Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jun 20, 2012
    The company took almost every single thing that made the Diablo Series and removed it from the game.

It is now a hollow shell resembling that which Diablo once was.
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    They completely screwed up the loot system to promote the auction house. Inferno's difficulty curve is too steep, yet the loot rewards aren't exciting AT ALL, you just hope you get an item with good rolls, sell it on the auction house to buy stuff on it. And Diablo is all about the loot, it's the reason why we run higher difficulties.
  3. Jul 19, 2012
    I gave D1 and D2 high scores on another site, but this game is hands down the worst Diablo I've played, don't let some of the decent reviews fool ya, if you played D1 or D2 you're gonna most likely hate this game, if you haven't played either you might enjoy it. I am seriously at a lose for words on this game that is how disappointed I am with it.
  4. Jun 20, 2012
    Far too linear, far too easy at earlier difficulties, auction house, silly random loot generation (str/int gear?!), weird loot drops (weird mix of attributes, no sense of progression), oversimplifying the game - limited to only 6 buttons to use while the game offers a great deal of fun, if situational abilities, which you will never use as a result.
  5. Jul 12, 2012
    "Diablo 1.5"
    This game has nicer graphics than Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. It has a shared stash and some nifty little features like that. Other than that most of what players care about have been cut out of the game or reduced down to almost a child-level of simplicity.
    Compared to Diablo II: LOD, there are: Less users per game, less items, less heroes, less customization, less
    "Diablo 1.5"
    Compared to Diablo II: LOD, there are:
    Less users per game, less items, less heroes, less customization, less secret levels, less hero levels, less workable builds, less item affixes, less item types, no runewords, no jewels, no stats on heroes, no charms, no custom room names, etc. The list is extensive and I recommend dropping by the official forms: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ and asking there if you should buy the game or not, BEFORE YOU BUY IT. You have been warned!
  6. May 29, 2012
    Well I have to applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very pleased.

You've taken a game with so much hype built around it, a game with a rabid and wildly large fan base, a game vaulting off of the massive success of the previous generation - and you've turned it into your sacrificial lamb.

I understand that WoW is dying. The cash cow that you have been able to depend on to fill your coffers is finally drying up. It had a great run. MoP is not likely to defibrillate the failing heart of what was once the WoW empire, and you know this. Starcraft 2, while an amazing game, cannot replace this cash cow - then again it wasn't meant to. How could it? Your business foresight is very attuned. Because of this you carefully planned your next chess move: Diablo 3.

What better way to birth another golden goose than to bank an entire game off of the most addictive part of what Diablo 2 was: the item grind. Pure brilliance. And so, from the ground up, you formed this game to be solely about item exchange - this would be the titan built to replace WoW's subscription based bankroll in the form of micro transactions.

Except one thing: you're boring.

On May 15th 2012, after nearly a decade of anticipation, we were given Diablo 3! Except, it's not quite Diablo 3. It's a slimmed down, cut up version of the Diablo 3 everyone was taught to expect. Except, it wasn't given to us, we still had to pay you full price for it: $60.

My how the mighty hath fallen. Why is it not Diablo 3, you say? Well let's see. Anyone remember all those teaser videos spoon fed to the community over the past 3 years? Videos slowly leaking to us glimpses of the content we could expect to experience? I do.

From nearly FOUR years ago:

@2:10 "These current weapons just won't do!":

I guess scrapping this idea all together was more developmentally cost effective.

@6:30 "Let's see what a real fight looks like."

Indeed, lets. I'm still waiting, actually. Is it just me or does that environment look entirely more engaging than the atmosphere we've purchased at release?

@2:00 Did he say randomized, dungeons, quests and encounters?

If their idea of newly generated fights, quests and environments is a continuous cycle of the same things from a pre-conceived list, he's spot on!

So where's the beef? - some might say. The beef is that this is not Diablo 3, this is an imposter. A hologram. An artificial replacement. A lame duck substitute for what hype built it up to be. A cut up and slimmed down version of what should have been. In essence: a slaughtered, sacrificial lamb.

That leaves myself and thousands of others saying indeed, where is the beef? Blizzard's answer: there is no cow level. But hey, we got rainbows and unicorns!

Is anyone still in complete denial about how truly boring this game is or have people started to shake off the honey moon dust?

You eliminated enchanting, PvP, pet companions and other things from the release version so that you could market it as part of a later expansion for more money. (This is a trend in gaming that several developers have been following; withhold content you've been advertising for the past two years and charge a premium for it at a later date. I shouldn't have expected Activision-Blizzard to be any different, shame on me.

You didn't include a single player mode because you can't make money off of people if they aren't using the AH in a multiplayer format. Less work for you in the development stages, and forces people to engage in the micro-economy that your bankroll is based on. Again, brilliance. Which leads me to my final point

There is so LITTLE dynamic to this game I cannot believe it took this many years to create it. In fact, I don't. So why the long wait? I'll tell you: economic law. Years to iron out the legal details for a global launch of RMAH.

It doesn't take an overly intelligent mind to figure WHY they would want to use a RMAH and get a cut of (a lot of) the transactions. That's fine. Here's the problem: you built the entire game around a pure gear grind, and then force that gear grind to revolve around the AH, specifically the RMAH. There is literally no other dynamic. When you build a game from a purely business stand point, you're not building a great game - and a great game this is not.

In conclusion, gamers, do you really want to spend your time on yet another slave-like gear grind? If so, eat your heart out. You'll find no better place to do it! If not, there are a plethora of other games out there much more deserving of your $60, I promise
  7. Jun 27, 2012
    Crappy story , WoW-ish graphics , and awful itemization .. The game is dumbed down .Almost all choice posibilities are taken from the players .. There is no build diversity in inferno .. Only 2 or 3 builds remain viable .. The game is too auction house centric .. All in the name of greed ..
  8. Sep 21, 2012
    I gave up on Diablo 3, i really dislike the direction that the series moved in with the addition of the auction house, the always online connection needed, and the way they simplified the RPG aspects. I ended up removing it from my hard drive.
  9. May 29, 2012
    I created an account to simply write this review about Diablo III. I was a big fan of Diablo I and Diablo II. I remember staying up all night playing and playing to the point where my friends I passed out. Diablo I actually was a birthday gift from my friend and was simply unforgettable. Now fast forward to Diablo III. Here are the reasons why Diablo III should literally be pulled offI created an account to simply write this review about Diablo III. I was a big fan of Diablo I and Diablo II. I remember staying up all night playing and playing to the point where my friends I passed out. Diablo I actually was a birthday gift from my friend and was simply unforgettable. Now fast forward to Diablo III. Here are the reasons why Diablo III should literally be pulled off shelves and reworked:

1. Online Only Mode - To play this game by yourself you must constantly be online. All the time. No matter what. So this means you must rely on Blizzard's servers which are having a hard time with the volume.This also means when they decide to no longer support those servers your game will most likely be dead unless some private server linking occurs and then you're dependent on them.

2. Short - It took hours upon hours of dedicated work to beat the previous Diablos. This one takes no skill what so ever. The game is extremely linear to point of being 'race tracked' through the plot, start to finish.

3. Lack of Complexity - There isn't much in the way customization in the game. That is to say selecting specific skill groups or where to place points to strengthen the character as you see fit. When you level up you are alerted to what is new and you can select it if you wish. Skills points are automatically placed. Just imagine Need for Speed without the ability to customize the paint on the car... Or your only choices in Call of Duty was M16 or... M16 with an ACOG. I'm exaggerating a bit, but only a bit.

4. Atmosphere - The atmosphere of the first Diablos were incredibly dark and bleak. This one isn't exactly rainbows and unicorns, but it's definitely missing the styling queues from before. Example [spoiler kind of] when there is a reprisal of the Butcher, I expected to see piked bodies and blood splashed about. I saw some blood stains, some empty torture devices, a skeleton here and there, but not the disturbing imagery from before. The kind of imagery that made you apprehensive to put your character forward. Remember this game had gore comparable to Hostel at certain points...

5. Story - It's just terrible. It's just so predictable and so bland. Like the corny, "This mystery man is actually... MR. WITHERS!" type of plot.

Now to talk about the good things.

The things I did appreciate was the male/female versions of the classifications, the new classes offered, but to the detriment of not seeing some older classes. I miss the Necromancer. *Sniff, sniff* I thought the cinematics were great and the voice acting was well done. The music was ambient and was placed nicely. There was some annoying repetition with player/companion npc banter, but nothing too bad. I especially liked the new companion interactions with new areas and new people (additional companions you find along the way). It's like the Wizard of Oz! Ha!

Over all this game is terrible. I wouldn't buy another Blizzard game unless there was an ironclad user review that it wasn't absolute drivel. It seems like the total development time was dedicated to creating this auction house, the cinematics and the online only (DRM) with the game itself being slap dashed together. I think what bothers me the most now is the generally favorable reviews from professional critics. How did this game rate so high? Did they play something we didn't?
  10. Jun 6, 2012
    Ugh Possibly The Worst Game Of 2012!
  11. Jul 15, 2012
    The only reason I give this 4 points instead of 0 is because I *did* get ~150 of playtime out of the game, which, based on my videogame-buying philosophy that I want to get at least 1 hour of entertainment per dollar spent on the game, technically means that it was a good purchase. However, the reason I give it such a poor score is because I was expecting to get so much more out of it thanThe only reason I give this 4 points instead of 0 is because I *did* get ~150 of playtime out of the game, which, based on my videogame-buying philosophy that I want to get at least 1 hour of entertainment per dollar spent on the game, technically means that it was a good purchase. However, the reason I give it such a poor score is because I was expecting to get so much more out of it than I did instead of outright quitting after a month of playing it. Simply put, the game is a colossal disappointment. There is *no* way that it took Blizzard so many years to develop this game's engine, graphics, mechanics, etc. It's painfully obvious that the game, from the ground up, was built around the Real Money Auction House business model, and that's what most of its development time was sunk into. The game is probably fun until you hit level 60 and Inferno Difficulty, when you slowly begin to realize that the game was pretty much solely designed as a cash-grab on Blizzard's part. Feedback for the game has been overwhelmingly negative, but in response to this massive blowback, Blizzard has only made changes to the game that I believe only served to make the game even worse and even more of a disappointment. Just ask someone you know who quit, and if they didn't quit before Patch 1.0.3, that patch was almost certainly what pushed them to finally quit (that was the final nail in the coffin for me). It almost looks as if Blizzard is making changes based on what is most likely to force people to use the RMAH. Meanwhile, the Blizzard employees in charge of interacting with the community via the forums remain woefully silent about everyone's main gripes with the game, addressing only things that people largely don't care about, and sometimes being downright condescending to their player base. They really come off as implying "we'll tell you what's fun, and we are making changes to the game based on what we think is fun." It's as if Blizzard is refusing to face up to the fact that most of its fans hate the game and think it's a major disappointment. Many people feel as if they were bait-and-switched, and that they were cheated and lied to, and when one does some detective work pertaining to news about the game's development from years past, it becomes obvious just how many things were shown and then cut out of the game entirely before launch. This has been a major wake-up call for droves of Blizzard's once-loyal fans who auto-purchased all of Blizzard's games. They are starting to realize that this is not the Blizzard we used to know. Unfortunately, all we're dealing with now is another big, faceless game corporation that only cares about its bottom line instead of what its customers want. With Diablo 3 being lambasted from all directions as a major failure and disappointment, and the upcoming WoW expansion being largely regarded as a joke and/or "the death of WoW," it certainly looks like Blizzard is in a downslide, with 2 of its 3 franchises essentially in the toilet. Blizzard better hope it has something damn good up its sleeve with Project Titan. Even though I got so much playtime out of this game before I got fed up and quit, I still feel cheated out of my $60 because I, and everyone, was expecting this game to have so much more longevity. Expand
  12. Jun 18, 2012
    (Wouldve given it a ZERO but..)

(Wouldve given it a ZERO but..)

Diablo 3 = Grind to level 60, then grind endlessly for gear with absolutely nothing else to do once your there. Get completely random gear with random rolls with random stats from random things in random places... 99% of which will make you question why it is even in the game. (ie; level60 2-handed weapons dropping in Inferno Act4 with 100-200dps (while your gonna get murdered with 1000 dps weapons there.) But wait for PVP you say!? Why? So I can enter a game with some moron that dropped $250 on weapons and items in the Real Money Auction system? No thanks.

Summary: This game is 95~99% gear, and 1~5% skill. Anyone still wanna play it?

Good riddens,
    Someone elses future customer

P.S. The lack of response to combat the RMT spammers from sending friend invites, chat spam, and now whispers has made this alrady horrible game much much worse. Great job Blizzard. Wont EVER buy one of your half completed products ever again, and its because of your amazingly bad CUSTOMER SERVICE that will cement this decision as I submit my refund ticket.
  13. May 30, 2012
    Up Yours Blizzard. Up yours with my copy of this short, poorly designed game. Online only? Phsck you for that as well. The only possible reason that it's online only is for the DRM that you're refusing to admit to, nothing to do with the poor excuse of an auction house! It's no wonder you're giving this heap of crap out for free with the year long subscription to WoW. It's just that badUp Yours Blizzard. Up yours with my copy of this short, poorly designed game. Online only? Phsck you for that as well. The only possible reason that it's online only is for the DRM that you're refusing to admit to, nothing to do with the poor excuse of an auction house! It's no wonder you're giving this heap of crap out for free with the year long subscription to WoW. It's just that bad and you dorks know it!.. What the hell were the BETA TESTERS DOING IN THIS GAME!?!?!?!?!?!? Not telling us how poor it was going to be, that's for one sure thing... Expand
  14. Jul 24, 2012
    Simply put, AVOID this game. Don't be fooled by Blizzard's big name, they just plain failed with this game. The AH is an insult to this type of game, the crafting is a waste of time, drop rates are absurd and the likelihood that you get something for your class is abysmal. If I wanted to grind I'll play WoW, and the worse part of all this was Diablo was almost made into an MMORPG but thenSimply put, AVOID this game. Don't be fooled by Blizzard's big name, they just plain failed with this game. The AH is an insult to this type of game, the crafting is a waste of time, drop rates are absurd and the likelihood that you get something for your class is abysmal. If I wanted to grind I'll play WoW, and the worse part of all this was Diablo was almost made into an MMORPG but then they changed that to the game we know and hate. In THAT game the AH would have worked fine, NOT in this game. And then with the Real Money AH, honestly WTF were they thinking, or what were they trying to accomplish here. All I see that was accomplished was tarnishing the good name the was Diablo. Blizzard is dead to me, Diablo is dead to me. 70 Hours played and nothing to show for it, thanks Bliz, and F&%K You. Expand
  15. May 30, 2012
    If you are considering Diablo 3 you more or less know what you are getting in to. You pick a character, fight hordes of monsters, and loot their stuff. But what you might not know is that Diablo 3 is filled with poor design choices that seriously detract from the game play.

The biggest issue for me is the pacing. Blizzard assumes you are going to play the game through three or more times with the same character. But the bulk of most gamers experience is the first play through, perhaps with multiple characters. And Diablo's experience there is decidedly lackluster.

When my wizard finished the game at level 30, only 30% of her skill runes were unlocked That meant that although I had played through all the content I was still very restricted in what I could do with my character. To unlock all my skills, I'd have to play the exact same content with the same character two more times, which honestly I'll probably never do.

The order that the skill runes unlocked was also an issue. All of the core skill runes that my wizard used unlocked by the end of act 1, so I spent acts 2 through 4 with little to look forward to when I leveled. My level was just a number, there was no meaningful change. Yes my hit points went up and damage improved, but the monsters scaled up too, so essentially nothing happened.

Blizzard seemed to attempt to correct for the fact that you'd only have a fraction of your skills on the first play through by making the monsters numerous but easy. You will rarely be in any real danger. You just spam your primary attack, and they all die. Boss monsters can be more challenging, but are hit and miss as well - some easy, some of medium difficulty.

As a side effect of the spam your primary attack "strategy" is that the core mechanics of each class become irrelevant. In theory, the core mechanic of my wizard was her arcane power, which was in limited supply and regenerated slowly. However, the primary attacks of the wizard don't use arcane power and were more than sufficient for most everything you came up against, so arcane power didn't actually matter much. I believe that the class mechanics (rage, chi, etc.) have the same issue.

Put all that together and you can see why the experience on the first play through is not very good. Your character changes little after act 1. 90% of your time is spent spamming your primary attack. At the end of the game, you've only unlocked a fraction of your character; to unlock the rest you have to face the above again. And again.

Besides the pacing, there are also numerous design issues that detract from the game.

The skill UI is horrible. Simply horrible. It's confusing and overly complicated, while at the same time somehow managing to be tremendously restrictive in what you can do. The best thing I can say about the skill interface is that you won't have to use it that often past act 1.

Numerous Diablo 1 & 2 features were stripped out to "streamline" the game, but left confusing remnants. For example, identification scrolls are gone, as they were just cluttering up inventories. OK, I'm fine with that. But oddly, you still find items you have to ID, which you do by right clicking on them and waiting half a second. What's the point of that? Is Blizzard paid by the click or something? Similarly, the complex gem, jewel, and rune system has been removed, as it was complicated and required too much inventory management. But they left a modified gem system in which you can level up a gem cutter to be able to combine gems into other gems that you also won't use, because they are pretty much worthless.

Another poor game design component is how Blizzard treats characters and levels. As a player, a character is someone that I want to customize. Maybe I want my wizard to be a fire wizard, or a lightning wizard, or an illusionist. Levels are what I use to do so. But to Blizzard, the character class is the character... all wizards are the same. Same appearance, same voice, same skills, same back story, etc. And levels aren't a way to customize your character, they are a way to restrict content so that you have to put more hours into the game. Very unappealing approach.

Finally, the decision to force you to be connected to the internet... it definitely detracts from your experience. You WILL have to deal with server downtime and lag. And you WILL receive tells from people out of the blue when you just want to veg. It's annoyingly unnecessary.

All in all, I rate Diablo 3 a 4. It's OK at best. I'd pay $20 for it, but it's definitely not worth $60.
  16. Jun 27, 2012
    I played for about 100 hours on my main character and about 20 hours on the rest of my characters. Unfortunately, as is the standard with Blizzard games, you need to put this amount of time into the game in order to see anything relevant to the actual game. At about Act 4 Hell I discovered that the balance of the game is worked around the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). The reason this isI played for about 100 hours on my main character and about 20 hours on the rest of my characters. Unfortunately, as is the standard with Blizzard games, you need to put this amount of time into the game in order to see anything relevant to the actual game. At about Act 4 Hell I discovered that the balance of the game is worked around the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). The reason this is an issue is because pieces of gear are sold for around 100k minimum yet it takes around 2 hours to farm that amount prior to level 60. At 60, the rates increase a bit, but not enough to carry you to gear that will allow progression through Inferno; this gear is sold upwards of 300k gold each piece. All of this would be moot, except that as many others have also noted, the itemization is abysmal. I understand that not every piece is going to be usable, but over the course of 60 levels I managed to find only 2 or 3 pieces of relevant "rare" gear. This means that you end up playing a Chinese Gold Farming Simulator or opting into the Pay 2 Win (p2w) model. The story is definitely not worth playing for. However, the one saving grace for the game is Covetous Shen. Absolute gold. At least I was lucky enough to never have any connection issues like other players. Happy I got my refund though, as they (developers) severely broke the game. Expect D2 and be incredibly disappointed. Expand
  17. Jul 23, 2012
    I hate being negative but sometimes a man´s gotta do what a man´s gotta do. This game sucked big time. There are of course a lot of arguments that can be used and I´m sure my fellow critics have done so already so I´ll keep mine short and explain the thing that bothered me the most. But first of, the positive things.

I like the artwork and the story isnt half

I like the artwork and the story isnt half bad. I didn´t care all that much about the story because western RPG always suck compared to eastern (japanese) RPG:s. To complain about the story is thus a waste of time.

But I have witnessed the ultimate sellout of fans by a company with this game. Vivendi/Activision/Blizzard have lost all track of what made Blizzard such a successful company in the first place. Their hardcore fans, the gamers. With the release of this game, they spat on the face of every gamer out there. They made us buy a game that first of was incomplete, secondly it was unbeatable by default.

Who in their right minds releases a single player game in which a single player cannot finish the game?

Apparently Blizzard does.

This game is impossible to beat on inferno level (which is the endgame) without having to use the auction house. Keep in mind, this is a single player game. Why do I even have to use the Auction House?

For one reason, RMAH (Real Money Auction House).

It´s a great idea for the company, make players buy and sell gear whilst Blizzard makes cash without actually having to work. But for the players this means that the best gear will always sell for cash and that the ingame gold AH (Auction House) gets depleted of the best items.

RMAH is however acceptable even though it´s tacky as hell. If they wanna be greedy, sure go right ahead.

But in this case Blizzard has made the game so hard on inferno level that the usage of the AH was impossible to avoid. If AH is unavoidable then RMAH automatically becomes the next step.

But, don´t you get drops in the game?

Well of course you do, nothing usable but of course you do.

The loot system is innovative, the first game I have ever encountered where the highest item level (ilvl) on drops doesn´t mean that youre getting the best gear. I have gotten alot of the ilvl 63 which is the highest possible and yet I have nothing to show for it. My best gear is actually an ilvl 61 (it´s the best drop I have gotten and it beats my ilvl 63 bought gear), this after 250 hours of gameplay. "Then why do you even have item levels Blizz?", should be the first question they should answer.

Diablo 3 is the biggest pyramid scheme since the pyramids themselves:p and for this Blizzard should take a timeout in the corner and reflect on their shameful behaviour. Standing next to them should be the corrupt media that has given this game a good reviews. Shame on you, the free press, bought and paid for by lazy and greedy developers. I´m still giving this game 3/10 because of the artwork and the 250 hours of gameplay it gave me. But this was the last time Vivendi/Activision/Blizzard get´s a dime from me and I used to be a big fan.
  18. Jun 1, 2012
    Do not deserve a better note than 3,7 :
    Connection errors, no SP, and a good amount of bugs. Played it for 3 hours after I finally got back on to their bad servers.... thank God they didn't actually put SP in. The gameplay overall is just bad and so far the story is worse than the others. Overall so far it is just trash with the Diablo name on it.
  19. Jun 9, 2012
    It comes down to this, it is not a $60 game, there is maybe $20 worth of content here. This game is massively repetitive and it is designed to waste your time. The story is mediocre, the controls are sluggish, the balance is bad, there is no path finding at all for your character so you get stuck walking around corners. The only plus side really is it is a game you can play with yourIt comes down to this, it is not a $60 game, there is maybe $20 worth of content here. This game is massively repetitive and it is designed to waste your time. The story is mediocre, the controls are sluggish, the balance is bad, there is no path finding at all for your character so you get stuck walking around corners. The only plus side really is it is a game you can play with your friends, well after they patch the multyplayer issues. Oh and you will never find loot good enough to progress through the difficulties without using the auction house. There are man many games worth paying over this one. This is the first time a Blizzard product has flat out disappointed me. Expand
  20. Jun 18, 2012
    I have spent the last eight hours farming a random drop item to get into whimseyshire, a farming area. I still have not seen the npc pop that has a random chance of letting me get the item I need. this is one of six items required. Is this an asian MMO or what? It is also becoming increasingly clear that you cannot beat the game on the hardest difficulty without using the in-gameI have spent the last eight hours farming a random drop item to get into whimseyshire, a farming area. I still have not seen the npc pop that has a random chance of letting me get the item I need. this is one of six items required. Is this an asian MMO or what? It is also becoming increasingly clear that you cannot beat the game on the hardest difficulty without using the in-game Auction House(which is now shifting into real money sales). Steer clear of this game, Blizzard has finally put out a dud. Expand
  21. Jun 24, 2012
    One of the most disappointing games of 2012. I was really looking forward to this game since I stopped playing Diablo 2 in 2004. I was in the beta and the first 15 levels up to skeleton king showed lots of promise. The graphics while not cutting edge are crisp, the environmental effects are done well, and the spell animations are great. Unfortunately what the beta did not test (and IOne of the most disappointing games of 2012. I was really looking forward to this game since I stopped playing Diablo 2 in 2004. I was in the beta and the first 15 levels up to skeleton king showed lots of promise. The graphics while not cutting edge are crisp, the environmental effects are done well, and the spell animations are great. Unfortunately what the beta did not test (and I really wish it did!) was the end game. There are tons of issues why Diablo 3 fails at this, but here most of them in list form: 1) Blizzard's decision to allow ultimate flexibility with skills/specs, but at the same time limiting spec changing is just poor design. There is nothing fun about feeling like you can spec in numerous ways to overcome unique challenges, and then have to maintain some stale spec for the majority of your level 60 experience. Don't get me started if you accidentally mouse click near your skills as you can drag the skills off and reset your buff that gives you extra chance at finding gear the more elites you kill (stacks up to 5). As a demon hunter there are very few viable builds that will allow reliable killing of elite packs -- which is really where the end game is. 2) This brings me to my next point, killing elite packs that sometimes have insane affixes is not fun. Invulnerable minions and some other combinations are near impossible. Sometimes these mobs are positioned in areas where you can't actually progress unless you lure them away into a corner after repeated deaths. Sometimes the best solution is restarting the game which in my mind shows that this is also pretty bad design. 3) Blizzard gives us mixed messages on item stats. At one point they want you to be able to kill things quickly (hence the enrage timers), but on the other hand you sometimes need ridiculous amounts of defense stats to withstand normal wear and tear of battle. Gear that has the ideal mix of defense/offense is like winning the lottery. 4) Essentially the worst part of Diablo 3 is the fact that despite how long you may farm inferno and I have for weeks, you really never get anything decent. The amount of crap loot I've got for doing the same thing over and over again in Act 3/4 on inferno is mesmerizing. Accumulating gold requires playing hell or Act I inferno (where the chance to get good items is 2% or less, so its just gold farming). Since when is gold farming good game design? 5) Lastly the fact the real money auction house is even available despite the fact that over 2-3 weeks of farming nearly nightly for 2-4 hours I did not receive one upgrade from my demon hunter (with my friend playing as well) makes me think Blizzard wants this game to make money for them rather than have any good design or enjoyment. Lastly, haphazard patches with very little communication of what's changing or stealth nerfs makes me think this game really isn't salvageable. Extremely disappointing game with what could have been huge potential. Expand
  22. Kah
    Jun 28, 2012
    The game's story is a joke. Uncharismatic characters, predictable bosses. Do not have an element of suspense as the previous ones. Blizzard promised too much with this game and failed.
    The company seemed much more concerned with the auction system than with the game.
  23. Jul 24, 2012
    Played for 350 hours, used $100 on RMAH. I can finally farm act 3/4 without many problems except for idiotic elite comps. However, I did not get a SINGLE loot which gives me an upgrade.

Done.
  24. May 29, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a lot like StarCraft 2, if you liked the others you will like the new one; but if you we're looking for some new innovative and creative upgrades from the previous games then you will be very disappointed, like me. The background graphics are better than the actual environments you fight in, which are very boring and stale. Building up your character gets boring around level 30Diablo 3 is a lot like StarCraft 2, if you liked the others you will like the new one; but if you we're looking for some new innovative and creative upgrades from the previous games then you will be very disappointed, like me. The background graphics are better than the actual environments you fight in, which are very boring and stale. Building up your character gets boring around level 30 and there are only a few interesting, unrepetitive, enemies throughout the game.

I wish I could trade in my copy now to get as much money back as possible but because of the online connection and serial code required to play this game once you buy it you must keep it. Blizzard really needs to get its butt in gear if it plans to keep its fans because SC2 was a huge disappointment and now they have failed to deliver with Diablo 3. Blizzard, your fans need more than just a stale storyline and upgraded graphics. Try creating more interactive environments, different routes and decisions for quests, open environments, special multiplayer concepts (not just co-op). You (Blizzard) are destroying great series' of games and you not learning or listing to your fans; they want more than just new graphics and a one-way story.
  25. Jun 5, 2012
    Blizzard is deleting posts on the diablo 3 forums about refund rights and constructive critisism.
    I have never seen such an effort pulled by the community managers to censor the truth about Greedablo 3.
    The game itself is shallow, souless, nothing like diablo 1 and 2. I have been a fan Blizzard games since the early days of warcraft 1 and starcraft. I'm afraid there is NOTHING left of the old Blizz team. The true masterminds moved to other companies and only shallowness remains.
  26. Mar 20, 2013
    This isnt a game, its a cashcow. Pretty disgusting because Diablo II was great. Go to hell ActiBlizz
    Nasty DRM politic, casualized gameplay, everything else is bad, Im very dissapointed.
  27. Jun 20, 2012
    If you enjoyed previous installments of this series, you will not enjoy this one.

Terrible story.
    Terrible loot.
    Terrible time investment to loot ratio.
    Frequent patches to prevent anyone from playing the game other than the way they want you to.
    No variety of builds in end game.
  28. Jul 21, 2012
    avarage story and avarage graphics. A way too brief game for it's price. It's not even worth half the money. I mean, i won this so quickly, it felt like a joke to play it. I personally do not recommend the game to anybody, unless you can get it for free. I said to my friend, don't buy this, he tried mine through normal and he couldn't agree more. Blizzard needs to freshen up a bit. It'savarage story and avarage graphics. A way too brief game for it's price. It's not even worth half the money. I mean, i won this so quickly, it felt like a joke to play it. I personally do not recommend the game to anybody, unless you can get it for free. I said to my friend, don't buy this, he tried mine through normal and he couldn't agree more. Blizzard needs to freshen up a bit. It's getting old. Expand
  29. Jun 15, 2012
    I'm really surprised out how blatantly biased these game "critics" are. Do these people actually get paid? I've read so many of these 100% reviews that it literally churns the stomach. How can anyone think this game is good? It's 13 hours of solid gameplay, then the rest is repetitive grind. The voice acting is TERRIBLE. Terrible, god damn it. The game's customization steered away fromI'm really surprised out how blatantly biased these game "critics" are. Do these people actually get paid? I've read so many of these 100% reviews that it literally churns the stomach. How can anyone think this game is good? It's 13 hours of solid gameplay, then the rest is repetitive grind. The voice acting is TERRIBLE. Terrible, god damn it. The game's customization steered away from talent trees to this dumbed down "pick 6 skills and mash" system. Look up diablo 2 on gamefaqs and at their indepth/character guides and recognize how watered down this game is, compared to it's predecessor. The graphics are straight from the 2004 era, which, I can understand, considering blizzard strong arms you into playing online, but they could have at least used cell-shaded graphics. As it stands I won't buy the sequel, or any blizzard game at this point. It's down right appalling that people still buy the mountains of **** blizzard craps out and call it gold. This game is not gold, it's a long, tedious grind, that won't even last you 3 days. Worst of all, it's a loot game but it's so painfully randomized that you could spend your whole day grinding, even using exploits to make it go by faster, and never find a single piece of useful gear. You are better off going to the royal crypts loaded up with +Gold find, and buying **** off the AH. I have a firm belief that every game should last it's cost in hours. Diablo should have brought to me 60 hours of enjoyable time spent for the 60 bucks I had to pay. Instead I played it for 13 hours, enjoyed the cinematics, then the other 26 hours I begrudgingly put into it, I was banging my head against the desk, and the only thing that made it even remotely tolerable or why I kept going to begin with was because I had 6 people to play it with. I got skyrim 2 weeks ago and I'd say I'm about 20% through the **** game and still loving it. Sufficed to say, I haven't even touched diablo since and don't have the slightest desire to pick it up again, even if I played a new class. Blizzard really doesn't respect it's fanbase at all, if they think they can get away with marketing this and expecting us to eat it up. Game get's a 2/10, for not meeting my hour to cost quota, wasting 20+ hours of my life, and in all honesty, being drastically underwhelming for a game I have been waiting 10-11 years for. What. a. letdown. Expand
  30. May 28, 2012
    Gameplay/fun = 7.5 - (When playable)
    Server/support = 0 - Game is not playable in current form - spend some money on Australian servers
    RPG elements = 5 - little customisation no way to make a great (or bad) character as all players are the same if leveled up Graphics = 5 - ok but from 5 years ago Story = 7 - what you expect for this type of game Verdict = Simplified but fun game when
    Gameplay/fun = 7.5 - (When playable)
    Graphics = 5 - ok but from 5 years ago
    Story = 7 - what you expect for this type of game
    Verdict = Simplified but fun game when playable, should have been better. Recommendations - don't buy it in Australia at the Aussie price - at peak hours you may not be able to play the game you paid for or it will lag sooo much you will smash your computer in frustration. Wait for Torchlight 2 at half the price and double the fun. If the game was playable wih decent server support then score would be 6/10 but after buying a game I would like to play it and I can't. Might be ok if another company did this too me but Blizzard should give us better with their multiplayer history and amounts of money from making the game.

1. Aug 31, 2012