- Summary: Diablo III picks up the story twenty years after the events of Diablo II. Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal have been defeated, but the Worldstone, which once shielded the inhabitants of the world of Sanctuary from the forces of both the High Heavens and the Burning Hells, has been destroyed, andDiablo III picks up the story twenty years after the events of Diablo II. Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal have been defeated, but the Worldstone, which once shielded the inhabitants of the world of Sanctuary from the forces of both the High Heavens and the Burning Hells, has been destroyed, and evil once again stirs in Tristram. Playing as a hero from one of five distinct character classes, players acquire powerful items, spells, and abilities as they explore new and familiar areas of Sanctuary and battle hordes of demons to safeguard the world from the horrors that have arisen. Diablo III features a custom 3D-graphics engine to render lush indoor and outdoor areas of Sanctuary with a high level of detail and vivid special effects. The game's physics-enhanced environments are interactive and destructible, offering traps and obstacles that create added danger for players and monsters alike. These elements, along with a new quest system and random scripted events, have been integrated into the game’s random-level generator, giving Diablo III the ultimate combination of dynamic gameplay and replayability. Cooperative and competitive play are available online through an upgraded version of Blizzard Entertainment’s renowned online gaming service, Battle.net. [Blizzard Entertainment]… Expand
May 24, 2012Games this thoughtfully crafted don't happen very often, and the care that Blizzard has taken with Diablo 3 shows in every facet of its design and execution. It might not be perfect, but after 45 hours, I'm not sure where it missteps, and after 45 hours, I feel like I've only scratched the surface of what it has to offer. Diablo 3 is almost evil in how high a bar it's set for every PC action RPG to follow, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that bar remain for a very long time.
May 16, 2012Forget the semi-lame beta. This is the real deal. Diablo III is as addictive as ever. A beauty to enjoy with friends and a great experience. The story might not be the best ever, the music not as bombastic as we could want, but the gameplay is intact. And so is the loot. Oh yes. The loot. Well, back to the game we go. There is a another nightmare to be had.
May 22, 2012There's a good chance you've played games a lot like Diablo III before, and at no point does it dare to surprise you by tinkering with its tried-and-true formula. But it creates such an enticing world and offers up such enjoyable abilities that it makes that formula feel fresh again.
Jun 13, 2012There is absolutely no denying that Diablo III continues to maintain the high artistic standards that it has kept over the years. But the dumbed character and inventory systems, coupled to the ridiculous always-on connection and the breathtaking arrogance of the"you'll play how we tell you to play" attitude makes playing this title a damned shame instead of a hell of a good time.
May 15, 2012I haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. II haven't had this much fun playing a game since Diablo II came out. After playing for several hours, I really can't complain about much. I haven't ran into a single bug myself, which is rather incredible for a game that just came out, though bugs do exist. I can't really think of any ways to make the game better. It's incredibly fun and addicting. They did a great job with this one. I'll probably be playing this game for many, many years to come.
Also, why are people reviewing this game that haven't even played? Regardless of how good/bad you think it is, nobody cares about reviews from someone that hasn't played the game.… Expand
May 15, 2012Having a great time with Diablo III, and I am a huge fan of the original Diablo and Diablo II. The environments, sound, combat animations, andHaving a great time with Diablo III, and I am a huge fan of the original Diablo and Diablo II. The environments, sound, combat animations, and story are all top notch. The combat is just flat out fun. My barbarian mows through crowds of monsters sending zombie parts and bits of the scenery flying. I like that I can try different character builds without having to commit hours and hours of leveling up time, and that I can switch out my skills to handle different situations. The crafting system is more fun than the old gambling system, and the addition of randomly spawned special events make re-running an area more interesting. The followers all have their own story, and seem a lot more capable than the old D2 hirelings. They don't do much damage, but they do help you wrangle the huge mobs of monsters. My real rating is an 8, but given the obvious hater campaign against D3, I bumped it up to compensate. I'm saving my 9 for Guild Wars 2 when it's out of beta, and I am unable to imagine a game I would give an actual perfect sore to...… Expand
Apr 17, 2014Hmm game not so bad as some peoples say.I buy D3 and finished this 1 time, good game, but not very good.I think gameplay 2 much casual and noHmm game not so bad as some peoples say.I buy D3 and finished this 1 time, good game, but not very good.I think gameplay 2 much casual and no real good innovations.… Expand
May 17, 20122/10 is all I an do for this game.
I can't even get a refund for it. All I wanted was an action role playing game that I could enjoy for a few2/10 is all I an do for this game.
I can't even get a refund for it. All I wanted was an action role playing game that I could enjoy for a few gaming sessions.
And what happened? First, I was in a QUEUE. Yes, the servers where full and I couldn't play the game. Not even in single player.
After HOURS of waiting, I finally got to play the game. The first thing I noticed was some kind of strange blur filter, which made the graphics blurry all the time. I looked for a fix online, because you couldn't turn it of in the options. The only thing I found was a graphic mod, but Blizzard said you would get banned if they catch you using it.
So, I had the choice of playing the game with a bad looking filter or risk getting banned. I chose the first option and tried to not look at the screen for more than an hour. But while playing, I noticed that you couldn't skill or built your character like in Diablo 1+2 or similar action role playing games. You get every skill during level ups and perks like in call of duty. That's nice and all, but I got really bored of playing the game after a few hours.
I picked it up again today and found no motivation playing this at all anymore. I forced myself to finish it on normal difficulty, took me about 5-6 hours while exploring everything. The first act is kinda boring, act 2 get a lot better, act 3 and act 4 are a joke in terms of length. The levels are very linear, and you just run along corridors, without much to explore.
I was really hyped for the game and this is one of the biggest disappointments in video game history for me. I still can't believe they legalized item/gold-selling with the real money auction house, giving Chinese farmers a legitimate platform for virtual item selling. On top of that, players stop trading with valuable items and just try to sell them for real money.
I'm feeling ripped of by Blizzard with this game and I can't even get my money back for it.… Expand
Jun 11, 2012i played Diablo and i played Diablo 2
You would think they would make 3 so it works properly on the servers.
Not the case. Same pathetici played Diablo and i played Diablo 2
You would think they would make 3 so it works properly on the servers.
Not the case. Same pathetic issues. I waiting for the hacks to arrive like they did in DiaBLO one and two. the hacks where you work hard on your character for weeks and someone hacks in and steals all your weapons and armor. Blizzard said sorry when i called.… Expand
Jul 18, 2015My score is more of my grade for Blizzard itself,
How do I even start this? I guess I can start by saying I LOVED Diablo, and Diablo 2. IMy score is more of my grade for Blizzard itself,
How do I even start this? I guess I can start by saying I LOVED Diablo, and Diablo 2. I still go back and play those games all the time!
So naturally like most other gamer's who have been following the Diablo story line, I couldn't WAIT for Diablo 3.
Diablo 3/Starcraft 2 is the start of a new era for blizzard, Money>Quality of games. And yes, the goal is to make money, you're a business. But Diablo 1 was a far more innovative game in 1996 than Diablo 3. But Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank because they advertise these games but once you've bought the game you realize you were have been rolled! I never thought I would ever feel that way about blizzard!!!! nOoOoo!
Diablo 3 takes about 50,000 steps back from where they began with the first game, okay sure it's a different game. but don't call it Diablo 3, because your fan base is going to think you are building off what you've started! It is very misleading!
My suggestion to Blizzard is: Come up with a new idea... Please. "Heroes of the Storm?" Really? SC2 was the EXACT same game as SC1 with some minor tweaks in graphics.... Diablo 3:
2. Terrible loot system
3.You can only play with 4 people online as opposed to diablo 2's whopping 8! That made for amazing game play!
4. Your skill damage is dependent on the damage of your equipped weapon... what? what does your sword have to do with you shooting lightning out of your hands????!!!!!
5. I found the lvl 1-6 skills to be better than the higher level skills you unlock later on. so you're stuck just doing the same combo. from lvl 1-99,
6. All the numbers in Diablo 3 are so inflated, 6000000000000000000 damage? super sayaN? INFERNO DIFFICULTY X50000000000000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
7.When playing online, you can't use your mercenary while playing with other players???? wtf?
8. I played with my cousin split screen on the XBOX because apparently on the console, "It's a totally different game." you have a total of 4 skills X,Y,A,B, in Diablo 2 I used F1-F12 and sure in D2 you could just be a spammy Hdin, But you had the ability to go beyond that. In diablo 1 you had the freedom to mix it up as well! "Sword and Shield Rogue mixed with some nuke spells, throw on the bow against those sexy succubus" ;)
9.ETC ETC ETC It goes on and on and on and on.
It's a falling from grace: Blizzard is no longer the company that it was, they have taken on the Activision CoD mentality.
The good news is. So many people STILL play D2, no joke at all ! LOL! Hope this was helpful.… Expand
May 15, 2012I am deeply frustrated by Diablo 3. The game looked so promising. But after all these Years, it came out as a bastard between softcore andI am deeply frustrated by Diablo 3. The game looked so promising. But after all these Years, it came out as a bastard between softcore and hardcore entertainment. It can't decide wether to be dark or colourful. Deep or superstitious. This conflict is present in all aspects of the game. Be it the story, the games mechanics or the character design...
I cannot say, you shouldn't buy the game. After all its a high standard Blizzard product. But don't expect it to be the cutting edge, dark experience Diablo was 16 years ago.… Expand