8.3

1. Apr 27, 2013
    This game is the best fps action game I have played in a long time. I do not understand what made Bioshock Infinite out-score this game. Gameplay, story, and progression are much better here, though Bioshock gets credit for its completely unique world. The only thing I can really complain about, which is minor, were inaccessible rooftops. This game really catered to my roof-hoppingThis game is the best fps action game I have played in a long time. I do not understand what made Bioshock Infinite out-score this game. Gameplay, story, and progression are much better here, though Bioshock gets credit for its completely unique world. The only thing I can really complain about, which is minor, were inaccessible rooftops. This game really catered to my roof-hopping fantasies, so when an inaccessible roof was encountered, I would get annoyed. When I completed the game I was not itching for more, so it will not receive a 10/10 from me, but I am still very eager for a sequel. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2012
    I haven't quite completed the game yet, but after 15 hours in (i'm quite close to the end, on normal difficulty with all ui elements disabled) I have more or less come to a conclusion about the game.

It's **** fantastic. Very well may be the best money I spent all year on games. The stealth is engaging, the combat is visceral, the story is interesting, the visuals (i.e. environment

It's **** fantastic. Very well may be the best money I spent all year on games.

The stealth is engaging, the combat is visceral, the story is interesting, the visuals (i.e. environment design, art direction) are phenomenal -- probably the best I've seen since say, Bioshock. I wish I could give it a 10, but there's minor issues here and there that keep it from being perfect -- but it's definitely above a 9. 9.5 maybe.

Wow!
  3. Oct 17, 2012
    Everything about this game was well designed. I loved the story and the quality of voice acting and characterization in this game was incredible. The characters had very good detailed models and the art style, although it can easily make you perceive the game to be bad graphics, was actually very good quality.

I didn't find the story short, however it was also not too long such that it

I didn't find the story short, however it was also not too long such that it felt as though it dragged on. I honestly think it was pretty much the perfect length. My only complaint is that one part of the game seemed unnecessarily boring and slow, a part in the sewers.
    Asides from that the story was well paced and enjoyably long, lasting a full week of quite high playtime. In my opinion, well worth the money

The mechanics were fluid and you could easily just spam off abilities and murder everyone crazily and the game will still be fun. I personally went for the stealth approach and still found the game incredibly enjoyable.

In terms of good design, the fact that steam achievements that pertained to the story were hidden to prevent spoiling the story blew my mind because it was the first time I had come across a developer taking such a simple step to keep the player experience from being spoiled.

Another example of good design I experienced was (to prevent spoilers I'll stay vague) when there was an escort type mission (there only was one) to protect a group of people, my initial reaction was eye-roll as my experiences with these types of missions tend to be me running around frantically diving in front of bullets secret service style in order to protect the mindlessly running NPC's.
    However what I actually found was that the NPC's would wait patiently and intuitively hide in their initial building beside an alley way until I stepped out into full view in the alley way, thereafter taking that as their cue to run across.

The levels were filled with lots of incredibly nice looking environments and lots of cool little side missions that you could stumble across if you were paying attention (saving a civilian from a bad situation involving guards that you can just stumble across, for example).

The characters were VERY thoroughly developed, with each character having a heap of voice lines to pull from at each stage of the game. On top of that there were audio logs and diaries that they kept. All three of these aspects would change as you progressed with the story.

I have to say, this game was the single most enjoyable game I've played in a long time.

Looking at other reviews I can see that people are making stupid comparisons with other games. People need to realise that not every game ever being made is trying to copy the same set of old games (either Half Life 2, Deus Ex or Bioshock), and stop being pretentious **** They made sequels to all those games and people are still not happy.

Also "Deus Ex" is NOT a GENRE of game.

Honestly, 10/10 would buy again.
  4. Oct 13, 2012

5. Oct 12, 2012
    WAY too easy! Even on very hard with all notifications off, cross hair off, using no bone charms and leveling up nothing ect the game is a cakewalk. There's not much challenge at all and it's a real shame.

It's still a great game but that really holds it back from being one the greatest games of all time.
  6. Oct 10, 2012
    Incredible. And I thought Borderlands 2 was GOTY. WOW. I'm blown away, it's a perfect mix of Bioshock, Deus EX and Assassins Creed, or it's a one of a kind masterpiece. Incredible. Just finished my second playthrough and it just keeps surprising you with all the choices you can make. Can't wait for round 3.
  7. Oct 9, 2012
    I've come to expect nothing less from Arkane. Dishonored is everything you could have hoped for in a new IP and more. The beauty and functionality of this game far exceed any idea of standards I may have had. Simply a joy to play....art in motion. Bravo.
  8. Oct 9, 2012
    I've played several hours of this game, and so far there's nothing to dislike in the slightest. Intricate and interesting plot/setting/characters, excellent stealth, fighting, etc. mechanics for your choice of play style, gorgeous painting-like graphics that run really easy on a system but look great, etc. My prediction that this would be the best singleplayer of 2012 looks like it's coming true.
  9. Mar 18, 2013
    Unique visuals, flexible gameplay and gorgeous environments give you countless options to take on the situation. The sad thing is: it's all kind of the same. Samuel brings you to a location, you eliminate the target, and again and again.
  10. Mar 24, 2013
    This game is so much fun The story is pretty good itself, the world is original, but at this point it wouldn't be worth 10/10. What makes Dishonored strenght is liberty not like in a GTA (open world, etc), but you can find your own way to reach your goal, there is always several paths to reach it, and depending on your powers and you personal goals (ghost each path can be played severalThis game is so much fun The story is pretty good itself, the world is original, but at this point it wouldn't be worth 10/10. What makes Dishonored strenght is liberty not like in a GTA (open world, etc), but you can find your own way to reach your goal, there is always several paths to reach it, and depending on your powers and you personal goals (ghost each path can be played several ways.
    In the end of the 15 hours of play, I've never felt so urged to start a new game to try other powers (you won't have all of them !)
    The only bad point would be that there are only a small set of powers available, if you add that to the fact you won't have all of them, you end up with a very limited set of skills. Hopefully there very well used, and you'll want to start another game to try the other ones.
  11. Nov 27, 2012
    First off, I suggest you don't read the hypercritical negative comments, as they will just poison your enjoyment of a game that has a lot to offer. Don't pay attention to comparisons with other games either, as they are mostly subjective and not objective. Don't read the professional reviewers, as they either love something effusively, give it lukewarm praise or hate it.

I never make a

I never make a decision on purchase made from ay of the above categories.

If you want to analyse a game, such as Dishonored, before you buy it, check out actual game play videos which abound on You Tube. The data you collect yourself from watching game play is all you need to make your own informed judgement.

I enjoyed Dishonored immensely. I love the graphics and the game play. I was not disappointed. And to the hypercritical negative commentators I say this: if you can do better then let us ee you do it.
  12. Nov 18, 2012
    I rarely play a game more than once or hunt for Achievements. A part of it has to do with the fact that I don't really have the time, but mostly I get bored while playing a game the second time.
    With Dishonored, I ended up doing 3 playthroughs and getting 1000G Gamerscore within 3 weeks. I can't really name any game that gives you the tools and says "Do whatever you want, it's your choice" and succeeds on a level that Dishonored does.
    Almost every choice affects the game somehow and there are so many different ways to play a mission that I found new things even during my 3rd playthrough.
    The athmosphere and art of the world is stunning and ambitious and never ceases to amaze, the story is solid and changes along with your decisions. And when I say changes I don't mean you'll unlock another ending - the world actually gets darker and more dangerous the more people you kill, the Empress' daughter you are searching for will actually see a role model in you and your behavior and change along with your decisions.
    This game had me on the edge of my seat, marveling at the many things it does right, but mostly of all at the fact that it is the first game that truly delivers on the saying "We give you the tools, you do what you want". Game of the Year for me, by a longshot and a recommendation to anyone that enjoys games where choices really do affect gameplay and the world around the protagonist.
  13. Mar 9, 2013
    Dishonored is the perfect mix between old games and new games. The game is presented with some old gameplay stiles. The first one which we can see is Thief's stealth system based on sounds and on darkness. The second is surely the "Bioshock Superpowers" that the main character has. The third one is a city very similar to City 17 (Half Life 2), in facts the city has been designed byDishonored is the perfect mix between old games and new games. The game is presented with some old gameplay stiles. The first one which we can see is Thief's stealth system based on sounds and on darkness. The second is surely the "Bioshock Superpowers" that the main character has. The third one is a city very similar to City 17 (Half Life 2), in facts the city has been designed by Antonov, Half Life's designer. If we consider main quest's length, we could see that is very short, but the levels could be repeated a lot of times, using different action methods and changing the difficult. The main character, Corvo Attano, is muted like Gordon Freeman and Mario due the developers who would to made silent character to have a better representation of themselves in the game. The other character, anyway, Emily, is very important for the game and for Corvo, in facts the two people will be united by an affection link, and this relationship will be very visible and moving. So, Dishonored is one of the best game I ever play, considered I played other big games like Bioshock, Deus Ex, Thief, Half Life and a lot of Elder Scrolls. If you love this games too, so you should absolutely try Dishonored. Expand
  14. Apr 10, 2013
    I never completed my first play through, because I tried to just kill everyone in my way, and it got kinda boring. However, I decided to give it a try, going stealth mode. I killed a grand total of 7 people through the game, and it was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, sneaking, knocking people out, running down unmarked side quests, and trying to find the best wayI never completed my first play through, because I tried to just kill everyone in my way, and it got kinda boring. However, I decided to give it a try, going stealth mode. I killed a grand total of 7 people through the game, and it was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, sneaking, knocking people out, running down unmarked side quests, and trying to find the best way to move about each level. The mechanics are great, but what really got me was the story, when the game ended, I felt like I just finished a great book, like a tiny piece of me had ended with the game. I know that sound ridiculous and exaggerated, but this really is the most captivating game I've ever played. It really isn't for everyone, but if it is your type of game, or you are just curious, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  15. Nov 23, 2012
    Lovely stealth game that presents great challenge on precision and execution. The story is good too but I can't really say I played it for that, but I will play through it again just to see what the other ending is and see what other ways I can go about completing my missions.
  16. Apr 10, 2013
    Dishonored is proof that there is hope that the video game industry can pull off something new and exciting. While not exactly groundbreaking, Dishonored is one helluva fun game. The setting is awesome, the characters are great and the abilities and weaponry are also really cool, especially Corvo's balisong-like sword. The main complaint with the game is that while the stealth approachDishonored is proof that there is hope that the video game industry can pull off something new and exciting. While not exactly groundbreaking, Dishonored is one helluva fun game. The setting is awesome, the characters are great and the abilities and weaponry are also really cool, especially Corvo's balisong-like sword. The main complaint with the game is that while the stealth approach does make the storyline less depressing, its quite boring. You go around choking people to unconsciousness and then hiding their bodies, it gets really old fast. It IS however, worth it storywise. As for the all out violent approach, while more fun it is not advisable. Corvo while an expert fighter and assassin is quite fragile and you should not try taking on more than three guards if you can. One would distract you into a swordfight while the others would take potshots out of you with their pistols which pack quite a punch. I also have problems with the powers as some are obviously more useful than others like the Blink ability. In fact, its probably the only one you'll ever need. Nonetheless, Dishonored is unique and while I wished the story was a little bit better, its easily my favourite game of 2012, fully deserving of the awards and recognition it gained. Expand
  17. Avi
    Dec 8, 2012
    Definitely worth playing. The level design is excellent, with a multitude of different ways to accomplish goals and reach certain areas. Developing a certain skill will open up different options for getting a task done. The magic skills that you can acquire are pretty interesting too - teleportation, possessing animals and people, slowing/stopping time, etc.

The atmosphere of the

The atmosphere of the world is probably the best part of this game - it has a gritty, steam-punk feel with Victorian era style technology and magic. The graphics are done in a manner that makes it look sort of like an oil painting - a very nice effect. My one major complaint is the that the stealth mechanics could have been done better. Hiding in shadows doesn't always keep you from being seen, even if you're also obscured by a thick bush or something. But it's not a deal-breaker, and so I only knocked one point off my score because of it.
  18. Sep 8, 2013
    Dishonored. What a story, what a game. It seems that anything Bethesda issues becomes success.
    In order to keep it short. Story is fantastic, diluted in beginning but later on shines like a diamond. I started the game on very hard mode with an objective to finish a game without killing hostile or civilian. However, the kidnapping of little girl and betrayal by your ''allies'' changed my mood from stealth thief to stealth assassin. I wanted justice. And that is what happens when the game is good. It changes your objectives and affects your gameplay. Like a good book. Once you finish it, you feel sorry there is no extra page somewhere hidden or you hope for a sequel.
    I will give 9,0 to Dishonored. The graphics is not top notch, and characters should have been better detailed, however everything else is pure 10.
  19. Aug 21, 2013
    A surprisingly good game. I was afraid of sneaking and those sneak-achievements, but after playing a while, it became a nice experience. Now, I can hardly imagine to play it violently.

The graphics is acceptable, the mechanics is good and the music is non-intrusive, except when it sounds too similar to the "you have been detected" sound. The music brought up some nice Fallout 3/NW memories.

One thing I kind of missed is the in-game progress on the collectibles and kill/detected counts; the collectibles show up temporarily, but the counts are shown only between missions, that is, hourly long missions.

Once played through, the locations can be easily memorized; in a achievement-hunter-friendly way, but what annoyed me somewhat were the unskippable boat-landing sequences.

I would give it 8.5
  20. Jun 22, 2013
    Game feels and looks great! Love the visual and artistic style of it, gameplay feels fresh and makes it replayable for several times with new outcomes and assassinations. Recommend for every assassin out there!
  21. Nov 22, 2012
    I just finished the game and I can say it's simply fantastic. Ignore all of the people saying it's "just hype" or "nothing new" because I honestly have no idea what these people are talking about. Dishonored offers it's own feel with a taste of cartoony graphics in a gritty steam punk world, with excellent and complex gameplay to compliment it. The story is good and though the missions areI just finished the game and I can say it's simply fantastic. Ignore all of the people saying it's "just hype" or "nothing new" because I honestly have no idea what these people are talking about. Dishonored offers it's own feel with a taste of cartoony graphics in a gritty steam punk world, with excellent and complex gameplay to compliment it. The story is good and though the missions are linear, the missions themselves are a sort of open area where there are many side missions. If you rush through the game like a lunatic you'll probably finish the game quick like a good number of foolish reviewers...but if you actually take your time and play the game it'll last a fair amount of time, maybe just a tad short. Make sure to note that the "choose your own way to do the mission" holds true throughout the entire game, Dishonored does this extremely well. It's not about making some original amazing breakthrough game that'll make you go insane with astonishment like many seem to think, it's about making a fun game. All in all, no what you say about how original or good it is, it's definitely a very fun game that's worth your time. Expand
  22. Jan 7, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant game. Combines intuitive mechanics and exciting gameplay with an enthralling story and strong graphics, Everything a game should be. This comes very highly recommended.
  23. Dec 1, 2012
    This how video games should be made. You can tell a lot of work went into it. Too short? Hardly. I would rather play a quick fun game than a long tedious bore fest.
  24. Jan 4, 2013
    Amazing game. I like the visuals, I like the voice acting, I like the plot, I like the killing animations. I like to be a puppeteer. I can choose if I want to be an angel of death or mercy. I never felt so much like an assassin in a game ever before. I like eavesdropping on my enemies. I like using my powers because they are actually useful. I like experimenting with my weapons and pushingAmazing game. I like the visuals, I like the voice acting, I like the plot, I like the killing animations. I like to be a puppeteer. I can choose if I want to be an angel of death or mercy. I never felt so much like an assassin in a game ever before. I like eavesdropping on my enemies. I like using my powers because they are actually useful. I like experimenting with my weapons and pushing my skills to the limit. I like Dishonored. Expand
  25. Mar 6, 2013
    Overall an awesome game that has this slight Half Life 2 feel to it because it has these huge walls blocking your way just like in HL2 and sometimes you can hear sounds in the background that sound very similar to some of the background sounds in HL2.
    Graphics are pretty and nice to look at. Environments are very detailed and just look amazing. There are plenty of places to explore and there are some little side quests you can do. Game mechanics mostly feel solid but teleporting does not want to work every time the way you want it to work. Sword fighting can be bit frustraiting because enemys tend to block your hits quite well and there are some enemys who become immune to your sword for a few seconds when they block.
    It is very easy to sneak around. AI seems to be blind in some cases and they don't see you when your above their heads.
    Story was good but nothing amazing
    Well... It would of been nicer if it had slightly bigger world and you had more freedom like you have in GTA or Assassins Creed but overall it was a nice experience and definitely one of the best games of 2012.
  26. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is amazing! Those who like stealth games will sure love this game. Great Graphics, Great story, everything in this game is perfect!

Great job Arkane Studios!!! 10!
  27. Apr 28, 2013
    So it took me a long time to finish my very first play through of Dishonored, I think thats partly down to my play style. I knew stealth would be too easy, and just fighting through the enemies offers little challenge unless I was playing on a harder mode. However as with most games that try to walk this black and white line of do good/bad I decided to try and be the most stealthy serialSo it took me a long time to finish my very first play through of Dishonored, I think thats partly down to my play style. I knew stealth would be too easy, and just fighting through the enemies offers little challenge unless I was playing on a harder mode. However as with most games that try to walk this black and white line of do good/bad I decided to try and be the most stealthy serial killer. Essentially imagine being Ezio from Assassins Creed but having the violent tendencies of Mr. Hyde ripping through enemies and you'd get a general idea. The main game mechanic at play here is the Good vs Evil debate of how you choose to play and for me there was one particular bit that made up my mind. You play Corvo, a man wrongly imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit, very much a wrong place, wrong time cliche, but thats fine. Your first act as Corvo is to break out of prison and this involves getting past all the guards. Its your choice obviously kill/sneak past. Initially I chose kill given that I was to be executed for a crime that I obviously didn't commit, yes unfortunately vengeance was in the forefront of my mind. So I hacked and slashed my way through. This posed very little of a moral quandary until I got to part 2 of the break out; escaping through the sewer. This is where I found one of the many notes you're bound to find spread across Dunwall. In this note a man told a short story of how he and his wife couldn't buy enough elixir to live on and that hopefully the fire they lit would keep the rats at bay. Very sad, I'm sure you'll agree. However what really got me was that when I put the note down and turned to leave there I found huddled together as lovers would these 2 people. I knew the more I killed people the more the disease would spread and I would be subjecting the innocent civilians of Dunwall to a plague that would kill them en mass. However after a quick peek at the achievements I realised that I'd already discounted myself from several of the available challenges and thought to myself "Screw it, onward and downward in my spiral of death and depravity but, this couple warrant a 2nd, peaceful playthrough". In that moment the writers had already convinced me to play peacefully but the real world satisfaction of achievements meant I had to do this twice... So be it.
    The game does have many fun little minor changes between good and evil choices made by the player. Its a wonderful system that pays off, but maybe you won't realise until you too have played a 2nd more drastically different playthrough. However before I jump into some of the fun facets of the Good v Evil outcomes, one of the things the game does is something that even larger developers with bigger games have done and it never works. At the beginning before you're imprisonment you must meet the Empress and her Daughter Emily. Through reasons that are later explained the Empress is killed and her daughter kidnapped right in front of you and you are left to take the blame. Now I have a problem with this. As a player I'm meant to have some sort of attachment to the Empress and Emily, these 2 women I hardly know and they instantly go and kill one and remove another. Why should I care? I don't know these people, I haven't had time to build an actual immersive relationship with these people enough to care that they're gone. It comes across as more of a "...Oh, tough scenario not a "Oh my god NO!" moment that the writers clearly want me to have (fallout 3 did this with the Users Dad). Its unfortunate that writers keep seeming to think that I'll care if someone I don't know but am supposed to, dies. It just brings me out of the experience. However you do build an emotional bond to Emily through the game later as you see her change with what's gone on, but the fact that I'm punished so unfairly is a better emotional hot poker in order to get me taking action.
    So the repercussions of Good vs Evil are one of my favourite tiny mechanics at work here. For instance if you kill everyone you come across when you do talk to Emily later in the game she's far more dark and emo, at one point she draws a picture and on an Evil playthrough you see something that I'd imagine Damien the Devil Child would create, however on a Good playthrough Emily draws sweet child crap like Rainbows (Don't think any of the writers stretched their imaginations there, but still its a nice touch). Also part of the Game involves your use of magical mystic powers given to you by some spectral being called simply "The Outsider" (which does sound like a nickname given to the weird kid at school with a snot bubble). On a Good playthrough he appears as he did the very first time you saw him, however after slaughtering your way through Dunwall for the 5th time he appears more darkened and a scarier being overall which is probably the most appropriate thing.

See my full review at willza99.wordpress.com, thanks for reading
  28. sft
    Aug 11, 2014
    There’s a rat in the kitchen -- and everywhere else

There’s a rat in the kitchen -- and everywhere else

I loved this game and can find only one fault with it (more about that later). Arkane Studios have created a compelling game that ticks just about all the right boxes for me. It looks great, with very striking design and a unique painterly style. The city of Dunwall is beautifully realised and is a joy to explore. The gameplay successfully fuses the use of powers and weapons and the choice between stealth and combat is nicely balanced. The mission design is quite varied and allows for a number of ways to complete each one, thus offering decent replay value. The voice acting is always convincing, thanks to a star-studded cast, and the story is reasonable, although not strikingly original. Where it falls short is in the level of humour. Aside from one amusing line about someone not wearing pants I don’t recall there being many laughs along the way. And that’s a shame, because if not for the lack of humour I would have given DISHONORED a full score.
  29. Aug 13, 2013
    This is a good game with good combat that works well.The game looks nice and you can see the effort that went into designing it i would recommend this to someone to play butt the game would probably not be right for everybody.
  30. Aug 6, 2013
    I well and truly loved Dishonored. Of all on the games I have played over the past few years it is one of only and handful which has managed to distance itself from the crowds and shine about them. The world of Dunwall is immerse and alive, every character from the lowliest guardsman, to the lord regent himself, appears as an individual with his or her own personality. Like a Victorian oilI well and truly loved Dishonored. Of all on the games I have played over the past few years it is one of only and handful which has managed to distance itself from the crowds and shine about them. The world of Dunwall is immerse and alive, every character from the lowliest guardsman, to the lord regent himself, appears as an individual with his or her own personality. Like a Victorian oil painting come to life, Dishonored's unique graphics blend the brackish and the bright into a chiaroscuro world that silhouettes both the best and worst in mankind. While the game's main story is very average, the choices it gives you throughout allow the player to breathe life and detail into an otherwise unimpressive narrative. Yet what really stands out in the world of Dunwall is just that, Dunwall. The city, and universe as a whole, combine a creative setting with enough information to allow the player to truly believe in the universe they are playing in. Combat feels visceral, if a bit simplistic and the gadgets and powers all have unique effects which synergize to create a strong range of options for every encounter. While stealth imposes restrictions upon these its role within the story and the satisfying feeling of completing a level both undetected and without kills more than make up for it. There are a few minor bugs which can frustrate (particularly when playing on hard/hardest) but the game runs very smoothly and is a true pleasure to immerse yourself in. Expand
  31. Jun 6, 2014
    Excellent game, i enjoyed a lot this game, very good looking graphics, good ambientation, very comfortable controls, hope this game is the first of a succesfull franchise. The storyline is very complete, with pros and contras, but looking at the details you can see how well designed this game is. The only problem i have was with some executions, too quick executions, not too creative. TheExcellent game, i enjoyed a lot this game, very good looking graphics, good ambientation, very comfortable controls, hope this game is the first of a succesfull franchise. The storyline is very complete, with pros and contras, but looking at the details you can see how well designed this game is. The only problem i have was with some executions, too quick executions, not too creative. The enemy IA is okay, and you can go around being stealth or fighting like a man, i love the realistic effects in the combat system. The game is linear but at the same time it give you the oportunity to explore and search for runes and stuff, rescue people or just enjoy the beautiful landscapes. Overall is a great game, but it is not perfect. I totally recommend this game, it's a very decent release. Expand
  32. Jul 18, 2014
    What a great game. I love it that I was given the choice to avoid killing, and I made it all the way through my first run without killing a single person. I sat down for my next run, intending to try the game with a different tack... and still didn't kill anyone. It just didn't make sense that a man who was trying to prove his innocence of one murder would kill other people in thatWhat a great game. I love it that I was given the choice to avoid killing, and I made it all the way through my first run without killing a single person. I sat down for my next run, intending to try the game with a different tack... and still didn't kill anyone. It just didn't make sense that a man who was trying to prove his innocence of one murder would kill other people in that process, and the game's ability to answer that throws a harsh light on so many other redemption stories in which more killing is mandatory.

The AI is not the best, to say the least, which is problematic for a stealth game. In some ways, their predictable natures and poor decision-making skills makes the NPCs into useful opponents; you can watch their patterns and wait for your moment. However, this does knock you out of the game a little bit and makes the clockwork of the game too apparent when it should be invisible, and it also diminishes your own feelings of smartness when you outwit these stupid guards.

Another downside is that in order to connect with the story, you have to scour every area and find some essential messages that are hidden behind secret walls. It would be very easy not to see some vital story notes even if you were being pretty careful about hunting around, and that's a problem. We're looking at a game which, although environments have many branches, are mostly quite tight pathways within themselves. I guess that these little gems were hidden away with the expectation that almost all players would be motivated to hunt them all, but my conversations with many Dishonored players proves otherwise - I knew many things that they did not.

Overall though, this is a great game with a new movement mechanic, and the DLC is for once not only good but essential - some of the best moments of the game are inside that extra content.
  33. Oct 6, 2014
    Amazing game! The gameplay is simply awesome. There are so many ways to tackle missions that this game deserves more than one playthrough. The setting and environments are really fantastic as this game takes inspiration from other great titles like Thief, Half-Life 2 and Bioshock and they did a good job at giving it a unique feel. I played really badass on my first playthrough and nowAmazing game! The gameplay is simply awesome. There are so many ways to tackle missions that this game deserves more than one playthrough. The setting and environments are really fantastic as this game takes inspiration from other great titles like Thief, Half-Life 2 and Bioshock and they did a good job at giving it a unique feel. I played really badass on my first playthrough and now I plan to play it again, entirely stealthy.
    In short, this is a must!
  34. Jun 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dishonored is a great adventure. From start to finish, the game packs an incredible amount of action and stealth that can perfectly be mixed up to a point where you swap from one to another nicely with no interference.

The game puts you in the place of a betrayed guardian who is entitled to work out his reputation back by helping the rebellion to rescue the empress daughter, and to take back the throne. Most (if not all) of the missions encompass a set of goals, which ultimately take you to the assassination of a key character. At the end, you're an assassin, and killing is a key gameplay part of this game.

Though this could be considered as repetitive at first, the game's design and plot makes it pretty interesting and worth to look out, specially considering all the ways you have at your disposal to achieve your goal, and Bethesda has proven that they are very skilled at providing a good dose of variety for this.

Although the story is somewhat empty at first, evolving along the main character is a rewarding experience, just as much as the silent kills. Using the special powers is a very entertaining feat, and the AI is well-developed, responsive and interactive at any given time.

In resume, I have found that Dishonored is a great experience for the fans of Splinter Cell, Thief, Deus Ex and the Matrix, and it packs enough action to get FPS fans into its arena, and enough creativity to entertain while never disappointing. If you have yet to play it, go and grab a copy. You won't regret it.
  35. Nov 9, 2013
    I cannot deny my love for this game, and it's been a long time coming for a review. Also, I am not being paid to do favorable reviews FOR ANY GAME. That is the most garbage, disgustingly cynical, and annoying thing any gamer would think about other people. It's strange too, because Dishonored is exactly what cynical gamers wanted, but apparently even that is not good enough, so let themI cannot deny my love for this game, and it's been a long time coming for a review. Also, I am not being paid to do favorable reviews FOR ANY GAME. That is the most garbage, disgustingly cynical, and annoying thing any gamer would think about other people. It's strange too, because Dishonored is exactly what cynical gamers wanted, but apparently even that is not good enough, so let them drown in their own sea of irony they created themselves by crying about how games are awful now compared to retro or older games. Moronic retro hippies, gosh darn it! I bet if this was a sidescroller pixel game, they'd think it was amazing. Idiots.

Alright, now I got that off of my chest, let's talk Dishonored. I had this game for awhile already, but it earns some of my highest accolades for being the only stealth game I enjoy immensely. I don't like stealth games, for the most part, but this somehow reeled me in. First, I was immediately drawn in by the beautifully rendered setting. A dark sort of steampunk setting where instead of steam as a powersource, it's whale oil. Within this setting, you have absolute freedom to choose where you want to go, and when. There are hidden items everywhere in these places, and loot lovers like me eat that right up! However, it is mostly in a controlled, smaller environment that never feels too linear. Each mission within these areas can be completed in any way you want as you have so many awesome abilities, equipment, and accessories to help you with them. The combat is annoying and honestly far too difficult, even with my favorite spell, Slow Time, but you have that choice! I just hope you find a better way to deal with foes if you want to go on a murder spree. Otherwise, prepare for annoying cheapshots every second during combat!

Also, your choices do matter in these environments. It makes you think hard about killing, and whether or not it is the right thing to do. You can change the course of the game by these decisions, with some choices causing more of the zombies called "Weepers" to appear in later areas, or security to greatly tighten in other areas. Each area, by the way, being a mission. But even then, you can take a break from the tough decision making and go on plenty of side missions, which is an awesome bonus! You can even spend your hard earned money on upgrades, which is also great as well. I am a fan of that kind of game mechanic!

Anyways, Dishonored, as well as all of its DLC, is amazing. If you don't like it, then so be it. Just be careful, because Corvo might be in the dark, waiting to punish the haters.
  36. Jul 20, 2013
    I honestly thought 2012 was a bad year in gaming, but I explored some additional releases that slipped by me recently, and Dishonored left me astonished with its phenomenal gameplay, an engrossing story and some unforgettable characters. The silent protagonist Corvo, the innocent little Emily, and the spooky Outsider are some remarkably interesting characters. Unfortunately though,I honestly thought 2012 was a bad year in gaming, but I explored some additional releases that slipped by me recently, and Dishonored left me astonished with its phenomenal gameplay, an engrossing story and some unforgettable characters. The silent protagonist Corvo, the innocent little Emily, and the spooky Outsider are some remarkably interesting characters. Unfortunately though, that’s where the list of memorable characters ends. There’s no distinguishable antagonist and we’re given little to no background information on Corvo’s assassination targets. Besides the bizarre chaos system, the gameplay feels like a hybrid of Deus Ex and Bioshock, and it’s literally flawless. Gameplay is very smooth and hotkeys allow fluid transitions between secondary weapons/powers during combat. Players can collect unique equipment called bone charms and use them to fit their playing style.

Throughout the game, I was reluctant to kill *everyone* because not all of Corvo’s targets were necessarily evil and corrupt aristocrats, so I wanted to deviate from the ordinary assassination tactic, and thanks to Dishonored’s versatile gameplay mechanics, I got to. During a mission, you’re given “Lethal” and “Non-Lethal” methods of dealing with your target. In addition to the replay value, the versatile gameplay mechanics immerses you into Dishonored and enhances its story.

The chaos system itself isn’t the problem, it’s how this new feature was implemented into the game. Simply killing a hostile enemy will raise the overall chaos rating and ultimately make Dunwall a gloomier city. It’s not necessarily “difficult” to maintain a low chaos rating, but I did pass up on some awesome combat opportunities in effort to keep my chaos rating at bay. Fortunately, Dishonored gives the player leeway and won’t punish you for taking advantage of some fun assassination opportunities.
  37. Jan 18, 2014
    [DISHONORED SteamPC Score10] One of the best games I have ever played. Play as a Master Assassin and Bodyguard framed for the death of the Queen. Get thrown into the dungeon, escape, take revenge. Play with Stealth or Action, Level up and choose Skills for Magic and others. Released Oct 2012 and played 9 months later. Add to cart with all the DLC. Enjoy this game smoothie….

[DRM] Steam

[DRM] Steam only, thank goodness there is no GamesForWindowsLive on this title, nor Uplay, nor Origin. I did not have to create an alternative account.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8G RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / Logitech G15 / Kensington ExpertMouse / Sennheiser HD600

[NowPlaying] BrokenAge [MyFavorites] [Win7] TombRaider Dishonored TheKnifeOfDunwall TheBrigmoreWitches TheDreamMachine Ep1-4 30FlightsOfLoving Fez BioshockInfinite Antichamber Stacking Metro2033 Rochard Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] Papo&Yo DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born 1964 I do not know anybody who works in the game industry ~ I just enjoy games : - ]
  38. Jan 25, 2014
    You can tell there's a lot of work behind this game. Very good graphic with its "comic book" style and so "dark" you will really immerse in this plagued world. Level design and non-linear ways of completing missions is the best part of this title. But ... at the end it's not that long and even it the game authors think you will replay it a lot of times... i think you won't. Buy it if itYou can tell there's a lot of work behind this game. Very good graphic with its "comic book" style and so "dark" you will really immerse in this plagued world. Level design and non-linear ways of completing missions is the best part of this title. But ... at the end it's not that long and even it the game authors think you will replay it a lot of times... i think you won't. Buy it if it comes cheap. You will have fun. Expand
  39. Aug 8, 2013
    An amazing game.

Stealth, action and narrative are all top notch here, Having played through the base game I literally can't understand some of these low score reviews they make no sense to me. The combat is fluid and with the various magic powers at your disposal, fun and varied. The stealth works intuitively and is one of the better examples of the genre. The world is amazing
    An amazing game.

The stealth works intuitively and is one of the better examples of the genre.

The world is amazing and deeply intriguing, if the game has a flaw it is compared to how interesting the world is some of the characters seem shallow and that at some points near the end the games limited funding shows (but just barely)

I usually reserve a 10 for games I feel people are unfairly bashing en-mass. Not so this time, a true gem of a game definitely worth experiencing.
  40. stg
    Dec 30, 2012
    Pretty awesome. The graphics are just good, but the gameplay is great fun. This game is very much structure toward stealth, so don't buy it unless you like the genre.

The universe of Dishonored is a steampunk city half destroyed by plague, and is fairly well executed. You can go around killing everyone (but you better keep it stealthy because you won't survive being attacked by

You can go around killing everyone (but you better keep it stealthy because you won't survive being attacked by several enemies at once), slip around, or put them to sleep. You can also upgrade several magical powers, such as teleporting sort distances, slowing or freezing time, having enemies turn to ashes as you kill, and much more.
  41. Jan 21, 2014
    Based in a fictional setting of Dunwall, Dishonored tells us an interesting story of political corruption, betrayal, oppression and resistance, and of course lots and lots of death, whether it’s at the hands of the plague or the never-ending conflict that goes on. The immersive setting and nice story-telling are then assisted with gameplay that gives the player a chance to tackle everyBased in a fictional setting of Dunwall, Dishonored tells us an interesting story of political corruption, betrayal, oppression and resistance, and of course lots and lots of death, whether it’s at the hands of the plague or the never-ending conflict that goes on. The immersive setting and nice story-telling are then assisted with gameplay that gives the player a chance to tackle every challenge in their own way.

What I greatly enjoyed about Dishonored is the diversity in which it allows you to approach its challenges. It’s a similar style of gameplay as the Deus Ex games. The player can go in with stealth, or they can go guns blazing, or maybe to try some diplomacy, or even to mix and match all of those. Even the primary targets can be handled in ways other than violence. That’s right – it is possible to complete the game without killing any major antagonist.

Depending on how the player handles each mission, they will acquire either high chaos or low chaos. Being merciful, using non-lethal ways of taking down regular enemies, and not triggering alarms all lead to low chaos, which in turn leads to a good ending. The opposite leads to high chaos and hence a bad ending. This greatly adds to the replayability of the game and makes it interesting to complete it at least twice.

Apart from standard weapons and equipment used in each mission, the player also learns supernatural powers throughout the gameplay. They can do so by acquiring special runes which are found in many areas of the game. Many of these powers are very interesting and provide excellent opportunities to try out new and creative ways of getting past a challenge at hand. Perhaps the most commonly used power is Blink, which allows the player to quickly teleport short distances from one cover to another, which is extremely useful for stealthy gameplay. There are several great powers to use, but the ones that stood out the most to me were Possession, which allows the protagonist to possess rats and other small animals and to get through small crawlspaces this way, Dark Vision, which allows the player to see nearby enemies through walls, and Bend Time, with which the player can temporarily slow, and with an upgrade completely stop, the time.

There are few minor things to criticise about Dishonored, like the lack of ways to take out the enemies non-lethally (sleep darts and upclose seem like the only ways), or how sometimes enemy AI and behaviour can be a bit unpredictable. The ending also felt a bit rushed, but once I got to the end of the game, I realised that it’s not so much the ending that’s important in games like these, but the journey itself. All those are just small drawbacks and were nothing compared to the unforgettable experience the game as a whole provided to me. A single playthrough may go for only 15-20 hours, but each minute of that playthrough keeps you fully immersed in the game’s rich and somewhat gloomy steampunk setting, not to mention its great replay value.
  42. Jan 13, 2014
    Fantastic game. Real gem.

+story, atmosphere, design (of everything from costumes to levels),gameplay, world changes and reacts to your actions (reminds me of first Deus Ex).

-sometimes too easy with all the powers player have
  43. Mar 17, 2013
    A truly well-written game with a high fun factor. With this game, you really get the whole package in terms of gameplay mechanics. Whether you take the low profile stealth road, chaotic brute force combat road or anything in between, it's all very enjoyable and addicting. The same goes for the setting and atmosphere. The amount and combination of awesome weapons, powers and manyA truly well-written game with a high fun factor. With this game, you really get the whole package in terms of gameplay mechanics. Whether you take the low profile stealth road, chaotic brute force combat road or anything in between, it's all very enjoyable and addicting. The same goes for the setting and atmosphere. The amount and combination of awesome weapons, powers and many player-determined plot directions add to the replay value immensely. However, I do have a few issues with the game. First off, there could have been so much more. I thought the game was a bit short, and given the many creative gameplay mechanics, I felt there was acres of room the game could have used up to be better. It was like a child receiving an amazing new toy, but had very limited time to play with it. Second, the dialogue. The dialogue in the game is well done, but it's easy to notice that it's also a little lazy. For a game with such great gameplay and atmosphere, some of the voice acting comes off as rushed and emotionless. This is noticed the most by the dialogue given by enemies, where it gets repetitive and senseless. Lastly, the characters. Whether the characters are enemies, allies or neutral, not too many of them have uniqueness and can come off as characters that are there just for the sake of just being there and not establishing much connection. I didn't find myself having intended dispositions of some characters when I was intended to. Overall, a brilliant game and definitely falls into the "something every kind of gamer should play" category. Expand
  44. Nov 15, 2012
    I think the most unique part of this game is that you get to choose the level of violence or stealth that you will use to complete the game. The main story in the game is sort of interesting, but nothing new; i.e., hero saving the damsel at the end of the game. Also, you aren't overwhelmed with hundreds of side missions--there are some, but the amount is manageable. Some may disagree withI think the most unique part of this game is that you get to choose the level of violence or stealth that you will use to complete the game. The main story in the game is sort of interesting, but nothing new; i.e., hero saving the damsel at the end of the game. Also, you aren't overwhelmed with hundreds of side missions--there are some, but the amount is manageable. Some may disagree with me, but I get confused when there are too many side mission. All in all, this is a good game, but I would suggest waiting until the price drops before buying this one. Expand
  45. Mar 27, 2013
    "History repeats itself". Dishonored, a "new word" in stealth-action games is just old book in buatiful new cover. But it still good book. "Thief" for this generation
  46. Nov 16, 2012
    This is a really good game with lots of freedom on user's hands. Not only you can choose between hack and slash or stealth mode, but both ways of playing are well done and nicely balanced. What's more, you usually have half a dozen completely different ways to penetrate a heavily fortified building.
    The only drawback is the lack of longevity, but that's become a usual problem in modern gaming industry.
    All in all, the game is worth your time.
  47. Aug 3, 2013
    I'm a bit late in playing this title, but I felt compelled to write this review, as I have just completed Dishonored. Dishonored puts you in the role of Corvo, royal protector of the Empress of a fictional kingdom. The Empress is murdered early into the story and you are blamed for her death, and sent to be executed. You must escape from execution, and find the real killers of theI'm a bit late in playing this title, but I felt compelled to write this review, as I have just completed Dishonored. Dishonored puts you in the role of Corvo, royal protector of the Empress of a fictional kingdom. The Empress is murdered early into the story and you are blamed for her death, and sent to be executed. You must escape from execution, and find the real killers of the Empress and ensure that her daughter becomes the new Empress. As the royal protector, you are versed in various forms of weaponry including swords, guns, bombs, and sabotage equipment. Additionally, you gain supernatural powers such as teleporting, x-ray vision, and various other very cool powers that help you traverse the world. Your enemies include plague victims that have gone mad, as well as royal soldiers, and a few creatures. There's tesla coils that you must either disable or sabotage so that they kill your enemies, and other like contraptions designed to keep order. Dishonored uses the Unreal Engine, so it is very beautiful to look at, and very stable. The art style is sort of a cartoony Victorian steampunk style, and works nicely with the game engine. Sound and music are nice, and the voice work is top notch. This game feels a lot like Dark Messiah Might and Magic, which incidentally was made by the same people, and although that game was not very well received due to bugs and technical problems it had right out of the gate. I feel like this game is the spiritual successor to Dark Messiah Might and Magic, but with all of the flaws worked out. I would definitely recommend this game for anyone who likes stealth action or first person shooters. Expand
  48. Apr 17, 2013
    4/17/2013
    Picked this game up as it was on sale. A lot of fun, not sure I would have paid full price, but as long as you play the game with what it presents, it is well worth the time you take to put into it. I enjoyed it a lot, but you can play in two ways, from point A to B, or checking all the areas and really trying to kill no one and remain hidden and get all the goals.
    Althought,
    4/17/2013
    Althought, it is lacking in a lot of areas such as abilities and weapons, it is well worth $30.
  49. Nov 15, 2012
    Dishonored is an interesting game. Nice artistically done environments. Great voice overs. Multi point access to the areas and objectives. Two ways to play game. And over all believable world with a lot of details and back story's. I wish we would see more games like this than clone FPS games.
  50. Jun 15, 2014
    Gameplay is top notch. The ability to take different paths through levels makes for interesting capabilities and plenty of replay value. I recommend playing the game at least twice, once killing everyone and one killing nobody (particularly to compare the differences in the end-game).

It's actually easier to play the game when killing is allowed, as if you make a mistake on a stealthy attack, you can expect nearby hostiles to notice you, and there's very few non-lethal ways to take out enemies (which is kind of disappointing). For example, the tallboys cannot be taken out in a non-lethal way at all. Similarly, most weapons and traps are lethal.

One major complaint I have is how light is not very useful. The main problem is that with the exception of candles, you cannot take out light sources.

The AI is typically fairly believable. One thing in particular that I liked was how the guards would notice if there should have been other guards in an area. However, you'll occasionally hear guards muttering about "knowing you're there" when they haven't seen you or any evidence of you. Guards also suck at vertical vision. You just need a little height advantage and you're as good as invisible.

The story is somewhat weak. It's fairly predictable and cliched. The environments, however, are top notch in terms of detail and immersion. I could do with the game being a little longer (my non-lethal, all collectables playthrough took approximately 15 hours), but with the replay value, Dishonored is a solid title for approximately 30 hours of play.
  51. Jan 3, 2013
    Great game, one of my all time favorite FPS-games for PC, and probably the only one I've started over the second I finished it the first time. What keeps it from scoring higher than 8 is the lack of multiplayer and rather short story-mode.
  52. Jul 23, 2013
    An absolute 10; best game I've ever played.
    An absolute 10; best game I've ever played.
    My game style: I love playing spy in TF2, I like Portal, and I like some elements of Hitman. This game has all those elements and then some. Thank you to the team who built this piece of art, a lot of thought was put into everything, the powers, the maps, etc.. .it is VERY well thought out and the user experience is greatly benefited from this.
    It was easily the most immersive gaming experience I've had, this was the first time I played a game and felt like I really was there, especially the mansions. The art direction was done so well, I took my time in some maps just to admire the buildings, they were so fun to explore (I only wish more variety in the paintings, why would there be copies of the same painting in one mansion?). And I love that there's secrets to find, the maps can often be done however you want, stealth or guns blazing you are not forced to play a certain way, while not open world, it's certainly not rigid linear.
    The game took me about 9 hours to beat. I have started the DLCs and they are already worth getting. I hope they produce more and hope there is some sort of sequel. I would actually recommend playing the City Trials DLC FIRST so you understand how the powers work and know which ones you want to upgrade, if I had known I would have played it a little differently.
    My only regret is that I waited for this to come on sale, it's worth the full price, don't wait!!
  53. Vex
    Jul 27, 2013
    Easily one of the best stealth FPS games I've played in years. Unlike predictable on-rails shooters that seem to be everywhere these days, this game provides you with amazing freedom as to how to approach various situations and problems. Want to go in guns blazing and destroying your enemies by invoking swarms of rats that are going to eat them alive? No problem. Want to possess a fish inEasily one of the best stealth FPS games I've played in years. Unlike predictable on-rails shooters that seem to be everywhere these days, this game provides you with amazing freedom as to how to approach various situations and problems. Want to go in guns blazing and destroying your enemies by invoking swarms of rats that are going to eat them alive? No problem. Want to possess a fish in a river and enter the complex through the sewer system? The game supports that. There is an enormous amount of latitude the player is allowed when it comes to dealing with various scenarios.

The writing is really good and the storyline has some awesome twists and turns. The game employs the so called "chaos system" that keeps track of how much chaos you inflict on the world and dynamically adjusts the way the world responds to your actions. If you murder a lot of people, there are going to be more rats, plague, violent responses from guards and the world is just going to be a more miserable place. If you take a more merciful approach, it leads to a more stable world. What you do in the world also determines what game ending you will get.

The music and art are superb and really contribute to the feeling of being in a dystopic steampunk world overrun by plague and oppressive government.

If you liked Deus Ex Human Revolution, you don't want to miss out on this game.
  54. Nov 16, 2012
    This is a really good game and Im glad I purchased it. On the down sides it is a fairly short game even when doing every side quest and collecting every item, also the story isn't really anything special pretty predictable and kind of silly. But on the plus side it has great re-playability because of the small but fun variety of powers. The options in this game unlike others are actuallyThis is a really good game and Im glad I purchased it. On the down sides it is a fairly short game even when doing every side quest and collecting every item, also the story isn't really anything special pretty predictable and kind of silly. But on the plus side it has great re-playability because of the small but fun variety of powers. The options in this game unlike others are actually widely varied and you feel accomplished when you find the new path where you didn't expect to find one. After the 3rd run through in a 3 week period I was still finding new ways time after time to accomplish tasks in different was utilizing different powers. Melee combat is also improved over your typical slash block with shield gameplay of most sword wielding games. Expand
  55. Aug 28, 2013
    This has to be one of the best Waste of time I have ever spent my Computer. I have enjoyed this one to the Max.

I know some will say Graphics could be improved, but I say to them game play is more important that Graphics, and there is nothing wrong with the Graphics of this game in any way that detours from the story or immersion. [ I will say the Girls in the game are some very ugly

[ I will say the Girls in the game are some very ugly choices in graphics design, but this is more of an artistic choice of the makers I believe than there actual talents at making pretty girls.]

1. If you like stealth games this is near if not at the top of the list.

2. If you like aggressive play, melee, ranged, explosive. again this is near or at the top of the list.

3. if you like plot twists, and optional choices in how to do a level, then this is at the top of the list.

4. if you like having some alternate ending's according to your choices, this one has that. Which makes replaying it a must
    not only for the choice's in endings, but also for the many, many optional ways to beat a level.

5.The DLC's are actually worth the money, and as good as the original, with many twists.

6. Hands down one of the best games I have played in years. I wish I could give it a higher score
  56. Feb 11, 2014
    This game is probably one of the most enjoyable I've played in a while. The world they made for this game is extremely interesting, and the atmosphere easily makes half the game. The missions are extremely detailed with multiple routes to take to the objective, although I'll have to point out that in a way the game black mails you into nonlethal solutions by giving you a "worse" endingThis game is probably one of the most enjoyable I've played in a while. The world they made for this game is extremely interesting, and the atmosphere easily makes half the game. The missions are extremely detailed with multiple routes to take to the objective, although I'll have to point out that in a way the game black mails you into nonlethal solutions by giving you a "worse" ending the more people you kill. While the high chaos ending where you killed a lot of people isn't happy, it's in my opinion the best one since I feel it fits with the overall theme of the game. The game is very polished, I only encountered a bug after 30 hours of playing. It's also very replayable, I was amazed at how much I over looked in the game when I played it the second time. The stealth and combat are very good and you have a great variety of abilities which let you do a lot of creative ways to get through things, and it's true variety, not just 30 weapons that all do the same thing. The only ability that's bad is dark vision, not because it's not useful, but because it's too useful and it feels like cheating to be able see basically everything of interest through walls at such a low mana usage. Otherwise the gameplay is great, but not hard enough. The guards can easily kill you if you insist on only using sword, but if you mix things up it's not very difficult, with some exceptions. I gave this game a 10/10 not because it was perfect but because there was nothing more you could really expect out of it that would significantly improve it. Hopefully in the next game they make it a little harder, because right now it's way to easy to get out of combat once you're in it most times, and they should remove dark vision and replace it with something else like telekinesis to pull things to you or something. Expand
  57. Dec 29, 2012
    At first I thought this game was boring, it took awhile for me to get into it. This is defiantly a stealth game so if you like stealth games I highly suggest it, if your like me and like at least some action it will take awhile for you to get into it. Regardless this was still a great game and a pretty good story.
  58. Jul 5, 2013
    I will preface this with the fact that I am a big stealth/action story driven game fan. Dishonored is an incredible game in many ways. The lore of the world that Arkane has created is deep and well fleshed out in this moderately long gem. There were times where I would do a beautiful stealth run and the next mission blow it but recover and simply go about killing and giving up much ofI will preface this with the fact that I am a big stealth/action story driven game fan. Dishonored is an incredible game in many ways. The lore of the world that Arkane has created is deep and well fleshed out in this moderately long gem. There were times where I would do a beautiful stealth run and the next mission blow it but recover and simply go about killing and giving up much of the stealth approach. The game leans toward a more stealthy and non-lethal approach with the level of chaos determining just how rough the world is for you to survive.

The graphics are gorgeous and the art style is very Steam Punk, which I happen to enjoy. Corvo is unfortunately a silent protagonist which is a shame but I can live with it. The story is deep and VERY dark. Well written dialogue and limited but impactful cut scenes really help to carry the story without getting in the way.

If you like gadgets, a sort of limited magic, stealth and action with a design that allows for either or both within a single mission and a truly unique and engaging but not very attractive grungy steam punk world you will love Dunwall and enjoy Corvo and all that Dishonored has to offer.

At this point you can find Dishonored for as little as $24 and its a steal. There are only 9 missions but I played it and completed all of the optional mission objectives and got 21 hours of solid play time.
  59. Aug 5, 2013
    What i really love about this game is that it gives you the freedom to choose how to kill your enemies or not(stealth approach).The game is very good at storytelling,combat and at last but not least establishing a steampunk Victorian London look a like(Dunwall city).I think that when it came out it was and it still is a a breath of fresh air in videogame industry.
  60. Nov 28, 2012
    Fist off, I would like to say that gimmethatsanwitch CLEARLY did not play the whole game. The plot is amazing,and the game is fun. My only qualm is that it takes awhile to get used to the controls.
  61. Aug 19, 2013
    wow i really loved the entire game, and i'm just done with the 3 DLC i hope for a fourth one haha. The game is awesome and always you'll want to walk for differents roads to get at the point.
  62. Nov 22, 2012
    I would have to give this game an 8.5 Let me tell you whats wrong first...I brought it down to a 9 because I hate to say it....repetitive...repetitive game play... Yes there are different ways to do each mission but there just are not enough powers to make it not seem repetitive. What brought it down to an 8.5 from a 9 is the fact that the ending was poorly put together. All the decisionI would have to give this game an 8.5 Let me tell you whats wrong first...I brought it down to a 9 because I hate to say it....repetitive...repetitive game play... Yes there are different ways to do each mission but there just are not enough powers to make it not seem repetitive. What brought it down to an 8.5 from a 9 is the fact that the ending was poorly put together. All the decision you made, chose not to make, people you saved chose not to save... Doesn't matter there are only three endings that really differ from each other...Stilll great game... Really fun ...and the story is engrossing....hopefully some DLC will spruce it up! Expand
  63. Nov 16, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game, the story was good, not the best, but I was engaged. I really like the charms and runes twist to it, if you like the run and shoot, give him perks that'll take advantage of that, if you like stealth, theres perks for that too, it really caters to your liking, The run and shoot isn't my cup of tea, and it really falls flat in this game, and it makes the game farI really enjoyed this game, the story was good, not the best, but I was engaged. I really like the charms and runes twist to it, if you like the run and shoot, give him perks that'll take advantage of that, if you like stealth, theres perks for that too, it really caters to your liking, The run and shoot isn't my cup of tea, and it really falls flat in this game, and it makes the game far too short. I did the stealthy playthough, whilst only killing a few guys, and I also did a tonne of side missions, took me about 12 hours to complete, a bit on the short end if you ask me, but those were some great 12 hours that left me wanting more. It really did remind me of Deus Ex mixed with Thief & Half-Life 2, but its not as great as any of those games, but if you like those games, I highly doubt you wouldn't enjoy this. Expand
  64. Nov 21, 2012
    Nice game, not many glitches, put together well. Definitely better buying this then buying another assassins creed. It is not worth the $59.99 asked, but if it goes on sale for $30.00, you should buy it.
  65. Nov 21, 2012
    When I saw trailers for the game and watched videos from E3 the first thing that went into my mind was Freaking Finally! A stealth game that is based completely around stealth. I have played Skyrim and I really like creating a stealth character but Skyrim isn't built for stealth like Dishonored is. The AI is very sophisticated and won't automatically see you if you hide under something.When I saw trailers for the game and watched videos from E3 the first thing that went into my mind was Freaking Finally! A stealth game that is based completely around stealth. I have played Skyrim and I really like creating a stealth character but Skyrim isn't built for stealth like Dishonored is. The AI is very sophisticated and won't automatically see you if you hide under something. When they go into alert mode they will look under things and poke around looking for. When I played i was on top of a lamp post and in some games the AI might not see you and just have a flat type of cone of vision, in Dishonored they have a cone and will look up to see you. In some cases like when I run across a pipe in direct sunlight they don't see me and that doesn't really make sense, but all in all they AI are very well done. The graphics are good, but necessarily realistic they have a sort of cartoony feel to them but with some realism. They look good from a distance, but as you get closer they start to get muddy and pixelated. The character design is very good and their graphics are well done even up close. The story is very short and took me only a week to beat it. Then I went and replayed it without killing anyone and beat it in a day. But what I really love about the game is how many times you can play it. I'm playing it a third time and I have already found hiding places and routes to my objective I never saw in my last play throughs. If you love stealth games and different ways to play a game every time and the feeling of discovery this is a great game for you. I'm looking forward for any DLCs and a sequel if their ever will be. Expand
  66. Nov 25, 2012
    I am a veteran of the Thief franchise. I played all 3, and they are easily the best stealth games out there on the market, even now. But this game, this wonderful game, took me back to the days of starting the second Thief. I did not expect anything when i first tried it, but within an hour i was blowing peoples heads off, throwing spike traps at people and watching them explode, and sleepI am a veteran of the Thief franchise. I played all 3, and they are easily the best stealth games out there on the market, even now. But this game, this wonderful game, took me back to the days of starting the second Thief. I did not expect anything when i first tried it, but within an hour i was blowing peoples heads off, throwing spike traps at people and watching them explode, and sleep darting dogs.I did not realize that I got to this point. I blinked around, first in front of someone, and then behind them to plant a bullet in the back of the head. Horridly grotesque, but amazing feeling when you blow a guy to bits. Oh yea, good story too. Expand
  67. Dec 4, 2012
    I bought this game on release, and i just got hooked right away. In the beginning when you know what happens I got chills running down my back. You feel that you want to stop the bad guys in this game. The graphics are adorable, but it would be much better if the game actually were a open world. It would actually be ten times better. But the fact that you make choices about what you wantI bought this game on release, and i just got hooked right away. In the beginning when you know what happens I got chills running down my back. You feel that you want to stop the bad guys in this game. The graphics are adorable, but it would be much better if the game actually were a open world. It would actually be ten times better. But the fact that you make choices about what you want to be. Like assassin style or just rush in them at once. Personally i play assassin style, i remember this one battle were I was in this room, turned on "wall hack" and just assassinated them when they entered the room. A must try game if you like single-player. Expand
  68. May 13, 2014
    First off, I do want to say that I love the world that they've created - the locations, the characters (some are admittedly shallow/bland), the lore/history. I found myself wrapped up in it. Although admittedly the whole "Outsider" thing is very... odd. The graphics and the sounds are good enough too. Yes, this type of plot has been done before, but why is that considered such a bad thingFirst off, I do want to say that I love the world that they've created - the locations, the characters (some are admittedly shallow/bland), the lore/history. I found myself wrapped up in it. Although admittedly the whole "Outsider" thing is very... odd. The graphics and the sounds are good enough too. Yes, this type of plot has been done before, but why is that considered such a bad thing to warrant such a low score? How many movies, shows, books, and songs have the same themes and storylines over and over and over again?

Second, while this is dubbed as a stealth action game, I do have to admit that the options for stealth are fairly limited (mostly blink+choke or blink+avoid or maybe a sleep dart here and there). Plus you really can go around running and gunning, although on the harder difficulties that's obviously more of a challenge to do. However, I still found myself enjoying the gameplay and I don't think it's bad but I don't think it's great either. It's definitely not as complex as you would think.

Third, I do have gripes about the game although they're relatively minor. My biggest gripe would have to be the lack of options for equipment. You're basically stuck with a sword, a pistol, and a crossbow. I'm a sucker for new items and equipment in games so I was somewhat disappointed when I found that you don't use anything other than those three main items. Of course, there's the whole magic component, but that's a different matter.

Honestly, for all those people asking for something completely new or different, I wish you the best of luck. Those games are rare for a reason: coming up with completely new material that not only works well but sells well is extremely difficult nowadays. Not to mention all you whiners about "they stole this from that game" etc etc... you do realize that every single step of progress humanity has ever made was because of "stolen" ideas/material from what we've done in the past?

Overall, I enjoyed this game. While not a perfect 10, it's a solid albeit short game and one that I'd recommend to my friends.
  69. Apr 15, 2013
    For years, I expect a title so addictive, and the guys at Arkane have succeeded in their aim. Dishonored is a title that everyone should play, well-articulated plot that puts you in front of important choices also have the chance to reach the target in multiple ways, stealth or solver of the situation while having fun with the various methods of killing. The quests are a pure fun, do notFor years, I expect a title so addictive, and the guys at Arkane have succeeded in their aim. Dishonored is a title that everyone should play, well-articulated plot that puts you in front of important choices also have the chance to reach the target in multiple ways, stealth or solver of the situation while having fun with the various methods of killing. The quests are a pure fun, do not get bored and offers the opportunity to explore in depth the background of this title. Technically there is to say that Dishonored is not, graphically speaking, like today's headlines, but fortunately this is not a flaw in my view, in fact, despite the good quality graphics, you can play it even on systems that do not necessarily generation, winking to those who can not afford graphics cards on the market today. A round of applause also to the dubbing, which makes it very complete and fascinating. What else to say? Buy it and enjoy it, partly because the replay value is assured Expand
  70. Dec 29, 2012
    Dishonored is actually pretty good and can be actually better than Far Cry. Most of these PC games are actually are "dishonored" but this one is great. The graphics are 10/10 and the missions are 8/10 and the gameplay is 9/10 which means its like a 8/10 game.
  71. Jan 1, 2013
    A great game with eye for precision, many possibilities and a great story. Stealth is pretty easy but that doesn't really bother me. Playing non-lethal might get a little boring because you are 'forbidden' to do cool stuff like drop assassinations, and limit yourself to boring chocking and tranq darts. The game really stands out in it's sense of detail, every character in the hub area hasA great game with eye for precision, many possibilities and a great story. Stealth is pretty easy but that doesn't really bother me. Playing non-lethal might get a little boring because you are 'forbidden' to do cool stuff like drop assassinations, and limit yourself to boring chocking and tranq darts. The game really stands out in it's sense of detail, every character in the hub area has different dialogue for every mission, and that dialogue reacts to your decisions. A real gamers' game. Expand
  72. Jan 3, 2013
    What a superb game. Storyline is pretty good and the graphics aren't too bad either. But the main feature I liked was all the stealthiness of it. Really good. I completed in probably 7/8 hours which I think is quite good. Got nothing else to say about it, other than, it is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone.
  73. Jan 3, 2013
    Absolutely adored this game, quite frankly! It's a wonderful world and there is a ton of lore/backstory to this title; it's obvious that Arkane put a long of effort into this game. The characters are hit and miss, but the ones that I did like, I liked a lot. The combat is quite challenging enjoyable, but could use some work; I found myself simply not being able to hit someone, just getAbsolutely adored this game, quite frankly! It's a wonderful world and there is a ton of lore/backstory to this title; it's obvious that Arkane put a long of effort into this game. The characters are hit and miss, but the ones that I did like, I liked a lot. The combat is quite challenging enjoyable, but could use some work; I found myself simply not being able to hit someone, just get kicked back and repeat. But as for the powers, from blinking to possessing people to summoning up hoards of rats, they were really enjoyable and I found them very useful throughout the entire story. As for the length of the story, it's true, it does feel kind of short. It felt like the game kind of ended before it even climaxed, and I feel they could have vastly expanded on it. However, that being said, it did still take me 12 hours to beat the game, but that was also doing all the side questing and exploring. Anyone who does not do so are setting themselves up for an extremely short ride, some saying that going for only the main objectives took them 5 hours to beat the game; but that is their own fault, quite frankly. Arkane have built a beautiful game and a magnificent world, and I'd highly urge anyone to not let this game pass them by. Here's to a Dishonored 2! Expand
  74. Jun 23, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    After returning from a foreign voyage to seek aid with the deadly plague ravaging the city, Corvo Attano travels to the tower of Dunwall and meets with the Empress. After delivering a message, they are attacked by teleporting assassins led by Daud; they magically restrain Corvo, kill the Empress and kidnap her daughter Emily. Corvo then is blamed for the murder and is sentenced to execution. He breaks out, and together with him and a conspiracy group, He has to avenge the empress's death. The story here is essentially Corvo doing contracts for this group in order to get to the newly crowned emperor Lord Regent. Each contract being somehow related to Regent. The story here is nothing special or original. What is original here is the city of Dunwall that the game takes place in. The "plaque" that ravages the city really does make you feel uncomfortable and a little sad to see how much of the city is ruined because of it. I also liked how similar this game's plaque is to the real life Bubonic plaque right down to how it spreaded with rats. All the characters here are well voiced, even if they're aren't unique, and some of them are likeable. The biggest problem with the characters is with Corvo mostly due to how he's another generic "mute" protagonist. Some of the scenes with him and with some of the other other characters could've been more interesting and emotionally compelling but because he never talks (outside of simple grunts while in gameplay), those scenes feel more awkward and uninteresting instead. A message to Arkane Studios: Why give your protagonist an actual face if your not gonna give him a proper voice actor. Besides a predictable plot and an uninteresting mute, the story here is service-able. 6/10

Gameplay:
    The biggest strength of this game is in the gameplay seeing as how the exceptional level design and multiple ways of completing contracts makes the gameplay fun along with good replayability. Now while you can't get different swords and pistols, you can still upgrade them as well as upgrading your supernatural powers. These special powers are: teleportation, possessing animals and humans, unleashing a swarm of deadly rats, seeing through walls, releasing a gust of wind that knocks back or kills enemies, and slowing/stopping time. You can upgrade these along with some nice perks to boost your stealth and combat skills. You can also use a heart (literally) to help find runes to upgrade your powers and bone charms which serve as perks. When caught, you can use your sword, pistol, or crossbow (all of these including ammo type can be upgraded using blueprints) to silence your victims. Because of the excellent level design, the game presents you with multiple ways of getting to your target and eliminating your target. Think Hitman but with super powers and no clothes changing. The game also has side missions that you can do for rewards, and the gameplay has affects that happen based on how you play. Completing side missions and completing missions with low chaos (stealthy way) will have characters behaving differently along with a different final mission structure than if you were to go loud and kill everyone. On a side note, this is one of the few stealth games where you can incapacitate an enemy rather than killing him/her if you're interested in not getting your hands dirty. I also liked the dialogue that happens between guards and contracts and the A.I. does a solid job of being a challenge. The only problem I have with the gameplay actually has nothing to do with how the game plays. The problem here is there's NO new game plus, and for a game like this that encourages replaying missions, that can be a big problem for some players including me. What if I wanted to try the entire game using all my newfound powers and upgrades without killing anyone? Well, I'm out of luck unless there's a mod for it somewhere. The gameplay here is fantastic, but because of the lack of new game plus, I'm afraid that outside of achievement/trophy hunting, I'm not sure if I'll be returning to Dunwall anytime soon. 8/10

Graphics:
    The game looks good at max settings. Dunwall is quite a city to look at, facial models and lip-synching are good, the textures are ok, and the lighting does a great job. The game looks good, but not really mindblowing. 7/10

Sound:
    All the in-game sound effects are nice to hear, and the score does a really great job at building tension when you get spotted. Outside of combat, the score plays some nice background tunes as you're exploring Dunwall. The music here fits the world of Dunwall greatly. 8/10

Verdict:
    Dishonored could've been one of the all time greatest stealth games ever despite having a weak story, but the lack of new game plus really hurts this game the same way it hurt Bioshock: Infinite. I'd still say buy it, but if you want great replayability, then I'd suggest sticking with Hitman. At least he gets to keep his weapons.

Rating: 8/10
  75. Jan 26, 2013
    I like this game a lot because of his setting and his particular gameplay, but I can't say it is flawless. First of all, the plot isn't so deep and some stages seem to be quite forced. Secondly, I found that the game seldom give the player a way to pull him out of a dangerous situation, even though he played safe and stealthy.
    Aside from all the criticisms, I can't but promote this game
    Aside from all the criticisms, I can't but promote this game because of the hope he gave to the next generetion of videogames: you needn't be part of a big saga in order to be good, you only have to be original and well-made.
  76. Mar 4, 2013
    Dishonored is a great game. While not perfect (I don't think there ever is a perfect game) it comes close. It clearly draws its inspiration from Thief. It also has a little of Deus Ex, System Shock and Bioshock in it. If you like any of these games, especially Thief...Buy this game!!!
    You play as Corvo, Protector of the Empress of Dunwall. You are framed for murder and are out to set things right. There is more to the plot but I do not want to spoil it for you.
    The game is broken down into a series of missions aka Thief style. At the end of each mission you will see a detailed score of your actions. Once you start a mission, there are many ways you can go about it. Even though the mission area is not really open world, it feels like it. You can be stealthy or go in Rambo style. It is up to you. The combat is fun and I really enjoyed experimenting with the powers. There are many ways to kill or incapacitate a person. The only downside for me are the ending cutscenes. After such a great ride with all the wonderful missions, I felt that the ending is bit rushed. It is a very short ending cutscene and I wished it were more fleshed out. Overall I love this game and I really am looking forward to a sequel!!!
  77. Aug 7, 2013
    Let me start off by saying that Dishonored is a masterpiece among all the lame & bore 12 hour RPG first person games in 2012.

The graphics in this game is 'OK'. If you have played BioShock Infinite, it is definitely noticeable that there is a small graphical boost with the UE3 that Dishonored also uses. But not much. People who are too obsessed with in-game graphics, this might not be a game for you.

The plot of the entire story is well landed out. But what I didn't liked about it is during the cut scenes, the protagonist is muted during the entire story. Whereas in Infinite, Booker talks almost all the time in the game.

The stealth mechanics of Dishonored is somewhat bland and definitely needs more variety of skills powers. The game also does reward the player for completing different puzzles in order to obtain the hidden runes bone charms. Aside from these two relatively negative points of the game, the game is perfect.

Lastly, for the price, this game definitely worth 10 bucks during its peak sale discount of 66% on Steam, big steal. Even for 30 bucks, it is still worth getting. Knife of Dunwall is superb, and is kind of the only DLC that is worth. Runes, money can be obtained through using a Cheat Engine. So the extra coins from the Void Walker's arsenal is useless. Dunwall City Trials isn't fun either.

One of the best RPG I've ever played. Hope Arkane and Bethesda keeps up the good work and land in a Dishonored 2 asap!

(Seriously, if you have high hopes for EVERY SINGLE video game, you shouldn't be playing them at all. That being said, I never trust any critics but myself, by trying out the game)
  78. Apr 21, 2013
    This is a fun game where you can be sneaky and do stealth things like looking through key holes and killing white people. There is lots of replay value and you can find money to upgrade your stuff. This is a really fun game, I like it a lot.
  79. Apr 20, 2013
    I love this game, just can't not live without playing this to end. Its just best sneak game ever. I'm hoping they make dishonored 2 and more maps and bigger ones. This is what you call an awesome game,
  80. Feb 27, 2013
    This game is the perfect mix from the best games of the past years. I like the design, the action is fluid, never a dull moment, even if you choose to sneak around. I think the Outsider-part of the game should have been more detailed, but nevertheless, the main plot is enjoyable, the missions are creative. The world itself is quite a clische, some f*cked up Fable-Fallout-Batman combo.This game is the perfect mix from the best games of the past years. I like the design, the action is fluid, never a dull moment, even if you choose to sneak around. I think the Outsider-part of the game should have been more detailed, but nevertheless, the main plot is enjoyable, the missions are creative. The world itself is quite a clische, some f*cked up Fable-Fallout-Batman combo. Everything is dark, and gloomy, everyone is desperate, you are a lone wolf, thirsting for revenge/justice, with only a handful of people to "watch your back" (bloody basterds). I liked the figurine of the princess... no, not in that way... perverts. She is the only thin ray of light that the player can grasp, you feel like you have to protect this girl, both physically and mentaly. The other stable character is your ferryman, I just simply liked that guy, simple and righteous.
    The powers are quite useless, the only good powers are Blink and the Dark Sight, maybe Whirlwind, but I think that just because I like to have mass destructive powers in my palm... aaaaanyway, I think this is a decent game, with many flaws, but overall enjoyable, even for 2 playthroughs.
  81. Mar 12, 2013
    A very well put together game with an amazing aesthetic and setting. Gameplay was well devised with multiple ways to approach each objective. The game world is linear and mission based but this is a good thing and whilst the plot (or more specifically the characters) could have used some more fleshing out it was suitable and compelling. The principle issues I had with the game was aA very well put together game with an amazing aesthetic and setting. Gameplay was well devised with multiple ways to approach each objective. The game world is linear and mission based but this is a good thing and whilst the plot (or more specifically the characters) could have used some more fleshing out it was suitable and compelling. The principle issues I had with the game was a somewhat arbitrary right and wrong system under the hood. The game has wonderful non lethal options which are still suitably dark and punishing (awesome) but it could have used more nuance. Other than that some AI issues and some niggling questions left unanswered at the end of the game were my only criticisms. Expand
  82. Aug 6, 2013
    Dishonored is amazing game that has amazing elements of other games that i really love super powers like bioshock stealth mechanics like thief and great combat system somehow like assassin's creed giving you the ultimate game with interesting story and great replay ability as it has multiple endings i could easily say it is one of the best games of 2012
  83. Mar 16, 2013
    Dishonored is a game not about stealth or action, but about freedom. Freedom to choose your own way to get things done, whenever it's sneaking into a building or fighting your way through. Freedom to explore the level or to run through it. Freedom to kill people or beat the game without harming anyone at all.

Dishonored was developed by a mixed team of game developers, whose previews

Dishonored was developed by a mixed team of game developers, whose previews works included Half-Life 2 and BioShock. From Half-Life 2 Dishonored has it's level design, there's is a HL2 equivalent to literally every location from Dishonored's city, Dunwall. BioShock gave Dishonored some of it's game mechanics, as well as the graphics design.

I'd give Dishonored 9 out of 10. It's a really really good game, but nothing historical like BioShock, Deus Ex or Half-Life. It is a combination of many great game ideas, but nothing really innovative, that's why not 10/10.
  84. Nov 29, 2013
    Although I like this game a lot. It feels very unpolished. There is a lot of screen tearing and the textures look terrible. This was made in 2012, and looked outdated even when it was released. The game is very rewarding in its stealth mechanics, yet it seems rushed. I cant explain it but everything graphically and gameplay wise seem unfinished. Even with these problems I have fun withAlthough I like this game a lot. It feels very unpolished. There is a lot of screen tearing and the textures look terrible. This was made in 2012, and looked outdated even when it was released. The game is very rewarding in its stealth mechanics, yet it seems rushed. I cant explain it but everything graphically and gameplay wise seem unfinished. Even with these problems I have fun with this game and it deserves multiple playthroughs. Its absolutely worth your time, and a sequel is well deserved as fixing this games issues in another installment of the series will make it perfect. Collapse Expand
  85. Mar 22, 2013
    A great game,maybe is a successor of great series of Thief.The gameplay is awesome and action thrills you anytime.Stealth and run is a great combination.
  86. Mar 23, 2013
    Dishonored's stunning visuals immersed me into It's interesting locations, and It's great gameplay is extremely fun. For the stealth gamers out there, they'll love Dishonored. There's a lot of options how to kill an enemy stealthy, and that's why this game is amazing. Sure, playing sneaky in this game is more recommendable, but If you like to fight enemies while detected, DishonoredDishonored's stunning visuals immersed me into It's interesting locations, and It's great gameplay is extremely fun. For the stealth gamers out there, they'll love Dishonored. There's a lot of options how to kill an enemy stealthy, and that's why this game is amazing. Sure, playing sneaky in this game is more recommendable, but If you like to fight enemies while detected, Dishonored doesn't disappoint. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/dishonored/user-reviews/804626/platform/pc/ Expand
  87. Mar 24, 2013
    Dishonored; doesn’t really dishonor fans at all (SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?) I guess at this point, telling you it’s great is a waste of time; I’m pretty sure you bought it regardless of what people have said about it, but at least with this particular Bethesda title, the game is actually worth playing through.

I don’t care what anyone says about Fallout and Elder Scrolls, those games are

I don’t care what anyone says about Fallout and Elder Scrolls, those games are terrible; a game can be massive and open without being poorly crafted as a whole with convoluted quests, whilst not going on for a millennium pretending there’s more to it than the intro quest. This is more down to the game being crafted by Arkane Studios though, a company that honestly cares about bringing great stories to the water cooler; rather than ones where you fell through the floor and completed the game by default.

I honestly don’t appreciate pretense in the players of common video game series, especially when they play the same series over and over and think that the same swill should be game of the year while new and innovative titles get pushed to one side. In that sense I hope Dishonored is a stepping stone back into a genre that isn’t rinsing and repeating. It’s still part of the swill, but it takes a big enough step away to be its own ‘thing’ for players.

It’s like Assassins Creed if Assassins Creed didn’t suck and drag on too long and didn’t staple stupid cameo’s and mini games in that extended play. I guess what I’m really saying (when I stop attacking over paid franchises) is that a game can be great for what it is without trying to last a long time; I honestly think if a company is trying to make the game longer than it has to be just to stop a player saying “THIS IS TOO SHORT” then they’re making the wrong choices.

I don’t like Dishonored for the multiple outcomes to events, even though it’s cool, and that’s because the endings aren’t as multiple by comparison. I like Dishonored because it does what it has to in the stealth department without being all like “GO ON A FETCH QUEST TO GATHER INFO BEFORE PLAYING THE GOOD PART” or “DEFEND THE PORT FOR A WHILE” or “HI I’M IN THE HISTORY BOOKS AND DO STUPID THINGS”; the game simply is a game with a good narrative and game play which does what I expect, and the end isn’t constantly pushed back, yet doesn’t rob from the experience when I finally make it there.

Next time you play a game, ask yourself if the experience is really dragging out to last, or whether every part of the game really feels well justified in it’s being there. A game’s length means nothing; the real deciding factor is what the entire product brings to the table, after all, you wouldn’t replay a 100 hour story of the same old stuff, but you can relive and enjoy a greatly paced game, much like how you can re-watch a great movie over and over.
  88. May 16, 2013
    Great stealth and atmosphere. The best part of this game is the open-ended level design. This combined with your awesome abilities, makes it super fun to traverse the environments and figure out how to stealthily take down your targets. You don't have to be stealthy, but the draw of this game is its stealth. Sure you can go "guns" blazing, but it def wouldn't be very fun. With that said,Great stealth and atmosphere. The best part of this game is the open-ended level design. This combined with your awesome abilities, makes it super fun to traverse the environments and figure out how to stealthily take down your targets. You don't have to be stealthy, but the draw of this game is its stealth. Sure you can go "guns" blazing, but it def wouldn't be very fun. With that said, if you don't like stealth, you wouldn't like this game because you're pretty much forced to play stealth. Otherwise, it's not as fun. Expand
  89. Mar 31, 2013
    Fun game that posed a challenge in the stealth department, sure while easier to outright kill the enemies it does change the city around you as you progress and just have to say screw them rat hoards! But great game, great mechanics and wonderful story bring out a fantastic experience playing this game.
  90. Apr 3, 2013
    Great game i love it well worth the money, the only problem i found with the game is the lack of weapon variety for stealth play and the fact that is your go for a stealth no-lethal playthrough the weapons thin to a total of 1 weapon only
  91. Apr 10, 2013
    Jogo muito bom, me rendeu ótimas e várias horas de jogatina sempre muito intensas e em varias vezes cria aquela tensão que te prende ao jogo, te causa "raiva" e te faz querer vingança(no jogo claro)!

Recomendo jogar em consoles ou com joystick porque não achei muito legal a conversão feita pro PC, o jogo foi feito pra jogar em controle na minha opinião...
  92. Apr 13, 2013
    Great game. Somewhat original and well done compared to most games these days. Definitely one of the best games of 2012 if not the best. Graphics are okish but the game play is a lot of fun. Being able to beat the game 100% stealth mode or straight up go on and kill everyone is very nice. Story is alright, nothing special really but game play makes up for it.
  93. Apr 15, 2013
    For a game with such disappointingly mediocre voice acting, I was otherwise surprised at the depth and level of immersion this game brought to the table. The stealth is some of the most solid I have ever experienced in a game, however, the moral choice aspect can eliminate most of the challenge to the game game should one wish to overtly kill everything. This path is not without its perksFor a game with such disappointingly mediocre voice acting, I was otherwise surprised at the depth and level of immersion this game brought to the table. The stealth is some of the most solid I have ever experienced in a game, however, the moral choice aspect can eliminate most of the challenge to the game game should one wish to overtly kill everything. This path is not without its perks though, as the combinations of powers available can produce some very interesting and "creative" ways of eliminating enemies. Having never played any of the Thief series, I cannot compare the two, yet Dishonored goes down in my books as my favorite stealth game to date. The Blink is a little overpowered, but all in all the game seems sort of balanced. Personally, I would have liked a harder difficulty setting, and some co-operative multiplayer would have been nice. But all in all, Dishonored succeeds in many fields such as AI, level & world design, and plot, and these are areas that many stealth games struggle to flesh out enough.
    Bravo, Arkane Studios.
  94. Apr 18, 2013
    Normally would give it 7, giving it 9 to balance all the stupid 0 and 1 reviews (and also to prove that user review system is terrible).

Pros: - Very cool setting. Elements of steampunk, modern technology and architecture, strange magic and mythos combine into something quite interesting. I wanted to learn more about that place. - Stylized graphics. I'm sick to death of

Pros:
    - Stylized graphics. I'm sick to death of "uber-realistic" games. The graphics paint the picture very well and don't distract. It was also free of any visual glitches or any visible lag in my playthough, and my PC is not really top of the line.
    - Gameplay is satisfying. I tried to complete missions with minimum bloodshed and I had fun. The levels are big, but not big enough to get lost without a map. In fact, traversing Dunwall trying to reach the target was definitely my favorite part.

Cons:
    - "Assassinations" are lackluster. I mentioned that getting to the target was a lot of fun unfortunately actually removing the target was not so much. You can't construct elaborate plots like in Hitman games to make it look like accidents. Once you reach the target, it's usually alone and can be killed quite easily with any of the tools you have no puzzles there. And if you wanted to go bloodless way, your options were even less. You would usually get one quest with specific objective that can only be accomplished one way to reach the "bloodless" solution.
    - Too short. I finished my first playthough with low chaos, while getting most of the runes in slightly less than 9 hours. I mean, 9 hours is fine for a game like Call of Duty, where it's basically 9 hours of non-stop action, but for stealth game, where most of the time is spent timing and sneaking, it's way too short.
    - Too easy. One of the first magic powers you get, Blink, is insanely powerful and makes levels trivial. Even worse that it doesn't use any mana (unless you use it in rapid succession), making normal movement pretty much pointless. Roofs, for the most part are absolutely safe, and guards rarely look up. Possession and Time Stop are fun to use, but also end up making the game even easier.

I realize that this is assassin game, but it is much more similar in gameplay to Thief rather than to Hitman/Assassin's Creed. So I'd compare it with Thief. Don't get me wrong, Dishonored is a very fun game, I enjoyed playing it a lot, but I think it would have been so much better if it borrowed a few more elements from Thief namely 1) extra objectives on higher difficulties 2) more focus on stealth and problem solving rather than fancy magic tricks.

Summon rats spell symbolizes basically what was wrong with Dishonored. It is the spell most often mentioned in the reviews and also the most useless in the entire game.
  95. Rem
    Dec 27, 2014
    Dishonored is the best "playing" game I've had the pleasure of enjoying in a very long time. This game elegantly puts player enjoyment of a game ahead of anything else as you cut a bloody swathe through the fantastically realized city of Dunwall as the "Dishonored" Lord Protector Corvo Attano. The city of Dunwall sports an oil painting art style with soft textures that appear more muddyDishonored is the best "playing" game I've had the pleasure of enjoying in a very long time. This game elegantly puts player enjoyment of a game ahead of anything else as you cut a bloody swathe through the fantastically realized city of Dunwall as the "Dishonored" Lord Protector Corvo Attano. The city of Dunwall sports an oil painting art style with soft textures that appear more muddy than deliberate. The one thing I absolutely loved about Dishonored was the chaos system. Depending on certain set choices and your desire to kill guards, the game adapts to your playstyle. Killing guards means more rats and a greater enemy presence later on, and those who carefully chose the less satisfying stealth approach will find that they have less to deal with later on. Now on with the gripes. Dishonored contains a couple of voice actors who in my opinion, suck really bad. The VAs for Piero, The Outsider, and various NPCs really make me cringe at their underwhelming delivery. This is made up for in guard dialogue. The one thing that Dishonored falls short upon was the plot. As I said before, the city of Dunwall is buzzing with great lore, but the actual revenge plot surrounding our main character is quite predictable and underwhelming at times. It has a direction, but the intensity never really picks up outside of gameplay. And the ending is to say the least unsatisfying with a "slideshow accompanied by overarching narrator" cliche thrown in for good measure. Your choices don't matter up to that point which made me leave Dishonored on a bitter note. That said however, I enjoyed Dishonored for what it set itself up to be: a fantastic sandbox adventure game that makes it fun to play games again, at least in 2012. It's a game meant to be played, not be immersed in, and I'm damn fine with that. Expand
  96. May 16, 2013
    It's a fantastic game for stealth fans, me being one of them liked this adventure very much! The artistic design is purely outstanding, nice variety of ways to reach your objective, great replay value! But the story isn't very original good old vengeance! And it gets repetitive! Overall great game!
  97. Apr 26, 2013
    I was totally hooked on this game. The world and characters are so enticing. I can't wait for the DLCs. I hope this is a birth of a franchise. Oh I finished the game with low chaos.
  98. Apr 28, 2013
    One of the best games of all time in my opinion. And the game doesn't needs "Crysis-like" graphics and level design to deliver, a brutal, merciless, engaging adventure, in a chaotic city, dying at the hands of corrupt governants, and deadly diseases. Also, this game has an amazing artwork, probably one of the best, to ever show up in a game, definitely an underrated game. 10/10 Has a HugeOne of the best games of all time in my opinion. And the game doesn't needs "Crysis-like" graphics and level design to deliver, a brutal, merciless, engaging adventure, in a chaotic city, dying at the hands of corrupt governants, and deadly diseases. Also, this game has an amazing artwork, probably one of the best, to ever show up in a game, definitely an underrated game. 10/10 Has a Huge Replay value, and the game world will react differently to your (Corvo) actions, and play-style. Totally worth it, the ending gave me "goosebumps", Corvo, even though, he does not actually speaks in game, is a very likeable character, the same applies to all others, who you will constantly meet, throughout your adventures, and miss them a lot, when, they are gone. Expand
  99. May 1, 2013
    A truly great game (though a little shorter than I'd have liked).

As far as stealth goes I agree that blink "breaks" the stealth mechanic a bit but not to the extent that it breaks the game. The graphics are pretty good, I never encountered any bugs, the story was pretty good (apart from the outsider... he always felt cheesy), the powers were all pretty cool/useful, and the choices
    A truly great game (though a little shorter than I'd have liked).

The graphics are pretty good, I never encountered any bugs, the story was pretty good (apart from the outsider... he always felt cheesy), the powers were all pretty cool/useful, and the choices you made in both power upgrades and the game actually affected the world around you.

I do wish there were more upgrade levels to the powers though.

I've heard people complain about the "tedious" gameplay but that is essentially what a stealth game is. Some people complain that "blink, choke/kill, hide body and repeat" is boring however that is not how you have to play the game. If you want to 100% every level in terms of collectibles and gold then yeah you will be doing a lot of that... however a big of the game for me was finding ways to interfere with the world around you as little as possible.

Overall a great game.
  100. May 9, 2013
    A good game by Bethesda. I never know it would actually be worth the money. The assassin style overall is great, but i was frustrated sometimes at how easily it can be to detect somebody and the fact that if you want the best ending, you can kill anyone with the awesome assassinating animations and weapons there are.
  101. Oct 13, 2012
    It would be wrong to review this until i've finished it, but my initial IMPRESSION in a 9 after doing the first two main missions. The depth grows as you play through this. But only if you make yourself challenges and dont simply combat your way through it.
    Pay attention, listen to what people say, read notes if they seem relevant too.
    Great stuff, and please, if you see a negative
    Pay attention, listen to what people say, read notes if they seem relevant too.
    Great stuff, and please, if you see a negative review of this.. It may just be a troll ;-).. Check their other reviews to make sure.

We can draw comparisons with other titles all day, but everything is based on something. Dishonored remains a unique gem in a beautiful, yet chaotic world, with flawless gameplay. [December 2012]
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Dishonored rarely challenges the players, but it doesn't take them for fools, either, so that's an achievement compared to other games in the genre. Just don't expect strokes of genius like the Shalebridge Cradle level from Thief: Deadly Shadows.
    Dishonored injects new life into stealth actions and their sophisticated worlds. Awesome work in every detail. [Nov 2012]