6.8

1. Aug 23, 2013
    I'm pretty bored of normal fighting games, have been for a long time. Thank you for bringing some fun, funny, and refreshing to the table. It might not last the longest, but its really just fun to pick up and play with a few peps and have an enjoyable time with.
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    Excellent skill based fighter that is funny and has comedic references to gaming culture on the outisde, and maintains an incredibly deep fighting system underneath that uses the 'hard to master' philosophy but only requiring to 'dive' and 'kick'.
  3. Dec 24, 2013
    Good humor, simple controls and it really brings you back to classic games like street fighter. You can really get into this one. Dive Kick is a superb game.
  4. Dec 31, 2013
    A parody of the fighting genre that in itself is a fantastic fighting game. The presentation may not be triple A, but the game is too fun for that to matter.
  5. Dec 21, 2013
    Brilliant game that makes both wonderful parody and surprisingly in depth combat. Whenever friends come over I insist that we play Divekick, the game is pretty easy to pick up because there are only two buttons but it stays interesting because there are so many different ways to chain moves together. Especially considering each character is totally unique (both in kick and special moves).Brilliant game that makes both wonderful parody and surprisingly in depth combat. Whenever friends come over I insist that we play Divekick, the game is pretty easy to pick up because there are only two buttons but it stays interesting because there are so many different ways to chain moves together. Especially considering each character is totally unique (both in kick and special moves).

I've logged 10 hours on steam so far. Mostly playing the online "ranked mode" against strangers.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Divekick's minimalist approach works well. While the game is very easy to pick up, it still has enough depth to keep also fighting game connoisseurs entertained for a good while. Even the cheap jokes are funny. [Dec 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2013
    A perfect game for the last stage of a party – its gameplay is very simple, the fights are very short and there’s a lot of goofiness. [12/2013, p.67]
  3. PC Gamer UK
    Nov 6, 2013
    It has grown in scale and scope, and become a worse game a result. [Dec 2013, p.83]