3.9

1. May 20, 2012
    This game is amazingly fun. It's too bad that so many people gave it bad reviews simply because of connection issues. Just listen to the critics on this one.
  2. May 18, 2012
    Great game and a worthy sequel. Enough changes to keep you coming back, and multiple skill levels to keep you coming back. Not even sure what they haters were hoping for, just Diablo 2.5? No changes in gameplay? No changes in anything? Sorry guys, that's not a sequel. If you love D2 so much, go back and play it and keep the nerd rage about server issues to yourself. People that complain about stuff like that have never really had real issues in their life. Expand
  3. May 16, 2012
    Despite an initial hiccup with the login/game servers and a few bugs here and there, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to the series. The graphics are better than on-par for 2012, the skills are creative, the classes astounding, and the storyline entertaining.
  4. May 16, 2012
    This game spooked me like no game since the first Diablo has. The story is epic, the narrative well-integrated with gameplay, which is cutting edge for the genre. I know I'll be playing it for months to come.
  5. Fix
    May 21, 2012
    This game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected to the internet regardless. Also, playing solo isn't nearly as fun as playing in a group. Expand
  6. May 18, 2012
    I played both previous episodes and the 3rd one is no disappointment for me. Gorgeous graphics, beautiful music and very good gameplay. All of this enabled us and our friends to find the exact same pleasure as before when we allied to fight the forces of evil.

Even if there were some connections problems on 1st day, they disappeared on 2nd day.

Good job Blizzard
  7. May 21, 2012
    Diablo 3 is incredible. After 12 years of waiting, I can say without a hint of reservation that this is the one game I've played since Grand Theft Auto IV that has delivered. That being said, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. There have been a number of changes which may polarize diehard fans of the original, but that I think make for a more enjoyable experience. Diablo 3 is a cooperative game. The loot system ensures that everyone gets their own drops. You know longer have to be the fastest clicker to get loot.

The combat is more interactive. You have a set of abilities to choose from that work like a toolkit. You can customize your character on the fly and choose abilities that work better with different classes.

For instance, I play a Barbarian. If I'm grouped with a lot of ranged, I'll use my AoE stuns, and taunts. I also plug in my defensive traits. If I'm running with other melee, I'll use my cleave abilities etc. If I'm soloing, I'll run offensive abilities.

The trait system is like Guild Wars. You have a set of abilities, up to six at any given time which you can swap in and out as well as some passive abilities that add things like extra crit, more health drops, etc.

Also, gone is the potion-spamming **** You can actually play this game. You don't just run into a group of enemies spamming pots, and praying you don't get gibbed. You can actually use your brain to solve problems.

You don't die as much. This isn't a bad thing. Diablo 2 was known for just kind of **** you every now and again. Diablo 3 will still **** you over, but only if you're a derp. In Diablo 3, you can actually use strategy to succeed as opposed to cookie cutter builds, must-have equipment, and button spam.

As for the red scores. I get it. Blizzard's servers were down on launch. They're up now. They're stable, and the game rocks. If you want to play the natural evolution of a genre-creating title, get Diablo 3. You won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for the same old, exploit-ridden derp-fest that is diablo 2. Then just buy Diablo 2. Also, if you want to skip all that real money auction house **** Play on Hardcore.
  8. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  9. May 18, 2012
    Is the perfect game. No other near in the Action/RPG. If you want a great PC game, Diablo III is de PC GOTY. A lot of people put 0 to this game. Those people is subjective.
  10. May 15, 2012
    As an avid D1/D2 player from release, this game is a worthy sequel. I have no clue what is persuading so many people to have such a raging tantrum. It's ridiculous.
  11. May 19, 2012
    Diablo III is a great title and you cannot go wrong with it if you're in the market for old-school gameplay. Most reviews on this site seem to be written by people who expected the second coming of Christ instead of the return of a classic, fantastically-retro video game that is firmly focused on its simple core hack-and-slash mechanics, gorgeous loot and engaging story. This is not a game to rush through, but to savor and enjoy in small, delicious slices. People tend to forget that Diablo's charm lies in its own simplicity. People looking for anything other than compulsive clicking and looting should play different games, fortunately the world is full of alternatives. For me, Diablo III is what I wanted. Thanks Blizzard for sticking to the core of this franchise instead of trying to make it something else. Expand
  12. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  13. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  14. May 17, 2012
    That's a great game, and all you haters aren't gonna change it. Flaws with connection to servers at start are fact, but now they are gone, and all it's left is old, good Diablo.
  15. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  16. May 17, 2012
    Simply put. This game is everything I could have hoped for! It still feels like Diablo while adding tones of new features! The servers went down the first two days, but I feel that should not impact the games over all quality or review. I have played hour and hours of it already and feel that it is one of the best games I have played in a long time.
  17. May 16, 2012
    This game has surpassed my expectations. It is gorgeous, sounds great, is ridiculously fun, and infinitely replayable. It is a much better multiplayer experience than D2. I don't know have anything to complain about except how it's going to monopolize all of my limited free time. Server overloads aside, it's been a flawless experience.
  18. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  19. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  20. May 16, 2012
    I'd realistically rate it somewhere between an 8 or 9... I've played about three hours so far and it's very fun. Only got one error 37... Recommended.
  21. Mar 4, 2014
    Since Loot 2.0 this game is cracking good fun. It took a while (perhaps too long) to iron out the creases. The haters gonna hate. But it is now close to perfection. I still can lose hours to it no worries.
  22. May 17, 2012
    This is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, in this modern day, a sequel is no more than an expansion with a high-res texture pack in the guise of a sequel. Since it seems the industry is committed to this formula, here is Diablo III, doing the same things it predecessors did but with a few more features and more glitz. In this sense, it is perfect. However, there was a time where this game would have had to be much more than it is. Expand
  23. May 16, 2012
    First of all, I played diablo 1 for some half hour, and didn't play diablo 2 at all. That's because I really dislike hack and slash games. And then Diablo 3 happened to me, since I play wow and they simply gave it for free for 1 year subscribers. That was first plus in my book. When I finally started 1 hour after 00.00 (yes, everyone tries to connect, and blizz aint gonna spend 3x more money just for players to be able to log on in the 1st hour of launch. On that note, I don't understand the drm runt, you knew its gonna be there, you knew theres gonna be problem in first few days with servers. Blizz doesnt support piracy and actually is investing some money to fight it), pluses just kept showing in my book. Story, lore and dialogues are very good. Its par with much more serious titles, not just hack and slash (bear in mind that I didn't play dibalo 1 and 2). Graphic is not top notch technically, but artistic impression is fantastic. When you're playing multiplayer, and when you gain some levels, and when you came across some 50 monsters with their abilities, its explosion of colors (in good way) from spells, abilities, blood and gore... excellent, and without any graphical hickups.
    there's also good deal of side dungeons (that are not connect to main quest). Another good thing is when you logoff, and then back on later everything resets except main story. Dungeons are not where they used to be (if they are there at all, but there can also be more dungeons than last time), layout is not the same etc., so this adds a lot to replayability . All in all, as someone who didn't play diablo before, and someone who doesn't like hack and slash at all, I have only words of praise for this title. Blizzard didn't disappoint me (again :)). I would give it 9, but seeing all this nerd rage, it's 10, this game deserves much more than 3.6 average
  24. May 20, 2012
    I'm a veteran WoW player who is new to the Diablo series; D3 is my first Diablo game. I see that some players have had harsh things to say about the game because of launch issues and the changes to the game to make it more accessible to a wider audience. For me, I've had zero technical issues installing and playing the game -- same for my friends who play (except for one two-hour downtime on release day). Further, I'm having a ball! I love this game. It's total fun, and my friends (who are old-time Diablo game players) are loving it, too. I really think the complainers are in a very small minority. Kudos to Blizzard for another incredibly good game! Expand
  25. May 21, 2012
    Really great game. Blizzard have managed to create a game with the gameplay from the second game, and the mood from the first. Only have positive things to say about the game. I see a lot of flaming about downtime etc, but what the hell do people expect? To the flamers that expected 100% uptime after launch, grow some balls and try to understand the issues related to a release this massive. It isnt the latest version of solitare. Great game, great story, awesome overall. Ty Blizzard! Expand
  26. May 15, 2012
    I love this game! The art direction the feel and the flavor of the characters is spot on. The story so far has been masterfully told and I find the game is very immersive and hard to put down once you have started. I have not yet used the auction house. I probably will dabble it it a little in the coming days.

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a
    half hours and while that does reflect poorly on Blizzard it is not related to how I score the game. Knowing Blizzard, by the time you read this, server issues will be sorted and we'll enjoy years of trouble free entertainment. Expand
  27. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.

When you Score the
    Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay Expand
  28. May 17, 2012
    This is just sad; not the game. But these Laymen critics giving D3 0,1,2,3 scores. But you read through them, and i have, not one of them actually rate the game, but rating Blizzard as a company and their shortcomings on the releasedate. "i can't play my game on the releasedate as promised by Blizzard...boohoo..."
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"

With that being said; i really like
    this game (THE GAME! Not Blizzard). Ok, the story may lack a little something, but that i can look passed! I like the fact, that i don't need to make more than one character of the same class to try out all the skills. I like the newest feature, the auction house, which is playerbased and not a third party based. And the fact that each class has both a male and female hero/heroine.
    The skilltree is gone - lovely! No more restrictions on that part.
    The sound and graphics are beautiful!
  29. May 15, 2012
    This game is perfect in very aspect, the cinematics are incredible the graphics are amazing , its the best hack'n'slash of all time, try it and you will love it
  30. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 got so much love, it's fun. Just few seconds and you are already in action. You can never get bored. The graphic is polished, always a delight of colours and lights. You can choose to level up your crafting skill, but it's not mandatory.
    If there is a little bad point is the chat not visible while not playing. I loved chatting in D2 or WC3 while out of the battle, I don't get why
    they changed it. Expand
  31. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better.
    Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  32. May 15, 2012
    Beware of TL2 and hater Trolls that try to make D3 less than what it is, a great game!!!

D3 surpasses D1 and D2 in nearly every way with nostalgia blinding many fans.The rest of the negative trolls are pissed off because the D3 servers are down due to insane demand and bug fixes on day 1!!! Gamers are laughs!
  33. May 18, 2012
    I find it very unfortunate that people are using Metacritic as a forum to voice their displeasure over the game's launch day server issues. Shame on you people. Go post on Blizzard's forums or email them and tell them how PO'd you are. This is not the place, we're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME here, not its servers issues (which lasted less than 2 days). The fact of the matter is Diablo 3 is an extremely fun, highly polished game that's oozing with quality in all aspects of it's design. Expand
  34. May 15, 2012
    Game's fun as **** Played through Act 1 with 2 friends, taking it kinda slow it took us about 3 hours, but people have work so we'll be starting up again later this evening - can't wait to get back into it!
  35. May 17, 2012
    Having a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those who feel like they can give a game a zero just to whine and complain. Expand
  36. May 17, 2012
    I played through hardcore on my first run through and had an absolute blast. The story was engaging despite being pleasantly cheesy at times. The boss fights were often challenging even in the first Act. More importantly, it was just plain fun.

If you're a fan of hack and slash RPGs and love the retro isometric view, you'll love Diablo 3.

Also, for the record, please take all the reviews
    on May 15th with a grain of salt. That was release day so these reviewers either did not play the game, or had barely progressed through it. There is no way they could give an honest review. Expand
  37. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it and play the game without complaining, you might actually enjoy it. Expand
  38. May 16, 2012
    Great game! Graphic is neat - not because of high polygons, particle effect and anty-aliasing **** Game looks awesome even on low deails - beacuse o 3d grapics and 2d elemnts - plus brilliant use of perspective. This game wont get old in next couple of years. Gamplay is fun and progresively more challenging. Co-op is a heart of the game, and game forces players to use theri heads and tactics often.

Customisation is great, many viable builde, not only 2-3 ways to spend the points to gest best build... And if you get bored - you change it almost instantly. Story wasn't the important part of Diablo 1 & 2 and even hack'n'slash genre - but in diablo 3 the improved it a lot. All dialogs are read by actors, so you wont get lost in the middle of the game. And the story itself is pretty intresting.

I had small amounts of DRM - related problems, i belive they disappear in couple of days. I like the idea of on-line game, taht you can almost instantly join your friends, with real mony AH (which i can pay for blizz games) and the patches - because i belive that blizzard will work a lot to improve user experience. Worth all the money, dont listen to impatient hater kids. I was playnig thidty minutes after midnight (only couple of times had error 37) and no problems after that.
  39. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game. Diablo 3 has set the bar once again for the dungeon runner genre. Not only is the click, click, loot mechanics extremely responsive and tight but it's sweeping change in how abilities are unlocks and chosen makes this great innovation to the genre. Going from level 1 - 60 you are given at least 1 new ability to try out at no expense to the player. This allows for customization throughout multiple play-throughs of the game.

The graphics aren't that great but you can make them look significantly better by going to this site and downloading the custom directx 9c shaders: http://darkd3.com If you like dungeon runner games centered around loot and re-playability then Diablo 3 is for you. Did I mention the huge amount of random quests and tile sets used to create unique world locations every time you play?
  40. May 24, 2012
    This is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positive one from a game design standpoint. It has made the game more accessible to more people, increased flexibility and customization, improved the community, and overall improved the entire game over its predecessors. I would challenge anyone to find someone new to the series, sit them down, and have the new player compare Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 where the person would not chose Diablo 3 over 2.

Common complaints: The story isn't great. - This is true, the overall storyline isn't bad, but the writing certainly isn't top-notch. I'll admit this is one area Diablo 2 beats Diablo 3. Graphics aren't gritty enough - I don't see this one. There's plenty of bloody bodies all over the place. Piles of corpses, torture equipment and gore aplenty, in some areas more than others. But it's always fitting the setting. And this is true in D2 as well. If you really compare screenshots from both games side by side, you'll find less difference here than many seem to claim. Yes, the art direction did change, and Blizzard Irvine has more of a Warcraft/WoW mentality than Blizzard North had. But even with the change in art direction it's still reasonably true to its predecessor. Others claim it's cartoony, certainly a matter of opinion and up for debate, but I don't find D3 significantly more cartoony than Diablo 2 was.

Always on connection - Considering how full of hacks and dupes Diablo 2 became from it's offline nature. I'm really glad for this. An internet connection is pretty much ubiquitous anywhere you go anymore. Any hotel worth staying at has internet. Any of my friends or family's places have internet. The coffee shop down the street has internet. My supermarket has internet. There's really very few places I could go to get away from it. And certainly anywhere I'd want to play D3, I'd have an internet connection available. This is simply no longer an issue for the vast majority of people in a developed nation. It also comes with the perks of always being able to see your friends' games and being able to hop in and join them. Or chat with friends playing WoW or SC2. I'm not really sure if I'd call it DRM, but as far as DRM goes, this is pretty innocuous. There are many far worse examples of DRM out there to be found.

Skill/Attribute distribution is gone. - Awesome, now people can't screw up their characters because they didn't go to some website to read about strategies that are valid in Hell difficulty. Fact was, even with the skill/stat distribution, by the time you reached the end game, nearly every viable build had the same stat allocation, and most classes only had a couple viable skill allocations. The people who think this was a good idea either never played at the highest levels, or did, and just wanted to stand out as being somehow better than someone new to the game who simply didn't know better. No one should ever have to re-make a character for it to be viable just to play at higher difficulties.

No character customization - This one partially ties in with the last point about abilities and skills. I think I've made my point there. For everything else though, Every Diablo 3 class has more abilities (considering runes for the most part significantly change an ability's effects and visuals), every class can be both genders, Every major piece of armor shows up visually on your character. You can dye your armor. The customization in D3 is terrific, it's just all done through gear and ability selection. There are more viable builds for every class in Hell/Inferno in D3 than there are for each class in Hell in D2.

I like the graphics, I enjoy the music and sound design. I like the art design. I enjoy the game. I enjoy the mechanics of the game. I love the multiplayer, and easily hopping into games with my friends. My wife enjoys the game. My friends all enjoy the game. I've not heard a single complaint from any of them outside of an occasional lag spike. At the time of writing this review the User Score for D3 is sitting at 4.1, and not a single person I know on my friends list (all 20 of them) would rate this at less than an 8. I realize that's anecdotal evidence at best and a statistically insignificant data sample, but I feel it's still pertinent. Ignore the whiners with the sense of entitlement that didn't get what they wanted. Diablo 3 is a lot of fun, and well worth the money.
  41. May 18, 2012
    Please don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have no opinion whatsoever. They probably never had an original thought in their tiny brains, so by listening to the masses you may as well downgrade your IQ by 60 points. What it is with gamers and their sense of self entitlement? Big bunch of whiney panzie asses, that I'm embarrased to be grouped with these morons who litter gaming and quite frankly should be banned on some trumped up STUPID CLAUSE. I am sure somewhere its a sin to be this dumb. This whole affair is turning into another ME3 (another fine game torn to pieces by Idiots who didn't get what THEY wanted) Anyhow, Diablo 3, whilst isn't going to set the world on fire with originality, is awesome fun solo and fantastic fun with four mates linked in. A worthy purchase, if with the draconian DRM . Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    Lets review this game based on login errors and not being able to play. Metacritic user scores were always a joke, but this is just the nail in the coffin for this site. Terrible, terrible site.
  43. May 16, 2012
    I have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over the other. Unlike most ARPG's the story really interests me and the world has a host of back story that's a joy to discover, the lore is very well crafted. I'd be tempted to give the game a 10, however the always-online aspect slightly tarnishes its otherwise flawless image for me, but this is only a minor issue and I'd recommend the game to anyone. All these negative reviews are beyond me, I've not had a single issue since buying the game, it's so unjustified giving a game 0 because you got an error message, these reviews are meant to be about the game itself surely? Expand
  44. May 16, 2012
    People can say what they want, but most of the changes are for the best. If you played all the Diablo's it is easy to see within about 5 minutes that it is more fun, more depth, and takes more skill to play.
  45. May 18, 2012
    definitely a step up in the franchise. Worried about customization? Just do the math. there is more options in D3 than D2. And end game content, and cheat-free CUZ ITS ONLINE THANKS BLIZZARD.
  46. May 15, 2012
    This game is good - awesome in fact. Everything from the music, animations, story and combat.
    It never made any difference whether you could choose your stats before - why does it now? Weapon choice is amazingly dynamic, likewise with combat.
    Coop play is great and easy to jump in and out of games. My initial drawback was how colourful it was - but as an adult, you tend to get over these
    things.

Reading most of the negative reviews - most were posted before people even played the game...a useless indication to people wanting to play this game off these reviews. Too many whiny fanboys not getting in 1 second after it's release...but that doesn't do the game justice
  47. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  48. May 17, 2012
    Pretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had a bad launch, and if you're a gamer.. you already knew this would happen. The only reason I think a game should be rated 3 and below is if it has a massive amount of bugs that never got patched, along with being an overall terrible game. Expand
  49. May 16, 2012
    The game is awesome. I feel enchanted, addicted and not going to have enough of it for a looong time.
    A lot of 0's for 1st day's high server traffic. Today - second day - no problems connecting at all.
    Haters gonna hate..
  50. Jun 4, 2012
    Great update to a legendary franchise. All of the Diablo 2 hack and slash action in a more streamlined package. My only complaint is the addition of the DRM. It's a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. Pirates are always going to find a way to pirate games and all DRMs do is frustrate paying customers.
  51. May 16, 2012
    The game launch had issues. They were annoying. Yet all massive multiplayer games like this have those issues. They will be resolved quickly...and in a year no one will remember. I won't focus on those issues.

The game itself is fantastic - very reminiscent of Diablo II. Much of the game seems to be a shout-out to the first two. I find myself loving the new skill system even though I was
    critical of it pre-release. The lore is a lot more front and center than it was in the previous entries...but it still doesn't overshadow the gameplay. The graphics could be a little more dark and gritty - but they aren't terrible, and the visuals "pop" in many areas. I wish textures were a little higher quality, but Blizzard wants the game to be accessible to a lot of players.

So far I've gotten to level 21 on a Monk (mid-way through Act II I'm guessing) and I also have a level 10 Barbarian. I haven't encountered any in-game bugs...the only issues seem to be with the servers.

Either way, I highly recommend this game. My one reasonable review won't counter the hundreds of "rage 0 scores", but hopefully someone will read it and realize it isn't as big of a deal as it is made out to be. This game will be played for years and years, one bad launch day should not affect a thing.
  52. May 24, 2012
    This game is beast, most of the bad reviews are from noobs who couldn't get on the first night and nerd raged. I never thought I would find a game that was more insanely fun than WoW but this game is it!
  53. May 18, 2012
    Heyyo, The witch Doctor is definitely an amazing addition to the game and I love how it's not the same **** repeated. Also? the game doesn't deserve a user score of 0 just because you didn't like the DRM or Graphics. The storyline is ok for a hack and slash... still more storyline than Diablo 1... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the game is going to be about Diablo so how much difference did you guys really expect? The only way they could drastically change the story is to change the location or time... and then you'd **** if they made a game like Diablo 40k or such and it wasn't just Diablo with different character models. Yeah the skill tree is really basic, but it makes fights more strategic since you have to think about what skills you want beforehand instead of being able to just cast as you please (btw check into the "Elective mode" setting ya n00bs) and if you try to rebind on the fly you get pwned.

The server issues is by far the lamest thing about the game yes, but Steam had a rocky start... same with each new COD yearly game but you don't hear anyone ****ing about those anymore do ya? Same thing will happen here.

I find this game more entertaining than Diablo II mainly for the fact it so far hasn't gotten boring after the half way point (I always get bored of D2 in the Jungle part and uninstall). Diablo III seems to be more of a homeage to Diablo 1&2 than it is a completely new experience, so treat it as that, and if you want a different experience? Try a game like Magicka, Torchlight or Silverfall. They are plenty good as well. :P
  54. May 21, 2012
    After completing the game once, I can say that it is almost everything I hoped it to be. The gameplay is awesome. It is the only aspect that is really much better than Diablo II. At first it seemed that the game was too easy, but the boss of Act 2 changed that and after that the difficulty was more reasonable. Of course I didn't try higher difficulties yet, but they will be even more fun i'm sure. Gameplay - 10/10
    The sound is really as good as Diablo II although the music is very different, but still very good. Voice acting is also great although I was a bit disapponted with Diablo's voice. Sound - 10/10
    The graphics are also very nice, but of course the new art direction sometimes reminds us about Warcraft too much. I hoped that it would be a bit darker, but it is possible to change the colors and contrast with a kind of a "mod". The character models are really interesting (although again, it would have been nice if there was more effort put in Diablo's ingame model) and all the places also look really great. Graphics - 9/10
    And finally the story. I will try not to spoil anything by only writing abstract thoughts about some storyline decisions. Unfortunately, it is the weakest aspect of Diablo III. It was really predictable and some characters are just not right for Diablo universe. It seemed as if there was not a lot of effort put into it. Especially the storyline about the Black Soulstone was a bit too simple I think. The main chracters were all interesting, although the scoundrel and the jeweler were kind of annoying. Also I didn't really like what was done to Tyrael. The ending was good but it left some trivial and more serious unanswered questions. I think that there could have been a bit more explaining about what happened after the last boss fight. With that been said I think the story (and Diablo's voice) was the only thing that disapponted me a bit, but it wasn't bad of course - it just could have been better. Story - 8/10
    So my final rating would be 9.25/10 but I am giving it 10 because the majority of bad ratings here were given just because these people couldn't log in to the game or just couldn't pirate it because of constant online connection. Of course, it had serous launch problems, but those angry with this should't have come here and rate the game 0, they should wait for Blizzard to fix them. So, thank you, Blizzard for going away from WoW a bit and giving us a sequel to one of the best games of all time, not ruining it in the process. People are definitely going to play Diablo III for years to come.
  55. May 15, 2012
    This is not Diablo 2. It is not the same as Diablo 2. however, it is a worthy successor, keeping the engaging and addicting gameplay while tweaking a few things here and there. Give it a try before dismissing it. This will certainly be a wild ride!
  56. May 31, 2012
    A lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. The graphics wont blow you away but they get the job done and allow great visual design for a top down view game. There is so much going on you need all the bright and dark difference in color to follow the action and act fast and accordingly. Music in a headset is just right and dosnt try to rock you out and become annoying. Play control may take a bit of getting used to for some but is second nature once you just except it and practice. It takes the kind of player who really enjoys the lure of power and progression with a true sense that you earn it as it becomes harder and harder to grab that great gear. If your just a casual gamer looking for a story or some kind of game that changes gaming forever than you may not find the appeal of D3, but for all of you who are min maxers and loot whores who love that challenge and satisfaction of becoming the most powerful player you can be, than this game will drive you forward with the promise of power better than any game that has come before. Expand
  57. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  58. May 20, 2012
    This game are so awesome. I still waiting for 12 years ago for this game, and this is perfect for me.
    The history and the gameplay is true to the Diablo series, and the development for the Characters, is very special. It's true. We don't can assign points in strength, dexterity, vitality and Intelligence. but, In this time, We'll have to see objects and statistics of our luggage, to get
    what we want. With ability to do many builds of combat. This game is no longer suffering from the error 37 or 75. Not even the Templar and bug shield.
    Thus, enjoy this game, start to shut up and good luck in your fight against Diablo.
    As one would say in my country:
    ¡ A VICIARSE ! :D
  59. May 16, 2013
    I'll never understand the negative comments on this game.. its WAY up there as one of the best PC games every made. Complaints about needing an internet connection are about 20 years out of date. Complaints about repetitive game-play miss the point entirely of what is one of the best examples of an ARPG. Its highly polished, very accomplished and extremely mature. Miss it and you'd be nuts.
  60. May 15, 2012
    I'm going to start by addressing DRM and the online nature of this game, since that seems to be what most people here want to discuss. Whether you live in Asia, Europe or "the Americas," Diablo 3's midnight launch (and unless you were lucky enough to live in certain time zones, wasn't actually midnight launch). The servers were unable to handle the traffic, and a lot of people couldn't play. That said, WoW and Starcraft 2 experienced the same issues at launch, and today they are recognized as some of the best games within their genres. The day of launch is the WORST day to play these games, as they have historically been very rocky due to the absurd amount of people trying to connect. I understand why people are upset at the always-online requirement of these games, but for me they are by no means a deal-breaker. That said, if you have a decent computer and a good internet connection, you owe it to yourself to try Diablo 3. It is one of the easiest games to play and yet one of the most satisfying. The art in this game is fantastic, it's moody and at times looks painted onto the screen. Although the environments are linear and restrictive, Blizzard has done a lot of nice things visually to make the places you explore seem vast and epic. There are huge vertical drops and lots of detail everywhere to keep the places you explore nice places to be. The combat is very simple, but the large amount of skills and modifications for those skills keep you looking forward to the next level up. The skills themselves also feel incredible to execute. Bashing things as a barbarian has never felt so right, and there is something righteous about throwing a giant jar of spiders at your enemy as a witch doctor. Killing elite monsters and watching as loot with different colored fonts showers from their corpses is still one of the most elating feelings in gaming, even if your left mouse button is doing the bulk of the work.

In short, I've been waiting for Blizzard to make this game for 12 years, and already the game has delivered beyond my expectations. Do think, buy.
  61. May 18, 2012
    Excellent game. They have reworked all game mechanisms that needed to be reworked and now the game is far better than diablo 2.
    In addition, the level design is just impressive and so beautiful.
  62. May 15, 2012
    Connection issues suck but they are a very temporary issue. Core game play is solid and everything we have come to expect in the Diablo franchise. Way to go Blizzard, good job.
  63. May 18, 2012
    Regardless of sever errors, simple in-game lag and DRM protection, Diablo 3 delivers a truly remarkable experience, and a world incredibly generous with it's adventures and goodies. The world of Diablo 3 is simply indulging, unique and highly artistic in every perspective, it brings back a world of terror in a new and beautiful way, it's simple interface and variety of choice makes it even more addicting, it will definitely leave you wanting more, it is a true Blizzard masterpiece. Expand
  64. May 17, 2012
    The best hack 'n' slash I've ever played. Really immersive. I don't know, why there's lots of negative comments- IT IS A GREAT GAME! About servers: I don't have problems. Once I can't log into the game, there is no problems afterwards.
    I trully recommend this game, it's perfect!
  65. May 17, 2012
    fter giving the game some time and ignoring the problems with the servers on launch day i got to say that this game is amazing.People are giving this game a 0/10 here because they couldnt connect on launch days...they give it a bad rating because it uses a different stats/skillsystem then diablo 2 but havent yet seen how much more options this system gives later on.In fact u are STILL managing your stat points later.You dont do it @ lvl up anymore but with GEMS and ITEMS.They are the MAIN SOURCE of stats point later in the game and you can place them as free as you want.If you want an barb full of int for some fancy fun build you can do it.The stat points given from items/gems is ALOT higher the the one from lvl ups.(iam a lvl 42 with around 700 dex.My char gains 3 dex per level.You can do the math yourself of how important the few stat points from lvling up are compared to gems and items.) And the best thing u can ADJUST them when u feel that u need to change your playstyle/build.And i dont even want to start about skills an skill runes...millions of possibilities there. After really understanding the mechanics of this game you will see that it in fact offers u ALOT more possibilities to play your char your own way then diablo 2 ever could.So before u keep judging the game you should really understand it first. Expand
  66. May 17, 2012
    Personally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how its handled, and there are definitely alot of changes compared to d1 and d2 but overall this game is a solid continuation of the franchise. Expand
  67. May 19, 2012
    Excellent Game...one of the most amazing games I've ever played...DRM sucks but talking just about the game I have to say that this game makes it a lot better than plenty games I played before...all the people giving low scores I think they should buy the game instead of having "problems" with DRM :D
  68. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  69. May 15, 2012
    They took Diablo 2, streamlined it and removed all the nonsense, they dumped the constant need to farm that made Diablo 2 stale quickly, they removed all the inventory issues by making items a set size. Then they dumped the requirement to have identify item scrolls and town portal scrolls.

The skills are better because now you're set using 6 of them, instead of Diablo 2 where you only
    used 1-2 of them that you maxed out. Alot of people are upset about this but it comes down to the fact you cannot exploit this game like you could Diablo 2 (Sorcerer with Frost Orb maxed soloing the entire game) This requires teamwork, or at the very least a strategy, tactics and an escape plan because it does get hard and you will die.

They took Diablo 2 and made it require skill to play it, not to troll or rage or be rude, but alot of people were expecting "Skill" games (copy/ paste builds, grind gear, exploit game, be stupid OP) and got a game where if they're dumb they're getting smacked around.

Aside from the crappy Blizzard/ Battle.net service right now I would highly recommend this game to anyone that's looking for a great CO-OP/ Strategy- Action game.
  70. Nov 2, 2012
    I don't understand all that negative comes from launch, when servers wasn't ready enough to hold all that numbers of players, and the game still doe's not ready to be finished, but Blizzard doing all what they think is right to get it done, when i start to play (almost after release tho) i had the feelings that i still play beta, but with patches games come better.

I don't know is it
    better then Diablo 2 or not, these are different games, but i 95% sure that games does not deserve that kinda of negative responses that it gets.

All that i see now, is that game get some additions and changes all over the patches, same as was with previous part of franchise. And you must to know that game have plenty of space to progress: arenas not out yet,more random events can be added to game in any time, normal items can get some use, crafting system can be improved, new cases, act, areas can be added. Only one negative thing about game is AH and RMAH, cus all game work around it, but hey it better that blizzard get some cut of real money (or gold, hehe) paid for items (if some one want to pay, and can, why not?) than some creepy illegal shops get it.

So for now game is 7 of 10 but i put 10 to get some heads up for the good developers.
  71. May 21, 2012
    Hey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the game requiring internet connection and rates the game with zero (he probably didn't even get in yet O.o). Why does he buy a game when it expressly says all over the internet for yeaaaaaars that this is gonna be the way that D3 is. Another guy rates with 1 because of graphics AND sounds? O.o Graphics are amazing, it's Blizzard style, so yea, it's a little cartoonish, if you don't like it, your loss. Again, you shouldn't have purchased the game in the first place, videos and images are all over the internet. Not that graphics were really ever any issue if the game is fun, right? And Diablo III is funny as HELL! When it comes to sounds, few games sound better, really. I must admit that soundtrack ain't no Elder Scrolls style nor quality, it's not bad, it doesn't bother but you'll barely notice the music except for a few exceptions. The sound effects on the other hand are fabulous! Every bash and smash (talking 'bout Barbs here), every meteor and blizzard (guess;) sounds just how it should sound and more. There's one thing you have to keep in mind, Diablo III is still a loot-oriented action RPG, right? So if you never enjoyed Diablo II, chances are you won't like D3 either, although it's not a rule in this case. Diablo has seriously evolved in the last twelve years and you'll notice right as you jump into the game. Each level feels rewarding, you have nearly unlimited skill customization options, you steer your character's stats through gearing differently instead of manually distributing points each level. All in all, although I had had my doubt before they released the game, it's better. Every character of a certain class is absolutely the same at the top level, if standing naked with no skills assigned. But when gear and your preferences with spells kick in, you get a completely different character than others have. You can easily switch between solo oriented skill set and party set. There's so much to explore that one playthrough is never enough. Then there is a guy here claiming that normal mode playthrough takes 2 hours, well... even the first act takes double that time if you're rushing, if you're taking it leisurely to actually have some fun along the way, it takes about 6 hours. Anyway, for all of you who aren't retarded and don't buy games that don't suit you when you know they won't, Diablo III is out there, go play and see for yourself. Blizzard did it again! :) Expand
  72. May 15, 2012
    Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact, anyone that says it isnt anything like diablo 2 is mentally handicapped and should seek help. I am an avid diablo 2 fan (over 700 hours, 7 lvl 99 characters, over 100 playthroughs) I can honestly say that this game is better...you may think that because there are no skill or stat points that it is streamlined but I assure you it is not. There are over 1000 more character combinations with the available 30+ skills and 130+ runes and 16 passives that there is no way that everyone (unless they follow a guide) will be the same...The story is not rubbish, in fact they did a hell of a lot better conveying their message than diablo 1 and 2 did combined. Bottom line, if someone gave it below a 7 they are obviously trolling...If you are a fan of diablo 2 like I was then you MUST, I don't mean it lightly, pick up this game. In my honest opinion it is much better than diablo 2, and definitely lived up to the hype. Additionally for those looking to troll the real money auction house let me remind you of what it was like in diablo 2 when you would create a game and 9 gold spammers would join the game and spam your chat log to the point it would cover your screen, and those few unfortunate individuals that happened to buy gear from an unknown site with real money and got their identities stolen or never recieved their items...yeah remember that? I 100% agree with the real money auction house...additionally DIABLO IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME! since diablo 2 it has had a focus on multiplayer, so suck it up get over that it doesn't have a single player portion...that is my opinion...for those of you that troll, please uninstall the game and give it to someone that does care, or stop playing altogether so that we can log in quicker...thanks Expand
  73. May 26, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing a monch is not comparable with playing a demonhunter and the dungeons are randomly generated which means that you will never think :"Uh, I've seen this one before, boring".

The game has an amazing repayablity, I will definatly be hooked for month as I've not tested out the warlock and sorcerer yet. Every class has its own cutscenes... so you basically get different stories per class. I give it a 10 because it is my first hack and slay game and I like it very much.
  74. May 15, 2012
    Thank you for the Beta Blizzard. No thanks for the retail copy. Always online to fight piracy? Auction house for real money? Medium quality graphics on a high end PC? I know graphics aint everything but what else is on the table? A deep engrossing story? Complex gameplay with deep mechanics? I hear those are all missing. I think Torchlight 2 is where its at, where it's more about making fun games instead of making a profit. Expand
  75. Jun 15, 2012
    a good game deserves a good mark for great graphics. Optimal optimal gameplay of the series continued good characters and good dialogues blizzard had seven years of production
  76. May 20, 2012
    The game is really great, the graphics are good compared to the requirements. Don't let these guys fool you, I've spent a lot of time playing it with my friends and we're soon lvl 60! People hate on Diablo, because in the first days, there have been some problems to log in(which is understandable, with so many people playing it. It's stupid how people can't wait for like a day to play the game. I'd recommend this to everyone who likes to play a game where, co-op, single-player and pvp is mixed together into awesomeness. Remember guys this isn't Diablo 2, it's Diablo 3. Expand
  77. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  78. May 15, 2012
    I felt the need to write this because of how many trolls and haters there are. They're being completely unreasonable and just want to vent on the internets. I have played up to what I think is almost the end of Act 2 and I'm absolutely loving this game. The combat is so satisfying, the story is engaging, the graphics are great (I'm a graphics whore). The graphics aren't perhaps the absolute best they could be, but I don't even care because it has an awesome style that almost looks like it's been hand painted. The art style of the game is great. The GUI, like all Blizzard games, is fantastic. There were server issues at first. It took me 1.5 hours just to be able to log on. That was frustrating, but now that it's working, the game is amazing. Can't wait to try co-op, PvP and the Real-money auction house. Don't listen to the idiots giving this 0 or 1, the game is amazing. Expand
  79. May 17, 2012
    I played this game for 10 minutes and it's the most amazing game I've ever played!!! I know, that sounds ridiculous... but it's no more ridiculous than those giving the game a zero simply because they can't play offline. I have to balance out the stupidity. I'll put up a real review when I actually play the game... unlike all these knee jerk reviews.
  80. May 15, 2012
    Worth sequel well worth what I paid & waited for. Everything is improved upon, fun and bloody. Already spent hours just being nostalgic and slaughtering tons of demons. I can't wait for more of the end game bosses, the classes are extremely bad ass to play with, my personal choice Barbarian.
  81. May 18, 2012
    Haven't touched the Diablo Series. This game is everything I wished and hoped for, it has the most interface-friendly RPG menu I've seen. It's simple, yet more complex in the matter of dmg and survival. Having my 2 brothers across the country, Diablo 3 has the most fluid friend/invite option. I can log into Diablo 3 and in a matter for 5 seconds I can be fighting by my friends side. The bosses are challenging, the ENEMIES! Let's talk about the enemies. There are so many variations of enemies you encounter in the Diablo 3 universe. There are scrolls you find that have little back stories to the demon/monster which I found appealing. The enemies are mean, and will surround you if you don't pay close attention. There are so many spells, you wouldn't know what to do. The environment is AMAZING! Lots of details everywhere, I'm an explorer so I scale the whole map. You find so many intricate items, and backgrounds. Maybe a forest, with a little watermill by the waterfall. The ambient sound in this game is out of this world! Trust me on this one, you will not want to miss this game. Expand
  82. May 18, 2012
    After such a long, long wait Diablo 3 is finally here and I am enjoying my time with it so, so much. It's fast, fun, gorgeous, and everything it sets out to do does it flawlessly. The game had server issues the first day and a half but ever since then it's been flawless. My connection has been perfect and I am already addicted to the game. If you are a fan of ARPG's do not miss this game.
  83. May 17, 2012
    Great game. Don't be fooled by the low user score, the majority of the negative reviews are due to no offline mode and launch issues. If you're not bothered by the fact that you need a constant internet connection to play, go ahead and get it...it's a great game.
  84. May 16, 2012
    Great game, really awesome graphics. Countless hours of replay. Love the sound and voice acting. Very fun. I can understand why it's so popular. GAME OF THE YEAR.
  85. May 17, 2012
    Stupid noob haters, the game is amazing.. if you don't like the graphics just use the Darkd3 mod and it will become amazing. This is the funniest game after Diablo 2 and me and my friend are in love with it.
    Giving 0 to this game mean that you should go play Call of Duty or The Sims.
  86. May 16, 2012
    everyone here who is saying that this game is bad is just in a bad mood because he is addicted to the computer and couldnt play diablo 3 so he needs to flame. shut up scrubs you got no idea about this game you are just bad players nothing else play wow or whatever u think is worth to play and dont noob around on our awesome diablo 3 servers kiddies
  87. May 15, 2012
    Truly awesome game! Spent most of the morning playing. The game is not super difficult at first, but as soon as you get into hardcore it gets a lot tougher. I am also eagerly awaiting PVP!
  88. May 15, 2012
    People giving this game a negative review simply based on launch day quality of service are retarded. There has never been an online game that launched flawlessly. People giving this game a negative review because it isn't a copy cat of Diablo II character customization are also retarded. You should be ashamed to even call yourselves gamers. Innovation and change is what keeps the game industry moving and keeps gamers interested. The game is an amazing sequel. The interface is a bit rough, but I have faith that Blizzard will polish it up eventually. The gameplay is exactly what I want and expected out of a Diablo sequel. When PvP gets implemented later this year it will simply be icing on an already amazing cake. Expand
  89. Xon
    Jan 25, 2013
    IGNORE THE HATERS

There is much to enjoy and admire in this game, if this is your cup of tea. personally, I've spent countless hours replaying the game with different characters.

I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun,
    perhaps you will too. Expand
  90. May 24, 2012
    This is an excellent game with exactly the production values you have come to expect from Blizzard. I have not encountered significant problems logging on, the lag spikes have been short and tolerable, and other than that I have no complaints. The game itself is exactly what I expected and I expected great things.
  91. Oct 21, 2012
    Way better than Diablo 2. Blizzard thankfully took all the annoying things in D2 and changed them. The story is fine, but the dialogs and the whole screenplay is terrible. The skill system is simply amazing, the items are way better and the stat screen although not perfect is at least informative compared to the random numbers in D2 char screen.
  92. May 19, 2012
    Especially good game. Some kind of a relief among Call of Duty, Battlefield and other shooters. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't play Diablo I&II, but that doesn't interrupt the gameplay.

P.S. I live in South Africa, so, I don't have any problems with Error 37. 10 out of 10.
  93. IMN
    May 16, 2012
    The King is back! And He is even more awesome than ever before! It is really clear to see where all those years have gone - every little thing in this game is brilliant! Game of the year so far.
  94. May 21, 2012
    Plenty of hack-n-slash antics and piles of shiny loot, just another day in Sanctuary. I don't really understand the always-online uproar, generaly speaking most computers are on a constant connection these days anyways. I think there is a knee-jerk reaction to all DRM these days, it reminds me of the people who whinned about Steam when it made the scene. And I don't mind the lack of modding, as many people tend to use it just for farming items (or just straight up cherry picking them into thier inventory). Finally, to people complainning about graphics I don't think we're playing the same game. Expand
  95. May 16, 2012
    Brilliant game, exactly what i was expecting it to be, better than diablo 2, the people whining are because they haven't caught up with the times and need to let go of their rose tinted goggles
  96. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely stunning (after you manage to log in, that is, but the server issues will pass soon, and the game will stay). Beautiful sceneries, classes are pretty fun to play. I don't think there's anything that didn't improve over Diablo 2. Definitely worth the money.
  97. May 16, 2012
    Personally, I think all the negative reviewers are going too far. This is Diablo 3, not Diablo 2. Blizzard never promised Diablo 3 to be identical to its predecessor and they just wanted to make the game more open to players new to Diablo by simplifying the skill system. Sure, it's a downgrade but there are many casual gamers out there that aren't used to something like this. These changes were already shown in the beta and the developers talked about them already. Expand
  98. May 15, 2012
    Bad launch, but while playing, I was having a blast! Very Pretty graphics, true to Diablo sounds. Sucks no LAN play, but that's the way of the world these days. When torrenting dies, maybe videogame companies won't be so protective of their property to require always online connection.
  99. May 16, 2012
    Had a lot of issues with the servers, But when I did get to play I had tons of fun! I played all the diablo titles and This one so far is my favorite.
  100. May 15, 2012
    Some of the best servers in the world. Game runs like butter on bread!! yum yum. If you really like stable games with lots of good servers and butter then get this game omg!!!!

1. Aug 31, 2012