DiRT 3 PC

7.0

1. Jun 2, 2011
    I got into Dirt 2 and 3 beacuse I really liked the rally in Dirt 1 and was hoping these would improve on that. What turned me off from Dirt 2 was the testosterone-fuled X-games garbage which had swallowed the game and rally-racing was given a backseat. I heard Dirt 3 was more rally oriented and had less X-game involvement. For the most part, these predictions were correct. There is moreI got into Dirt 2 and 3 beacuse I really liked the rally in Dirt 1 and was hoping these would improve on that. What turned me off from Dirt 2 was the testosterone-fuled X-games garbage which had swallowed the game and rally-racing was given a backseat. I heard Dirt 3 was more rally oriented and had less X-game involvement. For the most part, these predictions were correct. There is more rally stages now and the X-games stuff has been toned down. Unfortunately, these pros come with some cons. For starters, the majority of the rally stages barely last longer than a minute and a half and the tracks themselves are very wide and the only challenge comes from annoyingly placed obstacles such as logs or tractors. Secondly, the X-games malarkey has been replaced by by Ken Block's Gymkhana stunt-driving rubbish. To be perfectly honest, this is actually worse than the X-games. Not only does it have nothing to do with rally or off-road racing, it's absolutely tedious and frustrating. I also wish they would bring back the car-tuning options of Dirt 1 as the options in Dirt 3 have little affect on how the car handles and drives. For a joke, I set all the tuning options to the silliest settings I could think of and the car was still perfectly drivable. Overall, the impression I get from this game is that they made it more rally oriented while cutting back on rally content, which makes it fall on its face a little bit. Most of the rally stages are just variations of the same stage and the tracks can get very easy in places. They also need to start focusing on real racing instead of smearing Ken Block and testosterone everywhere. Rally is a European dominated race, it's sad seeing it so Americanized. Expand
  2. Sep 19, 2011
    Who the hell decided that it ought to be impossible to make the tutors stfu inbetween races.., I came here for driving, not wasting my time on worthless hints and bad jokes.

Besides that, it seems fair enough. But come on, ABS brakes and speed control on by default? Makes as much sense as playing CoD with a paintball gun. (You can turn it off obviously though).
  3. Jul 19, 2013
    Dirt 3 is an excellent example, for how you can piss players off completely, even if your core gameplay is quite good.
    Bad Programming, Overwhelmingly bad designed menus, blatant DLC marketing and the inclusion of the Infamous 'Games for Windows Live' service make this title litteraly unplayable in my opinion.

Can I have my money back?
  4. Sep 1, 2013
    Nice graphics. Very easy gameplay at easy difficulty and very hard gameplay at other difficulties. Racing tracks similar to each other. Game is very intrusive with additional content (for real money certainly). Car models don't enough. Other cars need buy for real money. After 50% i bored. Overall DiRt 3 unlucky clone DiRT 2.
  5. Feb 18, 2014
    Colin McRae Rally was a good franchise until it ruined by the gymkhana thing. it has a really good in game environment and scenery, But its UI and game experience isn't good enough compare to their own racing game like GRID.
    DiRT 2 is better. Much better. apart from Americans narrator, since rallying is so 'European'.
  6. Feb 28, 2012
    Great graphics, abysmal handling and control scheme on a keyboard. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME WITH KEYBOARD ONLY. You'll be super frustrated and won't beat a single rally. With a special controller or on a console, I can see this being a great game to invest in. But I grade it based off of what I played with, and I don't want to have to purchase special controllers just to play the gameGreat graphics, abysmal handling and control scheme on a keyboard. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME WITH KEYBOARD ONLY. You'll be super frustrated and won't beat a single rally. With a special controller or on a console, I can see this being a great game to invest in. But I grade it based off of what I played with, and I don't want to have to purchase special controllers just to play the game with more efficiency. I'll buy it for Xbox if I want to play with a controller. Fortunately, I got this game with my AMD graphics card for free, otherwise I would have been a bit more dissapointed. Expand
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    Enjoyable racer which looks great and has a wonderful reaction to the different driving surfaces, it's a bit patronizing and also keeps thorowing "BUY OUR DLC" at you from minute one. But all the same... enjoyable,
  8. Jun 13, 2012
    The Gymkhana is ridiculous. And the game-play is so poor comparing to Dirt 2. We expected a game better than Dirt 2, and what we see is very far from this. Dirt 2 is so much better in all matters. Very disappointing!!
  9. Aug 30, 2011
    Once again Codemasters makes a great Driving game and then totally destroys it by adding something that is absolutely ridiculous! Yes I am referring to the Gymkhana or however you spell it stunt driving crap! Where it not for this crap I would have rated Dirt 3 above Dirt 2 But it has totally ruined my enjoyment of the game because it has stopped my progress dead in Dirt Tour. I have a simOnce again Codemasters makes a great Driving game and then totally destroys it by adding something that is absolutely ridiculous! Yes I am referring to the Gymkhana or however you spell it stunt driving crap! Where it not for this crap I would have rated Dirt 3 above Dirt 2 But it has totally ruined my enjoyment of the game because it has stopped my progress dead in Dirt Tour. I have a sim driving **** with a Logitech g25 wheel and have the hand break mapped to the clutch peddle and Dirt3 setting on hardest and I can tell you even with these highly sensitive analog controls this gymkhana nonsense is impossible to control! I don't mind coming 4th of 5th in a rally at top difficulty setting but this Gymkhana stuff is crap. Codemasters please remove it form the game. Here's how you make dirt 4. 1. Improve graphics for realism.
    2. Improve physics like rFactor. Stick to Rally Cross world championship! There! you have a winner. The only thing that is improving about Codemasters driving games is the graphics. Everything else is going backwards. If you haven't already bought this game take the advise of a long time sim racing enthusiast and get rFactor 2 instead. Alternatively if you are a console user drop dead!
  10. May 27, 2011
    Verdict: Beautiful but shallow. I really struggled with rating this game. If I had never played another codemasters racer it would have easily rated a 7 or 8. Unfortunately, I've seen what a spectacular job they did with Dirt2 and this game just doesn't measure up. It's not so much a single massive problem as it is lots of little things that add up to spoil what would otherwise be a greatVerdict: Beautiful but shallow. I really struggled with rating this game. If I had never played another codemasters racer it would have easily rated a 7 or 8. Unfortunately, I've seen what a spectacular job they did with Dirt2 and this game just doesn't measure up. It's not so much a single massive problem as it is lots of little things that add up to spoil what would otherwise be a great game. For starters, The interface has been completely overhauled. Rather than placing the various menus in a track side 'Trailer', Dirt3 uses a plain old text menu laced with strange triangle motiffs.More staright-forward certainly, nut it completely kills the sense of immersion the previous UI generated.
    Which brings me to perhaps my next major gripe, removal of the in race voices for the AIs. It sounds like such a minor thing, but having the AI drivers actually talking back and forth and reacting to what was happening in the race gave Dirt2 a completely different feel in single player. It felt more like racing with a bunch of friends rather than just grinding against some oblivious robot. It even had an affect on how I drove. In Dirt3 I can run another driver off a cliff with absolutely no consequences. In Dirt2, cut off an opponent or pull some other dangerous maneuver and the other drivers would tell you about it in no uncertain terms. Nothing like having Tanner Foust or Ken Block call you an a--hole (sort of) to make you think twice about being hyper-aggressive.

Another major issue for me is the heavy emphasis on Rally. Don't get me wrong I love rally, be it a traditional point-to-point or scraping paint in Rally-X. There is however such a thing as to much of a good thing. Dirt2 did a great job of balancing out the formality of rally with plenty of truck/buggy based events that allowed you to let loose a little bit without having to worry about hitting a perfect apex to shave 0.002 seconds off your time. The trucks are still there, but they've been relegated to a single event type (landrush) with just a single available vehicle ( the 'landrush event truck'). You can choose your livery (sort off) by choosing a team but other than that no real choice. It's as if they grudgingly let you race them, but there's a nagging feeling that the game is telling you "Trucks? yeah we have those but wouldn't you much rather be over here perfecting your rally skills? See, look shiny classic rally cars from the 70's. That's right, forget about those dirty, smelly buggies and come over this way....".

The final gripe I have is the way you progress through the single player career. You still get experience, but rather than the leveling system that gradually opens up more and more opportunities as you progress, this is pretty much a straight point-A to point-B. Also rather than earning cash as a reward for completeing a race has been removed. Instead, you simply get handed cars and liveries at certain set points. There's no real feeling of having accomplished anything; the car isn't really yours, some random corporate just lets you use it and expects to get it back in one piece when you're done. Even worse though is the way rep (the equivanent to exp in this game) is tied to the car you drive. You get more rep from completing the 'bonus' missions in a car that just unlocked than in your vehicle you've been racing from the beginning. Sometimes it can be a gap of several hundred points. In essence they are constantly trying to force you to drive a different vehicle rather that spending the time to master a single car you really like.

To sum up. If you are a rally nut and the mountian dew fueled, Americanized X-sport theme of Dirt 2 set your teeth on edge, then Dirt 3 is probably a must buy. If you are like me however, and enjoyed Dirt2s blend crazy antics and challenging events then Dirt3 is going to feel somewhat unfullfilling.
  11. Jun 16, 2011
    Really disappointing followup to a great game, unfortunately Dirt 3 lost its magic and feels simple and rushed. The graphics are great but why the hell did they have to change the way the menu worked in Dirt 2 and the race variety is quite boring with preselected cars for each race and the aweful Gymkhana mode which is where I left the game on the third season and came here for my review.Really disappointing followup to a great game, unfortunately Dirt 3 lost its magic and feels simple and rushed. The graphics are great but why the hell did they have to change the way the menu worked in Dirt 2 and the race variety is quite boring with preselected cars for each race and the aweful Gymkhana mode which is where I left the game on the third season and came here for my review. The only improvement from Dirt 2 is the graphics everything else is a step backwards and as of now I am shelving the game. Expand
  12. Jun 19, 2011
    having played Dirt 2 to 100% completion on hardest settings (except for the long croatia track), i was very excited about this game's release. it feels a lot like Dragon Age 2 compared to DAO... rushed, boring, and trying too hard to appeal to a broader demographic w/ a limited attention span. the obnoxious "awesome driving amigo! post that footage for your compadres amigo" x-gameshaving played Dirt 2 to 100% completion on hardest settings (except for the long croatia track), i was very excited about this game's release. it feels a lot like Dragon Age 2 compared to DAO... rushed, boring, and trying too hard to appeal to a broader demographic w/ a limited attention span. the obnoxious "awesome driving amigo! post that footage for your compadres amigo" x-games dude-banter is back in spades and totally destroys the experience. there is little variety in the environments and the almost immediate offering of DLC reaks of cashgrab. plenty of cars and the graphics engine looks and runs pretty good on my aging xeon E3110 and GTS 450... but the game lacks soul. its almost as if the publisher was telling codemasters how to "improve" their game as EA was telling bioware how to "improve on" dragon age.

don't get me wrong, its still a good game... but VERY shallow. too ken block, DC product placement... less colin mcrae, and much less rally. still its better than GT5's rally in many ways which felt more like an afterthought for marketing purposes.

anyways, im halfway done the dirt tour (on advanced, which is ridiculously easy btw) and don't think i'll bother going back to finish it. i expected more out of the genius that is/was codemasters.
  13. Mar 31, 2013
    the way they shove dlc down my throat in this game is total I don't mind dlc but if I knew they would be advertising dlc everywhere in game i don't think i would buy it. You start the game there's dlc advert. When picking car available for race, there're dlc cars you have to scroll threw Same thing with tracks... and who the hell would pay 7£ for monte carlo also gfwl is really annoyingthe way they shove dlc down my throat in this game is total I don't mind dlc but if I knew they would be advertising dlc everywhere in game i don't think i would buy it. You start the game there's dlc advert. When picking car available for race, there're dlc cars you have to scroll threw Same thing with tracks... and who the hell would pay 7£ for monte carlo also gfwl is really annoying and unneeded drm specially since i already bought game on steam. Expand
  14. Dec 23, 2011
    Ah, Dirt. What better way to pay homage to the now-deceased legend known as Colin McRae than to continue with a stellar line of games in his homage? Such was my reaction upon first playing Dirt. Then once more, but with a little less fervor with Dirt 2. And now the third installment comes along...

Right from the get go, when I am treated to the visage of a (shamefully, on my part) unidentifiable vehicle powersliding across the screen, kicking up basic geometry shapes as the menu fades into life, I am brought to an understanding: this is going to be a unique experience. And that it was. For better or for worse, though, we'll find out now.

On a visual basis, even on my junker of a PC, this game is extraordinary. Droplets of rain cover my car as the pre-race cam gives me a splendid view of snow covered hills and trees. Powersliding leaves a trail of dust in my wake that resembled the one I kicked up at a dirt track near Worcester, and smashing through foam blocks in gymkhana sends a spray of green shards, shreds and pieces cascading across the car. Truly, there is truth in saying that the Dirt series has some of the best visuals in the racing genre today.

The sounds are also something to drool at. Ken Block's gymkhana-tuned Ford Fiesta is something that nearly rivals that of my dream vessel, the M3, even more so seeing as South Africa once held a twin-engine Golf that sounded strikingly similar. The trucks and buggies are on an almost identical note to those that rip up the local dirt track, and the iconic CMR poster car, the Subaru, is probably the best - and most real-sounding - rendition I have heard so far. Gameplay-wise it also has its golden moments. Even now, I am fighting myself not to go spend another three hours fooling about in the Gymkhana "Tracks" or piloting the RS2000 across kilometers of ready-to-be-shredded dirt and snow. There's also something very satisfying about scoring a Platinum medal on your third try of a Gymkhana race - something easily done, in this game.

But sadly, it's not all sunshine and roses. The aforementioned Gymkhana, while fun, defies every point of the CMR series, every point of a rally game, really. I see Gymkhana races, I see Gymkhana Showdowns, I see drifting (Drifting??!), all in all I see a lot of Japan and America in a game that focuses on a sport largely Europe-based. Novice drivers are in for a rough ride - of all the Dirt games, this one takes to dirt and snow the most realistically. That means loads of sliding, handfuls of grip, and (for a novice) lots and lots of crashing and restarting. For those playing without assists, this counts doubly - for some reason a car's tires get coated in butter if the player has little experience of rally in general.

The tracks are also very poorly set up. Most are about as wide as my mother-in-law, and others are just ridiculously set up - there are even stray logs and tractors laying about in some; undoubtedly the only challenge this game poses to you.

That is my main irritation with this game. Even with the unfriendliness of the driving toward new players, this game is almost shamefully forgiving - even going as far as to allow me a 7 second margin ahead of the 2nd place driver... On the highest difficulty. Even the gymkhana becomes tediously repetitive later - once you've thrown about 2 hours into it you're dead set for a straight Gold (or even Platinum) run right till the end. Even beasts like the RS2000 become as tame as an A-Class Mercedes after a few half-hours of play.

All in all, DiRT 3 boasts a rather enjoyable experience. It won't leave you with the same satisfaction and hunger and excitement you'd find with Forza, and it certainly hasn't done anything to surpass Codemasters' other race (Race Driver: Grid), but overall it is a solid experience offering a good few hours' worth in enjoyment.
  15. May 25, 2011
    A little disappointing so far. I was hoping for an 'all bells and whistles' graphical upgrade from the stunning Dirt2 but it almost seems like this one is using lower resolution textures on the environments and vehicles. Certainly doesn't feel like a DX11 PC game - More like a DX9 console port (Smells of Crysis2) The new menu system has been overdone - seems to take a hundred steps to getA little disappointing so far. I was hoping for an 'all bells and whistles' graphical upgrade from the stunning Dirt2 but it almost seems like this one is using lower resolution textures on the environments and vehicles. Certainly doesn't feel like a DX11 PC game - More like a DX9 console port (Smells of Crysis2) The new menu system has been overdone - seems to take a hundred steps to get into the actual race (Bring back the Dirt2 trailer!) - The new voices are a little annoying too. Fingers crossed for a high res texture pack DLC! Expand
  16. May 27, 2011
    The Good stuff first ... Graphically the best racing game I've played. The cars also handle well and the game has lots of variety. I'm a fan of the new menu system and the soundtrack matches the game perfectly. Difficulty wise I found it spot on.

The BAD ... I'm sick to death of companies releasing half finished/full of bugs games! I bought Dirt 3 as I LOVED Dirt 2, and Dirt 3 looks amazing ... when it's not CRASHING!!!! Jesus how many times does this game have to crash mid race before I scream 'enough is enough'. Shame on you Codemasters. Also, the voice overs ... why does it have to be so street? and Gymkhana what a pile of steaming TURD! Gymkhana alone makes me hate and not want to play Dirt 3 again ... should have been left out completely ~~~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE Crashing issue was fixed with this GOOGLE find ... Delete the hardware_settings_config (From My Documents / My Games / Dirt 3 / Hardware Settings) and restarted the computer.
  17. May 24, 2011
    A waste of money for me. Not a simulation but too arcade, too easy, not that fun. Very little rally competitions, the game seems to be everything except for rally. Laoding times are excessive and they occur too frequently. Menus are a chaotic-melting-salad. Youtube sending option is a broken feature. Graphics are not that miracle, certainly a step backward in comparison with dirt 2 (theyA waste of money for me. Not a simulation but too arcade, too easy, not that fun. Very little rally competitions, the game seems to be everything except for rally. Laoding times are excessive and they occur too frequently. Menus are a chaotic-melting-salad. Youtube sending option is a broken feature. Graphics are not that miracle, certainly a step backward in comparison with dirt 2 (they added weather conditions as a consolation prize). A really disappointing game. If you want to buy a good and challenging racing game this year i would suggest you to grab Shift 2 Unleashed. Expand
  18. May 25, 2011
    The cars steer fine to my taste even though I do not know how it should be in real life. The graphics are on the same level with DiRT 2 and surpass aforementioned when viewing the new weather effects. Textures also seem sharper. The new menu system disappointed a bit in the beginning but after all, it's sleek yet simple and very easy to navigate. The voice acting, for that matter, is goodThe cars steer fine to my taste even though I do not know how it should be in real life. The graphics are on the same level with DiRT 2 and surpass aforementioned when viewing the new weather effects. Textures also seem sharper. The new menu system disappointed a bit in the beginning but after all, it's sleek yet simple and very easy to navigate. The voice acting, for that matter, is good enough. But there's nothing as annoying as Ken Block's voice.

The game modes look fine to me, a nice great number of cars and tracks. Rally, rallycross, trailblazer and raid, they all play nice and easy. Gymkhana feels too arcade-ish, though.

Luckily, the hipster soundtrack from DiRT 2 was replaced by a more mild electronic track list mixed with a nice compromise of the former sort of music. Nice enough to listen to.
  19. Jul 6, 2011
    3 words : a fun game. It tries to flirt with the real WRC rally fans but falls short in the end. Again, there are too few cars compared to old Colin Mcrae Rally games - few classics and that`s that. Graphics are very good (DIRT2 has it better, seriously), sound is okay (nothing special) , the driving gives some serious satisfaction. The Gymkhana events are surely the core of this game as3 words : a fun game. It tries to flirt with the real WRC rally fans but falls short in the end. Again, there are too few cars compared to old Colin Mcrae Rally games - few classics and that`s that. Graphics are very good (DIRT2 has it better, seriously), sound is okay (nothing special) , the driving gives some serious satisfaction. The Gymkhana events are surely the core of this game as they are great fun. The others - trailblazer and rally events are far worse than in DIRT2. Shorter, modest tracks with little variety. The Dirt Tour mode is also fun but not as much as online driving which is very addicting. Something I always praise about the Codies is that their games are 99% bugfree and can run with good graphics on a friggin old hardware. This game should be recognised not as what the devs presented it to be (real rally game) but as a fun title to play when you don`t really have much time for gaming in general.
    Solid and worth the price, but a backstep to the Dirt2.
  20. Jul 29, 2011
    Dirt3 has many improvements to the series such as better weather fx, improved handling and models, however there's still a few major issues.... firstly the rally events are far too short, codemasters need to roll back the clock to the vintage rally games where stages were 25mins long not a maximum of 5mins. Rallycross is pretty much fine, but again codemasters lack of tracks for most ofDirt3 has many improvements to the series such as better weather fx, improved handling and models, however there's still a few major issues.... firstly the rally events are far too short, codemasters need to roll back the clock to the vintage rally games where stages were 25mins long not a maximum of 5mins. Rallycross is pretty much fine, but again codemasters lack of tracks for most of the event types (and using way too many trimmed and mirrored routes) is dissapointing. To throw fuel on the fire, it's quite cheeky to release half a game then have to double the price of the purchase to get all the DLCs to make for a fully game, so depite loving this game there no way I'd give it top scores unless you find it acceptable to fork out £20 on DLCs less than a month or so after release Expand
  21. Jun 25, 2011
    Replay music with small sound especially. I wanted you to make only a similar course either Michigan with Finland. Because gymkhana is changeless, it gets tired.
  22. Jul 5, 2011
    I've been waiting to weight in here, Dirt 3 is a fun rally game with awesome graphics it feels so real but it has its downsides like menu navigation which is just plain annoying. multiplayer is alright though i rather just play the campaign, One last downside that i should should add is the bugs this game is fun if you can play it most the time i get kicked to windows and my task managerI've been waiting to weight in here, Dirt 3 is a fun rally game with awesome graphics it feels so real but it has its downsides like menu navigation which is just plain annoying. multiplayer is alright though i rather just play the campaign, One last downside that i should should add is the bugs this game is fun if you can play it most the time i get kicked to windows and my task manager states Not responding and im computer savvy so its not a firewall, antivirus, or anything other than bad support from codemasters. Expand
  23. Mar 20, 2014
    You'll really want to love this game, but as much as you try, it will beat you into submission.

The problems start with a menu system that I can only describe as baffling, like they gave it to the intern and he got his degree at a trust fund art college. It's a series of unfolding triangles that give you zero sense of your overall progress. Are you improving? Moving up the rankings? Who knows. Cause if it's one thing we race game fans like it's to have absolutely zero sense of our progress.

Next you get to see their DLC advertised obnoxiously throughout the game. It's a constant reminder that while you paid full price for the game, they lazily threw in a few extra cars and other dumb stuff that took them 15 minutes to program while they licked In-n-Out grease off their chubby fingers.

But the biggest sin of Dirt 3 is the driving just isn't much fun or satisfying. Dirt 2 and Grid really nailed the driving, and at the end of the day that's all that matters. Dirt 3 is either condescendingly easy with all the driver assists turned on, or a sloppy ice rink mess when they're not. There are literally times on certain tracks when the car becomes uncontrollable for no reason, usually in the form of your breaks having no effect (but in other parts of the track it's like the calipers are stuck closed). So you end up strategically "sneaking up" on these sections of track, breaking way ahead of when you should need to, just so the game won't send you flying through the air like a rag doll.

The drifting, in particular, is terrible. No combos or flags like in Grid. If you like to do handbrake turns, look elsewhere. They put you sideways every time and control is basically non-existent until you finally come to a stop.

Bottom line: Frustrating, unsatisfying game play is enough not to recommend Dirt 3. But add on the terrible interface and DLC and you might have enough reason to think twice about Dirt 4.
  24. Nov 25, 2012
    From a not so car racing oriented PC gamer point of view, I really can't say precisely how much this really succeeds as a rally racing game, since I've never played a lot myself and this is my FIRST try at C.M. series, but I do acknowledge it's quite arcade-ish since I've so happened to play a rally session in GT4...and the feel on that game was a tad more realistic. Other than that theFrom a not so car racing oriented PC gamer point of view, I really can't say precisely how much this really succeeds as a rally racing game, since I've never played a lot myself and this is my FIRST try at C.M. series, but I do acknowledge it's quite arcade-ish since I've so happened to play a rally session in GT4...and the feel on that game was a tad more realistic. Other than that the graphics on maxed out settings look GREAT, the single player campaign (Tour) could be better if Ken Block's stunts&gimmicks would take a hike once in a while and the multiplayer modes are quite challenging and fun, especially if you have some friends to join in the race. Too bad though some maps could use some patching and the game is generally not yet 100% bug free. Audio and soundtrack is not bad, unfortunately the soundtrack is forced off during gameplay, so no music while you're racing!...why so serious Codemasters? Why not let me decide? I paid the damn thing didn't I? :/ To be short the looks are gorgeous but the substance is IMHO shamefully lacking...and if this comes from a newbie (in this genre) like myself, than some of you rally fans out there might just get seriously offended trying to play Dirt 3. #valid8# Expand
  25. Nov 9, 2013
    DiRT 3 is not as great as previous Codemasters rally games which actually focused on the World Rally Championship more than other modes and there is still a question mark as to the game's future after Games for Windows Live is shutdown for good. However, the game is still entertaining with awesome visuals and audio to boot.
  26. Feb 5, 2014
    It's a mediocre racing game, perhaps worse than Dirt 2. In particular it is characterized by bad design, annoying voice acting, repetitive sounds from the engine. At least the 3D engine is slick, and the graphics are nice (not good but nice). Gameplay could be on the nice side but it's ruined by the bad design and too simple physics.
  27. Feb 5, 2014
    Right, let's start with the good points, it's an amazing racing game, the cars handle well, and you can customise every detail, in that respect it would get 10, however there were a few things that annoyed me, it's rather hard to get running correctly, it took me around 15 mins to set up the game and start racing, the second and most annoying thing about this game is the in game purchases,Right, let's start with the good points, it's an amazing racing game, the cars handle well, and you can customise every detail, in that respect it would get 10, however there were a few things that annoyed me, it's rather hard to get running correctly, it took me around 15 mins to set up the game and start racing, the second and most annoying thing about this game is the in game purchases, like if you would like some new horn noises, that will be 80 microsoft points, if you want one of the may purchase only cars, that will be 160 points, to actually get everything in the game would probably cost a good £100 or more, and so it's only getting 7 for these reasons. Expand
  28. Jan 23, 2015
    If you enjoy fancy loading screens, repetitive announcers, short races, and travelling from menu to menu listening to some cool tunes, then this game is definitely for you. I'm not kidding, I spent more time in 'Dirt 3' staring at menus and watching things load than I did actual racing. I'm not sure about you, but when I buy a game it's to play it, not to look at it. But hey, maybe that'sIf you enjoy fancy loading screens, repetitive announcers, short races, and travelling from menu to menu listening to some cool tunes, then this game is definitely for you. I'm not kidding, I spent more time in 'Dirt 3' staring at menus and watching things load than I did actual racing. I'm not sure about you, but when I buy a game it's to play it, not to look at it. But hey, maybe that's just me, I mean, there are a surprisingly high number of users around here who enjoy 'walking simulators'. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Other than the painfully long wait times though, this game isn't that bad. The graphics are nice, the controls are nice, and the soundtrack is also nice. Too bad it's not nice enough to justify all the waiting. The waiting is not nice at all. And what's with the short races? If you're going to make me do all of that waiting, then at least reward me with a race that lasts longer than two minutes. But nope, let's go back to that awesome menu there and check out some car stats or something. Not nice. Pretty darn not nice, actually.

I know a lot of people enjoy this game, and that's cool I guess, but honestly it's a pretty big steamer. I'd steer clear from this one and maybe get something that is a little less terrible. Possibly a racing game with a little more racing and a little less waiting. As I stated earlier the waiting is the part I really did not enjoy about this game. Also you cannot save your game. But honestly, who really cares.
  29. Oct 23, 2015
    Un gran juego de coches, con grandes gráficos y un aire X-Game increíble. Porque hacer el cafre con el coche nos mola, hacer Gymcanas nos mola, porque este juego mola!

1. Jul 26, 2011
    Looks like Codemasters really struggled with DiRT 3, piece by piece cutting everything that could have saved this game from going off the cliff.
  2. PC Gamer
    Jul 14, 2011
    Tremendously fun and mostly pothole free, this gorgeous and flexible off-roader has something for every driving fan. [Sept 2011, p.70]
  3. PC Format
    Jul 12, 2011
    Not quite the inspired sequel we had all hoped for, but there's still enough in DiRT 3 to bring the fans back. [Aug 2011, p.96]