3.9

1. Jul 13, 2012
    Grinding Inferno Act III, the game so far is a lot of fun. Once you get the proper gear
    this game gets really good. The elites in this game are some of the best I have
    ever seen. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes ripping through
    huge amounts of mobs and killing stuff.
  2. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. esse jg e totalmente legal, n e injuativo como os outros a pocas classes claro mais n deixa de ser um bom jg point click . ele se iguala muito aos outros diablos 2 e 1 mais há muitas coisas q mudam.. Expand
  3. Aug 12, 2012
    Very good game.Nice graphics,true hack and slash game,great soundtrack.
    The always online thing didnt bothered me,except just one disconnect.
    Real money auction house is a great iea to deal with gold selling sites.
  4. Aug 13, 2012
    At first, i was like most of the people writing these reviews "OMG diablo is so boring"
    "OMG it requires no skill"
    "OMG its just click at the baddies AND its boring AND it requires no skill" yeah, ill say thats true until around hell, without a proper strategy for your class and with a lack of skill, you're going to get 2 shotted by the zombies in act 1 and dont even get me started on
    "OMG it requires no skill"
    "OMG its just click at the baddies AND its boring AND it requires no skill"
    yeah, ill say thats true until around hell, without a proper strategy for your class and with a lack of skill, you're going to get 2 shotted by the zombies in act 1 and dont even get me started on the rare mobs. My experience with user reviews is that they base it off impressions OR they have a friend carry them through the game so they don't actually experience it.
    SO.. my point here is, it's a GREAT game but really only if you want to drop some effort into it.
    For the future players, don't buy it if you don't want to sink time into it, if you want a quick game with no effort/time required, go play CoD.
    For the future reviewers, PLEASE don't write your review until you have leveled more than 3 characters (different classes please) to 60 and beat the game on all of those on all the difficulties, otherwise you're just going to get the "blizzard trap" where they make the game ridiculously easy until late-game.
    Have fun, and go try to beat hell azmodan, peace.
  5. Aug 14, 2012
    A lot of the reported issues with this game really don't matter much until you hit Inferno mode. For those that don't own the game and don't know, Inferno mode is the fourth time playing through the campaign with the same character, and it is harder because you cap at level 60 and can't out-level the mobs to beat them if the game has been giving you crappy loot. To some, the game isn'tA lot of the reported issues with this game really don't matter much until you hit Inferno mode. For those that don't own the game and don't know, Inferno mode is the fourth time playing through the campaign with the same character, and it is harder because you cap at level 60 and can't out-level the mobs to beat them if the game has been giving you crappy loot. To some, the game isn't "beaten" until you finish Inferno, and I can understand the frustration they are facing.

That said, any game that I enjoyed for 100+ hours is definitely worth the money, and I can say that about Diablo 3. Maybe $60 is a tad high, but IMHO the quality and polish of this game is worth at least $50.
  6. Aug 16, 2012
    Dont let the fanboys fool you this is a great game although it does have its issues when it comes to endgame players, but you will have plenty of fun until then
  7. Sep 10, 2012
    The game looks great, I love the dark spooky vibe it gives off. The environments are amazing and the game has a truly remarkable story. My first play-through I was excited to see the story unfold, it truly had me captivated. The world is large enough to take you a few hours to see everything. Except the content is much more linear than the previous games in the Diablo series. Once youThe game looks great, I love the dark spooky vibe it gives off. The environments are amazing and the game has a truly remarkable story. My first play-through I was excited to see the story unfold, it truly had me captivated. The world is large enough to take you a few hours to see everything. Except the content is much more linear than the previous games in the Diablo series. Once you beat the game on normal you soon realize how repetitive it will become. Unfortunately end-game is a HUGE grind for gear / gold and paragon levels. I would have to say it's a great game when compared to the competition out there, but I hate the way blizzard is taking their games, especially with the online-only DRM system they have adopted. Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2012
    Why does Metacritic have a 10-point system. A simple "Did You Like It? Yes or No?" would suffice. The user-reviews in here are so rediculous it makes me smile. There is absolutely no way in hell this game is worth 0 (zero) points. But that is what everybody gives it when they have one or two gripes with it. I liked the game a lot btw, and had my fun throughout. I got an extremely polishedWhy does Metacritic have a 10-point system. A simple "Did You Like It? Yes or No?" would suffice. The user-reviews in here are so rediculous it makes me smile. There is absolutely no way in hell this game is worth 0 (zero) points. But that is what everybody gives it when they have one or two gripes with it. I liked the game a lot btw, and had my fun throughout. I got an extremely polished game with a great single-player experience, and even better with friends. I dont play it anymore, because I got tired of it. I will however play the expansions to come.

If this score-system had any real thought behind it, I would have rated Diablo 3 av clean 8/10. But since everything said on here is angry kids with problems with their internet connections, I'll give it a 10 to compensate.

0 points? Are you people kidding me?
  9. Sep 23, 2012
    I think its time for a new 'critic' website. I think people should have to give specific reasons why they gave a '0', because when they don't, it lets them get away with 'zero' scores. There is no way, you can assign a 'zero' score, to every component of Diablo 3. To try to do so, shows the level of idiocy and immaturty and lies that those assign 'zero' scores possess. It's utterlyI think its time for a new 'critic' website. I think people should have to give specific reasons why they gave a '0', because when they don't, it lets them get away with 'zero' scores. There is no way, you can assign a 'zero' score, to every component of Diablo 3. To try to do so, shows the level of idiocy and immaturty and lies that those assign 'zero' scores possess. It's utterly laughable, to suggest that a game of the depth and visual splendor that Diablo 3, deserves a 'zero' score. We all know that metacritic allows you to RIG the system, by now forcing people to 'explain' their scores. If someone doesn't explain their score, we should be allowed to force their score off the system, and without that option, this system is just simply rigged, and metacritic should be ashamed of themselves for offering such a pety, chlidish rating system and user ratings offering. Places like Gamespot, which I dont agree on all things with ( where is that even possible) has a decent system at least, as other similar sites do, where they MUST explain their scores for each component, or obviously be seen as INCOMPETENT and just lying. That is the problem with metacrtiic, and I refuse to come here anymore and see a rigged system in place, allowing people to post riciculously low scores. It doesn't hurt the game in the SLIGHTEST, and all it really does is show the hateful, childish immature remarks by some 'teenies' on here. It's that obvious LOL. Expand
  10. Oct 7, 2012
    This game is actually really a lot of fun. I have enjoyed it just as much or more than my experiences with DI and DII. I look forward to the new patches blizzard has planned and will play this game well into the future. Give this game a chance. Create your own experience and then develop your own opinion on it. I actually think having it as an online game is helpful because I can thenThis game is actually really a lot of fun. I have enjoyed it just as much or more than my experiences with DI and DII. I look forward to the new patches blizzard has planned and will play this game well into the future. Give this game a chance. Create your own experience and then develop your own opinion on it. I actually think having it as an online game is helpful because I can then store my character on a server and not have to worry about losing it with a computer failure. Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2012
    Diablo 3 is addictive! It supplies all the needs a game junkie requires. The auction house adds the dimension of choice. The levels add an ongoing need to keep playing the same script over and over again. The multi-player aspect makes it fun, fast paced and leveling up seems to quicker. Over-all, I love this game as well as diablo 2.
  12. Mar 5, 2013
    I took a break from the game for 5 or 6 months after release. At that point, several features had been added which made the game very enjoyable to play. I've probably spent 500+ hours playing different classes, and the game seems fairly balanced. I like that Blizzard still takes the time to add features, and hopefully a DLC in the pipeline.
  13. Apr 1, 2013
    Blizzard's really doing a great job in the game, as well as improving it.
    My friends and I still play this game on a very regular basis, and we'll say it's pretty awesome.
    Kudos to Blizzard.
  14. May 22, 2013
    when the game came out is was lashed at by the millions who bought it due to being quite literally unplayable, and when it is playable it was barely even recognised as the game us fans loved, the combat and levelling up was streamlined the levels where more linear and builds where focused around items more so, although the RMAH was a bad idea without it the game would be much harder towhen the game came out is was lashed at by the millions who bought it due to being quite literally unplayable, and when it is playable it was barely even recognised as the game us fans loved, the combat and levelling up was streamlined the levels where more linear and builds where focused around items more so, although the RMAH was a bad idea without it the game would be much harder to play but other then the initial problems the game is fun.
    combat is fluid and polished
    killing is fun as ****
    looting is as fun as ever
    if you can get past the initial flaws you will like this game.
  15. Oct 15, 2013
    3.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-33.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-3 months of lvling/grinding BUT those 2-3 months are well worth it, the graphics are simply great, mechanics, animations, voices... all of those are topnotch even the story isnt all that bad, hell i would buy this game for the cinematics alone... i mean NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE this game doesn't deserve 0/10 or are you telling me there is at least 1 person that thinks the graphics are bad? Give me a break. If you rate rate reasonably... taking in consideration ALL of its flaws AND beauties. Expand
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    All of the negative feedback for this game is a joke. I am an oldschool diablo 2 player and seriously diablo 3 just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Sure there are a few bugs sometimes, yet I am now on level 43 nightmare absolutely loving the online play in this game. It also go great guns single player.

Hurray blizzard.
  17. Apr 1, 2014
    I'm confused by the bad reviews. I mean, I understand why people hated on it BEFORE the fixes, but now? There's no justifiable reason to it. It's fun, addicting, has a favorable graphic style and interesting lore. Oh, and the loot is magnificent. This will get down-voted most likely, but just know that with every dislike this gets, it's just an ignorant hater's jimmies being rustled. GreatI'm confused by the bad reviews. I mean, I understand why people hated on it BEFORE the fixes, but now? There's no justifiable reason to it. It's fun, addicting, has a favorable graphic style and interesting lore. Oh, and the loot is magnificent. This will get down-voted most likely, but just know that with every dislike this gets, it's just an ignorant hater's jimmies being rustled. Great game, don't listen to the haters! Expand
  18. May 15, 2014
    I've had Diablo III for a very long time but after seeing concerns raised by many other gamers worldwide; I decided to only play it when it was in an acceptable state. Two years since release and finally this game is of a very satisfying standard thanks to the new patch and work done on DRM issues from Blizzard. For some, this is too late in the day particularly after the apparent 10 yearI've had Diablo III for a very long time but after seeing concerns raised by many other gamers worldwide; I decided to only play it when it was in an acceptable state. Two years since release and finally this game is of a very satisfying standard thanks to the new patch and work done on DRM issues from Blizzard. For some, this is too late in the day particularly after the apparent 10 year development.

Fans of the series may have mixed emotions about this game; it has lost it's dark and gritty feel and is now more artistic with colour with a bright pallet and plenty of color. Some areas are often sparse but you're not too far from a battle here and there. The main story is fairly short which is a shame but you can replay the game with the different classes which offer enough diversity particularly in the inventory aspect. Developing characters, leveling up and completing the game multiple times is an extremely enjoyable experience and bumping up the difficulty adds some spice and extra XP+gold which helps ranking up.

The Story is nothing special and any side missions are fairly simple though. Combat is clean and fun but everything is very repetitive in time. Hunting for loot and building your hero adds much to what is at times a bland game.

Activison Blizzard have thankfully closed the Auction House which was something of some debate. Now more legendary items are dropping in game rather than you having to cough up with gold or real money just to improve your character this way. I found the ethics behind this practice terrible especially considering the shape this game has been in for the past 24 months. I have had no issues in connecting to matches or when playing which is amazing considering how many problems were reported with the DRM feature since release. The game is finally at a satisfactory standard now.

If you are a fan of Diablo or the genre; this game is definitely worth a purchase now. Don't expect the feel of previous games. This is more of a modern take which may put some people off. It's a solid title with a good inventory backbone and character development feature but it doesn't take long to finish and the game may be too linear for some.
  19. Jun 21, 2014
    It seems like nobody can enjoy classic genres like ARPG's (Action Role-Playing Game) anymore. People think that these games are too repetitive but I like it and people may complain about how Diablo 3 had ruined its Diablo franchise but its new expansion, RoS (Reaper of Souls) has made improvements to the game by a long run. People who played this game awhile back when the game was releasedIt seems like nobody can enjoy classic genres like ARPG's (Action Role-Playing Game) anymore. People think that these games are too repetitive but I like it and people may complain about how Diablo 3 had ruined its Diablo franchise but its new expansion, RoS (Reaper of Souls) has made improvements to the game by a long run. People who played this game awhile back when the game was released should really consider trying it again and give it a better review. Expand
  20. Aug 8, 2014
    Short serious review-opinion: (First about me) I have played Diablo 2 Lod for about 10 years, played every character, loved story and its feel. I am truly hardcore fan.
    (REVIEW:) THIS GAME IS FLAWLESS. Except - DRM, and thankfully, it is GONE. Now, nothing can compare to it, because it is child of Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction and gentlemen, it is true child and hold up its name despite haters all around... Long Live the Diablo!
  21. Sep 29, 2014
    very good gameplay and the graphics are realy good, beter than any other hack and slash like poe. enough classes with lott of different skills to try to find the one you like for different situation, and the game isnt repetitive like other games like you just kill 1 single boss for days to get some items
  22. Oct 3, 2014
    I'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in theyI'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in they throw at them but this time have made the game exceptionally easy to keep them playing to milk them for more money with the ridiculous ingame cash shop. The cash shop being the biggest reason this game is getting a big fat zero from me. Cash shops are only allowed in games that didn't cost anything to play in the first place and even then should only sell cosmetic items while with Diablo 3 not only are they over charging for a PC game they're going to push players into continuously spending a lot of money to buy the best weapons which will kill any fun or motive to dungeon crawl to find loot which is exactly what these games are all abou Expand
  23. Oct 22, 2014
    Many of the poor reviews on this game are from launch era gamers. The game has since improved and with the new expansion the game is finally where it needed to be. Everything that fan of the series could want and more. Great for avid and casual gamer's alike. Simple game dynamic for casual players and complex crafting with a very smooth learning curve and excellent game world make this aMany of the poor reviews on this game are from launch era gamers. The game has since improved and with the new expansion the game is finally where it needed to be. Everything that fan of the series could want and more. Great for avid and casual gamer's alike. Simple game dynamic for casual players and complex crafting with a very smooth learning curve and excellent game world make this a no-brainer if you're in the market for an adventure game. It make catch flak from the hardcore stat crunchers of the World of Warcraft players but this game has a nostalgia and honesty that cannot be truly hated by any level of gamer. Plenty of action once the game ends unlocking new modes and challenges while getting to keep your character. Expand
  24. May 7, 2014
    Just ignore all the haters, this is an awesome game. Great gameplay, nice story and I love the new skill system. Definitely the best game in the series and now that all the connection errors are gone it's definitely a 9/10
  25. May 29, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game ! Do not believe all the armchair critics on this site. They are mainly full of it and should have there log in details for this site revoked. Good work Blizzard. All you Zero voters dont deserve to be called gamers. Why would any company want to make a game for the likes of you.
  26. May 30, 2012
    For new gamers 10 knowlegde about diablo 3

1. Death inducing blunt trauma to the head causes my boots to fall apart, whereas sprinting in them does not. 2. Animals like birds and rats will flee when you approach, but a badly beaten bull creature will not try to follow basic instinct and try to self preserve when near death. 3. Everything i find can be painted, but when i find something
    For new gamers 10 knowlegde about diablo 3

3. Everything i find can be painted, but when i find something truly unique, it becomes immune to paint.

4. Putting gems on my head makes me live a longer life.

5. I can fold time and space and carry millions of fluid containing flasks in my pack, but i can only carry a very limited amount of mushrooms or bones.

6. Pieces of paper cannot be stacked on top of eachother unless the contents written on it is the exact same, to the letter.

7. A jewelcrafter or blacksmith has no long term memory, and requires the same information every time i ask him to make me a specific type of gem or armor piece.

8. When i walk through the streets, people will recognise and talk to me, however, they will never get mad or upset if i completely ignore their call outs.

9. When an old man with no weapons whatsoever is attacked by skeletons, the skeletons go after the most armored person with the biggest weapons in the room, because they're out to kill the old man.

10. Highly intelligent creatures and beings with immense power cannot follow me through a door.

Thats what
  27. May 30, 2012
    This is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for singleThis is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for single player, a lot of reviews say normal is too easy, normal is mostly a tutorial where you get your skills, play inferno and tell me it's too easy. The graphics are perfect I'd say. Blizzard is known for making games that run on all sorts of rigs, they don't require you to buy a new computer to play their new games and I do appreciate that. This is just as addictive as I remember D2 being. THIS IS NOT D2. The "lack of customization" is more of a "fixed a glaring problem in D2" where when a patch came out, your character was worthless. This is a hack and slash more than a RPG in the sense of story. If you want a story read the lore, loot the journals, Blizzard has excellent writers but an in depth story in your face does not work in a fast paced action game. I know I will spend countless hours on this game, as will most people who are crying on here about how hard or easy or bad or overpriced the game is. This is a multiplayer game and the sooner people realize that the more they will enjoy it. Tanks are key.

TL;DR: Deal with the DRM this game is an excellent way to kill countless hours.
  28. May 30, 2012
    Amazing game... aside from tech issues that should hopefully be resolved soon, don't let the low user review scores steer you away if you are a Blizzard fan... however, don't expect WoW or SC2... I thought it was only decent until I really started experimenting with the classes and leveling more and more...
    it is super addictive, and beautiful if u can customize the graphics to suit ur machine.
  29. May 31, 2012
    Hi, i don´t know why people criticize diablo 3.
    It´s better than you can imagine, thanks blizzard thanks. All in this game is better than other similar games, action, story, graphics, all.
  30. May 31, 2012
    Having grown up gaming with Diablo being one of my favorites this is an AMAZING next step with great mechanics, a great story that is great even if you didn't play the previous and overall a great game for casual and hardcore games alike. The two points that I was a bit disappointed with was I wish it felt more like a horror game like the previous games and there were some definite hiccupsHaving grown up gaming with Diablo being one of my favorites this is an AMAZING next step with great mechanics, a great story that is great even if you didn't play the previous and overall a great game for casual and hardcore games alike. The two points that I was a bit disappointed with was I wish it felt more like a horror game like the previous games and there were some definite hiccups at launch but that's to be expected with any major online game. Expand
  31. Jun 2, 2012
    Well, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhatWell, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhat unique when the RMAH comes out. Also I like how people are complaining about how hard inferno is! That means blizzard up the stakes and made D3 a little more challenging. Some things where blizzard could improve. - Chat system would be very nice. D2 didn't need one but collaboration in gaming has changed over the years. - maybe every two months they could upload some new events or change the events. I know there are a lot but I would enjoy some surprising new battles. Other than that I think this game is an excellent buy and has more replay value then any other game that came out this year. Expand
  32. Jun 2, 2012
    The game is really nice, the gameplay awesome.

It could sux for some because you have to log-in even if you want to play solo.
    The story is short (and immersive) but really nice, featuring awesome cut-scene.
  33. Jun 2, 2012
    Really quite a good game, but it suffers more-so due to its popularity.
    With such hype behind it, there was no possibility of Diablo 3 satisfying all who played it.
    Should it cater to 'casuals' who will likely play through once or twice and move on, or the 'hardcore' who will dedicate months to farming the endgame? It appears they tried to do both, resulting in a very simplistic and
    Really quite a good game, but it suffers more-so due to its popularity.
    It appears they tried to do both, resulting in a very simplistic and hand-holding beginning - being limited to exploring only the areas related to the quest you were on. - removal of any semi-permanent decision making.
    But then designed the later stages (hell / inferno) with such difficulty that only the most dedicated could progress, which sadly left little for the inbetweens - who couldn't handle the difficulty but desired to play more.
    The lack of a difficulty settings is felt rather heavily due to this.

The story is quite a bit more visible than in the previous games, however once you know the story it only serves to break the game-flow.
    The graphics are great, the abilities often feel satisfying with little screen shakes on big attacks and the music and voices are good.
    Besides the minor server bugs at release due to capacity, which have now disappeared as fewer are playing, and outside of a single in town DC (probably on my end) I've experienced no crashes or graphical bugs.
    A pity they didn't implemented a queue system to log in for the launch.

A quality game none the less, for some more than others.
  34. Jun 12, 2012
    This game has been a huge disappointment to most players. Though many don't know anything about the Diablo series due to it's massive period of time between releases. Diablo 3 is a terrific game with beautiful graphics and the in depth story line and looting system will have you playing for weeks on end. I'd like to point out that this game will be receiving expansions as well as a raisedThis game has been a huge disappointment to most players. Though many don't know anything about the Diablo series due to it's massive period of time between releases. Diablo 3 is a terrific game with beautiful graphics and the in depth story line and looting system will have you playing for weeks on end. I'd like to point out that this game will be receiving expansions as well as a raised level cap through the years and will provide months of game play. It's a truly fantastic game that is spoiled on kids who don't appreciate it. Expand
  35. Jun 14, 2012
    I can let go of the well-known fact - that the story is lacklustre, kills off too many major characters and has obvious plotholes - because the gameplay is absolutely engaging, addictive and FUN.

When I first played diablo 2, I was too young to have any appreciation of storytelling in videogames. Thus, I didn't really have any expectations for lore or storyline for the game. Even

Even with such a major change to the way you use abilities from the previous installment, the point remains that Diablo 3 is as fun to play as I had hoped. It isn't perfect but I'm having fun and I suspect it'll keep me sated for years to come.

To sum up, I started off with a score of 11 out of 10, because I'm having that much fun playing the game.
    Technical hitches at day one and beyond --> Minus one. (blizzard should know better)
    STORY STORY STORY --> Minus one.

Leaves me at a 9/10 :) thanks for reading.
  36. Jun 23, 2012
    I created an account here specifically for the purpose of writing this review because I think so many people are unfairly giving this game poor reviews. I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, and I see no degradation of quality in Diablo 3. I love it. While there are some plot holes, the game largely holds true to the previous titles in the series with some great improvements. I love the skill trees,I created an account here specifically for the purpose of writing this review because I think so many people are unfairly giving this game poor reviews. I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, and I see no degradation of quality in Diablo 3. I love it. While there are some plot holes, the game largely holds true to the previous titles in the series with some great improvements. I love the skill trees, the ability to switch up how you play the game on the fly allows for great flexibility, particularly when the game seems to difficult to play. Often, the problem can be solved by tweaking your skills. It presents a fun dynamic of getting stuck and then figuring out how to get your self unstuck. I love the visuals, while not quite as dark and scary as previous titles, I love the look and feel of the game. I even like the auction house. I do not have that much time to play, although I have put in upward of 50 hours, so being able to quickly find items to keep my character relevant is easy and fun.

In my opinion, most of the people that are deriding this game are people without much life outside of gaming. It makes me sick to see some people dismissing this game so easily and vociferously. Get a life, I say.

If you're the least bit interested, I would recommend giving it a try. I love it and can see myself playing it for many years.
  37. Jun 23, 2012
    I'm a big fan of Diablo and once I heard that Diablo III had a release date I just could not wait, and now that it is installed on my pc for now all my free time is Diablo time untill my family starts to complaints, well it is what is and it is still the best game ever and I will say it right now is it possiable a Diablo IV if so I will be one of the first in line keep up the great work.
  38. Jun 25, 2012
    I could almost swear that there's been a covertly organized smear campaign against this game by some user reviewers. You know something's odd when there's such a huge disparity between the pro and user review averages. Yes, of course the haters will claim that's because the pro reviewers are bought off-- but this is a really unusual disparity.

Diablo III isn't perfect by most

Diablo III isn't perfect by most standards, but so is practically everything in the universe. It's a really well-developed and polished product technically. The graphics are deliberately painterly, almost even impressionistic, in places, and that's not for everyone. The sound and voice acting are exceptional. The biggest flaw, for me, is the story: it's very cliche. Some of the dialogue is good (and very funny) but some is surprisingly juvenile. What really matters about this game, though, is combat and replayability. The combat system is extremely rewarding, as long as you're willing to try a variety of different setups. The six active ability setup is almost infinitely better than Diablo 2. As for replayability, well I've "only" played about 175-200 hours I guess and it gets a bit old sometimes, briefly; but geez people-- this is a game, not a full-time occupation... There are some balance issues, of course, but Blizzard is addressing them. If anyone thinks that they could do a better job of balancing a game (and its loot) with this many variables, I'm sure they're welcome to try. Also, if anyone still seriously thinks they should be given the ability to MIS-assign character statistics, I don't even know what to say. It was a bold and very smart move for Blizzard to remove the illusory choice of skill points. There's still plenty of opportunity to mess up your gear and your actual combat-ready statistics, if that's important to you.

The biggest remaining hurdle for Diablo 3, in my opinion, is for Blizzard to continue balancing skills until more builds are viable in deep Inferno territory. Otherwise, I think it'll have lots of staying power for people who don't already dislike it for whatever reasons. It's not an MMO and won't receive as many updates, until an XP. But it's very fun and replayable if you're open-minded about its similarities and differences from predecessors in the top-down action rpg tradition.
  39. Jun 25, 2012
    Almost all the negative reviews here are based on 1st week when there were some issues with access etc, and somehow players who expected to beat Inferno easily. Check the last 10 pages or so of reviews to get a more evenly balanced view. Ive played the entire franchise and this definitely carries on the tradition. Looks great, sounds great. You may have to get used to the new skill/runeAlmost all the negative reviews here are based on 1st week when there were some issues with access etc, and somehow players who expected to beat Inferno easily. Check the last 10 pages or so of reviews to get a more evenly balanced view. Ive played the entire franchise and this definitely carries on the tradition. Looks great, sounds great. You may have to get used to the new skill/rune system but once you figure it out you'll see that it enables a great variety in builds. Far more than previous versions. This game hasn't gone down so well with the crowd the expects 'BIS" and "end game". Somehow many players (while claiming to be Diablo fans from way back) miss the point that farming lower levels for gear upgrades was always part of Diablo. There was never any end-game other than beating Diablo (or Baal) and becoming more and more powerful. Diablo 3 makes looking for gear even more rewarding with random events and more champion mobs. The beginning levels are easy, but the challenges present themselves in the later acts where you get greater variety of affixes on the mobs that will be challenging or near impossible. If you are a hardcore (one death, your character is gone) player, Diablo 3 is even better as there is built-in shared stash between characters as well as crafting which lower level or new characters can access. So even if you die there is still progression in some aspects. no more "mules"

If you are a casual player, it appears to be going very well with that segment as well. Easy to enjoy at the lower level difficulties, try a few classes and then move on. Well worth $60 as you will get 100's of hours of gameplay.

Not sure why the 'online only" seems to be affect so many people. I only ever played "online" in D2 anyway to participate in the HC ladders and play with friends on battle.net anyway. It was done to counter all the previous issues with dupes and hacks. Honestly Ive seen far more draconian "DRM", this is not it. It's especially odd since online play is pretty much a required aspect of any multi-player game nowadays.

So in summary, still loving the game, glad to part of a new journey of Diablo, plenty of content to come.
  40. Jun 28, 2012
    I think Diablo is the game of the year

Not only because it has amazing graphics but for its history, for being so long, its difficulty

That itself is a Diablo and the people who complain because they do not play enough at Diablo 2
  41. Jul 13, 2012
    Play it since release and never had big troubles. Of course there are serverdowntimes... but what everyone forgets: it's been released 2 months ago...
  42. Jul 13, 2012
    Absolutely the most interesting game at this moment. I haven't play any other games since Diablo 3 published. At first it felt that it's too similiar to WoW and too less the Diablo 2. That is what many people says. But after playing it more I started to like it more and more. Suddenly I realized that I'm really keen on playing Diablo 3. I am already feeling that I am waiting expansion forAbsolutely the most interesting game at this moment. I haven't play any other games since Diablo 3 published. At first it felt that it's too similiar to WoW and too less the Diablo 2. That is what many people says. But after playing it more I started to like it more and more. Suddenly I realized that I'm really keen on playing Diablo 3. I am already feeling that I am waiting expansion for Diablo 3, which is kinda silly because Diablo 3 isn't fully ready even. PVP is not yet published but it's coming into. Expand
  43. Jul 14, 2012
    After the small problems on launch and after patch 1.03 this game is lots of fun to play even without the auction house. Graphics are good, itemhunt is there and classes are mostly balanced and all feel very diffrent
    Way better than diablo II
  44. Jul 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a game that was destined to be loved by critics and hated by many fans. The reason for this is that it actually is a fantastic game when viewed somewhat objectively, but can be viewed as too much of a departure from Diablo 2 by those who gaze upon that game with rose tinted glasses.

The fact is that Diablo 3 improves upon many aspects of Diablo 2. Concerns such as art direction and character development and permanence that were frequently expressed prior to release are no longer concerns. Though this could possibly be due to the prominence of other concerns, I think it's more likely because these are no longer concerns. Sure there are no more stat points, but they are replaced by the process of gear selection. No more permanent build choices, but the rune system is far more compelling and allows more experimentation and customization. I think the majority of current concerns from the playerbase stem from 2 things: the difficulty of the game and the perception of the AH and the Real Money Auction House. Diablo 2 never really made an attempt to be difficult; it could be beaten around level 60, but if you didn't have the skill or gear to do this, you could always level higher and beat it using your superior level. Diablo 3 doesn't have this option; once you hit max level you are presented with a whole "Hell" equivalent just for max level characters. Therefore, you have to be skilled or have great gear to beat it. This is a cource of frustration for many: Blizzard upon release stated that Inferno would be only for the hardcore players; but the truth is that if it is there, players will feel they haven't beaten the game until they've beaten it. This brings me to the 2nd perception which is the AH/RMAH. The problem with these is that in order to have a challenging game, the Inferno balance decisions must assume the best gear in the game, because this gear is obtainable in the AH. In Diablo 2 there was no such medium for trading; everything was done on fan site forums so there was no real way to see how your gear compared to the world at large. This leads to the perception that most of the gear that players find is crap, and that you have to obtain our gear on the AH to do well. This also frustrates many players. However, if you like a challenging game, neither of these complaints really bothers you.

I've spent a lot of time countering criticism that I see, but the game really is great. Superb artwork and art direction. The story/voice acting is not the best, but honestly I've failed to be impressed by these aspects in many games, including full blown RPG's like Mass Effect. Diablo 2's strength is the heart pounding action, and this game delivers on that.
  45. Jul 17, 2012
    Шедевр! 10 из 10.Обязательно для прохождения.Надеюсь эта игра станетШедевр! 10 из 10.Обязательно для прохождения.Надеюсь эта игра станет игрой года 2012!.Отличный сюжет,gameplay.графика тоже на уровне,отличный multiplayer Expand
  46. Jul 22, 2012
    the people that down-rate this game do so for personal vindictive reasons, the game itself is fantastic, after well over 150 hours of play time so far i can honestly say it is a well made game, the art style while different from previous installments Fits the game, the skill systems make for an ever changing environment and while the story is short, it completes what diablo 2 left off, thethe people that down-rate this game do so for personal vindictive reasons, the game itself is fantastic, after well over 150 hours of play time so far i can honestly say it is a well made game, the art style while different from previous installments Fits the game, the skill systems make for an ever changing environment and while the story is short, it completes what diablo 2 left off, the complaints of others are really just pointless raging. The game should NOT be rated poorly for its launch day problems, they where not the worst thing to happen with gaming. Expand
  47. Aug 28, 2012
    Alot of people knock this game because it's not D2 with updated graphics... Game has some flaws but every new patch addresses these issues and the game only is getting better.

The people rating this game a 0 are WoW players and console gamers who have no clue what the Diablo series is about....
  48. Sep 12, 2012
    Everything i have dreamed for last ten years come true. I dont rely on opinions of people who didnt play diablo 2 hardcore and neither dont understand reviews like "its boring to kill same monsters for months". Huh, i know hundreds of people who like their job and do same things for years! I dont mention diablo 3 is like a favorite job. Opposite, its a favorite hobby for me, and trulyEverything i have dreamed for last ten years come true. I dont rely on opinions of people who didnt play diablo 2 hardcore and neither dont understand reviews like "its boring to kill same monsters for months". Huh, i know hundreds of people who like their job and do same things for years! I dont mention diablo 3 is like a favorite job. Opposite, its a favorite hobby for me, and truly shows what i waited for, and what i live for at the moment. Best game in genre, (action-rpg without expansion pack). Expand
  49. Sep 23, 2012
    The people who give this game a low score in my opinion are unbelievable. Blizzard works their butts off for 12 years and they give us the same Diablo feel with better graphics and better gameplay. The skill system is better, allowing for so much more replayabiltiy. Sure it has its faults, like the constant connection thing, or the Auction House, but they dont change the gameplay of theThe people who give this game a low score in my opinion are unbelievable. Blizzard works their butts off for 12 years and they give us the same Diablo feel with better graphics and better gameplay. The skill system is better, allowing for so much more replayabiltiy. Sure it has its faults, like the constant connection thing, or the Auction House, but they dont change the gameplay of the original Diablos and that is great. Tie this along with new gameplay aspects, and fixed problems from the original games, along with Blizzard's well known skill at story telling with great cinematics and interesting characters, and you have one hell of a great game. Is it better then Diablo 2? Welll, it would depend on your point of view, but is Diablo 3 a must buy if you like action RPGs? 100% yes, I cant believe so many of you give it a low score based on some small things like the constant connection and the Auction House. Simply stated, if you liked Diablo 2, you will like Diablo 3, even with the small gripes that keep it from a perfect score, this game will hook you for hours on end with its various classes, endless amounts of loot, the flexible skill system that adjusts to your play style and the great story that Blizzard does so well at telling. Expand
  50. Feb 13, 2013
    People love to HAte games, Diablo 3 is the natural successor of Diablo 2. The story is amazing, the game play improved a lot and patch after patch made awesome. Gameeplay changed from the intial one with the paragon levels introduction, soon other features will be released for free in this game that is simply amazing. As all the hack and slash games it can be ripetitive, but this is whatPeople love to HAte games, Diablo 3 is the natural successor of Diablo 2. The story is amazing, the game play improved a lot and patch after patch made awesome. Gameeplay changed from the intial one with the paragon levels introduction, soon other features will be released for free in this game that is simply amazing. As all the hack and slash games it can be ripetitive, but this is what an hack and slash is, a farming game, you will be required to farm your items or you will need to buy them from other players on the auction house. Expand
  51. Apr 13, 2014
    This game isn't a step up from Diablo II, but is in NO means a step down. Beautiful graphics, voice actors, and cinematics make this game look like a masterpiece. Buy it.
  52. Nov 12, 2014
    It's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it'sIt's a shame the original release has saddled this game with such a negative score, because as the game stands today it's a masterpiece. I was looking for a game just as addicting as Diablo 2, but with improvements across the board. While I was dismayed by it's original state, I can happily say post-patches and post-expansion it is everything I wanted and more. Even as it was in it's original state I would have given it a 7/10, so it's obvious that those giving it anything below a "4" have the typical "gamer butt hurt syndrome". Some gamers have no sense of responsibility and just want to rag on a decent game because of one or two mistakes. Disgusting. In this day and age people listen to those reviews and act accordingly. Why bother posting an inaccurate review?

This game as it stands today is highly addicting, fast-paced, loot-gathering fun. The only thing I missed was not being able to assign attribute points, but I understand the reasoning behind taking it away. Thank god finally everyone gets their own loot drops! That was my major gripe about Diablo 2.

Any fan of Diablo games needs to pick this up...now! And everyone else should strongly consider giving it a try.
  53. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo 3 was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it gives a sense of fun and entertainment.

1. Aug 31, 2012