Generally I think that Blizzard did an excellent job. The game reclaims the original "feeling" of it's older counterparts such as Diablo II, but at the same time, puts a fresh new spin on the franchise and supports more modern day visuals. The story is very interesting, as are the various environments you get to explore. The graphics look great. Sure, they aren't the best, but not everyone has a top-of-the-line graphics card, and many people don't even have one that will support the game despite it's already low requirements. I think in modern days people are spoiled. They think that just because a game comes out after another, that means it has to look better.

Not to mention that many of these people are giving a rating of "O" just because of server issues within the first few days of launch, and that is nothing but immature. Do you rate a movie as bad if you can't get in the theatre to see it because the tickets are sold out? Why don't you base your rating on actual gameplay, instead of having a temper tantrum like a 5 year old?

And as for the online only requirement, how many of you actually played Diablo 2 and bothered playing offline? Not many, I bet. All these childish reviews are going to look dumb in the coming months, and you have no idea how immature it looks.
  12. May 16, 2012
    Great game. Should allow offline play, like StarCraft 2 though. But other than that, its nice! One more thing.. char customization is also something that should be available!
  13. May 16, 2012
    First of all, sorry for the baaaad english. So, maybe I'll be crucified for I'll say or that hasn't played the Old fashioned D1 and D2, but I've played. I guess that most of the people is just being too rush by the fact that the game is different and didn't matched with the expectations. I've to say that I feel almost the same... it really is different. D1 and D2 makes your shiver (orFirst of all, sorry for the baaaad english. So, maybe I'll be crucified for I'll say or that hasn't played the Old fashioned D1 and D2, but I've played. I guess that most of the people is just being too rush by the fact that the game is different and didn't matched with the expectations. I've to say that I feel almost the same... it really is different. D1 and D2 makes your shiver (or goose bumps, I don't know which is correct) with the sound, graphics, creatures, blood, scenario, story and all the rest. Even today at my 22 years I still can't play it without feeling weird. D3 can't be compared to that looking at this direction, that's true, but I think you can't just say that a game is bad just because of that. It have it's flaws like some has said, the loss of singularity at you character, in the end everyone will looks like the same (I hope not, I'm at the beginning yet), the easy gameplay but man, it's normal difficulty, has someone played it in Nightmare or Inferno mode yet? I remember I've played so focused on my sorceress in D2 that I've killed Diablo so easily that I though that was something wrong, when I've tried again later in hard difficult, he beat the "thing" out my "you-know-what" many times. Well, I don't know, if you ask me NOW what I think about D3, I would say "Well, isn't what I was waiting, but, well It's good, let's see if it can become better later." Expand
  14. May 16, 2012
    Great Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hoursGreat Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hours and only put it down due to server issues which will soon be resolved. I have been waiting a long time for this game and was not disapointed. I also found that the character customization is much simpler with the option to skill your character based on the mission at hand( changeable). Not sure why so many are ragging on this game i found it to be amazing in every aspect but the server issues which are to be expected with such a large online release. I also like that the achievements are account based rather than character based. With a random map generator it makes it possible to get them all without having to play the same character over and over. Expand
  15. May 16, 2012
    My life needs the option of off world play.

(1) - Difficulty - Beat Nightmare at least, then you may comment on the games difficulty. (2 ) - Graphics - Lower requirements equal more sales. Welcome to grown up world. When the light bulb goes on and you say you want the option of better graphics, study graphics programming. (3) - Attribute point removal - You still have the option to be
    My life needs the option of off world play.

(3) - Attribute point removal - You still have the option to be completely worthless in co-op play by putting that crossbow on your Barbarian.

(4) - No offline mode - The addition of the auction house, figure that one out.

(5) - World PVP taken out - Yes it was so fun PVPing in D2 with new hacks coming out almost every week ( hint for no offline mode )

(6) - Repetitive - Because hack and slash has come so far over the years...

(7) - Blizzard connection issues - Your first game by them in a very long time I see.

(8) - Skills - The difference between putting 11 points in skill or using a rune to improve it is... wait there really isn't one.

(9) - Customization - Maybe there will be a patch including an item you can buy to color your armor.
  16. May 16, 2012
    I'm ashamed at some of the people here!! Seriously?? With historical release issues Such as WoW -Cata haven't we come to expect issues when release time comes?? Anyways, aside from minor lag issues in my area (East coast US) Diablo3 plays smoothly, graphics are great and storyline amazing.
  17. May 16, 2012
    Great game. There were a few server errors on opening day, but those seem to be worked out now. Will definitely be playing this game for a while. Love the new classes and dungeons that change each time.
  18. May 16, 2012
    Overall the game is great!. Despite the initial log in issues I was able to log in 1 hour and 35 minutes after release time. The graphics are a amazing and rich and the environment lighting keeps me glued to the screen. The new character skill variations are really something that I could play with for hours to find a combination for every style of play. However, I was a little disappointedOverall the game is great!. Despite the initial log in issues I was able to log in 1 hour and 35 minutes after release time. The graphics are a amazing and rich and the environment lighting keeps me glued to the screen. The new character skill variations are really something that I could play with for hours to find a combination for every style of play. However, I was a little disappointed in the fact that the first two acts where more or less enviormentally similar to the Diablo II and that the attribute points where auto assigned. After I got over the fact of Act similarity and the fact that the points are basically assigned the way i would anyway I started to trully enjoy the game. After spending 12 hours playing on openning day as a casual gamer I would have to say that this game was def worth the wait and that I would really recommend it to people. Most people that gave it a low ranking due to it constant online requirment have to understand that it is done for the purpose of preventing the much hatted hackers that would try and ruin the game with map and loot hacks that have ruined my gaming experience in the past. Now back to the game and hope to see you all there Expand
  19. May 16, 2012
    This is a fantastic game with a minor bug at launch that stopped some people from getting online May15th on the American servers.
    No reason for everyone to spam down the rating on what will be rpg game of the year.
    The depth of skills and runes make a wonder symbiosis. the graphics are beautiful. and run easily on almost any PC. Best part is that the developers aren't close to being done.
    The depth of skills and runes make a wonder symbiosis.
    the graphics are beautiful. and run easily on almost any PC.
    Best part is that the developers aren't close to being done. this game will only get better. For me that will change my 9/10 to a 10/10, there is no monthly subscription to this online game. No in game ads to help off set this either.
  20. May 16, 2012
    Even though the problems that surfaced during the first hours of the game were huge for a lot of people, I think a fair review should not give them a lot of relevance. From a game life-span perspective, launch day it's a very important day, but it's a tiny percentage of the game experience for it's players.

Having said that, and focusing on the game itself, I'm very well impressed, the

Having said that, and focusing on the game itself, I'm very well impressed, the game is exceptionally polished, game play is super fun, the pace and difficulty is extremely well tuned (being a "regular" player you get to almost dead a lot of times, but always feel you can overcome it if played correctly).
  21. May 16, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. Sure the player build is structured and you cant distribute talent points anymore, but that is a small issue. The game play of the game is still very engaging and alot of fun to do with friends. Being able to have multiple abilities is an amazing step forward from D2. The idea that you can only do 2 things at once is a dated system. When was the last time youI really enjoyed this game. Sure the player build is structured and you cant distribute talent points anymore, but that is a small issue. The game play of the game is still very engaging and alot of fun to do with friends. Being able to have multiple abilities is an amazing step forward from D2. The idea that you can only do 2 things at once is a dated system. When was the last time you played a game where you only had 2 abilities. And i don't have any issue with having to be online the entire time. The game is more fun with friends anyway. All this being said, the game inst revolutionary, its not spectacular, but it is a solid title that will give hours of game play. I understand the people who get angry that the game is easy when they only play through it once on normal difficulty. Blizzard worked for a long time on this game and the quality of it is about what i expected. I look forward to plaything through this game with all of the characters on all of the difficulties and even some hardcore characters. Expand
  22. May 16, 2012
    Epic Game. Newbie people doing wrong review because couldnt play at 1st minute.
    I know i had some isses to play at launch game but we all knew in adv that.
    I have to congratulate Blizz Staff to dev this amazing game.
    Only negative point, why dont launch at weekend instead tuesday ?
  23. May 16, 2012
    The biggest challenge Diablo 3 has is pleasing its demanding, expecting (and biased) fan base. These user reviews are clearly disproportionately evaluating aspects of the game that they have a problem with. Diablo 3 should be evaluated on its own successes and failures, and not just how it evolves the genre. It borrows some character development mechanics from World of Warcraft inThe biggest challenge Diablo 3 has is pleasing its demanding, expecting (and biased) fan base. These user reviews are clearly disproportionately evaluating aspects of the game that they have a problem with. Diablo 3 should be evaluated on its own successes and failures, and not just how it evolves the genre. It borrows some character development mechanics from World of Warcraft in terms of character development and skill builds, which help to streamline the â Expand
  24. May 16, 2012
    Played the game yesterday with 3 friends and it's exactly what I expected from it, pure hack and slash with a straight forward story, solid mechanics and no fuss.

Graphics: The graphics are perfect given the game's settings, number of concurrent mobs that sometimes show up on your screen (your screen might get FILLED with mobs at some given events and I didn't lag with your average spec PC what so ever), the quality of all the animations is flawless for a top-down isometric view, you can tell attention to detail was given to the animation portion. My only complain could be on the character creation portion, they are indeed fugly on that screen.

Gameplay : I'm loving the new changes they brought forward, customization while not as present as in the previous one, I feel that they've put just enough to bring a certain complexity towards the various challenges the game offers. I don't feel like "unicity" is something they cared about when it came to customization and I'm fine with that, it's not a MMO and there's no need to add complexity for no reasons. Multiplayer: CO-OP. IS. A. MUST. I wouldn't even play it single player. Co-op is what makes this game fun.

Sound : No sound expert here but I think the voices match the character's style and "personality" and the music is fitting to the setting.
  25. May 16, 2012
    ...love it, better than D2 or D1 so far...love the graphics, just wish the servers would smooth out a little...I always hated the skill tree system due to the constraint of 1-2 real skills endgame...with this there are just so many ways to attack and combo...i am still in act 1 but the combination of rayoffrost/explosive bolts/wave of force is devastating...can't wait to see the later...love it, better than D2 or D1 so far...love the graphics, just wish the servers would smooth out a little...I always hated the skill tree system due to the constraint of 1-2 real skills endgame...with this there are just so many ways to attack and combo...i am still in act 1 but the combination of rayoffrost/explosive bolts/wave of force is devastating...can't wait to see the later skills/runes... Expand
  26. May 16, 2012
    As everybody i got connection problem! but, the game is perfect =), i finished the normal mode, and for me it's very ok! history, skills, everything! is very addictive game! i'm looking forward to play the PVP mode as well
  27. May 20, 2012
    It was fun until all my characters were deleted because blizzard can't manage this game. Only get this game if you like having fun for a couple hours and then raging because the data bases are gay.
  28. May 16, 2012
    Fantastic game.
    I don't normally post on any site but someone needs to balance the scores from the idiots giving 0. I have played Diablo 1/2, and I can say this game has the same addictive qualities.... Just five more minutes and before you know it hours have disappeared.
    Fantastic game.
    I played the beta open weekend and found all the classes fun to play and each played differently. I am enjoying the story. I can see why people might knock the graphics but they are still good.
    Logging on - I missed the first 24 hours because I had to work but played 6 hours today with not a single issue.
    DRM - really what is the issue here. In my books Blizzard is one of the few companies that support the PC so if they want to add DRM to protect their millions of dollars of investment so they can keep making PC games then it is okay by me. If you can't get an Internet connection where you live then get a pirate version because then in blizzards eyes you are not a potential customer, as you have no Internet they haven't lost any revenue from you by you getting a pirate version.
    For those of you giving scores of 0 the game hasn't met your expectation, move on and make way for the millions of people that will love this game.
  29. May 16, 2012
    This game is wonderfully rendered and creates a real atmosphere of peril and impending need. The graphics are appropriate for the theme which is a dark dungeon crawl, the voice acting is stellar and the gameplay is exactly what I expected from the Diablo franchise. I find this game immensely satisfying and moreover I'm confident that with the already announced updates of PVP and contentThis game is wonderfully rendered and creates a real atmosphere of peril and impending need. The graphics are appropriate for the theme which is a dark dungeon crawl, the voice acting is stellar and the gameplay is exactly what I expected from the Diablo franchise. I find this game immensely satisfying and moreover I'm confident that with the already announced updates of PVP and content this game will not only continue to be my favorite but will grow to be one of the best games in its genre. For all the online-only play haters out there, I agree it isn't optimal, but I believe the added bonus of the Auction house and deterence of cheaters which have run rampant in online games in the past, will be well worth the occassional first day glitches that are bound to be there. Expand
  30. May 16, 2012
    Its over, i have to say, this is a very good game and I cant wait to get to level 60.

Ive been waiting for this game for so much time, back when I was 8 or 9 me and a friend were playing D2 and we wanted to know the rest of the story, and I think the plot of this title was fairly descent, except of the linear story. The gameplay was great, typical hack and slash at the diablo taste. The

The gameplay was great, typical hack and slash at the diablo taste. The new "Spell System" with the runes and everything is working quite good imo, so in PvP you wont see players with the same build as you and you have a lot of versatility in what you wanna go. Yes, the character creation screen sucked but you could at least change your gender.

Graphics, kinda a bit old graphics but hey, if you compare this to D2 you're supposed to be really happy lol.

Sound, nothing to say on this, zombie screams, epic classical music, everything was perfect on this side.

Overall everything was amazing except the launch day with all the lag and disconnects. I think most people are hating this game cause they wanted a 100% ripoff from D2 with all the same classes and all the same system, but I still preffer the new system, enjoy and stop ragin' butthurt kidz.
  31. May 16, 2012
    Esses que estão falando mal do jogo, estão avaliando os momentos iniciais do jogo. Não sabem que todos esses bugs poderão ser corrigidos no final. Deveriam avaliar o jogo pelo que realmente poderá se tornar com o fim dos bugs.
  32. May 16, 2012
    Generally a perfect Sequel to Diablo II and LoD, although maybe a bit to easy on normal.
    Quite balanced and the random level and events generator seems to do an amazing job. I have finished the game in normal with 2 different characters, and had a quite different experience both times, because of locations that change and new bosses, and events.
    Been a fan since Diablo I and will clearly
    Been a fan since Diablo I and will clearly look forward to Diablo IV.
    It is a crying shame that whiny kids try to boycott the games score because of server issues, I think a game should be judged based on the game, not the server capacity. Should Blizzard have anticipated this ? YES.
    Are we grown ups, who know mistakes can happen ? YES
  33. May 16, 2012
    Ignore the whiners.. Diablo 3 is one of the best computer games ever made. I played EQ for 7 years, WoW for 6 years, and I will be playing this one for years to come(with expansions eventually). Beautiful graphics, great control. It is Diablo. People are just whining about everything and most of them were(or still are) in elementary school when Diablo 2 came out and weren't even born forIgnore the whiners.. Diablo 3 is one of the best computer games ever made. I played EQ for 7 years, WoW for 6 years, and I will be playing this one for years to come(with expansions eventually). Beautiful graphics, great control. It is Diablo. People are just whining about everything and most of them were(or still are) in elementary school when Diablo 2 came out and weren't even born for the first one. I loved Diablo 1 in college.. I liked Diablo 2(I had my reservations about it) but with Diablo 3 they have fixed everything I wanted and did so much more! Expand
  34. May 16, 2012
    I like the story and the gameplay. People who gives it a 0/10 are whiners. Here are some news for you: 1.Yes, you need an internet connection to play, but it's year 2012. It's not that hard or expensive to have one.
    2. The real money auction house? YOU DON*T HAVE TO USE IT, I'm sure most people won't. They are not forcing you to use it.
    3. About the error codes, I got them aswell. But
    3. About the error codes, I got them aswell. But the servers are overloaded, it will be better. And if you give the game a 0 because of this you're pathetic.
    4. The graphics are bad? No, Diablo is supposed to have an artstyle like this. What do you want? FPS style with the flashiest game engine?
    5. The story and the gameplay is not bad. But I understand why 99% of you don't get the story when you rush through the game. Maybe you should play at a slower pace and pay more attention on detalis and lore? And the voiceacting is not bad.

Is nothing good enough for you spoiled brats? First Mass Effect 3 and now this. Get a life whiners. For me it's not a 10/10, but since the whinepatrol gives it 0/10, I will give it 10/10.
  35. May 16, 2012
    If you're an ACTUAL gamer that plays games for GAMEplay, then please read.
    If you're an ACTUAL gamer that plays games for GAMEplay, then please read.
    It's sad to see how many people give this game a 0 for really stupid reasons... The connection problems are not the game, that's the server, you try designing a server that can handle THAT much traffic on release day, it's impossible. Give it a week TOPS and things will be running smoothly. Complaining about DRM is just stupid, you bought the game, you paid your service, enjoy it and shut up. Now with all this BS aside, let's get to the actual game.
    So far from what I've seen this game is pretty damn good, not perfect, no diablo 2, put damn near perfect:
    1) Graphics, I honestly don't give a damn about graphics... people seemed to have forgotten that games are about GAMEplay remember that part in a game? The GAME? Oh yeah, that. You want to see good graphics? Watch a movie. Besides that, the graphics were fine, pretty, cool art style, clean UI, everything looks nice.
    2) Gameplay - oh yeah! That important thing. So far, it's great, the only flaws I can see with it, is the fact that new characters are always going to be the same, you unlock skills in a very linear pattern allowing for no creativity early on, until about lvl 7-10 when you start making choices. Also the lack of attributes kinda made me frown :( Other than that, the gameplay and loot system is the same of what we know and love from D2.
    3) Other nonsense - Online play is kinda weird. I don't like that you can't play offline single player, a bit of a letdown if I do say. The Auction House thing seems cool - it's not for everyone, but I don't think people should rate it down for that. It's like if someone gave you a great game and said "here, OH and there's this extra feature if you want to use it too, but you don't have to." It's not like you NEED the auction house to get gear.
    That about wraps things up. This game certainly doesn't deserve the 3.6 it has. It's not THAT bad, just people being trolls. In reality, I would give this game a 9/10 BUT because of the amount of trolls that need to be countered, I'm giving it a ten. Maybe someday the 10's will displace the 0's...
  36. May 16, 2012
    I don't know how people could not enjoy this game if they liked Diablo II. This game takes everything great about that game and makes for a very fun experience. Even though it might have had some issues on release with servers, that doesn't make the game worse. It is a very fast-paced game that really draws you in, in a way that I think is better than its prequel. Skills are mapped to keysI don't know how people could not enjoy this game if they liked Diablo II. This game takes everything great about that game and makes for a very fun experience. Even though it might have had some issues on release with servers, that doesn't make the game worse. It is a very fast-paced game that really draws you in, in a way that I think is better than its prequel. Skills are mapped to keys to make them very easy to use, and the new potion/town portal system makes for combat that is very fast-paced, dynamic, and non-stop. Whereas in Diablo II sometimes there was too much prolonged battles where you had to go use town portals and go back to town to restock several times, this combat system is more smooth and great. Also, inventory management is easier and more streamlined, which is great. Overall, a great game that has improved on its predecessors in just about every way. And with the skill choices, the higher level you are, the more great choices you can make in regards to what kind of skill combinations you want to use. This makes for a great way to build the kind of character you want, and nothing to complain about. People that talk it down this game wanted just a carbon copy of diablo II, and while that was a great game, I'm glad that Blizzard changed it up with the release of this game. Some people can't take change, but this game is very polished and fun, definitely a change for the better. Expand
  37. May 16, 2012
    The most exciting game I have played in a while, a worthy successor to D2. The first group of champion mobs I faced had me on the edge of my seat! Absolutely do not understand all the negativity surrounding the game. My experience has been of a well-executed, very fun, very addictive game that has got me hooked for at least a few more run-throughs.
  38. May 16, 2012
    Great Game... Just close enough to D2 to spark up some older memories but still leave you make new ones. Sound/Graphics is great and play is smooth. Have not even touched multiplayer or Auction house yet as I can t get myself away from my quests to even look. Don
  39. May 16, 2012
    With the initial server difficulties aside, Diablo 3 is a pretty good game. It is a faithful return to form from the previous titles, and while at times a bit too faithful (feels the same), still feels like the Diablo I grew so fond of in the past. The art style has blizzards typical impressive hand painted style, with just the right balance of color and contrast throughout the game toWith the initial server difficulties aside, Diablo 3 is a pretty good game. It is a faithful return to form from the previous titles, and while at times a bit too faithful (feels the same), still feels like the Diablo I grew so fond of in the past. The art style has blizzards typical impressive hand painted style, with just the right balance of color and contrast throughout the game to maintain the darker gothic style when appropriate, and the more colorful more action oriented sequences that pepper the game. The game-play is exactly what you would expect if you're coming from Diablo 2. The point and click combat is as grind-tastic, and shamelessly addictive as ever. Your motivation for grinding on is collecting the most powerful weaponry and armor in the game. While seeing the end of the game is likely your initial interest, once you enter repeat play-throughs your soul motivation will revolve around developing your character. This motivation was considerably stronger in previous titles due to the simple fact that you can no longer spend multiple points in increasing the effectiveness of your powers. The skill system is the most altered aspect of the game. Your skill tree is now more of a single branch that you climb along until you reach level sixty and have all the abilities to choose from. Once you unlock a skill, the majority of your skills will be dependent on what you have equipped, making your skills develop with your equipment. Meaning it's quite possible for a level 60 mage with base equipment to lose to a level 30 with magic equipment (although that match-up will likely never happen). You unlock runes to change the effect of your equipped spell or abilities, such as adding ice damage to a weapon, or adding another minion to a summon spell. There isn't much to mention that wouldn't ring very familiar to Diablo fans. It's a faithful recreation of the Diablo franchise, and while not evolving as far as one would hope it would, it sucks you in and motivates you to play on. With later difficulty settings allowing you to gain more powerful equipment and crafting abilities there is enough reason to grind on for most more dedicated players, but to a casual player, the game may leave you wanting a more varied experience. Expand
  40. May 16, 2012
    This game is really beautiful. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. Despite some problems connecting to the launch of a huge game that should this compacted over time.
  41. May 17, 2012
    Amazing game, great sequel of Diablo and Diablo 2, honor the series in so many ways, and the story is fantastic.
    For all you folks that are planning to buy, don't take serious the idiots that are voting negative only because they can't play the game or because they are just idiots, this game is really worth playing.
  42. May 16, 2012
    Who cares if you need to be online to play this game... it's 2012, if you don't have a decent enough internet connection to be connected (or tether) then you should spend money on your net connection before games. That said, the game is decent, it's a fun little hack and slash game. Giving a 10 because of all the 0's from people complaining about the online requirement and day one issues.
  43. May 16, 2012
    I was a big Diablo II fan 12 years ago, and I have waited for this title for a long time. But after reading all negative user reviews about this game, I almost dropped this much anticipated title. Besides the expected launch day server issues (which I did expected Blizzard to be better about), the biggest legitimate sounding complaints I saw that people were bringing up over and overI was a big Diablo II fan 12 years ago, and I have waited for this title for a long time. But after reading all negative user reviews about this game, I almost dropped this much anticipated title. Besides the expected launch day server issues (which I did expected Blizzard to be better about), the biggest legitimate sounding complaints I saw that people were bringing up over and over were:

1. Streamlined Stat leveling, every character will have the same end build, not as customizable friendly.
    2. Short story game (people claiming the story mode lasting only anywhere from 2 to 8 hours)
    3. Cartoonish art style, not dark fantasy like the previous games were.
    4. Pay to win auction houses cheapening the game.

Well I decided to get the game in the end and see check the validity of these complaints, and let me tell you right now, they are for the most part unfounded.

1. The abilities have been streamlined a bit, in the sense that you can no longer choose which abilities to pick when you level up, and you also do not distribute stat points for your character. I originally thought this would be a big grip for me in this game, cause I loose the ability to focus on particular builds and thus play style. I have found that this is not the case. With each ability came the options of augmenting them with different rune stones. These aren't stat boasting number effects, but legitimate ability changes, I still felt unique playing my wizard class with other wizards in my group, going for a tankier defensive setup with crystal shelled diamond skin, orbiting arcane orbs, and wave of force compared with my friend choosing a artillery striker setup. Throw in the different loots, and even aesthetic clothing dye and banner customization, you can totally feel unique and different if you want to.

2. The short story thing I feel is hands down not true. I am a bit more completionist when it comes to checking all the treasure and breaking all the containers for loot then your average player, but there is no way you will finish this game in less then 8 hours unless you are straight up running from point A to point B without stopping or doing anything in between. I finished Act I and am mid Act II right now, and I have clocked probably ard 12 hours in this game thus far. There is a lot of meat in this game, especially if you are willing to explore a bit.

3. In terms of art, I think Blizzard did not disappoint. I thought it would be a complete WoW fest, it is not. Yes, the characters and world are more exaggeratedly proportioned then representational realism and are more "colorful". But honestly, it did not distract from the experience for me at all. At no time in the game did I go, oh that looks like too friendly or too kiddy for a mature game. There is so much polish in this thing, especially when it comes to visual effects. Enemies will die differently depending on the attacks you used, burning to a crisp when you use lightning bolts, or have limbs and heads fly off when you chop them with swords. Large columns will crumple down when you hit them, dealing damage to enemies, and everything just feels very very smooth.

4. In terms of the real money auction house, I cannot really say cause its not open yet. But its my opinion, that you the player, play this game to have fun. If you want to spend real money to stomp bots and that's how you have fun, fine with me, I will still enjoy the game because the reward is the journey toward achieving self imposed goals. Whether Blizzard is cashing in with this move or not, does not augment or hinder my ability to enjoy this game.

But, don't take my word for any of this, if you are curious about this game, pick up a demo or guest pass or something. Don't take other people's word for it, try it yourself and see. I did, and I am glad I did.
  44. May 16, 2012
    This game is fantastic.Yes I couldn't log in straight away on launch night,and I struggled the following day,this was a pain in the arse.I hoped it wouldn't happen,but I knew that I had to be connected to play single-player before I bought it.So I sighed and got on with my life for a few hours.And then tried again.Now (just over 48 hours after launch I can log in and play no problems.This game is fantastic.Yes I couldn't log in straight away on launch night,and I struggled the following day,this was a pain in the arse.I hoped it wouldn't happen,but I knew that I had to be connected to play single-player before I bought it.So I sighed and got on with my life for a few hours.And then tried again.Now (just over 48 hours after launch I can log in and play no problems. The game,for me,improves as you play through it.The leveling up process is simple and satisfying.The user interface intuitive and straight forward.The facy people went out of their ways to come here and give the game zero's out of ten is just sad.Games have problems when they launch.Shock horror.Grow up trolls or just **** off,you're just trying to ruin other peoples fun in any way you can.Half of you probably don't own the game anyway,which makes the situation even more laughable. Portal 2 got similarly panned and other excellent games I'm probably aware of.Never played Diablo 2,so have no reference but the game is fluid and fun.Anyone giving less than five probably has a similarly sized **** in inches. Expand
  45. May 16, 2012
    I just can't believe what I have to read here! Half of the 0 points reviews seem to be copied off each other. And all the reasons: " I've beaten the game in 8 hours / 4 hours / 3 hours". Are you liars or high? Did you play the starter edition? Even with a twink mage, knewing exactly what to to, I "rushed" Act I in 4 hours. And after that it starts to get hard!

"Unworthy sequel", "lame

"Unworthy sequel", "lame story": Act I alone has more surprises, dialogue and background info than the hole D2! Maybe your memory is a bit blurred. And yes: I played D1 and D2 and loved both.

Technical issues: Come on, it's day one of the most-preordered game ever. Sure, they might have underestimated the mass of players, but they seem to manage now at least halfwy decent. But all the people in the forum crying about fraud, refund and class action obviously never witnessed any launch process.

Graphics: It's an artistic decision, not a technical error! And it is dark, moody and bloody gory, what more do you want? Ultra-realistic chars with bump-mapping and customizable noses and hair? What for? You want to annihilate masses of monsters, not play the Sims! And it looks worse than D2? Get glasses! Did you play it recently?

Pay-to-win: Are you serious? Every jackass in ANY game can buy his way to win. And Blizzard just wants in on the share. And they dont offer any equip on their own, the just let people sell their stuff. No added items, just what was regularly dropped. What is the problem? If uber-item A gets dropped and is sold from player X to Y - what do you care? There will be no eSport PVP. And there will be no "character-selling", so shut up you morons.

Skills, attributes: I don't cry over the old system. Forcing a player to invest another 100 hours, just because he spent some attributes wrong or chose the wrong skills is just cruel and a time sink. If you think, that it is some kind of merit, that's you're problem, but I have a real life and I don't want to waste my time on re-rolling. And D2 had only a few viable builds, which everyone copied off each other. In D3 you can at least experiment without penalty and they kept the interest in every skill alive with the different runes. So every skill has a potential to be used in the endgame, not only a few. SUre, there are no freaky extreme builds possible right now, but in D2 they weren't also until D2X und runewords. Who knows, what Blizz plans for D3X.

DRM: I'm not a fan, but this is the age we live in. Get used to it! At least, the don't mess in your system and kernel layer like EA, but just require online. And yes, it's a coop game! Always was, so grow a pair. And it will put an end to duping and PVP killbots and whatnot. So I am happy about storing my char on their servers. Who needs LAN? Do you seriously want to schlepp everybody's PC into one place like the old times?

Is it divinity in cans? Probably not. Is it a fun and addictive game? Hell yeah! As fun as D2? Equal, if not more for me.

In the end, I would have given it a 9 of 10, but since there are some many unfair 0 out there, just because people are pissed off by technical issues or disappointed by their ridiculously high expectations, a 100 of 10 seems appropriate.

Damn it, reading these reviews really got me worked up, an now it is 5am.
  46. May 16, 2012
    Having played D1 and D2, launch night for D3 felt like Christmas morning did when I was 12. I had not been that excited for a game in a long time. I suffered the install and server errors as everyone else, and truthfully, it was not that big of a deal. As of now all of those issues have been fixed, or you can find the info needed on Blizzards support site to get you up and running. I haveHaving played D1 and D2, launch night for D3 felt like Christmas morning did when I was 12. I had not been that excited for a game in a long time. I suffered the install and server errors as everyone else, and truthfully, it was not that big of a deal. As of now all of those issues have been fixed, or you can find the info needed on Blizzards support site to get you up and running. I have a friend that has found out how to run it on Ubuntu already as well. I think the beginning of the game is slow, which if very friendly to new comers to the series. When it comes to customization, there are many ways to make your character feel like your own. At higher levels you have to choose what abilities you will use to bring the pain to the hosts of Hell, so not all Barbarians will be running around with a whirlwind all the time. Plus I love the fact that if I don't feel like some skills are working, I can change it up and figure out what works for me. Customization options are endless depending on the gear you use. If you want to stack an attribute, then level up your blacksmith and make a bunch of rare items until you get what you are looking for, or head to the AH. Who cares if I can't choose to distribute a few "skill points" every level? That just slows down the fun of bashing 20 hellions skulls to a pile of mush. Graphics are a non issue. I have a powerful computer running 2 video cards. The game at max settings is not using all the resources available, but it still looks great. Torchlight's graphics are not spectacular, but they don't need to be for the genre to be fun. I really like the artwork, and environments. The sound does a great job of drawing you in. When I got to act two, I had a feeling of vertigo at first because of the environment, so I think they did a great job there. I do not think the lack of "next generation" graphics is a deal breaker for this game. It is not like they need to be using the latest unreal engine. I have have a Barbarian to level 22, and I can't wait to get back on. I find D3 a more than great title to share the Diablo name. I would not wait for the starter version on this one. Expand
  47. May 16, 2012
    Awesome game. Engaging narrative and very high production value. While the skill system and character customization is very different from the previous games, it is a refreshing new look on the action RPG genre. The normal mode is very fun and as soon as you start doing the harder difficulties it becomes very challenging and rewards teamwork and skill.

The only issues with the game so

The only issues with the game so far are the battle.net stability issues during launch and some minor annoyances with the skill UI.
  48. May 19, 2012
    Alright, so Blizzard is really dedicated to fixing the latency issue, as the server is functioning greatly now. I changed my rating from 2 to 9. The game itself is great, I think I don't need to explain much because others have nailed it perfectly. I'm absolutely satisfied with this game.
  49. May 16, 2012
    Bunch of whiners. Oh no! The servers are down!!! Why can't I play a game I bought, its my money GARBLEGARGBLEGARBLE. Seriously, 99% of you are retarded. The gaming market has been heading towards consistent on-line play for the past decade, companies like Blizzard enable on-line play mechanics to better the game. Diablo 2 was an absolute borefest in single player, the true heart and soulBunch of whiners. Oh no! The servers are down!!! Why can't I play a game I bought, its my money GARBLEGARGBLEGARBLE. Seriously, 99% of you are retarded. The gaming market has been heading towards consistent on-line play for the past decade, companies like Blizzard enable on-line play mechanics to better the game. Diablo 2 was an absolute borefest in single player, the true heart and soul of D2 lied in its multiplayer, any decent d2 player would know that. All of you look in the mirror and then compare yourself to a piece of turd. Have any of you actually played an MMO on release date? Can you possibly comprehend the amount of effort required in server stability when a smackfest of millions of dip***** such as yourself log in at the same time? There is no true preparation for anything of the sorts unless the actually test it first hand. "But that's what the Beta is for!!!" No you moronic imp, the beta cannot possibly test how millions of players around the world would affect the servers. Do you know how much money blizzard pours into its server architecture? Go look at world of warcraft server farms, then repeatedly smash your head against the wall. Grow up you rats, go off to call of duty or your torchlight. I played torchlight 1 and that game bored me to tears. To those out there unsure about this game, then piss off, leave this game to the true diablo community who have any sense of what a game ''launch'' involves. Name one other company as dedicated as Blizzard in resolving all issues as soon as possible. Name one. Bethesda? Ha, funny. Morons.
    By the way, to the turds saying OMFG D2 was way more L337, no stats OMFGGBWIFE. Shut up, everyone in d2 had the exact same builds over and over again. Its stupid, a waste of time and required no true ''skill'' mechanics. Now you actually need to do **** to survive, crowd control, dps output, tanking, healing, the holy trinity of multiplayer RPG's, finally some tactics involved rather than rolling my head across the keyboard and seemingly ''pwning''.
  50. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a solid game, No doubt about it, I really enjoyed playing Diablo 3 post release, even though there are some controversy within Blizzard's post release of Diablo 3, but when you start playing it error free, you will find yourself playing a game that will make you dunk dozens of hours into. The feel that it will give it to you while raiding every single dungeon is priceless, theDiablo 3 is a solid game, No doubt about it, I really enjoyed playing Diablo 3 post release, even though there are some controversy within Blizzard's post release of Diablo 3, but when you start playing it error free, you will find yourself playing a game that will make you dunk dozens of hours into. The feel that it will give it to you while raiding every single dungeon is priceless, the new revamped system is somewhat weird to me at first. But since it has Diablo on the title, I willingly forgiven it and pressed on to play it more. I love the game, and playing as a monk started my journey to save the world once more. Blizzard has nailed it again. Congratulations! Expand
  51. May 16, 2012
    I don't know why people review the server., I just want to point out that the SERVERS are just part of the INFRASTRUCTURE!. It's not the game!.. anyways, The first time I logged in to play, I DID GET ERRORS BUT FOR PATIENCE OF WAITING i got in. I mean come on guys!, you need to expect that launch day means that A LOT of people WILL log in to the servers. Aren't you guys happy that it'sI don't know why people review the server., I just want to point out that the SERVERS are just part of the INFRASTRUCTURE!. It's not the game!.. anyways, The first time I logged in to play, I DID GET ERRORS BUT FOR PATIENCE OF WAITING i got in. I mean come on guys!, you need to expect that launch day means that A LOT of people WILL log in to the servers. Aren't you guys happy that it's out?. It's a good RPG game. I like the graphics but if you compare it to such games like Battlefield 3, it's a whole different story because RPG is different from FPS. Expand
  52. May 16, 2012
    Though the servers have been down for a few hours a day, I've had an immense amount of fun. I am thoroughly impressed by Diablo 3. People who give this a 0 because surprise, surprise, millions of people trying to play one game at one time will not always work. It's really a shame people aren't critiquing the game. Will continue to play for a very long time.
  53. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better. Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  54. May 17, 2012
    The game itself is really good (only played up until act 2) but I am very much satisfied with the game itself - just a quick shout out to those people giving a solid "0" to D3, just think of what Blizzard was expecting, in the Beta there were never any more than 10k players online at a given time, and now that the game was released there are a lot more people playing (I would put theThe game itself is really good (only played up until act 2) but I am very much satisfied with the game itself - just a quick shout out to those people giving a solid "0" to D3, just think of what Blizzard was expecting, in the Beta there were never any more than 10k players online at a given time, and now that the game was released there are a lot more people playing (I would put the number at ~3 million). So give blizzard a chance to sort things out. As for the short story - if you recall Diablo 2 also only started with 4 Acts and then the Lord of Destruction Expansion Pack added Act 5.

So I guess I am just asking for consideration for Blizzard, yes they made it harder on themselves making us wait this long for D3, but give them some props, the whole project could have been scrapped. So be thankful. In my oppinion, a well rounded off addition to the Diablo series.

55. May 17, 2012
    Diablo as I always wanted it. Action action action... and again action! If I wanted so hard customization I'd have played Fallout instead. I was really frustrated when in D2 I had to stay hours not playing in order to be efficient and keep on the edge with my friends... When my friend (Digital delivery) told me "Crap! It's the same feeling of D2" I drooled. It's different for many crucialDiablo as I always wanted it. Action action action... and again action! If I wanted so hard customization I'd have played Fallout instead. I was really frustrated when in D2 I had to stay hours not playing in order to be efficient and keep on the edge with my friends... When my friend (Digital delivery) told me "Crap! It's the same feeling of D2" I drooled. It's different for many crucial points but I find it's quite enjoyable still deep for a Hack&slash (no RPG) game as it is. Surprisingly it has also a great story! Expand
  56. May 17, 2012
    People rating the game bad just because of server issues are mindless. The gameplay is great, fun, and addicting. Despite the launch issues, which have been fixed, the game it's self is a worthy sequel.
  57. May 18, 2012
    Trollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. TheTrollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. The "gamers" who complain have zero logos towards their argument other than its DRM which was stated from the start, and if you're too stupid to understand how blizzard would handle DRM you're a complete idiot, Expand
  58. May 18, 2012
    The game is just pure fun to play. It has improved a lot over D2 while keeping true to the hack-n-slash-n-loot original and the overall quality is Bliz typical. It becomes actually less repetitive as you level up with new abilities, runes etc. People (me included) were not happy with the server issues of day1 but this does not have anything to do with the game in the long run.
  59. May 17, 2012
    O jogo pode não ser perfeito, mas esta longe de ser ruim. Ã
  60. May 17, 2012
    Greeting. I can not say I'm a Diablo fan, but the third little disappoint me in terms of character customization that game. I mean I can not choose how I allocate my skill points on. Otherwise I love it. We started yesterday at 14 to play it and had no problems with connection. I had about about 6 hours of play.
  61. May 17, 2012
    This game is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. It doesn't even compare to D2. I'd write more but I have to go puke after spending $60 and waiting how many years for this piece of crap....seriously. Not worth the $10 I originally spent on the first Diablo 12-14 years ago. Eight hours was more than enough. Sorry, I hate to write bad reviews. Can I get a refund?
  62. May 17, 2012
    Ok, this is another game downrated by 0/10 f*ggots. I'll tell you what. There's maybe 5-10% games in the world that deserve 0/10 at all and you can see them in action watchin AVGN and other stuff like that. I'm not a casual player, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing previous Diablos. And guess what? I like the new one. To all you haters, hear me now. You cry because thereOk, this is another game downrated by 0/10 f*ggots. I'll tell you what. There's maybe 5-10% games in the world that deserve 0/10 at all and you can see them in action watchin AVGN and other stuff like that. I'm not a casual player, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing previous Diablos. And guess what? I like the new one. To all you haters, hear me now. You cry because there are no town portal scrolls and identification scrolls. Well, now you just don't have to buy them every now and again, what you were doing in the previous installments. Cash didn't matter in D2, so you had unlimited scrolls nonetheless. **** graphics? Damn guys, Blizz has never been doing good graphics and those from D2 sucked as well, didn't care. **** artisans? Lol, you really wanna go mining and picking up flowers in Diablo or what? I don't understand all you whiners, it's simple enough for a hack'n'slash to have a system like that. All you gotta do in D3 is clicking from the beginning to the end? Well, I suppose this series was all about that. Auction house is a bad idea? Well, no more O xxx N xxx on the chat, you can buy and sell items instantly. I just don't know if the idea of 15% payment for every transaction is good. If I think that my item is worth 2000, and the guy buys it for 2000, because he thinks as well, why would the system steal my 15% from that? RMAH is the same thing. It's good, mainly because there will be less and less website sellers and those on auction sites. I just don't like the idea that Blizzard is taking 1 euro for every transaction + 15% cut when paying with PayPal. The only drawback that I agree with you is the lack of skill trees and attribute points, but on the other hand... Well, I was playing Bone Necro and I loaded most of the points in energy, so now the game loads them in intelligence when I'm playing my wizard. With necro I was loading points and using only 3 skills. Now there's no points and I'm using more skills. Well, I'll get used to it. Anyways, I really enjoy the game - it's a real hack'n'slash and it lives up to my expectations. Expand
  63. May 17, 2012
    It seems that the most negative comments can be summarized as the following:

1. Diablo 3 has removed Stats Point placements 2. Diablo 3 has changed Skills Point placements 3. Diablo 3 has connection issues alone side with forced On-Line single player. 4. Diablo 3 has no LAN. Let us address these issues one by one: Stats Points Stats points in Diablo 2 was not that varied. If you played
    It seems that the most negative comments can be summarized as the following:

1. Diablo 3 has removed Stats Point placements
    2. Diablo 3 has changed Skills Point placements
    3. Diablo 3 has connection issues alone side with forced On-Line single player.
    4. Diablo 3 has no LAN.

Let us address these issues one by one:

Stats Points

Stats points in Diablo 2 was not that varied. If you played Diablo 2 and had made characters that were capable of killing bosses in Hell difficulty or uber bosses, then you know already, stats don't vary in builds all that much. Namely, all you do is, minimal strength to wear gears, minimal dex to get 95% block rate (with skills active) and finally all remaining points into vitality. Therefore, it seems pointless to create such system where the players are all simply following the "best" way to play the game. Of course the down side is that players may no longer "fool around" with "funny" stats.

Skills Points

Diablo 3 has introduced a different system for skills. Note this is different from saying the skills system has been removed. It is true that you get skills based on levels without variation but it is the combinations that makes it interesting and VARYING. This is a nice solution to re-specialization which is a feature added in 1.13c of Diablo 2 LoD and this feature is what many want. In Diablo 3, the stat points also makes more sense and lets each character utilize it much better. Each character would have a primary stats and other stats simply adds Resistance, Armor, or Dodge. This means there won't be any useless stats such as the "Mana" stats in Diablo 2.

Connection Problem

True this is indeed a problem and it is sad that single player part of the game cannot be played single player like. No more experimenting with character items and builds. Players will simply have to do these online. As for the actual server shortage and performance, over time Bilzzard will have to address this. Therefore this should not be something that turns this great game into 0/10. Sadly for those who does not have cable connection, there is simply nothing you can do since the majority of people are using cable services.

LAN

Honest, do you really invite people over and make a private game? I hardest ever do that since your friends are simply always online anyways. This is almost like instead of talking on MSN, Tweet, Facebook, let's invite them over and talk. It's not a bad thing to do but just not frequent enough to worth taking off points. Honest, if you don't game that much, you would probably have a social life and therefore, this wouldn't be a problem to begin with. Conclusion

So with all that said, people need to rationally look at the game WITHOUT the anger is well reasoned. Review game is not the same as complaint about what you don't like.
  64. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 was made for Pottermore fans. (Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up)
  65. May 17, 2012
    it's time to stop hype bashing... huge game! dynamic gameplay, mysterious ambiance... it's a worthy successor to diablo 2
  66. May 17, 2012
    Great expectations met! Great game, great gameplay, great cinematics...
    I've been playing beta all along and now I'm so glad to roam Sanctuary again.
    See you in Hell!
  67. May 17, 2012
    diablo 3 is a very intersting game , the gameplay is just amazing and i enjoyed play it a lot . I think it is one of my favourite game so far .
  68. May 17, 2012
    Firstly - I love the game, it's modern, has an epic story line, looks awesome and is just brilliant. I don't like that you have to be connected all the time but I understand the reasoning.
    Secondly - to all the people complaining that it is not Diablo 2 (or 1) get over yourselves, times change. Otherwise go back to playing FPS with only a keyboard, trade in your iPhone for a Nokia 3310 and delete your twitter/facebook accounts.
  69. May 19, 2012
    I really like this game. It probably doesn't deserve a 10, but this review is mostly to counter the hordes of people who gave bad reviews on the launch day, where the game was a little buggy because of high traffic.
  70. May 17, 2012
    I love how everyone is hating on the skill system. The skill system has so much more depth than diablo 2's skill system that it's scary. In diablo 2 you basically power leveld your character till you got the spell that your character was made for. Like a blizzard sorc, a meteor sorc, a hammer paladin or a frenzy barb. When you get that spell all you do is spam it. That's all you do for theI love how everyone is hating on the skill system. The skill system has so much more depth than diablo 2's skill system that it's scary. In diablo 2 you basically power leveld your character till you got the spell that your character was made for. Like a blizzard sorc, a meteor sorc, a hammer paladin or a frenzy barb. When you get that spell all you do is spam it. That's all you do for the rest of the **** game till you make a new character because you become bored as **** Trust me, i know. I was also pretty disappointed by the fact that you can't distribute attributes. But really... It's not the reason to give the game 0 / 10. You have to take all things in consideration when reviewing the game. All the people complaining about the auction hause. The **** internet was a huge auction house for diablo 2. All the people who had the best items bought them online and that's a **** fact that you wont take in consideration. I played this game with three of my friends and we couldn't stop. It was that awesome to see all the epic skills and combinations you could make. World PvP just make hardcore people rage. Seriously, i can't even count how many times i got killed by some **** idiot when i was baal running in hardcore. I have lost so many high leveld character to all the ****s who buy the best items and just kill people. To the ones who miss the stuff i mentioned from diablo 2. You are riding on nostalgia. You are not even thinking about how ****ed up that was. Expand
  71. May 17, 2012
    People should learn from me:
    Don't get hyped up by the company trying to sell their games, and don't forget to actually read a preview or 2. All these people here complaining about less customization etc: Diablo II is still playable, goodbye.
    People should learn from me:

I didn't let myself get hyped up after having played Diablo II a lot, because I knew it was going to be a different game, more catered towards the casual player in terms of UIcustomization whilst still catering towards the hardcore players in terms of higher difficulties. What I've found is this: I've never had this much fun hacking 'n slashing! The vibe is good, although different from its prequels. The graphics are nice and especially fluid and I can't put enough emphasis on how important it is to actually have fun slashing things in a ARPGHAck 'n Slash. Physics improve the feeling you're actually hitting stuff and the combat animations are great. Even though the game is very linear (Diablo 2 was too guys, you're overhyping an old game to divine levels) at least there's still a lot of randomization and hard difficulties to play through. If the ''hardcore fans'' didn't hype this game up so much, or this game was called ''Kill da Monstas'' they would've LOVED it. Everyone saying ''I can't use weapons only spells wtfbbq?'' didn't even take the time to properly check out the UI, because you can make a battle mage if you so desire. The complaints about DRM: I feel ya, kind of. Diablo (all of them) are much more fun when played co-op. Fact that you don't have any social abilities doesn't give you the right to call this a single-player game. It says it requires internet on the box! All these facts where already known, yet the whiners STILL buy it? That's just hating right there. Go play torchlight 2, you won't be missed.

Conclusion: If you like lots of actions, co-op gameplay, are a loot whore and love to bash brains in in many different ways (with a nice story to boot) get this game! If you want Diablo II with a 3D makeover, stay clear of this game.
  72. May 17, 2012
    People are angry at the bad release day, but it does not mean this game is a 0. Blizzard was not prepared enough on release date, but like most online only games they stabilize pretty quickly. I played Diablo 2 and maxed out a Hammerdin and Blizzard Sorc. Normal difficulty has been made for casual players, but Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno mode ramps up the difficulty considerably. YouPeople are angry at the bad release day, but it does not mean this game is a 0. Blizzard was not prepared enough on release date, but like most online only games they stabilize pretty quickly. I played Diablo 2 and maxed out a Hammerdin and Blizzard Sorc. Normal difficulty has been made for casual players, but Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno mode ramps up the difficulty considerably. You can't even play Inferno mode until you reach the max level. PVP is not implemented yet, and I am hoping with future updates they will provide more content. Graphics are fine, and animations are cool. I do not think Diablo 2 graphics have aged well (I tried playing it again before D3 came out). Diablo 3 took away skill trees and attribute points. I am disappointed about the removal of attribute points, but maybe with the release of PVP they will add more customization. As for skill points..."skill runes will increase the number of skill variations to 6 including the base skill. And as each character class has at least 20 skills, the overall total of skill variations per class is 6^20." So removal of skill points is not that bad in my opinion. If you can look past the horrible release day...overall the game is fun and the game will get deeper in time with patches/updates and people figuring the game out. Expand
  73. May 17, 2012
    I really enjoy playing Diablo 3 and i am rather casual player. I already played around 7 hours with my friends and it was a lot of fun. I was heaving doubts about skill system but it prove to work really good - its fun to change skills and tries diffrent approach to kill mobs / bosses. Graphics is music are OK. Story is simple but i didn't expected anything more than that - it'sI really enjoy playing Diablo 3 and i am rather casual player. I already played around 7 hours with my friends and it was a lot of fun. I was heaving doubts about skill system but it prove to work really good - its fun to change skills and tries diffrent approach to kill mobs / bosses. Graphics is music are OK. Story is simple but i didn't expected anything more than that - it's hack'n'slash game type. Summary: game is fun, and have a good diablo-climate. Now, i dont understood all that negative reviews. D2 didn't have any big story, D1 also so why you expect that from part 3? Its hack'n'slash game where you are focusing on killing monsters. DRM - well get used to it, buy games don't pirate - you are responsible for that situation. Also, servers are now stable and DRM dosen't have anything common with the content of the game itself. Real money auction house - all you are so negative about that even that service didn't started, and there is no way to say anything more. Without that people how have to much money to spend would be buying items on ebay or other so what the diffrence?
    So all hateres, just shut up and play because it's worthy.
  74. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game indeed. Don't listen to any, so-called, critics, they are frustrated because of connection is needed and other not important things. The playability is excellent, as well as atmosphere and graphics. Blizzard can't make a bad game and Diablo 3 is a proof of this - Diablo 3 is the perfection itself. See you in Hell!
  75. May 17, 2012
    Honestly this game is really good i don't get people who say they don't like it if they don't like Hack n Slash then don't buy the game seriously people should have at least tried the beta before buying the game if they didn't know what was a hack n slash... I do really enjoy the game the fact that you can easily change items and powers without stopping playing is really nice, i do agreeHonestly this game is really good i don't get people who say they don't like it if they don't like Hack n Slash then don't buy the game seriously people should have at least tried the beta before buying the game if they didn't know what was a hack n slash... I do really enjoy the game the fact that you can easily change items and powers without stopping playing is really nice, i do agree that it's sad not to have maximum customization on your character but its just a tinny fact the game stays really good... I haven't had the problem of Error 37 so for my part i would put 9 out of 10 because of the fact that you can't launch the game even the solo mode if you're not connected to the Internet is totally stupid...
    Im going to put 10 because a lot of people are putting very low grades for absolutely no reason and are frustrated of having being touched by the error 37 or not liking hack n slash...
  76. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 it's self is a fantastic game. It brings back many of the old, most love, elements of the previous game while trying to not just copy and paste the previous game. The game does not deserve the low ratings based on Blizzards failing to properly prepare the American servers at launch, the company deserves them. Yes the DRM is an "always online" model, but most players will beDiablo 3 it's self is a fantastic game. It brings back many of the old, most love, elements of the previous game while trying to not just copy and paste the previous game. The game does not deserve the low ratings based on Blizzards failing to properly prepare the American servers at launch, the company deserves them. Yes the DRM is an "always online" model, but most players will be playing online similar to Diablo 2 and the realms. It is a huge mistake not to include an offline mode and that, in my humble opinion, is the sole bad mark against this game and the reason for a 9/10 and not a 10/10.

I could very easily complain about other aspects of the game not living up to my hopes for it, but we all have to realize it never was going to. So taking the game as it is, for better or worse, it is highly enjoyable with an amazing story line, crisp clean hack and slash game play at a break neck pace. You can't please everyone and sadly 90% of the bad reviews are 100% unjustified. The game is not the issue, Blizzard and the idiots who didn't properly prepare are the ones who deserve the bad rating. DRM or not, have a little patience and you will get more then your money's wroth out of the game.
  77. May 17, 2012
    Most of these people giving bad reviews do not know how to read a box or website. If you are saying you wasted your money because you need to be constantly connected to the internet, well that is your loss for not reading/researching. Not only does it mention this on the outside of the box/on the website, do you know those 3 boxes you scrolled through as fast as possible when you startedMost of these people giving bad reviews do not know how to read a box or website. If you are saying you wasted your money because you need to be constantly connected to the internet, well that is your loss for not reading/researching. Not only does it mention this on the outside of the box/on the website, do you know those 3 boxes you scrolled through as fast as possible when you started up the game? Maybe you should actually READ them. Anyways...This game is so much fun! It seems very well made/polished and the graphics are just fine. I have finished it on normal as a demon hunter and am now doing normal over again as a monk. I enjoy the chat room option while I am playing. Makes it less lonely when my friends are not online. The multiplayer option is pretty fun as well. I have met some great people while partying on nightmare difficulty. I look forward to the auction house opening (May 22*). I don't expect to make hundreds of dollars but it would be kind of cool to pay for my game subscriptions through it. Expand
  78. May 17, 2012
    This is a great game, but it also changes the feel of the Diablo series and I'm not writing about the graphics here, but the way the story is presented (well, I liked it more in Diablo II). As for the game mechanics everything's fine, the battles are more dynamic, more flashy, but it feels like old Diablo (despite the healing orbs and cooldown times for health potions the gameplay seemsThis is a great game, but it also changes the feel of the Diablo series and I'm not writing about the graphics here, but the way the story is presented (well, I liked it more in Diablo II). As for the game mechanics everything's fine, the battles are more dynamic, more flashy, but it feels like old Diablo (despite the healing orbs and cooldown times for health potions the gameplay seems kind of balanced the same way Diablo II was). The normal difficulty could be beaten by a child, I'm looking forward to see it on higher difficulties.
    It's obvious that Blizzard also plays other aRPGs than Diablo, we can see the goblin with treasures (like in Dungeon Siege, correct me if I'm wrong) and some solutions from other games. I liked the way they showed tribute for some other games (e.g. Legacy of Kain - the quest name "Legacy of Cain" and monster called "Raziel). Overall, the gameplay is very good, but sometimes you cannot see what is happening on the screen, it's so fast. 8/10 seems a fair score, hope they'll do an expansion pack and it will go even higher.
  79. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. TheDiablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. The replayability for this game is astonishing, with 5 classes to play up to level 60 and 4 difficulty to unlock for each of them. And you also have the hardcore mode for even more longevity and challenges. All the maps, encounters, items, etc... are generated randomly every time you start the game no matter where you are makes this game really fun because you never know what to expect from it. I despise all the reviews in here because they are mostly form idiot who thought they were playing a new MMO and have no clue what D1 or D2 games are. Expand
  80. May 17, 2012
    This game is a breath of fresh air from Blizzard's other titles. It has been a long time since we all have had the chance to take a crack at a new Diablo. The time is finally here, and the game is phenomenal. Ignore all of the bad reviews that were posted around the time of the release date. Blizzard was having issues with keeping the battle.net servers up because there was an overwhelmingThis game is a breath of fresh air from Blizzard's other titles. It has been a long time since we all have had the chance to take a crack at a new Diablo. The time is finally here, and the game is phenomenal. Ignore all of the bad reviews that were posted around the time of the release date. Blizzard was having issues with keeping the battle.net servers up because there was an overwhelming number of people who were trying to log on and play. The issues are fixed now, with a couple of short rolling restarts here and there. Focusing back on the game, the gameplay and graphics are just perfect. The story flows great and the action and cinematics that come with it bring tons of hours of fun. Not to mention this game has great replay value, 5 classes to choose from and randomly generated dungeons! A must buy for anyone who has been a fan of Diablo or any other Blizzard titles. Also if you are new to Diablo and do enjoy Action RPG's then this is something you should definitely invest your money into. PvP is coming soon and 4-player co-op is fully functional. AMAZING GAME 10/10. Expand
  81. May 17, 2012
    First of all, I am amazed at how many people are giving this game a 0 because they can't connect.
    How the hell can you expect to be taken seriously by the companies that make these games if you act like a moron who rates the game so low even if you didn't even play 5 minutes of it?
    Or how the hell can you state that this game can be finished in 3 hours? I have currently about 6 hours of game-time and I just finished Act 1 - just goes to show how ignorant people really are.

On with the review:
    If Diablo II for its time was groundbreaking, Diablo III for its time is a breath of fresh air in the pool of mediocre ARPGs.

First of all, the gameplay is quite nice, and it brings enough new things to the table for me to like it.
    Of course Diablo II had a nice gameplay, but seriously - would you rather play puzzle in your inventory? Would you rather spend valuable inventory slots for scrolls of identify and town portal? Those things bothered me a lot in D2.
    Also, the attribute point system is pretty good - let's face it, in D2 99% of us just placed the points EXACTLY the same. How is that any different from having the game place them for you? Nitpicking on something like this really means you are stupid.
    The story is kind of easy to predict, and it just serves as a backbone to the game itself.
    The music is also very nice, I really like the "And the heavens shall tremble" piece and many others.
    Overall?
    I honestly think that the game is worthwhile, even if you are a casual or hardcore Diablo player. It has many interesting mechanics and has certainly evolved compared to Diablo 2.

As a side note, I experienced connection problems on D-Day - but IMO when you don't even play the game then come and rate the game low, it means you are stupid. No, you're not interesting, no you will not get the game for free. Plain stupid.

82. May 17, 2012
    Very close to perfection! Other than some minor launch issues, Blizzard has once again built the best Action RPG on the market. Gorgeous graphics, improved/simplified play mechanics (no more potion spamming), a simpler/better skill/runes system, and amazing voice acting and plot throughout. Appears to have 30-40 hours of solid gameplay to get through the single player acts and sideVery close to perfection! Other than some minor launch issues, Blizzard has once again built the best Action RPG on the market. Gorgeous graphics, improved/simplified play mechanics (no more potion spamming), a simpler/better skill/runes system, and amazing voice acting and plot throughout. Appears to have 30-40 hours of solid gameplay to get through the single player acts and side quests. Much more if you play all the classes, play hard core, or play through all the difficulty levels. Loot system is amazing so people will be playing for years to get "one more drop". Great to see an auction house included! Expand
  83. May 17, 2012
    Ignore the low user scores, the majority of players are too busy enjoying this great game to correct the haters who have been trying to destroy the name of the awesome universe that is Diablo 3. Message to haters: Read the minimum system requirements before purchase! Thankyou Blizzard for yet another masterpiece, now it's time for me to log back in!! :)
  84. May 17, 2012
    AWESOME game a got no errors. Ficou muito bom tudo que foi feito no jogo. So a estoria que esta um pouco menos macabra mas ainda assim esta bem legal. Jogarei com todas as classes.
  85. May 18, 2012
    The best game ! I loved it, the graphics are perfect, the levels are beautiful. The details may have changed but this is still fundamentally the same game as the 1996 original.
  86. May 17, 2012
    lol, at all the butt hurt people giving this game a negative review. It is 100% what I wanted and more and is a great successor to the franchise. Maybe stop reviewing a game just because you can't connect, that isn't constructive at all. What is the point of even getting on here if you haven't even played the damn game. If I could I would give this a 20/10 but 10/10m will have to do.
  87. May 17, 2012
    I can easily say is the best game I've ever played. I wasn't phased or outraged by the initial technical difficulties, I expected them as a part of the process. As a lifelong Diablo fan, another day or in some cases an hour or so of wait time here and there are laughable in comparison to the time we've had to weather thus far. The title has fulfilled my hopes and dreams for this series. II can easily say is the best game I've ever played. I wasn't phased or outraged by the initial technical difficulties, I expected them as a part of the process. As a lifelong Diablo fan, another day or in some cases an hour or so of wait time here and there are laughable in comparison to the time we've had to weather thus far. The title has fulfilled my hopes and dreams for this series. I feel very fortunate and honoured to participate in it's advent. My true disappointment lies with the outraged members community, who despite their very loud pointed opinions are the ones who have dropped the ball.

What we've been given here is a beautiful, technically admirable gift. That will provide hours of
    amazement and fun for the next decade.
  88. May 17, 2012
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

I read some of the reviews and sadly I see that people were expecting skyrim with the story of diablo ! that is just not diablo !!! Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the skills of the your character does not mean less customisation ! eg some skills are not for me and I will never use them wile a lot of people will think the other way around.),
    Music of the game is awsome,
    The graphics are not cutting edge but the game looks beatiful.
    cutting through packs of enemys is still soooo much satisfying.
    there is 10s of skils for every class with runes for an extra twist, that takes repetition out of the question for me !
    Items look good and detailed with a lot of variety,
    Thats all I wanted from this game and I got them all !
  89. May 17, 2012
    Aside from the terrible launch event followed by the servers going down on day one... the game is perfect!. The graphics although not modern are really well done, blood everywhere, monsters with great animations and dead effects, the particle system shines all over the place. The sound is impressively well done, it's hard to find games that sound good on any speakers setup... but this gameAside from the terrible launch event followed by the servers going down on day one... the game is perfect!. The graphics although not modern are really well done, blood everywhere, monsters with great animations and dead effects, the particle system shines all over the place. The sound is impressively well done, it's hard to find games that sound good on any speakers setup... but this game really rocks on that department, I had never played a game with so good sound effects. The gameplay starts a little slow, it gets better once you start to aquire better weapons and abilities and runes which improve your abilities in amazing ways. The story is also fascinating and long enough to enjoy the game every second, you shouldn't storm this game to finish it fast... the best experience is when you listen to all the characters tell their gossips to you, sometimes it's hilarious and some times you'll get shocked.

Honestly this is one of the best games ever!!!... Keep the good work Blizzard (and I hoped you learned from the mistakes done on day one)
  90. May 17, 2012
    Quit **** about this game. It has a few bugs and the servers are not working. Such is MMO Launch. Be chill. The game is exciting and we finally have the sequel. Stop raging. Wait a few weeks. 10.
  91. May 17, 2012
    Anyone **** about this game A. Has a **** computer. B. Is too much of a fanboy of D2 to accept that WoW created a standard for ability usage. C. Is just a crying mouth breather.

The game is a hundred times better then D2's spam left click and spam potion system. It took a page from WoWs book (and whether you like WoW or not it created a standard for online games) Hotbar was a fantasic addition. Bosses now have actual mechanics that you have to watch for. Overall you can't be disappointed. It's just a great game.
  92. May 17, 2012
    At the beginning it feels a lot repetitive, but as you advance and start to unlock skills, crafting, companions, and more, the game reveals itself very addictive. It's a great game, but i hope that there Blizzard launch some patches with new features and expansions with new content because this game can still have much more to give!
  93. May 17, 2012
    Please dont read reviews with red score. Its from dumb people that think Internet connection is something new. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Most of people there gived game 0-3/10 just because they -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a)
    a) - think singleplayer game means offline game. b) - they just cant logged in game firsty day These people should be banned by Metacritic. I already contacted MC to do something about it. Its not possible to exploit review of game to use it for something else. This place is to review content, not form or any first day issues. so again.. for savages.. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DIABLO 3 IS ONLINE GAME. Its single player game with cooperation, auction house and pvp arena. Its not offline game. single != offline. So dont rant about it. Its like if you start ranting about "why wow isnt offline mode". -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About game itself - graphic is really good, on start, you will not like it, but when u get better equipment and get to nicer sorroundings.. it get way better. Diablo created itemization in games. I mean how we have it now, and in Diablo 3, this itemization returns, with many new features. Like crafting - yes, you can craft things.. which is cool. And you can sell them and then pay for WoW or Internet connection - which is even more cool. Yes, there are some downsides, like no setting atributions, no skills tunning up (yes there is rune system but its automatical..) BUT THAT ITS NOT PROBLEM OF DIABLO 3 - THAT IS PROBLEM OF PROGRAMMERS THAT START MAKING GAME EASY. THEN CURRENT GENERATION OF PLAYER GET WITH THAT AND THEY DONT WANT HARD GAME ANYMORE. That's all. and ps - DRM IS LIKE WHEN GAME WANT ONLINE REGISTRATION (ONLY) OR WHEN GAME WANT DVDROM ..ETC NOT WHEN ONLINE GAME NEED INTERNET. THATS NOT CALLED DRM. THATS CALLED NORMAL FEATURE THAT NEED TO BE DONE. GAME NEED INTERNET NOT FOR DRM BUT FOR BECAUSE ITS ONLINE GAME.. LIKE WOW. EVEN SINGLEPLAYER GAME IS PLAYED ONLINE, ALL CHARS ARE ON SERVERS = SO NO CHEATING. THAT IS WHY.. NO FKED DRM HERE
  94. May 17, 2012
    dis considering all the server problems ALL games from blizzard with no exception has on its launch, the game itself is pretty amazing and a good sequence to the best seller diablo2. I must say i didn't like the skills system so much but kinda getting used to it. As it precursors the game is very addictive and the multiplayer experience is beyond fun. I know there are lots of similar gamesdis considering all the server problems ALL games from blizzard with no exception has on its launch, the game itself is pretty amazing and a good sequence to the best seller diablo2. I must say i didn't like the skills system so much but kinda getting used to it. As it precursors the game is very addictive and the multiplayer experience is beyond fun. I know there are lots of similar games around (like tourchlight) but this is diablo! there's no better on the genre period. Expand
  95. May 17, 2012
    Listen up you little **** kids, stop **** because there are errors for an online game on launch, let alone diabo 3 which is a huge game that sells bucket loads from one of the biggest PC companies at this time. Review the game, not the errors caused by your **** ass internet.

And rage all you want, blizzard still got your money, so **** off.
  96. May 17, 2012
    The people who have rated this a 0 without ACTUALLY playing the game should be banned from writing a review. Not only that they should sell the game immediately and not even have the opportunity to play. If you want a unbiased and fair review, this is NOT the place to look for it.
  97. May 17, 2012
    I've seen so many 'reviews' on here that are giving the game 0 out of 10 because they can't log in... I even saw one that said "If I can't play the game I can't review it" whilst giving it a score of 0! Now that is ridiculous.

The unfair damnation of Diablo 3 is coming from the undesirable online-only system and server errors which have marred its launch, but the ACTUAL GAME is very good. Very good indeed. Don't get me wrong, I'm against the DRM thing and the server issues are pretty inexcusable, but they don't justify giving the game 0 out of 10, that's just silly.

It's a Diablo game, it looks, sounds and feels like Diablo and it has a great level of polish. Is it a step backward from Diablo 2? Yes. Is the story kind of linear and bland? I guess so. Does it deserve all the pointless hatred it's receiving? Absolutely not! Don't let all this anger and bile put you off buying Diablo 3, I'm extremely glad I bought it and it's the most fun I've had with a game this year. Highly recommended, especially with a friend or two.
  98. May 17, 2012
    Best PC Exclusive for many years, I've seen. Old Diablo has returned! The only thing not very pleased with launch day server did not survive ((but that is no reason to put the game 0! The game is not being to blame for the technical side. Deserved 10.
  99. May 17, 2012
    D3 is pretty great. There is more to do and more to think about during each fight than D2. It is exactly what I wanted. I was jarred at first by the lack of a skill tree, but you actually gain more powers than you can use at once so your personal play style is flexible in the extreme and I always thought that the overspecialization encouraged by D2 was a bit boring.

Diablo 3 is flat

Diablo 3 is flat awesome. The fact that Azula is the voice of my Wizard makes it even better.
  100. May 17, 2012
    Having played all three Diablos i have to say that this is my favorite for sure. The character customization is there, as you can customize all your skills to your play style. The thought put into this games storyline, characters, and balance is awesome and obvious. I don't have to tell you the graphics and sound are amazing. I look forward to the harder modes and the upgraded bossHaving played all three Diablos i have to say that this is my favorite for sure. The character customization is there, as you can customize all your skills to your play style. The thought put into this games storyline, characters, and balance is awesome and obvious. I don't have to tell you the graphics and sound are amazing. I look forward to the harder modes and the upgraded boss mechanics. Only downside that i agree with the haters on is having to log into a server. No internet makes the game unplayable. That is unfortunate. Much Love For Diablo 3!! Noobs need to Learn their history before judgeing this game. Its really that damned good. Expand
  101. May 16, 2012

My life needs the option of off world play.

(4) - No offline mode - The addition of the auction house, figure that one out.

(6) - Repetitive - Because hack and slash has come so far over the years...

1. Aug 31, 2012