8.3

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Dishonored is a first-person stealth oriented action adventure that takes place in the steampunk inspired city of Dunwall. Playing as Corvo Attano, the game does a great job in allowing you freedom in how you can complete your objectives. In addition to this, there are numerous places to explore in search of money, items, collectibles and such. Because of this, I have to disagree with theDishonored is a first-person stealth oriented action adventure that takes place in the steampunk inspired city of Dunwall. Playing as Corvo Attano, the game does a great job in allowing you freedom in how you can complete your objectives. In addition to this, there are numerous places to explore in search of money, items, collectibles and such. Because of this, I have to disagree with the reviewers who believe the game is very linear. The story is pretty easy to understand and books are everywhere for those who wish to know about Dunwall amongst other things. The game also throws in a plot twist to keep the plot engaging, though I found the ending rushed and a tad disappointing as I was hoping for something more conclusive and explanatory. Graphics wise, the aesthetic choices made complement the setting well, though there are still some low res textures here and there. The sound quality is quite good however where excellent voice acting, sound effects and soundtrack coincide to enhance the experience. Gameplay is also quite good, offering two distinctly different playstyles stealth and combat, though personally I think the best way to play is a mixture of both. You also choose whether to use non-lethal or lethal methods to take care of enemies. I would recommend lethal despite the high chaos as non-lethal restricts your arsenal to simply sleep darts and knocking people out from behind though feel free to play it that way if you wish. Just some other pros and cons of the game: Made with the PC platform in mind Very fast loading times Some degree of replayability A good length I think the game would get boring if it continued for much longer, took me around 12-16 hours) I thought the powers were kinda unbalanced. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    A great game that was engaging and solid to a T in gameplay. Then ending is... awful and is what gives it an 8.5 in my books. It truly is bland and unmoving which is a terrible shame. I really wanted to see more about the 'outsider' and several other aspects that get completely glossed over or forgotten. They should not have made three separate endings, there should be only one strongA great game that was engaging and solid to a T in gameplay. Then ending is... awful and is what gives it an 8.5 in my books. It truly is bland and unmoving which is a terrible shame. I really wanted to see more about the 'outsider' and several other aspects that get completely glossed over or forgotten. They should not have made three separate endings, there should be only one strong ending despite the branching game-play. It really has no point in the end. I truly love the game and the world and it is totally worth playing, but man.. its a trend with games now to end with a wimper, mostly due to cut funding or strict timelines, really is sad. Expand
  3. Mar 16, 2013
    Not a bad game, not bad game mechanics, and not a bad story. The problem with the game is everything is decent and predictable. Although the ending is quite enjoyable and I loved the characters.
  4. Jul 11, 2013
    so i played the game in the "hard mode" (forgot what its called) and went chaos path and was soso. Very tidios and repetitive and it seems you spend 75 percent of the game in dark vision (which was super tidios switching back and forth. Would've enjoyed the game so much more if it that was done differently. I ended up beating it but it seemed every level after a certain point felt likeso i played the game in the "hard mode" (forgot what its called) and went chaos path and was soso. Very tidios and repetitive and it seems you spend 75 percent of the game in dark vision (which was super tidios switching back and forth. Would've enjoyed the game so much more if it that was done differently. I ended up beating it but it seemed every level after a certain point felt like just another stupid twist and kept dragging on through the end.... my thoughts. Expand
  5. Feb 23, 2013
    Dishonored is beautiful, but a bit shallow. Although immersive and stylish as a stealth game it fails at a very important thing grey stealth state. If you are ever noticed good luck, everyone in the immediate vicinity knows where you are (and extra soldiers magically appear out of thin air, too). If you approach everyone individually and stack bodies somewhere none of the enemies willDishonored is beautiful, but a bit shallow. Although immersive and stylish as a stealth game it fails at a very important thing grey stealth state. If you are ever noticed good luck, everyone in the immediate vicinity knows where you are (and extra soldiers magically appear out of thin air, too). If you approach everyone individually and stack bodies somewhere none of the enemies will ever suspect anything. Also, the dark sight skill is pretty much a necessity as it gives you the second best utility out of all, outshined only by the blink. Unless you go for the no magic achievement, in which case good luck to you... It is not a bad game by any means, it just lacks freedom margin there's usually more than one way to reach your objective unnoticed, but the only effective ones involve blink and high ledges. There's more than one way to kill a bunch of enemies, but, again, the effective ones are based on time stop and explosives. And, maybe, the occasional time stop and possession, if you are eager to waste mana. That's the entire game process there's the one boring but effective way of doing things and then there are a number of exciting but time consuming ways prone to failure. Choke him carry him drop him. Repeat N times, where N is the number of patrolmen. Or you can quicksave and try to do stage a mass casualty with rats, razorwire traps, grenades, et cetera. And actually pull it off on your third or fourth quickload. Oh, and Callista takes baths fully clothed... Expand
  6. Jan 7, 2013
    Nearly a perfect execution for this genre (Superpower FPS like Bioshock or Crysis). Borrows heavily from some of the best games of the past 10 years. Artistic style inspired by Borderlands, superpower system inspired by Bioshock, architecture...think Victorian Half-Life 2. Allows you to play in a way that suits you, but primarily limited to stealth/non-lethal and aggressive/lethal.Nearly a perfect execution for this genre (Superpower FPS like Bioshock or Crysis). Borrows heavily from some of the best games of the past 10 years. Artistic style inspired by Borderlands, superpower system inspired by Bioshock, architecture...think Victorian Half-Life 2. Allows you to play in a way that suits you, but primarily limited to stealth/non-lethal and aggressive/lethal. Aggressive approach can be a bit too easy and one-note. Stealth can get frustrating at times when the availability of take-downs gets nit-picky about exact position relative to adversaries and makes you feel more like an assassin robot than a fluid ninja. It was entertaining enough that after first completion (stealth/good guy) I immediately started my second play-through (aggressive/bad guy). Doesn't bring anything new to the genre, but brings some polish to some old and proven elements. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2012
    If the AI aren't talking of plot lines, the text tends to become the same "shall we meet for whiskey?" "yes, I believe so" and "do you think the city is getting any worse" almost as much as arrow to the knee. But all is forgiven for such an enticing story. If you play high chaos, you miss the best of the game. sneak like a mother **** Trust me, you'll be thankful you were good at the ending...
  8. Dec 21, 2012
    While still a great game, it suffered from over-hype which made the end product slightly disappointing. I still enjoyed it, but I thought it had more potential.
  9. Nov 11, 2012
    This game is awesome, the story is very interesting, the characters are very believable, the stealth system is very fun. I gave it 9 because of the combat system, it's the worst thing in the game, if you want to play the game you should try being sneaky, it's way more fun.
  10. Oct 31, 2012
    Gameplay is very good with a mix of stealth and action. The ability to choose how missions play out is deserving of a high score itself. On the technical side however, graphics may look slightly disappointing as it has adopted a much more art style than photo realism. This is just a personal preference as if they went for realism it might have set a darker and more mysterious kind of tone.Gameplay is very good with a mix of stealth and action. The ability to choose how missions play out is deserving of a high score itself. On the technical side however, graphics may look slightly disappointing as it has adopted a much more art style than photo realism. This is just a personal preference as if they went for realism it might have set a darker and more mysterious kind of tone. However, this sets the tone for the game well enough. Lighting effects look great as it's powered by unreal engine 3 and overall is an impressive pc game. Expand
  11. Oct 31, 2012
    Wonderful, creative game mechanics and visuals based on stretching the Unreal engine. A joy to play and while ending wasn't incredible, the story was nice as a whole! Would recommend to anyone.
  12. Nov 5, 2012
    Awesome stealth/frontal assault game. All you need is patience and timing, and you can complete every mission with little to no deaths, or just go in guns blazing and killing everyone in your path. All the different abilities let you get creative about how you want to do each mission. The only thing i wish they had added was a button to hide your weapon/put your weapon away (there may beAwesome stealth/frontal assault game. All you need is patience and timing, and you can complete every mission with little to no deaths, or just go in guns blazing and killing everyone in your path. All the different abilities let you get creative about how you want to do each mission. The only thing i wish they had added was a button to hide your weapon/put your weapon away (there may be one, but after looking through the settings and keyboard binds, i haven't spotted it). Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2012
    After reading the negative reviews, I'll say this: be the stealthy assassin, not the blast-everything-in-his-path guy. Better yet, try to get through the game without killing. That's where this game really shines.

Doshonored is extremely well done and polished. Before playing, I thought it would be Skyrim-esk, but the game world is more Deus Ex, in that you have mission areas to explore & clear. I generally like open-ended words like Skyrim, but for some reason, the ambiance in Dishonored makes it 100% enjoyable anyway. This might be the first game I have ever played twice.

Dishonored is, you know, "that game" that gets you feeling like you can't wait to get back to it. Hell, I created a Metacritic account just to vote on this one.
  14. Nov 10, 2012
    Dishonored if a very pleasing game that includes lots of things you would want in a game like it. You are able to play it with loads of different game types such as stealth, just going all out and killing everyone or just doing anything to beat the game and there are probably more + if you wanna play with those than you can play with those without changing, it is even possible to not killDishonored if a very pleasing game that includes lots of things you would want in a game like it. You are able to play it with loads of different game types such as stealth, just going all out and killing everyone or just doing anything to beat the game and there are probably more + if you wanna play with those than you can play with those without changing, it is even possible to not kill anyone in the game. I myself do not enjoy the map design as much as other might. If you want to play stealth its one of the best stealth i have seen in a game, so it is more enjoyable and challenging while playing stealth. The graphics are alright but if they were better it would not hurt. Overall i love the game and all the game types to play it with. The mappings a bit worse than expected, but you can play with any game type and take different paths on the map to fulfill your game type. Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2012
    This is a very good game, but DO NOT expect a full sandbox game. This feels like less secrets and exploration than the BioShock series IMO, which it clearly takes a lot of inspiration from.

What you can expect, is a top-notch adventure title with a lot of twists. The setting and feeling of the game quickly turns very dark, the graphics is great, and the skills to use are really satisfying and useful.

Also, you do not need to worry too much about the quad-core recommendation. I run this on a C2D e8400 at stock settings (e.g. 3.06 GHz because my mobo just won't let me move it even an inch). What you do need, is a good graphics card. I use a GeForce 660, currently at stock, and it runs great, everything maxed out on the highest resolution on a 24" widescreen monitor.

The story was satisfying, felt legit, but if they do make a second game, I would expect more exploration and replayability, cause this game feels far too linear, A to B fashion, to suit its own style.
  16. Dec 21, 2012
    Ever since I became an adult, I've seen games for what they are, but primarily focus on the gameplay. 2012 was a really **** year as a gamer. I mean, REALLY ****. I thought I became cynical like Stan on that one episode of South Park. Then I see Dishonored comes out, and very quickly picked it up for 50% off on a Steam sale. Holy **** **** do I love this game. There's so many differentEver since I became an adult, I've seen games for what they are, but primarily focus on the gameplay. 2012 was a really **** year as a gamer. I mean, REALLY ****. I thought I became cynical like Stan on that one episode of South Park. Then I see Dishonored comes out, and very quickly picked it up for 50% off on a Steam sale. Holy **** **** do I love this game. There's so many different ways you can approach this game: killing people, sneaking around, knocking them unconscious; so many side-quests/optional stuff to do, so many collectables, customization, oh god is there a lot to do. It does have a few small flaws though, like Blinking all over the place (Blink really shouldn't have been in the game, or at least made way less powerful), and the story is just so... bleh. Having the rat plague was just dumb to me, and essentially, the Story and overpowered Blink is what keeps this game from getting a 10 from me, but don't let those two minor things stop you from playing what is most definitely the best game of 2012. With all the other garbage that's come out this year, this game TOTALLY deserves the GOTY 2012 award. Expand
  17. Dec 13, 2012
    My Game of the Year. The gameplay is some of the best this year. It's unique and satisfying. The amount of options you have to choose from while playing through the gripping story is mind boggling. You can play the whole game sneaking or go all out and kill everyone. Graphics aren't realistic and gorgeous but they're still amazing (on max) and fit the game very well.
  18. Jul 9, 2013
    Perfection

Story and world Fully developed and interesting!! Dunwall is like a tangible place in history. Interesting visual design and machines in the game (if maybe not enough of em). The story is average at best but gets the job done doesn't matter too me. Gamplay The first game in YEARS to truly deliver on promises of gameplay choice! You can truly play your way. Assualt
    Perfection

Gamplay The first game in YEARS to truly deliver on promises of gameplay choice! You can truly play your way. Assualt gameplay tends to be more favoured but it still plays as a great sneak em up title!! Interesting gadgets and unique powers not seen in other games! Climbing and movement is smooth as can be, blinking around is super badass. Possession and entry is fun. Slow time kill combos are epic.

Sound Great voice acting very good sound design. Music is a bit of a let down not enough variety, and what is there is boring at best. Some orchestral scores will go a long way.

Graphics Great looking 'oil painting style" never seen before. Textures range from average to mind blowing. Great lighting work. Character models are amazing. Animations are qualit and use of physics in the game on enemies and objects help sell the immersion.

Maps Maps are not very diverse, but all interesting filled with enemies side quests and fun to do and see. Mission types could use a little more variety!

Replay value I have played through three times and loved each time, simply fantastic

DLC The knife of dunwall is excellent DLC that adds 3 more missions to the game, with a second expansion on the way.

BUY THIS GAME BRETHREN
  19. May 20, 2013
    Really nice game, with a stunning amount of detail in it's world, but really, once you master Blink and Dark Sight the only challenge remaining is to find all the content in the highly detailed levels.

A fun, lightweight game, with a hint of epicness, but not quite realised.
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    That is awesome. Sometimes it's like an Hitman, other-times it's like Assassins Creed and of course this is FPS and action as well. Incredible mix of gaming genres, interesting story line. I like it very much.
  21. Dec 24, 2012
    A little jewel this one. Beautiful atmosphere and setting. Story takes a couple of twist and turns, nothing to fancy, but it definitely isn't bad. Graphics are a bit outdated, but if you ask me, it only adds to the scenery and world of Dishonored. I found the combat enjoyable and all the different kind of spells you can utilize really add something to the game. Whether you want to sneakA little jewel this one. Beautiful atmosphere and setting. Story takes a couple of twist and turns, nothing to fancy, but it definitely isn't bad. Graphics are a bit outdated, but if you ask me, it only adds to the scenery and world of Dishonored. I found the combat enjoyable and all the different kind of spells you can utilize really add something to the game. Whether you want to sneak around, undetected or just run in and slaughter everybody, everything is possible. The only thing this game is missing is more of a sandbox mode, as now you are pretty tied to whatever zone your current mission throws you in. Nonetheless, I really had a good time playing this game and I hope they make some sort of sequel, as the entire world does have some potential in my opinion. Expand
  22. Dec 23, 2012
    Ce jeu est magnifique et jouissif à tous les égards : Possibilités énormes, jeu de haute volée, unique en son genre. Gameplay 10/10 graphismes ( j'adore ) 10/10 scénario 10/10 rejouabilité 10/10. Le jeu est tellement addictif que le temps n'existe plus ! Des jeux comme cela ( une perle rare ) on en redemande !
    Bravo à Arkane Studio (
    Bravo à Arkane Studio ( dev ) & Bethesda ( Editeur et aides ).
  23. Dec 24, 2012
    OMG, one of the best games out there. I've never written a review in my lifetime, but this game is worth every cent, I played non stop for 2 days, so it turned out too short for me, wish it was longer
    Awesome awesome
  24. Dec 26, 2012
    Wonderful, I have rarely seen a game as good a quality!

Graphically, it has a style that matches the soundtrack is good, but this game is most remarkable for its gameplay, universe and scenario, all original and rather Exc.

To do and recommend
    Arkane studio thank you!
  25. May 2, 2013
    You have to play this game at least twice to really maximize gameplay experience. It's a bit limited in that once you complete a mission you can't return to that section of town to continue exploring or get any treasure left behind, however, the game is very tactical and thoroughly enjoyable.
  26. May 13, 2013
    Reminiscent of Thief and Bioshock, this game is enjoyable only to those who choose to play it "properly". Those who enjoy to run in guns blazing aren't likely to have a lot of fun here, or would be better suited in just playing Bioshock Infinite instead. However, those who like to stealthily avoid conflict and explore the world before them will have a blast.
    I myself enjoyed this game,
    I myself enjoyed this game, but I do have a few issues with it.
    For one, it's far too short. Can't really expand much on this. I'm the kind of guy who likes to find everything as well, but I still found this to be a far too short story.
    Secondly, some of the textures just don't look right. I love the hand-painted style of the textures in the game, but some of them just look muddy and bland, which detracts from the otherwise superb style.
    Finally, I don't think character development is done well enough for a game like this.
    However, fans of Deus Ex Human Revolution, Bioshock and the old Thief games should definitely give this a look.
    A final note is that this game is very well optimized, meaning it'll run even on a moderately weak PC splendid!
  27. Sep 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now,many people have touched upon the good elements of this game,so I won't go into any detail with those. The stealth and action elements,your abilities, all of them are well designed. I would also like to point out that this is one of the few games that makes first person platforming enjoyable for me. Textures may be a bit low res,but the visual design is very good. But that's not why I'm writing this review.The reason for that is massive flaw in this game,which prevents me from rating it at 10/10, and so far I haven't seen many reviewers touch upon it. "Dishonored" tracks your "chaos" as you complete your missions.Now,as I started playing I was not exactly sure how this worked,but I had heard from friends,that the less people you kill,the better the ending will be.And that's what I did.I have not killed a single assassination a target,except for Lady Boyle and in the end I still get the sh*tty,depressing f*ck you ending.So I looked up this chaos system on the game';s wiki and guess what. It doesn't matter that much if you've chosen to neutralize your target in a non-lethal fashion,it's all about how many guards you kill.Okay,that has got to be the most retarded idea in the history of mankind.First of all,the city is in complete chaos.There are killer rats,infected people that have gone insane and gang members that attack anyone on sight.People would know If I killed,for example,the high overseer,but how in the name of f*ck would they know how many guards I killed how.It makes no sense.Secondly,if you want to follow this path you're pretty much screwed.It says in the wiki,that you need to kill less than 20% of the guards in the are if you want to have low chaos,and beleive me,that's easier said than done.I never started any major massacres or something,just killed guards that were directly in my way and nearly impossible to sneak by.Now there is a way knock your enemies unconcious,but it's a pain in the a**.The first way to do it is to sneak up on them and strangle them,but that takes like five seconds and makes it very easy for you to be detected doing so.There wasn't bullsh*t like this in "Deus Ex:Human Revolution",hell there it was actually more quiet to perform a non lethal takedown.The second way is to use sleeping darts,but those are not that common,so you are forced to spend your money on them and to save them for enemies,which are hard to get behind.This whole system is flawed beyond belief.They could have atleast given you some kind of neutral ending,but no,if you want the good ening,you either have to be very patient or play the game on easy.This really,really spoiled the experience for me. Expand
  28. Jan 18, 2013
    Story:A good story for a stealth game and has its twist and turns.
    Gameplay: If bioshock and skyrim are mixed Dishonored is the result.
    Sound: Stunning voice work by Susan Sarandon,Chloë Grace Moretz,and Billy Lush give the a artistic feel and the kill sounds are awesome
    Graphics: great artwork by Viktor Antonov and its just stunning
    Verdict: 9/10
  29. May 4, 2013
    one of the best games ever!!!!!! this is just a perfect game. everything in this game is done great. the story is great. you really care for the characters and you do want to get your revenge. the gameplay is amazing. its hard to describe the greatness of the gameplay. the gameplay is really unique. the good thing about the gameplay is that you can play how you want. you can be sneaky, butone of the best games ever!!!!!! this is just a perfect game. everything in this game is done great. the story is great. you really care for the characters and you do want to get your revenge. the gameplay is amazing. its hard to describe the greatness of the gameplay. the gameplay is really unique. the good thing about the gameplay is that you can play how you want. you can be sneaky, but if you want you can also kill everyone face to face. there are also multiple ways to do everything. there are a lot of paths to get to your objective. there also a lot of ways to do your objectives. the powers in the game are really fun and useful. the sidequests in the game are really fun and cool and its a blast to do them.
    the game looks amazing. from a technical perspective it isnt impresive but the art style is so good that it makes up for it. the city where the game happens is called dunwall, and its amazing. there wasnt a game location as good as this since bioshock. dunwall is amazing and beatiful, and it has a lot of detail put into it.
    this is maybe the best game ever!!!!!!! if you cal yourself a gamer you should definetly try it!!!!!!!
  30. Dec 24, 2013
    This is one of the best games of 2012. Simple incredible, almost perfect. Plot gripped me from the very beginning. Amazing combat and especially stealth system. Try hardest difficulty with no kill anyone. Also try to gather all coins in the game it was very hard and very entertaining!
    The only thing that saddened me is the ending feel quite empty and does not explain anything. Anyways, the game is great, I am waiting for DH2
  31. Apr 1, 2013
    this game is good, its so easy and short though, over hyped and not worth the £30 I shelled out for it when its £20 or less I do advise people to get it, I planned to replay it after completing it in less than 12 hours but so far have preferred to play games with more replay value. I want a game that's at least 30hours of entertainment... Interesting and I wasn't bored while I played itthis game is good, its so easy and short though, over hyped and not worth the £30 I shelled out for it when its £20 or less I do advise people to get it, I planned to replay it after completing it in less than 12 hours but so far have preferred to play games with more replay value. I want a game that's at least 30hours of entertainment... Interesting and I wasn't bored while I played it but I expected more. Expand
  32. May 21, 2013
    Overall, a good game. while the storyline was not always original, the setting and gameplay environment was unique. The game was rather short but it compensated with replayability. I liked that there were different possible gameplay styles which led to different endings. I also liked the open world. i didn't like the repetitiveness of the AI after a while their same conversations wasOverall, a good game. while the storyline was not always original, the setting and gameplay environment was unique. The game was rather short but it compensated with replayability. I liked that there were different possible gameplay styles which led to different endings. I also liked the open world. i didn't like the repetitiveness of the AI after a while their same conversations was rather annoying. Considering the game was meant to give the player freedom in determining the course of play, i was hoping for more options and felt the game fell short in meeting this objective.

It was nowhere near as good as other Bethesda releases. I was hoping it would be similar to Fallout but doesn't come close. Nevertheless, i did enjoy playing it.
  33. Jul 15, 2013
    Brilliant game! But do yourself a favor and play on hard.... The game is very easy and it is too easy to just kill anyone who opposes you. The visuals may not be the best but they are very artistic and suit the game!
  34. Jun 21, 2013
    Despite being painfully easy even on the hardest difficulty the story is one of the greatest uses of player emotion, and really shows the modern gaming industry just how to do first person, although not necessarily stealth as it is just so easy.
  35. Jun 25, 2013
    If Dishonored was a drink it would be Arizona Sweet Tea. It has the good taste of stealth and nice level design but has the bad aftertaste of bland as cheerioes characters and an awful story. The Stealth Element Of The Game IS very innovative bringing fantasy elements to running around and stabbing people with supernatural powers and cool weapon mechanics. Sadly though it makes the game asIf Dishonored was a drink it would be Arizona Sweet Tea. It has the good taste of stealth and nice level design but has the bad aftertaste of bland as cheerioes characters and an awful story. The Stealth Element Of The Game IS very innovative bringing fantasy elements to running around and stabbing people with supernatural powers and cool weapon mechanics. Sadly though it makes the game as easy as clicking a mouse. Even on the hardest difficulty it took me 12 hours. Dishonored has great level design with sprawling epic buildings and many ways to see tomato juice come out of you foes. You can jump around buildings or just run and stab them or place traps everywhere or.......there is a lot! The problem here is In a LINEAR game such as Absolution you still have endless ways to kill someone while being in the laws of physics. You would think with an open sand box you can just find awesome ways to stab things. Now with the Good Out here comes the bad aftertaste. THE NPC's are just bad............... They have no emotion like robots. I would get the same order Corvo go kill the man he is bad and we don't like him beep boop" its like if i tried to stab them there would be an electric shock. Stealth games i have seen have bad stories but come on just get some film writer and make a nice script. Absolution and Deus Ex HR had lovely stories but here its just wrong. The Ending without spoiling it is bad in both ways. Its either everything is good or everything is bad. It isnt 2000 we need to focus a lot on a game now because we progressed. Dishonored has the charm of the immersive and awesome city. Stealth= Awesome Upgrades= Sweet Everything Else= Shant. Luckily the awesome is in a lot more then the bad. So wait for a discount. Dishonored gets a 6/10 Expand
  36. Sep 27, 2013
    I don't know what to say.
    Great story, they perfected it.
    The whole stealth mode is awesome and the weapons you have are epic.
    You will need skill to pass this game on normal or hard.
  37. Sep 15, 2013
    HEY! its Dishonored you know there's a reason for that name because it dishonors the thief series with this new Thief game coming out people have been stupid enough to say its a rip off of Dishonored well the fact is that the first Thief game came out in 1998 the second one was 2000 and the third was 2004 so as you see its much older then this garbage, also lets talk about how you have toHEY! its Dishonored you know there's a reason for that name because it dishonors the thief series with this new Thief game coming out people have been stupid enough to say its a rip off of Dishonored well the fact is that the first Thief game came out in 1998 the second one was 2000 and the third was 2004 so as you see its much older then this garbage, also lets talk about how you have to go to someone to take you to a location Thief doesn't do that you have to get there your self, the only thing i liked about this game was a bit of its story when your getting framed for the murder of the queen (but it doesn't help his case if he turns into a murderer afterwards tho) but still in this the hiding is rubbish, Thief did it right by letting you hiding in the shadows but come on Dishonored if your going to copy everything from Thief why not that!it's a really good mechanic you get in tensed because they could be standing in front of you and your just panicking that they don't see you, it just makes the game fun also people would sneak more then just run and kill everything, we need something to get us away from all the call of duty kids at the moment and this game will not do it... BUT MAYBE THIEF WILL! Expand
  38. Sep 14, 2013
    This game is pure gold. The story is amazing and the gameplay is great. The stealth is good as well. and the multiple parts and different choices give variety to the game.
  39. Oct 24, 2013
    Even a year on there is still a stack of replay value. Dishonored is often touted as a "spiritual successor" to Thief but in reality it's so much more. I loved the Thief games but going back to Thief after playing Dishonored is like going back to the original Wolfenstein after playing Unreal Tournament 3.

The main campaign admittedly feels short but there's so many ways you can play

The main campaign admittedly feels short but there's so many ways you can play through it without feeling stale that it more than makes up for it, and both DLC packs are top notch.
  40. Oct 12, 2013
    an amazing little stealth first person stab them up with a less than par story but none the less a game you can dive right into and enjoy easily a definite recommendation from me
  41. Oct 23, 2013
    Dishonored proves to be a strong stealth game: it's one of the fewest stealth games that puts creativity to the gameplay. It is a revolution, but it doesn't perform the revolution perfectly. It offers a highly intelligent gameplay, with some limitations. Story-wise and graphics-wise isn't anything special, but all what matters is the gameplay.
    It's a welcome challenge to use the unique
    It's a welcome challenge to use the unique powers to eliminate enemies. It provides an unique experience, and makes you think for a creative way to kill enemies. It will also follow your taste of gameplay: either you kill hiding on the shadows, or you just go kill everyone while being detected. Combine that, with the sweet looting and with the linear, but interesting exploration, you've got a great game. And, thankfully, the game has replay value.
    But the experience isn't that special, having a slightly short campaign (it took me about 10-12 hours), and the sometimes claustrophobic nature seeming a steal from Bioshock. It's just nothing new with the imerssivness of the game.
    Dishonored is a great game. It may not realize all your wishes, but it does satisfy. (Final Score: 8.46)
  42. Oct 24, 2013
    This is a fun game. Great story line and great graphics. the DL content was even fun. there's so many ways to play this game that you'll make repeat runs thru it. I got the game and the dl content on steam for a great price. If you have a mid level gaming pc with a decent card. Go get the GOTY edition of this. you won't be disappointed..
  43. Dec 26, 2013
    Dishonored is a fantastic stealth action game that can best be called a delicious fusion of Thief, Deus Ex, and BioShock. The stealth, movement, and combat mechanics are all satisfying enough to keep any gamer's attention, and the choice to kill or not kill any given foe makes for a surprising degree of replayability your choices have real effects on the world, in ways that would probablyDishonored is a fantastic stealth action game that can best be called a delicious fusion of Thief, Deus Ex, and BioShock. The stealth, movement, and combat mechanics are all satisfying enough to keep any gamer's attention, and the choice to kill or not kill any given foe makes for a surprising degree of replayability your choices have real effects on the world, in ways that would probably never occur to you.

I have at the present moment spent 67 hours on the game and its two story DLC (The Knife of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches). I've even gone to the trouble of playing through all of them twice to collect all the achievements. The main story campaign took me less than 15 hours my first playthrough and it's more than possible to complete the game in 10 hours or less if you really rush. However, the game has a deep world and backstory and is not meant for speedruns if take your time, search out the secrets, read the books scattered about, and listen to the goons you stalk before filling their headholes with steel, you'll discover a deep, rich, and unique world unlike anything in games today.

Gameplay is what a game lives or dies on, and Dishonored's is rock solid. Whether you want to sneak around unseen and undetected or charge in guns blazing and kill everyone in your path, Dishonored lets you carry out your assigned missions your way, without glitches, crashes, or bugs.

In addition to the excellent mechanics (on which all games live or die), Dishonored offers luxurious art (though tbqh, I feel the City 17 parallels are a little too striking), a satisfying storyline, widely varied missions, and top-flight voice acting. The music is mostly unremarkable, but since the game (quite reasonably) forces it to take a backseat to environmental and other sound effects, it's to be expected.
  44. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is amazing, the 20 hours I spent on this game were the best 20 hours of my life. The stealth mechanics are so deep and the story line is so intriguing. Two words: get. it.
  45. Mar 27, 2014
    Dishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixingDishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixing powers together to create devastating results. For example, you can windblast someone off a bridge, freeze time, warp to the ground and drop a spring trap, and watch the falling carcass get ripped apart. It's hysterical how fun the powers are to use. While some levels are more tedious than others, the exceptional levels are the ones I've remembered to this day. The game is memorable, fun, fast paced for a stealth game, and tells its story with efficiency. The only thing it's missing is an end-game where you could run around areas you've gone in using those powers of yours to find creative ways to down your foes. That would've made this the best game I've ever played. It still scores a 10/10 with me because of its gameplay. Despite the lack of any replay value if you play stealth, it's a great creativity device, and it is actually still worth replaying if you enjoy murdering guards with combinations of powers and a well-placed bullet.
    This game is a lot like Bioshock Infinite, if you think of it. The stories are both dystopias, both involve rescuing a damsel in distress, both are around the 10-12 hour mark with no end-game or save files, both take place before 2000 (It's hard to tell with Dishonored. It seems to take place in a steampunk society, to a degree.), and both involve extraterrestrial powers (Except that Bioshock explains them as Vigors, while Dishonored states that they originate from the Mark of the Outsider.)
    The DLC for Dishonored adds a whole new world, and does DLC right for an accurate price.
    This game was worth every penny, and I don't think I'll ever play a better stealth game.
    The game plays a silent protagonist extremely well. It's more fitting than a protagonist like, say, Garret from Thief. Corvo fits better as a silent protagonist, except, that you feel for him and his story, which motivates you to play to the end. This game tells its story flawlessly, its protagonist is silent yet memorable, and it is FUN AS HELL.
  46. Nov 12, 2014
    "Dishonored"

Dishonored is a brand new IP from Bethesda and it is the pinnacle of stealth games, the game revolts around choices, player freedom and immersive environments. Simply one of the best stealth games of all time.
    --------------------------------------------------
    GAMESCORE: 9.5 "FLAWLESS"
    --------------------------------------------------
  47. Sep 3, 2014
    Best stealth game in years, great level design and honestly it needs a damn sequel already, I hope that Arkane or Bethesda announces Dishonored 2 soon, i'd be one happy gamer.
  48. Jul 3, 2014
    I loved the universe and the gameplay.
    BUT
    Game: BE PISSED-OFF ABOUT LIFE ! Me: Why? Game: Because. Look. They killed the emperess Me: Who is she? Do I know her? Game: NO TIME TO EXPLAIN. REVENGE! Me: But seriously, who is she? And those guys here? Who the hell are they? Game: ARE YOU PISSED-OFF OR WHAT? Me: not... really ... I guess i should... It's looks like those guys are
    I loved the universe and the gameplay.
    BUT

Game: BE PISSED-OFF ABOUT LIFE !
    Me: Why?
    Game: Because. Look. They killed the emperess
    Me: Who is she? Do I know her?
    Game: NO TIME TO EXPLAIN. REVENGE!
    Me: But seriously, who is she? And those guys here? Who the hell are they?
    Game: ARE YOU PISSED-OFF OR WHAT?
    Me: not... really ... I guess i should... It's looks like those guys are the bad guys and I'm the good guy and...
    Game: CMON LETS GO REVENGE...
    Me: if you say so... I will try to do as you say, but I still can't feel any tension in me...
    Game: HERE YOU TAKE WEAPONS AND **** AND GO HAVE FUN
    Me: mhh ok... But really I don't know those guys... And you who are you?
    Game: damn this player is such a mess....
  49. Oct 17, 2012
    For a mid-teir game, the mechanics and gameplay are serviceable. But it is only a mid-teir game, so don't expect greatness there. For this to be a worthwhile game, the art design and story have to be very good. The art design, albeit very low rez, is excellent. Moody and distinctive, it had the potential to really suck me in.
    The story and dialog, however, are terrible. Cliche, piled
    The story and dialog, however, are terrible. Cliche, piled on top of trope, pilied on top of cardboard character. Then there is the fact that it treats the player like he/she is an idiot mongoloid. Do we really need to be told half a dozen times "you are brave and our only hope, you must save the empresses daughter from Darth Bowser." There is nothing to discover, because the game is afraid that you will miss something if it isn't spelled out in CAPITAL BOLD LETTERS twenty times. And can we please quit with the constant monologuing (see The Incredibles movie). Oh, and lest I forget, there is Zelda level holdhanding with the constant 'helpful' popups.
  50. Oct 12, 2012
    This was an excellent game. From the terrific atmosphere, to the complex back round story, Dishonored gives a fantastic gaming experience. I look forward to seeing if the creators will expand this universe even more. The only downside to the game is that the story is a little predictable in some parts.
  51. Oct 9, 2012
    all i can say is meh. the graphics are circa 2009 and the pc port looks terrible. it just does. Unreal Engine 3 shows many signs of wear. the gameplay feels like thief + assassins creed in first person. the game is not a true open world fps, where the "open" element exists within the confined areas you are given to do missions. i felt on a rail the entire game. item finding to buildall i can say is meh. the graphics are circa 2009 and the pc port looks terrible. it just does. Unreal Engine 3 shows many signs of wear. the gameplay feels like thief + assassins creed in first person. the game is not a true open world fps, where the "open" element exists within the confined areas you are given to do missions. i felt on a rail the entire game. item finding to build powers makes it feel like sleeping dogs. there is no sense of vulnerability in Dishonored game. i never once felt threatened by anything that attacked me due to the overpowering abilities i had. to add to that, the A.I. is pretty horrific. its great to have alot of options when you want to kill people, but what is the point if they are just cannon fodder and stupid as bricks. its like wayne gretzky playing in the minor leagues. dialogue is nothing more than scripted cutscenes with no choice from the player. really hate to say it, but i feel let down. Expand
  52. Oct 11, 2012
    BUY THIS GAME IT IS AWESOME. There, you don't need to read my review. But if you stick around, ill explain you why this game is probably the best game you will play this year. Dishonored takes you in this magnificient, plague-ridden diesel-punk (or whale-punk) universe, where you take the role of Corvo, the lord-protector of the empress, falsely accused of her murder. Within this settingBUY THIS GAME IT IS AWESOME. There, you don't need to read my review. But if you stick around, ill explain you why this game is probably the best game you will play this year. Dishonored takes you in this magnificient, plague-ridden diesel-punk (or whale-punk) universe, where you take the role of Corvo, the lord-protector of the empress, falsely accused of her murder. Within this setting of vengeance, you will, sneak, assassinate, knock out, shoot and teleport your way trough many and deeply satisfying assassination missions. Freedom is the main aspect of arkane's game. Tough it is not an open world game like Skyrim, exploration is both rewarding and really fun to do, thanks to the many upgrade items, lore objects scattered throughout the city of dunwall. Exploring that environment is fluid and fast, thanks to a smooth navigation system that works really well. It is rare to have that much mobility in a first person view. When you are not going from rooftop to rooftop, searching of a treasure, you are killing... or not. the number of possibilities to achieve your objectives is almost endless. Just in the first mission after the prison escape, i could think of at least 20 different ways to end my target, one of which was non-lethal. Thats the beauty of the game, you can play the missions many different times, as not only there are many ways to do a mission, but also because loot and guard patrols are random. Some peopples are hesitating in getting the game, unsure if the fun will last. Well, i would say that the time required to play trough the game varries from one person to an other. If, you are an idiot, that doesn't get the main idea of the game, that plays on easy and never explore or do side quests (yes there are side quests and they are surprisingly amazing) you might end the game in six hours. But, if you take your time with it, explore, play at a high difficulty, and try different ways to achieve your goals, well, lets just say i am in the second mission and i have already played 10 hours. In conclusion, this game will blow any hardcore gamer away. If you are tired of the same old IPs, well there is the game you seek. Minors complaints: i think there could have been more conversations with the Npc's and the graphics, tough beautiful are somewhat underwhelming. My score would be 9.7, I hope this review convinced you at least a bit and if it didn't, just check the meta score. Expand
  53. Oct 15, 2012
    It doesn't have the best stealth (the Blink ability is a mixed bag; it opens up for some interesting tactics, but can make sneaking a bit TOO simple in some environments) or the best action ever (only three weapons not including your powers, some of which are impractical in combat) but it makes up for it by offering a breadth of freedom and choice to the player while still beingIt doesn't have the best stealth (the Blink ability is a mixed bag; it opens up for some interesting tactics, but can make sneaking a bit TOO simple in some environments) or the best action ever (only three weapons not including your powers, some of which are impractical in combat) but it makes up for it by offering a breadth of freedom and choice to the player while still being approachable to players who are more used to simply following a linear path. There's an "obvious" solution to your missions, but there's also less obvious solutions that are often more satisfying than the former, encouraging you to really explore and weigh your options. Some people still say it's too linear. To these people I have to ask... how open do you really expect this sort of game to be? Even Deus Ex and Hitman have a finite amount of ways to approach objectives, and this game is still pretty open.

I's not a perfect game but coming from a fan of Deux Ex and Thief it's a heck of a lot of fun and does more things right than it does wrong. I can only imagine most of the people who are actually rating this game as a 5 or lower are nostalgia-goggled, disillusioned old gamers who won't be satisfied with anything other than the games they played as kids.
  54. Oct 24, 2012
    It was an ok game, the combat and stealth were decent, but the controls are so clunky, the same button does 3 or 4 things (using the same button to both grab a chain and drop to your death from the top of it was a ridiculous oversight imo), and maybe its just my game was bugged, but my saves were constantly dsappearing, and none of them had the actual time in them, it just saidIt was an ok game, the combat and stealth were decent, but the controls are so clunky, the same button does 3 or 4 things (using the same button to both grab a chain and drop to your death from the top of it was a ridiculous oversight imo), and maybe its just my game was bugged, but my saves were constantly dsappearing, and none of them had the actual time in them, it just said day/month/year hour:minute:second, so when you try to find the save you're on i have to load each until i find the right one (if its even still there)... its good, but it could have been better, and i would recommend waiting for a GotY or collectors bundle if you want more than 20 hrs of play time.

Oh, and don't try shooting between bars, even hand rails with 2 foot by 4 foot openings, apparently dishonored was programmed back in the day when everything had to be a solid wall. I thought game programmers had evolved past bulls**t like this, but I guess I was wrong.
  55. Oct 11, 2012
    Excellent level design and arts but the game have a really bad story and is actually a sandbox experience. There's absolutely no challenge, our character is too powerful (you can one shot each enemy of the game + weird escape with blink) and exploration isn't rewarded well. After a ghost run, I've finished the game in 5 hours in very hard without any powers/upgrades (only blink and knife)Excellent level design and arts but the game have a really bad story and is actually a sandbox experience. There's absolutely no challenge, our character is too powerful (you can one shot each enemy of the game + weird escape with blink) and exploration isn't rewarded well. After a ghost run, I've finished the game in 5 hours in very hard without any powers/upgrades (only blink and knife) which reminds me that's a real problem if you don't like sandbox game and prefer games with real challenge. Expand
  56. Oct 9, 2012
    Best game I have played since Skyrim! Has a bioshock feel to the artstyle and atmosphere, and the controls and gameplay are amazing! I finished the game and started it again almost directly afterwards and am having even more fun the second playthrough!
  57. Oct 10, 2012
    It was quite upto the expectations, first thing I will say it looks really really cool. The distant view, texture quality and overall look was amazing this is one of the best looking game of this year. While the stealth mode was effective many times it does prove faulty at several places despite of having many option I felt out of option often in times. AI was considerably fine andIt was quite upto the expectations, first thing I will say it looks really really cool. The distant view, texture quality and overall look was amazing this is one of the best looking game of this year. While the stealth mode was effective many times it does prove faulty at several places despite of having many option I felt out of option often in times. AI was considerably fine and dialogue was helping to go on with the script. There is still a lot I have to explore in the game but so far I am happy with it. Expand
  58. Oct 9, 2012
    This game is amazing. Its a new take on gaming that we desperately needed in these times of repetitiveness. The art style is unique, scenes and maps amazing. Personally I love the sand box feel and the separated missions much like portal 2. This also lends a hand to those completionists as it assesses your mission stats and you can always work on improving. Maybe the endings leave much toThis game is amazing. Its a new take on gaming that we desperately needed in these times of repetitiveness. The art style is unique, scenes and maps amazing. Personally I love the sand box feel and the separated missions much like portal 2. This also lends a hand to those completionists as it assesses your mission stats and you can always work on improving. Maybe the endings leave much to be desired but do we play these games for the story or for the awesome supernatural assassin powers and awesome gameplay? May be a bit easy but up the difficulty and we have a contender for game of the year. I'll rewrite this review after one week to comment on replayability. Expand
  59. Oct 12, 2012
    What a gem. This game is everything we want as gamers. It's new, fresh, innovative, and just a damn good time. It doesn't take us for fools and is a smart and well thought out game. Love that you can remove the hud as well. This isn't a game you are supposed to rush through. Take your time, explore, etc. Unbelievably great game.
  60. Oct 12, 2012
    I am in love with this game. It's soooo beautiful and the world is so well made. I love exploring the levels and finding everything it has to offer. I am playing a full stealth game and it's so intense and fun. If I get caught I consider it a failure and reload I haven't had this much fun in a game since Deus Ex: Human Revolution!
  61. Oct 18, 2012
    I am a person that almost never finishes a game. All games lose my interest halfway into them. I've even lost interest in Skyrim but I do go back and play once in a while Other games that have kept my interest are Mass Effect. Anyway, I loved this game and it kept my interest throughout. I finished it today. Awesome game!
  62. Oct 12, 2012
    I have nothing but praise for this game, but first, I have something to say addressing other reviewers' complaints:
    If the game was too short, you were doing something terribly, terribly wrong. My thorough (lethal) playthrough took me about 16 hours, doing all the sidequests, tracking down as much of the gold and as many of the runes and whale-bone charms as I could. I can only imagine it'd be much longer if you went non-lethal.
    Now, to the actual review.
    Graphics: Using a heavily modified version of the Unreal 3 engine, Dishonored portrays the steampunk city of Dunwall with a style and flair that hooked me instantly. The models and textures are as high-resolution as a PC gamer could ask for, and the unique shaders and strong, hard shadows conveyed a strong, graphic novel-esque sense of visual atmosphere. The world's grim visual glory was even further enhanced by the spectacular art direction, taking queues from Half-Life 2 and blending that aesthetic with elements lifted from steampunk subculture to create a unique, rich, and enthralling visual experience. 9/10.
    Gameplay: It's difficult to address the gameplay and story separately, as the two are inexorably intertwined, but I'll do my best. Missions fling you into vast, open environments littered with hidden nooks and crannies, open windows, and rooftops just begging to be explored and immersed in. As you explore, you come across runes, coins, and whale bone charms. Runes are used to unlock elements of a supernatural toolkit, handing you various new strategies with which to engage in combat or exploration, but never overwhelming you with too much at once. Coins are used to purchase upgrades to your more physical gadgets, such as new lenses for your clockwork mask, or an automatic reloading system for your hand crossbow. And lastly, whale bone charms are equipped to give you small perks of a sort, such as gaining token amounts of health from drinking water, or swinging your sword slightly more quickly. Charms are randomized as well, so you'll rarely find one in the same place between playthroughs. Taking the elements the game gives you and combining them is where the real gold is, and every solution you come up with is something you created, not you being funneled through a narrow pathway or being told to do things a very specific way, as is common with modern games. This isn't a game where you're disappointed by hitting yet another invisible wall - this is a game where you're thrilled by discovering that yes, that did, in fact, work. 10/10.
    Story: And this is where the game truly gets into its stride, and this surprised me. Before I played the game, I was expecting a thrilling experience, not really a complex story, or good characterization. Dishonored had the courtesy to hand me everything. I'm not going to spoil anything, but the story is intense and emotional, despite the fact that it can only really be advanced between missions. But it's not the pre-set story that's the best element here, no... it's how the player's actions impact the curve of events. The game gives you tools of death; it gives you a pistol and crossbow, it gives you mines that fling razor-sharp shrapnel in a metallic tornado, it gives you a power that summons a swarm of ravenous plague rats, but it also gives you a warning: if you take too many lives, the story, characters, world, and even you will change for the worse. Many disregard the warning, much like I did... and were left distraught when, at the very end, the game solemnly held up a mirror. There are games with intense stories and endings that make you tear up, but there is NOTHING as harsh as this. Games like Mass Effect or Spec Ops: The Line, as much as you can impact events in the former, are sending you along a predetermined path. The ending isn't a product of your actions - it's simply affected by them. When Dishonored came to a conclusion, I knew that all the horrible things that had happened were MY fault, not because I'd been forced to take lives, but because I'd CHOSEN to. 10/10.
    Conclusion: Dishonored was everything I'd hoped for and so much more. This game is a work of art, and you owe it to yourself to play it any way you can. It doesn't matter what the magazines say, this is my game of the year without a moment's thought.
  63. Oct 9, 2012
    It did not take me long to fall in love with this game. It feels like you can really take charge or your character however you want. If you wanna rush through enemies, hacking and slashing everything in your sight? You got it. You wanna Stealthily sneak through the entire game with shooting a single bullet? You got it. This game is what I would call a great game to bring Arkane studios onIt did not take me long to fall in love with this game. It feels like you can really take charge or your character however you want. If you wanna rush through enemies, hacking and slashing everything in your sight? You got it. You wanna Stealthily sneak through the entire game with shooting a single bullet? You got it. This game is what I would call a great game to bring Arkane studios on to the map of real gaming. I hope to see more stuff like this from them. This isn't a game that you will follow through doing whatever the next objective is, it is a game for you. Expand
  64. Dec 11, 2012
    I don't know why there is such a hype for this game for being something fresh and new. I bought the game in hope to finally find a good first person assassination game after it got so many good reviews. But again it seems like the review sites got paid to give it a high score, I couldn't play the game for more than 3-4 hours. The combat is pretty boring and dull, you get some spells andI don't know why there is such a hype for this game for being something fresh and new. I bought the game in hope to finally find a good first person assassination game after it got so many good reviews. But again it seems like the review sites got paid to give it a high score, I couldn't play the game for more than 3-4 hours. The combat is pretty boring and dull, you get some spells and other features that just make the whole game easier than it already is, if you want a challenge don't use any spells and upgrades. The missions are boring, along the main story you get side quests that don't really give you any benefit. The game promises freedom and choices that have influence in the game, but the freedom they promise is pretty much if you want to run through all the guards to your goal or use the roofs or sewers, and the choices you make in the game end up to nothing. The atmosphere in the game has potential but the graphics ruin it, it would have been much better using realistic graphics than this comic stuff. The game is basically linear, getting easier with every spell and upgrade, and a dark atmosphere being ruined by comic graphics. If you played something like Deus Ex or Thief, don't buy it, you're gonna be disappointed. Expand
  65. Nov 21, 2012
    I haven't played Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3 isn't out yet, but for now, best game of the year in my opinion. Original and interesting storyline, amazingly diverse and engaging gameplay and very good graphics. Overall, a great and complex game that every gamer should play at least once.
  66. Nov 16, 2012
    It took me awhile to get into this game. The first two missions were meh and I hate the Unreal graphics engine - the gfx look about 10 years old in some ways. However, the game really picks up afterwards. The plot was very interesting and it was all around a good stealth shooter.
  67. Oct 19, 2012
    I am IN LOVE with this game. Best one i played in a long time and the first 10/10 for as long as i can remember. It seems to be very diverse opinions bout it, and maybe its one of those you either love or hate. I simply love every inch of it. Its like a combination of fables atmosphere,assasins creeds sneaking, hitmans variation and Halflife 2´s surroundings. the gameplay isI am IN LOVE with this game. Best one i played in a long time and the first 10/10 for as long as i can remember. It seems to be very diverse opinions bout it, and maybe its one of those you either love or hate. I simply love every inch of it. Its like a combination of fables atmosphere,assasins creeds sneaking, hitmans variation and Halflife 2´s surroundings. the gameplay is perfect, its fun all the time, really varied where you can go your own way pretty much everywhere. there is this great atmosphere where i really feel im there. Theres i so much to discover that i would just dont care about in any other game, but here i can spend hours on going to small secret rooms and passages cause they all feel so alive and intresting. The controls are supersmooth and i almost get irritated cause there is nothing to be irritated on. loading times are super quick, the graphics are fabulous on many places. the sound is really perfect. Or, yeah there is one thing that could be better, there is almost no music, which actually suits the game good, but i would prefer a good soundtrack. Expand
  68. Oct 13, 2012
    I enjoyed the game...I like that you had a few options in how to resolve each mission whether it be lethal or non lethal...it took me about 14 hours to beat it although I did quite a bit of exploration trying to find all the stuff...it left me wanting more though and honestly felt too short, like there was way more in the way of missions that should have happened before taking on theI enjoyed the game...I like that you had a few options in how to resolve each mission whether it be lethal or non lethal...it took me about 14 hours to beat it although I did quite a bit of exploration trying to find all the stuff...it left me wanting more though and honestly felt too short, like there was way more in the way of missions that should have happened before taking on the final "boss'. I don't really want to go back and replay it either unlike deus ex: hr which I played through several times. All in all a very cool stealth action game...there is a dlc button on the main screen so I think we can expect that to come down the pipe soon. Expand
  69. Oct 21, 2012
    DIshonored is a curious game. It promotes itself as an open world FP-action-stealth-RPG with a deep plot but at the end of the day after the 20 or so hours it took me to complete the game, I was impressed by it for other reasons. Firstly, the stealth element is mediocre at best, mimicking stealth mechanics of modern action titles such as Deus Ex and the Elder Scrolls. The climbing mechanicDIshonored is a curious game. It promotes itself as an open world FP-action-stealth-RPG with a deep plot but at the end of the day after the 20 or so hours it took me to complete the game, I was impressed by it for other reasons. Firstly, the stealth element is mediocre at best, mimicking stealth mechanics of modern action titles such as Deus Ex and the Elder Scrolls. The climbing mechanic is definitely one of the best Ive seen in recently years with EVERY obstacle able to be climbed over/ascend onto in first-person. No more of the **** 'Oh this ledge is too high, my character cant reach it coz they jump liek they're toddlers' or 'Oh noes I cant get overt this barrier coz my character cant jump high enough'. Its called using your bloody hands and body. And finally, Dishonored showed us that. I am crying with happiness.
    Oh yes, they managed to make both the stealth and all-guns-blazing approach satisfying, which is a plus as most modern games of such manner would only reward players who chose the stealth path. The excellent plotline, the world, NPCs and superb voiceacting are also highlights. The ending to the game is nothing sort of heartwarming (though this depends on your choices in the game) and this does not mean its a happy ending (depends on you interpret it - I say its a happy ending despite what happens). The cons? Its not open world. Thats right. They lied to us. Essentially there are NINE missions, each with a large area to complete objectives. Its not an open world sense like Deus Ex. There are no hubs to visit, no cities to explore or locations to be discovered. You're essentially handed the area for each mission and through their open yet linear multiple pathways, you proceed, overcome and complete your objectives. Oh and did I mention its pretty short? I finished this game in a little bit over 20 hours and that's only because I actually did every single side-quest as well as found almost every collectable in every mission as well as listened/engages in every dialogue possible. If you rush, you can finish the game under 10 hours (a player on steam forums completed the game in 7 hours). Dishonored is an experience. You play it. You finish it. You probably will play it again just to see how things will pan out differently. And then you probably wont touch it again. But you'll still think it was worth it, the money well spent. An excellent, well-rounded title that deserves your attention.
  70. Oct 17, 2012
    This game is simply amazing! everything about this game is deadly. Its skyrim, bioshock and thief all mxed in one game. similar skyrim combat system, bioshock similar powers, and theif similar to sneaking around castles etc. This game will really have you sitting on the edge of your chair!
  71. Oct 16, 2012
    Definitely a great game. The most fun part of this game is the number of choices you can make to proceed through a mission, mostly because of the variety of ways you have to do your kills.
    Their main soundtrack (Drunken Whaler) fits the game perfectly, users usually love when guards whistles it.
  72. Oct 26, 2012
    When I first heard about Zeni Max consuming the Arcane Studio,I really wasnt sure that they can provide something interesting to gamers because ZM is famous for its RPG's not for assasin's creed style games.But eventually,after playing Dishonored,I realised that this game is far more involving and interesting than even hitman ot assasin's creed.A good mix of action and rpg,unique andWhen I first heard about Zeni Max consuming the Arcane Studio,I really wasnt sure that they can provide something interesting to gamers because ZM is famous for its RPG's not for assasin's creed style games.But eventually,after playing Dishonored,I realised that this game is far more involving and interesting than even hitman ot assasin's creed.A good mix of action and rpg,unique and interesting atmosphere,different possibilities of ending the game-is not the complete list of all advantages of the game.So I really enjoed playing this game for 20-30 hours and I reccommend it to anyone that is interested in stealth-action games. Expand
  73. Oct 29, 2012
    Probably one of the best stealth games, if not best overall RPG game I have played. It wasn't very long, but I think more devs need to make games shorter to enable more time to be allocated to increasing the quality overall. So much attention was focused on the detail, and if you're the kind of person who pays attention to the little things, you will appreciate this work of art.
  74. Oct 9, 2012
    The game play is absolutely great but the story is not smooth. The combat system feels like a mixture of Skyrim and Deus Ex H R. There are many dilemmas that the player must decide and many hidden places to explore. The player's decisions and skill selections will change where the player can go and cannot go. It means the player must replay the game several times to explore everything.
  75. Oct 16, 2012
    It's a pretty game. It looks old, but artistic direction does turn out here and there. That's probably the best thing I can say. Everything else is just so incredibly, incredibly bland and dull that I don't know where to start. Okay, let's start from the beginning: the story. You're thrown into it and from first 5 minutes (of which you barely understand anything besides plague andIt's a pretty game. It looks old, but artistic direction does turn out here and there. That's probably the best thing I can say. Everything else is just so incredibly, incredibly bland and dull that I don't know where to start. Okay, let's start from the beginning: the story. You're thrown into it and from first 5 minutes (of which you barely understand anything besides plague and assasination), it's clear that story continues to be a experiment on writing a novel by a professional welder or truck driver. I literally had zero interest, let alone emotion as introductory part unfolderd. Next, steampunk. Now, steampunk settings in a computer game means usually 3 things: level design consists of pipes (excuse to be lazy), you'll be collecting cogs and scrap metal (why?), and third, whole point of thing is to avoid being creative and use conventional weapons and gear with some gears and cogs attached to fake unique look. It's all true with this one. Plus, steampunk always results in games that has story which falls flat, fails to be comprehensible or stops to be interesting. True again. To sum it up, it's somewhat pretty and incredibly boring first person shooter/Bioshock clone which I have no intention to complete, ever. Simply because I fall asleep after half-hour of a gameplay. Also, it's clearly evident that this is no PC game, even despite the port and very stable running in my experience. From general game mechanics to oversimplified combat and non-existent stealth, this game has nothing to do with PC gaming. I guess you could hook a gamepad to your pc and play it as a console game, but why in the hell would you want to do that? PC has way more first person shooters, which, for start, are GOOD. Dishonored is not. Expand
  76. Oct 9, 2012
    Brilliant game.
    I have played about 2 hours and all I can say is... wow. The gameplay is so well made, the story is exciting but easy to understand, the voice actors are brilliant and the music is brilliant.
    Brilliant game.

The sound engineering is perhaps abit below average and the main character name is silly (in Swedish korv means sausage and his name Corvo sounds really silly) but the rest is just top notch. Best FPS since Half-Life 2.. perhaps even best FPS since ever. Arkane Studios have really made an amazing game doing all the right design decisions.
  77. Oct 12, 2012
    I really love this game, probably the best game I've ever played. Everything was great: the atmosphere, gameplay, graphics (little cartoony and I like that) and the AI. What I like most about this game is the many different ways you're able to finish it, like 5 different ways to get into a building or killing everyone or leaving everyone harmless. I definitely rate this game 10/10 evenI really love this game, probably the best game I've ever played. Everything was great: the atmosphere, gameplay, graphics (little cartoony and I like that) and the AI. What I like most about this game is the many different ways you're able to finish it, like 5 different ways to get into a building or killing everyone or leaving everyone harmless. I definitely rate this game 10/10 even more if I was able to. The only negative thing I have to say is that I've finished it in about 4-6 hours on normal difficulty, it's great that there's a mission replay option, though. It's a mix between: Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Beyond Good and Evil and Mirror's Edge. Expand
  78. Oct 10, 2012
    Right off the top I have to say this is definitely a GAME OF THE YEAR contender.

The game begins with a bit of linear game play. You are forced down certain pathways, but are given about a half dozen ways of working your way through the environment. This quickly opens up to a fairly large open world. You can tell that Arkane and Bethseda developed this game with multiple play throughs in mind. That being said the game is a bit short. If you explore the environments to the fullest you can get about 30 hours out of it. If you run through it you will probably get about 8 hrs. TAKE YOU TIME. you will enjoy it a lot more when you explore.

Overall an excellent game and well worth the money at full price. If the price drops any time soon (which it won't) I would suggest you buy it right away.

Oh and I have a fairly powerful computer... GTX 570, ACER Predator G5900. It runs very smooth on it and the GPU doesn't over heat.
  79. Oct 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sadly, I can't in good conscience give this game a score higher than 6. It was fun, to be sure, but it suffered from some major flaws.

1. The stealth is incredibly encouraged, to the point where the game practically forces some levels to be done in stealth. HOWEVER, there are only 2 powers that are used to encourage the stealth style- the sleep dart and the blink ability. After a certain point, these begin to run dry.

2. Length. I was shocked when the game ended when it did, and the final level was disappointing. I choked out the final boss from behind with no trouble AT ALL, and then it was game over.

3. Textures. I understand the graphical style the game was going for but some of the textures are plain ugly.

Good game overall, but please rent it, it's not worth $60.
  80. Oct 20, 2012
    Dishonored is a game that excels in many aspects, and although the plot is nothing more complicated than Mario games, it is still able to involve you with its rich and intriguing narrative. The gameplay, albeit too easy at times, is always fun and truly emphasizes the idea of playing a game in any way you want. The art direction is one of the most gritty and original since Half-Life 2,Dishonored is a game that excels in many aspects, and although the plot is nothing more complicated than Mario games, it is still able to involve you with its rich and intriguing narrative. The gameplay, albeit too easy at times, is always fun and truly emphasizes the idea of playing a game in any way you want. The art direction is one of the most gritty and original since Half-Life 2, and certain areas in the game look like true works of art. The gameplay adds and improves upon everything that was present in games like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, such as looting, swordplay and enemy AI. Unlike what some people may say, Dishonored doesn't necessarily punish you for assassinating people, as long as you make a couple of humane choices and refrain from going out of your way to kill every enemy you come across. The cast of characters are all interesting, and all interact with you in unique and different ways, allowing you to interpret their intentions and get involved in the story as it plays out. The only drawbacks for me was that I felt a bit overpowered at times, and I didn't feel that certain abilities and upgrades were made in such a way that they were a necessity - an experienced player would likely be able to finish the game without any. I also felt the ending could have provided more closure after countless hours of expectations as you involve yourself in the story - depending on what decisions you make throughout. Then again, this is a game set in a world that is yours to play with and approach in your own way, so its up to you to make the most out of it by focusing on the journey, not the destination. Expand
  81. Oct 27, 2012
    The entire game brings much more than just impressive atmosphere and graphics. The game style is really good, the interface is superb, nice although really easy maps.

I would definitively recommend this game to anyone if it wasnt so damn short. Its just a few hours of gameplay. I would expect at least twice the number of missions.
  82. Oct 19, 2012
    I enjoyed the game. Gameplay is a combination of Might and Magic: Dark Messiah and Bioshock, with a Bioshock and Half-Life 2 environmental aesthetic. A couple of the characters were a little weak due to bad voice acting and/or just falling flat. A lot of them were well done and rounded out, though, interesting to talk and listen to. Also, The Heart.. that was an excellent and immersiveI enjoyed the game. Gameplay is a combination of Might and Magic: Dark Messiah and Bioshock, with a Bioshock and Half-Life 2 environmental aesthetic. A couple of the characters were a little weak due to bad voice acting and/or just falling flat. A lot of them were well done and rounded out, though, interesting to talk and listen to. Also, The Heart.. that was an excellent and immersive mechanic to add, spent quite a bit of the game just listening to it. More then willing to play it a couple more times for the different endings. It isn't an industry changer, it probably won't stand the test of time, but it was more than worth the money, and I would love to visit the world again in the future. Expand
  83. Oct 21, 2012
    It has been quite some time since a game really caught my attention. The number of options available to meet an objective is amazing but unfortunately I felt that the game was too short. Overall its well worth the time and money.
  84. Oct 17, 2012
    This game has so many moving parts, I am amazed it came together as well as it did. Arkane's pedigree didn't exactly leave me high in expectation. They delivered with some beautiful, understated art, characters and setting I remember after putting the mouse down hours later, and greatest off all, a set of abilities and options that are all handled with a fine degree of precision. In theThis game has so many moving parts, I am amazed it came together as well as it did. Arkane's pedigree didn't exactly leave me high in expectation. They delivered with some beautiful, understated art, characters and setting I remember after putting the mouse down hours later, and greatest off all, a set of abilities and options that are all handled with a fine degree of precision. In the span of 4 seconds, I can teleport to the top of a fire escape, leap down and silently snuff the life out of one poor soul, then subdue his partner, while maybe alerting three other soldiers. You can then decide to stop time, assassinating all three with your blade/pistol/crossbow, create a gust of wind to knock them all back, or simply cook a grenade to explode in their faces. The moment to moment action is an interlocking chain of checks and balances. My only possible gripe with the encounters is that later on (After 'the twist') the player is forced by sheer design of some of the foes into a more deliberate and brutal (and less creative) form of interactive expression. On the whole, a fantastic new IP, one I hope to see more of. Expand
  85. Jan 11, 2013
    Dishonored feels like Thief with cool magic abilities, a similar equipment and much less likeable characters.
    I admit I've had some fun with this game, but not as much as I expected. The powers are the most interesting aspect to toy around with, along with the equipment which is more or less a steampunk version of the weapons from Thief (bow, dagger, mines). I am not entirely happy with the graphic compartment, which has good level design but it seems a little dated in quality terms; especially the dark vision is incredibly dull, with those boring plain color items and enemies. The one thing I hated most were the characters; the protagonist is silent, lacking the personality of some Garrett or Azio Auditore; the NPCs are simply unpleasant to interact with and don't add much to the gameplay, I can't really connect or care about any one of them, even princess Emily, because the game doesn't allow you any real chances for conversation. I dislike especially their design, with deformed heads and huge hands they seem like caricatures more than regular human characters. The steampunk setting in general is interesting and... weird... though not as involving as my experience with Thief (sorry I keep bringing it up but it's clearly the older brother of this game, with sneanking around, loot and all!). Unfortunately the story itself hasn't much to offer, I could tell all the plot "twists", predictable as they are, hours before they actually happened.
    Oddly enough, the game gives you a homicidal arsenal to play with but rewards you more for a non-lethal approach, which doesn't make much sense to me. In Thief you were a thief, not a killer, so it made sense the game rewarded you for NOT killing people, but in Dishonored you ARE an assassin, so why make the player feel punished for killing enemies? It's what the game is about!
    Overrall, the game builds up a lot of tension and sadness in the player, with the plagued city, the rats and the sick people everywhere; it does it so well, I actually felt anguished in real life after playing Dishonored for several hours. Unless you decide to take out your weapons and crack some heads, you don't have much chance to let that tension out. I missed, in fact, some moments of adrenaline rush, when the stealth approach is off and you have to punch your way through enemy lines with brute force. I also missed a few simple things here and there, such as maps of the city in your inventory to get around, and highlights on the rat tunnels which are hard to spot.
    Dishonored is a nice game, but it could have turned out much better. It has good mechanics but not so well implemented, and sorely lacks bright moments, character interaction, surprises and in general, a deeper player involvement. I hope in a sequel to give it a higher rating, it's a 7- in this review.
  86. Jun 29, 2013
    Any true PC aficionado will find this game mediocre at best. Not only is it a console port with aim assist AND auto aim set to 'On' prior to any options tweaking, but I found the aesthetics and dialogue to be very underwhelming. The game has interesting mechanics and extremely smooth and vivid animations, but the plot is almost nonexistent and the character you play as is a mute homicidalAny true PC aficionado will find this game mediocre at best. Not only is it a console port with aim assist AND auto aim set to 'On' prior to any options tweaking, but I found the aesthetics and dialogue to be very underwhelming. The game has interesting mechanics and extremely smooth and vivid animations, but the plot is almost nonexistent and the character you play as is a mute homicidal maniac bestowed with what I can only describe as god-like magic powers by an unexplained supernatural humanoid; excuse me, what?? Sad excuse for storytelling. How this game was allegedly loved by both players and critics alike is beyond me. Expand
  87. Oct 12, 2012
    I am having a really good time with this game. It reminds me of System Shock and Deus Ex but definnitely has its own personality and style. You have so much control over how you proceed with your objectives its crazy. This is a game that demands exploration and experimentation. I definitely recommend it.
  88. Oct 12, 2012
    Good game, is an entertaining title at the hands of the guys at Bethesda (arkand) but with some errors to correct give my point of view.

A very weak fighting system, which have been fixed with a little mix of action role, skill system that softens a little thing, to cover the little DEPTH at the interface and use of weapons. Very good soundtrack for my taste and no bugs (at least for

Very good soundtrack for my taste and no bugs (at least for PC)

I hope that work well in some DLC "well done" rather quickly that the game is short. But overall it's a good game and highly recommended to buy especially for PC which is a bit cheaper.

And to put an end, the city would have to be a little more lively as always repeat the lepers and the guards (I know that history says no sickness and all that) but with a great decoration and design art environment and low points with repetition and shallow characters and some cinematics

A greeting from Spain
  89. Oct 13, 2012
    Anyone who listens to the negative reviews for this game deserves what they get.....nothing.This is by far the BEST first person,stealth and story game I have ever played....period!I am a SENIOR gamer and have seen many games since 1982.(Atari)I personally own over 400 PC games,over 200 of which are on Steam.The game mechanics,graphics,and smothness of the game are second to none.ThoseAnyone who listens to the negative reviews for this game deserves what they get.....nothing.This is by far the BEST first person,stealth and story game I have ever played....period!I am a SENIOR gamer and have seen many games since 1982.(Atari)I personally own over 400 PC games,over 200 of which are on Steam.The game mechanics,graphics,and smothness of the game are second to none.Those complaining of choppy graphics have puter problems.My Q9650 is over 4 years old and the game runs OUTSTANDING with NO slowups anywhere.If you take the time to visit everywhere and do all the side quests you will get upwards of 30-40 hours of game play.Those who breeze through it in 12 hours are missing the point.I have not done ALL the quests and I am at about 20 hours and am at the start of the last chapter.Thsi THE benchmark for FPS,Stealth games in the future in my book.Do not miss this one kiddies. Expand
  90. Nov 9, 2012
    Finished the game with some mixed feelings. A big PC gamer but this is my first stealth game so takes this review for what it is.
    The Bad: I know graphics aren't everything but immediately upon playing I thought I had gone back in time. For a 2012 game the aging graphics hit me pretty hard, true or not I blame it on the current console manufacturers for that one. Bring out a new console already so I can get better PC games. The environment was decent but the characters were rather poorly done in parts. Pendleton's repeated horrible animation for taking a hit of whisky from the flash ... errr.
    The storyline was just acceptable til about halfway through and from here there seemed to be little to no effort to produce any kind of enticing plot to grip me.
    As I played the game as stealthy as I could and hence only bought upgrades related to and found I had about 7,000 gold + to spare by the end that I didnt have anything to spend on... a better money sink would have been nice but not a big deal.
    The Good: again first time stealth game but I loved the mechanics. The powers to invest in were thrilling to engage in and defeating your enemies in whichever way you wished.
    I enjoyed that you could play the game in so many ways. In the fact that you could smash through the mission with arrows flying or complete stealth (and many variations in between). Also that you could could complete missions in a few different ways.
    I played the game on the 2nd hardest difficulty and found the direct brutal way far to easy so I'm going through again on the hardest difficulty with the aim to kill anything moving !
    Overall a good game minus the poor graphics and average plot line. Not disappointed I bought it not but impressed either
  91. Feb 13, 2013
    Dishonored is best described as a combination of Tenchu, Fallout and Splinter Cell yes, it's a technological ninja RPG. It is easily one of the best games to come out for PC this year. The graphics are not up to snuff for a PC title though. Otherwise I would have given this game a 10.
  92. Jan 9, 2013
    What can i say? It felt short and easy. AI is a bit dumb, and blink makes everything too easy. Dishonored is fun. Good level design though. But i can't say it's a game worth 60$.
    It's worth the try though, it isn't a bad game, but it's simply mediocre. Could have been more
  93. Jul 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I quite enjoyed this game with stealth movement is the favourable way to move through game.
    Pros: Numerous powers and upgrades to weapons
    - Story of loyalty, betrayal, tenacity and commitment
    - Great gameplay layout of cities
    - I would buy game although when on sale
    Cons: Linear games with many buildings out of bounds
    - Short game unless you play slowly to improve stealth

This game would be amazing with larger, open field and additional collectible items.
  94. Oct 9, 2012
    I haven't been able to box this game into a specific genre, or similar game. I really love the environment and art design. You spend half of the time looking around you, and the other half playing the game. I'm really looking forward to see where the story goes.
  95. Oct 17, 2012
    So reading some reviews while I have not finished the game yet; the intro story wise falls completely flat. Its kinda just like this is a city and if you want to care about it you have to read 30 text journals hidden everywhere. Oh and were the good guys because we said so. Anyway story failure aside, I cannot possibly justify the cost of this game. 60$ is fine for a full game single andSo reading some reviews while I have not finished the game yet; the intro story wise falls completely flat. Its kinda just like this is a city and if you want to care about it you have to read 30 text journals hidden everywhere. Oh and were the good guys because we said so. Anyway story failure aside, I cannot possibly justify the cost of this game. 60$ is fine for a full game single and multilayer with more than likely a custom game engine. This is sadly not the case when I hear people beating the single player in only 7 hours and a bad implementation of the unreal engine(by bad I mean the graphics are absolutely atrocious not to mention there aren't any settings to change anything other than bloody rat shadows I mean really you've got to be kidding me). I'l give this game a 3 and hope it improves but I can't even force myself to play through more of this without giving myself a headache from crappy visuals Expand
  96. Oct 9, 2012
    Dishonored is a truly profound title that separates itself from the market while also embracing what fans love most about the FPS-RPG genre. It has a provoking story, engaging gameplay, and not to mention it's pretty to look at. This is easily one of the best games of 2012.
  97. Oct 21, 2012
    The game is lacking, its just a scripted play-through story basically. There is no real depth, the character doesn't feel like your own, and everything you do feels scripted. I played for a few hours, but couldn't get into it, I have tried to open the game twice since and can't play for longer than 15mins. I love some of the companies other games, but this was a let down. If I had toThe game is lacking, its just a scripted play-through story basically. There is no real depth, the character doesn't feel like your own, and everything you do feels scripted. I played for a few hours, but couldn't get into it, I have tried to open the game twice since and can't play for longer than 15mins. I love some of the companies other games, but this was a let down. If I had to describe dishonored in a phrase? Sub-par! Its just not what I was expecting. The game gives you the feeling like they were trying to copy Assassins Creeds success, but they failed. The new Assassins Creed kicks dishonors butt. If you really want to get this game, and you're unsure wait until its $25 on steam for sale! I am interested strong in this title, and because of the company and the hype I fell into the trap of another mainstream sub-par video game.

Pros - A nice environment, nifty story, interesting gameplay mechanics, polished, crossbows and muskets are interesting feature.

Cons - Limited gameplay overall, no sandbox feel, no kind of character development, narrow path gameplay, way to scripted, swordplay is arcade, and just not as fun as its counterparts.
  98. Oct 14, 2012
    This game touts itself as a game that lets you play your way..... It is not..... Everything is spoon-fed to you. You cannot beat this game even on the easiest difficulty without using your crappy unbalanced magic... The mask that you wear is just that...... a mask..... Oh wait... It's got a completely worthless zoom function? That makes it all better.... The gunplay sucks, the swordplayThis game touts itself as a game that lets you play your way..... It is not..... Everything is spoon-fed to you. You cannot beat this game even on the easiest difficulty without using your crappy unbalanced magic... The mask that you wear is just that...... a mask..... Oh wait... It's got a completely worthless zoom function? That makes it all better.... The gunplay sucks, the swordplay sucks, the story is ok. The world is pretty cool...
    This game just failed to impress..... When this game hits the bargain bin, pick it up. At $60 it's not worth it...
  99. Oct 10, 2012
    Instead of writing a wall of text, explaining why this game is great, I will just name cons that i have found during my play through.
    - Story is a bit too predictable, but nevertheless, ending left me more than satisfied (wich is rare nowdays).
    - Although it is actually a great stealth game, stealth here resides around "blink", rather then the play with light and shadow. In such a dark place as Dunwall, I would make a lot of sense to make dark places actually safer. Increasing mana cost of blinking above regeneration value and making light actually matter would have done game much more challenging and thus interesting for me. - Speaking of challenging. I've completed game on "Very Hard", and i would not say it is actually that hard. Sure thing I've avoided any direct contact with enemy forces and completed all missions in ghost mode because playing otherwise would be a suicide. But overall, blink is too powerful both for eliminating enemies and vertical/horizontal movement so with a keen eye and mind you will feel kidna godlike even on highest difficulty level. - "Darksight" ability, if im not mistaken that's how it is called , is done very wrong in my opinion. It has really high usefulness factor, so it will be turned on really often. Question is why would you do it with such an annoying sound and visual effect? - Guards are acting good enough, when facing suspicious sounds/visuals, but their view distance is very limited. Horizontal angle is ok, vertical angle is ok in 90% of situations, but view distance is just laughable. That should have been like 2x or even 3x as it is right now. Still would not be much of a problem with blink, timestop and other goodies.
    - High variety of devices, although only for casual walk through. If you gonna play it on normal or easy, rushing on enemies and dealing with them in most exotic ways then you will use your arsenal to full potential. But if you are planning on going silent, or even bloodless way if you choose so, you will be forced into using same tricks all over and over again. Grenades, traps, pistols, incendiary ammo, fatalities, etc. + all sorts of upgrades to them will be useless to you, coz they will be either lethal, or just too loud to make use of. Wider variety of silent and nonlethal weaponry would make this game a lot more interesting for stealh lovers.

Summing things up, this game deserves solid 9, assuming the fact I'd never give game a 10 just because no game is perfect, but i will just to compensate for some dumbasses giving this game 3/10. Most of my complains are regarding difficulty, but that's mostly personal. Some people might find it hard enough im sure. This game could use some tuning in abilities and gear department to make things a bit more balanced to diversify gameplay, but even without it, it is just one hell of a journey. Your only excuse for missing this game is only if you cant stand sneaking up on people.
  100. Oct 9, 2012
    This is without a doubt one amazing game. It is filled with something gamers don't see these days: great game-play. The reason we play video games. On top of the endless possibilities you have to complete your assignments the world is amazing. It is filled to the brim with little details(which i will not spoil for you) that create a cohesive story without showing it down the player'sThis is without a doubt one amazing game. It is filled with something gamers don't see these days: great game-play. The reason we play video games. On top of the endless possibilities you have to complete your assignments the world is amazing. It is filled to the brim with little details(which i will not spoil for you) that create a cohesive story without showing it down the player's throat. All these elements create a deep and rewarding experience that just never stops giving. I will be playing and replaying this game for years to come. P.S. The combat is great and the minimal system requirements are total BS. I am running this game perfectly with a 5 year old Core 2 Duo(2.1 Ghz) and gtx 460, on max details at 1080p. Buy this game. It's an instant classic. Expand
  101. Jan 28, 2013
    Dishonored in a unique stealth game that has very good parts to it but I never got sucked into the game. The use of your various powers makes the game unique to each player as there are many different ways to complete a mission. I have to admit that I did not a much attention to the storyline as I wanted to get to the action as quick as possible. The graphics are great but I did have anDishonored in a unique stealth game that has very good parts to it but I never got sucked into the game. The use of your various powers makes the game unique to each player as there are many different ways to complete a mission. I have to admit that I did not a much attention to the storyline as I wanted to get to the action as quick as possible. The graphics are great but I did have an issue with some of the face designs, some of the people in the game look flat out terrible and creepy. If you were a fan of the thief games then I would give this one a shot. If you are looking for a more action based game then look elsewhere, this is a stealth based game and getting into combat is not the focus. Collapse

We can draw comparisons with other titles all day, but everything is based on something. Dishonored remains a unique gem in a beautiful, yet chaotic world, with flawless gameplay. [December 2012]
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Dishonored rarely challenges the players, but it doesn't take them for fools, either, so that's an achievement compared to other games in the genre. Just don't expect strokes of genius like the Shalebridge Cradle level from Thief: Deadly Shadows.
    Dishonored injects new life into stealth actions and their sophisticated worlds. Awesome work in every detail. [Nov 2012]