6.3

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This game is exciting, fun and totally a new idea! Forget zombies, DINOS ARE WHATS NEW! This game is epic and with the updates to come itll be even more epic! You'll never regret getting this one, its truly epic.
  2. Jun 19, 2012
    Great game and a lot of fun, if you like Team fortress you will love this game. All it is missing is some more players!! definitely pick it up on steam
  3. Jun 19, 2012
    Haters gonna hate! The only problem i see is that not enough people are playing right now. It's $10, the graphics are fine, the gameplay feel is similar to TF2 but it has a lot of interesting player types and attacks. Just like TF2 you need to take some time to learn how each character plays. It's definitely worth a try if you would like a change of pace. I don't see why people focus onHaters gonna hate! The only problem i see is that not enough people are playing right now. It's $10, the graphics are fine, the gameplay feel is similar to TF2 but it has a lot of interesting player types and attacks. Just like TF2 you need to take some time to learn how each character plays. It's definitely worth a try if you would like a change of pace. I don't see why people focus on bugs... there arent many, far less that most releases these days.

GIVE IT A TRY!!!
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    Hitler resurrects Dinos...Awesome gameplay...Easy 10? Yep. Game is very balances, tons of fun dinosaurs to play as and also a great amount of guns to use. The maps are designed very well, the game seems to be bug-free and I would reccomend this game to anyone who enjoys a good shooter.
  5. Apr 19, 2013
    After a Troublesome release and way to long patch schedules it has become a solid and good game, which is now only lacking a playerbase to be really fun.
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    i dont see why everyone is hating on this game. Its very fun imo, and the dinosaur aspect gives it a unique new twist compared to most games. Sure the graphics aren't amazing, but that makes it easy to run on say, a low end laptop. This means more people can enjoy it.
  7. May 16, 2013
    It's a good game. Don't like Dinosaurs in WW2? Well this isn't your game. Otherwise you'll probably like the game but feel it's a little lacking. Despite being a couple years old this game is just now getting it's polish. But it's getting that polish.

The melee dinosaurs play a lot like the Aliens do in FPS games. There are 6 classes that play nothing like a human with a gun. There is a good selection of levels, game play modes and classes but it feels a little bare bones. The engine is there, it's working and it's fun to play but after a while you start dreaming about more dinosaurs, more weapons and actually being able to drive some of the vehicles sitting around.

The bugs have been fixed and the play is actually superior to a lot of bleeding edge mainstream FPS games but it just doesn't have the amount of content. The classes are distinct and interesting but the options for customization are currently limited by the small weapons set.

There's a good range of strategies and counters and overall things are very balanced. I do feel like the Desmosuchus are a little imbalanced in the saving Santa mission where they can turn the choke points into constant explosion zones with little effort. The Compy has a nice way of encouraging a mix of stealth clawing and explosion suicide but apparently didn't have this elegant system when they were introduced.

The graphics are a matter of taste. Things look good, it doesn't have the visual Oomph of the latest Battlefield but it certainly provides detail and suspension of disbelief.

It's well worth it for the current price. I haven't actually been impressed with an FPS in a long time. Looking at the update history this game has a come a long way. My only real complaint is that it could go a lot further by expanding the content and adding a few modern features.
  8. Mar 2, 2014
    First of all, People who are complaining about the controls are just being whiny kids who can't adapt to tiny things such as mouse controls. Second of all There are tonnes of classes (around 15) all with unique abilities, heck i don't even mind being on the Allies (humans) They're just as fun especially with the WWII weapons. It feels like a classic game with suprisingly as people falselyFirst of all, People who are complaining about the controls are just being whiny kids who can't adapt to tiny things such as mouse controls. Second of all There are tonnes of classes (around 15) all with unique abilities, heck i don't even mind being on the Allies (humans) They're just as fun especially with the WWII weapons. It feels like a classic game with suprisingly as people falsely claim, little bugs. The only bug I have encountered is the server list not appearing straight away and that can be solved with a simple refresh! The only REAL problem with the game is the lack of players due to them being blindly mislead by people who sulk about different gameplay and hated on the game, not to mention since it has average graphics/rough animations, people assume it is a bad game. To be honest the graphics suit the game and i am completley satified with Dino D-Day. Expand
  9. Dec 14, 2013
    This is one of the funniest games I have ever played in my life.
    The Graphics are not perfect, but alright.
    It is a little bit buggy.
    But all in all it's good and enjoyable.
  10. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome aside from the fact that the Axis has the best dinosaurs while the Allies is stuck with Trigger the Protoceratops as the only dinosaur. The game would be more enjoyable if both sides had equal numbers of human and dinosaur classes. Expand
  11. Jan 10, 2012
    Dino D day isn't without its faults. There are areas where this game had failed but most of it has been addressed and fixed. The big problem with it is that it released too early. Unfortunately most of the people who have played this game played one of its early versions and base their opinions on that. I bought the game when it was new and I felt like I bought a $20.00 beta but I don'tDino D day isn't without its faults. There are areas where this game had failed but most of it has been addressed and fixed. The big problem with it is that it released too early. Unfortunately most of the people who have played this game played one of its early versions and base their opinions on that. I bought the game when it was new and I felt like I bought a $20.00 beta but I don't really feel that way anymore. 800 North is dedicated to this game and I can almost say with certainty that if people gave the game another try, they would like it. Expand
  12. Aug 11, 2011
    Lets see, First its worth mentioning that the initial reviews was correct in its initial form it was a bit lacking, the developers have been working hard to add content and fixing issues, which is quite commendable. they have also been taking in idea's and bug reports from there user base, something that is lacking in today's gaming era. but onto the game play, Imagine this Counter StrikeLets see, First its worth mentioning that the initial reviews was correct in its initial form it was a bit lacking, the developers have been working hard to add content and fixing issues, which is quite commendable. they have also been taking in idea's and bug reports from there user base, something that is lacking in today's gaming era. but onto the game play, Imagine this Counter Strike + Team Fortress 2 + WW2 + Dinosaurs and this is what you get, some may knock the game in some area's but content is coming to fix that which is decent. maps are lacking somewhat and more area types would be nice to see thankfully an SDK kit was released. some I have noticed complain that Axis always wins but Ive noticed that seems to be only the case with inexperienced players who have yet to work out how to do a lot of the things inside the game. all in all its been a great laugh for me and continues to do so, while it got off on a rocky start there is more to come so potential buyers should bear this in mind :) Expand
  13. Feb 6, 2012
    Please do not judge this game too harshly based on the immense amount of negativity towards it. I'll admit that dino d-day got off to a very rocky start, and unfortunately most didn't give it a chance after that. However, since then the developers have poured tons more time and effort into this game, and with lots of new content and most of the original bugs fixed/gameplay optimized, dinoPlease do not judge this game too harshly based on the immense amount of negativity towards it. I'll admit that dino d-day got off to a very rocky start, and unfortunately most didn't give it a chance after that. However, since then the developers have poured tons more time and effort into this game, and with lots of new content and most of the original bugs fixed/gameplay optimized, dino d-day is worth another look. Also, for those who were disappointed that the game didn't have singleplayer, 800 North is currently working in overdrive to get a campaign, survival mode, and offline modes ready in future free updates. Expand
  14. Feb 6, 2012
    This game was clearly pushed to release too soon, with a lack of polish and balance immediately putting most off from the game, declaring it a cash grab for developer 800 North. In nearly a year the 6-person team has proved time and again that they truly care for this game and continue to support its development and foster the remaining community. The gameplay is balanced, players haveThis game was clearly pushed to release too soon, with a lack of polish and balance immediately putting most off from the game, declaring it a cash grab for developer 800 North. In nearly a year the 6-person team has proved time and again that they truly care for this game and continue to support its development and foster the remaining community. The gameplay is balanced, players have access to several maps, gamemodes and classes unavailable at release patched in at no additional cost. Simply put, the existing multiplayer game is unreasonably fun and well worth the 10 dollar price tag for fans of team based shooters or those in love with the absurd premise of this game. Expand
  15. Apr 6, 2012
    This game is right up there with my all time favorite first person shooters. I have no idea why it has scored so low, because it's awesome. People who simply call it a poorly done day of defeat mod, I doubt have even played it. The game is incredible, guns are balanced and, unlike a lot of FPSes, they actually do damage. Nothing is overpowered if you get the feel of the game, and it'sThis game is right up there with my all time favorite first person shooters. I have no idea why it has scored so low, because it's awesome. People who simply call it a poorly done day of defeat mod, I doubt have even played it. The game is incredible, guns are balanced and, unlike a lot of FPSes, they actually do damage. Nothing is overpowered if you get the feel of the game, and it's absolutely a game that will give hours and hours of laughter. My only gripe is that the community is nonexistent, which saddens me greatly, as this game is absolutely worth your time. Expand
  16. Nov 4, 2014
    Forget what all these people are saying bad about this game, they haven't played it since release (when it really WAS terrible.) But now, there are more classes, more maps, and overall is more functional. So if you listen to one of the bad reviews, you are listening to old news. This game is great.
  17. Jun 19, 2012
    Nothing but a bunch of haters above. This game is fun and funny. How it hasn't taken off I have no idea. People dont need super games to have fun. if you like cs:s and dod:s, then you will enjoy this game. Graphics are exactly what they are. older. they arent like these new super games comming out but they arent repulsive either. At least not to me. I would say it is definatelyNothing but a bunch of haters above. This game is fun and funny. How it hasn't taken off I have no idea. People dont need super games to have fun. if you like cs:s and dod:s, then you will enjoy this game. Graphics are exactly what they are. older. they arent like these new super games comming out but they arent repulsive either. At least not to me. I would say it is definately worth the ten dollars on steam! Expand
  18. Nov 28, 2011
    This game deserves more credit than it gets, they attempted somthing new, when you play it its very fun (especially with the new updates, such as the bird that spews acid on people, or nigels flame thrower) The game is not unbalanced because the teams are switched every round, so the team who did better as the dis advantaged side wins (like versus in left 4 dead) I got it for $5 and I dontThis game deserves more credit than it gets, they attempted somthing new, when you play it its very fun (especially with the new updates, such as the bird that spews acid on people, or nigels flame thrower) The game is not unbalanced because the teams are switched every round, so the team who did better as the dis advantaged side wins (like versus in left 4 dead) I got it for $5 and I dont regret it, some people may say "well, its got dull repetitive gameplay" TF2 does too, COD does too, most online FPS these days do have repetitive dull combat, but there are high points in this game, its not utterly terrible like what some people are saying. This game deserves a much better score, its a shame to see how harsh some people can be! Expand
  19. Jul 31, 2011
    A very enjoyable game/mod if you like Day of Defeat and Team Fortress 2 then you will enjoy it, its worth the buy since it has dropped down to $10 from $20.
  20. Feb 13, 2012
    Yes it's a mod but it's 10$ and it's damn good fun. Few problems here and there but once you get past that there's nothing more fun then killing Dino's or killing humans as Dino's.
  21. Aug 15, 2011
    I enjoy the fact that the graphics aren't perfect like most new games. It gives the game an older feel. Considering it has dinosaurs, that isn't a bad thing. I also really enjoy the dinosaur aspect. It's brilliant. Give it a go and for a good length of time. I have to agree if you enjoyed TF2 you will enjoy this. Don't be put off by bad reviews. Everyone has different tastes.
  22. Aug 4, 2011
    I don't care what others say that I have a bad taste because I love this game so much, its fun playing as a dinosaur, and chomping. The only concern is that it doesn't have single-player mode.
  23. Mar 17, 2012
    Being a player that jumped into the game later on after all the bugs were fixed I find the game rather amusing and fun. I however cannot judge for all the problems it has had in the past. It's main downside now though is the lack of players now cause everyone deserted the game when it first launched and was really buggy.
  24. Feb 11, 2012
    this game is as bad as it gets, I thought I would give the game ( basic an second look), after I read an pc gamer review from january 2012, all I can say is pc gamer got it wrong if buy this game you are burning up your money . The game is just poorly made
  25. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is fun once you get to know the controls. The teams are even and the guns are well balanced. Lots of people play it now since Seananners made videos on it. It is especially fun to those Team Fortress 2 People out there. It is still a fun game that anyone can get addicted to. All those people with negative comments, I say you don't know what you are talking about.
  26. Jul 4, 2014
    Um jogo extremamente simples e viciante, além de ser tremendamente barato! Vale a pena comprar. Gráficos agradáveis, jogabilidade fluente e não precisa de meses praticando para se tornar um bom jogador. Excelente FPS que tem dinossauros! Tem como ser mais radical que isso? kkkkk E ainda digo mais, é melhor que Team Fortress 2 e Counter-Strike!
  27. Oct 1, 2014
    Me gusta que no sea como los nuevos juegos este juego tiene lo mejor Guerra y dinosaurios no puedo creer que este juego exista es ideal para mi y para todos los gamers
  28. Jan 27, 2015
    Very underrated game, was very glitchy in the beginning but all that has been fixed. This game needs a re-review by the Critics. The latest version is very smooth and worth purchase.
  29. Dec 28, 2015
    This is a game in which you either shoot Nazis and dinosaurs, or are Nazi and dinosaurs. Truly, a well designed game, that is perfect for playing with friends. Dinosaurs always make a quality game anyway, so you know it'll be good. I'd give it a 10/10, fun for the whole family. Also, Nazis are bad.

1. PC PowerPlay
    May 22, 2011
    Awesome idea but amateur execution means it costs an arm and a leg for what it is. [June 2011, p.62]
  2. PC Gamer
    May 18, 2011
    Like a dinosaur skeleton in your local museum, Dino D-Day is barebones, missing some pieces, and ancient-looking. [July 2011, p.78]
  3. Apr 26, 2011
    Despite the presence of dinosaurs and a good dose of irony, the game fails to distinguish itself from many other exponents of the genre.