DmC: Devil May Cry PC

6.7

1. Dec 16, 2013
    A visual-treat, with above-average facial/character animations and good voice-acting. My first experience with DmC, and it was a fun one. It's a linear but imaginative brawler with a demon-limbo theme at times it feels truly epic, and others slightly repetitive and a bit clunky. I seem to remember this came out in January but I held off on buying it as I kind of suspected that it wasn'tA visual-treat, with above-average facial/character animations and good voice-acting. My first experience with DmC, and it was a fun one. It's a linear but imaginative brawler with a demon-limbo theme at times it feels truly epic, and others slightly repetitive and a bit clunky. I seem to remember this came out in January but I held off on buying it as I kind of suspected that it wasn't worth the then high asking price. It's no doubt a game I would recommend at a discounted price. If I were to complain about a few things then it would be, that some of the boss fights are massively grindy, also I think there are slightly too many combat moves and upgrades. The tunnel-like linearity of the game isn't too much of a problem, as the levels are well-designed and looks like plenty of effort went into them. The story twist at final "boss" is the biggest let down and feels just plain wrong. Anyone giving this game a 0 or a 10 is completely nuts. Currently the User Score is 6.5 and I'd say that's slightly low, but not far off the reality. Expand
  2. Feb 3, 2013
    Since it was my first DMC (Aside of Bayonetta i was never into the Genre) it was fine. There where some neat ideas and the gameplay was fluid. Story was somewhat generic. If they had removed this chick from the story and put in a guy (or women) who teaches him to get over his "I'm a ponce cuz of my miserable childhood' thing, there could be some character development. But i guess we need aSince it was my first DMC (Aside of Bayonetta i was never into the Genre) it was fine. There where some neat ideas and the gameplay was fluid. Story was somewhat generic. If they had removed this chick from the story and put in a guy (or women) who teaches him to get over his "I'm a ponce cuz of my miserable childhood' thing, there could be some character development. But i guess we need a chick in every game cuz we secretly keep playing because we hope that we can see ber boobies in the end. Expand
  3. Apr 22, 2013
    Really enjoyed this one. I don't mind the new Dante, as I never really got into the older titles. This is so action packed and intense you will get lost in it for hours. This game is constantly throwing new skills, moves and weapons at you through the entire game until the very end so it always feels fresh. Play it.
  4. Feb 6, 2013
    Being a Bayonetta wannabe is not that bad if done properly, however, despite coming out three years after the mentioned title, it feels incomplete if compared to it. It is still a funny game though, but not sure if it's worth the money it costs.
  5. Sep 12, 2014
    decent but uninspired. graphically quite good and didnt have any issues with freezes and crashes. combat is generally decent but too often you get caught up generally doing the same things over and over again which becomes repetitive fast. but way short on content and game finished a bit too quickly. New Game+ should not be primarily relied upon to add content/play-time.
  6. Mar 1, 2013
    Most people seem to agree that ninja theory didn't completely ruin the DMC formula. I agree. However, after about the three hour mark, you've experienced all aspects of the combat and the only further revelations appear in the form enemy palette swaps, and some original boss fights. Overall, the combat system seems less creative and more pattern based. (I'm mostly referring to the far tooMost people seem to agree that ninja theory didn't completely ruin the DMC formula. I agree. However, after about the three hour mark, you've experienced all aspects of the combat and the only further revelations appear in the form enemy palette swaps, and some original boss fights. Overall, the combat system seems less creative and more pattern based. (I'm mostly referring to the far too frequent double sword enemies that warp in and out) The visuals vary from mind-boggling beautiful to washed out, tacky, early unreal engine awfulness, the biggest culprit being the deplorable cutscenes. After what ninja theory was able to accomplish in enslaved and heavenly sword, I had to shake my head at some of the writing and delivery. I would have preferred the style of the still art they used on occasion with some sparse animation in some of the exposition scenes. Oh, and P.S., the camera will your up in a few scenes. Good effort, let's regroup on this one and come back with a vengeance. Expand
  7. Sep 4, 2014
    Not the best Devil May Cry game by any means but definitely a good one. It had its flaws but still, it was fun. Nice soundtrack, ok gameplay (it could have been better), ok bosses (could have been better too) and ok levels and story as well. Dante was ok too although he was **** compared to the original. The previous games top this one easily but that doesn't make it a bad one. A decent, fun game.
  8. May 23, 2014
    I loved this reboot of the DMC series. Also, people need to calm down about the Young Dante, it's a "REBOOT" if they started it where they left off then it wouldn't be a reboot, it'd be a continuation. I do admit this game has many flaws of what Dante, and Vergil originated from and the dialogue is the same as always, awkward and too cheesy. This games story that began it all, reallyI loved this reboot of the DMC series. Also, people need to calm down about the Young Dante, it's a "REBOOT" if they started it where they left off then it wouldn't be a reboot, it'd be a continuation. I do admit this game has many flaws of what Dante, and Vergil originated from and the dialogue is the same as always, awkward and too cheesy. This games story that began it all, really doesn't make much sense but don't try to **** me and say the DMC series has had a good story. I'd recommend this to you if you wanted to pass about 12 hours, haha. It's an averagely good game. Expand
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    I loved Devil May Cry 4, and had high hopes for DmC. It was fun in the beginning, but it became very difficulty even in easy mode (i.e., playing as human) after a few hours into the game. If you hate controllers like me, this game is not for you as keyboard mouse are not good to execute combos, which are almost mandatory if you want to finish some missions. I had to stop half way throughI loved Devil May Cry 4, and had high hopes for DmC. It was fun in the beginning, but it became very difficulty even in easy mode (i.e., playing as human) after a few hours into the game. If you hate controllers like me, this game is not for you as keyboard mouse are not good to execute combos, which are almost mandatory if you want to finish some missions. I had to stop half way through the game due to frustration with the controls. Expand
  10. Sep 8, 2015
    5/10 Mainly because it's too simple for a Devil may cry game. When one uses the name of a popular franchise, one should also respect it. This game fails to deliver a Devil may cry experience to offer a more casual friendly Dmc while neglecting the fans that got it's back in the first place. So here is to summarize:

Good: *Newbie Friendly. If you're new to this genre, don't worry, this

Good:
    *Newbie Friendly. If you're new to this genre, don't worry, this game offers so little resistence you will find yourself making your way to the end of it, one way or another. You'll die, of course, but it's no Dark Souls or Dmc4.
    * Great Level Design. When you pass on the other world you'll know about what I'm talking about!
    * Great Story. Another good point it's the whole issue of how gullible people can be and how easy it's for the media to control us. Check it out!
    * Great graphics. Up to date and very nice to watch
    * Semi- free exploration. You will feel less claustrophobic than in most old school Dmc games.

Bad:
    * Underdeveloped Dmc Battle System. They took Dmc4's 4 core system and reduce it's potential to the minimum. No jump cancel, no fighting styles, no versatilty... nothing. Just visuals. In casuals slang would be "so fly!", but in normal to hardcore gamer slang it's more like "...bland... I'd rather go GOW if I wanted simple and brutal".
    * Easy! even on harder difficulties. With the bland battle sys came the need for small challenges, compensated with oversized giants to feel some sort of epicness in every win. Here you have big pushovers who are so dumb and easy to kill you practically win by just smashing the crap out of your controller. It's not only that GOW does it better, it's that for a Dmc CLAIMING to be part of the franchise it's just borderline mediocre.
    *Unlikeable characters. From the douche Dante, to the boring Kat, to the annoying Phineas, to the wimp/cowardice Vergil... none of them are the shadow of the stool any of the characters in the old series could poop. Fact.

So as you see, it's not that the game is bad. By itself it's easily a 7/10... the point is that as Devil may cry game DmC fails misserably to deliver the experience promised by a game that uses the shadow of a big franchise to fart in the mouth of all the fans that support that franchise in the first place.
  11. Jul 19, 2014
    Ok look. Some may find the reboot ok. others find it horrible, I as many wasn't happy with the redesign, but when i played the game i though "Eh not that bad". However there is a Major flaw in the design that at the time may seem minimal, but inevitably will hurt the game. The design is not timeless like the original. By shifting the whole absurdity and giving it a serious almost Emo/punkOk look. Some may find the reboot ok. others find it horrible, I as many wasn't happy with the redesign, but when i played the game i though "Eh not that bad". However there is a Major flaw in the design that at the time may seem minimal, but inevitably will hurt the game. The design is not timeless like the original. By shifting the whole absurdity and giving it a serious almost Emo/punk tone it will become dated quickly. even now i look at the game and find it hasn't aged well already. The new Dante has no staying power or ability to keep you interested in him more then i would in a snail. Maybe it will get a new game or 2 or retcon into a more classical route and properly evolve the story, but if not i will see this franchise get rebooted again quite soon. Expand
  12. Feb 20, 2013
    Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry (what the hell is with the title? 2 DMCs?) I have never played DMC before until now. From start to finish I only had questions racing through my mind time and again on the several plotholes in this game that didn't seemed filled.

Graphics Top notch all the visuals in this game are truly amazing. It was extremely pleasing to the eyes. Story First one is

Story First one is how does Limbo work? One minute it affects your surroundings and anything the demons destroy there it is destroyed in the real world. Ok makes sense this is a plain where demons can be summoned to and you fight them here. Then we get the the mansion and that concept goes straight out the window as everything is torn apart and destroyed. I didn't believe it thought I was overthinking things then I got to the Warehouse and knew it to be true as the warehouse grew 90x it's size that day. It doesn't end there. The characters are awful. Dante is one minute a badass then next a caring guy then next he's a sad lil emo kid. Vergil who magically got his memories back is just an now. Mundus is a dumbass. If he went to Dante's families home and saw pictures all over the place... wouldn't he know of Vergil's existence...? Kat looks like she was thrown in for a love interest for Dante. I mean she can be completely removed and her role can be taken by Vergil pretty much. So she is... useless.

Gameplay Amazing! Truly awesome. Controls are flawless and easy to use. It was easy to control and I picked up on it really fast. Flawless movements too makes it look like he's swinging the sword so the motion capture here was top notch! Can't get better than this. Camera was never an issue. No lock-on though made it hard to fight because those flying things could be a pain in the ass. The ranking system though is... easy? Really easy. Don't think I got anything below S once on my 3 playthroughs.

Difficulty This game was easy until I put it on Hell on Hell mode but, what the hell do you expect when a games AI can one shot you.

Length/Replayable Length is reasonable. I got about 6 or 7 hours of play on my first run and it is replayable of course because of all the stuff you can grab and unlock on your next playthrough. Plus unlocking the harder difficulties to play as you get these unlockables makes it a tad more challenging but not too much in my opinion.

So 3 out of the 5 things I look for in a game were solid giving this game a 6 out of 10. It's not perfect but it's something alright.
  13. UCA
    May 8, 2014
    It's a diffcult game. But I think this game is too simple because you really only can be two skills, dodge an attack and attack with your weapon or magic.
  14. Jan 26, 2013
    The art syle of in-game levels is superb but the overall graphics quality is very low: even if you enable HD textures and HD antialias the game looks awful, the environments are bare and the massive use of cool demonic graphics effects is not enough to hide poor textures detail and sharp objects. Colours look watered-down and faded, that's a shame because Capcom games always looked veryThe art syle of in-game levels is superb but the overall graphics quality is very low: even if you enable HD textures and HD antialias the game looks awful, the environments are bare and the massive use of cool demonic graphics effects is not enough to hide poor textures detail and sharp objects. Colours look watered-down and faded, that's a shame because Capcom games always looked very good, take the Street Fighter IV and sequels series or the Dead Rising series...even the Resident Evil 5 and sequels series had more brilliant colours and better textures. What is worst, the game makes no use of environmental mapping and landscapes, backgrounds, locations all look blurry and confused (some objects look pixelized! That's a shame for today games!). If it wasn't that we are in 2013, I would have thought that this was a 2007 game visually talking, as it's very disappointing.

DmC: Devil May Cry is a pleasant game, very action oriented, fast and paced. There is variety of enemies, different weapons, very good combo choice and character advancement during the game. But the gameplay becomes boring and repetitive very soon and the thing you keep doing is pressing attack buttons, and so on...again and again. The story is featureless and banal, you have been hearing of that stuff lots of times before...nothing new about that, the eternal conflict between angels and demons.

As for music and sounds, the game is pretty good and voice acting is immersive and believable. Controls are generally good, but when you come to combos some issues arise because e.g. pressing Q+RM or Q+F+space and so on is not always responsive and smooth, and this will often oblige you to restart from the last platform again and again... Longevity? I have finished the game is 9+1/2 hours. To sum it up, DmC: Devil May Cry could have been a very good game if it had featured a less repetitive gameplay and a more attention to controls smoothness and graphics quality for PC gamers.
  15. Jun 1, 2013
    A very enjoyable game.. It's a huge fun to play.. very addictive specially in your first gameplay.. and you would probably go for more then one walkthrough, specially with the new difficulties incentive.. the level-repeat system is great.. it actually makes repeating levels useful, since it keeps your new upgrades and the new stuff you achieved while repeating that level..

on the other

on the other hand, the gameplay, although very fun, is pretty much plain and shallow, you don't do anything special.. you don't think.. it's Just some random daemons that shows up for you to hack & slash, or button mash.. but i guess that's what a hack-&-slash video game is.

The story is stupid, it feels shallow and juvenile, as you'd expect from a daemons-plot.. The story feels like an uninteresting teens anime.. it takes the "governments control you" & "media owns you" theme, But Dante is so NOT v for vendetta.. He's a douchebag and doesn't feel like a fully developed character.. In the first 2010 debut trailer.. he seemed very interesting, He seemed like the stoned, sick, twisted-criminal-minded careless psycho sort of character.. Not the theatrical badass, More like natural careless evil guy.. But what they offered was totally different then the impression that trailer gave.. They offered an undeveloped semi-cool douchebag who loves to exhibit his ability to say you".. It felt like writers were depending on his charming smile rather than the character's dialog or persona.. Ya. it was kinda cool and memorable character.. but surely not the unique or interesting one..

But the really annoying character was Virgil.. Virgil felt like Hoyt in Far cry 3.. the final villain who doesn't fit to be the final villain.. The nonsensical character that feels it was just made evil to give you a final boss mission.. besides, the final scene "SPOILER" was dumb.. what do you mean by taking control of the world.. what they gonna do? hit a button? make another virility?

In the overall.. it's a great game. if you want to play a game that's very enjoyable.. very fun.. but with shallow story and writing, Then this is your choice.

P.S: I never played any DMC before. only played devil may cry 3 for like the first two hours and haven't really kicked in into the game.. So this review is not in compare to previous games.. it's based solely on what the new DMC offers.
  16. Apr 11, 2013
    A good game and nice graphics but the overall factor wasnt so nice... I was a bit disappointed. I expected interactive cut scenes and it would have made the game a lot better but anyways it provided a nice experience and the hack and slash was extreme..
  17. Mar 18, 2014
    The game is beautiful and very good optimized, the stages have good design sometime to colorful. But the characters are week, disappointing for me bad reboot(not talking for Dante hairs), the jokes are not funny some bosses look annoying don't like all the weapons. Beautiful Hack and slash with poor characters and story.
  18. Jan 31, 2013
    However not only was DMC outsourced - Ninja Theory - the Director of the Devil May Cry Series is now with Platinum Games, has been since Bayonetta
    #####
    Dante's character in DMC had some throw backs to the original, however my taste - maybe because I am getting older - having the F word thrown around as much just wasn't a good characteristic, the original Dante never had to go that far.
  19. Jan 28, 2013
    I'm playing it right now on pc. Will get straight to the point: story could be interesting but the way its done it is just total boredom. Graphics is ok ( im playing on ultra settings ) but nothing to rave about. Levels are not very well designed and get boring really quickly - loads of gray corridors and a lot of copy/paste work. There is way too much platforming. Controls are convolutedI'm playing it right now on pc. Will get straight to the point: story could be interesting but the way its done it is just total boredom. Graphics is ok ( im playing on ultra settings ) but nothing to rave about. Levels are not very well designed and get boring really quickly - loads of gray corridors and a lot of copy/paste work. There is way too much platforming. Controls are convoluted and confusing, and camera somehow always sets itself in bad angle ( almost as bad as dmc2 but still worst then dmc4 which i was playing just before new one came out ). Lack of lock on is more problematic then it seamed from the reviews. Most of the time I'm "fighting" with those issues instead the enemies. Combat gets boring quickly with only about handful of combos, especially when spamming best moves does job quickly ( and if you want rank SSS, you just do different attacks for a moment until you get to SSS and then spam till last enemy fells ). Also when enemies are highlighted in yellow they are invincible and a lot of times they attack when they are in that mode just as you falling after jumping, and if you already used dodge in air once or you didn't even see those enemies on the screen, you F'ed, As for where I'm in the game there is one type which you have too pull, but there is no indication which chain you need to use at particular moment. Overall this game is a step down from Alice: Madness Returns ... Surprise! Yes, this game is almost like a carbon copy of Alice sequel, rather then being dmc game. Alice was a good game despite it flaws, but I I don't want dmc to be like that - I want dmc to be over the top - high octane action, with elegant controls and imaginative combat, and some puzzles/exploration cherry on top. And new dmc is not that. I would enjoy it ok if it would be a new franchise even thought it is mediocre at best, but because it's labeled as DMC it deserves all fans backslash it has got. Expand
  20. Feb 25, 2013
    The new Dante sucks, I know. But the bashing this game has received by fanboys is ridiculous. I'm not saying it's an amazing game, but after playing through it, even though I hated Dante I can't deny the fun I had, pulling off some cool combos and platforming through very well designed areas. The combat flows great and the soundtrack is spot on. The story, even though it's not veryThe new Dante sucks, I know. But the bashing this game has received by fanboys is ridiculous. I'm not saying it's an amazing game, but after playing through it, even though I hated Dante I can't deny the fun I had, pulling off some cool combos and platforming through very well designed areas. The combat flows great and the soundtrack is spot on. The story, even though it's not very interesting it was fine. The graphics and character animations were great and it really showed the amount of work it has been put into the game. I only wish they had done the same with the character developement, I only liked Lilith, Dante, Virgil and that little wiccan babe, whose name I can't remember now, were pretty uninteresting and thats pretty bad considering that those were the characters you were supposed to like and care for. The game also has some of the worst one liners I've ever heard in a video game (DANTE SUCKS lol), but the thing that made me go from an 8 to a 7 was the difficulty. I played it on Nephilim (Hard) and I pretty much destroyed everyone easily and that sucks when you're playing a series in which you're used to curse and want to puch people in the face every time you die (there used to be many of those times in ealrier DMC's). Despite the flaws, this is a very good game overall and it at least deserves a rental so you can playthrough it once. Expand
  21. Feb 5, 2013
    AVERAGE that's all I can say. I have to be honest and say I haven't played any other DMC games but I was disappointed in this one even though I don't have anything to compare it to. Nothing revolutionary at all. Just a standard hack n slash with some weapon and ability upgrades. The game itself is way too easy and there just aren't enough enemies on the screen to make it engaging enough.AVERAGE that's all I can say. I have to be honest and say I haven't played any other DMC games but I was disappointed in this one even though I don't have anything to compare it to. Nothing revolutionary at all. Just a standard hack n slash with some weapon and ability upgrades. The game itself is way too easy and there just aren't enough enemies on the screen to make it engaging enough. Dante is also an obnoxious arrogant self-absorbed tool I couldn't stand some of his dialogue. Waste of 6-8 hours when I look back on it, I could have been playing something better. Expand
  22. Jan 19, 2015
    I have to say,DmC isn't the worst reboot,but it definitely has it's fair share of mistakes . However,this doesn't take away the absolute awesome moments in the game,so lets do this quick!

FINAL VERDICT Modern setting- 2 Plot is actually the best out of all the other DmC's (DevilMayCry)- 3 Graphically beautiful- 1 In the beggining sequence of the game when the white emo wig perfectly

FINAL VERDICT
    Modern setting- 2
    Plot is actually the best out of all the other DmC's (DevilMayCry)- 3
    Graphically beautiful- 1
    In the beggining sequence of the game when the white emo wig perfectly lands on Dante's head (A complete **** you to the fans of the old Dante,IT WASN'T AN EASTER EGG!)- -1
    Dante's new look and a bit of shift in personality- -3

FINAL RESULT=7
  23. Feb 4, 2013
    It's definitely DMC game play the level designs are fantastic, the story is paced very well and while not a top notch example of writing, it's still a decent story on par (or possibly better) than some of the stuff that passes for a summer action movie in recent years. My primary drawback was that this game was written for teenagers. It's like someone said "Let's show them some strippersIt's definitely DMC game play the level designs are fantastic, the story is paced very well and while not a top notch example of writing, it's still a decent story on par (or possibly better) than some of the stuff that passes for a summer action movie in recent years. My primary drawback was that this game was written for teenagers. It's like someone said "Let's show them some strippers and demons and angels while rehashing Dante's genesis with some super-human action thrown in the hack and slash mix to make them feel like they're doing something." If you can keep your opinion from hinging heavily on subject matter the presentation is great. I do have to say though who thought Dante's new look should be white-trash douche in an overcoat? Bad move totally cost this game a lot of cool points. Not that I prefer the original look, I just don't really think they did any better. Expand
  24. Feb 7, 2013
    This isn't a perfect game, but its not as overly terrible as everyone makes it out to be and it most certainly isn't a gem. First off, the "bad" of this game, which are quite obvious: Design, Writing, Difficulty, and small game play elements. While there are some interesting platforming segments, the overall look and feel of this game isn't appealing, and just comes off as a bright lightThis isn't a perfect game, but its not as overly terrible as everyone makes it out to be and it most certainly isn't a gem. First off, the "bad" of this game, which are quite obvious: Design, Writing, Difficulty, and small game play elements. While there are some interesting platforming segments, the overall look and feel of this game isn't appealing, and just comes off as a bright light show. Writing is where this game takes its toll, with dialogue that is so horrid that I end up face palming every time. The way these characters are implemented into this new reboot is a disgrace to their original counter-parts, and the story isn't anything spectacular as expected. This game isn't difficult at all, and even on the game's supposed "hard" mode, it felt like normal mode. Some game play elements, such as no lock-on and sometimes frustrating camera can be an annoyance to any player. But what I was most disappointed in with the game play elements, was the fact that the game shoves the new weapons to you so quick, that you aren't able to have the time to master them. Also, Devil Trigger is just a free get-out-of-jail card.

The "good" of this game? Game play. It feels as a Devil May Cry game should, with some new additions. The game plays smooth on a PC with the right specs, don't bother with the console version where you're given half of the experience. If you actually take the time to practice, you can make some pretty combos with the variety of weapons given. Platforming is actually good in this game, and although it is brain dead easy, its pretty entertaining in some segments.

Final thoughts: Again, Its not a completely terrible game. From what I've heard, Ninja Theory have made some pretty great games with deep narrative, but this game isn't one of them. It has it's flaws, but at the very least I suggest you give it a try and see if it'll change your mind. You'll find something enjoyable at the least.

P.S.: Ninja Theory, that white wig joke wasn't funny.

Also, to the people criticizing a game they haven't played, and created accounts just to make the score sink for this game. You guys are pathetic.
  25. Mar 11, 2013
    I have been a Devil May Cry fan for a long time so when I heard about this reboot I immediately went into "butthurt fanboy" mode for quite a few months. However, I have a policy of always trying out games before judging them, so I gave this one a chance too. I have to say the first cinematic really made me want to smash my head on the wall. After that, however, I was positively surprised.I have been a Devil May Cry fan for a long time so when I heard about this reboot I immediately went into "butthurt fanboy" mode for quite a few months. However, I have a policy of always trying out games before judging them, so I gave this one a chance too. I have to say the first cinematic really made me want to smash my head on the wall. After that, however, I was positively surprised. The gameplay, although easier, is brilliant and made me forget about the new characters and the arguably mediocre plot very quickly. The level design is gorgeous and Combichrist really made an awesome job on the aggressive soundtrack. The guitar in the combat themes will make you feel like a badass. There are two things (well, aside for Dante's behaviour in the beginning) that annoyed the crap out of me: the lack of a lock on feature (this NEEDS to be patched, especially if they're planning on releasing future DLCs) and the way they pictured Sparda. From invincible overpowered hero to...well...useless Also, I don't understand why they removed the taunting option. From a technical point of view I'd say the game is nearly perfect, with very few to no bugs (at least, that's my experience), amazing graphics and responsive controls. A quality porting...not something I'm used to, especially when it comes to this kind of games. Overall, although I initially hated to admit it, I had a lot of fun with this game. While playing it's clear as day that the developers put a lot of effort and hard work into it and that's not something you see very often nowadays so I take my hat off before NT's developers and artists, as well as Noisia and Combichrist. It's good to see some people still care about what they do. My rating would be 7/7.5 if we look at it as a Devil May Cry game but a solid 8.5 if we consider it as a normal hack'n slash. In any case, it's worth a try. P.S. Now I would like to see a game in the original Devil May Cry universe, Capcom...pretty please? lol Expand
  26. Jul 29, 2013
    This game had a lot of potential, however there a several reasons why this is not a 10. Without playing as Vergil this game seems incomplete to me. You need to purchase a lazy piece of DLC to do that.
    Also, the lack of skins for yourself and weapons is an issue, also because you need to buy them if you want any. Maybe I find this to be a huge problem because I am from a time where you unlocked such things through game play and not you wallet.
    The last part of the game seemed lazy, and the lack of a targeting system really pissed me off at times.
  27. May 23, 2015
    this game is quite nice. The story is quite ok and the characters are also ok . The difficulty level is not bad but i find DMC3 and Dmc4 is far more challenging. The boss battles are nice. And the new redesign of Dante and Vergil is nice but i prefer the original design & personality of Capcom did. The ost is ok but i think Capcom has better OST maker. And *spoiler alert*this game is quite nice. The story is quite ok and the characters are also ok . The difficulty level is not bad but i find DMC3 and Dmc4 is far more challenging. The boss battles are nice. And the new redesign of Dante and Vergil is nice but i prefer the original design & personality of Capcom did. The ost is ok but i think Capcom has better OST maker. And *spoiler alert* ................................. i think DMC3 final mission is more difficult, challenging than this game final mission. For Dmc3 and DMC4, player can choose 4 style+. This game has no style selection. And 1 more con is no taunt . Expand
  28. Jun 10, 2013
    Absolutely great game.
    I haven't played DmC since DmC3, and at first didn't like the look of this one, but I gave it a go nonetheless.
    Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed. The combat system is superb, the soundtrack is great (although won't be to everyone's taste), and the graphics and level design is top-notch, although slightly corridor. Unfortunately, the story let it down
    Absolutely great game.
    Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed.
    Unfortunately, the story let it down slightly, as it was vague and there was no real "drive" behind Dante's actions, whereas the story in the older games was more detailed, but still a great game nonetheless.
    It was also somewhat short, leaving maybe enough replay value for a second (but unlikely a third) playthrough.

I'd recommend it, but maybe when it's nice and cheap.
  29. Feb 13, 2013
    Okey, so I´ve been playing this game for around five hours. Sure, I can say that I never have been much for hack and slash. But I loved the older DMC games! I feel that they wanted too much with this game, they wanted the old style from DMC but they also wanted to add a lot of thing, personely I think it´s way too much things to keep track on. All from the weapons, wips and skills. In theOkey, so I´ve been playing this game for around five hours. Sure, I can say that I never have been much for hack and slash. But I loved the older DMC games! I feel that they wanted too much with this game, they wanted the old style from DMC but they also wanted to add a lot of thing, personely I think it´s way too much things to keep track on. All from the weapons, wips and skills. In the end I just mashed X-button, to get rid of the mobs. The mobs are so boring, they don´t even look intresting. But the bosses, ohh mama! They were really nice, especially the voice acting! I remember the old days, playing DMC with the stiff camera, those were the days. Expand
  30. Feb 18, 2013
    DMC have personally been associated with the charismatic blond Dante. Developers have destroyed a great series of games. All that remained at the level: it's graphics, fun carnage and good music.
    This is not the DMC that once was.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 10, 2013
    It’s an awesome game, despite its flaws. Whether you like the young Dante or not, is purely a matter of personal taste. But that’s not an excuse to ignore this gem. [March 2013]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    DMC: Devil May Cry sublimates the best of the genre and conquest PC user with a fast-paced and eye-catching title, made of pure action.
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    Graphical flaws and overly linear gameplay aside, DmC is a solid first installment in the relaunched franchise.