3.9

1. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  2. May 20, 2012
    For the newly initiated, you can add 4 points to the User Review score due to people posting 0's because they do not like DRM. For those with internet connections (ahem), this really is a great game. I'm currently a level 25 (Barbarian), 500 achievement points, have been completing everything, grabbing all loot, etc... (taking my time) and am having a BLAST. The story is well done and the voice acting is top notch. Sound in general are nearly perfect. The auction house (just started using it) is great, just used my gold from the game (I would never use real money to buy virtual things, sorry Blizzard) to pick up some freaking awesome armor and two axes. Throw in randomly generated maps, and characters that are wildly different means I will be playing this at least one more time (whenever I finish the Barbarian, that is, already about 30 hours in, probably half way through?). Super fun game. Sorry to the folks with bad internet connections. That does suck, and feel for you (I do not like this DRM type either), but when used in the environment Blizzard forces you to use it in, it is a kick butt game. Expand
  3. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  4. May 16, 2012
    Despite an initial hiccup with the login/game servers and a few bugs here and there, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to the series. The graphics are better than on-par for 2012, the skills are creative, the classes astounding, and the storyline entertaining.
  5. May 16, 2012
    This game spooked me like no game since the first Diablo has. The story is epic, the narrative well-integrated with gameplay, which is cutting edge for the genre. I know I'll be playing it for months to come.
  6. Fix
    May 21, 2012
    This game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected to the internet regardless. Also, playing solo isn't nearly as fun as playing in a group. Expand
  7. May 18, 2012
    I played both previous episodes and the 3rd one is no disappointment for me. Gorgeous graphics, beautiful music and very good gameplay. All of this enabled us and our friends to find the exact same pleasure as before when we allied to fight the forces of evil.

Even if there were some connections problems on 1st day, they disappeared on 2nd day.

Good job Blizzard
  8. May 20, 2012
    TLDR: Great game, some release issues. Most polished, deep and captivating aRPG ever released. Will be hard for PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 or others to match this one. Not revolutionary in much, but everything it does have works and works EXTREMELY well.

Now if you can be bothered reading a wall of text and want more:

Have just finished Act 1 on Normal. Another 3 Acts to go before
    I get into Nightmare mode! This is an incredibly fun and addictive aRPG. A lot of depth that will not even become available to you until you are 20+ hrs into the game. I've only played it for 8 hrs but that was enough to get a feel for the barbarian class. If you like these kinds of games then this is more of the same with an added dash of love and awesomeness. The challenge does ramp up and yes it's a clickfest and gear stat driven game, but it works and the story is good enough to pull you along. Voice acting is spot on. Music is incredible. The amount of variation in level design and enemy design is VERY VERY good for how rich and detailed the game world is. especially compared to other aRPGs. I am knocking off 1 point for the painful release servers and another point for the annoying always-online DRM, but would quickly add back 1 point if the latency I was getting wasn't > 200 ms with some noticeable server stutter at times (this is more likely due to me being in Australia and having to play on 'the Americas' servers... than anything wrong with the netcode which seems fine. I actually hardly notice the latency except maybe once or twice an hour).

Auction house is very easy to use, has good search functionality and I was able to sell equipment and buy stuff that I wanted easily. Very fluid system. No issues. I think this adds great replayability and what not to the game. Also the ability to created socketed items and move the gems around is really nice as I'm no longer worried about breaking gems and losing things that took forever to earn. Also this is really good for creating alts as you'll be able to start them with a set of full socketed gear to give them a huge DPS advantage in the early levels and get through it quick.

Achievements are not normally my thing, but in a game like this they feel akin to the achievements in TF2, where you've always got something random to work towards and it's just another fun diversion during the chaos of battle.

Dungeon design - I am IN LOVE with the dungeon design. The worst dungeon design i have seen in my life was Dragon Age 2. Bioware, play this game, they have randomly generated dungeons with repeated art assets and I'm YET to feel like I'm in the same dungeon ever. Nailed it Blizzard! Halls of Agony were EXCELLENT.

Multiplayer - easy enough to get into, found my friends nicely. Works. No issues.

9/10.
  9. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is incredible. After 12 years of waiting, I can say without a hint of reservation that this is the one game I've played since Grand Theft Auto IV that has delivered. That being said, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. There have been a number of changes which may polarize diehard fans of the original, but that I think make for a more enjoyable experience. Diablo 3 is a cooperative game. The loot system ensures that everyone gets their own drops. You know longer have to be the fastest clicker to get loot.

The combat is more interactive. You have a set of abilities to choose from that work like a toolkit. You can customize your character on the fly and choose abilities that work better with different classes.

For instance, I play a Barbarian. If I'm grouped with a lot of ranged, I'll use my AoE stuns, and taunts. I also plug in my defensive traits. If I'm running with other melee, I'll use my cleave abilities etc. If I'm soloing, I'll run offensive abilities.

The trait system is like Guild Wars. You have a set of abilities, up to six at any given time which you can swap in and out as well as some passive abilities that add things like extra crit, more health drops, etc.

Also, gone is the potion-spamming **** You can actually play this game. You don't just run into a group of enemies spamming pots, and praying you don't get gibbed. You can actually use your brain to solve problems.

You don't die as much. This isn't a bad thing. Diablo 2 was known for just kind of **** you every now and again. Diablo 3 will still **** you over, but only if you're a derp. In Diablo 3, you can actually use strategy to succeed as opposed to cookie cutter builds, must-have equipment, and button spam.

As for the red scores. I get it. Blizzard's servers were down on launch. They're up now. They're stable, and the game rocks. If you want to play the natural evolution of a genre-creating title, get Diablo 3. You won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for the same old, exploit-ridden derp-fest that is diablo 2. Then just buy Diablo 2. Also, if you want to skip all that real money auction house **** Play on Hardcore.
  10. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  11. May 18, 2012
    Is the perfect game. No other near in the Action/RPG. If you want a great PC game, Diablo III is de PC GOTY. A lot of people put 0 to this game. Those people is subjective.
  12. May 15, 2012
    As an avid D1/D2 player from release, this game is a worthy sequel. I have no clue what is persuading so many people to have such a raging tantrum. It's ridiculous.
  13. May 22, 2012
    Fantastic game. Great sequel and wrap-up of the Diablo story, excellent gameplay and artistic approach, and definite replayability (if that's a word lol).
  14. May 19, 2012
    Diablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a game to rush through, but to savor and enjoy in small, delicious slices. People tend to forget that Diablo's charm lies in its own simplicity. People looking for anything other than compulsive clicking and looting should play different games, fortunately the world is full of alternatives. For me, Diablo III is what I wanted. Thanks Blizzard for sticking to the core of this franchise instead of trying to make it something else. Expand
  15. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  16. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  17. Auz
    May 19, 2012
    I was at first put off by all the changes made, I had wondered to myself "could this be the same people that brought me D2?" but after putting in a liberal amount of time these initially depressing changes became welcome additions. I mean to be honest I loved the skill system in D2, I don't have the time these days to create multiple lvl 99's to fully enjoy a class. The combat is just as fun as ever, the story is just as awesome as ever, and the game plays wonderfully, the longest loading time I had to sit through was about 3 seconds.

Now the reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10.. when mousing over the skills they give you no details about what the ability does, there is no easy way to switch what abilities your using, and well as an older gamer I cannot support the DRM..
  18. May 17, 2012
    That's a great game, and all you haters aren't gonna change it. Flaws with connection to servers at start are fact, but now they are gone, and all it's left is old, good Diablo.
  19. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  20. May 15, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune system from 2. The graphics engine is dated and inefficient, I wish they had put little more time into exploiting the high end hardware and maybe even DX11 support. I you Like DIablo 2 and Torchlight, you will love this. Collapse
  21. May 16, 2012
    I find it amusing how everyone gave it horrible ratings because of opening night and not being able to log in. Was expected in my book. I absolutely love the game. The new skills are a change from Diablo 2, but I didn't come here to play Diablo 2's overpowered skill sets and I am not going to compare this game to World of Warcraft or Starcraft like the other idiots do.

Anyways, the
    story is great so far and keeps me wanting to play more to see what happens. I like the flow of the game and the mechanics seem quite balanced. The graphics are not too shabby for a side scroll top down sorta thing mode and are improved slightly from the engine they used for Starcraft 2.

Overall, I am very pleased to have gotten my collectors edition and can't wait for any expansions to be following the D3 line or any other Blizzard game line. Keep up the good work and next time, be more prepared on opening night so you get better user rating :P
  22. May 17, 2012
    Simply put. This game is everything I could have hoped for! It still feels like Diablo while adding tones of new features! The servers went down the first two days, but I feel that should not impact the games over all quality or review. I have played hour and hours of it already and feel that it is one of the best games I have played in a long time.
  23. May 16, 2012
    This game has surpassed my expectations. It is gorgeous, sounds great, is ridiculously fun, and infinitely replayable. It is a much better multiplayer experience than D2. I don't know have anything to complain about except how it's going to monopolize all of my limited free time. Server overloads aside, it's been a flawless experience.
  24. May 27, 2012
    All you could ask for in a isometric lootfest. This is easily better in every way than the already great Diablo II and as such deserves a better score. Fantastic art direction, sound & music and top-notch gameplay make this the quality product as should be expected from Blizzard. The skill & rune system has more depth than you think and really does enable you to mix & match to suit any situation, though you will find that you will stick to a general build most of the time. It would be nice to have definable presets that you could switch between. I laugh at the haters on here whining about it getting boring after 50 hours... 50 HOURS!! that's already way more than you can expect to get out of the current line up of non-MMORPG blockbuster titles. Like any game, it isn't perfect but what it offers is worth every cent. Why break the mold if you're already onto a winner? Expand
  25. May 15, 2012
    Tons of fun, a couple hiccups at launch but a really enjoyable game. I cant wait to bang my head against the wall in inferno. The changes in the skill system are good, saving up points was not a fun mechanic.
  26. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  27. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    All of the negative feedback for this game is a joke. I am an oldschool diablo 2 player and seriously diablo 3 just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Sure there are a few bugs sometimes, yet I am now on level 43 nightmare absolutely loving the online play in this game. It also go great guns single player.

Hurray blizzard.
  29. May 16, 2012
    I'd realistically rate it somewhere between an 8 or 9... I've played about three hours so far and it's very fun. Only got one error 37... Recommended.
  30. Mar 4, 2014
    Since Loot 2.0 this game is cracking good fun. It took a while (perhaps too long) to iron out the creases. The haters gonna hate. But it is now close to perfection. I still can lose hours to it no worries.
  31. May 15, 2012