8.3

1. CJW
    Dec 4, 2014
    Very exciting game. I loved the game's background the city of Dunwall. Story and plot was also good, and of course the game itself was the most enjoyable. It was hard to find anything wrong with this game.

First, the background and story. Making this world must have been a great effort to writers of the game. The story is so complete and the steam punk world setting is so interesting. Reading the journals, books and finding clues about this whole world was is much fun, you can't possibly escape from going to dishonored wiki and read more about the story of dishonored. Best thing I think is that you can go through 3 endings depend on how you play the game. I first cleared with low killing as possible and got a happy ending. Next time I played, I saw another ending. I felt very sad when Samuel saw me(Corvo) as cruel murderer in second play. You'll be sad too when you get to see the bad ending.

Second is gameplay. I won't say that this game is best stealth game of all time but, what I felt is that there are many ways of clearing each stages and that it is certainly fun to try each other way. I suggest to play at least twice so you can try many ways yourself. Another thing I liked was that though it had some collectibles, it wasn't that hard to find, and there aren't too many of them. For a player who get distressed about not getting all collectibles like me, this is good and important thing actually.

Third, the map design. I think that map designers did a great job. As I sad, there are many ways of clearing this game and at least some applause should go to them. It was the wide(Not that wide like open world games) and delicate map that made it possible to go through passages of missions not just along the road but up to the rooftops and into the buildings(not every buildings of course). One possible complaint here could be that the map is too wide in some cases (like flooded district which was too long maybe) but guess they had reasons.

Last for graphics. Personally, I like realistic graphics but, as even for me, the graphic was quite nice and detailed. After playing the game I felt this bit cartoon-like graphic could be a better choice for a game. Background graphic, I give good score and Person? well I was a little bit disappointed about Emily. Too plain maybe? I couldn't feel much emotions in her face

To end the long writing playing this game was absolutely fun and though I spent more than 40 hours
    (I played it twice) I never ever felt this game boring. So I give 9. Thanks for reading my review and excuse me for poor english and writing skills.
  2. Nov 30, 2014
    This is one of the best games I've ever played. Great design and gameplay. My only critic is that it gives you the choice of sneaking or killing and then it punishes you for killing... So it won't give you any choice. Other than that I enjoyed the game that is a 10 and I'm looking forward to the next Dishonored!
  3. Nov 27, 2014
    So I thought I’d write a review for Dishonored as an alternate opinion to all the 9’s and 10’s this game is getting. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good game, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near a perfect game.
    The game has some shortcomings so even though I’m giving this a 7, I’ll focus on them.

The antagonist, Corvo Attano, really has no personality. He obviously has a history and a reputation that other characters react to, but he says nothing throughout the game giving us little clues as to what kind of person he is. I realize game developers do this in an attempt to make the player imprint themselves on to the antagonist, but many games add a voice and a personality to the lead character and it works well. In Far Cry 3, for instance where I felt more connected. In Saints Row 3 & 4 you can choose between 3 male and 3 female voices. I didn’t even go with my same gender and I felt connected to the personality of the lead character.

The AI is also not very good. If you put a guy to sleep, or even kill someone they’ll often not be alarmed at all upon discovering them, or do a quick search and if they don’t find you within 30 seconds, they’ll just give up and go back to their usual patterns.

For example, during one of the missions, I blinked into a room, took out the guard, the primary target was 5 feet away, but never heard me. I easily took out the primary target next, then I was slashed by a guard I hadn’t known was there. I slashed back, and he blinked away. I knew I couldn’t have killed him yet. But curiously, he never returned! (Maybe off to put some Polysporin on that superficial wound I gave him)

The plot isn’t terribly exciting. The first batch of missions force the plot along in a very contrived way. However; the plot does pick up towards the end of the story.

The setting is a plague infested, post industrial revolution London in a steampunk style and is quite beautiful in its own way. But it doesn’t seem like a living city like you’d find in GTA or Assassins Creed. There are very few innocent civilians wandering around. You’ll mostly just encounter guards and “weepers”. Weepers are plague infested civilians who basically walk and behave like zombies.

The characters aren’t very deep. Cardboard cut-outs really, but they serve their purpose. They have a character called “The Outsider” that’s some sort of supernatural being that gives you powers for unknown reasons. I guess the developers wanted to add powers to your character and this is the MacGuffin they decided on. Still, the powers he gives you are cool. More on that later.

The great thing about the game is that you can approach situations in many different ways. Possess an animal or human (if you level up) and walk past guards, fight your way through, or stealth you way through. You don’t have to kill a single person in the entire game. Or you can kill everything in sight. The game lets you know that if you kill too many people, however, you’ll get a “darker” ending.

The game really just wants you to play as non-lethally as possible. I tried to play stealthily at first, but by the later missions I had more fun letting loose and killing guards. The game, unfortunately, punishes you for that and you get a darker ending. (even the friendly boatman that ferry’s you around scolds you near the end!) I had a problem with this, because despite what they say, you really are meant to play it the way the developers wanted you to - stealthily.

So if you prefer the “shoot-em-up” style of games like I do, it’s not nearly as satisfying to mostly avoid contact.
    I’ve seen it written that if you play the game 3 times, you’ll be good enough to do the entire thing using non-lethal methods, but who has time to play the same game 3 times over when there are so many other great games out there?

I’ve saved my biggest problem with the game for last: The gameplay. The game has some great ideas. The problem is the execution (no pun intended). Sometimes I felt like an assassin, by so often I felt like a klutz. The game definitely has a learning curve to it.
    The problem is you have so many tools; you’re constantly juggling between them. “Dark Vision” is great, but it times out. (Unlike “detective mode” in Batman Arkham Asylum/City or tagging enemies in Far Cry 3)
    So you sit and wait for your opportunity to blink, or take out a guard some way, dark vision runs out, I have to switch back to that, turn it back on, then switch back to blink or a weapon and by then, my opportunity may have passed. I can only do one thing at a time and juggling between things, especially if I want to do them quickly, felt clunky.
    Taking on a lot of enemies at once is a quick way to get yourself killed. Enemies will all rush at you if you’re detected.
    In Assassins Creed, it was a much more fluid transition between skills and I really felt like a super hero. Ditto for Batman and Far Cry 3. In those games, even when I failed, I had the confidence I could go back and do it better, but in Dishonored I never perfected my stealthiness.
    In Dishonored I found myself accidently blinking into a sword fight when I forgot that blink was enabled instead of dark vision. It’s amusing that everyone in the swordfight was surprised it was happening, including me!

So overall, and in my humble opinion, it was a good game, but not a great game. 7/10
  4. Nov 24, 2014
    It's a stealth FPS which follows the path of Corvo, who is wrongly accused of murdering the empress. So begins your journey through a vivid, interesting steam-punk world.

Anyone into the Thief games or stealth in general will find something to like here. This game however, also features an impressive ability set of "magical" powers that you can acquire through runes and bone charms throughout the game. Some of these completely change the way you approach situations and are most welcome additions.

The only thing I was not to keen on was this "choice" you have over low or high chaos (stealth and not killing anyone or slaughtering everyone in your path). The game keeps on telling you to not kill people if you want the "good" ending, yet by doing so you miss out on some of the most fun powers and mechanics in the game. It's saying, here is an arsenal of cool stuff, but don't use them.

Anyway, a great game in most respects that I would recommend to anyone interested in the genre.

Jimbo Rating: 7/10
  5. Nov 12, 2014
    "Dishonored"

Dishonored is a brand new IP from Bethesda and it is the pinnacle of stealth games, the game revolts around choices, player freedom and immersive environments. Simply one of the best stealth games of all time.
    --------------------------------------------------
    GAMESCORE: 9.5 "FLAWLESS"
    --------------------------------------------------
  6. Nov 10, 2014
    This game is a proof that not all games need to have "Super graphics". It instead goes for artistic graphics, which still looks beautiful in its own way. The lighting, the water rippling, the npcs...They all look like they came out of painting.

Gameplay is solid as well. You can be loud and brutal to get high chaos, or be stealthy and sneak around to get low chaos. Your choice of gameplay will affect the end game results. You have variety of weapons, tools, and dark powers to get to your target. There are various ways to kill your target Each mission has side missions, and choosing to do or not do these side missions will alter the environment of future missions.

This is a great game for low to mid end pc
  7. Oct 8, 2014
    Highly overrated.
    Most of all, the whole story is just bland.
    What is worse, you can see the story advances only in intermissions, not in missions. That makes the stealth-play extremely booooooring. Or you can slaughter everything on. But it's not really on par with the full-pledged action games. It's just ok. You better play a real action game rather than this mediocre action
    Highly overrated.
    Most of all, the whole story is just bland.
    That makes the stealth-play extremely booooooring.

Or you can slaughter everything on.
    But it's not really on par with the full-pledged action games.
    It's just ok. You better play a real action game rather than this mediocre action game.

I don't think it's a bad game. But then again, it's not a masterpiece either.
  8. Oct 6, 2014
    Amazing game! The gameplay is simply awesome. There are so many ways to tackle missions that this game deserves more than one playthrough. The setting and environments are really fantastic as this game takes inspiration from other great titles like Thief, Half-Life 2 and Bioshock and they did a good job at giving it a unique feel. I played really badass on my first playthrough and nowAmazing game! The gameplay is simply awesome. There are so many ways to tackle missions that this game deserves more than one playthrough. The setting and environments are really fantastic as this game takes inspiration from other great titles like Thief, Half-Life 2 and Bioshock and they did a good job at giving it a unique feel. I played really badass on my first playthrough and now I plan to play it again, entirely stealthy.
    In short, this is a must!
  9. Oct 6, 2014
    The best stealth-action game ever! I've learned that our choises always matter to someone, somewhere. And sooner or later, in ways we can't fathom, the consequences come back to us.
    Spectacular and awesome kill animations
    good story (with DLC-s is full the story)
    Graphics is a little poor, but enjoyable!
    Only some bugs can be found.
  10. Oct 1, 2014
    I really liked the gameplay and level design..............but the setting just got too "dark" for me. I am not easily offended, but I just hated how many gross corpses you found all over the place - after a while I just didn't like how I felt when I played the game.

I did really appreciate the effort the producers made where you can play the game without killing anyone - that was really cool.
  11. Sep 27, 2014
    Dishonored is a game unlike most other on the gaming market. In this game the freedom of choice relly have a meaning. There is alomst alway severel ways to complete a objectiv and wich one you chose is completly up to you. I have completed the game twice. One the first playthrough I tried to be as sneaky as possibly and almost always went for the unleathal approach. On the secondDishonored is a game unlike most other on the gaming market. In this game the freedom of choice relly have a meaning. There is alomst alway severel ways to complete a objectiv and wich one you chose is completly up to you. I have completed the game twice. One the first playthrough I tried to be as sneaky as possibly and almost always went for the unleathal approach. On the second playthrough I was more ruthless, killing almost everyone that stood in my way. The second playthrough felt like a completly new game and the best part is that the story itself change depending on youe approach.

The missons are great with a superb leveldessign. And if you want even more I strongly advice that you buy the two add-ons that exist. Both the Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are a solid and fun addition to the main game.

The only weak spot of the game is the story. Its not bad but it simply pale in comparison to the rest of the game. The endings in particularry are a bit unsatifying. If they had nailed the story this would have been a 10/10. But still, its a really good game and I strongly recommend it to every gamer out there, regardless if you like sneakgames or not. Cuz in this game its all up to you how you want to handle the situations.
  12. Sep 16, 2014
    There's plenty of good to say about Dishonored. The game mechanics are simple and straightforward, gameplay is intuitive and offers you choice in how you approach each mission, lots of options for controls. There aren't any major flaws in the game from a technical or design standpoint - expect for the poor textures. Graphically the game isn't far different from Half-Life 2. Facial detailThere's plenty of good to say about Dishonored. The game mechanics are simple and straightforward, gameplay is intuitive and offers you choice in how you approach each mission, lots of options for controls. There aren't any major flaws in the game from a technical or design standpoint - expect for the poor textures. Graphically the game isn't far different from Half-Life 2. Facial detail is horrific, but that's an art style choice perhaps. What really makes Dishonored shine is its immersive game world. It feels well-crafted and you can tell there's a lot of effort gone into making the story and context as polished as possible. However, despite all its efforts, Dishonored feels somehwat lacking in one major area: completeness. By that I mean it's so linear and unvaried, it feels more like a demo. Why do I have this opinion? Perhaps it's because I rarely got to use any of the upgrades I bought or engage in combat. And although the game doesn't present you with lots of pointless choices and text walls and RPG elements that don't affect gameplay, the level design is certainly lacking in gameplay variety. Yes, each level is well-thought and detailed, but the actual gameplay is extremely repetitive. I played the game on Hard and it suffers from the same problem as Hitman Absolution - that it's too easy to be stealthy. The game rewards you for not killing anyone and being sneaky. For this reason (because of the achievements), it's tempting to be tactical in your approach. Although the game's mechanics and tools and AI accommodate for this, the excitement is definitely lacking. Furthermore, should you choose to engage in combat, there is no real fun to be had there either. With just a pistol (or bow) and a sword, it's very basic. Fast, granted, but not fun. The supernatural abilities are indeed a great feature of the game and don't feel out of place, however as with everything in this game, they're ultimately unrealised potential. Never in a level was I forced to think creatively or use the level and my abilities/weapons etc. to make a meaningful impact in any way. I'm not saying that the game should be open-world or an RPG, I just think that it's been heavily cut down in order to make it linear and easy to finish in a relatively short time. The developers went through so much trouble to build the game world and story, yet none of the characters felt well-developed at all. Granted, the story is good, but it could do with so much MORE. Same with the levels - good, but need MORE VARIETY. You spend so much time exploring the levels finding journals (lots and lots and lots of text which isn't really worth reading), collectibles and money, yet in the grand scheme of things they're absolutely useless. All those upgrades for nothing! And the choices? Well, they seem meaningful at the time but don't really impact the story overall.

Bottom line: great foundations, unrealised potential. "Underdeveloped" is how I would sum it up. It'd be interesting to see how the next game turns out. Dishonored is a good game on its own but is a bit disappointing because it makes out to be so much more than it actually is.
  13. Sep 12, 2014
    decent fun and some innovative game play. a pretty good stealth game for those who love to play that way. game generally plays well but seems to lack a little soul and depth. it was also way too short with too little actual content.
  14. Sep 8, 2014
    Most of people tell that this game is a great game, but I’m not most of the people. This game is average but very entertaining after a rather dull start. I did like the art style, the scenery, characters, voice acting but the plot here is shallow at best so it kind of ruins it for me. I at least have heard this same old story repeated many times over the years so this game felt like everyMost of people tell that this game is a great game, but I’m not most of the people. This game is average but very entertaining after a rather dull start. I did like the art style, the scenery, characters, voice acting but the plot here is shallow at best so it kind of ruins it for me. I at least have heard this same old story repeated many times over the years so this game felt like every other on this genre.

When playing the game I just felt like playing a good Half Life 2 Mod but not a real full game, there is something missing and I don’t know what it is to tell you the truth. Perhaps I am just too picky on these things but I think that the magnificent world and lore they created for this game deserves better story or perhaps it could have kept the same story but told it in more interesting manner.

My opinion is that this game is not bad at all but it isn’t exactly as great as some people claim it to be. However I have to say that the gameplay mechanics work and the character moves as player intends so there is one thing definitely done right here. I would recommend this game to anybody interested in the genre but at the same time I’m telling you all that this game packaged as it is, is not for everybody including me. Last but not least I truly hope that there will be a sequel to this and it would focus more on some elements of this mysterious world and make the story more interesting at the same time.
  15. Sep 3, 2014
    Best stealth game in years, great level design and honestly it needs a damn sequel already, I hope that Arkane or Bethesda announces Dishonored 2 soon, i'd be one happy gamer.
  16. Sep 2, 2014
    I finally picked up this game at one of the Steam-sales, and while I had heard a lot of great things about the game, I had my doubts. Considering it's cheap price nowadays, its a bargain. The game is really good, especially if you take the price you pay for it at present day in consideration. There really is no reason not to get it if you have even the slightest of interest in FPS-games.I finally picked up this game at one of the Steam-sales, and while I had heard a lot of great things about the game, I had my doubts. Considering it's cheap price nowadays, its a bargain. The game is really good, especially if you take the price you pay for it at present day in consideration. There really is no reason not to get it if you have even the slightest of interest in FPS-games.

The main problem I had with the game was that the first ability you get (the teleport one) was also the ability I used for the majority of times troughout the game. You can possess animals (and later people) and summon rats, but I found myself only using the other abilities once or twice during my playthrough. I am not entirely blaming the game here, since I could have used the other abilities more, but they are'nt really required. The game also has a lack of side-quests in my opinion. The maps are quite big and there are many different paths you can take, but there only really is a main goal (or one side-goal, which usually is on the way towards your main one). These two things combined made me loose some of the interest in tackling the game in a different way, and left me just plowing through the last fourth of the game to finish up the story-element, not even caring about the runes or effiges, since I never really used them anyway. Sneaking by a guard by possessing a rat might be fun one time, but when you realize it's just way faster and safer to teleport past them, you end up rarely using anything else.

Again, this is my personal experience with the game, other people may absolutely tinker with the other abilities and explore many other possibilities, but I couldn't really keep up enough interest to do that, which is a minus in my book.

Other than that, it is a really solid game. The story is good, and the options in which you can tackle the missions is a fun feature, which adds some future replayability.
  17. Sep 1, 2014
    A very good game that mixes stealth and action in a very Deus Ex'y way (which is good).
    The world is extremely well designed with many details and secrets to uncover. There are books and notes to read, safes to crack, items to steal/scavenge. It isn't really open-world but the mission areas are big enough to give you at least 3-4 options of getting through them.
    Between every mission you
    Between every mission you get to purchase supplies and upgrades to customize your character. On missions you collect runes and bone charms, and purchase supernatural powers such as time bending which really adds to your arsenal.
    The world does react to what you do, so if you kill people like a maniac the city will plunge into chaos and everybody will be afraid of you coming for them, if you are merciful and stealthy your quest will actually lead your character and the city into redemption. Different endings and levels changing based on your actions give it some replayablity.
    The story is a bit predtictable but not at all bad, and the reactions of characters to your actions really makes up for it.
    Voice acting, sound effects and the music are on a decent level, but don't expect anything special here. Guards' dialogues will sometimes repeat in an annoying way. Swords and guns sound flat.
    Graphically it looks dated, luckily you can tweak it a bit on PC in the ini file so it looks almost like vanilla Skyrim.
    Combat could be better, it's a little too fast and chaotic if you do not use powers, and if you do it gets ridiculously easily.
    Stealth is a bit silly at times, for example you get basically undetectable if you're at higher level than guards, because they never think to look up.
    There are a lot of "WOW" moments in the game, when you do a particulary awesome move or perform a cool assasination. It makes up for the crappy combat and meh stealth.

Imo this desperately needs a sequel ! Gets an 8/10, best assassin game after Asassin's Creed.
  18. Aug 30, 2014
    I had high expectations for this game but it is far better than I believed a game could be. The number of ways to approach any situation is limitless. You can kill everyone or not touch anyone at all throughout the entire game. The city of Dunwall is masterfully sculpted with the incredible art direction. The character design is very creative. Dishonored is truly a breath of fresh air fromI had high expectations for this game but it is far better than I believed a game could be. The number of ways to approach any situation is limitless. You can kill everyone or not touch anyone at all throughout the entire game. The city of Dunwall is masterfully sculpted with the incredible art direction. The character design is very creative. Dishonored is truly a breath of fresh air from the tonne of dumb shooters out today and truly demonstrates what a game can be and is the benchmark of what every developer should aim for. 9.5/10 Expand
  19. sft
    Aug 11, 2014
    There’s a rat in the kitchen -- and everywhere else

There’s a rat in the kitchen -- and everywhere else

I loved this game and can find only one fault with it (more about that later). Arkane Studios have created a compelling game that ticks just about all the right boxes for me. It looks great, with very striking design and a unique painterly style. The city of Dunwall is beautifully realised and is a joy to explore. The gameplay successfully fuses the use of powers and weapons and the choice between stealth and combat is nicely balanced. The mission design is quite varied and allows for a number of ways to complete each one, thus offering decent replay value. The voice acting is always convincing, thanks to a star-studded cast, and the story is reasonable, although not strikingly original. Where it falls short is in the level of humour. Aside from one amusing line about someone not wearing pants I don’t recall there being many laughs along the way. And that’s a shame, because if not for the lack of humour I would have given DISHONORED a full score.
  20. Aug 2, 2014
    Very stylish mix of Half-Life 2, Thief and No One Lives Forever with high qualities, taken from all these sources and blending them into a slightly dark retro-future-industrial package. Good level design, nice aesthetics, story and a just about right amount of balance between action and sneaky playstyle. Even on hard mode it was kinda short and easy stroll for just about 1 full gaming day,Very stylish mix of Half-Life 2, Thief and No One Lives Forever with high qualities, taken from all these sources and blending them into a slightly dark retro-future-industrial package. Good level design, nice aesthetics, story and a just about right amount of balance between action and sneaky playstyle. Even on hard mode it was kinda short and easy stroll for just about 1 full gaming day, but that seems to be the case for most modern games in this genre lately and if it's well-done like this, it can still provide a very strong experience. "What will we do with a drunken whaler? Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver Early in the morning." 8/10 Expand
  21. Jul 28, 2014
    Best Game of 2012 no doubt case closed!!! If you like stealth or just going full rambo style cutting people's heads off this game is all for you! 10/10 and this game will always have a special place in my heart :)
  22. Jul 22, 2014
    This game deserves far more sales than it got. It feels like what the new Thief game should have been. The controls are tight, the story is interesting and the stealth mechanics work well. I have played through three times since I bought it at release and enjoyed it at all times. Probably my third favourite game, with only The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite surpassing it. HighlyThis game deserves far more sales than it got. It feels like what the new Thief game should have been. The controls are tight, the story is interesting and the stealth mechanics work well. I have played through three times since I bought it at release and enjoyed it at all times. Probably my third favourite game, with only The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite surpassing it. Highly recommended, especially since you can get it really cheap now.

Also, this is blatant bragging but I had the second highest score in the world for the "Back Alley Brawl" DLC for a few weeks at one point.
  23. Jul 22, 2014
    Good story, good game play, well balanced stealth and promising playing time for a single player game. I've deducted points because of very long books and notes you'll find in game, which most probably you won't read because of the lenght; and number of bugs. In addition to that, game becomes repetitive fairly quickly. If you have time to waste, I can recommend it. If you are looking forGood story, good game play, well balanced stealth and promising playing time for a single player game. I've deducted points because of very long books and notes you'll find in game, which most probably you won't read because of the lenght; and number of bugs. In addition to that, game becomes repetitive fairly quickly. If you have time to waste, I can recommend it. If you are looking for something more serious fun, pass it. After 2nd mission, everything else is rinse & repeat. Expand
  24. Jul 19, 2014
    A FUN stealth game, reminds a lot of the Thief series, very nice graphics, nice worlds and the City of Dunwall is fantastic although there is a little gloomy side of the city considering the plague... BUT! A fantastic game, very good work on behalf of Arkane Studios
  25. Jul 18, 2014
    What a great game. I love it that I was given the choice to avoid killing, and I made it all the way through my first run without killing a single person. I sat down for my next run, intending to try the game with a different tack... and still didn't kill anyone. It just didn't make sense that a man who was trying to prove his innocence of one murder would kill other people in thatWhat a great game. I love it that I was given the choice to avoid killing, and I made it all the way through my first run without killing a single person. I sat down for my next run, intending to try the game with a different tack... and still didn't kill anyone. It just didn't make sense that a man who was trying to prove his innocence of one murder would kill other people in that process, and the game's ability to answer that throws a harsh light on so many other redemption stories in which more killing is mandatory.

The AI is not the best, to say the least, which is problematic for a stealth game. In some ways, their predictable natures and poor decision-making skills makes the NPCs into useful opponents; you can watch their patterns and wait for your moment. However, this does knock you out of the game a little bit and makes the clockwork of the game too apparent when it should be invisible, and it also diminishes your own feelings of smartness when you outwit these stupid guards.

Another downside is that in order to connect with the story, you have to scour every area and find some essential messages that are hidden behind secret walls. It would be very easy not to see some vital story notes even if you were being pretty careful about hunting around, and that's a problem. We're looking at a game which, although environments have many branches, are mostly quite tight pathways within themselves. I guess that these little gems were hidden away with the expectation that almost all players would be motivated to hunt them all, but my conversations with many Dishonored players proves otherwise - I knew many things that they did not.

Overall though, this is a great game with a new movement mechanic, and the DLC is for once not only good but essential - some of the best moments of the game are inside that extra content.
  26. Jul 16, 2014
    The gameplay perfect (stealth and combat), the storyline was perfect, EVERYTHING was perfect! Also this game had few open world attributes, that I really liked!! This is the best game I ever played!!!
  27. Jul 7, 2014
    Fantastic game.
    Fantastic game.
    Interesting fact - the art director of this game also did Half Life 2. Notice how the enemies remind you of the combine and the technology is drawn from the same cloth. I bought this game on the stream sale last month and have played it several times. Sadly games like this do not come out very often but when they do it really shows just what this medium can offer as a way of telling stories.
  28. Jul 3, 2014
    I loved the universe and the gameplay.
    BUT
    Game: BE PISSED-OFF ABOUT LIFE ! Me: Why? Game: Because. Look. They killed the emperess Me: Who is she? Do I know her? Game: NO TIME TO EXPLAIN. REVENGE! Me: But seriously, who is she? And those guys here? Who the hell are they? Game: ARE YOU PISSED-OFF OR WHAT? Me: not... really ... I guess i should... It's looks like those guys are
    I loved the universe and the gameplay.
    BUT

Game: BE PISSED-OFF ABOUT LIFE !
    Me: Why?
    Game: Because. Look. They killed the emperess
    Me: Who is she? Do I know her?
    Game: NO TIME TO EXPLAIN. REVENGE!
    Me: But seriously, who is she? And those guys here? Who the hell are they?
    Game: ARE YOU PISSED-OFF OR WHAT?
    Me: not... really ... I guess i should... It's looks like those guys are the bad guys and I'm the good guy and...
    Game: CMON LETS GO REVENGE...
    Me: if you say so... I will try to do as you say, but I still can't feel any tension in me...
    Game: HERE YOU TAKE WEAPONS AND **** AND GO HAVE FUN
    Me: mhh ok... But really I don't know those guys... And you who are you?
    Game: damn this player is such a mess....
  29. Jul 2, 2014
    Dishonored - Example of perfect game nowadays.
    The story, the gameplay, the theme, it's everything perfectly combined.
    In this Steampunk Stealth Action-Adventure FPS video game, you are a noble, who was dishonored, intentionally accused for a murder you haven't done and sent to prison. Your purpose is to become an assassin with given special powers and cleanse yourself! 10/10 Best
    Dishonored - Example of perfect game nowadays.
    The story, the gameplay, the theme, it's everything perfectly combined.

10/10 Best Stealth Game EVER
  30. Jul 2, 2014
    Not sure why this game got 91 on metacritic, does not deserve it sorry. Its average at best and trying so hard to be Thief, Deus Ex and Bioshock it hurts to look at....whoever the writers are need to look up the word pseudo, because that's what you are and that's what this game is, a pseudo game written by pseudo writers.....Don't believe the hype kids. Bioshock Infinite is a fresh crispNot sure why this game got 91 on metacritic, does not deserve it sorry. Its average at best and trying so hard to be Thief, Deus Ex and Bioshock it hurts to look at....whoever the writers are need to look up the word pseudo, because that's what you are and that's what this game is, a pseudo game written by pseudo writers.....Don't believe the hype kids. Bioshock Infinite is a fresh crisp raspberry, Dishonoured is one made by a 3d printer. Expand
  31. Jun 29, 2014
    Overall the game was fun and worth playing but my main problem with it is that it is too short. I beat the game in about 12 hours including my random, murderous rampages. DLC doesn't count there should have been more content in the original package.
  32. Jun 25, 2014
    Dishonored has been one of my favourite gaming experience. The story and the gameplay will change with your way of dealing with the enemies, which adds a replay value for those interested, and the special powers are very well integrated in the story.

The music is perfect, from the trailer to the last song of the game, making the atmosphere very dark and spooky Never have I been so

Never have I been so implicated in a storyline. I mean I REALLY wanted to kill the bad guys and I even realized at the end that I had just killed everyone in a rage run at some point, although I started the game all stealthy "because I was a good guy". The story really made me change my character's personality, and that's why I give a 9.5 to this game

The last 0.5 would have gone the a longer storyline. I think the story could have been longer, and the "special power" part a bit more developed.

Conclusion : A game for thieves and for warriors too, a fantastic journey in a dark world. Get it for nearly nothing on Steam !
  33. Jun 23, 2014
    This game is definitely up there. But it's not for everyone. I personally did not like the OP zapping and possessing abilities that the game so readily gives to you near the beginning. The story is also very shallow, and I couldn't keep my interest invested in it. It's still got good gameplay mechanics. And I still enjoyed zapping from the shadows to knock someone out then zap back. But IThis game is definitely up there. But it's not for everyone. I personally did not like the OP zapping and possessing abilities that the game so readily gives to you near the beginning. The story is also very shallow, and I couldn't keep my interest invested in it. It's still got good gameplay mechanics. And I still enjoyed zapping from the shadows to knock someone out then zap back. But I feel it was missing a few things. I wouldn't recommend a buy without some research on whether you'd truly like it or not first. If you see this game and you're not feeling it, chances are you shouldn't buy it. Expand
  34. Jun 23, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    After returning from a foreign voyage to seek aid with the deadly plague ravaging the city, Corvo Attano travels to the tower of Dunwall and meets with the Empress. After delivering a message, they are attacked by teleporting assassins led by Daud; they magically restrain Corvo, kill the Empress and kidnap her daughter Emily. Corvo then is blamed for the murder and is sentenced to execution. He breaks out, and together with him and a conspiracy group, He has to avenge the empress's death. The story here is essentially Corvo doing contracts for this group in order to get to the newly crowned emperor Lord Regent. Each contract being somehow related to Regent. The story here is nothing special or original. What is original here is the city of Dunwall that the game takes place in. The "plaque" that ravages the city really does make you feel uncomfortable and a little sad to see how much of the city is ruined because of it. I also liked how similar this game's plaque is to the real life Bubonic plaque right down to how it spreaded with rats. All the characters here are well voiced, even if they're aren't unique, and some of them are likeable. The biggest problem with the characters is with Corvo mostly due to how he's another generic "mute" protagonist. Some of the scenes with him and with some of the other other characters could've been more interesting and emotionally compelling but because he never talks (outside of simple grunts while in gameplay), those scenes feel more awkward and uninteresting instead. A message to Arkane Studios: Why give your protagonist an actual face if your not gonna give him a proper voice actor. Besides a predictable plot and an uninteresting mute, the story here is service-able. 6/10

Gameplay:
    The biggest strength of this game is in the gameplay seeing as how the exceptional level design and multiple ways of completing contracts makes the gameplay fun along with good replayability. Now while you can't get different swords and pistols, you can still upgrade them as well as upgrading your supernatural powers. These special powers are: teleportation, possessing animals and humans, unleashing a swarm of deadly rats, seeing through walls, releasing a gust of wind that knocks back or kills enemies, and slowing/stopping time. You can upgrade these along with some nice perks to boost your stealth and combat skills. You can also use a heart (literally) to help find runes to upgrade your powers and bone charms which serve as perks. When caught, you can use your sword, pistol, or crossbow (all of these including ammo type can be upgraded using blueprints) to silence your victims. Because of the excellent level design, the game presents you with multiple ways of getting to your target and eliminating your target. Think Hitman but with super powers and no clothes changing. The game also has side missions that you can do for rewards, and the gameplay has affects that happen based on how you play. Completing side missions and completing missions with low chaos (stealthy way) will have characters behaving differently along with a different final mission structure than if you were to go loud and kill everyone. On a side note, this is one of the few stealth games where you can incapacitate an enemy rather than killing him/her if you're interested in not getting your hands dirty. I also liked the dialogue that happens between guards and contracts and the A.I. does a solid job of being a challenge. The only problem I have with the gameplay actually has nothing to do with how the game plays. The problem here is there's NO new game plus, and for a game like this that encourages replaying missions, that can be a big problem for some players including me. What if I wanted to try the entire game using all my newfound powers and upgrades without killing anyone? Well, I'm out of luck unless there's a mod for it somewhere. The gameplay here is fantastic, but because of the lack of new game plus, I'm afraid that outside of achievement/trophy hunting, I'm not sure if I'll be returning to Dunwall anytime soon. 8/10

Graphics:
    The game looks good at max settings. Dunwall is quite a city to look at, facial models and lip-synching are good, the textures are ok, and the lighting does a great job. The game looks good, but not really mindblowing. 7/10

Sound:
    All the in-game sound effects are nice to hear, and the score does a really great job at building tension when you get spotted. Outside of combat, the score plays some nice background tunes as you're exploring Dunwall. The music here fits the world of Dunwall greatly. 8/10

Verdict:
    Dishonored could've been one of the all time greatest stealth games ever despite having a weak story, but the lack of new game plus really hurts this game the same way it hurt Bioshock: Infinite. I'd still say buy it, but if you want great replayability, then I'd suggest sticking with Hitman. At least he gets to keep his weapons.

Rating: 8/10
  35. Jun 23, 2014
    Excellent stealth dystopia. SCORE 95/100.

Steampunk dystopian Hitman Absolution. That, by the way, makes for an awesome game. Superb controls, good RPG upgrade system, extremely cool story, and graphics that still look great almost 2 years later. If you like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Hitman, Thief, Bioshock, Deus Ex, or Tomb Raider - then you will think this game is simply a
    Excellent stealth dystopia. SCORE 95/100.

If you like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Hitman, Thief, Bioshock, Deus Ex, or Tomb Raider - then you will think this game is simply a masterpiece. You will not soon forget it.
  36. Jun 22, 2014
    I was looking forward to buy this game when on a Steam discount, expecting it to be something like a steampunkt Deus Ex, but it turned out as an disappointment for me. The game looks good, the settings are lovely and original, and it's obvious there is a lot of work and polishing behind the game, but it just didn't fit my tastes too well, and I quit playing it after several hours. DunnoI was looking forward to buy this game when on a Steam discount, expecting it to be something like a steampunkt Deus Ex, but it turned out as an disappointment for me. The game looks good, the settings are lovely and original, and it's obvious there is a lot of work and polishing behind the game, but it just didn't fit my tastes too well, and I quit playing it after several hours. Dunno what is wrong with the game, but somehow the game play isn't fun for me. Still obviously a well made game that can be fun for many others. Expand
  37. Jun 21, 2014
    OK action/stealth game. Way overrated by the critic reviews in my opinion. The game doesn't really bring anything new to the genre, the story is OK at best and the graphics are a bit so so at times.
  38. Jun 15, 2014
    Gameplay is top notch. The ability to take different paths through levels makes for interesting capabilities and plenty of replay value. I recommend playing the game at least twice, once killing everyone and one killing nobody (particularly to compare the differences in the end-game).

It's actually easier to play the game when killing is allowed, as if you make a mistake on a stealthy attack, you can expect nearby hostiles to notice you, and there's very few non-lethal ways to take out enemies (which is kind of disappointing). For example, the tallboys cannot be taken out in a non-lethal way at all. Similarly, most weapons and traps are lethal.

One major complaint I have is how light is not very useful. The main problem is that with the exception of candles, you cannot take out light sources.

The AI is typically fairly believable. One thing in particular that I liked was how the guards would notice if there should have been other guards in an area. However, you'll occasionally hear guards muttering about "knowing you're there" when they haven't seen you or any evidence of you. Guards also suck at vertical vision. You just need a little height advantage and you're as good as invisible.

The story is somewhat weak. It's fairly predictable and cliched. The environments, however, are top notch in terms of detail and immersion. I could do with the game being a little longer (my non-lethal, all collectables playthrough took approximately 15 hours), but with the replay value, Dishonored is a solid title for approximately 30 hours of play.
  39. Jun 11, 2014
    This is one of the most groundbreaking games ever made!

Pros:
    Excellent Visuals
    Strong Gameplay
    Moral Choice System
    Steampunk Setting Mastered

Cons:
    Ending(s)

Overall, this game will blow your mind!
  40. Jun 9, 2014
    Dishonored is a great stealth-action game, with some enjoyable RPG elements. It's good, most of the time, despite poor AI and the unsatisfying ending.
  41. Jun 6, 2014
    Excellent game, i enjoyed a lot this game, very good looking graphics, good ambientation, very comfortable controls, hope this game is the first of a succesfull franchise. The storyline is very complete, with pros and contras, but looking at the details you can see how well designed this game is. The only problem i have was with some executions, too quick executions, not too creative. TheExcellent game, i enjoyed a lot this game, very good looking graphics, good ambientation, very comfortable controls, hope this game is the first of a succesfull franchise. The storyline is very complete, with pros and contras, but looking at the details you can see how well designed this game is. The only problem i have was with some executions, too quick executions, not too creative. The enemy IA is okay, and you can go around being stealth or fighting like a man, i love the realistic effects in the combat system. The game is linear but at the same time it give you the oportunity to explore and search for runes and stuff, rescue people or just enjoy the beautiful landscapes. Overall is a great game, but it is not perfect. I totally recommend this game, it's a very decent release. Expand
  42. Jun 2, 2014
    I found this game incredibly engaging, the first time I played it I hacked, slashed, gunned, and killed everything that I could and quickly discovered that my actions were affecting the entire game in a way I didn't like. I finished the game and went back to play it with stealth and loved the experience. I am not really an achievement chaser (in fact I usually just try to finish the gameI found this game incredibly engaging, the first time I played it I hacked, slashed, gunned, and killed everything that I could and quickly discovered that my actions were affecting the entire game in a way I didn't like. I finished the game and went back to play it with stealth and loved the experience. I am not really an achievement chaser (in fact I usually just try to finish the game and put it aside), yet I have replayed levels and the game a number of times attempting to best my last performance. I would put this game and Deus Ex: Human Revolution as two of my favorite games that I recently played, yet this one still comes out far ahead of Deus Ex. I found it far less linear and more enjoyable on replays. Overall, I would say this is one of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  43. Jun 2, 2014
    Dishonest is one of those rare games that appears out of nowhere and does almost everything right.
    From the amazing characters and script, to the beautiful art style and environments.
    The true achievement of this game was its ability to fully immerse me into its character rich world, filled with unique game-play and ever so amazing stealth mechanics. Not many 1st person games have

Not many 1st person games have made think about the consequences of my actions.
    There are multiple endings to this game; depending of course, what path you choose to take.

Action, mixed with stealth and puzzles a plenty. Dishonest has achieved to find the correct balance, that so many games fail to capture, while being able to offer a great story.

If your growing ever tired of the annual onslaught of military shooters being offered; Dishonest may be just the game you have been looking for. Especially if you looking for something a little more cerebral.
  44. May 18, 2014
    I've spent about 58 hours, and frankly I want more :). This game may look cartoon-ish, but please don't be fooled by this - the game tests your humaneness from its 1st second till its last one: you may kill every foe you see, or you may kill no one at all - it's up to you. And like Sir Isaac Newton said, every action has a reaction (simple form) - I mean, whatever you do in the game, allI've spent about 58 hours, and frankly I want more :). This game may look cartoon-ish, but please don't be fooled by this - the game tests your humaneness from its 1st second till its last one: you may kill every foe you see, or you may kill no one at all - it's up to you. And like Sir Isaac Newton said, every action has a reaction (simple form) - I mean, whatever you do in the game, all your actions have a consequences.
    The main part of the game is dedicated to Corvo. Alas, he is silent, which I don't like. But in the add-on (The Knife of Dunwall, Brigmore Witches), you're playing as Daud, who is much more talkative. Well, Michael Madsen, as Daud, is fun.
    For those who love stealth games, especially Thief 1&2&3: IMHO, this game is more Thief-esque than the last Thief (2014). It has a good story, a nice NPCs and their dialogues, a lot of perfectly hidden stashes with loot, and you're free to hide from your foes and neutralize them in old Thief style - by sneaking from behind. Also, the game has a lot of tributes to the Thief series, so you'll definitely smile every time you see them.
    Bottom line: it's a must-have.
  45. May 18, 2014
    Great game, I couldn't stop playing it until I finished, went to sleep at midnight, woke up at 7 and continued.
    The game is a stealth/action game, with sooooo many choices. Can't wait to play all the DLCs and to replay the game a few times.
  46. May 16, 2014
    Dishonored is a game that just feels right.
    It gets the game play perfect and cunningly inserts the use of steampunk weaponry and magic into a plot.
    I have never played a game quite like this one.
  47. May 13, 2014
    First off, I do want to say that I love the world that they've created - the locations, the characters (some are admittedly shallow/bland), the lore/history. I found myself wrapped up in it. Although admittedly the whole "Outsider" thing is very... odd. The graphics and the sounds are good enough too. Yes, this type of plot has been done before, but why is that considered such a bad thingFirst off, I do want to say that I love the world that they've created - the locations, the characters (some are admittedly shallow/bland), the lore/history. I found myself wrapped up in it. Although admittedly the whole "Outsider" thing is very... odd. The graphics and the sounds are good enough too. Yes, this type of plot has been done before, but why is that considered such a bad thing to warrant such a low score? How many movies, shows, books, and songs have the same themes and storylines over and over and over again?

Second, while this is dubbed as a stealth action game, I do have to admit that the options for stealth are fairly limited (mostly blink+choke or blink+avoid or maybe a sleep dart here and there). Plus you really can go around running and gunning, although on the harder difficulties that's obviously more of a challenge to do. However, I still found myself enjoying the gameplay and I don't think it's bad but I don't think it's great either. It's definitely not as complex as you would think.

Third, I do have gripes about the game although they're relatively minor. My biggest gripe would have to be the lack of options for equipment. You're basically stuck with a sword, a pistol, and a crossbow. I'm a sucker for new items and equipment in games so I was somewhat disappointed when I found that you don't use anything other than those three main items. Of course, there's the whole magic component, but that's a different matter.

Honestly, for all those people asking for something completely new or different, I wish you the best of luck. Those games are rare for a reason: coming up with completely new material that not only works well but sells well is extremely difficult nowadays. Not to mention all you whiners about "they stole this from that game" etc etc... you do realize that every single step of progress humanity has ever made was because of "stolen" ideas/material from what we've done in the past?

Overall, I enjoyed this game. While not a perfect 10, it's a solid albeit short game and one that I'd recommend to my friends.
  48. May 10, 2014
    Best game I ever played and I've played a lot. Beautiful dark and gritty steampunk setting and nice graphics. Even after two years it still works. But, don't be a fool and run around killing everyone. You'll finish the game in a few hours you're in for a bland and shallow experience like some critics here state. Try to play the game unnoticed by your enemies or at least try killing nobodyBest game I ever played and I've played a lot. Beautiful dark and gritty steampunk setting and nice graphics. Even after two years it still works. But, don't be a fool and run around killing everyone. You'll finish the game in a few hours you're in for a bland and shallow experience like some critics here state. Try to play the game unnoticed by your enemies or at least try killing nobody and you're in for hours of good, sometimes frustrating game play. Expand
  49. May 6, 2014
    hugely impressed by this game, tons of fun and has so much replay-ability that you can have fun with it for 20+ hours. The chaos system is also a cool addition even though its nothing new, the whole good/bad has been seen before but with separate endings for each level of chaos (good and bad that is) it means you can play the game a second time to find out how it ends for the other type ofhugely impressed by this game, tons of fun and has so much replay-ability that you can have fun with it for 20+ hours. The chaos system is also a cool addition even though its nothing new, the whole good/bad has been seen before but with separate endings for each level of chaos (good and bad that is) it means you can play the game a second time to find out how it ends for the other type of play-through, but instead of playing the exact same game and only having a different ending, the game itself changes as you play in either good or bad, it doesn't change drastically but enough that you notice it and even small things like dialogue or ennemy position change. They have also gone for the scavenger mechanic, where there is loot scaterred across the levels for you to find, and these levels, finding all of it can be a real challenge because the levels are HUGE and have many paths for you to discover to complete the level (you can literally finish the entire game without having to kill anyone, at all). The gameplay is slightly different but not super different, some have found it boring but i believe its still pretty good. This being a stealth(ish) game, it doesnt do that well in the actual stealth, it's to basic, hiding behind walls and peeking out to see your ennemis is about as far as it goes. However the devs decided to put in a series of spells which can be used to do some pretty crazy stuff, blink is the main spell that is a short teleport of a sort and you can do some pretty cool stuff with it, but what really caries this game for me is the crazy combinations of spells you can do in combat or to setup to best ambush ever. so in summary, cool choices to make story wise, fun and inventive combat, nice art style and levels ,plenty of replay-ability, believable storyline, not many interesting characters, boring stealth mechanics. Expand
  50. Apr 27, 2014
    High replay-ability. Awesome story, graphics, environment, everything!
    Bethesda always seems to make great games, the DLCs are well worth it and add to the main story in a way not many can accomplish
  51. Apr 16, 2014
    O Dishonored é algo de especial, é o primeiro titulo do que muito provavelmente se vai tornar num novo franchise de videojogos. É um jogo na primeira pessoa, numa era victoriana com um visual estilizado de pintura a óleo onde somos um assassino com uma mascara bonita onde podemos jogar entre dois oposto, podemos ser um assassino invisível e passar todo o jogo sem matar uma única alma, ouO Dishonored é algo de especial, é o primeiro titulo do que muito provavelmente se vai tornar num novo franchise de videojogos. É um jogo na primeira pessoa, numa era victoriana com um visual estilizado de pintura a óleo onde somos um assassino com uma mascara bonita onde podemos jogar entre dois oposto, podemos ser um assassino invisível e passar todo o jogo sem matar uma única alma, ou podemos jogar como um shooter onde temos poderes mágicos e matamos todos os inimigos que aparecem entre nos e o nosso objectivo, e tudo o que se possa imaginar pelo meio.

Lê o resto da review em:
  52. Apr 15, 2014
    Perfect. Chapters are sewn together seamlessly. The stealth was enough to take you biting your nails. The nonlinear ending was also good, making it a replayable game. Simply perfect.
  53. Mar 31, 2014
    As far as the gameplay goes, it's excellent.
    Stealth mechanics are superb. interesting level design with multiple ways to complete each mission.
    The story decent, but my main gripe is the characters themselves: voice acting is meh, dialogues are boring and and overall pretty dull. plus the protagonist is silent so you don't really gets attacked to him. (although he is not customized)
    As far as the gameplay goes, it's excellent.
    Overall had a lot of fun, but could have been much better.
  54. Mar 27, 2014
    Dishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixingDishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixing powers together to create devastating results. For example, you can windblast someone off a bridge, freeze time, warp to the ground and drop a spring trap, and watch the falling carcass get ripped apart. It's hysterical how fun the powers are to use. While some levels are more tedious than others, the exceptional levels are the ones I've remembered to this day. The game is memorable, fun, fast paced for a stealth game, and tells its story with efficiency. The only thing it's missing is an end-game where you could run around areas you've gone in using those powers of yours to find creative ways to down your foes. That would've made this the best game I've ever played. It still scores a 10/10 with me because of its gameplay. Despite the lack of any replay value if you play stealth, it's a great creativity device, and it is actually still worth replaying if you enjoy murdering guards with combinations of powers and a well-placed bullet.
    This game is a lot like Bioshock Infinite, if you think of it. The stories are both dystopias, both involve rescuing a damsel in distress, both are around the 10-12 hour mark with no end-game or save files, both take place before 2000 (It's hard to tell with Dishonored. It seems to take place in a steampunk society, to a degree.), and both involve extraterrestrial powers (Except that Bioshock explains them as Vigors, while Dishonored states that they originate from the Mark of the Outsider.)
    The DLC for Dishonored adds a whole new world, and does DLC right for an accurate price.
    This game was worth every penny, and I don't think I'll ever play a better stealth game.
    The game plays a silent protagonist extremely well. It's more fitting than a protagonist like, say, Garret from Thief. Corvo fits better as a silent protagonist, except, that you feel for him and his story, which motivates you to play to the end. This game tells its story flawlessly, its protagonist is silent yet memorable, and it is FUN AS HELL.
  55. Mar 16, 2014
    Just finished playing GOTY edition of the game and it was great, I don't have much to complain about. You can try either a stealth or more hands on approach (lethal or non-lethal) and it works both ways. The game leaves it up to you to find many creative ways of neutralizing enemies and it affects how it all ends. Story is nothing new really just your typically save the day lazy story thatJust finished playing GOTY edition of the game and it was great, I don't have much to complain about. You can try either a stealth or more hands on approach (lethal or non-lethal) and it works both ways. The game leaves it up to you to find many creative ways of neutralizing enemies and it affects how it all ends. Story is nothing new really just your typically save the day lazy story that you find everywhere but it works I suppose. The 2 story DLC's are also very good. Expand
  56. Mar 2, 2014
    It's a perfectly executed stealth system, at least, perfect in a gameplay sense. It may not have the intricate realism of Hitman, but it's so fun; its a game I can keep coming back to. (I've done about 11 playthroughs of the main campaign and about 4 on each DLC.) Combat is fun, stealth is fun, the story is original and nice, the level design is brilliant, and the mechanics are fresh. WhatIt's a perfectly executed stealth system, at least, perfect in a gameplay sense. It may not have the intricate realism of Hitman, but it's so fun; its a game I can keep coming back to. (I've done about 11 playthroughs of the main campaign and about 4 on each DLC.) Combat is fun, stealth is fun, the story is original and nice, the level design is brilliant, and the mechanics are fresh. What else can you ask for? Well worth it.
    And it has maybe the best achievement list of any game ever.
  57. Mar 2, 2014
    I love this game.

I've played through it 3 times in full, and plan to play all the DLC as well. The world it's in, the experience of choosing revenge or rising above, the variety of fun "toys" with which to take down foes...it all adds up to a great game. I own both the pc and the ps3 version (well I gave the ps3 to a friend, but wanted to play it again and got the pc version) and
    I love this game.

I own both the pc and the ps3 version (well I gave the ps3 to a friend, but wanted to play it again and got the pc version) and I'd say the pc is slightly (but only slightly) inferior to to ps3. I almost always prefer games on pc, but in this case, I've noticed the gameplay is ever so slightly less smooth.

Rare for me, if you have both a pc and a ps3, buy the ps3 version...but if no ps3, don't hesitate for a second to buy it on pc. It's a wonderful game.
  58. Feb 25, 2014
    This game isn't terrible any means its just tedious and dull. The main character corvo has got to be the most uninteresting protagonist ever created. The game does nothing to motivated you to care about any of the characters at all. The combat system is decent. You can use firearms special abilities and your sword but that too get boring rather quickly like the stealth aspect does. TheThis game isn't terrible any means its just tedious and dull. The main character corvo has got to be the most uninteresting protagonist ever created. The game does nothing to motivated you to care about any of the characters at all. The combat system is decent. You can use firearms special abilities and your sword but that too get boring rather quickly like the stealth aspect does. The game does give you choices in how to navigate to your target and how to eliminate your target but that's the only freedom you really get... the levels are small areas you can travel but you won't find anything interesting anyway. The game is definitely too linear for my tastes.. its a good thing I bought this game when it was on sale. Expand
  59. Feb 22, 2014
    Love this game. I love all the choices you can make. I particularly love that not only can you always use stealth but the rooftops and gangways are well developed and fun--not just a toss in. Also, you can sneak as a human or as a rat or other animal or person. I also love that you can play through the entire game only having to kill 2 or 3 NPCs. The world is cohesive, the art isLove this game. I love all the choices you can make. I particularly love that not only can you always use stealth but the rooftops and gangways are well developed and fun--not just a toss in. Also, you can sneak as a human or as a rat or other animal or person. I also love that you can play through the entire game only having to kill 2 or 3 NPCs. The world is cohesive, the art is great, the NPCs are engaging. All around best FPS game I've ever played. I wish there were more games like this! Expand
  60. Feb 21, 2014
    Great game. Super fun and challenging to play if you choose the complete stealth route. Not a whole lot of story but I mainly gravitated toward the game play. Lots of fun!
  61. Feb 16, 2014
    I just finished " Dishonored " and I have to say the game is a masterpiece , memorable characters and dark atmosphere exactly how I like it . Artwork looks decent , the music in the game despite the gloomy climate is pleasant to the ear . The only reason could find fault with this linearity, we are led by the hand from point A to point B, but the authors tried to cover it up and gave usI just finished " Dishonored " and I have to say the game is a masterpiece , memorable characters and dark atmosphere exactly how I like it . Artwork looks decent , the music in the game despite the gloomy climate is pleasant to the ear . The only reason could find fault with this linearity, we are led by the hand from point A to point B, but the authors tried to cover it up and gave us some alternative routes . From turn off the gates of light , transform into a rat and use of drains, by climbing the roof to the elimination the enemies in the "classic" way . When it comes to the arsenal we have available: Crossbow ( incendiary bolts , hypnotic ) , guns ( bullets exploding) any of our weapons , we can improve (range, reload speed , number of rounds) . In the game we collect Runes and Bone Charms , which significantly facilitate our game-play . Absolutely excellent game , in terms of history narrated in it . With a pure heart, I can recommend the game to anyone. Expand
  62. Feb 14, 2014
    The "chaos" system makes this game feel quite unique. I really liked to see that killing or not really affects the world, not just the ending. Also, the game has a true meele combat system, that makes swordsplaying really fun.
  63. Feb 11, 2014
    This game is probably one of the most enjoyable I've played in a while. The world they made for this game is extremely interesting, and the atmosphere easily makes half the game. The missions are extremely detailed with multiple routes to take to the objective, although I'll have to point out that in a way the game black mails you into nonlethal solutions by giving you a "worse" endingThis game is probably one of the most enjoyable I've played in a while. The world they made for this game is extremely interesting, and the atmosphere easily makes half the game. The missions are extremely detailed with multiple routes to take to the objective, although I'll have to point out that in a way the game black mails you into nonlethal solutions by giving you a "worse" ending the more people you kill. While the high chaos ending where you killed a lot of people isn't happy, it's in my opinion the best one since I feel it fits with the overall theme of the game. The game is very polished, I only encountered a bug after 30 hours of playing. It's also very replayable, I was amazed at how much I over looked in the game when I played it the second time. The stealth and combat are very good and you have a great variety of abilities which let you do a lot of creative ways to get through things, and it's true variety, not just 30 weapons that all do the same thing. The only ability that's bad is dark vision, not because it's not useful, but because it's too useful and it feels like cheating to be able see basically everything of interest through walls at such a low mana usage. Otherwise the gameplay is great, but not hard enough. The guards can easily kill you if you insist on only using sword, but if you mix things up it's not very difficult, with some exceptions. I gave this game a 10/10 not because it was perfect but because there was nothing more you could really expect out of it that would significantly improve it. Hopefully in the next game they make it a little harder, because right now it's way to easy to get out of combat once you're in it most times, and they should remove dark vision and replace it with something else like telekinesis to pull things to you or something. Expand
  64. Feb 6, 2014
    Wonderful! Mesmerizing! Smashing! I haven't played a better game than this. Can stop myself from play it over and over again. If you are looking for a game with inspiring story, neat graphics and addictive gameplay, this is it!!!
  65. Jan 25, 2014
    You can tell there's a lot of work behind this game. Very good graphic with its "comic book" style and so "dark" you will really immerse in this plagued world. Level design and non-linear ways of completing missions is the best part of this title. But ... at the end it's not that long and even it the game authors think you will replay it a lot of times... i think you won't. Buy it if itYou can tell there's a lot of work behind this game. Very good graphic with its "comic book" style and so "dark" you will really immerse in this plagued world. Level design and non-linear ways of completing missions is the best part of this title. But ... at the end it's not that long and even it the game authors think you will replay it a lot of times... i think you won't. Buy it if it comes cheap. You will have fun. Expand
  66. Jan 24, 2014
    Finally! A stealth game that people who are bad at stealth games can really sink their teeth into. After only a couple of hours of gameplay, you will have access to several abilities that will allow you to completely and totally outclass any NPC in the game without even a modicum of careful playing. Gone are the days where you would need to watch NPC routines to come up with a solutionFinally! A stealth game that people who are bad at stealth games can really sink their teeth into. After only a couple of hours of gameplay, you will have access to several abilities that will allow you to completely and totally outclass any NPC in the game without even a modicum of careful playing. Gone are the days where you would need to watch NPC routines to come up with a solution to proceed unseen through an area. This game cleverly allows you to cut out all of that waiting nonsense and teleport, render yourself invisible, see through walls, kill NPCs and have their bodies instantly disappear, and if you still manage to get spotted, you can always stop time and just waltz right past any enemies while playing a trombone. This is the perfect stealth game for anyone who is sick and tired of all the skill and strategy required by most games of this genre. Expand
  67. Jan 21, 2014
    Based in a fictional setting of Dunwall, Dishonored tells us an interesting story of political corruption, betrayal, oppression and resistance, and of course lots and lots of death, whether it’s at the hands of the plague or the never-ending conflict that goes on. The immersive setting and nice story-telling are then assisted with gameplay that gives the player a chance to tackle everyBased in a fictional setting of Dunwall, Dishonored tells us an interesting story of political corruption, betrayal, oppression and resistance, and of course lots and lots of death, whether it’s at the hands of the plague or the never-ending conflict that goes on. The immersive setting and nice story-telling are then assisted with gameplay that gives the player a chance to tackle every challenge in their own way.

What I greatly enjoyed about Dishonored is the diversity in which it allows you to approach its challenges. It’s a similar style of gameplay as the Deus Ex games. The player can go in with stealth, or they can go guns blazing, or maybe to try some diplomacy, or even to mix and match all of those. Even the primary targets can be handled in ways other than violence. That’s right – it is possible to complete the game without killing any major antagonist.

Depending on how the player handles each mission, they will acquire either high chaos or low chaos. Being merciful, using non-lethal ways of taking down regular enemies, and not triggering alarms all lead to low chaos, which in turn leads to a good ending. The opposite leads to high chaos and hence a bad ending. This greatly adds to the replayability of the game and makes it interesting to complete it at least twice.

Apart from standard weapons and equipment used in each mission, the player also learns supernatural powers throughout the gameplay. They can do so by acquiring special runes which are found in many areas of the game. Many of these powers are very interesting and provide excellent opportunities to try out new and creative ways of getting past a challenge at hand. Perhaps the most commonly used power is Blink, which allows the player to quickly teleport short distances from one cover to another, which is extremely useful for stealthy gameplay. There are several great powers to use, but the ones that stood out the most to me were Possession, which allows the protagonist to possess rats and other small animals and to get through small crawlspaces this way, Dark Vision, which allows the player to see nearby enemies through walls, and Bend Time, with which the player can temporarily slow, and with an upgrade completely stop, the time.

There are few minor things to criticise about Dishonored, like the lack of ways to take out the enemies non-lethally (sleep darts and upclose seem like the only ways), or how sometimes enemy AI and behaviour can be a bit unpredictable. The ending also felt a bit rushed, but once I got to the end of the game, I realised that it’s not so much the ending that’s important in games like these, but the journey itself. All those are just small drawbacks and were nothing compared to the unforgettable experience the game as a whole provided to me. A single playthrough may go for only 15-20 hours, but each minute of that playthrough keeps you fully immersed in the game’s rich and somewhat gloomy steampunk setting, not to mention its great replay value.
  68. Jan 20, 2014
    A beautifully crafted stealth game from Bethesda. The atmosphere, setting, music, and gadgets all work to further immerse you in the world of Dunwall and in the role of Corvo Attano, previous Lord Protector to the Empress, trying to regain his/your honor. What Bethesda has done right is give its characters, from Admiral Havelock to lowly City Watch a good amount of depth, though the AI forA beautifully crafted stealth game from Bethesda. The atmosphere, setting, music, and gadgets all work to further immerse you in the world of Dunwall and in the role of Corvo Attano, previous Lord Protector to the Empress, trying to regain his/your honor. What Bethesda has done right is give its characters, from Admiral Havelock to lowly City Watch a good amount of depth, though the AI for enemies can be underwhelming at times. The stealth mechanics and art style are well done and keep the gameplay interesting. The story is thought out, if a bit too direct; I personally would have loved to see more of Dunwall than the fleeting glances afforded through the nine missions in the core game, though I enjoyed having varying endings whether you did the game as it was intended, in the shadows, or all out blasting through guards. Overall, if you are a fan or stealth games, beautiful level design, RPG games, moderately open world games, or something in between, Bethesda has crafted a masterpiece that in some way will impress and stick with you. Expand
  69. Jan 18, 2014
    [DISHONORED SteamPC Score10] One of the best games I have ever played. Play as a Master Assassin and Bodyguard framed for the death of the Queen. Get thrown into the dungeon, escape, take revenge. Play with Stealth or Action, Level up and choose Skills for Magic and others. Released Oct 2012 and played 9 months later. Add to cart with all the DLC. Enjoy this game smoothie….

[DRM] Steam

[DRM] Steam only, thank goodness there is no GamesForWindowsLive on this title, nor Uplay, nor Origin. I did not have to create an alternative account.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8G RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / Logitech G15 / Kensington ExpertMouse / Sennheiser HD600

[NowPlaying] BrokenAge [MyFavorites] [Win7] TombRaider Dishonored TheKnifeOfDunwall TheBrigmoreWitches TheDreamMachine Ep1-4 30FlightsOfLoving Fez BioshockInfinite Antichamber Stacking Metro2033 Rochard Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] Papo&Yo DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born 1964 I do not know anybody who works in the game industry ~ I just enjoy games : - ]
  70. Jan 17, 2014
    Bethesda did their job, and they did it extremely well. The ability of the player to change their story in Dishonored by playing the game multiple ways is an aspect which makes the game what it is...a nearly perfect experience. As strange as it is that Corvo (the main character) does not say a word throughout the game, it does not detract from the experience one bit. Be stealthy, beBethesda did their job, and they did it extremely well. The ability of the player to change their story in Dishonored by playing the game multiple ways is an aspect which makes the game what it is...a nearly perfect experience. As strange as it is that Corvo (the main character) does not say a word throughout the game, it does not detract from the experience one bit. Be stealthy, be murderous, be what you want to be. Expand
  71. Jan 13, 2014
    Fantastic game. Real gem.

+story, atmosphere, design (of everything from costumes to levels),gameplay, world changes and reacts to your actions (reminds me of first Deus Ex).

-sometimes too easy with all the powers player have
  72. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is absolute art. Every model in it seems to have the appropriate location, and really fits in the Victorian style that the game posses. The gameplay is exquisite and it's great the different approachs you can make to win the game. Stealth or a cold-hearted assasin? You decide. I personally won the game first in the normal mode, started killing everything the first 2 missions, andThis game is absolute art. Every model in it seems to have the appropriate location, and really fits in the Victorian style that the game posses. The gameplay is exquisite and it's great the different approachs you can make to win the game. Stealth or a cold-hearted assasin? You decide. I personally won the game first in the normal mode, started killing everything the first 2 missions, and after that i never got detected. I loved the stealthy way to play it. After that i replayed it on the hardcore version and i loved it more!

Thank you arcane studios for this game, I've been a real fan of you, my favorite game before this one was Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, but this one, totally beated it.

10/10.
  73. Jan 8, 2014
    Dishonored is one of those games that come out then you get hype and then you play it and it's just What the mother F*** where they thinking when they made this? The worst part about this entire game is the AI. It's completely broken. It's bad enough that this "stealth" game has the enemies telepathically tell EVERY other guard where you are. They will always shot there own guys fromDishonored is one of those games that come out then you get hype and then you play it and it's just What the mother F*** where they thinking when they made this? The worst part about this entire game is the AI. It's completely broken. It's bad enough that this "stealth" game has the enemies telepathically tell EVERY other guard where you are. They will always shot there own guys from behind and even throw grenades at there own guys. I'm not kidding, there so retarded. When you get to a place they can't get you from they just throw an infinitely amount of rocks at you. You play as a silent protagonist which sucks in its self. But it gets even more retarded when you let the queen die and instead of saying "hey, i didn't do it" you just go to jail. WTF. The games only hard if only for the AI being broken but besides that it's very easy. Stealth is so shallow that you'll hard yourself ever using it. The only good thing about this game is the rat manic. Rats will try to eat you and the music it plays is terrifying and i love those sections. (the only reason i gave this game a 3/10). Halfway through the game a little message on the loading screen told me that the more i kill the worse of an ending i would get. REALLY?! You couldn't have told me that before I've killed everyone? Even if the message came up in a earlier loading screen it wouldn't have mattered. That's not freedom of choice, not if I'm only not killing them cause i want a good ending. This whole game feels like a really bad bioshock. It's boring and bland with not so great graphics. i would never recommend this game. Expand
  74. Jan 7, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant game. Combines intuitive mechanics and exciting gameplay with an enthralling story and strong graphics, Everything a game should be. This comes very highly recommended.
  75. Jan 6, 2014
    People will most likely to hate me for giving it a score of a simple 7, seeing how many rated the game from 9 to 10, but Dishonored did not meet my expectations.
    The gameplay is fun, and the story is full of potential that in my opinion is not used.
    Cut-scenes are mostly boring and the plot is only seen at the start of the game and through the rest of it, it's implied. I love the
    I love the super-natural touch in the game and the optional objectives, but I just keep feeling like something big is missing.
    As a stealth action game it's working and not missing much.
    However after getting used to the game and playing it for about 3 hours I enjoyed it quite more.
    Also I love the graphics style, it's like a 3D oil painting.
    There's too little about the main protagonist all the information you get is his job and how he got, wait for it.... ~DISHONORED~. And usually it's no problem. but only when throughout playing the story you discover more and more, and here it feels like I'm a puppet in every mission.
    And being the puppet that you are, you can't do much else so you keep doing the same thing over and over again It's quite boring.

The game is fun, but it's missing a thrill.
  76. Jan 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Dishonored: Amazing and beautiful, the world created by Arkam are one of the most cool steam punk's i ever seen, the design of the game are truly gorgeous.
    *Gameplay: The gameplay is very fun and challenger, you can create your way using sewers, streets, roofs or you can fight using all of your weapons and powers, and killing people you will maximize the chaos and the game changes with your actions. I also finished all the DLC's of Dishonored and totally worth!

Bethesda is becoming the most interesting game developer.. A 10 to it
  77. Jan 1, 2014
    Boring and tedious. Picked it up on a Steam Sale for $7.50 and I can't keep playing it. Switching powers is a pain, the auto-save checkpoint system is kind of a mess (expect to go back and get runes again and reassign them to powers when you die before the next checkpoint), and the game is just not that interesting. It's a burden to pick up and play, I didn't find it engaging at all.Boring and tedious. Picked it up on a Steam Sale for $7.50 and I can't keep playing it. Switching powers is a pain, the auto-save checkpoint system is kind of a mess (expect to go back and get runes again and reassign them to powers when you die before the next checkpoint), and the game is just not that interesting. It's a burden to pick up and play, I didn't find it engaging at all. The game looks and sounds good, but that's all. The only game on the market today with rogue-like elements that nails it from alpha to omega is Assassin's Creed 4. Expand
  78. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is amazing, the 20 hours I spent on this game were the best 20 hours of my life. The stealth mechanics are so deep and the story line is so intriguing. Two words: get. it.
  79. Dec 29, 2013
    Always low on ammo so frustrating! Environments and surroundings seems a bit dull and boring, but apart from that, great storyline! smooth controls, interesting skills, definitely worth a try.
  80. Dec 26, 2013
    Dishonored is a fantastic stealth action game that can best be called a delicious fusion of Thief, Deus Ex, and BioShock. The stealth, movement, and combat mechanics are all satisfying enough to keep any gamer's attention, and the choice to kill or not kill any given foe makes for a surprising degree of replayability your choices have real effects on the world, in ways that would probablyDishonored is a fantastic stealth action game that can best be called a delicious fusion of Thief, Deus Ex, and BioShock. The stealth, movement, and combat mechanics are all satisfying enough to keep any gamer's attention, and the choice to kill or not kill any given foe makes for a surprising degree of replayability your choices have real effects on the world, in ways that would probably never occur to you.

I have at the present moment spent 67 hours on the game and its two story DLC (The Knife of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches). I've even gone to the trouble of playing through all of them twice to collect all the achievements. The main story campaign took me less than 15 hours my first playthrough and it's more than possible to complete the game in 10 hours or less if you really rush. However, the game has a deep world and backstory and is not meant for speedruns if take your time, search out the secrets, read the books scattered about, and listen to the goons you stalk before filling their headholes with steel, you'll discover a deep, rich, and unique world unlike anything in games today.

Gameplay is what a game lives or dies on, and Dishonored's is rock solid. Whether you want to sneak around unseen and undetected or charge in guns blazing and kill everyone in your path, Dishonored lets you carry out your assigned missions your way, without glitches, crashes, or bugs.

In addition to the excellent mechanics (on which all games live or die), Dishonored offers luxurious art (though tbqh, I feel the City 17 parallels are a little too striking), a satisfying storyline, widely varied missions, and top-flight voice acting. The music is mostly unremarkable, but since the game (quite reasonably) forces it to take a backseat to environmental and other sound effects, it's to be expected.
  81. Dec 24, 2013
    This is one of the best games of 2012. Simple incredible, almost perfect. Plot gripped me from the very beginning. Amazing combat and especially stealth system. Try hardest difficulty with no kill anyone. Also try to gather all coins in the game it was very hard and very entertaining!
    The only thing that saddened me is the ending feel quite empty and does not explain anything. Anyways, the game is great, I am waiting for DH2
  82. Dec 21, 2013
    After finishing the game, I was not that much impressed with the storyline. The gameplay however, was totally different story. I love freedom in games. If you are looking for game like Hitman: Blood Money combined with Deus Ex, then this is the game for you. Everything is permitted. You have to ability to chose the location, the weapon, the person, the powers, the amount of guards and evenAfter finishing the game, I was not that much impressed with the storyline. The gameplay however, was totally different story. I love freedom in games. If you are looking for game like Hitman: Blood Money combined with Deus Ex, then this is the game for you. Everything is permitted. You have to ability to chose the location, the weapon, the person, the powers, the amount of guards and even the route towards your destination. The game watches how you play, if you play stealthily (kill little to no guards, don't blow stuff up etc.) or gun's blazing (blow everything, nothing survives etc.) the game adapts itself. If you play stealthily, the missions further on will contain less security, if you gun's blazing on the other hand, you will have to fight an entire army.

All and all, It was a satisfying game and very recommendable.
  83. Dec 13, 2013
    This is the best game I have played to date. This is the best stealth-action game available today and I would recommend it to everyone! You can play however you want, if you want to run through the level and kill every single person you see, you can do it. If you want to sneak around and not let a single person know you were ever there, you can do it. And if you want to take your time toThis is the best game I have played to date. This is the best stealth-action game available today and I would recommend it to everyone! You can play however you want, if you want to run through the level and kill every single person you see, you can do it. If you want to sneak around and not let a single person know you were ever there, you can do it. And if you want to take your time to walk around, look at the beautiful detail in the game, you can do that too. This is a must play game for all gamers. Expand
  84. Dec 7, 2013
    Dishonored is one of the most thrilling games I have ever played. There are different ways to complete the game. Stealth, assassinating, or both. Dishonored is my game of the year.
  85. Dec 6, 2013
    Sadly, Dishonored feels like nothing but wasted opportunity to me. This is totally personified by the upgrade system or lack there of.

This upgrade system leads into the next issue I have which is the "collectibles" aren't exactly optional, these come in the form of "Runes" and "Bone Charms" Runes being a currency for your upgrades, bone charms allowing you minor upgrades, these so called collectibles are completely negated when you are given a utility known as the heart. This points out any one of these collectibles in the area no matter your proximity. I'll bet the designers who had to hide those collectibles were pissed when the gadget designers added the heart...

The story is average although there's a twist you'll see a mile and a half away. Character development in this story is minimum which I've come to expect from most triple A games. You'll know who the main baddie's going to be before the word dastardly can slip through your lips.

Gameplay has the usual stealth/stab-em up gameplay, get behind an enemy stab them. Dishonored DOES try to mix this up but falls at the first hurdle and knocks out it's teeth as it add's powers.(gifted by a mysterious being known as "The Outsider" who stirs some intrigue but then doesn't amount to anything but a narration/exposition vessel) These powers seem to completely break the stealthy pacing there should be in stealth games as the first power you're given allows you to warp up behind any enemy and stab them. A lot of the upgrades seem to be fairly useless as well, the only ones you really need is the aforementioned "Blink" warp spell, and the "Possession" spell which is self explanatory really. It allows you to possess an animal and at level two a human.

The level design is strange as it tries to trick you into thinking that the level is larger than it actually is by giving you multiple routes, which are the usual stealth game cliches of vents, front door, rooftops.

The game also decides to throw in a morality system which will completely up the way you play, making you load up a save because you accidentally killed someone and that might make you get the bad ending. This in turn ruins the gameplay feel that I think Arkane were going for, the type of gameplay that can jump from stealth to combat in an instant, this is definitely the case with some of the items and upgrades such as spring razors and clockwork grenades, as well as the "Blend time" spell which allows you to slow down or entirely stop time at the cost of a lot of mana. This morality system is also thrown in with "Special actions" which aren't so special at all really as they don't seem to affect the outcome of the ending, a character will mention it to you once right after you've done it and it will never haunt you again.

Finally, the pacing of the game is what really kills it for me, as like many games at the moment, it sends you back to a hub area at the end of each mission to buy upgrades and items, this felt completely unneeded as there is actually some stores in the mission areas that can't upgrade anything.(Blatantly so you'll have to wait to go back the hub) I feel this may be to drag out run-time as it clocks in at a rather short 10-12 hours (WITH most collectibles as I began to rush near the end as I was getting bored.)

Dishonored gains a 6/10 for me as it can clearly be seen the devs were trying, and under the stress of a new IP they could have possibly been rushed a bit. I feel if a sequel is made all issues will be ironed out and the devs might even try to innovate instead of play it safe.
  86. Dec 6, 2013
    For Dishonored if you run through the area stabbing everyone you see you are playing the game entirely wrong Dishonored is a game that wants you to take your time instead of running in through the front entrance of a building you can choose to go in stealthily in some levels of the game there are almost 10 different ways of going in for example you can use possession on an animal (orFor Dishonored if you run through the area stabbing everyone you see you are playing the game entirely wrong Dishonored is a game that wants you to take your time instead of running in through the front entrance of a building you can choose to go in stealthily in some levels of the game there are almost 10 different ways of going in for example you can use possession on an animal (or human) and sneak in through an air duct or you can use teleportation to climb the building itself.

Dishonored also holds a trait on how skilful you are at holding the urge to kill someone who is really annoying your way through you can basically go through the whole game without killing a single person doing this can produce a better outcome at the end of the game.

Dishonored itself is different because instead of awarding you for killing people and completing the game it gives you consequences, its a smart system that will change how you will think the next time you will play.

Dishonored is a masterpiece and will keep you occupied for well over 50 hours.
  87. Dec 3, 2013
    This is just one of the best single player games i have ever played its still a port for the pc but its really well done and it doesnt feel like it the story is really good and i like the fact that some characters reaction and the ending change depending on how you play the game, (i must say all endings are great) and the game play its really good cause you can go on a killing rampageThis is just one of the best single player games i have ever played its still a port for the pc but its really well done and it doesnt feel like it the story is really good and i like the fact that some characters reaction and the ending change depending on how you play the game, (i must say all endings are great) and the game play its really good cause you can go on a killing rampage or play like a ghost and they both feel really natural, playing this game i felt 10x more like an assassin than in any of the assassins creed games. 10/10 really recommended. Expand
  88. Nov 29, 2013
    Although I like this game a lot. It feels very unpolished. There is a lot of screen tearing and the textures look terrible. This was made in 2012, and looked outdated even when it was released. The game is very rewarding in its stealth mechanics, yet it seems rushed. I cant explain it but everything graphically and gameplay wise seem unfinished. Even with these problems I have fun withAlthough I like this game a lot. It feels very unpolished. There is a lot of screen tearing and the textures look terrible. This was made in 2012, and looked outdated even when it was released. The game is very rewarding in its stealth mechanics, yet it seems rushed. I cant explain it but everything graphically and gameplay wise seem unfinished. Even with these problems I have fun with this game and it deserves multiple playthroughs. Its absolutely worth your time, and a sequel is well deserved as fixing this games issues in another installment of the series will make it perfect. Collapse Expand
  89. Nov 25, 2013
    Lots of fun but doesn't quite reach its potential. Game movement and fighting are fun, but too easy. One power (the rats power) basically makes all other offensive options unnecessary. Graphics are fine for gen 3 consoles but looking very 2008 on the PC. Story is passable.
  90. Nov 17, 2013
    Awesome game, probably the best stealth game ever.
    Really hope they make Dishonored 2.
    The only thing I didn't like was how short it was, I finished the game in like 3 days, non-detection and non-lethal.
  91. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. It has a lot of elements similar to Thief. So if you like that series you will like this. The most unique and engaging part of the game for me is the ability to take multiple paths to the same objective. It gives the feeling of freedom, which for stealth is absolutely key. The story is also a nice twist on usual boring game narratives. I enjoyed this game a lot.This game is a lot of fun. It has a lot of elements similar to Thief. So if you like that series you will like this. The most unique and engaging part of the game for me is the ability to take multiple paths to the same objective. It gives the feeling of freedom, which for stealth is absolutely key. The story is also a nice twist on usual boring game narratives. I enjoyed this game a lot. There were a few times where I got frustrated while trying to do some badass steath attack that turned me off for a day or two, but I always came back. A game well worth playing. Expand
  92. Nov 9, 2013
    I cannot deny my love for this game, and it's been a long time coming for a review. Also, I am not being paid to do favorable reviews FOR ANY GAME. That is the most garbage, disgustingly cynical, and annoying thing any gamer would think about other people. It's strange too, because Dishonored is exactly what cynical gamers wanted, but apparently even that is not good enough, so let themI cannot deny my love for this game, and it's been a long time coming for a review. Also, I am not being paid to do favorable reviews FOR ANY GAME. That is the most garbage, disgustingly cynical, and annoying thing any gamer would think about other people. It's strange too, because Dishonored is exactly what cynical gamers wanted, but apparently even that is not good enough, so let them drown in their own sea of irony they created themselves by crying about how games are awful now compared to retro or older games. Moronic retro hippies, gosh darn it! I bet if this was a sidescroller pixel game, they'd think it was amazing. Idiots.

Alright, now I got that off of my chest, let's talk Dishonored. I had this game for awhile already, but it earns some of my highest accolades for being the only stealth game I enjoy immensely. I don't like stealth games, for the most part, but this somehow reeled me in. First, I was immediately drawn in by the beautifully rendered setting. A dark sort of steampunk setting where instead of steam as a powersource, it's whale oil. Within this setting, you have absolute freedom to choose where you want to go, and when. There are hidden items everywhere in these places, and loot lovers like me eat that right up! However, it is mostly in a controlled, smaller environment that never feels too linear. Each mission within these areas can be completed in any way you want as you have so many awesome abilities, equipment, and accessories to help you with them. The combat is annoying and honestly far too difficult, even with my favorite spell, Slow Time, but you have that choice! I just hope you find a better way to deal with foes if you want to go on a murder spree. Otherwise, prepare for annoying cheapshots every second during combat!

Also, your choices do matter in these environments. It makes you think hard about killing, and whether or not it is the right thing to do. You can change the course of the game by these decisions, with some choices causing more of the zombies called "Weepers" to appear in later areas, or security to greatly tighten in other areas. Each area, by the way, being a mission. But even then, you can take a break from the tough decision making and go on plenty of side missions, which is an awesome bonus! You can even spend your hard earned money on upgrades, which is also great as well. I am a fan of that kind of game mechanic!

Anyways, Dishonored, as well as all of its DLC, is amazing. If you don't like it, then so be it. Just be careful, because Corvo might be in the dark, waiting to punish the haters.
  93. Nov 8, 2013
    The story was boring but the gameplay was fantastic, this game forced me to give the upcoming Thief game a second thought. Also can we stop the sexist sacrifice of women for male retribution.
  94. Nov 2, 2013
    Sadly, I can only join the detractors and critics of this game, and maybe also go further...

I have rarely seen such a wasted opportunity, a great setting, many charming ideas, all finished in such disappointing performance, so poor and fragile. The game is flat, boring, loses in almost every point of view with the best of the actual adventure/stealth market. Playing it after

Playing it after finishing "Bioshock Infinite" is a sort of pain, and quite a shock...

And this is not the worst part!

I give 0, because in one of the first missions, a serious bug (found and reported by the community several months ago) has still not been resolved!
    I've lost 5 hours of play on it!

I will try to get a refund, because have been years, since something of this has happen to me, and frankly I feel cheated.

There are not other words...
  95. Oct 24, 2013
    Even a year on there is still a stack of replay value. Dishonored is often touted as a "spiritual successor" to Thief but in reality it's so much more. I loved the Thief games but going back to Thief after playing Dishonored is like going back to the original Wolfenstein after playing Unreal Tournament 3.

The main campaign admittedly feels short but there's so many ways you can play

The main campaign admittedly feels short but there's so many ways you can play through it without feeling stale that it more than makes up for it, and both DLC packs are top notch.
  96. Oct 24, 2013
    This is a fun game. Great story line and great graphics. the DL content was even fun. there's so many ways to play this game that you'll make repeat runs thru it. I got the game and the dl content on steam for a great price. If you have a mid level gaming pc with a decent card. Go get the GOTY edition of this. you won't be disappointed..
  97. Oct 23, 2013
    Dishonored proves to be a strong stealth game: it's one of the fewest stealth games that puts creativity to the gameplay. It is a revolution, but it doesn't perform the revolution perfectly. It offers a highly intelligent gameplay, with some limitations. Story-wise and graphics-wise isn't anything special, but all what matters is the gameplay.
    It's a welcome challenge to use the unique
    It's a welcome challenge to use the unique powers to eliminate enemies. It provides an unique experience, and makes you think for a creative way to kill enemies. It will also follow your taste of gameplay: either you kill hiding on the shadows, or you just go kill everyone while being detected. Combine that, with the sweet looting and with the linear, but interesting exploration, you've got a great game. And, thankfully, the game has replay value.
    But the experience isn't that special, having a slightly short campaign (it took me about 10-12 hours), and the sometimes claustrophobic nature seeming a steal from Bioshock. It's just nothing new with the imerssivness of the game.
    Dishonored is a great game. It may not realize all your wishes, but it does satisfy. (Final Score: 8.46)
  98. Oct 12, 2013
    I really enjoyed the game at all, i played it like three times in all the levels for check out what was different and of course the DLCs were so cool the whole story is just incredible...hope we'll get another DLC like the last one.
  99. Oct 12, 2013
    an amazing little stealth first person stab them up with a less than par story but none the less a game you can dive right into and enjoy easily a definite recommendation from me
  100. Oct 1, 2013
    Dishonored is the best stealth-game available. It also have a very cool steam-punk setting and nice rpg-elements.The story is ok, but the missions the story provide a backdrop for are excellent.
  101. Oct 10, 2012
    Although not a horrific game, I think this is a step back for the "Deus Ex genre" - or whatever you want to call it. A hybrid of stealth and action - the action falls flat. You can run and gun in this game, but there's no omph to it. It's on par with the original Deus Ex in terms of pure gunplay. Or, maybe that's too generous - Deus Ex gives you a wide array of weapons over a decade ago.Although not a horrific game, I think this is a step back for the "Deus Ex genre" - or whatever you want to call it. A hybrid of stealth and action - the action falls flat. You can run and gun in this game, but there's no omph to it. It's on par with the original Deus Ex in terms of pure gunplay. Or, maybe that's too generous - Deus Ex gives you a wide array of weapons over a decade ago. In Dishonored, you have three kinds of bolts to hurl with your tiny dart-slinger, and a shabby pistol. Action just isn't there, with gameplay revolving around running straight at enemies, using up your small ammunition stockpile, and then chugging mana potions while you hurl rats and wind about. There's very little to engage you, as most of the levels are extremely linear if you choose to take the action route. ||| The stealth side of things is better than I was expecting, but most of the depth of stealth is lost thanks to Blink. Granted, you can choose not to use the spell, but the stealth is balanced around it. And choosing not to use it simply makes every level a chore. In Deus Ex, sneaking involves passing through guard patrols, crawling through vents, utilizing security systems, and hacking. In Dishonored, stealth is patiently waiting about for your enemies to turn their heads toward the sea for a moment and seldom more than that. Occasionally you encounter a security system you need to bypass, but the ways of approaching those security systems involve blink, at least until you can slow down time. ||| What I'm trying to imply is that the depth of choice in Dishonored falls a little flat. It's easy to see that they tried, but the most striking failure of Dishonored is its lame level design. For a game as short as it is ( Collapse

We can draw comparisons with other titles all day, but everything is based on something. Dishonored remains a unique gem in a beautiful, yet chaotic world, with flawless gameplay. [December 2012]
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Dishonored rarely challenges the players, but it doesn't take them for fools, either, so that's an achievement compared to other games in the genre. Just don't expect strokes of genius like the Shalebridge Cradle level from Thief: Deadly Shadows.
    Dishonored injects new life into stealth actions and their sophisticated worlds. Awesome work in every detail. [Nov 2012]