8.7

1. Jan 27, 2018
    Неплохая альтернатива Героям, но точно не их замена.
  2. Nov 2, 2017
    Disciples 2 is not as well-known as Heroes 3 but in my opinion it is at just as good and in some aspects even better. I can still play campaign/quick match 15+ years after its initial release and have a lot of fun.
  3. Aug 7, 2016
    Disciples II offers classic Turn based strategy gameplay and a compelling narrative that has an immersive dark atmosphere. A timeless classic who's art and production values are present in every facet of the game. From the lavish gothic UI and richly detailed character art and units the game is very beautiful. The art style has always made the Disciples series stand out. GorgeousDisciples II offers classic Turn based strategy gameplay and a compelling narrative that has an immersive dark atmosphere. A timeless classic who's art and production values are present in every facet of the game. From the lavish gothic UI and richly detailed character art and units the game is very beautiful. The art style has always made the Disciples series stand out. Gorgeous illustrated Unit portraits complement the nicely detailed maps, models and UI.

When Disciples II originally launched it didn't garner the sort of appreciation it deserves. It became a bit of a cult classic and had improved on nearly every aspect of its forebear Disciples: Sacred Lands.

I remember my first experience with the game was the demo I received through PC Gamer. I was hooked and drawn into its dark world. Its fantasy atmosphere was just that good. I loved that demo so much that when I saw Disciples II:Dark Prophecy and its two expansions were released in the "Fantasy 6 pack" I had to pick it up.

The game is a turn based strategy game that has you playing one of 4 factions in the fantasy world of Nevendaar. Over the course of a scenario or mission you build a party and explored the map, fighting enemies, looting ruins, finding artifacts and treasure. As you capture cities, or plant rods (Using the Archangel healer hero) you expand your territory. Each faction has a visibly distinct terrain type that you expand to control resources on the map. You can play as the human empire, dwarven mountain clans, demonic legions of the damned, or even the undead hordes. Each faction has a respective god. The Highfather, Wotan, Bethrezen and Mortis. The game also features a scenario editor as well.

Disciples II represents the very best of turn based strategy games and is right up there with the likes of Fire Emblem. There have been reports that the game has issues on Windows 7 64-bit on Steam. You may have better luck buying the game through GoG galaxy. I didn't run into any issues but that isn't to say others haven't.
  4. Feb 21, 2016

5. Oct 26, 2015
    I come back to this game every year and it's still so fun to play, especially after incredibly disappointing fail of the game which is Disciples 3. This game is inspiration to my top 10 all time favorite games which are Discord Times and Legends of Eisenwald.

This game is simply a masterpiece.
  6. Feb 14, 2014
    Combat is the best aspect of this game, a few carefully balanced units that after many battles become extremely strong. Unit tree development is also well thought out. However you need so many battles to make your units strong enough, that you can play with only one army - you won't have the time to train another one.
    Once and if your army is defeated, you're good to restart the
    Once and if your army is defeated, you're good to restart the campaign..
    Cities are ok, maps are confusing and poorly drawn, even for a 2003 game.
    Campaign is only a pretext.
    Maybe MP has an interest, but I'm not into it.
  7. Dec 22, 2013
    One of my favorite turn based games...
    And can't say it have great graphics, but musn't forget when it was released...It's classic...
    Great to play it as SP same MP, good gameplay and good atmosphere with quite good storyline, heros and units...
  8. Dec 18, 2013
    Amazing game. Great atmosphere with beautiful dark soundtrack and graphics. Love the game and wish someone would port it to iPad and make good sequel (normal D III, maybe still 2D with enchanted graphics for FullHD and new creature levels).
  9. Jan 19, 2013
    After being tricked into buying the horridly boring Disciples 3, i had to go back to Disciples 2. Even after seven years of letting it sit on my shelf and playing much more graphically advanced games like Elder scrolls: oblivion and and Mass effect, Disciples 2 STILL manages to suck me into its world.

Certainly, it`s a Might and magic ripoff, but `im okay with that, as D2 took just enough from it to be interesting and did its own thing.

If you`re into deep turn based games that require your patience and greatly rewards it, then Disciples 2 is for you

If you aren`t, you`ll probably get bored with it.

And the king returned from his holy quest, and cried triumphantly: Behold! I have found a treasure long buried!

And the people rejoiced!

And there was much feasting, and singing, and merrymaking.
  10. Mar 19, 2012
    A nearly faultless turn-based strategy game with some RPG elements, Disciples II is surprisingly addictive. It featured gorgeous graphics for its time, and that in conjunction with the eery soundtrack created an atmospheric and immersive gameplay experience that still holds up today.
  11. DarioT.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Great graphics for its time. Turn base is a very fun game style. The only con is the battles are not very detailed i would of liked to see the characters at least attack the selected character instead of attack nothing right in front of them. (for some ranged units and fighters).
  12. Sotamarsu
    Dec 1, 2006
    It's like "mini" Heroes of Might & Magic or Age of Wonders, but it's totally different. Spells for blessing, cursing, damaging and healing and plenty of army upgrades.
  13. MichaelG.
    Sep 17, 2006
    Graphics are detailed but still confusing, becomes boring after a short while, because of the fights, which are always the same style with no strategic depth. Menus for building and creating troops/buildings are clear an constructed. But finally it is just a warm up of an old game concept, which could have used more innovations
  14. EmanuelS.
    May 7, 2005
    I great game, though it requires a lot pf patience and skill. I would not recommend it to a person who enjoys fast-paced action but is great if you want a game with strategic depth.
  15. FayezM.
    Mar 16, 2002
    Great Graphics. Extremely interesting.
  16. JonathanC.
    Feb 27, 2002
    The graphics are great, the concept is also interesting. The only thing is combat, which becomes surprisingly boring after a while since there isn't much tactics involved in it. It would have been nice if units could move, and mages could cast a variety of spell rather than just one simple attack. Other than that the game is quite a lot of fun.

One of the more addictive and entertaining strategy titles I've played in quite a while.
    You won't hear complaints about the graphics, which are absolutely gorgeous. For one, there is a certain style to the artwork; it's not quite anime, but it does have a hint of it.
  3. It's one of those very rare computer games that draws on all the usual fantasy conventions but presents them in truly inspired, artistic form...[It] has an elegant simplicity about it.