DmC: Devil May Cry PC

6.7

1. Aug 20, 2015
    As a fan of the Devil May Cry franchise I was excited with the existence of this new game, it didn't upset me at all the new look they gave Dante, people blame the developers for the idea but it was actually a strategy from Capcom to add more western followers to the franchise. Dante lost his signature hair but he still has the same flair, he may be a little bit more cocky and childishAs a fan of the Devil May Cry franchise I was excited with the existence of this new game, it didn't upset me at all the new look they gave Dante, people blame the developers for the idea but it was actually a strategy from Capcom to add more western followers to the franchise. Dante lost his signature hair but he still has the same flair, he may be a little bit more cocky and childish than in the original but it is suppose to symbolise his young age.
    The story is in a different universe from the originals, i's in a world were nobody realises the existance of demons. This world is controlled by the "demon king" Mundos, that was betrayed by Sparda, Dante's father. Mundo is determined to kill Dante for his father's betrayal and the story is focused around Dante and Vergil (Dante's brother who is the leader of a secret organization that tries to warn people of the existance of demons), they join forces to bring Mundos down.
    As for characters, most of them are interesting excluding the over focus on Kat who's Vergil's assistance and a human, she's not that interesting.
    The voice acting is definetly better than the originals and deserves props on that.
    The story is immersive and interesting and very creative and thought provoking.
    The game does have truly amazing graphics for the time it was released on, the level designs are amazing and new and do make the platforming much more interesting.
    Now the gameplay, which is were this game truly shines, it's in my opinion better than the originals and very fluid and fast, there are tons of combos and weapons so the game feels fresh every time you play it, it´s definetly very addicting and while the rating of the combos is a little bit broken and the is a lack of a lock on system it's very good. The boss battles are truly amazing and aren't monotone. The game even has an option to accelerate the speed by 20%.
    With this you have tons of replayhability, the game has lots of additional difficulties and veterans surely have their agenda scheduled for this. It also has extra missions and challenges that while not very interesting don't hurt to play. The dlc of Vergil's Downfall is kind of a continuation of the story and is also worth playing.
    This game delivers the true DmC experience that we were missing, the game is a blast to play and I recommend it to every Hack and Slash fan.
  2. Jun 28, 2015
    Most amazing game of the series and sure 1 of my favorites.
    Music is finally new, and not repetitive, stuck well with the game.
    Game play is much more easy, you can make easier combos, and have all the weapons.
    Graphics are outstanding.

And finally it is the first DmC that has scenario.
  3. Jun 15, 2015
    Devil may cry - Devil may cry is a reboot into the series, featuring a newer version of Dante and Vergil now both Angel/Demon, in a city named Limbo, controlled by Mundus and his mistress. Gameplay wises pretty good. They improved the combat, stringing together combos is much easier now, and plat forming is an issue now. However the real problems are the characters. They feel more likeDevil may cry - Devil may cry is a reboot into the series, featuring a newer version of Dante and Vergil now both Angel/Demon, in a city named Limbo, controlled by Mundus and his mistress. Gameplay wises pretty good. They improved the combat, stringing together combos is much easier now, and plat forming is an issue now. However the real problems are the characters. They feel more like they belong in a god of war game, rather in devil may cry. What really kept me going was the fantastic visuals. Expand
  4. Jun 6, 2015
    It's an interesting position to be in to be able to judge a reboot of a much-loved game franchise with no knowledge of the games which came before. Such is the case with me and the enigma that is DmC: Devil may Cry. Strange naming aside, this game, despite being much maligned by the Devil May Cry fanbase, is, from a totally objective viewpoint such as mine, still worth a play.

The

The game's plot reads like Conspiracy theory nine billion and seven - The world has been secretly infiltrated by demons, and a small resistance made up of anti-hero playable character Dante, talented psychic Kat and charismatic leader Vergil is fighting to try and free humanity from their iron-fisted, secret power. The corny underlying plot, however, is tempered slightly by the twists and turns that occur during the plotline, so whilst it may have a bland initial taste it's an alright plot, and definitely not the worst.

The main character, as stated before, is Dante, who starts off as an unlikeable anti-hero but as ther game progresses, he begins to see the importance of his actions, to realise what is at stake if he is to fail - though his desire for justice also has a noticeable streak of revenge running through it. Overall though, he's an interesting character, and the only other gripe I have about him is that his voice acting is somewhat subpar, especially when he's shouting.

What flaws there are are made up fror in the gameplay. At its core it's your typical hack n' slash fare, you have a large, bladed weapon, you can kill enemies with it, and like any good hack & slash it's very, very fun - though this game spices it up a bit by throwing in Ebony and Ivory, a pair of pistols which Dante can use to juggle enemies in the air and hit far-off foes. As you progress through the game Dante also unlocks new weapons, such as Arbiter, a massive demonic axe, Aquila, a pair of glaives, and Revenant, a powerful shotgun. These weapons allow for more interesting gameplay by allowing one to juggle multiple weapons tactically to finish off enemies effectively, making the gameplay all the more fun, and as it is with most hack and slashes, it's really fun to hack and slash the living daylights out of many enemies at a time.

In summary, in spite of its shortcomings, DmC: Devil may Cry is a good game for its genre. With a slightly-cheesy, yet interesting plot, believable characters and gameplay which builds a bit on the classic hack n' slash formula, it's definitely worth a play, even if you HAVE played a DmC game before.
  5. May 29, 2015
    I played DMC 4 for several hours, ultimately it bored me. Then I played the second game on the PS3 HD boxset, it also bored me. Then I found this on a Steam sale and bought it for not many £. Whilst the stripped down gameplay may have upset fans of the original series, for someone like me who just wasn't into them it turned it into the perfect game. The story is fun, the graphics areI played DMC 4 for several hours, ultimately it bored me. Then I played the second game on the PS3 HD boxset, it also bored me. Then I found this on a Steam sale and bought it for not many £. Whilst the stripped down gameplay may have upset fans of the original series, for someone like me who just wasn't into them it turned it into the perfect game. The story is fun, the graphics are nice, and the gameplay is awesome fun. A lot of the levels are well designed with great set pieces and exciting sections, and huge, nasty bosses.

Regardless of what the "hardcore" fans think, I find this to be a fine addition to my library.
  6. Dec 23, 2014
    It sounds terrible at first. Is that skinny sick guy Dante? But look at what Ninja Theory did. DmC: Devil May Cry is nothing but the best installment of the series since Devil May Cry 3. The story, the gameplay, the graphics,... and the low system requirement overwhelm the tiny, forgettable, unnoticeable plot twist.
  7. Dec 13, 2014
    Simply I felt like a bad ass when playing the game.The story's good,the gameplay is good,the camera is a bi***h.But....EVERYONE WANT THE OLD,AWESOME,BAD ASS,DANTE!!!!!!!
  8. Oct 4, 2014
    Okay, I have to admit. I did not play the original games. But this game is very amazing even for just an outsider who never played the original games. Beautiful graphics, brilliant combat, excellent story. What more can you ask for? In my opinion the best Hack n Slash game out there. Absolutely brilliant.
  9. Sep 22, 2014
    The game does not deserve all the fanboy hate it receives.

The level design in this game is insane. I've never see anything quite like it. The story is also, surprisingly, very good, with characters that actually feel like real people. Dante is cocky with a **** you' attitude at first, but rapidly grows a conscience and begins to truly care for the fate of mankind and his friends. A
    The game does not deserve all the fanboy hate it receives.

The level design in this game is insane. I've never see anything quite like it.

The story is also, surprisingly, very good, with characters that actually feel like real people. Dante is cocky with a **** you' attitude at first, but rapidly grows a conscience and begins to truly care for the fate of mankind and his friends. A lot of people hate him, but I personally found him very likeable.

There are issues with the game however, but only when compared with past DMC games. The combat is far more simplistic with less weapons to choose from and the levels, though designed spectacularly, are far more linear and do not reward exploration quite as much as past titles in the series. This pissed a lot of people off, understandably. They aren't things that bothered me too much though, so I actually enjoyed the game a great deal.

A real shame it sold so poorly and received so much hate from the fanbase. It truly was a high quality product with a great story. I would love to see a sequel, but it seems unlikely now.
  10. Sep 20, 2014
    Odio a los idiotas que le dan 0,1 y 2 a este juego, este es un gran reboot.. ¿Por que lo odian? ¿Por la nueva apariencia y personalidad de Dante? Si esto fuera un Remak de el primer o el tercer juego valdría que fuera el mismo Dante, pero este es un reboot no tiene que ser igual. Quitando la comparación del nuevo y el viejo Dante este juego es sin dudas increíble y muy bueno. Fan boy: NO,Odio a los idiotas que le dan 0,1 y 2 a este juego, este es un gran reboot.. ¿Por que lo odian? ¿Por la nueva apariencia y personalidad de Dante? Si esto fuera un Remak de el primer o el tercer juego valdría que fuera el mismo Dante, pero este es un reboot no tiene que ser igual. Quitando la comparación del nuevo y el viejo Dante este juego es sin dudas increíble y muy bueno. Fan boy: NO, NO LO ES, DANTE ES UN EMO Y.... Y.... Y LO ODIO. No es un emo y no es un muerto que habla, en comparación con el original tampoco lo parece, el Dante antiguo esta sobre valorado. Yo no he jugado todos los Devil May Cry antiguos, solo el 3, pero Dante me parece un tipo duro muy torpe y poco mas. En DMC3 siempre la cagaba, no podía hacer algo sin que la cosa saliera mal. No siempre salía mal todo, pero era algo constante que podías esperar con seguridad en las cinemáticas. También hay gente que dice que el combate es malo por no ser uno completamente nuevo e innovador ya que usan algunas cosas de los anteriores DMC. El combate es buenísimo no hay duda, no es 100% nuevo ni innovador, es una mezcla de todo lo bueno del DMC3 con nuevas armas y habilidades. Otra cosa es que por lo que he oído la historia del DMC3 y DMC4 de los antiguos tenían la mejor historia de la serie antigua, pero eso no es decir mucho, e oído que DMC3 y DMC4 tienen la misma calidad de historia. ¿Y que había? pues en DMC3 tenias un hermano que viene a conquistar el mundo y lo vas a matar, FIN. Había drama (bien echo por cierto) pero uno podía sentir que no era la gran cosa por que era una precuela del DMC1, así que uno ya sabia que Dante sobreviviría y le ganaría. Aquí la historia es mucho mejor, si la tuviera que puntuar seria un 07/10, mejor que en DMC3, si tuviera que puntuar DMC3 seria un 05/10. Hay gente que dice que el combate y dificultad son un chiste. Pues todos son Fanboys por que la dificultad es buena. Hay 7 dificultades, las 3 primeras son fácil, medio y difícil, pero las otras 4 son una locura que te dará un muy buen reto. DMC3 me parece muy difícil en dificultad normal, mientras que este me parece justo con principiantes. Por lo que lo recomiendo para entrar a la franquicia, y si eres de los que les gusta los retos, los 4 modos de dificultad extra son muy muy difíciles de superar. Lo mas malo del juego seria que los personajes principales no son tan agradables como los originales, en eso tienen razón los fans y fanboys del original, Dante y Vergil no son tan agradables pero seguro que lo arreglan en los siguientes juegos. Este es un gran reboot. Pero tiene fallas en algunas partes, como que a veces los enemigos le darán al aire y te pegaran a ti, o que algunas escenas no se pueden saltar y molesta mucho cuando quieres apresurarte en un nivel. Este juego tiene mucha rejugabilidad y es un trabajo bien echo al final. Le doy un 08/10. Si los próximos DmC tienen la misma calidad de este juego, entonces me pueden considerar un fan del reboot. Expand
  11. Aug 27, 2014
    Capcom´s DMC: Devil May Cry consists of balanced elements which make this masterpiece awesome game experience. Enjoy both perfect gameplay, locations design, story, soundtrack and dubbing. It is worthwile to spend money for this adventure with wonderful story, very good gradation and surprising reversal in the end. Enjoy it...
  12. Jun 1, 2014
    I love the DMC series, and when it comes to game play this is one of the best ones. The re-imagining of the DMC universe is spectacular. I love the characters and it was enough to keep me interested to play through almost all of the difficulties. The massive boss fights are beautifully choreographed, the enemies are unique and interesting, and the environment is awesome! My only two beefsI love the DMC series, and when it comes to game play this is one of the best ones. The re-imagining of the DMC universe is spectacular. I love the characters and it was enough to keep me interested to play through almost all of the difficulties. The massive boss fights are beautifully choreographed, the enemies are unique and interesting, and the environment is awesome! My only two beefs with the game is that some of the dialogue is beyond lame, and the boss fight with Mundus was incredibly easy after all of that build up. Expand
  13. May 23, 2014
    I really had some serious doubts this game would be good enough. I have played dmc 1,3 and 4. This game might look a little bit easternish compered to other anime style japanese ones. But it definetly deserves the attention dmc 5 would have.

+ beautiful visuals + epic soundtrack and voice acting. + optimised and fluid gameplay. - a little bit easier than older games but it might

+ beautiful visuals
    + epic soundtrack and voice acting.
    + optimised and fluid gameplay.

- a little bit easier than older games but it might be because of my awesome skills got better and better in time :)
  14. Apr 10, 2014
    Challenging, well built protagonist, huge variety of gameplay moves and attacks. The graphics are awesome and the story is non-realistic, but attractive. I guess it's none that I don't like, but it should be more.
  15. Mar 30, 2014
    The game is amazing. Game-play is without any doubt one of the best for me. It has great combos and various attacks which deals different amount of damage. I played the original games too, but Dante was a little over the top there. This reboot brings you to a modern days which makes it more realistic. Story line should have been a little longer but it beats playing all game in one towerThe game is amazing. Game-play is without any doubt one of the best for me. It has great combos and various attacks which deals different amount of damage. I played the original games too, but Dante was a little over the top there. This reboot brings you to a modern days which makes it more realistic. Story line should have been a little longer but it beats playing all game in one tower (get the reference?) Expand
  16. Mar 17, 2014
    Though DMC is not as good devil may cry 3 or 4, it's still an great game. The combat is fluid, it has some awesome music and amazing environments. The only disappointment for me was that the game is not nearly as hard as the other installments
  17. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First i wish to say to many people that have posted their score in here that they are being stupid.
    I saw many 3 to even 0. You do not know what a rated 3 game feels like clearly.
    Many of you are **** because of the new Dante. I was kind sad at first because i liked the old one but don't come here and just say **** and give 0s without even playing.
    So let's talk about the game now.
    The level design is awesome and original.the combat feels fluid and realistic.
    Many are talking about being too easy and to them i tell: Show me you playing on hell and hell difficulty.
    They probably don't even know that exists.
    The graphics were above average.
    Not having a lock on system is a minor flaw, i didn't really had any problem with it.
    The story is not something awesome but it as its fair share of interesting concepts.
    While your doing your awesome combos and running around all the places you can hear the awesome music from combichrist and noisia
    So now to talk about the characters including the new dante.
    The new dante kind of portraits what the teenagers are nowadays, and don't forget that this is a reboot.
    I think they are just trying to create a starting point for dante, where he starts as this **** teen but as he gets older he starts to just have more respect and sense in his head leaving him close to the old dante that we know.His hair turned white with the achievement of his full demon potential, so now we just need to watch him evolve as a person.I think that this as already started with him going from not giving a **** on the beginning of the game and ending up caring about the human race and pledging to protect them from what is coming next.This is what i want and i think they are doing,
    Kat is basically there to provide a potential love interest and to give the fans what they think is a hot female. She could be so much more if they wanted her to be,like giving a little more about her nightmares and making us fell more attached to her.She does play a part in dante personality development i believe,
    Now to talk about the one which was the most disappointing to me,Vergil, He starts up as a good guy and nothing really wrong with that, but he just feels too weak, vergil was made to look badass right next to his brother but in here it showed vergil as weak and in need of protecting.I played vergil downfall so i know hes getting stronger but with that comes a new problem. Why the **** do they make vergil just **** out about everything.I don't believe that the strong,intelegent and honorable old vergil would aprove of this ****ty guy. The old vergil would come in and slap some sense into this guy.

I think is a great game overall and an awesome entry point to new players and a start for what the game could be.
  18. Mar 2, 2014
    First game in the Devil May Cry series I have ever played and I must say it was so damn addictive and it never let me go. It easily became my new favourite game, better than anything I have every played! I aced the game in like 1 day because it was so fun and there's actually more re-playability than you would think. I played it on easy the first time because it was my first DmC, and nowFirst game in the Devil May Cry series I have ever played and I must say it was so damn addictive and it never let me go. It easily became my new favourite game, better than anything I have every played! I aced the game in like 1 day because it was so fun and there's actually more re-playability than you would think. I played it on easy the first time because it was my first DmC, and now I'm doing it on medium and planning to maybe do it on hard too! Definitely would recommend! Expand
  19. Feb 28, 2014
    This is my game of 2013, I'm playing it for the fourth time now. Why? Well:

This is my game of 2013, I'm playing it for the fourth time now. Why? Well:

The Design: I love the way the "daemon" worlds is build on top of a modern city. That way there is a lot of viarity while the game is always maintaining a fitting mood. The setting Is not necessarily unique, but surly vivid and keeps my interest for the longest time. The well chosen effects add their "WOW" in the right moments. Even the enemy and boss designs are kept at this level.

The Fight-system: Is fast-paced, slick, evolving, making space for a variety of fighting-styles. Even though easy to pick up there is lots of techniques that will take more then one play-throught master. For example changing weapons quickly is actually useful, even in boss-battles, air becomes your friend later on and using guns in the middle of a slashing-spree Is quite difficult but very useful when done right.

The Story: What do you expect from a slash em up? Well It's much better then that. Not that the overall story would have been ground breaking, but scenery are made with much love to the detail and the characters. For example the background story is being told while Dante and Virgil are walking across a yard and visualised by street-graffiti.

Unlocks: I'm not talking about Achievements here: What I love is the huge library of character and production artwork you will unlock over the time. I just love it, its well presented and of great quality. Also there Is no limit in hard-modes, there rewarding and different - so again replaying is fun!

If you're looking for a high quality slash 'n hack with allot of replay-value, then this game is for you!
  20. Jan 30, 2014
    a very good game the combat is what i liked most,if u play it on a keyboard u are gonna have some problems but if u get a controller the game becomes pretty fun u just get to deal easily a ton of flashy kills with style and it feels awesome,i just wanna go on bloody palace mode and kill for hours
  21. Jan 28, 2014
    Seems like the original DmC franchise has one of the worst fanbases in the history of gaming, Even Call of Duty never gets that much hate for changing.
    DmC Devil May Cry is a console hack and slash with a story based on a concept you've probably heard before, but not in a video game, great but a bit simpler then the previous DmC games combat, making the game more accessible to newbies, with its biggest flaw being some enemies that can only be killed with specific weapons. Theres enough moves and weapons to keep the variety interesting and restricting how you can deal with enemies isn't really a good thing, but didn't ruined my experience with the game. The combat also feels better, Dante and his weapons now have weight to them, while the previous games didn't felt satisfying enough for me.
    The platforming is great, fast and doesn't changes the pace of the overall game, much better then the previous games.
    The game is also one of the best looking games out there, gorgeous environments, perfect example of aesthetics over graphics. And its the only actually good PC port, works great with mouse and keyboard.
    Out of all console style 3D hack n slash games I've played so far, this has to be one of the few I truly enjoyed. Don't listen to the retarded fanboys, this game is maybe simpler in combat mechanics, but its still a great game!
  22. Jan 16, 2014
    The haters are trolling because Dante doesn't have white hair. The thing is though, this is a reboot, he eventually starts looking more like the old Dante, that was obvious from the get go. The game itself though? Is one of my favorite games this year. The action, the combat, it is all top notch. Even the platforming is fantastic, something I usually loathe in video games. They find waysThe haters are trolling because Dante doesn't have white hair. The thing is though, this is a reboot, he eventually starts looking more like the old Dante, that was obvious from the get go. The game itself though? Is one of my favorite games this year. The action, the combat, it is all top notch. Even the platforming is fantastic, something I usually loathe in video games. They find ways to make limbo odd, creepy, and even scary in some sections. All with tons of great combat, something they genuinely knocked out of the park.

Only complaint is minor, and that is the little jokes Dante has which do get a bit excessive. Still super minor, the game is fantastic and I hope they keep making them because the fan hate this one got was misplaced. Tons of these negative reviewers NEVER even played the game. They just saw his hair color and hated on it immediately. It is a shame.
  23. Jan 13, 2014
    This is one of the finest brawler/slash-em-up games ever. On top of the excellent and intuitive control system that lets you unleash your combo fury (that is easy to access, hard to master) it has the most amazing art direction it could possibly have.

Ninja Theory continues its streak of GREAT games and playing it on the PC on 60 fps really helps the action and the responsiveness a lot.

Here's to one of the most underappreciated (by users) games of all time. And all because of some hair color.

It combines the combat of previous DMC games with the Angel/Devil (L/R Triggers) weapons to execute the most seamlessly combat flow ever. The story is not for everyone, though it's certainly an improvement of the series, but the combat is miles ahead both of the previous games and the competition.

Is it better than... say... God of War, Castlevania: LOS, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear Rising...? DmC has the best combat of them all. Not the best game, though it's certainly the best of the series by far.
  24. Jan 11, 2014
    I played DmC for free on PS+ and this was also my first DmC. I have played hack-n-slash games like God of War and never particularly liked them. However, I did like DmC and its combat mechanics.

There are A LOT of weapons in DmC. If they didn’t space their reveals out so well, it could easily be cumbersome to try and combo with all of the different weapon types. Even for someone that is not skilled in these types of games, I did fairly well.

The atmosphere is one of the best this generation. For a game that plays heavily on Light and Dark themes, there is a dynamic color palette. The set-pieces are very pretty. However, in the former stages of the game, there are a few too many ground crumbling, impending doom concrete sequences. Overall, the PS3 framerate was satisfactory.

One of the biggest disappointments is the length. It couldn’t have been more than 8 hours for the core story. With such attention to detail to the environment every second of the story, it is easy to see why. The benefit of the duration is that there was never a dull moment and the game was well paced.

I thought the dialogue was actually pretty decent. A little too “punkish”, but still felt very real given the characters situation.

The combat surprised me the most. For a game that shares much with God of War, I was amazed how much I liked it and how easy it was to make it look fluid.
  25. Jan 10, 2014
    As I have never played a devil may cry game before, I started this game with a very open mind. I'm not a novice as most of my all time favourite games are third person fighters. I Just finished the game and I have to say it's the best of it's type I've ever played, even better then God of war 3 which was my favourite fighting game of all time(yes that's right, I used to be a PS3 player butAs I have never played a devil may cry game before, I started this game with a very open mind. I'm not a novice as most of my all time favourite games are third person fighters. I Just finished the game and I have to say it's the best of it's type I've ever played, even better then God of war 3 which was my favourite fighting game of all time(yes that's right, I used to be a PS3 player but I heard of the master race and had to be a part of it). That said, the PC version is the way to go as it offers better graphics and yet is still able to achieve very high frame rates due to the game being very well optimised. Overall the game isn't perfect as my score suggests but it's better then a 9 so I rounded up to try and boost the user score a bit as it's far to low! For anyone who has managed to read this far, in case you haven't picked up the message yet... BUY THIS GAME!!! Expand
  26. Jan 5, 2014
    I found new dante quite likable! he may not be as good as original, but still no problems with him. action in this game is perfect i played on pc port os great on gaming laptop with geforce gtx 680m it was running 60 fps stable on ultra most pc gamers have much better rigs so optimisation is very good, story is great and this game has 6.6 it should have at least 8 so i voted 10 great game,I found new dante quite likable! he may not be as good as original, but still no problems with him. action in this game is perfect i played on pc port os great on gaming laptop with geforce gtx 680m it was running 60 fps stable on ultra most pc gamers have much better rigs so optimisation is very good, story is great and this game has 6.6 it should have at least 8 so i voted 10 great game, very fun i recommend! Expand
  27. Dec 31, 2013
    So lets start off by saying that this game is better than most of the old DMC games, or on par with DMC3. The gameplay in this reboot is more fluid, the story and characters have more depth, and the level design is generally more intriguing than that of past installments. Combos are more fluid compared to that of the old DMCs, where everything flows together perfectly (if you know what youSo lets start off by saying that this game is better than most of the old DMC games, or on par with DMC3. The gameplay in this reboot is more fluid, the story and characters have more depth, and the level design is generally more intriguing than that of past installments. Combos are more fluid compared to that of the old DMCs, where everything flows together perfectly (if you know what you are doing). To be honest, being a near-veteran of the old DMCs, I look back and find that the old combat chopped along when you switched weapons, merely making the illusion of fluidity by having Dante attack freakishly fast. Lets first focus on the story: the plot and characters have way more depth than the past DMCs honestly (I've played through each about 20+ times), where Dante in the older games was just some badass, granted a cool one, he lacked any emotional depth other than: "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with light!" The new Dante however actually has some true depth as a character who grows throughout the game, and do not worry, there is still some of the old Dante in this game for he is still sarcastic and badass, just rough around the edges. Although starting out as a bit of an emo (which you can't really blame him for) he soon comes to care about humanity, partly due to Kat, and take his role as humanity's protector, showing a true character development which the old DMCs never had, Dante will undoubtedly be even cooler in the next game as he is maturing, if only fans will give him a chance. Kat is also an engaging character as she actually has a role and influence on the characters, Dante in particular; unlike the old female roles in the DMC games, which aside from Lady in DMC3, was there for fan-serivce. Vergil is more interesting as well, in DMC3 he was merely some psychopath trying to gain power, but in this new game he goes from being a redeemable, although conniving, character to a hellbent enemy. The story is also generally deeper than any of the past installments, which consisted of 'oh no, some big demon threat on mankind, lets kill it,' in the new DmC the threat has been there, hidden before humanity's eyes, I won't ruin the story but there is much more depth to be found in the game among it's character and everything than there ever has been. Now onto the main part of DMC: the gameplay. As I have said the gameplay is fast and fluid, far more fluid than the past games, and what it lacks in speed it makes up for in style, which is really all that matters in DMC. The switching between weapons is often more fun than in past games since each weapon has it's own unique feel, the only choppy-ness in combat you may find is with the 'heavy-hitter' demon weapons, but even then the weapons generally match smoothly into combat. Anyone who hasn't been able to play well in DMC obviously just hasn't played other DMCs or generally is just bad as this kind of combat, because being a major DMC fan myself the transition to this games was easy, I was stringing together combos and getting S, SS, and SSS within the first 2-4 missions of the game (just like I did in the old ones). Many have complained about the auto-aiming, but I honestly find this funny since I rarely had any problem with it, except in the case where a ground enemy was under a flying one, which is rare, other than this all you do it point the control stick at the desired enemy, and there, you attack it. Some have also called the platforming clumsy, no, these people just suck, I never had a problem with the platforming, very rarely did I mess up and frankly the platforming was actually really cool and once again: fluid, fun, and fast. Frankly the platforming in the old DMCs was awful (however limited) do to the lack of proper movement and character frames, which is actually a true problem in the design of the old DMCs. All of this being said, the haters are just stuck in the past, and have no desire for a character with actual emotion, that of which all of humanity has. I have faith that Ninja Theory could continue to make an amazing and engaging series if the haters would just calm down and give them a chance. Besides, with how Capcom is being lately, *cough*Resident Evil 6*cough,* would we really want them to continue the series on their own? Expand
  28. Dec 14, 2013
    Данте.
    Как нечистью.
    И атак.
    ТАК ВООБРАЖЕНИЕ!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  29. Dec 13, 2013
    DmC is a sequel to original Devil May Cry series. It's the 5th game. For me, I didn't play first 4 games, but DmC is clear enough to see the points of story. In this game, we see Dante's "adventurous teen" times. With his new appearance, which far from Japanese atmosphere, he's more cool. His manners after demon combat's are pretty cool too. Also, we can't omit the apprentice girl, Kat.DmC is a sequel to original Devil May Cry series. It's the 5th game. For me, I didn't play first 4 games, but DmC is clear enough to see the points of story. In this game, we see Dante's "adventurous teen" times. With his new appearance, which far from Japanese atmosphere, he's more cool. His manners after demon combat's are pretty cool too. Also, we can't omit the apprentice girl, Kat. She has a mysterious attractiveness which suits comfortable with Dante. The game edits DmC's original scenario with its own atmosphere; more likely to western instead of Japanese. Thanks Ninja Theory.
    For the gameplay, I can only say that if you have not a hand-eye coordination; stay apart from this game! The gameplay is extremly fluent, but sometimes, especially in aerial parts, can be boring. Sometimes, you can fall down because of unexpected-mixed combo issues. The combo point system is not fair. It judges time too, but we have to do the secondary quests too for gain higher marks. It's a frustrated conflict, but it improves your FPS-combat skills remarkably.
  30. Nov 23, 2013
    The game is great, well throughout combat system, high re-playability value with increased difficulty levels. The art direction is great, graphics are also neat, if you happen to have 3d vision setup you definetley need to check this game out with the helix fix, its flawless 3d and man it looks awesome. You can finish the game by just button mashing but the combat system is one of the bestThe game is great, well throughout combat system, high re-playability value with increased difficulty levels. The art direction is great, graphics are also neat, if you happen to have 3d vision setup you definetley need to check this game out with the helix fix, its flawless 3d and man it looks awesome. You can finish the game by just button mashing but the combat system is one of the best I've seen in my opinion, resembles the one from heavenly sword, too bad so few games similar to this one are released on the PC.

CAUTION: game is totally unplayabe with the Mouse/Keyboard.
  31. Nov 7, 2013
    Very nice and much better than previous games about white onime!11 Dante!!! I'm only sad about new Vergil, but other stuff is freaking awesome
    A must-buy game for any fan
  32. Nov 2, 2013
    Wonderful action game. Really makes an impression on me every time i play it. Always have to cut play time shorter than would I like to, and for me,its the most enjoyable game I have played this year.
  33. Oct 29, 2013
    it's a really great game. Perfect action sequences, cut-scenes, gameplay. The only reason I gave it 9 but not 10 is the controls. it feels a little beat freaky to play via keyboard mouse (long jumps are most annoying). didn't play the previous DMC games, but strongly recommend it to everyone. Ninja Theory just made their best game ever cheers!)
  34. Oct 23, 2013
    Let me start by saying that I loved Devil May Cry, hated Devil May Cry 2, and never got back into the series, so I have yet to play 3 or 4. With DMC: Devil May Cry, I saw a game attempting to reinvent a stale franchise and originally purchased it on PS3. I played it for 4-5 hours but me being me, I got distracted by Guild Wars 2 for months on end and ended up selling it back. With theLet me start by saying that I loved Devil May Cry, hated Devil May Cry 2, and never got back into the series, so I have yet to play 3 or 4. With DMC: Devil May Cry, I saw a game attempting to reinvent a stale franchise and originally purchased it on PS3. I played it for 4-5 hours but me being me, I got distracted by Guild Wars 2 for months on end and ended up selling it back. With the recent steam sale putting it on sale for 12 bucks I purchased it again, only this time with glorious fluidity that this game deserves at 80 FPS, and ultra graphic settings, only amplified with the beauty of SweetFX. My, what a game. The battle system is beautifully crafted, the fluid movement from combo to combo is amazing compared to the repetitive bore that is the God of War franchise. The reward of chaining together combos and not mashing buttons to get the highest possible score reminded me of why I loved the original so much. The design and set pieces were top notch and beautifully done. The boss fights were very entertaining adding the scope of the mega bosses needed to make it feel epic, along with combining the battle system and set pieces to add motion and thought to each and every boss making them very entertaining compared to the usual mash X button until your enemy is dead, the Bob Barbus fight was just freaking amazing. As for the story, I was genuinely surprised and entertained by everything they did with the story and the changes they made in regards to re-imagining the story in a new modern way. The game goes about in a very matter of fact tone progressing from mission to mission developing characters while keeping things light and not overly serious. The game had it's fair share of laughs and silly humor not intended for young children, or for boring old geezers whom are prim and proper, though towards the end the game does tighten up and become more serious as the climax comes closer. As for the music, it suited the game design. Fast and fluid during the boss fights, and ambient in the background when you are trying to concentrate, but nothing that I would point out as something truly groundbreaking, just a good job in staying true to the game. Regarding characters, the redesign of Dante was something I was in favor of. His look matches his personality, a delinquent bad ass, and I thought his personality was spot on for the type of game they were trying to create. If I was disappointed in anyone, it was Virgil. He was just, okay, I didn't fall in love with him. I have yet to play the DLC with him but maybe that will change how I feel about him, but overall he was a very mediocre character. Kat on the other hand I grew to love. Her personality and general attitude grew on me, along with her design and the way they progressed her throughout the game. but Kat I really grew to like. As for Mundus, I like that they tried to make him a part of the game and develop him as a real threat, even adding in tidbits of emotion into his character and not painting him as a stone faced demon lord with no care in the world.

Overall, I found the game to be very enjoyable, with a well crafted story, beautiful graphics, and extremely fun game play.

Graphics 9/10
    Sound 7.5/10
    Story 8.5/10
    Gameplay 9.5/10
    Characters 8.5/10

Overall: 8.6/10
  35. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is A W E S O M E!!!!!!!
  36. Sep 11, 2013
    Having an unbiased opinion, (I have never paid attention to the previous Devil May Cry Games in any way) I can say that DmC is an amazingly fun game. It's fast-paced, looks fantastic and has an awesome atmosphere, owed to by it's great soundtrack. The combat is designed well and allows any amateur with enough brain cells to slash through the demonic horde, but more fiendish difficultiesHaving an unbiased opinion, (I have never paid attention to the previous Devil May Cry Games in any way) I can say that DmC is an amazingly fun game. It's fast-paced, looks fantastic and has an awesome atmosphere, owed to by it's great soundtrack. The combat is designed well and allows any amateur with enough brain cells to slash through the demonic horde, but more fiendish difficulties and a mind-boggling combo system will keep veterans playing and improving for months. The story is also quality. Coherent and refreshingly simple. The only flaw of this game is that a couple of boss fights feel rushed and stuck together with jam, but the rest are memorable occasions. Overall a great action game for all action game fans. Expand
  37. Sep 11, 2013
    While this game may not conform to the expectations of many DMC loyalists, I think it's shameful that many of them didn't judge it on it's own merits when submitting a user review.

This game is smooth, slick, gorgeous, wildly inventive, constantly entertaining and most importantly: FUN. I adored this game and consider that it should belong on every gamer's list of the top games of

I adored this game and consider that it should belong on every gamer's list of the top games of this past generation. If you're on the fence, buy it, it is well worth your time.
  38. Aug 31, 2013
    Thanks a lot for Ninja Theory to renew this fantastic saga. I've played them all and I have to say my favorite is three. In this game, Dante, rejuvenated, discovers his past that makes us think that it is a prequel to the other games since they do not know who remembers his family. Really recommended.
  39. Aug 23, 2013
    Inconsistent is the best word I can use to describe this game. The level and art design for some missions are amazing (night club, news tower), and then others are kind of bland (mundus's tower, succubus's lair). The story is all right, but the villain isn't really written well. I'll give some pros and cons:

PROS: 1. Graphics. The game looks fantastic, and the rearrangement of the

PROS:

1. Graphics. The game looks fantastic, and the rearrangement of the levels in limbo reminds me of Alice madness returns which I also loved.

2. Combat. I loved the different weapons and combos you can come up with, but the list of combos isn't really that long compared to games like bayonetta or god of war. If you are playing on pc, I recommend the controller because the keyboard layout can get quite confusing.

3. Art/Level design. The levels, for the most part, are designed well and will keep your attention throughout your playtime. Night club and the news tower are a must to experience.

CONS:

1. Game is short beat it in 7.5 hours. It's fine if you are paying 20 bucks, but anything more and you start to feel ripped off.

2. Bosses are pretty easy and the final ones leave a lot to be desired. They looked great, but their mechanics were very simplistic and Ninja theory held your hand during the fight.

3. Inconsistent storytelling. At times the missions are written well, but the 2nd half of the game feels rushed and forced.

All in all, the game is worth a rental but because of its short length. I'm not into score submissions or replaying levels to be on top of an online leaderboard either. A 7 or 8 is more realistic score for this game.
  40. Aug 17, 2013
    Played all the DMCs, and although they changed up Dante (especially with the douchey haircut he was rocking), I really thought Ninja Theory did a great job on the reboot. The combat is still fluid and I really loved the familiar open-ended combo system, the weapon-specific monsters got annoying at times, but I see what they were trying to do. Playing the PC version, it was far too apparentPlayed all the DMCs, and although they changed up Dante (especially with the douchey haircut he was rocking), I really thought Ninja Theory did a great job on the reboot. The combat is still fluid and I really loved the familiar open-ended combo system, the weapon-specific monsters got annoying at times, but I see what they were trying to do. Playing the PC version, it was far too apparent that it was a console port. The controls felt a bit less-than-intuitive and unresponsive at times; even by the end of the game you might find yourself fumbling here and there, but overall the combat was very fun, if not a bit frustrating at times.

The story is has excellent pacing and actually pretty interesting. It will, at the very least, keep you playing until the end. I blasted through the game in a day. The soundtrack is perfect for the game and I have nothing to complain about, it does well to get your adrenaline going. However, I can't give enough praise about the dialogue, voice acting, and well-done character modeling. The script is so refreshing in its creative absurdness. (ex: Dante: "FU!" Baddie: "FU!" Dante: "No, FU!!"). It never felt contrived and I can't tell you how many games I've played where the dialogue is so straight-up predictable and monotone too the point where all I hear is "blah blah blah". You can tell the crew and voice actors really had fun with it.

Overall, a solid game with some flaws (camera, controls), but easily holds it's own in the series.
  41. Aug 8, 2013
    Its a fantastic game.
    Its intelligent, exciting, funny, with incredibly artistic dsign, but just better watch some gameplay to see it by yourself Im not really good at writing reviews
    Nevermind the absurd fanboysm crying, I cant understand all tha hate towards this game, Its a shame because this game is amazing. this game is a piece of art Its beautiful.
  42. Aug 2, 2013
    Wielu zamartwiało się nad odnowieniem tak popularnej serii hack'n slashów. Twórcy podeszli do tego porządnie, i sprostali zadaniu jak najlepiej mogli. Piękna grafika, wciągająca fabuła i straasznie przyjemna grywalność pozwala mi mówić o jak na razie najlepszej grze roku. Twórcy jak najbardziej rozbudowali DmC. Dali wiele broni, wiele rodzajów przeciwników jak i wiele ciekawych miejscówek.Wielu zamartwiało się nad odnowieniem tak popularnej serii hack'n slashów. Twórcy podeszli do tego porządnie, i sprostali zadaniu jak najlepiej mogli. Piękna grafika, wciągająca fabuła i straasznie przyjemna grywalność pozwala mi mówić o jak na razie najlepszej grze roku. Twórcy jak najbardziej rozbudowali DmC. Dali wiele broni, wiele rodzajów przeciwników jak i wiele ciekawych miejscówek. Przy tej grze po prostu nie da się nudzić. Tak jakby, bo końcówkę gry twórcy strasznie przedłużali i nie zaskakiwali pomysłami. Gra ma do tego mniejsze wady. Pewne tekstury nie wyglądają na dopracowane, jednak nie przeszkadza to cieszyć się z tej świetnej gry. Jak na razie, gra roku. Moja ocena 9/10 Expand
  43. Jul 24, 2013
    Devil may cry 4 was a HUGE flop, they MUST reboot the story, and the new style is AMAZING.
    The gameplay is pure fun,
    all the weapons are useful, not like in the others, when you can play ONLY with a sword.
  44. Jul 20, 2013
    Fan of the Devil May Cry series. Picked this up off of Steam when it was on sale. Have to hand it to the Ninja Theory developers, they made a very compelling reboot. Enjoyed the new Dante and Virgil, they both were very well written. Combat was fast paced and as entertaining as its predecessors. Overall I give it a 10/10
  45. Jul 19, 2013
    For one I don't understand all the negativity for this new DMC. I'll admit I never played the previous games, so I can see how people would be angry about changes to the series. However I don't understand why pure fun hack n slash game that runs buttery smooth on pc can get such a bad score for being different than other games out there. At least for me its been a really fun game.
  46. Jul 19, 2013
    I loved playing DmC. Game-play is just awesome. Badly waiting for Dmc 2. I agree the characters are not put up well when we compare them to previous Devil May Cry characters but you can't rate a game based on that completely.
  47. Jul 17, 2013
    This is my first DMC game so I had no previous opinion of the series. The game was amazing fun, the music is great, medium difficulty is hard enough so you don't cut through demons like butter but the levels are easy enough to complete in an attempt or two. When you die you know that it was your own fault and not the game bugging out or moves not being registered. I will say that duringThis is my first DMC game so I had no previous opinion of the series. The game was amazing fun, the music is great, medium difficulty is hard enough so you don't cut through demons like butter but the levels are easy enough to complete in an attempt or two. When you die you know that it was your own fault and not the game bugging out or moves not being registered. I will say that during the platforming sequences the camera can sometimes turn at odd angles and leave you to fall to your doom but these instances are few and far between. The characters are all awesome and Dante really feels like the bad-ass that he should be. Graphics are pretty good and the game seems well optimized, my 670 handled DMC on ultra without any hiccups. Over all this is a stellar game! Defiantly worth a pickup on steam. Expand
  48. Jul 1, 2013
    I played the original Devil May Cry up till 4, and I had fun with them. When I saw this come out I had mix opinions as a lot of times when they do a reboot on things like this. To be honest, I enjoyed it, thoroughly, and when I mean thoroughly, I mean through every difficulty, and obtaining every single extra side quest completion that I could. The story was good, not excellent, notI played the original Devil May Cry up till 4, and I had fun with them. When I saw this come out I had mix opinions as a lot of times when they do a reboot on things like this. To be honest, I enjoyed it, thoroughly, and when I mean thoroughly, I mean through every difficulty, and obtaining every single extra side quest completion that I could. The story was good, not excellent, not bad, but it hit pretty much a decent progression of story throughout the game that managed to keep my attention. I have to say the best things about this game is the design of the levels, along with the fluidity of the combat system. And while like in the old games you hack, slashed and shot up your combo multiplier they introduced enemies that you had to use specific weapons against to be able to inflict damage, along with a parry and dodge system that allowed you to progress in your combos with the right timing as the enemies became more difficult. This is so far one of the best adventure games I have played of this year, and I will say it is not an amazing game it did manage to keep my interest in playing it for a long time. Expand
  49. ah6
    Jun 28, 2013

50. Jun 27, 2013
    ok when i first saw the trailer of this game and saw someone that looks weird and calling himself dante i was like hell no this will suck ass cause the older dante played a major role in the success of the series but as a huge fan of dmc i had to play this one and let me tell you it is a great game the gameplay is so good with so many weapons that you'll never see it repetitive and theok when i first saw the trailer of this game and saw someone that looks weird and calling himself dante i was like hell no this will suck ass cause the older dante played a major role in the success of the series but as a huge fan of dmc i had to play this one and let me tell you it is a great game the gameplay is so good with so many weapons that you'll never see it repetitive and the graphics in this game is so awesome really really good so what i didn't like about this game is pretty much the whole story was predictable and the new dante isn't that bad but what frustrated me is that in a scene a blue fake hair lands on his head and he became very much like the older dante and then he says not in a million year i saw that as an insult to the fans of the series in the end loved the game play loved the graphhics and the story is not that good but still satisfying Expand
  51. Jun 25, 2013
    I'm going start off by saying that i have played dmc 1 and 3 and enjoyed both very much. Now for this game, i know it is being criticized for not being true to the older games and i agree that in some ways it is unfaithful to the old franchise. But, i feel that the people who say that this game is bad are only comparing it to the original dmcs, and not for what it is: a good game. If youI'm going start off by saying that i have played dmc 1 and 3 and enjoyed both very much. Now for this game, i know it is being criticized for not being true to the older games and i agree that in some ways it is unfaithful to the old franchise. But, i feel that the people who say that this game is bad are only comparing it to the original dmcs, and not for what it is: a good game. If you forget about the first dmcs and just look at the game you will see how good it is. The combat is fluid, deep, and immensely fun, the story is very decent, and the the environment (limbo) is varied and often mind blowing. Even if you dont like new dante, that doesnt mean this game is bad Expand
  52. Jun 22, 2013
    I haven't played a Devil May Cry game before, so I'm reviewing this game irrespective of its franchise history. In terms of quality, Ninja Theory have definitely nailed it in every department. It's the best-looking DirectX 9 game to date (with the exception of Crysis perhaps), yet it isn't actually demanding to run. The colours are very pronounced and used appropriately for gameplay andI haven't played a Devil May Cry game before, so I'm reviewing this game irrespective of its franchise history. In terms of quality, Ninja Theory have definitely nailed it in every department. It's the best-looking DirectX 9 game to date (with the exception of Crysis perhaps), yet it isn't actually demanding to run. The colours are very pronounced and used appropriately for gameplay and level design rather than arbitrarily. The cutscenes in this game are actually worth watching, and at the end of every level you want to know what's next in the story. The voice acting is amongst the finest I've come across too. But let's get down to it: what this game's really about is the fast-paced hectic combat. The game does a great job of introducing everything to you and incorporates this very well into the level design. There are a fair load of moves and these are cleverly split using Angel and Demon modes. Ninja Theory really thought hard about how to include a lot of distinct moves into a fast-paced game without the need for more technical inputs. The controls are great (when using Xbox 360 controller) and are easy to pick up. The combat is perhaps one of the most creative in the genre due to the number of moves, enemies and the pacing. Everything has a point and isn't there purely for style it's actually useful. There's also a training mode for testing out different combinations of attacks. Although creative, the combat isn't as hard-hitting or satisfying as Batman because it doesn't punish button mashing or require a lot of precision. However, as with the level design, the combat is totally psychedelic. There are some basic RPG elements present too. Collectibles and some objects give you money which can spent on health upgrades or extra lives. You also gain upgrades in a similar fashion to Batman in which you can spend on special moves to add to your arsenal. As you'd expect, you are given a score at the end of each level based on your performance. This does seem to slightly overrate how well you did compared to the individual breakdown of components, but hat isn't a bad thing I suppose. The difficulty levels are just right, and scoring system isn't too bad either. Overall, DmC is a great action game in all aspects. The graphics are incredible even though they don't require a supercomputer, the story is decent, level design isn't dull and combat is as it should be fast and fun. All the elements in the game complement the style so well, there doesn't seem to be anything out of place. The combat demolishes Arkham City for variety, since there are around 60 different moves (not to mention the different combinations and juggling), there are lots of different enemies and every level is different. There's always something new, and the level design is unlike anything you've ever come across because it's so unconventional. There aren't any fundamental criticisms I have of this game. If you want a fast-paced action game with a strong emphasis on combat and level design and a decent story AND is NOT generic, DmC is the best game for it. Expand
  53. Jun 11, 2013
    "Oh they changed his hair" grow up fanboys! Seriously, why do so many people hate this game, it doesnt even matter if its this much fun!!! YAAAAAAY! 10/10
  54. Jun 4, 2013
    This game has to be my favorite game. I like the new dante and i dont know why people are complaining. The missions are so fun to play and vergils downfall is even better. Overall if you dont have the game, get it because its fun
  55. Jun 3, 2013
    DmC: Devil May Cry is a third person action game with some pretty art design and a good story. The game is very stylish and the characters are very interesting. Combat is great with lots of variation in weapons and combos and enemies are fun to fight and bosses are even better. The platforming is very smooth and responsive most of the time. I would definitely recommend this to anyone whoDmC: Devil May Cry is a third person action game with some pretty art design and a good story. The game is very stylish and the characters are very interesting. Combat is great with lots of variation in weapons and combos and enemies are fun to fight and bosses are even better. The platforming is very smooth and responsive most of the time. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is look for a stylish new action platformer game with a good story. Expand
  56. Jun 1, 2013
    I grew tired of WoW, loved Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, and really enjoyed Batman Arkham City. I was lost as to what to play next that fit my taste. I tried DmC on a whim as it was on sale on steam and I have to say I've been blown away. The story is kinda teen-boy fantasy, but it's interesting enough to keep me engaged, and the fighting system is easy to learn but takes time to reallyI grew tired of WoW, loved Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, and really enjoyed Batman Arkham City. I was lost as to what to play next that fit my taste. I tried DmC on a whim as it was on sale on steam and I have to say I've been blown away. The story is kinda teen-boy fantasy, but it's interesting enough to keep me engaged, and the fighting system is easy to learn but takes time to really master. Super fun, like a mixture of Diablo III and Batman Arkham City, with beautiful graphics. Expand
  57. May 15, 2013
    Well.. here is my point of view: Any one giving this game less than a 7.0 is lying or have no standards at all. The game has high production values, great combat (it gets really deep if you spend some time with it and try the harder difficulties where you actually have to think about what you're doing) and acomplishes to tell a compeling story. It's different from the previous game and itWell.. here is my point of view: Any one giving this game less than a 7.0 is lying or have no standards at all. The game has high production values, great combat (it gets really deep if you spend some time with it and try the harder difficulties where you actually have to think about what you're doing) and acomplishes to tell a compeling story. It's different from the previous game and it may keep old fans away, but anyone coming with an open mind and willing to give the game a chance may have a good time. just leave your preconceptions at the door and dive in. Expand
  58. May 14, 2013
    This game is fantastic. I thought they did an excellent job showing us a young Dante. I'm 26 and I've played every DMC game from start to finish. I don't understand the hate for this game at all. The action is cool, the voice acting is solid, and the story is fun to watch unfold. I would have enjoyed some longer cutscenes to flesh out the story a bit more, but what's there is interestingThis game is fantastic. I thought they did an excellent job showing us a young Dante. I'm 26 and I've played every DMC game from start to finish. I don't understand the hate for this game at all. The action is cool, the voice acting is solid, and the story is fun to watch unfold. I would have enjoyed some longer cutscenes to flesh out the story a bit more, but what's there is interesting and enjoyable. I don't mind that Dante is no longer half-human, not really a big deal in my opinion. I'll be looking forward to a sequel. Expand
  59. May 13, 2013
    i start playing the dmc saga with this game, I understand the critics of the fans that are accustomed to the oldest games of dmc but this game is pretty and awesome, have a atractive graphic section and the characters look cool,they are young and with a hard personality, Dante have other style but i think it's good for make sense that he has evoluted with the years and the game combat it'si start playing the dmc saga with this game, I understand the critics of the fans that are accustomed to the oldest games of dmc but this game is pretty and awesome, have a atractive graphic section and the characters look cool,they are young and with a hard personality, Dante have other style but i think it's good for make sense that he has evoluted with the years and the game combat it's atractive and explisive, i like the music put in the combats it helps a lot to go into game Expand
  60. Apr 30, 2013
    the game fighting animation is stunning, nice combat moves but you really need to practice a lot to do the awesome combos especially when you keep switching weapons. if you master the moves you will enjoy owning whoever attacks you
  61. Apr 28, 2013
    I'll be quick....
    +Fun game play =)
    +Creative =)
    +Amazing, and sometimes crazy level design. xD
    -Story could have been a lot better, i really mean it.
  62. Apr 27, 2013
    Yes, most of DMC fans can just say few things about this game. New Dante looks stupid and this reboot of the franchise is the most lame idea Capcom has ever come up with.They are all right, that is quite a valid point they have for this game. However, the question i wanna ask is: Is that really a reason to give this game a 0/10 or 1/10? I will go with no. The game would deserve that scoreYes, most of DMC fans can just say few things about this game. New Dante looks stupid and this reboot of the franchise is the most lame idea Capcom has ever come up with.They are all right, that is quite a valid point they have for this game. However, the question i wanna ask is: Is that really a reason to give this game a 0/10 or 1/10? I will go with no. The game would deserve that score if it was buggy, unfinished, and unplayable.But, apparently, we are all so pissed at this game when we saw trailer that we have forgotten what's really important about game franchise. The gameplay. Again, the fact that we are not seeing the Dante we all liked anymore, but instead we are seeing a bit of a jackass Dante, still stands, but one thing that saved this game from sucking is gameplay. I will go as far to say that it is way better than on previous Devil may cry games. One thing i will start with is the control. In this game, in addition to keyboard, you use mouse. Which also means that you use mouse for attacks and camera control. That's right, the one who controls the camera is YOU.You don't have those annoying camera transitions that you had in previous games, which was really disturbing when you are moving a character(You do have that in this game aswell, but it's really rare).As for fighting, Dante here moves more fluidly than he was before, and you have this feeling like he is more responsive.What you will also notice is that you do not have styles here anymore, so you are not limited to only one type of attacks. What you do have here is two mode of attacks. Blue mode and Red mode. They are not called that actually, but i will go with those names for the sake of avoiding spoilers.As you had in previous games, Dante will receive some new weapons throughout the missions which are divide by these two modes. You will find all those weapons so usefull, that you will bearly have any need for the use of guns.Still, there are also some things that i don't like(beside the reboot fact).One thing i don't like is that you do not have a lock-on.It's automatic, so you will find that a bit annoying.Another thing you might disslike, is the fighting style ranking. Basically, in this game, you will get S-ranks like a candy. Even if you are not trying to get the S-rank, you will still get it with ease.In previous game, the ranks rapidly increased when you have quite of a fighting style, but when you are doing nothing it rapidly decreases.Here, there is no decrease. The only way your rank is gonna get decreased is if you get damaged, which can be easily avoided.These are some things i didn't like in this game, but i would be a horrible lier if i said that i didn't enjoy this game. So this is my reason for giving this game a high score despite the reboot fact. I am still a bit disappointed that this isn't Devil may cry 5 we are reviewing, but there are some quite of bright side of this games aswell. Expand
  63. Apr 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think I mistakenly clicked NO on a comment I wanted to click YES, but I don't think it is worth a 10. First of all, I haven't played DMC since 1 and 2, but I played 3 and 4 and I confess that this new DmC is pretty good! Yes, I got pissed when they changed Dante, but oh well, marketing strategies are marketing strategies. The new Dante seems to have more character than the old ones IMO. I actually wished there were more scenes showing Dante kicking ass all around showing his stylishness like 3 and 4, but when you play it you feel that he is good at "playing rough" (Like he mentions on the second mission).
    Like all other DMC games, game is consisted of missions. If you are used to playing this kind of game, you'll finish the initial mode in 10 hours or so, so that you unlock more difficulties, and this is where the series starts to spread its wings.
    About DmC combat specifically, I think that the combat system is still very nice, but the lack of a "lock-on" button made me do a lot of mistakes since I was used to the old system. That's maybe just me, though. Also, double tapping into directions to do specific moves is kinda hard on the PC, I almost didn't use the Stinger, my favorite move of all DMC games. That may be me again, though. I played DMC4 after playing this and I kinda felt like arriving home with a partner "It's good to be back with you". Not that I didn't really like the new system, but I still prefer the old one.
    About the story, I like it. It made sense Dante didn't have white hair at first. And once you finish the game, guess white?! YEA, HE HAS ALL WHITE HAIR NOW! See, it didn't hurt that much playing with him having dark hair, did it? I bought the "Classic Dante" skin but that really doesn't look a lot like old Dante, but I mostly use it. Anyways, back to the plot. I liked it. For a reboot is makes sense, it has its interesting parts, and an almost predictable turnout at the ending if you already know that Dante must ALWAYS fight Vergil.
    I must confess that when I first bought the game I thought it wouldn't run on my notebook (a thing from 2011) but when I lowered nearly all settings, the game run smoothly, and man, was it still beautiful to watch! I give extra credits for that. I play with all settings in low, low resolution, and the visuals are impresive. I don't regret at all this reboot, but I still would prefer if they launched a DMC5 or anything like it. I mean, there are like 8 different parallel Spider-Mans, why not Dantes?
    About the DLCs, I wish there were more content to get, like skins, there could be a LOT more skins, and or all devil arms! There is like only one pack of 3 different skins for 3 guns. Always the shotgun, a Scythe he get's when having contact with his mother's essence (an Angel) and the Axe he gets when he has contact with his father (Sparda, a Demon). And only one pack of 3 Dante's skins. I still liked mainly the Classic, though it doesn't really look a lot like the classic, I guess it's because on DMC4 he got older and stronger, and this one still looks like a "Rooster weight fighter".
    Also, I got the "expansion" Vergil's Downfall, when you play with Vergil! What an experience! Playing with Vergil is way more challenging to master, and I liked it!

So, overall. The combat is sometimes frustrating and you may do wrong moves. The camera sometimes don't help much. Achievements are always cool. The Story and Voice acting are very good (this boosts up the experience very much). The graphics are very beautiful and the Limbo world (a "demonically distorted" version of our world) is very creative and interesting to watch as you go through the missions. I just wished there was fight in the normal world too. The progression is nice and if you have a gaming mouse with a few extra buttons changing weapons to increase combat style points will become easier!
    I think it diserves a solid 9. If you played the other series, just go and play it. You will enjoy the fights and the world linear exploring with hidden missions and artifacts to collect.
  64. Apr 25, 2013
    Well unfortunately some people didn't like the new ideas of the new DMC but the gameplay was awesome, the story didn't excelled in anything but it was eatable.
    Overall it is a great game that it is worth playing and i enjoyed it very much because this is what games truly serve us!
    Also glad a game like this could be so great since we are on a era of shooters were ''bang-bang is everything''
  65. Apr 23, 2013
    The users giving it 0 or 1 are scum who haven't even played the game yet. I've played games in the series since 1. I am a hardcore fan of the original series. I was one of the ones who were first enraged when they revealed the new Dante. Hell, I even made threads criticizing Ninja Theory and Tameem Antoniades. But eventually, the initial rage wore off when someone told me to first give theThe users giving it 0 or 1 are scum who haven't even played the game yet. I've played games in the series since 1. I am a hardcore fan of the original series. I was one of the ones who were first enraged when they revealed the new Dante. Hell, I even made threads criticizing Ninja Theory and Tameem Antoniades. But eventually, the initial rage wore off when someone told me to first give the game a try. And I must say, I wasn't disappointed. We all know the series needed something fresh after the fiasco that was dmc4. And Ninja Theory hit it, and hit it hard!!!! The combat was slower than the original series, but still fun. The concept of Limbo added some variety to the environment. And the story! It was good, yes, definitely better than the Claptrap of the original series. Together, counting the core game, Bloody Palace mode, and Vergil's Downfall, the game definitely deserves a 9!!!!!!! Real DmC fans, Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  66. Apr 21, 2013
    Ok, first off, to hell with anyone who gave this game below a five. Most of you guys wrote the review on the day of release. my thoughts? they all are a preemptive assault to try to slander what is a GREAT game. so please, you are a coherent human being, avoid the hooting dick-holes. and to said hooting dick-holes; grow up and off.

REVIEW TIME: this is an AWESOME game. over the top

REVIEW TIME: this is an AWESOME game. over the top action and furious style are dealt in spades here. absolutely stunning level design and combo chaining the likes of which the DMC 3 and 4 have trouble contending. if you're a fan of the series, give it a go. the aesthetic ma be different but the game is all DMC all the time.
  67. Apr 19, 2013
    DmC
    This was my first game of DmC series.Unlike veterans I don't know about previous installments or previous
    Dante and Vergil so I cant complain about changing the story but the game play is pretty awesome.I found the story and voice acting compelling.And that's what you mostly look for.
    All those who are whining about game play are bunch of idiots.Buy it you wont regret it.
  68. Apr 17, 2013
    great game good fight good story well optimized and also best dante
    i was played all the devil may cry but this one is the best dmc in all 5 dmc.best hack n slash game in the world.
  69. Apr 12, 2013
    I must admit that this Game is pretty damn EASY, so much easier than the 3rd and 4th. I got no problem beat the Dante Must Die mode just using 5 items and got SSS rank in every level in first try (eventhough i'm not a good DmC player), because the enemies behavior are so predictable compared to the 3rd and 4th (I got nightmare when play those two in DMD mode). By the way, This still anI must admit that this Game is pretty damn EASY, so much easier than the 3rd and 4th. I got no problem beat the Dante Must Die mode just using 5 items and got SSS rank in every level in first try (eventhough i'm not a good DmC player), because the enemies behavior are so predictable compared to the 3rd and 4th (I got nightmare when play those two in DMD mode). By the way, This still an Awesome game with great graphic and gameplay (story not good for me, like the 3rd better), and it's easier make it's a game for everyone who don't like hardcore. Expand
  70. Apr 8, 2013
    Just because of a change in style does not make a game bad. Dmc is a very fun game, it really engages you trying to keep that combo and making your fights stylish. Dante carries a very wide range of weapons, each with their own unique abilities. I also like how some enemies are vulnerable to only certain abilities, making you have to switch. The story feels much more creative and uniqueJust because of a change in style does not make a game bad. Dmc is a very fun game, it really engages you trying to keep that combo and making your fights stylish. Dante carries a very wide range of weapons, each with their own unique abilities. I also like how some enemies are vulnerable to only certain abilities, making you have to switch. The story feels much more creative and unique than the previous devil may cry games. Camera controls feel less quirky than in Dmc 4.
    I would like to see some harder difficulty levels though. DmC would be better than the previous dmcs if it could match its difficulty level, which made the previous versions very intense.
  71. Apr 7, 2013
    This is a real improvement! Gameplay, Graphics, Movement and Attacks are all improved, game does not lag and so far I've had fun playing the campaign, this is a must play game!
    9/10! The game is not that amazing so i wont give it a 10 but i think it deserves a 9, DmC is very fun too play if your bored and you like killing monsters.
  72. Mar 28, 2013
    I loved this game. A lot. I really dug the alternate take on the story and characters, and the combat, though adjusted a little differently, still feels very much like a Devil May Cry game at its core. It's not the best Devil May Cry game, but it's DEFINITELY better than the insufferable DMC2 and the stale DMC4. Don't buy into the fanboyism and give this one a try. You might dig it.
  73. Mar 27, 2013
    I loved DMC. It does not deserve the hate from fans. The game is very enjoyable and has excellent pacing and tight controls. The attention to detail is nice as well. Great mature story is a plus. I really hope there is a sequel to this awesome game.
  74. Mar 27, 2013
    I had a great time with this game. It does not deserve the poor user score that haters have been giving it. DMC is an enjoyable and beautiful game that keeps your interest throughout and never has a dull moment.
  75. Mar 25, 2013
    Great Game! This is best DMC ever! русски!
    Перезапуск CAPCOM, 4-ая
  76. Mar 23, 2013
    I was first introduced to the Devil May Cry word with DMC 4. I enjoyed it somewhat, but I found that the game had a lot of padding. Pointless challenges that did nothing but extend the length of the game. DmC: Devil May Cry is a much slicker, streamlined affair that concentrates more on stylish swordplay than trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to do next. That's not to sayI was first introduced to the Devil May Cry word with DMC 4. I enjoyed it somewhat, but I found that the game had a lot of padding. Pointless challenges that did nothing but extend the length of the game. DmC: Devil May Cry is a much slicker, streamlined affair that concentrates more on stylish swordplay than trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to do next. That's not to say that there no elements of exploration in the latest game, but they do not get in the way of the hacking and slashing.,
    I must admit I didn't care much for the original Dante so the introduction of the new Dante did not phase me in the slightest. Great graphics that perform extremely well even on low end hardware, great fun with swords and excellent level design.
    The low scores you see all over the place reflect the game fan's disappointment with the main character being changed. That's fair enough. But as a game, it's hard not to say it's great.
  77. Mar 22, 2013
    DmC: Devil May Cry, hearing this brings chills huh? Well, don't buy into the fans that killed their own series without trying the game. When I saw the initial press release for this game, I detested it. But do not fret! This is actually one of my favorites, and yes I've played all other Devil May Cry games, starting with the first. The graphics are pushed, the fighting style is differentDmC: Devil May Cry, hearing this brings chills huh? Well, don't buy into the fans that killed their own series without trying the game. When I saw the initial press release for this game, I detested it. But do not fret! This is actually one of my favorites, and yes I've played all other Devil May Cry games, starting with the first. The graphics are pushed, the fighting style is different but refreshing. Ignore the fan boys out there, this game deserves way more credit than it gets. Story is pretty nice, some changes with the series, all in all this game is definitely better than this user score. The story can be beat in about 11 hours, but it is short for a reason, it is meant to be replayed to achieve Hell Vs. Hell mode, where if you get hit once, you die, providing the ultimate difficulty and challenging experience. Expand
  78. Mar 22, 2013
    This game is great. I feel bad that I have never played a Devil May Cry game before, but I feel it's helpful to give an opinion as a newcomer to the series. This reboot is a completely new universe with whatever gameplay/story changes they see fit. So when I heard that was the case, I was interested. I picked this game up on release for 49.99, which for Australia is pretty god damn cheap.This game is great. I feel bad that I have never played a Devil May Cry game before, but I feel it's helpful to give an opinion as a newcomer to the series. This reboot is a completely new universe with whatever gameplay/story changes they see fit. So when I heard that was the case, I was interested. I picked this game up on release for 49.99, which for Australia is pretty god damn cheap. I was immediately hooked by the general atmosphere. The way it blends the music with the gameplay gives it a really bad-ass intense feel, and the visual are not only stunning on max pc settings, but are also colorful and are play an important role when telling the story. You play as Dante (Like the previous games.) The story mainly revolves around him and his journey towards helping the human race and generally growing as a person. He is half demon and half angel and works with his twin brother and a human girl to overthrow the demons control over the human race. I think the gameplay is the strongest area of the game. You will not get tired of stringing together combos. As soon as you get the feeling of wanting a new toy to play with, the game gives it to you. Great pacing. It knows player. As I said before everything balances into one incredibly polished action/adventure spamfest and it's great. It doesn't set new ground for the genre, but it's an absolute joy to play and I respect the developers. I think this is best played on PC, the game runs amazingly, although I would recommend a controller plugged in though.

79. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is great and solid. A fantastic reboot. When playing this game, anyone can clearly see that they are using a younger (and possibly annoying/immature) Dante. The reboot offered a advanced fluid combat system. The developers had a lot to play around with the concept of Limbo and the characters were strong. Although this game offers change, the change was good and possibly needed.This game is great and solid. A fantastic reboot. When playing this game, anyone can clearly see that they are using a younger (and possibly annoying/immature) Dante. The reboot offered a advanced fluid combat system. The developers had a lot to play around with the concept of Limbo and the characters were strong. Although this game offers change, the change was good and possibly needed. Overall, great game. Expand
  80. Mar 11, 2013
    Even though the dumb Devil May Cry fanboys can't seem to read, this DmC REBOOT (just pointing out that it's a REBOOT, DMCfans. Reboot.) is one of the visually best games of the year so far, with extremely fun gameplay, an amazing storyline and tons of replayability.
  81. Mar 8, 2013
    Definitely a game worth playing, combat is intense and involving. Entry barrier has been lowered for newcomers to the series, but still has higher difficulty levels for more experienced players so that they can enjoy it, too.

Cons: Target acquisition (whether enemy or grapple point) is a mildly annoying flaw. Devil Trigger is underwhelming. I personally did not get along with the

Cons:
    Target acquisition (whether enemy or grapple point) is a mildly annoying flaw.
    Devil Trigger is underwhelming.
    I personally did not get along with the camera at certain times.
    Victory over enemy waves is often times more rewarding than defeating bosses.
    The new characters are boring/difficult to connect to.
    Some of Dante's lines are overly cheesy.

While not a glaring issue, I also believe that Style ratings and performance grade reach their apex too easily.

Pros:
    Visuals are amazing
    Combat is intense and involving
    The concept of Limbo is very cool
    The idea that a demon is controlling the world with debt is an interesting one
    Music selection is good, I think that an early Gallows could have done great work for this game.

I think that it is unfortunate that there is so much controversy surrounding this game, because so many people are just angry about a haircut and the change of personality in a character that was always kind of an airhead anyway.

I feel like if the series continues to go on, that Dante is probably going to gradually turn into something that resembles his character from previous games anyway. The game is a reset of the series. We were all young once, expressing our emotions strongly and forcing old people to endure our youthful tirades.

But definitely a game worth buying or checking out!
  82. Mar 8, 2013
    DmC was a fantastic reboot to a series that has constantly reinvented itself. I have followed the series closely and do not see the reasons for all the harsh criticism. I was wary of the game creating another prequel to a series that never seems to truly advance in its plot line. That being said I thoroughly enjoyed the plot in DmC deviating slightly from the original. It created aDmC was a fantastic reboot to a series that has constantly reinvented itself. I have followed the series closely and do not see the reasons for all the harsh criticism. I was wary of the game creating another prequel to a series that never seems to truly advance in its plot line. That being said I thoroughly enjoyed the plot in DmC deviating slightly from the original. It created a realistic Dante and Vergil and introduced something the series has been lacking: CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Onto the gameplay. The revamped combo system far outshines any previous Devil May Cry being able to quickly slap between weapons, while maintaining move canceling. The loss of the lock on system was actually quite pleasant since it meant never having to hold a button and all-in-all the autolock was almost never wrong. The level designs were far more imaginative than the typical gothic castles.

I did find DmC lacking in replay value, a problem that has plagued Devil May Cry for some time. Also as enjoyable as the plot was, it is seriously annoying to have another prequel to a series that has had one already. Looking at the game as a whole it was great and extremely enjoyable
  83. Mar 6, 2013
    This is not a bad game, for god's sake its a reboot of the series, an alternate reality to the old games, you can't downrate the entire game just because the protagonist looks different, most of you need to stop throwing tantrums, and rate the game properly, no way in hell does this deserve the low rating shown here, have you played a game a game that really deserves a 0's and 1's? itsThis is not a bad game, for god's sake its a reboot of the series, an alternate reality to the old games, you can't downrate the entire game just because the protagonist looks different, most of you need to stop throwing tantrums, and rate the game properly, no way in hell does this deserve the low rating shown here, have you played a game a game that really deserves a 0's and 1's? its obviously not this. besides Capcom were done making DmC games, you wouldn't have seen another game if it weren't for Ninja Theory taking it on, and i think they did a great job, the visuals are spectacular, the performance is great, the story isn't bad either, at least the turnout was great compared what happend with the Silent Hill games when Konami stopped developing them. Expand
  84. Mar 4, 2013
    Great game, great reboot of a favorite classic! Looks wonderful on PC, is hellova fun to play I really enjoyed the fact that there's a lot more depth to the story at long last.
    Oh yeah, one other thing I really got over the bad new hair by the time the game came to an end ;)
    Looking forward to more in the years to come!
  85. Mar 4, 2013
    I've played dmc 2,3 and 4 and this one is simple epic. I'm giving 10 cause of the fresh air, design and story privded by 5th dmc. I agree that game ending isn't sophisticated, but hey it's DMC, not the longest journey. This game was made to be fun (as all dmc's), and it is clear and undisturbed slasher experience. Not to mention OST that is definitely the best so far if you like bothI've played dmc 2,3 and 4 and this one is simple epic. I'm giving 10 cause of the fresh air, design and story privded by 5th dmc. I agree that game ending isn't sophisticated, but hey it's DMC, not the longest journey. This game was made to be fun (as all dmc's), and it is clear and undisturbed slasher experience. Not to mention OST that is definitely the best so far if you like both metal and dnb/dstep Expand
  86. Mar 3, 2013
    When I saw the new Dante, I was hating the game before it game out. Beeing bored I decided to buy it, expecting nothing from it, however, I was amazed by how good it is. For those who still have doubt, you can play Dante with white Hair aswell, in fact (little spoiler) at the end his normal hair becomes white aswell. As for him beeing an emo, not true, dont listen to the haters, try itWhen I saw the new Dante, I was hating the game before it game out. Beeing bored I decided to buy it, expecting nothing from it, however, I was amazed by how good it is. For those who still have doubt, you can play Dante with white Hair aswell, in fact (little spoiler) at the end his normal hair becomes white aswell. As for him beeing an emo, not true, dont listen to the haters, try it out, for me it was the best DMC so far. Expand
  87. Mar 2, 2013
    An excellent reboot that blends fantastic cutscenes, an engaging story and fast paced demon slaying action. I simply didn't want to put the game down.
  88. Feb 28, 2013
    awesome gameplay, awesome story, fantastic art, beautiful characters and places, Dante is annoying at first but deep down he is the Dante we all Love, AMAZING REBOOT... just amazing...
  89. Feb 24, 2013
    This is an awesome game.
    Great music,intense action,beautiful graphics,and it is well optimized.(Even on my p4 3.0ghz CPU runs it mostly well.
    IF you like slashing demons,and want something really new,try this.
    DmC has a nice replayability factor too with collectables and many difficulity mode.
    This is a must-have game for everyone,even if you didn't like the older ones.
  90. Feb 22, 2013
    Graphic: visual effects are pretty good,and...maybe awesome,realy nice to watch,unreal engine at it best GamePlay: interesting option with demon and angel mod, well number of weapon and combo,tuff enemies,a lot of secret missions.Well done.
    Story: rather fresh and interesting,but...to short i think,has to be expanded. ...
    This game is a good start of a brand-new DMC,not incredible,but
    This game is a good start of a brand-new DMC,not incredible,but worthy.Devil may cry and slasher fans-MUST HAVE.
    And,by the way,use gamepad for the greatest impressions and experience.
  91. Feb 22, 2013
    The gameplay is fun, both the combat and the platforming. The visual style was really cool, and had some crazy boss fights. I expected Dante to be a douche, but I actually liked him, he was funny at times as well. Virgil was a cool character too. I think they did an excellent job with the performance capturing, light movements like their eyes made a huge difference. The story was prettyThe gameplay is fun, both the combat and the platforming. The visual style was really cool, and had some crazy boss fights. I expected Dante to be a douche, but I actually liked him, he was funny at times as well. Virgil was a cool character too. I think they did an excellent job with the performance capturing, light movements like their eyes made a huge difference. The story was pretty good. People who are complaining about this game either never played it or want to hate it just because it's different. Expand
  92. Feb 21, 2013
    I would like to note some things about this game, first of all, i do believe this game is really good, i like the combat, the style, the music, and overall this game is a really nice work, graphics are beautiful, the other games of the series didn't really focused a lot on the world and i really like that this was not the case, combat also is fun with lots of combos and things to unlock,I would like to note some things about this game, first of all, i do believe this game is really good, i like the combat, the style, the music, and overall this game is a really nice work, graphics are beautiful, the other games of the series didn't really focused a lot on the world and i really like that this was not the case, combat also is fun with lots of combos and things to unlock, the story is acceptable, not the blasphemy some people call, but the second thing is, i really hate the fact that with this being a good game with possibility of being even better, Ninja Theory and Capcom will probably scrap this project as the black sheep of the family just for plain hate of the people who gave this so many bad reviews without even giving credit to the good things, it's plain unfair, i would love to see more games with this gameplay instead of another DMC2 (which i believe it was really a flawed game), i do hope they at least maintain some of the things that they brought to this game and encourage everyone doubting to play it and try not hate it from the start. Expand
  93. Feb 21, 2013
    A really nice reboot. I was one of the hater who hated Ninja Theory for redesigned Dante too. The thing is, everything else except the look of the characters has lived up to my expectations. I would like to play the sequel of DmC. The only thing I can complain is that the game is too easy, so easy that smashing buttons can achieve SSS grades. Please make it more challenging in the next game.
  94. Feb 20, 2013
    What can i say: just freaking awesome game after 8 hours i finally finished and it was worth every minute spent on it. Pros 1. PC Port 10/10 there are no camera problems, you can change your controls, graphics, everything you need just to enjoy the game 2.Graphics i was really impressed by how the game looks and performs,
  95. Feb 20, 2013
    Un juego impresionante supera con creces a las entregas anteriores, muchos critican al nuevo Dante pero eso me tiene sin cuidado los haters y nostálgicos no paran de joder a su vez como lo hacen con Resident Evil no lo superan por dios.. los combates están muy bien logrados fluido y muy adictivo una gran series de combos.. el port de PC esta mas que bien optimizado.. espero que los hatersUn juego impresionante supera con creces a las entregas anteriores, muchos critican al nuevo Dante pero eso me tiene sin cuidado los haters y nostálgicos no paran de joder a su vez como lo hacen con Resident Evil no lo superan por dios.. los combates están muy bien logrados fluido y muy adictivo una gran series de combos.. el port de PC esta mas que bien optimizado.. espero que los haters cambien de opinión y dejen de pendejadas con el nuevo dante.. Expand
  96. Feb 19, 2013
    Excellent PC port of an excellent game! Ignore the copious amounts of terrible user reviews. People have an issue with reboots, and that's a problem I can understand. The only time a reboot is a positive thing is when the new version of the game/franchise is distinctly different or better. Fortunately, this is a case where the game is both better and different, taking the basic idea of theExcellent PC port of an excellent game! Ignore the copious amounts of terrible user reviews. People have an issue with reboots, and that's a problem I can understand. The only time a reboot is a positive thing is when the new version of the game/franchise is distinctly different or better. Fortunately, this is a case where the game is both better and different, taking the basic idea of the original series and pushing it in smart, often surprising, directions. Story is fine, quite funny in parts, and generally well directed and acted. The action is smooth, controls are tight, and the combat is easy to learn and hard to master. I can not fathom how the user score is below an eight for this game (oh wait, this is Metacritic, where people spam 0's for games that offend their delicate sensibilities.) This game is a blast to play, and maybe the best Capcom game since Dead Rising.

This game performs wonderfully, never dropping below 60 fps 1920x1080 at maximum settings on a three year old PC.

A special note on replayability: The game has multiple extremely difficult challenge modes that are unlocked after completing the game. People who claim this game is dumbed down and easier than the old series doing know what they're talking about. When I see a video of these people beating the hardest difficulty, I will become a believer in their cause.
  97. Feb 18, 2013
    "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liggggggggggghttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes the writing in this Devil May Cry game might just be some of the best, the new Dante is pretty subjective but personally I think he looks kinda cool and his snarky attitude is amusing. Pretty much like someone of that age can be. The PC version is probably the better version due to

The PC version is probably the better version due to uncapped frame rates and things, the sound track is good if you are into that kind of music. Level design in the visual sense is amazing. Judged on its own merits its a pretty good game, players into hardcore 3rd person spectacle fighters might not enjoy it so much as the combat is simplified compared to others.

Most of the people complaining are upset that its not a direct sequel, nothing wrong with that but it has reached the stage where its become people throwing their toys out of their pram.
  98. VRH
    Feb 17, 2013
    This game is pure AWESOMENESS!!! I was always fun of DMC series but this one really delivered! Dante is played very well (The scene with Sucubus is hilarious) story is interesting and gameplay is pure fun! When you unlock a fourth difficulty it is completely new game, Bosses and other enemies behave different...In last 3 days I have passed it 3 times and completed all secret missions andThis game is pure AWESOMENESS!!! I was always fun of DMC series but this one really delivered! Dante is played very well (The scene with Sucubus is hilarious) story is interesting and gameplay is pure fun! When you unlock a fourth difficulty it is completely new game, Bosses and other enemies behave different...In last 3 days I have passed it 3 times and completed all secret missions and I will play it again! Expand
  99. Feb 17, 2013
    A pretty good game with few downsides. The first thing people notice is the reboot has changed a lot of things. First there is the new Dante, who is far inferior to the original Dante both visually and as a character, as he appears as a generic guy with very little appeal as a character. Same goes for Vergil and Kat. The story is nothing special, but it does it's part in this type of game.A pretty good game with few downsides. The first thing people notice is the reboot has changed a lot of things. First there is the new Dante, who is far inferior to the original Dante both visually and as a character, as he appears as a generic guy with very little appeal as a character. Same goes for Vergil and Kat. The story is nothing special, but it does it's part in this type of game. Graphics are nothing spectacular technically, but it gives the game nice visuals combined with the twisted environments of the Limbo. Gameplay is simpler than the previous DMC games, but it is still a lot of fun. The color-coded weapon and enemy system is a bit juvenile and rather than increasing the difficulty by making some enemies immune to certain weapons, it's more likely to be irritating. Lastly, the game is a very good port with extensive options and works great with a keyboard. Expand
  100. Feb 12, 2013
    Okay, first of all: I DONT LIKE THE NEW DANTE, they made him such a jackass Anyway im sick of these 1 out of 10 rates from the community, you guys really dont know what a 1 out of 10 game looks like....

The graphics are fine for me, gameplay is smooth, easy and fun, the story is well...... not that bad.

Hardcore DMC fans probably hate this reboot

1. Jun 10, 2013
    It’s an awesome game, despite its flaws. Whether you like the young Dante or not, is purely a matter of personal taste. But that’s not an excuse to ignore this gem. [March 2013]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    DMC: Devil May Cry sublimates the best of the genre and conquest PC user with a fast-paced and eye-catching title, made of pure action.
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    Graphical flaws and overly linear gameplay aside, DmC is a solid first installment in the relaunched franchise.