8.3

1. Jan 21, 2013
    I bought this game in a sale, and I'm glad... Full price is too much for this very linear restricted game. It's well build, music is great but it lacks. It's sometimes a bit boring, story is shallow. So only buy at a sale, it's overpriced.
  2. Jan 26, 2013
    I like this game a lot because of his setting and his particular gameplay, but I can't say it is flawless. First of all, the plot isn't so deep and some stages seem to be quite forced. Secondly, I found that the game seldom give the player a way to pull him out of a dangerous situation, even though he played safe and stealthy.
    Aside from all the criticisms, I can't but promote this game
    Aside from all the criticisms, I can't but promote this game because of the hope he gave to the next generetion of videogames: you needn't be part of a big saga in order to be good, you only have to be original and well-made.
  3. Mar 4, 2013
    Dishonored is a great game. While not perfect (I don't think there ever is a perfect game) it comes close. It clearly draws its inspiration from Thief. It also has a little of Deus Ex, System Shock and Bioshock in it. If you like any of these games, especially Thief...Buy this game!!!
    You play as Corvo, Protector of the Empress of Dunwall. You are framed for murder and are out to set things right. There is more to the plot but I do not want to spoil it for you.
    The game is broken down into a series of missions aka Thief style. At the end of each mission you will see a detailed score of your actions. Once you start a mission, there are many ways you can go about it. Even though the mission area is not really open world, it feels like it. You can be stealthy or go in Rambo style. It is up to you. The combat is fun and I really enjoyed experimenting with the powers. There are many ways to kill or incapacitate a person. The only downside for me are the ending cutscenes. After such a great ride with all the wonderful missions, I felt that the ending is bit rushed. It is a very short ending cutscene and I wished it were more fleshed out. Overall I love this game and I really am looking forward to a sequel!!!
  4. Feb 12, 2013
    A flawed masterpiece. There are many engaging elements to this game, I'm not going to list them all because it is well worth you finding out for yourself. The stealth mechanic works well, enabling the player to assume the persona of Dishonored with ease. Characters are well presented, well written, the only flaw here is that some of the more important ones could have done with a bit moreA flawed masterpiece. There are many engaging elements to this game, I'm not going to list them all because it is well worth you finding out for yourself. The stealth mechanic works well, enabling the player to assume the persona of Dishonored with ease. Characters are well presented, well written, the only flaw here is that some of the more important ones could have done with a bit more back story before being dissolved into the plot. Completionists will find there is plenty to do with collecting coins and treasure, but therein lies another flaw. The game drives you forward, often leaving you uncertain as to whether you can or will return to an area where side quests and goodies lie in wait. There is an emphasis on being merciful rather than lethal but this is contradicted by the plethora of deadly weapons and gadgets available to you, if you favour not killing everything then you will only have two weapons (well one of them is a 'move') at your disposal during the entire game. The spell powers you get are again well designed and implemented however, again, most are geared towards killing, not subduing. Overall the desire to push on is strong, and all flaws aside Dishonored creates a thoroughly absorbing and memorable new universe in which to lose yourself. I highly recommend adding this game to your library! Expand
  5. Feb 16, 2013
    Dishonored was a game that I had high hopes for, but like many other titles of the last twelve months, it let me down. The game has a heavy focus on stealth which just didn't quite play out as the developers said it would. There is very little stealth elements that actually work. The AI become too aware too easily both in daylight and night.

The 'skills' felts too much borrowed from

The 'skills' felts too much borrowed from that of Bioshock, as is many other gameplay mechanics, including picking items up, health, weapon use etc. I did however like the art style. It feels fresh and exciting while the story is not what I expected, yet it was entertaining enough to play the game through. However there are many flaws in Dishonored for me to recommend it. The missions are repetitive and the game just feels like I am playing Bioshock other than something new and original.
  6. May 4, 2013
    one of the best games ever!!!!!! this is just a perfect game. everything in this game is done great. the story is great. you really care for the characters and you do want to get your revenge. the gameplay is amazing. its hard to describe the greatness of the gameplay. the gameplay is really unique. the good thing about the gameplay is that you can play how you want. you can be sneaky, butone of the best games ever!!!!!! this is just a perfect game. everything in this game is done great. the story is great. you really care for the characters and you do want to get your revenge. the gameplay is amazing. its hard to describe the greatness of the gameplay. the gameplay is really unique. the good thing about the gameplay is that you can play how you want. you can be sneaky, but if you want you can also kill everyone face to face. there are also multiple ways to do everything. there are a lot of paths to get to your objective. there also a lot of ways to do your objectives. the powers in the game are really fun and useful. the sidequests in the game are really fun and cool and its a blast to do them.
    the game looks amazing. from a technical perspective it isnt impresive but the art style is so good that it makes up for it. the city where the game happens is called dunwall, and its amazing. there wasnt a game location as good as this since bioshock. dunwall is amazing and beatiful, and it has a lot of detail put into it.
    this is maybe the best game ever!!!!!!! if you cal yourself a gamer you should definetly try it!!!!!!!
  7. Aug 7, 2013
    Let me start off by saying that Dishonored is a masterpiece among all the lame & bore 12 hour RPG first person games in 2012.

The graphics in this game is 'OK'. If you have played BioShock Infinite, it is definitely noticeable that there is a small graphical boost with the UE3 that Dishonored also uses. But not much. People who are too obsessed with in-game graphics, this might not be a game for you.

The plot of the entire story is well landed out. But what I didn't liked about it is during the cut scenes, the protagonist is muted during the entire story. Whereas in Infinite, Booker talks almost all the time in the game.

The stealth mechanics of Dishonored is somewhat bland and definitely needs more variety of skills powers. The game also does reward the player for completing different puzzles in order to obtain the hidden runes bone charms. Aside from these two relatively negative points of the game, the game is perfect.

Lastly, for the price, this game definitely worth 10 bucks during its peak sale discount of 66% on Steam, big steal. Even for 30 bucks, it is still worth getting. Knife of Dunwall is superb, and is kind of the only DLC that is worth. Runes, money can be obtained through using a Cheat Engine. So the extra coins from the Void Walker's arsenal is useless. Dunwall City Trials isn't fun either.

One of the best RPG I've ever played. Hope Arkane and Bethesda keeps up the good work and land in a Dishonored 2 asap!

(Seriously, if you have high hopes for EVERY SINGLE video game, you shouldn't be playing them at all. That being said, I never trust any critics but myself, by trying out the game)
  8. Apr 21, 2013
    This is a fun game where you can be sneaky and do stealth things like looking through key holes and killing white people. There is lots of replay value and you can find money to upgrade your stuff. This is a really fun game, I like it a lot.
  9. Apr 20, 2013
    I love this game, just can't not live without playing this to end. Its just best sneak game ever. I'm hoping they make dishonored 2 and more maps and bigger ones. This is what you call an awesome game,
  10. Feb 27, 2013
    This game is the perfect mix from the best games of the past years. I like the design, the action is fluid, never a dull moment, even if you choose to sneak around. I think the Outsider-part of the game should have been more detailed, but nevertheless, the main plot is enjoyable, the missions are creative. The world itself is quite a clische, some f*cked up Fable-Fallout-Batman combo.This game is the perfect mix from the best games of the past years. I like the design, the action is fluid, never a dull moment, even if you choose to sneak around. I think the Outsider-part of the game should have been more detailed, but nevertheless, the main plot is enjoyable, the missions are creative. The world itself is quite a clische, some f*cked up Fable-Fallout-Batman combo. Everything is dark, and gloomy, everyone is desperate, you are a lone wolf, thirsting for revenge/justice, with only a handful of people to "watch your back" (bloody basterds). I liked the figurine of the princess... no, not in that way... perverts. She is the only thin ray of light that the player can grasp, you feel like you have to protect this girl, both physically and mentaly. The other stable character is your ferryman, I just simply liked that guy, simple and righteous.
    The powers are quite useless, the only good powers are Blink and the Dark Sight, maybe Whirlwind, but I think that just because I like to have mass destructive powers in my palm... aaaaanyway, I think this is a decent game, with many flaws, but overall enjoyable, even for 2 playthroughs.
  11. Mar 12, 2013
    A very well put together game with an amazing aesthetic and setting. Gameplay was well devised with multiple ways to approach each objective. The game world is linear and mission based but this is a good thing and whilst the plot (or more specifically the characters) could have used some more fleshing out it was suitable and compelling. The principle issues I had with the game was aA very well put together game with an amazing aesthetic and setting. Gameplay was well devised with multiple ways to approach each objective. The game world is linear and mission based but this is a good thing and whilst the plot (or more specifically the characters) could have used some more fleshing out it was suitable and compelling. The principle issues I had with the game was a somewhat arbitrary right and wrong system under the hood. The game has wonderful non lethal options which are still suitably dark and punishing (awesome) but it could have used more nuance. Other than that some AI issues and some niggling questions left unanswered at the end of the game were my only criticisms. Expand
  12. Aug 6, 2013
    Dishonored is amazing game that has amazing elements of other games that i really love super powers like bioshock stealth mechanics like thief and great combat system somehow like assassin's creed giving you the ultimate game with interesting story and great replay ability as it has multiple endings i could easily say it is one of the best games of 2012
  13. Mar 16, 2013
    Dishonored is a game not about stealth or action, but about freedom. Freedom to choose your own way to get things done, whenever it's sneaking into a building or fighting your way through. Freedom to explore the level or to run through it. Freedom to kill people or beat the game without harming anyone at all.

Dishonored was developed by a mixed team of game developers, whose previews

Dishonored was developed by a mixed team of game developers, whose previews works included Half-Life 2 and BioShock. From Half-Life 2 Dishonored has it's level design, there's is a HL2 equivalent to literally every location from Dishonored's city, Dunwall. BioShock gave Dishonored some of it's game mechanics, as well as the graphics design.

I'd give Dishonored 9 out of 10. It's a really really good game, but nothing historical like BioShock, Deus Ex or Half-Life. It is a combination of many great game ideas, but nothing really innovative, that's why not 10/10.
  14. Nov 29, 2013
    Although I like this game a lot. It feels very unpolished. There is a lot of screen tearing and the textures look terrible. This was made in 2012, and looked outdated even when it was released. The game is very rewarding in its stealth mechanics, yet it seems rushed. I cant explain it but everything graphically and gameplay wise seem unfinished. Even with these problems I have fun withAlthough I like this game a lot. It feels very unpolished. There is a lot of screen tearing and the textures look terrible. This was made in 2012, and looked outdated even when it was released. The game is very rewarding in its stealth mechanics, yet it seems rushed. I cant explain it but everything graphically and gameplay wise seem unfinished. Even with these problems I have fun with this game and it deserves multiple playthroughs. Its absolutely worth your time, and a sequel is well deserved as fixing this games issues in another installment of the series will make it perfect. Collapse Expand
  15. Mar 22, 2013
    A great game,maybe is a successor of great series of Thief.The gameplay is awesome and action thrills you anytime.Stealth and run is a great combination.
  16. Mar 23, 2013
    Dishonored's stunning visuals immersed me into It's interesting locations, and It's great gameplay is extremely fun. For the stealth gamers out there, they'll love Dishonored. There's a lot of options how to kill an enemy stealthy, and that's why this game is amazing. Sure, playing sneaky in this game is more recommendable, but If you like to fight enemies while detected, DishonoredDishonored's stunning visuals immersed me into It's interesting locations, and It's great gameplay is extremely fun. For the stealth gamers out there, they'll love Dishonored. There's a lot of options how to kill an enemy stealthy, and that's why this game is amazing. Sure, playing sneaky in this game is more recommendable, but If you like to fight enemies while detected, Dishonored doesn't disappoint. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/dishonored/user-reviews/804626/platform/pc/ Expand
  17. Mar 24, 2013
    Dishonored; doesn’t really dishonor fans at all (SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?) I guess at this point, telling you it’s great is a waste of time; I’m pretty sure you bought it regardless of what people have said about it, but at least with this particular Bethesda title, the game is actually worth playing through.

I don’t care what anyone says about Fallout and Elder Scrolls, those games are

I don’t care what anyone says about Fallout and Elder Scrolls, those games are terrible; a game can be massive and open without being poorly crafted as a whole with convoluted quests, whilst not going on for a millennium pretending there’s more to it than the intro quest. This is more down to the game being crafted by Arkane Studios though, a company that honestly cares about bringing great stories to the water cooler; rather than ones where you fell through the floor and completed the game by default.

I honestly don’t appreciate pretense in the players of common video game series, especially when they play the same series over and over and think that the same swill should be game of the year while new and innovative titles get pushed to one side. In that sense I hope Dishonored is a stepping stone back into a genre that isn’t rinsing and repeating. It’s still part of the swill, but it takes a big enough step away to be its own ‘thing’ for players.

It’s like Assassins Creed if Assassins Creed didn’t suck and drag on too long and didn’t staple stupid cameo’s and mini games in that extended play. I guess what I’m really saying (when I stop attacking over paid franchises) is that a game can be great for what it is without trying to last a long time; I honestly think if a company is trying to make the game longer than it has to be just to stop a player saying “THIS IS TOO SHORT” then they’re making the wrong choices.

I don’t like Dishonored for the multiple outcomes to events, even though it’s cool, and that’s because the endings aren’t as multiple by comparison. I like Dishonored because it does what it has to in the stealth department without being all like “GO ON A FETCH QUEST TO GATHER INFO BEFORE PLAYING THE GOOD PART” or “DEFEND THE PORT FOR A WHILE” or “HI I’M IN THE HISTORY BOOKS AND DO STUPID THINGS”; the game simply is a game with a good narrative and game play which does what I expect, and the end isn’t constantly pushed back, yet doesn’t rob from the experience when I finally make it there.

Next time you play a game, ask yourself if the experience is really dragging out to last, or whether every part of the game really feels well justified in it’s being there. A game’s length means nothing; the real deciding factor is what the entire product brings to the table, after all, you wouldn’t replay a 100 hour story of the same old stuff, but you can relive and enjoy a greatly paced game, much like how you can re-watch a great movie over and over.
  18. Dec 24, 2013
    This is one of the best games of 2012. Simple incredible, almost perfect. Plot gripped me from the very beginning. Amazing combat and especially stealth system. Try hardest difficulty with no kill anyone. Also try to gather all coins in the game it was very hard and very entertaining!
    The only thing that saddened me is the ending feel quite empty and does not explain anything. Anyways, the game is great, I am waiting for DH2
  19. May 16, 2013
    Great stealth and atmosphere. The best part of this game is the open-ended level design. This combined with your awesome abilities, makes it super fun to traverse the environments and figure out how to stealthily take down your targets. You don't have to be stealthy, but the draw of this game is its stealth. Sure you can go "guns" blazing, but it def wouldn't be very fun. With that said,Great stealth and atmosphere. The best part of this game is the open-ended level design. This combined with your awesome abilities, makes it super fun to traverse the environments and figure out how to stealthily take down your targets. You don't have to be stealthy, but the draw of this game is its stealth. Sure you can go "guns" blazing, but it def wouldn't be very fun. With that said, if you don't like stealth, you wouldn't like this game because you're pretty much forced to play stealth. Otherwise, it's not as fun. Expand
  20. Mar 31, 2013
    Fun game that posed a challenge in the stealth department, sure while easier to outright kill the enemies it does change the city around you as you progress and just have to say screw them rat hoards! But great game, great mechanics and wonderful story bring out a fantastic experience playing this game.
  21. Apr 1, 2013
    this game is good, its so easy and short though, over hyped and not worth the £30 I shelled out for it when its £20 or less I do advise people to get it, I planned to replay it after completing it in less than 12 hours but so far have preferred to play games with more replay value. I want a game that's at least 30hours of entertainment... Interesting and I wasn't bored while I played itthis game is good, its so easy and short though, over hyped and not worth the £30 I shelled out for it when its £20 or less I do advise people to get it, I planned to replay it after completing it in less than 12 hours but so far have preferred to play games with more replay value. I want a game that's at least 30hours of entertainment... Interesting and I wasn't bored while I played it but I expected more. Expand
  22. May 21, 2013
    Overall, a good game. while the storyline was not always original, the setting and gameplay environment was unique. The game was rather short but it compensated with replayability. I liked that there were different possible gameplay styles which led to different endings. I also liked the open world. i didn't like the repetitiveness of the AI after a while their same conversations wasOverall, a good game. while the storyline was not always original, the setting and gameplay environment was unique. The game was rather short but it compensated with replayability. I liked that there were different possible gameplay styles which led to different endings. I also liked the open world. i didn't like the repetitiveness of the AI after a while their same conversations was rather annoying. Considering the game was meant to give the player freedom in determining the course of play, i was hoping for more options and felt the game fell short in meeting this objective.

It was nowhere near as good as other Bethesda releases. I was hoping it would be similar to Fallout but doesn't come close. Nevertheless, i did enjoy playing it.
  23. Apr 3, 2013
    Great game i love it well worth the money, the only problem i found with the game is the lack of weapon variety for stealth play and the fact that is your go for a stealth no-lethal playthrough the weapons thin to a total of 1 weapon only
  24. Apr 10, 2013
    I never completed my first play through, because I tried to just kill everyone in my way, and it got kinda boring. However, I decided to give it a try, going stealth mode. I killed a grand total of 7 people through the game, and it was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, sneaking, knocking people out, running down unmarked side quests, and trying to find the best wayI never completed my first play through, because I tried to just kill everyone in my way, and it got kinda boring. However, I decided to give it a try, going stealth mode. I killed a grand total of 7 people through the game, and it was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, sneaking, knocking people out, running down unmarked side quests, and trying to find the best way to move about each level. The mechanics are great, but what really got me was the story, when the game ended, I felt like I just finished a great book, like a tiny piece of me had ended with the game. I know that sound ridiculous and exaggerated, but this really is the most captivating game I've ever played. It really isn't for everyone, but if it is your type of game, or you are just curious, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  25. Apr 10, 2013
    Jogo muito bom, me rendeu ótimas e várias horas de jogatina sempre muito intensas e em varias vezes cria aquela tensão que te prende ao jogo, te causa "raiva" e te faz querer vingança(no jogo claro)!

Recomendo jogar em consoles ou com joystick porque não achei muito legal a conversão feita pro PC, o jogo foi feito pra jogar em controle na minha opinião...
  26. Apr 13, 2013
    Great game. Somewhat original and well done compared to most games these days. Definitely one of the best games of 2012 if not the best. Graphics are okish but the game play is a lot of fun. Being able to beat the game 100% stealth mode or straight up go on and kill everyone is very nice. Story is alright, nothing special really but game play makes up for it.
  27. Apr 15, 2013
    For a game with such disappointingly mediocre voice acting, I was otherwise surprised at the depth and level of immersion this game brought to the table. The stealth is some of the most solid I have ever experienced in a game, however, the moral choice aspect can eliminate most of the challenge to the game game should one wish to overtly kill everything. This path is not without its perksFor a game with such disappointingly mediocre voice acting, I was otherwise surprised at the depth and level of immersion this game brought to the table. The stealth is some of the most solid I have ever experienced in a game, however, the moral choice aspect can eliminate most of the challenge to the game game should one wish to overtly kill everything. This path is not without its perks though, as the combinations of powers available can produce some very interesting and "creative" ways of eliminating enemies. Having never played any of the Thief series, I cannot compare the two, yet Dishonored goes down in my books as my favorite stealth game to date. The Blink is a little overpowered, but all in all the game seems sort of balanced. Personally, I would have liked a harder difficulty setting, and some co-operative multiplayer would have been nice. But all in all, Dishonored succeeds in many fields such as AI, level & world design, and plot, and these are areas that many stealth games struggle to flesh out enough.
    Bravo, Arkane Studios.
  28. Apr 18, 2013
    Normally would give it 7, giving it 9 to balance all the stupid 0 and 1 reviews (and also to prove that user review system is terrible).

Pros: - Very cool setting. Elements of steampunk, modern technology and architecture, strange magic and mythos combine into something quite interesting. I wanted to learn more about that place. - Stylized graphics. I'm sick to death of

Pros:
    - Stylized graphics. I'm sick to death of "uber-realistic" games. The graphics paint the picture very well and don't distract. It was also free of any visual glitches or any visible lag in my playthough, and my PC is not really top of the line.
    - Gameplay is satisfying. I tried to complete missions with minimum bloodshed and I had fun. The levels are big, but not big enough to get lost without a map. In fact, traversing Dunwall trying to reach the target was definitely my favorite part.

Cons:
    - "Assassinations" are lackluster. I mentioned that getting to the target was a lot of fun unfortunately actually removing the target was not so much. You can't construct elaborate plots like in Hitman games to make it look like accidents. Once you reach the target, it's usually alone and can be killed quite easily with any of the tools you have no puzzles there. And if you wanted to go bloodless way, your options were even less. You would usually get one quest with specific objective that can only be accomplished one way to reach the "bloodless" solution.
    - Too short. I finished my first playthough with low chaos, while getting most of the runes in slightly less than 9 hours. I mean, 9 hours is fine for a game like Call of Duty, where it's basically 9 hours of non-stop action, but for stealth game, where most of the time is spent timing and sneaking, it's way too short.
    - Too easy. One of the first magic powers you get, Blink, is insanely powerful and makes levels trivial. Even worse that it doesn't use any mana (unless you use it in rapid succession), making normal movement pretty much pointless. Roofs, for the most part are absolutely safe, and guards rarely look up. Possession and Time Stop are fun to use, but also end up making the game even easier.

I realize that this is assassin game, but it is much more similar in gameplay to Thief rather than to Hitman/Assassin's Creed. So I'd compare it with Thief. Don't get me wrong, Dishonored is a very fun game, I enjoyed playing it a lot, but I think it would have been so much better if it borrowed a few more elements from Thief namely 1) extra objectives on higher difficulties 2) more focus on stealth and problem solving rather than fancy magic tricks.

Summon rats spell symbolizes basically what was wrong with Dishonored. It is the spell most often mentioned in the reviews and also the most useless in the entire game.
  29. Aug 4, 2013
    Dishonored is a good game... GOOD not GREAT as many point it out to be.
    Positives:
    - Great atmosphere
    - Enjoyable Combat
    - Good Graphics
    - Great Skills
    Negatives:
    - Extremely short (about 4-6 hours)
    - Short Selection of Weapons
    - Bad Story
  30. May 16, 2013
    It's a fantastic game for stealth fans, me being one of them liked this adventure very much! The artistic design is purely outstanding, nice variety of ways to reach your objective, great replay value! But the story isn't very original good old vengeance! And it gets repetitive! Overall great game!
  31. Apr 26, 2013
    I was totally hooked on this game. The world and characters are so enticing. I can't wait for the DLCs. I hope this is a birth of a franchise. Oh I finished the game with low chaos.
  32. Apr 28, 2013
    One of the best games of all time in my opinion. And the game doesn't needs "Crysis-like" graphics and level design to deliver, a brutal, merciless, engaging adventure, in a chaotic city, dying at the hands of corrupt governants, and deadly diseases. Also, this game has an amazing artwork, probably one of the best, to ever show up in a game, definitely an underrated game. 10/10 Has a HugeOne of the best games of all time in my opinion. And the game doesn't needs "Crysis-like" graphics and level design to deliver, a brutal, merciless, engaging adventure, in a chaotic city, dying at the hands of corrupt governants, and deadly diseases. Also, this game has an amazing artwork, probably one of the best, to ever show up in a game, definitely an underrated game. 10/10 Has a Huge Replay value, and the game world will react differently to your (Corvo) actions, and play-style. Totally worth it, the ending gave me "goosebumps", Corvo, even though, he does not actually speaks in game, is a very likeable character, the same applies to all others, who you will constantly meet, throughout your adventures, and miss them a lot, when, they are gone. Expand
  33. May 1, 2013
    A truly great game (though a little shorter than I'd have liked).

As far as stealth goes I agree that blink "breaks" the stealth mechanic a bit but not to the extent that it breaks the game. The graphics are pretty good, I never encountered any bugs, the story was pretty good (apart from the outsider... he always felt cheesy), the powers were all pretty cool/useful, and the choices
    A truly great game (though a little shorter than I'd have liked).

The graphics are pretty good, I never encountered any bugs, the story was pretty good (apart from the outsider... he always felt cheesy), the powers were all pretty cool/useful, and the choices you made in both power upgrades and the game actually affected the world around you.

I do wish there were more upgrade levels to the powers though.

I've heard people complain about the "tedious" gameplay but that is essentially what a stealth game is. Some people complain that "blink, choke/kill, hide body and repeat" is boring however that is not how you have to play the game. If you want to 100% every level in terms of collectibles and gold then yeah you will be doing a lot of that... however a big of the game for me was finding ways to interfere with the world around you as little as possible.

Overall a great game.
  34. Jul 15, 2013
    Brilliant game! But do yourself a favor and play on hard.... The game is very easy and it is too easy to just kill anyone who opposes you. The visuals may not be the best but they are very artistic and suit the game!
  35. May 9, 2013
    A good game by Bethesda. I never know it would actually be worth the money. The assassin style overall is great, but i was frustrated sometimes at how easily it can be to detect somebody and the fact that if you want the best ending, you can kill anyone with the awesome assassinating animations and weapons there are.
  36. Dec 6, 2013
    For Dishonored if you run through the area stabbing everyone you see you are playing the game entirely wrong Dishonored is a game that wants you to take your time instead of running in through the front entrance of a building you can choose to go in stealthily in some levels of the game there are almost 10 different ways of going in for example you can use possession on an animal (orFor Dishonored if you run through the area stabbing everyone you see you are playing the game entirely wrong Dishonored is a game that wants you to take your time instead of running in through the front entrance of a building you can choose to go in stealthily in some levels of the game there are almost 10 different ways of going in for example you can use possession on an animal (or human) and sneak in through an air duct or you can use teleportation to climb the building itself.

Dishonored also holds a trait on how skilful you are at holding the urge to kill someone who is really annoying your way through you can basically go through the whole game without killing a single person doing this can produce a better outcome at the end of the game.

Dishonored itself is different because instead of awarding you for killing people and completing the game it gives you consequences, its a smart system that will change how you will think the next time you will play.

Dishonored is a masterpiece and will keep you occupied for well over 50 hours.
  37. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is in no way "shallow, tedious, or boring," gimmedatsammich. I dont know what Bethesda did to get you so butt hurt and upset, but dont take it out on this game. QQ elsewhere.
  38. Nov 25, 2013
    Lots of fun but doesn't quite reach its potential. Game movement and fighting are fun, but too easy. One power (the rats power) basically makes all other offensive options unnecessary. Graphics are fine for gen 3 consoles but looking very 2008 on the PC. Story is passable.
  39. Jun 21, 2013
    Despite being painfully easy even on the hardest difficulty the story is one of the greatest uses of player emotion, and really shows the modern gaming industry just how to do first person, although not necessarily stealth as it is just so easy.
  40. Jun 25, 2013
    If Dishonored was a drink it would be Arizona Sweet Tea. It has the good taste of stealth and nice level design but has the bad aftertaste of bland as cheerioes characters and an awful story. The Stealth Element Of The Game IS very innovative bringing fantasy elements to running around and stabbing people with supernatural powers and cool weapon mechanics. Sadly though it makes the game asIf Dishonored was a drink it would be Arizona Sweet Tea. It has the good taste of stealth and nice level design but has the bad aftertaste of bland as cheerioes characters and an awful story. The Stealth Element Of The Game IS very innovative bringing fantasy elements to running around and stabbing people with supernatural powers and cool weapon mechanics. Sadly though it makes the game as easy as clicking a mouse. Even on the hardest difficulty it took me 12 hours. Dishonored has great level design with sprawling epic buildings and many ways to see tomato juice come out of you foes. You can jump around buildings or just run and stab them or place traps everywhere or.......there is a lot! The problem here is In a LINEAR game such as Absolution you still have endless ways to kill someone while being in the laws of physics. You would think with an open sand box you can just find awesome ways to stab things. Now with the Good Out here comes the bad aftertaste. THE NPC's are just bad............... They have no emotion like robots. I would get the same order Corvo go kill the man he is bad and we don't like him beep boop" its like if i tried to stab them there would be an electric shock. Stealth games i have seen have bad stories but come on just get some film writer and make a nice script. Absolution and Deus Ex HR had lovely stories but here its just wrong. The Ending without spoiling it is bad in both ways. Its either everything is good or everything is bad. It isnt 2000 we need to focus a lot on a game now because we progressed. Dishonored has the charm of the immersive and awesome city. Stealth= Awesome Upgrades= Sweet Everything Else= Shant. Luckily the awesome is in a lot more then the bad. So wait for a discount. Dishonored gets a 6/10 Expand
  41. Dec 7, 2013
    Dishonored is one of the most thrilling games I have ever played. There are different ways to complete the game. Stealth, assassinating, or both. Dishonored is my game of the year.
  42. Sep 27, 2013
    I don't know what to say.
    Great story, they perfected it.
    The whole stealth mode is awesome and the weapons you have are epic.
    You will need skill to pass this game on normal or hard.
  43. Oct 12, 2013
    I really enjoyed the game at all, i played it like three times in all the levels for check out what was different and of course the DLCs were so cool the whole story is just incredible...hope we'll get another DLC like the last one.
  44. Aug 13, 2013
    This is a good game with good combat that works well.The game looks nice and you can see the effort that went into designing it i would recommend this to someone to play butt the game would probably not be right for everybody.
  45. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. It has a lot of elements similar to Thief. So if you like that series you will like this. The most unique and engaging part of the game for me is the ability to take multiple paths to the same objective. It gives the feeling of freedom, which for stealth is absolutely key. The story is also a nice twist on usual boring game narratives. I enjoyed this game a lot.This game is a lot of fun. It has a lot of elements similar to Thief. So if you like that series you will like this. The most unique and engaging part of the game for me is the ability to take multiple paths to the same objective. It gives the feeling of freedom, which for stealth is absolutely key. The story is also a nice twist on usual boring game narratives. I enjoyed this game a lot. There were a few times where I got frustrated while trying to do some badass steath attack that turned me off for a day or two, but I always came back. A game well worth playing. Expand
  46. Jun 2, 2014
    Dishonest is one of those rare games that appears out of nowhere and does almost everything right.
    From the amazing characters and script, to the beautiful art style and environments.
    The true achievement of this game was its ability to fully immerse me into its character rich world, filled with unique game-play and ever so amazing stealth mechanics. Not many 1st person games have

Not many 1st person games have made think about the consequences of my actions.
    There are multiple endings to this game; depending of course, what path you choose to take.

Action, mixed with stealth and puzzles a plenty. Dishonest has achieved to find the correct balance, that so many games fail to capture, while being able to offer a great story.

If your growing ever tired of the annual onslaught of military shooters being offered; Dishonest may be just the game you have been looking for. Especially if you looking for something a little more cerebral.
  47. Jul 31, 2013
    Very good game with nearly flawless game mechanics. Dishonored is a fun stealth action game with great art design and decent storyline. The areas are rather small, the missions linear, but this is compensated by the fact that you can take varying approaches on how to fulfil the tasks ahead. Maybe a bit too short, and a bit too easy on normal difficulty. In terms of content it is okay, butVery good game with nearly flawless game mechanics. Dishonored is a fun stealth action game with great art design and decent storyline. The areas are rather small, the missions linear, but this is compensated by the fact that you can take varying approaches on how to fulfil the tasks ahead. Maybe a bit too short, and a bit too easy on normal difficulty. In terms of content it is okay, but could contain a few missions and gameplay hours more. The graphics unfortunately are not that great on PC, especially some of the textures are rather low quality. Still a recommendable game though. Expand
  48. Aug 14, 2013
    This game is FANTASTIC! great gameplay story but the graphics are a little too outdated but you can pick this game up at gamestop for about 29.99$ which is not that bad.
  49. Aug 21, 2013
    Dishonored all in all is a well built game. At first it seems like it would be more fun to go through the game killing with all your fun little killing tools but when you try to go through the game without killing anyone or being detected it suddenly becomes more challenging and more fun. The stealth works well, so does the combat. There are plenty of side routes and options to take. TheDishonored all in all is a well built game. At first it seems like it would be more fun to go through the game killing with all your fun little killing tools but when you try to go through the game without killing anyone or being detected it suddenly becomes more challenging and more fun. The stealth works well, so does the combat. There are plenty of side routes and options to take. The story's a bit predictable but it's not the worst I've seen.

In the end 9/10. A very good use of your money.
  50. Aug 30, 2013
    Dishonored is absolutely great piece of work and I really can't understand how it's possible that someone can give this game a mark lower than 7. The only 1 thing I don't like is game's length. It's short and took me something like 15 hours. Of course we can pass the level again and again. There are many different ways we can pass this game and that's the biggest advantage.
  51. Sep 8, 2013
    I have never heard the name of the publishers as much as the more over-rated publishers out there but this game is by far the most awesomely built game of the year and it takes less disk space compared to the over-rated useless games releases this year
  52. Sep 15, 2013
    HEY! its Dishonored you know there's a reason for that name because it dishonors the thief series with this new Thief game coming out people have been stupid enough to say its a rip off of Dishonored well the fact is that the first Thief game came out in 1998 the second one was 2000 and the third was 2004 so as you see its much older then this garbage, also lets talk about how you have toHEY! its Dishonored you know there's a reason for that name because it dishonors the thief series with this new Thief game coming out people have been stupid enough to say its a rip off of Dishonored well the fact is that the first Thief game came out in 1998 the second one was 2000 and the third was 2004 so as you see its much older then this garbage, also lets talk about how you have to go to someone to take you to a location Thief doesn't do that you have to get there your self, the only thing i liked about this game was a bit of its story when your getting framed for the murder of the queen (but it doesn't help his case if he turns into a murderer afterwards tho) but still in this the hiding is rubbish, Thief did it right by letting you hiding in the shadows but come on Dishonored if your going to copy everything from Thief why not that!it's a really good mechanic you get in tensed because they could be standing in front of you and your just panicking that they don't see you, it just makes the game fun also people would sneak more then just run and kill everything, we need something to get us away from all the call of duty kids at the moment and this game will not do it... BUT MAYBE THIEF WILL! Expand
  53. Sep 13, 2013
    This game is knock-out, I truly enjoyed the three playthroughs; each time trying a different method to complete the game's sensational story. The latest play through I done without being seen or killing anyone, I really appreciate the depth and challenge in the game even though it has no leveling up system it feels as if you are actually Corvo the Lord Protector who has been stitched upThis game is knock-out, I truly enjoyed the three playthroughs; each time trying a different method to complete the game's sensational story. The latest play through I done without being seen or killing anyone, I really appreciate the depth and challenge in the game even though it has no leveling up system it feels as if you are actually Corvo the Lord Protector who has been stitched up for the murder of your protectee. I felt genuine hate from my prosecutors, I wanted to punish them. this game really makes you think about morality, do you go in and cut down the innocent plague victims and the guards 'just following orders' or do you spare them and make examples of the kingpins and dictators. the game even gives you an alternative to killing you can make them 'disappear' into the night never to be seen again. The game chaos system is a well meaning but flawed system, for example when nearing the end on my first play I had to fight my way through a map this changed the outcome of my game because i had to kill, it should have taken if you were defensive or offensive into account. The games story is well written if a tiny bit predictable at times, the major U-turn in the game made me feel a like I had been taken for a fool for the second time and made me bay for the blood of the figures behind it, this game is one of a dieing breed; it makes you think and consider your options, figure out different routes while be still thoroughly entertaining and engaging, this game is one of the few titles that will be remembered with rose tinted glasses in years.In my opinion this should be in a top for top games of the 21st century (Alongside the Mass Effect series and Elder Scrolls) Genuine must have. Expand
  54. Sep 14, 2013
    This game is pure gold. The story is amazing and the gameplay is great. The stealth is good as well. and the multiple parts and different choices give variety to the game.
  55. Sep 19, 2013
    Dishonored has a great immersive atmosphere to the player when doing anything from missions to side quests. You have a little "free time" option where you can walk around, talk to people, buy items or upgrades for Corvo. You wield two weapons at a time. A trusty blade in one hand and a weapon of your choice in the next. Summon swarms of rats upon your enemy, stealthily take them down, orDishonored has a great immersive atmosphere to the player when doing anything from missions to side quests. You have a little "free time" option where you can walk around, talk to people, buy items or upgrades for Corvo. You wield two weapons at a time. A trusty blade in one hand and a weapon of your choice in the next. Summon swarms of rats upon your enemy, stealthily take them down, or sneak right past them. You have a big variety of magic uses, weapon uses, and tactics. The game features a "decide your fate" type of story so every little action you make, killing civilians, enemies, or even saving them, they may comeback later and change the story. With alternate endings anything is possible. You decide the entire game. Beware though, not everyone is a friendly as they seem. Expand
  56. Sep 23, 2013
    Although slow-going at times, Dishonored has a creative plot that keeps the player interested through pure intrigue, even in parts where the proceeding is a little ponderous. Needless to say, the graphics are beautiful (though I am a bit biased in favor of 1800s decor as it is), and the mechanics are quite fluid. As previously mentioned, the game has the potential to get boring for someoneAlthough slow-going at times, Dishonored has a creative plot that keeps the player interested through pure intrigue, even in parts where the proceeding is a little ponderous. Needless to say, the graphics are beautiful (though I am a bit biased in favor of 1800s decor as it is), and the mechanics are quite fluid. As previously mentioned, the game has the potential to get boring for someone looking for a simple shoot-em-up action game, but there is a reason the game is classified as "stealth." When played with the appropriate attention span and attention to detail, this game provides a stunning positive experience. Expand
  57. Sep 24, 2013
    A very good game, with an excellent engine. The plot is interesting and convincing, the setting is unique enough to make it enjoyable and worth remembering. Gameplay is really remarkable. The only flaw is the length if the main campaign and the two DLCs were to be combine I think I'd give the whole game a strong 9, maybe 9,5.
  58. Oct 24, 2013
    Even a year on there is still a stack of replay value. Dishonored is often touted as a "spiritual successor" to Thief but in reality it's so much more. I loved the Thief games but going back to Thief after playing Dishonored is like going back to the original Wolfenstein after playing Unreal Tournament 3.

The main campaign admittedly feels short but there's so many ways you can play

The main campaign admittedly feels short but there's so many ways you can play through it without feeling stale that it more than makes up for it, and both DLC packs are top notch.
  59. Oct 12, 2013
    an amazing little stealth first person stab them up with a less than par story but none the less a game you can dive right into and enjoy easily a definite recommendation from me
  60. Oct 23, 2013
    Dishonored proves to be a strong stealth game: it's one of the fewest stealth games that puts creativity to the gameplay. It is a revolution, but it doesn't perform the revolution perfectly. It offers a highly intelligent gameplay, with some limitations. Story-wise and graphics-wise isn't anything special, but all what matters is the gameplay.
    It's a welcome challenge to use the unique
    It's a welcome challenge to use the unique powers to eliminate enemies. It provides an unique experience, and makes you think for a creative way to kill enemies. It will also follow your taste of gameplay: either you kill hiding on the shadows, or you just go kill everyone while being detected. Combine that, with the sweet looting and with the linear, but interesting exploration, you've got a great game. And, thankfully, the game has replay value.
    But the experience isn't that special, having a slightly short campaign (it took me about 10-12 hours), and the sometimes claustrophobic nature seeming a steal from Bioshock. It's just nothing new with the imerssivness of the game.
    Dishonored is a great game. It may not realize all your wishes, but it does satisfy. (Final Score: 8.46)
  61. Oct 24, 2013
    This is a fun game. Great story line and great graphics. the DL content was even fun. there's so many ways to play this game that you'll make repeat runs thru it. I got the game and the dl content on steam for a great price. If you have a mid level gaming pc with a decent card. Go get the GOTY edition of this. you won't be disappointed..
  62. Nov 2, 2013
    Sadly, I can only join the detractors and critics of this game, and maybe also go further...

I have rarely seen such a wasted opportunity, a great setting, many charming ideas, all finished in such disappointing performance, so poor and fragile. The game is flat, boring, loses in almost every point of view with the best of the actual adventure/stealth market. Playing it after

Playing it after finishing "Bioshock Infinite" is a sort of pain, and quite a shock...

And this is not the worst part!

I give 0, because in one of the first missions, a serious bug (found and reported by the community several months ago) has still not been resolved!
    I've lost 5 hours of play on it!

I will try to get a refund, because have been years, since something of this has happen to me, and frankly I feel cheated.

There are not other words...
  63. Feb 14, 2014
    The "chaos" system makes this game feel quite unique. I really liked to see that killing or not really affects the world, not just the ending. Also, the game has a true meele combat system, that makes swordsplaying really fun.
  64. Nov 8, 2013
    The story was boring but the gameplay was fantastic, this game forced me to give the upcoming Thief game a second thought. Also can we stop the sexist sacrifice of women for male retribution.
  65. Dec 21, 2013
    After finishing the game, I was not that much impressed with the storyline. The gameplay however, was totally different story. I love freedom in games. If you are looking for game like Hitman: Blood Money combined with Deus Ex, then this is the game for you. Everything is permitted. You have to ability to chose the location, the weapon, the person, the powers, the amount of guards and evenAfter finishing the game, I was not that much impressed with the storyline. The gameplay however, was totally different story. I love freedom in games. If you are looking for game like Hitman: Blood Money combined with Deus Ex, then this is the game for you. Everything is permitted. You have to ability to chose the location, the weapon, the person, the powers, the amount of guards and even the route towards your destination. The game watches how you play, if you play stealthily (kill little to no guards, don't blow stuff up etc.) or gun's blazing (blow everything, nothing survives etc.) the game adapts itself. If you play stealthily, the missions further on will contain less security, if you gun's blazing on the other hand, you will have to fight an entire army.

All and all, It was a satisfying game and very recommendable.
  66. May 6, 2014
    hugely impressed by this game, tons of fun and has so much replay-ability that you can have fun with it for 20+ hours. The chaos system is also a cool addition even though its nothing new, the whole good/bad has been seen before but with separate endings for each level of chaos (good and bad that is) it means you can play the game a second time to find out how it ends for the other type ofhugely impressed by this game, tons of fun and has so much replay-ability that you can have fun with it for 20+ hours. The chaos system is also a cool addition even though its nothing new, the whole good/bad has been seen before but with separate endings for each level of chaos (good and bad that is) it means you can play the game a second time to find out how it ends for the other type of play-through, but instead of playing the exact same game and only having a different ending, the game itself changes as you play in either good or bad, it doesn't change drastically but enough that you notice it and even small things like dialogue or ennemy position change. They have also gone for the scavenger mechanic, where there is loot scaterred across the levels for you to find, and these levels, finding all of it can be a real challenge because the levels are HUGE and have many paths for you to discover to complete the level (you can literally finish the entire game without having to kill anyone, at all). The gameplay is slightly different but not super different, some have found it boring but i believe its still pretty good. This being a stealth(ish) game, it doesnt do that well in the actual stealth, it's to basic, hiding behind walls and peeking out to see your ennemis is about as far as it goes. However the devs decided to put in a series of spells which can be used to do some pretty crazy stuff, blink is the main spell that is a short teleport of a sort and you can do some pretty cool stuff with it, but what really caries this game for me is the crazy combinations of spells you can do in combat or to setup to best ambush ever. so in summary, cool choices to make story wise, fun and inventive combat, nice art style and levels ,plenty of replay-ability, believable storyline, not many interesting characters, boring stealth mechanics. Expand
  67. Nov 17, 2013
    Awesome game, probably the best stealth game ever.
    Really hope they make Dishonored 2.
    The only thing I didn't like was how short it was, I finished the game in like 3 days, non-detection and non-lethal.
  68. Aug 2, 2014
    Very stylish mix of Half-Life 2, Thief and No One Lives Forever with high qualities, taken from all these sources and blending them into a slightly dark retro-future-industrial package. Good level design, nice aesthetics, story and a just about right amount of balance between action and sneaky playstyle. Even on hard mode it was kinda short and easy stroll for just about 1 full gaming day,Very stylish mix of Half-Life 2, Thief and No One Lives Forever with high qualities, taken from all these sources and blending them into a slightly dark retro-future-industrial package. Good level design, nice aesthetics, story and a just about right amount of balance between action and sneaky playstyle. Even on hard mode it was kinda short and easy stroll for just about 1 full gaming day, but that seems to be the case for most modern games in this genre lately and if it's well-done like this, it can still provide a very strong experience. "What will we do with a drunken whaler? Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver Early in the morning." 8/10 Expand
  69. Jan 6, 2014
    People will most likely to hate me for giving it a score of a simple 7, seeing how many rated the game from 9 to 10, but Dishonored did not meet my expectations.
    The gameplay is fun, and the story is full of potential that in my opinion is not used.
    Cut-scenes are mostly boring and the plot is only seen at the start of the game and through the rest of it, it's implied. I love the
    I love the super-natural touch in the game and the optional objectives, but I just keep feeling like something big is missing.
    As a stealth action game it's working and not missing much.
    However after getting used to the game and playing it for about 3 hours I enjoyed it quite more.
    Also I love the graphics style, it's like a 3D oil painting.
    There's too little about the main protagonist all the information you get is his job and how he got, wait for it.... ~DISHONORED~. And usually it's no problem. but only when throughout playing the story you discover more and more, and here it feels like I'm a puppet in every mission.
    And being the puppet that you are, you can't do much else so you keep doing the same thing over and over again It's quite boring.

The game is fun, but it's missing a thrill.
  70. Dec 3, 2013
    This is just one of the best single player games i have ever played its still a port for the pc but its really well done and it doesnt feel like it the story is really good and i like the fact that some characters reaction and the ending change depending on how you play the game, (i must say all endings are great) and the game play its really good cause you can go on a killing rampageThis is just one of the best single player games i have ever played its still a port for the pc but its really well done and it doesnt feel like it the story is really good and i like the fact that some characters reaction and the ending change depending on how you play the game, (i must say all endings are great) and the game play its really good cause you can go on a killing rampage or play like a ghost and they both feel really natural, playing this game i felt 10x more like an assassin than in any of the assassins creed games. 10/10 really recommended. Expand
  71. Dec 13, 2013
    This is the best game I have played to date. This is the best stealth-action game available today and I would recommend it to everyone! You can play however you want, if you want to run through the level and kill every single person you see, you can do it. If you want to sneak around and not let a single person know you were ever there, you can do it. And if you want to take your time toThis is the best game I have played to date. This is the best stealth-action game available today and I would recommend it to everyone! You can play however you want, if you want to run through the level and kill every single person you see, you can do it. If you want to sneak around and not let a single person know you were ever there, you can do it. And if you want to take your time to walk around, look at the beautiful detail in the game, you can do that too. This is a must play game for all gamers. Expand
  72. Mar 2, 2014
    I love this game.

I've played through it 3 times in full, and plan to play all the DLC as well. The world it's in, the experience of choosing revenge or rising above, the variety of fun "toys" with which to take down foes...it all adds up to a great game. I own both the pc and the ps3 version (well I gave the ps3 to a friend, but wanted to play it again and got the pc version) and
    I love this game.

I own both the pc and the ps3 version (well I gave the ps3 to a friend, but wanted to play it again and got the pc version) and I'd say the pc is slightly (but only slightly) inferior to to ps3. I almost always prefer games on pc, but in this case, I've noticed the gameplay is ever so slightly less smooth.

Rare for me, if you have both a pc and a ps3, buy the ps3 version...but if no ps3, don't hesitate for a second to buy it on pc. It's a wonderful game.
  73. Jul 16, 2014
    The gameplay perfect (stealth and combat), the storyline was perfect, EVERYTHING was perfect! Also this game had few open world attributes, that I really liked!! This is the best game I ever played!!!
  74. Feb 21, 2014
    Great game. Super fun and challenging to play if you choose the complete stealth route. Not a whole lot of story but I mainly gravitated toward the game play. Lots of fun!
  75. Dec 26, 2013
    Dishonored is a fantastic stealth action game that can best be called a delicious fusion of Thief, Deus Ex, and BioShock. The stealth, movement, and combat mechanics are all satisfying enough to keep any gamer's attention, and the choice to kill or not kill any given foe makes for a surprising degree of replayability your choices have real effects on the world, in ways that would probablyDishonored is a fantastic stealth action game that can best be called a delicious fusion of Thief, Deus Ex, and BioShock. The stealth, movement, and combat mechanics are all satisfying enough to keep any gamer's attention, and the choice to kill or not kill any given foe makes for a surprising degree of replayability your choices have real effects on the world, in ways that would probably never occur to you.

I have at the present moment spent 67 hours on the game and its two story DLC (The Knife of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches). I've even gone to the trouble of playing through all of them twice to collect all the achievements. The main story campaign took me less than 15 hours my first playthrough and it's more than possible to complete the game in 10 hours or less if you really rush. However, the game has a deep world and backstory and is not meant for speedruns if take your time, search out the secrets, read the books scattered about, and listen to the goons you stalk before filling their headholes with steel, you'll discover a deep, rich, and unique world unlike anything in games today.

Gameplay is what a game lives or dies on, and Dishonored's is rock solid. Whether you want to sneak around unseen and undetected or charge in guns blazing and kill everyone in your path, Dishonored lets you carry out your assigned missions your way, without glitches, crashes, or bugs.

In addition to the excellent mechanics (on which all games live or die), Dishonored offers luxurious art (though tbqh, I feel the City 17 parallels are a little too striking), a satisfying storyline, widely varied missions, and top-flight voice acting. The music is mostly unremarkable, but since the game (quite reasonably) forces it to take a backseat to environmental and other sound effects, it's to be expected.
  76. Dec 29, 2013
    Always low on ammo so frustrating! Environments and surroundings seems a bit dull and boring, but apart from that, great storyline! smooth controls, interesting skills, definitely worth a try.
  77. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is amazing, the 20 hours I spent on this game were the best 20 hours of my life. The stealth mechanics are so deep and the story line is so intriguing. Two words: get. it.
  78. Jan 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Dishonored: Amazing and beautiful, the world created by Arkam are one of the most cool steam punk's i ever seen, the design of the game are truly gorgeous.
    *Gameplay: The gameplay is very fun and challenger, you can create your way using sewers, streets, roofs or you can fight using all of your weapons and powers, and killing people you will maximize the chaos and the game changes with your actions. I also finished all the DLC's of Dishonored and totally worth!

Bethesda is becoming the most interesting game developer.. A 10 to it
  79. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is absolute art. Every model in it seems to have the appropriate location, and really fits in the Victorian style that the game posses. The gameplay is exquisite and it's great the different approachs you can make to win the game. Stealth or a cold-hearted assasin? You decide. I personally won the game first in the normal mode, started killing everything the first 2 missions, andThis game is absolute art. Every model in it seems to have the appropriate location, and really fits in the Victorian style that the game posses. The gameplay is exquisite and it's great the different approachs you can make to win the game. Stealth or a cold-hearted assasin? You decide. I personally won the game first in the normal mode, started killing everything the first 2 missions, and after that i never got detected. I loved the stealthy way to play it. After that i replayed it on the hardcore version and i loved it more!

Thank you arcane studios for this game, I've been a real fan of you, my favorite game before this one was Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, but this one, totally beated it.

10/10.
  80. Jan 17, 2014
    Bethesda did their job, and they did it extremely well. The ability of the player to change their story in Dishonored by playing the game multiple ways is an aspect which makes the game what it is...a nearly perfect experience. As strange as it is that Corvo (the main character) does not say a word throughout the game, it does not detract from the experience one bit. Be stealthy, beBethesda did their job, and they did it extremely well. The ability of the player to change their story in Dishonored by playing the game multiple ways is an aspect which makes the game what it is...a nearly perfect experience. As strange as it is that Corvo (the main character) does not say a word throughout the game, it does not detract from the experience one bit. Be stealthy, be murderous, be what you want to be. Expand
  81. Jan 20, 2014
    A beautifully crafted stealth game from Bethesda. The atmosphere, setting, music, and gadgets all work to further immerse you in the world of Dunwall and in the role of Corvo Attano, previous Lord Protector to the Empress, trying to regain his/your honor. What Bethesda has done right is give its characters, from Admiral Havelock to lowly City Watch a good amount of depth, though the AI forA beautifully crafted stealth game from Bethesda. The atmosphere, setting, music, and gadgets all work to further immerse you in the world of Dunwall and in the role of Corvo Attano, previous Lord Protector to the Empress, trying to regain his/your honor. What Bethesda has done right is give its characters, from Admiral Havelock to lowly City Watch a good amount of depth, though the AI for enemies can be underwhelming at times. The stealth mechanics and art style are well done and keep the gameplay interesting. The story is thought out, if a bit too direct; I personally would have loved to see more of Dunwall than the fleeting glances afforded through the nine missions in the core game, though I enjoyed having varying endings whether you did the game as it was intended, in the shadows, or all out blasting through guards. Overall, if you are a fan or stealth games, beautiful level design, RPG games, moderately open world games, or something in between, Bethesda has crafted a masterpiece that in some way will impress and stick with you. Expand
  82. Feb 6, 2014
    Wonderful! Mesmerizing! Smashing! I haven't played a better game than this. Can stop myself from play it over and over again. If you are looking for a game with inspiring story, neat graphics and addictive gameplay, this is it!!!
  83. Feb 16, 2014
    I just finished " Dishonored " and I have to say the game is a masterpiece , memorable characters and dark atmosphere exactly how I like it . Artwork looks decent , the music in the game despite the gloomy climate is pleasant to the ear . The only reason could find fault with this linearity, we are led by the hand from point A to point B, but the authors tried to cover it up and gave usI just finished " Dishonored " and I have to say the game is a masterpiece , memorable characters and dark atmosphere exactly how I like it . Artwork looks decent , the music in the game despite the gloomy climate is pleasant to the ear . The only reason could find fault with this linearity, we are led by the hand from point A to point B, but the authors tried to cover it up and gave us some alternative routes . From turn off the gates of light , transform into a rat and use of drains, by climbing the roof to the elimination the enemies in the "classic" way . When it comes to the arsenal we have available: Crossbow ( incendiary bolts , hypnotic ) , guns ( bullets exploding) any of our weapons , we can improve (range, reload speed , number of rounds) . In the game we collect Runes and Bone Charms , which significantly facilitate our game-play . Absolutely excellent game , in terms of history narrated in it . With a pure heart, I can recommend the game to anyone. Expand
  84. Apr 16, 2014
    O Dishonored é algo de especial, é o primeiro titulo do que muito provavelmente se vai tornar num novo franchise de videojogos. É um jogo na primeira pessoa, numa era victoriana com um visual estilizado de pintura a óleo onde somos um assassino com uma mascara bonita onde podemos jogar entre dois oposto, podemos ser um assassino invisível e passar todo o jogo sem matar uma única alma, ouO Dishonored é algo de especial, é o primeiro titulo do que muito provavelmente se vai tornar num novo franchise de videojogos. É um jogo na primeira pessoa, numa era victoriana com um visual estilizado de pintura a óleo onde somos um assassino com uma mascara bonita onde podemos jogar entre dois oposto, podemos ser um assassino invisível e passar todo o jogo sem matar uma única alma, ou podemos jogar como um shooter onde temos poderes mágicos e matamos todos os inimigos que aparecem entre nos e o nosso objectivo, e tudo o que se possa imaginar pelo meio.

Lê o resto da review em:
  85. Feb 22, 2014
    Love this game. I love all the choices you can make. I particularly love that not only can you always use stealth but the rooftops and gangways are well developed and fun--not just a toss in. Also, you can sneak as a human or as a rat or other animal or person. I also love that you can play through the entire game only having to kill 2 or 3 NPCs. The world is cohesive, the art isLove this game. I love all the choices you can make. I particularly love that not only can you always use stealth but the rooftops and gangways are well developed and fun--not just a toss in. Also, you can sneak as a human or as a rat or other animal or person. I also love that you can play through the entire game only having to kill 2 or 3 NPCs. The world is cohesive, the art is great, the NPCs are engaging. All around best FPS game I've ever played. I wish there were more games like this! Expand
  86. Mar 2, 2014
    It's a perfectly executed stealth system, at least, perfect in a gameplay sense. It may not have the intricate realism of Hitman, but it's so fun; its a game I can keep coming back to. (I've done about 11 playthroughs of the main campaign and about 4 on each DLC.) Combat is fun, stealth is fun, the story is original and nice, the level design is brilliant, and the mechanics are fresh. WhatIt's a perfectly executed stealth system, at least, perfect in a gameplay sense. It may not have the intricate realism of Hitman, but it's so fun; its a game I can keep coming back to. (I've done about 11 playthroughs of the main campaign and about 4 on each DLC.) Combat is fun, stealth is fun, the story is original and nice, the level design is brilliant, and the mechanics are fresh. What else can you ask for? Well worth it.
    And it has maybe the best achievement list of any game ever.
  87. Apr 15, 2014
    Perfect. Chapters are sewn together seamlessly. The stealth was enough to take you biting your nails. The nonlinear ending was also good, making it a replayable game. Simply perfect.
  88. Mar 27, 2014
    Dishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixingDishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixing powers together to create devastating results. For example, you can windblast someone off a bridge, freeze time, warp to the ground and drop a spring trap, and watch the falling carcass get ripped apart. It's hysterical how fun the powers are to use. While some levels are more tedious than others, the exceptional levels are the ones I've remembered to this day. The game is memorable, fun, fast paced for a stealth game, and tells its story with efficiency. The only thing it's missing is an end-game where you could run around areas you've gone in using those powers of yours to find creative ways to down your foes. That would've made this the best game I've ever played. It still scores a 10/10 with me because of its gameplay. Despite the lack of any replay value if you play stealth, it's a great creativity device, and it is actually still worth replaying if you enjoy murdering guards with combinations of powers and a well-placed bullet.
    This game is a lot like Bioshock Infinite, if you think of it. The stories are both dystopias, both involve rescuing a damsel in distress, both are around the 10-12 hour mark with no end-game or save files, both take place before 2000 (It's hard to tell with Dishonored. It seems to take place in a steampunk society, to a degree.), and both involve extraterrestrial powers (Except that Bioshock explains them as Vigors, while Dishonored states that they originate from the Mark of the Outsider.)
    The DLC for Dishonored adds a whole new world, and does DLC right for an accurate price.
    This game was worth every penny, and I don't think I'll ever play a better stealth game.
    The game plays a silent protagonist extremely well. It's more fitting than a protagonist like, say, Garret from Thief. Corvo fits better as a silent protagonist, except, that you feel for him and his story, which motivates you to play to the end. This game tells its story flawlessly, its protagonist is silent yet memorable, and it is FUN AS HELL.
  89. Mar 31, 2014
    As far as the gameplay goes, it's excellent.
    Stealth mechanics are superb. interesting level design with multiple ways to complete each mission.
    The story decent, but my main gripe is the characters themselves: voice acting is meh, dialogues are boring and and overall pretty dull. plus the protagonist is silent so you don't really gets attacked to him. (although he is not customized)
    As far as the gameplay goes, it's excellent.
    Overall had a lot of fun, but could have been much better.
  90. Apr 27, 2014
    High replay-ability. Awesome story, graphics, environment, everything!
    Bethesda always seems to make great games, the DLCs are well worth it and add to the main story in a way not many can accomplish
  91. May 10, 2014
    Best game I ever played and I've played a lot. Beautiful dark and gritty steampunk setting and nice graphics. Even after two years it still works. But, don't be a fool and run around killing everyone. You'll finish the game in a few hours you're in for a bland and shallow experience like some critics here state. Try to play the game unnoticed by your enemies or at least try killing nobodyBest game I ever played and I've played a lot. Beautiful dark and gritty steampunk setting and nice graphics. Even after two years it still works. But, don't be a fool and run around killing everyone. You'll finish the game in a few hours you're in for a bland and shallow experience like some critics here state. Try to play the game unnoticed by your enemies or at least try killing nobody and you're in for hours of good, sometimes frustrating game play. Expand
  92. May 16, 2014
    Dishonored is a game that just feels right.
    It gets the game play perfect and cunningly inserts the use of steampunk weaponry and magic into a plot.
    I have never played a game quite like this one.
  93. May 18, 2014
    Great game, I couldn't stop playing it until I finished, went to sleep at midnight, woke up at 7 and continued.
    The game is a stealth/action game, with sooooo many choices. Can't wait to play all the DLCs and to replay the game a few times.
  94. Jun 2, 2014
    I found this game incredibly engaging, the first time I played it I hacked, slashed, gunned, and killed everything that I could and quickly discovered that my actions were affecting the entire game in a way I didn't like. I finished the game and went back to play it with stealth and loved the experience. I am not really an achievement chaser (in fact I usually just try to finish the gameI found this game incredibly engaging, the first time I played it I hacked, slashed, gunned, and killed everything that I could and quickly discovered that my actions were affecting the entire game in a way I didn't like. I finished the game and went back to play it with stealth and loved the experience. I am not really an achievement chaser (in fact I usually just try to finish the game and put it aside), yet I have replayed levels and the game a number of times attempting to best my last performance. I would put this game and Deus Ex: Human Revolution as two of my favorite games that I recently played, yet this one still comes out far ahead of Deus Ex. I found it far less linear and more enjoyable on replays. Overall, I would say this is one of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  95. Jun 9, 2014
    Dishonored is a great stealth-action game, with some enjoyable RPG elements. It's good, most of the time, despite poor AI and the unsatisfying ending.
  96. Jul 19, 2014
    A FUN stealth game, reminds a lot of the Thief series, very nice graphics, nice worlds and the City of Dunwall is fantastic although there is a little gloomy side of the city considering the plague... BUT! A fantastic game, very good work on behalf of Arkane Studios
  97. Jun 25, 2014
    Dishonored has been one of my favourite gaming experience. The story and the gameplay will change with your way of dealing with the enemies, which adds a replay value for those interested, and the special powers are very well integrated in the story.

The music is perfect, from the trailer to the last song of the game, making the atmosphere very dark and spooky Never have I been so

Never have I been so implicated in a storyline. I mean I REALLY wanted to kill the bad guys and I even realized at the end that I had just killed everyone in a rage run at some point, although I started the game all stealthy "because I was a good guy". The story really made me change my character's personality, and that's why I give a 9.5 to this game

The last 0.5 would have gone the a longer storyline. I think the story could have been longer, and the "special power" part a bit more developed.

Conclusion : A game for thieves and for warriors too, a fantastic journey in a dark world. Get it for nearly nothing on Steam !
  98. Jul 2, 2014
    Dishonored - Example of perfect game nowadays.
    The story, the gameplay, the theme, it's everything perfectly combined.
    In this Steampunk Stealth Action-Adventure FPS video game, you are a noble, who was dishonored, intentionally accused for a murder you haven't done and sent to prison. Your purpose is to become an assassin with given special powers and cleanse yourself! 10/10 Best
    Dishonored - Example of perfect game nowadays.
    The story, the gameplay, the theme, it's everything perfectly combined.

10/10 Best Stealth Game EVER
  99. Jul 7, 2014
    Fantastic game.
    Fantastic game.
    Interesting fact - the art director of this game also did Half Life 2. Notice how the enemies remind you of the combine and the technology is drawn from the same cloth. I bought this game on the stream sale last month and have played it several times. Sadly games like this do not come out very often but when they do it really shows just what this medium can offer as a way of telling stories.
  100. Jul 22, 2014
    This game deserves far more sales than it got. It feels like what the new Thief game should have been. The controls are tight, the story is interesting and the stealth mechanics work well. I have played through three times since I bought it at release and enjoyed it at all times. Probably my third favourite game, with only The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite surpassing it. HighlyThis game deserves far more sales than it got. It feels like what the new Thief game should have been. The controls are tight, the story is interesting and the stealth mechanics work well. I have played through three times since I bought it at release and enjoyed it at all times. Probably my third favourite game, with only The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite surpassing it. Highly recommended, especially since you can get it really cheap now.

Also, this is blatant bragging but I had the second highest score in the world for the "Back Alley Brawl" DLC for a few weeks at one point.

We can draw comparisons with other titles all day, but everything is based on something. Dishonored remains a unique gem in a beautiful, yet chaotic world, with flawless gameplay. [December 2012]
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Dishonored rarely challenges the players, but it doesn't take them for fools, either, so that's an achievement compared to other games in the genre. Just don't expect strokes of genius like the Shalebridge Cradle level from Thief: Deadly Shadows.
    Dishonored injects new life into stealth actions and their sophisticated worlds. Awesome work in every detail. [Nov 2012]