3.9

1. May 21, 2012
    There are only 2 things that I can complain about.
    1- Why Blizz made Normal mode i can go pass it with finger in my as*.
    2- I start playing 20 may becouse there are no copies in my country in any shop (poor Blizzard)
  2. May 21, 2012
    Thank you for many years has been worth bekledgınıze sticks his palm perfectly yalasınlar bilizzard the lowest score in those consoles Happy varsın I think they are mainly
  3. May 21, 2012
    Good game, what a difference that write bad about it? Use your head and evaluate for yourself! The main let fix some problems with lags, which are sometimes...
  4. May 21, 2012
    This is a perfect sequel. I've been a Diablo fan since its inception so many years ago and have continued playing Diablo 2 of and on through the years until 7 months ago. Diablo 3 meets and exceeds every single one of my hopes and expectations for the game. I have played all 5 characters and each one shines in its own way. The Monk, Wizard, and Demon Hunter, though, are tied for my favorites. The gameplay, visuals, and sound are all remarkable.

The gameplay is simple, elegant, but satisfying. As a dungeon crawler you quickly run through randomly generated corridors blasting monsters to bits and obtaining glorious loot.

The visuals are stunning. At times I find myself standing on the edge of a cliff just marveling at the distant shrines, river, or rainbow. The visual effects of all the skills combines to make a perfect canvas to beat down foes against.

The sound is spectacular! Ambient creepy overtones with perfectly places music over top the splattering and exploding objects and death cries of the monsters. The soundscape is perfectly painted.

And even still, there are so many other loves I have of this sequel that I don't want to get into: shared stash and gold, storytelling on-the-go, skills and runes, crafting...

I love this game. :-)
  5. May 21, 2012
    To those who are new to the series, pay little attention to the unfavorable reviews of the game (most of which are poorly written, defended inadequately and generally pretty hateful). The game really is a work of art in many respects. The environments are rich in detail, destructible and engaging. The combat is a thing of glory â
  6. May 21, 2012
    The lag issues that have persisted during peak hours is certainly a nuisance, but that hasn't stopped me from logging 30 hours into the game since its release. That's more than can be said of many offline, moddable games with LAN-support that I've played.
  7. May 21, 2012
    Plenty of hack-n-slash antics and piles of shiny loot, just another day in Sanctuary. I don't really understand the always-online uproar, generaly speaking most computers are on a constant connection these days anyways. I think there is a knee-jerk reaction to all DRM these days, it reminds me of the people who whinned about Steam when it made the scene. And I don't mind the lack of modding, as many people tend to use it just for farming items (or just straight up cherry picking them into thier inventory). Finally, to people complainning about graphics I don't think we're playing the same game. Expand
  8. May 21, 2012
    Seems like we have 33% of people expecting WoW 2, 33% expecting Skyrim (A single player RPG) and 33% who actually know what Diablo is. A MULTIPLAYER hacknslash.

I don't judge a game by its servers on the first week. I judge it by its content, and its content is perfect. The skill system is truly revolutionary and has blown the old talent tree system out of the water.

Never before have 5
    classes felt so unique, and with such endless combos and possibilities. It is simply remarkable.

Haters gunna hate, the truth is Blizzard have another masterpiece.
  9. May 21, 2012
    Like many others, I found the launch day connectivity issues quite troublesome; however, that doesn't change the fact that this is an amazing game.

I have played through the game on normal difficulty once as a monk and found the combat to be fast paced and enjoyable. I think there is a good variety in the numbers and compositions of the groups of enemies you fight. Though you can only
    have six abilities usable at one time, I find there to be a large and viable variety in which abilities you pick and how you use them. Abilities can be augmented by runes you pick up as you level. The random loot system works well, but there might a little too much white and grey quality items that drop, causing the player to either use town portal to go back to town and sell/salvage/store items, drop lower quality items in favor of higher quality items, or to not even pick up some of the lower quality items at all.

I found the voice actors for the main characters to be of high quality and I don't particularly have any objections to the music.

Due to the high level of blood and gore, some people should not buy this game, but if you are unsure I advise buying the game, it is well worth it. Beyond the blood and gore, I find the graphics to be pretty good quality.

I found the story to be engaging from beginning to end. I found the characters to be compelling and interesting, even though I didn't like all of them as people.

The cinematics were at the level I have come to expect from Blizzard: sheer excellence.

In conclusion, this is a great game and well worth the cost.

P.S. I would be shocked if the connectivity problems from launch day occur again, though it is likely that they will take servers down from time to time to perform maintenance.
  10. May 21, 2012
    This game only receives a 5 from me. It was fun for the first few hours but there is no reason to continue playing. The game just doesn't have that addictive feeling that most good games have.
  11. May 21, 2012
    What happened to the good old days when you could enjoy a game for what it is instead of hating it for what it isn't. I judge a game by how fun it is and for me this game is a blast. I grew up with the diablo series and this game fits right in. Is it perfect, no, but everyone needs to quit hating. The world is so negative now days. Try and have some fun.
  12. May 21, 2012
    Hey guys! I'll let you in on a secret here... Diablo III is an amazing game! Blizzard has delivered on every part of their promise to make the game just superb. See all these idiots ranking game with zeros and ones? It's because they are retarded! And now I don't mean it as an insult, really, it's rather obvious. For example Schweinehund (Germans, eh?) over there cries about the game requiring internet connection and rates the game with zero (he probably didn't even get in yet O.o). Why does he buy a game when it expressly says all over the internet for yeaaaaaars that this is gonna be the way that D3 is. Another guy rates with 1 because of graphics AND sounds? O.o Graphics are amazing, it's Blizzard style, so yea, it's a little cartoonish, if you don't like it, your loss. Again, you shouldn't have purchased the game in the first place, videos and images are all over the internet. Not that graphics were really ever any issue if the game is fun, right? And Diablo III is funny as HELL! When it comes to sounds, few games sound better, really. I must admit that soundtrack ain't no Elder Scrolls style nor quality, it's not bad, it doesn't bother but you'll barely notice the music except for a few exceptions. The sound effects on the other hand are fabulous! Every bash and smash (talking 'bout Barbs here), every meteor and blizzard (guess;) sounds just how it should sound and more. There's one thing you have to keep in mind, Diablo III is still a loot-oriented action RPG, right? So if you never enjoyed Diablo II, chances are you won't like D3 either, although it's not a rule in this case. Diablo has seriously evolved in the last twelve years and you'll notice right as you jump into the game. Each level feels rewarding, you have nearly unlimited skill customization options, you steer your character's stats through gearing differently instead of manually distributing points each level. All in all, although I had had my doubt before they released the game, it's better. Every character of a certain class is absolutely the same at the top level, if standing naked with no skills assigned. But when gear and your preferences with spells kick in, you get a completely different character than others have. You can easily switch between solo oriented skill set and party set. There's so much to explore that one playthrough is never enough. Then there is a guy here claiming that normal mode playthrough takes 2 hours, well... even the first act takes double that time if you're rushing, if you're taking it leisurely to actually have some fun along the way, it takes about 6 hours. Anyway, for all of you who aren't retarded and don't buy games that don't suit you when you know they won't, Diablo III is out there, go play and see for yourself. Blizzard did it again! :) Expand
  13. Fix
    May 21, 2012
    This game is very fun and very addicting. It's not often that I get sucked into a game like I have with Diablo 3. Clearing dungeons with groups of people is awesome. I love that gear isn't BOE. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2300+ negative scores are people whining about DRM. I like being able to chat with my battle.net friends from other Blizzard games so I would always be connected to the internet regardless. Also, playing solo isn't nearly as fun as playing in a group. Expand
  14. May 21, 2012
    Played this game since it came out and going to give a very honest review of it not somebody raging about how they can't log in. The point of a review about a game is to review the gameplay, not give opinions about how you dislike a certain marketing choice (the item market) or how you can't log in. From a gameplay standpoint and comparing it to the other games like this that I've played through (Diablo 1,2, and Torchlight) Diablo 3 is superior in all aspects. The game really shows how much development time went into its making. As usual for a Blizzard game it is polished in every way possible and performs brilliantly even on my more mid end laptop. They bring back all of your old favorites character wise which really helps the feeling of nostalgia settle in for us Diablo 1 veterans. But enough about old things we real gamers like new stuff and its Diablo THREE so there must be new fun toys to play with. And there are. Lots of abilities that look and have a great feel to them for all classes. You really feel like you want to play through the game over with each class because you feel like you're missing out if you don't. As far as the feel of the setting goes it is just as dark as ever if not more so. The addition of depth adds a lot to the world of Sanctuary and the gore is off the charts as should be expected of a Diablo game. Seriously while being online all the time might not be super fantastic I have yet to run into a problem with the servers and I've played every day since release so make sure your connection isn't the problem before blaming Blizzard. Other than that its one of the most solid gaming experiences you'll ever have! Enjoy it. Expand
  15. May 22, 2012
    Diablo III was fantastic, it's provided me the most fun I've had in the last year playing a PC game, that's counting Skyrim, ME3 and all the other good games that have come out in the past year. It has fantastic graphics, sound and gameplay, and even though as a longtime Diablo player, I would have liked to see the skill system remain the same way, they changed it and it's completely understandable. If leveling up and grinding through Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno searching for gear is what you want to do, Diablo is the perfect place to do it. Excited for an expansion to continue the story and add more content, but what we've got right now is pretty darn awesome too. Expand
  16. May 22, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. Love the areas, randomization, talking between your character and followers (scoundrel especially). Events are amazing - I played one area for 5 times and always saw different content. Cinematics are great.. Worth the money
  17. May 22, 2012
    Writing this review I am around 40 hours into the game, halfway through nightmare difficulty - I feel like I'm ready to review it. I was a teenager when D1 came out and I was blown away by it spending countless hours in the dungeons and hells spawned under Tristram. Diablo 2 was no different for me and God only knows how many nights I spent playing it. I am a long time fan of the series and I was expecting Diablo 3 with great hesitation - after all can you make a game as good as Diablo 2 13 years later? The answer is simple - Blizzard is a kind of company that knows how to deliver and live up to absolutely crazy expectations... I give this game a 10. And it's not to pump up it's score in view of all the 0 marks given by people pissed off by DRM (I don't question their anger although I'm lucky enough not to have had any major problems apart of initial hours when it was somewhat expected). I give this game a deserved 10 because I haven't had that much fun playing a game for years. Diablo 3 immediately appeals to my nostalgia towards the series reviving all the great memories I have of the previous iterations and yet it brings so many cool new things to the table. The presentation, look and feel of the game are all excellent. Graphics are absolutely beautiful and the landscapes you are going to encounter will leave you breathless. The sound and music suit very well - hellish guitar riffs and ambient music of the desert will make you turn your volume up. The interface is clear, simple and functional. The story is OK, CGI spectacular as always from Blizzard. The skill system is absolutely brilliant - each of your 20 or so skills have several modifier runes often completely changing the skill. The so called Elective Mode lets you mix any combination of those runed skills together which leads to amazing amount of builds... every time you discover a build that works together and pump it up with the right gear it feels like you just invented yet another way to be powerful and is extremely satisfactory. The skill system itself is the big part of the game and one that provides the most fun. It replaced the "gearing game" to some extent - now it's not so much about upgrades of your gear - it's mostly about correct gear for correct set of skills. People see it as "dumbed down" and streamlined, I see it as refreshed and giving the game a whole new aspect. The only negative thing I can say about D3 that it's a bit too short although the replay value is obviously there with increased difficulty levels. I can't wait for the expansion already. So pick your arsenal and start ripping through hordes of demons. If you have a stable connection and patience for occasional down time (which I'm sure will be sorted by Blizzard soon enough) do yourself a favour and buy this game. I guarantee you it will provide you with hundreds of hours of pure fun. Expand
  18. May 22, 2012
    Greatest game ever. I just finish the normal campain and I don't wonna stop me. It's like a drug. I liked story too , and I find a game not so easy like someone write here.
  19. May 22, 2012
    My score has to be 8 (the game is great, but i hope something more from Diablo) but users are so stupid that gives 0 and 0 just for the server error, so my score must be 10.

Great game, thanks blizzard for coming back with Diablo.
  20. May 22, 2012
    Disappointing but correct. Few contents and too much easy. But sounds, graphics and pleasure of bash monsters is present. This game is polished but i repeat , there is few contents.
  21. May 22, 2012
    I've been playing for a week and I love it. The game is paced very well. The action feels fluid and responsive. The loot feel appropriate and the graphics are very nice. Dark catacombs to sun bleached desert sands to demonic slag pits covered in blood and gore. It's all here.

The story is decent. The multiplayer is quite fun. It's trivially easy to jump into your friends games. My friends
    and I can't tear ourselves away from this game. It's fantastic. Expand
  22. May 22, 2012
    As an Avid Diablo fan since the release of the first game. I am pleased with the new skill system, the difficulty and challenge of the final difficulty inferno, fun and the story that Blizzard has provided.

The games lore and story are fantastic, I loved the new characters and the directions old ones have taken. The graphics are beautiful and feel like a breathing painting, the
    characters, skills are all very well done, polished and fun to use. The game is at the point for me where i am struggling to focus on my build and choose which skills i like most. Gone is stacking 20 points into 3-4 skills and the useless skills i had to use in my trees to get to the one i wanted, gone is the tedious spam into vitality and the few points i needed to assign to other attributes to use items. The auction house is a welcome addition and i find a good part of my time exchanging goods on it as well as trying to find a good price for that all important upgrade.

As a core fan of the games, all the things i loved are back and better - i look forward to many years of Diablo III :)

Whilst the game has struggled in the first week to stand up, I'll gladly give it a week so i do not have to deal with the duping, cheating and various other issues that plagued Diablo II. People do not seem to understand why this game is online only, they think it is because of DRM, it is to combat the past issues that have been so common in the last 2 games.
  23. May 22, 2012
    The only real reason why this game has a 4.1 on the User Score is because the launch was "crappy". After 10 years of waiting and having changed the launch day twice people finaly got to play.... atleast they thought so. Unfortunately the servers couldnt hold the 5 million people trying to log in and kept crashing which of-course pissed alot of people off, and in their "being mad" they yust rushed to MetaCritic and clicked the 0, they didnt rate the game for its content they rated it for its start. Diablo III is one of the best games i have seen in a long while, you should definitely check it out and dont look at he user score too much.

Follow me on twitter for more Diablo 3 news and other gaming shenanigans @nielsboschh
  24. May 22, 2012
    Ok, dont listen to people **** the game because of the famous error 37 or something like that, this occur only in the first 24 hours of the launch, since then, the game has no connection bug at all. This game is very well done, graphic and environment are more then epic. Blizzard has done a great job in the gameplay this is the best Hack and Slash i've ever played. I'm going to play this game for years. Deserve a 10/10. Expand
  25. May 22, 2012
    First of all I have to say LMAO to all the hackers and that one guy who's reviewed the game over and over again with a different user, exact same terrible grammar and exact same complaints.

Ok so being a huge fan of Diablo 1 and 2, I was overjoyed when I got access to Diablo 3 Beta and loving every second of my first play through of the beta (played through it plenty of times with all
    classes) I could not wait for the full game (had my collectors edition pre ordered) I got the game and installed and started playing with 0 issues on day 1. Diablo 3 is a fantastic game I like the fact that I don't have to allocate stats because I don't have to guess where to put them or look up builds which btw in Diablo 2 nobody had unique builds, each class only had a couple builds each that worked well. Now I don't need to guess when I'm using a monk hmmmm would it be better to level dex or int, same with the massive skill tree's with almost 0 way to reset points, Diablo 3 has plenty of skills to play around with which you aquire from leveling up, plus 5 rune stones for each skill which modify what the skill does. So let's break this down to actual numbers. Each class has 6 skill catagories 4 of those catagories have 4 skills and 2 have 5 skills that equals 22 skills with 5 modifying rune stones each THEN your character has another 15 passive skills so that's 37 skills per class with 130 ways to modify them so yeah that's a pretty extensive skill system.

Graphics, my only worry about Diablo 3 before playing it was that it was going to look to much like WoW, then I got into the beta and was pleasantly surprised, the graphics are not colorful like WoW there definetly dark like Diablo 2, they aren't state of the art like Battlefield 3 then again Diablo isn't a first person shooter, it's a top down action RPG and for a top down action RPG the graphics are good, the back round environment flows really well with the foreground, the character and monster animations are great.

I see people complaining about the story too, the story is fine, it certainly isn't inferior to Diablo 2's story they are on par with each other.

The sound and music is also fantastic, if I didn't know the team that worked on Diablo 2 wasn't involved with Diablo 3, I would be surprised that they aren't as the same twangy, moody, creepy music is still there and sounds great.

DRM this is where the whiny babies really shined! Ok having to be online to be able to play is annoying when the servers are down, I've been playing since the game came out and I haven't had one issue with the server, maybe its because I don't have time to play the game 24/7 and don't notice every little second of downtime but what I have played on average 2 to 3 hours a day since May 15th I've had 0 issues with the server. I can understand that a lot of people are going to base there bad review solely on DRM because they can't torrent the game for free, I for one found the $59.99 price tag or in my case $99 price tag worth every penny and I'm happy to support Blizzard.

In conclusion I personally love nostalgia i.e game remakes and long time span sequels and Diablo 3 DOES NOT disappoint in any aspect, I love playing the game and getting to area's that I've explored before and see there graphical improvements or coming across stuff like the moon clan and seeing how awesome they look in D3! I find it sad after reading a ton of these reviews where people are giving the game 0 because they have issues connecting to the server 15 minutes after the game launches, its pathetic really. So people please don't buy into the trolls, seek out the intellegently written reviews good or bad then base your decision on that. Worth the 11 year wait? YES DEFINETLY I can only hope that it doesn't take long for expansions and new content!!

10/10.
  26. May 22, 2012
    This game was fantastic! I can't believe it has such a low rating. I got the game for my birthday and played it a few days after the release and the servers were even running well with 3 computers playing it on my network (ping was usually under 100) so people should stop complaining about that. The game itself had an interesting storyline, amazing new skills and classes and new features which enhanced the game. Some of the things I was a little disappointed about at first because they were different from the first 2 games but once I got over that I actually liked the changes they made and might be annoyed when I don't have these new features in the older games. Expand
  27. May 22, 2012
    The game is fine. A great sequel to Diablo 2. I grew tired of the same old, rush character through Baal runs so you could "pvp". PVP consisted of swirling hammers faster than the other guy while simultaneously teleporting all over the place with no real strategy involved. Oh and let's not forget about the lovely "NKing" that was rampant. Oh and what about EVERYONE teleporting all over the place? How was that fun? How is Diablo 3 not better than that? Fin. Expand
  28. May 22, 2012
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

1. The game feels very similar to Diablo 2. If you are one of the millions of people who LOVED Diablo 2, you will LOVE Diablo 3.

2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and
    thereby try different combinations of skills for different encounters. This adds a strategic element to the game, but it also just makes the game more fun to experience since you won't be spamming one skill for thousands of hours.

3. The game looks amazing. It may not look as polished as Skyrim or Witcher 2 on first glance, but Blizzard knows that the devil is in the details. The movements of the characters are smooth and seamless. Skills are impressive to behold. The environments are interactive and the 3D rendering adds considerable depth. The result is a game that may not boast the best screenshots but offers some of the most visceral and epic battle sequences ever created.

4. The new crafting system ensures that grinding will yield adequate rewards (at least so far). One of the biggest downsides of Diablo 2 was the dependence on getting lucky drops. The new crafting system allows you to salvage pretty much anything and turn the materials into high quality weapons and armor that actually compete with the random drops.

5. It is easy to join forces against the Prime Evils! It takes all of one click to join a friend's game and take up arms against the forces of Hell. Sure, it is nice to be able to fly solo, but this game is much more fun with a group of friends, and Blizzard has made it easier than ever to make that happen.

6. This game is worth buying just for the experience of playing Act 3 and Act 4. I will refrain from spoiling it for those who have not had the pleasure, but Blizzard really finishes the game with a bang!

7. The cutscenes are AWESOME... so is the sound!

8. By offering hardcore mode and the Inferno difficulty, the game should please serious gamers and grinders.

9. On the flip side, the game has much to offer to the casual gamer. I feel that casual gamers get drowned out in the forums, but I would wager that the vast majority of the players currently enjoying themselves in the world of Santuary have yet to beat the game on Normal. They are pacing themselves and enjoying every minute of it! The beauty of Diablo 3 is that you can have a blast playing for 10 hours OR 10 minutes... in both cases you are killing demons and finding items. As a person with a demanding job and a life outside of computer games, I appreciate a game that I can play intermittently over a very long period of time.

10. On a similar note, this game has unparalleled value. People still enjoy playing Diablo 2 even though it was released 12 years ago! This installment will not be any different - it will always be there for you when you need a quick item hunting, demon slaying fix (don't we all?). I can think of no other game that offers such replayability without a monthly charge.

There are more reasons that this game is worthy of a high rating and deserving of your hard earned dollars. I'd list more, but I'd rather play a bit more Diablo 3. See you in Sanctuary!
  29. May 22, 2012
    Amazing game, fun to get into, challenging. The storyline is decent though the ending seems a little rushed. The same atmosphere and intensity that made the earlier games magic is still present and this was definitely worth the wait.
  30. May 22, 2012
    So I'm 100 hours into the game and it isn't as bad as everyone said. This game is truly amazing! Blizzard drop the ball on release day server issues. This metacritic user score is their punishment. but the core game is great.
  31. May 22, 2012
    This game is exactly what i wanted from a Diablo sequel; not really sure what everyone else was expecting or why they're whining like a bunch of little school girls. This game is so much fun to play that is actually hard to put down, kinda like Diablo 1 and 2 were back in the day, coincidence...i think not. So good job Blizzard, keep up the good work! I'm gonna go back to click click clicking away in joyful bliss :-) Expand
  32. May 22, 2012
    New way for Action RPG, i really tired of clickin on + in my stat, this game have a pannacea with this problem, forget about forum play like what you want and if you can't win some of the enemy, don't go and train another character for this monster pack), just try another strategy.
  33. May 22, 2012
    good game i am a fan of the diablo series and this is pretty good with new characters and skills. yeah the server was messing up and blizzard is still getting the bugs out but eventually it will stabilize. Id say its worth the $60 just because theres no monthly fees and you will at least get your moneys worth in game play. ive already played over 30 hours total on two characters and its still fun. so i feel i got my moneys worth. Its just a video game they all get boring eventually I dont see why people expected a game that costs $60 to change their lives forever Expand
  34. May 22, 2012
    Diablo 3 is the best game I have played so far for 2012. I have played over 60 hours now and all I want to do is play more. I would change a few things but very few. I give it a 9 but because all the haters are out in force I will bump it to a 10.
  35. May 22, 2012
    An incredibly fun game. People rating it zero are fighting an irrelevant idealistic battle. Some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The improvements over Diablo II are huge. Overall, it's simply a very very good game.
  36. May 22, 2012
    People quit complaining. just because you don't like the story doesn't mean the game deserves a 0, or because you couldn't play may 15 th. The story isn't perfect but the gameplay and multiplayer is so freaking good and addicting, I love this game even MORE than diablo 2 and that's saying something. The graphics don't look like BF3 or crysis but they at least look VERY good for this type of game and a less demanding game, means what? MORE players, there's a reason why valve's games are so successfull they are fun as h*** and not demanding at all. Expand
  37. May 22, 2012
    Amazing game!
    Everyone giving it 0-3 points are just being petty. It does what it is set out to be. bucketloads of fun, killing and looting.
    AND ITS NOT DRM! its a clever online system. At least blizzard is trying something new, giving a FREE online platform that helps generate content, control looting and host co-op.
  38. May 23, 2012
    Game of the year for me. People who gave low scores mostly did so just because they could not log in the first few hours after release. Gameplay is fantastic. The more you play, the more you want to play.
  39. May 23, 2012
    the game is an improvementto diablo 2 in every way more difficultieseven more loot the adition of the acction house it gets u hooked and never lets go its a game that u can play for an entire weekendwithout getting,bored
  40. May 23, 2012
    Absolutely love the game. The simplicity of this game, along with the social aspect, will make it a winner in the long term. The beauty of blizzard's games is revealed in end-game interaction, where a whole new experience manifests. PvP, gear-grinding, and the auction house as a model of an economy will drive the long-term user interaction. I believe this is a winner.
  41. May 23, 2012
    Diablo and Diablo 2 were huge parts of my childhood and were masterpieces of the gaming industry. Diablo 3 is no exception to the franchise. Gameplay is seemless, character building is versatile and items are as exciting to come by as cash on the street. I think people's criticisms about the always-on DRM are misguided. I think majority of gamers don't have a problem being online to play a game. Persistent characters and low chance of players cheating gives massive integrity to the game.

Overall D3 is probably the best thing that has happened to PC in the last 5 or 6 years.
  42. May 23, 2012
    Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the game itself here. I personally don't care about the login issues; they're bound to happen at the launch of such a huge game as this (more than 6 million copies purchased so far), and the Blizzard staff did do their very best to solve any problem as fast as possible.
    Now on to the review: simply put, Diablo 3 is amazing. It takes the best of the 2
    previous games and further improves and adds to it.
    The graphics are detailed, pretty and realistic.
    The gameplay is fast, fun, simple at its core yet open to complexity, strategy and a very high level of personalization.
    Each and every class is fun to play. They all have very distinctive "flavors" and personalities and you will want to play though at least Normal mode with each class, just to see their respective characteristics at play.
    The story is good, with a few unexpected twists and a satisfactory ending that still leaves room for future expansions and games on the Diablo franchise.
    The voice acting is beautiful and the characterization is quite deep and credible, which is amazing considering just how short the storyline actually is, at least if compared with a "traditional" RPG like Final Fantasy and its ilk. Even the followers characters feel like real people.
    If you liked Diablo and Diablo 2, I believe you will absolutely love Diablo 3.
  43. May 23, 2012
    Just got to play it for a few hours before work and the game is great. /v/ trolls withstanding. Once all the people who haven't even tried the game die down the actual scores will come.
  44. May 23, 2012
    This is Diablo 3, and it's just as great as the previous two versions. I can see myself playing this game for several years, something that rarely happens. Some thoughts:

The new attribute/skill system is fine, and a big improvement over Diablo 2, where one wrong click could screw your character. Now I can experiment with different skill combinations, and select abilities situational.
    Also, I like the simplicity... two mouse buttons and a few hot keys is enough, no need for 30 key bindings like in WoW or other RPGs. This is hack and slay!!!

DRM/online requirement:
    I can understand that this upsets single players, but this was communicated long before the game launched, so you knew what was coming. For me, the long term motivation in Diablo 2 always came from being online, so in the end it makes no difference. The launch went as any reasonable person might expect. Within a week from launch everything seems very stable, so overall a good job. The graphics etc: Looks nice, maybe it could be a bit less resource hungry since the graphics are not exactly high end. More importantly, it runs natively on OSX! I would say that this game is perfect and just like I expected from Blizzard.
  45. May 23, 2012
    Am about 21hrs into the game, and am taking my time there is no need to rush on a game like this. I have been playing D2 for quite some time, and I was very excited when Blizzard announce the release date of Diablo 3. So far I say that this games deserves a perfect 10! The graphics a big improvement from previous games, the background, and sound really do stand out. The game does feel quite simplistic, but that's alright you know what they say "Easy to learn difficult to master. I did have 2x disconnecting problems, and a lag here an there but that's Blizzard, we talking about the game not the franchise. To be honest am not surprise with all of the connectivity issues people were having since D3 is the fastest game sold in 24hrs am pretty sure Blizzard was not prepared for flood of users. Overall am enjoying this game very much, I constantly read bad reviews, but they are ALL based on the Blizzard and NOT the game itself. Expand
  46. May 23, 2012
    E um ótimo jogo com certeza, além de tudo e um dos poucos que vem dublado em PT-BR.
    Parabéns Blizzard por mais esse excelente trabalho.
    Esses são meus sinceros agradecimentos pelo empenho em lançar um produto de ótima qualidade.
  47. May 23, 2012
    I just finished my first play through and enjoyed it alot. Now, playing on nightmare and still very much enjoying the game. Not sure why so many 0/10. I definately disaggree with that. I think the game deserves a 7.5-8 out of 10, but not 0. I've given it a 10/10 due to the unfair amount of 0s given here.
  48. May 23, 2012
    For me this is really amazing game. Its still old and good Diablo just with some news, which made this game much better. Graphic is great (good enough for nowadays) but physic is cool. Easy to play and hard to be master.
  49. May 23, 2012
    Brilliant! New skill system is awesome. I changed about 30 build already, but still cant decide my favorite. Best game of this year so far. Gonna start my hardcore barbarian soon, wish me luck =)
  50. May 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 delivers. It seems the popular thing to claim having played Diablo 2, but 12 years ago is quite a long time. If we jump in a time machine and punch in 12 years and revisit our much younger selves and load up Diablo2 and let us play for an hour then load up Diablo3 and let us play for an hour. After that ask our older selves what we want to play. I think my answer would be Diablo3.
  51. May 24, 2012
    Game is absolutely amazing and addictive as hell. I will try to cover most of the complaints: 1. Internet connection I don't see how internet connection can be an issue in 2012 2. Skill and attribute points system That's the main improvement of the game 3. Graphics Simply amazing 3. Launch issues Give it some time, it's already a non issue. Also, knowing Blizzard you can be sure that the game will be getting patched and improved constantly. Expand
  52. May 24, 2012
    So far I'm around 3/4's of the way through Act II, and I'm loving the game so far. I don't understand why people are whinging so much if I'm honest. I'll agree, I hate the 'Always Online' bullcrap, but if its stops the pathetic world of duping/hacking the best gear in the game, I'm all for it.

For those of you complaining about how 'colourful' the world is, get over yourselves. There are
    far too many games nowadays who use a colour palette of grey and brown, its nice to see a developer injecting some colour into the world. [Make a comparison to the art/graphic style of Warcraft and I will smack you up the side of the head. Completely different development team, morons]

All in all, the game delivers what D2 had and more. I'm sorry if you stat/skill monkeys are upset, but at least now you don't have to google ULTIMATE CHARACTER STAT/SKILL SETUP and can actually make the sort of character you actually want to play, not a defined role for the best most possible damage output.
  53. May 24, 2012
    Excelent game, very adictive, and lot of fun, very nice graphics, i dont mind having to be always connected to the internet, it's not that problematic, and the game is an excelent one.
  54. May 24, 2012
    This game is beast, most of the bad reviews are from noobs who couldn't get on the first night and nerd raged. I never thought I would find a game that was more insanely fun than WoW but this game is it!
  55. May 24, 2012
    This is the best computer game I have ever played. I am appalled and disappointed at all the spoiled brats here giving the game a zero because the world wasn't hand-crafted just for them. They don't speak for true gamers who love to play instead of flame. The graphics are incredible, the sound design is engrossing, the music fits the level design and moods.. I enjoyed the story very much, the cutscenes are chilling. But MOST IMPORTANTLY: The game FEELS like Diablo. It's impossible to describe. My characters feel extremely powerful, but yet vulnerable. In the higher difficulties, I always have that feeling the original Diablo gave: I'm scared about what I might find around the next corner, but I have the courage to try. A+ Blizzard, you guys are amazing. Yes, there are some technical issues, but a release of this magnitude? That's to be expected. Those spoiled kids here, without maturity, patience or a decent handle on reality will give this game a low score. They do not represent the overwhelming majority of people who are loving this game right now. Expand
  56. May 24, 2012
    You people are on freakin crack. You let a game get you all hyped up more than even the best game out there should. This is a great game. Great story. I get the feel for diablo 3. I like the new system. I like the new features. Don't expect some orgasmic trip, but if you want a great video game, Diablo 3 is for you.
  57. May 24, 2012
    This is an excellent game with exactly the production values you have come to expect from Blizzard. I have not encountered significant problems logging on, the lag spikes have been short and tolerable, and other than that I have no complaints. The game itself is exactly what I expected and I expected great things.
  58. May 24, 2012
    This is one of those times I really think people should be paying more attention to critic reviews than to player reviews. Too many people seem to be too emotionally invested in the series and wanted Diablo 2 HD. And because that's not what they got they've started a smear campaign against Blizzard and Diablo 3. Most every decision made by the developers for the game has been a positive one from a game design standpoint. It has made the game more accessible to more people, increased flexibility and customization, improved the community, and overall improved the entire game over its predecessors. I would challenge anyone to find someone new to the series, sit them down, and have the new player compare Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 where the person would not chose Diablo 3 over 2.

Common complaints: The story isn't great. - This is true, the overall storyline isn't bad, but the writing certainly isn't top-notch. I'll admit this is one area Diablo 2 beats Diablo 3. Graphics aren't gritty enough - I don't see this one. There's plenty of bloody bodies all over the place. Piles of corpses, torture equipment and gore aplenty, in some areas more than others. But it's always fitting the setting. And this is true in D2 as well. If you really compare screenshots from both games side by side, you'll find less difference here than many seem to claim. Yes, the art direction did change, and Blizzard Irvine has more of a Warcraft/WoW mentality than Blizzard North had. But even with the change in art direction it's still reasonably true to its predecessor. Others claim it's cartoony, certainly a matter of opinion and up for debate, but I don't find D3 significantly more cartoony than Diablo 2 was.

Always on connection - Considering how full of hacks and dupes Diablo 2 became from it's offline nature. I'm really glad for this. An internet connection is pretty much ubiquitous anywhere you go anymore. Any hotel worth staying at has internet. Any of my friends or family's places have internet. The coffee shop down the street has internet. My supermarket has internet. There's really very few places I could go to get away from it. And certainly anywhere I'd want to play D3, I'd have an internet connection available. This is simply no longer an issue for the vast majority of people in a developed nation. It also comes with the perks of always being able to see your friends' games and being able to hop in and join them. Or chat with friends playing WoW or SC2. I'm not really sure if I'd call it DRM, but as far as DRM goes, this is pretty innocuous. There are many far worse examples of DRM out there to be found.

Skill/Attribute distribution is gone. - Awesome, now people can't screw up their characters because they didn't go to some website to read about strategies that are valid in Hell difficulty. Fact was, even with the skill/stat distribution, by the time you reached the end game, nearly every viable build had the same stat allocation, and most classes only had a couple viable skill allocations. The people who think this was a good idea either never played at the highest levels, or did, and just wanted to stand out as being somehow better than someone new to the game who simply didn't know better. No one should ever have to re-make a character for it to be viable just to play at higher difficulties.

No character customization - This one partially ties in with the last point about abilities and skills. I think I've made my point there. For everything else though, Every Diablo 3 class has more abilities (considering runes for the most part significantly change an ability's effects and visuals), every class can be both genders, Every major piece of armor shows up visually on your character. You can dye your armor. The customization in D3 is terrific, it's just all done through gear and ability selection. There are more viable builds for every class in Hell/Inferno in D3 than there are for each class in Hell in D2.

I like the graphics, I enjoy the music and sound design. I like the art design. I enjoy the game. I enjoy the mechanics of the game. I love the multiplayer, and easily hopping into games with my friends. My wife enjoys the game. My friends all enjoy the game. I've not heard a single complaint from any of them outside of an occasional lag spike. At the time of writing this review the User Score for D3 is sitting at 4.1, and not a single person I know on my friends list (all 20 of them) would rate this at less than an 8. I realize that's anecdotal evidence at best and a statistically insignificant data sample, but I feel it's still pertinent. Ignore the whiners with the sense of entitlement that didn't get what they wanted. Diablo 3 is a lot of fun, and well worth the money.
  59. May 24, 2012
    This game is awesome, i played a monk until lvl 43 then started a barbarian and got addicted to the game once again, and im for shure gonna lvl my barb to 60 and pass inferno with him.This game would be a masterpiece if not for the online, but its still a really really good game.
  60. May 25, 2012
    La digne suite de Diablo II, il ne mérite pas moins.
    La nécessité d'avoir une connection internet fait parti de l'évolution naturelle et logique des choses, c'est son plus gros point positif (sauf la première semaine de sorti, comme tout jeu en ligne).
  61. May 25, 2012
    Great game, hack and slash at its finest. Lots of skill combinations. Few server issues day 1 but its understandable with 4 million people trying to log in at the same time. Ever since day 1 however connecting has not been an issue. Difficulty ramps up over time properly, and gives good challenge. My account has not been hacked, with an authenticator, proper password management, and proper computer usage you shouldn't have a problem. This review is pretty much to balance the trolls. I hope everyone everyone is enjoying their miserable existence. I myself am going to go back to enjoying the game! Expand
  62. May 25, 2012
    Since I am a Blizzard fan boy anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, however, I am appalled that so many users gave this game such a low score simply because they had server issues. Yes, the game was not playable for many of you at launch, but that does not mean it is not a good game. In fact it IS! Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to D2. The gameplay is as addictive as ever and the loot system keeps you coming back for more. Apart from its story, which honestly could have been much more engaging, this game is amazing! Donâ Expand
  63. May 25, 2012
    The game is great, the gameplay is very tight and smooth. Right now their servers are in a slightly volatile state at the moment which is to be expected of any game launch with a large population. The balancing isn't perfect which is to be expected within the first week of the launch. But I have high hopes for where the this game is going. People forget that Diablo 2 took years to get to the state where people loved it. It wasn't until Lord of Destruction came out after they got a lot of feedback on Diablo 2 and the game just got more interesting and then when the synergy patch came out (1.10 I think?) it was like a brand new game. So I'm looking at this game as a long term investment with excellent short term benefits. It's a great game but the end game right now is hard for me to get into just because classes are being changed constantly for balancing and it's really hard to do anything in Inferno, the difficulty jump even from act to act is brutal. But honestly I haven't been so happy with a game in a long time. My first play through on Normal was phenominal for the story. As per usual the cinematics of the game blow anything else of this generation out of the water, and death animations of both regular monsters and bosses are astounding. Expand
  64. May 25, 2012
    This was definitely worth the 11-12 year wait! After playing through the normal difficulty it feels like the Diablo franchise we all know and love, yet Blizzard was able to still put a fresh spin on things. My only beef with the game is that the legendary items can be somewhat disappointing when you find yellows or even blues that are even better. Many people complained about the bugs or the login issues the first day, this is expected new games always have wrinkles to iron out, but overall this is a game well deserving of a 10! Expand
  65. May 25, 2012
    The game is great. Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who gives this game a 1 or 0 should be ignored. This is a very nice evolution of Diablo 2. It changes enough things to keep it fresh, but is still the game at it's heart that I loved back then. It dominates all over Torchlight, and I thought Torchlight was decently fun. I did have a couple issues getting it to run with my graphics card, but now that it's set, there is no other game I'm more stoked on. Expand
  66. May 26, 2012
    Love this game. Loved the first 2 as well. This is a great evolution of the series. If you haven't made it late into the harder difficulties, you aren't really getting out of this game what was intended.
  67. May 26, 2012
    I am rating this game 10 despite of its significant short-comings because it is honestly the most fun I've had playing a game since... ever. (Actually single player gets 8.5, multiplier gets 11.5)

1. Gameplay: Way better than Diablo II. Streamlined stats + skill system = WIN! You actually get to try out every combinations of skills without dumping time in re-rolling characters! You get
    variety! Diablo II require you to search web forum for optimal cookie cutter builds; Diablo III require you to play every skills to try them out because you can't resist.

2. Graphic: Looks great. Not sure why people are complaining. Initially I wanted the WoW style over-shoulder view... I stopped complaining after about 3 hours because I there's just too many mobs for that kind of view to work. As a bonus point, this game run smooth on my 2011 MBP with intel3000hd! 3. Story: Yes it's a very low-IQ story... but the whole point is the action so I don't mind. 4. Multiplay: AMAZING. Do this. After your first single run to hear the story, don't ever play single! PS. Buy it now. Worth the $60.
  68. May 26, 2012
    Game feels like a bad beta attempt, too short and easy, was hoping for more acts and boss encounters. Characters all look the same, no customization. Bosses drop very bad loot, and prices on the AH are riddiculous, u cant buy end game stuff without enslaving urself to hours of farming for horrible loot.
    Normal, nightmare and hell difficulty is too easy and then inferno mode is not hard but
    teddious and slow, you need to have ubber gear that never drops but can only buy for sick ammounts of gold and real money in the future. Diablo game died a long time ago for me, Blizzard designers are not the same they just want to suck all ur money for nothing in exchange. Expand
  69. May 26, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bad ratings about this game. I've started playing to days ago and I've got a lvl 15 demonhunter, lvl 10 monch and a lvl 5 barbarian. So far it has been a total blast, the game is fun and the battles are awesome. Even on normal difficulty I had some situations where I had to act carefully to stay alive. Altough the classes are totally different. Playing a monch is not comparable with playing a demonhunter and the dungeons are randomly generated which means that you will never think :"Uh, I've seen this one before, boring".

The game has an amazing repayablity, I will definatly be hooked for month as I've not tested out the warlock and sorcerer yet. Every class has its own cutscenes... so you basically get different stories per class. I give it a 10 because it is my first hack and slay game and I like it very much.
  70. May 27, 2012
    I have had a truly enjoyable time with this game. The endgame balance was somewhat disappointing at release; nevertheless, the exploitative class builds have been hotfixed.
  71. May 27, 2012
    Played both Diablo's 1 and 2. These old games suffered from massive clunkiness, and many things have changed in gaming since their release. Many of the things about those games were wrong, so to compare them is laughable. Diablo 3 has taken the things that blizzard has learned since those 2 titles and implemented everything they've learned. The game is very popular, starting to mature and is looking really good. I'm on my Hell playthrough now and really it is starting to get interesting. No good game that I remember had a great start, give it some time it will iron itself out. Time will tell the story of Diablo 3, and in hindsight is the only way to rate it. 10/10 Expand
  72. May 27, 2012
    Es increible, el mejor juego de Blizzard hasta la fecha. Mucha gente se ha quejado de errores que a día de hoy ya se han resuelto (no hay lag, no hay perdidas de objetos ni oro, se conecta a los servidores sin problemas, etc...) o por lo menos yo no los he tenido en ningún momento. Es entretenido, adictivo e impresionante técnicamente. No te lo pierdas.
  73. May 27, 2012
    For this game, it has around 7-8/10. Overall the game is nice. Bad on this game 1) The story is too short :( (THE MAIN REASON!!) 2) the hackin problem 3) the auction always unavailable (I think 2) 3) will be solved in 2months, I hope...) But I reli hate the ppl (mainly d1, d2 fanboy) who just want d3 exactly same as d2, and give 0/10 with stupid reasons. what a non-sence! So I give this 10/10, to make the score more close to the real situation.

btw, It is a good idea that "bliz can release a expanion pack that can let ppl play d1, d2 charater+story+map, but with d3 graphic"
  74. May 27, 2012
    Low user score? Seriously?! halve of the people rating red never played d1 or d2. and except to be single player... if i remember right d2 and d1 where always multiplayer... single player was a lost cause! you gotta have a history with Diablo in order to appreciate it. Diablo was my very first game that started my passion for gaming!. i haven't had eny problems with Diablo 3, graphics r updated and beautiful and has more potential to grow more. people low rating this game because of all the wrong reasons. "Chickity-check yo selfs before you wreck yo selfs" Expand
  75. May 28, 2012
    Sorry, but all these people dropping 0's and 1's on this game are idiotic. The graphics are NOT bad, they're quite good. Of course it's not going to look like Battlefield. Unreal Tournament came out the same year as Diablo 2, and its graphics blew D2 away, because it's an FPS. You've got to be a moron to compare the two. Personally, I had absolutely no problems with the story. It was clear and simple and everything made sense, plus the world is full of books of lore. As far as people claiming there is no single player, I have no idea what you're talking about. "Always-online" does not mean "no single player." I soloed the vast majority of the game through Normal difficulty. Also, the connection error problem is already completely irrelevant. The sound is excellent. The music is excellent. The gameplay is clean, simple, and fun. There is plenty of diversity in skills with the rune system. I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fun, well-polished game that, despite launch day issues, met my every expectation. Don't let dumb whiny kids fool you. If you want this game, get it. Expand
  76. May 28, 2012
    Best game since Diablo 2 in the genre. Beats all the boring clones with one hand, provides breathtaking atmosphere, mindblowing physics engine and brilliant visual style (yes, i know graphics outdated). Have spent 156 hours playing it and every minute was worth it. Haters gonna hate.
  77. May 28, 2012
    Worth the wait. The gameplay is solid, responsive, and fun. The story is brilliant, with plenty of twists along the way. And the cooperative gameplay adds a brand new and awesome dimension to this already-tasteful game. This one's worth buying.
  78. May 29, 2012
    This is definitely a nice game! I also do not like the maintenance like other people might say but if you try the game, it will be really worth waiting for. And also take note that patience is a virtue so either you wait for the maintenance to finish or don't play it at all. No offense.
  79. May 29, 2012
    For years I played Diablo 1 & the king of time sink Diablo 2 day in day out. Admittedly I was not looking forward to Diablo 3 because I felt like D2 would never be topped. I eventually gave in after seeing the ads on TV over and over again. Purchasing Diablo 3 is probably the best decision I've made in years. Unfortunately there is no single player mode in this game, it's all multiplayer so friends can jump in and out of your games I don't know if there was an option to turn this off. Not that this bothers me I played every DIablo via Battle.net so it was pretty much the same, never took advantage of single player. Firstly the story feels a lot more exciting then the previous two Diablo titles, confusing at first but the cutscenes were nice. Gameplay is still fun killing enemies for treasures something the Diablo series has perfected. Auction house is a welcome addition as well, long has the diablo series needed a solid form of currency system over trading. Can't say too much about the graphics because of the style of the game, sounds & voice acting however are good. I have no complaints about this game, it's perfect and just as addicting as the other Diablo games. There aren't enough points for me to give D3. Expand
  80. May 29, 2012
    it was well worth the wait. Blizzard went all out this time. Though it plays like World of Warcraft is some aspects. I was one of few people in my area to pre-order this, and though I was disappointed in the fact that D3 servers kept going down every hour or so, I love this game.
  81. May 30, 2012
    This is easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. A lot of people will complain about the DRM, get over it. This is the future of gaming, as long as people pirate, software companies implement harsher DRM. NOTHING. YOU. CAN. DO. ABOUT. IT. If you don't like it stop playing, but know you will be giving up one of the best games of the year. This game is not meant for single player, a lot of reviews say normal is too easy, normal is mostly a tutorial where you get your skills, play inferno and tell me it's too easy. The graphics are perfect I'd say. Blizzard is known for making games that run on all sorts of rigs, they don't require you to buy a new computer to play their new games and I do appreciate that. This is just as addictive as I remember D2 being. THIS IS NOT D2. The "lack of customization" is more of a "fixed a glaring problem in D2" where when a patch came out, your character was worthless. This is a hack and slash more than a RPG in the sense of story. If you want a story read the lore, loot the journals, Blizzard has excellent writers but an in depth story in your face does not work in a fast paced action game. I know I will spend countless hours on this game, as will most people who are crying on here about how hard or easy or bad or overpriced the game is. This is a multiplayer game and the sooner people realize that the more they will enjoy it. Tanks are key.

TL;DR: Deal with the DRM this game is an excellent way to kill countless hours.
  82. May 30, 2012
    Amazing game... aside from tech issues that should hopefully be resolved soon, don't let the low user review scores steer you away if you are a Blizzard fan... however, don't expect WoW or SC2... I thought it was only decent until I really started experimenting with the classes and leveling more and more...
    it is super addictive, and beautiful if u can customize the graphics to suit ur machine.
  83. May 30, 2012
    I have never been compelled to rate a game before, but this one just drove me over the edge. Biggest disappointment I ever had in a game which I was genuinely excited for. Glitches, fundamental design flaws, lack of social function and endless downtime make this 60$ mess barely worth 30$. First play through was great, but then I began to notice that any and all loot past normal and until infernal is an unrewarding pile of utter **** Be ready to see nothing but crappy blue items from Nightmare to the end of Hell, even from defeating Diablo for the first time. In Infernal, I found a few legendaries...I was excited...then I looked at the auction house and realized that every single one is a worthless piece of crap due to the ridiculous item system where blue items are better than much legendaries. There's not a single legendary item on the top of the item list. I also made a mistake of rolling a barbarian. Lets just say some classes are favored MUCH more than others. But then again, its not like the auction works. It doesn't. Its been constantly down, glitchy, and commodities trade has been disabled for about a week now. As a melee, you can't get past Act 2 Infernal without having Act 4 gear. Act 4 gear is priced in millions of gold. At 115 hours in, my joy from playing this game has been smashed into the ground and ****ted on. Expand
  84. May 31, 2012
    A lot of bad reviews from old D1 and D2 players who dont like change or ran into server issues. But heres the facts. Its fun. Bottom line it is a well crafted and addicting game solo or with friends. I never liked the first 2 because they were just clunky and painful. Now that things have been streamlined its much more enjoyable to get with some friends and pursue loot and power. The graphics wont blow you away but they get the job done and allow great visual design for a top down view game. There is so much going on you need all the bright and dark difference in color to follow the action and act fast and accordingly. Music in a headset is just right and dosnt try to rock you out and become annoying. Play control may take a bit of getting used to for some but is second nature once you just except it and practice. It takes the kind of player who really enjoys the lure of power and progression with a true sense that you earn it as it becomes harder and harder to grab that great gear. If your just a casual gamer looking for a story or some kind of game that changes gaming forever than you may not find the appeal of D3, but for all of you who are min maxers and loot whores who love that challenge and satisfaction of becoming the most powerful player you can be, than this game will drive you forward with the promise of power better than any game that has come before. Expand
  85. May 31, 2012
    Hi, i don´t know why people criticize diablo 3.
    It´s better than you can imagine, thanks blizzard thanks. All in this game is better than other similar games, action, story, graphics, all.
  86. May 31, 2012
    After 12 years, years of beta testing and I cant play the game without several hours of error messages each day. This was not what I anticipated after this long wait.
  87. Jun 1, 2012
    Almost all of hte negative reviews (mainly the ones from 0-3 score) are just idiots not being objective; they are long-time fanboys who bought into the absolutely biblical amounts of hype this game got, and because it didn't LITERALLY knock their socks off, they are writing these butthurt reviews.
    This game is actually very good, I haven't played either D1 or D2 and I did not follow any of
    the hype preceding its release, and I was not disappointed by the game. Ignore all the morons giving it a 0, 1 or 2 and judge it by the critic reviews. Expand
  88. Jun 2, 2012
    Well, I have played Diablo 3 with multiple characters for multiple hours. This is my first real computer game since I played Diablo 2 and I love the improvements! First some upgrades, Money is made relevant in this game by making equipment the primary way to upgrade and improve your character. Which I like, and also has the potential to make the auction house something that is somewhat unique when the RMAH comes out. Also I like how people are complaining about how hard inferno is! That means blizzard up the stakes and made D3 a little more challenging. Some things where blizzard could improve. - Chat system would be very nice. D2 didn't need one but collaboration in gaming has changed over the years. - maybe every two months they could upload some new events or change the events. I know there are a lot but I would enjoy some surprising new battles. Other than that I think this game is an excellent buy and has more replay value then any other game that came out this year. Expand
  89. Jun 2, 2012
    The game is really nice, the gameplay awesome.

It could sux for some because you have to log-in even if you want to play solo.
    The story is short (and immersive) but really nice, featuring awesome cut-scene.
  90. Jun 2, 2012
    Awsome game love it! Just finished normal difficulty, now heading to hell and after inferno.(Diablo III sold many copies and many people were attempting play on new servers. Problems are expected.) The game itself is fun, runs great, and is tremendously fun.
  91. Jun 2, 2012
    I have a total of 162 hours in Diablo 3 as of writing this, along with many hours played in D1 and D2, and I can officially say I am addicted to D3.

So far I've been having a blast. I knew from being in the beta that I wanted to play a barbarian, as I thought it was the most fun and satisfying class. I smashed and wreaked havoc all the way to the highest difficulty, Inferno, which is
    where the game really began for me. Inferno is definitely not for those with little patience or lacking in gear. It is a huge jump from Hell difficulty and is quite challenging, but I'm loving it non-the-less.

As for my wizard, I've been playing with friends. Playing with others is a very different experience than playing solo. Unlike the previous games, everybody gets their own drops which is a huge improvement from "every man for himself." It's also nice to have friends that will share or trade drops they've gotten with you that they can't use. The difficulty and exp per person added also goes up, which makes playing with friends all that more rewarding.

As for the remaining 3 classes, they're very fun and unique in playstyle, but the Barb is for me! =]

So that's been my experience with gameplay and classes. Now for some random things:
    - The cutscenes at the beginning of new acts are jaw-dropping. Blizzard has always done such an amazing job with cinematics in their games and D3 is no different.
    - I actually enjoy the graphics. At first, I didn't really like the art style they chose to go with. It looked blurry, even on a high end computer. After getting passed the first boss and into new areas that weren't in the beta, I learned to appreciate the style they went with and started noticing all the tiny details they put into this game and often find myself saying, "Wow, that's beautiful." If you look closely, you'll even see the old scrolls for town portal and identifying. I highly recommend watching "The Art of Diablo" at the GDC Vault to get a better understanding.
    - There's a lot of nostalgia to be found in D3. At first, again, it didn't quite feel like a Diablo game to me but as I progressed further into the game I started to feel it. I won't spoil any, but they've added plenty references to both D1 and D2.
    - Blizzard listens to their customers and rolls out patches accordingly. In their upcoming patches, they're including fixes/changes that have been big concerns within the community, along with Quality of Life improvements and features that weren't there at launch. To see them act so quickly is reassuring that they'll be improving upon this game even more.
    - The communication between the Community Managers on the forums is so great to have. I got real used to the feeling that the relationship between the Developers and the community was on such a personal level when I played City of Heroes. To see the CM team constantly on the forums, answering questions, and updating us on incoming patches is refreshing.

Alright, I won't leave this review without addressing at least SOME drawbacks:
    - The auction house is very iffy. In a way, it almost feels like this game is more about grinding for gold to spend on good items than grinding for epic loot. I've been trying to avoid buying items off the auction house and instead go by my own drops, but sometimes Inferno can just be too difficult and after a long period of getting nothing good I look to the auction house. So, it has it's benefits, but I'm just not quite sure how to feel about it at this point.
    - Connectivity. It's important to know that this is an always-on multiplayer game with a single player option, not the other way around. With that said, servers do have to come down from time to time to patch in fixes or features or to maintain the servers. Besides the first few hours of launch, I have not had a SINGLE issue connecting to the servers (not including patches and maintenance.) I sometimes get high latency which results in awful lag. This could be on my end (I live with two other gamers) but it is a widely reported issue by others as well.
    - Hacking. Blizzard games have always been a huge target for hackers, simply because they're so popular and there's plenty of easy money to be made. Hacking is especially prominent during a new release of a game or expansion. With that said, I highly highly highly recommend buying an authenticator or using the free mobile phone app if you care about your stuff. As someone who got hacked in WoW 2 years ago, I can vouch for Blizzard having amazing customer service and got my items restored quickly. They've always been outstanding whenever I've needed help from them.

Honestly, I just don't have anything bad to say. I know the game isn't perfect, but I also understand they'll be working on this game for many years to come and I look forward to seeing all the improvements and features that they will add in the future.
  92. Jun 2, 2012
    Great game I had a lot of fun playing with my brother and freinds, Leveling is fun and kept me up at nights got my buddies into it with the game passes and then we all played through the campain (almost done), enjoyed playing swaping cool loot with friends and trying different skills with all of our different classes
  93. Jun 3, 2012
    This is a very amazing game, one of the best I have ever played.There are many problems with the servers, but I can look past that because every other aspect of the game is very good. I love many of the new features they have implemented into this franchise since Diablo II, my favorite being the Auction House. I really recommend this game to all Diablo fans and people who have never even heard of the series before. If you own a computer then you should own this game. Expand
  94. Jun 4, 2012
    So, 74 "critics" give Diablo a B+ (essentially), and 5000 users give it an F. Kinda makes those critics look foolish, doesn't it? My question is, why'd it take Blizzard so many freakin' years to come out with D3? You definitely don't see the time, effort and money onscreen. In fact, the game is not noticeably better than Diablo (1). Major drawbacks from my standpoint: game is too short, too easy on normal mode, some old favorites are gone (no secret rooms, etc.) and there's not enough diversity in environments. Gotta say, I'm disappointed after so much hype and such a long wait. Expand
  95. Jun 4, 2012
    Great update to a legendary franchise. All of the Diablo 2 hack and slash action in a more streamlined package. My only complaint is the addition of the DRM. It's a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. Pirates are always going to find a way to pirate games and all DRMs do is frustrate paying customers.
  96. Jun 5, 2012
    I simply love it! I remember playing diablo 2 alot, and I also tried many mods for it, and diablo 3 really brings the good memories of the game. Its the best diablo out there, and the best hack and slash type game ever.
  97. Sep 26, 2012
    Well...4 months since launch and it is still absolutely terrible. Buy torchlight 2, borderlands 2, literally any other game but this. Blizzard has built a "game" that was never intended to be a fun user experience it was intended to gouge its playerbase for $ in the RMAH. This is the most unrewarding game released in a long time and it isn't even close.
  98. Jun 5, 2012
    This is a great game. Many nights without sleep. Graphics could be better, but I like it. I play as a mage - this awesome class. Already finished the game once and want more and more. Thank you Blizzard for the best game of this summer.
    And pls sorry for my english :)
  99. Jun 6, 2012
    This game is everything I could have asked for and more. I have put an endless number of hours in both previous games in the series, and I must say D3 is the best of them. Metacritic really should purge all the poor scores from people complaining about online only. It was clearly posted on Blizzard's websites, and it was listed on each and every retail box.
  100. Jun 7, 2012
    I haven't played any of the previous Diablo's, I'm thinking about buying them to compare, but Diablo III is a very enjoyable game to mess about on with friends or play seriously by yourself. Overall the graphics are nice, the gameplay is enjoyable, connection is fine. I don't know why people dislike it so much!

1. Aug 31, 2012