8.3

1. Apr 21, 2013
    This is a fun game where you can be sneaky and do stealth things like looking through key holes and killing white people. There is lots of replay value and you can find money to upgrade your stuff. This is a really fun game, I like it a lot.
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    I love this game, just can't not live without playing this to end. Its just best sneak game ever. I'm hoping they make dishonored 2 and more maps and bigger ones. This is what you call an awesome game,
  3. Feb 27, 2013
    This game is the perfect mix from the best games of the past years. I like the design, the action is fluid, never a dull moment, even if you choose to sneak around. I think the Outsider-part of the game should have been more detailed, but nevertheless, the main plot is enjoyable, the missions are creative. The world itself is quite a clische, some f*cked up Fable-Fallout-Batman combo. Everything is dark, and gloomy, everyone is desperate, you are a lone wolf, thirsting for revenge/justice, with only a handful of people to "watch your back" (bloody basterds). I liked the figurine of the princess... no, not in that way... perverts. She is the only thin ray of light that the player can grasp, you feel like you have to protect this girl, both physically and mentaly. The other stable character is your ferryman, I just simply liked that guy, simple and righteous.
    The powers are quite useless, the only good powers are Blink and the Dark Sight, maybe Whirlwind, but I think that just because I like to have mass destructive powers in my palm... aaaaanyway, I think this is a decent game, with many flaws, but overall enjoyable, even for 2 playthroughs.
  4. Mar 12, 2013
    A very well put together game with an amazing aesthetic and setting. Gameplay was well devised with multiple ways to approach each objective. The game world is linear and mission based but this is a good thing and whilst the plot (or more specifically the characters) could have used some more fleshing out it was suitable and compelling. The principle issues I had with the game was a somewhat arbitrary right and wrong system under the hood. The game has wonderful non lethal options which are still suitably dark and punishing (awesome) but it could have used more nuance. Other than that some AI issues and some niggling questions left unanswered at the end of the game were my only criticisms. Expand
  5. Aug 6, 2013
    Dishonored is amazing game that has amazing elements of other games that i really love super powers like bioshock stealth mechanics like thief and great combat system somehow like assassin's creed giving you the ultimate game with interesting story and great replay ability as it has multiple endings i could easily say it is one of the best games of 2012
  6. Mar 16, 2013
    Dishonored is a game not about stealth or action, but about freedom. Freedom to choose your own way to get things done, whenever it's sneaking into a building or fighting your way through. Freedom to explore the level or to run through it. Freedom to kill people or beat the game without harming anyone at all.

Dishonored was developed by a mixed team of game developers, whose previews
    works included Half-Life 2 and BioShock. From Half-Life 2 Dishonored has it's level design, there's is a HL2 equivalent to literally every location from Dishonored's city, Dunwall. BioShock gave Dishonored some of it's game mechanics, as well as the graphics design.

I'd give Dishonored 9 out of 10. It's a really really good game, but nothing historical like BioShock, Deus Ex or Half-Life. It is a combination of many great game ideas, but nothing really innovative, that's why not 10/10.
  7. Nov 29, 2013
    Although I like this game a lot. It feels very unpolished. There is a lot of screen tearing and the textures look terrible. This was made in 2012, and looked outdated even when it was released. The game is very rewarding in its stealth mechanics, yet it seems rushed. I cant explain it but everything graphically and gameplay wise seem unfinished. Even with these problems I have fun with this game and it deserves multiple playthroughs. Its absolutely worth your time, and a sequel is well deserved as fixing this games issues in another installment of the series will make it perfect. Collapse Expand
  8. Mar 22, 2013
    A great game,maybe is a successor of great series of Thief.The gameplay is awesome and action thrills you anytime.Stealth and run is a great combination.
  9. Mar 23, 2013
    Dishonored's stunning visuals immersed me into It's interesting locations, and It's great gameplay is extremely fun. For the stealth gamers out there, they'll love Dishonored. There's a lot of options how to kill an enemy stealthy, and that's why this game is amazing. Sure, playing sneaky in this game is more recommendable, but If you like to fight enemies while detected, Dishonored doesn't disappoint. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/dishonored/user-reviews/804626/platform/pc/ Expand
  10. Mar 24, 2013
    Dishonored; doesn’t really dishonor fans at all (SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?) I guess at this point, telling you it’s great is a waste of time; I’m pretty sure you bought it regardless of what people have said about it, but at least with this particular Bethesda title, the game is actually worth playing through.

I don’t care what anyone says about Fallout and Elder Scrolls, those games are
    terrible; a game can be massive and open without being poorly crafted as a whole with convoluted quests, whilst not going on for a millennium pretending there’s more to it than the intro quest. This is more down to the game being crafted by Arkane Studios though, a company that honestly cares about bringing great stories to the water cooler; rather than ones where you fell through the floor and completed the game by default.

I honestly don’t appreciate pretense in the players of common video game series, especially when they play the same series over and over and think that the same swill should be game of the year while new and innovative titles get pushed to one side. In that sense I hope Dishonored is a stepping stone back into a genre that isn’t rinsing and repeating. It’s still part of the swill, but it takes a big enough step away to be its own ‘thing’ for players.

It’s like Assassins Creed if Assassins Creed didn’t suck and drag on too long and didn’t staple stupid cameo’s and mini games in that extended play. I guess what I’m really saying (when I stop attacking over paid franchises) is that a game can be great for what it is without trying to last a long time; I honestly think if a company is trying to make the game longer than it has to be just to stop a player saying “THIS IS TOO SHORT” then they’re making the wrong choices.

I don’t like Dishonored for the multiple outcomes to events, even though it’s cool, and that’s because the endings aren’t as multiple by comparison. I like Dishonored because it does what it has to in the stealth department without being all like “GO ON A FETCH QUEST TO GATHER INFO BEFORE PLAYING THE GOOD PART” or “DEFEND THE PORT FOR A WHILE” or “HI I’M IN THE HISTORY BOOKS AND DO STUPID THINGS”; the game simply is a game with a good narrative and game play which does what I expect, and the end isn’t constantly pushed back, yet doesn’t rob from the experience when I finally make it there.

Next time you play a game, ask yourself if the experience is really dragging out to last, or whether every part of the game really feels well justified in it’s being there. A game’s length means nothing; the real deciding factor is what the entire product brings to the table, after all, you wouldn’t replay a 100 hour story of the same old stuff, but you can relive and enjoy a greatly paced game, much like how you can re-watch a great movie over and over.
  11. Dec 24, 2013
    This is one of the best games of 2012. Simple incredible, almost perfect. Plot gripped me from the very beginning. Amazing combat and especially stealth system. Try hardest difficulty with no kill anyone. Also try to gather all coins in the game it was very hard and very entertaining!
    The only thing that saddened me is the ending feel quite empty and does not explain anything. Anyways,
    the game is great, I am waiting for DH2 Expand
  12. May 16, 2013
    Great stealth and atmosphere. The best part of this game is the open-ended level design. This combined with your awesome abilities, makes it super fun to traverse the environments and figure out how to stealthily take down your targets. You don't have to be stealthy, but the draw of this game is its stealth. Sure you can go "guns" blazing, but it def wouldn't be very fun. With that said, if you don't like stealth, you wouldn't like this game because you're pretty much forced to play stealth. Otherwise, it's not as fun. Expand
  13. Mar 31, 2013
    Fun game that posed a challenge in the stealth department, sure while easier to outright kill the enemies it does change the city around you as you progress and just have to say screw them rat hoards! But great game, great mechanics and wonderful story bring out a fantastic experience playing this game.
  14. Apr 1, 2013
    this game is good, its so easy and short though, over hyped and not worth the £30 I shelled out for it when its £20 or less I do advise people to get it, I planned to replay it after completing it in less than 12 hours but so far have preferred to play games with more replay value. I want a game that's at least 30hours of entertainment... Interesting and I wasn't bored while I played it but I expected more. Expand
  15. May 21, 2013
    Overall, a good game. while the storyline was not always original, the setting and gameplay environment was unique. The game was rather short but it compensated with replayability. I liked that there were different possible gameplay styles which led to different endings. I also liked the open world. i didn't like the repetitiveness of the AI after a while their same conversations was rather annoying. Considering the game was meant to give the player freedom in determining the course of play, i was hoping for more options and felt the game fell short in meeting this objective.

It was nowhere near as good as other Bethesda releases. I was hoping it would be similar to Fallout but doesn't come close. Nevertheless, i did enjoy playing it.
  16. Apr 3, 2013
    Great game i love it well worth the money, the only problem i found with the game is the lack of weapon variety for stealth play and the fact that is your go for a stealth no-lethal playthrough the weapons thin to a total of 1 weapon only
  17. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is amazing! Those who like stealth games will sure love this game. Great Graphics, Great story, everything in this game is perfect!

Great job Arkane Studios!!! 10!
  18. Apr 10, 2013
    I never completed my first play through, because I tried to just kill everyone in my way, and it got kinda boring. However, I decided to give it a try, going stealth mode. I killed a grand total of 7 people through the game, and it was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, sneaking, knocking people out, running down unmarked side quests, and trying to find the best way to move about each level. The mechanics are great, but what really got me was the story, when the game ended, I felt like I just finished a great book, like a tiny piece of me had ended with the game. I know that sound ridiculous and exaggerated, but this really is the most captivating game I've ever played. It really isn't for everyone, but if it is your type of game, or you are just curious, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  19. Apr 10, 2013
    Jogo muito bom, me rendeu ótimas e várias horas de jogatina sempre muito intensas e em varias vezes cria aquela tensão que te prende ao jogo, te causa "raiva" e te faz querer vingança(no jogo claro)!

Recomendo jogar em consoles ou com joystick porque não achei muito legal a conversão feita pro PC, o jogo foi feito pra jogar em controle na minha opinião...
  20. Apr 13, 2013
    Great game. Somewhat original and well done compared to most games these days. Definitely one of the best games of 2012 if not the best. Graphics are okish but the game play is a lot of fun. Being able to beat the game 100% stealth mode or straight up go on and kill everyone is very nice. Story is alright, nothing special really but game play makes up for it.
  21. Apr 15, 2013
    For a game with such disappointingly mediocre voice acting, I was otherwise surprised at the depth and level of immersion this game brought to the table. The stealth is some of the most solid I have ever experienced in a game, however, the moral choice aspect can eliminate most of the challenge to the game game should one wish to overtly kill everything. This path is not without its perks though, as the combinations of powers available can produce some very interesting and "creative" ways of eliminating enemies. Having never played any of the Thief series, I cannot compare the two, yet Dishonored goes down in my books as my favorite stealth game to date. The Blink is a little overpowered, but all in all the game seems sort of balanced. Personally, I would have liked a harder difficulty setting, and some co-operative multiplayer would have been nice. But all in all, Dishonored succeeds in many fields such as AI, level & world design, and plot, and these are areas that many stealth games struggle to flesh out enough.
    Bravo, Arkane Studios.
  22. Apr 18, 2013
    Normally would give it 7, giving it 9 to balance all the stupid 0 and 1 reviews (and also to prove that user review system is terrible).

Pros:
    - Very cool setting. Elements of steampunk, modern technology and architecture, strange magic and mythos combine into something quite interesting. I wanted to learn more about that place.
    - Stylized graphics. I'm sick to death of
    "uber-realistic" games. The graphics paint the picture very well and don't distract. It was also free of any visual glitches or any visible lag in my playthough, and my PC is not really top of the line.
    - Gameplay is satisfying. I tried to complete missions with minimum bloodshed and I had fun. The levels are big, but not big enough to get lost without a map. In fact, traversing Dunwall trying to reach the target was definitely my favorite part.

Cons:
    - "Assassinations" are lackluster. I mentioned that getting to the target was a lot of fun unfortunately actually removing the target was not so much. You can't construct elaborate plots like in Hitman games to make it look like accidents. Once you reach the target, it's usually alone and can be killed quite easily with any of the tools you have no puzzles there. And if you wanted to go bloodless way, your options were even less. You would usually get one quest with specific objective that can only be accomplished one way to reach the "bloodless" solution.
    - Too short. I finished my first playthough with low chaos, while getting most of the runes in slightly less than 9 hours. I mean, 9 hours is fine for a game like Call of Duty, where it's basically 9 hours of non-stop action, but for stealth game, where most of the time is spent timing and sneaking, it's way too short.
    - Too easy. One of the first magic powers you get, Blink, is insanely powerful and makes levels trivial. Even worse that it doesn't use any mana (unless you use it in rapid succession), making normal movement pretty much pointless. Roofs, for the most part are absolutely safe, and guards rarely look up. Possession and Time Stop are fun to use, but also end up making the game even easier.

I realize that this is assassin game, but it is much more similar in gameplay to Thief rather than to Hitman/Assassin's Creed. So I'd compare it with Thief. Don't get me wrong, Dishonored is a very fun game, I enjoyed playing it a lot, but I think it would have been so much better if it borrowed a few more elements from Thief namely 1) extra objectives on higher difficulties 2) more focus on stealth and problem solving rather than fancy magic tricks.

Summon rats spell symbolizes basically what was wrong with Dishonored. It is the spell most often mentioned in the reviews and also the most useless in the entire game.
  23. Aug 4, 2013
    Dishonored is a good game... GOOD not GREAT as many point it out to be.
    Positives:
    - Great atmosphere
    - Enjoyable Combat
    - Good Graphics
    - Great Skills
    Negatives:
    - Extremely short (about 4-6 hours)
    - Short Selection of Weapons
    - Bad Story
  24. May 16, 2013
    It's a fantastic game for stealth fans, me being one of them liked this adventure very much! The artistic design is purely outstanding, nice variety of ways to reach your objective, great replay value! But the story isn't very original good old vengeance! And it gets repetitive! Overall great game!
  25. Apr 26, 2013
    I was totally hooked on this game. The world and characters are so enticing. I can't wait for the DLCs. I hope this is a birth of a franchise. Oh I finished the game with low chaos.
  26. Apr 28, 2013
    One of the best games of all time in my opinion. And the game doesn't needs "Crysis-like" graphics and level design to deliver, a brutal, merciless, engaging adventure, in a chaotic city, dying at the hands of corrupt governants, and deadly diseases. Also, this game has an amazing artwork, probably one of the best, to ever show up in a game, definitely an underrated game. 10/10 Has a Huge Replay value, and the game world will react differently to your (Corvo) actions, and play-style. Totally worth it, the ending gave me "goosebumps", Corvo, even though, he does not actually speaks in game, is a very likeable character, the same applies to all others, who you will constantly meet, throughout your adventures, and miss them a lot, when, they are gone. Expand
  27. May 1, 2013
    A truly great game (though a little shorter than I'd have liked).

As far as stealth goes I agree that blink "breaks" the stealth mechanic a bit but not to the extent that it breaks the game.

The graphics are pretty good, I never encountered any bugs, the story was pretty good (apart from the outsider... he always felt cheesy), the powers were all pretty cool/useful, and the choices
    you made in both power upgrades and the game actually affected the world around you.

I do wish there were more upgrade levels to the powers though.

I've heard people complain about the "tedious" gameplay but that is essentially what a stealth game is. Some people complain that "blink, choke/kill, hide body and repeat" is boring however that is not how you have to play the game. If you want to 100% every level in terms of collectibles and gold then yeah you will be doing a lot of that... however a big of the game for me was finding ways to interfere with the world around you as little as possible.

Overall a great game.
  28. Jul 15, 2013
    Brilliant game! But do yourself a favor and play on hard.... The game is very easy and it is too easy to just kill anyone who opposes you. The visuals may not be the best but they are very artistic and suit the game!
  29. May 9, 2013
    A good game by Bethesda. I never know it would actually be worth the money. The assassin style overall is great, but i was frustrated sometimes at how easily it can be to detect somebody and the fact that if you want the best ending, you can kill anyone with the awesome assassinating animations and weapons there are.
  30. Dec 6, 2013
    For Dishonored if you run through the area stabbing everyone you see you are playing the game entirely wrong Dishonored is a game that wants you to take your time instead of running in through the front entrance of a building you can choose to go in stealthily in some levels of the game there are almost 10 different ways of going in for example you can use possession on an animal (or human) and sneak in through an air duct or you can use teleportation to climb the building itself.

Dishonored also holds a trait on how skilful you are at holding the urge to kill someone who is really annoying your way through you can basically go through the whole game without killing a single person doing this can produce a better outcome at the end of the game.

Dishonored itself is different because instead of awarding you for killing people and completing the game it gives you consequences, its a smart system that will change how you will think the next time you will play.

Dishonored is a masterpiece and will keep you occupied for well over 50 hours.
  31. Oct 1, 2013
    Dishonored is the best stealth-game available. It also have a very cool steam-punk setting and nice rpg-elements.The story is ok, but the missions the story provide a backdrop for are excellent.
  32. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is in no way "shallow, tedious, or boring," gimmedatsammich. I dont know what Bethesda did to get you so butt hurt and upset, but dont take it out on this game. QQ elsewhere.
  33. Nov 25, 2013
    Lots of fun but doesn't quite reach its potential. Game movement and fighting are fun, but too easy. One power (the rats power) basically makes all other offensive options unnecessary. Graphics are fine for gen 3 consoles but looking very 2008 on the PC. Story is passable.
  34. Jun 21, 2013
    Despite being painfully easy even on the hardest difficulty the story is one of the greatest uses of player emotion, and really shows the modern gaming industry just how to do first person, although not necessarily stealth as it is just so easy.
  35. Jun 25, 2013
    If Dishonored was a drink it would be Arizona Sweet Tea. It has the good taste of stealth and nice level design but has the bad aftertaste of bland as cheerioes characters and an awful story. The Stealth Element Of The Game IS very innovative bringing fantasy elements to running around and stabbing people with supernatural powers and cool weapon mechanics. Sadly though it makes the game as easy as clicking a mouse. Even on the hardest difficulty it took me 12 hours. Dishonored has great level design with sprawling epic buildings and many ways to see tomato juice come out of you foes. You can jump around buildings or just run and stab them or place traps everywhere or.......there is a lot! The problem here is In a LINEAR game such as Absolution you still have endless ways to kill someone while being in the laws of physics. You would think with an open sand box you can just find awesome ways to stab things. Now with the Good Out here comes the bad aftertaste. THE NPC's are just bad............... They have no emotion like robots. I would get the same order Corvo go kill the man he is bad and we don't like him beep boop" its like if i tried to stab them there would be an electric shock. Stealth games i have seen have bad stories but come on just get some film writer and make a nice script. Absolution and Deus Ex HR had lovely stories but here its just wrong. The Ending without spoiling it is bad in both ways. Its either everything is good or everything is bad. It isnt 2000 we need to focus a lot on a game now because we progressed. Dishonored has the charm of the immersive and awesome city. Stealth= Awesome Upgrades= Sweet Everything Else= Shant. Luckily the awesome is in a lot more then the bad. So wait for a discount. Dishonored gets a 6/10 Expand
  36. Dec 7, 2013
    Dishonored is one of the most thrilling games I have ever played. There are different ways to complete the game. Stealth, assassinating, or both. Dishonored is my game of the year.
  37. Sep 27, 2013
    I don't know what to say.
    Great story, they perfected it.
    The whole stealth mode is awesome and the weapons you have are epic.
    You will need skill to pass this game on normal or hard.
  38. Oct 12, 2013
    I really enjoyed the game at all, i played it like three times in all the levels for check out what was different and of course the DLCs were so cool the whole story is just incredible...hope we'll get another DLC like the last one.
  39. Aug 13, 2013
    This is a good game with good combat that works well.The game looks nice and you can see the effort that went into designing it i would recommend this to someone to play butt the game would probably not be right for everybody.
  40. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. It has a lot of elements similar to Thief. So if you like that series you will like this. The most unique and engaging part of the game for me is the ability to take multiple paths to the same objective. It gives the feeling of freedom, which for stealth is absolutely key. The story is also a nice twist on usual boring game narratives. I enjoyed this game a lot. There were a few times where I got frustrated while trying to do some badass steath attack that turned me off for a day or two, but I always came back. A game well worth playing. Expand
  41. Jun 2, 2014
    Dishonest is one of those rare games that appears out of nowhere and does almost everything right. From the amazing characters and script, to the beautiful art style and environments. The true achievement of this game was its ability to fully immerse me into its character rich world, filled with unique game-play and ever so amazing stealth mechanics. Not many 1st person games have made think about the consequences of my actions.
    There are multiple endings to this game; depending of course, what path you choose to take.

Action, mixed with stealth and puzzles a plenty. Dishonest has achieved to find the correct balance, that so many games fail to capture, while being able to offer a great story.

If your growing ever tired of the annual onslaught of military shooters being offered; Dishonest may be just the game you have been looking for. Especially if you looking for something a little more cerebral.
  42. Jul 31, 2013
    Very good game with nearly flawless game mechanics. Dishonored is a fun stealth action game with great art design and decent storyline. The areas are rather small, the missions linear, but this is compensated by the fact that you can take varying approaches on how to fulfil the tasks ahead. Maybe a bit too short, and a bit too easy on normal difficulty. In terms of content it is okay, but could contain a few missions and gameplay hours more. The graphics unfortunately are not that great on PC, especially some of the textures are rather low quality. Still a recommendable game though. Expand
  43. Aug 6, 2013
    I well and truly loved Dishonored. Of all on the games I have played over the past few years it is one of only and handful which has managed to distance itself from the crowds and shine about them. The world of Dunwall is immerse and alive, every character from the lowliest guardsman, to the lord regent himself, appears as an individual with his or her own personality. Like a Victorian oil painting come to life, Dishonored's unique graphics blend the brackish and the bright into a chiaroscuro world that silhouettes both the best and worst in mankind. While the game's main story is very average, the choices it gives you throughout allow the player to breathe life and detail into an otherwise unimpressive narrative. Yet what really stands out in the world of Dunwall is just that, Dunwall. The city, and universe as a whole, combine a creative setting with enough information to allow the player to truly believe in the universe they are playing in. Combat feels visceral, if a bit simplistic and the gadgets and powers all have unique effects which synergize to create a strong range of options for every encounter. While stealth imposes restrictions upon these its role within the story and the satisfying feeling of completing a level both undetected and without kills more than make up for it. There are a few minor bugs which can frustrate (particularly when playing on hard/hardest) but the game runs very smoothly and is a true pleasure to immerse yourself in. Expand
  44. Aug 14, 2013
    This game is FANTASTIC! great gameplay story but the graphics are a little too outdated but you can pick this game up at gamestop for about 29.99$ which is not that bad.
  45. Aug 21, 2013
    Dishonored all in all is a well built game. At first it seems like it would be more fun to go through the game killing with all your fun little killing tools but when you try to go through the game without killing anyone or being detected it suddenly becomes more challenging and more fun. The stealth works well, so does the combat. There are plenty of side routes and options to take. The story's a bit predictable but it's not the worst I've seen.

In the end 9/10. A very good use of your money.
  46. Aug 30, 2013
    Dishonored is absolutely great piece of work and I really can't understand how it's possible that someone can give this game a mark lower than 7. The only 1 thing I don't like is game's length. It's short and took me something like 15 hours. Of course we can pass the level again and again. There are many different ways we can pass this game and that's the biggest advantage.
  47. Sep 8, 2013
    I have never heard the name of the publishers as much as the more over-rated publishers out there but this game is by far the most awesomely built game of the year and it takes less disk space compared to the over-rated useless games releases this year
  48. Sep 15, 2013
    HEY! its Dishonored you know there's a reason for that name because it dishonors the thief series with this new Thief game coming out people have been stupid enough to say its a rip off of Dishonored well the fact is that the first Thief game came out in 1998 the second one was 2000 and the third was 2004 so as you see its much older then this garbage, also lets talk about how you have to go to someone to take you to a location Thief doesn't do that you have to get there your self, the only thing i liked about this game was a bit of its story when your getting framed for the murder of the queen (but it doesn't help his case if he turns into a murderer afterwards tho) but still in this the hiding is rubbish, Thief did it right by letting you hiding in the shadows but come on Dishonored if your going to copy everything from Thief why not that!it's a really good mechanic you get in tensed because they could be standing in front of you and your just panicking that they don't see you, it just makes the game fun also people would sneak more then just run and kill everything, we need something to get us away from all the call of duty kids at the moment and this game will not do it... BUT MAYBE THIEF WILL! Expand
  49. Sep 13, 2013
    This game is knock-out, I truly enjoyed the three playthroughs; each time trying a different method to complete the game's sensational story. The latest play through I done without being seen or killing anyone, I really appreciate the depth and challenge in the game even though it has no leveling up system it feels as if you are actually Corvo the Lord Protector who has been stitched up for the murder of your protectee. I felt genuine hate from my prosecutors, I wanted to punish them. this game really makes you think about morality, do you go in and cut down the innocent plague victims and the guards 'just following orders' or do you spare them and make examples of the kingpins and dictators. the game even gives you an alternative to killing you can make them 'disappear' into the night never to be seen again. The game chaos system is a well meaning but flawed system, for example when nearing the end on my first play I had to fight my way through a map this changed the outcome of my game because i had to kill, it should have taken if you were defensive or offensive into account. The games story is well written if a tiny bit predictable at times, the major U-turn in the game made me feel a like I had been taken for a fool for the second time and made me bay for the blood of the figures behind it, this game is one of a dieing breed; it makes you think and consider your options, figure out different routes while be still thoroughly entertaining and engaging, this game is one of the few titles that will be remembered with rose tinted glasses in years.In my opinion this should be in a top for top games of the 21st century (Alongside the Mass Effect series and Elder Scrolls) Genuine must have. Expand
  50. Sep 14, 2013
    This game is pure gold. The story is amazing and the gameplay is great. The stealth is good as well. and the multiple parts and different choices give variety to the game.
  51. Sep 19, 2013
    Dishonored has a great immersive atmosphere to the player when doing anything from missions to side quests. You have a little "free time" option where you can walk around, talk to people, buy items or upgrades for Corvo. You wield two weapons at a time. A trusty blade in one hand and a weapon of your choice in the next. Summon swarms of rats upon your enemy, stealthily take them down, or sneak right past them. You have a big variety of magic uses, weapon uses, and tactics. The game features a "decide your fate" type of story so every little action you make, killing civilians, enemies, or even saving them, they may comeback later and change the story. With alternate endings anything is possible. You decide the entire game. Beware though, not everyone is a friendly as they seem. Expand
  52. Sep 23, 2013
    Although slow-going at times, Dishonored has a creative plot that keeps the player interested through pure intrigue, even in parts where the proceeding is a little ponderous. Needless to say, the graphics are beautiful (though I am a bit biased in favor of 1800s decor as it is), and the mechanics are quite fluid. As previously mentioned, the game has the potential to get boring for someone looking for a simple shoot-em-up action game, but there is a reason the game is classified as "stealth." When played with the appropriate attention span and attention to detail, this game provides a stunning positive experience. Expand
  53. Sep 24, 2013
    A very good game, with an excellent engine. The plot is interesting and convincing, the setting is unique enough to make it enjoyable and worth remembering. Gameplay is really remarkable. The only flaw is the length if the main campaign and the two DLCs were to be combine I think I'd give the whole game a strong 9, maybe 9,5.
  54. Oct 24, 2013
    Even a year on there is still a stack of replay value. Dishonored is often touted as a "spiritual successor" to Thief but in reality it's so much more. I loved the Thief games but going back to Thief after playing Dishonored is like going back to the original Wolfenstein after playing Unreal Tournament 3.

The main campaign admittedly feels short but there's so many ways you can play
    through it without feeling stale that it more than makes up for it, and both DLC packs are top notch. Expand
  55. Oct 12, 2013
    an amazing little stealth first person stab them up with a less than par story but none the less a game you can dive right into and enjoy easily a definite recommendation from me
  56. Oct 23, 2013
    Dishonored proves to be a strong stealth game: it's one of the fewest stealth games that puts creativity to the gameplay. It is a revolution, but it doesn't perform the revolution perfectly. It offers a highly intelligent gameplay, with some limitations. Story-wise and graphics-wise isn't anything special, but all what matters is the gameplay.
    It's a welcome challenge to use the unique
    powers to eliminate enemies. It provides an unique experience, and makes you think for a creative way to kill enemies. It will also follow your taste of gameplay: either you kill hiding on the shadows, or you just go kill everyone while being detected. Combine that, with the sweet looting and with the linear, but interesting exploration, you've got a great game. And, thankfully, the game has replay value.
    But the experience isn't that special, having a slightly short campaign (it took me about 10-12 hours), and the sometimes claustrophobic nature seeming a steal from Bioshock. It's just nothing new with the imerssivness of the game.
    Dishonored is a great game. It may not realize all your wishes, but it does satisfy. (Final Score: 8.46)
  57. Oct 24, 2013
    This is a fun game. Great story line and great graphics. the DL content was even fun. there's so many ways to play this game that you'll make repeat runs thru it. I got the game and the dl content on steam for a great price. If you have a mid level gaming pc with a decent card. Go get the GOTY edition of this. you won't be disappointed..
  58. Nov 2, 2013
    Sadly, I can only join the detractors and critics of this game, and maybe also go further... I have rarely seen such a wasted opportunity, a great setting, many charming ideas, all finished in such disappointing performance, so poor and fragile. The game is flat, boring, loses in almost every point of view with the best of the actual adventure/stealth market. Playing it after finishing "Bioshock Infinite" is a sort of pain, and quite a shock...

And this is not the worst part!

I give 0, because in one of the first missions, a serious bug (found and reported by the community several months ago) has still not been resolved!
    I've lost 5 hours of play on it!

I will try to get a refund, because have been years, since something of this has happen to me, and frankly I feel cheated.

There are not other words...
  59. Feb 14, 2014
    The "chaos" system makes this game feel quite unique. I really liked to see that killing or not really affects the world, not just the ending. Also, the game has a true meele combat system, that makes swordsplaying really fun.
  60. Nov 8, 2013
    The story was boring but the gameplay was fantastic, this game forced me to give the upcoming Thief game a second thought. Also can we stop the sexist sacrifice of women for male retribution.
  61. Dec 21, 2013
    After finishing the game, I was not that much impressed with the storyline. The gameplay however, was totally different story. I love freedom in games. If you are looking for game like Hitman: Blood Money combined with Deus Ex, then this is the game for you. Everything is permitted. You have to ability to chose the location, the weapon, the person, the powers, the amount of guards and even the route towards your destination. The game watches how you play, if you play stealthily (kill little to no guards, don't blow stuff up etc.) or gun's blazing (blow everything, nothing survives etc.) the game adapts itself. If you play stealthily, the missions further on will contain less security, if you gun's blazing on the other hand, you will have to fight an entire army.

All and all, It was a satisfying game and very recommendable.
  62. May 6, 2014
    hugely impressed by this game, tons of fun and has so much replay-ability that you can have fun with it for 20+ hours. The chaos system is also a cool addition even though its nothing new, the whole good/bad has been seen before but with separate endings for each level of chaos (good and bad that is) it means you can play the game a second time to find out how it ends for the other type of play-through, but instead of playing the exact same game and only having a different ending, the game itself changes as you play in either good or bad, it doesn't change drastically but enough that you notice it and even small things like dialogue or ennemy position change. They have also gone for the scavenger mechanic, where there is loot scaterred across the levels for you to find, and these levels, finding all of it can be a real challenge because the levels are HUGE and have many paths for you to discover to complete the level (you can literally finish the entire game without having to kill anyone, at all). The gameplay is slightly different but not super different, some have found it boring but i believe its still pretty good. This being a stealth(ish) game, it doesnt do that well in the actual stealth, it's to basic, hiding behind walls and peeking out to see your ennemis is about as far as it goes. However the devs decided to put in a series of spells which can be used to do some pretty crazy stuff, blink is the main spell that is a short teleport of a sort and you can do some pretty cool stuff with it, but what really caries this game for me is the crazy combinations of spells you can do in combat or to setup to best ambush ever. so in summary, cool choices to make story wise, fun and inventive combat, nice art style and levels ,plenty of replay-ability, believable storyline, not many interesting characters, boring stealth mechanics. Expand
  63. Nov 17, 2013
    Awesome game, probably the best stealth game ever.
    Really hope they make Dishonored 2.
    The only thing I didn't like was how short it was, I finished the game in like 3 days, non-detection and non-lethal.
  64. Jan 6, 2014
    People will most likely to hate me for giving it a score of a simple 7, seeing how many rated the game from 9 to 10, but Dishonored did not meet my expectations.
    The gameplay is fun, and the story is full of potential that in my opinion is not used.
    Cut-scenes are mostly boring and the plot is only seen at the start of the game and through the rest of it, it's implied.
    I love the
    super-natural touch in the game and the optional objectives, but I just keep feeling like something big is missing.
    As a stealth action game it's working and not missing much.
    However after getting used to the game and playing it for about 3 hours I enjoyed it quite more.
    Also I love the graphics style, it's like a 3D oil painting.
    There's too little about the main protagonist all the information you get is his job and how he got, wait for it.... ~DISHONORED~. And usually it's no problem. but only when throughout playing the story you discover more and more, and here it feels like I'm a puppet in every mission.
    And being the puppet that you are, you can't do much else so you keep doing the same thing over and over again It's quite boring.

The game is fun, but it's missing a thrill.
  65. Dec 3, 2013
    This is just one of the best single player games i have ever played its still a port for the pc but its really well done and it doesnt feel like it the story is really good and i like the fact that some characters reaction and the ending change depending on how you play the game, (i must say all endings are great) and the game play its really good cause you can go on a killing rampage or play like a ghost and they both feel really natural, playing this game i felt 10x more like an assassin than in any of the assassins creed games. 10/10 really recommended. Expand
  66. Dec 13, 2013
    This is the best game I have played to date. This is the best stealth-action game available today and I would recommend it to everyone! You can play however you want, if you want to run through the level and kill every single person you see, you can do it. If you want to sneak around and not let a single person know you were ever there, you can do it. And if you want to take your time to walk around, look at the beautiful detail in the game, you can do that too. This is a must play game for all gamers. Expand
  67. Mar 2, 2014
    I love this game.

I've played through it 3 times in full, and plan to play all the DLC as well. The world it's in, the experience of choosing revenge or rising above, the variety of fun "toys" with which to take down foes...it all adds up to a great game.

I own both the pc and the ps3 version (well I gave the ps3 to a friend, but wanted to play it again and got the pc version) and
    I'd say the pc is slightly (but only slightly) inferior to to ps3. I almost always prefer games on pc, but in this case, I've noticed the gameplay is ever so slightly less smooth.

Rare for me, if you have both a pc and a ps3, buy the ps3 version...but if no ps3, don't hesitate for a second to buy it on pc. It's a wonderful game.
  68. Feb 21, 2014
    Great game. Super fun and challenging to play if you choose the complete stealth route. Not a whole lot of story but I mainly gravitated toward the game play. Lots of fun!
  69. Dec 26, 2013
    Dishonored is a fantastic stealth action game that can best be called a delicious fusion of Thief, Deus Ex, and BioShock. The stealth, movement, and combat mechanics are all satisfying enough to keep any gamer's attention, and the choice to kill or not kill any given foe makes for a surprising degree of replayability your choices have real effects on the world, in ways that would probably never occur to you.

I have at the present moment spent 67 hours on the game and its two story DLC (The Knife of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches). I've even gone to the trouble of playing through all of them twice to collect all the achievements. The main story campaign took me less than 15 hours my first playthrough and it's more than possible to complete the game in 10 hours or less if you really rush. However, the game has a deep world and backstory and is not meant for speedruns if take your time, search out the secrets, read the books scattered about, and listen to the goons you stalk before filling their headholes with steel, you'll discover a deep, rich, and unique world unlike anything in games today.

Gameplay is what a game lives or dies on, and Dishonored's is rock solid. Whether you want to sneak around unseen and undetected or charge in guns blazing and kill everyone in your path, Dishonored lets you carry out your assigned missions your way, without glitches, crashes, or bugs.

In addition to the excellent mechanics (on which all games live or die), Dishonored offers luxurious art (though tbqh, I feel the City 17 parallels are a little too striking), a satisfying storyline, widely varied missions, and top-flight voice acting. The music is mostly unremarkable, but since the game (quite reasonably) forces it to take a backseat to environmental and other sound effects, it's to be expected.
  70. Dec 29, 2013
    Always low on ammo so frustrating! Environments and surroundings seems a bit dull and boring, but apart from that, great storyline! smooth controls, interesting skills, definitely worth a try.
  71. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is amazing, the 20 hours I spent on this game were the best 20 hours of my life. The stealth mechanics are so deep and the story line is so intriguing. Two words: get. it.
  72. Jan 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Dishonored: Amazing and beautiful, the world created by Arkam are one of the most cool steam punk's i ever seen, the design of the game are truly gorgeous.
    *Gameplay: The gameplay is very fun and challenger, you can create your way using sewers, streets, roofs or you can fight using all of your weapons and powers, and killing people you will maximize the chaos and the game changes with your actions. I also finished all the DLC's of Dishonored and totally worth!

Bethesda is becoming the most interesting game developer.. A 10 to it
  73. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is absolute art. Every model in it seems to have the appropriate location, and really fits in the Victorian style that the game posses. The gameplay is exquisite and it's great the different approachs you can make to win the game. Stealth or a cold-hearted assasin? You decide. I personally won the game first in the normal mode, started killing everything the first 2 missions, and after that i never got detected. I loved the stealthy way to play it. After that i replayed it on the hardcore version and i loved it more!

Thank you arcane studios for this game, I've been a real fan of you, my favorite game before this one was Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, but this one, totally beated it.

10/10.
  74. Jan 17, 2014
    Bethesda did their job, and they did it extremely well. The ability of the player to change their story in Dishonored by playing the game multiple ways is an aspect which makes the game what it is...a nearly perfect experience. As strange as it is that Corvo (the main character) does not say a word throughout the game, it does not detract from the experience one bit. Be stealthy, be murderous, be what you want to be. Expand
  75. Jan 20, 2014
    A beautifully crafted stealth game from Bethesda. The atmosphere, setting, music, and gadgets all work to further immerse you in the world of Dunwall and in the role of Corvo Attano, previous Lord Protector to the Empress, trying to regain his/your honor. What Bethesda has done right is give its characters, from Admiral Havelock to lowly City Watch a good amount of depth, though the AI for enemies can be underwhelming at times. The stealth mechanics and art style are well done and keep the gameplay interesting. The story is thought out, if a bit too direct; I personally would have loved to see more of Dunwall than the fleeting glances afforded through the nine missions in the core game, though I enjoyed having varying endings whether you did the game as it was intended, in the shadows, or all out blasting through guards. Overall, if you are a fan or stealth games, beautiful level design, RPG games, moderately open world games, or something in between, Bethesda has crafted a masterpiece that in some way will impress and stick with you. Expand
  76. Feb 6, 2014
    Wonderful! Mesmerizing! Smashing! I haven't played a better game than this. Can stop myself from play it over and over again. If you are looking for a game with inspiring story, neat graphics and addictive gameplay, this is it!!!
  77. Feb 16, 2014
    I just finished " Dishonored " and I have to say the game is a masterpiece , memorable characters and dark atmosphere exactly how I like it . Artwork looks decent , the music in the game despite the gloomy climate is pleasant to the ear . The only reason could find fault with this linearity, we are led by the hand from point A to point B, but the authors tried to cover it up and gave us some alternative routes . From turn off the gates of light , transform into a rat and use of drains, by climbing the roof to the elimination the enemies in the "classic" way . When it comes to the arsenal we have available: Crossbow ( incendiary bolts , hypnotic ) , guns ( bullets exploding) any of our weapons , we can improve (range, reload speed , number of rounds) . In the game we collect Runes and Bone Charms , which significantly facilitate our game-play . Absolutely excellent game , in terms of history narrated in it . With a pure heart, I can recommend the game to anyone. Expand
  78. Apr 16, 2014
    O Dishonored é algo de especial, é o primeiro titulo do que muito provavelmente se vai tornar num novo franchise de videojogos. É um jogo na primeira pessoa, numa era victoriana com um visual estilizado de pintura a óleo onde somos um assassino com uma mascara bonita onde podemos jogar entre dois oposto, podemos ser um assassino invisível e passar todo o jogo sem matar uma única alma, ou podemos jogar como um shooter onde temos poderes mágicos e matamos todos os inimigos que aparecem entre nos e o nosso objectivo, e tudo o que se possa imaginar pelo meio.

Lê o resto da review em:
  79. Feb 22, 2014
    Love this game. I love all the choices you can make. I particularly love that not only can you always use stealth but the rooftops and gangways are well developed and fun--not just a toss in. Also, you can sneak as a human or as a rat or other animal or person. I also love that you can play through the entire game only having to kill 2 or 3 NPCs. The world is cohesive, the art is great, the NPCs are engaging. All around best FPS game I've ever played. I wish there were more games like this! Expand
  80. Jun 6, 2014
    Excellent game, i enjoyed a lot this game, very good looking graphics, good ambientation, very comfortable controls, hope this game is the first of a succesfull franchise. The storyline is very complete, with pros and contras, but looking at the details you can see how well designed this game is. The only problem i have was with some executions, too quick executions, not too creative. The enemy IA is okay, and you can go around being stealth or fighting like a man, i love the realistic effects in the combat system. The game is linear but at the same time it give you the oportunity to explore and search for runes and stuff, rescue people or just enjoy the beautiful landscapes. Overall is a great game, but it is not perfect. I totally recommend this game, it's a very decent release. Expand
  81. Mar 2, 2014
    It's a perfectly executed stealth system, at least, perfect in a gameplay sense. It may not have the intricate realism of Hitman, but it's so fun; its a game I can keep coming back to. (I've done about 11 playthroughs of the main campaign and about 4 on each DLC.) Combat is fun, stealth is fun, the story is original and nice, the level design is brilliant, and the mechanics are fresh. What else can you ask for? Well worth it.
    And it has maybe the best achievement list of any game ever.
  82. Apr 15, 2014
    Perfect. Chapters are sewn together seamlessly. The stealth was enough to take you biting your nails. The nonlinear ending was also good, making it a replayable game. Simply perfect.
  83. Mar 27, 2014
    Dishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixing powers together to create devastating results. For example, you can windblast someone off a bridge, freeze time, warp to the ground and drop a spring trap, and watch the falling carcass get ripped apart. It's hysterical how fun the powers are to use. While some levels are more tedious than others, the exceptional levels are the ones I've remembered to this day. The game is memorable, fun, fast paced for a stealth game, and tells its story with efficiency. The only thing it's missing is an end-game where you could run around areas you've gone in using those powers of yours to find creative ways to down your foes. That would've made this the best game I've ever played. It still scores a 10/10 with me because of its gameplay. Despite the lack of any replay value if you play stealth, it's a great creativity device, and it is actually still worth replaying if you enjoy murdering guards with combinations of powers and a well-placed bullet.
    This game is a lot like Bioshock Infinite, if you think of it. The stories are both dystopias, both involve rescuing a damsel in distress, both are around the 10-12 hour mark with no end-game or save files, both take place before 2000 (It's hard to tell with Dishonored. It seems to take place in a steampunk society, to a degree.), and both involve extraterrestrial powers (Except that Bioshock explains them as Vigors, while Dishonored states that they originate from the Mark of the Outsider.)
    The DLC for Dishonored adds a whole new world, and does DLC right for an accurate price.
    This game was worth every penny, and I don't think I'll ever play a better stealth game.
    The game plays a silent protagonist extremely well. It's more fitting than a protagonist like, say, Garret from Thief. Corvo fits better as a silent protagonist, except, that you feel for him and his story, which motivates you to play to the end. This game tells its story flawlessly, its protagonist is silent yet memorable, and it is FUN AS HELL.
  84. Mar 31, 2014
    As far as the gameplay goes, it's excellent.
    Stealth mechanics are superb. interesting level design with multiple ways to complete each mission.
    The story decent, but my main gripe is the characters themselves: voice acting is meh, dialogues are boring and and overall pretty dull.
    plus the protagonist is silent so you don't really gets attacked to him. (although he is not customized)

Overall had a lot of fun, but could have been much better.
  85. Apr 27, 2014
    High replay-ability. Awesome story, graphics, environment, everything!
    Bethesda always seems to make great games, the DLCs are well worth it and add to the main story in a way not many can accomplish
  86. May 10, 2014
    Best game I ever played and I've played a lot. Beautiful dark and gritty steampunk setting and nice graphics. Even after two years it still works. But, don't be a fool and run around killing everyone. You'll finish the game in a few hours you're in for a bland and shallow experience like some critics here state. Try to play the game unnoticed by your enemies or at least try killing nobody and you're in for hours of good, sometimes frustrating game play. Expand
  87. May 16, 2014
    Dishonored is a game that just feels right.
    It gets the game play perfect and cunningly inserts the use of steampunk weaponry and magic into a plot.
    I have never played a game quite like this one.
  88. May 18, 2014
    Great game, I couldn't stop playing it until I finished, went to sleep at midnight, woke up at 7 and continued.
    The game is a stealth/action game, with sooooo many choices. Can't wait to play all the DLCs and to replay the game a few times.
  89. Jun 2, 2014
    I found this game incredibly engaging, the first time I played it I hacked, slashed, gunned, and killed everything that I could and quickly discovered that my actions were affecting the entire game in a way I didn't like. I finished the game and went back to play it with stealth and loved the experience. I am not really an achievement chaser (in fact I usually just try to finish the game and put it aside), yet I have replayed levels and the game a number of times attempting to best my last performance. I would put this game and Deus Ex: Human Revolution as two of my favorite games that I recently played, yet this one still comes out far ahead of Deus Ex. I found it far less linear and more enjoyable on replays. Overall, I would say this is one of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  90. Jun 9, 2014
    Dishonored is a great stealth-action game, with some enjoyable RPG elements. It's good, most of the time, despite poor AI and the unsatisfying ending.
  91. Jul 18, 2014
    What a great game. I love it that I was given the choice to avoid killing, and I made it all the way through my first run without killing a single person. I sat down for my next run, intending to try the game with a different tack... and still didn't kill anyone. It just didn't make sense that a man who was trying to prove his innocence of one murder would kill other people in that process, and the game's ability to answer that throws a harsh light on so many other redemption stories in which more killing is mandatory.

The AI is not the best, to say the least, which is problematic for a stealth game. In some ways, their predictable natures and poor decision-making skills makes the NPCs into useful opponents; you can watch their patterns and wait for your moment. However, this does knock you out of the game a little bit and makes the clockwork of the game too apparent when it should be invisible, and it also diminishes your own feelings of smartness when you outwit these stupid guards.

Another downside is that in order to connect with the story, you have to scour every area and find some essential messages that are hidden behind secret walls. It would be very easy not to see some vital story notes even if you were being pretty careful about hunting around, and that's a problem. We're looking at a game which, although environments have many branches, are mostly quite tight pathways within themselves. I guess that these little gems were hidden away with the expectation that almost all players would be motivated to hunt them all, but my conversations with many Dishonored players proves otherwise - I knew many things that they did not.

Overall though, this is a great game with a new movement mechanic, and the DLC is for once not only good but essential - some of the best moments of the game are inside that extra content.
  92. Jun 23, 2014
    Excellent stealth dystopia. SCORE 95/100. Steampunk dystopian Hitman Absolution. That, by the way, makes for an awesome game. Superb controls, good RPG upgrade system, extremely cool story, and graphics that still look great almost 2 years later. If you like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Hitman, Thief, Bioshock, Deus Ex, or Tomb Raider - then you will think this game is simply a masterpiece. You will not soon forget it. Expand
  93. Dec 3, 2012
    Definitely not what I expected. I'm not quite sure what, exactly, I was expecting... Certainly more of an open-world approach, coming from Bethesda. Maybe something more like Fallout 3 or Skyrim, but in a whalepunk setting.

That's not what I got. But the game is still fun.

The game is very strongly mission-based and very linear. No roaming the countryside, taking up random
    quests, discovering interesting new locations. This game is focused on a single storyline, a single goal.

You may have different paths through any given mission... Able to choose between slaughtering everyone or stealthily sneaking through an area... But you can't complete the missions out of order. And after you've finished with a mission area, you're done with it. Even if a later mission sends you to the same area - it's actually a new location that just looks the same.

It also feels like stealth isn't given nearly as much focus as the gameplay trailers led me to believe. None of the magical abilities you can earn do anything to improve your stealthiness. No invisibility or cloud of shadows or anything like that. Lots of fast-travel stuff... Lots of combat-oriented stuff... But stealth is limited to simply hiding behind boxes and remaining out of sight.

The whalepunk setting, for lack of a better term, is absolutely terrific. The architecture, characters, costuming, ambient sounds... All mesh to create a downright haunting experience. I found myself, on a number of occasions, just hanging out on a rooftop and listening to civilians complain about the plague... Or listening to a guard whistle as he went about his patrol.

The controls were solid, responsive, behaved basically as I expected they should.

The graphics were decent. Looked nice. No obvious issues or corners-cut.

I find myself wishing there was more to the game... A more expansive storyline, a more open world. It's fun, but it just isn't as epic in scale as most of Bethesda's games. And I wish it was. I want to see more of the world.

Hopefully there'll be a sequel, or some DLC, or something like that.
  94. Dec 23, 2012
    I know that this game has been acclaimed by reviewers ... I see many reviewers giving good ratings for this game while being quite negative in their review. I guess it's because this game has some really nice features but at the same time, a lot of improvements could be done. My opinion : it's not a bad game but it's not really worth playing. My advice to players : play with the supernatural powers and check videos on youtube, it might help you to enjoy the game Here are the things I would change to make it better : 0- Improve stealth killing mechanism How many times, I was behind an opponent, but because I was not perfectly aligned or at perfect distance, I could not "stealth kill" and got detected instead. By stealth kill, I mean non-lethal : choke-out holds 1- Improve "see through walls" It's working fine BUT what's the point of making a good looking game, if players use X-RAY vision (aka Dark Vision) which makes everything looks yellow ... 2- Improve graphics Yeah sometimes it looked great, but for example, faces/visages were not that great 3- Make it easier to have the "good ending" At least, make it more obvious, at the start of the game, that it's important to kill as less opponents as possible. Let the player knows how many kills (or some kind of indication) he needs to move to the dark side or to get back to the bright side 4- Make a less dark atmosphere Is it life not enough dark already ? Personal preference. 5- Improve load/save time 6- Make it easier to fight with opponents standing near 7- More original Yeah, I felt like playing a mix of Bioshock, Batman and AC. 8- Put less items to "loot" As much as I liked to find where were the Runes, I disliked to spend so much time taking money/items everywhere. Well, I could have just let the money there, which I did often but when you start a game, you never know if you gonna need all that money, etc. 9- Improve "lifetime" I know many will disagree but multiplayer gives you one reason to not rent or resell the game 10- Let us see/hear the hero !!! Maybe the biggest flaw 11- Improve translation (french) Ok I should have played it in English. But for people who can't, the voice of Horatio Caine from CSI Miami for all the guards, seriously ? 12- Let us kill instead of playing stealth and still have the good end By playing stealth all the time (or almost), you're missing out on interesting techniques/abilities/strategy. 13- Improve the Blink power Too hard to tell if the distance is too far to be reached via Blink 14- Give the powers earlier in the game Expand
  95. Mar 10, 2013
    The story is thin, short. The skills are good, but the game is boring after a time. The combat is so buggy, often you get hit by a swordsman from 1 kilometre. The graphics are not the best, and the sounds should be better. Gameplay 2/3; Warranty 2/3; Graphics 1/2; Sounds 1/2; Bugs -1; Overall 5/10
  96. Oct 18, 2012
    This game is not anything special but in comparison to other games released this year this is a masterpiece. It reminds me on oldschool games and i enjoyed playing it. I hope they will make more games like that in the future.
  97. Jan 1, 2014
    Boring and tedious. Picked it up on a Steam Sale for $7.50 and I can't keep playing it. Switching powers is a pain, the auto-save checkpoint system is kind of a mess (expect to go back and get runes again and reassign them to powers when you die before the next checkpoint), and the game is just not that interesting. It's a burden to pick up and play, I didn't find it engaging at all. The game looks and sounds good, but that's all. The only game on the market today with rogue-like elements that nails it from alpha to omega is Assassin's Creed 4. Expand
  98. Jan 1, 2013
    Is a good game and I true what it states, you can play it like you want either as an accion game killing everyone or using stealth aproach, the problem in this game is the stealth is Ok but It could be much better Corvo only has one non leathal take down and it only can be used when you are facing a enemy in the back in frontal assault your only option are sleep darts but you can only carry 10 and you cant increase the sleep dart capacity so if you run out the only alternative is escaping asuming you don´t want to kill anybody in the game. Don´t take me wrong is a good accion game an a decent stealth game that could be better in the sneaking aspect Expand
  99. Jul 2, 2014
    Not sure why this game got 91 on metacritic, does not deserve it sorry. Its average at best and trying so hard to be Thief, Deus Ex and Bioshock it hurts to look at....whoever the writers are need to look up the word pseudo, because that's what you are and that's what this game is, a pseudo game written by pseudo writers.....Don't believe the hype kids. Bioshock Infinite is a fresh crisp raspberry, Dishonoured is one made by a 3d printer. Expand
  100. Jan 2, 2013
    It's not a bad game, it certainly shows a lot of potential, but falls short in some aspects. The story is a little cliche' and a little short, I finished it in 17 hours on hard without killing anyone or being spotted, getting the low chaos ending, I couldn't pull myself trough another gameplay to see the high chaos ending, maybe someday. Usually you get multiple ways of infiltrating and disposing of your target, but when you aim for perfection the game becomes quite linear, especially in the non lethal part, but there is still some fair choice involved, especially in the infiltration, with you being able to blink almost where you want, possess an animal, a person, stop time, etc. The powers are nice and original, as I said the possess ability can open new paths, you can pass check points as guards or get inside some small holes as a rat. I like the setting, which is trying to give you the steam punk vibe but not always succeeds, and sometimes it's more post apocalyptic, yes the general "lore" is definitely nice and interesting, like the weepers. I say this is a nice game, but nowhere near the best of the year or the best assassination one. In short, good fun for the first playthrough, but definitely overrated. Expand

We can draw comparisons with other titles all day, but everything is based on something. Dishonored remains a unique gem in a beautiful, yet chaotic world, with flawless gameplay. [December 2012]
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Dishonored rarely challenges the players, but it doesn't take them for fools, either, so that's an achievement compared to other games in the genre. Just don't expect strokes of genius like the Shalebridge Cradle level from Thief: Deadly Shadows.
    Dishonored injects new life into stealth actions and their sophisticated worlds. Awesome work in every detail. [Nov 2012]