7.7

1. Nov 25, 2010
    This game is sweet. It took me 20 hrs before i even was allowed to turn into a dragon, and then the game just opens up. You think you've seen everything and the games just keeps getting bigger, more complex and interesting. It's a european RPG through and through so if you need hand holding or can't understand the idea of having multiple ways to finish a quest (or even start a quest) andThis game is sweet. It took me 20 hrs before i even was allowed to turn into a dragon, and then the game just opens up. You think you've seen everything and the games just keeps getting bigger, more complex and interesting. It's a european RPG through and through so if you need hand holding or can't understand the idea of having multiple ways to finish a quest (or even start a quest) and proceed through the game then stay well away and don't come here and cry about it. The combat in this game is some of the best for a european RPG i've ever played (i've gone through about 35 hrs now as a warrior spec) and it just flows really nicely. Between your pet, dragon form, lair and the rest of the maps (think of it as having very large zones [larger than STALKER] that you can travel between or directly to with different teleport systems or by simply walking or flying through the levels. It is simply EPIC. I think it is definitely worth a playthrough again as a spellcaster. The game is well balanced but rewards your dedication. Early on for the first couple of hours the combat will be hard until you figure out that you can dodge spellcasters. Expand
  2. May 16, 2011
    This review is for the Dragon Knight Saga (ED+FoV) version available on Steam.
    Whoever complains about the graphics either has them turned all the way down, or needs prescription strength glasses. The graphics are beautiful and well done, and have higher resolution textures than most newer games I've played.
    This review is for the Dragon Knight Saga (ED+FoV) version available on Steam.
    I've rarely seen an RPG of this calibre - there's a couple clunky encounters, but the writing quality is significantly superior to many far larger budget games I've played, and there is an element of humor in almost every aspect of the game that doesn't undermine the plot at all. I only wish more games understood the value of good writing.
    The voice acting is also above average, though suffers slightly for having too few distinct voices - honestly, I'd prefer that to having a larger number of distinct yet poorly acted voices.
    The gameplay itself is mixed - melee is definitely somewhat clunky, but ranged combat plays quite well.
    The game is very reliant on quests, but the quests are actually interesting (again, the value of good writing).

Of the technical issues so many reported, I can only say the vast majority seems to have been fixed now. The only issues I ran into was the graphics engine occasionally needed to be restarted, and once in a great while the game would crash on switching between areas (more so in FoV than ED).

Overall, whatever faults this game might have had originally, the version that exists today is quite well done minus a handful of poorly designed encounters. It remains one of the only examples of an RPG with good writing I've seen in recent years, and that alone makes it worth buying for any RPG enthusiast in my book.
  3. Dec 8, 2010
    This is a good game at worst it has great graphics interesting voice acting and is quite humorous at times in speech choices although being cut off from an easier option and not being able to go back is really annoying. But overall being a dragon is fun and whilst the spells that you can cast are limited in effect it is still a well balanced game.
  4. Feb 20, 2011
    I got this along with the Flames of Vengance, and was lost in FoV thought I had better play this first. I give it a 7 for a few different reasons. I con-cure w/another reviewer that the combat (warrior) was difficult at time, as I continously lost sight of my targets. The graphics are also a bit dated, but I still found teh landscape beautiful. Dragon form was awesome! Come on whoI got this along with the Flames of Vengance, and was lost in FoV thought I had better play this first. I give it a 7 for a few different reasons. I con-cure w/another reviewer that the combat (warrior) was difficult at time, as I continously lost sight of my targets. The graphics are also a bit dated, but I still found teh landscape beautiful. Dragon form was awesome! Come on who doesn't like flying. I don't think that this game deserves such a stinker rep. Expand
  5. Jul 27, 2013
    Okay, I bought this game in mind that the first Divinity was a great game. My verdict is Ego Draconis is mediocre, lacking. The one key thing IMO is that the world isn't full enough, enemies don't seem interesting, there aren't many little things laying around which you can read, there's very little lore and such. The next issue is the dragon combat parts, they just take way too longOkay, I bought this game in mind that the first Divinity was a great game. My verdict is Ego Draconis is mediocre, lacking. The one key thing IMO is that the world isn't full enough, enemies don't seem interesting, there aren't many little things laying around which you can read, there's very little lore and such. The next issue is the dragon combat parts, they just take way too long because it's so simplistic, you have a very small number of abilities whereas there are a lot of turrets to take down considering you have to defeat dragons first. Enemy dragons respawn but the problem is that there is a whole bunch of them. Next is the font...the numbers which pop up when you deal damage, the numbers in your stats screen...it's horrible. Larian simply didn't have the budget/experience for this game which is a shame since they're a talented bunch. Ego Draconis is not memorable but I was happy to support Larian. Expand
  6. Dec 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story is very interesting and will keep you involved. The combat is a lot of fun and I enjoy the various moves you can perform. The character is well animated even the way they flip off the top of ladders. Becoming a dragon is a nice touch that can't be ignored. Expand
  7. And
    Jan 3, 2012
    Honestly? If you like RPGs you will love this, if you don't like RPGs you won't.

There is no hand holding in this game, it is hard and the enemies will beat you in to a pulp if you end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, the puzzles for extra loot are quite challenging as well as requiring a lot of ingenuity from the player's part. If you don't mind the difficulty and the non linear

If you don't mind the difficulty and the non linear nature of the game (you aren't really being led from place to place, you are free, and even encouraged, to explore and level up before tackling the main missions) you will find that divinity 2 (the remastered edition) is a really, really fun game that will just suck you in.

Yes it has flaws, the graphics are pretty but simplistic, the combat is somewhat clunky and at times non responsive and physics are occasionally defied but over all it is a highly enjoyable game worth your time if you are in to RPGs, and this is the key sentence.

If you are new to the RPG genre you will find a lot of things confusing in this game and you most likely won't be able to overlook the flaws of the game but if you can get past that, if you can actually enjoy the game and the world it is set in you will have a blast with it.
  8. May 13, 2012
    Been playing this game for a few weeks now and her goes my review. Graphic: 9 The Graphic is dark age mostly, but there are light areas in the game, but as always in my book, graphic is the last thing on the list to a good game. I would not recommend playing this game on a 32" as I do, but it works okay. Sound: 8 The sound is actually good, but some places you get tired of what I callBeen playing this game for a few weeks now and her goes my review. Graphic: 9 The Graphic is dark age mostly, but there are light areas in the game, but as always in my book, graphic is the last thing on the list to a good game. I would not recommend playing this game on a 32" as I do, but it works okay. Sound: 8 The sound is actually good, but some places you get tired of what I call small sound bugs. Like tumbling sounds of a keg rolling, which keeps repeating it self. It gets really annoying. Gameplay: 8 I almost gave this one a 9, but there are just things which makes the gameplay a little heavy. Though in general I will say that the whole setting of the game, the UI and the little funnies are what makes this game worth playing. I love the little puzzles of the game and the, sometimes lame, references to books, TV and other small enjoyments of life. The mindreading part is great and really makes the game different. I also love the little videos in your skill menu where you are shown how the skill you are looking at works. And all the funny characters you meet. So if you really want a game which steals away time and feels larger than it is. Then you should go with this one. For my overall review I could give the game 9/10, but my gut tells me to give it 8. The sound bug thing is actually my biggest hates for this game and even then I would totally recommend it. My official score is 8, but for you deep RPG lovers out there, you should take it as a 9 and go buy the game. Oh and it does run fine on Win7 64bits Home Edition Expand
  9. Dec 24, 2014
    I love rpgs, from baldurs gate to skyrim to dark souls. This game has serious flaws, the combat is dull, the variety of enemies mean nothing, just the same kind of archer, melee, magic users skinned for different races.

The quests feel utterly unentertaining the story bland and I just can't see any redeeming features of it.

1. It's not a perfect game, but the surprise of the year: A lot of great gameplay, lots of fresh ideas and a lot of fun. You may like some things more than others, but where else can you annoy a dragon again and again by shouting the name of his nemesis?
  2. Larian Studios have managed to create good quests that make fun because of all the odd characters and the great self-depreciating humor. But at the same time the game lacks comfort, so that the player has to have a lot of patience in order to see the end.
  3. Divinity II - Ego Draconis is definitely a very solid roleplaying game, which is unfortunately lacking at some points. For roleplaying fans nevertheless a must have.