Diplomacy PC

4.5

1. Aug 21, 2011
    There was nothing really exciting about this game. It was a total waste of money. I was severely disappointed with Paradox on this one. The only time I did not like one of their games!
    Nov 4, 2005
    Could have been good, but there's no one to play! Deadful AI (effortlessly beatable without any diplomacy on hardest level), nobody is ever on the multiplayer server. Customer support at Paradox has been very unresponsive.
  3. >[Anonymous]
    Nov 25, 2005
    I want to like it, but it just is too slow and I feel like I am playing a French game in that it is unnecessarily complex. It takes forever to tie in the moves I want and then I hate the avatars which pop up and go "ahh" in rapid fire when I have no clue what they are moaning about since I had half a second to see the move that upset them. The game seems "distant"...it lacks character and I want to like it, but it just is too slow and I feel like I am playing a French game in that it is unnecessarily complex. It takes forever to tie in the moves I want and then I hate the avatars which pop up and go "ahh" in rapid fire when I have no clue what they are moaning about since I had half a second to see the move that upset them. The game seems "distant"...it lacks character and seems like a cheap Hoyle card game (with less charisma) or one of those Adventure Company games with cheap production values. I really expected a wilder and more free feeling game. This game really should of just gone with an English language based gameplay where you don't have to guess at symbols and you can actually communicate with players and strike up "outside the box" gameplans so you can exercise your devious ideas. Now the game isn't all bad...it works, and you can play it, and once you get the hang of it you could probably enjoy it more online...but it doesn't feel fun. I think it's time we give up on Diplomacy as a computer game, but maybe take the spirit of it and try to implement it in a new way and in a new game. Expand
  4. Dec 10, 2015
    Diplomacy is a great board game but this PC implementation is not so good. Giving orders and coordinating actions with allies is clumsy. The reactions of AI players lack explanations. When the turn is resolved the "talking heads" show emotions and ahs and ohs but it's not clear why. Since it's hard to find other players online, you can try playing vs the AI but since the UI is clumsy youDiplomacy is a great board game but this PC implementation is not so good. Giving orders and coordinating actions with allies is clumsy. The reactions of AI players lack explanations. When the turn is resolved the "talking heads" show emotions and ahs and ohs but it's not clear why. Since it's hard to find other players online, you can try playing vs the AI but since the UI is clumsy you will end up playing without any diplomacy, as if it were a simple combat-only strategy game (like Risk or similar). So, when the whole diplomacy thing is cut off you are left with just 2 types of units (infantry and ships) which don't have very interesting interactions. I'm not sure this game could even work well on computer because in single player it loses its meaning and for multiplayer there must be a constantly active and large online community (which, as other games show, won't exist for long after game release unless it's something constantly updated like an MMORPG). Expand

1. If you love playing tabletop-strategy board games, or strategy games in general then you will love Diplomacy. It offers hours upon hours of gameplay that will keep you entertained for months to come.
  2. Fans of the boardgame, especially those unable to easily find opponents, will have a lot to like here. And while the single-player game lacks the punch of facing off against real people, it does allow players to hone their Diplomacy skills and take their game to the next level.
  3. Diplomacy is a fun game that has finally been made into a fun PC game. Fans of the board game will love it, strategy fans will love it, and casual strategy gamers will enjoy it.