DmC: Devil May Cry PC

6.7

1. Sep 8, 2015
    5/10 Mainly because it's too simple for a Devil may cry game. When one uses the name of a popular franchise, one should also respect it. This game fails to deliver a Devil may cry experience to offer a more casual friendly Dmc while neglecting the fans that got it's back in the first place. So here is to summarize:

Good: *Newbie Friendly. If you're new to this genre, don't worry, this

Good:
    *Newbie Friendly. If you're new to this genre, don't worry, this game offers so little resistence you will find yourself making your way to the end of it, one way or another. You'll die, of course, but it's no Dark Souls or Dmc4.
    * Great Level Design. When you pass on the other world you'll know about what I'm talking about!
    * Great Story. Another good point it's the whole issue of how gullible people can be and how easy it's for the media to control us. Check it out!
    * Great graphics. Up to date and very nice to watch
    * Semi- free exploration. You will feel less claustrophobic than in most old school Dmc games.

Bad:
    * Underdeveloped Dmc Battle System. They took Dmc4's 4 core system and reduce it's potential to the minimum. No jump cancel, no fighting styles, no versatilty... nothing. Just visuals. In casuals slang would be "so fly!", but in normal to hardcore gamer slang it's more like "...bland... I'd rather go GOW if I wanted simple and brutal".
    * Easy! even on harder difficulties. With the bland battle sys came the need for small challenges, compensated with oversized giants to feel some sort of epicness in every win. Here you have big pushovers who are so dumb and easy to kill you practically win by just smashing the crap out of your controller. It's not only that GOW does it better, it's that for a Dmc CLAIMING to be part of the franchise it's just borderline mediocre.
    *Unlikeable characters. From the douche Dante, to the boring Kat, to the annoying Phineas, to the wimp/cowardice Vergil... none of them are the shadow of the stool any of the characters in the old series could poop. Fact.

So as you see, it's not that the game is bad. By itself it's easily a 7/10... the point is that as Devil may cry game DmC fails misserably to deliver the experience promised by a game that uses the shadow of a big franchise to fart in the mouth of all the fans that support that franchise in the first place.
  2. May 23, 2015
    this game is quite nice. The story is quite ok and the characters are also ok . The difficulty level is not bad but i find DMC3 and Dmc4 is far more challenging. The boss battles are nice. And the new redesign of Dante and Vergil is nice but i prefer the original design & personality of Capcom did. The ost is ok but i think Capcom has better OST maker. And *spoiler alert*this game is quite nice. The story is quite ok and the characters are also ok . The difficulty level is not bad but i find DMC3 and Dmc4 is far more challenging. The boss battles are nice. And the new redesign of Dante and Vergil is nice but i prefer the original design & personality of Capcom did. The ost is ok but i think Capcom has better OST maker. And *spoiler alert* ................................. i think DMC3 final mission is more difficult, challenging than this game final mission. For Dmc3 and DMC4, player can choose 4 style+. This game has no style selection. And 1 more con is no taunt . Expand
  3. Apr 25, 2015
    this action game is great, the combo the style the weapons how realistic the animation is but.....
    this is not the devil may cry or Dante i used to play.... i'm a fan of devil may cry.. Dante,Vergil and Nero
    is a bad-ass character not like this...

DEVELOPER OF THIS GAME SLAP THE FACE OF THE OLD DANTE FANS WITH THE CHAPTER 1 JOKE ABOUT THE HAIR
  4. Jan 19, 2015
    I have to say,DmC isn't the worst reboot,but it definitely has it's fair share of mistakes . However,this doesn't take away the absolute awesome moments in the game,so lets do this quick!

FINAL VERDICT Modern setting- 2 Plot is actually the best out of all the other DmC's (DevilMayCry)- 3 Graphically beautiful- 1 In the beggining sequence of the game when the white emo wig perfectly

FINAL VERDICT
    Modern setting- 2
    Plot is actually the best out of all the other DmC's (DevilMayCry)- 3
    Graphically beautiful- 1
    In the beggining sequence of the game when the white emo wig perfectly lands on Dante's head (A complete **** you to the fans of the old Dante,IT WASN'T AN EASTER EGG!)- -1
    Dante's new look and a bit of shift in personality- -3

FINAL RESULT=7
  5. Jan 12, 2015
    I am a big fan of the DMC Series, and I was among the few that was actually impressed with how this DmC was. As I played the game I felt that the controls were very well laid out which made the combat in the game quite awesome. However, the downside to the game I found that on the hardest difficulty it wasn't very challenging and getting SSS class was too easy.

The story telling of this

The story telling of this DmC was exceptional, especially compared to the previous games in the series. I think that this is where DmC actually shines. (As well as the awesome sound track)

For people who love these 3D hack and slashers it is a must play game, in regards to people slating it simply because Dante doesn't look like the 'original' Dante, it is worth keeping an open mind and the punky style really works for him. So consider it stand alone, it is a great game so don't judge it on that.

I give it a 7 because it simply wasn't challenging enough.
  6. Sep 12, 2014
    decent but uninspired. graphically quite good and didnt have any issues with freezes and crashes. combat is generally decent but too often you get caught up generally doing the same things over and over again which becomes repetitive fast. but way short on content and game finished a bit too quickly. New Game+ should not be primarily relied upon to add content/play-time.
  7. Sep 4, 2014
    Not the best Devil May Cry game by any means but definitely a good one. It had its flaws but still, it was fun. Nice soundtrack, ok gameplay (it could have been better), ok bosses (could have been better too) and ok levels and story as well. Dante was ok too although he was **** compared to the original. The previous games top this one easily but that doesn't make it a bad one. A decent, fun game.
  8. Aug 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. well i not saying this game is 100% suck buuut it's need just some stuff that we all want.
    OLD dante that is all the time badass . i don't think this "new emo dante or donte" is cool it's stupid srsly
    i don't want to tulk about vergil . the new one is .....suck just suck . that my opinion 0soo don't get mad or some thing.
    i see the graphiques was awesome i give it 8/10 the moves was cool but a bit slow but cool i give it 7/10
    the story is 5.5/10 didn't like it mush but not bad .
    i just feel bad to see the main character that i use to play with changed by a teen age boy want attention some how. that how it's looks . it was hard for me to egnore playing by him but i big fan of dmc so i have to . and way my point is . the most of the fans bad about the change of the characters and how they is .
    most of you does not care about the story since the character gone be like dante in DMC3 or DMC4 with the same voice acter . sorry for my english
  9. Jul 19, 2014
    Ok look. Some may find the reboot ok. others find it horrible, I as many wasn't happy with the redesign, but when i played the game i though "Eh not that bad". However there is a Major flaw in the design that at the time may seem minimal, but inevitably will hurt the game. The design is not timeless like the original. By shifting the whole absurdity and giving it a serious almost Emo/punkOk look. Some may find the reboot ok. others find it horrible, I as many wasn't happy with the redesign, but when i played the game i though "Eh not that bad". However there is a Major flaw in the design that at the time may seem minimal, but inevitably will hurt the game. The design is not timeless like the original. By shifting the whole absurdity and giving it a serious almost Emo/punk tone it will become dated quickly. even now i look at the game and find it hasn't aged well already. The new Dante has no staying power or ability to keep you interested in him more then i would in a snail. Maybe it will get a new game or 2 or retcon into a more classical route and properly evolve the story, but if not i will see this franchise get rebooted again quite soon. Expand
  10. May 23, 2014
    I loved this reboot of the DMC series. Also, people need to calm down about the Young Dante, it's a "REBOOT" if they started it where they left off then it wouldn't be a reboot, it'd be a continuation. I do admit this game has many flaws of what Dante, and Vergil originated from and the dialogue is the same as always, awkward and too cheesy. This games story that began it all, reallyI loved this reboot of the DMC series. Also, people need to calm down about the Young Dante, it's a "REBOOT" if they started it where they left off then it wouldn't be a reboot, it'd be a continuation. I do admit this game has many flaws of what Dante, and Vergil originated from and the dialogue is the same as always, awkward and too cheesy. This games story that began it all, really doesn't make much sense but don't try to **** me and say the DMC series has had a good story. I'd recommend this to you if you wanted to pass about 12 hours, haha. It's an averagely good game. Expand
  11. UCA
    May 8, 2014
    It's a diffcult game. But I think this game is too simple because you really only can be two skills, dodge an attack and attack with your weapon or magic.
  12. Apr 5, 2014
    The game is good but it's created 100% for consoles. The movement, the fights, everything. May be if I owned a console would play it, but after the first mission I uninstalled it.
  13. Mar 23, 2014
    I really tired to give this game a fair shake but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get into it. I have admittedly played the older dmc games and enjoyed mainly the third one but I don't think that's the reason I didn't care for this one much. I did like the limbo city level design, everything twisting and becoming a parallel demonic world was pretty cool looking, and theI really tired to give this game a fair shake but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get into it. I have admittedly played the older dmc games and enjoyed mainly the third one but I don't think that's the reason I didn't care for this one much. I did like the limbo city level design, everything twisting and becoming a parallel demonic world was pretty cool looking, and the platforming/semi quick time event sections weren't excessively tedious which can sometimes be a problem with this kind of game. The music was also very nice. Where the game fell short for me was the combat, it wasn't that I was so amazing at the game, it's that the game kept rewarding me for excessive mediocrity. I found the controls slightly awkward for a while (though that was more a problem on my end than with the game) but it didn't really matter, I found that attacking a target and switching weapons/attacks at random consistently yielded SSS combat rating for no apparent reason. I had done nothing fancy, I hadn't avoided getting hit that often but so long as I kept switching weapons the game was pretty sure I was amazing so what was the point of actually learning how to chain anything? Again it's not that it was too easy or that I was so great, I was getting hit and sometimes getting hit badly, the game just didn't seem to care. It is also awkward to have no lock on system so you kind of have to just face the general direction of what you want to hit and hope the game understands what you're trying to do. The story was kind of meh but let's be honest here no one is playing this game for the amazing narrative, they're playing it for the ability to stab a giant demon in the face with a magic sword which the game does deliver on. My only other problem was the character design and oddly enough new Dante wasn't my issue, it was everyone else. They all looked strange to me and my biggest gripe strangely was new Vergil, I think they were going for sleek, cool, level headed badass but ended up with well dressed, yet still somehow out of place douchebag. That's not a huge deal breaker but it was slightly bothersome. Overall it's a decent action game but it's nothing special or different and the lack of motivation to get any better at fighting things was a big turn off. Expand
  14. Mar 18, 2014
    The game is beautiful and very good optimized, the stages have good design sometime to colorful. But the characters are week, disappointing for me bad reboot(not talking for Dante hairs), the jokes are not funny some bosses look annoying don't like all the weapons. Beautiful Hack and slash with poor characters and story.
  15. Jan 11, 2014
    After being curious about the reboot, being a huge fan of the original 4 I must say it doesn't quite cut the cake when it comes to originality as far as its characters or fighting style. In the first hour I was furiously frustrated with the new layout for combat, two buttons for sword attacks drove me insane and NO FRICKEN LOCK ON BUTTON!!! On the plus side combos are more fluid and easierAfter being curious about the reboot, being a huge fan of the original 4 I must say it doesn't quite cut the cake when it comes to originality as far as its characters or fighting style. In the first hour I was furiously frustrated with the new layout for combat, two buttons for sword attacks drove me insane and NO FRICKEN LOCK ON BUTTON!!! On the plus side combos are more fluid and easier to accomplish giving you the feeling of being a total badass, with that being said though its feels more like a god of war fighting style totally deviating from the original (as to be expected) also holding triggers down to keep weapons equipped and the grabbers can be quite confusing at times and takes getting used to. Story wise, it's bland and very (rage against industry) over fighting The Lord of hell. Getting past the new Dante's appearance he's just tasteless saying every combination of **** and **** possible with boring one liners and the lack of goofiness of the original, he just seems like a slob sex addict pretty boy with powers opposed to the arrogant calm demon hunter badass I and most other fans had loved. Overall I will judge on the game it self with no ties to the original because its not the same. I'd say rent it if you liked god of war and you like to strive for insane combos and test your abilities. I don't suggest you buy unless you plan on doing more then one play through or if your hardcore with the previous games or they're fighting engine because you will be disappointed. And as for me personally, I'd give it 6 out of 10 just because I'd didn't have any major issues according to playability and because although disappointing it was an alright shot at a reboot but just too many dramatic changes to get a majority of old fans back Expand
  16. Dec 30, 2013
    I loved Devil May Cry 4, and had high hopes for DmC. It was fun in the beginning, but it became very difficulty even in easy mode (i.e., playing as human) after a few hours into the game. If you hate controllers like me, this game is not for you as keyboard mouse are not good to execute combos, which are almost mandatory if you want to finish some missions. I had to stop half way throughI loved Devil May Cry 4, and had high hopes for DmC. It was fun in the beginning, but it became very difficulty even in easy mode (i.e., playing as human) after a few hours into the game. If you hate controllers like me, this game is not for you as keyboard mouse are not good to execute combos, which are almost mandatory if you want to finish some missions. I had to stop half way through the game due to frustration with the controls. Expand
  17. Dec 16, 2013
    A visual-treat, with above-average facial/character animations and good voice-acting. My first experience with DmC, and it was a fun one. It's a linear but imaginative brawler with a demon-limbo theme at times it feels truly epic, and others slightly repetitive and a bit clunky. I seem to remember this came out in January but I held off on buying it as I kind of suspected that it wasn'tA visual-treat, with above-average facial/character animations and good voice-acting. My first experience with DmC, and it was a fun one. It's a linear but imaginative brawler with a demon-limbo theme at times it feels truly epic, and others slightly repetitive and a bit clunky. I seem to remember this came out in January but I held off on buying it as I kind of suspected that it wasn't worth the then high asking price. It's no doubt a game I would recommend at a discounted price. If I were to complain about a few things then it would be, that some of the boss fights are massively grindy, also I think there are slightly too many combat moves and upgrades. The tunnel-like linearity of the game isn't too much of a problem, as the levels are well-designed and looks like plenty of effort went into them. The story twist at final "boss" is the biggest let down and feels just plain wrong. Anyone giving this game a 0 or a 10 is completely nuts. Currently the User Score is 6.5 and I'd say that's slightly low, but not far off the reality. Expand
  18. Jul 29, 2013
    This game had a lot of potential, however there a several reasons why this is not a 10. Without playing as Vergil this game seems incomplete to me. You need to purchase a lazy piece of DLC to do that.
    Also, the lack of skins for yourself and weapons is an issue, also because you need to buy them if you want any. Maybe I find this to be a huge problem because I am from a time where you unlocked such things through game play and not you wallet.
    The last part of the game seemed lazy, and the lack of a targeting system really pissed me off at times.
  19. Jun 15, 2013
    Well the Idea of changing the game was not bad, but....
    First things first: The good thing is, the leveldesing is amazing, the soundtrack is great, the enemys are different.
    But on the other hand, the original Dante and Vergil in DMC 3 are unmatchable... There will never be a better Devil May Cry then the third part.
  20. Jun 10, 2013
    Absolutely great game.
    I haven't played DmC since DmC3, and at first didn't like the look of this one, but I gave it a go nonetheless.
    Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed. The combat system is superb, the soundtrack is great (although won't be to everyone's taste), and the graphics and level design is top-notch, although slightly corridor. Unfortunately, the story let it down
    Absolutely great game.
    Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed.
    Unfortunately, the story let it down slightly, as it was vague and there was no real "drive" behind Dante's actions, whereas the story in the older games was more detailed, but still a great game nonetheless.
    It was also somewhat short, leaving maybe enough replay value for a second (but unlikely a third) playthrough.

I'd recommend it, but maybe when it's nice and cheap.
  21. Jun 1, 2013
    A very enjoyable game.. It's a huge fun to play.. very addictive specially in your first gameplay.. and you would probably go for more then one walkthrough, specially with the new difficulties incentive.. the level-repeat system is great.. it actually makes repeating levels useful, since it keeps your new upgrades and the new stuff you achieved while repeating that level..

on the other

on the other hand, the gameplay, although very fun, is pretty much plain and shallow, you don't do anything special.. you don't think.. it's Just some random daemons that shows up for you to hack & slash, or button mash.. but i guess that's what a hack-&-slash video game is.

The story is stupid, it feels shallow and juvenile, as you'd expect from a daemons-plot.. The story feels like an uninteresting teens anime.. it takes the "governments control you" & "media owns you" theme, But Dante is so NOT v for vendetta.. He's a douchebag and doesn't feel like a fully developed character.. In the first 2010 debut trailer.. he seemed very interesting, He seemed like the stoned, sick, twisted-criminal-minded careless psycho sort of character.. Not the theatrical badass, More like natural careless evil guy.. But what they offered was totally different then the impression that trailer gave.. They offered an undeveloped semi-cool douchebag who loves to exhibit his ability to say you".. It felt like writers were depending on his charming smile rather than the character's dialog or persona.. Ya. it was kinda cool and memorable character.. but surely not the unique or interesting one..

But the really annoying character was Virgil.. Virgil felt like Hoyt in Far cry 3.. the final villain who doesn't fit to be the final villain.. The nonsensical character that feels it was just made evil to give you a final boss mission.. besides, the final scene "SPOILER" was dumb.. what do you mean by taking control of the world.. what they gonna do? hit a button? make another virility?

In the overall.. it's a great game. if you want to play a game that's very enjoyable.. very fun.. but with shallow story and writing, Then this is your choice.

P.S: I never played any DMC before. only played devil may cry 3 for like the first two hours and haven't really kicked in into the game.. So this review is not in compare to previous games.. it's based solely on what the new DMC offers.
  22. Apr 30, 2013
    DmC:Devil may Cry is easily one the best game and a refreshing one that come out of late. A HnS game that doesn't rely on QTE, actually let you chain combos with a nice variation of weapon, and actually having some enemies worthy of DMC name it bears. All of this of course only possible thanks to the unimaginative mind of most developers where the all the combat gameplay fall into shooterDmC:Devil may Cry is easily one the best game and a refreshing one that come out of late. A HnS game that doesn't rely on QTE, actually let you chain combos with a nice variation of weapon, and actually having some enemies worthy of DMC name it bears. All of this of course only possible thanks to the unimaginative mind of most developers where the all the combat gameplay fall into shooter genre plus minus some gimmicky mechanics. Not saying shooter is bad, but if 7 out 10 games that came out are shooter, something is wrong.

DmC's gameplay is clearly lacking when compared to the older DMC, No lock on, slow paced combat, slow and unintuitive enemies, poor boss fights.
    In DmC we just have to hope that Dante attacks the enemy we want to attack, the lack of hard lock on diminish the precision of attacks or combos we could have and even become more apparent in vergil's downfall.
    Now when i say slow paced combat, i of course mean compared to the old series, even DMC3 is a lot faster in combat. This varies greatly with how you play, but generally this is because of the slow demon weapons, even when you only use it scarcely, the animation for it is taking so much time that it abruptly slow you down from your previous combos.
    The normal enemies are telegraphing their moved decades before they actually attack, hence at the end of the day they are no more than punching bags waiting to be slaughtered and provide no challenge at all... Some of the harder enemy, dreamrunner and drekavac,are actually challenging, but their near perfect blocking limits people in what they could use in a combo and break the flow of a combo more often mundane than challenging. Then there are those color coded enemies, the worst of all, because obviously for the same reason, but now they limit you more and their basic AI design is so boring when compared to dreamrunners. DmC insists on adding layers of shields rather than making their AI better, faster and more responsive.
    The boss fights could be the worst part of the game, if not for vergil and barbas. All of the other bosses are just giant punching bag that doesn't even know how to fight back and I'm talking about DMD difficulty.Talk about la big let down.

But even after all that, DmC is surprisingly fun to play, since it was designed to give you that awesome feeling even though you didn't do anything out of the ordinary. The aerial combat is too easy too pull but it makes up for some awesome visual feats. Now the design to make the game forgiving is rather understandable since it was to pull in some new people to the devil may cry, but it was rather too easy.

DmC is lacking in front of DMC(combat gameplay wise) but it is a great game when judged on its own merit.
    All in all DmC is a solid game when it stands alone. I'm even somewhat sure that if DmC:Devil may Cry was to be given new title, it would sold more.
  23. Apr 30, 2013
    Let me just straight to the point. As the new reboot of the DmC story, it sure has some interesting part, even though overall I think the story has yet to reach its max potential. Frankly, the integration of the weapons and the story is better than the previous DmC. It's a shame that I think that the only plus point of the game.

For the minus points, like I said that the story isn't

For the minus points, like I said that the story isn't quite that deep. Second, unlike previous DmC games, this fifth installments is rather easy and it has no challenge. They should at the very least add more puzzles to the game. The third one, Dante's design really different than the previous DmC, making it like it isn't a DmC game. And the fourth one, I am rather disappointed because I think DmC 4 has better graphic than this DmC.
  24. Apr 25, 2013
    If you have never played a DmC game before and you like beat em ups then this is a good game for you. Very playable with an easy to understand control system. The responsiveness of your character is great and helps to immerse you into the battles. The storyline, while short, is entertaining enough too. The graphics, while limited by console restrictions on the PC, are nicely done.
    That's
    That's the good stuff out of the way. Now for the bad...
    You will be doing puzzle after puzzle throughout this game and this can become mundane. Made even harder by the fact that you are required to memorize a large combination of buttons in order to pull some of the moves off required by the task you are doing. For the combat, it's not bad at all and gives you a real feel of power, but for the puzzles it just had me thinking; A game's difficulty should not be based on how hard it is to remember which button combination does what.
    The limitation to the graphics on the PC are restrictive. The PC version could have looked so much better than it did. Don' get me wrong, it still looks nice, but the potential was not taken advantage of.
    If you are looking for a game you can just pick up and play for 1 hour, and enjoy yourself then DmC is definitely worth a shot. PC Players be sure to use a gamepad or you will regret it!
  25. Apr 22, 2013
    Really enjoyed this one. I don't mind the new Dante, as I never really got into the older titles. This is so action packed and intense you will get lost in it for hours. This game is constantly throwing new skills, moves and weapons at you through the entire game until the very end so it always feels fresh. Play it.
  26. Apr 18, 2013
    Definitely liked it better than the others but the action got a bit stale toward the end. The camera pissed me off and so did the platforming segments. The presentation and story is what made me grin and bear it. Loved the ending.
  27. Apr 11, 2013
    A good game and nice graphics but the overall factor wasnt so nice... I was a bit disappointed. I expected interactive cut scenes and it would have made the game a lot better but anyways it provided a nice experience and the hack and slash was extreme..
  28. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is not as hard the old DMC games, the story is different, and so are the characters. But this is still a damn fun game. If you are an older player of this series, chances are you will not like this game based on what you see. But I can guarantee you, buy it, and you will have fun. The combat, while easy, is fast-paced, energetic and fluid and is accompanied by a seriouslyThis game is not as hard the old DMC games, the story is different, and so are the characters. But this is still a damn fun game. If you are an older player of this series, chances are you will not like this game based on what you see. But I can guarantee you, buy it, and you will have fun. The combat, while easy, is fast-paced, energetic and fluid and is accompanied by a seriously kick-ass soundtrack. What I didn't like about this game is the ridiculously easy boss fights who telegraph their moves way before they do them, and overall the weak characters of Dante and Vergil. Somewhere about 3/4s these two do something so morbid and despicable, I cannot describe it. The story is also very cliche and feels like a copy/paste of the movie "They live". Dante also swears a ton and isn't amusing as he was in the previous games. But hey, it's a 7/10 for me generally because of how well combat is done, which is the central point of the series anyways. Trust me, you should buy this game if you are into DMC and spectacle fighters. Angry fanboys are just killing their own series because they refuse to buy this game. But all they do is miss out of a fun game, and possibly any future such games. Expand
  29. Mar 28, 2013
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring game. Monsters, nothing else. City damages very pretty by scripts and taht's all.
  30. Mar 11, 2013
    I have been a Devil May Cry fan for a long time so when I heard about this reboot I immediately went into "butthurt fanboy" mode for quite a few months. However, I have a policy of always trying out games before judging them, so I gave this one a chance too. I have to say the first cinematic really made me want to smash my head on the wall. After that, however, I was positively surprised.I have been a Devil May Cry fan for a long time so when I heard about this reboot I immediately went into "butthurt fanboy" mode for quite a few months. However, I have a policy of always trying out games before judging them, so I gave this one a chance too. I have to say the first cinematic really made me want to smash my head on the wall. After that, however, I was positively surprised. The gameplay, although easier, is brilliant and made me forget about the new characters and the arguably mediocre plot very quickly. The level design is gorgeous and Combichrist really made an awesome job on the aggressive soundtrack. The guitar in the combat themes will make you feel like a badass. There are two things (well, aside for Dante's behaviour in the beginning) that annoyed the crap out of me: the lack of a lock on feature (this NEEDS to be patched, especially if they're planning on releasing future DLCs) and the way they pictured Sparda. From invincible overpowered hero to...well...useless Also, I don't understand why they removed the taunting option. From a technical point of view I'd say the game is nearly perfect, with very few to no bugs (at least, that's my experience), amazing graphics and responsive controls. A quality porting...not something I'm used to, especially when it comes to this kind of games. Overall, although I initially hated to admit it, I had a lot of fun with this game. While playing it's clear as day that the developers put a lot of effort and hard work into it and that's not something you see very often nowadays so I take my hat off before NT's developers and artists, as well as Noisia and Combichrist. It's good to see some people still care about what they do. My rating would be 7/7.5 if we look at it as a Devil May Cry game but a solid 8.5 if we consider it as a normal hack'n slash. In any case, it's worth a try. P.S. Now I would like to see a game in the original Devil May Cry universe, Capcom...pretty please? lol Expand
  31. Jan 26, 2013
    In short: Great action game, I like the style and everything, but a bad Devil May Cry. In Detail: The thing is, if you have never played another dmc or just played it because your friend had a copy and you gave it a try, you will not be disappointed with the new one. But I always liked the Old Dante and loved the Games, not only because of the action and the white hair, but because of theIn short: Great action game, I like the style and everything, but a bad Devil May Cry. In Detail: The thing is, if you have never played another dmc or just played it because your friend had a copy and you gave it a try, you will not be disappointed with the new one. But I always liked the Old Dante and loved the Games, not only because of the action and the white hair, but because of the whole over the top coolness. Dante is supposed to be a smooth dude who always finds the write words to make you grin, he is not supposed to feel like "a real guy" with "real feelings" that Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 10, 2013
    It’s an awesome game, despite its flaws. Whether you like the young Dante or not, is purely a matter of personal taste. But that’s not an excuse to ignore this gem. [March 2013]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    DMC: Devil May Cry sublimates the best of the genre and conquest PC user with a fast-paced and eye-catching title, made of pure action.
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    Graphical flaws and overly linear gameplay aside, DmC is a solid first installment in the relaunched franchise.