Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  2. May 20, 2012
    For the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and theFor the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and the voice acting is top notch. Sound in general are nearly perfect. The auction house (just started using it) is great, just used my gold from the game (I would never use real money to buy virtual things, sorry Blizzard) to pick up some freaking awesome armor and two axes. Throw in randomly generated maps, and characters that are wildly different means I will be playing this at least one more time (whenever I finish the Barbarian, that is, already about 30 hours in, probably half way through?). Super fun game. Sorry to the folks with bad internet connections. That does suck, and feel for you (I do not like this DRM type either), but when used in the environment Blizzard forces you to use it in, it is a kick butt game. Expand
  3. Jan 30, 2016
    Diablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep itDiablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep it fresh. Worth your time, especially at the current price. Expand
  4. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complainGreat game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  5. May 16, 2012
    Despite an initial hiccup with the login/game servers and a few bugs here and there, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to the series. The graphics are better than on-par for 2012, the skills are creative, the classes astounding, and the storyline entertaining.
  6. May 16, 2012
    This game spooked me like no game since the first Diablo has. The story is epic, the narrative well-integrated with gameplay, which is cutting edge for the genre. I know I'll be playing it for months to come.
  7. Fix
    May 21, 2012
    This game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected toThis game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected to the internet regardless. Also, playing solo isn't nearly as fun as playing in a group. Expand
  8. May 18, 2012
    I played both previous episodes and the 3rd one is no disappointment for me. Gorgeous graphics, beautiful music and very good gameplay. All of this enabled us and our friends to find the exact same pleasure as before when we allied to fight the forces of evil.

Even if there were some connections problems on 1st day, they disappeared on 2nd day.

Good job Blizzard
  9. Jul 31, 2012
    This game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generationsThis game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generations definately do not have the appreciation for the amount of work that these works of art take. Try playing what was out there 15-20 years ago. See how far we have come. But not to become sidetracked, I must address another very important element of the game and that is balance. The game is so refined, you can tell that they worked tirelessly to make a game that would provide for a lot of continuous play. I myself leveled up two characters, 1 monk and 1 wizard to the high 50's. However, at this point it became very very difficult. That is the reason why I made the Wizard. This would be the only downside that for many is an upside, which is the difficulty. I believe that a little more of a gradient curve is needed concerning difficulty so that players do not give up. Because one thing is for sure in the video game world, if you put down a game for more than 2 weeks there is a good chance that you won't be playing it much more in the future. Thats just the simple truth. Would I recommend this game? Of course, Dollar for Dollar I still don't think that there is a better purchase for lovers of classic dungeon crawling action. I am guilty of buying my cousin and my friend this game for gifts. Needless to say the gifting went over well.
    There is no denying that Blizzard still makes among the most polished games on the market, and I feel that we often come to expect perfection from them which is unrealistic. At some points games cannot live out all your fantasies in life. You have to get up out of the chair and walk outside.
  10. May 20, 2012
    TLDR: Great game, some release issues. Most polished, deep and captivating aRPG ever released. Will be hard for PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 or others to match this one. Not revolutionary in much, but everything it does have works and works EXTREMELY well.

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more: Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more:

Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before I get into Nightmare mode! This is an incredibly fun and addictive aRPG. A lot of depth that will not even become available to you until you are 20+ hrs into the game. I've only played it for 8 hrs but that was enough to get a feel for the barbarian class. If you like these kinds of games then this is more of the same with an added dash of love and awesomeness. The challenge does ramp up and yes it's a clickfest and gear stat driven game, but it works and the story is good enough to pull you along. Voice acting is spot on. Music is incredible. The amount of variation in level design and enemy design is VERY VERY good for how rich and detailed the game world is. especially compared to other aRPGs. I am knocking off 1 point for the painful release servers and another point for the annoying always-online DRM, but would quickly add back 1 point if the latency I was getting wasn't > 200 ms with some noticeable server stutter at times (this is more likely due to me being in Australia and having to play on 'the Americas' servers... than anything wrong with the netcode which seems fine. I actually hardly notice the latency except maybe once or twice an hour).

Auction house is very easy to use, has good search functionality and I was able to sell equipment and buy stuff that I wanted easily. Very fluid system. No issues. I think this adds great replayability and what not to the game. Also the ability to created socketed items and move the gems around is really nice as I'm no longer worried about breaking gems and losing things that took forever to earn. Also this is really good for creating alts as you'll be able to start them with a set of full socketed gear to give them a huge DPS advantage in the early levels and get through it quick.

Achievements are not normally my thing, but in a game like this they feel akin to the achievements in TF2, where you've always got something random to work towards and it's just another fun diversion during the chaos of battle.

Dungeon design - I am IN LOVE with the dungeon design. The worst dungeon design i have seen in my life was Dragon Age 2. Bioware, play this game, they have randomly generated dungeons with repeated art assets and I'm YET to feel like I'm in the same dungeon ever. Nailed it Blizzard! Halls of Agony were EXCELLENT.

Multiplayer - easy enough to get into, found my friends nicely. Works. No issues.

9/10.
  11. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is incredible. After 12 years of waiting, I can say without a hint of reservation that this is the one game I've played since Grand Theft Auto IV that has delivered. That being said, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. There have been a number of changes which may polarize diehard fans of the original, but that I think make for a more enjoyable experience. Diablo 3 is a cooperative game.Diablo 3 is incredible. After 12 years of waiting, I can say without a hint of reservation that this is the one game I've played since Grand Theft Auto IV that has delivered. That being said, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. There have been a number of changes which may polarize diehard fans of the original, but that I think make for a more enjoyable experience. Diablo 3 is a cooperative game. The loot system ensures that everyone gets their own drops. You know longer have to be the fastest clicker to get loot.

The combat is more interactive. You have a set of abilities to choose from that work like a toolkit. You can customize your character on the fly and choose abilities that work better with different classes.

For instance, I play a Barbarian. If I'm grouped with a lot of ranged, I'll use my AoE stuns, and taunts. I also plug in my defensive traits. If I'm running with other melee, I'll use my cleave abilities etc. If I'm soloing, I'll run offensive abilities.

The trait system is like Guild Wars. You have a set of abilities, up to six at any given time which you can swap in and out as well as some passive abilities that add things like extra crit, more health drops, etc.

Also, gone is the potion-spamming **** You can actually play this game. You don't just run into a group of enemies spamming pots, and praying you don't get gibbed. You can actually use your brain to solve problems.

You don't die as much. This isn't a bad thing. Diablo 2 was known for just kind of **** you every now and again. Diablo 3 will still **** you over, but only if you're a derp. In Diablo 3, you can actually use strategy to succeed as opposed to cookie cutter builds, must-have equipment, and button spam.

As for the red scores. I get it. Blizzard's servers were down on launch. They're up now. They're stable, and the game rocks. If you want to play the natural evolution of a genre-creating title, get Diablo 3. You won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for the same old, exploit-ridden derp-fest that is diablo 2. Then just buy Diablo 2. Also, if you want to skip all that real money auction house **** Play on Hardcore.
  12. May 22, 2012
    This game is a solid 8 out of 10. Nothing too innovative or amazing in terms of its deviation from Diablo 2. That being said, it is a really good game. To me, it's like having that first experience of playing Diablo 2 again, and I can tell the replay value will be high. The atmosphere is much more similar to the original diablo than D2... the music, the Gothic themes and maturity gives itThis game is a solid 8 out of 10. Nothing too innovative or amazing in terms of its deviation from Diablo 2. That being said, it is a really good game. To me, it's like having that first experience of playing Diablo 2 again, and I can tell the replay value will be high. The atmosphere is much more similar to the original diablo than D2... the music, the Gothic themes and maturity gives it a great feel. The graphics aren't amazing, but it works, anything more would cause lag or require a top of the line PC. It's more streamlined, somewhat more simple but there is a lot of room for having unique builds. I understand from these user reviews that there was a lot of trouble on release, but I bought it a week later and usually play 2-4 hours at a time nearly every day and haven't had a single error or bug. I think some people set their expectations way too high. Expand
  13. May 17, 2012
    The reviews that have come in so far are awfully repetitive. Like they've all been coached on the same OCD aspie game forum. The game, quite simply, isn't nearly a 3.8. Gamers will literally shoot down anything today, no matter how finely polished and well made. I don't think PC gamers deserve good games anymore. After the fiasco whiny gamers made in the wake of the Mass Effect 3The reviews that have come in so far are awfully repetitive. Like they've all been coached on the same OCD aspie game forum. The game, quite simply, isn't nearly a 3.8. Gamers will literally shoot down anything today, no matter how finely polished and well made. I don't think PC gamers deserve good games anymore. After the fiasco whiny gamers made in the wake of the Mass Effect 3 release, I finally get it; the games will never be good enough. The aspies will always complain. "Not enough ridiculous attributes and skill points for me to obsess over!" "I can't make my character look just like my furry acceptance forum avatar!" "People with lives, jobs and money can afford to participate in auctions that my horded lunch money can't match!"

This is insane. I've played the game as a Barbarian up to level 10 so far and it has been absolute blast. Diablo 3 is just like the old school dungeon crawlers where you just run around smashing skeletons and barrels and boosting your loot. That's it. So your screen isn't almost completely full of little buttons with unique spells or skills or whatever-the-hell. Who cares? It's a lot more fun that way for the rest of us "casuals", or basically 90% of the burgeoning game market.

And guess what? The "consoletards" that prefer a more streamlined, intense gaming experience are not wrong. The "decline" of PC gaming as seen by aspies who prefer clutter and lots of variables to obsess over, can easily be seen as a new era of awesome by those of us who prefer a cinematic experience without a lot of BS.

There are a few things that make me groan: the always-online DRM, the graphics are a little plain. But those things haven't hindered my experience wasting zombies en masse one bit. Get over yourselves, nerds.
  14. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clearSorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  15. May 18, 2012
    Is the perfect game. No other near in the Action/RPG. If you want a great PC game, Diablo III is de PC GOTY. A lot of people put 0 to this game. Those people is subjective.
  16. May 15, 2012
    As an avid D1/D2 player from release, this game is a worthy sequel. I have no clue what is persuading so many people to have such a raging tantrum. It's ridiculous.
  17. May 22, 2012
    Fantastic game. Great sequel and wrap-up of the Diablo story, excellent gameplay and artistic approach, and definite replayability (if that's a word lol).
  18. May 19, 2012
    Diablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a gameDiablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a game to rush through, but to savor and enjoy in small, delicious slices. People tend to forget that Diablo's charm lies in its own simplicity. People looking for anything other than compulsive clicking and looting should play different games, fortunately the world is full of alternatives. For me, Diablo III is what I wanted. Thanks Blizzard for sticking to the core of this franchise instead of trying to make it something else. Expand
  19. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that hasExcellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  20. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True,Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  21. Auz
    May 19, 2012
    I was at first put off by all the changes made, I had wondered to myself "could this be the same people that brought me D2?" but after putting in a liberal amount of time these initially depressing changes became welcome additions. I mean to be honest I loved the skill system in D2, I don't have the time these days to create multiple lvl 99's to fully enjoy a class. The combat is justI was at first put off by all the changes made, I had wondered to myself "could this be the same people that brought me D2?" but after putting in a liberal amount of time these initially depressing changes became welcome additions. I mean to be honest I loved the skill system in D2, I don't have the time these days to create multiple lvl 99's to fully enjoy a class. The combat is just as fun as ever, the story is just as awesome as ever, and the game plays wonderfully, the longest loading time I had to sit through was about 3 seconds.

Now the reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10.. when mousing over the skills they give you no details about what the ability does, there is no easy way to switch what abilities your using, and well as an older gamer I cannot support the DRM..
  22. Jun 26, 2012
    In order to give a non-biased review, a friend and I did a full D2 playthrough before buying D3, and I honestly don't see why everyone is so butthurt. D2 was a great game, one of my all time favorite and although D3 doesn't quite live up to that legend, it's still a pretty damn good game. The gameplay is solid, the physics on the enemies, the variety of ways each one dies and the "impact"In order to give a non-biased review, a friend and I did a full D2 playthrough before buying D3, and I honestly don't see why everyone is so butthurt. D2 was a great game, one of my all time favorite and although D3 doesn't quite live up to that legend, it's still a pretty damn good game. The gameplay is solid, the physics on the enemies, the variety of ways each one dies and the "impact" of each attack really makes the combat fun and engaging.

As far as server issues go, as a late buyer I've managed to avoid all the connection errors and lag that many pre-order players experienced. I've currently half way through nightmare, and the game has had no bugs, connection issues or other problems of that sort. Many welcome changes have been added to make the game less cumbersome. Many of you have referred to this as "dumbed down", but I for one am glad to see that the game is more user-friendly. Do i miss being able to spend points on my character to make them unique? No not really, because any player who is making a serious build will generally get the str and dex required for their gear and then dump the rest into vitality anyways. As far as skills go, being able to through points into each skill is nice, it's also quite fun to have access to every build without having to commit the entire character to one or another. The runes that modify the skills add a great amount of depth, allowing you to customize your skills to suit your playstyle.

Obviously however, I do have some complaints about the game. First of which, Normal mode is way too easy. I know inferno mode makes up for this (though it has issues as well), I felt like Normal mode was "here casual players, this is the storyline: have fun". It was so easy that I got a touch bored as I one shot entire groups of mobs with ease, never losing any health. Even Diablo himself was a pushover. Nerfs to certain classes and builds is also pretty annoying. Having built your character into a behemoth of destruction, only to have the core of your build nerfed into the ground is a real fun killer. The games storyline (outside of the awesome cutscenes) is rather bland, though I honestly wasn't too engaged in the D2 storyline either. Overall I think the game was well worth my money, and anyone giving this game anything under a 6 really had their hopes set too high. The game had bugs on release and some large nerfs went by, but any gamer worth a damn knows that a game of this scale is going to have some issues.
  23. May 17, 2012
    That's a great game, and all you haters aren't gonna change it. Flaws with connection to servers at start are fact, but now they are gone, and all it's left is old, good Diablo.
  24. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayerFor years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  25. May 15, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune systemThis is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune system from 2. The graphics engine is dated and inefficient, I wish they had put little more time into exploiting the high end hardware and maybe even DX11 support. I you Like DIablo 2 and Torchlight, you will love this. Expand
  26. May 16, 2012
    I find it amusing how everyone gave it horrible ratings because of opening night and not being able to log in. Was expected in my book. I absolutely love the game. The new skills are a change from Diablo 2, but I didn't come here to play Diablo 2's overpowered skill sets and I am not going to compare this game to World of Warcraft or Starcraft like the other idiots do.

Anyways, the

Anyways, the story is great so far and keeps me wanting to play more to see what happens. I like the flow of the game and the mechanics seem quite balanced. The graphics are not too shabby for a side scroll top down sorta thing mode and are improved slightly from the engine they used for Starcraft 2.

Overall, I am very pleased to have gotten my collectors edition and can't wait for any expansions to be following the D3 line or any other Blizzard game line. Keep up the good work and next time, be more prepared on opening night so you get better user rating :P
  27. May 17, 2012
    Simply put. This game is everything I could have hoped for! It still feels like Diablo while adding tones of new features! The servers went down the first two days, but I feel that should not impact the games over all quality or review. I have played hour and hours of it already and feel that it is one of the best games I have played in a long time.
  28. May 16, 2012
    This game has surpassed my expectations. It is gorgeous, sounds great, is ridiculously fun, and infinitely replayable. It is a much better multiplayer experience than D2. I don't know have anything to complain about except how it's going to monopolize all of my limited free time. Server overloads aside, it's been a flawless experience.
  29. May 27, 2012
    All you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit anyAll you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit any situation, though you will find that you will stick to a general build most of the time. It would be nice to have definable presets that you could switch between. I laugh at the haters on here whining about it getting boring after 50 hours... 50 HOURS!! that's already way more than you can expect to get out of the current line up of non-MMORPG blockbuster titles. Like any game, it isn't perfect but what it offers is worth every cent. Why break the mold if you're already onto a winner? Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    Tons of fun, a couple hiccups at launch but a really enjoyable game. I cant wait to bang my head against the wall in inferno. The changes in the skill system are good, saving up points was not a fun mechanic.
  31. May 18, 2012
    OK, this is a reworked review from the one I originally posted, although it is still a 10, it is a 10 with much more deserving. Let's begin by putting the horrors of the first two days behind us, and now that we are, for the most, able to login, the game plays very well, with some slight improvement on the latency, it would be fantastic...................Graphically the game is pleasingOK, this is a reworked review from the one I originally posted, although it is still a 10, it is a 10 with much more deserving. Let's begin by putting the horrors of the first two days behind us, and now that we are, for the most, able to login, the game plays very well, with some slight improvement on the latency, it would be fantastic...................Graphically the game is pleasing in the most part, and at some points quite amazing. I game on a 5 year old machine with a trusty old Q6600 cpu at 2.8ghz, just 4GB of DDR2 RAM, and an almost stock 6850 card. I play at 1920x1200 with everything on high but without anti-aliasing. I get 60 FPS pretty much everywhere, with a rare bit of stuttering which players on the very latest equipment are also reporting. I can turn on the AA, but I don't want to push my luck, and the game looks great without it anyway................... As far as audio is concerned, I didn't see much in the way of options for this apart from the usual sliders, I didn't see any settings to accomodate my 5.1 surround headphones, but I'll forgive Blizzard for that..............On to the gameplay. This is pretty much a tried and tested format as far as the basic mechanics go, and anyone who has played previous Diablo games or games like Titan Quest, and other games in the same vein over the years will feel comfortable with the "pick up and play" format that comes with isometric action RPGs........... The encounters in the game are decent enough with a wide variety of mob types, and the random element in the layout of various zones give you a refreshing crawl each time you play through them - and you will want to replay them as with the random layouts come random dungeons with various bosses in most of them. You will need to do these not only for the odd bit of XP grinding if you want to play that way, but also to complete the many, many achievements that come with the game for you to complete...................Last of all the storyline. It's a fairly common story for Diablo games, and your task is basically to destroy the devil to restore peace in the world. The story is told with a lot of panache and style, and you can get a feel for the lore by collecting the various journals lying around which are all fully fleshed out with vocals. Which is a good thing because some of the times you collect them you have no time to read the dialogue with it, and if I did have a gripe with this, then it is the fact that when you pick up a journal, a third of your screen is immediately taken up with the text which is being read out to you, which usually means you have to quickly close it down if you are in the middle of a tough fight...............................So, as far as giving the game a 10 out of 10 goes, well, in this day and age, what does it take to make a game a 10? quite a lot really, and even though the four acts the first time around will give you about 20-30 hours of gameplay for a player who wants to take everything in at a reasonable pace, repeating the game on nightmare and the subsequent crazy difficulty levels will have you coming back for more. Add to this an Auction House for you to trade your unwanted items, or to buy some yourself, provides even more excuses to waste your weekends behing your screen. Blizzard plan to go live with a real currency version of the Auction House in the coming couple of weeks, and you just know there will be people prepared to spend real money for some of the more sought after Legendary Items. So, enjoy the game and make a bit of cash on the side to boot! Lets just hope Blizzard make a few expansion packs like they did with previous incarnations to keep everyone happy..................Diablo 3 is here! It's been 12 years in hiatous, and its great! Go and buy it! Expand
  32. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  33. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  34. Nov 6, 2013
    All of the negative feedback for this game is a joke. I am an oldschool diablo 2 player and seriously diablo 3 just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Sure there are a few bugs sometimes, yet I am now on level 43 nightmare absolutely loving the online play in this game. It also go great guns single player.

Hurray blizzard.
  35. May 16, 2012
    I'd realistically rate it somewhere between an 8 or 9... I've played about three hours so far and it's very fun. Only got one error 37... Recommended.
  36. Mar 5, 2016
    I was never a dungeon crawler kind of gamer. I like my first person shooters and MMO style games. The third-person God view always disappointed me. I didn't get the way above the action combat. I really couldn't see the details I wanted to see and never felt like I was really "there". Then, by serendipity, I played Torchlight 2 and realized that a distant 3rd person dungeon crawler wasI was never a dungeon crawler kind of gamer. I like my first person shooters and MMO style games. The third-person God view always disappointed me. I didn't get the way above the action combat. I really couldn't see the details I wanted to see and never felt like I was really "there". Then, by serendipity, I played Torchlight 2 and realized that a distant 3rd person dungeon crawler was actually fun and you could see more details than expected. Somehow, life interfered and I kind of forgot about that fun. Then, after watching a "let's play" Diablo 3, my interest was rekindled. By luck, I discovered that Blizzard had a demo and I decided to try it. Here's the bottom line- when the demo ended, I I was "offered" the chance to buy the game if interested. I was so blown away by the game and the graphics, not only did I buy the game, I bought the Reapers of Soul expansion! I swear to God and Devil, I was hooked on Diablo! This game is really fun and the graphics are so awesomely detailed. I came in to this not a fan of this genre, and now I'm a Diablo addict- and completely into the dungeon crawler genre. Get this! Expand
  37. Nov 11, 2013
    Alright, it's time to redo my poor review of this game from a few years ago!

Alright, it's time to redo my poor review of this game from a few years ago!

Alright, Diablo 3 upon launch was a highly controversial game, probablly more so than others. The auction house, always online connection, and numerous changes to the classic formula caused a massive uproar. Even to this day, the uproar is scary and still apparent, with none of the reviews being revised or changed, with many accounts on here clearly made just to give this game an absurd 0 through 2 rating. I hardly consider Diablo 3 to be as bad as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on Nintendo or E.T. for the Atari. Tons of games back then had bugs or glitches that were never fixed for obvious reasons, and the huge deluge of players simply was too much for Blizzard's servers to handle when it comes to Diablo 3. It's been a couple of years now, it's time to stop hating on this game, everybody.

Whether you love it or hate it, Diablo 3's greatest strength is the fluent, visceral gameplay. Ragdoll physics enable enemies to be brutally butchered in a myriad of ways, with tons of gore and fluent attacks/abilities that chain together seemlessly unlike Torchlight 1, Torchlight 2, or Path of Exile which feel stiff or awkward.

Diablo 3's excellent action is accentuated by an awesome, in depth ability system, with room for customization for each ability thanks to "Runes". I find it rather laughable when people constantly whine about "wanting to choose a spec" when they technically can do that now anyway with said abilities or runes. You see, there is a reason for why the ability bar is restricted, and this is to make it more tactical. If given too much freedom (which you can have by turning on the ability to customize the action bar completely), almost every player would choose only the most damaging or "best" abilities. Is this really "fun" to you? If you play online, is it really cool or fun to see everybody using the same god damn abilities over and over again?

While I am on the subject, there is also no reason for there to be a skill "tree" anymore because it can condensed, visually, into something like Diablo 3's current ability system. In many ways, it has the same damn depth as a skill tree, with a lot of room to change. You don't have to change anyway, you can keep your skills as they are now, but having the option to respec is always nice! Also, while I am at it, there is no point to stat points anymore. Each class benefits from EVERY stat now, with Strength giving more armor, Agility adding dodge chance, Intelligence adding elemental resistance (very valuable), and Stamina always important as it adds Health. So, the only real issue is having the classes get more damage output from one stat and one stat only. This is a real problem that hurts the game, but not fatally like all the negative reviews think.

The auction house, well, is about to get removed permanently. Now listen carefully: SOME PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE AH BEING REMOVED. Are you people never pleased?! Seriously, what is going on here? People were complaining about auction house woes one second, and now suddenly people are crying about it being removed soon! Gosh darn it! What I think about the auction house is that in concept, it was a good idea. But, the classic Diablo 2 spirit lies in players trading items to eachother in person, rather than anonymously buying stuff on an auction house. It's a controversial feature that is getting removed pretty soon, which will improve the desire to get good loot from drops alone!

The always online connection. Well, if you have an Internet connection to complain about how Diablo 3 sucks so bad for so long, then why complain about the always online connection? The game was meant to be played with friends or other people. Are you so anti social that you always want to play on your own? Which is the reason to have offline play anyway. But, I don't see why this is a huge problem. I am trying to think long and hard about it... but the only thing I can think of is the always online connection causing game lag and rubberbanding when going solo or playing with others. Which has MOSTLY been fixed, at least for now. As I've said, if you have an online connection very often and rarely get disconnected, then there is no reason to complain about an always online connection. You are able to connect often anyway!

The story. The story in Diablo 3 is CLASSIC Blizzard Entertainment stuff. I do not see how or why it is any different than Diablo 2 or 1. We had cackling villains with loud speeches in THOSE GAMES as well, so what's so bad about the new bad guys? The only reason I hate the story in Diablo 3 is that the villains NEVER GIVE UP, but that's because they are arrogant demons! They do not know defeat! The voice acting is excellent on the main characters as well, and the male Barbarian is just a BADASS overall. So, really, what's the problem?

The visual style. Um, who cares? Moving on!

Anyway, that's all I have to say about Diablo 3.
  38. May 19, 2012
    The irony is that none of the raged nerds that's giving this game zero points wouldn't be able to show us a better action-rpg. Blizzard nailed this game by making D2 more fun, more convenient and more polished. I remember being bored sh*tless when I was trying to clear act 2 & 3's massive emptiness maps in D2. No map feels boring in this game. It's flowing seamlessly. Loot is out of thisThe irony is that none of the raged nerds that's giving this game zero points wouldn't be able to show us a better action-rpg. Blizzard nailed this game by making D2 more fun, more convenient and more polished. I remember being bored sh*tless when I was trying to clear act 2 & 3's massive emptiness maps in D2. No map feels boring in this game. It's flowing seamlessly. Loot is out of this world. Comparisons are much more easier. Witch Doctor is hilarious and crazy fun to play with. It's simply the best action-rpg there is and even angry nerds will tell you they're currently playing D2 or Torchlight 2, you'll know they're secretly playing D3 and loving it. Expand
  39. Mar 4, 2014
    Since Loot 2.0 this game is cracking good fun. It took a while (perhaps too long) to iron out the creases. The haters gonna hate. But it is now close to perfection. I still can lose hours to it no worries.
  40. May 17, 2012
    This is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, inThis is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, in this modern day, a sequel is no more than an expansion with a high-res texture pack in the guise of a sequel. Since it seems the industry is committed to this formula, here is Diablo III, doing the same things it predecessors did but with a few more features and more glitz. In this sense, it is perfect. However, there was a time where this game would have had to be much more than it is. Expand
  41. Oct 13, 2012
    After 100 hours with my demon hunter i just can say that Diablo 3 is an awesome game that some nerds hate. everything that makes a good game is there but some decisions like DRM or the loot system for lvl 60 players are just crap, i'm glad that blizzard is fixing these issues, when they polish the game we may be can call Diablo 3 one of the best games on pc history
  42. Sep 25, 2012
    Passable as a game, but certainly the downsides hurt every aspect of it. The auction house means you're just grinding for gold to buy better items than you'll ever find, and of course you're stuck with it always being there since always-on DRM doesn't let you play offline. Just play Torchlight 2 if you want the true successor since those are the devs that made Diablo and Diablo 2 anyway.
  43. Feb 12, 2013
    If I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel thatIf I walked into this game with expectations based on Blizzards earlier titles I would probably give this a 3. The singleplayer campaign is kind of boring and you can predict a lot of it. The re-run to get to the harder difficulties did feel like a chore at times. I really like the loot however, I like the player base (run in ignore everyone kill and run out). The game didn't feel that randomized to me as well, it did feel like I was playing the same game all three times I played it. The point of these games is the loot and what you can do with it. Blizzard nailed that IMO. Expand
  44. May 23, 2012
    Fantastic game. Beautiful graphics, story, voice acting and gameplay. Less than perfect due to the DRM affecting ongoing gameplay (network lag when I'm playing single player... seriously?).

These zero scores make me laugh.
  45. May 15, 2012
    I'd give this a 10, but the launch problems and mandatory login for single player knocked it down a peg. You can mix and match your skills and runes, so no worries about terrible permanent builds and rerolling as a result. The graphics have a beautiful, watercolor style. Smooth animations, though weapons aren't included for some classes (Monk). Consistent performance from solo to groupI'd give this a 10, but the launch problems and mandatory login for single player knocked it down a peg. You can mix and match your skills and runes, so no worries about terrible permanent builds and rerolling as a result. The graphics have a beautiful, watercolor style. Smooth animations, though weapons aren't included for some classes (Monk). Consistent performance from solo to group play. Grouping up is a cinch, but we're left with decades-old comm choices. Just the same old numpad gestures and chat channels. Solid voice acting and powerful score, though the story is not as important as the rest of the game's pieces. The game started with a stumble, but it feels like smooth sailing now. Expand
  46. May 16, 2012
    Most of these reviews are just rubbish. Yes, there are issues with server demand and yes, the requirement for a constant internet connection feels unwarranted. But the game itself deserves a far higher score than what is being represented here. The visual and audio style is perfect and the gameplay is very solid. Any fan of the Diablo series should find plenty of value here for their money.
  47. May 19, 2012
    just to clarify,this is diablo,it feels exactly the same,you'll hate it at the end of the night and then load it up first thing next day,(although some bosses actually require you to move the player about).good choice of characters and lots of drops,only bad thing to say is graphics are a bit underwhelming but if you like diablo 2 you will enjoy.

also reeading reviews i thought it would

also reeading reviews i thought it would be a totally linear follow a track on smal maps,this isnt true,the cathederal is bigger than any diablo 2 map.
  48. May 19, 2012
    This is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like noThis is a great action RPG. Here is why it is good: 1) Gameplay: The gameplay is fast and easy to pick up. There is a strategy involved and you don't have to be a complete toolbag about micromanaging all of the stats for your character. 2) Setting: The creators of this game have kept to the same kind of setting you found with the first game. Its dark and oozes with character like no other game world I've known. The graphics are fantastic as well. 3) The Classes and the Loot: I really like the classes Diablo3 has. Sure, you get the classic Mage, Archer, Warrior type classes but these classes just look really cool and the armour sets are so varied it is insane. It take a lot for me to give a game a 9 but I am really enjoying it. The only thing I would complain about is that it is a very non-open world, but this is really just sticking with the same formula from past Diablo games. Also, in past Diablo games the dungeons were randomly generated which I thought was cool and added to the re-playability. I honestly don't know what all of these haters are thinking. The game is fun, stop nit picking and just chill and play the game. Blizzard has done a wonderful job with the game...video game expert and newbies can play this game which is really great from a marketing standpoint and makes it fun for everyone. Not everybody is a 16 hour a day WoW player, give me a break. Expand
  49. May 16, 2012
    First of all, I played diablo 1 for some half hour, and didn't play diablo 2 at all. That's because I really dislike hack and slash games. And then Diablo 3 happened to me, since I play wow and they simply gave it for free for 1 year subscribers. That was first plus in my book. When I finally started 1 hour after 00.00 (yes, everyone tries to connect, and blizz aint gonna spend 3x moreFirst of all, I played diablo 1 for some half hour, and didn't play diablo 2 at all. That's because I really dislike hack and slash games. And then Diablo 3 happened to me, since I play wow and they simply gave it for free for 1 year subscribers. That was first plus in my book. When I finally started 1 hour after 00.00 (yes, everyone tries to connect, and blizz aint gonna spend 3x more money just for players to be able to log on in the 1st hour of launch. On that note, I don't understand the drm runt, you knew its gonna be there, you knew theres gonna be problem in first few days with servers. Blizz doesnt support piracy and actually is investing some money to fight it), pluses just kept showing in my book. Story, lore and dialogues are very good. Its par with much more serious titles, not just hack and slash (bear in mind that I didn't play dibalo 1 and 2). Graphic is not top notch technically, but artistic impression is fantastic. When you're playing multiplayer, and when you gain some levels, and when you came across some 50 monsters with their abilities, its explosion of colors (in good way) from spells, abilities, blood and gore... excellent, and without any graphical hickups.
    there's also good deal of side dungeons (that are not connect to main quest). Another good thing is when you logoff, and then back on later everything resets except main story. Dungeons are not where they used to be (if they are there at all, but there can also be more dungeons than last time), layout is not the same etc., so this adds a lot to replayability . All in all, as someone who didn't play diablo before, and someone who doesn't like hack and slash at all, I have only words of praise for this title. Blizzard didn't disappoint me (again :)). I would give it 9, but seeing all this nerd rage, it's 10, this game deserves much more than 3.6 average
  50. May 20, 2012
    I'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtimeI'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtime on release day). Further, I'm having a ball! I love this game. It's total fun, and my friends (who are old-time Diablo game players) are loving it, too. I really think the complainers are in a very small minority. Kudos to Blizzard for another incredibly good game! Expand
  51. May 21, 2012
    Really great game. Blizzard have managed to create a game with the gameplay from the second game, and the mood from the first. Only have positive things to say about the game. I see a lot of flaming about downtime etc, but what the hell do people expect? To the flamers that expected 100% uptime after launch, grow some balls and try to understand the issues related to a release thisReally great game. Blizzard have managed to create a game with the gameplay from the second game, and the mood from the first. Only have positive things to say about the game. I see a lot of flaming about downtime etc, but what the hell do people expect? To the flamers that expected 100% uptime after launch, grow some balls and try to understand the issues related to a release this massive. It isnt the latest version of solitare. Great game, great story, awesome overall. Ty Blizzard! Expand
  52. May 20, 2012
    The DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and fourThe DRM doesn't bother me -- who isn't online as soon as they boot up their computer? No one, that's who. We need protection from hackers, especially if we're to have a decent in-game economy. One thing that bugs me is the red outline of any mouseovered npc. The story is terrible, the voice-acting terrible... but it's Diablo 3. The item hunt is on. An incredible variety of skills and four difficulty levels and billions of items make for a fantastic game. Diablo 2's failure was that most items were bad, most skills and builds were bad, and online everything was hacked. Diablo 3 has none of those problems. Incredibly disgusting monsters, frightening gangs made chilling by fantastic music and environment. This is a game that will draw you in, if you let it. Expand
  53. May 15, 2012
    I love this game! The art direction the feel and the flavor of the characters is spot on. The story so far has been masterfully told and I find the game is very immersive and hard to put down once you have started. I have not yet used the auction house. I probably will dabble it it a little in the coming days.

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a half hours and while that does reflect poorly on Blizzard it is not related to how I score the game. Knowing Blizzard, by the time you read this, server issues will be sorted and we'll enjoy years of trouble free entertainment.
  54. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. Everything about it is a complete improvement over Diablo 2. This game is far more balanced than Diablo 2 ever was. Plus, the difficulty is fun as HELL. Normal mode is a walk in the park, but once you get to Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, the game really starts to kick your ass. The story is nothing radical or great, but it is a clear continuation of the Diablo 1 and 2This game is great. Everything about it is a complete improvement over Diablo 2. This game is far more balanced than Diablo 2 ever was. Plus, the difficulty is fun as HELL. Normal mode is a walk in the park, but once you get to Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, the game really starts to kick your ass. The story is nothing radical or great, but it is a clear continuation of the Diablo 1 and 2 story, and that's all I'll say about the story.
    The graphical style, cinematics, and armor and weapon designs are all far better than Diablo 2's (in my opinion), and the only complain I have is that servers can be laggy even when you're playing alone. Hopefully Blizzard will fix this in time.
  55. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.
    When you Score the

When you Score the Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay
  56. May 17, 2012
    This is just sad; not the game. But these Laymen critics giving D3 0,1,2,3 scores. But you read through them, and i have, not one of them actually rate the game, but rating Blizzard as a company and their shortcomings on the releasedate. "i can't play my game on the releasedate as promised by Blizzard...boohoo..."
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"
    With that being said; i really like
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"

With that being said; i really like this game (THE GAME! Not Blizzard). Ok, the story may lack a little something, but that i can look passed! I like the fact, that i don't need to make more than one character of the same class to try out all the skills. I like the newest feature, the auction house, which is playerbased and not a third party based. And the fact that each class has both a male and female hero/heroine.
    The skilltree is gone - lovely! No more restrictions on that part.
    The sound and graphics are beautiful!
  57. May 15, 2012
    This game is perfect in very aspect, the cinematics are incredible the graphics are amazing , its the best hack'n'slash of all time, try it and you will love it
  58. May 15, 2012
    Why so many Negative reviews? Just because they changed it to be more user friendly and more entertaining? Sad to see the people give up on it totally and give it a 0, O wait, they are probably still playing it with their grumpy attitude. Sorry to say but if you want to review a game, at-least give it your best and don't only point out the things you think should not have been removedWhy so many Negative reviews? Just because they changed it to be more user friendly and more entertaining? Sad to see the people give up on it totally and give it a 0, O wait, they are probably still playing it with their grumpy attitude. Sorry to say but if you want to review a game, at-least give it your best and don't only point out the things you think should not have been removed without not giving at-least some Positive feedback.

I give it an 8.

I overall like the graphics, the gameplay and how user friendly they made the game! It may be downgraded a bit for that part but oh well, it is still enjoyable.

The only problems I see so far that most people(not the sore raters) see is the lack of character customization and the server's launch problems but that isn't too big of a issue, they WILL get it fixed and working in no time!
  59. Jun 25, 2012
    I could almost swear that there's been a covertly organized smear campaign against this game by some user reviewers. You know something's odd when there's such a huge disparity between the pro and user review averages. Yes, of course the haters will claim that's because the pro reviewers are bought off-- but this is a really unusual disparity.

Diablo III isn't perfect by most

Diablo III isn't perfect by most standards, but so is practically everything in the universe. It's a really well-developed and polished product technically. The graphics are deliberately painterly, almost even impressionistic, in places, and that's not for everyone. The sound and voice acting are exceptional. The biggest flaw, for me, is the story: it's very cliche. Some of the dialogue is good (and very funny) but some is surprisingly juvenile. What really matters about this game, though, is combat and replayability. The combat system is extremely rewarding, as long as you're willing to try a variety of different setups. The six active ability setup is almost infinitely better than Diablo 2. As for replayability, well I've "only" played about 175-200 hours I guess and it gets a bit old sometimes, briefly; but geez people-- this is a game, not a full-time occupation... There are some balance issues, of course, but Blizzard is addressing them. If anyone thinks that they could do a better job of balancing a game (and its loot) with this many variables, I'm sure they're welcome to try. Also, if anyone still seriously thinks they should be given the ability to MIS-assign character statistics, I don't even know what to say. It was a bold and very smart move for Blizzard to remove the illusory choice of skill points. There's still plenty of opportunity to mess up your gear and your actual combat-ready statistics, if that's important to you.

The biggest remaining hurdle for Diablo 3, in my opinion, is for Blizzard to continue balancing skills until more builds are viable in deep Inferno territory. Otherwise, I think it'll have lots of staying power for people who don't already dislike it for whatever reasons. It's not an MMO and won't receive as many updates, until an XP. But it's very fun and replayable if you're open-minded about its similarities and differences from predecessors in the top-down action rpg tradition.
  60. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 got so much love, it's fun. Just few seconds and you are already in action. You can never get bored. The graphic is polished, always a delight of colours and lights. You can choose to level up your crafting skill, but it's not mandatory.
    If there is a little bad point is the chat not visible while not playing. I loved chatting in D2 or WC3 while out of the battle, I don't get why they changed it.
  61. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better.
    Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  62. PL3
    May 20, 2012
    Drm is sh1t.

Still, this game is awesome. Level desing awesome, a lot of replay value, good story line, cinematic are just crazy, the gameplay is good, I wanna see the future of this game so bad. I dont like the fact that you have to leave your game to check the AH, then go back in a game and lost your MF Bonus. 4 players is perfect. I just can't imagine 8 players play in the same game.
    Drm is sh1t.

I was septical first because i'm a big fans of the diablo series, but now I will be a fans forever and ever.

9 is a good note, connection issue at the launch was freaking stupid but the game is great so. I hate people here say crap because they can't play for like 3 hours. Stop crying you noobs.
  63. May 16, 2012
    Looks like the ragemeters are rising...Trolls abound and impatient people who cant wait a few days to iron out the kinks migrating from a SMALL BETA TO A LARGE, RECORD-BREAKING SALES OF GAMERS CONNECTING TO THE SERVERS!
  64. May 16, 2012
    The graphics and audio are good, the game is fun to play. The game is well balance and I will replay it Diablo 3 several time like I did for 1 and 2, good job !!!
  65. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are appliedDiablo 3 is the Serious Sam of RPGs. You, the player will be bombarded relentlessly with masses demons, the graphics are pristine and the levels are well designed and variant, the skill system offers multiple combinations (so there always something different to try )and the game play is fluid and exhilarating. However.. You now level up in a predetermined manner, your stats are applied automatically unlike it 's predecessor Diablo 2. Having to be online to play results in the occasional connection problems

.... So in conclusion i give diablo 3 [ 8/10] ... worth buying but i still prefer Diablo 2
  66. May 18, 2012
    Now Being in Hell, I feel I can finally write my thoughts on this game. I will not cover the DRM, since it is a well known issue.

The game, when elective mode and the advanced tooltips are active, is a very deep and intuitive system. The runes allow each skill to behave in multiple ways, effectively making your skill tree have MANY MANY more options than Diablo 3. The combat is very satisfying, the mobs are much more intelligent , requiring strategics to defeat, as simple move spamming will kill you in an instant. They will easy wall you and put molten death under your feet. Despite what people say, it is not an easy game. Yes normal is easy, but it was in Diablo 2 as well. If you understand the Lore, the story of this game is very well done, and provides a very enjoyable experience. My only complaint is the disappearance of the old style MP games, instead of this matchmaking.

67. May 15, 2012
    Most of the bad reviews seem to be because you can't cheat through this game or pirate it. Boohoo! Game is great, even with my bad internet connection. Gets a little laggy at times and at first I was a bit disappointed at the required internet connection, but if it stops cheating and pirating of the game I really couldn't care less. Cash auction house is great addition, EQ2 did it for aMost of the bad reviews seem to be because you can't cheat through this game or pirate it. Boohoo! Game is great, even with my bad internet connection. Gets a little laggy at times and at first I was a bit disappointed at the required internet connection, but if it stops cheating and pirating of the game I really couldn't care less. Cash auction house is great addition, EQ2 did it for a few years, and people are going to sell their stuff for real money illegally anyways, so this is an outstanding fix. Quit crying because you can't cheat! Expand
  68. May 15, 2012
    Beware of TL2 and hater Trolls that try to make D3 less than what it is, a great game!!!

D3 surpasses D1 and D2 in nearly every way with nostalgia blinding many fans.The rest of the negative trolls are pissed off because the D3 servers are down due to insane demand and bug fixes on day 1!!! Gamers are laughs!
  69. May 25, 2012
    Diablo 3 definitely has some issues, such as connection issues. Lag in single player. No talent trees, and a fairly linear experience but past all of that is a well crafted game with lots of detail and is chalked full of interesting environments and characters to take the roles of. As a fan of Diablo 2 its a worthy successor to the Diablo series, if not a bit linear and it may not the theDiablo 3 definitely has some issues, such as connection issues. Lag in single player. No talent trees, and a fairly linear experience but past all of that is a well crafted game with lots of detail and is chalked full of interesting environments and characters to take the roles of. As a fan of Diablo 2 its a worthy successor to the Diablo series, if not a bit linear and it may not the the mind-blowing, genre defining experience we all expected, there is lots of hack and slash fun to have here. One cool feature is that anybody who is accompanying you in battle like a follower have interesting things to say and talk to your character, making them feel alive and believable. Not just mindlessly following you around. One of the worst parts of the game is constantly having to be connected to the internet to play the game. It is ridiculous that i need to online to play a single player game! What if i go on a trip and i want to take my laptop and play on the way or something? Im just not going to be able to and ill have to deal with it even though its a SINGLE player game, although you can play the game with random people online or your friends so thats good. Overall Diablo 3 is a great hack and slash RPG that is one of the best games to come out this year. Expand
  70. May 18, 2012
    I find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter isI find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter is Diablo 3 is an extremely fun, highly polished game that's oozing with quality in all aspects of it's design. Expand
  71. May 15, 2012
    Game's fun as **** Played through Act 1 with 2 friends, taking it kinda slow it took us about 3 hours, but people have work so we'll be starting up again later this evening - can't wait to get back into it!
  72. May 21, 2012
    OK, first off, ignore the bad user review. All of those people are complaining because of DRM, launch day server issues and inferiority for Diablo 2, not to do with the game at all.

The game runs very smoothly, and while the graphics aren't ground-breaking, the effects are nice looking and the game generally looks very good. The sound and the story, and especially the multiplayer functions are also very good.

The game is just fun. while it may not be as in-depth Diablo 2, it's still a great game, with a lot of replayability
  73. May 17, 2012
    Having a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those whoHaving a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those who feel like they can give a game a zero just to whine and complain. Expand
  74. May 17, 2012
    I played through hardcore on my first run through and had an absolute blast. The story was engaging despite being pleasantly cheesy at times. The boss fights were often challenging even in the first Act. More importantly, it was just plain fun.

If you're a fan of hack and slash RPGs and love the retro isometric view, you'll love Diablo 3. Also, for the record, please take all the reviews

Also, for the record, please take all the reviews on May 15th with a grain of salt. That was release day so these reviewers either did not play the game, or had barely progressed through it. There is no way they could give an honest review.
  75. Oct 4, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a fun game that lasts a few hundred hours. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because compared to other loot games I've played, it is the best. Better than Borderlands, Torchlight, and in my opinion, better than Diablo 2, it is the best loot game available right now. On paper it doesn't seem like that should be true. After all, there is very little "actual" content in D3. TheDiablo 3 is a fun game that lasts a few hundred hours. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because compared to other loot games I've played, it is the best. Better than Borderlands, Torchlight, and in my opinion, better than Diablo 2, it is the best loot game available right now. On paper it doesn't seem like that should be true. After all, there is very little "actual" content in D3. The story is absolutely terrible, level design is average, and there aren't that many weapon/armor portraits. But what made me want to come back is the gameplay. Beating inferno with a wizard is reasonably challenging, and also a completely different experience from beating it with a witch doctor. So even though I ran through the same content, the game still provided new and interesting challenges when I played with a different class. Also, the gameplay (when your internet is working) is absolutely flawless. You will not find a more polished feeling than in Diablo 3.

I also really appreciate the apparent care with which Blizzard has been patching the game. It's already a less frustrating, more interesting game than it was in May, and future patches along with the big pvp patch should make it even better. It would have been nice if some stuff was fixed beforehand, but honestly it's a little unreasonable to expect Blizzard to foresee every balancing issue that has arisen.
    All that said, do not get this game if you play games more for the world-experience or story, because you'll see everything there is to see in 20 hours and it won't even be that great. If, however, you're like me and appreciate gameplay more than anything else, you'll probably enjoy Diablo 3. I doubt it's anybody's favorite game ever, but it's worth $60.
  76. May 30, 2012
    Having played through all character types on normal, I have to say this game feels very close to the original games in terms of gameplay, story and audio quality, okay so the leveling and buffs system is all new but it seems to work pretty well and the auction house is handy for folk that can't be bothered with grinding for that "perfect fit" gear.

Personally I never suffered any timeout

Personally I never suffered any timeout or lost saves or server issues whether in solo or co-op modes but can appreciate how crappy that would be due to its drm method which is a bit over the top, also the huge price by PC game standards (Most games are £25 on release these days, but thankfully I only paid £20 for my D3 2 days after release so can't moan there either).

Will Torchlight 2 be better? who knows but I'll be buying that as well since it's dirt cheap and has most of the missing stuff PC gamers demand.
  77. May 16, 2012
    Let me get the controversial things out of the way first. Hundreds of people on here gave this game a 0/10 for a number of reasons: You have to be online to play, DRM, and the Real Money Auction House.

The people complaining about the always online/DRM thing have a point, but I personally don't mind that much. Diablo is a game best played online anyway and as far as DRM goes, there has been worse. At least you aren't limited to how many computers you can install the game on and you don't have to jump through hoops to download it. You just can only play on one computer at a time. Unlike most DRM, this doesn't punish people who purchased the game legally. Yes, it meant that servers were overburdened during the midnight release, but since then, it hasn't really been a problem.

As for the Real Money Auction House, yes it allows for people to "buy power". However, this was going to happen anyway, as Diablo II showed us. There were still going to be people who would put up Diablo III items on eBay or on other auction websites. Up until now, Blizzard has wasted a ton of effort trying to put a stop to this practice, but they've just accepted that they can't. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Additionally, if this new system works, Blizzard can keep Diablo III running without implementing subscriptions.

Now, I can imagine people disliking these things, but as I said in my Portal 2 review, these aren't good enough reasons to rate a game a 0/10.

0/10 should be reserved for the worst game you could imagine. Can you imagine a worse game than Diablo III? Yes? Then it doesn't deserve a 0/10. You might argue that you gave it a 0/10 for being "unplayable", but what you really mean is that it was unplayable for the first hour or so it was live. Get over it.

As for my feelings on the game, I think that it's a worthy successor to the series. It's not perfect. I do wish that you could play the game offline and just went online to verify your Battle.net account once. Playing single player online seems like a waste. I also feel like the skill system is way too streamlined.

I think the presentation is vastly improved this time around. All of the characters talk and it feels more natural than ever before. I think Blizzard took a few cues from Bioware games and Bioshock. The flow of the game is a lot smoother.

The dungeon crawling can be a bit repetitive and so far it isn't very challenging. Perhaps it's because I'm still on Normal difficulty or because I've played Diablo games for most of my life, but health orbs drop way too often and I haven't died once yet. I'm hoping the difficulty curve ramps up significantly.

The environment effects are cool and occasionally useful. The story is compelling and intelligent. The combat is a lot of fun. The bad guys have a lot of variety. The artisan/crafting system is very robust, even if it doesn't have the cool element of discovery that Diablo II had (I still think the Horadric Cube partially inspired the crafting table in Minecraft).

It isn't a perfect game, but it is a very good game and it always bothers me when whining children on Metacritic spam overly-negative reviews just because of one or two aspects of a game that they collectively dislike and they want to "send a message" by bombing the Metacritic score.

Sorry to say it, but if you care enough about a game to buy it at midnight on a weekday and then rage about it on Metacritic, you probably like it more than you'd care to admit. You may be frustrated with the game, and that's fine and should be accounted for in your reviews, but frustration implies that you want to love the game, but these issues get in the way of that (kind of like with ME3). And is a bit of frustration with an otherwise great game enough to give it a 0/10? I personally don't think so.
  78. May 28, 2012
    Maybe not as good as Diablo II & LoD but an excellent game anyway and i'm a hardcore fan !
    But i understand some critics by the players, game is easy in normal mode but there is some challenge in Nightmare mode. Drops are good (even if i never found a legendary drop). The game is done FOR the multiplayer.
  79. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it andThis game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it and play the game without complaining, you might actually enjoy it. Expand
  80. May 16, 2012
    Game itself easily deserves a 10/10, no glitches that ive noticed, its not too 'in depth', just allows you to get on and play. Storyline isnt the most engrossing but it manages what it does well enough. Only scored it 9/10 for its rediculas DRM. Always online is fine, assuming you have enough server capicity to handle the load, which Blizzard clearly didn not come launch day. +1 day onGame itself easily deserves a 10/10, no glitches that ive noticed, its not too 'in depth', just allows you to get on and play. Storyline isnt the most engrossing but it manages what it does well enough. Only scored it 9/10 for its rediculas DRM. Always online is fine, assuming you have enough server capicity to handle the load, which Blizzard clearly didn not come launch day. +1 day on however and things seem to be quickly improving.

A solid 9/10 overall, very impressed with what ive seen so far.
  81. May 22, 2012
    All these low scores are retarded. The game isnt meant to be a graphical power house, blizzard went for the gritty dark art and did it nicely. The game Is an 8 out of 10 for me. It has the core diablo elements great loot with great mobs and great co-op with friends. Look at all these 0's they all rehash things weve known about for YEARS. I dont like "Online only" but i understand why theyAll these low scores are retarded. The game isnt meant to be a graphical power house, blizzard went for the gritty dark art and did it nicely. The game Is an 8 out of 10 for me. It has the core diablo elements great loot with great mobs and great co-op with friends. Look at all these 0's they all rehash things weve known about for YEARS. I dont like "Online only" but i understand why they had to do it with real money being floated around there. The story is just ok, alot of the story could be seen coming from a mile away. 2 out of the 4 boss fights are anti-climactic, and i would say the crafting as it stands now is useless. However its a great game with great co-op and its diablo. Expand
  82. May 15, 2012
    Why I do agree the Always On DRM is crap, Diablo 3 itself is a great game. I haven't had a single issue logging in or playing. This game feels much longer than Diablo 2 or 1 and feels much more complex. Take the negative scores with a grain of salt. Yes, every launch has a rocky start.
  83. May 16, 2012
    Great game! Graphic is neat - not because of high polygons, particle effect and anty-aliasing **** Game looks awesome even on low deails - beacuse o 3d grapics and 2d elemnts - plus brilliant use of perspective. This game wont get old in next couple of years. Gamplay is fun and progresively more challenging. Co-op is a heart of the game, and game forces players to use theri heads andGreat game! Graphic is neat - not because of high polygons, particle effect and anty-aliasing **** Game looks awesome even on low deails - beacuse o 3d grapics and 2d elemnts - plus brilliant use of perspective. This game wont get old in next couple of years. Gamplay is fun and progresively more challenging. Co-op is a heart of the game, and game forces players to use theri heads and tactics often.

Customisation is great, many viable builde, not only 2-3 ways to spend the points to gest best build... And if you get bored - you change it almost instantly. Story wasn't the important part of Diablo 1 & 2 and even hack'n'slash genre - but in diablo 3 the improved it a lot. All dialogs are read by actors, so you wont get lost in the middle of the game. And the story itself is pretty intresting.

I had small amounts of DRM - related problems, i belive they disappear in couple of days. I like the idea of on-line game, taht you can almost instantly join your friends, with real mony AH (which i can pay for blizz games) and the patches - because i belive that blizzard will work a lot to improve user experience. Worth all the money, dont listen to impatient hater kids. I was playnig thidty minutes after midnight (only couple of times had error 37) and no problems after that.
  84. Dec 28, 2012
    I personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. TheI personally enjoyed this a lot for the time I played it. It's not as addictive and re-playable as Diablo 2, and it doesn't offer the variety of environments and loot to be found in it's biggest competitor Torchlight 2, but it's still very well done. Most of the complaints I hear are either technical issues that have been resolved or players disagreeing with specific new mechanics. The worst of them is the introduction of the Auction House that makes it too easy to get much better loot by cash or gold purchase instead of earning it through gameplay like it was in D2 and like it is in Torchlight 2. The difficulty has clearly been tweaked around the idea that the game has to be challenging for people who will buy the best gear right at the beginning of Inferno, and that crippled the game's playability for those wanting to do it the old fashioned way. I think any ARPG fan will have fun up to Inferno difficulty regardless. It's just up to you if it's worth tolerating the problems after that point, but you've already played through the story multiple times to get that far. Expand
  85. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game. Diablo 3 has set the bar once again for the dungeon runner genre. Not only is the click, click, loot mechanics extremely responsive and tight but it's sweeping change in how abilities are unlocks and chosen makes this great innovation to the genre. Going from level 1 - 60 you are given at least 1 new ability to try out at no expense to the player. This allows forAmazing game. Diablo 3 has set the bar once again for the dungeon runner genre. Not only is the click, click, loot mechanics extremely responsive and tight but it's sweeping change in how abilities are unlocks and chosen makes this great innovation to the genre. Going from level 1 - 60 you are given at least 1 new ability to try out at no expense to the player. This allows for customization throughout multiple play-throughs of the game.

The graphics aren't that great but you can make them look significantly better by going to this site and downloading the custom directx 9c shaders: http://darkd3.com If you like dungeon runner games centered around loot and re-playability then Diablo 3 is for you. Did I mention the huge amount of random quests and tile sets used to create unique world locations every time you play?
  86. May 24, 2012
    This is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positiveThis is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positive one from a game design standpoint. It has made the game more accessible to more people, increased flexibility and customization, improved the community, and overall improved the entire game over its predecessors. I would challenge anyone to find someone new to the series, sit them down, and have the new player compare Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 where the person would not chose Diablo 3 over 2.

Common complaints: The story isn't great. - This is true, the overall storyline isn't bad, but the writing certainly isn't top-notch. I'll admit this is one area Diablo 2 beats Diablo 3. Graphics aren't gritty enough - I don't see this one. There's plenty of bloody bodies all over the place. Piles of corpses, torture equipment and gore aplenty, in some areas more than others. But it's always fitting the setting. And this is true in D2 as well. If you really compare screenshots from both games side by side, you'll find less difference here than many seem to claim. Yes, the art direction did change, and Blizzard Irvine has more of a Warcraft/WoW mentality than Blizzard North had. But even with the change in art direction it's still reasonably true to its predecessor. Others claim it's cartoony, certainly a matter of opinion and up for debate, but I don't find D3 significantly more cartoony than Diablo 2 was.

Always on connection - Considering how full of hacks and dupes Diablo 2 became from it's offline nature. I'm really glad for this. An internet connection is pretty much ubiquitous anywhere you go anymore. Any hotel worth staying at has internet. Any of my friends or family's places have internet. The coffee shop down the street has internet. My supermarket has internet. There's really very few places I could go to get away from it. And certainly anywhere I'd want to play D3, I'd have an internet connection available. This is simply no longer an issue for the vast majority of people in a developed nation. It also comes with the perks of always being able to see your friends' games and being able to hop in and join them. Or chat with friends playing WoW or SC2. I'm not really sure if I'd call it DRM, but as far as DRM goes, this is pretty innocuous. There are many far worse examples of DRM out there to be found.

Skill/Attribute distribution is gone. - Awesome, now people can't screw up their characters because they didn't go to some website to read about strategies that are valid in Hell difficulty. Fact was, even with the skill/stat distribution, by the time you reached the end game, nearly every viable build had the same stat allocation, and most classes only had a couple viable skill allocations. The people who think this was a good idea either never played at the highest levels, or did, and just wanted to stand out as being somehow better than someone new to the game who simply didn't know better. No one should ever have to re-make a character for it to be viable just to play at higher difficulties.

No character customization - This one partially ties in with the last point about abilities and skills. I think I've made my point there. For everything else though, Every Diablo 3 class has more abilities (considering runes for the most part significantly change an ability's effects and visuals), every class can be both genders, Every major piece of armor shows up visually on your character. You can dye your armor. The customization in D3 is terrific, it's just all done through gear and ability selection. There are more viable builds for every class in Hell/Inferno in D3 than there are for each class in Hell in D2.

I like the graphics, I enjoy the music and sound design. I like the art design. I enjoy the game. I enjoy the mechanics of the game. I love the multiplayer, and easily hopping into games with my friends. My wife enjoys the game. My friends all enjoy the game. I've not heard a single complaint from any of them outside of an occasional lag spike. At the time of writing this review the User Score for D3 is sitting at 4.1, and not a single person I know on my friends list (all 20 of them) would rate this at less than an 8. I realize that's anecdotal evidence at best and a statistically insignificant data sample, but I feel it's still pertinent. Ignore the whiners with the sense of entitlement that didn't get what they wanted. Diablo 3 is a lot of fun, and well worth the money.
  87. May 20, 2012
    The game itself is great, immensely addicting. Only issue is constant online connection. There aren't servers in Australia i believe meaning we get quite high latency my ping on average is around 500-800 in a game when i'm playing by myself and no one else is in my game!
  88. May 25, 2012
    There have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sureThere have been a lot of bad things said about Diablo 3. All those people are wrong. I started playing a week after release and I didn't get one server related issue. Every other issue seems to be based on the fact that some things have changed since Diablo 2. As it is, the game is great - but not perfect. I had a great time playing it and if you go in with an open mind, then I'm sure you'll have a great time too. Expand
  89. May 16, 2012
    So after getting over the intial frustration and letting Blizzard fix their issues, I found that Diablo 3 is the most fun of I have had gaming in quite a few years. Now I am only 16 at this point, but I have been taking my sweet time, listening to the lore, and enjoying the timed mini-event, multiple bosses, and trying several different builds with one character. To calm everyones nerves,So after getting over the intial frustration and letting Blizzard fix their issues, I found that Diablo 3 is the most fun of I have had gaming in quite a few years. Now I am only 16 at this point, but I have been taking my sweet time, listening to the lore, and enjoying the timed mini-event, multiple bosses, and trying several different builds with one character. To calm everyones nerves, the game is incredibly long regardless what these other very angry people say about the game because of the servers. I am at the end of Act I and I am over 9 hours in. There is alot of content and alot of variation, crafting has been significantly improved and it gives you a reason to hold on to all the blues you find. Item variation is plentiful and you will find alot of different abilities and stats on different items you find.

The story again regardless what people say is incredibly deep and well thought out, I have enjoyed the cinematics and they done great job with the voice acting and lore. The music and sound is spot on and sounds are crisp and easy to differentiate depending on what skills you are using, who you are attacking, ect. That brings me to the graphics, this a top down RPG, it is not supposed to have mind blowing graphics, it is supposed to be able to handle 300-400 objects on the screen, while particle effects and animations are going on. The gameplay took the best from D2 and eliminated all the unneccessary micro managing and unneccessary attributes, what we are left with here is just a game that is incredibly addicting and fun to play. There will be people who will spend 5+ years on this just like D2 because of the item progression, AH, and crafting alone. There are a few minor bugs and some framerates hiccups, but overall Blizzard has built a worthy sequel and regardless the outlandish and untrue things these other people are saying on here, this is the 100% truth.
  90. May 18, 2012
    Please don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have noPlease don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have no opinion whatsoever. They probably never had an original thought in their tiny brains, so by listening to the masses you may as well downgrade your IQ by 60 points. What it is with gamers and their sense of self entitlement? Big bunch of whiney panzie asses, that I'm embarrased to be grouped with these morons who litter gaming and quite frankly should be banned on some trumped up STUPID CLAUSE. I am sure somewhere its a sin to be this dumb. This whole affair is turning into another ME3 (another fine game torn to pieces by Idiots who didn't get what THEY wanted) Anyhow, Diablo 3, whilst isn't going to set the world on fire with originality, is awesome fun solo and fantastic fun with four mates linked in. A worthy purchase, if with the draconian DRM . Expand
  91. May 15, 2012
    Lets review this game based on login errors and not being able to play. Metacritic user scores were always a joke, but this is just the nail in the coffin for this site. Terrible, terrible site.
  92. May 16, 2012
    I have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over theI have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over the other. Unlike most ARPG's the story really interests me and the world has a host of back story that's a joy to discover, the lore is very well crafted. I'd be tempted to give the game a 10, however the always-online aspect slightly tarnishes its otherwise flawless image for me, but this is only a minor issue and I'd recommend the game to anyone. All these negative reviews are beyond me, I've not had a single issue since buying the game, it's so unjustified giving a game 0 because you got an error message, these reviews are meant to be about the game itself surely? Expand
  93. May 16, 2012
    People can say what they want, but most of the changes are for the best. If you played all the Diablo's it is easy to see within about 5 minutes that it is more fun, more depth, and takes more skill to play.
  94. May 18, 2012
    definitely a step up in the franchise. Worried about customization? Just do the math. there is more options in D3 than D2. And end game content, and cheat-free CUZ ITS ONLINE THANKS BLIZZARD.
  95. May 16, 2012
    I just finished the game I can honestly say this game was really worth it. Diablo 3 is really not at all like Diablo 2 and while I do dearly miss such things like the customization of skills and the rune system [for me] is a little bit frustrating since every person can have every skill and such. However, this doesnâ
  96. May 18, 2012
    Great game, it is a shame that the DRM spoiled the whole experience changing so hard the perspective about the game. Even so the game is fine and not a fail like Puke Nukem and StarCrap II.
  97. May 15, 2012
    This game is good - awesome in fact. Everything from the music, animations, story and combat.
    It never made any difference whether you could choose your stats before - why does it now? Weapon choice is amazingly dynamic, likewise with combat.
    Coop play is great and easy to jump in and out of games. My initial drawback was how colourful it was - but as an adult, you tend to get over these things.

Reading most of the negative reviews - most were posted before people even played the game...a useless indication to people wanting to play this game off these reviews. Too many whiny fanboys not getting in 1 second after it's release...but that doesn't do the game justice
  98. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, butThe game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  99. May 17, 2012
    Pretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had aPretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had a bad launch, and if you're a gamer.. you already knew this would happen. The only reason I think a game should be rated 3 and below is if it has a massive amount of bugs that never got patched, along with being an overall terrible game. Expand
  100. May 17, 2012
    Same old gameplay minus the boring / useless parts (like the useless skill builds and char stats). Godly graphics and audio. The servers are back to normal right now and it will probably only get better.
  101. Oct 27, 2013
    Note that most of the extremely low scores were day 1 nerd rage. The truth is that the game is very good for what it is namely, a roguelike action RPG. Diablo III is the best game ever made in its genre. Does this make it a great game? No. Why? Because it is repetitive as heck. But it is polished to a mirror shine it is the best in the genre. It is just that the genre sucks.

You will

You will hear people whining about the always online thing. This is pretty much a non-issue. On launch day, things were rough, but since then, I've had a problem exactly once, which was hardly tragic I lost maybe three minutes of time. The converse of this the fact that you can play ANY of your characters with your friends more than makes up for the annoyance, and its really probably the only reasonable way to keep their marketplace intact.

What about the marketplace itself? You can ignore it if you don't like it, and if you do like it, it is there for your use, and it is easy, convenient, and sure.

What about the game itself? It is Diablo II, but better. It takes everything good about Diablo II, and tosses out everything bad about it the skill trees are gone, you can respec at any time, stat assignments are gone... basically all the stupid busywork which could make your character terrible are gone, and all the things that are fun are present and better. Every character is constantly using their skills, 100% of the time, and this makes for much more diversity in play, and you have many different sorts of attacks on all characters. Some people will nerd rage about losing choices, but let's face it you lost no choices at all. The skill trees existed soley as traps, as there were realistically only a few ways to play any character class, and if you wanted to try out a new skill, you lost that skill point forever, which sucked horribly and encouraged you to never diversify. The stat assignment worked out terribly as only one statistic actually mattered. Diablo III fixes these problems by letting you pick whatever skill from your class you want as long as you are high enough level to use it, and by getting rid of the stats (or rather, your ability to assign them), rather auto-assigning them in an optimal fashion, making the game actually work properly.

The only real bad thing about the game is the same problem that many action RPGs have the gameplay itself is rather tiresome. The really fun enemies only show up later on in the game, making act 1 feel like the act 1 of every other game you've ever played, and quite frankly, even the "really fun" enemies aren't that fun... which is pretty much par for the course for the genre.

There are better, funner games out there, but Diablo III does what it does well. Unfortunately, I just don't think this genre has any life in it anymore we've all played a ton of looters by this point. Do you really need to play one more?

If so, Diablo III might be for you. If not... well, I would recommend against it.

1. Aug 31, 2012