Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 29, 2012
    I typically write very long and detailed reviews about games and what parts of them i like and don't like.
    For this game I will not do that, and instead get right to the point: This game is broken. If I had a game that crashed so often I couldnt play it, that would be this game. The gameplay is terrific, and I love everything about it, but its just broken. Server issues or not, I am INDEED ENTITLED to a functional product whenever I purchase it from the store. I will want to play with this product at whatever time I please, even if it is during the "prime time" that also has the worst server issues. What I expect from a commercial product is consistent across all things and so I choose to publicly denounce this game for its poor release but perhaps give it another chance once it is finally completed. I will do what I would do with a broken car and return it and seek my money back.
  2. May 31, 2012
    Superficially a very good game of the Hack&Slay&Loot variety. They took the old interface and made it state of the art and polished resulting in an ease of use I seldom found in a game. Though not gorgeous, the graphics are pretty. It has to be like that, because Blizzards business model seems to revolve around having masses of users, so the high end gamers are not high on their list ofSuperficially a very good game of the Hack&Slay&Loot variety. They took the old interface and made it state of the art and polished resulting in an ease of use I seldom found in a game. Though not gorgeous, the graphics are pretty. It has to be like that, because Blizzards business model seems to revolve around having masses of users, so the high end gamers are not high on their list of people to satisfy, I presume. The story is lame, but that was to be expected. Overall I would give 8 points or so, maybe 9, but there are 2 features of the game that are - in equal parts - worth a downgrade to 5:
    - The loot system seems to be the result of their business case again, trying to get people to use the auction houses: --It's a bit like WOW's: no item drop ever is appropriate to your current level, but some levels below. --Even worse: the algorithm behind the random generated magical properties of even the rarest of items is - intentionally, as far as I can glean from the answers of Blizzard's staff on the forums - not taking into account whether the combination of properties makes sense. Combined with rarity apparently mainly influencing the number of properties, a rare item is usually also crappy item. My reaction to a rare item on the floor was at first: "Yay! A rare, cool!" accompanied by a warm feeling of reward. But the cold shower of a useless combo of +10 INT, +10 STR, +1% chance for more gold or something like that followed immediately. A rare item being useful - not only to my class, but to any class - is rare indeed, and since the game is about loot, this tones the experience down a lot.. - And secondly, the online requirement. In itself worth a downgrade of 1 point for punishing legit users and preventing gaming in the most modes of travel, Blizzard is not able or willing to provide the service, and that includes single player obviously (blessed the times when this was a contradiction in itself), to all players. Whether that is due to financial considerations or technical inability I don't know, but it kills the mood.

So the 2 big downers for the game are both in the psychological department: items named rare and legendary are no reward, but usually crap, and one to often is booted from the game or not even able to get in (for me it was around 10% of the days I wanted to play ) Oh - And I got no pdf manual with my digital download. Should be a 4 really...
  3. May 31, 2012
    To be honest, I haven't play diablo 1,2, this is the first time that I've played Blizzard game and I just get into it on killing the skeleton king in the beginning of the act, the story goes very smoothly with decent of side quests which usually have a percentage of good rewards. I liked the fact that the smithing system which it will produce different effects of each piece of equipments,To be honest, I haven't play diablo 1,2, this is the first time that I've played Blizzard game and I just get into it on killing the skeleton king in the beginning of the act, the story goes very smoothly with decent of side quests which usually have a percentage of good rewards. I liked the fact that the smithing system which it will produce different effects of each piece of equipments, making me wanted to collect the materials and smith again, increase the durability of the game. HOWEVER, there are many weak points of this game which lower the score, in my opinion, I really dislike the difficulty system which restricted you to play through the whole four acts till you unlock the next difficulty, it was very boring that you already remembered all the monsters location and the mission. IF you are trying to get to inferno difficulty, imagine how many times you have to play through the complete identical four acts again and wasting your time. Another point that I hate this game was the server system, often times I was getting so piss off due to the fact that I always get kicked from the server because it was full, how ridiculous was that, and you had to wait for half an hour in order to continue the game, what was the idea behind this, kept us lock in a room and wait for the countdown to complete? You bought this game to enjoy, not to wait. Actually there also have many bad areas about this game, but these were the main once. To make an conclusion, I think that this was a so-so game wont worth freaken 69.99 USD for that. Expand
  4. Jun 1, 2012
    I preoredered the game as many others, and as many others EUR players I get continuously stuck with the log in page and something like error (insert random number).
    I played it. A lot. And the game itself contains a lot of overlookable flaws, like the graphic.
    But that's all folks: crafting is rendered useless due extreme costs and poor chancesw to get something good, random loot forces the player to trade in cash the items to get something good on the AH (which is one of the problem of the game on my advice).
    Talking about loot and gear we have the (so I think) nucleous of the game, and a rotten one: "gear is everything". Not build, not ability, no, the gear.
    Now, if we have a decent rpg we should have a good plot (which D3's isn't, flat, simple and short as it is) and a good fighting system (where good=balanced) where the most capable gamers go on and the least try to get better by trial & error.
    Here we have 3 "casual" difficulties (yes, I played the whole game three times in a row and, yeah, it is way too boring) and a hard one (plus an hardcore mode for the skilled ones, or the lucky ones rather), which it isn't really hard, it is simply masochistic.
    You get oneshotted by every damn mod if you try the 2nd act in a "rpg-like" (so skill>gear) way.
    But when you equip in a good way (which means a lot of farming, and the boring one, where you find nothing even decent and sell a whole bag of stuff to the vendors) you reap every enemy, almost without effort (still there are some random monster (yeah, random is a keyword) that you simply CANNOT defeat because of their abilities. This is not hard, this is frustrating and useless.
    In syntesis, the only way in Diablo 3 is brute strenght (customisation = 0, you can change the sex and the active skills, but every x lvl character (class of choice) i equal to every other of the same level and class. And more of it none has a background or something to define him (change of quotes in-game, but the mission-related speech is the same, just dubbed with different voices). You cannot gent "into" the character, which isn't good.
    Talking about variety we get near the core: the usual way (in abyss or inferno) are: farm farm farm farm, something good? no, sell all, auction house, can I buy anything? no, farm farm farm farm to get more gold (since hoping in a better luck isn't likely to work).
    So it will become a pay4win? I very think so!
    The normal reaction would be "but it sure has extras, right?" Wrong! No extra random dungeon (was it too hard or you just want us to pay to have 'em?), no extra mission apart from the main story, no minigames....it is "story or gtfo", end of the story.
    Topped already? Get another character and start again from scratch.
    It isn't fun? You already paid, so why should they care?
    The only things for this 5/10 score are the graphics (not that good and not that dark, but they get the job done) and the community (chat and laugh between a slaughter and the other is almost more fun than the game itself).
    I have also played D2:lod and the only good changes are the shared trunk and (to me) the 6 slots of skills (I always forgot which F had the ability I wanted), the worst things are the shrunken locations and the absence of customisation in skills (ok, you can change the build, but it almost counts nothing, compared to the importance of the gear).
    Will I continue playing? Yeah, If I pay for something I will play it totally, even if I don't like it that much (think about FFX-2...).
    Of course if they're not mantaining a full server.
  5. Jun 1, 2012
    The game itself is really very good, but you'd expect after so many years of developing it, on top of years of experience with World of Warcraft, they'd get some basics right. The server stability is abominable, performance of the game on high-end systems is unpredictable and the auction house, which could have been just about copied straight out of World of Warcraft, is really limited. IThe game itself is really very good, but you'd expect after so many years of developing it, on top of years of experience with World of Warcraft, they'd get some basics right. The server stability is abominable, performance of the game on high-end systems is unpredictable and the auction house, which could have been just about copied straight out of World of Warcraft, is really limited. I can only hope patches make all this better in the near future. Expand
  6. Jun 2, 2012
    The Bad: The game was not nearly close enough to completed to be released. There was not nearly enough testing. Class balance is an issue that immediately needs to be fixed. The storyline was painfully predictable for a game that was highly secretive of the story. There is not going to be the ten year replay value that its predecessor had, but it's not a bad continuation of theThe Bad: The game was not nearly close enough to completed to be released. There was not nearly enough testing. Class balance is an issue that immediately needs to be fixed. The storyline was painfully predictable for a game that was highly secretive of the story. There is not going to be the ten year replay value that its predecessor had, but it's not a bad continuation of the franchise.

The Good: The environments are extremely interesting, with plenty of areas to explore. Some of the fights have interesting mechanics, particularly the Diablo and Belial fights.

All in all, it's not a terrible game, but much, much more work needs to be done before it's at the level at which Blizzard is held to.
  7. Jun 2, 2012
    Ruined by greediness. Only fun for first time clear.

So first i want to say that diablo 3 could have been epicly amazing, if activision wasnt so greedy. The whole game is designed to force the majority of players to use real money auction house. Loot system is very terrible and random and items have ridiculously random stats, the item system is just stupid copy from world of warcraft, not
    Ruined by greediness. Only fun for first time clear.

Loot system is very terrible and random and items have ridiculously random stats, the item system is just stupid copy from world of warcraft, not creative at all.

Diablo 3 DRM just ruins the game, an internet reguirement will not stop the game from being pirated, internet reguirement will not stop the game from being hacked, the only reason why internet is reguired is the real money auction house.

Hardcore mode for example is just ruined because of internet, one disconnect and you might die, or server crash and you lose it all, hacked and lose it all.

Diablo 3 is just kite, click, kite, click kite, click kite. The game story is terrible and it doesnt make you want to say " wow " and playing it again on harder difficulties is just an agony after doing it on normal, not because of harder difficulty, its because the replay value is terrible and new modes dont bring anything new except loot thats sickly random.

Diablo 3 class balance is also terrible, casters have so much easier time and can do with much less gear.

Diablo 3 is catered for casual gamers, the only difficulty in inferno is kite spamming and spam ressing after you die, there is no real penalty for death on normal mode so spam ress away.

The biggest flaw in diablo 3 is the real money auction house, and i wanted to say more about it and why it will ruin the game.

Discussion about the value of diablo 3 gold in the real money auction house.

So a lot of people seem to think that the value will be 20 euros for every 1 million diablo 3 gold.
    Now lets say some facts, diablo 3 has 6 million players or more. In most countries the minium wage is 5-10 euros a hour, and thats minium, and most people in world get minium wage as a payment.
    Now if diablo 3 had the gold value of 20 euros for every 1 million gold. An average farmer in diablo 3 at max level can farm anywhere between 300k - 500k gold a hour that means in 20 hours ( if person did this as a job ) you would make 10 million diablo 3 gold, and now if the value was the assumed 20 euros for every 1 million diablo gold, thats 200 euros a day, and in a month thats 6000 euros. A serious gold farmer can make 1m+ a hour with farming or auction house item flipping. Also understand that there is more poor then rich people in world.
    So 6000 euros a month playing a game?
    ... Think again!!
    If the text above was reality, everyone would be doing diablo 3 as a job. And most people in games do not buy stuff to become better. They play for it instead. And if the chances of making 200 euros a day was reality everyone would be doing that.
    Pretty much all online games are spammed with gold farmers, these guys will play 24 hours a day in hope making even little money. They will undercut you, spam the rmah with thousands of items. After playing mmorpgs for years i can say that the ratio to gold seller and buyer is pretty much 100 sellers for every 10 buyers. This means prices will inflate crazy hard. In pretty much every mmorpg i know the black market value for gold is 0.70 euros for 3-5 hours of gameplay work ( gold farming ). Do notice i used word black market this means there is less sellers as legal gold selling doesnt exist, diablo 3 does not have black market, its open and safe market so there will be much much much more sellers. So more logical value, i can safely say in that in my opinion, 2 weeks after RMAH is live the gold will be anywhere between 15 - 20 million diablo gold for 1 euro. Everyone will be thinking " i will make hundreds of dollars, but when theres millions of players thinking the same and only 10 buyers for every 100 sellers, think again. Also diablo 3 has i think it was 10 free auctions after that deposit to rmah costs 1 euros for every item.
    This means 10 free deposits a week, and after that it costs money, this means the undercutting competition will be insane, as people do not want to lose their free deposits for nothing. Now this is why the game will be ruined, people will want to make money, the normal gold auction house will be so inflated that if you want to buy any good item for max level you will never find it from the gold auction house as gold will be worthless.

Its sad that this game, that looks beautiful and has good gameplay is ruined by greediness. Without the real money auction house, this game would have been perfect, as that would also have ment that internet would not have been a reguirement.

Gameplay: 6
    Graphics: 8
    Music: 7
    Replay value: 2
    Story: 2
    Multiplayer aspect: 4

Overall score 5

This game is just overpriced for the content it offers. Extremely overhyped game.
  8. Jun 3, 2012
    Oh man, where to start. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that most of the people that are rating positive for this game have never played D1 and D2. I remember the olden days of Deamons Trainer, PKing people in town for the lulz in D1, as well as the grip of mods available for D2. This series defined my childhood, so when we get to D3... well maybe my judgement is harsh, butOh man, where to start. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that most of the people that are rating positive for this game have never played D1 and D2. I remember the olden days of Deamons Trainer, PKing people in town for the lulz in D1, as well as the grip of mods available for D2. This series defined my childhood, so when we get to D3... well maybe my judgement is harsh, but its only from the eyes of someone who has loved this game. The new skill and leveling systems feel like they took control right out of my hands. Sure I can change my skill settings to play different, but what happened to specialization? What happened to getting those item drops that you had to think "hmm, more DPS, or that +4 to the skill that Im using?" Hell, what about STR requirements on armor, making you forgo those points in INT or VIT so that you could get that new armor on? The game feels like a dumbed down version of D3. Graphics look great... if this was a 2005-ish release. Seriously, go look at Tyrael's 1 pixel wing depth He turns the wrong way, they disappear. I just feel that this was a major disappointment. I'm currently letting my friend use my account, I have other things to play. Expand
  9. Jun 4, 2012
    i dont like it at all but i have to play it cause i bought it... i dont wanna refund already waste hours on it i so, but still sad, about the gameplay its fine but at the endgame it becomes pretty rigid forcing you to play one way
  10. Jun 5, 2012
    Unfortunately for a single player game with co-op play the story is far too short and repeatability verges on frustrating rather than fun, as the more difficult mode, just means the more times you get killed in 1 hit.

Co-op seems to be only for lower difficulty as the game seems to greatly punish playing with player rather than mercenaries and class balance doesn't seem to be a consideration when releasing the game, but rather as an after thought.

Pros:
    - Side conversations are entertaining
    - Still great to pick up mass loot and finding a gem of an item
    - I like the graphic style.
    - Auction house
    - 18 hours of fun game play

Cons
    - Unbalanced classes
    - Short and predictable main story line
    - additional difficulties seem more like a chore and can be really frustrating gameplay.

Note: This is from level 52 perspective, I will reach max level but that is mostly because I'm bored and not because the game gives incentive to get there.
  11. Jun 5, 2012
    100% not worth the money. If you think you are getting a great addition to epic Diablo 1 and 2 you are wrong. Class progression system is gone - no more points that can be assigned. Very linear development with all emphasis on your armor/weapons. Special abilities are 80% crap. Game feels like slash and hack type of game with Starcraft 2 type of cut scenes that look horrible (even voices100% not worth the money. If you think you are getting a great addition to epic Diablo 1 and 2 you are wrong. Class progression system is gone - no more points that can be assigned. Very linear development with all emphasis on your armor/weapons. Special abilities are 80% crap. Game feels like slash and hack type of game with Starcraft 2 type of cut scenes that look horrible (even voices are the same - Kerrigan anyone?). Graphics is sad, atmosphere nowhere to be found. Item system is crap I can't see any reason behind it but to make more $$ on weapons. Whats up with stash being so small? Music and sound is pretty bad as well. I feel that D2 and D1 had people working on them that really cared about the final product and were interested in making something long lasting that people would call EPIC, this game was not made by the same people. Overall if i have had a second chance i would not purchase this game that I waited for for so long. Blizzard, give me my money back. Expand
  12. Jun 5, 2012
    Despite the slick visuals and tight responsive gameplay controls, after 50 hours this game has become a frustrating chore and makes a cardinal sin of gaming: its boring. Even ignoring the stability issues, its been a massive disappointment. Where to begin? The storyline is intrusive, repetitive, and cliched; it was passable the first playthrough but every subsequent game consists of 'whoDespite the slick visuals and tight responsive gameplay controls, after 50 hours this game has become a frustrating chore and makes a cardinal sin of gaming: its boring. Even ignoring the stability issues, its been a massive disappointment. Where to begin? The storyline is intrusive, repetitive, and cliched; it was passable the first playthrough but every subsequent game consists of 'who can cancel the dialgoue/cutscene' the fastest. Not only is the story painfully executed, but the checkpoint system is inconsistent -- completed 3/4ths of a questline in public group, restart solo and you have to start over entirely. Classes are fundamentally broken. 10 years later, and the melee penalty for barbarians and monks still exist...but you won't really suffer from them, until late hell and inferno levels where instant-death is commonplace. Witchdoctors are the pet class, but their pets don't scale and become useless after 30 hours of play. The inferno difficulty is being cleared, but primarily through overgearing and players with hundreds of hours of play (or guilds/friends/sponsors farming items for them). The difficulty curve becomes so steep, that its no longer fun to play. Molten Illusionist Jailer champions will kill 4 players, and continually kill them after dozens of respawns. The game is being solved primarily through overgearing classes and ignoring core mechanics.

The multiplayer functionality is horrible. You cannot browse open games. Chat menus are buried deep within the game. General chat is now enabled by default, to solve a problem where some players were being dropped from the game because tehy weren't part of chat. This allows us to see all the gold selling spam, that was supposedly to be elimianted through the glorious Real Money Auction House (still not working) and battle.net authentication. This will be the last Blizzard product I buy based on their reputation. Save yourself $40, and buy Torchlight 2 -- less intrusive DRM, same or better gameplay, more players (6 vs 4), mod support, and a better soundtrack.
  13. Jun 5, 2012
    Not worth $60. Serious latency issues almost a month after release, disconnects, hacks, etc. The game has no real customization besides gear, so it gets boring after one completion. I don't know how some people can still be playing - I'd rather be at work than sit down to play this game again. Blizzard dropped the ball on this one. It's truly a shame. I can't believe people waited 12Not worth $60. Serious latency issues almost a month after release, disconnects, hacks, etc. The game has no real customization besides gear, so it gets boring after one completion. I don't know how some people can still be playing - I'd rather be at work than sit down to play this game again. Blizzard dropped the ball on this one. It's truly a shame. I can't believe people waited 12 years for this.......no wonder there is so much angst over this game. Expand
  14. Jun 6, 2012
    This is not a "0" game, though it only deserves about a 6 for the "no single player without internet" and the micro-transaction AH, and a horrible story that destroys its own franchise (Cain dies, the girl dies, Tyrel is castrated...who is left to care about?). Why did I mention AH? Because you can't get drops your own level that enable you to complete the game without buying somethingThis is not a "0" game, though it only deserves about a 6 for the "no single player without internet" and the micro-transaction AH, and a horrible story that destroys its own franchise (Cain dies, the girl dies, Tyrel is castrated...who is left to care about?). Why did I mention AH? Because you can't get drops your own level that enable you to complete the game without buying something there, or leveling up to 60 (why is it capped?) and grinding forever to equip other lower end chars. Expand
  15. Jun 6, 2012
    After years of waiting for this game with great anticipation... Blizzard has released an RPG nothing more it doesn't feel like Diablo. Its lacking the darkness and morbid feel to it. The story is dull but the videos are amazing. I've put about 120 hours of game play so far and every hour I add on to that further confirms that I don't like it. Inferno is very challenging next to impossibleAfter years of waiting for this game with great anticipation... Blizzard has released an RPG nothing more it doesn't feel like Diablo. Its lacking the darkness and morbid feel to it. The story is dull but the videos are amazing. I've put about 120 hours of game play so far and every hour I add on to that further confirms that I don't like it. Inferno is very challenging next to impossible if you haven't farmed/purchased(gold) the gear. And the real money auction house is coming soon so if you want to beat the game pay ... Blizzard will pocket a percentage of the trades and bots will farm day in and day out. I'm done with this game onto something else thank you for nothing Blizzard. 5/10 The rest of my disappointments are listed by other users so no need to repeat. Expand
  16. Jun 6, 2012
    I think Blizzard was confused when they developed this game, because of the online requirement just for the single player side of things is down right silly. I shouldn't have to log into a server to play a single player game. Mediocre story, dumb down character development, the only thing worthwhile is the animation and updated graphics. other than that it's overall not what I wouldI think Blizzard was confused when they developed this game, because of the online requirement just for the single player side of things is down right silly. I shouldn't have to log into a server to play a single player game. Mediocre story, dumb down character development, the only thing worthwhile is the animation and updated graphics. other than that it's overall not what I would have expected. Torchlight 2 must carry the proverbial torch I guess... haha at least they have a much better character system. Expand
  17. Xzi
    Jun 7, 2012
    Attempting to review this game without bringing emotion into it has no doubt been a challenge for a lot of people here, myself included. I've been a big fan of Blizzard since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, and some of their SNES games. All the way up to World of Warcraft, and, to a lesser extent, Starcraft II.

I'm not a fan of Diablo 3. And I'm not a fan of the direction that Activision

I'm not a fan of Diablo 3. And I'm not a fan of the direction that Activision has taken Blizzard in.

Diablo 3 is a game that favors quantity over quality. It provides just enough (repeating) content to keep you going, but below the surface, none of that content is particularly interesting or enjoyable. In that sense, Diablo 3 truly shares more in common with the later years of WoW than it does with previous Diablo games.

Some insight as to why I say this: the item system has been completely revamped. Rather than interesting on-hit spell effects like you might see in the previous Diablo games, Diablo 3 focuses on watching numbers grow larger. Items that add two stats (+DEX + VIT) are supposed to impress you more than items that add one stat (+DEX). And, of course, three-stat items you're supposed to believe are the holy grail. Legendary items, which are some of the hardest to find, are most times inferior to magical items, which are found every thirty seconds or so.

Most of the game's social features have been removed. Searching for a multiplayer game is completely random, so you have no idea what your co-op buddies have in mind for their goals in playing. Whether they're going on boss runs or clearing whole areas, or what.

And Diablo 3 includes the worst possible type of DRM. Always-online. Meaning that your play is entirely determinate on whether or not Blizzard can manage to keep their servers up. Spoiler alert: most of the time they can't.

The bottom line is that Blizzard no longer knows how to make a proper Diablo game without the assistance of the former Blizzard North staff. They've paved the way for other aRPGs from other developers to take the throne. My new personal favorite, and shining example of aRPG done right, is the game Krater. I suggest you check it out on Steam. Other good upcoming games in the same genre are Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile.
  18. gas
    Jun 9, 2012
    Reading other reviews here i see that 90% of the haters here didnt play the game and/or moan about issues that arent in the game so be warned about that, the game is not that bad.
    Told that, after 3 weeks i am progressing in inferno act 3 and there are 3 basic issues.
    1) The game is not balanced at all, it goes from way too easy to so hard to get me nervous without offering any challenging and rewarding part.

2) its actually impossible to progress in group, cause again game balance issues, so its possible to co op faceroll content but you are forced to progress alone (patches will come but hey, its late sorry).

3) The hit detection is sever side and it counts from the start of the animation, so if a mob moves the sword to hit you and you move out before it lands the hit you still get the hit, this method is super tard and cant get really why its here, also considering that the game suffers a lot for bad ping, lag and stuttering.

Blizzard is no more going for "its ready when its ready", but a more modern "we will go to patch all", as nowadays standards, patches over patches over patches.
    Honestly i bought the game and i wanna play it now, if its ready after 6 months a next time we will pay after six months. those devs policies should be legally forbidden imo.
    Imo Blizzard is no more here.
  19. Jun 9, 2012
    Wonderful graphics, very immersive the first time through. But the character development system has been crippled. All characters of the same class are basically cookie cutters, no ability to customise your character as you level up except through item selection ... which is the other big flaw. Items are nowhere near as "cool" as in Diablo 2 ... they seem bland, mostly because there areWonderful graphics, very immersive the first time through. But the character development system has been crippled. All characters of the same class are basically cookie cutters, no ability to customise your character as you level up except through item selection ... which is the other big flaw. Items are nowhere near as "cool" as in Diablo 2 ... they seem bland, mostly because there are almost no special or unique or specialised powers that items give. It's all just stat boosters, so the game is just about maxing out a few stats rather than building a customised cool character over time. Add to this the fact that there is no offline version, which is annoying for players like me who basically just want to play alone for an hour at the end of a long day... so big kudos on graphics, but gameplay won't have me addicted as I was for D2. Expand
  20. Jun 10, 2012
    First of this game is fun, that being said I must also point out that it is fun for a short amount of time. I picked this game up and beat it in a weekend, only to replay for maybe two hours more. Broken down I can say that the story is existent, the graphic could have been better, and the game play is repetitive after the first go around. If you want to play this at a friends or have theFirst of this game is fun, that being said I must also point out that it is fun for a short amount of time. I picked this game up and beat it in a weekend, only to replay for maybe two hours more. Broken down I can say that the story is existent, the graphic could have been better, and the game play is repetitive after the first go around. If you want to play this at a friends or have the money to spend go for it, otherwise I would recommend picking up something with a larger life span, or waiting for 2013. Blizzard let me down on this game. Expand
  21. Jun 10, 2012
    The biggest innovation D3 brings to the table is that Blizzard has found a way to bring server issues and lag to the single player game. Not good. Other than that the gameplay is decent but never shines because the difficulty curve is 3 difficulties of trivially easy followed by a brick wall of difficulty spike. The gear itemization is really poor, the storytelling is sub-mediocre and itsThe biggest innovation D3 brings to the table is that Blizzard has found a way to bring server issues and lag to the single player game. Not good. Other than that the gameplay is decent but never shines because the difficulty curve is 3 difficulties of trivially easy followed by a brick wall of difficulty spike. The gear itemization is really poor, the storytelling is sub-mediocre and its predecessors with worse graphics from a technical perspective do a better job of creating atmosphere. Expand
  22. Jun 10, 2012
    The long awaited return of Diablo III leaves me feeling somewhat disappointed. Overall the gameplay has that old school Diablo feel, but the old school feeling only goes so far and does not warrant $60. It's fun for a few playthroughs with friends, but it gets stale quickly. The loot system is hit or miss and ultimately one finds themself resorting to the auction house to acquire decentThe long awaited return of Diablo III leaves me feeling somewhat disappointed. Overall the gameplay has that old school Diablo feel, but the old school feeling only goes so far and does not warrant $60. It's fun for a few playthroughs with friends, but it gets stale quickly. The loot system is hit or miss and ultimately one finds themself resorting to the auction house to acquire decent gear. The crafting system is awful for it's cost in combination with the utter randomness of the crafting results. The old school adherence to point and click movement is annoying at bes;, frustrating and outdated is a more apt description. The lack of any customization when creating characters is disappointing, but I guess it is a minor issue (at least you can pick a gender). The only real replay factor for me came from the classes and how differently they play. However the core gameplay feels repetitive and grindy after a couple playthroughs. The general chat is a joke; it is just a breeding ground for gold seller spam. In the end I feel like Blizzard made this game ultimately for the Real Money Auction House.; which is the one feature of the game I will never use, partly because I am already done with game but mainly because I find the whole concept distasteful and greed oriented. I played for a few weeks before becoming more than bored with the game...I guess I got my money's worth out of it. But the overall game does not best reflect the amount of time they spent developing it. Expand
  23. Jun 11, 2012
    Let me start off by saying I've been with the Diablo series since Diablo 1 first came out. Diablo3 is not the Diablo I know and love. I have two max level characters in Diablo 3.

Ok, I went into the game knowing a lot had been changed so my negative score is not based on what is written in this paragraph. Let's talk character customization. Very important in an action role-playing game, right? Not in the viewpoint of the Blizzard team that developed Diablo 3. In D3 there are no attribute points that the player can allocate. No skill points to put into the character skills either. Attribute points for every character are automatically assigned and there is no option for manual control. Skill points don't exist in the game. Skils become more powerful the character levels up. Characters are granted all skills appropriate for their level and class as they level up. That is right, you don't chose any skills or spells, you get them all. Every wizard has identical attributes and identical skills available to them. A character is limited to 6 skills at any one time but can freely swap out skills at will. There is no such thing as a "character build" in Diablo 3, there is only a "build of the moment." The only thing that will ever distinguish your wizard from someone else's wizard is what gear your wizard is wearing.

Now, let's talk gear. The itemization in the game is very poor. The items all revolve around granting the player stats. There are no fun item attributes like "chance to cast frost nova" on any item in the game. What you'll see on items are bonuses to strength, intelligence, dexterity, or armor. Bland, boring items. But the unique items are great, right? No...they are the same bland items as the random magic items that drop, only worse. Yes, those uniques (called legendary items) have nothing unique about them other than being named and having a different graphic. What is worse is that they are weaker than blue items or rares that can drop in the game.

The number of gem types is reduced in Diablo 3. Gone are charms, runes, jewels, and rune words. There is no real difference between weapon types other than graphics.A two-handed maul and a two-handed sword are essentially the same weapon with different graphics.

And about item drop rate, that is a hit on the game. As you advance in the game you would expect gear leveled to your character to drop, right? Doesn't happen in Diablo 3. When you get to the highest difficulty level in the game (you have to be the max level (60) to play on it) you'll be seeing level 57 gear drop.) Level 60 gear doesn't drop until Act 3 (out of 4) in Inferno mode. So you'll be struggling to advance while undergeared.

In order to advance in the game after you hit Inferno level you'll have to buy gear off the gold auction house or the soon coming Real Money Auction House. That's right, you'll probably need to fork over your Mastercard for gear. There are no quick ways to make gold in the game. You'll be grinding for weeks or months to buy one decent piece of equipment (with prices of items in the millions of gold pieces.)

Starting in Nightmare mode, you'll see stronger and stronger elite packs. That is great!! But what is not great is that you'll encounter elite packs with affixes that make them impossible to defeat. There is actually an "Invulnerable" affix that will make monsters immune to ALL attacks. As a ranged wizard you'll be constantly "vortexed" into melee range of elite packs, teleported on top of, or "jailed" (stunned for 5 seconds or so.) Can you say "unavoidable death?" Get used to it.

Let's talk skills/spells. I have two characters at max level. A wizard and a witch doctor. There are a lot of cool spell ideas (like a giant toad for witch doctors) that simply don't work in the game. You'll find that only one or two "builds" are viable in higher difficulty levels. That is a major "hit" on the game score to me, especially since Blizzard promised a plethora of viable builds for each class. The Diablo series has always been a single player game with multiplayer elements. Diablo 3 has no offline mode. That is right, you can't play Diablo 3 offline at all. When you go online you'll find that the general chat rooms are full of "spam-bots" hawking the wares that they botted. That is right, Battlenet 2.0 and making the game "online-only" did not prevent hacks, bots, or dupes. There are also periods of heavy lag. I'd not recommend playing hardcore if you you decide to try the game.

I can't recommend the game at this point. It is a game that is still under development (it was obviously not play-tested adequately, especially on higher difficulty levels.) Maybe in 6 months to a year they will have patched the game to make more skills actually viable in the game and dealt with the rampant cheating and terrible lag. I give the game a 5.0.
  24. X0R
    Jun 11, 2012
    In a nutshell, I wasted $60 buying this and regret wasting the money. Could have been a really great game like the oldie, but is a clusterfck instead loaded with poor-performance on my high-end pc, and within a few days was trying to think of a reason to login.
  25. Jun 11, 2012
    I am willing to look past the launch day errors and habitual server problems. However, I am not able to look past the flatness of Diablo 3's game play and storylines. I really can't see myself playing this game anymore; I mean how many times can a person do the same acts over and over before it becomes boring and tedious?
  26. Dec 10, 2013
    Very boring game with no great standouts, only the narrative maybe. could have been made in 2 years instead of a decade, so much anticipation for nothing, really.....
  27. Jun 13, 2012
    Considering the hype for this game and the large fan base looking forward to its release with huge expectations, disappointment was to be anticipated in some form. The always online thing is a bummer, for starters, but that is nothing that surprised me out of Blizzard. What did surprise me was the startling mediocrity of the game in terms of visual style, sound and voices, in-game videosConsidering the hype for this game and the large fan base looking forward to its release with huge expectations, disappointment was to be anticipated in some form. The always online thing is a bummer, for starters, but that is nothing that surprised me out of Blizzard. What did surprise me was the startling mediocrity of the game in terms of visual style, sound and voices, in-game videos and quest design. These things are tolerable, although I personally hate the way everything out of Blizzard is becoming more and more cartoony and World-of-Warcraft-looking. The storytelling on the other hand is not mediocre - it's frankly terrible. Where the fascinating background lore could have been worked into an enticing, mysterious storyline, it was not. The characters are simply laughable. I really hated listening to most of them. Opponents like the "Lord of Lies" will be so daft, I found myself wondering what the target age group for the game actually is.

Yes, Diablo 3 is fun if you play through it once, maybe level up to 60 and go hunting for some gear if that's your thing, but personally I will put it on the shelf for now. I've spent my money on worse games though, so 5 out of 10 is about right.
  28. Jun 13, 2012
    The game has it's problems. The main one being that playing through on normal and nightmare are simply too easy to the point of being boring. By the time you get to hell mode the difficulty feels like it's where it should be, but the story is very dull by this time. You've already seen it twice and it's so short that it's not worth replaying for the sake of the story. It is an averageThe game has it's problems. The main one being that playing through on normal and nightmare are simply too easy to the point of being boring. By the time you get to hell mode the difficulty feels like it's where it should be, but the story is very dull by this time. You've already seen it twice and it's so short that it's not worth replaying for the sake of the story. It is an average game, at best. Definitely not one that will stand the test of time. Expand
  29. Jun 14, 2012
    Good combat system, a fairly well-designed skill system that leaves you juggling constantly, and decent presentation. For me, that's where it stops. The storyline and voice acting are verging on spoof, the difficulty levels of late game are nowhere near challenging enough, and it's incredibly short. Once you've finished it two or three times there really is no need at all to ever play itGood combat system, a fairly well-designed skill system that leaves you juggling constantly, and decent presentation. For me, that's where it stops. The storyline and voice acting are verging on spoof, the difficulty levels of late game are nowhere near challenging enough, and it's incredibly short. Once you've finished it two or three times there really is no need at all to ever play it again. Overall a big letdown, in fact I'd hugely recommend Diablo 2 over this, regardless of technical advances. Expand
  30. Jun 16, 2012
    I'm not the biggest RPG gamer around, but I daresay I know my way around a few. This is my first time playing a Diablo game, so storywise, I can't really judge. Gameplay however is lacking severely in replay-ability. The only real replay value present is dungeons are formed in randomization. Furthermore, the dungeon layouts are predictable, specifically the side quest ones. TheI'm not the biggest RPG gamer around, but I daresay I know my way around a few. This is my first time playing a Diablo game, so storywise, I can't really judge. Gameplay however is lacking severely in replay-ability. The only real replay value present is dungeons are formed in randomization. Furthermore, the dungeon layouts are predictable, specifically the side quest ones. The scripted dungeons become monotonous very quickly and if you're a thorough dungeon clearer like myself, enemies pose little to no threat on the lower difficulties. What good I can say for it is that I have enjoyed walking through the story with my friends. Having ranged, melee, and healer in a single party with some of your closest friends is truly fun no matter the game. All the basic team elements can be found in this game but the higher difficulties may bring down the enjoyment. Expand
  31. Jun 18, 2012
    As a big fan of Blizzard Entertainment (WoW player for 5 years and played the original Warcraft and Diablo) I was kinda excited about the release of Diablo 3, but I was fairly disappointed. It could have been an AMAZING game... maybe 5+ years ago. The graphics are decent, and the spells look pretty cool. The game play once you get used to it is pretty fun and easy (definitely differentAs a big fan of Blizzard Entertainment (WoW player for 5 years and played the original Warcraft and Diablo) I was kinda excited about the release of Diablo 3, but I was fairly disappointed. It could have been an AMAZING game... maybe 5+ years ago. The graphics are decent, and the spells look pretty cool. The game play once you get used to it is pretty fun and easy (definitely different from typical MMORPG play style). The story line is probably the best thing about it thus far, well, that and that you can have your friends join you. Since I got this game for free with my year contract with WoW I really can't complain, it helps subdue boredom, but I can honestly say that if I had bought this game I'd be highly pissed. All in all I'd say its GOOD... but definitely not "10+ years to make good" Expand
  32. Jun 19, 2012
    Cons: Story is terrible. Voice acting is bad. Cinematics do not live up to Blizzard's Diablo 2 quality. WoW inspired skills and skill system so no great character customisation. Real Money Auction House is a joke. Looting tables and item qualities are not rewarding.

Pros: Graphics (They could be MUCH better though), Sound and Interface.
  33. Jun 19, 2012
    It should be noted that the significant score gap between critics and users spawns from 1000's of Diablo II fans having their hearts broken. They swarmed here to vent about a lackadaisical release. This game is certainly not worthless; it's entertaining and usually fun to play. That said this game is by no means on the same level as it's two older siblings; comparatively it is a 3rd graderIt should be noted that the significant score gap between critics and users spawns from 1000's of Diablo II fans having their hearts broken. They swarmed here to vent about a lackadaisical release. This game is certainly not worthless; it's entertaining and usually fun to play. That said this game is by no means on the same level as it's two older siblings; comparatively it is a 3rd grader who still eats paste. Fun to talk to and can bring fresh innovations, but ultimately way behind the curve. Speaking of elementary, I would say that's about the level of intelligence required to play. Axing all customization of stat points and skills, the re-playability was dropped 100 fold. Not to say it's not fun, I'm just disappointed by one of my favorite parts of Diablo II. On the bright side, the new ideas of forging equipment and being able to remove socketed gems is excellent. Playing multiplayer with friends has never been easier. The big flaw though, is Blizzards insistence that an internet requirement. My internet slowed to a crawl the other day and rendered Diablo unplayable. A useless piece of $60 dollar software. A friend argued that to release a single player non-internet dependent would require a rewrite of the code, but I must counter that for $60, maybe Blizzard could put a little more effort in? Expand
  34. Jun 19, 2012
    Given my experience with Starcraft and Warcraft, I was expecting a lot more from Blizzard here. While the game looks great and is fun for the first three playthroughs (Normal, Nightmare, Hell), the final mode (Inferno) sends enemies at you that can have combinations of abilities that are impossible to beat on a given class type, even when well-geared. This is not fun at all - I wouldGiven my experience with Starcraft and Warcraft, I was expecting a lot more from Blizzard here. While the game looks great and is fun for the first three playthroughs (Normal, Nightmare, Hell), the final mode (Inferno) sends enemies at you that can have combinations of abilities that are impossible to beat on a given class type, even when well-geared. This is not fun at all - I would have preferred to see difficulty increase in a way that rewards skill over luck of the draw, so that I could improve my chances with practice.

Additionally, they just recently (v1.03) modified the attack speed stat, such that my expensive purchase (all the gold I had in the game) for two legendary set piece weapons (Danetta's Oath) are now practically useless, and I cannot recover my investment as they are no longer desirable to anyone on the auction house. Rather than spend hours or real money re-gearing my character, I'm just going to move on to another title.
  35. Jun 21, 2012
    Overall - 4.8/10

Overall - 4.8/10

The game is lackluster, its missing its polish that is normally apparent in Blizzard games. Holes in the story line, broken promises (PvP), silly voice acting, obvious testing issues, and a general lack of customer feedback has destroyed this games chances of becoming great. Most of us bought Diablo 3, because it was Diablo. The teasers, the beta, the screenshots, the game box, and hell the website all lead us to believe we were getting something that we just plain did not receive. For those of you who got refunds or are selling items on the RMAH to get your money back, more power to you.

Some say gamers today are "entitled", and that the developers / creators spent hundreds of days making this game for us. We are entitled, we have opinions, we have voices, we have choices. All people are born with this ability and use it everyday. We all spend our hard earned money on consumer products; food, entertainment, transportation, etc. When we don't get what we were promised or expecting, we demand a refund, or we don't return. Just because its a "game" doesn't excuse Blizzard from falsely advertising a product and releasing a retail game that is obviously a product that is reminiscent of an open beta.
  36. Jun 23, 2012
    I created an account on this site just to review this game. I'm going to break this post down by the pros and cons of this game and its developer.

Pros: -better graphics -new classes -professions -cool animations -rune system diversity -porting to allies -identifying/porting fix -AH Cons: -online only -lack of story and short campaign -initial server problems (no excuse

Pros:
    -better graphics
    -new classes
    -professions
    -cool animations
    -rune system diversity
    -porting to allies
    -identifying/porting fix
    -AH

Cons:
    -online only
    -lack of story and short campaign
    -initial server problems (no excuse for that)
    -constant nerfs to gold/itemization outside of AH
    -RMAH
    -under powered professions

Overall the game felt more like an expansion. Whats really been pissing me off lately is how these developers are trying to find new ways to scheme more money out of people. Nowadays when I pay $60 for a game, generally you can expect 6-8 solid hours of gaming. This feels like a fraction of the time it took me to complete games back in the day AND they were less expensive. Now games have monthly fees, DLC which cost more $, the RMAH % cut, and all these other methods for making more money and giving us less of a game. Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of this ****

I was an avid player of D2 and had big expectations for D3. There was a big part of my problem right there, but why not expect big things? Blizz has the money, the talent, the fan base, and the time to create some solid games but here lately I'm just not seeing it.

I think the user review here isn't accurate but the professional critic reviews are equally as inaccurate. Out of the GBs of space Blizzard's games require you'd expect more out of this game. If you were content paying $60 just to play the game through once or twice then more power to you. But if your me you can't help but agonize at the bastardization from D2 to this wannabe D3.

For me video games are becoming like the movies. Create a hot trailer with a few big names which bring a certain revenue then insert the camera into someone's anal cavity and start filming and expect people not to download it. I'm sorry but I can't support these corporations who are going to put profit > product. If you have a good product the profit will always be there, but the emphasis needs to be on the product.

These companies are more concerned with getting away with the bare minimum to achieve maximum profit then have the audacity to sell us more stuff on the side that should have initially been included.
  37. Jun 24, 2012
    Diablo 3 has good art design and passably entertaining character class design. It suffers from bad gameplay, story-writing, and game-balancing.

Regarding gameplay, D3 majorly suffered from lacking proper incentives to kill things. Prior to a late nerf, the most efficient way of making gold, for example, was not to kill monsters or bosses, but to do speed runs breaking urns wearing gold find gear. This was extremely more lucrative than fighting any mobs. Further, there wasn't any substantial reward for killing elites (and no more reward for killing particularly hard elites). The item drops in the game were extremely subpar. The best way to play the game involved farming gold and buying items at the auction house, and using gimmicks to avoid difficult elite monsters. Put simply, there wasn't any incentive in D3 to be strategic or intelligent in gameplay. Further, farming wasn't rewarding as well, as having to break urns for hours to get a decent amount of gold on end is, to be honest, kind of pathetic. Regarding story-writing, put simply the story was incredibly cheesy and neither interesting nor immersive.

Regarding game-balance, my biggest problem is that D3 was not a finished product when it was released, and subsequent "patches" made drastic changes and detracted from the enjoyment of accomplishment in the game. Personally, as a gamer looking for a challenge, the game's major nerfs to Inferno, difficulty in group play trivialized beating the game and has made it less enjoyable, as (even) less skill is required. Nerfs to character class abilities were frustrating for a perfectionist wanting to play a complete game, and the nerf to core game mechanic of increased attack speed (halving its values) drastically altered the game in a unsatisfying way, as watching your long-played champion become far less effective is a major let-down.

Conclusion: Those looking for an immersive strategically challenging and rewarding game should not purchase D3, as it is quite the opposite.
  38. Jun 25, 2012
    Hi, I played Diablo Diablo 2 and of course all Blizzard games, Starcraft was awesome but this years Diablo 3 does not simply meet high Blizzard games level. Mediocre story, world of warcraft copying, connection issues, confusing auction house , repeating game again and again to get required items, stupid mobs difficulty based on your dps and not skill. It simply is not worth 60 euros IHi, I played Diablo Diablo 2 and of course all Blizzard games, Starcraft was awesome but this years Diablo 3 does not simply meet high Blizzard games level. Mediocre story, world of warcraft copying, connection issues, confusing auction house , repeating game again and again to get required items, stupid mobs difficulty based on your dps and not skill. It simply is not worth 60 euros I paid. "Thank you" Blizzard, I bought all your games but will use cracked version next time to compensate this sh...... Expand
  39. Jun 25, 2012
    I have played the play as a demo test and unfortunately, it could not fulfil my expectations. Before I do not like it that I must be on-line in the single player mode constantly. For me the whole product has fallen through.
  40. Jun 25, 2012
    I would give it a higher review, but I didn't want my review to be considered "positive." --- The bad: automatic attribute point distribution, all skills are given to you, slow-paced, too many cutscenes, too much dialogue you have to skip, not being able to use waypoints to travel to any act, lack of a lobby, lack of a join game list with custom names, level limit of 60, leveling feelingI would give it a higher review, but I didn't want my review to be considered "positive." --- The bad: automatic attribute point distribution, all skills are given to you, slow-paced, too many cutscenes, too much dialogue you have to skip, not being able to use waypoints to travel to any act, lack of a lobby, lack of a join game list with custom names, level limit of 60, leveling feeling to linear (no logarithmic progression), and boring itemization (few affixes, main goal is to stack main attribute + vitality + dps/defense, etc). --- The good: updated graphics, physics engine, a friends list integrated in the user interface, an overall well designed user interface, sharing items between characters is easy, fun combat (when you're not getting completely wrecked and 1-shotted), achievements, inspecting other characters, and user statistics. As you can see, the things that are good aren't nearly as important than the things that are bad. I have about 40 hours on this game, and they have been generally decent. There are periods where I won't play for weeks at a time though, so I guess that sort of tells you what replayablity this game has for me. Once I reached Hell and played Act 1 a bit, the game lost some of its entertainment value. There's no burning desire to go and play again like Diablo 2. I just don't know what to think of this game anymore. Hopefully they can fix it up with updates, but I doubt it. Expand
  41. Jun 28, 2012
    I never thought I'd see the day that I'd right a Blizzard game a low review. Yet here we stand at that day. To understand what it is about this game that is such a letdown and overall makes the game so poor, you need to know what Diablo 3 was meant to be. It's name implies it is supposed to be a sequel to Diablo 2, and therefore it should be Diablo 2, but better, right? Well it isn't.I never thought I'd see the day that I'd right a Blizzard game a low review. Yet here we stand at that day. To understand what it is about this game that is such a letdown and overall makes the game so poor, you need to know what Diablo 3 was meant to be. It's name implies it is supposed to be a sequel to Diablo 2, and therefore it should be Diablo 2, but better, right? Well it isn't. Diablo 3 is the bastard offspring of Diablo 2 and Call of Duty. The bones of Diablo 2 are there, but they have been covered by the awful casualization and monetization of the CoD franchise. So what do we have? Always-online-DRM, causing single player lag and forcing you to have an internet connection to play. Massively inconvenient. The RMAH. Blizzard takes a 15% cut. Do you know why? Because this game is built around you using the RMAH. They want your money, pure and simple. The RMAH isn't for your convenience, just so Blizzard can "sneakily" take your money. The Story is atrocious. I came in expecting Blizzard level story-telling and got a terrible, poorly thought out plot with forgettable characters, bad voice acting, and embarrassing dialogue. Never has a fantasy game made me wish I wasn't playing a fantasy game before. Gameplay is solid, but the game itself is boring, lacking any of the customization of D2, or the charm, or the fun of playing with friends (yay, I can play with four people, because this game is made for consoles). This is really something I never thought would happen. But the immaculate Blizzard has done us wrong. I'd have happily pre-ordered every game from them till the end of time, but after this fiasco? Blizzard has lost a customer, and a fan. Rating: 4.9/10 Expand
  42. Jun 28, 2012
    It is a beautiful game for it's type and you can tell that a lot of attention was put into the details, but there is something here that leaves me feeling very empty when I play, like it was not made for me in mind. I just can fully buy in to the plot--I just don't care about it. It leaves me feeling ripped off for the $65 that I paid to play. The point and click play style is notIt is a beautiful game for it's type and you can tell that a lot of attention was put into the details, but there is something here that leaves me feeling very empty when I play, like it was not made for me in mind. I just can fully buy in to the plot--I just don't care about it. It leaves me feeling ripped off for the $65 that I paid to play. The point and click play style is not immersive to me at all. The game is far too easy--I have logged 8 hours thus far without coming close to dying. Where is the challenge? That, coupled with the fact that you cannot increase the difficulty level until you actually complete the ENTIRE GAME, makes it very likely that I will finish this expensive price tag of a rip off. Oh, and even though I have a very good computer (and internet connection)that plays games such as Skyrim at full quality just fine, there is significant lag and FPS problems, especially during the afternoon/evening. Expand
  43. Jul 2, 2012
    Played to lvl 60. The gameplay isn't bad at all. The launch problems did get a lot of people mad but that's all fixed by now. It' a hunter- gatherer game deal with it. You kill, collect, keep the usables, sell the rest to other players, buy what you need from other players and kill some more. There is one thing I don't really like and I wish they'd change it: You can't create a clean newPlayed to lvl 60. The gameplay isn't bad at all. The launch problems did get a lot of people mad but that's all fixed by now. It' a hunter- gatherer game deal with it. You kill, collect, keep the usables, sell the rest to other players, buy what you need from other players and kill some more. There is one thing I don't really like and I wish they'd change it: You can't create a clean new game. All your gold and all your stashed item are shared by all your heroes. So basically when someone else wants to play they can spend all your gold and take or sell all your stashed items. I'm not saying that anyone will actually do that but what if I want to create a new hero and play from scratch? Expand
  44. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is really mediocre. The mandatory connection to play is a rape. Game play wise is a dumbed down version on Diablo 2. RMAH is a joke too. Stay away from this game.
  45. Jul 4, 2012
    There are so many biased reviewers out there that are letting their emotions cloud their judgement. Diablo 3 is not where near a good game but it sure as hell isn't a 0/10. There is so many BS blizzard has done to this game is beyond count however when it comes down to it, Diablo 3 is a pretty decent game overall and has some pretty cool gameplay, the problem like I said is the stupid BSThere are so many biased reviewers out there that are letting their emotions cloud their judgement. Diablo 3 is not where near a good game but it sure as hell isn't a 0/10. There is so many BS blizzard has done to this game is beyond count however when it comes down to it, Diablo 3 is a pretty decent game overall and has some pretty cool gameplay, the problem like I said is the stupid BS blizzard has done to this game such as DRM and the money-grabbing Auction House. Seriously! In a game that revolves around Looting items you release the bloody Auction House. 5/10, solid game play, good cinematics but too much bs . Expand
  46. Jul 4, 2012
    The huge contrast between critics and user opinions is very shameful. Bribery seems rampant between devs and crits. Is it possible that all but one critic doesn't have a clue? No, it's not. Maybe if we had honest reviews there would be less pirating due to people getting ripped off by slanted reviews on mediocre games, like Diablo 3.
  47. Jul 4, 2012
    D3 was a pretty big disappointment for me, constant connection problems, being forced to be on the internet to play a single player game, constant breaks in the animation and lag, even though i'm on a dedicated fiber provider. Overall the gameplay was fun, I started with a barbarian. Gameplay was interesting at times you felt like the hulk just totally unstoppable and then would get 1D3 was a pretty big disappointment for me, constant connection problems, being forced to be on the internet to play a single player game, constant breaks in the animation and lag, even though i'm on a dedicated fiber provider. Overall the gameplay was fun, I started with a barbarian. Gameplay was interesting at times you felt like the hulk just totally unstoppable and then would get 1 shotted by some random mini boss. Big main story bosses are jokes, very easy, but random ones you encounter will kill you easily. Overall it was a bit confusing.

The plot was okay, it felt very rushed, which seems crazy for something that took 12 years to make. Cinematics are mind blowing good, but still with odd plot jumps. Final ending felt sad and not in tune with Diablo 1 and 2 storyline.

Biggest thing for me is the forced online gameplay and lag spikes throughout gameplay. Even world of warcraft isn
  48. Jul 10, 2012
    The game is fun in the beginning. Act I is actually quite enjoyable. Act II less so. Act III with the non-stop action of the battle for the keep is actually quite fun. Act IV loses steam and the last fight with Diablo is anti-climatic. The end feels forced.

I call it the end because if you play into Inferno you are asking to be displeased. I played 3 classes to 60 and the gameplay beyond 60 in Inferno is brutal. Brutal is ok though except here it is brutal AND boring. Because you can't advance in any reasonable amount of time unless you shell out 100's for better gear via the Auction House. If you think you will be getting the gear in the game haha you are very funny. You wont. I farmed for weeks and drops of upgrade gear, things that will actually advance you to finishing Inferno, just do not drop frequently enough. You'd have to put in a 40 hour work week to have a middling chance without buying gear.

That isn't my idea of fun.

That said if you buy the game once the price drops about $20 bucks and play it through to 60 and quit you have a fairly fun game. People giving it a 0 or 1 score I think are reacting viscerally to some of the policies Blizzard has put in place. The game itself is decent-ish. It is no Diablo II or Dragon Ages or a lot of other better games. But it shouldn't be punished for what it isn't. It should be rated for what it is. What it is, is a decently entertaining game that should be put down after reaching level 60, because there literally is no game after level 60. There is just obsessive compulsive repetitiveness.
  49. Jul 11, 2012
    It pains me to give Diablo 3 a rating of five considering how much I love the Diablo franchise. I wanted this game to keep me interested for years like Diablo 2 did, and unfortunately it just doesn't have the staying power of its predecessor. Overall, I'm content that I got over 100 hours of enjoyment out of a $100 game (I splurged for the Collector's Edition), yet that feeling ofIt pains me to give Diablo 3 a rating of five considering how much I love the Diablo franchise. I wanted this game to keep me interested for years like Diablo 2 did, and unfortunately it just doesn't have the staying power of its predecessor. Overall, I'm content that I got over 100 hours of enjoyment out of a $100 game (I splurged for the Collector's Edition), yet that feeling of disappointment in knowing that after 3 months I've already lost interest definitely lingers. Perhaps future content updates will pull me back in; only time will tell on that. Expand
  50. Jul 13, 2012
    Blizzard fails to deliver what could have been an amazing Action RPG. To break it down. Video: The game looks good and has a nice flow when everything is optimal (No server lag etc). The graphics are unfortunately not able to deliver the atmosphere we know from D2. It is to bright and cartoonish in its own way to deliver a dark and chilling experience. 7/10.

Audio: The game sounds very

Audio:
    The game sounds very good. The sound track and general audio really does it's job to enhance the heroic hack 'n slash this game were supposed to be. 9/10 Unfortunately, the dialogue and voices are in short, horrible. 2/10. Summarized: 6/10.

Gameplay:
    The game suffer from several gamebreaking things. 1) First, there is the intentional lag for hit detection. You can not dodge missiles or bigger melee attacks. This makes for many frustrating moments where your tactical movements are punished, instead of rewarded. Hardcore players will lose many characters due to this horrible game design. 2) Always online. The game demands you to be online at all times, even when playing single player mode. This alone is not a big issue, but Blizzards servers fail to maintain steady servers. This causes ingame lag, issues for logging in and playing with your friends. This feature simply causes many problems which easily could have been avoided. 3) This is an action RPG. But you can not develop your character in any way possible - except from leveling ofcourse. Both the main stat (Str, Vit, Dex, Int) and the skill system is pre-determinated. Every part of what made Diablo 2 into an action RPG is dumbed down as far as it goes. This game has zero replayability. 4) The areas you travel through are not randomly generated, but rather very predeterminated. This choise causes the game to be more boring than it has to be.
    5) There are four, 4, difficulty levels. This could have been a positive thing, but the HUGE gap between Hell (3rd) and Inferno (4th) causes everyone to hit a brick wall. This alone is not a negative thing, but several ingame designs causes the grind to be thedious rather then fun. 6) The economical aspect of the game takes up too much space in the way you experience the game. The introduction of the AH and Real Money AH simply buts alot of weight on the gold instead of the items themselves. Combine this with a redicolus repaircost, high cost crafting plans for items and gems, pluss the fact that items you find are worth nothing at all - you get a money farming game instead of a pure hack 'n slash game. If you don't have the time to play 5+ hours a day, you are simply dependant on farming gold and what other people put on the AH/RMAH.
    7) The game offers a flexible skill system. But there are some builds that are obviously better then others, thus dimming down the depth of the skill system. The game promotes you to use what ever spells/abilities you want - but if you chose to do so, the game punishes you by removing buffs (Neph Valor) and makes you wait for cooldowns. So being flexible with the flexible skill system punishes you.
    8) The game suffers from an escalation in stat values. A barbarian starts out with something as low as 100 healt points at lvl 1. At level 60, you can have close to 100 000 HP. This escalation is one of the things that causes the issues with Inferno difficulty, as the monsters health increases ALOT, while you reach max level in Act 2 or 3 on Hell difficulty. 9) The items in the game are boring. This is mainly due to the dumbed down stat and skill system. The stat and skill system is set in stone and therefore the items can not function the way they did in Diablo 2. They have also removed many, many affixes from D2. Also, your damage is manly determinated by weapon damage. As a result, wizards can very well use 2h axes with better sucsess then a wizard class spesific wand. 3/10.

All in all, Diablo 3 has very little to do with its elder brother, Diablo 2. Only the title and setting is similar. The always-online, dumbed down stat- and skill system, shallow item-system and buildt in lag are things that ALWAYS will be in the way of the positive things this game has to offer. This game is nothing more the a mediocre product who might be pathced to be a better game in the future. Sadly, the patches so far has proven that it will a long time before that. If you chose to pick up this game, be prepared to feel mighty powerfull as you level through the early stages of the game. But the higher level and further in the game you get, the less of an hack 'n slash it is. Your hero become weak and you will have to kite/run away more then you fight. Sadly, this game does not even come close to have the functionality Diablo 2 and other hack 'n slash games have. Signed, long time Blizzard and Diablo-fan ='(
  51. Jul 15, 2012
    This game lasted both my wife and I about 50 hours of casual play, cooperatively and single-player, plus some game time with friends. This was enough to get us through the first two difficulty tiers. After that, the monotony became mind-numbing for both of us--basically, same story, same maps, same mobs, and same general loot table. The only differences each playthru are the differentThis game lasted both my wife and I about 50 hours of casual play, cooperatively and single-player, plus some game time with friends. This was enough to get us through the first two difficulty tiers. After that, the monotony became mind-numbing for both of us--basically, same story, same maps, same mobs, and same general loot table. The only differences each playthru are the different classes available, the level of loot, and the increasingly difficult mob mechanics that quickly become frustrating. To compensate, and as others have mentioned, into the 3rd and surely 4th difficulty tiers much of the "game time" is spent grinding familiar content and combining that with the in-game auction system to get better gear to move forward with fewer headaches. But as fewer headaches do not translate into greater enjoyment, both of us have uninstalled the game and shelved it pending any great DLC or expansions, so I rate this as only "Average." If one is a great fan of the series, or has friends that are, then it may have more lasting value. Expand
  52. Jul 16, 2012
    This game does not deserve the price it has. It is very boring when you play alone, it is too short, and has a lack of content. Even the new things are bad designed. Just buy it if your friends has it.
  53. Jul 16, 2012
    A cut down, more "mainstream" version of Diablo. Its nothing like its amazing predecessor Diablo 2. The game barrows on many features of mmorpgs, such as no dropping corpses, no stat leveling, no skill leveling, and an auction house. Basicly just hack, slash, and loot at its best. The "Skill Rune" system seems like a great way to manage your skills but in the end feels 'dumbed down'. TheA cut down, more "mainstream" version of Diablo. Its nothing like its amazing predecessor Diablo 2. The game barrows on many features of mmorpgs, such as no dropping corpses, no stat leveling, no skill leveling, and an auction house. Basicly just hack, slash, and loot at its best. The "Skill Rune" system seems like a great way to manage your skills but in the end feels 'dumbed down'. The runes basicly upgrade the skill as you go, so in most cases there would be no need to use a lower level rune. Overall I dont feel rewarded for leveling; I mean getting cooler skills/spells would be nice, but if I picked the same class twice there would be no difference once their both highly leveled. Other then their Items I havn't really had to customize anything but their names. No re-playability. Atleast not as much as Diablo 2. I could imagine you could play through each class 1 time, other then that I dont see the sense in making the same class again. In Diablo 2 you made many of the same class because you could build them differently. I had roughly 20 different builds for the 7 classes in Diablo 2. Overall just to many changes and unwanted additions to call it a good Diablo sequel. Im myself a huge blizzard fanboy, I've played and enjoyed all their games but I just feel disappointed with this release. Its still fun to play it just didn't live up to what I was hoping. If your new to Diablo then you might feel this ranks around in the 8-9 score area, but for everyone thats played D2 you may feel 5-6 is a better assessment. Expand
  54. Jul 18, 2012
    D3 was certainly not what I expected. The game has become to focused around the Auction House, which unfortunately seems to be the primary focus around the Blizzard updates. Gameplay is meh at best, and after the first few playthroughs you may realize that it will not provide the sustained longevity that made D2 such a big hit. The graphics are decent, the interface is intuitive, but toD3 was certainly not what I expected. The game has become to focused around the Auction House, which unfortunately seems to be the primary focus around the Blizzard updates. Gameplay is meh at best, and after the first few playthroughs you may realize that it will not provide the sustained longevity that made D2 such a big hit. The graphics are decent, the interface is intuitive, but to me those are primarily aesthetic and don't necessarily make for a good game I was hoping that I would get a lot more play out of this game but unfortunately I've already moved on. Expand
  55. Jul 21, 2012
    Very disappointed by the game. I bought it being sure it will be great as Diablo2 but after a while I found that game is too short, requires constant internet connection even in single player game which a game breaker for hardcore mode, and too casual in character builds. On a positive side the graphics and world details are very good. Combat dynamic is good too.
  56. Jul 22, 2012
    This is just such a bipolar game it is hard to review. One one hand, the gameplay is fun for awhile, the loot system is predictable, and the unlock system is nice. One the other hand, the sheer lack of customization makes you feel like your character isnt your own, but a clone of thousands others. It really left me, and others dissapointed from this game.
  57. Jul 23, 2012
    This game isn't as great as the previous. The actual gameplay is OK, a standard dungeon-crawling, hack and slash system. However, Blizzard butchered the skill system, but that isn't a huge deal its still ok. The worst part is the constant internet required, which makes NO sense for a primarily single player game, there is no offline mode. This is weird because Starcraft II has offline modeThis game isn't as great as the previous. The actual gameplay is OK, a standard dungeon-crawling, hack and slash system. However, Blizzard butchered the skill system, but that isn't a huge deal its still ok. The worst part is the constant internet required, which makes NO sense for a primarily single player game, there is no offline mode. This is weird because Starcraft II has offline mode against bots, and is primarily multiplayer. ALSO, the real money auction house basically throws the whole inferno grinding in the drain, whoever pays the most money wins at this. The story is also trash. Expand
  58. Jul 27, 2012
    I was really looking forward to playing this game, installed it, and I pressed play. Now, the cinematic videos are visually spectacular, but, the thing that really does bother me is the click this, click that style of controls, and I can't change it. Unfortunately, really addictive, I could barely move my index finger for hours after I stopped playing. A true disappointment, it lacks someI was really looking forward to playing this game, installed it, and I pressed play. Now, the cinematic videos are visually spectacular, but, the thing that really does bother me is the click this, click that style of controls, and I can't change it. Unfortunately, really addictive, I could barely move my index finger for hours after I stopped playing. A true disappointment, it lacks some things from its previous titles. I have not a clue how this sold 3.5 million copies when it was released on its first day. I don't think their next title will do so well... Expand
  59. Jul 27, 2012
    Diablo 3, beautiful game, captures the Diablo 2 experience with smoother game and leveling. However, it keeps dropping the connection. Even after opening the ports that they tell you, you may find yourself having to repeat the game OVER and OVER again. Why, in a single player mode game, you need ot be online and subject to disconnects that cause you to repeat a map is beyond me.
  60. Aug 25, 2012
    Visuals - as my casual gamer sister said when she caught me playing diablo 3: the graphics are way too Ragnarok-like for a game about demons. For me it would kind of work if the graphics were oriented for a game such as Bastion but it just doesn´t fit the mood here; maybe I´m not the target market for this stuff, perhaps it was never intended for a mature audience. But evenVisuals - as my casual gamer sister said when she caught me playing diablo 3: the graphics are way too Ragnarok-like for a game about demons. For me it would kind of work if the graphics were oriented for a game such as Bastion but it just doesn´t fit the mood here; maybe I´m not the target market for this stuff, perhaps it was never intended for a mature audience. But even then starcraft 2 is graphically darker than this.
    Leveling up - the whole chain of evolution is visually available from the very beginning and as you receive new abilities just by leveling up you test them and see their uselessness and go back to your previous killer formula. You have no paths to choose and/or costumize your character, it 's just a straight line ahead without much thinking nor branch working.
    Level design - as most maps are "randomly" generated you should finished them the first time you encounter them since if you logout and login minutes later the whole configuration will be disposed in a different lego-like block struture. This is nice in a way because it gives a more "challenging" map but as you don't interact very much with the scenery, the traps in it for you to use against enemies are useless, you just pass through a painterly wallpaper most of the time having enemies mostly as a mean to reduce game progression. Besides the dungeons everthing is a straight line and even the dungeons only serve to explore and find the audiologs in diaries form, which works a lot better in bioshock than here. A world-map sandbox universe would have worked wonders here (zelda like or even metroid like), instead they made as straight lined as Final Fantasy XIII, probably even more.
    History: everything is so handed down and the hand holding just never stops, pretty much this whole game history can be totally explained in 4 phrases. And don't get me wrong, they have some nice points, although I still have my doubts about what deserved a CGI cutscene and what didn't, the way which it was treated and served mostly ruined it for me, a very Disney/Pixar approach.
    I just finished a demon hunter 4 Acts playthrough and I had as friendly AI to fight the demons a thief, an arcanist and a templar like guy. Where were the monks, mages and wizards? And Tyrael's uselessness is unbelievable...
    I wonder how courageous or just ill-willing the producers were to pull this out and give us a collector edition with diablo 2 and its expasion along with it. Probably just lazy and greedy.
    On its own it's hardly one of the worst games I've played but not in the spectrum of the bests either. Also it doesn't add anything new to the mixture, so it doesn't even have the excuse of being experimental. Sadly more disappointing than starcraft 2.
  61. Aug 7, 2012
    This is a mediocre game, by all accounts. HOWEVER, the hype around it with the promise of getting "rich" of the real money auction house has attracted many players looking for an addiction. Blizzard has corrupted their game with what they have learned from WoW. I am sorry, but it seems that all the critics were blind and deaf. This is not a very good game. In a world where we have gamesThis is a mediocre game, by all accounts. HOWEVER, the hype around it with the promise of getting "rich" of the real money auction house has attracted many players looking for an addiction. Blizzard has corrupted their game with what they have learned from WoW. I am sorry, but it seems that all the critics were blind and deaf. This is not a very good game. In a world where we have games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Braid/Limbo/that great indie game/ this is a mediocre game looking to get you hooked on loot. Please snap out of it! Expand
  62. Dec 4, 2012
    This game has excellent voice acting, excellent stylized cut-scenes and excellent graphics. I enjoyed this game very much when I got it, it is fun to play. Each class has its unique play style and feel. The sound effects are awesome. Overall, I think it was worth the price. And now for the bad side: - the always online requirement caused lag issues often when you play solo. There is noThis game has excellent voice acting, excellent stylized cut-scenes and excellent graphics. I enjoyed this game very much when I got it, it is fun to play. Each class has its unique play style and feel. The sound effects are awesome. Overall, I think it was worth the price. And now for the bad side: - the always online requirement caused lag issues often when you play solo. There is no good reason why the player should experience lag while playing solo, it should be played offline. - loot drops are horrible, it is hard to progress with the random gear that drops for you. I think Blizzard did this on purpose to make it hard to progress without using the Real Money Auction House which they make a cut of profit from. - Blizzard monitors everything everyone is doing all the time like Big Brother and often decides to nerf your class or alter the game when people find ways to increase their odds of finding good gear. Once again I think this is to try to force you into using the real money action house. - ironically, the auction house UI is horrible. It is extremely difficult to find out what the average selling price is for a piece of gear you have. People who are used to the excellent WoW AH will find this very frustrating to use. - the crafting system is too random, you can in theory use blacksmithing to help you make gear while you are progressing, but due to the randomness you are unlikely to get the gear you need - the game is very repetitive. You do the exact same story on each of the 5 character classes and there are four levels and each level you do the entire story again, so your gameplay will consist of doing the same story 20X if you level 5 classes to the end. Gets boring after a while. To be fair the maps have random elements (caves/dungeons) and mobs in them that don't spawn every time but it is still very similar each time. - my last complain is a minor one, but there is no way to really see what the gear looks like on your character without leaving the game and looking at the character in the hero screen. In other games like WoW I like to check out what a new piece of gear looks like on my character. The Diablo 3 gear looks really good, but it is a shame you can't easily zoom in on your character to see the great artwork the games artists did when you equip a new piece of gear. There is a minor zoom function but it still views your character too small to really see. They should just copy the WoW character screen where you can zoom in and rotate your character from withing your inventory, maybe an optional tab you can open up. All my major complaints are related to the always online requirement. I'd happily opt out of ever being able to use the auction houses if it meant I could play solo offline, I only used the AH once because I hate the AH UI anyway. I dread to think of ever making a hard-mode character (where if you die you die for good) with all the lag spikes, I'm certain lag would probably kill me before a monster did which would not be fair.

Pros:

+ you character looks awesome!
    + looting, killing and combat sound effects sound awesome!
    + loot name text has no boxes behind the text so you can easily see baddies behind it that you are fighting
    + voice acting is decent, all info given through voice acting
    + good story telling (albeit lame story)
    + cut scenes are good, they are artistic and stylized
    + this game has an intentional retro feel, but does not feel dated
    + classes (5 choices) are diverse and interesting, each class has its own unique gameplay feel

Cons:

- $60US (over-priced should be $30-$40)
    - single player requires Internet connection, server-lag, rubber-banding and server DCs occur frequently
    - loot is boring, rares/legendaries are often worse than common items and often useless to any class, upgrades drop 0.001% of the time (ie: almost never, this game is a boring, tedious gear-grind)
    - all characters of the same class look identical
    - no mods allowed
    - Blizzard treats this like its an MMORPG in closed-beta: BS nerfs and changes often from Blizzard, forced to play how they want you to play instead of how you want to play. Game is unbalanced, you're 1-shotting everything one hour, next hour everything is 1-shotting you. Elites are harder than bosses, final boss Diablo is easiest boss (wtf?), etc.
    - questing is very linear, do the same story 4X on a single character, repeat for all five classes
    - zoom feature really sucks, you have the choice between looking at your toon normal (extremely small) or zoomed-in (very small), no custom zoom, no way to see your gear close up without logging out of the game to the hero screen
    - forced to start your character at easymode and repeat entire game each time to reach next difficutly

Neutral:

. stats are automatically assigned by the game when you level according to your class
    . chosen skills can be switched at anytime (with a short cooldown)
  63. Aug 22, 2012
    Unfortunately a disaster. Repetitive and nothing that we haven't seen in other hack and slash games. Good visuals but nothing more. Good story but too few classes. You get bored efter 2 weeks
  64. Sep 4, 2012
    The luster begins to quickly fade as the game's soul seems to be as absent as it's namesake's. While a great attempt at recreating what made it's predecessors so successful, this game is bogged down ultimately by one thing, the Auction House.

What made Diablo fun, was the excitement of finding new and unique gear, and the auction house has taken that hunt away from players. The best gear is flooded into the market and players are transported far beyond what they normally would find. Then, instead of a major upgrade every few hours of play, all the player has to look forward to is a minor one, every few days.

The real money auction house has done even worse. It has made balance more important to the developers than the feeling of power that made Diablo so much fun to play. If you find a great way to slaughter the denizens of evil within the world of Diablo, you can count on the developers "fixing" it, to protect the balance of the auction house.

Perhaps it can be salvaged into something close to it's predecessors, but not likely while the auction house remains.

Let's hope that it becomes clear to the developers. Lets hope they are humble enough to listen and hear. The game has potential, but it hasn't reached it yet.
  65. Sep 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is not a bad game. It's main problem is that the rewards come more from the AH or the RMAH than from the pure gameplay. If you are a purist of the "I use only what I loot", good luck! Be ready to grind more than in a Korean mmo. Seriously. The real fun in diablo 3 is when you are already well equipped and so you can wipe dozens of monsters with a single hit. The graphic is good,Diablo 3 is not a bad game. It's main problem is that the rewards come more from the AH or the RMAH than from the pure gameplay. If you are a purist of the "I use only what I loot", good luck! Be ready to grind more than in a Korean mmo. Seriously. The real fun in diablo 3 is when you are already well equipped and so you can wipe dozens of monsters with a single hit. The graphic is good, the sound is excellent, you may experience quite often some lag due to the forced online singleplayer. If you can bear that and you like to grind like there's no tomorrow, well, Diablo 3 is the game for you. Expand
  66. Sep 24, 2012
    Diablo 3, somewhat a step back from diablo 2.

Diablo 3, somewhat a step back from diablo 2.

Though the graphics is much better, many of the original aspect of the game is lacking. First would be the skills and character build customization. With every patch, it just seems blizzard is changing the skills enough so people would stop using their current configuration and adopt a different one. Although it is debatable not selecting stats was a good thing, I feel it was just missing an aspect for you to actually explore different built path. Because of how they worked scaling, there could really be one stat allocation method anyways. So I guess it is a fine thing they locked the stats lvling since 90% of the stats come from equip anyways.

Diablo 3 had a rough start at first. Now Blizzard is putting forth more changes and making big improvements to the system. Now there are slightly more balanced skills minus some obvious mistakes of changing 300% to 1500% more damage (as the primary thing that pissed me off, how did they even release it like this). Regardless things are getting over simplified, skills are almost all the same across all players of the same class with every patch. Tried to make people have a choice, but in the end a few clicks away and change the entire build to adjust to the patch changes.

Crafting system for equipment is beyond terrible now. People can easily find ilvl 63 items and hope to get something alright than get a godly ilvl62 crafted item which is just equiv in stats to that ilvl 63. Diablo 3 did do well with letting people have individual drops. The norm and nightmare mode is reasonable for difficulty as well, letting fresh players have a lot of fun playing it. After that it is mostly gear grind or just spend a little on the auction house to get all the top gear and breeze through the difficulties (another aspect that really annoyed me, RMAH)
  67. Sep 25, 2012
    I give this a 5 because it just can't seem to fall on one side of the fence towards good or bad. This game was very fun and new for Act 1, but it just becomes numbingly empty after that.

Perhaps in the future Blizzard will put out a better Diablo that has learned lessons from games such as Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2!

Come on Blizz, do better next time!
  68. Sep 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game launched with a lot of problems. A LOT of problems. Broken servers, broken AH, weird performance issues. I play on a heavily overclocked 2500k with Crossfire 6950 GPUs. Day one, horrible stuttering when entering games. I even had stuttering on pre-rendered cinematics, and that bug still exists today. There is a bizarre bug with v-sync that if I ever drop below 60 FPS even for half a second, my FPS either gets cut in half to 30 for several seconds, or keeps going at 60 FPS as if v-sync was suddenly turned of. This turns the game into a juddery piece of s*** when it occurrs and totally ruins the experience. That bug STILL EXISTS TODAY and has been well-documented. How do things like this happen with a game that had the budget they did? I really don't get it.

The game itself is okay. In general the classes are fun to play. The 'story' is a complete travesty. I don't know who wrote this thing, but the story and delivery are on par with something like..."The Room". How many times does Kulle have to telegraph that he's going to betray you by laughing maniacally every time he finishes talking? What really killed the game was itemization. You basically have to win the lottery to find an item that is any good or even worth selling. Inferno was so challenging at launch that most people never made it past act 1. People depended on broken specs and exploits to get through. Botters and exploiters have absolutely ruined the gold economy. Items that would be a solid upgrade for me now cost 50 million gold or higher. There is something truly effed when I can't buy an item that would really be a good upgrade when I'm sitting on 35 million gold. And guess what. You can't gain a lot of gold unless you sell a really kickass item. But wait, remember that the loot rolls are so random that I play a few hours every day with a good amount of MF and find an item that sells for around 10 million gold...oh, about once a month.

Lately, Blizzard has shown some interest in making things better. The 1.05 patch and 1.04 really seem to put forth some effort to improve the experience. However, for many players it's just too little, too late. Seriously, it's months later, and the changes in these last 2 patches should have been what the game launched with. Still no PvP or even word when it should be expected.

I actually still have fun with the game, so that's something. They seem to be committed to fixing the problems and what players don't like. But until that really happens, I can only give this game an average rating. Maybe with the expansion (and we all know one is coming) they will get it right from the start. After the utter s***fest that is Mists of Pandaland, I'm not holding my breath.
  69. Aug 22, 2013
    I must be one of the few gamers reviewing this game who didnt much like or play Diabolo 2. D2 was BORING. It was repetitive. The sound effects were annoying. The graphics sucked. The story was stupid, and combat was either too easy or too hard. Not only that, the skill trees were confusing, the classes were irritating and there was no kind 'role playing' in the game at all. The thing thatI must be one of the few gamers reviewing this game who didnt much like or play Diabolo 2. D2 was BORING. It was repetitive. The sound effects were annoying. The graphics sucked. The story was stupid, and combat was either too easy or too hard. Not only that, the skill trees were confusing, the classes were irritating and there was no kind 'role playing' in the game at all. The thing that Diabolo 2 did well was LOOT. That cube thing! Gems! legendary items. While I didn't much like the game in total, I loved the loot! loot was the one thing Diabolo 2 did well. Diabolo 2 was the KING of loot games. The loot was so good, that even someone who disliked eveything else, actually stuck around to play a bit, just to see what I could find. Whether you could use it or not, every hour it seemed you could find something interesting to look at, stick in the cube and mess around with. Loot in D2 was the best. So what happened Blizzard? Now we have Diabolo 3. All the things that were bad in the last game seem to be better. Yet the thing that was most important. The thing that was fun. the one area in which Diabolo as a franchise outshone every other game in existence has been NERFED!!!!!!!!!! You must be facking kidding! What is this game? Its some kind of conveyor belt of pretty spell effects and boring loot that we are supposed to play? No cube? No sockets? No set pieces? No legendaries? No NOTHING in the one area where Diabolo was worth playing???? Do i get it right that this game was designed to be boring so that we would pay cash to buy things that we used to have fun finding. that doesn't make any sense. Buying items gives ZERO sense of satisfaction. If you buy an item you only feel like you wasted real money on some data, that we get for free in every other possible game we play under the sun? This is not game design. THIS IS ZERO FUN. Zero fun equals zero score guys. Who ever is responsible for this needs to go and find a job doing else, because they clearly don't understand games. Hey developers please don't be so cynical, so mean spirited, so corporate, so compromised, so petty, so nasty, so explotative, so cruel! Stop measuring success on unit sales and annual turnover. With the kind of budget power Blizzard has, you could have made a game so much better than Torchlight 2. You got outgunned by a team with 10% of your budget, but 5000% more integrity! what a pack of utter, spineless losers this team is, their boss's member deep up their collective rear end. Hang your heads in shame! If you can't make the game you want to make quit and find a place where you can. If your boss has bad values, quit and stop helping him exploit you to exploit his customers! Show some spine and integrity! Your whole team should compose a letter of denunciation and leave en-masse. Maybe then we can forgive you for this joyless auction house with bloom effects tacked on. 1/10 for those things that were improved. 3 very quiet claps for that

70. Oct 7, 2012
    While its not a horrible game, its nowhere near the greatness that was Diablo 2. Its been turned into a money making masses game that caters to casual players and asks that people give blizzard even more money through the real money auction house. While its mildly interesting for a while, the people that enjoyed Diablo 2 for its depth and longevity will quickly realise how shallow andWhile its not a horrible game, its nowhere near the greatness that was Diablo 2. Its been turned into a money making masses game that caters to casual players and asks that people give blizzard even more money through the real money auction house. While its mildly interesting for a while, the people that enjoyed Diablo 2 for its depth and longevity will quickly realise how shallow and actually rushed the game was. As I write this the game STILL doesnt have PVP and the endgame is an utter joke and a horribly bad joke at that. The blizzard I used to respect didnt release a game until it was finished and after playing through the game til the end which doesnt take very long, you're kind of left scratching your head. Diablo 2 had rinse and repeat gameplay but for as many hours as I put into that game, I never leveled a character to 99 and even though I would leave the game for a while, a month later and the game was still fun to go back to. In diablo 3, I leveled my character to 60 in under a week and after hours of grinding without any new levels, they decide to finally add paragon levels which added about 4 more hours of gameplay for me personally. After I solo killed Diablo on Inferno, theres literally only grinding left. No PVP and just no fun. No fun quests to add sockets, to give skill points, anything like that.

If you havent played the Diablo series at all and are new to hack n slash games, I would say its not a bad purchase if you just want some mindless fun with friends for month or so. The game looks good and runs well. The game mechanics are easy enough to pick up and play without any problems, but honestly, this personal review is aimed at people that havent played the game yet and are curious about picking it up as the hardcore fans have all typically played and decided whether or not its worth another 100 hours. In the end, its not the sequel fans wanted or were waiting for in my opinion and Jay Wilson should probably take responsibility for letting down the true fans of the game. Also, while it does offer some fun, at this point I think there are better options such as Torchlight 2 which only drains your funds by 20$ for at least just as much fun.
  71. Nov 15, 2012
    Well inplementing a Paragon System or a Monster Power System doesnt cure the Games horrendous, unfair and unsatisfying Design. Online Requirement... Well what if im on a Vacation and i wanna Farm some Gold or items and i have the needs and the DVD and the ALLREADY Online activated Game with me to play, why cant i do so ? I PAID FOR IT! Am i simply not allowed to play it ? Seriously, thisWell inplementing a Paragon System or a Monster Power System doesnt cure the Games horrendous, unfair and unsatisfying Design. Online Requirement... Well what if im on a Vacation and i wanna Farm some Gold or items and i have the needs and the DVD and the ALLREADY Online activated Game with me to play, why cant i do so ? I PAID FOR IT! Am i simply not allowed to play it ? Seriously, this should count as a Crime, badly, it doesnt! Expand
  72. Nov 15, 2012
    A solid third installment of the franchise with the gameplay still enjoyable. However the major changes made by Blizzard to character development and the way you grind weapons (also introducing Auction House) stink of greedy business ideas and just trying to make as much $$$ off of a brand without actually making a great game.
  73. Nov 19, 2012
    Face it. You bought Diablo 3 expecting a hack and slash. It's repetitive. That's what Diablo 2 and the first one was. Just killing endless mobs to advance through the level. But there was ONE THING that shone through the first two games: the loot. Back in Diablo II, you could expect a set piece or two with some decent loot when you went through your Meph runs, later to be Baal runs. DiabloFace it. You bought Diablo 3 expecting a hack and slash. It's repetitive. That's what Diablo 2 and the first one was. Just killing endless mobs to advance through the level. But there was ONE THING that shone through the first two games: the loot. Back in Diablo II, you could expect a set piece or two with some decent loot when you went through your Meph runs, later to be Baal runs. Diablo III has ruined the loot system. You can spend hours before you find an upgrade. Most of your upgrades will likely be from the Auction House. I have no problems with the rune skill system compared to the skill tree in Diablo II, it usually boiled down to one most efficient build anyway. But the class balance is terrible. I'm played a wizard for my main character, always overshadowed by barbarians, but in all honesty the class that needs some love is the monk. As of 1.0.5., the current stance of Blizzard is "We feel monks are currently fine as they are". 1.0.5. also saw the better loot drops by capping Inferno's item levels at 58, but you will still run through hours without finding anything sellable. The game isn't dead, it probably still has more players than Torchlight II, the supposed Diablo killer that now only has 5-7k concurrently, but the player numbers are EXTREMELY low for a Diablo game. In summary: Loot is TERRIBLE compared to the last two Diablos and class system needs a lot of work. I doubt we'll see that soon with the current Cheng Wilson combo as leads. Expand
  74. Aug 19, 2013
    My Honest Review:

Positive: + The Battle is fluid, Solid. But to much explosion. + No More loading screen + Better Graphics Negative: - Artstyle was reduced to cater children, nothing dark, no fright at all, WoW like big shoulders - 4 Player coop (Designed for ease of Console porting) - Always online - Simplification and linear on itemization with simplified elements. Your
    My Honest Review:

+ The Battle is fluid, Solid. But to much explosion.
    + No More loading screen
    + Better Graphics

- 4 Player coop (Designed for ease of Console porting)
    - Always online
    - Simplification and linear on itemization with simplified elements.
    Your class needs main stats, vitality, crits, attack speed.
    Like WoW, higher level item will always better than the lower one.
    Because higher level item offer more Stats which is simple because Diablo 3 itemization is all about stacking those stat, making itemization nothing more than stat sticks.
    Every other classes and build use this kind of item. There is no build defining item.
    - Templated Character progression
    - Demon Lords acts childlike, yapping all around.
    - Grind for Gold
    - There is really no build till this day
    - No PVP
    - Addition of cooldowns in everything.
    - Cannot Deactivate Cinematics, you have to constantly pressing esc to skip them.
    - Limited to 6 skill on choice (Designed for ease of Console porting)
    - NO builds.
    - One dimensional Gem to socket.
    With the simplified stat that each class chooses, every player are pigeonholed to use only certain gemstone because gemstones only offer stats.
    So the only stat usable is mainstat of that classes.
    So its a no brainer that a class will without a doubt uses that gemstone.
  75. Dec 11, 2012
    While the end game has gotten much better with the recent patches, the glaring issues that drag it down are more than numerous. No offline play, server downtime for maintenance, lag, and the inability to build a character truly as your own make this a disappointment compared to Diablo II. Torchlight II offers more for your money and a better gameplay experience.
  76. Jan 11, 2013
    Diablo 3 is ok but it is nothing compared to the past Diablo games. There are also other games like torch light 2 which are better and cheaper. Diablo 3 is just a waste of money, the only thing you will be getting is disappointment.
  77. Feb 5, 2013
    I'm sure people are woundering why so many hate this game or simply why the critics say its so great. Yet almost every gamer is against it, now I'm a fan of the first two diablos, especially the second diablo. Whats happened in diablo three is that blizzard tried to take the series in a new direction. Which is what the second diablo did, but kept with what made diablo one so great and thatI'm sure people are woundering why so many hate this game or simply why the critics say its so great. Yet almost every gamer is against it, now I'm a fan of the first two diablos, especially the second diablo. Whats happened in diablo three is that blizzard tried to take the series in a new direction. Which is what the second diablo did, but kept with what made diablo one so great and that was the ablity to put skill points into verying skill trees which would change how the game played out. How diablo three does it is by using a system like WoW in which most skills and attributes are gained as one levels. So basically to make the game harder and in their minds to create more replay value. Which the only thing it really does is make people either farm for a certain point in the game in which their character gets one shoted at the very beginning of the level. Or to try and play through another few times to see what other loot comes with a higher difficulty. Which leads into the other issue diablo 3 has, its difficulty sittings are for force play. Just like the characters blizzard is trying to make it have more replay value but it doesn't pan out. If you've played the first two games you can plainly see through the story and basically know the ending by the end of the first level. For anyone else who is just now joining the series you probably won't get it until later on. Over all the game in itself is good, the art work that blizzard is known for shines and the game play is good. But it isn't a diablo game. If anything it should have been marketed as a different game since the only real connection between this game and its predecessor is the cookie cuter story. If they had changed the name and created a whole new series then I'd give it a 8 out of 10. But since its supposed to be diablo and the soul of it has been changed so that collections of new players can enjoy it more. It gets a 5 out of 10 Expand
  78. Mar 7, 2013
    What can I say, if this game was to diablo2 what diablo2 was to the first diablo, it would be a perfect 10, but sadly, blizzard doesn't deliver this time.
    Except from the issues at launch, and the always on DRM, the service has been good. Where my main issue lies is with the itemization. Instead of grinding for better gear, you grind for gold so you can buy better gear, and that's nowhere near as fun, even though the combat system is one of the best hack n slash experiences ever.

For an expansion, I'd like to see an option to switch off auction house (with the reward being higher dropchances), I'd like an option to disable all the ingame cutscenes (before bosses etc. they get really annoying after your 100th playthrough). And I'd like better itemization, like runewords, chance to drop all kinds of quality gems (albeit a really low chance), and maybe add charms to the game?
  79. Mar 9, 2013
    For art this gets a 9, for effort a 10, but for fun it gets a 5 and that is what matters. The story pulls you through about 15-20 hours of play then, your done. Thats right. 15-20 hours and then you will get bored. Nice job blizzard you over polished a game with about 20 hours of play.
  80. Mar 16, 2013
    The gameplay, while amusing the first time through, isn't good or varied enough to warrant repeat playthroughs, which definitely hurt a game that is about loot grinding. No randomization, and an absolutely broken launch also brought this one down. Things are smoothed out now server-wise, and they've dragged the game up out of the gutter with the inclusion of a new secondary levelingThe gameplay, while amusing the first time through, isn't good or varied enough to warrant repeat playthroughs, which definitely hurt a game that is about loot grinding. No randomization, and an absolutely broken launch also brought this one down. Things are smoothed out now server-wise, and they've dragged the game up out of the gutter with the inclusion of a new secondary leveling system, but it's still 'tacked-on' feeling. They still have a way to go before this becomes something that keeps people playing. Expand
  81. May 6, 2013
    Initially, this game was quite fun. Maybe it was the fact that I had waited for 4 years constantly checking the news for any indicators on its release date.

Pros: Great graphics. Combat feels good Great character animations Fluid combat Negatives: Terrible endgame Lack of 8 player games you can name create yourself like Diablo 2 had Awful gear and droprates No PVP at

Pros:
    Great graphics.
    Combat feels good
    Great character animations
    Fluid combat

Negatives:
    Terrible endgame
    Lack of 8 player games you can name create yourself like Diablo 2 had
    Awful gear and droprates
    No PVP at release big letdown
    No harassment pvp like Diablo 2 had
    No open world PVP like Diablo 2 had

The number one disappointment for me though was the lack of a Diablo feel. The story was laughable. The villains were just ridiculous and cartoony, in a bad way. The music was overly epic and didn't fit the Diablo feel. A lot of the game felt a bit like World of Warcraft. In fact there were even naga type enemies in Act 2. One of them had a laughably awful line, "YOU WILL NOT GET INTO THE AQUEDUCT!" or something along those lines.

Overall, just skip the game if you loved Diablo 1 or 2. If you never played the original Diablo games, this is a pretty average game, but I think everyone expected better from Blizzard.
  82. Jun 16, 2013
    How great this game would have been if it had been long enough to allow for your character to reach level 60 before you actually reached the end. As a diablo virgin, I leave this game scratching my head wondering what all the fuss has been about. I paid 60 dollars to play a 4 act game and got my character to the mid 30's, then learned to reach the level cap I had to play the same gameHow great this game would have been if it had been long enough to allow for your character to reach level 60 before you actually reached the end. As a diablo virgin, I leave this game scratching my head wondering what all the fuss has been about. I paid 60 dollars to play a 4 act game and got my character to the mid 30's, then learned to reach the level cap I had to play the same game but at a harder level. Same dialogue, same NPC characters... same story. I played through again and STILL was not at level cap. This is award winning game design? As much as I wanted to play the other characters I can't stomach having to go through the same acts 3-4 times each. Now it can be argued that the whole thing is just a loot grab. But I ask why can't the process of grabbing said loot be less monotonous? This game is half the size it should be. Expand
  83. Jul 23, 2013
    pros:
    - a much awaited Diablo sequel. I know I wanted this game for 10 years
    - very fast loading - decent graphics - coop cons: - there are too few skills to play around in each class and once the difficulty romps up the options are taken out completely - unless you want to double/tripple/quadriple boring farming of the same areas you must use in game auction. that in turn leads
    pros:
    - a much awaited Diablo sequel. I know I wanted this game for 10 years
    - very fast loading
    - decent graphics
    - coop

cons:
    - unless you want to double/tripple/quadriple boring farming of the same areas you must use in game auction. that in turn leads to mudflation. now in 2013 it is possible to get end game gear that allows easy entry into inferno(mp++) with no effort. Getting said gear on your own is impossible. The time spend auctioning is wasted. I'd rather be playing the game then the auction house with virtual items... it is basicly an in game character editor/cheat system that takes hours instead of minutes to get desired results.
    - in 2013 I've acquired enough power to kill anything in the game in under 50 hours solo leaving me with no challenge ahead or desire to play
    - there is noticeable lag related issues like getting killed by unknown force and attacks not registering fast enough leading to death even with latency below 150 in single player.
    - diablo 2 mega annoying random boss system is back but now that players do not have to instant refresh skills and the whole system being much much slower than d2 which isnt a good thing.
    - the only thing that was improved over d2 is graphics and even that is arguable as instead of dark hellish feel the game now feels like WoW.
    - all the maps are now static ...
    - character development does not exist/removed

the rest is imo:
    - an alright game to play once on normal. The rest of the difficulties area actually easier than normal and feature exactly the same content. For me who played d1/d2 a lot d3 feels like a sluggish version of the same game with extra quirks due to internet lag and included in game cheat system called auction house. Characters terribly lack customization options.
  84. Aug 5, 2013
    I really wanted to love this game, but with my bad internet connection and the always online requirement I couldn't. When I had good signal I had a good time, not as much fun as I had in D2, but fun none the less.
  85. Sep 7, 2013
    1-60 I found it to be a near perfect game. Classes felt distinct. Action was nicely paced. Gear mattered but didn't roadblock you. Everything you could wish for. Its after Inferno that the overall quality took a nose dive. Gear roadblocks, poor drop rates, over-emphasis on using gold/money to buy gear from other players. Really killed my enjoyment. Great game at the start, but god1-60 I found it to be a near perfect game. Classes felt distinct. Action was nicely paced. Gear mattered but didn't roadblock you. Everything you could wish for. Its after Inferno that the overall quality took a nose dive. Gear roadblocks, poor drop rates, over-emphasis on using gold/money to buy gear from other players. Really killed my enjoyment. Great game at the start, but god un-fun pretty quick once paragon levels starts. Hoping the loot and some class skills get a second look. Really a shame to have such a good base game fall off so hard. Expand
  86. Oct 17, 2013
    The first Diablo game that I didn't become addicted to playing. The good: smooth gameplay, some fun new monsters and abilities, more detailed landscapes. The cut scenes were also beautiful and exciting....only to be ruined by the terrible plot in-game. Yes, the game's main purpose is hack-and-slash and players don't want too much exposition, but the attempts at bringing the story togetherThe first Diablo game that I didn't become addicted to playing. The good: smooth gameplay, some fun new monsters and abilities, more detailed landscapes. The cut scenes were also beautiful and exciting....only to be ruined by the terrible plot in-game. Yes, the game's main purpose is hack-and-slash and players don't want too much exposition, but the attempts at bringing the story together felt like a joke. Obvious and cliche plot twsts. More bad: always online DRM in single player, inconsistency of atmosphere, nothing special about new locations (another boring desert? Seriously?). Hopefully the designers of the next game will realize there are more important things to a game than just changing the interface and general gameplay. 5/10 Expand
  87. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (1/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (1/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (2/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (0/2)

Wildcard -1)

88. Dec 11, 2013
    First impression is good, altough dumbed down compared to part 2. graphics and sound are good, but then you start to notice there are very few good item drops, and they all boil down to the same. one good build per class which is afwul, and after a while very repetetive with no incentive to continue after you hit level 60. Drops are afwul, 4 times the same legendary crap item after a weekFirst impression is good, altough dumbed down compared to part 2. graphics and sound are good, but then you start to notice there are very few good item drops, and they all boil down to the same. one good build per class which is afwul, and after a while very repetetive with no incentive to continue after you hit level 60. Drops are afwul, 4 times the same legendary crap item after a week of playing? come on!! Expand
  89. Dec 22, 2013
    Yeah, this is how i feel about this game after reading the reviews, then got the game because i want to play it anyways. "Derrrrrrhh derrh derrrpp derpp hurrrpp..hulp..durhur."
  90. May 27, 2014
    Review as of May 2014 by a non-fanboy who never played Diablo nor Diablo 2. I think maybe the closest game I've played to this was Dungeon Siege I & II back in the day.

In Diablo 3 you only have 1 AI follower at a time, except if you play with friends, but even then, the gameplay boils down to INFINITE grinding and looting. The different classes have some depth, but you'll eventually find your favourite 4 active skills and 3 passive skills and there's little incentive to change your play style, especially on higher difficulties where you need to be fast and precise and not be burdened by experimenting around. Nevertheless, the combat is ok, the 4 active skills you can choose at a time (from a wider offer which you keep unlocking as you level up) provide some strategy opportunity, but really it comes down to either you can kill the monsters or you need to escape and lower the game difficulty. The different locations are really not particularly interesting, and the progress through them is very linear. The story and its presentation is SHOCKINGLY poor! It's basically a poor excuse to allow to unlock new paths (always very linear, btw) and keep progressing. Progressing? I should say keep grinding and looting. And the allure of looting better stuff can only motivate you so much.

There is not much lore, interesting side quests, characters or really RPG elements other than combat stats. If you expect an adventure with an interesting story and characters, you'll find none of this, I fear. Instead, this boils down to infinite grinding of monsters. Even if you play with friends, which I haven't, I don't know that you'll get much out of it other than keep grinding to get loot in order to keep grinding and keep getting loot... Frankly, I finished the single player out of spite for the money I spent, which was not a cheap amount... I was not left with good memories.
  91. Jul 9, 2014
    Good game, but the problem is that it's called "Diablo". Like ARPG is a good game. Internet required and action house is the worst of thus game. The expansion Reaper of Souls saves Diablo III to go hell.
  92. Jul 31, 2014
    After the newest patch and the closure of the auction-house, Diablo 3 is finally playable! (at least when they don't screw with their servers and you are not allowed to play the game you payed for).

The Drop-Rate is ... now more fluid. I don't know if its really better, there are too much golden Items in my opinions and I had a run where I found 3 legendaries in a simple run. Rewarding? Yes, of course but it lessens the worth of it.

The game itself deserves a good 8.0 or at least a 8.5. Its addicting like you would expect and the interactions between the characters (the dialogues) are often nice to hear. THe rest ius common and masterful created addiction for slay and loot.
    The "new" implemented "Paragon-Level" allows you to set your skill-points freely and the rune-Skill-system is still a very nice Idea for switching and testing a mindblowingly number of Skill-Sets!

The music is... unfortunately very forgettable and boring. It sounds like the Soundtrack to a Michael-Bay-Film without the extreme fine nuances and atmosphere-pumping originality of the Diablo 2-Tracks.
    It is even more a regrettable decision by blizzard to implement this trumped-flat-bore-Music-track (that you will hear in every other "big bugdet"-title nowadays), because ALL people I know turned the music down after max 2 weeks. It's a shame that there is no way to implement the great Soundtracks of Diablo 2 or Warcraft (yes, these fit surprisingly well!).

Like I said: The game itself deserves a nice amount of applause. The rest of it - especially the poor support! deserve a hateful middlefinger!
    Direct Support for Connection-Errors, Suggestions or Mod-Support (I know... what where I thinking?) or other simple questions are IMPOSSIBLE to get!
    the "Support"-Site is a Joke, you are always redirected to the forums where other people already opened similar questions and waiting for help until no help arrives and their Topic gets closed! Critical topics are getting deleted of course. In one word: Censorship.

It's sometimes hilarious to watch how the community gets shat in the face and foced to eat the dump, but rages against the people who don't want to get treated like cattle. So, the community and the company are nearly the worst I have met in my entire lifetime (nearly horrid as the CoD-Kiddies).

I am very glad the game was a gift and it didn't cost that much.

Oh wait... did I mention the overprized DLC?! A DLC that is MORE EXPENSIVE than the main-game?!
    Unbelievable!

And the award to the most hostile and greedy Company goes to... EA.. .. I meant: Blizzard!
    **** YOU **** No more money from me!
  93. Aug 5, 2014
    As a huge fan of first 2 Diablo games I bought this the moment it was released and I was basically disappointed on every level. While I finished the game and I enjoyed the ride a bit, it took me 2 days and I never had a feeling I should go through it again, or even try out different classes. I finished first 2 Diablo games like 50 times replayed them to death simply because it was soAs a huge fan of first 2 Diablo games I bought this the moment it was released and I was basically disappointed on every level. While I finished the game and I enjoyed the ride a bit, it took me 2 days and I never had a feeling I should go through it again, or even try out different classes. I finished first 2 Diablo games like 50 times replayed them to death simply because it was so amazing, addictive, fun and just extremely replayable, but Diablo 3 lacks all that magic. I never had an urge to go back and through that again. Maybe it's the kiddie colorful visuals, gone is the darkness of the first Diablo, it kills all the atmosphere and where is that cult music? Diablo had one of the best soundtracks ever created for a videogame and Diablo 2 was also fantastic. I don't remember absolutely anything about the music in Diablo 3, so bland, average and completely forgettable. It seems mostly new team consisting of very different people compared to previous games were responsible for creation of this and it definitely shows. This is leagues worse than previous games from the series. Also, if you add that always-online DRM bs that Blizzard pulled off, you get the urge to go to red numbers with the final score, but I'm trying to stay objective, the game wasn't really all that bad, but it just wasn't even nearly as good as previous Diablo games, not even close. 5/10 Expand
  94. Dec 16, 2014
    Unfortunately bears little resemblence to Diablo 1 & 2 in concept and execution beneath the glossy surface. What Diablo 3 has going for it, is the fluid and enjoyable combat dynamics, but what's against it is tremendous.

It launched with an Auction House that made it a glorified trading simulator with an Action RPG backend. The Auction House was removed at a point when many had already lost interest in the game, and we were left with a linear, repetitive storyline and a game that needed massive and regular rebalancing, leading me to wonder what Blizzard did all those (10!) years this game was in development?

Beyond the game balance issues, the item issues (a cornerstone to this kind of game), it had a very simple character attribute system put in the game's control, so you had few ways to influence the way your character developed beyond the gear. This made the game become extremely gear focused and dependant -- even a fireball skill would depend on how much damage an equipped axe would do! Completely defying logic.

Most concering of all, was that the original games suffered from none of these issues, and they were likely the result of a game development team having more experience from MMO games and World of Warcraft, than hardcore Diablo gaming.

In short, it looks like a Diablo, but it doesn't play much like one.

The lead game director was later pulled from this project, and a glimmer of hope was lit in its expansion: Reaper of Souls. Unfortunately, few of the redeeming qualities in that expansion (Adventure Mode, the Rift system) trickled down to this poor humpbacked game.
  95. Jan 11, 2015
    Wizards and monks can use same weapons and armor as Barb but barb can't use ranged weapons, wands or staffs. In both my groups the barb has become pointless due to overpowering wizard using spear and shield and monk using some sort of polearm coupled with his skills. My barb can't keep up even using a two handed weapon. Doesn't make any sense that the barb is limited while the others areWizards and monks can use same weapons and armor as Barb but barb can't use ranged weapons, wands or staffs. In both my groups the barb has become pointless due to overpowering wizard using spear and shield and monk using some sort of polearm coupled with his skills. My barb can't keep up even using a two handed weapon. Doesn't make any sense that the barb is limited while the others are not in their weapon and armor choices. Who ever heard of a wizard using a shield? I'm sure this is a good game overall but I can't see past the unfairness to the barbarian. If I wasn't committed to two groups right now I probably would stop playing. Couple this with the fact I can't play without an internet connection and this feels like a waste of money. Expand
  96. Jul 23, 2015
    1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's all I can say about this game. I'm a huge Diablo fan, but even after over a year of fixing, this game isn't as good as D2. The whole time I'm playing it, I feel like I'm playing a tablet game that's trying to sell me gold, or berries, or whatever. Heroes of the Storm has more tactical depth. They DID do a few things right. The mini-boss battles1 step forward, 2 steps back. That's all I can say about this game. I'm a huge Diablo fan, but even after over a year of fixing, this game isn't as good as D2. The whole time I'm playing it, I feel like I'm playing a tablet game that's trying to sell me gold, or berries, or whatever. Heroes of the Storm has more tactical depth. They DID do a few things right. The mini-boss battles are more varied and interesting. The monster abilities are cooler. The monster AI is better. The controls are tighter. It's clear that they were trying. It seems like they were on their way to a good game when management stopped them halfway through and asked them to turn it into Candy Crush.

I had all sorts of trepidation when I heard about the real-money auction house. I knew what they would have to turn the game into in order for the AH to be a big money maker. It turns out those fears were true. I hope now that Blizzard is no longer under Vivendi they can go back to making good games rather than running an elaborate online slot machine.
  97. Oct 23, 2015
    Matar, matar, matar, matar... Y matar? No tiene mucho más, las recompensas vienen solas y la campaña no tiene prácticamente sentido a no ser que te hayas pasado el juego de hace muchos años ya... Y la única rejugabilidad que tiene, es pasártelo con más nivel, y si no tienes internet amigo mío... Me da que no juegas!
  98. Feb 18, 2016
    I never was a big fan of Diablo or Blizzard in general, but with all the hype surrounding this game I finally decided to give it a try... and I will probably never return to this series again. It was a linear grind fest. The only good thing is the combat, because that's what you're gonna do all the time - clicking your enemies to death, so the developers had to make sure there's enoughI never was a big fan of Diablo or Blizzard in general, but with all the hype surrounding this game I finally decided to give it a try... and I will probably never return to this series again. It was a linear grind fest. The only good thing is the combat, because that's what you're gonna do all the time - clicking your enemies to death, so the developers had to make sure there's enough customizable abilities to not bore you to death after the first hour. The DRM and unnecessary always-online restriction made it feel like it's a wannabe MMO, I'd rather play Path of Exile if I want that. Exploring the maps felt like a chore, the looting is not rewarding most of the time, 75% of interactive objects are empty, there's no pay off for checking every corner. To me Sacred 2 (which came out 4 years before D3) is far better than this. Some fanboys will argue that it's not the same genre, cause S2 has an open world and D3 is a "dungeon crawler" even though everything else works in almost the same way - from camera angle, tons of loot, hordes of enemies, to combat and skills. I won't be playing future Diablo games for sure if they're gonna stick to this formula of randomly generated areas, **** all your progress on the map if you quit the game" and "always be logged in online to play a singleplayer". What year is this? Expand
  99. Mar 27, 2016
    Disappointing is the word. 10 years waiting after the release of Diablo II and we get a game with terrible story-line, terrible characters, terrible classes and talent/skill system, it's boring to level up and the Acts are no interesting at all, no pvp at all even 4 years after release... Honestly, even if this game is 10 years newer, Diablo II is 10 times better.

With that said, this

With that said, this isn't a completely terrible game. It's a Blizzard game and thus there's a lot of work into it and you can feel that in the cutscenes, the music, the ambientation, and keeps the essence of hack and slash and slaying monsters in huge groups and the controls are quite nice, it would be an ok game if it wasn't named Diablo, but it is just so disappointing to the saga involving in this way after how good Diablo I and Diablo II were.

1. Aug 31, 2012