3.9

1. Jun 7, 2012
    Really great game. Most of the negative reviews are from people having launch day issues. It's really unfortunate, because the gameplay is really polished, quests are interesting, and just plain fun.
  2. Jun 8, 2012
    I have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes I felt it was to simplistic at first but the skill tree is awesome! There are so many options. I have been gaming on the PC and Apple computers sense 1983 and I get board of games very easy now a days and I have to say I have put 28+ hours into the game and I found my self wanting to play it more (This has not happened in years). I don't care about the DRM (pirate games are just as bad or worse) because I think that the developers ($$$$) need a pat on the back for this game. I know that Activision is a $$ cow but what company is not???? AT&T, Google, Microsoft, Apple, GM, Verizon, GE, IBM, EA, Facebook on and on!!!! We live in a capital nation and what this what we can we expect. I am just happy that PC gaming is so alive and well. Expand
  3. Jun 10, 2012
    Dont listen to any of these reviews, the 0 and low scores are from people who either bought it and had trouble logging on or someone who thought it was going to be exactly like diablo 2. Diablo 3 is a GREAT game and im loving it so much 1 month after release. Will be holding my attention for years!
  4. Jun 10, 2012
    Great game especially in Coop with friends!
    DIablo will always a grind game so if you don't like it, just leave it!
    auction house is a dangerous thing because you can get hooked just looking for items for your character instead of playing the game normally
    I advise you to finish the game normally and then go to auction!
  5. Jun 12, 2012
    this game is awful, and im a HUGE blizzard fan. at first i noticed i couldnt customize the look of my toon, yet.. its an rpg.. that right there says it all.. but the gameplay is terrible.. point click point click.. boring, where am i? no world map.. wow, no world map?! at that point i gave up, game sucks.
  6. Jun 12, 2012
    This game has been a huge disappointment to most players. Though many don't know anything about the Diablo series due to it's massive period of time between releases. Diablo 3 is a terrific game with beautiful graphics and the in depth story line and looting system will have you playing for weeks on end. I'd like to point out that this game will be receiving expansions as well as a raised level cap through the years and will provide months of game play. It's a truly fantastic game that is spoiled on kids who don't appreciate it. Expand
  7. Jun 13, 2012
    It amuses me how people people give such a negative comments on a game they have hardly touched. Several complaints are simply that there are minor issues with the game play, but if this was made by another company they would be compliments on how few they are instead. Others complain that you don't get to put points into a particular stat like you we're able to in the previous Diablo games and this creates a lack of diversity in builds. This simply is untrue as the current system allows for far more option, in D2 you would just go on-line and find the best build and use that one, now you actually think about what abilities you are going to take depending on you play style and group make up. Another common complaint is that the game is too easy, for this I have to say get to hell difficulty act 2. that is where the challenge really starts to ramp up. Normal and Nightmare really are there to teach you how to play your character and slowly give you all your skills with their 6 different variants each, Hell is to finish off your levels, and Inferno is to Give you the real Challenge. One last complaint is that the game is Grindy, well that shouldn't really be a surprise this is a Diablo game after all. Finally this game isn't perfect and there is defiantly areas that can be improved, and if we know Blizzard the problems will never be fixed.. JK everyone knows deep down that any bugs and game play issues will get fixed it's just a matter of time ;) Expand
  8. Jun 15, 2012
    I totally get being unhappy with the lack of innovation, but this is Blizzard, they don't innovate games so much as they perfect them. This is Diablo II perfected. It's also updated for a modern audience, yeah it's easier on lower difficulties but so is every other game these days. This game is unreal in it's abiility to suck you into it. I hate PC games to the point where this is the first one I've bought in over a decade, the last being Diablo II and I am loving every second of it. Don't let the crybabies fool you. This game is epic and once all the kinks are worked out within the next few months plan on playing this for years. Say that about other games...oh yeah you can't Expand
  9. Jun 15, 2012
    a good game deserves a good mark for great graphics. Optimal optimal gameplay of the series continued good characters and good dialogues blizzard had seven years of production
  10. Mar 4, 2014
    Since Loot 2.0 this game is cracking good fun. It took a while (perhaps too long) to iron out the creases. The haters gonna hate. But it is now close to perfection. I still can lose hours to it no worries.
  11. Jun 21, 2012
    This game is actually around a 9/10 in my opinion but it's the least I can do counterweight the pointless review bombing this site experienced with all the zero score reviewers. The game overs a smooth polished action smash up, and I've thoroughly enjoyed 200+ hours now of gameplay with a group of 3 friends. Blizzard continues to produce patches which have been smoothing out the end game experience and are working to reward actually playing the game. I'm looking forward to having as many hours logged in D3 as I did in D2 and D1/Hellfire. Expand
  12. Jun 23, 2012
    I created an account here specifically for the purpose of writing this review because I think so many people are unfairly giving this game poor reviews. I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, and I see no degradation of quality in Diablo 3. I love it. While there are some plot holes, the game largely holds true to the previous titles in the series with some great improvements. I love the skill trees, the ability to switch up how you play the game on the fly allows for great flexibility, particularly when the game seems to difficult to play. Often, the problem can be solved by tweaking your skills. It presents a fun dynamic of getting stuck and then figuring out how to get your self unstuck. I love the visuals, while not quite as dark and scary as previous titles, I love the look and feel of the game. I even like the auction house. I do not have that much time to play, although I have put in upward of 50 hours, so being able to quickly find items to keep my character relevant is easy and fun.

In my opinion, most of the people that are deriding this game are people without much life outside of gaming. It makes me sick to see some people dismissing this game so easily and vociferously. Get a life, I say.

If you're the least bit interested, I would recommend giving it a try. I love it and can see myself playing it for many years.
  13. Jun 25, 2012
    Almost all the negative reviews here are based on 1st week when there were some issues with access etc, and somehow players who expected to beat Inferno easily. Check the last 10 pages or so of reviews to get a more evenly balanced view. Ive played the entire franchise and this definitely carries on the tradition. Looks great, sounds great. You may have to get used to the new skill/rune system but once you figure it out you'll see that it enables a great variety in builds. Far more than previous versions. This game hasn't gone down so well with the crowd the expects 'BIS" and "end game". Somehow many players (while claiming to be Diablo fans from way back) miss the point that farming lower levels for gear upgrades was always part of Diablo. There was never any end-game other than beating Diablo (or Baal) and becoming more and more powerful. Diablo 3 makes looking for gear even more rewarding with random events and more champion mobs. The beginning levels are easy, but the challenges present themselves in the later acts where you get greater variety of affixes on the mobs that will be challenging or near impossible. If you are a hardcore (one death, your character is gone) player, Diablo 3 is even better as there is built-in shared stash between characters as well as crafting which lower level or new characters can access. So even if you die there is still progression in some aspects. no more "mules"

If you are a casual player, it appears to be going very well with that segment as well. Easy to enjoy at the lower level difficulties, try a few classes and then move on. Well worth $60 as you will get 100's of hours of gameplay.

Not sure why the 'online only" seems to be affect so many people. I only ever played "online" in D2 anyway to participate in the HC ladders and play with friends on battle.net anyway. It was done to counter all the previous issues with dupes and hacks. Honestly Ive seen far more draconian "DRM", this is not it. It's especially odd since online play is pretty much a required aspect of any multi-player game nowadays.

So in summary, still loving the game, glad to part of a new journey of Diablo, plenty of content to come.
  14. Jun 28, 2012
    I think Diablo is the game of the year

Not only because it has amazing graphics but for its history, for being so long, its difficulty

That itself is a Diablo and the people who complain because they do not play enough at Diablo 2
  15. Jul 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters, this is an amazing game. Yes, different than D2, but thankfully so! It's about loot, loot, loot and blizz will continue with tweaking the game for years to solve and perfect balance, just like they've done with all their games. Again, don't listen to the herd whiners!
  16. Jul 5, 2012
    After 2 months from the release of Diablo 3,after 100 hours of gameplay,i've decided to post my opinion about it.its a great game.it's again one of the most addictive games i've ever played...the battle mechanics,looting,auction house,bosses,they are so addictive in result that you can't stop playing...i've encountered a few problems with drm mode,everything is fluent,fast and easy...one of the best games ever... Expand
  17. Jul 12, 2012
    Nice game, great gameplay, smooth action, good balanced classes, AH. Big minus, after 300Hrs og playing there is not much to do. I have beaten beten diablo on inferno, have 3x60 and got bored with game.

Still, game is very much worth money spent.
  18. Jul 13, 2012
    Play it since release and never had big troubles. Of course there are serverdowntimes... but what everyone forgets: it's been released 2 months ago...
  19. Jun 30, 2013
    It`s a Blizzard Game, and Blizzard makes always very good Games. Do not listen to the 0/10 Points Reviews, the most People make this because they hate to be Online, Error 37, the Auction House or the difficult Gameplay on Inferno. It was made really easier by Blizzard)
    Yeah, you Need to Farm für Month the same Levels, but this was in Diablo 2 and 1 even so.

When you Score the
    Gameplay, the Game gets a 8 oder 9 off 10. The Game is even better than Tochlight, Path of Exile ore any other Hack&Slay Expand
  20. Jul 13, 2012
    Absolutely the most interesting game at this moment. I haven't play any other games since Diablo 3 published. At first it felt that it's too similiar to WoW and too less the Diablo 2. That is what many people says. But after playing it more I started to like it more and more. Suddenly I realized that I'm really keen on playing Diablo 3. I am already feeling that I am waiting expansion for Diablo 3, which is kinda silly because Diablo 3 isn't fully ready even. PVP is not yet published but it's coming into. Expand
  21. Jul 17, 2012
    Шедевр! 10 из 10.Обязательно для прохождения.Надеюсь эта игра станет игрой года 2012!.Отличный сюжет,gameplay.графика тоже на уровне,отличный multiplayer Expand
  22. Jul 19, 2012
    After 150 hours, i can say it's an excellent game. I really don't understand people with a low score: ok the expectations were very high, and the game is not perfect..but it is a very very good game !
  23. Jul 29, 2012
    I played this game for a month solid, I got my money's worth. I plan to play it again when they fix witch doctor pets to be viable in inferno and on PVP release. This game has a future. On line support with no monthly fee is awesome.
  24. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. esse jg e totalmente legal, n e injuativo como os outros a pocas classes claro mais n deixa de ser um bom jg point click . ele se iguala muito aos outros diablos 2 e 1 mais há muitas coisas q mudam.. Expand
  25. Aug 7, 2012
    I enjoy Diablo 3. i know it did not blow us away, but it sure is a hell of alot better than Diablo 2. This is a game i play it to have fun, unlike torchlight 1 which i play when i'm bored out of my mind. Diablo 3 had a great story to, We all know they had little to work with. So they used The lesser evils Belial, and, Azmodan.They made to be always online so that people couldn't install it on other computers Like you can with Diablo 2 Expand
  26. Aug 12, 2012
    Very good game.Nice graphics,true hack and slash game,great soundtrack.
    The always online thing didnt bothered me,except just one disconnect.
    Real money auction house is a great iea to deal with gold selling sites.
  27. Aug 16, 2012
    Dont let the fanboys fool you this is a great game although it does have its issues when it comes to endgame players, but you will have plenty of fun until then
  28. Aug 21, 2012
    I am hardcore D2 fan and I have to admit that D3 is ideal sequel. D2 sucks in almost every aspect that Blizzard managed to fix in D3. Broken D2 UI - fixed. Boring endgame turning into endless Hell Baal Runs - fixed. Ridiculously **** up melee combat in D2 - fixed. 85% of the skills in D2 sucks and are waste of the points - guess what, D3 managed to fix it with awesome skill system. Gold was a mock in D2 time, you may have 50kk gold which worth literally **** nothing, and now even 100k of gold worth a lot in D3. Etc, etc, every point that D2 has, was fixed, re-thinked or made from scratch in better way.
    It was definitely worth to wait 12 years for D3 release, this is superior gem in every aspect offering both excellent single and coop modes experience.
  29. Aug 26, 2012
    I will say the game wasn't great when it first came out, but since patch 1.0.4 has come out i have been playing everyday. Love the new paragon system cause you feel like your making progress regardless of if you get a new piece of gear or not as each level gives you 3% damage and 1%hp and xp doesnt take forever to gain so if you dont have alot of time say 20 minutes to play you can still gain 1 million xp in that time and you still feel like your making progress. It was something this game sorely needed and was a great choice. Its a very rewarding system imo.
    I will also say this game is in its infancy, every other diablo game was pretty bad when it first came out as well and there now critically acclaimed as some of the best arpg's ever.

I wouldnt have given this game a 10 pre patch 1.0.4 but now im having a great time and it has re-taken my life so now it is worth every bit of that 10 to me.
  30. Sep 12, 2012
    Everything i have dreamed for last ten years come true. I dont rely on opinions of people who didnt play diablo 2 hardcore and neither dont understand reviews like "its boring to kill same monsters for months". Huh, i know hundreds of people who like their job and do same things for years! I dont mention diablo 3 is like a favorite job. Opposite, its a favorite hobby for me, and truly shows what i waited for, and what i live for at the moment. Best game in genre, (action-rpg without expansion pack). Expand
  31. Sep 22, 2012
    Why does Metacritic have a 10-point system. A simple "Did You Like It? Yes or No?" would suffice. The user-reviews in here are so rediculous it makes me smile. There is absolutely no way in hell this game is worth 0 (zero) points. But that is what everybody gives it when they have one or two gripes with it. I liked the game a lot btw, and had my fun throughout. I got an extremely polished game with a great single-player experience, and even better with friends. I dont play it anymore, because I got tired of it. I will however play the expansions to come.

If this score-system had any real thought behind it, I would have rated Diablo 3 av clean 8/10. But since everything said on here is angry kids with problems with their internet connections, I'll give it a 10 to compensate.

0 points? Are you people kidding me?
  32. Sep 23, 2012
    I think its time for a new 'critic' website. I think people should have to give specific reasons why they gave a '0', because when they don't, it lets them get away with 'zero' scores. There is no way, you can assign a 'zero' score, to every component of Diablo 3. To try to do so, shows the level of idiocy and immaturty and lies that those assign 'zero' scores possess. It's utterly laughable, to suggest that a game of the depth and visual splendor that Diablo 3, deserves a 'zero' score. We all know that metacritic allows you to RIG the system, by now forcing people to 'explain' their scores. If someone doesn't explain their score, we should be allowed to force their score off the system, and without that option, this system is just simply rigged, and metacritic should be ashamed of themselves for offering such a pety, chlidish rating system and user ratings offering. Places like Gamespot, which I dont agree on all things with ( where is that even possible) has a decent system at least, as other similar sites do, where they MUST explain their scores for each component, or obviously be seen as INCOMPETENT and just lying. That is the problem with metacrtiic, and I refuse to come here anymore and see a rigged system in place, allowing people to post riciculously low scores. It doesn't hurt the game in the SLIGHTEST, and all it really does is show the hateful, childish immature remarks by some 'teenies' on here. It's that obvious LOL. Expand
  33. Sep 28, 2012
    After 200 hours of Diablo 3, I have got 2 sub-60 level Legendary gear drops. I have 2 level 60 characters and 3 more in the 50 levels. It is now that my appreciation for the game begins.

D3 is all about killing bad monsters and looting
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    es un juegazo a toda regla, manadas de pendejos que le dan 0 a lo sumo trolls a la lata en esta pagina desafortunada mente se perdió la credibilidad a lo hora de hacer un analisis pero bueno, yo diría que este juego me ha dado horas de diversión constante es adictivo y una historia fenomenal, lastima que no innova mucho pero aun así cumple con las expectativas..
  35. Oct 7, 2012
    This game is actually really a lot of fun. I have enjoyed it just as much or more than my experiences with DI and DII. I look forward to the new patches blizzard has planned and will play this game well into the future. Give this game a chance. Create your own experience and then develop your own opinion on it. I actually think having it as an online game is helpful because I can then store my character on a server and not have to worry about losing it with a computer failure. Expand
  36. Xon
    Jan 25, 2013
    IGNORE THE HATERS

There is much to enjoy and admire in this game, if this is your cup of tea. personally, I've spent countless hours replaying the game with different characters.

I tried to play Diablo 2, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any other dungeon crawlers. With D3 I hit the ground running and not once did I look back. It is game, not the cure for cancer. I had fun,
    perhaps you will too. Expand
  37. Oct 21, 2012
    Way better than Diablo 2. Blizzard thankfully took all the annoying things in D2 and changed them. The story is fine, but the dialogs and the whole screenplay is terrible. The skill system is simply amazing, the items are way better and the stat screen although not perfect is at least informative compared to the random numbers in D2 char screen.
  38. Nov 2, 2012
    I don't understand all that negative comes from launch, when servers wasn't ready enough to hold all that numbers of players, and the game still doe's not ready to be finished, but Blizzard doing all what they think is right to get it done, when i start to play (almost after release tho) i had the feelings that i still play beta, but with patches games come better.

I don't know is it
    better then Diablo 2 or not, these are different games, but i 95% sure that games does not deserve that kinda of negative responses that it gets.

All that i see now, is that game get some additions and changes all over the patches, same as was with previous part of franchise. And you must to know that game have plenty of space to progress: arenas not out yet,more random events can be added to game in any time, normal items can get some use, crafting system can be improved, new cases, act, areas can be added. Only one negative thing about game is AH and RMAH, cus all game work around it, but hey it better that blizzard get some cut of real money (or gold, hehe) paid for items (if some one want to pay, and can, why not?) than some creepy illegal shops get it.

So for now game is 7 of 10 but i put 10 to get some heads up for the good developers.
  39. Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, game needs connection to Internet. Yest, DRM is frustrating. Yes, game is expensive. So what? I can't stop laughing when i read comments like: "i spend 200+ hours and i can tell that game is piece of s*it" For me, it means, that you guys have too much free time, or you just like torturing yourself by doing things you didn't like :) Haters gonna hate.
  40. Nov 9, 2012
    Diablo 3 is addictive! It supplies all the needs a game junkie requires. The auction house adds the dimension of choice. The levels add an ongoing need to keep playing the same script over and over again. The multi-player aspect makes it fun, fast paced and leveling up seems to quicker. Over-all, I love this game as well as diablo 2.
  41. Jan 3, 2013
    Just finished the game on diff. level Inferno (i.e. I played through the game 4 times). I can only say it's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and more than worth the buying price. Is it as good as Diablo II? Hard to say, maybe there's a little less long-term motivation to play it, but it's still an excellent game. How it can currently hold a user score of 3.8 on metacritic is beyond me... people here should realize that giving scores like that basically makes the user score on this website look completely unreliable -- even if you think D2+LoD was better, there's no way that D3 is a 3.8. Expand
  42. Jan 16, 2013
    Best game ever made. Simply the best, always so fun and fresh, with friends the best. Kill everything one shoot, dps the best. Haters es no like game because they no demon hunter 300 K dps. I spent 300 euro for gear the best and now I kill diablo 2 times in one time.

Blizzard es never fail, every game the best, I unlog from demon hunter dps and I log in mage on wow and kill panda dps
    the best. And if I bored kill the panda I login starcraft, buy ultralisk or Thor and destroy enemy every time very fast. ALWAYS. Expand
  43. Jan 25, 2013
    Best Hack & Slay & Loot I've ever played! Innovative skill systems, which let's you adept your way of playing and strategy according to current difficulty and equipment. You can have a challenge on high mp or just be godlike on low mp, just the way you want for your current game session. Polished gameplay. things, that still have to be done - more variation and customization for the equipment dyes for sets/legendary more legendary/sets.
    - more levels - there are still some bugs, which are frustrating e.g. monk dashing strike bug

Why 10 and not 9 or 8 even so not everything is perfect?!

Blizzard is constantly improving the game!
    if you played it since release (as I did) you would realize immediately, that this company is keen to satisfy the community!

I understand that some players were frustrated at the beginning because of server problems, but rating a game 0 or 1 because of that is just hilarious.

And yes the game is repetitive in terms of location and enemies If you are not willing to play the same locations over and over again, i wouldn't recommend this game for you!

You can also be sure, they will not transform d3 in d2(part2), what a lot of people here seems to want - but some people like me, are really glad they will never do...
  44. Feb 13, 2013
    People love to HAte games, Diablo 3 is the natural successor of Diablo 2. The story is amazing, the game play improved a lot and patch after patch made awesome. Gameeplay changed from the intial one with the paragon levels introduction, soon other features will be released for free in this game that is simply amazing. As all the hack and slash games it can be ripetitive, but this is what an hack and slash is, a farming game, you will be required to farm your items or you will need to buy them from other players on the auction house. Expand
  45. Apr 1, 2013
    Blizzard's really doing a great job in the game, as well as improving it.
    My friends and I still play this game on a very regular basis, and we'll say it's pretty awesome.
    Kudos to Blizzard.
  46. Apr 5, 2013
    A Masterpiece of Art, uplifting Mythology, sound, mystery, etc. I LOVE IT NOW PLAYING INFERNO LEVEL. Will play again and again to better understand the mythology and relationships of the STORY which many gamers don't know how to follow.
  47. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the least deserving game to get a low user score I have ever seen. The truth is a lot of the reviewers are simply cult fanatics who grew up with the prequels and have too many complaints because they're too edgy to be satisfied by any follow ups. DRM is acceptable the only people who complain about that are people who want to pirate the game instead of having to dip into funds their parents won't let them have. In truth Diablo 3 is a fantastic game with an inspired artistic style. While it is true that the story cannot be appreciated after repeating every difficulty mode, this reviewer reckons the true fun isn't to be had until one invests in their op legendary gear and starts farming Inferno (10). The truth is the game isn't meant to be soloable at this level because there is a huge dependency on class ability diversity when fighting elite mobs. The story line is brilliant and the real-time rendering of the cinematic cutscenes lives up to Blizzards standards set by the WoW franchise. As little as a user score matters in what is probably one of the most overcritical, insatiable demographics, I must say that Blizzard have barely deserved such treatment when there are much worse games out there receiving better scores simply due to a smaller demographic that doesn't consist of a bunch of whiny little kids.

To the morons who keep complaining about not logging on, there are 3 likely explanations: EIther your internet speed is awful, you pirated the game and you're too stupid to understand what DRM is or you tried to log in during downtime. Regardless, you're a bunch of bloody idiots because you can't review a game that you haven't played just because you're clearly doing something wrong while everyone else is getting on just fine. Seriously, your zeros are worthless!
  48. May 29, 2013
    Some rare and strange appears only in the rare spawn points, this setting is also normal, everyone can sum up, there's always the law to investigate!
  49. Jun 17, 2013
    This game got roasted for having a rocky first week, as well as the impossibly high expectations from gamers who hold past Diablo games on a pedestal. I almost docked a point for being online-only, but I'm not someone who would actually play it offline, so for me it's not an issue. As it stands, the game is currently the best ARPG out there. The server hasn't been an issue since week 1, there is now PVP, the crafting is improved, the drop rates are better, the legendaries and sets are better, the players are genuinely pushed to play together cooperatively through massive bonuses, and players can control their gameplay experience a lot via the monster power settings. Of course the game can get boring after about 200 hours, but what game doesn't? The fact is that this is the best ARPG on the market. I've played the others, and they don't really hold a candle. The design of the skills and the classes is of the highest quality. Compare to Torchlight 2 where the skill balance and class balance is atrocious. Expand
  50. Jun 22, 2013
    That game is absolutely fantastic-YOU ALL give that game 0 or 1. Why? because you said "that's boring". But it's hack n' slash When you know what hack n' slash is- and you don't like it- so why you bought it and play?In newest version lags and kicks are so rare.I think you are only haters of Blizzard.
  51. Aug 25, 2013
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. This is my favorite overhead game of all time, yep better than Diablo II in my opinion. This is the best looking games ive ever played. The cinematics the best looking ive ever seen. The gameplay is simply fantastic although gets repetitive later on.
  52. Aug 31, 2013
    The only regret is that I waited all this time to play Diablo 3. That game isn't comparable to other h&s in the market. The details, the structure of the map, battles, story,graphics effects, etc. all to a higher level.
  53. Sep 5, 2013
    I bought this game the day it came out and I have been playing it ever since, and I must say I love every minute I spend playing it. Even when you complete the game you can just keep going (unlike diablo 2 with a level 99 cap), and the fun never ceases. I would highly recommend this game to other gamers looking for a great RPG to get addicted to.
  54. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been over a year since the release of this game and as all the dust has for the most part settled from the initial fiasco of the internet connectivity issues and a solution for the terrible idea that was the real money auction house (just get rid of it entirely). All in all I've got to say, this game is one of the best dungeon crawlers I've experienced in a long while. I do believe that despite Blizzard being a very successful company, they sure do have a horrible fanbase. The community is some of the worst cases of self-entitlement I've ever seen. They really just feel that the longer they play a game they hate the more Blizzard will break down and do something...in actuality most of us actually enjoy Blizzard's games very much (this one included) and really those who hate it are a small minority who seem to enjoy torturing themselves with "mediocre" games until someone fixes it, which really never happens in their mind. Expand
  55. Feb 10, 2014
    Atleast we can know now that Poe and Torchlight has 5,3K fanboys . Like some1 gives a sh1t about their reviews. This is not Diablo or Diablo 2 deal with it . We are in 2014 and things change.
  56. Mar 6, 2014
    This is one of the best single player games of all time. Plain and Simple if you have internet then you should try it.

The only reason why this game has so many negative reviews is because it requires internet and the fact that when it first came out there was a lot of issues but they have all been fixed and a lot of improvements have been made to that game that make it really good now.
  57. Apr 5, 2014
    However this game may be considered a failure by most hardcore Diablo fans, I think the new direction and feel really makes the game better for modern audiences. People don't like change. If we wanted the same game as Diablo II we'd end up making another COD franchise with the exact same thing every time. All the negativity and arguments aside, I really enjoyed my play throughs of this game. The changes Blizzard has made since release, really adds more playability and fun to the game. I consider this a worthy successor to Diablo II, however most people won't agree with me. Perhaps that is because despite playing all of the Diablo games, I started with Diablo III first. Expand
  58. Apr 13, 2014
    This game isn't a step up from Diablo II, but is in NO means a step down. Beautiful graphics, voice actors, and cinematics make this game look like a masterpiece. Buy it.
  59. Jun 21, 2014
    It seems like nobody can enjoy classic genres like ARPG's (Action Role-Playing Game) anymore. People think that these games are too repetitive but I like it and people may complain about how Diablo 3 had ruined its Diablo franchise but its new expansion, RoS (Reaper of Souls) has made improvements to the game by a long run. People who played this game awhile back when the game was released should really consider trying it again and give it a better review. Expand
  60. Jul 28, 2014
    Blizzard, as it was in the past, is probably the best developer in understanding the market trend and taste of players all around the world. Diablo 2 is the master piece in its era, and I would say, Diablo 3 is the master piece of ARPG nowadays.

Some will complain about the simplified mechanics in this game. Let's just look at the success of Skyrim, it rocks because it dumps the
    over-complicated RPG elements, so that fans of Call of Duty and other action gamers can join the community without frustration, so the game becomes a fantastic game highly praised by everyone.

The same logic applies here. In fact, Blizzard has a much better vision here. I will help everyone here to see it. With the booming of mobile phone or tablet gaming markets, there are strong requests from the causal gamers to have a pay-to-win model.

By introducing pay-to-win model, the profit of developers rises so they have more resources dedicated to make a perfect game. This is why Diablo 3 is perfect when comapred to Diablo 2. And the pay-to-win models finally give causal players the competitive edge to work against the hardcore gamers, achieving the balance of power among players. This explains the prosperity of Diablo 3 community, in which it probably will grow even faster in the future 10 years.

Unfortunately, many players here can not see the future foreseen by Blizzard. Blizzard is indeed trying hard to advance the gaming atmosphere to a new era with everyone will soon realize and enjoy in future.
  61. Aug 8, 2014
    Short serious review-opinion: (First about me) I have played Diablo 2 Lod for about 10 years, played every character, loved story and its feel. I am truly hardcore fan.
    (REVIEW:) THIS GAME IS FLAWLESS. Except - DRM, and thankfully, it is GONE. Now, nothing can compare to it, because it is child of Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction and gentlemen, it is true child and hold up its name despite
    haters all around... Long Live the Diablo! Expand
  62. May 17, 2012
    Latency issues and login errors almost stopped after 30 minutes of the release, and all servers are stable right now, stop trolling guys, no one in the right mind checks MC user reviews due to guys like you, the game definitely doesn't deserve 0 just because you couldn't log in for 15 minutes
  63. RNN
    May 15, 2012
    Haters gonna hate. It's disgusting how many people are whining about DRM, server stability(on launch night(facepalm)), and the auction house. No users who have "reviewed" this game have actually spent a significant time playing it. And how could they. As I'm writing this the game has been live for less than five hours. I've played through the first act and have had a hell of a time. I can't wait to get back online but one must sleep and eat. It took about an hour after midnight for me to log in but it was well worth the wait and I completely understand that literally thousands of other people were trying to log in for the first time just like myself. The server stability is now fixed and players can log in and out without having error messages. As far as the auction houses are concerned if you dont like it then dont use it. It's just that simple. I've loved what I've experienced so far and once the campaign is done I cant wait to tackle inferno mode with my friends XD. This game is a must buy. Expand
  64. May 15, 2012
    Blizz removed the skill and stat points. Yeah. But, I think it doesn't change anything other than mindlessly placing skill points to an overpowered skill and stat points to the obvious like Strength for Barbarian and Magic for Sorceress. The always online DRM even for single player sessions makes the game look bad though. :(

But server problems aside, the game is definitely a gem of a
    lifetime. Torchlight II might come but it's just #2 to Diablo 3. :) Expand
  65. May 15, 2012
    Overall solid game, lot of day 1 issues however but this is usually the case with Blizzard releases. Combat is good from what I've seen, feels meaty and very enjoyable. Game particularly shines while playing online, games are easy to find and what I have seen so far of the community is good.

Always online DRM though is the major issue, single player game lag just shouldn't happen. I am
    aware it's done to stop item cheats since "items = real money" but it's still annoying as all hell. This will pass as launch hype fades but I am not a fan of always online single player, it's a joke. Expand
  66. May 15, 2012
    Been able to play fine since I sat down a few hours ago. The game play is really smooth and rewarding. The graphics are great and the sound is awesome.
  67. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 12 years... Blizzard... seriously? Thats all what you done for 12 years? Starcraft 2 - just starcraft 1 with 3D.
    Diablo 3 - diablo 2 with 3D and without RPG, just grinding.
    10 hours for first difficult, and thats your 12 years of development?
    Score of game is 6.5/10. But its for 1year project. OH GOD SO MUCH ANGRY INSIDE.
  68. May 15, 2012
    The reviews: I'll point out two things. 1) Many of the 0's are the same talking points in the same order. 2) A third of the 0's complain that D3 is the same as D2, while another third complain that D3 is nothing at all like D2.
    The game: immersive, well-designed hack-n-slash. The skill system is now a "loadout" like Bastion: all are available but you have to pick the set you're playing
    with for now. Every skill as 6 variants so there are limitless builds to every character. Different builds play well for single target vs. groups, survival vs. glass cannon, or single player vs. co-op -- not to mention your own playstyle! Do you like to jump around or kill as things come to you? Do you prefer the challenge of starting weaker but building up big buffs over time, or consistent DPS with giant nukes on cooldown? Hardcore mode is there for folks who don't like the casual experience of resurrecting at checkpoints. Expand
  69. May 15, 2012
    If this is not your first blizzard game, you should have known better. I have never seen a single smooth Blizzard launch. People are giving this game 0 scores while they haven't even played it, they are just raging and spoiled 12 year olds who can't play their game after their day of school, or people acting like them. I have currently played 4-5 hours into the story, and I really enjoyed myself, that is what I base my score on. Expand
  70. May 15, 2012
    Yes, the launch was a little shaky at 3am, and yes, that should have been fixed. But now that the game is running smoothly, it is every bit as enjoyable as the older entries in the series. A delightful dungeon crawl.
  71. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game! Played for hours and hours with some new found friends. The release was rough as all get out, but the game is well worth it all. Sure, copypasta for an hour and a half is never fun but the slaying of demons for 8 straight hours sure is!
  72. May 15, 2012
    Disconnect issues at launch were extremely frustrating, but once I got into the game it was just as fun as my brief experience with the beta was. Played for a couple of hours with friends and had tons of fun. Many of the 0 point, 5 line reviews are likely from people either (understandably) frustrated from the launch or hate the game/Blizzard for some childish reason.

Legitimate
    complaints:
    -Horrible Launch
    -Online only DRM frustrating for people who want to play single player

Lies from previous reviews:
    -"Game is not fun" - yes this is subjective, but I really can't see how someone who actually managed to get online last night did not have a blast with their friends.
    -"Atmosphere is cartoony" - This more than anything leads me to believe said people have not actually played the game, the atmosphere and art styles are brilliant and appropriately dark. Additionally, this is as gory a game as you're going to play.

Things I disagree With From previous Reviews
    -"Lack of skill points makes this game worse" - In diablo 2 the optimal builds were just figuring out how much dex/str you needed to equip items and then just sinking the rest into vitality. Admittedly this did allow for troll builds, but those were never something I had the patience to do. I do not miss this at all.
    -"Auction house is pay to win" - Given that you can auction items on the real money auction house and never have to cash in your earnings, players who never choose to spend a dollar on this game will still see the benefit of the time they put into it. If you don't understand this please read up on how the real money auction house works.

Perhaps Blizzard does deserve a low user score for the moment as backlash for their terrible launch, but I handled that with pissed of comments on their facebook and twitter. I hope anyone reading this review finds it as a well reasoned rebuttal to the pure rage being posted here. Even given how terrible it was waiting for an hour and a half past launch time to play, I had a blast with my friends and balancing all of that leaves me with a score of 9. I'd also please remind everyone that all but a tiny fraction of you are still on Act 1 or 2 for chrissakes! Please try and least beat the game on normal (1 of FOUR difficulties) before making a final judgement, as I will.
  73. May 15, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for since 2001. The UI and control scheme are vastly improved, the pacing is excellent. I love the removal of manual stat adjustment and/or allocation as this was mostly useless before, and the new ability system is excellent. I also like the removal of the potion belt. The online DRM system is assy, but it is what it is. I miss the Gem/Rune system from 2. The graphics engine is dated and inefficient, I wish they had put little more time into exploiting the high end hardware and maybe even DX11 support. I you Like DIablo 2 and Torchlight, you will love this. Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    Most of the bad reviews seem to be because you can't cheat through this game or pirate it. Boohoo! Game is great, even with my bad internet connection. Gets a little laggy at times and at first I was a bit disappointed at the required internet connection, but if it stops cheating and pirating of the game I really couldn't care less. Cash auction house is great addition, EQ2 did it for a few years, and people are going to sell their stuff for real money illegally anyways, so this is an outstanding fix. Quit crying because you can't cheat! Expand
  75. May 15, 2012
    Despite the launch problems which are the source of most people's complaints, Diablo 3 is an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding game that lives up to it's expectations.
  76. May 15, 2012
    great game. diverse and different in all the best ways from the original. few clunky issues with interface and server issues on first day, but overall, great.
  77. May 15, 2012
    I just beat the game in about 12 hours. Going relative speed.
    THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT NORMAL MODE, NOT HARDER DIFFICULTY!
    I played Monk, loved it! The normal mode is very easy once you get the hang of it. Had some troubles with some parts and died a few times. Going to kep this as biased as possible.
    Storywise, I found the game extremely pleasing. Very dark, unforgiving story that ends in a
    very pleasing manner. Some voice acting is a bit off aswell as some bosses spamming the same line 3-4 times during a fight.
    Gameplaywise I think it was very well done, took some time getting used to, keybinds have to be changed from blizzard defaults though.
    Bosses were fun, not very hard at normal difficulty, but fun. Having to actually think about it and dodge things and use different skills. Also I found that if I thought in advance of what skills to take into certain bosses I had more fun with it, changing specs every now and again. Kept things feeling really new.
    I didn't really feel that changing skills in the middle of combat was possible :D Maybe it's just me, or then it's intended that way, didn't see it as a big issue though. Might have been overpowered that way.
    Monk as a class is extremely versatile, you can be a tankish, healer supportish or damage... Heck! Even all of the above! So playing solo will be no problem, as well as being a huge addition to any team.
    I don't know how the content scales at higher levels since I played through it solo and only did groups with friends when servers were down from lvls 1-15, seemed to scale well enough though.
    One major problem with this game in my opinion is that it seems a bit too casual friendly in the way that dieing is no big deal. A lot of checkpoints and only getting -10% durability to items is absolutely nothing. Also I don't seem to have anything to use my money on, other that leveling smithing (which you do with nothing but money). It didn't feel very rewarding pressing a button that said PRESS HERE TO LEVEL SMITHING (7000 gold) to learn a few new items.
    TL;DR Awesome game, very minor flaws. Storyline good, Gameplay good. Voice acting was meh at some parts but mostly good too.
  78. May 15, 2012
    Game is fun and the battles get epic. Not the same game as diablo 2 but rather the evolution with outstanding visuals and carnage you cant get enough of. To all the crying... Haters gonna hate.
  79. May 15, 2012
    Lived up to every expectation i had. Amazing game. Played diablo 2 for like 7-8 years and really think its and improvement to the series. Gl hf playing it :)
  80. May 15, 2012
    All these people rating it a 0-2 are ridiculous. Sure the DRM and always online thing is silly. But lets get to the real meat of the game. I was lucky and was able to log in around 5AM and have been playing it since. It took me a good 6 or so hours to beat Act 1. I don't understand these "cartoony" graphics. It doesn't look like WoW, look at a screen of WoW and then Diablo 3, then look at a screen of Diablo 2. And tell me what it looks more like. Ya it looks more like Diablo 2. What a bunch of cry babies PC gamers have become. Once the server issues get fixed this game will be perfect. I find it ironic that people complaining about cartoony graphics then say, "I'm going to buy Torchlight 2." Really guys, Torchlight is more cartoony then WoW. Get over yourselves. Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    Great Game. If you love the other D1 and D2 you will love this, too many people complaining about a Release date.. of course its going to have server problems. only negative thing i have to say about Diablo 3 is that the single player should of stayed in, But can you blame them? players always trying to hack and dupe items, they are just trying to make it enjoyable for everyone.
  82. May 15, 2012
    Play the game slowly and take in all the details of the game. I've been playing for 12 hours and nearing the end of act 2 just because I have taken the time to do other things rather than race to the finish line.

I believe this lives up to the expectations of diablo 2 lod and i give it a 9.
  83. May 16, 2012
    So after getting over the intial frustration and letting Blizzard fix their issues, I found that Diablo 3 is the most fun of I have had gaming in quite a few years. Now I am only 16 at this point, but I have been taking my sweet time, listening to the lore, and enjoying the timed mini-event, multiple bosses, and trying several different builds with one character. To calm everyones nerves, the game is incredibly long regardless what these other very angry people say about the game because of the servers. I am at the end of Act I and I am over 9 hours in. There is alot of content and alot of variation, crafting has been significantly improved and it gives you a reason to hold on to all the blues you find. Item variation is plentiful and you will find alot of different abilities and stats on different items you find.

The story again regardless what people say is incredibly deep and well thought out, I have enjoyed the cinematics and they done great job with the voice acting and lore. The music and sound is spot on and sounds are crisp and easy to differentiate depending on what skills you are using, who you are attacking, ect. That brings me to the graphics, this a top down RPG, it is not supposed to have mind blowing graphics, it is supposed to be able to handle 300-400 objects on the screen, while particle effects and animations are going on. The gameplay took the best from D2 and eliminated all the unneccessary micro managing and unneccessary attributes, what we are left with here is just a game that is incredibly addicting and fun to play. There will be people who will spend 5+ years on this just like D2 because of the item progression, AH, and crafting alone. There are a few minor bugs and some framerates hiccups, but overall Blizzard has built a worthy sequel and regardless the outlandish and untrue things these other people are saying on here, this is the 100% truth.
  84. May 15, 2012
    Hey guys come on! Distribute points where they are always the same by the class you are... the automatic unlock of skills when you level up... please they only save us some useless time. The game is all about fun. Keep the game alive is the devs only worry., and guess.. they do it
  85. May 17, 2012
    They've done it again. Regardless of the game being streamlined, it has been streamlined to perfection.All conventional game elements are still there, albeit in a bit more different form. The streamlined mechanics not only provide a great foundation for itemization, but they also offer more variety in character building than pre-LoD Diablo 2 for example.
  86. May 15, 2012
    As someone who played both Diablo and Diablo 2 when they were originally released, but not for long after, I am enjoying D3 so far. I'm about 6 hours in playing a Barbarian and quite happy with the progression so far. Act 2 definitely brings back some of the classic Diablo feel, the sand wasps with their poison bugs remind me of those stupid little pygmies from Act 3 of D2. I honestly don't give a crap about the supposed lack of customizable skills for the characters as I hated getting locked into a **** spec through ignorance in D2. And since the action bars can be set up any way you like, it does add a custom feel to each character. While I don't really like the fact you can't access single player games when the servers are down, the login problems will be sorted out soon and everyone will get to play. It's day one people, get a grip. Expand
  87. May 15, 2012
    Played 20 minutes on my single player diablo 3 save file and got kicked off the internet. I CAN'T wait until I can log back into my awesome single player game and make a new character because I lost all of my progress.
  88. Dec 20, 2012
    Looking at the pages and pages of 0's, 90%< of them say "couldn't log in for 12 hours, rubbish". Now that is fixed, all these reviews should be removed so that this game can get a proper rating from people taking it seriously.

Great game, endless hours of fun, especially with the big patches, getting better all the time.
  89. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the trolls, this is a solidly fun game. If you liked Torchlight, Borderlands, or YES Diablo II, you'll find plenty to like in this game. NEWSFLASH: The core appeal of these games is the loot pinata, not feeling like you're special because you googled a spec list so you can feel superior to a hypothetical person who didn't. Do you like killing things, smashing them, and the feeling of being an overpowered badass? Great, Diablo III has plenty of that, in way more stripes than Diablo II! Expand
  90. May 15, 2012
    I like Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is a good game because you can have spells. when i play Diablo 3, I like to use fire bats. Diablo 3 has very good graphics. Diablo 3 is one of my favorite games to play. Diablo 3 has some problems with its server but i like it anyway. Diablo 3 loves me and i love it. When i set stuff on fire in Diablo 3 it tickles me in the pants. That is all.
  91. May 15, 2012
    Disclaimer: So far, I have played over 7 hours straight, without a hiccup or bug to speak of. Now, I'm not saying others haven't run into issues, but for me, my experience has been stellar. And frankly, considering it's day one of a major launch, there is no way any reasonable and sensible individual would downvote the game for that. Anyone who's been gaming (PC gaming specifically) for any significant amount of time knows that launch days are *always* a mixed bag with server issues, bugs, and various trial-and-error shenanigans. I have been a PC gamer for decades. I have never seen a smooth, pristine, bug-and-issue-free launch. Never. Now on to the important stuff.

If you enjoyed Diablo (I did), Diablo II (I definitely did), or just enjoy ARPG's in general (if only there were more), Diablo III is a wonderfully refined addition to that genre and retains its crown. While some people feel "streamlining" is a tool of the devil (heheh)--and I agree it is often used as an excuse for developer laziness--it isn't always a bad thing. I personally feel that the D3 team struck the appropriate balance. The game is easy enough to get into if you've never touched a Diablo game in your life (or any ARPG), but for veterans willing to dig a little deeper into the mechanics, there is a depth and wealth of customization available to you. I have found the customization is just as, if not much more, deep than in the previous two installments. I know some will crow with laughter over that and point to the removal of attribute points as evidence of some sort of "dumbing down"...but I would point out that the combination of reprioritizing stats, return of socketed items, and the insane amount of skills per class, enable the player to take customizing their character far beyond anything Diablo II could hope to achieve while still creating a unique and viable build.

I also find the story to be told far better than in Diablo II and you can tell that the D3 team definitely made it a priority to ramp their effort up in that department. This is a welcome change; not only do you get improved hack-and-slash-and-looting enjoyment but you can now pair that with improved storytelling. I feel a lot more drawn into this Diablo's world than I did in either the previous games.

Overall, I feel it will be a comfortable glove for most Diablo veterans while bringing enough newness to the table to make it a worthy successor to the Diablo line. I also feel little need to return to Diablo 2, save for nostalgia's sake, as Diablo 3 delivers on that experience and then goes above and beyond. And most of all, this game is FUN. In all caps. So I heartily recommend this game for hack-and-slash ARPG aficionados, Diablo fans, and anyone wondering just what the big deal is with this Diablo thingamajig. 9/10 (no such thing as perfect imo), looking forward to hopefully many expansions. Let the slaughter begin!
  92. May 15, 2012
    To all those unsure about buying the game; it's more then worth it .The only reason I'm giving it a nine is because there's no offline mode, which is kind of irritating. The graphics aren't mind-blowing, but they suit the game well. Other then that, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Most of the people here are bombing the game's score because Blizzard's servers are having problems, which is probably the least surprising thing in the world; a game that's been hotly anticipated for over ten years has server problems on it's launch day?! What a frikin' shock! But in all seriousness, don't listen to them. I've been playing for only about 4 hours now, but it's amazing. The Demon Hunter class is supremely awesome, and I think that most people will enjoy this game, without having the biased opinion of those who think the fact that the servers are slow is a cause to flame this game with bad reviews. Expand
  93. May 15, 2012
    There is so much flaming about this game it is disgusting. There are launch hiccups like every other online game. However, the hours I have played have been incredibly enjoyable. The entire game is a modernized version of the franchise, with the writer of D2 writing the story of D3. I cannot say much about the story at this point but after playing D2 for the past few weeks, D3 is a breath of fresh air. Expand
  94. May 15, 2012
    First the negative: it was a bit of a pain in the ass to get on the first couple of hours due to high server loads, and while I think they could have implemented some sort of queue so you didn't just have to spam login I think we all expected it and from a technical standpoint there was absolutely no way to prevent it.

The positive: Blizzard has made a FANTASTIC game, the constant online
    play makes hacking/duping much more difficult and after the first couple days the high server load issue will decline extremely rapidly. As someone who got terribly bored playing the first two Diablo games for anything more than a week at a time I still find this addicting like neither of them ever were. Bravo Blizzard.

This would have been a 10 but for the lack of a queue on login.
  95. Jun 16, 2012
    Having brought 3 characters to level 50+ and one character to the level 60 post game in the past couple of weeks, I find that the game feels like something between playing slot machines and eating Kraft cheese singles. It is short, linear, repetitive, and, above all, boring.
  96. May 15, 2012
    Why I do agree the Always On DRM is crap, Diablo 3 itself is a great game. I haven't had a single issue logging in or playing. This game feels much longer than Diablo 2 or 1 and feels much more complex. Take the negative scores with a grain of salt. Yes, every launch has a rocky start.
  97. May 15, 2012
    Apart from the botched release - which is something that has happened with damn near every World of Warcraft expansion as well - the game is very very good. It's refined the gameplay from Diablo II, and I would argue for the better. Online only is not a big deal, like it's not a big deal in Starcraft 2.
  98. aTn
    May 15, 2012
    Most reviews done by users before the day of release (or a few hours after release) are simply rants against the DRM policy. Thanks to them for polluting the set of user reviews and making them have absolutely no meaning at all, except for the fact that many like to whine.

I've been playing the game for about 5 hours and it is simply great. I will reserve judgement until I've completed it
    and the dust has settled a bit. I give it a 9 based on sound (the music is awesome, even the installer music !), graphics, lighting effects and the story. Expand
  99. May 15, 2012
    Judging this game based on launch drama is silly. In a year when people are looking to see how Diablo 3 is, they'll need to see real reviews.

This game is a lot of fun. I'm not a die-hard fan of the franchise, but I've played about 10 hours now and had a lot of fun doing it. The classes are fun, the missions are varied enough, and the story is great. I'd recommend this game a lot.
  100. May 15, 2012
    Seriously people rating 0/10 because they can't log in or just because of one little thing? Should you be even rating something if you haven't played it? Anyway, yes there are some problems with the game like server issues and no offline so 1 point off for that (not 10 off because thats retarded). I have played 7 hours of the game and i'm still in act 2 so if you don't rush through the game you can expect maybe 12-14 hours of glorious gaming on normal difficulty. Game play wise the combat is visceral and fast paced; the story so far is okay, not great because it is somewhat contrived. You do get a skill every level but you can customize skills with runes, also you don't get anymore attribute points instead you are given them; in my opinion this is a good thing because the attribute system in Diablo 2 was basically enough strength for gear, enough dex for max block, and then dump the rest into vitality, basically fake customization. I'm honestly glad they got rid of the ye olde attribute system. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012