3.9

1. May 15, 2012
    Great game so far. Small hitch on launch day but gee several million people are trying to log in. You see several different little style things that link it back to one and two. The game runs great, plays great. I really cannot say enough good things about it. There has been some downtime, but every realistic adult playing the game fully expected that to be the case on launch day.
  2. May 15, 2012
    Extremely impressed. Game play is extremely smooth and basic. Reminds me of D2 with a modern feel. Can't wait to actually see the good reviews this game deserves start flowing in.
  3. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the classes are awesome, looks and feels great. The quests are fun and not too tedious, the graphics engine is awesome and can lead to some hilarious animations.-----

My only complaint is that DC passes away
  4. May 15, 2012
    This game is getting a ten out of ten from me, and after everyone else quits whining about the servers, they'll come to agree. I've been waiting over ten years for this, I can handle a day or two of **** service.
  5. May 15, 2012
    This game is great, yes they went a different direction but i for one enjoy the little taste of new, its fine ad plenty of people are being negative, theres a trial feature so you may try for yourself
  6. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has made an excellent, polished game that is genuinely fun. It was well worth my purchase. Many people are frustrated with some server instability on launch day, but maybe they should have thought ahead and not taken weeks off of work and checked their wives and kids into a hotel so they can be all alone with their precious... Feel free to ignore them, the game is excellent.
  7. May 15, 2012
    TL;DR; The game is incredible.

TL;DR; The game is incredible.

Where shall I start? First of all, this is a hack and slash game. A very good one. VERY good. This is miles ahead of Diablo 2. Your characters have many abilities, and each of those abilities has many different tweaks to make your abilities do different things. Using the abilities are extremely satisfying. Every hit feels incredibly, and it is extremely satisfying smashing your way through legions of enemies. Nothing is better than landing a critical hit with a lightning weapon and watching your enemy fly off of the screen in a bolt of lightning.

Almost everything is a step up from Diablo 2. The graphics are not as dark as the previous games, but it looks incredible. The attention to detail is astounding. There are many destructible environments and things to smash, and the physics engine makes this extremely over the top. There are massive wars, with masses of enemies fighting in the background, making it seem like an all out war. Speaking of enemies, there are much more of them in this game than it's predecessor. And they are much diverse and do many different things requiring more strategy than ever before. The boss fights are incredibly engaging and require good strategies to overcome. The story is also over the top. Top notch voice actors along with incredibly movie quality cut scenes is incredibly involved. I won't get into the story since the game just came out, but it is really good. This game goes above and beyond everything Diablo 2 did in every aspect. If you liked the first and second Diablo games, give this one a try, it's incredible.
  8. May 15, 2012
    With over 3 million people trying to access the servers at once will cause problems no matter what. Great game and I will probably never get off. Ignore everyone being idiots because they're impatient.
  9. May 15, 2012
    Loving it so far, the game feels really big and dynamic. The increased incentive to explore the vast areas, (instead of grinding bosses) amplifies story and gameplay. The characters also seem much more alive and interesting this time around, with plenty of stories and dialog in between the smashing of endless hordes of demonspawn. The overall story arc can seem obvious, but such is a smallLoving it so far, the game feels really big and dynamic. The increased incentive to explore the vast areas, (instead of grinding bosses) amplifies story and gameplay. The characters also seem much more alive and interesting this time around, with plenty of stories and dialog in between the smashing of endless hordes of demonspawn. The overall story arc can seem obvious, but such is a small price to pay for a true successor to the diablo franchise. It is true that the game requires a constant internet connection to run, and this can of course be a problem. But such is reality, in order to support servers, and updates blizzard has chosen to create the real money auction house rather than rely on cheap ripoff sequels and in game commercialization. The always online part of the game is really to remove cheating in the game, this also serves to stop the constant spamming and selling of various artifacts by botfirms etc. that plagued diablo 2's online service. In conclusion, diablo 3 is definitely a game to play. Go play it! :D Expand
  10. May 15, 2012
    The poor reviews based solely on those who are anti-DRM are ridiculous, I found the online feature to be one of the best things about Diablo 3. It has made the game so much more social and enjoyable, having played both Diablo and Diablo 2 I find this game to be a excellent progression in the series. The art style, while not super fancy is timeless and in the end that is what Diablo is about.
  11. May 15, 2012
    All this trolling makes me sad. D3 is a worth successor to a storied franchise. It does exactly what it set out to do: it updates Diablo gameplay to 2012 sensibilities while maintaining the core of what it means to be "Diablo." This series has been the gold standard in the ARPG genere since it the original Diablo came out in 1996. D3 continues that legacy with aplomb. If you like Diablo orAll this trolling makes me sad. D3 is a worth successor to a storied franchise. It does exactly what it set out to do: it updates Diablo gameplay to 2012 sensibilities while maintaining the core of what it means to be "Diablo." This series has been the gold standard in the ARPG genere since it the original Diablo came out in 1996. D3 continues that legacy with aplomb. If you like Diablo or this style of game in general, D3 is well worth your money. If you're not a fan of the genre, I recommend you give D3 a look. Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    The Game is Awesome, all the Negative reviews are from people who can't understand that it's a Major title launch, and there will be Problems. There always will be with major releases.

The game has no Offline Mode, you do have to have constant Internet Connection to play, But with the Addition of the Real money Auction house you have to understand that Blizzard Does not want to offer any Hackers the Opportunity to exploit the game system to their advantage (IE. Duping Items to sell for Real Money)

The Game play itself is Awesome, You can Beat the game Solo. or go at it with Friends, which i prefer because it offers everyone a good time to have Fun together.

If you're a True Diablo Fan, you will love the game. there is no Doubt about it, just load it up, sit back and Enjoy as you save the World once again with the Fantastic story-line that Blizzard has brought upon you. and Reap the Rewards as now you have the option to Sell your Loot for Real Money (Or In-game gold) to Other people who need a little help along their way (And Believe me, there will always be people that will buy items for Real Money, they did in Diablo II. They will in Diablo III)

And Last but Not least, if you're going to put a Negative Review on a game based SOLELY on the Troubles Cause at Launch. you need to get your head Checked, if you cannot understand the Fact that no matter How much Blizzard tried to Prepare for the Swarms of people trying to Login at the Exact same time in a Region then i don't know what to tell you. It's not like they can't Superceed the Hardware requirements to provide enough Supply for the Demand on Initial launch, because that would not be Cost worthy. Considering that Load of users will Die down to a more Bareable limit as a Day or Two pass.

Another thing that gets me is **** about the Graphics, the game has been announced for How long now? and I'm sure most of Everybody has seen gameplay videos, they knew what it was going to look like. And if any one has played Diablo II, and the Expansion you would Know how the Feel of the game is/was like. The Current 3D Engine used in Diablo 3 COMPLIMENTS this very well.

I Gave a Full 10 Review because i truely loved the Diablo Series, and i Feel that Diablo 3 is a True testament on how Well Blizzard will keep to the Story on their Franchises and Still pump out Enjoyable games for their Fanbase
  13. May 15, 2012
    Beware of TL2 and hater Trolls that try to make D3 less than what it is, a great game!!!

D3 surpasses D1 and D2 in nearly every way with nostalgia blinding many fans.The rest of the negative trolls are pissed off because the D3 servers are down due to insane demand and bug fixes on day 1!!! Gamers are laughs!
  14. May 15, 2012
    I am having a blast playing. Great sequel to and representation of of Diablo 2. Yes, a lot of WoW influences can be felt, but they are just fine. Could use better art, but the game will run on a laptop, so all good. Server issues at launch? Yes, annoying, but going to be fixed. Upset that you can't play offline? Then you don't understand why they did it. Online only keeps cheatersI am having a blast playing. Great sequel to and representation of of Diablo 2. Yes, a lot of WoW influences can be felt, but they are just fine. Could use better art, but the game will run on a laptop, so all good. Server issues at launch? Yes, annoying, but going to be fixed. Upset that you can't play offline? Then you don't understand why they did it. Online only keeps cheaters out, pirates at bay, and helps prevent botting. Expand
  15. May 15, 2012
    Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact,Let me start off by saying...anyone that gave this game a lower than a 7 (a reasonable score for someone who may not actually like the game because lets be honest, it is near flawless) is a complete troll so ignore them...yes I spent an hour logging in at 3 am (eastern time, yeah I had to wait until 3 in the morning), did that stop me from enjoying a game? No. And as a matter of fact, anyone that says it isnt anything like diablo 2 is mentally handicapped and should seek help. I am an avid diablo 2 fan (over 700 hours, 7 lvl 99 characters, over 100 playthroughs) I can honestly say that this game is better...you may think that because there are no skill or stat points that it is streamlined but I assure you it is not. There are over 1000 more character combinations with the available 30+ skills and 130+ runes and 16 passives that there is no way that everyone (unless they follow a guide) will be the same...The story is not rubbish, in fact they did a hell of a lot better conveying their message than diablo 1 and 2 did combined. Bottom line, if someone gave it below a 7 they are obviously trolling...If you are a fan of diablo 2 like I was then you MUST, I don't mean it lightly, pick up this game. In my honest opinion it is much better than diablo 2, and definitely lived up to the hype. Additionally for those looking to troll the real money auction house let me remind you of what it was like in diablo 2 when you would create a game and 9 gold spammers would join the game and spam your chat log to the point it would cover your screen, and those few unfortunate individuals that happened to buy gear from an unknown site with real money and got their identities stolen or never recieved their items...yeah remember that? I 100% agree with the real money auction house...additionally DIABLO IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME! since diablo 2 it has had a focus on multiplayer, so suck it up get over that it doesn't have a single player portion...that is my opinion...for those of you that troll, please uninstall the game and give it to someone that does care, or stop playing altogether so that we can log in quicker...thanks Expand
  16. May 15, 2012
    People giving this game a negative review simply based on launch day quality of service are retarded. There has never been an online game that launched flawlessly. People giving this game a negative review because it isn't a copy cat of Diablo II character customization are also retarded. You should be ashamed to even call yourselves gamers. Innovation and change is what keeps the gamePeople giving this game a negative review simply based on launch day quality of service are retarded. There has never been an online game that launched flawlessly. People giving this game a negative review because it isn't a copy cat of Diablo II character customization are also retarded. You should be ashamed to even call yourselves gamers. Innovation and change is what keeps the game industry moving and keeps gamers interested. The game is an amazing sequel. The interface is a bit rough, but I have faith that Blizzard will polish it up eventually. The gameplay is exactly what I want and expected out of a Diablo sequel. When PvP gets implemented later this year it will simply be icing on an already amazing cake. Expand
  17. May 15, 2012
    After a rocky launch (which is to be expected with any major release) the logins began to work and I played for quite a long time. The game play is flawless, the builds are addicting, abilities a ton of fun to use. I prefer softer, artsy graphics to hyper-realism (CoD) because its more fun for me and looks better as it ages. I've been having a rediculous amount of fun so far and once theAfter a rocky launch (which is to be expected with any major release) the logins began to work and I played for quite a long time. The game play is flawless, the builds are addicting, abilities a ton of fun to use. I prefer softer, artsy graphics to hyper-realism (CoD) because its more fun for me and looks better as it ages. I've been having a rediculous amount of fun so far and once the servers fully stabilize, there wont be a negative aspect of this game. Expand
  18. May 15, 2012
    I loved diablo 2. I spent thousands of hours playing that game from my childhood, through high school and all throughout college. Now I'm an adult and playing D3 brings me back. People whine that it is different, but I don't see it. It feels the same, but better. It's more visceral. It's darker. The monsters are more vivid and the characters are more real. I see more customization, notI loved diablo 2. I spent thousands of hours playing that game from my childhood, through high school and all throughout college. Now I'm an adult and playing D3 brings me back. People whine that it is different, but I don't see it. It feels the same, but better. It's more visceral. It's darker. The monsters are more vivid and the characters are more real. I see more customization, not less. The game is perfect and I foresee myself playing even more hours on D3 than I did on D2. Don't listen to the naysayers. When Diablo 2 came out people were pissed and they though D1 was better. This is just another incantation of that same tried thing. When companies do something different (as Blizzard often does) the fans react negatively. They don't understand the design decisions, but once the servers are up and running well and people have really played the game, they'll be reminded why they love Diablo and they'll come to love this installment too. Trust me, buy this game. Expand
  19. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 was one of the largest leaps of faith I've taken yet. The secret to enjoying this game is simple. The pro's Greatly out way the cons. Can't play it cause you don't have the internet? Then you also couldn't leave a bad review here. Honestly, get with the times. It's a minor detail these days. Besides, I'd rather have it all server side with better security than than offlineDiablo 3 was one of the largest leaps of faith I've taken yet. The secret to enjoying this game is simple. The pro's Greatly out way the cons. Can't play it cause you don't have the internet? Then you also couldn't leave a bad review here. Honestly, get with the times. It's a minor detail these days. Besides, I'd rather have it all server side with better security than than offline available with hacks everywhere. Also, This game won't be pirated. Don't believe me? Try and find a pirated copy of World of Warcraft. (if it does eventually come out, it won't be playable as it's all server based).

Can't spend attribute points? Awesome! There was only one correct way to build your character anyway!

Can't customize your characters? You can now chose male or female for all classes, whoch you could not do in Diablo 2.

Doesn't have the old characters? Yes, well, Diablo 2 didn't have the 'new' ones. I'll take a Monk over an Assassin any day. Plus, this is 20 years later. Some of them will have died.

Only 5 characters? Guess what, there was only 5 when Diablo 2 came out. Wait for the expansion if that's a problem for you.

Lack of story? Hardly. Diablo 3 starts 20 years after Diablo 2 at the beginning of the End of Days. Even going so far as to use story elements used in the 'first' Diablo, which was not even mentioned in Diablo 2. The simple truth is, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. No more than Diablo 2 was Diablo 1. Get with the times.
  20. May 15, 2012
    People shouldn't rate the game of how the server crashe, rate it as how it played. For me, I rate it a 10 because it is doesn't try to present something too new, not trying to depart what was in D2, but rather bring nostalgia to the Diablo fanbase.
  21. May 15, 2012
    Best game I have ever played. I didn't have any of the log-in issues and was at the gym when the server went down. A few days from now when all the problems are solved for good people will recognize the awesomeness of this game.
  22. May 15, 2012
    Bad launch, but while playing, I was having a blast! Very Pretty graphics, true to Diablo sounds. Sucks no LAN play, but that's the way of the world these days. When torrenting dies, maybe videogame companies won't be so protective of their property to require always online connection.
  23. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the trolls. Diablo 3 is just as fun as its predecessors. I'm about 6 hours in and LOVING it. There have been some hiccoughs at launch, but they will diminish.
  24. May 15, 2012
    One of my most highly anticipated games! If you are truly a fan, you will appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into the creation of Diablo 3. Let them sort out the issues with servers ( as with all game launches) and you will undoubtedly enjoy the exciting and fast paced hack-and-slash gameplay. I especially love the randomized events, and that alone will keep me coming back to playOne of my most highly anticipated games! If you are truly a fan, you will appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into the creation of Diablo 3. Let them sort out the issues with servers ( as with all game launches) and you will undoubtedly enjoy the exciting and fast paced hack-and-slash gameplay. I especially love the randomized events, and that alone will keep me coming back to play for years to come! Expand
  25. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a major improvement to the previous bestselling pc title, don't listen to the reviews about the servers, that's simply due to its popularity :)
  26. May 15, 2012
    Returning D1 and D2 player here, and I have to say that despite the really rough launch, this game has lived up to all my expectations. Me and my brother managed to play co-op for a good 4 hours last night and just finished Act 1 while still missing a few things. The boss fights are really fun, and the new skill system is fantastic. The dungeons are really immersive and I'm sure that ifReturning D1 and D2 player here, and I have to say that despite the really rough launch, this game has lived up to all my expectations. Me and my brother managed to play co-op for a good 4 hours last night and just finished Act 1 while still missing a few things. The boss fights are really fun, and the new skill system is fantastic. The dungeons are really immersive and I'm sure that if you liked the first two, you will thoroughly enjoy this one. Ignore all the bad reviews written by players that are sour because they didn't get to play. Expand
  27. May 15, 2012
    Some of the best servers in the world. Game runs like butter on bread!! yum yum. If you really like stable games with lots of good servers and butter then get this game omg!!!!
  28. May 15, 2012
    Keep it short and simple. This game is **** AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Drop rates, leveling, BALANCE all feel...right. To all the children that are throwing fits because of the server problems and giving this game a low rating- get real. IT JUST LAUNCHED! **** is going to happen. It's not like its down all the time...Personally I feel they (blizzard) have done a fantastic job with the timeKeep it short and simple. This game is **** AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Drop rates, leveling, BALANCE all feel...right. To all the children that are throwing fits because of the server problems and giving this game a low rating- get real. IT JUST LAUNCHED! **** is going to happen. It's not like its down all the time...Personally I feel they (blizzard) have done a fantastic job with the time alloted online, considering all the maintenance they're going through. GROW UP! This game is will be played for YEARS to come... Expand
  29. May 15, 2012
    Having a great time with Diablo III, and I am a huge fan of the original Diablo and Diablo II. The environments, sound, combat animations, and story are all top notch. The combat is just flat out fun. My barbarian mows through crowds of monsters sending zombie parts and bits of the scenery flying. I like that I can try different character builds without having to commit hours and hours ofHaving a great time with Diablo III, and I am a huge fan of the original Diablo and Diablo II. The environments, sound, combat animations, and story are all top notch. The combat is just flat out fun. My barbarian mows through crowds of monsters sending zombie parts and bits of the scenery flying. I like that I can try different character builds without having to commit hours and hours of leveling up time, and that I can switch out my skills to handle different situations. The crafting system is more fun than the old gambling system, and the addition of randomly spawned special events make re-running an area more interesting. The followers all have their own story, and seem a lot more capable than the old D2 hirelings. They don't do much damage, but they do help you wrangle the huge mobs of monsters. My real rating is an 8, but given the obvious hater campaign against D3, I bumped it up to compensate. I'm saving my 9 for Guild Wars 2 when it's out of beta, and I am unable to imagine a game I would give an actual perfect sore to... Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    This is a highly polished game that brings everything fans of the series want to its logical next evolution. The abilities are more dynamic, your kit now holds more than 2 abilities at once, and using them no longer feels "spammy". The storyline is great, after my first playthrough, and the environments and mobs will have you smiling while intensely concentrating on how you're going toThis is a highly polished game that brings everything fans of the series want to its logical next evolution. The abilities are more dynamic, your kit now holds more than 2 abilities at once, and using them no longer feels "spammy". The storyline is great, after my first playthrough, and the environments and mobs will have you smiling while intensely concentrating on how you're going to tackle the new groups of enemies. Truly a joy to play. Expand
  31. May 15, 2012
    I am very disappointed by the entitled nature of the reviews here. Not only is it a complete given that an online game with millions of players will have some issues at launch, but what makes it truly ironic is that Blizzard tends to be one of the better companies at mitigating such issues.

Two days from now, the 800 negative reviews will be literally meaningless, yet they'll still be here on this site. That's a terrible shame.
  32. May 15, 2012
    If you loved Diablo II, BUY THIS GAME. The rush leveling required to try out different builds is no longer necessary. I'm currently level 23 with a Witch Doctor and he is everything I wanted from a Necromancer. My guargantuan is a beast.

I gave this a 10. I was tempted to drop 1 point due to the launch day stability - but seriously, there are likely 1 million people trying to play at the same time... think you can handle that engineering task flawlessly the first time?
  33. May 15, 2012
    If you are expecting D2 to be redone, you won't like it. As many have pointed out, there are a lot of differences. Depending on where you are coming from, you may not like the differences. I personally do, so I give it a 10. I think most of the negative reviews are related to the server crashes. At least where I am it's a beautiful day and the downtime is a good time to go take a break.
  34. May 15, 2012
    ok so my roomie just got diablo 3 i live in a household of 3gamers we paid 60 bucks for the game so we could all install and play it and tbh im totaly pist off u can only install to 1 computer then u have to buy it all over again this is some seriouse bs and im not happy
  35. May 15, 2012
    I am a fan of the Diablo series and I can say I very much enjoy what Diablo 3 has to offer. The game play is great and stays true to the hack and slash RPG I fell in love with years ago. I would say 80% of the negative reviews on here are the launch day server issues. While understandably frustrating for many, it is no reason to pout and make a good game look horrid to future players. TheI am a fan of the Diablo series and I can say I very much enjoy what Diablo 3 has to offer. The game play is great and stays true to the hack and slash RPG I fell in love with years ago. I would say 80% of the negative reviews on here are the launch day server issues. While understandably frustrating for many, it is no reason to pout and make a good game look horrid to future players. The other big complaint is the absence of single player mode and I understand. However, the reasoning behind this is because Blizzard implemented the "Real Money Auction House." The black market was notorious for selling items and in game currency so Blizzard is fighting back with this. It gives the normal player base a chance to get in on this market, Blizzard is able to make money from these kinds of transactions, and it puts a strain on the black market. Diablo 2 was plagued with hacked and duped items so for this to work Blizzard made the choice to go in this direction. People miss single player and LAN abilities, but in all honesty it was a going to be a relatively small market purchasing the game for that. Overall, this is a great game and will not disappoint. Expand
  36. May 15, 2012
    So many people just review log in screens or parrot opinions without playing games these days, it's pathetic...

Disblo 3 is amazing, and was well worth the wait.
  37. May 15, 2012
    The first few hours of playing this game was done with friends and I have to say the multi-player element of this game is outstanding. It was incredibly easy to add friends, join their game or have them join me and the UI was intuitive. Not sure why there are so many haters of the online component, or saying it's nothing like it's predecessors. It is every bit as good as Diablo and DiabloThe first few hours of playing this game was done with friends and I have to say the multi-player element of this game is outstanding. It was incredibly easy to add friends, join their game or have them join me and the UI was intuitive. Not sure why there are so many haters of the online component, or saying it's nothing like it's predecessors. It is every bit as good as Diablo and Diablo II were when they were released and well worth the wait and investment Blizzard has put into producing a quality game. This title will be around for many years to come. Expand
  38. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an awesome game, with a great degree of customization. The people who say otherwise are used to spending permanent points in synergized skills that leave little leeway for deviation, and they like to call that somehow not cookie cutter, when 85 percent of them are going off build guides they read on the web. I LIKE NOT HAVING TO ALT TAB OUT OF THE GAME. I also like not havingDiablo 3 is an awesome game, with a great degree of customization. The people who say otherwise are used to spending permanent points in synergized skills that leave little leeway for deviation, and they like to call that somehow not cookie cutter, when 85 percent of them are going off build guides they read on the web. I LIKE NOT HAVING TO ALT TAB OUT OF THE GAME. I also like not having to worry about nerfing my character with spent skill points. There are so many possible combinations of skills and gear, I'm hopeful that there won't be a reliance on specific cookie cutter builds that there was in D2. The game runs wonderfully, with just a few launch issues, that are easy to understand considering the game's giant fanbase, old and new. I smell a bunch of butthurt DIablo 2 elitists. I couldn't log in until 2 hours after launch cause of server flooding, but after that point I had an absolute blast. 10/10 would play for the next 10 years. Expand
  39. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a wonderful game, adding much of its own charm while staying true to the original feel of the previous 2 installments of the series. I've so far played for 5 hours, and the experience has been quite enjoyable.

first off, much of the bad reviews on this website are people bashing the launch, as the game must constantly be online, even while playing single player (the game does not allow offline or lan play). It did take me an hour and a half to get online, but, seeing as how this is an extremely popular game, it was to be expected. This game is amazing, and I'd recommend it to anyone, as it is easy to get into, but becomes a challenge as you progress. If you want to try it, go on reddit or a website like that and see if someone will give you a guest pass, or ask a friend.
  40. May 15, 2012
    The game is like a wooly cup inside of a large black bag that has no zipper. At first you open the bag to see if the zipper will slide and once you do you realize that the smell of rotten flesh coming from the bag reminds you of the time you jumped on the trampoline naked in 9th grade. It's not so much the eye candy that gets you going with this game but the way it makes you want to turnThe game is like a wooly cup inside of a large black bag that has no zipper. At first you open the bag to see if the zipper will slide and once you do you realize that the smell of rotten flesh coming from the bag reminds you of the time you jumped on the trampoline naked in 9th grade. It's not so much the eye candy that gets you going with this game but the way it makes you want to turn your stereo up to level 11. If I could describe this game in one word it would be Expand
  41. May 15, 2012
    I want to thank the people that already gave reviews on this game. I was going to go pick it up at Best Buy and now it seems it's not worth my time. The game sounded like a lot of fun play now I'll skip it and save my 60 bucks for something worth it.
  42. May 15, 2012
    Don't let the trolling wash your expectations...this is the PC' RPG of th year.
    Let's be honest and remember that DIABLO saga is almost in the perfection. Made not only by an entire dev team but with the help of the gamers (real ones) it selves.
    Don't let the trolling wash your expectations...this is the PC' RPG of th year.
    If you don't read about it, if you dont play the beta...if you dont play all the trash games around Diablo franchise (and say omg come soon diablo 3) then you are just a troll.
    This game's only sin, is the lack of complexity or sophistication in the talents and spells.
    Enjoy your copy and play always with friends.
  43. May 15, 2012
    this game rocks! There is some first day problems but the game is still awesome and will get just better and better!And people cant read that's why they have so much problem with the connecting to this game but if you follow the community you will have no problem with the game!
  44. May 15, 2012
    My god, these trolls. The game is fantastic. Apart from a few server hiccups, it plays very well. I'm looking forward to spending 7 more days playing this beast of a game.
  45. May 15, 2012
    One of the greatest games i've played in years. People complaining about the servers, I played most of the day on launch, servers were down for four hours. While this is unfortunate, i don't think it should have any baring on the rating of such a great game. 10/10. Oh and have played 6 hours now, still in Act 2, those who are buzzing through the game are ignoring everything there is toOne of the greatest games i've played in years. People complaining about the servers, I played most of the day on launch, servers were down for four hours. While this is unfortunate, i don't think it should have any baring on the rating of such a great game. 10/10. Oh and have played 6 hours now, still in Act 2, those who are buzzing through the game are ignoring everything there is to do. Great game. Expand
  46. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is **** awesome even if i didn't get to log in all the time today! It's hrpahnasdf;lkajdfa;ldfkj graphics are really awesome and the story telling is awesome. Although this is the first Diablo game that i have gotten so far i think that i will love it and play it for a long time 10/10 !!
  47. May 15, 2012
    I love this game! The art direction the feel and the flavor of the characters is spot on. The story so far has been masterfully told and I find the game is very immersive and hard to put down once you have started. I have not yet used the auction house. I probably will dabble it it a little in the coming days.

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a

I did have log-in issues on launch night and was unable to play for 1 and a half hours and while that does reflect poorly on Blizzard it is not related to how I score the game. Knowing Blizzard, by the time you read this, server issues will be sorted and we'll enjoy years of trouble free entertainment.
  48. May 15, 2012
    If you have come here to read reviews that accurately reflect the current state of the game, you will find yourself sorely disappointed. All you can find is the unified sound of complaint derived from those that find the lack of offline play unsatisfactory. Reality is they knew all along, but waited until today to complain about it. As for the actual game play, it's amazing, possiblyIf you have come here to read reviews that accurately reflect the current state of the game, you will find yourself sorely disappointed. All you can find is the unified sound of complaint derived from those that find the lack of offline play unsatisfactory. Reality is they knew all along, but waited until today to complain about it. As for the actual game play, it's amazing, possibly one of the most addictive and fun games i've ever played. the music is great, the graphics aren't the BEST in the world, but the simple fact that it can run on my old P.O.S. Machine and my Brand new one alike, makes me even more satisfied. There are so many little things that make this game incredibly fun. Just try it yourself, you will see. After this nonsense dies out and people realize it's really not that big of deal, they will calmly re-approach the subject and apologize for their outlandish behavior. Expand
  49. May 15, 2012
    Please don't listen to these idiots posting negative scores. They obviously only tried logging in right when it was launched and expected a flawless experience. From someone who has played every diablo, this one is up there with the rest of them. Great story, great visuals, and while the skill tree is now gone, there is a equivilant with passive and special skills. All in all, a prettyPlease don't listen to these idiots posting negative scores. They obviously only tried logging in right when it was launched and expected a flawless experience. From someone who has played every diablo, this one is up there with the rest of them. Great story, great visuals, and while the skill tree is now gone, there is a equivilant with passive and special skills. All in all, a pretty good game. Sad how little kids (You can be a grown man, but still be a kid.) are putting low scores up. Expand
  50. May 15, 2012
    First of all I'm going to say that it's not Blizz's fault 3rd parties (and the gamers themselves) popped up with real currency buying and selling of game items/accounts/characters. The real currency Auction House is just the next step in the evolution of stopping scamming and piracy as gaming grows. Secondly, the DRM is to keep people from playing the game who have not purchased itFirst of all I'm going to say that it's not Blizz's fault 3rd parties (and the gamers themselves) popped up with real currency buying and selling of game items/accounts/characters. The real currency Auction House is just the next step in the evolution of stopping scamming and piracy as gaming grows. Secondly, the DRM is to keep people from playing the game who have not purchased it themselves, and to keep hacked/modded items from popping up in the on line community. I have a very slow dsl connection (wireless) and have had no problems with internet speed stopping me from playing in single player. All the trolls putting up 0's have an internet connection to post this and that is enough for D3. Obviously stress testing can only go so far, as there is no way to actually have thousands of players online playing the game without it being fully released. People say blizzard doesn't care about the customers but I have had multiple experiences with customer service from D2->SC->WoW->SC2 and all of my problems(hacked accounts, technical issues, etc) have been resolved fairly and quickly. I believe this negative assumption comes from the sheer number of players playing their games. As far as the critics score goes please base your scores on the game itself not on your opinion of the company or its policies. I understand everyone has their own opinions on what services should be available but this score should be based on the game itself. It seems the server issues are the main reason people are putting up 0's and those issues will be solved comparatively quickly to the expected lifetime of the game (and the players themselves). Finally as far as game play is concerned; it is a great dungeon crawler and the different classes each have their own play style that keeps the re-playability high. You may be able to rush through the game on normal difficulty mode in short order but keep in mind that is maybe a tenth of the actual game due to difficulty modes. Also a lot of the charm from D2 was loot grabbing/ item finding which is just as evident in D3. The crafting addition is a fun little way to improve on this concept. All the haters just go back to D2. Its clear that's the game you want this to be and like anything new it has to evolve. Solid seamless cut scenes and virtually no load time into buildings/dungeon areas. Expand
  51. May 15, 2012
    why are people giving bad reviews? I have been a massive fan of blizzard game for a long time now, having played d1,d2 and now D3 It's simply amazing! first day the game is release, people cry because their are 5million + trying to login at the same time.. Server shut down it was a 90% chance of happening on the day it went live! people need to chill out! I have only playedwhy are people giving bad reviews? I have been a massive fan of blizzard game for a long time now, having played d1,d2 and now D3 It's simply amazing! first day the game is release, people cry because their are 5million + trying to login at the same time.. Server shut down it was a 90% chance of happening on the day it went live! people need to chill out! I have only played to act 2 and everything I have done or been involved in as been amazing! the artwork and detail they have put into this game is 10/10 gameplay is 10/10 the only thing which i give a 8/10 is the graphics but blizzard make it up in everything else! TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS GUYS !! GO OUT AND BUY THE GAME!! I am loving every minute of it and I cant wait to get back home and play tonight after work!! I've had little sleep and I feel like I'm a child again playing Diablo 2. PEACE!! Expand
  52. May 15, 2012
    This game is... Perfect. Screw the server issues, the gameplay totally makes up for it. It is like i'm 14 again, playing d2 for the first time. I am gonna beat this game sooo many times.
  53. May 15, 2012
    Great game that fully realized the potential of the last two diablo games. Having to wait an hour after midnight to play was what I expected so for me personally it didn't destroy my experience like some of those whining on here
  54. May 15, 2012
    After the initial server problems, the game ran perfectly. The audio is perfect in its usage, and the visuals are spot on in creating the essential atmosphere that is Diablo. The game definitely deserves a perfect score considering the launch was a single day of the game's entire lifespan.
  55. May 15, 2012
    I rather see DRM and login problems one day than see duped items for the rest of this excellent game life time. Diablo is NOT a single player game, put that in your mind, it has ECONOMY that needs to be protected from hacks that could come from a non-DRM single player. DRM chatter aside, i finished act 1 and this is probably the best game i ever played.
  56. May 15, 2012
    This game is an amazing accomplishment.. I have already been playing through the normal difficulty.. and I cannot wait to try the other difficulties.. It will take you at least 10 hours to complete the four acts.

The amount of trolling (or ignorance) from people reviewing this game is crazy. allocating attributes? In Diablo 2, there was one correct way to allocate your stats... the skill system that they have implimentet in diablo 3 is blizzard trying to create other challenges in RPG's than discoverin the best, and only way, you can put your points. As an action RPG this skill system creates a great deal of challenge and possibilities.

10/10 ... Game is great by any standard, and true to the diablo formula..
  57. May 15, 2012
    I dont understand the almost 1000 negative USER reviews of Diablo 3. Actually, I think I do, its mostly reviews made by World of Warcraft players/Blizzard haters that complain about how not like WoW Diablo 3 is. Diablo 3 is not an mmo.
    Another usual complain amongst these negative reviews is that there is no offline mode and honestly I dont see the problem, its just a way to prevent piracy and besides, Diablo's amazing longevity can only be achieved by playing online. On single player you would probably complete the game on Normal and never touch it again. If you play online you can pvp, play with other people and sell items you find on the auction house. I understand that the current crashes and login problems are annoying but you must understand there are millions of people trying to play this game right now and no servers in this world can keep it smooth at the moment, but give it a couple of weeks and there will be no problem at all.
    Diablo 3 is an amazing game and it is better than Diablo 2 and thats an amazing feat. The gameplay is amazing, the graphics are fantastic and its simple to play and hard to master. Highly recommended for all Diablo fans.
  58. May 15, 2012
    So many haters....what did you expect when 37 million people are trying to log on to the servers at once? Connection issues aside this game is awesome.
  59. May 15, 2012
    This game is good - awesome in fact. Everything from the music, animations, story and combat.
    It never made any difference whether you could choose your stats before - why does it now? Weapon choice is amazingly dynamic, likewise with combat.
    Coop play is great and easy to jump in and out of games. My initial drawback was how colourful it was - but as an adult, you tend to get over these things.

Reading most of the negative reviews - most were posted before people even played the game...a useless indication to people wanting to play this game off these reviews. Too many whiny fanboys not getting in 1 second after it's release...but that doesn't do the game justice
  60. May 15, 2012
    The game is great. It is challenging, the story line is good, the cut scenes are beautiful and it is butt-loads of fun. The people who think that their characters are not able to be customized are not educated on the way characterization works in Diablo 3. If you are expecting this game to be EXACTLY like Diablo 2, you might as well just play Diablo 2. This is a new Diablo, and it isThe game is great. It is challenging, the story line is good, the cut scenes are beautiful and it is butt-loads of fun. The people who think that their characters are not able to be customized are not educated on the way characterization works in Diablo 3. If you are expecting this game to be EXACTLY like Diablo 2, you might as well just play Diablo 2. This is a new Diablo, and it is great. Take your nostalgia elsewhere. You can't give a game a bad rating because it wasn't exactly like the predecessor. Also bad ratings because of Blizzard servers has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the actual game. Expand
  61. May 15, 2012
    This game is everything I wanted it to be and more! So so good! Kudos Bilzzard! Once the servers become stable I think this game is going to be incredible!
  62. May 15, 2012
    I loved Diablo 2 and I have to say that this game so far exceeds my wildest expectations. This is almost definitely my favorite game I have ever played and I am only 4 hours in. Blizzard did such a good job keeping all the good things I loved from D2 and removing all the crap that people didn't like. The concerns that people are bringing up like the lack of offline mode, drm, etc doesn'tI loved Diablo 2 and I have to say that this game so far exceeds my wildest expectations. This is almost definitely my favorite game I have ever played and I am only 4 hours in. Blizzard did such a good job keeping all the good things I loved from D2 and removing all the crap that people didn't like. The concerns that people are bringing up like the lack of offline mode, drm, etc doesn't really matter when the play experience for those who bought the game is fantastic. Kudos to Blizzard, they just need to get the servers running super smoothly! Expand
  63. May 15, 2012
    Worth the wait, everything I wanted it to be, amazing, addictive, action packed, and I could say many more things. Diablo III is simply fantastic. Don't believe all these low scores. They are just people pissed at the issues with the servers. Give the game 24 more hours and the game will be fine. Yes, no offline mode sucks, but I don't really care. I always played DII with players andWorth the wait, everything I wanted it to be, amazing, addictive, action packed, and I could say many more things. Diablo III is simply fantastic. Don't believe all these low scores. They are just people pissed at the issues with the servers. Give the game 24 more hours and the game will be fine. Yes, no offline mode sucks, but I don't really care. I always played DII with players and almost never did the singleplayer. GET THIS GAME! It is easily the best game of this generation and I can easily see myself pouring way over 1,000 hours into this game. Expand
  64. May 15, 2012
    They took Diablo 2, streamlined it and removed all the nonsense, they dumped the constant need to farm that made Diablo 2 stale quickly, they removed all the inventory issues by making items a set size. Then they dumped the requirement to have identify item scrolls and town portal scrolls.

The skills are better because now you're set using 6 of them, instead of Diablo 2 where you only used 1-2 of them that you maxed out. Alot of people are upset about this but it comes down to the fact you cannot exploit this game like you could Diablo 2 (Sorcerer with Frost Orb maxed soloing the entire game) This requires teamwork, or at the very least a strategy, tactics and an escape plan because it does get hard and you will die.

They took Diablo 2 and made it require skill to play it, not to troll or rage or be rude, but alot of people were expecting "Skill" games (copy/ paste builds, grind gear, exploit game, be stupid OP) and got a game where if they're dumb they're getting smacked around.

Aside from the crappy Blizzard/ Battle.net service right now I would highly recommend this game to anyone that's looking for a great CO-OP/ Strategy- Action game.
  65. May 15, 2012
    TL:DR- 1. Fact- Huge customization with over 108 possible skills with runes, dyes for armor, male and female characters, items change appearances much more than previous games, items glow with a color based on attributes of the item. you can create and customize your own banner, 2. easy to play with your friends just press join game, no more town portal scroll or identity scrolls justTL:DR- 1. Fact- Huge customization with over 108 possible skills with runes, dyes for armor, male and female characters, items change appearances much more than previous games, items glow with a color based on attributes of the item. you can create and customize your own banner, 2. easy to play with your friends just press join game, no more town portal scroll or identity scrolls just press t to go back to town and right click to id items, also you dont need to wait for a town portal just click the teammates banner to go right into the action.
    3. Gold actually now has value (unlike diablo 2) and you can craft rare items similar to how charsi could imbue!!
    4. You actually need to think! Monsters can create walls to block your path, can freeze you solid, push, pull, knockback, make you character feared, slowed, poisoned, thrown into the air. enemies are extremely varied and you must use all your abilities to survive.

This game is great. I'm not sure why there are so many 0's on here. I think that the new skill customization is great, People are saying the skill system has no customization are dead wrong and have only played to levels 10 or so. You unlock skills as you level and you unlock runes which change the skill. All together i think there are over 108 different skills with runes attached Which easily exceeds diablo 2 customization. Lets be honest for a moment. in diablo 2 (an amazing game) there were 2 or 3 actual builds for a class that were viable for hardcore players. You had to put points into synergies or your character would suck. This new skill system allows for great customization and the ability to adapt to situations. Every character has their own voice and voice acting is everywhere which really draws you into the game. There are great cut scenes with awesome action. Everything in diablo 3 is added because the cummunity tried to add it themselves into diablo 2. There WAS an auction house with real money, it was a third pary company that made bots that would play the game and farm all day and find items to sel to peoplel. Would you rather the makers of diablo 3 add that back in,? An option for bots and farming? I dont think so. Instead they created an entire interface for it and for YOU to make money if you want to. You dont like the auction house and think its dumb? you dont need to use it. The auction house is there if you want to use it and nothing more. The new interface makes creating and joining games with your friends so easy.
  66. May 15, 2012
    I love this game. It leads me back to the Second edition I played as a kid. The graphics are pretty, enemies are challenging, and the class mechanics innovative.
  67. May 15, 2012
    Excellent game, a lot of people don't understand about the DRM and like to jump on the band wagon, but with this new DRM the game feels better, people aren't able to hack and dupe items so the RMAH and status of the game remain clean and unspoiled, Combat is fun, fans of Diablo 1 and 2, this is your Diablo 3.
  68. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is very good!I like a diverse mix of skills, easy to play, after the first hour of launch with everyone in the world trying to log in, access & gamepaly was flawless. I actually prefer the art-based graphic style that still looks good .
  69. May 15, 2012
    IGNORE ALL THE HATERS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT SERVERS!! I played for a solid 8+ hours today with no problems. If you didn't take off to play a game that is arguably the most anticipated game of the decade, I don't feel bad for you. Get over it. No matter what, there were going to be issues with this launch. It's just too popular. All of you complaining about not being able to use skillIGNORE ALL THE HATERS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT SERVERS!! I played for a solid 8+ hours today with no problems. If you didn't take off to play a game that is arguably the most anticipated game of the decade, I don't feel bad for you. Get over it. No matter what, there were going to be issues with this launch. It's just too popular. All of you complaining about not being able to use skill points... you're an idiot. You know you would have just looked up a cookie cutter build online anyway. Why do you think the skill points were done away with? This is a great game. No one in their right mind can give it less than a 7 or 8. Anyone giving this game a 0-4 based on day one server issues should go to college to learn networking so they can understand how unpredictable networks, ISPs and servers can be. Internet technology isn't perfect. The sooner you all realize this, the sooner you can stop being so angry and giving sch ludicrously low scored to a fantastic game. Expand
  70. May 15, 2012
    It really upsets me how some gamers can be so biased and childish. To give some background: I grew up on Diablo and Diablo II; and I played them so much that I can practically recognize the Tristram opening guitar chord in any piece of music that I listen to. First off: the problems with the servers at launch. I find it ridiculous for almost 1000 users to give a game a bad review because aIt really upsets me how some gamers can be so biased and childish. To give some background: I grew up on Diablo and Diablo II; and I played them so much that I can practically recognize the Tristram opening guitar chord in any piece of music that I listen to. First off: the problems with the servers at launch. I find it ridiculous for almost 1000 users to give a game a bad review because a game had server problems at launch. For those of you who are personally offended because of this problem, I only have this to say: AN ONLINE GAME OF THIS SIZE AND SCOPE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN IT FIRSTS LAUNCHES. It is ridiculous to think that a game that will be played by millions of people online at a time will not have problems when it first launches. Also, the sole fact that there are almost 1000 negative reviews for it and the game has barely been out for 24 hours is astonishing. OMG THEY CHANGED THE ORIGINAL GAMEPLAY A BIT, I GUESS I SHOULD CRAP ALL OVER THE GAME ON A WEBSITE. Grow up. I sincerely doubt that the the reviewers that took the user score down to a 3.5 actually played the game all the way through. All this being said, I have not played the game all of the way through yet either, however I am adult enough to say that so far the game is different from the originals, but still an extremely solid and engaging game. I have had a great time with what I have played so far and I have not wanted to stop playing yet. There is still the chance that I will get to the end of the game and be disappointed, at which point I will then post a fair review of the game. I simply wanted to give this game a 10/10 to try and balance out the douchebaggery going on here. I have seen it many times in this site: anticipated game comes out, a couple of problems with game (whether technical or opinion), give the game a crappy review before the game is given a proper chance. It comes down to this when it comes to anticipated sequels: if it is too similar it is a rehash, if it is too different it "isn't for fans of the original." Gamers who review on this site need to start throwing out their preconceptions of anticipated games and give them a fair chance before trashing them. Rant over, grow up, play game through, then review. Expand
  71. May 15, 2012
    I am an older gamer who was starting to think I had lost an interest in video games. Today I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. This game is fantastic. At the moment it deserves a 9. Time will tell if it deserves a 10. I'm giving it a 10 just to offset the absurd number of "0" ratings that showed up at midnight before anyone had even played the game.

Ignore any reviews in the 0-3 range

Ignore any reviews in the 0-3 range that don't offer any real criticism of the game itself. The servers were down for a few hours, and people who haven't even played the game are taking out their frustrations here. People are also complaining about "DRM," and don't seem to understand how Diablo 3 functions as a multiplayer game. I'll take a dupe-free Diablo 3 over a single-player Diablo 3.
  72. May 15, 2012
    The game is great. With the exception of the expected blizzard fail on launch day (does it actually still surprise people that blizzard ALWAYS fails on launch day?), it plays smooth. Visuals are nice, music is phenomenal, the gameplay/combat is smooth and fluid. The attribute/Talent removal was a little odd, but the skill selection being capped at 6 on your bar, and the rune system reallyThe game is great. With the exception of the expected blizzard fail on launch day (does it actually still surprise people that blizzard ALWAYS fails on launch day?), it plays smooth. Visuals are nice, music is phenomenal, the gameplay/combat is smooth and fluid. The attribute/Talent removal was a little odd, but the skill selection being capped at 6 on your bar, and the rune system really allow you to make your abilities the way you want them. It allows you to pick/choose your skills without having to have specific ones talented into to make you 'cookie cutter' since they are all unlocked anyhow. I've played as much as I could today with servers being down and having to work, and I'm loving it so far. If you are expecting a graphically updated diablo 2, you will be disappointed. This is a new game with new mechanics, but I am enjoying it so far. The crafting system is very different from anything that was in diablo 2, and its a nice change of pace to give you something to do with your random items/gold laying around. Expand
  73. May 16, 2012
    Launch is still messy but great game overall. superior to any action RPG i have played to date. Would def recommend to all my friends who own a pc.
  74. May 15, 2012
    Why are there so many uneducated people allowed to post on this site? The same points over and over again are brought up with no research or effort to see why blizzards choose certain game systems. I swear if you have posted about lack of customization you obviously haven
  75. May 15, 2012
    Its exceeded my expectations and I've loved it thoroughly so far. I loved the game since I was a kid and it has hit the Diablo standard I had for it and then added another level to that complexity to make it an amazing game.
  76. May 15, 2012
    Haven't beat the game yet, but I love it. Music (Soundtrack), graphics (backdrops, spell effects, character portraits & models), and game play are all masterful. Yes, there are server issues, and with Blizzard's Battle.net paradigm these problems are understandable. You might have to wait a bit for service to work flawlessly, but Blizz typically does not disappoint. Perhaps most strikingHaven't beat the game yet, but I love it. Music (Soundtrack), graphics (backdrops, spell effects, character portraits & models), and game play are all masterful. Yes, there are server issues, and with Blizzard's Battle.net paradigm these problems are understandable. You might have to wait a bit for service to work flawlessly, but Blizz typically does not disappoint. Perhaps most striking about this game is the potential it shows -- PvP is missing, there are few character customization options, and the storyline is on the short side (though not at all if you include the various difficulties), but it's easy to tell that Blizzard will do *a lot* with this game. The diehards are all spamming negative reviews about the Real Money Auction House making the game a "pay-to-win" game and capitalizing on this(not so, read the D3 RMAH FAQ on the D3 site), the always online requirement for the game(if you understand the nature of Battle.net, this becomes a non-issue), and that it's like WoW (there are influences, yes, but these games are incredibly dissimilar for many, many reasons). Based on the expectations I'm hearing, I'm not sure what many of them were hoping for. Of course most of it boils down to sad drivel like this: "this game is **** away from it at all costs,it is extremely dumbed down and downright boring to play,i so regret buying this game,it is a wow clone". Diehard trolls aside, this is a fantastic game -- definitely money well spent! (D3:CE) Expand
  77. May 15, 2012
    I'll be honest, this game deserves a good score, but not a 10.
    The launch is abysmal, I expected it to some degree, but I didn't expect servers down almost a full 24 hours. That said, I'm here to judge the game, not the launch, and the game itself is really good.
    I'll be honest, this game deserves a good score, but not a 10.

Diablo is an MMO condensed into a more personal experience, did you love raiding in WoW but didn't have the time? Diablo makes a great alternative to the grind through mobs and bosses, get loot, need we all need to fill. One thing noted by many is the normal campaign was cleared in 6 hours, however this is a terrible assessment, as I played for a good 4 hours with multiple friends, and still haven't completely finished Act 1. Its a long game, and if you take into account that the real game is inferno difficulty, you've got hundreds of hours ahead of you.

The always online DRM doesn't bother me, as this is the sort of game I play exclusively with friends anyway, I do hope Blizzard implements an offline mode and just does not let items obtained in it be traded online to prevent potential cheats. All in all its a 9.0 quality game, lacking a bit in areas, but good, don't let the review bombers fool you, its worth your cash once the servers are steady.
  78. May 15, 2012
    After the hour or so of launch day server issues everything works flawlessly. Great gameplay, story, art direction, and voice acting. 10/10 would buy again.
  79. May 15, 2012
    Crows take flight, accompanied by violins singing rapidly as you begin your journey in Diablo III, what wonders await? What a beautiful game. Just watching the building burn in the distance against the misty clouds which float across the full moon is enough to take your breath away. The DIABLO III logo shines in glorious gold and red as a lone crow motions in majestic redundancy below, andCrows take flight, accompanied by violins singing rapidly as you begin your journey in Diablo III, what wonders await? What a beautiful game. Just watching the building burn in the distance against the misty clouds which float across the full moon is enough to take your breath away. The DIABLO III logo shines in glorious gold and red as a lone crow motions in majestic redundancy below, and slightly to the right. But that's not all, there is a solitary, gnarled tree dominating the left hand of the foreground, twisted and haunting atop a rocky hill. Another crow sits in that tree... I have spent many-a-hour of game-play just wondering what they crow must be thinking. Millions will certainly get hours upon hours of game-play examining the gray-green grass, swaying hypnotically in the breeze amidst puffs of smoke. The options page is brilliant, and there is a whole list of categories labeled "Act I" to "Act IV" under the cinematics category. One piece of criticism I must point out is that the credits are awfully boring, and there are many empty text fields and a "News" section obstructing my field of view at all times. But all things considered, this is a masterpiece which certainly deserves the Game of the Year Award. God bless you, Blizzard, God bless you. Expand
  80. May 15, 2012
    A quick glance at a bunch of these reviews will shows you a lot of ugly scores, but if you actually take the time to read the reviews what do they even say about the game, that there are connection issues? That there is no offline mode? Ok, but what else?

The game has been officially out for less than what, 2 days, and people are already torching it because it isn't perfect? Of course there are connection issues. People have been waiting 10+ years for this game, I doubt any kind of preparation, aside from creating an entirely independent internet service, would have been able to handle the massive influx of new and current users attempting to log on to servers, log on to battle.net etc etc. Mind you that Blizzard is also responsible for maintaining all of the World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 servers, along with any and all other games they and/or Activision handle, during this cluster#*$! of networking issues. How many employees do you think they have that are there only to work on Diablo 3 issues? I imagine that number is much, much less than the number of people trying to play the game. Yes, you paid money to play this game, and yes it isn't working as well as you thought it should be. 48 hours is far too soon to be bashing a game to oblivion because the system isn't perfect.

Regarding the no offline mode, well, as far as I know and have heard, there is no offline mode due, most likely, to the real money auction house. I don't know the specifics of how it works, but players will be unable to create "hacked" items, as they once did in Diablo 2, without an offline mode. Everything in-game item is regulated by the server, and therefore it is authentic, allowing it to be used in the real money auction house. Again, I say this is what I think the reason is. This is not definite fact, but it is a reason that I deem acceptable.

I'm writing this review even though I've played the game for about 2 hours, which may be more time than a lot of these negative reviews. I enjoyed those 2 hours thoroughly. This is my opinion of it. It feels like classic Diablo 2, a click-click-click adventure rpg. The dialogue is well scripted, and the voice acting is just as fantastic as it is in all Blizzard games. I've only messed around with normal mode, and I'm believing what the developers said that it is basically a tutorial/easy mode. Normal mode is a cake walk, so far, but I don't mind, because I can focus on the story, and although not an award winner, the story is enjoyable. I haven't progressed far enough in the skill system to have an adequate opinion of it, other than that is currently easy to use and enjoyable, with the possibility of a lot of customization.

Regarding the difficulty, I imagine that the other modes will be significantly more difficult. The broad range of difficulties allows the game to be accessible to the broad range of gamers, ranging from casual to hardcore. I think that, during these 10+ years that people have been waiting for this game, people's expectations became so outrageous that regardless of how good the game is, it would still far short of what they thought it should be. So, don't pay much attention to the bad scores that people are giving this game (right now atleast), because it seems like most of it is due to connection issues and lack of an offline mode, and lots of lots of rage. When people are angry, they think angry, they play angry, and they form angry opinions. Chill.
  81. May 15, 2012
    I've been very impressed with Diablo 3 thus far. The art direction is incredible - the scenery is dark, gorgeous, saturated and not overly cartoony. Every class is a joy to play, with a wide array of skills. Runes really add depth to the gameplay experience, and there are so many build options for people to try out and enjoy.

The quest and event system has been greatly improved over

The quest and event system has been greatly improved over previous games, and it just feels streamlined and well-designed. Multiplayer is a joy now that players are no longer competing for loot, and boss fights are actually challenging.

All in all, this looks to be on of the best video games I've ever played, and I'm so excited that Blizzard created it. It's clear that a lot of love went into this game.
  82. May 15, 2012
    I've never reviewed anything on metacritic before but after reading the many of the negative reviews and seeing what their gripe is I felt compelled. Diablo III is an impressive game that stands on it's own. I would like to take a moment to touch on just a few of the "reasons" people have given as a reason to scoring the game with a 3 or lower. First, you must be connected to the internetI've never reviewed anything on metacritic before but after reading the many of the negative reviews and seeing what their gripe is I felt compelled. Diablo III is an impressive game that stands on it's own. I would like to take a moment to touch on just a few of the "reasons" people have given as a reason to scoring the game with a 3 or lower. First, you must be connected to the internet and battle.net in order to play. It's been on the D3 website for over a year and it's the same model Blizzard used when they launched Starcraft II. If you failed to do even the most basic investigation before spending your money, you wouldn't feel cheated, however, you only have yourself to blame. The benefit of Online-only game play FAR out weighs the drawbacks unless you were planning on pirating the game. It allows Blizzard to control the economy, pull real time statistical data, and keep cheating to a minimum. By the way, in our day and age of near 24 hour connectivity to mobile devices, wifi, and hotspots - being online to play the game is a negative? I'm sorry but there is a far less vocal majority who live in 2012 that have no problem with Online only DRM. That said, you should not review the game based on this, and if you do, is it really worth giving a game that would have received a positive review, a ZERO because of this? Secondly, many people have complained about the perceived lack of character customization. When you compare D3 to D2 in this department, you guys are absolutely right, you had total control to make a horrible character in D2 and you do not have that ability in D3. A smart player in D2 would have "customized" their character by following one of only a handful long-standing "builds" which almost never changed because the math behind each build was tried and tested for years. Diablo 3 brings this franchise into the modern era where the customer is not the "die-hard gamer" or the "lives with his mother gamer" or the "Loves to play DnD gamer", but rather "The guy from the accounting department", or "The girl who makes your Tall Mocha Latte" every morning. But, you might think, did they sacrifice the character customization that so many fans loved, just to be more accessible to "Joe-schmo"? Not at all. There is still a hundred ways to use your skills in unique and imaginative combinations and while some combinations work better than others, you still get far MORE options that actually have functionality.

Lastly, there have been many who felt that the inability for Blizzard to manage their servers in such a way that would let everyone who wanted to play, log in within the first 15 hours, were cause for a ZERO rating. Let me remind you that Diablo 3 is one of the most pre-ordered games in gaming history. More people spread more evenly across the globe want to play this game and want to play it right now then perhaps any other launch in history and even so, I was able to play for about 10 hours yesterday, yes, on launch day. How did I do it? Patience, for starters. Also I took the suggestions from the Blizzard team and setup my router to keep D3's ports open. I had a problem, sought a solution, found one from the Dev Team, implemented it and was able to play not long there after. What I did not do was run to Metacritic and give the entire game a Zero because I was too impatient or inept to play the game.

I'm giving this game a 10/10 because the game is fun, the story is interesting, the gameplay is engaging and allows the player to try new combinations in skills. I started with the Wizard because I felt it would be one of the least played classes, and I've been very happy with that choice. The game's option screen allows for a wide variety of customization even on things that are obvious to me that they could not have thought of without playing the game and listening to testers.

Bottom line: Is this game Diablo II with better graphics? Absolutely not. This game moves, responds, and envelopes the player in a way that it's predecessor never did. It brings the Diablo franchise into the modern gaming era and leaves little room to doubt the master craftsmanship that went into the production of the title. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who is ready for an adventure, and I wont feel the need to direct them to an extensive game guide beforehand. In short, Diablo III will return what you put into it. If you want a carefree action game and don't much care for the mechanics, you're in for a treat! And if you want to dive into every number of every stat and calculate the damage output, I think you'll find yourself at home as well. Congratulations Blizzard, on an excellent launch, and amazing title.
  83. May 15, 2012
    150 characters minimum? God dammit I hate typing...
    Anyway, I played the beta for a short time and I fell in love with this game, even in it's unstable form.
    Now that it has been fully released Diablo III has exceeded all me expectations not only in a game but as a platform. The server issues that people have experienced are a minor set back and to be honest I expected worse when the game
    150 characters minimum? God dammit I hate typing...
    The server issues that people have experienced are a minor set back and to be honest I expected worse when the game went live.
    The blizzard team have done a great job and anyone who says otherwise should take a good look at themselves as a person and as a pert of modern society.

ALSO, There is no OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER because of the risk of hacking, now wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have cheating idiots... then we may be able to have our OFFLINE play.

Yea, the caps were to get your attention :P
  84. May 16, 2012
    The game is great and I like it a lot. Act 1 is easy cause it is for training and there are people who cant see it, plus you are playing at normal. Mixed feelings wth the DRM, but it does not bother me. RMAH, okay someone wants to pay for stuff, it does not affect your gameplay. You dont need customization with skillpoints cause you put it always the same way. If you cant log in game andThe game is great and I like it a lot. Act 1 is easy cause it is for training and there are people who cant see it, plus you are playing at normal. Mixed feelings wth the DRM, but it does not bother me. RMAH, okay someone wants to pay for stuff, it does not affect your gameplay. You dont need customization with skillpoints cause you put it always the same way. If you cant log in game and never played the game, dont rate it. Expand
  85. May 16, 2012
    Serious review no spoilers here. The haters on here whining about DRM need to go back to 1997. Times change and games evolved guys! Piracy is rampant and why shouldn't the company be able to protect their investment? Silly all of that anti-DRM whining and I am a confirmed torrent user.

As far as diablo3 goes it is the best game I have played since maybe Warcraft3 or even WoW. Simply a masterpiece. That is all.

TL;DR: Anti-DRM crowd is a bunch of snivelling babies. Diablo3 is EPIC.
  86. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard lied to us, trying to make up B.S. excuses why the online DRM was needed, like how they did it with SC2. They are obsessed with sales, becauses its Activision at the end of the day running the show. Like how they rip everyone off with Call of Duty, WOW, D3 id doing the same crap.

Diablo 3 - Is very linear and no even 5% as dynamic as d1/2 were, the levels are now boxed sections

Diablo 3
    - Is very linear and no even 5% as dynamic as d1/2 were, the levels are now boxed sections that inter change, where before every single wall, room and door were never in the same position, they were completely replabled, diablo 3 feel like it has basically lost its randomization. When you learn where the sections interconnect or you just start to remember the area you are in. You basically run to the exit 80% of the time just because you remember the same sections over and over letting you avoid half of the rooms that you know lead to no where. Blizzard had some amateur developers picking up after Blizzard North the real diablo 1/2 creators, none of the orgional key staff are around and that's why diablo 3 is ALOT worse then the past, sad to say i'm getting a refund.
  87. May 16, 2012
    I love the atmosphere of the game. The action is fast paced and feels great. It starts a bit slow when you only have a couple of skills to use, but it really opens up once you start getting the meat of your abilities. Rune system is great. A skill you thought was useless before becomes a must have when the right rune opens up.
  88. May 26, 2012
    First off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out IFirst off, let me say that although I played Diablo II ~10 years ago I had no inclination of buying this game for $60. I enjoyed the Paladin in Diablo II for a time but never got into the other characters or played online. I smirked at the endless amount of time that they were taking to complete this and wrote it off as another hyped up overpriced disappointment. After it came out I decided to try out the trial version by purchasing a guest pass on Ebay. After trying it out I decided to buy it immediately. They have outdone themselves with attention to detail, an endless array of monsters, animations, artwork, and an overall superior product to anything that has come out in many years. Not sure what all the complaints are about.. the game retains the intense atmosphere, writing and superb voice acting of its predecessors and creates a visually stunning experience which is also superb in the performance department. My computer is somewhat last generation and it runs on max settings at a steady 60 fps and only slows down when you are surrounded by an obscene amount of enemies on screen.. all with an amazing array of effects. Its truly a masterpiece. Expand
  89. May 16, 2012
    Torchlight 2 > Diablo 3. Many of the original developers of Diablo 1 and 2 worked on that game and it shows. Diablo 3 is just fancy colors and is lacking in-depth addictive gameplay.
  90. May 16, 2012
    One of the best game i've ever played ! I was a big fan of Diablo and Diablo 2 (and LoD extension), and this Diablo really rock !
    I hope they will succeed correcting this Server problems !
  91. May 16, 2012
    10 hours into the game. The cutscene into act 2 made me cry. This is a fantastic game.

The server issues will be fixed. This is BLIZZARD, people...................................
  92. May 16, 2012
    What? I really dont understand the negative reviews.... I think this is the best Diablo yet and definitely no where near as short as people say it is if you actually do everything
  93. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that hasExcellent game. Demon Hunter class plays brilliantly. Hacked my way up to level 25 yesterday just to get the crossbow sentry's. AWESOME. Control is flawless, animation and story very good (though I don't play game for story - I watch movies or read books for story - I play games for ...game). Took a while to log in in the evening, but no biggie. A single player or co-op game that has server queues like an MMO isn't brilliant, but it's not that bad either. Loving every minute of it. Love the hatorz as well. Wonder why they bought it? (Wonder IF they bought it more like lol) Expand
  94. May 16, 2012
    The game is close to excellent. I don't need the perfect graphics, modern technologies or something outstanding. All I need was at Diablo. The only problem makes me sad is Battle.net connection required to play. I prefer to have a standalone offline version that has no dependence from outer servers.
  95. IMN
    May 16, 2012
    The King is back! And He is even more awesome than ever before! It is really clear to see where all those years have gone - every little thing in this game is brilliant! Game of the year so far.
  96. May 16, 2012
    Pls review the game not the connection issues which indeed is frustating but has nowhere to do with the gameplay itself and that should be the judgement criteria. Therefore 10 as counterscore.
  97. May 16, 2012
    Great game, after the first hour of launch with everyone in the world trying to log in, access & gamepaly was flawless. I actually prefer the art-based graphic style that still looks good years later (ie D2) instead of the trend to hyper-realism and the uncanny valley.
  98. May 16, 2012
    I'd realistically rate it somewhere between an 8 or 9... I've played about three hours so far and it's very fun. Only got one error 37... Recommended.
  99. May 16, 2012
    Great game! Graphic is neat - not because of high polygons, particle effect and anty-aliasing **** Game looks awesome even on low deails - beacuse o 3d grapics and 2d elemnts - plus brilliant use of perspective. This game wont get old in next couple of years. Gamplay is fun and progresively more challenging. Co-op is a heart of the game, and game forces players to use theri heads andGreat game! Graphic is neat - not because of high polygons, particle effect and anty-aliasing **** Game looks awesome even on low deails - beacuse o 3d grapics and 2d elemnts - plus brilliant use of perspective. This game wont get old in next couple of years. Gamplay is fun and progresively more challenging. Co-op is a heart of the game, and game forces players to use theri heads and tactics often.

Customisation is great, many viable builde, not only 2-3 ways to spend the points to gest best build... And if you get bored - you change it almost instantly. Story wasn't the important part of Diablo 1 & 2 and even hack'n'slash genre - but in diablo 3 the improved it a lot. All dialogs are read by actors, so you wont get lost in the middle of the game. And the story itself is pretty intresting.

I had small amounts of DRM - related problems, i belive they disappear in couple of days. I like the idea of on-line game, taht you can almost instantly join your friends, with real mony AH (which i can pay for blizz games) and the patches - because i belive that blizzard will work a lot to improve user experience. Worth all the money, dont listen to impatient hater kids. I was playnig thidty minutes after midnight (only couple of times had error 37) and no problems after that.
  100. May 16, 2012
    Despite an initial hiccup with the login/game servers and a few bugs here and there, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to the series. The graphics are better than on-par for 2012, the skills are creative, the classes astounding, and the storyline entertaining.

1. Aug 31, 2012