3.9

1. May 16, 2012
    Stunning game, well worth the wait. Nevermind the low review on this page as what they are really grading is the game during it's first couple of days, which has been filled with server problems due to a huge onflux of users. These will settle soon.
    The game itself is awesome. Provides a great combination of customization, difficulty and just pure fun.
    It's also super simple to play games
    with friends or "randoms". Just join their game, while thier playing, or have them join yours.
    I'm currently on Act 2, taking my time exploring. Up until now its great.
  2. May 16, 2012
    Don''t listen to all of the idiots complaining about the server issues, and complaining that it's not Diablo 2. This game is downright amazing. It offers one of the best SinglePlayer/Co-Op experiences compared to all the crap tha'ts been out this year. The reason Blizzard is making it online only, is so people can't dupe and "cheat" in the auction house. Some people can't understand anything...
  3. May 16, 2012
    Before I state anything I would like to say that the DRM is pretty bad, so beware that there may be some issues initially. Also, you need constant online connection to play this. The game is a very stream lined version of Diablo 2, and while that may sound bad in reality it is not. For the most part I hacking and slashing my way to loot heaven, and I am not worried about some silly skill tree that is to complicated. Also, being so accessible you are more likely to find some one to play co-op with you.

The visuals are great and I am not sure what so many are complaining about. Hell I wish world of warcraft looked likes this instead of 3D. I really like it, and it sets the mood so very well. I think this art style has staying power, and this game years from now will be attractive to look at. It is very water color styled. This game has nearly a never ending amount of replay value to it. I highly recommend this game, but wait a week or two after the launch.
  4. May 16, 2012
    Brilliant game, exactly what i was expecting it to be, better than diablo 2, the people whining are because they haven't caught up with the times and need to let go of their rose tinted goggles
  5. May 16, 2012
    Now..I ask people to remember the year of 2000.I want you to remember the difference diablo 2 and diablo 1. I remember my reaction...WTF IS STAMINA? Personaly, i didnt like the attribute leveling, because I mess it up always...Just so happens, that if you want to upgrade your paladin in Travincal,you want fancy shmency armors,but have to drop the dex upgrade.So you get a character that drains stamina like crazy,and cannot hit a damn thing.I didnt like the attribute system. i still haven't played the game,but i know it will be epic.I see no reason not to be.You dont need good graphics to have a good game.I dont care about the internet issues.Blizzard will fix it.For all those that have problem with graphics: Please try ABUSE which is an old game, or Master of Orion 2, or X-COM UFO: enemy unknown. Those are game with old graphics but EXCELENT gameplay and still my favorite games. Those people that claim that Modern Warfare or call of duty are good games, are just ragekids. D3 is an old school type of game. If you do not like it, don't buy it. Simple. Cheers Expand
  6. May 16, 2012
    The visuals of this game are acceptable. however, the art and general style of the product seems to have been copy&pasted from WoW. It doesn't fit the previously established look of the Diablo franchise, it's cartoonish. Is blizzard trying to appeal to younger players? The game mechanics have been simplyfied (not that they were very complex to begin with). One can tell that Activision had their hands in this. The forced online aspect is an outrage and takes control away from the consumer, a trend in gaming that needs to be stopped. The fact that it is possible to buy items for real money is an insult to players world wide. Blizzard should crash and burn for this one. Do not spend money on this game. Expand
  7. May 16, 2012
    Unlike many other that have been dragging the rating down to 3 etc. do i like the game allot. Personally i think that Diablo 3 have many of the positive details and the same fun gameplay like Diablo 2 did, and with a beautiful atmosphere that drags you into the good story where bad forces are about to take over the world ones again i want to give it a big recommendation to all that haven't bought it yet. Expand
  8. May 16, 2012
    Sorry to say but there are a lot of fool people in the world THAT IS DIABLO! obviously dialbo is update in 2012 you live in stone age! the story is closer to the player the character is use to be changed every minutes to keep the line with other 100 games. in this way could be possible to update. with new skill in the next exp what you suppose to do??? respec is the new way of the customization

please Blizzard forgive them
  9. May 16, 2012
    I don't understand how can someone bomb a game with 0's without even playing through it first.
    Always-online DRM? Is it possible you did not know about this? This was known for at least 3 years now, what did you expect?

Personally, I'm playing the game and enjoying it. It has that "Diablo feel" which was, really, all that i required. Only thing I think the game is missing out on is music,
    though I haven't heard it all so I'm not really credible.
    Gameplay is, once you get to login, fluid and addictive. At least with my barbarian so far. The cinematics are also great and really help with the immersion.

I only made this account after being baffled by this extremely low score and I'm giving it a 10 in attempt to balance things out. Though I might have given it a 10 anyways.

Oh and also, I see people mentioning EA in their "reviews". I guess this only shows how uninformed and non-credible this people are; or should I say, "butthurt" after buying a game without, somehow, knowing you have to be online all the time. I understand the frustration of not being able to log in on the first day, but hell, if you managed to wait 11 years, you can wait for another day or two until things balance themselves out.

Well, this was my first and probably last review, if you can call it that. Now I'll go back to playing this excellent game while you express your inability to login, rather than the quality of the game itself with your negative reviews.
  10. May 16, 2012
    Awesome game besides the launch problems. It's has the same addictive feel as the first two games. It's all about that loot and i can't get enough. Goodbye life!
  11. May 16, 2012
    Pay no mind to all the haters. This game is awesome and really fun. Blizzard has done a great job of getting a great game out and it was worth the wait!!
  12. May 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game isn't perfect, but is a great game, DRM is a shame, but I think the game is pretty fun, despite the outdated graphics, it's pretty well anyway, diablo 3 despite the problems it presents is a recommended game, and Monk is the best Expand
  13. lcf
    May 16, 2012
    Played Diablo I and II, and many other hack&slash up to date (including roguelikes, Sacred, Titan Quest, and others), and it's totally awesome. Fun skills, nice customization with runes, can do re-spec any time.

Good boss fights (Butcher is the first worth mentioning) you won't find in any other HnS. And even normal difficulty level can be sometimes challenging, usually when you meet mobs
    with new mechanics (like wallers).

Plot is not usually most important thing in HnS, but it's here, and it's great, too - as well as very high quality cinematics.

Full 10/10 from me.

PS Yes, release day was a failure when it came to logging in. That's why 10/10, not 11/10 ;].
  14. May 16, 2012
    i somehow managed $60 and grab a copy of what i was waiting for long.
    f*** the drm, i can't play because of Blizzard dumbness and greed.... die you.
    its a big disappointment , even single player don't have offline mode. what the f*** they were polishing and stress testing.
    ridiculous it is.
  15. May 16, 2012
    I had to make an account just to counter the amount of crying whiny children. I love this game and I've been enjoying it almost without a break since I started at 1am. Yes, the launch wasn't perfect. Yes, there were connection issues. Make me a game that's perfect 00.01am and I'll pay much more than I did for my CE and download.
  16. May 16, 2012
    Because **** people who gave bad review... and didn't play the game. Be more patient and it'll be ok. Dudes, you know it will be like that, it's alaways like that the first days.
  17. May 16, 2012
    I am giving this a 10 because of the preposterous amount of people rating D3 as a 0 just because they haven't been able to log onto the servers yet. Disgusting. You people need to sort your lives out way more than Blizz needs to sort out their servers.
  18. May 16, 2012
    Perfect game i don't know why everybody is so angry against the DRM almost anyone have Internet and certainly they will fix the errors soon i really don't believe that people can be so stupid in that way of giving low score because of a bug...
  19. May 16, 2012
    The Best game ever, even though the lousy start. And no matter what they say all sorts of whiners, and the like thugs, it will buy or at least launch a pirate, all the world
  20. May 16, 2012
    Remove free from my last sentence in my previous post, that didn't make any sense. PVP isn't even the game now, I would imagine the same people who give this a zero would give Bioshock, KOTOR, and any other quality PC game the same zero.
  21. May 16, 2012
    Magnificent and marvelous PC exclusive game. Those who are complaining - have a damn patience and get a better internet in 2012.

HL2 launch was much worse but people praise valve anyway. BS.
  22. May 16, 2012
    I believe this game to be rated about to be about and 8, however i am rating a ten because of the unfair judgement this game has been given. A 3.5, in absurd. If this were the first game of the series, all the nerd boys (and girls) would raving about how great this game is. A large portion of complaints come from the game being online only. We're at a point where damn near everyone has internet. If you don't have internet, it's probably because you haven't paid your bills and shouldn't be buying new games. Now once you accept the fact that it's online only and most everyone has internet all the time on their computer, you'll realize that you can see your friends online and your friends can see you online. This allows you to instantly jump in and play with your friends. Have you ever been to a LAN party and had this happen? "Well i'd host the server, but greg and steve can't connect to me, but if greg hosts I can connect, but joe can't. But if joe hosts every can connect." You spend so much time figuring out who can join who. Blizzard is the server, everyone can connect to it without issue.( Except right now )

The visual could be somewhat darker than they are, but they are still great.

I will agree that some things in the game have been dumbed down, but a lot of those dumbled down things really were just ways to prevent you from being able to play the game. For example, after 4 hours of game play, I didn't have to identify one item. So that means i don't have to buy a ton of identify scrolls once i get back to town and manually identify each item while my friends stand around and wait for me. Town portals don't need scrolls. Those scrolls were cheap and wasted inventory. Honestly, there are only 3 features that make this game easier. Teleporting to your friends from town, check points when you die, and not dropping all your items when you die. I would like to see check points go away and items dropping at later difficulty, but its not that big of an issue. Complain once you think inferno is easy.

The skill tree and points system is gone. The vast majority of players likely looked up online where they should put their stats. So most everyone followed the "optimum stats" build. Powers are unlocked at levels. I don't know about other people, but almost everytime I unlocked a power, I was like, "That's awesome!".

But.. but.. the servers won't log me in. Deal with it, it's a game. Blizzard will fix the issues quickly. Take a shower and go get some fresh air, maybe a sandwich too.

Diablo III isn't the best game ever, but its fun. Accept it as a fun game, because once you do, you'll enjoy it.
  23. May 16, 2012
    I love this game. I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 for years, and even if this game is different from first 2 titles, I've found it amazing. It's all I'm waiting for: fast action hack'n'slash game with some rpg elements. And every new level it adds me more choice to build my character. I can't wait to ding level 60 so I can appreciate this game at its best.
  24. May 16, 2012
    I'm in Nightmare mode. I need more of this game because... It is so smoooooooooooooth. The normal mode is easy and let us play comfortably. In the nightmare mode, the "beast" becomes far more aggressive and game "playable". Soooo cool!
  25. May 16, 2012
    This is supposed to be a review of the game, now how they botched the launch. The launch was pretty bad, but the game is fantastic. Yes they did away with the skill trees and instead gave you WAY more options. Character customization is really not that complicated if you take the time to, ya know, read. They took out most of what was annoying about D2 and left all the demon slaughtering fun!
  26. May 16, 2012
    Had a lot of issues with the servers, But when I did get to play I had tons of fun! I played all the diablo titles and This one so far is my favorite.
  27. May 16, 2012
    "Uhhhh this game sucks because nobody can log-in!" has been the last 24 hours' chorus, and I undoubtedly support the idea that a DRM forcing you to log-in even when in Single Player can upset somebody. Now, please, think again: Blizzard justified the online-thingy placing online features in the SP mode too, at least, not like others which force you to log and check every time, without "feeling" the game as "online". You can like this, or don't, but it's a choice that brought classical online related problems, nothing more or less than that. Next in line "The graphic sucks! It's not like Diablo 2!" of course it isn't. DIII is not like DII in the same way DII was not like Diablo itself, with all the deserts, swamps, mountain etcetera. We all can say there were no "blue colored tendencies" in the first two games, but still, I can't see where it's wrong having them for a start. I myself am a GM for many RPGs, and when I tell a dark story, I don't get upset because my wizard wants to dress yellow, or because somebody describes his/her spell as "colourful", nor do I accuse them to be "WOW themed". Next, again: "The artistic direction is too much like WOW!" okaaay, calm down, let's have a look at Starcraft II. Now, look again. Doesn't it seem like WOW? No? That's because it's setting is Sci-Fi, the artistic idea behind it is pretty much the same. The new Blizzard's artistic direction is this, you like it or you don't, deal with it. I won't dislike a game because it's different from its predecessor. I don't like WOW graphics, true, but that's mainly because I have a low poly model for my PC right in my face, and not looking at it from a distance. Next: "It's all flat and automatic! No skill trees or customizable characteristics!" do you hear yourselves? Have you even tried to make something different from a Hammerdin or some other somebody-else-made builds in DII? If you did, does the lack of customizable characteristics upset you? Thanks. I personally made a strange face when I understood that skills could be changed only through Skill Runes, but this WILL necessary lead to a multitude of different builds, since one WON'T be overpowered than another, so no more Hammerdins, and no more lame builds. Have fun slashing and killing with your personal build, and get away with the loot. More: "The story is flat, dialogues are below standard!" again, think of Diablo II. Do you remember particularly epic moments beside cutscenes? This is Diablo, it's an ARPG, it's mostly about casting, slashing and stepping on your foes' corpses, Has this stopped you from playing DII two, three or more times in a row? I don't think so. Just a final thought, the "art" in DIII is incredible, the way they played with the knowledge that the game would be seen from one perspective only in the making of scenery, effects, etcetera is beyond imagination, and I love it, with its colours and its "notsomuchlikethefirsttwoonesness". It is okay if you don't like something, somebody wants to shoot at me because I don't like the Uncharted franchise for an example, but this won't keep me from giving a 10 to a game I waited so much for, and I love, even if it has moved in another direction from his roots. Expand
  28. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 got so much love, it's fun. Just few seconds and you are already in action. You can never get bored. The graphic is polished, always a delight of colours and lights. You can choose to level up your crafting skill, but it's not mandatory.
    If there is a little bad point is the chat not visible while not playing. I loved chatting in D2 or WC3 while out of the battle, I don't get why
    they changed it. Expand
  29. May 16, 2012
    First of all, I played diablo 1 for some half hour, and didn't play diablo 2 at all. That's because I really dislike hack and slash games. And then Diablo 3 happened to me, since I play wow and they simply gave it for free for 1 year subscribers. That was first plus in my book. When I finally started 1 hour after 00.00 (yes, everyone tries to connect, and blizz aint gonna spend 3x more money just for players to be able to log on in the 1st hour of launch. On that note, I don't understand the drm runt, you knew its gonna be there, you knew theres gonna be problem in first few days with servers. Blizz doesnt support piracy and actually is investing some money to fight it), pluses just kept showing in my book. Story, lore and dialogues are very good. Its par with much more serious titles, not just hack and slash (bear in mind that I didn't play dibalo 1 and 2). Graphic is not top notch technically, but artistic impression is fantastic. When you're playing multiplayer, and when you gain some levels, and when you came across some 50 monsters with their abilities, its explosion of colors (in good way) from spells, abilities, blood and gore... excellent, and without any graphical hickups.
    there's also good deal of side dungeons (that are not connect to main quest). Another good thing is when you logoff, and then back on later everything resets except main story. Dungeons are not where they used to be (if they are there at all, but there can also be more dungeons than last time), layout is not the same etc., so this adds a lot to replayability . All in all, as someone who didn't play diablo before, and someone who doesn't like hack and slash at all, I have only words of praise for this title. Blizzard didn't disappoint me (again :)). I would give it 9, but seeing all this nerd rage, it's 10, this game deserves much more than 3.6 average
  30. May 16, 2012
    Believe me, I would love to live in a world where this game is a 3.6, but it's simply not. It's polished, fun, and what you would expect from Blizzard. It's and updated D2, that has been streamlined on the skill point and attribute end. The "hardcore" players can say what they want, but I've been playing since the original Diablo and they are for the best. You don't have to look up a build on the internet and make sure you put the exact right points in all their places, and feel remorseful if you didn't. You just bash demon skulls, which is why you play Diablo... So, let the flamers flame, It's still a good game!

Also, the errors are almost all attributed to the servers, which is just something we should expect with an online required game. They will even out after a day or two. Kiddies these days expect perfection from everything. If it isn't purrrfect on day one they Flame On, it's ridiculous. Most of the people who rated 0 on here will still play and love the game. Do I fully agree with the DRM? No, but it or any other feature in the game a surprise? No, exactly as f-ing advertised. Quit crying and go play the game!
  31. May 16, 2012
    Best game eva. I mean its so good it atleast deserves a 3.7 User score on Metacritic. So yea its real good. Too bad that error keep showing up... uhm what was it? 37 yeah, error 37
  32. May 16, 2012
    Loved the storyline, loved the characters, loved the ambients, loved the music, loved the cinematics, D2 was a totally awesome game, D3 is going to be a relly good game indeed. The only problem in the first 2 days of playing was the login problem... but it's actually solved.
  33. May 16, 2012
    Everyone needs to take a breath instead of raging about game systems that have been announced and known for years now. Play through the game and you will see how great it is. Great balance, excellent build variety, amazing gameplay. This will be an all-time classic.
  34. May 16, 2012
    Great game, really awesome graphics. Countless hours of replay. Love the sound and voice acting. Very fun. I can understand why it's so popular. GAME OF THE YEAR.
  35. May 16, 2012
    Excellent game. Some minor server issues that would be expected with any launch of an online game. People are **** about this now because they have no idea what a terrible launch can look like.
  36. May 16, 2012
    This game is great, people need to stop giving bad reviews because of the servers being down or slow. A lot of big games have this problem at launch. Played 4+ house so far and no bugs. Haven't played the 1st or 2nd but still love the game and story line. It runs great on my computer avg 100+ FPS on Max settings at 1920x1080. Buy this game you wont be disappointed.
  37. May 16, 2012
    All of these negative reviews are simply based on either the fact that the servers frequently had to go down on launch day, or that the game isn't just Diablo 2 with new graphics and quests.

That said, I enjoy the game an incredible amount. As someone who has beaten both Diablo and Diablo 2, I can say that this game improves upon many of the things that would, for lack of a better word,
    screw you over in Diablo 2, such as the skills and attributes systems. Now the game chooses your attributes for you and you can use any skill that you have unlocked anytime, it's much more intuitive and convenient; you can't destroy a character by choosing a bad skill. The story is excellent, there is a much stronger focus on it than there was in Diablo 2. The new events system also adds some incentive to explore all areas fully and completely. All in all, I would say that this is an excellent game and a brilliant addition to the Diablo franchise. Expand
  38. May 16, 2012
    People can say what they want, but most of the changes are for the best. If you played all the Diablo's it is easy to see within about 5 minutes that it is more fun, more depth, and takes more skill to play.
  39. May 16, 2012
    Diablo III is an absolutely stunning successor to Diablo II, it had launch day problems, but it's already resolved. Real players would not dump this game down, except trolls, the so called "Diablo II Veteran" (LOL).
    Pathetic attempts to write absolutely garbage review without even playing this game or even have the game. 1300+ trolls trolled Diablo III hard on Metacritic, does it affect
    anyone else? Nope, 10 millions of players will still enjoy this great game whatsoever. Users on Metacritic cannot take seriously when you can review the game without playing it and write stupidly garbage review with self-entitled bias reviews.

Last words: Diablo III is 10/10, better than D1 and D2 in every perspective. Game of the Decade.
  40. May 16, 2012
    For me the most important factor is gameplay, and I'm happy to report that it's great!!! Also the fun factor is multiplied by infinity as soon as you invite other ppl to play with you. I'll be kicking demon ass with my mates for a very long time =)
  41. May 16, 2012
    Wonderful game ! Long time expected and finally here ! Great fun ! Just some traffic jam at the authentication server but the game worths the wait !

The universe is still great, the lore has been renewed... Enjoy !
  42. May 16, 2012
    TO BE FAIR: I have only played this game for about 10 hours so far. However, I have been consistently frustrated by the over-simplified mechanics of the game-play experience. The skill system is a very flawed construct when compared to other titles, including this game's direct predecessor. I receive many arguments from fans stating that Blizzard aimed for simplification to allow a wider diversity of players to enjoy the game. I don't accept this. If you look at recently-release titles such as Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and even Modern Warfare 3, all skill-learning and upgrade systems allow much more freedom of customization of the players character/s and (despite some issues with Skyrim's UI ease-of-use) the games are extremely enjoyable by an extremely wide range of players.

Another frustration to consider is the side-effects this being network-dependent... Such a side-effect I seem to suffer from repeatedly is server lag in a single player game... Think about that. I've had moments during solo-play where my character jumps around the map, counter-strike-style, when my connection to the server suffered. On a positive note, the improvements in the audio/visual realm are very much appreciated, but it's nothing impressive when compared to the majority of titles on the market.

Overall, despite being a relatively short distance into the game, I feel that Blizzard has made some shocking mistakes with the design of the game-play mechanics, and their choice with making this an exclusively network-dependent game. I sincerely hope that Blizzard listens to it's customers complaints and releases some significant improvements to the game.
  43. May 16, 2012
    OMG, people, If you can be bothered to take the actual game into consideration, review the game not the network code. What a bunch of whiners in up in here.
  44. May 16, 2012
    The game launch had issues. They were annoying. Yet all massive multiplayer games like this have those issues. They will be resolved quickly...and in a year no one will remember. I won't focus on those issues.

The game itself is fantastic - very reminiscent of Diablo II. Much of the game seems to be a shout-out to the first two. I find myself loving the new skill system even though I was
    critical of it pre-release. The lore is a lot more front and center than it was in the previous entries...but it still doesn't overshadow the gameplay. The graphics could be a little more dark and gritty - but they aren't terrible, and the visuals "pop" in many areas. I wish textures were a little higher quality, but Blizzard wants the game to be accessible to a lot of players.

So far I've gotten to level 21 on a Monk (mid-way through Act II I'm guessing) and I also have a level 10 Barbarian. I haven't encountered any in-game bugs...the only issues seem to be with the servers.

Either way, I highly recommend this game. My one reasonable review won't counter the hundreds of "rage 0 scores", but hopefully someone will read it and realize it isn't as big of a deal as it is made out to be. This game will be played for years and years, one bad launch day should not affect a thing.
  45. May 16, 2012
    Great Game, well done Blizzard. Blizzard did an excellent job providing a new story in the Diablo world. Tons of easter eggs, battle is challanging with much better bosses than the diablo 2 game. You dont need to have played the previous games to enjoy Diablo 3 but at the same time there are lots of easter eggs regarding the past story line. I played the Witch Doctor for about 5 hours and only put it down due to server issues which will soon be resolved. I have been waiting a long time for this game and was not disapointed. I also found that the character customization is much simpler with the option to skill your character based on the mission at hand( changeable). Not sure why so many are ragging on this game i found it to be amazing in every aspect but the server issues which are to be expected with such a large online release. I also like that the achievements are account based rather than character based. With a random map generator it makes it possible to get them all without having to play the same character over and over. Expand
  46. May 16, 2012
    So far I am not disappointed one bit by this game. They were able to keep the feeling of the original game yet improve on the mechanics that made the first two in the series so popular. While others may feel betrayed by the more streamlined character creation it opens up players to more customization in the end with the ease to test out new builds where in previous games you'd have to put 30 hours into the game just to see if a build works or not. The story (thus far) holds strong and leaves me wanting to continue. It draws the player in and creates a lust to find out what happens next with characters that are interesting and enjoyable. The game on the beginning difficulty is easy however seeing playthroughs on higher difficulties I am not deluted to think that the game will remain easy for long. All in all this is a must play for action rpg fans. Blizzard once again has created a well polished jewel. Expand
  47. May 16, 2012
    This game is wonderful. Sure there are a few launch issues but I got that good-old Diablo nostalgic hack and slash feeling that I wanted from this. Love it. I find all the "0" reviews here absolutely ridiculous. You knew what you were buying before you ever bought it. You knew you need an internet connection to play. You knew that there may be server issues (very common with new games). You knew that, and yet you STILL bought it, and played it.

Quite a few of the things being complained about can always be added later or remedied by Blizzard, because of the fact that they have set up most of the game to be server-side. They could easily add more PVP areas, new monsters & bosses, new weapons, all of that. You don't need to pay monthly to play the game at all, which is cool considering they could have very well decided to charge for it. If you don't like the game, or God forbid, if you could program something BETTER, by all means please do so. Until such time, shut up and GTFO.
  48. May 16, 2012
    Great game. There were a few server errors on opening day, but those seem to be worked out now. Will definitely be playing this game for a while. Love the new classes and dungeons that change each time.
  49. May 16, 2012
    My life needs the option of off world play. (1) - Difficulty - Beat Nightmare at least, then you may comment on the games difficulty. (2 ) - Graphics - Lower requirements equal more sales. Welcome to grown up world. When the light bulb goes on and you say you want the option of better graphics, study graphics programming. (3) - Attribute point removal - You still have the option to be completely worthless in co-op play by putting that crossbow on your Barbarian.

(4) - No offline mode - The addition of the auction house, figure that one out.

(5) - World PVP taken out - Yes it was so fun PVPing in D2 with new hacks coming out almost every week ( hint for no offline mode )

(6) - Repetitive - Because hack and slash has come so far over the years...

(7) - Blizzard connection issues - Your first game by them in a very long time I see.

(8) - Skills - The difference between putting 11 points in skill or using a rune to improve it is... wait there really isn't one.

(9) - Customization - Maybe there will be a patch including an item you can buy to color your armor.
  50. May 16, 2012
    Epic Game. Newbie people doing wrong review because couldnt play at 1st minute.
    I know i had some isses to play at launch game but we all knew in adv that.
    I have to congratulate Blizz Staff to dev this amazing game.
    Only negative point, why dont launch at weekend instead tuesday ?
  51. May 16, 2012
    This game spooked me like no game since the first Diablo has. The story is epic, the narrative well-integrated with gameplay, which is cutting edge for the genre. I know I'll be playing it for months to come.
  52. May 16, 2012
    Played the game yesterday with 3 friends and it's exactly what I expected from it, pure hack and slash with a straight forward story, solid mechanics and no fuss.

Graphics: The graphics are perfect given the game's settings, number of concurrent mobs that sometimes show up on your screen (your screen might get FILLED with mobs at some given events and I didn't lag with your average spec
    PC what so ever), the quality of all the animations is flawless for a top-down isometric view, you can tell attention to detail was given to the animation portion. My only complain could be on the character creation portion, they are indeed fugly on that screen.

Gameplay : I'm loving the new changes they brought forward, customization while not as present as in the previous one, I feel that they've put just enough to bring a certain complexity towards the various challenges the game offers. I don't feel like "unicity" is something they cared about when it came to customization and I'm fine with that, it's not a MMO and there's no need to add complexity for no reasons. Multiplayer: CO-OP. IS. A. MUST. I wouldn't even play it single player. Co-op is what makes this game fun.

Sound : No sound expert here but I think the voices match the character's style and "personality" and the music is fitting to the setting.
  53. May 16, 2012
    This game has surpassed my expectations. It is gorgeous, sounds great, is ridiculously fun, and infinitely replayable. It is a much better multiplayer experience than D2. I don't know have anything to complain about except how it's going to monopolize all of my limited free time. Server overloads aside, it's been a flawless experience.
  54. May 16, 2012
    ...love it, better than D2 or D1 so far...love the graphics, just wish the servers would smooth out a little...I always hated the skill tree system due to the constraint of 1-2 real skills endgame...with this there are just so many ways to attack and combo...i am still in act 1 but the combination of rayoffrost/explosive bolts/wave of force is devastating...can't wait to see the later skills/runes... Expand
  55. May 16, 2012
    While I won't say this game is a 10/10 I'll give it that anyway to combat the 0/0 scores that are solely based on day one server issues. I have gotten to act 3 and have reached level 26 at the time of this review. The game has a great deal of customization, albeit in a different way from Diablo 2.

If you enjoy the Diablo series this game is worth picking up. If you hated it, it is worth
    trying out if you are able to because it has changed quite a bit from the first two games. Expand
  56. May 16, 2012
    As everybody i got connection problem! but, the game is perfect =), i finished the normal mode, and for me it's very ok! history, skills, everything! is very addictive game! i'm looking forward to play the PVP mode as well
  57. May 16, 2012
    RoboPope
    May 16, 2012
    If you were looking for Diablo 2.5 you're not going to get it. Games have come along way in 10 years and D3 shows that. It's a shame because the same people raging are the people who said "Call of Duty 3 sucks it's the same game the push out every year". Blizzard try's to push the genre and people get pissed because it's not a polished Diablo 2. Great game to play
    alone or with friends. Superb graphics and sound. The story's no worse than most RPG's I've played. I'd say it's much better than Kindom's of Amular that was written by a world renowned Fantasy writer. Expand
  58. May 16, 2012
    The game is awesome. I feel enchanted, addicted and not going to have enough of it for a looong time.
    A lot of 0's for 1st day's high server traffic. Today - second day - no problems connecting at all.
    Haters gonna hate..
  59. May 16, 2012
    I have never played previous Diablo games in the series, so I am pretty unbiased when I say this, Diablo 3 is an amazing game. I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game is a shining example of what I like about the genre; it's fast paced, frantic and filled with loot. It's so much fun both alone and playing co-op with friends, but it doesn't feel unbalanced choosing one over the other. Unlike most ARPG's the story really interests me and the world has a host of back story that's a joy to discover, the lore is very well crafted. I'd be tempted to give the game a 10, however the always-online aspect slightly tarnishes its otherwise flawless image for me, but this is only a minor issue and I'd recommend the game to anyone. All these negative reviews are beyond me, I've not had a single issue since buying the game, it's so unjustified giving a game 0 because you got an error message, these reviews are meant to be about the game itself surely? Expand
  60. May 20, 2012
    It was fun until all my characters were deleted because blizzard can't manage this game. Only get this game if you like having fun for a couple hours and then raging because the data bases are gay.
  61. May 16, 2012
    Fantastic game.
    I don't normally post on any site but someone needs to balance the scores from the idiots giving 0. I have played Diablo 1/2, and I can say this game has the same addictive qualities.... Just five more minutes and before you know it hours have disappeared.
    I played the beta open weekend and found all the classes fun to play and each played differently. I am enjoying the
    story. I can see why people might knock the graphics but they are still good.
    Logging on - I missed the first 24 hours because I had to work but played 6 hours today with not a single issue.
    DRM - really what is the issue here. In my books Blizzard is one of the few companies that support the PC so if they want to add DRM to protect their millions of dollars of investment so they can keep making PC games then it is okay by me. If you can't get an Internet connection where you live then get a pirate version because then in blizzards eyes you are not a potential customer, as you have no Internet they haven't lost any revenue from you by you getting a pirate version.
    For those of you giving scores of 0 the game hasn't met your expectation, move on and make way for the millions of people that will love this game.
  62. May 16, 2012
    Its over, i have to say, this is a very good game and I cant wait to get to level 60.

Ive been waiting for this game for so much time, back when I was 8 or 9 me and a friend were playing D2 and we wanted to know the rest of the story, and I think the plot of this title was fairly descent, except of the linear story.

The gameplay was great, typical hack and slash at the diablo taste. The
    new "Spell System" with the runes and everything is working quite good imo, so in PvP you wont see players with the same build as you and you have a lot of versatility in what you wanna go. Yes, the character creation screen sucked but you could at least change your gender.

Graphics, kinda a bit old graphics but hey, if you compare this to D2 you're supposed to be really happy lol.

Sound, nothing to say on this, zombie screams, epic classical music, everything was perfect on this side.

Overall everything was amazing except the launch day with all the lag and disconnects. I think most people are hating this game cause they wanted a 100% ripoff from D2 with all the same classes and all the same system, but I still preffer the new system, enjoy and stop ragin' butthurt kidz.
  63. May 16, 2012
    It is a action RPG so pls dont cry that it lacks strategy. Go play Dota or WoW. Don't hare the skill system, after a while you will know how cool it is to play with all the opportunities. You can match your skilltree for every level or even weapon. I love the artwork. I think its a masterpiece. The only bad thing is that you have 2 be online even for singleplayer. But it does not ruin the game and the servers are fine. So haters will hate and a lot of them complain that there are no card in a soccer game. Just ignore the and enjoy the awesome game. Expand
  64. May 16, 2012
    This game is wonderfully rendered and creates a real atmosphere of peril and impending need. The graphics are appropriate for the theme which is a dark dungeon crawl, the voice acting is stellar and the gameplay is exactly what I expected from the Diablo franchise. I find this game immensely satisfying and moreover I'm confident that with the already announced updates of PVP and content this game will not only continue to be my favorite but will grow to be one of the best games in its genre. For all the online-only play haters out there, I agree it isn't optimal, but I believe the added bonus of the Auction house and deterence of cheaters which have run rampant in online games in the past, will be well worth the occassional first day glitches that are bound to be there. Expand
  65. May 16, 2012
    Esses que estão falando mal do jogo, estão avaliando os momentos iniciais do jogo. Não sabem que todos esses bugs poderão ser corrigidos no final. Deveriam avaliar o jogo pelo que realmente poderá se tornar com o fim dos bugs.
  66. May 16, 2012
    I like the story and the gameplay. People who gives it a 0/10 are whiners. Here are some news for you: 1.Yes, you need an internet connection to play, but it's year 2012. It's not that hard or expensive to have one.
    2. The real money auction house? YOU DON*T HAVE TO USE IT, I'm sure most people won't. They are not forcing you to use it.
    3. About the error codes, I got them aswell. But
    the servers are overloaded, it will be better. And if you give the game a 0 because of this you're pathetic.
    4. The graphics are bad? No, Diablo is supposed to have an artstyle like this. What do you want? FPS style with the flashiest game engine?
    5. The story and the gameplay is not bad. But I understand why 99% of you don't get the story when you rush through the game. Maybe you should play at a slower pace and pay more attention on detalis and lore? And the voiceacting is not bad.

Is nothing good enough for you spoiled brats? First Mass Effect 3 and now this. Get a life whiners. For me it's not a 10/10, but since the whinepatrol gives it 0/10, I will give it 10/10.
  67. May 16, 2012
    If you're an ACTUAL gamer that plays games for GAMEplay, then please read.
    It's sad to see how many people give this game a 0 for really stupid reasons... The connection problems are not the game, that's the server, you try designing a server that can handle THAT much traffic on release day, it's impossible. Give it a week TOPS and things will be running smoothly. Complaining about DRM is
    just stupid, you bought the game, you paid your service, enjoy it and shut up. Now with all this BS aside, let's get to the actual game.
    So far from what I've seen this game is pretty damn good, not perfect, no diablo 2, put damn near perfect:
    1) Graphics, I honestly don't give a damn about graphics... people seemed to have forgotten that games are about GAMEplay remember that part in a game? The GAME? Oh yeah, that. You want to see good graphics? Watch a movie. Besides that, the graphics were fine, pretty, cool art style, clean UI, everything looks nice.
    2) Gameplay - oh yeah! That important thing. So far, it's great, the only flaws I can see with it, is the fact that new characters are always going to be the same, you unlock skills in a very linear pattern allowing for no creativity early on, until about lvl 7-10 when you start making choices. Also the lack of attributes kinda made me frown :( Other than that, the gameplay and loot system is the same of what we know and love from D2.
    3) Other nonsense - Online play is kinda weird. I don't like that you can't play offline single player, a bit of a letdown if I do say. The Auction House thing seems cool - it's not for everyone, but I don't think people should rate it down for that. It's like if someone gave you a great game and said "here, OH and there's this extra feature if you want to use it too, but you don't have to." It's not like you NEED the auction house to get gear.
    That about wraps things up. This game certainly doesn't deserve the 3.6 it has. It's not THAT bad, just people being trolls. In reality, I would give this game a 9/10 BUT because of the amount of trolls that need to be countered, I'm giving it a ten. Maybe someday the 10's will displace the 0's...
  68. May 16, 2012
    Great Game... Just close enough to D2 to spark up some older memories but still leave you make new ones. Sound/Graphics is great and play is smooth. Have not even touched multiplayer or Auction house yet as I can t get myself away from my quests to even look. Don
  69. May 16, 2012
    This game is really beautiful. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. Despite some problems connecting to the launch of a huge game that should this compacted over time.
  70. May 16, 2012
    Personally, I think all the negative reviewers are going too far. This is Diablo 3, not Diablo 2. Blizzard never promised Diablo 3 to be identical to its predecessor and they just wanted to make the game more open to players new to Diablo by simplifying the skill system. Sure, it's a downgrade but there are many casual gamers out there that aren't used to something like this. These changes were already shown in the beta and the developers talked about them already. Expand
  71. May 16, 2012
    It would take this chance to tell 70% of you to finish the game and then express what you think of it. Otherwise STFU and stop complaining. Buhu the servers are not working.. well you try to host servers in 9 locations and have 3million + trying to connect to them within 20 minutes. Blizzard got the problems fixed within 24 hours it took DICE and EA almost 2 weeks to get BF3 working so Blizzard did a great job.

Buhu there is no offline mode. No there's not an offline mode but there is a singleplayer mode that requires you to be online because of the piracy issue and stat tracking. Blizzard isn't the first to do this DICE did it with BF3 and that game is still a game that you guys gave a high score to. You rate it down because you cant steal it yet? so to summon it up.. It's a freaking fu**ing good game so stop complaining have patience and play the game.
  72. May 16, 2012
    I just can't believe what I have to read here! Half of the 0 points reviews seem to be copied off each other. And all the reasons: " I've beaten the game in 8 hours / 4 hours / 3 hours". Are you liars or high? Did you play the starter edition? Even with a twink mage, knewing exactly what to to, I "rushed" Act I in 4 hours. And after that it starts to get hard!

"Unworthy sequel", "lame
    story": Act I alone has more surprises, dialogue and background info than the hole D2! Maybe your memory is a bit blurred. And yes: I played D1 and D2 and loved both.

Technical issues: Come on, it's day one of the most-preordered game ever. Sure, they might have underestimated the mass of players, but they seem to manage now at least halfwy decent. But all the people in the forum crying about fraud, refund and class action obviously never witnessed any launch process.

Graphics: It's an artistic decision, not a technical error! And it is dark, moody and bloody gory, what more do you want? Ultra-realistic chars with bump-mapping and customizable noses and hair? What for? You want to annihilate masses of monsters, not play the Sims! And it looks worse than D2? Get glasses! Did you play it recently?

Pay-to-win: Are you serious? Every jackass in ANY game can buy his way to win. And Blizzard just wants in on the share. And they dont offer any equip on their own, the just let people sell their stuff. No added items, just what was regularly dropped. What is the problem? If uber-item A gets dropped and is sold from player X to Y - what do you care? There will be no eSport PVP. And there will be no "character-selling", so shut up you morons.

Skills, attributes: I don't cry over the old system. Forcing a player to invest another 100 hours, just because he spent some attributes wrong or chose the wrong skills is just cruel and a time sink. If you think, that it is some kind of merit, that's you're problem, but I have a real life and I don't want to waste my time on re-rolling. And D2 had only a few viable builds, which everyone copied off each other. In D3 you can at least experiment without penalty and they kept the interest in every skill alive with the different runes. So every skill has a potential to be used in the endgame, not only a few. SUre, there are no freaky extreme builds possible right now, but in D2 they weren't also until D2X und runewords. Who knows, what Blizz plans for D3X.

DRM: I'm not a fan, but this is the age we live in. Get used to it! At least, the don't mess in your system and kernel layer like EA, but just require online. And yes, it's a coop game! Always was, so grow a pair. And it will put an end to duping and PVP killbots and whatnot. So I am happy about storing my char on their servers. Who needs LAN? Do you seriously want to schlepp everybody's PC into one place like the old times?

Is it divinity in cans? Probably not. Is it a fun and addictive game? Hell yeah! As fun as D2? Equal, if not more for me.

In the end, I would have given it a 9 of 10, but since there are some many unfair 0 out there, just because people are pissed off by technical issues or disappointed by their ridiculously high expectations, a 100 of 10 seems appropriate.

Damn it, reading these reviews really got me worked up, an now it is 5am.
  73. May 16, 2012
    Wow everyone is trolling here.

I found it excellent. Easy to pick up and play. Levelling is rewarding because you get new runes all the time. Gear is GOD in this game and it feels awesome getting something with the right stats for you. You can customize or craft gear through artisans in the game... Or if you wanna spend then you can just go the auction house. Lots of good stuff there.

Story and cutscenes were top notch. Some of the voice acting could have been done better. Biggest complaint is from the online component where the servers can go down, and I get lag spikes from time to time. But it's still a great game really, and it was well worth the wait for me.
  74. May 16, 2012
    Awesome game. Engaging narrative and very high production value. While the skill system and character customization is very different from the previous games, it is a refreshing new look on the action RPG genre. The normal mode is very fun and as soon as you start doing the harder difficulties it becomes very challenging and rewards teamwork and skill.

The only issues with the game so
    far are the battle.net stability issues during launch and some minor annoyances with the skill UI. Expand
  75. May 16, 2012
    everyone here who is saying that this game is bad is just in a bad mood because he is addicted to the computer and couldnt play diablo 3 so he needs to flame. shut up scrubs you got no idea about this game you are just bad players nothing else play wow or whatever u think is worth to play and dont noob around on our awesome diablo 3 servers kiddies
  76. May 16, 2012
    Who cares if you need to be online to play this game... it's 2012, if you don't have a decent enough internet connection to be connected (or tether) then you should spend money on your net connection before games. That said, the game is decent, it's a fun little hack and slash game. Giving a 10 because of all the 0's from people complaining about the online requirement and day one issues.
  77. May 16, 2012
    Bunch of whiners. Oh no! The servers are down!!! Why can't I play a game I bought, its my money GARBLEGARGBLEGARBLE. Seriously, 99% of you are retarded. The gaming market has been heading towards consistent on-line play for the past decade, companies like Blizzard enable on-line play mechanics to better the game. Diablo 2 was an absolute borefest in single player, the true heart and soul of D2 lied in its multiplayer, any decent d2 player would know that. All of you look in the mirror and then compare yourself to a piece of turd. Have any of you actually played an MMO on release date? Can you possibly comprehend the amount of effort required in server stability when a smackfest of millions of dip***** such as yourself log in at the same time? There is no true preparation for anything of the sorts unless the actually test it first hand. "But that's what the Beta is for!!!" No you moronic imp, the beta cannot possibly test how millions of players around the world would affect the servers. Do you know how much money blizzard pours into its server architecture? Go look at world of warcraft server farms, then repeatedly smash your head against the wall. Grow up you rats, go off to call of duty or your torchlight. I played torchlight 1 and that game bored me to tears. To those out there unsure about this game, then piss off, leave this game to the true diablo community who have any sense of what a game ''launch'' involves. Name one other company as dedicated as Blizzard in resolving all issues as soon as possible. Name one. Bethesda? Ha, funny. Morons.
    By the way, to the turds saying OMFG D2 was way more L337, no stats OMFGGBWIFE. Shut up, everyone in d2 had the exact same builds over and over again. Its stupid, a waste of time and required no true ''skill'' mechanics. Now you actually need to do **** to survive, crowd control, dps output, tanking, healing, the holy trinity of multiplayer RPG's, finally some tactics involved rather than rolling my head across the keyboard and seemingly ''pwning''.
  78. May 16, 2012
    I don't know why people review the server., I just want to point out that the SERVERS are just part of the INFRASTRUCTURE!. It's not the game!.. anyways, The first time I logged in to play, I DID GET ERRORS BUT FOR PATIENCE OF WAITING i got in. I mean come on guys!, you need to expect that launch day means that A LOT of people WILL log in to the servers. Aren't you guys happy that it's out?. It's a good RPG game. I like the graphics but if you compare it to such games like Battlefield 3, it's a whole different story because RPG is different from FPS. Expand
  79. May 16, 2012
    Though the servers have been down for a few hours a day, I've had an immense amount of fun. I am thoroughly impressed by Diablo 3. People who give this a 0 because surprise, surprise, millions of people trying to play one game at one time will not always work. It's really a shame people aren't critiquing the game. Will continue to play for a very long time.
  80. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better. Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  81. May 17, 2012
    Diablo as I always wanted it. Action action action... and again action! If I wanted so hard customization I'd have played Fallout instead. I was really frustrated when in D2 I had to stay hours not playing in order to be efficient and keep on the edge with my friends... When my friend (Digital delivery) told me "Crap! It's the same feeling of D2" I drooled. It's different for many crucial points but I find it's quite enjoyable still deep for a Hack&slash (no RPG) game as it is. Surprisingly it has also a great story! Expand
  82. May 17, 2012
    People rating the game bad just because of server issues are mindless. The gameplay is great, fun, and addicting. Despite the launch issues, which have been fixed, the game it's self is a worthy sequel.
  83. May 17, 2012
    O jogo pode não ser perfeito, mas esta longe de ser ruim. Ã
  84. May 17, 2012
    This game is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. It doesn't even compare to D2. I'd write more but I have to go puke after spending $60 and waiting how many years for this piece of crap....seriously. Not worth the $10 I originally spent on the first Diablo 12-14 years ago. Eight hours was more than enough. Sorry, I hate to write bad reviews. Can I get a refund?
  85. May 17, 2012
    That's a great game, and all you haters aren't gonna change it. Flaws with connection to servers at start are fact, but now they are gone, and all it's left is old, good Diablo.
  86. May 17, 2012
    This is just sad; not the game. But these Laymen critics giving D3 0,1,2,3 scores. But you read through them, and i have, not one of them actually rate the game, but rating Blizzard as a company and their shortcomings on the releasedate. "i can't play my game on the releasedate as promised by Blizzard...boohoo..."
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"

With that being said; i really like
    this game (THE GAME! Not Blizzard). Ok, the story may lack a little something, but that i can look passed! I like the fact, that i don't need to make more than one character of the same class to try out all the skills. I like the newest feature, the auction house, which is playerbased and not a third party based. And the fact that each class has both a male and female hero/heroine.
    The skilltree is gone - lovely! No more restrictions on that part.
    The sound and graphics are beautiful!
  87. May 17, 2012
    Ok, this is another game downrated by 0/10 f*ggots. I'll tell you what. There's maybe 5-10% games in the world that deserve 0/10 at all and you can see them in action watchin AVGN and other stuff like that. I'm not a casual player, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing previous Diablos. And guess what? I like the new one. To all you haters, hear me now. You cry because there are no town portal scrolls and identification scrolls. Well, now you just don't have to buy them every now and again, what you were doing in the previous installments. Cash didn't matter in D2, so you had unlimited scrolls nonetheless. **** graphics? Damn guys, Blizz has never been doing good graphics and those from D2 sucked as well, didn't care. **** artisans? Lol, you really wanna go mining and picking up flowers in Diablo or what? I don't understand all you whiners, it's simple enough for a hack'n'slash to have a system like that. All you gotta do in D3 is clicking from the beginning to the end? Well, I suppose this series was all about that. Auction house is a bad idea? Well, no more O xxx N xxx on the chat, you can buy and sell items instantly. I just don't know if the idea of 15% payment for every transaction is good. If I think that my item is worth 2000, and the guy buys it for 2000, because he thinks as well, why would the system steal my 15% from that? RMAH is the same thing. It's good, mainly because there will be less and less website sellers and those on auction sites. I just don't like the idea that Blizzard is taking 1 euro for every transaction + 15% cut when paying with PayPal. The only drawback that I agree with you is the lack of skill trees and attribute points, but on the other hand... Well, I was playing Bone Necro and I loaded most of the points in energy, so now the game loads them in intelligence when I'm playing my wizard. With necro I was loading points and using only 3 skills. Now there's no points and I'm using more skills. Well, I'll get used to it. Anyways, I really enjoy the game - it's a real hack'n'slash and it lives up to my expectations. Expand
  88. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 was made for Pottermore fans. (Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up)
  89. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  90. May 17, 2012
    diablo 3 is a very intersting game , the gameplay is just amazing and i enjoyed play it a lot . I think it is one of my favourite game so far .
  91. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game indeed. Don't listen to any, so-called, critics, they are frustrated because of connection is needed and other not important things. The playability is excellent, as well as atmosphere and graphics. Blizzard can't make a bad game and Diablo 3 is a proof of this - Diablo 3 is the perfection itself. See you in Hell!
  92. May 17, 2012
    Honestly this game is really good i don't get people who say they don't like it if they don't like Hack n Slash then don't buy the game seriously people should have at least tried the beta before buying the game if they didn't know what was a hack n slash... I do really enjoy the game the fact that you can easily change items and powers without stopping playing is really nice, i do agree that it's sad not to have maximum customization on your character but its just a tinny fact the game stays really good... I haven't had the problem of Error 37 so for my part i would put 9 out of 10 because of the fact that you can't launch the game even the solo mode if you're not connected to the Internet is totally stupid...
    Im going to put 10 because a lot of people are putting very low grades for absolutely no reason and are frustrated of having being touched by the error 37 or not liking hack n slash...
  93. May 17, 2012
    I really enjoy playing Diablo 3 and i am rather casual player. I already played around 7 hours with my friends and it was a lot of fun. I was heaving doubts about skill system but it prove to work really good - its fun to change skills and tries diffrent approach to kill mobs / bosses. Graphics is music are OK. Story is simple but i didn't expected anything more than that - it's hack'n'slash game type. Summary: game is fun, and have a good diablo-climate. Now, i dont understood all that negative reviews. D2 didn't have any big story, D1 also so why you expect that from part 3? Its hack'n'slash game where you are focusing on killing monsters. DRM - well get used to it, buy games don't pirate - you are responsible for that situation. Also, servers are now stable and DRM dosen't have anything common with the content of the game itself. Real money auction house - all you are so negative about that even that service didn't started, and there is no way to say anything more. Without that people how have to much money to spend would be buying items on ebay or other so what the diffrence?
    So all hateres, just shut up and play because it's worthy.
  94. May 17, 2012
    Most of these people giving bad reviews do not know how to read a box or website. If you are saying you wasted your money because you need to be constantly connected to the internet, well that is your loss for not reading/researching. Not only does it mention this on the outside of the box/on the website, do you know those 3 boxes you scrolled through as fast as possible when you started up the game? Maybe you should actually READ them. Anyways...This game is so much fun! It seems very well made/polished and the graphics are just fine. I have finished it on normal as a demon hunter and am now doing normal over again as a monk. I enjoy the chat room option while I am playing. Makes it less lonely when my friends are not online. The multiplayer option is pretty fun as well. I have met some great people while partying on nightmare difficulty. I look forward to the auction house opening (May 22*). I don't expect to make hundreds of dollars but it would be kind of cool to pay for my game subscriptions through it. Expand
  95. May 17, 2012
    fter giving the game some time and ignoring the problems with the servers on launch day i got to say that this game is amazing.People are giving this game a 0/10 here because they couldnt connect on launch days...they give it a bad rating because it uses a different stats/skillsystem then diablo 2 but havent yet seen how much more options this system gives later on.In fact u are STILL managing your stat points later.You dont do it @ lvl up anymore but with GEMS and ITEMS.They are the MAIN SOURCE of stats point later in the game and you can place them as free as you want.If you want an barb full of int for some fancy fun build you can do it.The stat points given from items/gems is ALOT higher the the one from lvl ups.(iam a lvl 42 with around 700 dex.My char gains 3 dex per level.You can do the math yourself of how important the few stat points from lvling up are compared to gems and items.) And the best thing u can ADJUST them when u feel that u need to change your playstyle/build.And i dont even want to start about skills an skill runes...millions of possibilities there. After really understanding the mechanics of this game you will see that it in fact offers u ALOT more possibilities to play your char your own way then diablo 2 ever could.So before u keep judging the game you should really understand it first. Expand
  96. May 17, 2012
    Amazing game, great sequel of Diablo and Diablo 2, honor the series in so many ways, and the story is fantastic.
    For all you folks that are planning to buy, don't take serious the idiots that are voting negative only because they can't play the game or because they are just idiots, this game is really worth playing.
  97. May 17, 2012
    Personally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how its handled, and there are definitely alot of changes compared to d1 and d2 but overall this game is a solid continuation of the franchise. Expand
  98. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. The replayability for this game is astonishing, with 5 classes to play up to level 60 and 4 difficulty to unlock for each of them. And you also have the hardcore mode for even more longevity and challenges. All the maps, encounters, items, etc... are generated randomly every time you start the game no matter where you are makes this game really fun because you never know what to expect from it. I despise all the reviews in here because they are mostly form idiot who thought they were playing a new MMO and have no clue what D1 or D2 games are. Expand
  99. Nov 20, 2012
    The only and the best online-ARPG now. There is a huge amount of hate from gamers, but game is still the best hack'n'slash. Major flaw is lack of music (putting music from D2 for example give it great feeling). But aside of external music player is needed the game is great. Yes, it has high price. Yes, it requires an internet connection. Yes, it lacks storyline and music. Yes, normal mode is boring...
    But... What is the reason that almost everyone who played it on nightmare mode continues to play it more and more (like hundred of hours or more)??? The answer is: D3 is still great game. simple.
  100. May 17, 2012
    This game is tons of straight-forward fun - it's actually difficult to pull myself away from it to write this comment. Countless monsters, unfathomable amounts of loot, and a fresh skill system, places Diablo III, like its predecessors, at the summit of hack&slash RPG's. The only reason to be sour about it is if your not part of the action - and believe me, I can imagine how frustrating it must be to be experiencing connection problems. Hang in there though, it's well worth it :D Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012