Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 15, 2012
    Before I say anything else, please consider that my score reflects what I consider to be the quality of the game. I know there are no real guidelines here and that reviewing anything is subjective...but on this site I see WAY too many games rated either 0 or 10, usually by people who have no idea how to actually review a product. So if you are looking for a review that isn't the product ofBefore I say anything else, please consider that my score reflects what I consider to be the quality of the game. I know there are no real guidelines here and that reviewing anything is subjective...but on this site I see WAY too many games rated either 0 or 10, usually by people who have no idea how to actually review a product. So if you are looking for a review that isn't the product of a completely polarized opinion, keep reading. First of all, I was fortunate enough to not have been subjected to the frustrations that so many experienced just trying to get the game to install. I've been playing for a few hours now and I have to say that while the game looks decent (I run it at low settings due to an older computer (I built it in 2004)) and is fast paced and entertaining, it's not what it could have been. The changes that Blizzard made to the series have led to a game with very little strategy, due in part to the lack of real options for building your character and also due to the fact that you get all of your character's skills automatically when you level up. Instead of having a maximum amount of skills that you can purchase during the course of a game, you are limited by how many abilities you can actually use at any given time. You start off with the ability to have a skill assigned to the left and right mouse buttons and then unlock 1 through 4 on the keyboard as you level up. While I understand that keeping the game simple was the goal here, the end result leaves a lot to be desired, as you will have more skills than you have hotkeys fairly quickly, which doesn't make much sense. Gone is the ability to choose to specialize in one skill or to branch out and have many skills that are less powerful. Your attributes (strength, dexterity and all of that) are improved automatically now, so there is yet another way to customize your character that has been taken from you. Also, they have continued the trend started in Diablo 2 and this game has moved even farther away from being a true single player game. I want a save feature, a real, honest to god save game feature. This is PC gaming in 2012, not Playstation gaming in 2000. Blizzard has made some truly bizarre decisions about what their players actually want in a game, and this is the result; less real customization and control of your character in exchange for some rather dubious features and way too much focus on level-based progression. Everything that your character can do, EVEN ASSIGNING HOTKEYS, is now based on character level...which is really, really stupid.

On the other hand, the lore in the game is pretty interesting, the game runs great on my older pc, the combat is entertaining, and the interactions you can have with some of the environments can result in some fun situations (usually involving a high body count). I enjoyed the voice acting and the art work, and I'm glad that the next chapter in this saga is finally here...I just wish they would have made it more like the first Diablo. On the other hand, I do feel that this game IS better than Diablo 2, so I think there is a move in the right direction; not a huge move, but a move none the less. Is it worth $60? Not really, but it is worth playing if you are a fan of the series. If your not, then you might not want to spend your time on this.
  2. May 15, 2012
    Honestly what's with the bad reviews? I've played this game for 2-3 hours now and it's been great so far. I can see that the skills are very different and versatile, and will hopefully be fun to use.
  3. May 15, 2012
    Step 1. Take Torchlight
    Step 2. Add voiced dialogues
    Step 3. Release as a whole new game

This game gets the same score Torchlight got, since it's practically the same game just with slightly different graphics and voiced dialogues.
  4. May 15, 2012
    Once your past the initial server issues the game runs very well even with alot going on, graphics are pretty good, not hardcore diablo2 player but this quite good, alot kiddys are upset with day of release server issues every game has.
  5. May 19, 2012
    Pros: Diabloness; Replayability; Sweet sound and music; Good level design; Looooooooot

Cons: Very shallow level of player customization (you customize with gear which is generally a product of luck+number of hours played, you customize with limited skill selection... but a whole customization angle, stat point allocation, is done automatically - a little hand-holdy for my liking and rules out some player decisions and custom builds); The dark gritty look of Diablo which was appealing to so many many has been replaced with a rather cutesy graphical style that moves the overall look somewhere between Torchlight's very cartoony style and Kingdom of Amalur's pastel tones - overall it looks a lot like Dungeon Siege 3 graphically... for a game intended to be a descent into hellish landscapes of the Diablo universe, they've adopted far too cute a graphical style for this old Diablo 1 and 2 player, and they needed to consider their market here.... not 10 year olds with that certificate, game world, and likely fan base; The "oh god please why did you do that" online requirement. THIS is why so many user reviews on metacritic range between 0 and 5. The game REQUIRES that you play permanently logged into battlenet servers... yes, even single player. Couple that with the inevitable server congestion particularly in the first few days and you get a game that you cannot play when you want to. And the thing that irritates the most is the rationale for Blizzard doing so. Wait, it's so you can play multiplayer and chat to people and have online achievements and trade gear with others and reduce the chance of in-game cheating isn't it? No, it blatantly isn't. Because those could be accomplished in multiple ways that didn't fundamentally require that every moment you played as a single player was done online. I get achievements in offline steam games that purely upload stats after sessions or at the next online opportunity. I get to play multiplayer in numerous single player games by selecting multiplayer options. If I want online chat I can go online, same for trading and other features. This leaves exposed the real reason our game (or our game licence as the EULA so dramatically reminds us) is fully tied to battlenet servers and is forced to be played online: as a misguided and failed anti-piracy measure. Misguided and failed for the simple reasons that pirates will be played a cracked version that doesn't require being online at all, and crucually, will be doing so WHILE PAYING CUSTOMERS CANNOT. When battlenet is down and we can't use the software we payed for, the pirates won't be affected. This type of anti-piracy measure only hurts real customers, game pirates work around the measure and avoid the negative consequences of the measure (i.e. server congestions and downtimes). It's a popular move in some game companies (EA love it). These companies need to know how much their customers hate it, how easy it is for the pirates to circumvent it, and how it ultimately ends up hitting the real paying customers and not the intended targets. They spend money that could be invested into the actual game on groups of self-aggrandizing security teams that have sold them a lie, the lie that by taking this path they will reduce piracy - it's **** It doesn't do that at all. It... just... hassles... and... demonizes... your... paying.... customers. End rant.

Difficulty levels. Normal is WAY TOO EASY. Yes I know it's meant to be accessible, and there are way harder difficulty levels in wait for those completing the story on normal. But many gamers don't like to splurge all the way through with zero challenge before they unlock a challenge. A game should challenge the player the first time it is played through too. By all means have an easy mode for weaker players, cater to all levels of ability to ensure a challenge appropriate to skill... but don't force skilled gamers to play all the way through the whole experience BEFORE they can play a game that challenges them (by which time they've less incentive to play, albeit mitigated by the game's decent level of replayability). Here's how I would have done it (though I'm no expert): make normal way harder, to the point when a typical gamer will die many times throughout; have an easy difficulty level for those that are more casual gamers or the squeamish that cry too much when they die a lot; have one difficulty level above normal available from the outset for the tough gamers that want it; then have your other much harder difficulty levels unlock as they do. Simplez. All players catered for, no requirement that pro gamers go for a long walk in a heavily spoilered park without a feeling of challenge.

Overall, an enjoyable game with many of the aspects present necessary to give players their loot-hunting Diablo goodness, but one marred with a crappy anti-piracy measure and some watered down ****
  6. May 15, 2012
    All those people that blame Diablo 3 are nerds. Diablo 3 is good. yeah, graphics looks alike middle of 2000's but gameplay remains the same. No manual customization of skills? Pfff, it is not needed at all. Just play and have fun.
  7. May 15, 2012
    I'm a huge Diablo 1 fan, and was quite disapointed by Diablo 2. It was quite good, but there was some fun missing. And I can feel the same with this new one, even if it's slightly better frome this perspective. The huge problem of the game is the character customization. There is none ! So you don't feel like playing and Action-RPG, but just an Action game. I will continue playing anyway,I'm a huge Diablo 1 fan, and was quite disapointed by Diablo 2. It was quite good, but there was some fun missing. And I can feel the same with this new one, even if it's slightly better frome this perspective. The huge problem of the game is the character customization. There is none ! So you don't feel like playing and Action-RPG, but just an Action game. I will continue playing anyway, if the servers go up again at some point... Expand
  8. May 15, 2012
    I honestly can't believe how completely bad this is. It's probably mostly just all of the hype that I had for it, but this doesn't live up to D2 in any way, shape, or form. Am I rating it especially low due to my broken expectations? Probably. But oh well.
  9. May 16, 2012
    Now that I've finally had a chance to play the game, I'm updating my earlier review. Pros: It's fun. The graphics are beautiful. It's fairly intuitive. The character classes are different enough to give the game some definite replay value. It's also fairly addictive. The sound is good. I also really like the in-game map. I haven't once had that "where the heck am I supposed to be going?!!"Now that I've finally had a chance to play the game, I'm updating my earlier review. Pros: It's fun. The graphics are beautiful. It's fairly intuitive. The character classes are different enough to give the game some definite replay value. It's also fairly addictive. The sound is good. I also really like the in-game map. I haven't once had that "where the heck am I supposed to be going?!!" moment, which is a huge plus. Cons: The need to be connected to the internet to play is big downside of this game is a big downside. It wasn't something I knew about until just before I purchased it, and by then it was too late to curb my New Game Lust. When I'm at home, it won't be an issue, but I bought a new laptop just for this game, so I could take it with me on trips and such. That appears to have been a waste of money. As for the game itself, I am a bit disappointed in the skill leveling system. In the previous Diablo game, you earned skill points which you could invest in the skills you wanted. It resulted in highly individualised characters, which was a big draw of Diablo 2. Diablo 3 seems to give every character the same abilities as every other character of that class. At any time you can just change which abilities you have equipped and you'll be exactly the same as the next Barbarian or Witch Doctor. This is an aspect that severly HURTS replayability of this game.

On the whole, it's still Diablo, a game I've loved since I was in High School. It just seems like a step down from Diablo 2. Maybe someday they'll come out with a Diablo 2.5, with updated graphics and a new character class or something (and no weird online-only DRM). Until then, this will have to do.
  10. May 20, 2012
    After finally being able to reliably log into this game, I feel I can write a more comprehensive review.

Graphics The graphics for Diablo 3 are still somewhat lacking by today's standards. I know there are some strong opinions on this and we all know that Blizzard tries to make the graphics as universal across computers as possible. Nonetheless, I can't say the graphical upgrade between

Graphics
    The graphics for Diablo 3 are still somewhat lacking by today's standards. I know there are some strong opinions on this and we all know that Blizzard tries to make the graphics as universal across computers as possible. Nonetheless, I can't say the graphical upgrade between Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 is significant, but it is definitely acceptable.

Gameplay
    The game is incredibly responsive which is extremely important given what the game throws at you in the later acts. With masses of monsters swarming over you, it is a good thing that the game makes it so easy to react in a timely manner. There is one tiny caveat however... there is a slight delay, maybe half a second, when switching between left to right click abilities with the wizard. This was very noticeable when I switched from electrocute to disintegrate. It got annoying after a while. I haven't noticed this problem with any other class, however.

Story
    What can be said? The voice acting can be bad. The story meanders about and seems to be scared that you will notice it. The game tries to cover up the story with hidden books which gives lore on the world, but very little context about the struggle between heaven and hell. There always seems to be some "secret" item to solve any and all ills in the world, and of course we must find it. The story seems to be recycle from the previous diablo games and you will meet many many many of the same enemies. It gives a sour taste of deja vu when you feel like saying, "Didn't I kill you in the past?". A lack of creativity here.

Sound/Music
    The music is phenomenal and maybe one of the best parts of the game. There is some reuse (good old original Tristram music) which I felt was a good nod to the original game. All of the music and sound effects added good feeling to the dungeon crawling.

Replayability
    This is a tough one to answer for me. The replayability is both limited and vast. If you enjoy running through the same acts over and over again on increasing difficulty levels, then it has a huge amount waiting for you. If you are content with finishing the game with each character then there is a lot there as well. If you are playing for only the story, you will be done in 20ish hours.

Summary
    Diablo 3 is a good dungeon crawler, but it lacks the polish and diversity of the previous installments. There is a limit on the customization of the characters, despite what has been sold by Blizzard. Yes, I was a gem crafter and played with sockets. The system for changing your stats is a bit clunky, and for me there was a nonexistent feel of my character gaining strength by my guiding hand. The evolution of my character was less under my control and more up the game on what gear I found. Is the game worth playing? Absolutely, you shouldn't miss it. It is worth $60? No... wait until it goes down. Battlenet will still be here and you will have paid less.
  11. May 18, 2012
    Alright, protest period over, I'm revising my review from a 1 to a 7. The game itself is spectacular; have not had this much fun in a long time. Specifically, the revamped skill system leads to an incredibly free experience in building exactly the character you want because *everything* is viable. You're free to experiment and come up with clever combinations to your heart's contentAlright, protest period over, I'm revising my review from a 1 to a 7. The game itself is spectacular; have not had this much fun in a long time. Specifically, the revamped skill system leads to an incredibly free experience in building exactly the character you want because *everything* is viable. You're free to experiment and come up with clever combinations to your heart's content without risking a failure to min/max. On the basis of the game alone I'd give it a 9.

That said, the always-on DRM is an extremely poor design choice just to support the real money auction house. The game loses 2 points for that. It should probably lose 3, but I'm having so much fun it's hard to really bring it below a "positive" score. When server issues raise their head though, it is horrendous
  12. May 15, 2012
    The game is fun, and the crafting systems is deeper than before, but required connection to battle.net has made the game almost unplayable for the first 18 hours of launch. DRM is ruining games and this is a prime example of why.
  13. May 16, 2012
    Game looks great from what I have seen of it. Server troubles and random disconnects keep alot of us from seeing too much but I think it's getting better
  14. Dec 5, 2013
    Try not to compare it to Diablo 2 and you might actually have fun playing it. Its fun to slay large amounts of monsters while making your character super powerful.
  15. Aug 29, 2012
    About my last review of this game, I did not mean to score it 10. I think around 6 or 7 would be more appropriate, it's a good game, it just doesn't live up to the hype of Diablo 2. Look for Torchlight 2.
  16. May 15, 2012
    Whilst obviously dumbed down and geared toward a bigger audience than solely Diablo fans, the game is an enjoyable dungeon crawler.

If you're a hardcore D2 player, you are going to dislike this game because of all the removed features present in d2 and lack of complete control over what skill points go into what. PVP no longer takes place in the campaign world, but rather in an arena similar to WoW.

If you're new to the Diablo series you're going to like this game, for it is not confusing or overly complicated (not saying d2 was, which its not. It is however more complicated compared to d3 [not saying that's better, which it isn't]).

Personally, I find it sad that the game didn't retain the dark and gritty style that was present in the first two Diablo games. It looks more like a gory Warcraft game than a Diablo game.
  17. Jun 13, 2012
    Fun game so far, about halfway through ACT II and I'm enjoying the dungeons and storyline (nice that there isn't too much story). Too bad servers keep glitching out so have to give it a red until they fix it. Edit: Bumped it up to 7 since servers have stabilized. The always online pushed it from a 8 to a 7 for me. Edit 2: Inferno balance, lag deaths, aand having server restarts when I'mFun game so far, about halfway through ACT II and I'm enjoying the dungeons and storyline (nice that there isn't too much story). Too bad servers keep glitching out so have to give it a red until they fix it. Edit: Bumped it up to 7 since servers have stabilized. The always online pushed it from a 8 to a 7 for me. Edit 2: Inferno balance, lag deaths, aand having server restarts when I'm pushing my monk to ACT III Inferno with 5 stacks of NV dropped it another 2 to 5. They really messed this title up Expand
  18. May 16, 2012
    Good : - Same old gameplay we know and love, evolved to fit in the new generation
    - The pacing feels just right, the story & dialog doesnâ
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    With the last patches Diablo III is now a better game. Still far from old Diablo but at least you can avoid RMAH... Good Atmosphere (except some wird manganized boss, like the butcher, and other minor things), very good weapons impact feedback, a little too short, especially in the end.
  20. May 16, 2012
    Actually reviewing the game rather than the DRM/server issues, this is a pretty damn good piece of work. It's not a classic, but it provides the classic Diablo style, Rogue-inspired gameplay, with very good audio work and a great art style. To all the people complaining about the graphics being out of date, it is entirely Blizzard's intention it look like this. Many games have ruined theirActually reviewing the game rather than the DRM/server issues, this is a pretty damn good piece of work. It's not a classic, but it provides the classic Diablo style, Rogue-inspired gameplay, with very good audio work and a great art style. To all the people complaining about the graphics being out of date, it is entirely Blizzard's intention it look like this. Many games have ruined their sequels by trying to update to more "modern" graphics, AoE2 to AoE3 for example, Dungeon Keeper to DK2, or Mech Commander to MC2. And at the end of the day, gameplay > graphics. Enough said.

Personally I think the game looks great, and reflects the rest of Blizzard's stylised persona. The story is good, if not entralling, and the characters are great. Character development isn't fantastic, it's very stream-lined and could perhaps be deemed dumbed down. You have 6 skill slots with multiple options and glyphs, the first 2 being your clicking options, and the next four being keyboard 1-4. It would be nice if there was an option to flick between 2 premade sets for different situations, especially in multiplayer where you cannot pause.

I haven't tried all the features yet, but after finally getting past several error codes yesterday, 2 friends and I had a little bash through some of Act 1. It's pretty fun, and when it works, it works smoothly. The game does seem rather easy though, and I think hardcore will be the way to go for most gamers, though boss-fights are gonna be scary!

This isn't Diablo 2, and it isn't a piece of art. DRM and server issues aside though, it's a pretty enjoyable game.

PS, to those who struggled to get on, I found the servers became busiest at around 3.30pm, gives you a hint about those who have been raging below!
  21. May 16, 2012
    Played trough the act I only, yet. The reason I don't give this game a 10 is because of connectivity issues. While I was able to play this game, I had faced lag and difficulty to log in often.
    But lets keep things in perspective. The game is true to the other diablo games. It is dark in tone, and the game-play is very good. The customization of your character is present, visually(you can change color of your armor, make it disappear) and systematically, with the runes and the fact that changing the current active ability during combat its very complicated.
    It is a good game, great art, nice graphics( people who are expecting FPS type of graphics dont understand much about gaming), and the story, so far, has being good, for a hack n slash game.
  22. May 16, 2012
    You are a all a bunch of whiny little kids. This is what happens when Blizzard makes a beta for a weekend and they don't let the more people know that there's a beta going on and they're testing servers.
  23. May 16, 2012
    Hahaha so many babies whining about not being able to log in, haven't really had any problems myself, the game is awesome, doesn't listen to these retards, go buy it!
  24. May 16, 2012
    First of all, I would say that the launch of the game has been a disaster. Millions of happy nerds got their game client installed and battlenet monikers established ahead of time only to become apart of an unintentional denial of service attack on the Blizzard D3 servers. That being said, I am not reviewing their poor choice of release scheduling. I have played about 4 hours into theFirst of all, I would say that the launch of the game has been a disaster. Millions of happy nerds got their game client installed and battlenet monikers established ahead of time only to become apart of an unintentional denial of service attack on the Blizzard D3 servers. That being said, I am not reviewing their poor choice of release scheduling. I have played about 4 hours into the game. Playing on normal because I am new to Diablo. I have been pleased with the quality of game play, the cut scenes, story line, character development, and voice acting. I don't see about the game or the system that qualifies as a revolutionary change as far as MMO's are concerned, and it seems that it sticks pretty closely to the style and mechanics of the previous Diablo games. I am not disappointed by this because I don't think their need to fix what isn't broken. I haven't been challenged by the game yet, which is due largely to playing on normal, but I expect to find a challenge at higher difficulties. Personally I would like to have more control over the development of my character's stats beyond choosing which runes or skills to use. As far as I can tell, there isn't a difference between my level 9 monk and someone else's level 9 monk. Then again I have only a played a short while, so maybe there will be some customization choices at some point beyond gear. The crafting mechanic seem fun and rewarding thus far. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have not used the auction system yet. I am not sure if I approve of charging real money to use the system. Starcraft 2 doesn't leach money out of me, so why does Diablo III need such a system? I understand their need to prevent cheating and fraud, but I think their should be a better way. I have confidence that the server issues will be resolved sooner rather than later, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see expansion packs similar to the WoW universe in the future. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My current score of 7 for this game should tell you that I am having fun and that I will be playing it for many hours, but that the game isn't spectacularly revolutionary or graphically overwhelming. It is a solid, fun game. I find it to be really kinda relaxing to play. Cooperative play is a plus. The server issues will get fixed, but don't help the score. Unless the ending pulls a ME3 or I find that I have to pay for something that I shouldn't, the score won't dip any further.
  25. May 16, 2012
    I love how almost every negative vote is a raging kid whining about the login problems. I had issues by myself no doubt, but I think there is no need to vote the game down whatsoever. Its a marvelous game nevertheless and the fact that they were problems at the beginning will fade away from the memories of the gamers in the next few weeks and the only thing that will be remain isI love how almost every negative vote is a raging kid whining about the login problems. I had issues by myself no doubt, but I think there is no need to vote the game down whatsoever. Its a marvelous game nevertheless and the fact that they were problems at the beginning will fade away from the memories of the gamers in the next few weeks and the only thing that will be remain is enthusiasm. The only thing I'm not satisfied with is the fact that you aren't able to quick change the skills and I hope they will change that. And about the auction house. I don't care about it. If people are willing to buy items for real money - their deal and not mine.
    And last but not least the contious necessity to be online. I had a few issues beeing thrown into the main menu because D3 hadn't had no internet connection.
  26. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is fun. It's a perfect evolution of a highly addictive concept, cutting down a lot of time from identifying, organising your inventory and getting on with the action. However, the DRM really can't be overlooked, especially when you have to log in even if you play on your own. Such things shouldn't exist as you can't guarantee a user can always be online and while the real moneyDiablo 3 is fun. It's a perfect evolution of a highly addictive concept, cutting down a lot of time from identifying, organising your inventory and getting on with the action. However, the DRM really can't be overlooked, especially when you have to log in even if you play on your own. Such things shouldn't exist as you can't guarantee a user can always be online and while the real money auction house is an interesting idea, I can't see enough people using it to really warrant this.
    If you enjoy action RPGs and don't mind this sort of incontinence, get Diablo 3. Otherwise, wait for Torchlight 2.
  27. May 16, 2012
    Forget it's called Diablo 3. Think of it as Gauntlet Legends: Diablo Edition. Then it's fun because it is an action adventure arcade game with 4 player support !
  28. May 16, 2012
    A disappointing ending to one of the greatest hack and slash titles of all time. Poor story, very predictable characters with generic RPG twists and turns. Gameplay is fun; it is a good hack and slash, lots of action, items and hours of fun. Character customisation is gone, you cannot assign stats or follow a different skill build to make your character unique or to get a certain edge overA disappointing ending to one of the greatest hack and slash titles of all time. Poor story, very predictable characters with generic RPG twists and turns. Gameplay is fun; it is a good hack and slash, lots of action, items and hours of fun. Character customisation is gone, you cannot assign stats or follow a different skill build to make your character unique or to get a certain edge over other players. There is no reason to get that edge since there is not PVP, instead in one of the future releases they are going to create an arena. Overall if you are new to diablo series feel free to buy this title as its a fun hack and slash. If you played previous Diabloâ Expand
  29. May 28, 2012
    After actually being able to play the game, I am now rereviewing it. The game is pretty fun, the loot system very well done. Combat is enjoyable, as is exporation. The addition of random dungoes and random mini-quests is quite entertaining and boosts replay value.

A couple of points have been subtracted for the Always On DRM, and the inability to distribute attribute points manually.

Overall I'd recommend it, but Blizzard *really* needs to get away from the auto-point distributing.
  30. May 25, 2012
    I previously gave this an 8 out of 10 but I had to knock it down due to a few reasons. My review pretty much stays the same, brilliant game, challenging on higher difficulties, especially with more players, fatal flaw being gear oriented instead of skill oriented despite the fact the game really still makes you use your brain one way or the other. You cannot just wow rambo rush into aI previously gave this an 8 out of 10 but I had to knock it down due to a few reasons. My review pretty much stays the same, brilliant game, challenging on higher difficulties, especially with more players, fatal flaw being gear oriented instead of skill oriented despite the fact the game really still makes you use your brain one way or the other. You cannot just wow rambo rush into a group of enemies on hell or inferno, even if you have good gear you will get destroyed.

Graphics are slightly outdated but the gameplay is smooth and fluid, while it isnt one hundred percent like diablo 2 I can say it has entertained me when diablo 2 became stale after six years, and it entertained me for the first week for around 86 hours, if it were not for a blizzard management technicality and flawed system it would have probably entertained me for more.

The first one is easy to understand, the second one you gotta really look at it from a pov of someone who has received threats in blizzard products with your real name attached...

The first issue is, due to the rl auction house, the amount of accounts getting hacked is extremely high, and they can only do a total of 2 character rollbacks... per account... This is a massive issue since the rl auction house being in game really makes it easier for real money traders (rmts) to expedite the process allowing them greater ease to hack into an account. On top of this there is, apparently, a security leak on blizzards side, as well.

This is a customer service related issue, a technicality really but it results in a permanently locked account along with other management issues made by blizzard. I never give my real name out to people, I always use a pen name. Problem is, Back in the wow glory days of vanilla when the game was good I received death threats from some of the players in the game, some of which were able to look my name up and send some mail via the postal system with death threats as well...

Well when your account gets hacked you gotta submit a photocopy of your driver license, birth certificate (if a minor) etc, cant just give them the last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase the item. But whatever, I had no trojans, no viruses, no worms, and no spyware/adware on my computer, checked with 3 different virus scanners. On top of this I never entered my information into the login page unless I logged into the diablo 3 site, itself, making sure I manually type the address bar. My account is now in limbo since due to previous death threats I received on a previous account I didn't want people to know my real name, technicality got my account permanently locked and unable to restore it. Of course since blizzard loves to post your real name on rl friend chat which makes it easier to communicate cross game... Well you see what im saying...

Either way, fantastic game, 8 out of 10 without blizzard management related issues, I don't even care about being able to connect on the first month of the game, honestly, I care that I cannot connect in the future since blizzard loves to give away my private information... Unfortunately, due to this over site on blizzards part, 7 out of 10.

1. Aug 31, 2012